[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 230178)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 128434861933.png - (94.80KB , 500x500 , 47.png )
230178 No. 230178 ID: cf68aa

[My first adventure! http://quest.lv/kusaba/questarch/res/204114.html ]

Hello again! It's been a while since we last talked!
Right now Eirik and I are crossing the stream on out way to the nearest human civilization. He put me in a metal barrel and we're heading there now.
We made some small talk along the way and I found out the ones who burned the town down was a group of orcs. He says it would be a open closed case but the Orcs had some sort of magic fire. There are a few theories on who gave it to them but he says he needs more info to really figure this out.

I may be a smart girl but most of this is going over my head @_@
Expand all images
>>
No. 230179 ID: 97cb33

don't worry. it just means they have a magic stick or a sorcerer helping them.
>>
No. 230187 ID: e31d52

Don't worry, Curi! We'll guide you!
>>
No. 230189 ID: 22038c

Don't hug Eirik
>>
No. 230202 ID: cf68aa
File 12843555508.png - (80.94KB , 500x500 , 48.png )
230202

>>230189
... I can't.....

>>230187
Thanks :3

>>230179
Okay... I want to help them with this but I think this may be a bit more then I'm capable of.

"How much longer Eirik?"

>"We're almost there Curi. The others are probably setting up a camp. we'll eat there and continue on our way. We should be there before dark"

"Do you really think Chris will be there?"

>"With any luck we'll find him there."
>>
No. 230203 ID: e31d52

>>230202
Thank him again for being such a nice and reasonable person. Tell him how aside from him, Chris, and the gobby, everyone's been out to get you.
>>
No. 230204 ID: 97cb33

yeah, it's nice to meet people but too many think you are evil.
>>
No. 230205 ID: 701a19

>>230202
How is everybody getting along? Goblins and elves don't tend to get along too well, after all...
>>
No. 230206 ID: cf68aa
File 12843566241.png - (86.88KB , 500x500 , 49.png )
230206

>>230203
"Thank you so much. Everyone seems to be out to get me... Only you, Chris and Nalik have actually tried to help me."

He gives a slight twitch at the mention of my Goblin friend.

>"i see no reason why not to help you. You are a good person, you deserve it."

>>230205
Uhm... It could have been better. Nalik sorta bit him a while back and they haven't spoken since.
>>
No. 230207 ID: 97cb33

ouch. yeah, they aren't going to get along any time soon, but at least they aren't trying to kill eachother.
>>
No. 230211 ID: 0b2a05

>>230207
Mostly.

How is she anyway?
>>
No. 230221 ID: 701a19

>>230206
How far away is the next town?
>>
No. 230224 ID: cf68aa
File 128436552890.png - (102.11KB , 500x500 , 50.png )
230224

>>230211
She's good. She went ahead of us though with that girl on her back. She should already be setting up.

>>230221
mmm... shouldn't be that far from what Eirik said.

>"Ow..."

"?? Are you okay?"

>"Yeah I'm fine. It feels like something stung me. It's notOW!"

"!?"

>"My legs.. something keeps biting my legs."

I look out of the barrel. Floating around Eirik are red egg yolk looking monsters. A few are latched onto his arms and legs while more come from all around.
>>
No. 230225 ID: 97cb33

get out of the barrel and make a ring around him, make some air pockets to float, and then just reach out and grab them. while you do this tell him to use the barrel to push you forward.
>>
No. 230226 ID: e31d52

>>230224
Take the initiative and extend your arms to eat them off his limbs.
"I got it!"
>>
No. 230227 ID: 701a19

>>230224
You can't get in the water, right? Send out a tendril to hit those things. Tell him to hurry, since it looks like these things are infectious.
>>
No. 230230 ID: c71597

>>230224
That's potentially very bad. Are there any people on the other side that might help getting him out? It would probably be a good idea to attract their attention and get them over.
>>
No. 230234 ID: cf68aa
File 128436961449.png - (121.75KB , 500x500 , 51.png )
230234

>>230225
I can't get out of this! The current would completely take me away.

>>230230
No, we're the last ones. I can see a few people on the shore ahead of us and Eirik has been calling out to them.

>>230227
I start slapping at them and try to absorb them. they do have a weak acid and I can absorb them easily.

