[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 403707)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 133519741855.png - (18.48KB , 700x700 , 362.png )
403707 No. 403707 ID: c811c4

Three Stripes is tired but happy.

Crown has been teaching Three Stripes words in the neumono's language so that he can communicate with them better. It is very hard and he's starting to forget his own words but he is okay with that.

Giant rides him out into other territory all the time to try and get food which is hard because there is a lot of competition for it. Sometimes Giant doesn't ride Three Stripes and just runs along his side, maybe she likes exercise. They often have to fight for food as well, and Giant keeps Three Stripes safe. Three Stripes isn't used to being the one kept safe, and he wants to be strong enough to keep Giant safe as well.

But right now Giant is resting. Three Stripes wonders if something is wrong because every day has been the same and Giant would bring Three Stripes out right now.
Expand all images
>>
No. 403709 ID: 97bd86

Try to get her attention. I dunno, tap her on the shoulder or something.

What all have you learned to say, just so we know?
>>
No. 403710 ID: 61e7f9

Wander around and check how the others are doing.
>>
No. 403716 ID: ed57e8

was she wounded recently?
>>
No. 403728 ID: aac65e

>>403707
Where are the others? Are they near?

if giant waifu is no more I will be sad forever...
>>
No. 403738 ID: c811c4
File 133519909240.png - (13.53KB , 700x700 , 363.png )
403738

Three Stripes has learned enough that he can understand most of what they say. Food, go, come, stop, and they are beginning to teach him individual names and how to count up to five. They also tried to name him something but he got them to teach them the word stripes so that he can say his first name in their language so that he can keep things simple so now they call him Three Stripes. It sounds different from when Silent said it to him so many she has a different set of words than these neumono. Language is hard.

Three Stripes nudges Giant.
>>
No. 403739 ID: c811c4
File 133519910555.png - (9.27KB , 700x700 , 364.png )
403739

Giant swats at Three Stripes and says "Leave, me, *****." Three Stripes doesn't know the third word.

There is no one else around. Everyone else is gathering food. Three Stripes doesn't think Giant is wounded at all and she looks okay except that she isn't moving much.
>>
No. 403741 ID: 97bd86

>>403739
She might just be having an off day.

Why don't you curl up next to her like some kind of giant cat? If she's resting I can't imagine she'd object to you also resting.
>>
No. 403742 ID: 61e7f9

What interesting places have you discovered? Just walk around near the camp. Not much to do right now but rest.
>>
No. 403745 ID: a9298b

sounds like it's exploration time.
>>
No. 403746 ID: 459534

She's not sick, is she? Or, um, "on the rag"? ...do neumonos even have that?

If she's in good shape you can go on your own. Maybe surprise her when she wakes up!
>>
No. 403751 ID: ed57e8

yeah maybe she is ummm.. "post ovulation"
>>
No. 403755 ID: f70e5e

try broadcasting a sense of concern. it seems like she is under the weather for some reason.
>>
No. 403769 ID: b85f8c

>>403739
Tried to convince anyone to let you eat a limb, yet? Or maybe just an ear?

Maybe you should emotion-broadcast that you are worried about her.
>>
No. 403790 ID: 2ed56b

Give Giant a bit wet lick. Giant is awesome and will definitely keep you safe, so if she's having any problems you gotta help her.
>>
No. 403793 ID: a2fa74

>>403739
Give a quick pulse of concern, then kiss her.
>>
No. 403800 ID: c811c4
File 133520561429.png - (13.98KB , 700x700 , 365.png )
403800

Three Stripes doesn't want to eat any part of these neumono because he would need to control them to make sure that eating them is painless and nice. If he ate them normally it would be so very painful for them and Three Stripes is willing to give up neumono food for that.

Three Stripes gives off a sense of concern, and Giant returns saying she is fine.

Three Stripes goes off to take a walk alone but is nervous, and so is Giant. As soon as Three Stripes approaches the leaf line, Giant yells at Three Stripes to come back and he is not sure what she wants from him so he goes to rest by her side. He just licked her and got swatted for it so he just lays down.

Then the Salikai appears through the leaves or maybe that is a different one it is hard to tell.
>>
No. 403802 ID: 97bd86

>>403800
Uh oh. I don't think this is good news.
>>
No. 403803 ID: 61e7f9

Radiate a giant sense of alarm, readiness, and come to me.

Stand and face the new arrivals.
>>
No. 403804 ID: b85f8c

>>403800
Yeah this could be very bad, what with the armed small things. Nudge her again with a sense of alarm.
>>
No. 403809 ID: 6e44d2

He looks a little mutilated.

Careful, you wouldn't want him to get short with you.
>>
No. 403811 ID: 369d34

Do radiate a sense of alarm and concern, but don't stand up or make sudden moves. Wait for Giant to respond to these arrivals. This situation might be normal, if not common.

>>403809
Looks like the salikai is stepping through the leaf wall. It's a little hard to tell.
>>
No. 403814 ID: e3f578

Express the fear and "HOLY SHIT" emotion
>>
No. 403818 ID: ed57e8

they have guns. those things hurt.
>>
No. 403820 ID: c811c4
File 133520776546.png - (11.50KB , 700x700 , 366.png )
403820

Three Stripes sets off alarms and tries to call any other neumono to him even though he can't sense anyone but Giant. The salikai isn't mutilated but it always looks like that whenever someone steps through the leaf wall.

Then Giant goes silent even though she's right here and Three Stripes can't sense her and Giant is trying to calm Three Stripes down but he is so very worried.

Giant tells the salikai something and then the salikai tells the small thing something and then Three Stripes can sense Giant again and gives her another kiss because she is okay. Giant tells Three Stripes it is alright. Giant and salikai start talking a lot and Three Stripes can't understand any of it. Salikai keeps on pointing at Three Stripes.
>>
No. 403821 ID: b85f8c

>>403820
I think we should try to calm down and focus on what they're saying.
>>
No. 403822 ID: 97bd86

>>403820
Okay, try to calm down a little bit. She seems to have the situation under control for the moment.
>>
No. 403824 ID: 61e7f9

Change the empathy emissions to caution, readiness, and come to me.

Wait and try to keep calm.
>>
No. 403825 ID: bccf7b

>>403820

We must stay with giant, for she is waifu and bestfriend.
>>
No. 403826 ID: 459534

I wonder just how intelligent Giant is...
>>
No. 403827 ID: ed57e8

looks like it wants you. maybe you could explain four stripes is still in the lockup place and he would be better for the salikai.
>>
No. 403829 ID: 459534

Same guy. Did she just shut off her empathic link for a moment?
>>
No. 403830 ID: 2ed56b

>>403820
Woah did she just shut off like that little blue silent neumono from earlier?

This is significant.
>>
No. 403833 ID: 369d34

Did Giant just go quiet like Silent did before? You didn't know she could do that! And she hid her emotions on talking with the salikai! What's going on?!

Emit a sense of confusion with a tinge of fear. Cower a bit behind Giant. There's something odd going on here, and you don't like it.
>>
No. 403834 ID: 04b86a

The little thing did something, and then Giant stopped being silent. Maybe the little thing had done something to block your empathy because the salikai thought you were controlling Giant and does not want that? That would mean he cares about Giant, which probably means he's Giant's friend and has no reason not to be your friend to.

Ask him if he's a friend.
>>
No. 403836 ID: ed57e8

>>403830
no t looks like they have a jammer. they thought we were controlling them not we were being friends.
>>
No. 403860 ID: c811c4
File 133521529954.png - (12.85KB , 700x700 , 367.png )
403860

Three Stripes tries to listen. They are using a lot of words and he doesn't understand much but he is sure the salikai said 'Polo' which might be the name of the silent one. There is also 'danger', 'fighting', and 'food' but Three Stripes isn't sure if any of the words have anything to do with each other here.

Three Stripes asks if the salikai is a friend, and Giant hesitates before saying kind of.

They keep talking and the conversation gets calmer and there is less pointing at Three Stripes. The salikai leaves, and Giant says she will have to leave tomorrow. Three Stripes asks for how long, and Giant says for two days.
>>
No. 403863 ID: 61e7f9

"Can I come with you?"
>>
No. 403865 ID: b85f8c

>>403860
Ask if you can come. Will it be dangerous?
>>
No. 403867 ID: b0d466

Three Stripes comes too, right?!
>>
No. 403874 ID: ed57e8

she goes, you go. no matter what. she says you stay you sleep now and wake up early but fake sleep and follow giant when she gets up.
>>
No. 403878 ID: 369d34

"What danger and fighting? Fight who? Fight Polo, the silent one? I come with, help!"

Why is she doing this for the salikai? Is she afraid of him? What did she feel when she said he's a "kind of" friend?
>>
No. 403912 ID: a2fa74

>>403860
"Know Polo.
Fighting, Polo Danger. Not fighting, Polo not danger."
Give her a flash of love
"Caution, mate"
>>
No. 403915 ID: ed57e8

>>403912
:I
>>
No. 403919 ID: 61e7f9

"I know Polo. Polo is friendly. Where is polo?"
>>
No. 403929 ID: 017c54

"Ah, my dear I believe that an individual called 'Polo' was brought up in your conversation with your acquaintance the Salikai. First I must again emphasize my distrust and fear of your chosen associate in both motivation and method. But more pressingly I am in relative good standing with miss Polo and believe I should accompany you my friend if indeed you intend on involving her. I must warn you that miss Polo is of great resilience in the nuances of strategy and warfare, so much so that I suggest you approach a diplomatic and mutually beneficial accord. Indeed miss Polo would make a more trustworthy ally over you mr Salikai. Not that I mean to insult the honor of an individual I have yet to acquaint."
>>
No. 403939 ID: 97bd86

>>403860
"Polo?"

