[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 134929)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 126655268659.png - (201.85KB , 800x600 , Riarda title.png )
134929 No. 134929 ID: bd36a1

A quiet study, lit by the light of a candle and a simple torch, hung from the wall. Countless books and papers litter the floor and shelves.
Expand all images
>>
No. 134935 ID: bd36a1
File 126655283943.png - (220.71KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro1.png )
134935

"Hmm? Oh, when did you arrive? Well, welcome to my study.
>>
No. 134939 ID: 45be60

Hi! hihihihi!
>>
No. 134940 ID: 3416ec

I dunno, when DID we arrive?

I think we teleported here.
>>
No. 134944 ID: f609ed

Read me a story, Gramps!
>>
No. 134945 ID: 9e9b47

Thanks!
>>
No. 134947 ID: f52552

...Are we Binky?
>>
No. 134948 ID: 62489a

WHERE ARE THE LORHKES.
>>
No. 134949 ID: bd36a1
File 126655297043.png - (246.72KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro2_5.png )
134949

"People only tend to come here when they want to hear a story about Riarda's history. Well, I've got just the one."
>>
No. 134952 ID: bd36a1
File 126655300626.png - (184.58KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro3.png )
134952

"Now... who was the main character again?"

Select Species
>>
No. 134953 ID: ebea88

Well, I was planning on robbing this dump. But I guess you can read me a grand old story.

Then later, I can rob you.
>>
No. 134954 ID: 655d51

slime
>>
No. 134955 ID: 61674d

Do it, old man. Tell us the story.

The story... of your people.
>>
No. 134956 ID: f98e0b

Nah'Goda.
>>
No. 134958 ID: 3416ec

Nah'Goda. That looks interesting enough.
>>
No. 134959 ID: eb6d46

>>134952
I don't know what a Vataruk is at all.

So I'm gonna go with that.
>>
No. 134962 ID: 61674d

Slime
>>
No. 134963 ID: 19ecf1

>>134952
unlock mind-flayer....

Otherwise, Dragonkin or Slime... leaning on the slime side...
>>
No. 134964 ID: 34bfdb

Vataruk?
>>
No. 134965 ID: 34470e

>>134952
Dragonkin
>>
No. 134966 ID: f609ed

SLIME, SLIME, SLIME
>>
No. 134969 ID: c1b520

Slime of course
>>
No. 134970 ID: 05d895

Vataruk. If I know silhouettes, the Vataruk is gonna be worth the pick.
>>
No. 134971 ID: f52552

>>134952
SLIME
>>
No. 134972 ID: bf1e7e

>>134959

Jryuv is a Vataruk.

I vote for Vataruk. We already had a slime quest and we might get a story about playing with a dog.
>>
No. 134975 ID: b76d8c

Vataruk
>>
No. 134980 ID: af61ca

Vataruk
>>
No. 134981 ID: 62489a

>>134972
Vaturuk then, definitely.

Let us be the kangaskhan.
>>
No. 134982 ID: 889351

Vataruk.
>>
No. 134983 ID: d31d16

Slime
Or Nah'Goda. Dat Tongue.
>>
No. 134984 ID: cfad4e

Dragonkin
>>
No. 134985 ID: 3416ec

We HAD a Slime Quest already! Choose something else, like the Nah'Goda!
>>
No. 134988 ID: 9e9b47

Vataruk
>>
No. 134989 ID: d42e75

I do like me some slime.
>>
No. 134993 ID: 354bcd

Nahgoda
>>
No. 134995 ID: bd36a1
File 126655386555.png - (198.84KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro4.png )
134995

"That's right, it was a fellow Vataruk. Now... hmm... was it a boy or a girl?"
>>
No. 134997 ID: 34470e

>>134995
Boy
>>
No. 134998 ID: f52552

>>134995
Female.
>>
No. 134999 ID: 3416ec

>>134995

DAMMIT.

Uh, girl.
>>
No. 135000 ID: 6faa8c

>>134995
GIRL.
>>
No. 135001 ID: eb6d46

>>134995
We always wind up going with girl anyway.
>>
No. 135002 ID: 62489a

>>134995
Girl.

Where do you think you are? Y!Gallery? This is the internet, we're going to pick girl.
>>
No. 135003 ID: f21281

Dragon-kin!
>>
No. 135004 ID: ebea88

A girl. DUH

Look where you're asking, man.
>>
No. 135005 ID: 6834bc

>>134985
But Slime Quest left us with blue balls!
>>
No. 135006 ID: cfad4e

Male
>>
No. 135007 ID: 61674d

Fegirl.
>>
No. 135008 ID: 154253

>>134995
Female.
>>
No. 135009 ID: d31d16

>>134995
Femme.
>>
No. 135010 ID: 9e9b47

Female
>>
No. 135012 ID: bf1e7e

Boy. Females don't have tits.
>>
No. 135013 ID: 354bcd

Male, dammit.
>>
No. 135014 ID: b76d8c

Boy
>>
No. 135018 ID: d6a592

man w/ tits
>>
No. 135019 ID: 8f1880

>>134995

Female!

:3c
>>
No. 135021 ID: 6834bc

>>134995
Female.
>>
No. 135022 ID: 655d51

male
>>
No. 135024 ID: 556b24

Giiiiiirl.
>>
No. 135025 ID: f98e0b

Lady
>>
No. 135036 ID: bd36a1
File 126655470599.png - (203.27KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro5.png )
135036

"Oh yeah, duh, it was a girl. How could I forget? What was her fighting style again?"
>>
No. 135037 ID: 889351

Magic
>>
No. 135038 ID: 8f1880

>>135036

Melee. We're an up-close-and-personal kinda gal.
>>
No. 135039 ID: 34470e

>>135036
Magic
>>
No. 135041 ID: 632862

Let's FIREBALL SOME FACES!
>>
No. 135043 ID: 62489a

MATRIMELEE.
>>
No. 135044 ID: 3416ec

Range. Always good to hit from afar.
>>
No. 135047 ID: 9e9b47

Melee
>>
No. 135048 ID: bf1e7e

Melee
>>
No. 135049 ID: eb6d46

Range.

I guess.
>>
No. 135051 ID: ba41e5

If i recall correctly, it was magic.
>>
No. 135052 ID: b76d8c

Melee
>>
No. 135057 ID: cfad4e
File 12665549583.jpg - (119.13KB , 948x339 , wizardry.jpg )
135057

Magic.
>>
No. 135058 ID: f52552

>>135036
Majiks.
>>
No. 135062 ID: 6834bc

>>135036
Magic.
>>
No. 135066 ID: 34bfdb

Yeah deleted posts, changing vote to Melee, though still hoping for the Multi-class.
>>
No. 135070 ID: fb90f5

Melee!
>>
No. 135072 ID: 357089

Melee
>>
No. 135074 ID: fc6aec

Melee.
>>
No. 135076 ID: 59c09e

range!
>>
No. 135083 ID: 694ad5

Magic.
>>
No. 135089 ID: 3416ec

>>135070
>>135072
>>135074

Okay, who's changing their IP address to make unique posts?? I'm on to you, buddy! D:<
>>
No. 135092 ID: 213e20

Melee
>>
No. 135094 ID: 154253

>>135036
Melee.
>>
No. 135096 ID: 19ecf1

>>135036
... magic using melee fighter?
>>
No. 135097 ID: 20326c

WHAT PUSSY BABY GIRL USES MAGIC TO FIGHT!?

MELEE THE MOTHERFUCKERS.
>>
No. 135099 ID: d56ac0

MELEE
>>
No. 135104 ID: 34bfdb

Already voted FYI.

I think a melee fighter with a tiny bit of magic, likely focused in one area to give her an edge, would be interesting.

Something like a certain well-dressed lizard dude, and his fire breath trick for example.
>>
No. 135105 ID: bd36a1
File 126655672647.png - (213.76KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro6.png )
135105

"Oh yeah, she was a close in fighter. Now... how did she like to do it?"

Light Melee: prefers bare claws or light bladed weapons. Frequently prefers to use stealth.

Medium Melee: Highly defensive, using a medium blade weapon with a shield.

Heavy Melee: Heavy hitting power, preferring to use large bladed or bludgeoning weapons wielded in both hands.

Berserker: Channeling the power of the Dragon God of Fury, a Berserker is in complete control of its rage, using their bare claws, or frequently hooked weaponry to tear into targets.

Please suggest a weapon type: sword, axe, flail, chain, etc with your vote.
>>
No. 135109 ID: 12f282

>>135105
Berserker, flail.
>>
No. 135110 ID: 62489a

BERSERKERRRRR with an axe that has a hook on the other end, like a one handed halberd without the spear tip.

Clearly the best option for a warrior lizard chick like yourself.
>>
No. 135112 ID: 154253

>>135105
Light.
Punching Daggers (Katar).
>>
No. 135113 ID: 099247
File 126655682819.jpg - (417.45KB , 600x600 , sanae rage.jpg )
135113

BESERKER
>>
No. 135114 ID: d56ac0

Heavy; sword
>>
No. 135115 ID: 8b7db1

>>135105
Hmm... I'm stuck for either Medium or Heavy. But either case, I want a sword. Preferably as big as you can get in the respective range.
>>
No. 135116 ID: cfad4e

Heavy, Hammer
>>
No. 135117 ID: 34470e
File 126655687426.png - (68.40KB , 540x540 , THAT4.png )
135117

>>135105
Light Melee, cat claw(s).
>>
No. 135118 ID: c0f3bf

>>135112
Seconded. It's like punching, but with CUT!
>>
No. 135119 ID: bf1e7e

Berserker, claws
>>
No. 135120 ID: 3a4a54

Light. Chain Sword.
>>
No. 135121 ID: 3416ec

Heavy.

Speak softly and carry a big sword.
>>
No. 135122 ID: 354f83

My love for you is like a truck, Berserker!
>>
No. 135123 ID: b76d8c

Medium, Falchion
>>
No. 135125 ID: f52552

>>135105
Medium, swordanboard.
Khopesh and tower shield.
>>
No. 135128 ID: 62489a

Swords are retarded. It's a slashing weapon with zero ability to penetrate armor. If we want a weak slashing weapon we already have our claws.

Use a mace, flail or axe. Swords are retarded.
>>
No. 135129 ID: 8f1880

>>135105

Light. We like it from behind.
>>
No. 135130 ID: 288dda

Light.
Daggers akimbo. Held gangsta-style.
>>
No. 135132 ID: 19ecf1
File 126655723827.jpg - (20.85KB , 200x256 , 200px-Ornamental_katar[1].jpg )
135132

light, katars
>>
No. 135135 ID: f98e0b

Sword 'n Board it.
>>
No. 135139 ID: d6a592

I also vote for light, katars
>>
No. 135140 ID: 81e500

Putting my weight behind light, Katars.
>>
No. 135142 ID: bd36a1
File 12665577543.png - (189.59KB , 800x600 , JryuvIntro7.png )
135142

"Of course, she was a stealthy light fighter. Alright, now that my memories been jogged, let us begin..."

>gonna have to pause it here for the night most likely while I flesh out the character design and starting location fleshed out<
>>
No. 135143 ID: 632862

Light, Katars.
>>
No. 135144 ID: d31d16

Medium, flail and shield. I want to see faces meet maces.
>>
No. 137806 ID: bd36a1
File 126695350357.png - (202.57KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
137806

"Nnh, Miyerine's Judgment, why's it so damn cold!? Volqel, what happened to the damn fire?"
>>
No. 137807 ID: bd36a1
File 12669535834.png - (202.98KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
137807

"And why is my lean-to knocked over on me? Volqel? Volqel?"

Hmm... that's odd...
>>
No. 137808 ID: 8e18cd

>>137807

Bloody footprints! Oh boy! Can you identify from where they came from?

Hey what's in that cave by the way?
>>
No. 137811 ID: 135d9a

>>137807
Yeah, uh, blood + footprints + fire gone out = fight of some sort? Not sure though.
>>
No. 137812 ID: 701a19

>>135117
This, but with a strap instead of a hold. That would allow us to wield a simple weapon with little penalty - no penalty if the claws are retractable.

Remember, we're a legendary hero. We can do shit like that.
>>
No. 137813 ID: c0d54b

Investigate blood and tracks.
What are you doing here anyways? Who's Volqel?
>>
No. 137814 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137807
Well that's fucking odd. It looks like someone started bleeding and then left the place. But there are no footprints going away next to the blood. Looks like whoever bleed flew off.