"Shoo! Get away!"

I managed to absorb one easily but more appear.

"Shoo! Shoo!"

>"Nnn... They're everywhere."
>>
No. 230235 ID: e31d52

>>230234
Keep at it, tell your friend they may have some sort of venom or something. Poison Slimes?
>>
No. 230236 ID: 701a19

>>230234
Use more tendrils! Absorb them all as fast as you can!
>>
No. 230237 ID: 97cb33

wait, the current can't be that strong, these little buggers can swim so you should be able to as well. just keep a firm grip on the barrel and you should be fine.
>>
No. 230238 ID: c71597

>>230234
Not much else you can do besides that. Keep doing your best and hope he gets some help from the shore.

>>230237
It looks more like they're drifting and then latch onto prey then swimming.
>>
No. 230239 ID: cf68aa
File 128437134864.png - (84.43KB , 500x500 , 52.png )
230239

>>230236>>230237>>230238

I combine the ideas! I use more tendrils and try to absorb as many as possible. I can't get the ones already on Eirik or in front of him cause I might burn him but I can easily eat all that ones behind!

"Go away!"

We're almost there now though.
>>
No. 230241 ID: e31d52

>>230239
Delicious red stuff. |3

Continue as you are!

==>
>>
No. 230242 ID: 701a19

>>230239
Try to smack the ones at his sides. Also, can you shift a LOT of pure water to one of your tendrils? That would dilute the acid so you could smack them off of him with a net decrease in his burns.
>>
No. 230243 ID: 97cb33

look out, one is eating through the rope holding on your barrel!
>>
No. 230244 ID: c71597

>>230239
Keep up the good work then. Hopefully you will both be safe soon.
>>
No. 230252 ID: cf68aa
File 128437273488.png - (92.69KB , 500x500 , 53.png )
230252

>>230242
I don't know how to do that..

>"We made it"

>>230243
What?

snap

Ah!
>>
No. 230253 ID: c71597

>>230252
Aw crap. Quick, latch onto him, he should be able to get to safe ground before you eat through the clothes and start burning his skin.
>>
No. 230254 ID: 97cb33

jump out and grab onto the rocks on the bottom of the river! then crawl to shore, it isn't that far!
>>
No. 230255 ID: e31d52

>>230252
uh uh

uhhhhh

D:
>>
No. 230256 ID: 701a19

>>230252
Get up on dry land. If he's having trouble moving then use the steel barrel to scoop him out of the water and onto try land.

Get the red blobs off of him quickly, and motion for people to come help.
>>
No. 230257 ID: e31d52

CURI! Lean so that the open end of the barrel is facing away from the current. Then, GRAB AS MANY ROCKS AS YOU CAN and stuff them inside!
>>
No. 230258 ID: 97cb33

other option and rip your head off and throw it to shore!
>>
No. 230260 ID: cf68aa
File 128437435250.png - (82.12KB , 466x479 , 54.png )
230260

Ah! The current's taken me away from him!
Uhm! Uhm!

>>230258
Okay!
I attach my head to my arm anAHHHHHHH!

plop

>"O_O C-Curi....?"

"mmmnnnnn......"

Sleepy..........
>>
No. 230261 ID: 97cb33

just say "food.. water.." and then you can sleep.
>>
No. 230262 ID: c71597

>>230260
Well that's one way to do it. Start eating, don't fall asleep now. Eat as much as you can then ask for some more.
>>
No. 230263 ID: e31d52

>>230260
Curi yukkuri :3

EAAAAAT and ask for food.
>>
No. 230265 ID: a594b9

>>230260
Uh. Don't eat Eirik.
>>
No. 230342 ID: cf68aa
File 128441263945.png - (827B , 500x500 , 55.png )
230342

"Food..... Water.... sleep...."

so sleepy.......
>>
No. 230345 ID: cf68aa
File 128441274049.png - (81.37KB , 500x500 , 56.png )
230345

Mmm... Hey, I'm not dead. I think someone fed me. I can hear voices.
My body is rebuilding itself.
If I want to I can take this time to change my body's color or anything else I want about it.
>>
No. 230346 ID: e31d52

>>230345
Purple!
>>
No. 230347 ID: 40cb26

>>230345
Purple body and pink hair. Looks like you absorbed those red things a little more than you meant to!
>>
No. 230348 ID: f91a11

>>230345
Go transparent. May be of use very soon.
>>
No. 230351 ID: a594b9

>>230347
Could you make yourself faster, or more resilient to damage? You keep getting broken into pieces so it would be nice to either be able to dodge attacks easier or get damaged less by them.