Can you convey that you... well, you at least think Polo is something like a friend?
>>
No. 403946 ID: fa9f7e

>>403912
We haven't gotten that far yet.
>>403929
Sounds good to me. Then if anyone looks funny at us, go back to hulkspeak.
>>
No. 403971 ID: c811c4
File 133525142706.png - (9.56KB , 700x700 , 368.png )
403971

Three Stripes asks who Giant will be fighting and if he can come too. Giant says she will be fighting other queens from other tribes for food. It isn't dangerous, the fights aren't to the death, but the more she wins the more food the dispenser gives.

Three Stripes tries to use a lot of fancy speech to tell Giant that Polo is a friend and is dangerous, but gets stuck on the third word and just says Polo is dangerous friend. Giant shrugs and says the salikai said Polo is not to be killed. Giant did not feel any friendship from Giant towards the salikai, but sees the salikai as beneficial and not mean.

Giant says that she will be resting today for preparation for the fights, and Three Stripes isn't allowed to come to the fights and should stay here and wait a couple of days. The other neumono will take care of Three Stripes and Three Stripes wants to follow her but he isn't sure if he should do that.
>>
No. 403972 ID: bccf7b

>>403860

Yep, we definitely know "Polo". She is our creepyfriend.

Also, if Giant is going to be gone, we must give her extra hugs and stuff.
>>
No. 403973 ID: 99c568

stay here, but don't stop getting into shape. run, hunt critters, do something to build up your condition.
>>
No. 403974 ID: 97bd86

>>403971
If the fights are some sort of contest or something, things might go badly if you come along even though she's telling you not to. She might not get any food at all and that would be bad for everyone.

Still, a couple of days is quite some time. It'd be nice if there was something you could do...
>>
No. 403976 ID: 9cd02a

Lets go explore and make more neumono friends!
>>
No. 403981 ID: b0d466

Did it know where Polo was? Maybe we can catch up with our dangerous friend.
>>
No. 403991 ID: c811c4
File 133525594665.png - (12.99KB , 700x700 , 369.png )
403991

Giant says that she does not know where Polo is but apparently she has a tendency to get around and may show up eventually.

Three Stripes spends the day with Giant and the others and the others wish Giant to have good something. The next day when Giant has to go she gives Three Stripes a pat and tells him to stay put while she's gone but he doesn't want to stay still for two days. He hopes that Giant will have a good time and he hopes that he won't run into bad things when he goes exploring.

Three Stripes knows where the leaf line stops and there are open fields but he has never been there before. There are also areas still within the leaves that none of the neumono ever go to and they just say it's off limits.
>>
No. 403995 ID: 97bd86

>>403991
Are the other neumono around?

It would be more okay to head out with one of them, I'd think, if that's what you want to do.
>>
No. 404002 ID: 9cd02a

Yes carrying a neumono around and running fast would be a great exercise! And lets first go explore the place where the leafline stops, to gather some courage so we may later brave the off limit areas.
>>
No. 404004 ID: c811c4
File 133525808026.png - (8.41KB , 700x700 , 370.png )
404004

The other neumono are around but they said that Giant said to wait here until Giant comes back. Three Stripes puts on his best pouty face but they don't change their mind.
>>
No. 404007 ID: 99c568

then do some fucking weightlifting.
>>
No. 404009 ID: 97bd86

>>404004
Act despondent for a while. Surely one of them will try to at least make you stop doing that.
>>
No. 404010 ID: ed57e8

see if you can sense her far away.
>>
No. 404011 ID: 9cd02a

Hmm pacifying our new friends feels wrong but could we just pacify them for few seconds? Long enough for us to get out of sight and then run like the wind! To find other neumono friends or food or something else to impress giant and prove we are not usless.
>>
No. 404014 ID: a2fa74

>>404011
No.
You need to show her you can be trusted.
She wants you to stay here with the others? You can do that. It's sad that you can't be with her, but you don't want to make her unhappy!

Get to know some of the other Nuemono better while you're waiting. Are you good with children?
>>
No. 404015 ID: 4594e2

Seems like strength and speed training are the order of the day. Push-ups, sit-ups, any motion where you must move your body mass will work. Find a place within the group's area where you can dash back and forth. If it starts seeming easy, ask some of your not-to-be-eaten neumono friends to lay on you and hang on. Remember your goal, to be a better fighter beside Giant and the others.
>>
No. 404016 ID: bccf7b

>>404004

Let's make giant a castle! Because that way when she can come back, she can be queen of the castle!
>>
No. 404060 ID: c811c4
File 133526662519.png - (14.61KB , 700x700 , 371.png )
404060

Three Stripes is very good with kids but there are no kids around so he cannot prove it. Giant can't be sensed from so far away so she disappears and Three Stripes at least isn't lonely since usually there are other neumono.

Right now he will exercise but usually Giant has him run around and push things and he isn't sure how to do it right so he just starts flailing around and hope that moving is good enough.
>>
No. 404061 ID: c811c4
File 133526663205.png - (12.88KB , 700x700 , 372.png )
404061

He tries to build a castle for giantqueen out of leaves but it ends up just being a pile of leaves and then he can't make it bigger because the other neumono start lying on it between food trips.

Maybe he should get to know them better or maybe not because Three Stripes likes to keep things simple and he doesn't know if talking is simple.
>>
No. 404063 ID: 99c568

>>404061

socializing is good for the soul, man. talk to them. let 'em know you're a person.
>>
No. 404066 ID: 9cd02a

Yeah lets find out more about that crown wearing one, where did it get the crown? Can we get a crown too?
>>
No. 404072 ID: 97bd86

>>404061
You can at least try to talk. Only way you'll get better.
>>
No. 404081 ID: b0d466

How many neumono are in this hive? Can you tell them apart?
>>
No. 404106 ID: bccf7b

>>404061

Huzzah! We have made happiness :D

Let's try to learn more words. Then when giantwaifu comes back, we can show her how much we learned!
>>
No. 404109 ID: c811c4
File 133527488060.png - (13.64KB , 700x700 , 373.png )
404109

There are 10 neumono in this hive and Three Stripes knows all of them but some of them only a little bit.

He asks Crown about her crown and she says it made of special feathers off of a beast. It is very important to her because it was given to her by her mother and if Three Stripes wants one he will have to find and beat that beast.
>>
No. 404111 ID: 97bd86

>>404109
Do they have names for themselves? You managed to teach them yours, after all.

Maybe you could chat with one of the ones you don't know about, well... anything? You seem to know Crown better than most of the others.

I wonder what they think of you?
>>
No. 404112 ID: ed57e8

don't need to beat it, just rip out some feathers and run. get enough for a bracelet.
>>
No. 404116 ID: b85f8c

Ask if the beast was really tough.
>>
No. 404121 ID: c811c4
File 133527705754.png - (15.89KB , 700x700 , 374.png )
404121

Three Stripes asks if the beast is very tough. The giant says yes and that Three Stripes probably shouldn't try to find it.

Three Stripes can find out their names but it is simpler to just call them by what makes them different. They all are okay with Three Stripes, some are just okay but some of them including giant like him and that is good.
>>
No. 404124 ID: ed57e8

ask if there is an enemy tribe that ever attacks.
>>
No. 404150 ID: bccf7b

>>404121

I like her crown. It is cute :D

>>404124

Good point! Ask Crown if we have anything to worry about with Giantwaifu being gone~
>>
No. 404154 ID: 97bd86

>>404121
What do these guys do for fun (besides lay around in piles of leaves or neumono, that is)?
>>
No. 404213 ID: c811c4
File 133528565617.png - (8.45KB , 700x362 , 375.png )
404213

Three Stripes asks if things will be okay without Giant and if other tribes attacks. Crown assures him that everything will be okay, and the only time there is ever any fighting with other tribes is a once a month occurrence when the queens gather to fight each other for dispenser food, and even then that is only the queens.

Three Stripes asks what they do for fun besides hugs and cuddles. They seem confused and say they do not know.

Three Stripes finds this to be an absolutely appalling revelation.
>>
No. 404217 ID: 97bd86

>>404213
SHOW THEM FUN, THREE STRIPES
>>
No. 404219 ID: ed57e8

show them some games.
>>
No. 404233 ID: c811c4
File 133528694472.png - (6.87KB , 700x700 , 376.png )
404233

Three Stripes will show them fun! He will...

Three Stripes can't remember how to play any games! This is horrible!
>>
No. 404234 ID: ed57e8

uhh uhh uhhh TAG!
>>
No. 404235 ID: b6edd6

Catch?
>>
No. 404237 ID: 299ed3

Eat the Neumono?
>>
No. 404238 ID: 97bd86

>>404233
Tag is good! If you can't remember how that works, one person is "it" and has to try to "tag" (that is, touch) the other players, who try to avoid them. When you get tagged, you become "it" and you keep playing until everyone gets too bored or exhausted.


Um... try not to tag anyone too hard.
>>
No. 404240 ID: ec0bf5

>>404237
>>404238
>Um... try not to tag anyone too hard.
Or with the inside of your mouth.
>>
No. 404245 ID: b0d466

And don't go anywhere unsafe while playing tag!
>>
No. 404259 ID: c811c4
File 133528852615.png - (18.30KB , 700x700 , 377.png )
404259

Three Stripes teaches them no-eating tag! It is difficult to explain but eventually they get it and the leaves make it good to sneak up on neumono and it is fun.
>>
No. 404262 ID: c811c4
File 133528853776.png - (9.48KB , 700x700 , 378.png )
404262

But it doesn't last very long at all because they say they have to conserve their energy because this doesn't bring in food.
>>
No. 404264 ID: 61e7f9

Those mushrooms you used to have your friends get to eat. Where are those? Could we start growing them here?
>>
No. 404268 ID: 97bd86

Aww.

... Can you help get food or something?
>>
No. 404269 ID: b85f8c

>>404262
So that's why they lay about most of the time?