Anyway this is no time to lie around in a pile of sticks. Get up and move some to get some warmth back in your joints and see who the fuck is coming towards you.
>>
No. 137815 ID: bd36a1
File 126695446731.png - (206.42KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
137815

>>137808
Looks like there's two sets of foot prints. One set looks like Volqel's and seems to be accompanied by a fair bit of blood, and is heading up the foot of the mountain to this camp. The other set, I can't identify, but it looks like who ever it was came up here, and went back down.

The fire's been kicked out.

>>137813
Volqel's my partner, the brawn of the team basically. We're a sentry team sent down here to the foot of the mountain to keep an eye on the nearby villages or camps. There's a monster-kin camp about a day from here that we've mainly been keeping an eye on.

The cave is where Volqel's been sleeping, also where we've been keeping all our supplies.
>>
No. 137816 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137815
There is something odd near the edge of the cliff you have been camping on. Examine what it is.
>>
No. 137817 ID: 62489a

>>137815
Gather some supplies (basic survival tools, food, water, preferably in a pack) and follow Volqel's footprints.
>>
No. 137818 ID: 8e18cd

>>137815

Check the cave then, making sure everything is intact there.
>>
No. 137819 ID: c0d54b

>>137815
Tell us more about your people, also about monster-kin.
We have to know with what we're dealing here.
Information about your equipment and skills would also be good.
>>
No. 137820 ID: bd36a1
File 12669554893.png - (210.37KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
137820

>>137816
This? Looks like some sort of claws dug out a chunk of the stone. To small to be a Behemoth, could have maybe been Volqel, or what ever left those other foot prints.

>>137818
Everything seems to be in order back in the cave as well. Looks like everything's there, which means Volqel left without supplies.

>>137819
I'm a Vataruk, we live in these mountains in the country the Hugavid call "Ceretar." I'm a Xyphor trained in the art of sneaking, spying, and if necessary, finesse fighting. Volqel is a Vedur, a large armored guard basically. Monster-kin are essentially beast people, sort of half-way steps between Hugavid and monsters. The ones in the camp nearby are primarily behemoth types. Large claws, horns, etcetera.

>>137817
If there's nothing else to check around here, I'll grab what I need and can carry and try to back track Volqel's foot prints the best I can.
>>
No. 137821 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137820
Doesn't seem to be anything else there right now. Collect what you need and start tracing.
>>
No. 137822 ID: 135d9a

>>137820
Well if you've already noticed everything we have then yeah you should probably get going.
>>
No. 137823 ID: 8e18cd

>>137820

I'm pretty sure that:

a) Volqel heard a noise. Went to investigate.
b) There was an assailant waiting outside with a range weapon. Volquel got shot and probably one of the shots destroyed the lean to.
c) The assailant ran away frantically given how irregular the footsteps are.
d) Volquel followed him with a bleeding wound. Given how big those splotches are I'd say that she was either running or having a major blood loss.

Either way - quickly cover up the entrance and go find your companion before she/he bleeds to death
>>
No. 137824 ID: 701a19

>>137823
It's a hole in rock. Trying to cover it up will just draw more attention to it.
>>
No. 137825 ID: 135d9a

>>137820
Actually I can't help but notice that you're awkwardly avoiding giving Volqel a pronoun.
>>
No. 137826 ID: bd36a1
File 126695725775.png - (174.06KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
137826

>>137821
I've grabbed what I can into my pack. I've reached the foot of the mountain, ahead are the woods. Volqel's tracks seem to stop with the snow though...

>>137823
It's a natural hole, so it probably won't draw to much attention. I scatter the remains of my lean-to though, and spread the ashes from the fire out, just in case.
>>
No. 137827 ID: 1c0eb7

See if we ca pick up the trail in a sandy or muddy spot, we'll at least see where they came from.
>>
No. 137829 ID: 8e18cd

>>137826

Where's the blood trail?
>>
No. 137832 ID: 3416ec

>>137827

Agreed. We need to pick up the trail. Look for any disturbed ground or grass.
>>
No. 137835 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137826
Volqel sounds like a big person so there should be tracks that you can follow. If not immediatly at the foot of the mountain then in the nearby forrest.
>>
No. 137839 ID: bd36a1
File 126695837016.png - (175.55KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
137839

>>137829
The blood trail looks to have stopped part way up the mountain side, a few yards from here.

>>137827
>>137832
I'm not really the most adept tracker. That's more of the ranger's sort of bag than a spy's... There were a whole lot of those weird foot prints up where the blood trail starts, and a lot of them down here too. The grass doesn't look out of the ordinary to me. There are a few patches of dirt that look like someone might have stood in at some point, and some spots that look like Volqel's claws might have been there over by the lake, but that's about it.
>>
No. 137841 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137839
Follow Volqels clawmarks. If he or she is big and heavy with clawed feet then there should be tracks that even a spy can follow.
>>
No. 137844 ID: 135d9a

>>137841
This is basically your only lead for the moment, so.
>>
No. 137849 ID: 3416ec

>>137839

Could someone have swam away?
>>
No. 137851 ID: bd36a1
File 126696005359.png - (175.95KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
137851

>>137841
His claw marks are only around here by the lake. Volqel was on guard duty while I slept. This is the lake and stream we've been getting our water from. He might have been down here getting water, or maybe he heard who ever left those other foot prints?
>>
No. 137852 ID: 62489a

>>137851
Are there more tracks on the other side of the stream?
>>
No. 137858 ID: 632862

>>137851
Check in the cave.
>>
No. 137860 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137851
Or he is walking in the stream to make sure he doesn't leave tracks and a blood trail. So follow the stream and hope you picked the right direction.
>>
No. 137873 ID: bd36a1
File 12669625985.png - (268.11KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
137873

>>137858
The small hole in the mountain appears to just be an old Amaran den.

>>137860
The rocks in the stream all seem to be moved in an odd way... like something was being dragged.

>>137852
a ways down the stream it looks like something was dragged up on shore. It looks like there was some kind of struggle here and there's more blood on the ground and some black liquid as well.
>>
No. 137877 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137873
Damn, those are some pretty big claws that scarred that tree. Is that something Volqel could do or would that have been a Monseterkin?

Anyway, follow the trail into the forrest. And be on the lookout for traps or ambushes.
>>
No. 137883 ID: 135d9a

>>137873
Yeah your friend Volqel was definitely involved in some kinda fight thing.

So uh I assume the blood and such keep going? As long as they do, keep following, I guess.
>>
No. 137918 ID: 632862

Be stealthy while following the blood.
>>
No. 137922 ID: bd36a1
File 126696653657.png - (247.23KB , 800x600 , 09.png )
137922

The blood leads me further into the woods. I seem to have come across some sort of clearing here. Looks like there used to be a fire.
>>
No. 137925 ID: 632862

>>137922
Something's behind that tree stump!
>>
No. 137928 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137922
Was that tree torn down recently? Because if it was then you might be following something very big and dangerous.

Also, ready your weapons and approach the stump stealthily from the left.
>>
No. 137933 ID: 135d9a

>>137922
Yeah, the stump over there looks a tad suspicious.

Also if that tree got torn down by something you'd potentially have to fight, uhh... let's hope for not a fight.
>>
No. 137953 ID: 3416ec

>>137922

Throw a knife toward that shape by the trunk!
>>
No. 137961 ID: bd36a1
File 126697030388.png - (231.85KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
137961

There looks to be some bones back here. Two skulls, I guess that means there's two different people...
>>
No. 137962 ID: bd36a1
File 126697032434.gif - (162.49KB , 800x600 , 11.gif )
137962

...

URK

>animated<
>>
No. 137964 ID: bd36a1
File 126697048695.png - (242.61KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
137964

Th-That's Volqel! Zurka, it's Volqel!
>>
No. 137965 ID: 3416ec

>>137964

Then that shape by the tree trunk must have killed him!

REVENGE GRR
>>
No. 137966 ID: 62489a

>>137964
Keep on the lookout for fire-eyed catgirls or alien hunters that make clicky noises.
>>
No. 137967 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137964
Well that explains part of what happened to him. Whose is the other skull? By the way do you see any bitemarks? Skin and flesh just doesn't disappear that fast.
>>
No. 137969 ID: 632862

>>137964
Time to hide in the bushes and wait for whatever it is that did this to come back.
>>
No. 137970 ID: 135d9a

>>137963
So what you're saying, then, is that Volqel is extremely dead.

And he/she/you-haven't-given-us-a-pronoun was a bigger, more effective fighter than you. The brawn of the team, as you said.

I would suggest getting the hell away from here. You seem pretty outclassed.
>>
No. 137971 ID: 135d9a

>>137970
Or, y'know, at least hide.
>>
No. 137982 ID: bd36a1
File 126697245336.png - (113.65KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
137982

I've never seen this kind of skull before... it has bite marks all over it, like something was gnawing on it. Volqel's skull has the same kind of marks. It looks kind of like a Hugavid skull, but way to big and the proportions and teeth are all wrong...
>>
No. 137983 ID: 3416ec

>>137982

So... this isn't Volqel?
>>
No. 137986 ID: bd36a1

>>137983
I forgot to link to the post. That's the other skull lying behind the stump. Volqel's is now lying in front of the stump
>>
No. 137987 ID: 8ecfd4

>>137982
Ok, so now we know Volqel was attacked by something. He ran away because he didn't want it to get you too. He got to this place where a huge thing that rips down trees like nothing probably got him. Then it ate him.

Ok, this is far beyond your capacity at the moment. Get the fuck out and get some reinforcments.
>>
No. 138000 ID: bd36a1
File 126697444682.png - (233.08KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
138000

>>137987
Ok, where should I go? There's the Monster-kin camp that's probably few hours, less than a day, away from here, though they're allied with our Ceretar enemies. And there's another Vataruk scout camp a bit over a day's travel from here. Alternatively, I could try and treck back to the capital and seek audience with the king.
>>
No. 138003 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138000
You don't really have anything to come to the king with yet and the monster-kin would be disinclined to help you or believe you. Head on back to the Vataruk scout camp.
>>
No. 138005 ID: cfad4e

Scout camp seems the only good option.
>>
No. 138007 ID: 15f6d6

Vataruk scout camp seems like the most reasonable place.

Bring the skulls. maybe somebody can identify the marks or the type of skull that you can't identify.
>>
No. 138009 ID: 3b6c92

>>138000
The scout camp seems like the most rational option. I don't think it would be a good idea to visit an enemy village, and the way you describe the king's location implies that this is a long way off.

If nothing else you probably want to collect yourself, given that you just found your companion's skull about a minute ago.
>>
No. 138023 ID: 34bfdb

If it's only a few hours? Check the monster camp, not for 'help' or anything, but to spy really. Be sneaky, check the status of the place, a little extra info. See if what attacked your buddy is giving them any trouble, or if all is normal.

Then head back to the other scouting camp. I think going straight to the king over this would be a bit much.

Take along some of that 'black liquid' that's scattered about too.. I'm sure you've got some sort of viable container for it. It's unusual, could be a clue as to what did this.
>>
No. 138097 ID: 701a19

Add Volqel's remains to your inventory. He deserves better than rotting in the woods.
>>
No. 138582 ID: bd36a1
File 126712318774.png - (227.22KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
138582

>>138097
There aren't nearly enough bones back here to be Volqel's entire body. Especially if this other skull's body is here too. I gather what I can make out to be his remains and place them in my rucksack. The skull is to large, so I carry it in my other hand.

I'll make my way to the other scout camp.

After traveling for many hours, it's begun to get dark. I should probably think about finding a place to sleep, some where in this small clearing would probably work, or I could try and push on through the night.
>>
No. 138583 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138582
The thing that ate your partner might still be out there. And so could monsterkin. If you had other people with you that could stand guard I would say it's a good idea to stop and rest.

But there is only you. I say press on through the night. Once you're at the scout camp you can rest.
>>
No. 138584 ID: 3b6c92

>>138583 makes a good point. Do you feel comfortable sleeping outside in a random clearing somewhere with no one to stand guard?
>>
No. 138587 ID: bd36a1
File 12671250783.png - (226.57KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
138587

>>138584
I can make myself pretty well hidden, either up in a tree, or by digging a hole to sleep in. But I can also probably keep going.
>>
No. 138588 ID: 8f1880

>>138587

Keep going.
>>
No. 138589 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138587
This thing knocks down trees and is probably a mean digger as well. I think getting more distance and most of all more bodies between yourself and whatever it is, is quite important.