Having more mass in general would be nice.
>>
No. 230352 ID: c71597

>>230345
Nice, lets go with a nice shade of cyan.
>>
No. 230358 ID: 97cb33

i like curi classic.
>>
No. 230379 ID: cf68aa
File 12844244992.png - (52.43KB , 274x466 , purple.png )
230379

>>230347>>230346

This is just a test, how do you guys like me with this color?

>>230351
I could make my membrane thicker but it would take away from my flexability. Or I could make it thinner which would give me more speed.
>>
No. 230385 ID: e67080

Too vibrant... try the red with blue hair.
>>
No. 230389 ID: 40cb26

How about making it more adaptable? So you can thicken it or thin it out when you need to. I mean I guess changing your membrane would use up more water or something... Say, does a thicker membrane make your acid stronger or weaker?
>>
No. 230394 ID: 97cb33

again, i like classic.
>>
No. 230398 ID: c71597

>>230379
Classic or Cyan.

And you should stay the way you are. You just need to get some gear on you. Everyone is rather wimpy when they're naked.
>>
No. 230409 ID: cf68aa
File 128442562554.png - (44.25KB , 274x466 , red.png )
230409

>>230385
I look like a male...

>>230389
I can do that but it just takes time. It'd be better to have one and just stick with it since constantly shifting takes energy and sometimes moisture.

Either this color, the purple one or just normal me.
>>
No. 230412 ID: e67080

lets stick with classic for now I suppose, apparently I can't forsee the end result of your color change well.
>>
No. 230441 ID: c71597

>>230409
Classi then. But I still think you should try out cyan.
>>
No. 230450 ID: cf68aa
File 128442787071.png - (111.31KB , 500x500 , 57.png )
230450

Classic for now. Though it seems I absorbed too many of those red slimes..

I wake up to someone calling my name.

>"Curi? Okay?"

"mmm?"

It's the one injured girl. she seems to be okay now.

"I'm fine... Are you okay?"

>"Better. Gobbo with Elf and friends. Stay here to watch you."

"Thanks."

I still feel light headed but I'm better now.
>>
No. 230458 ID: 97cb33

hmm, let's look around. are we still at the river or did you get moved somehow?
>>
No. 230463 ID: e31d52

Ask her name, silly.
>>
No. 230464 ID: a594b9

>>230450
Ask her about the attack on the town, if she's okay with talking about it.
>>
No. 230491 ID: c71597

>>230450
Well then lets get up and ask her name and if she knows Chris.
>>
No. 230706 ID: cf68aa
File 128444573291.png - (87.13KB , 500x500 , 58.png )
230706

>>230463
"Uhm... What's your name?"

>"Sersi, nice to finally see you"

I'm still right where I threw myself. there are people a bit farther off. From the sounds of it they're already packing up.

"Sersi, do you remember what happened to the village? Do you know someone named Chris?"

>"Chris? he's a wizard in the town. He's very kind and even taught me some magic. As for what happened... I really don't remember much. I was stabbed through the shoulder and managed to drag myself out of town before much happened. Sorry."

"It's okay.. Thank you."

>"No problem. So, what are you?"

"Oh! I'm a slimechild! I'm trying to travel the world and help others learn about my people. My dream is that one day we'll all get along."

>".... That's so innocent. I want to hug you but i know you would dissolve me."
>>
No. 230707 ID: e31d52

>>230706
"If everything with Chris goes as planned, I'll be able to hug everyone I want!"