I guess you could draw in the dirt with sticks.
>>
No. 404271 ID: ed57e8

yes, the mushrooms! find some so you can start a mushroom farm.
>>
No. 404273 ID: c4a1fc

>>404271
Also, what did they grow on? Dead neumono bits? Some special kind of rotting leaf?
>>
No. 404285 ID: 369d34

>>404264
Doubtful there are any of those mushrooms down here, but you could ask if there's anything that grows around here that's edible. Something they could cultivate to supplement what they get out of the food dispensers.
>>
No. 404315 ID: bccf7b

>>404262

You know what this calls for? SNUGGLE PILE.
>>
No. 404324 ID: c811c4
File 133529867256.png - (14.43KB , 700x700 , 379.png )
404324

Three Stripes thinks of the mushrooms that grew in the caves and he thinks that they only would grow in the cave. And even if they grew here too he wouldn't know where to look for them and when Three Stripes asks if he can go and find other food they say he is supposed to stay here.

Three Stripes enjoys any snuggling and company but he doesn't like being stuck in a little tiny area so he is starting to want to sneak off even if he isn't supposed to.
>>
No. 404332 ID: 459534

Do eeeeeeeeeet!
>>
No. 404333 ID: b0d466

See if you can find something that is food like the mushrooms but can grow where the neumono live...once you sneak out~!
>>
No. 404336 ID: 459534

Give your buddies goodbye huggles/kissies before heading out (but don't wake them up)! =3

Also, a little late here, but I didn't realize Predators had this many teeth!
>>404259
>>
No. 404338 ID: 369d34

You don't like to be confined, even if it is much nicer than sharing that pen with Four Stripes. Time for exploration!

Turn your empathic link off, like you're going to sleep, give everyone a goodbye nuzzle, then sneak away before they wake. Once outside, try climbing a tree or tall rock to get a better view of the area, and what's above it.
>>
No. 404394 ID: 99c568

sure.
>>
No. 404413 ID: c811c4
File 133533145923.png - (244.41KB , 700x700 , 380.png )
404413

Three Stripes makes sure to give everyone a snuggle and sneaks off when no one is looking.

He goes off farther than he's ever been and almost falls down a cliff when a leaf wall doesn't lead to solid ground. It is very foggy and Three Stripes can't see far. He hasn't found any mushrooms or food yet and none of the dispensers had any food.
>>
No. 404414 ID: 61e7f9

Double back to check on camp then head off in another direction.
>>
No. 404415 ID: b0d466

What are those lights in the distance?
>>
No. 404416 ID: 97bd86

>>404413
Hmm. I'd be wary of getting too far afield...
>>
No. 404417 ID: 99c568

approach shiny things in the distance.
>>
No. 404421 ID: 459534

Carefully climb down that cliff. We need to check out those lights!
>>
No. 404427 ID: c811c4
File 133533849370.png - (309.78KB , 700x700 , 381.png )
404427

Three Stripes slides down the cliff and heads towards the lights. It is very quiet except for the wind. The lights are making a hum.
>>
No. 404428 ID: 61e7f9

GTFO. Double back to base, head in new direction. We have no idea what those things are. This area could be dangerous. And we have to make sure our friends stay safe. They are counting on us to be there for them.
>>
No. 404429 ID: 99c568

check where it sinks below the earth, or if it does so at all. it's probably a plant, but you gotta make sure.
>>
No. 404430 ID: 459534

If we always played it safe our quest characters would sit in an empty room all day and never move.

Touch the lights.
>>
No. 404443 ID: 97bd86

>>404427
You ever seen anything like those before?
>>
No. 404448 ID: ed57e8

get below the leafs.
>>
No. 404451 ID: 4594e2

Before you go rushing off in all directions, get some information. Your friends seem to be hunters and gatherers, but you know a few things about farming and herding. Find out what your friends eat, and communicate these ideas to them.
Meanwhile, examine these glowing things, and see if they're somethig you can dig up and bring back. Even if they're not food, being able to light up your area at night will help whoever's on the night watch see enemies and dangerous animals coming quicker.
>>
No. 404454 ID: b0d466

>>404429
Good plan. Try digging one up.
>>
No. 404466 ID: 369d34

Check if it shocks like the food dispensers do first. Poke it with a stick, then one paw, before starting to dig. Maybe see if the glowing part on one of the others can be pulled off, and taste it. Who knows, it might be edible.
>>
No. 404479 ID: b85f8c

>>404427
Uh, you could climb up the cliff again to get back, right?
>>
No. 404480 ID: c811c4
File 133534943774.png - (281.12KB , 700x700 , 382.png )
404480

Three Stripes has never seen lights like these before. They look heavy and it would be very difficult to drag all the way back but they smell sweet and edible. Three Stripes could at least try to bite one and then bring back a bulb or two and see if the neumonos like it. Nothing happens when Three Stripes gives it a poke or looks around at where it grows from.
>>
No. 404481 ID: 61e7f9

Grab a few and bring em back then. Get back and check on base I don't want anything bad happening to your friends while you are gone.
>>
No. 404482 ID: 97bd86

>>404480
Bring one back, but... don't try biting it yet.
>>
No. 404485 ID: b85f8c

>>404480
Do not bite. Try to grab it and pull it off, if it's not sticky. This could be a trap lure.
>>
No. 404486 ID: ed57e8

could be poison that doesn't smell like poison. rip one out and run back.
>>
No. 404487 ID: a04e35

Bring none back. Ask abut them later.
>>
No. 404503 ID: bf9d18

There must be a reason why the lights are here and there are non at the neumonos place. Stay away from them and go back to the village. Ask around if they know of them. if its not harmful then you can go back and carry some for you and the village.
>>
No. 404506 ID: 99c568

get some. don't eat any. show 'em to the others and see what they think about it. it's worth the risk because you might've discovered a new source of food.
>>
No. 404510 ID: ec0bf5

Don't try to eat it if you don't know what it is. Glowing things are probably not good to eat. I just hope it's not some kind of lure.
>>
No. 404621 ID: 369d34

Hmmm... If neumono could eat them, then wouldn't the hive have come down here to harvest some, instead of fighting for food at the dispensers? This field isn't that far away, right? So don't try to eat them and continue onwards. You can pick one on the way back.
>>
No. 404629 ID: c811c4
File 133536907883.png - (80.72KB , 700x700 , 383.png )
404629

Three Stripes isn't good at holding things but he can keep one and moves back looking around at all the metal walls.

Then a blasty gun shoots the bulb he was holding and Three Stripes freezes because that's all he knows how to do now when a blasty gun blasts.
>>
No. 404631 ID: 97bd86

>>404629
No sudden movements. Whoever took that shot clearly has good aim.
>>
No. 404632 ID: ed57e8

duck into the leaves and throw away the pod.
>>
No. 404651 ID: b85f8c

Look at where the shot came from.
>>
No. 404654 ID: 61e7f9

Duck and throw it away so they can see you tossed it. Start crawling back home. Stay as low as you can.
>>
No. 404656 ID: 99c568

try to see who shot at you but don't waste too much time doing so. just a quick glance. if it was a neumono you might be able to pacify it. otherwise run.
>>
No. 404658 ID: 369d34

Drop the bulb. Get flat on the ground, under the leaves. Shimmy back the way you came, and see if they take another shot at the bulb. Look at where the shot came from.

Is that red fog still around? You'll blend in once you get rid of that bulb. That's likely what they aimed for through the fog.
>>
No. 404660 ID: 459534

Your assailant is either a bad shot or doesn't want to kill you. I'm betting the latter.

Toss the orb and raise your hands to show you don't have it anymore.
>>
No. 404666 ID: b85f8c

>>404658
>aimed for the bulb through the fog
My god you're right. The shooter probably can't see us, they only saw the bulb move. Drop the bulb and get your camouflage on, triple-S.
>>
No. 404702 ID: c811c4
File 133541054522.png - (134.13KB , 700x700 , 384.png )
404702

Three Stripes drops to the ground and drops the light.

It is quiet. He can't see through the fog very well but he just started looking up and there are passageways in the air. Maybe the blasty gun is getting closer because Three Stripes is starting to be able to sense a neumono that he does not know.
>>
No. 404704 ID: ed57e8

they most not know you are a predator. stay silent until they get closer so they can't run out of range before you take control.
>>
No. 404706 ID: 61e7f9

Stay low, stay quiet. Try to pacify it and bring it over to you. We'll let it go after we figure out who it is and what it wants.
>>
No. 404709 ID: 97bd86

Stay down. No way do you want to get shot.
>>
No. 404711 ID: b85f8c

>>404702
What is its emotional state? Angry, curious, fearful, what?

Pacifying it is a good idea, as we have enough friends, and this one shot at us. After we get it closer and pacified we should ask why they shot at us.
>>
No. 404716 ID: fa9f7e

>>404706
That depends on whether it would be a good idea to let it go back and on how delicious it looks.
>>
No. 404719 ID: 369d34

Stay low and silent, in both the sound and empathic sense. Wait for the neumono to get within sight, then judge whether to pacify it or not. What's it emotional state?
>>
No. 404808 ID: 99c568

calm it down.
>>
No. 404863 ID: c811c4
File 133546361006.png - (227.67KB , 700x700 , 385.png )
404863

Three Stripes thinks that its emotional state is distressed. It is getting kind of closer but not coming straight for Three Stripes but when it is close enough Three Stripes starts trying to control it.

But it disappears when Three Stripes tries.
>>
No. 404865 ID: 61e7f9

Crawl away as fast as you can. This is dangerous.
>>
No. 404866 ID: 97bd86

>>404863
Try to head back, but stay low.
>>
No. 404873 ID: ed57e8

go towards were it was.
>>
No. 404878 ID: c811c4
File 133546687093.png - (22.96KB , 700x700 , 386.png )
404878

Three Stripes crawls back to escape and nothing else attacks him on his way back.