That and you need to notify command about it, so far you're the only one that knows about it. This thing cold be something that will effect strategy and tactics in the future. So push on through the night.
>>
No. 138591 ID: bd36a1
File 126712757392.png - (224.75KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
138591

Alright, I'll push on through the night.

I arrive at the spot my map says should be the scout camp. I'm exhausted and need a nap, but I made it here safely, and relatively quickly I think.

"Halt! Who goes there?"
>>
No. 138592 ID: 8f1880

>>138591

Identify yourself.
>>
No. 138593 ID: d8aa80

Keep going.
>>
No. 138595 ID: cfad4e

Answer truthfully. Introduce yourself and explain the situation.
>>
No. 138598 ID: bd36a1
File 126712926894.png - (226.83KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
138598

>>138592
>>138595
"I am Roqan'Kotaj, I was positioned at the scout came to the west of here. My partner went missing and I discovered his remains in a clearing down stream from our camp."

I produce the skull form under my cloak.

"What do you want us to do about it?"

hmm... this one seems kind of rude...
>>
No. 138601 ID: a85626

>>138598

"Nothing. As you were!" then take a nap.

Alternatively,

"I thought some of you might be interested in what killed a Vedur silently and quickly, stripped, and scattered his bones before the night had passed."

...

"I need help in exchange for sexual favors!"
>>
No. 138606 ID: 34bfdb

Yeah.. informing him as to -how- he was killed would be good. Full story, if he has any questions about it answer them as honestly as you can. But.. lets skip that sexual favors bit, keep it professional!

Making note that you're in much need of a safe place to rest.
>>
No. 138607 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138606
I second skipping sexual favours. Other than that it's good.
>>
No. 138613 ID: bd36a1
File 126713331340.png - (192.42KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
138613

>>138601
>"I need help in exchange for sexual favors!"
You've GOT to be kidding. Most women tend to be AGAINST the idea of being split in half by a Vedur.

"I thought some of you might be interested in what killed a Vedur silently and quickly, stripped, and scattered his bones before the night had passed."

Another Xyphor emerges from the cave.

"Damnit Goz, what did I tell you about your damned attitude."

"To never change?"

"... no. What can we do for you? You look tired. Why not have a seat by the fire and we'll talk about what you found."
>>
No. 138616 ID: 3416ec

Sweet deal. Let's go take a load off by the fire.
>>
No. 138617 ID: 81e500

>>138613
"That sounds good, thanks."
>>
No. 138618 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138613
Have a seat by the fire. Unwind some and tell them the full story.

Also ask them if they have encountered anything odd recently or recognize the second skull you have with you.
>>
No. 138629 ID: bd36a1
File 126713548898.png - (193.59KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
138629

"That sounds good, thanks."

Oh man, it feels good to sit down next to a nice warm fire... I tell them about all the things I had found.

>>138618
I didn't bring the other skull with me, I didn't have a good means to carry it with me.

I show the Xyphor the Volqel's skull. She turns it over in her hands and runs her claws along it.

"I've seen these kind of bit marks before."
>>
No. 138631 ID: f98e0b

What kind of beastie are we dealing with, then?
>>
No. 138633 ID: bd36a1
File 126713687858.png - (234.18KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
138633

>>138631
"So what kind of beast are we dealing with here?"

"We haven't actually seen what made them, but we've found corpses in various locations out in the woods near here that had similar bite marks and missing body parts. We never went to search further because someone always needed to stay at our post and we didn't feel safe tracking something that could do THIS by ourselves."
>>
No. 138634 ID: 15f6d6

You should at least describe the other skull to her. Honestly I thought it was the more important one.
>>
No. 138635 ID: f98e0b

Why not join them in tracking the thing to get revenge.
>>
No. 138640 ID: bd36a1
File 126713833567.png - (80.63KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
138640

>>138634
I do my best to describe the other skull I found, and try to scrawl as accurate a representation as possible in the dirt.

"Hmm... I haven't seen any sort of animal with a skull like that before... it looks like it's set up like a Hugavid's, no snout, but it's way to long and lumpy... Maybe one of the beast-kin? If you'd like, one of us could take you to where we found the corpses and you could check some things out for yourself."
>>
No. 138643 ID: 15f6d6

That sounds like a p. good plan. Even though the huge one is a dick, he might be a better choice. Whatever killed your buddy sure did kill the everliving fuck out of him.
>>
No. 138647 ID: 8d7dd2

I dunno, it also seems like we'd get less help out of the big one due to his stubbornness. Either way, can we get more detail on their skills?
>>
No. 138648 ID: bd36a1
File 126713904130.png - (228.15KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
138648

"I'm sorry, we forgot to introduce ourselves. My name is Chord'valtuk, and this is Gozan'falkud. Now, which of us would you like to accompany you?"
>>
No. 138649 ID: f98e0b

Take the lady.
We don't want to make a ton of noise and attract the thing early.
>>
No. 138650 ID: bd36a1
File 126713922233.png - (229.74KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
138650

>>138647
"We're both pretty skilled trackers. I'm a ranger, and pretty good at sneaking and shooting, despite my handcap. And Goz here pretty stubborn, but he's a hellbeast of a Vedur in combat. Can't sneak worth a damn though."
>>
No. 138651 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138648
Take Chord. Whatever it is, it has already killed a Vedur and it didn't look like your friend went down quietly. So I doubt fighting it would be a good idea. It's probably safer to avoid it and if that's not possible then run.
>>
No. 138654 ID: 81e500

>>138651
Agreed, sneaky is the way to go.
>>
No. 138657 ID: 15f6d6

Yeah, sneaky lady
>>
No. 138659 ID: a85626

Take Chord. That way when you return to camp only to find Gozan reduced to a mere pile of bones, you can get over your shared loss with lesbian makeup sex.
>>
No. 138693 ID: bd36a1
File 126714421970.png - (348.15KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
138693

I ask Chord to take me to one of the corpses. She tells me to go ahead and leave my things here, instructing Goz to put them in the cave and bury the remains of Volqel for me.

Chord leads me through the woods, we keep low to make ourselves more difficult to spot. We arrive at a torn up looking bush, something was clearly there for some time as the bush is parted.

"Hmm... well this is where one of the corpses was..."
>>
No. 138695 ID: d31d16

>>138650
"Handicap?"

Also, this is looking like a dilemma. If one goes with you, the other is stuck watching their territory alone, while there's a monster out there that isn't afraid to go right up to a Vedur's den and attack them. I allmost suggest the big guy, since the lil' lady should be capable of hiding better if there's trouble.. unless it gets the drop on her.

Also, the Vedur could carry you while you get some Much Needed Sleep.
>>
No. 138696 ID: 632862

>>138693
Well, follow the blood I guess.
>>
No. 138698 ID: c0f3bf

Look in the bushes around the blood trail.
>>
No. 138703 ID: d31d16

>>138693
Another knocked-over tree. maybe there's bones near it.
>>
No. 138706 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138693
That blood still looks pretty fresh. So either this thing needs alot of meat or there are several of them running around.

Also this time it took the entire body with it. Which might indicate that it wasn't immediatly hungry but took the body either for future snacking or for someone else.

This stuff is starting to get really strange now. I think it might be time to try and track it down to get some eyewitness reports and then take these findings higher up in the chain of command.

Ask Chord if she can track whatever did this so you can follow it and maybe see what it is so you have something a bit more substantial to report.
>>
No. 138713 ID: bd36a1
File 126714667619.png - (360.78KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
138713

>>138698
Chord inspects the bush.

>>138703
I check the tree. There's no bones by this one. Just a few impact marks. Something hit this tree a few times before it fell over I think.

"There was part of a Tracker corpse here. But it's clearly been dragged off deeper into the woods."

"You can track it right?"

"Anyone could probably follow this blood trail. But there's no real guarantee that this trail was left by the same thing. All these foot prints around the bush are a jumble and I can't make heads or tails out of them."
>>
No. 138717 ID: 3416ec

>>138713

Scout out where the blood trail leads.
>>
No. 138722 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138713
Start tracking then. Whatever this is it could be quite a threat. I think you need more than skulls with strange bitemarks on them to convince your superiors to act against it.

So getting more information about it and then getting that information to the proper people should be priority number 1 right now.
>>
No. 138728 ID: 15f6d6

Follow the blood trail.
>>
No. 138742 ID: bd36a1
File 126715024532.png - (355.67KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
138742

We follow the blood trail. Along the way, I ask Chord what she meant by "handycap" earlier. She taps the eyepatch on her right eye.

"Doesn't make shooting any easier when I aim with my right arm."

I hear something ahead and we quickly drop to the ground and slowly crawl toward the noise. I reach up and slowly part the bushes peeking out.

*Sksssssssss*
>>
No. 138743 ID: 8ecfd4

>>138742
Is that something new or something you recognise?

Also, do the teeths on that thing look like they could match the teethmarks on the skulls?
>>
No. 138744 ID: 15f6d6

I think this is a different monster than what skinned your bro. Prolly need to back away real slow-like
>>
No. 138745 ID: 3416ec

Back.

Away.

Slowly.
>>
No. 138762 ID: 6faa8c

>>138742
inb4 lolscaleandperspective
>>
No. 138839 ID: 632862

>>138742
Better bring up your guard.
>>
No. 138842 ID: d31d16

Holy Crap.

Who's That Pokemon(tm) ?
>>
No. 138943 ID: 00b11b

>>138742
Close the bushes again. Then go home, and never speak of this again.
>>
No. 138946 ID: 79fd87

>>138943

Cowardice! Our hero's courage knows no bounds. Now is not the time to attack, however. We should consult with Chord and plan a course of action. If this is the thing that got your partner, then it should face judgment, but since you can't match it in brawn, you'll have to find another way to take it down.
>>
No. 140164 ID: bd36a1
File 126738838834.png - (400.98KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
140164

I slowly let the bushes close back with a faint rustle. I've never seen one in person before, but I THINK this might be a dragon... or possibly a pseudo-dragon... It doesn't seem to react, it's just kind of standing there, swaying its neck.

>>138743
I can't really accurately judge the teeth without a closer look or one of the skulls to compare to.
>>
No. 140165 ID: c0f3bf

Can dragons smell you? Think you ought to start running now, or wait and see if it walks away?
>>
No. 140166 ID: 11df9c

Sneak around behind it.
Find a weakpoint.
Assrape.
>>
No. 140167 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140164
I take it that dragons and pseudo dragons are not that common. Try to sneak away from it.

Then ask Chord if she thinks this is the thing that has been attacking people. If she says yes then go back and report it to someone higher up in the command chain, if she says no then keep trying to find it.
>>
No. 140180 ID: bd36a1
File 126739164563.png - (406.34KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
140180

>>140165
A dragon would undoubtedly be able to sense my presence... unless something was wrong with it.

>>140166
I can probably sneak around it and find a place behind it to...

wait what?
>>
No. 140181 ID: 11df9c

>>140180
Oh, nevermind.
It's already getting assraped.
Well, stealth-kill the rapist, and take his place.
Pegging time.
>>
No. 140182 ID: 6faa8c

>>140181
No, you idiot.

It's using a fake head to scare you.
>>
No. 140183 ID: 310bf3

>>140180
clever girl... False head was false.
>>
No. 140187 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140180
Ok, so it's a giant bug with a fale dragon head as a tail. That's fucking odd. And it's gnawing on somethings thigh bone. I wonder if that could be the thing that has been killing stuff? Well it's probably best to get away from it before it sees you.
>>
No. 140196 ID: 11df9c

>>140182
So it is.
I concede my mistake, and recommend killing it.
No sense in letting it hurt more people.
>>
No. 140198 ID: bd36a1
File 126739399839.png - (321.70KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
140198

>>140187
I skulk away, back to Chord. I tell her what was at the end of the blood trail.

"That has to have been a Pseudo-dragon. Makes sense, they're scavengers. It couldn't be one of those that killed your partner. They usually chose to poison predators and flee rather than fight, and tend to eat carrion. I found a few foot prints though, they look like someone tried to cover their trail. They lead off in that direction." She motions into the woods. "I'd accompany you to their destination, but I need to check back with Goz to make sure he's ok. Feel free to come back to our post any time you need to ask something. I'm pretty well versed in the local monsters."