Then :3 as hard as you can.
>>
No. 230708 ID: 97cb33

yeah tell her that chris is trying to help you with that.
>>
No. 230780 ID: 55c88b

tell her your name and ask her where she is from?
We need to find out about this.
>>
No. 230783 ID: a594b9

>>230780
...you should read the first thread!
>>
No. 230870 ID: 04b0cf

>>230706

"yea, I really wish I could hug people..."
>>
No. 231591 ID: 2eac65

On that note, a suit made of rubber would help keep you from dissolving things and still let you keep some sense of touch.
>>
No. 231597 ID: cf68aa
File 12847911338.png - (182.98KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
231597

>>231591
A what?

"If everything with Chris goes as planned, I'll be able to hug everyone I want!"

>Chris... I hope we find him as well."

I hear Eirik speak up.

>"Curi! You're good right? We're gonna leave soon, we should be at the settlement soon okay?"

"Mmmkay!"

>"But we lost the barrel though, think you can walk the rest of the way."

"MmmHmm."

Sersi
>"Curi... Was there anyone else who looked like me there?"

"no, sorry.."

I think she lost people too..
>>
No. 231598 ID: e31d52

>>231597
A suit of rubber. Like another, uh, membrane, only not acidic.
>>
No. 231599 ID: 701a19

>>231597
"But there were a lot of tracks going this way! Don't give up hope!"
>>
No. 231602 ID: 6547ec

Maybe there are more people like her wherever Chris is! As long as you stick together, you can have all sorts of fun adventures!
>>
No. 231604 ID: cf68aa
File 12847928985.png - (90.84KB , 789x392 , 60.png )
231604

"But there were a lot of tracks going this way! Don't give up hope!"

>"Right."

>>231598
Hmm? Never heard of it.

Everyone packs up and we all head off. After a short time we arrive there.
>>
No. 231605 ID: a7a85a

>>231598

Hmm, not sure where you'd pic up a rubber suit. An engineer? An alchemist? Even then it's probably not free.

It might have to be light for Curi to use it too. If it's too thick and unwieldy she might just squish out of it in any attempt to move.
>>
No. 231606 ID: cf68aa
File 12847929364.png - (107.17KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
231606

......
There are a lot of things I could melt here...

>"You okay?"

"... I'm not sure I should walk in..."
>>
No. 231608 ID: a594b9

>>231606
I think you should wait outside with someone until they get another barrel for you.
>>
No. 231609 ID: 6547ec

If you're worried about melting the street, ask if anyone has some metal boots you could use. Or if they could find some at a store while you wait there.
>>
No. 231610 ID: e31d52

>>231606
We need our barrel :c
>>
No. 231611 ID: 701a19

>>231606
Ask for metal plates. You can use those like shoes and walk on things you would otherwise melt.
>>
No. 231612 ID: 175f4a

or maybe a wheel-barrel would be easier to move around.
>>
No. 231613 ID: 40cb26

By rubber they mean a body shaped, completely enclosed and acid proof suit. If that can be pulled off it would be great but it might be a very difficult thing to create. Probably uncomfortable too. Metal shoes would be very difficult to move around, her body isn't all that strong and her feet would probably slight right out.

So long as you only stand on stone you should avoid damaging anything. Being with your friends should help avoid people from panicking, but just to be safe stay with as large a group of people as you can.
>>
No. 231614 ID: a7a85a

>>231606

Yeah, make sure at least one of your group is always with you so warrior spaz types don't try to mow you down again.
>>
No. 231654 ID: c71597

>>231606
You just need to be careful. And don't walk through any crowds.
>>
No. 231879 ID: cf68aa
File 12848905666.png - (101.17KB , 600x600 , 62.png )
231879

Before I can try anything Eirik comes up to me with a wheel barrel.

>"I figured you'd have some trouble, hop in."

I go inside. It's nice and cool in here and I don't melt through anything!

>"My men and I are going to speak to someone here in a little bit. Is there anywhere in particular you wish to be dropped off?"

Hmm... Where would a wizard most likely be..?
>>
No. 231882 ID: a594b9

>>231879
Library! If he's not there at least you'll be able to get someone to help you read books.
>>
No. 231883 ID: 40cb26

>>231879
Well a library seems likely, or maybe a magic school if there is one. He could be looking up stuff about slimes and acid resistance and stuff. Is there a place where the other survivors went? He could be there helping out.
>>
No. 231885 ID: 175f4a

yes, wherever the survivors went would be good. if they fear you, you can say you were cursed and Chris was looking to find a way to break it and so you need to find him.
>>
No. 231890 ID: dc8142

He could also be looking for you on some kind of slave market, seeing that you have been kidnapped and sold by orcs.
>>
No. 231914 ID: cf68aa
File 12849134789.png - (166.65KB , 500x800 , 63.png )
231914

"Is there some kind of area were the survivors were dropped off?"