He is almost back to his home and his friends are looking for Three Stripes. They are kind of worried but also mad that he snuck off.

Three Stripes is in big trouble.
>>
No. 404879 ID: bdb3f8

you were teaching them a hide and seek game, right? that's why they couldn't find you.
>>
No. 404880 ID: 97bd86

>>404878
I'm pretty sure you knew you were going to get in trouble when you snuck out.

At least you didn't get hurt or anything.
>>
No. 404882 ID: ed57e8

say you are sorry and tell them what happened.
>>
No. 404885 ID: bccf7b

>>404878

Use your totally awesome pouty-cute-face and drawing powers to explain your fanciful tale of finding glowy things and that someone had a blasty gun!
>>
No. 404904 ID: 99c568

well shit. I guess you'll have to take it like a man.
>>
No. 404905 ID: 369d34

Project that you're really, really sorry you sneaked off alone. You were almost shot out there, so you won't do it ever again.

Do tell them that who shot at you was a strange neumono. When you tried to control it, it vanished from your senses, like Giant did when the salikai was here. It wasn't Polo, so you don't know how it did that.
>>
No. 404913 ID: c811c4
File 133547143970.png - (20.90KB , 700x700 , 387.png )
404913

It's horrible and Three Stripes feels horrible but he still won't control them even though he could. He emits that he is very sorry and sad and they feel a little bad back for hitting him because of it but they want to make sure Three Stripes doesn't go off on his own again and Three Stripes tells them he'll never do it again.

He tells them of the balls and they get all serious and ask if Three Stripes ate it and said that it is a sleeping poison and that monsters underground will rise up and be able to track where the bulb is and finish off the one who ate it.

Three Stripes also tells them there was a neumono that vanished like Giant did when the salikai came. They said that a salikai sometimes has a device that blocks their links, but they don't know about any other neumono that is allowed to have one.
>>
No. 404914 ID: 9cd02a

So the neumono was helping us, i wonder who it was.
Well if we promised not to go off alone maybe we can go with our friends when they go forage food or something.
>>
No. 404915 ID: 97bd86

>>404913
Sheesh. Good thing you didn't eat that, then.
>>
No. 404919 ID: e3f578

>>404913
Man, they don't own you. You're not some pet, you're part of the hive. Ask them to not demean you in such a way, you're not stupid or less than them. They don't have to treat you like a child that needs to be beaten to learn.

You're not naive, you know the world is dangerous.
>>
No. 404922 ID: b0d466

You wanted to find them food so they could play with you! But you couldn't find anything like the mushrooms. :<
>>
No. 404932 ID: 61e7f9

"Fuck you, I do what I want. You don't own me. I'm not a pet. I'm your friend. I'm your team mate."
>>
No. 404940 ID: c811c4
File 133547753376.png - (18.67KB , 700x700 , 388.png )
404940

Three Stripes realizes he is getting treated like some pet, but he's not some pet, he's one of them! He tells them that, and gets up from getting hit.

They don't like that at all. They tell him he is a pet, and only accepted as much as he is because of his link.
>>
No. 404945 ID: 98b0f6

I retract my previous post. Get what information you can out of them, control them to stand aside, and leave. Maybe you can find a way back up to the tunnels you used to live in.
>>
No. 404949 ID: f70e5e

of course your only accepted because of your link, that's like saying to people can only get along because they can communicate. neumono cant really get along with anyone they can't emotionally link with. ask them how well any of them would be accepted without there link.

are the ones talking to you are the ones who are only ok with you? that could explain why they are being mean about this. if they are your are arguing with neumono who don't like you very much and no good will come of prolonging the argument. just say something like "I am a person not a pet, if you disagree that is your problem" and then just walk away.
>>
No. 404952 ID: 97bd86

>>404940
Protest.
>>
No. 404954 ID: ed57e8

"i could kill you all if i wanted to, but i don't because i WANT to be your friend. i am trying my best but you need to try too"
>>
No. 404958 ID: c4a1fc

Controlling them is a bad idea and will only piss off Giant and we'll never get Giantwife.

Offer to prove you're not a pet, and ask as to the whereabouts of any rival tribes. Then control the rivals and have them tapdance.
>>
No. 404959 ID: 369d34

Emit a feeling of disappointment and sadness, like you've been fooled. Say that only wanted to be part of their hive; To have the company of neumonos without control over them. You still do. You'll stay in line with the hive, and do what you can to prove your worth from now on. However, if they're never going to treat you better than a dumb animal, you're going to leave.

>>404945
There's a post delete function here, you know.
>>
No. 404960 ID: 97bd86

>>404959
Also this.
>>
No. 404970 ID: b0d466

That is upsetting! You thought they really liked you without you controlling them and you weren't eating them or anything like that and now they are being mean to you! D:
>>
No. 404972 ID: 641a0b

>>404959
>>404949

+
>>
No. 404976 ID: 61e7f9

Broadcast angry, upset, betrayed. Head out again in another direction. Don't let them stop you.
>>
No. 404984 ID: 13d5ea

>>404959
Best
>>
No. 404990 ID: c811c4
File 133548191151.png - (11.51KB , 700x700 , 389.png )
404990

Three Stripes just wanted to be part of them, on equal ground, and he tells them that. Three Stripes tells them he'll prove he's not a pet, if he can get to an enemy hive. They just say he's not allowed to go to an enemy hive.

Three Stripes repeats he's not a pet, but they repeat that he is. Even the ones that like him, and still do like him, say they never thought of him as a real neumono. He is welcome to stay, they say, but now their thoughts are in the open, and they don't think he is a real member of the hive, just an outside friend at best.

Three Stripes makes sure to let them know he is mad and disappointed and sad and everything as he starts walking away. Some of them don't want him to leave, but aren't changing their mind about him stopping him and Three Stripes isn't sure he wants to stay here anymore. Maybe another hive will accept him. He has already broken rules before, and doesn't care about the salikai's rules.
>>
No. 404992 ID: 61e7f9

"An outside friend is fine. But I'm not a pet. If you don't like me as a free individual, tell me and I'll go somewhere where I am considered free."
>>
No. 404993 ID: 13d5ea

The only thing to do now is go find our silent friend.
She never treated you like a pet.
>>
No. 404994 ID: ed57e8

we don't know how giant feels. she may think of us as something more. find another hive an if they are mean take control of them and then find that bird that crown talked about and have your controlled ones kill it and get the feathers. and make a better crown for giant. and drag back the corpse for food.
>>
No. 404996 ID: ae3c6f

>>404990
You know you're not a neumono, but you're not a pet either.
>>
No. 404997 ID: b0d466

Yeah, you still like Giant, right? Maybe you should come back when she's due to get back from the fight.
>>
No. 405001 ID: 369d34

>>404996
Yes, you know you're not a neumono, and that they wouldn't accept you like one. You would have been fine being a friend of the hive, but not as a pet, and definitely not beaten like an animal. You're going to leave and see how these other hives will treat you, but you'll be back before Giant returns. You want to know what she really thinks of you.
>>
No. 405007 ID: c4a1fc

>>404990
Are you hungry? Control and eat them.
>>
No. 405022 ID: c811c4
File 133548726575.png - (16.32KB , 700x700 , 390.png )
405022

Three Stripes says goodbye and may come back later to says he might come back to say goodbye to Giant too but he really just misses her and wants to see her again.

Three Stripes isn't sure where to go now because the dispensers he knows about are claimed by the neumono and he doesn't think they'll let him have any and dispensers farther in the leaf caves have monsters so Three Stripes might need to go out in the open again and try to find something. He is kind of hungry but can't bring himself to eat anyone from that hive.

He isn't sure where to go to escape to find another hive or maybe the silent one.
>>
No. 405024 ID: ed57e8

find a dispenser farther away.
>>
No. 405025 ID: b0d466

Find another hive

Eat them
>>
No. 405031 ID: 97bd86

>>405022
I guess you'll need to go out in the open again, then.
>>
No. 405034 ID: 22dceb

Perhaps it's time to try to link up with Polo & co. God knows she could use your help.
Let's explore and look for a way out of this Salikai's area. The leaf-walls must end somewhere: why not head through 'em until we hit something more substantial?
>>
No. 405039 ID: 369d34

You could try to find where Giant is, just to know where she is. No clue which way to go, though. Maybe head to the pen you were in with Four Stripes, find a wall and follow that.

If you get really hungry, as a last resort you could go back to the pen with Four Stripes. He'll be obnoxiously smug, but it's better than dying of starvation. You probably wouldn't be able to get out easily again, so this option is definitely Plan Z.
>>
No. 405049 ID: 369d34

>>405039
Actually, don't try to find Giant. If you get near the competition, she would get accused of trying to cheat with your help. She and her hive would lose, big time, and she'd be furious with you. So if you do get near a bunch of fighting neumono, pull back; It may be the competition.
>>
No. 405086 ID: a2fa74

>>405022
Go wait between where Giant went and the hive. Tell her you aren't a pet, but the others think you are. Ask for a chance to prove you're more than a pet to her and the others.
>>
No. 405108 ID: b85f8c

>>405022
You could go back to where Four Stripes was.
>>
No. 405121 ID: 3ce5b2

You could go wiggle one of those glowy orbs again. That seems to make neumono come. Then you can eat them.
>>
No. 405173 ID: f74559

>>405034
This
>>
No. 405176 ID: c811c4
File 133554909131.png - (18.42KB , 700x700 , 391.png )
405176

Three Stripes heads to the pen with Four Stripes but the door is locked and he can't get it open and when he bangs on the door Four Stripes doesn't answer so he heads through the leaves. He goes far and far and eventually runs into a wall. He hasn't found any dispensers.
>>
No. 405182 ID: ed57e8

grab onto a crack or hole and pull it open.
>>
No. 405184 ID: 6e44d2

Might just have to control the neumonos and eat them.
>>
No. 405192 ID: 97bd86

>>405176
Can you climb over that?
>>
No. 405217 ID: 6f4add

go somewhere you didn't go before. don'tr stop looking until you find non-suspicious-looking food.
>>
No. 405227 ID: c811c4
File 133556592382.png - (14.88KB , 700x700 , 392.png )
405227

He still does not want to control the hive yet but might if he will starve but he hopes it won't come to that. The walls are metal and strong but Three Stripes might be able to pry one open. It will take a long time.