The direction she pointed in, if I'm not mistaken leads back to the Monster-kin camp.
>>
No. 140200 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140198
Go back with her to her camp and rest some. Once you're rested up take her with you again and then follow the trail. You really should be more than one person checking it out.
>>
No. 140202 ID: c0f3bf

>>140200
Would take too long... Just head off towards the camp, be sure to keep low.
>>
No. 140221 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140202
It's not really like we have a time limit here.

And our dear lady hasn't had time for sleep for some time now. Going alone into unknown potentially hostile territory without sleep or back up when there is no need to do so would be unwise.
>>
No. 140227 ID: bd36a1
File 126739759128.png - (207.60KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
140227

Chord is willing to let me take a rest at their camp and head out in the morning.

"Goz! Hey Goz, where are you?"

there's no response
>>
No. 140229 ID: c0f3bf

Crap. Tell her you'll look around the area while she checks inside.
>>
No. 140230 ID: 11df9c

>>140229
No, don't split up. Stay as a group.
Scan the perimeter for any outgoing tracks, if nothing turns up, look inside.
>>
No. 140233 ID: 632862

>>140227
Stay together, search for signs of a disturbance.
>>
No. 140239 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140227
Stay together. It doesn't look like there are any signs of struggle outside the cave or even tracks leading away from it. So check the inside of it cautiously.
>>
No. 140242 ID: bd36a1
File 126739900761.png - (209.44KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
140242

We silently nod at each other and start to slowly move toward the cave.

"WHAT!" Goz yells poking his head from the cave further down the mountain side.

"Zurka, damnit Goz, get over here! Roqan is staying here for the night and heading out to track the thing that's been killing things around here in the morning. She'd like one of us to come with her again, so be ready to watch our post, or go for a walk."

We set up in the cave, I'm given a bedroll to sleep on. Who should I ask to accompany me to the Monster-kin camp tomorrow?
>>
No. 140243 ID: 8ecfd4

>>140242
Depends on what kind of visit you have planend. If it's recon then Chord would be the best choice. If you intend to meet with them and ask them about whatever is eating people in the forest then Goz would be the best choice.
>>
No. 140250 ID: 11df9c

>>140242
Chord, tracking and stealth are more useful.
Best to avoid combat all together, if possible.
Since whatever you're looking for tried to hide it's tracks, we can assume that it's at least reasonably intelligent.
>>
No. 140258 ID: bf1e7e

>>140242

Fuck chord.
>>
No. 140260 ID: 11df9c

>>140258
No, save that for later.
We barely know her right now, if we rush into things she won't want seconds.
>>
No. 140272 ID: b76d8c

Let's bring Goz, we may need the muscle
>>
No. 140311 ID: d31d16

>>140242
try working with Goz this time. You may be up against whatever the horrid thing is very soon.
>>
No. 144347 ID: bd36a1
File 126815896932.png - (235.84KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
144347

The morning has come and I request for Goz to accompany me this time. He snorts and reluctantly gathers a few of his essentials for the long walk.

It takes us a little over a day to trek back to the Monster-kin camp. Goz has been following the scent of the path Chord pointed out earlier. Other than that trail, we haven't seen any other new signs of what ever it is we're following. We arrive at the gate of the Monster-kin camp.
>>
No. 144351 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144347
Looks like whatever it was got there first.

Looks like there is something stuck on one of the logs and a figure huddled against one of the houses in the distance. Examine log first and then figure.
>>
No. 144356 ID: bd36a1
File 126816073686.png - (238.98KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
144356

>>144351
This looks like it used to be a gate. There are impact marks on some of these logs like the ones I saw on that downed tree.

"Somebody sure did a number on this dump."
>>
No. 144358 ID: 717301

Any survivors?
>>
No. 144359 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144356
Ok now check out that house that looked like it had a figure slumped against it or something. Also ask Goz if he can smell anything, whatever did this might still be in the area.
>>
No. 144365 ID: bd36a1
File 126816297313.png - (197.54KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
144365

>>144358
The camp is eerily quiet. Like a ghost town.

>>144359
"Goz, do you smell anything?

"Blood. Lingering traces of Behemoth, probably the beast-kin. And the scent of what we've been tracking."

We approach the object huddled behind the building. It looks like one of the hugavid's constructs.
>>
No. 144368 ID: 717301

Is the robot alive?
>>
No. 144371 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144365
Does it have any memory crystals or something you can take?
>>
No. 144376 ID: cfad4e

Very cautiously examine the bot. Have a weapon drawn, assuming your weapons can hurt it.
>>
No. 144377 ID: bd36a1
File 126816460775.gif - (117.60KB , 800x600 , 36.gif )
144377

>>144368
I'd be lying if I said I was really familiar with the way these things worked. I don't THINK these things ever actually "live". I've only seen them stomping around the woods on patrol. But this one doesn't seem to be active now.

>>144371
I guess I can rummage around a bit and check.
>>
No. 144378 ID: cfad4e

It's active. Get away from it.
>>
No. 144380 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144377
Move back and see if it gets up. If not then poke it with your 10 foot pole. If you don't have one then find one.
>>
No. 144381 ID: 42500c

Eye lighting up. Get away from that thing!
>>
No. 144382 ID: bd36a1
File 126816581090.png - (203.31KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
144382

It's arm starts to move and I quickly jump back, flipping my blades into the ready position. It raises it's arm in front of it and begins yelling something in the hugavid language. I can't make out much of it all I can really understand is "Daragon" which is their word for us, and "don't hurt."
>>
No. 144385 ID: cfad4e

Say "I won't hurt you," but feel kind of silly saying it, since it's a gigantic robot covered in armor plates.

Introduce yourself. Maybe it'll switch to your language.
>>
No. 144386 ID: 11df9c

>>144382
Put the Katars away and repeat what it said, then say "I won't hurt you."
>>
No. 144387 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144382
Move back further and ask it what happened here.
>>
No. 144392 ID: bd36a1
File 126816706621.png - (203.43KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
144392

I flip my blades back and motion to Goz to stand down and try to look less threatening. He shrugs and does what he can.

"I don't want to hurt you"

It just keeps saying the same thing.

I try my best at copying it's language

"No... want... go... hurt... you... yes?"
guh, their language is stupid.

It stops waving it's arm and looks back and forth between me and Goz.

If I want to ask it something like what happened here, I'm probably going to need to come up with a way to ask it without words... I don't know much of the hugavid language and it doesn't seem to know mine...
>>
No. 144393 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144392
Get a stick and draw on the ground.
>>
No. 144404 ID: bd36a1
File 126816934761.png - (204.10KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
144404

>>144393
My claw will probably work well enough for scrawling in the dirt.
>>
No. 144405 ID: bd36a1
File 12681693748.png - (27.74KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
144405

Ok... now what should I draw to get my questions across?
>>
No. 144406 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144405
Draw the fort undestroyed, then draw it destroyed. Tap on the ground between the two and look at it questiongly.
>>
No. 144409 ID: 3416ec

>>144406

That's a good idea. Do this.
>>
No. 144410 ID: d31d16

>>144393
it's on its back, faceup.
Does Goz know the language? He may not have said anything because he didn't think to.
>>
No. 144419 ID: bd36a1
File 126817209871.png - (210.47KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
144419

>>144406
I do my best at representing the camp as it was, and as it is now, then tap my claw between the two pictures. I don't think it can see my drawing.

"Goz, do you know any hugavid?"

"I know how they say 'AAAAAH' and 'It hurts' does that help? If the construct can't see what you're doing, why don't we just rip its puppeteer out?"
>>
No. 144422 ID: 3b6c92

>>144419
Well that tells us something about Goz we didn't necessarily need to know.

... "Puppeteer." So, like, is there a dude inside the robot thing? Is that how that works?

Could you guys get him out without mangling him?
>>
No. 144424 ID: 601a90

yeah, find the eject button or something.
>>
No. 144431 ID: 288dda

Or... just get Goz to prop it up so it can look at our drawing.
>>
No. 144436 ID: bd36a1
File 126817546197.png - (243.02KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
144436

"Do you know how to get into one of these things?"

"well, I know one way."

"Without maiming him."

"pfft, yeah, I'll be reeeeeal gentle like."
>>
No. 144437 ID: bd36a1
File 126817550864.png - (246.23KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
144437

A yelp emits from the construct and a pair of arms poke out of it's chest.
>>
No. 144438 ID: cfad4e

...is that how it works? Looks kind of illusory.

Ask about it.
>>
No. 144447 ID: 15f6d6

Show tiny baby man the picture.
>>
No. 144475 ID: 11df9c

>>144447
Grab the hands, pull. Tell Goz to back off, first, of course.
>>
No. 144484 ID: bd36a1
File 126818234816.png - (235.82KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
144484

A hugavid crawls out of the chest. I tell Goz to stand down and drag him over to the drawing. I tap the undestroyed picture first, then the destroyed one. He seems jumpy, understandable, what with us being enemies and all. He begins frantically spouting more gibberish in his stupid language.
>>
No. 144486 ID: 15f6d6

Point to the sand, emphatically. Grab his tiny, human hand and put it to the sand. He needs to understand that he's got to draw to communicate with you.
>>
No. 144487 ID: cfad4e

>He seems jumpy, understandable, what with us being enemies and all.
Oh, well that changes everything.

Kill him.
>>
No. 144489 ID: 3b6c92

>>144484
Do you know how to say "slower?" Or something close to it?

Preferably coupled with your best expression of exasperation.
>>
No. 144490 ID: 3b6c92

>>144487
Hey now, he did surrender.

... We can at least try to ask him questions first.
>>
No. 144492 ID: 3416ec

>>He begins frantically spouting more gibberish in his stupid language.

Your language is stupid. And gibberish.

Ask him to slooooow down.
>>
No. 144498 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144486
Sounds like a good idea. And ask Goz to give him some more space. Goz is a rather intimidating fellow.

By the way the information that whatever it is attacked them as well as you is good in some ways, then it's atleast not a new weapon of theirs.
>>
No. 144503 ID: bd36a1
File 126818416369.png - (262.08KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
144503

>>
No. 144504 ID: bd36a1
File 126818422826.png - (61.40KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
144504

He scrawls in the dirt with his stubby little finger, muttering to himself. When he's done he points to the drawing and begins spouting his nonsense again.
>>
No. 144506 ID: f21281

>>144504
Hmm.

Looks like a Goblin.

But could be a poorly drawn Ork.
>>
No. 144510 ID: 3b6c92

>>144504
Hrm, looks kinda like >>137982.

Which you said you didn't recognize. Not really a lead we didn't already have.

Well, wait. If those things are what was responsible for the other attack, then why was one of one of their skulls covered in bite marks...? Hrm.

I don't think we can get an answer to that from our skittish friend here, though.
>>
No. 144511 ID: 601a90

>>144510
i think it means they eat the dead, even their own.
>>
No. 144513 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144504
Looks like a goblin or maybe a troll. A goblin wouldn't really be able to cause that kind of damage, but a troll might.

Anyway, bring along your skittish past enemy possibly new friend. Take him as a prisoner of war and bring him back to the cave. Now you probably have enough proof to take this higher up in the chain of command and they probably have some translators that can get a better story out of your new prisoner.
>>
No. 144518 ID: 3416ec

I'd allow him back into his construct. It might make him less jittery. And he could help us out while in it.
>>
No. 144539 ID: bd36a1
File 12681890205.png - (184.92KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
144539

His construct's leg looks badly damaged, caved in by multiple impacts. I doubt this thing will be going anywhere any time soon. I take some rope from my pack and tie it around his wrists. We start our trek back to Chord and Goz's camp. Night falls and the hugavid starts dragging his feet and making noises that I can only assume are complaining. We opt to make a 'camp' for the night. Goz digs a hole and lays a large dirt camouflaged sheet over himself, I retreat up to a tree, keeping the hugavid's rope.

In the middle of the night, Goz rouses me awake.

"Roqan, psst, Roqan! Come down here."
>>
No. 144540 ID: f21281

>>144539
In before ra-I mean sweet tender lovins.
>>
No. 144543 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144539
Stealthily sneak down and ask him what's up.
>>
No. 144546 ID: 3b6c92

>>144539
Arright, go on down.
>>
No. 144547 ID: 15f6d6

Shneak on down. Check to see if the tiny man is awake before you talk. Even if he can't understand you, it still might be relevant.
>>
No. 144569 ID: bd36a1
File 126819077634.png - (189.12KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
144569

"What is it?" I whisper back as I climb down. The hugavid's arms knock him awake as the rope gains slack.