>"Actually there is. Want me to take you there?"

"Please."

We head off there. Sersi and Nalik tell me the location of a Inn and tell me they'll be staying there, ground floor so i can come in and check on them.
When we get to the survivors area Eirik announces in a loud voice that I was cursed and no one should touch me.
kinda embarrassing...

He drops me off and wishes me good luck.

I look around for a few minutes....
!!!!!

"Chris!"

I see him. He turns around and gasps

>"Curi!"

He runs over to me...
And hugs me!?
>>
No. 231915 ID: 701a19

>>231914
"Ah! Chris! The melting and the acid and the this is nice but I'm eating your clothes-"
>>
No. 231916 ID: 175f4a

if his cloths are melting then tell him that while hugs are nice you don't want to burn him. but if they aren't then he may have gotten an acid ring or something, and you can hug him back.
>>
No. 231918 ID: c71597

>>231914
Freak the fuck out!
>>
No. 231925 ID: e40e60

>>231914
Slip away before he gets burned by the acid.
>>
No. 231929 ID: cf68aa
File 128491965434.png - (77.95KB , 600x600 , 64.png )
231929

>>231918
"Ah! Chris! The melting and the acid and this is nice but I'm eating your clothes!"

>"Oh!"

he lets go and looks down at himself

>"It wasn't that bad. Good thing I let go when I did though."

"Chris, I was so worried about you! I thought bad things happened!"

>"And I thought the same of you... Tell me, what happened?"

I explain everything I've been through since we got separated.
He tells me that when the attack happened he was quickly knocked out. The last thing he saw was the orcs dragging me away. He was helpless. When he woke up he had been dragged out by other survivors. He tried leaving a trail but I guess I didn't notice..

>"But all that matters is that you're safe. It'd be a shame if your mission ended so swiftly.."

"Yeah. Oh! Did you find a cure?"

>"Unfortunately no, not yet. Sorry."

"It's okay.. So who did that? The attacking?"

>"Ah. Well I've been discussing it with others and they say the attacks were stagged by a Dark Elf Orrac. It seems he's been doing this across the map. There's been talk of a plan to throw him off his false throne."

@_@ What did I get into?
>>
No. 231931 ID: 175f4a

an amazing adventure that when done will prove you can be trusted. those involved in this thing will trust you, but other communities may still fear you. but having at least one region like you is good.

also, dark elves are almost all giant assholes. i mean they think making people suffer is fun. at least oozes only hurt people cause they are hungry.
>>
No. 232068 ID: c71597

>>231929
Delicious adventuring plot hooks. Ask him how you can be of assitance, becuase the sooner he's done with that the sooner he can help you.
>>
No. 232088 ID: e31d52

>>232068
This. You need to learn for yourself who it is alright for you to use your acid on.

A good rule of thumb is to only fight for other people.
>>
No. 234150 ID: cf68aa
File 128551056975.png - (116.16KB , 600x544 , 65.png )
234150

I... I'm not sure... This may be a bit beyond me... I...

>"Oi! Chris! Where'd you want me to put this!"

Someone new walks in front of Curi. He's humanoid but he has green scales on most of his skin. It's a light green, like the color of a Elves hair. He also has two wings on his back.

>"Ah, Torin! Just set that over by the food stock."

>"No problem. Hmm? Is this the slime child you were talking about."

He stares at me smiling.

>"Yep that's her. Her name's Curi."

>"Curi eh?"
>>
No. 234152 ID: cf68aa
File 128551062574.png - (111.25KB , 600x600 , 66.png )
234152

He walks over to me..
And pats me on the head!?

"Ah! Watch out! The acid!"

>"Doesn't work on me pretty lady. I'm immune to acid."