But it isn't like he has anything better to do and he wants to leave.
>>
No. 405228 ID: c811c4
File 133556601730.png - (118.58KB , 700x700 , 393.png )
405228

It is dark and metal.
>>
No. 405229 ID: c4a1fc

>>405227
You know there are other hives without Giantwife in them. Go near-ish to that competition place and follow some back to their tribes if we can't find anything useful in this dark metal place.
>>
No. 405230 ID: 6f4add

proceed with caution.
>>
No. 405231 ID: ed57e8

woah. is this a dead hive living place? check it out.
>>
No. 405233 ID: 97bd86

>>405228
Whooaaaaaaaaa.

What's in here?
>>
No. 405234 ID: 61e7f9

Investigate with caution.
>>
No. 405235 ID: 369d34

Doesn't look like there's anything edible back here. Doesn't look like there's anything alive back here. Can you hear or smell anything living?

Hey, maybe the conduits that deliver to the food dispensers come through here. Finding where the food is stored would be good to know. Raiding it, if you can, would be even better. Break through where you could get back to the leaf jungle, and look for big pipes sticking out below where ground level is where you're standing.
>>
No. 405236 ID: e3f578

This reminds me a little of Aperture Science's big crashed space thing in the early sections of Portal 2.

Careful, there are big drops here, but there's a light, so try to investigate it.
>>
No. 405255 ID: 369d34

>>405236
Yes, finding a spot to enter that doesn't have a big drop would be a good idea.
>>
No. 405296 ID: 0221b4

Anybody else see the vaguely creature-like silhouette about one inch from the left edge of the pic and two inches from the bottom ?
>>
No. 405312 ID: 57f548

>>405296
Yeah. Looks like a hole.
>>
No. 405378 ID: 9cd02a

Make a loud bark and listen if there is an echo.
You can bark right?
>>
No. 405419 ID: c811c4
File 133562119380.png - (99.05KB , 700x700 , 394.png )
405419

Three Stripes is able to climb down, all of the metal on the wall is crumbling but still can hold Three Stripes' weight.

There are many buildings here. They are all empty and everything is dirty. Three Stripes doesn't know much about buildings but he does know a thing or two and he notices there are blasty gun holes in some of the buildings but most are just old and falling apart.

There is a big tower that reaches into the ceiling or an area deeper back behind a more broken wall or just lots of little buildings.
>>
No. 405421 ID: c4a1fc

>>405419
Explore all the things. All of them. After you make sure they can take your weight, of course.
>>
No. 405464 ID: 97bd86

>>405419
This place is a little creepy.

Uh, can you get up into the tower? We might get a view from up there.
>>
No. 405484 ID: 13d5ea

>>405464
Yeah the tower's as good a place to start as any.
>>
No. 405488 ID: bbee3d

Go to the tower and see if you can get into that lit section. Also keep an eye out for anything you could eat - a place like this might have some sort of small vermin living in it.
>>
No. 405511 ID: c811c4
File 133564351032.png - (151.67KB , 1000x500 , 395.png )
405511

Three Stripes heads to the tower. The doors are tiny and made for neumono sizes but Three Stripes can fit in them if he wants.

Three Stripes wishes that skeleton still had neumono meat on it so he could eat something.
>>
No. 405512 ID: ed57e8

push all the ^
>>
No. 405519 ID: 97bd86

>>405511
Hey, it looks like some of the stuff in here might still work.
>>
No. 405524 ID: 6f4add

push butan and hopefully receev bacon.
>>
No. 405527 ID: 369d34

Check the dust on the floor for recent tracks. Especially neumono tracks.

You must push all the buttons. It worked for you before, so it'll work for you now.
>>
No. 405532 ID: c811c4
File 133565335513.png - (29.81KB , 700x700 , 396.png )
405532

All of the buttons are hit, and Three Stripes hears a humming through the walls.

He checks the dirt on the ground, and finds a set of tracks that move back and forth. He cannot tell what they are, but they are not neumono.

Three Stripes is not an expert tracker, but he notices there is still dust over the tracks so they are probably not very recent. Maybe.
>>
No. 405533 ID: ed57e8

wait for the humming to stop and go in the little room that opens. then push the least dusty button.
>>
No. 405539 ID: b0d466

where do they goooooo
>>
No. 405545 ID: 369d34

Down here, tracks, even old tracks, are of interest. Follow them. You can always come back here.

Keep sniffing the air for anything other than dry dust and old death. There'll likely be a breeze where there's a way out.
>>
No. 405761 ID: 97bd86

>>405545
Seems about right.
>>
No. 405764 ID: 6f4add

>>405761

indeed.
>>
No. 405808 ID: c811c4
File 133575783630.png - (141.45KB , 700x700 , 397.png )
405808

Three Stripes follows the trail to the only place where it could have come from. Three Stripes doesn't smell anything new but the hallway he comes to is much bigger than before.

He does not like the buzz that the lights make in here.
>>
No. 405824 ID: ed57e8

... is that a microwave security hallway? you aren't a tozol. follow the tracks backwards.
>>
No. 405827 ID: fa9f7e

Quick! Floor is lava! Walk across by gripping the sides of the walls. It'll be hard, but it'll see if you're in shape or not.
>>
No. 405828 ID: 61e7f9

Proceed carefully. If you get hurt at all run back to where you came from.
>>
No. 405832 ID: 369d34

There's something off about this hallway. That buzz sounds like the food dispenser, right before it shocked you. Grab some long bones from the neumono skeleton and throw a few in to see if anything happens.
>>
No. 405953 ID: 6f4add

>That buzz sounds like the food dispenser

you gotta teach me how to hear words sometime.

proceed ever so slowly.
>>
No. 405983 ID: 6e44d2

Don't go in there. You don't want to be microwaved. Go back to the other place. Press the buttons again. Step in one of the doors that opens.
>>
No. 405991 ID: bccf7b

>>405808

I somehow want to imagine it's either the over-the-top use of halogen/florescent in a decaying facility, or it's some kind of touchless sterilization passage.

Considering there are no conveniently placed dots on the wall to put your mitts on, I'm assuming the former.

Either way, before proceeding, let's be smart and carefully touch the floor ahead of us while paying attention to our surroundings. If the noise gets worse or things change, we get out of there!
>>
No. 408018 ID: b85f8c

>>405808
Are the lights on the top making that noise, or on the sides? Try poking at the floor and the sides, those panels look odd.
>>
No. 408529 ID: c811c4
File 133626198716.png - (135.41KB , 700x700 , 398.png )
408529

A meatless neumono bone is grabbed by Three Stripes and then thrown in and nothing happens so that's good. Three Stripes slowly and carefully makes his way across the hall. On a closer looks it looks like the lights on the panels are all actually shiny big rectangle holes that Three Stripes could put his fingers into.
>>
No. 408530 ID: 299ed3

Stick a bone in there and see what happens.
>>
No. 408531 ID: fa9f7e

Push another meatless bone in. See what happens.
>>
No. 408567 ID: 369d34

Insert bone in hole.

A long bone is a useful tool. Maybe carry one in your mouth.
>>
No. 408606 ID: 61e7f9

Use the bone as a hook to try to pull each panel when it gets in there. Those might be drawers.
>>
No. 408616 ID: bccf7b

>>408529

Maybe they are vents that blow air?
>>
No. 408632 ID: fb950a

Duck your head down and look through, Three-Stripes. See what there is to see. Then consider boning the holes.
>>
No. 408793 ID: c811c4
File 133631045748.png - (116.33KB , 700x700 , 399.png )
408793

Three Stripes picks up a large neumono bone and pokes around in the hole. He can't pull very hard because the bone doesn't hook well, but then Three Stripes hears a clank behind the panel and something pokes the bone and that is not doing Three Stripes' nerves any good.
>>
No. 408803 ID: 6d6017

poke it back.
>>
No. 408816 ID: fa9f7e

>>408793
Er. Did you hit something that poked the bone, like a protruding bit of metal, or did something actively poke it and then withdraw?
>>
No. 408817 ID: 5029d1

okay, forget that and walk down the hall. keep bone handy.
>>
No. 408846 ID: 369d34

Wait... Could these be cages? Lean down and look through the holes. Sniff the holes as well.
Keep that bone with you. An object to stick in things that isn't your finger is good to have.
>>
No. 408867 ID: b85f8c

Take a peek.
>>
No. 413187 ID: d10f72

take a peek
>>
No. 413305 ID: fb950a

Resuggesting looking through the holes.
>>
No. 415254 ID: c811c4
File 133774503848.png - (127.45KB , 700x700 , 400.png )
415254

>Did something actively poke it and then withdraw?
Three Stripes is confident that this is what happened.

>Sniff
Smells like nothing.

>Take a peek
This hole is funny and Three Stripes can't see through it easily but Three Stripes might be able to stick a paw in and maybe pull on it to open the panel thing.

>Look at other panels
Three Stripes does the same thing with poking around with the bone a bit and there are a couple more pokes but sometimes nothing.
>>
No. 415257 ID: 132b99

ignore slots, go down hall.
>>
No. 415258 ID: b85f8c

Pull on the panel in a spot where there's no poke.
>>
No. 415262 ID: fdad59

>>415258
This sounds like a good idea. Wonder what these things are. Cages?
>>
No. 415267 ID: b9e291

This is getting boring, and is not food. Pull open the panel thing, and if that's not interesting either check the back of the room for more exits or food or buddies.
>>
No. 415270 ID: c811c4
File 133774729873.png - (70.86KB , 700x700 , 401.png )
415270

Three Stripes opens one that didn't make a poke.