"It's coming! I can smell it! Same as before. Get under here."
>>
No. 144571 ID: 67eb8f

>>144569
tie the rope around the tree and get under.
>>
No. 144575 ID: 3416ec

>>144569
Take the human and hide under that there tarp.
>>
No. 144576 ID: 15f6d6

Bring babyman under the sheet with you. He still knows important stuff, even if you can't get it out of him just yet.
>>
No. 144590 ID: bd36a1
File 126819233210.png - (188.35KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
144590

The hugavid seems to be confused, and is yapping way to much, I tug on his rope and drag him under the sheet, cupping my claw over his mouth.
>>
No. 144593 ID: bd36a1
File 126819237062.png - (183.14KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
144593

*shff shff*

I hear something shuffling around in the bushes now too.
>>
No. 144594 ID: bd36a1
File 126819240377.png - (187.61KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
144594

*SHFF SHFF*
>>
No. 144595 ID: bd36a1
File 126819245247.png - (186.00KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
144595

*SHFF SHFF*

"Hrrrrrnnnnnnn"

I can hear something sniffing around out there...

>pausing for the night<
>>
No. 144597 ID: 632862

Holy shit there's a whole group of the fuckers. STAY IN THE HOLE.
>>
No. 144601 ID: 42500c

Aw hell, do we have Slender Men on the prowl?
>>
No. 144607 ID: c0f3bf
File 126819316790.png - (139.05KB , 235x321 , blanky.png )
144607

Stay under the sheet!
>>
No. 144700 ID: f21281

>>144595
Watch out that he doesn't squeeze your ass.
>>
No. 144850 ID: 655d51

>>144595
THAT THING IS TOO FUCKING TALL AND THIN, STAY DOWN
>>
No. 144963 ID: 8ecfd4

>>144595
Looks like it's trolls. Stay in the hole, keep quiet and if you have something with you to mask your scent then I suggest you use it now.
>>
No. 145039 ID: 5a2e05

Stay down, do not feed them!
>>
No. 145086 ID: f52552
File 126826368756.png - (256.24KB , 600x646 , shff_shff.png )
145086

>>144595
Oh god oh fuck oh god
We're all screwed
>>
No. 145103 ID: 3416ec

>>145086

It's the Bag Man, man!
>>
No. 159705 ID: 95ab41
File 127043008481.png - (99.48KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
159705

*fwump*

Zurka! One of them's REAL close!
>>
No. 159708 ID: 1ac39d

stay down and quiet. you may be able to take this one down with surprise but his buds will be on you like flys on shit.
>>
No. 159710 ID: 3b6c92

>>159705
Just... stay down and stay quiet.

Probably pretty obvious, but I don't know what else to tell you.
>>
No. 159711 ID: f0ceda

RESIST THE URGE TO SNIFF THE FOOT.

Goddamn Roqan you and your damn foot fetish why would you ever sniff the foot don't even think about doing that when you're supposed to be hiding I mean that shit probably stinks like a motherfucker!
>>
No. 159728 ID: 95ab41
File 127043166690.png - (181.87KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
159728

>>159711
I... w-what? I'm not- or at least I WASN'T thinking about that! Thanks a lot, damnit.

We stay under the sheet and as still as possible. I think it might be clear now.
>>
No. 159730 ID: 9a1fa4

...Hey how many races do you know have 5 toes?
>>
No. 159731 ID: 3b6c92

>>159728
Well if Goz can't smell them any more then you should be good to get out from under there.

... I guess.
>>
No. 159739 ID: f0ceda

>>159728
Get back out into the open and stretch languidly for the camera.
>>
No. 159744 ID: 344ef9

>>159728
There's something different in the background. Be wary.
>>
No. 159779 ID: f0ceda

Get on Goz's shoulders and use the dirt-rug-thing to become the world's most tallest ghost and scare away the other ghosts.
>>
No. 159780 ID: 3b6c92

>>159779
haha yesss
>>
No. 159875 ID: 5024b4

>>159728
Stay hid for the night.
Unless Goz rolls over in his sleep or something dangerous like that..
>>
No. 159908 ID: c2c011

>>159728
Wait out the night. Get back to Goz partner in the morning and then set out for a command post or something further back. Some place where you can properly interogate the hugavid and find out what he knows.
>>
No. 159922 ID: 15f6d6

There is no reason to move. You should probably just wait until morning
>>
No. 165803 ID: d6cb21

Definetly a troll. Seeing as how you dont have any fire handy, stay hidden.
>>
No. 174320 ID: 95ab41
File 12732011149.jpg - (57.33KB , 800x600 , 55.jpg )
174320

>>159730
The only races I know of with feet like that are Hugavid, Half Bloods, some Monster-kin, and the squat hugavids in the desert. I've never seen one of those get as big as that foot would suggest, and I can't think of any monsters off the top of my head with feet like that.

>>159731
We wait until daylight and Goz gives the all clear so we climb out of the hole and continue on our way.

We arrive back at the Goz and Chord's camp.
>>
No. 174322 ID: f21281

>>174320
Brace for dead Chord.
>>
No. 174325 ID: a594b9

Probably not dead. There's no blood. No sign of struggle.
>>
No. 174335 ID: e973f4

>>174325
...

Brace for no Chord? :(
>>
No. 174342 ID: 95ab41
File 127320199938.jpg - (57.37KB , 800x600 , 56.jpg )
174342

I brace myself, for some reason, and Goz calls out.

"Hey Chord! We got ourselves a sna- I mean pet for ya!"

There is no reply.
>>
No. 174343 ID: f0ceda

Go inside and check.
>>
No. 174344 ID: a594b9

>>174342
Go in and find her.
>>
No. 174345 ID: e973f4

>>174342
Aw, I hate it when I'm right.

I hope I'm not right.

Go in and check, I guess.
>>
No. 174381 ID: 95ab41
File 127320419348.jpg - (56.56KB , 800x600 , 58.jpg )
174381

Goz hurries into the cave. Chord's name echoes off the walls of the small cave domicile. I have a very bad feeling about this...

Goz emerges again, a snarl across his lips.
"Damnit! She's not here! I swear to Zekan, Xyphor, if those things got her because YOU dragged me off to dick around with that hugavid, I'll tear you in two!"

He seems mad...
>>
No. 174382 ID: a594b9

>>174381
There's another cave back there. Maybe she's just using the bathroom or something?
>>
No. 174384 ID: f0ceda

>>174381
Tell him to calm down, Chord is around here somewhere no doubt. Ask him if they have a meetup spot set up in case the two of them get seperated.
>>
No. 174385 ID: a594b9

Oh wait. There's some disturbance in the dirt by the fire. Can you figure it out?
>>
No. 174414 ID: 95ab41
File 127320603252.jpg - (55.48KB , 800x600 , 59.jpg )
174414

>>174385
"Calm down Goz. Don't jump to any conclusions."

I inspect the disturbance in the dirt. It looks likes something was tromping around the fire here. Doesn't look like an actual struggle, just like multiple things were dragging their feet around. I check the other cave, Chord and Goz's storage, as well. It looks to have been ransacked, only a bit of their food and supplies remain.
>>
No. 174415 ID: 8bb533

can we track her?
>>
No. 174418 ID: a594b9

>>174414
Sounds like the camp got discovered and she ran and hid. Ask Goz where she might've gone.
>>
No. 174441 ID: c587a4

>>174418
Or she was taken with such ease that a struggle would not be evident.
>>
No. 174444 ID: 95ab41
File 127320847846.gif - (1.78MB , 800x600 , 60.gif )
174444

I manage to get Goz calmed down enough to sit down and stop snarling at me. I'm not a very good tracker myself... but Goz could probably follow Chord's scent with that nose of his. Should we attempt to track Chord, or what ever left these foot prints? Or return to the capital to report our findings regarding the monsters?

>mildly animooted<
>>
No. 174490 ID: a85626

>>174444

Track Chord. You might lose track of the footprints, and you might take longer to reach the capital, but Chord's life could be in danger. You don't want to risk losing a friend, even if it means losing the trail of some opportunistic pack thieves. Plus you'll lose major points with Goz if you put Chord at a second priority.
>>
No. 174491 ID: 0b2a05

Definitely Chord.
>>
No. 174493 ID: f0ceda

>>174444
Chord. Definitely go after Chord.

We've had a very successful record of not killing one-eyed lizard women so far, let's keep it that way.
>>
No. 174515 ID: 0fc814

Priority on chord, if you can actually get a scent.
>>
No. 191860 ID: 10c20a
File 127627259724.jpg - (40.94KB , 800x600 , 1.jpg )
191860

Riarda Legends: Chapter 2

A hat drifts eerily across the murky surface of a bog.
>>
No. 191862 ID: 10c20a
File 127627274459.jpg - (41.57KB , 800x600 , 2.jpg )
191862

"Huttah! Yet another GREAT day to be ALIVE, and to spread my story, here in the bog!"

A figure emerges from the muck.
>>
No. 191863 ID: a594b9

>>191862
Glorious.

Investigate that shadow to the right!
>>
No. 191864 ID: e2020c

Clean the mud out of your clothes!
>>
No. 191865 ID: 8bdb6a

Nice hat.

So what's the story? What's this area like?
>>
No. 191880 ID: 1ac39d

mentally remind yourself of your story.
>>
No. 191886 ID: 10c20a
File 12762782901.jpg - (41.33KB , 800x600 , 3.jpg )
191886

>>191864
Yeah, humans wear dry cloths... dry cloths... gotta remember that.

>>191865
Why thank you? It is a nice hat, isn't it?

>So what's the story?
What? Hmmm... shit... I guess I should probably get a story to tell, shouldn't I? Truth be told, you can count the number of note worthy Slimes in history on one pseudopod.

>What's this area like?
This is the Dengen Bog. It's nestled in a valley near the Ceretar mountains and supplied by the run off. The great Ceretar Woods is just about an hour away. I believe there's a city of some sort nearby as well.
>>
No. 191887 ID: 10c20a
File 127627835345.jpg - (46.43KB , 800x600 , 4.jpg )
191887

>>191863
That "shadow" is a small sink hole in the ground. I use it to stash a few items I don't want others to know about, primarily, my TRUSTY HARMONICA!
>>
No. 191888 ID: f619d6

Politely introduce yourself to Pimp Daddy Slime.
>>
No. 191889 ID: f619d6

>>191888

Nevermind. Play yourself a haunting melody on that harmonica while mentally reviewing the situation.
>>
No. 191890 ID: 8bdb6a

>The great Ceretar Woods is just about an hour away. I believe there's a city of some sort nearby as well.
Sounds like a plan! Let's get traveling.
Any supplies you'll need? Or business you need to take care of?
>>
No. 191892 ID: 0003ac

>>191887
You appear to lack a mouth or lungs. I would be interested in knowing how you operate the harmonica.
>>
No. 191895 ID: 8e18cd

You must have an ADVENTURE so that you can make a story worth singing about. Either that, or find some heroic personage already engaged in ADVENTURE so you can sing about them.

Such people/things are probably to be found in towns, so I'd say thataway.
>>
No. 191903 ID: 10c20a
File 127627995727.jpg - (41.41KB , 800x600 , 5.jpg )
191903

>>191889
>Play yourself a haunting melody on that harmonica

Can do

>>191892
>You appear to lack a mouth or lungs. I would be interested in knowing how you operate the harmonica.

It's something I've taught myself. If I place the TRUSTY HARMONICA up to my body, I usually like to place it up here, as it tends to weird out the humans less, I can then create bubbles of air in my body and force them out where the harmonica contacts my surface. I don't even really need to move it.

>>191890
>>191895
>Any supplies you'll need? Or business you need to take care of?

Adventure awaits! I shall be off toot sweet! I have everything I believe I need in my duffel, also hidden within my sink hole stash. A few bits of ROTTING MEAT, a skin or two of BOG WATER to keep me saturated, a MAP, and a few BITS OF CURRENCY scrounged from the bog floor.