.............
My face feels hot.
>>
No. 234153 ID: e31d52

try not to immediatly hug him just because you can because you will eat his clothing and thus expose his body and oh my that would be just terrible now wouldn't it
>>
No. 234156 ID: 701a19

>>234152
HUG HIM!
>>
No. 234159 ID: e31d52

>>234156
We appear to have reached a consensus.
>>
No. 234162 ID: e40e60

>>234152
Don't hug him, let's not destroy his clothes
>>
No. 234170 ID: 5a2e05

Ask him if you can hug him. We can't go around hugraping everything.
>>
No. 234175 ID: 038726

yes ask if he wants a hug.
>>
No. 234416 ID: a7a85a

Hug just his arm. It will be awkward.
>>
No. 234420 ID: a594b9

>>234416
This seems like the perfect compromise.
>>
No. 234444 ID: cf68aa
File 128556000756.png - (118.05KB , 600x578 , 67.png )
234444

"C-can I hug your arm...?"

>"Huh? Sure."

!!!
He t-takes of his upper clothing and holds out his arm.
I hug it as tight as I can.

>"Haha, she doesn't get many hugs does she?"

>"I'm afraid not. I'm trying to find a way to counter her acid."
>>
No. 234445 ID: cf68aa
File 128556002189.png - (75.53KB , 600x600 , 68.png )
234445

He lifts my head up so that I'm looking him in the eyes.

>"Well you're welcome to give me all the hugs you want."
>>
No. 234456 ID: e31d52

He's trying to seduce you, Curi!
>>
No. 234461 ID: 5c8f91

More like succeeding. Thats probably the first time she's ever been able to touch someone without eating or merging with it.
>>
No. 234467 ID: a594b9

>>234445
Oh jeez. I guess you should ask him about himself. What is he, a dragon? Are there more people like him?
>>
No. 234468 ID: a594b9

...and ask his name too.
>>
No. 234470 ID: 5c8f91

.....
FUCK! He's a half-green-dragon! O.O!!!
Wait. Aren't black dragons the acid ones, and Green the poison ones? That kinda stuff keeps changing all the time...
>>
No. 234509 ID: 6d0eeb

he is so dreamy~ and it is nice that you finally managed to hug someone. but chris got bonus points for hugging you even though it hurt. that is a sign of a true friend, being with you in spite of the pain.

anyway, ask where we are going first.
>>
No. 234516 ID: c71597

>>234445
Nice, a halfdragon. Awesome, and with him watching over you I'm certain you can do anything.
>>
No. 234522 ID: b5af8d

>>234470
Black is disintegration, I thought.
>>
No. 234524 ID: e31d52

>>234522
Black is a cone of acid, green is a line. :V
>>
No. 234542 ID: 620bfb

Be careful, he's dangerously pretty.
>>
No. 234552 ID: cf68aa
File 128556433787.png - (46.50KB , 600x600 , 69.png )
234552

>>234467>>234468
"U-uhm.. I... Uh..."

>"Oh! I gotta go back and meet up with Len! I'll see you guys later."

He winks at me.

>"Later cutie."

He jumps in the air and flies off!
A minute passes.

".... bye.."

Chris >"..... Anyway Curi let me tell you the plan."

He takes a stick and begins drawing in the dirt.

"We're going to meet up with another group who has the same goals as us halfway. From there we're going to make a direct attack on the Dark Elf. It's our best shot. We'll be leaving in groups of ten. Torin and myself will be in a group. I want you to come along as well. Gather up anyone you want to join us and we'll head off tomorrow, okay?"

"okay."
>>
No. 234561 ID: 0cd718

the elf dude would probably want to come, the one thing elves hate more then goblins is dark elves. bring goblin girl as well.

be careful though, dark elves have been known to ride gelatinous cubes, which are pretty deadly for you since they are large ooze things.
>>
No. 234677 ID: 40cb26

>>234552
Go tell your new friends about this, but probably only Eirik is any kind of a warrior. He might know some people though.
>>
No. 234682 ID: a594b9

>>234552
Oh god we're going? We need some combat training! Ask someone to help you spar. Um. With a training dummy of course.
>>
No. 235006 ID: 20f4c6

While you're in the town, it might be a good idea to see if you can hunt down an alchemist. He/she might be able to concoct some sort of potion that will neutralize your acidic properties for short periods of time. It would make for a decent stop-gap measure for the time being.
>>
No. 238577 ID: cf68aa
File 128625031488.png - (107.11KB , 700x700 , 70.png )
238577

Yeah... I think I need to train and..
Wait what am I saying!? I can't fight!
I'm not supposed to be fighting!