There is a funny thing inside but it is not food and Three Stripes is kind of sure it is not a friend either.
>>
No. 415271 ID: 132b99

grab it and pull.
>>
No. 415277 ID: fdad59

Poke your nose in that slot in the back and sniff, then try and look inside. Give the cable a yank at the same time and see if anything happens.

Next try opening one of the cages that poked back. Only a enough to peek inside.
>>
No. 415285 ID: c811c4
File 133774972262.png - (10.14KB , 700x700 , 402.png )
415285

The metal thing doesn't do anything with Three Stripes pulls on it.

Three Stripes pulls on its rubber tube things instead and it is stuck so Three Stripes pulls harder and then it gets a lot easier to pull and there is an end to it. The light turns more red and now it is flashing.
>>
No. 415286 ID: c811c4
File 133774976654.png - (68.12KB , 700x700 , 403.png )
415286

Three Stripes will move to another panel now and put his head very low on the ground to peek through the bottom to see one of the ones that did poke his neumono bone.
>>
No. 415287 ID: c811c4
File 133774978427.png - (9.42KB , 700x700 , 404.png )
415287

poke
>>
No. 415288 ID: 299ed3

...Are your eyes made out of marshmallow?
>>
No. 415289 ID: 132b99

rip it out and rip the door open.
>>
No. 415290 ID: b85f8c

>>415287
Ow. Okay.

Don't fool with the jerkass robots in the cubbyholes. Move along to the end of the corridor. We know they can't exit the cubbyholes so they are harmless so long as we don't stick anything in the slot (or put our eye near them)
>>
No. 415293 ID: fdad59

...Ow. OK, don't freak out. That'll make things worse. Hold the panel shut with one paw, grab the metal poke-y thing with the other, and slowly move your head away from it. I really hope that'll heal up, eventually.

There's nothing but nasty little eye-poking metal things in here, so continue on down the hall. Maybe you'll find where they store the food for the dispensers.
>>
No. 415311 ID: c811c4
File 133775314512.png - (64.68KB , 700x700 , 405.png )
415311

The panel is closed again before the metal thing comes out all the way.

Three Stripes isn't crying he

he had something in his eye.
>>
No. 415312 ID: c811c4
File 133775315418.png - (18.19KB , 700x700 , 406.png )
415312

There is only a door at the end of the hallway.
>>
No. 415313 ID: 886a4d

Stairs, the question is do we go up, or do we go down? In any case open the door.
>>
No. 415314 ID: 132b99

while your regen is amazing, that WILL heal up right?
open door.
>>
No. 415315 ID: 132b99

>>415314
*isn't
>>
No. 415319 ID: b85f8c

>>415312
May as well.
>>
No. 415321 ID: e3f578

>>415315
I believe eyeballs, while incredibly sensitive, are very sturdy and strong. It should be alright for anything that has better regenerative abilities than a human, because a human's healing factor might still even repair their own eye from that. These predators are relatives to Neumono, so it's likely superior to a humans despite being inferior to a Neumono's.
>>
No. 415329 ID: fdad59

Open the door and take a look in. Will you heal from that eye-poke any time soon?
>>
No. 415331 ID: b9e291

Pokes are bad! This is not a fun place. :(
>>
No. 415344 ID: 082302

Make a note to scavenge some safety glasses if you can. Bound to be some in a lab.
>>
No. 415376 ID: 440525

I don't think his eyes are made of marshmallows.
>>
No. 415378 ID: c811c4
File 133777761363.png - (24.54KB , 700x700 , 407.png )
415378

No Three Stripes' eyes are definitely not fluffy food of any kind. His eye will heal for sure he hopes but it will take awhile and it hurts so much.

He goes through the door and there is just rubble and trash and broken metal and there is an exit on the other side and oh wait.

Wait.

There is a neumono here and Three Stripes knows this one it is one of Silent's friends but Three Stripes isn't sure that this one is friendly to Three Stripes. It is somewhere in the other room and it is searching the place but isn't feeling much.
>>
No. 415379 ID: fa9f7e

>>415378
Look as harmless as you possibly can and try talking to it.
>>
No. 415381 ID: 132b99

say some of your new neumono words to it, like 'friend' and
>>
No. 415390 ID: 699da6

try greeting it.
>>
No. 415392 ID: bccf7b

>>415378
Nightmare Before Three Stripes?
>>
No. 415404 ID: bdb3f8

>>415381
His new neumono friends didn't sound like silent's group very much. It might not work, but it can't hurt to try I guess.

It totally can
>>
No. 415421 ID: 082302

Best way to handle this is to maintain head-radio silence and be as passive as you can. If you think you can safely control it, do it and you can release it later after distancing it from any weapons. Otherwise make like the french.
>>
No. 415422 ID: 132b99

>>415421
problem is, silent could be with them. you can't tell cause she is silent.
>>
No. 415427 ID: b0d466

Try asking where the silent one is! Maybe she's around too~!
>>
No. 415454 ID: fdad59

Is it the one that the third predator, the one that was killed by Silent, tried to control, back when they first showed up in the spire? Yeah, he's not going to react well if you pop-up suddenly, even if you are mind-silent. He'd think you were lying in ambush to empath-control him, and fight. Best to stay back where you can duck into cover, keep mind-silent, and call out "hello" in the neumono language you know.
>>
No. 415465 ID: b9e291

The green long thing taught you how to pacify, so if the neumono attacks you can do that. You don't want to eat its mind though. Silent would be way mad if you did that.
>>
No. 415579 ID: c811c4
File 133783457319.png - (13.29KB , 900x497 , 408.png )
415579

Three Stripes heads across the room to where the new one is coming.

>Look as harmless as Three Stripes possibly can
....

Three Stripes says 'friend' but the purple eyed one doesn't speak the same language as Giant and the others so he doesn't understand.

He starts backing away slowly. He says something Three Stripes can't understand and he is scared. Three Stripes knows this one well so Three Stripes can pacify purple eyes very quickly if need be.
>>
No. 415580 ID: b0d466

If he's saying something, he's probably talking to someone. Maybe it's your silent friend! Don't pacify him even a little unless he starts threatening you--you want to make a good impression on the silent one, should she be here.
>>
No. 415584 ID: fa9f7e

That position is probably one of the best you could take; it showcases your harmlessness. Keep it up, you suck at CQC, you'd get killed by gunfire regardless of your position, and you can still pacify/MC them if needed from that.
>>
No. 415585 ID: 132b99

show him your eye is hurt and try Vaota.
>>
No. 415586 ID: 04b86a

Do you remember your old word for peace? Polo probably taught him that word.

Wait, isn't this the one you and Four Stripes drove crazy with that peace/fight thing? Express an apologetic feeling to let him know you're sorry about that.
>>
No. 415587 ID: b85f8c

Look around. Maybe he's not scared of you?

Anyway you can say Vaota and 'emit' peace like you did with Silent originally, that will probably work better.

Also get up, you look ridiculous.
>>
No. 415590 ID: fdad59

...Yep, that's looking pretty harmless (and adorable.) Stay that way, and don't make any sudden moves.

Don't pacify Purple-Eyes; Silent will get angry if you do. Instead, emit a feeling that you're glad to see him, and that you'll be cooperative and helpful. Silent knows one or two words of your old predator language, so try saying "hello," "friend," or "peace" in that as well.
>>
No. 415623 ID: b9e291

You don't need to look unthreatening. He knows in your head is more threat than in your body (which is a wimp). That said, you are absolutely adorable your psychic belly rub waves are breaching the dimensions and OH GOD MUST RUB BELLY
>>
No. 415654 ID: 699da6

>>415623

yyyyyyyye-e-e-e-thhh.
>>
No. 415657 ID: 440525

DO NOT PACIFY HIM, we all know what happened last time we did that.
>>
No. 415678 ID: c6ec33

>>415579
Don't pacify him unless he tries to hurt you.

Use various words you know for peace/friendship, and emit feelings of the same.

Use only slow, deliberate movements, and act passive until he seems more comfortable with you.
>>
No. 415681 ID: c811c4
File 133787943902.png - (17.81KB , 700x700 , 409.png )
415681

Three Stripes lets Purple Eyes know that he doesn't mean any harm. The neumono gradually turns okay with this and Three Stripes is sure that he isn't pacifying the neumono so it should be okay.

Three Stripes' bad eye is shown and Purple Eye grimaces but feels apologetic. The neumono probably doesn't know how to make Three Stripes' eye any better, so Three Stripes tells, through empathy, that he is very hungry.

Purple Eyes gets more nervous and says that he knows where a food silo is.

Three Stripes is happy now that there is food and can stay here for...

Three Stripes didn't think this far ahead and doesn't know what to do anymore. Also this neumono looks like he is all alone. Maybe Three Stripes should introduce him to his new red friends but oh wait no Three Stripes is supposed to be mad at at his hives because he was a pet.
>>
No. 415682 ID: c891d3

>>415681
I think it's pretty obvious that hugs are the correct course of action at this point.
>>
No. 415683 ID: 132b99

after eating show him the poker things. maybe he knows what they are.
>>
No. 415684 ID: 440525

TO THE FOOD SILO MUSH, MUSH
>>
No. 415687 ID: 61e7f9

Lick him on the head and follow him to the food area.
>>
No. 415691 ID: 699da6

don't hug him, he'll shit himself. go eat.
>>
No. 415699 ID: fdad59

Food?! Food! Go stuff yourself silly. No telling when you'll next get a chance to eat, so make this one count.

Once your belly is full, come back here and show Purple Eyes the strange poking metal things. He might know what they are, or what to do with them.