I shall make my way toward the nearest town.
>>
No. 191904 ID: 620bfb

Son, you gotta go to the crossroads. Quest for a devil at the crossroads, and sell your soul for the blues. That is your mission.
>>
No. 191905 ID: 8e18cd

>>191904
Correct assessment, post in support.
>>
No. 191915 ID: 10c20a
File 127628201137.jpg - (54.26KB , 800x600 , 6.jpg )
191915

>>191904
Crossroads, Devil, Soul, got it. Now I just gotta find the crossroads I guess, then get a Summoner to patch me through to Mephisto, then figure out how to- Wait, I believe I hear something on the other side of this foliage... sounds like... singing?
>>
No. 191916 ID: 1ac39d

oh another member for your band already? it is your lucky day.
>>
No. 191917 ID: 8e18cd

Freaking burst in on the scene and strike a heroic pose. No sneaky shit, let's get real.
>>
No. 191918 ID: a594b9

>>191915
poke an eyeball through the foliage and see who it is.
>>
No. 191920 ID: f619d6

Take a looksee through the brush.
>>
No. 191922 ID: d6cb21

>>191915
Peek through, but try not to be noticed.
>>
No. 191926 ID: 10c20a
File 12762833509.jpg - (52.21KB , 800x600 , 7.jpg )
191926

*BOOSH*
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I burst through the foliage.

"GYAH!"

"WHAT-HO!"
>>
No. 191928 ID: a594b9

>>191926
Let me guess. Bathing maiden, right?

Introduce yourself in a flashy manner, pretending to completely ignore her nudity.
>>
No. 191930 ID: 8e18cd

You need to make her comfortable with your presence.

"Don't worry madam, I have no penis"
>>
No. 191931 ID: 8c0848

>>191930
"But I could if you really wanted me to."
>>
No. 191949 ID: d6cb21

>>191926
I do belive she's naked. And bathing.
......and female.

Really? I mean, honestly?
>>
No. 191950 ID: c4c313

inb4 it's a man
>>
No. 191953 ID: 1ac39d

wait... that hair strip... i think it's one of those things from blood quest, what are they called again?
>>
No. 191977 ID: 10c20a
File 127628999258.jpg - (52.95KB , 800x600 , 8.jpg )
191977

>>191928
>Let me guess. Bathing maiden, right?

Well, it does appear to be a maiden, and she does appear to be without clothing in a lake. I'm not entirely sure if this is odd or not.

>>191930
>"Don't worry madam, I have no penis"
I'm not entirely sure what that is...

"Who the hell are you!?" She asks indignantly.

Crap, that's right, people have names, don't they? Quick, what should I call myself?
>>
No. 191980 ID: 1ac39d

joshua eceart
>>
No. 191981 ID: f3faac

Abbath
just like the famous bard.
>>
No. 191985 ID: 8e18cd

>>191980
This
>>
No. 191994 ID: 10c20a
File 127629092628.jpg - (52.91KB , 800x600 , 9.jpg )
191994

"I travel by the name Joshua Eceart, fair maiden." Females like to be called that right?

"Go away." She says sternly.
>>
No. 191997 ID: 732129

>>191994

"Of course, you want privacy. I'll leave you to your bath. I'll not be too far though, just call out when you are done. I would like to talk."
>>
No. 191999 ID: 8bdb6a

Get out of sight and wait for her to dress.

So, what species is she?
>>
No. 192000 ID: f3faac

>>191994
Play some music.
Beautiful tunes are said to soothe wild beasts and seduce women.
And she appears to be both at the same time.
>>
No. 192007 ID: bf1e7e

>>191999

If I had to guess, I'd say a behemoth girl.

LOL SO META
>>
No. 192017 ID: f58d30

>>191997
This. Be a gentleman, get out of her sight and play some soothing music while we wait.
>>
No. 192031 ID: 10c20a
File 127629363274.jpg - (55.61KB , 800x600 , 10.jpg )
192031

"Of course, m'lady. I understand 'people' prefer to have some 'privacy' whilst they bath. I shant be far off, please, do come to the clearing when you are done. I wish to speak with you."
I don my hat once more and slink back betwixt the bushes.
>>
No. 192034 ID: 10c20a
File 127629367971.jpg - (55.81KB , 800x600 , 11.jpg )
192034

I begin playing my TRUSTY HARMONICA while I wait. Perhaps the sound of my song will help her mood.
>>
No. 192036 ID: 0003ac

>>192034
Danger lurks. Continue playing whilst adjusting y our vision to examine the area. It is best that you do not let on that you are on the alert.
>>
No. 192037 ID: 9cb4b3

>>192031
Hey, you just implied that you weren't a person, therefore further alienating her from you and also furthering the stereotype that your race aren't on the same level as "people."

You should be more careful about that if you want to keep your newly attained equality, my friend.
>>
No. 192039 ID: f3faac

Also spy on her, just to make sure she doesn't harbor any bad intentions towards you obvious.
Can't you grow some kinda extra eye on a stalk or something? Not sure 'bout your freaky slime body.
>>
No. 192043 ID: 9cb4b3

...Get a closer look at her nude figure while you're at it, might as well see if she has scars to hint at a more violent line of work or jewelry to hint at a more luxurious life.
>>
No. 192048 ID: 620bfb

>>192034
There is something lurking. Keep playing but slowly glance at it.
>>
No. 192059 ID: f3faac

>>192036
>>192048
Ha ha, I kinda assumed it's the maiden.
I guess it deserves some extra attention if it isn't.
>>
No. 192060 ID: 1ac39d

>>192059
.... it could be.
>>
No. 192079 ID: 8e18cd

I say we warn the maiden of adventure in the form of some sort of horrid, giant monster that she should probably slay. You'll totally sing about it when she does it. It'll be great.
>>
No. 192260 ID: 10c20a
File 127630937783.jpg - (60.25KB , 800x600 , 12.jpg )
192260

Oh, there she is now.

"What do you want slime? Don't waste my time?"
>>
No. 192262 ID: bf1e7e

>>192260

ask her to show you her tongue
>>
No. 192264 ID: a594b9

>>192260
"ADVENTURE! Specifically, I seek to make a name for myself. Although if you're just asking what I want from you, I was more interested in conversation. What brings you here to this bog?"
>>
No. 192268 ID: 9cb4b3

>>192260
"Did I mention that us slimes make excellent improptu clothing? It's the highest of fashion, you know."

Failing that, let's talk to her about some rumors of the area, maybe bullshit something up about disappearances and finding skulls of victims that have been completely cleaned, and if she knows anything about that.
>>
No. 192283 ID: 1ac39d

"i heard your lovely singing voice and wondered if you wished to form a band"
>>
No. 192306 ID: 620bfb

Oh. Just so you know, that's not what humans normally look like. Say you heard her singing and compliment her on it.
>>
No. 192309 ID: 10c20a
File 127631183470.jpg - (59.20KB , 800x600 , 13.jpg )
192309

"I seek ADVENTURE! Specifically, I seek to make a name for myself. Although if you're just asking what I want from you, I was more interested in conversation. What brings you here to this bog?"

"I was taking a bath. You saw that."

"Know you any rumors pertaining to these lands?"

"No."
>>
No. 192317 ID: 1ac39d

"well then, perhaps you would like to form a band with you as lead singer? you do have a lovely singing voice."
>>
No. 192318 ID: bf1e7e

>>192309

Want a massage?
>>
No. 192319 ID: 0b2a05

Definitely compliment her voice.
>>
No. 192322 ID: 8c0848
File 127631229646.jpg - (11.86KB , 272x208 , gijoe_massage.jpg )
192322

>>192318
"Who wants a body massage?"
>>
No. 192331 ID: 275a5d

Might I get a name, madame?
>>
No. 192332 ID: 701a19

>>192317
"... among other things~"
>>
No. 192341 ID: f58d30

"I heard your singing from afar, madam. I was rather curious to know where that fantastic voice came from"
>>
No. 192343 ID: 9cb4b3

"Need any help with that bath?"

Sneak into the water anyways, it's not like she can hurt you physically, can she?
>>
No. 192347 ID: 10c20a
File 127631443960.jpg - (60.47KB , 800x600 , 14.jpg )
192347

"I apologize for having intruded upon your cleaning ritual, you see, I heard your singing from afar, madam. I was rather curious to know where such a lovely voice came from. Might I get a name?"

"Oh, I see, flattery's your game. Ok, I'll bite. My name's Shyen."

"Perhaps m'lady might be interested in a massage?"

"Hmph... maybe later."
>>
No. 192364 ID: 0b2a05

Ask her to say something about herself, she's clearly an interesting sort.
>>
No. 192370 ID: f58d30

>>192364
Agreed. She doesn't seem to be violent, at least much.
You've already introduced yourself and we only know her name, so...
>>
No. 192391 ID: 10c20a
File 127631681496.jpg - (59.50KB , 800x600 , 15.jpg )
192391

"May I be so bold as to ask m'lady about herself?"

"Be bold. What do you want to know?
>>
No. 192410 ID: ba41e5

>>192391
"Aside your wonderful singing voice, what sort of skills do you have?
>>
No. 192424 ID: a594b9

>>192391
Ask her what her profession is.
>>
No. 192429 ID: 0b2a05

What brings her here, specifically, and not, say, somewhere else?
>>
No. 192430 ID: 732129

>>192391

Ask her what her species is called, and ask if she is a carnivore or an omnivore. Ask if she eats cooked food or raw food, and ask where she lives.
>>
No. 192442 ID: f58d30

>>192391
Aaaaw! look at her face! She likes you already :D
>>
No. 192509 ID: c71597

>>192391
Ask her where she learnt to sing like an angel.
>>
No. 192561 ID: 9cb4b3

>>192410
>>192509
Let's go with these two.
>>
No. 192615 ID: 8e18cd

This lip-flappery and faggoty self-touching must end immediately. Inform her that she is an obviously powerful adventuress and can only benefit from a talented bard such as yourself to keep record of her obviously amazing adventures.
>>
No. 192971 ID: 10c20a
File 127641285834.jpg - (60.84KB , 800x600 , 16.jpg )
192971

>>192429
"What brings you to these parts? I mean, why bath so close to the swamp?"

"My village is near here, just a ways down that-away. This is the closest body of water that won't mess with our drinking water."

>>192424
"Do you provide a specific service to your village?"

"Not really. I just do what ever they need me to do when they need me to do it."

>>192430
"I am... unfamiliar with seeing one of such... stature... as yourself. Might I inquire as to what you might be?"

"That's... a kinda weird question... I'm a Monster-kin, Behemoth breed specifically."

"Ah, of course, and would I be correct in assuming that like Behemoths, you are a carnivore?

"Um... yes? Is there a reason for this line of questioning?"

"Oh, simple curiosity m'lady. I am just not used to talking to such an inspiring adventuress such as yourself. And yet... I could not help but feel as though you were lacking something."

"Lacking something?"

"But of course. Truly an adventuress of your ilk needs a bard to sing and weave tails of your doings!"

"Lemme guess... that'd be you?"

"If the lady will have me."

"Eh, sure, why not? I've met more annoying things in these woods."

Excellent, surely now I'm on my way to adventure! Her village must be the one I was thinking of before. Perhaps I should try to think up a game plan before arriving so I'll know what all I need to do in town.
>>
No. 192980 ID: e31d52

Well... hurm. We need a couple of things.

We need an ADVENTURE: A goal of some sort.
We need a GROUP OF FINE YOUNG PEOPLE: a full adventuring party, so we may take on truly terrible foes.
Lastly, we need a LOVE INTEREST: someone to woo and be wooed by. This fine young lady will do fine for now, but let us keep an eye out, just in case?
>>
No. 192982 ID: e31d52

one more question, Joe: Can you modify the strength of your internal acids? If so, we need to learn what the exact strength is needed for these materials:
Cloth
Leather
Metals
Flesh
Soil
Wood
Rock.

Trust me, this will be invaluable.
>>
No. 192985 ID: 1ac39d

>>192982
well, since we are in clothes testing the ability to melt stuff may melt them, save that for later.
>>
No. 192987 ID: a594b9

>>192971
We should visit the tavern and possibly the village elder to ask about if there are any problems to be solved or mysterious ruins to investigate. That sort of thing.
>>
No. 193007 ID: a594b9

Oh yeah, and introduce ourselves to the town in general. We're new after all.
>>
No. 193131 ID: f58d30

>>192971
You know? If you really want to please her (music wise), you should go to the town tavern and try to find someone who also plays musical instruments. Percussion and strings would be a nice addition to our growing band.
>>
No. 193625 ID: ae26fc

Next step is to locate some derring-do that needs doing. Can't really do that till we know more.
>>
No. 194998 ID: d6cb21

>>192987
I'd say go with this.
>>
No. 195004 ID: 8bdb6a

Ask her what cool shit she's been up to lately, or awhile ago. Or in the foreseeable future.
>>
No. 197174 ID: f58d30

>>192971
>"Eh, sure, why not? I've met more annoying things in these woods."
Wait... she thinks you're annoying? Damn, maybe it'll take a while for her to get used to you...
>>
No. 202692 ID: 10c20a
File 127818509749.jpg - (89.75KB , 800x600 , 17.jpg )
202692

We arrive at the village. The gate keeper seems reluctant to let me in, but Shyen vouches for me and we proceed.