Oh man... I should still talk to the others about this..
I go to where Teri said we were all staying and push open the door.

Oh, Sersi is here.
>>
No. 238592 ID: a594b9

>>238577
Say hello and express worry about being sent to fight, as you have basically no skill in combat.
>>
No. 238600 ID: 701a19

>>238577
So don't fight. Instead, sneak into their camp at night and dissolve their equipment. When they go to fight the next day their armor and weapons will be useless.
>>
No. 238615 ID: 127c1a

well since your people live in the caves eventually the dak elves will meet up with them, and they will capture them and use them as slaves, not just kill them. they have people who ride gelatinous cubes. they know how to control slimes.
>>
No. 238625 ID: 701a19

>>238615
The solution there is to ally with the Dwarves. Dwarven construction would benefit greatly from acidic intelligent slimes, and they're sworn enemies of the drow.
>>
No. 238722 ID: e31d52

>>238600
Rather, dissolve their clothing, the straps of their armor, and the handles of their swords. they will be forced to fight naked with unweildy, painful to hold weapons, or to just give up. Either way, no wholesale slaughter! Yay!
>>
No. 239095 ID: cf68aa
File 128633517342.png - (152.47KB , 700x700 , 71.png )
239095

I walk next to her.

"Sersi... There's gonna be a big fight soon and i don't know what to do.."

I explain the situations. Sersi listens to me and about my own beliefs on fighting.
After a while she nods.

>"Okay, well the way I see it there are three options.
A. We go see some dwarves and try to convince them to help us.
B. You learn how to fight.
C. You and I run far far away.
Which do you think is better for you?"
>>
No. 239096 ID: e31d52

>>239095
D: Melt the armor and clothing in the middle of the night so no fighting happens! :3c
>>
No. 239098 ID: 127c1a

running is a no no. would just be abandoning everyone. we should try to find some dwarves but learning how to fight is not a bad thing. so do both. learn how to fight while going to the dwarfs.
>>
No. 239150 ID: 6547ec

>>239096
If by 'melt' you mean 'eat', then go for-- wait. Curi can't melt OR eat metal. :(
>>
No. 239161 ID: 127c1a

>>239150
metal armor isn't solid metal. it has leather straps holding it together.
>>
No. 239188 ID: 40cb26

Curi you may not be mentally of physically capable to be a warrior, but some basic self defense is still a good idea. If you can disarm an enemy or cause it pain quickly you can avoid getting yourself or your friends hurt, and just being able to avoid blows will keep you safer. So that is something that you can do... it won't do all that much about the battle though.

Go visit the dwarves, they're the best help you can get right now. We don't know how the dwarves feel about other races, we can guess they don't care for orcs but what about humans and catfolk and goblins? We should make sure to bring someone they are more willing to trust. And hopefully they'll be a bit less prone to freak out when they see you.
>>
No. 239343 ID: 482dfd

Can you give us a smiley face :p
>>
No. 239369 ID: a594b9

>>239095
Curi, you've almost been killed twice now because people didn't know what you were. You need to at least learn how to dodge and/or deflect attacks properly.

That said, your mission shouldn't involve fighting. In the end, going to talk to the dwarves is the best option. You can remain relatively nonviolent, and the coming battle will be easier.
>>
No. 246764 ID: cf68aa
File 128772701177.png - (145.68KB , 700x700 , 72.png )
246764

The groups have split up. Right now it's me, Eirik, Chris, Nalik, Sersi and Torin.
I told Chris about the dwarf idea and he agrees that it seems reasonable.
Extra help in the battle would be great and it is somewhat on the way there.
So we got packed and head off.
Over the past few days I've been training and I've gotten a few new skills.
I can Acid Spit no a long distance and even throw acid at a short distance. The throw gives out more acid but it's less accurate and less range.
Torin also got me Light Green Scale Leather which I can place within myself to protect my main body a little bit more.
All in all I'm pretty combat ready. However I have no idea on how to approach dwarves. One slip and I might ruin this opportunity..
>>
No. 246765 ID: e31d52

Ask for advice first, then approach with caution.
>>
No. 246768 ID: a7a85a

Run at dwarves yelling, "I love you, please don't hurt me!"