After that... You don't know. You're not going back to Giant's hive soon, 'cause they were jerks to you. How about following Purple Eyes, and helping him? That sounds all right.
>>
No. 415724 ID: b85f8c

Isn't this the food silo right here?

Try to ask where Polo is. Personally I think what we should do is prove to the red hive that we're more than a pet. Bringing back something valuable, or something that only you can use that makes you more valuable should help us in that endeavor.
>>
No. 415830 ID: 5c94e7

>>415681
Nuzzle the guy, mebbe hug if you can figure it out.
Let him ride on your back.
>>
No. 415936 ID: c811c4
File 133794592414.png - (8.91KB , 700x700 , 410.png )
415936

Three Stripes already is waiting for the food and now the the neumono hits a button and the silo whirrs and then we wait for for food some more and then food arrives and it is good
>>
No. 415937 ID: c811c4
File 133794593319.png - (10.94KB , 700x700 , 411.png )
415937

>Lick him
Three Stripes lets him know that he is happy now and Three Stripes thinks that this one has a fear of tongues so Three Stripes will stop
>>
No. 415938 ID: c811c4
File 133794595748.png - (11.32KB , 700x700 , 412.png )
415938

>Hug
Three Stripes decides maybe he doesn't want a hug so he asks nicely by making a hugging pose and now he is afraid of hugs too and Three Stripes thinks that there is something terribly wrong with this neumono.
>>
No. 415939 ID: c811c4
File 133794597174.png - (13.13KB , 700x700 , 413.png )
415939

Then there is showing Purple Eyes to the Poke Eyes and Three Stripes tries and tell him to protect his eyes so that he doesn't become Purple Eye but that is complex. So Three Stripes just opens one of the broken ones.

Speaking of complex Three Stripes doesn't know how to ask where Silent and other friend is.

Purple Eyes isn't sure what all of this eye poker thing is about but he takes a metal piece and then it flashes and then it is put back away in Purple's pocket.
>>
No. 415940 ID: b28ec2

>>415937
I'm laughing too hard to make a suggestion...
>>
No. 415941 ID: 835f4e

Well, I would say, purple has already some kind of plan of what to do now. And it most likely includes getting to other neumono/his group. So why not just follow him for a while?
>>
No. 415957 ID: b9e291

Hey! He fits in the drawer! No fair!

Show him the flashing red light. You know what a shining red light means. A door!
>>
No. 415991 ID: fdad59

Maybe Purple Eyes is lost? How about showing him the where that hole into the red leaf jungle you made is? He might get his bearings from there. Try and get him to ride on your back so you can get there faster.

>>415937
While this is hilarious, Purple Eyes probably has a deep fear of being predator-controlled again, so keep the touchy-feely under wraps, for now.
>>
No. 416178 ID: 1444d5

Point at your injured eye, then tap on the panel with the poke-eye, and dramatically step away from it.
>>
No. 416688 ID: c811c4
File 133821266044.png - (32.38KB , 700x700 , 414.png )
416688

>Show him the red flashing light
He is a little confused and Three Stripes doesn't think that Purple Eyes knows what it means either.

>Point at the panel with the poke eye robot, point at own eye, step off dramatically
The neumono gets the idea and backs away as well and wants to leave. So does Three Stripes.
>>
No. 416689 ID: c811c4
File 133821267250.png - (252.12KB , 700x700 , 415.png )
416689

So Three Stripes shows him over to where the red leafland is but he shakes his head and Three Stripes means that means no. He tries talking to Three Stripes and slowly manages to convey that he thinks that Three Stripes should stay here. Three Stripes tries to tell him that Three Stripes wants to follow Purple Eyes then but the neumono shakes his head more.
>>
No. 416690 ID: f2cd76

>>416689

convey your confusion. why not?
>>
No. 416692 ID: 09e5bf

>>416690
Or, if it's easier, convey your disappointment.
>>
No. 416717 ID: 132b99

try to convey that other neumono are up there.
>>
No. 416724 ID: c891d3

>>416689
Convey that you really don't want to stay here.
>>
No. 416726 ID: e3f578

Tell him you're lonely and just want friends who think you're equals.
Or at least try to convey that.
>>
No. 416737 ID: fdad59

Project that you're disappointed and a little sad that you can't follow him, but you understand and will stay here. Purple Eyes probably has good reason for you not to follow him, as well as being a bit afraid of you.

Oh, hey! Maybe if you tell Giant's hive about this place, they'll be nicer to you. Especially tell them about the food dispenser they can use without fighting off others. Then they can move down here, and you wouldn't be lonely living here.
>>
No. 416758 ID: 5e6646

>>416737
The only flaw in this plan would be the terrain between there and here of which they are afraid of...
>>
No. 416778 ID: c811c4
File 133824626596.png - (8.73KB , 700x700 , 416.png )
416778

Three Stripes tries to convey all sorts of things to him, that he is disappointed and a little mad and lonely and confused and want a friend and that Three Stripes doesn't want to stay here.

A feeling comes back from Purple Eyes that says he thinks it is dangerous, and other things and Three Stripes thinks that Purple Eyes also thinks that Three Stripes would be an inconvenience and that is not good.

Three Stripes doesn't want to go with Purple Eyes if he isn't wanted so Three Stripes has to decide if he stays here or goes back to the red hive.
>>
No. 416781 ID: b9e291

Let him go alone to wherever he thinks is too dangerous for you, but stealthily follow along behind him to see where he's going.
>>
No. 416793 ID: f2cd76

go hiveways.
>>
No. 416800 ID: c811c4
File 133825122777.png - (11.92KB , 700x700 , 417.png )
416800

Three Stripes tries to follow but is not very sneaky so Purple Eyes can tell when Three Stripes is following. Purple Eyes moves to go into a small little door that Three Stripes can't find into and Three Stripes is twice as sad now as he's being left alone again. Purple Eyes is telling Three Stripes that he is very sorry for leaving and something else but Three Stripes can't tell.

Three Stripes is starting to think maybe he should go back to the red hive but doesn't know what to say to them.
>>
No. 416801 ID: 132b99

stick head into building.
>>
No. 416804 ID: b85f8c

>>416800
Let's stay here and explore some more. We have a source of food so we won't starve. We can go back to the red hive when Giant is due back. The others may treat you like just a pet, but she actually wants you to improve. To be something useful, not an inconvenience.
>>
No. 416811 ID: f2cd76

bawl.
>>
No. 416815 ID: fdad59

Have a little cry that you're going to be alone for at least a little while now.

Now that you know where to get food, you can explore this place and maybe find stuff that Giant or her hive would be glad you brought back or told them about. It's going to be a while until Giant comes back, so you've got time. Start by following the wall between this dead area and the red-leaf forest. You might even find more neumono to be friends with!
>>
No. 416821 ID: c811c4
File 133825808842.png - (124.34KB , 700x700 , 418.png )
416821

>Stick head in door
There is nothing more and Three Stripes is afraid of getting stuck and that would be bad.

>Bawl
Three Stripes does that for awhile and he whines and cries and there is no one to answer. There is no red hive and there are no old neumono friends because the mean hive killed them.

>Explore
There is not much here. It is all broken and sometimes just big piles of rubble where buildings have collapsed all of the way. Three Stripes sends out feeling to try and get neumono to come for him and nothing happens for a long time. There must have been a lot of neumono here once but now there is not.

Then a lot of time passes and Three Stripes senses that one neumono that shot at him.
>>
No. 416826 ID: 35037c

Look at him/her and try to communicate, if shot at run.
>>
No. 416827 ID: 132b99

hide
>>
No. 416828 ID: fdad59

Keep your empathic link off, and work your way behind him, keeping the ruins and rubble between you two. Try and get a good look, without him seeing you, then attempt to communicate. Open by broadcasting a sense of friendliness on the same hive "frequency" as him. If he doesn't run off, or attack, move close enough to shout to him while staying behind cover. If he goes hostile at at any point, attempt to pacify him while fleeing.

By the way, how's your eye healing up?
>>
No. 416829 ID: b85f8c

Emit peace, as is standard procedure. See how it reacts.
>>
No. 416833 ID: c811c4
File 133826163466.png - (7.75KB , 700x700 , 419.png )
416833

>How is the eye?
It hurts a lot when Three Stripes tries to open it but it is tolerable otherwise.

Three Stripes hides in a building nearby and tries to communicate peace.

It says vaota.
>>
No. 416840 ID: c811c4
File 133826317056.png - (14.34KB , 900x600 , 420.png )
416840

Three Stripes takes a look out. It looks like the silent one but she is not silent and Three Stripes doesn't recognize her mind.
>>
No. 416843 ID: 8ffedb

The one that shot you was the silent one right? Try and get look at it.
>>
No. 416845 ID: b9e291

>>416840

It even has bandages like the silent one. That's a strange coincidence! Anyway you haven't been shot at so it should be safe.
>>
No. 416848 ID: 8ffedb

Convey curiosity to her, try and figure out what she wants. Also be careful, might have gone crazy.
>>
No. 416850 ID: b85f8c

>>416840
That is probably her. I don't know why she isn't silent. Didn't you learn her name? Polo? Try saying it.
>>
No. 416854 ID: 04b86a

She looks like the silent one and she knows your word for peace. I'd say it's probably her, but it couldn't hurt to check.

"Polo?"
>>
No. 416858 ID: 35037c

holy cow polo you scared me (but you probably can't say that so convey curiosity)
>>
No. 416862 ID: c811c4
File 133826461774.png - (10.94KB , 700x700 , 421.png )
416862

It is hard to remember but Three Stripes does remember her name so he says Polo. She says Polo back. She is Polo. He thinks. He is still not sure.