>>192987
The tavern is commonly a gathering place where people discuss daring do's that need doing, right? I put forth that we try there. As Shyen guides me along the way, I decide to ask her of her previous exploits.

"Wel,, I haven't done a whole lot of what you'd call "adventurous." Mostly hunting, scared off some Daragon that were snooping around, that sort of stuff."

We arrive at the tavern. We walk in and take up seats at the bar. The barkeep looks down at me, then back to Shyen.

"Pet's gotta be tied up outside, Shyen, you know that."
>>
No. 202693 ID: 8e18cd

> "Pet's gotta be tied up outside, Shyen, you know that."

Shit's getting kinky, yo.
>>
No. 202695 ID: 0b2a05

"What if she put me on a leash?"

Wait couldn't you just form around it
>>
No. 202701 ID: f8a708

'are you calling me an animal? i may not be from around here but i am an intelligent being.'
>>
No. 202706 ID: 8bdb6a

Confidently introduce yourself and assert your independent status.
>>
No. 202720 ID: f58d30

>>202692
Politely introduce yourself and let him know that you're no pet, but Shyen's newest acquaintance .
>>
No. 202733 ID: 10c20a
File 127819150848.jpg - (88.69KB , 800x600 , 18.jpg )
202733

"I assure, my good drink monger, I am no pet. My name is Joshua Eceart. I am the lovely Shyen's new acquaintance."

"Well whaddaya know. It can talk! Das' a pretty good trick. What is it I kin do fer you an yer 'lovely' acquaintance?"
>>
No. 202737 ID: e31d52

"Nice trick? Haha! My good fellow, let me show you a real razzle dazzle!"

HARMONICA.
>>
No. 202738 ID: f58d30

>>202737
YEAH!! Blow him away with an amazing HARMONICA SOLO!!
That should impress Shyen too!
>>
No. 202739 ID: f8a708

ask if he has heard any rumors in his time as the proprietor of this establishment, you are looking for adventure.
>>
No. 202760 ID: 92f504

Best not to play your harmonica now. It would annoy people to randomly start playing in a bar.
>>
No. 202770 ID: 92f504

He seems to think you as a lesser being, you'll probably get that allot being a slime. Ignore this for now, let your actions and bravery in your quests and day to day life prove that you are to be respected.

Tell him that you have set out on adventure and if he is aware of any rumors, enemies, problems or anything that need dealing with.
>>
No. 202771 ID: 31cbfc

Use a vuvuzela instead.
>>
No. 202786 ID: 10c20a
File 127820434064.jpg - (89.05KB , 800x600 , 19.jpg )
202786

Playing my Harmonica in a crowded bar may not be welcome... these patrons do not seem to be in particularly good moods at this moment...

I ask the barkeep if he knows of any problems or rumors around these parts.

"Oh, yeah, I heard plenty'a stories from da people comin and goin tru here. Most'a it's complete bullshit. All I been hearin' lately's been people bitchin' bout dem Ceretar soldiers dat been botherin' everyone lately."
>>
No. 202789 ID: 0f5309

then solving the ceretar problem sounds like a noble start, you shall use your grand skills at diplomacy and harmonica to convince them to leave.
>>
No. 202791 ID: 0b2a05

Bothering people how, exactly?
>>
No. 202792 ID: 92f504

Find out more about the Ceretar soldiers. Stuff like who they are, what they're doing and where they come from.
>>
No. 202795 ID: 8bdb6a

What's a Ceretar?
>>
No. 202850 ID: 10c20a
File 127821130051.jpg - (89.85KB , 800x600 , 20.jpg )
202850

>>202795
"Um... what exactly is a Ceretar, and how ferocious are we talking about?"

"... Dey're people. Humans. From da kingdom of Ceretar, where we're at. You don't get around much do ya gooball?"

"Not yet, no, but I do aim to rectify that."

"What have they been doing?" Shyen asks.

"Dey've been goin aroun' squakin something about conscriptin' people ta fight in some war dey're havin wit da Daragon. Dey say since we had dat daragon round here dat dis town's 'tactically important' or some nonsense. Dey're pretty hard to miss, one of em's got one o' those, whaddaya call em, Dullahans o' somethin' big ass metal guys, he does most o' the preassurin'. The other two humans should be with him."
>>
No. 202860 ID: 8bdb6a

"So, why not expunge them for trying to boss you around? Are they too dangerous?"
>>
No. 202862 ID: ba41e5

What's a Daragon?
>>
No. 202863 ID: aa4289

'i'm guessing you can't expel them for diplomatic reasons. but as i am not tied down by diplomacy i could try my hand at it."
>>
No. 202916 ID: 10c20a
File 127821933170.jpg - (85.42KB , 800x600 , 21.jpg )
202916

>>202862
"Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'Daragon'?"

"Daragon's what da humans call dem 'little' tan lizard fellas with the purple shells on der backs n' heads, live up in da mountains."

>>202860
"Can you not simply expell the humans from your town? One would think such a task wouldn't be to dangerous for citizens of your stature."

"Aw, naw, it'd be reeeeal easy-like ta take em out, just wait till dey go ta sleep and power down their damn metal man, then chuck em over da fence. Problem with dat bein' dat'd cause one o' dem, whaddaya call it, 'international incidents' or what have you."

"So you cannot expunge them for diplomatic reasons... Well, I am not of your town, and therefor hold no diplomatic tie to you or your fellows here. Perhaps I could persuade the soldiers to vacate of their own accord?"

"You spect dem soldiers ta listen to a SLIME? HAW! That'd be hilarious!" He jabs one of his elbows into the bar. "Tell you what kid. You 'convince' dem soldiers ta leave, and I'll give ya one o' my favorite weapons, just cause I don't see dat happenin' any time in da near future. HAW!"
>>
No. 202917 ID: aa4289

oh ho. that sounds like a perfect first quest, and it net's you a weapon. i can't think of anything better. tell him 'you're on.' and go find the humans.
>>
No. 202918 ID: 0b2a05

Hm, sounds like a challenge! Wonder if Shyen would like to come with?
>>
No. 202919 ID: aa4289

>>202918
can't hurt to ask if she would like to watch us work.
>>
No. 202920 ID: 92f504

>>202919
I don't know. If she comes you might not get the credit for doing it. Plus if we end up having to get rid of them or something they might blame the monster-kin if the find her tracks or something.
It depends on how we want to convince them.
>>
No. 202924 ID: 22730c

>>202916

"I'll take that bet."
>>
No. 202925 ID: aa4289

>>202920
point it.
>>
No. 203026 ID: c2c011

>>202916
Well then lets get cracking. We shall charm them with the beauty of our music and the righteousness of our arguments.
>>
No. 203063 ID: 8bdb6a

Next we need to figure out what the humans would want to make them leave, aside from people actually signing up for their thingy. Maybe we can just try talking all anti-war at them and point out nobody's going to join so they'd be better off trying another place.

If all else fails, we can just annoy them until they go away or try to kill us, which means breaking the peace.
>>
No. 203881 ID: 10c20a
File 127838670740.jpg - (81.86KB , 800x600 , 22.jpg )
203881

"You, my good fellow, have a deal!"

I turn quickly, so my cape does that little flourish thing that always looks so dramatic and cool just for effect, and exit the establishment. Shyen exits shortly after me.

"You really think they're gonna listen to someone like you? I mean... they wouldn't listen to people like US."

"Have faith, my dear, I know exactly what I am doing." I reassure. What the hell am I doing? We find the human soldiers the barkeep informed us of, it isn't hard, their giant metal man, I believe he called it a "dullahan" or something, stands out quite a bit. One of the humans seems to be standing behind the construct, giving it orders. There is another in front of it, seemingly helping to guide it as it navigates between the buildings.

"Ahem...
crap... how should I go about this?
>>
No. 203886 ID: ed3816

Flail around wildly while angrily screaming incoherent obscenities. That's the universal method of greeting among humans.
>>
No. 203892 ID: 1e9d01

>>203881
How durable are you? Think you can keep them from taking the harmonica from you? You could just annoy them by playing a song and never stopping. Heck you could play one note. FOREVER.

If they wouldn't have any trouble killing you (or at least, taking away the harmonica) then let's try just talking to them. Ask them what they're trying to accomplish here; it seems obvious that nobody here wants to join their army.
>>
No. 203895 ID: 1ff4df

"greetings human soldier, i have seen you great machine and was wondering if i could get a closer look at it? if they let you then wrap yourself around the dullahan's leg and melt it with acid, drop your clothes so they don't melt too. without it they will be significantly weaker and have no real thing to push people around with. this is of course assuming most weapons do little to you as you are a slime.
>>
No. 203912 ID: 6834bc

>>203881
Are you any good at lying/bluffing?
You could simply tell them that there are a great number of Daragon gathering in <direction/location away from town>.

But you might want to talk with them a bit and get them to mention the reason why they're here (which should mention the Daragon,) so it doesn't look like you came up to meet them with an ulterior motive.
>>
No. 203920 ID: f58d30

>>203912
This could be the most reasonable thing to do. You seem to have a way with words, so maybe some bluffing might help you out here.
>>
No. 204076 ID: c2c011

>>203881
Ask them if they wouldn't want some entertainment for the evening. Pull out your harmonica to give them a taste of what you have to offer.
>>
No. 204107 ID: 8b6eae

>>203892
>Heck you could play one note. FOREVER.
B Flat, 127 decibels
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lets make a note of that and set it aside for later use. Might be useful, but not in the present situation.
>>
No. 204109 ID: 8b6eae

>>203881
Lets use our formidable bardic charisma to chat him up for a bit. Then we steer the conversation towards what he's doing here, so we can figure out how to get them to leave peacefully.
>>
No. 204111 ID: 9cb4b3

"Bah weep grah nah weep nini bong."


It's the universal greeting, you know.
>>
No. 204148 ID: af4fba

>>204111
I see what you did there
>>
No. 217804 ID: 10c20a
File 128164922029.jpg - (79.99KB , 800x600 , 23.jpg )
217804

>>204109
Yes, perhaps chatting them up would be the best course of action. Break the ice, as it were, then strike with a most beguiling example of word wizardry the likes of which his human mind has never seen!

"Ahem"

"Hmm? What's this now? A slime? What's one o' you doin in a town like this?"

"Traveling, my good fellow"

"Well, how kin I help you two citizens?"
>>
No. 217805 ID: c2c011

>>217804
Sing them the song of your people!

Well except that your lady friend is going to be singing and you're going to accompany her on the harmonica.

Anyway, ask him to listen to you and evaluate your chances of making it big time with your act.
>>
No. 217839 ID: d65652

Tell them that you heard they were having trouble with the Daragon and you want to know exactly what the problem is. You're a class A problem solver, after all.
>>
No. 217864 ID: d560d6

>>217805
Are you looking at that construct and thinking drummer? Because I'm looking at that construct and thinking drummer.

Anyway, >>217839 for now.
>>
No. 250587 ID: 383006

>>217839
Basically this.
>>
No. 255305 ID: 10c20a
File 12895115701.jpg - (74.63KB , 800x600 , 24.jpg )
255305

>>217839
"I hear tale that you've been having some issues with the Daragon? I was curious if I may be of some service, as I have am reputed as a class A problem solver."

"You? Well, as I'm sure you both know, we're at war. There've been sightings of Daragon scouts in this here vicinity and we were dispatched to the area. We tracked some o' there movements to this town. Unless you kin route the creatures outta the mountains yourself, or convince some of these Beast-kin here," he grasps his visor and nods to Shyen, "to join us, I doubt you can provide much help, unless you got some other idea."
>>
No. 255307 ID: e9c43d

Ask if we can point out where they might be in the mountains. We need to go talk with them and see if we can't solve the problem with our problem solving skills that are extremely well-honed to solve problems.
>>
No. 255314 ID: a4b4e3

Say "I'm sure that some of the monsterkin would be glad to help you all if it meant you leaving their town sooner. They don't like you guys hanging around, you see."
>>
No. 255339 ID: 10c20a
File 128951676432.jpg - (72.68KB , 800x600 , 25.jpg )
255339

>>255314
"I'm sure we'd be more than happy to help you if you'd get the hell out of our town." Shyen puts forth.