Okay, not really, but you're just so d'aww I can't help but thing it might work.
>>
No. 246769 ID: 5c4201

dwarves respect Strength. but you should approach with caution. approach with your whole group, should make them not think of attacking right away at least, and let you explain what is going on. make sure to include how your people also live in the caves and you worry that if the drow meet them then they will be enslaved.
>>
No. 246774 ID: 40cb26

Look into how to be diplomatic with dwarves. It's not something I support guessing on.
>>
No. 246790 ID: 701a19

>>246764
Dwarves respect alcohol. Bring them a barrel of quality ale.
>>
No. 246803 ID: a41aaf

Etch a nearby wall/door/etc with an engraving using your acidic fingers. Any sort of frieze will do. Dwarves like that sort of thing.
>>
No. 246831 ID: e31d52

>>246774
>>
No. 247334 ID: cf68aa
File 128788361914.png - (112.77KB , 700x700 , 73.png )
247334

>>246803>>246768

The dwarf guarding the gate seems unimpressed and confused.
>>
No. 247342 ID: 5c4201

excellent. initial intro is only time you need to worry. since he hasn't attacked, you can now talk normally.
"hello, i'm a representative of the race known as 'slime children', we wish to make an alliance with you since we fear our home will come under attack by the Dark Elves. we would be willing to do work like this in exchange for your protection, this was simply a 10 second job while some would be able to do an unparalleled level of detail."
>>
No. 247423 ID: 6547ec

Do you still have whatever you used to make the writing on the sign? Draw a tankard. They'll get a lot friendlier real quick.
>>
No. 247455 ID: 1854db

Introduce yourself, ask if they hate Dark Elves, and if they wouldn't mind helping us kill some.
>>
No. 247540 ID: 8093cc

>>247334
He didn't attack you on sight, that's a huge plus.

Tell him about the Dark elf army and the small settlement on the verge of being attacked.
>>
No. 252120 ID: cf68aa
File 128887142621.png - (191.74KB , 700x700 , 74.png )
252120

"hello, I'm a representative of the race known as 'slime children', and we wish to make an alliance with you cause we fear our home will come under attack by the Dark Elves. we would be willing to do work like this in exchange for your protection, this was simply a 10 second job while some would be able to do an unparalleled level of detail."

The dwarf looks at us for a second then motions for us to enter the city. He leads us deep deep underground.
Eventually we reach a small chamber decorated with gold. The dwarf says that inside is their leader.

We step into the room which is noticeably darker then the hallway outside.
Sitting atop a golden throne is their leader.

We explain to him the situation.

>"Hmmph... Well slime child, as it stand we dwarves have yet to be attacked or even bothered by these Dark Elves. Tell me, why should I risk my men and my people's safety to help you?"
>>
No. 252153 ID: 31e5bb

from what we know it could be simply a matter of time, they left you alone just so you would have no reason to enter the conflict so that what they are already fighting would be destroyed. also if all the towns around here are gone then you would have no one to trade with, so all your dwarven crafts will just sit around gathering dust.
>>
No. 252194 ID: 701a19

>>252120
"They have been eliminating entire towns full of innocent people on the surface and we can't tell why.
No towns means no trade, no trade means you won't be able to sell weapons or buy alcohol and other foods you can't produce underground."
>>
No. 252211 ID: fba40f

>>252153
This.
>>
No. 259133 ID: 4cfe95

>>252153
>>
No. 259153 ID: 45be60

>>259133
I suppose that wasn't QUITE necromancy, since it was under a month, but on the other hand, you didn't actually contribute anything new, so SHAME! :p
>>
No. 259164 ID: e674ff

>>252153
>>252194
That sounds good in theory, but he might try to trade with the dark elves.

I think it would be best if she'd try and convince him that the dark elves are eventually going to turn hostile to the dwarfs. If the dwarfs help us now, the casualties would be much lower than if they had to defend from a dark elven attack all by themselves.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password