"We apologize for the inconvenience ma'am, but until we find out more about why the Daragon are snooping around these parts, for your own safety, our orders are to hold this town. Military occupation is rarely an enjoyable situation, I know, but we please ask you to bare with us."

>>255307
"Perhaps you could point us in the direction these Daragon are supposedly squatting? Mayhaps I could even solve this problem in a peaceful manner, I have quite a way with words, if I do say so myself... which I do."

"You offering to go by yourself? If that's what you're wanting, we're running off the assumption that they've been working out of the mountains to the North East of here." He gestures with his hand.
>>
No. 255355 ID: a4b4e3

>>255339
"Well, alright then."

Turn to Shyen and ask her if she thinks others would be interested in joining the hunt or if we're going to have to do this alone.
>>
No. 255362 ID: d677cc

>>255339
If there's no other information he can give us, then I guess we'd better head on out there if we can't get anyone else to come with us first.
>>
No. 255390 ID: 383006

Let's go to the mountains to see what they have to say about stuff and things. They're neutral with the beast people, right?
>>
No. 255392 ID: 10c20a
File 128952643283.jpg - (71.57KB , 800x600 , 26.jpg )
255392

>>255355
"Well, alright then. Shyen, do you think any of your neighbors would be interested in joining us in our excursion?"

"I kinda doubt it, otherwise I'm sure these guys wouldn't be having so much trouble getting people to help them."

>>255362
As we turn to leave in the direction the soldier indicated, he stops us.

"One more thing, if you're really going to try and go talk to those monsters. We've found butchered corpses scattered about the forest. Don't know if it's them or what, but be careful, and stay alert. We'll be here awaiting any news upon your return."
>>
No. 255394 ID: d677cc

>>255392
Off we go, then?
>>
No. 255395 ID: 3416ec

>>255392

Since you're a slime, you can't suffer stab or arrow wounds, can you?
>>
No. 255396 ID: 8c0848

>>255392
Go forth and talk the shit out of those Daragons.

Try not to be hacked up.
>>
No. 255399 ID: 383006

Let's carefully awawy
>>
No. 255416 ID: 10c20a
File 128952984991.jpg - (55.81KB , 800x600 , 27.jpg )
255416

>>255395
I've... never been stabbed or shot before... I hear it's awful, being immune to that sort of thing would be super keen!

>>255394
>>255396
>>255399
We head off to the North East. As we enter the forest, night begins to fall. It grows dark the further in we get, the tree canopy working to block out the moon's light. I hear voices coming from some nearby foliage.
>>
No. 255417 ID: 4496f2

gentlemanly check it out first.
>>
No. 255419 ID: 3416ec

>>I hear it's awful, being immune to that sort of thing would be super keen!

For your sake, I sure hope so.
>>
No. 255422 ID: d677cc

>>255416
Alright, let's see if you can't sneak up on these guys or something.
>>
No. 255423 ID: 383006

See if you can sneak up and identify species or make out what they're saying.
>>
No. 255426 ID: 3416ec

Mention to your companion "We're being watched."
>>
No. 255441 ID: 10c20a
File 128953294586.jpg - (51.41KB , 800x600 , 28.jpg )
255441

>>255417
"What the hell language is that?" Shyen asks.

"Allow me to investigate m'lady."
It appears they're speaking in... Elvish... Ancient Elvish... peculiar... luckily that is one of the many languages I am versed in.

"That one put up a lot more of a fight than I expected..." the voice chomps down on some manner of meat, [i]"It got actually got Friend Shetelner."

"Hurry and eat, and stow the rest. We need to be at the rendevouz shortly, the beast-kin will be sleeping soon."

Eh?
>>
No. 255443 ID: 3416ec

Knock them both out like this: WHA-POW.
>>
No. 255444 ID: 4496f2

leap out and encase one's head. and then just let acid do the rest as it both suffocates and melts.
>>
No. 255448 ID: 7470bb

Trying to fight them is a terrible idea. Not only will we probably lose but they're still others, so it won't do much. We need to find out what they are doing here so we can figure out how to get them to leave. Hide and follow them to their rendezvous.
>>
No. 255450 ID: 4496f2

>>255448
FINE, gosh.
>>
No. 255452 ID: d677cc

>>255448
This sounds the most reasonable.
>>
No. 255592 ID: eb885d

>>255441
>Beast-kin will be sleeping soon.
Oh boy, this is NOT GOOD. THey must be planning to attack the Beast-kin while they sleep. Somehow I don't think a diplomatic solution can be achived here. But If we act quick, we may be able to thwart any hostilities. See if you can't get Shyen to help you knock them out/capture them.
>>
No. 255633 ID: 93d4b0

Let us sneakily sneakfollow to find out what they are up to. I don't think we can take them - they are huge and strong and bad.
>>
No. 255645 ID: 1854db

I think we should go back and warn the town.
>>
No. 259511 ID: 10c20a
File 129063548628.jpg - (41.80KB , 800x600 , 29.jpg )
259511

>>255443
>>255444
With violence? I've never actually been in a real fight before! I don't know if I'm up to that sort of thing on my own...

>>255448
>>255452
>>255633
>>255592
>>255645
The two of them stand up, one kicks out the fire before I can get a good look at them, and the other deposits a pile what looks like bones by the roots of a downed tree. The begin skulking off into the woods. Should I pursue them now, warn the village, or go get Shyen? I can't decide what to do!
>>
No. 259512 ID: 3416ec

We follow. If we can find their home base, we can plan to launch a proper attack on them later.
>>
No. 259513 ID: 2563d4

>>259511
If Shyen's close enough, tell her to go warn the village, then follow yourself.

If we lose the trail, too bad; it doesn't sound like there's much time before they do whatever they're planning.
>>
No. 259597 ID: e973f4

>>259513
This, um... this seems like a good idea, I think.
>>
No. 259684 ID: 40cb26

>>259511
Follow them, and while you do acidify a trail of vegetation for for Shyen to easily follow in turn. She'll catch up soon enough I think.
>>
No. 259770 ID: 383006

Send Shyen to warn the village and check to see what they deposited.
>>
No. 259806 ID: 6071d3

>>259513
This.

You're a slime. Probably darn near invincible to physical attack. Shyen's not and she can move faster. Sending her back to safety with a warning while you follow them is a fantastic idea.
>>
No. 260143 ID: 10c20a
File 129088710550.jpg - (174.33KB , 800x600 , 30.jpg )
260143

>>259513
>>259597
>>259770
>>259806
I retreat back to the clearing temporarily and inform Shyen of what I over heard. I ask her to return to the village and warn the human soldiers and her towns people of the impending danger. I then slink off back into the brush.

As I return to the clearing I discovered the two creatures, I briefly inspect the objects they deposited at the base of the downed tree. It appears to be a pair of odd skulls and an assortment of various bones. Most likely from two separate creatures, given the diversity in the bones' appearances, and the lack of complete skeletal anatomy. I then follow in the direction I observed the two figures skulking off in.

I take refuge behind a large tree. I can hear murmuring and whispers in the same Ancient Elvish language as before. A faint light can be seen from the other end of the thicket, I think it's emanating from the village. I peer around the tree and I see more shadowy figures, but these appear to be wearing much bulkier clothing, like armor. I can faintly hear the sharpening of blades over the sounds of the night forest. This certainly seems to bode ill.
>>
No. 260144 ID: 2563d4

>>260143
Well, that's kind of good. The default thing for them to prepare for given Shyen's warning would be a straight-up attack, and it sounds like a straight-up attack. Be pleased there's no magical mumbo-jumbo going on.

I'm not sure if you can actually do anything useful here. I assume being sliced into little bits is not fun even for slimes, and would ruin your fine hat anyway.
>>
No. 260149 ID: 3416ec

>>260143

Wait a minute... I think we've seen those skulls before!

Also, see if you can sneak in any closer.
>>
No. 260256 ID: 6071d3

Your clothing is way too bitchin to get ruined in battle, especially that snazzy hat. Ditch you threads somewhere and pick them up later. They might give you away or slow you down anyway.

Plus if you are discovered you can pretend to be a brainless slime... thing... or whatever. I bet they've never seen sentient goo before.
>>
No. 260360 ID: 70e5c6

>>260143
Absorb skulls. Create time paradox.

(This slime offshoot appears to be in the past compared to what Roqan is doing. Compare >>138000 and >>259511.)

Seriously though... let's just hope that Shyen does a good job of warning people. There's probably no way you can take these guys on in a solo fight, but you might be able to help out at crucial moments and let the Monster-kin take them down.
>>
No. 260413 ID: b6c6fc

it would really help out Shyen's people to know exactly what their up against

if you can get closer to find out more about them, that would be great but don't do it if stealth is not your thing
>>
No. 264585 ID: 10c20a
File 12924451414.jpg - (46.32KB , 799x600 , 31.jpg )
264585

>>260144
I've never been sliced up before, but it certainly sounds unpleasant.

>>260360
I can't absorb the skulls, I left them back at the clearing.

>>260149
>>260256
>>260413
I stash my clothing under a nearby bush. I can sneak better when I'm naked anyway. I slip up a bit closer, enough to try and eavesdrop. They're speaking in Ancient Elvish again.

"-prepared for the signal. We only have a small window of time to strike once the Sneaks have distracted their guards."

"Their guards look oddly alert... They could be wise to our approach."

"It doesn't matter. We've scouted the village countless times. We know their defender's capabilities, their strength shall be ours come morning."

Hmm... that sounds rather ominous...
>>
No. 264643 ID: 283fa9

>>264585
>"We know their defender's capabilities, their strength shall be ours come morning."
Fuck, that's why they eat people! They literally believe 'you are what you eat'. You want to be strong, eat the strong. D:

Indeed, it sounds ominous. It either we need to make sure the town knows what danger they are in, or perhaps help blunt their assault. I'm not sure how you would do that through song, though. :V
>>
No. 264645 ID: ceacd2

>>264585
Can you like, form into a puddle and creep closer, flat as can be? Or maybe keep your brainy core bits close while sending your hearing bits out on a long, gooey tendril over closer to them along the ground, the rest of you ready to slime up the nearest tree should they discover you?
>>
No. 264646 ID: bc9415

trick one into eating you, eat it from the inside.
>>
No. 264673 ID: 1854db

>>264585
How about we distract them so that they miss the window they have to strike in?
>>
No. 264684 ID: 6071d3

>We only have a small window of time to strike once the Sneaks have distracted their guards.
It sounds like they may be reluctant to take on the guards directly. I don't think you can learn much more by sticking around here, so it may be time to book back to village.

They need to be warned about some kind of distraction so they can put up a better fight. But it also sounds like these guys are confident of winning anyway. Alert the guards that this could be a no-win scenario; the enemy is too prepared and people need to be evacuated.
>>
No. 265968 ID: 10c20a
File 129307853368.png - (155.61KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
265968

>>264643
>>264684
I gather up my cloths and make haste back to the village, attempting to avoid detection from the gruesome figures.

I arrive at one of the village's side gates and they let me in. I rush through the opening as it begins to close behind me. Shyen is standing in the road with one of the humans.

"Joshua! You made it back! Some of the townsfolk have gathered up their belongings and have begun evacuating out the southern entrance to the village. The soldiers said they'd escort them back to the safety of the military stronghold a ways south until we know what we're dealing with. Mark here's prepping his Dullahan to go investigate some suspicious activity we noticed on the east side of town with me and some of the guards."

[b]"Miss Shyen! I came to warn of an impending distraction! Once the village guards are drawn away, a signal will be set to start the-"[b]
>>
No. 265969 ID: 10c20a
File 129307862816.png - (202.55KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
265969

>>265968
*B-KOOM*

And explosion rocks the village. I wonder if that could be the signal...



Riarda Legends: Chapter 2

End
>>
No. 265984 ID: 6071d3

HOLY CRAP!

You're hat blew off! Go get it before the wind carries it off! Oh and then cling to Shyen until the next chapter starts.
>>
No. 265986 ID: 3416ec

Well crap! Better grab a sword and see if you're more than just a slime.
>>
No. 266053 ID: f123de

Save the hat!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password