Three Stripes conveys curiosity to her because he doesn't know what she wants from him. She points to Three Stripes' bad eye and is holding more bandages in her other hand.
>>
No. 416865 ID: c891d3

>>416862
I think she has a plan. Roll with it.
>>
No. 416866 ID: 299ed3

Lick her.
>>
No. 416867 ID: 35037c

Yeah just roll with her and let her bandage your eye.
>>
No. 416877 ID: fdad59

Let her bandage over your eye while get a read on what her emotional and empathic state is. Did you ever get a read on Polo/Silent's mind before? You can't really say if this is Polo or not based on that unless you read her empathic link before.
>>
No. 416879 ID: e3f578

Bounce up and down playfully and wiggle your butt.
Then persist in the fact that you're not a pet, but looking adorable helps relations form and eases tension.
>>
No. 416909 ID: dcd48d

>>416862
Convey a feeling of thanks and let her bandage you, then do your best to figure out her plans and how you can help. If anyone can see you as a friend/ally and not a pet, it's her.
>>
No. 416914 ID: b9e291

>>416909

It's true... she never did act as if you were a pet or an enemy. What else but friend?

BUDDY
>>
No. 416927 ID: c811c4
File 133830151109.png - (13.14KB , 700x700 , 422.png )
416927

Three Stripes wiggles around but Silent tells him to stay still. She washes out Three Stripes' eye and bandages and it hurts again but it feels a lot cleaner and Three Stripes licks Silent and she is neutral like she didn't notice now and that is very strange. Three Stripes wants to know what her plans are and if Three Stripes can help but Silent lets Three Stripes know that it is very dangerous and that he shouldn't follow.
>>
No. 416928 ID: 886a4d

Radiate determination. Silent helped you and you want to help her. No matter how dangerous it is.
>>
No. 416929 ID: 6fe4ee

>>416928
That, also say friend in whatever language you think she will get.
>>
No. 416936 ID: a5c529

She is the silent one, go with her.
>>
No. 416938 ID: 8ffedb

You should try and communicate that you are all alone now, sad that your friends are dead, and just looking to belong to a group again. Also gratitude that she fixed your eye.
>>
No. 416940 ID: c811c4
File 133831098842.png - (21.71KB , 700x700 , 423.png )
416940

Three Stripes tells Silent that he is very determined and doesn't care how dangerous it is. He is also very alone and sad and all of his friends are dead. He does thank her for the eye bandage because he still appreciates her. She goes and grabs a stick or something and starts drawing in the ground and it is hard to see but Three Stripes thinks that she is drawing some neumono underneath a floaty ship with arrows pointing to herself and Three Stripes and maybe a salikai. She still is saying it is too dangerous.
>>
No. 416941 ID: 132b99

grab at one of the drawn neumono faces, bring your hand to your face and make a biting action. enemy neumonos get ate.
>>
No. 416943 ID: a5c529

Keep up that determination
>>
No. 416944 ID: 886a4d

If it is neumino she is against Three stripes can help. He WILL help her. Hug her. Tell her she'll have you at her side. If she goes alone she might die. You can't let that happen.
>>
No. 416945 ID: a5c529

>>416941
Yeah actually do that.
>>
No. 416950 ID: c811c4
File 133831616015.png - (11.65KB , 700x700 , 424.png )
416950

Three Stripes says that he will help her. He grabs the neumono drawing and takes a bite and then he realizes he should have just bit at it rather than actually try to eat the dirt and now there is bad taste.
>>
No. 416951 ID: c811c4
File 133831617063.png - (12.74KB , 700x700 , 425.png )
416951

But then he hugs her and tells her that he will definitely help her and that he is very worried. She is indifferent and she still feels unrecognizable from the old silent.
>>
No. 416952 ID: c811c4
File 133831618099.png - (13.70KB , 700x700 , 426.png )
416952

She starts drawing again. Silent doesn't think Three Stripes can do much about that one.
>>
No. 416957 ID: b0d466

Counter with GIANT

Giant could totally take on Rokoa...right?
>>
No. 416958 ID: 132b99

>>416957
in physical combat perhaps. so long as rokoa doesn't have blasty guns it should be fine.
>>
No. 416960 ID: a5c529

I don't think anyone can kill rokoa alone (get all of old hive together.
>>
No. 416961 ID: e3f578

>>416958
Simple idea, mud wrestling to the death is the challenge
>>
No. 416962 ID: e3f578

>>416951
Also, dude, since she's bandaged she was probably hurt a lot earlier. Is it possible that you're having trouble recognizing her because the physical trauma has changed her mental make up a little?

Or maybe a neumono in depression seems unrecognizable to the same Neumono in a normal or manic state?
>>
No. 416965 ID: c811c4
File 133832050222.png - (14.86KB , 700x700 , 427.png )
416965

>Trouble recognizing her because of physical trauma
Three Stripes doesn't know maybe that could be the case or maybe she is in a bad mood it is hard to tell now.

He uses his claw to draw in Giant. Giant is bigger than the toothy one. Then Silent draws in a blasty gun and says that Giant will die.

Silent then draws herself pointing a gun at toothy. Silent thinks that she can kill Toothy, but Three Stripes has doubts. He doesn't let himself convey that though.
>>
No. 416969 ID: e3f578

>>416965
You know what, fuck it, draw in the sand that you're confused by what's up. Like, are there two Polo's around or what?

Draw the silent polo with arrows going in then bouncing off that we all know and love, maybe dot it with a few hearts

Then draw her again with a few arrows actually penetrating through with question marks replacing the hearts around her. Then say "Vaota Polo" for the old one, then "Different Polo" for the second one (or whatever you want that could signify difference or weirdness).
>>
No. 416976 ID: fdad59

>>416969
Yes, you are confused and concerned about the change in Polo, and also why her empathic link isn't silent. Draw the two Polo heads facing each other, the old one with the calm eyes, and the new one with the angry, frowny eyes.
>>
No. 416977 ID: b9e291

Hum...

Draw Silent. Then draw the new Silent. Maybe they know each other?
>>
No. 416978 ID: a5c529

>>416977
yeah sure
>>
No. 416984 ID: b0d466

give the drawing of giant a blasty gun as well!
>>
No. 416995 ID: c811c4
File 133832631225.png - (9.00KB , 700x700 , 428.png )
416995

Giant is drawn with a blasty thing and silent draws in laser beams that miss toothy a lot.

Then Silent draws in the old Silent and the new Silent. He tries to mention that she is not Silent and then she goes Silent suddenly just to show that she can. Three Stripes knows when she understands what he means about the old one and the new one though and it is not good. She is offended.
>>
No. 416997 ID: c811c4
File 133832635655.png - (6.83KB , 700x366 , 429.png )
416997

She is leaving.
>>
No. 417001 ID: f2cd76

BAWL
>>
No. 417002 ID: b9e291

Oh noooooooo!
>>
No. 417004 ID: e3f578

I said question marks not crossed out hearts! The arrows were suppose to bounce off the first one, and then they were supposed to go through for the second one!

Three Stripes you are terrible with the ladies when you're not mind controlling them!

Whine at her. "Voata, Voata!"
>>
No. 417006 ID: 132b99

you need her help with somethign though. the othr neumonos treat you like a pet
>>
No. 417007 ID: b0d466

>>417004
Say, this gives me an idea! Is she still silent, or can you mind control her? She obviously is thinking of fighting this toothyface alone, and that's no good!
So mind control her and go get giant and all the problems will be solved forever.
>>
No. 417008 ID: fdad59

Oh no! What did you do?! You didn't mean that! You made a mistake! You still like Polo!

Radiate a sense of apology and say "sorry" in every way you know how. Try and convey you drew that wrong. However, if she keeps leaving, don't follow. She's going to be offended for at least a while.
>>
No. 417011 ID: e3f578

>>417007
This gives me an idea off of your idea to get Rokoa off her back.
Rokoa won't care about killing a braindamaged Polo, there's no challenge, fun, or meaning behind it. If we can teach her to fake being a braindamaged predator slave, Rokoa may just leave her to her fate (or mercy kill her and kill 3S as payback for taking her vengeance/glory). We can also keep the others we care about safe with the fakeout plan too.
>>
No. 417017 ID: 04b86a

What? No! We don't hate her, she just doesn't feel like she used to so we're confused and worried and we're sorry for putting it that way so please don't leave us!

>>417007
No, bad! No mind control!
>>
No. 417020 ID: b0d466

>>417011
That reminds me, did we ever fully control Rokoa to the point of brain damage?

Let's brain damage Rokoa.
>>
No. 417021 ID: c811c4
File 133833404932.png - (43.96KB , 700x551 , 430.png )
417021

Three Stripes doesn't know how to write a question mark! He flings himself in front of Polo and makes sure that she knows that he is sorry and didn't mean it like that and that he still likes her very much and doesn't want her to go.

>Brain damage Toothy
Three Stripes can't seem to get a hold on that one and Three Stripes doesn't konw why! Three Stripes thought that she was pacified before but then she did things she shouldn't have anyway.

Silent just stands there. She is silent now.
>>
No. 417025 ID: b0d466

You can take Polo to see the red tribe, draw lots of neumono in the dirt, with giant leading against Toothy

How long has it been since giant left? She said she would be gone two days...
>>
No. 417027 ID: 132b99

try to say you met a tribe and they are always hungry so they ether sleep or eat.
>>
No. 417043 ID: b85f8c

Try to ask if she thinks you're like a pet.
>>
No. 417057 ID: e3f578

How do you even know what a heart symbol is? I mean, as oppose to the actual heart organ? I figure the question mark is an easier to understand symbol in relation to love and affectionate symbols.

Roll onto your back and motion for a belly rub.
You may not want to be a pet, but you know pet-like behavior is a quick way into neumono's metaphorical hearts when not mind-controlling them. And this one understands your intelligence enough to not consider you a real pet, just a dangerously intelligent creature with social needs.

Or try petting HER on the head and give her a belly rub or tickle.
>>
No. 417065 ID: fdad59

>>417057
Hell, no. You don't want to be thought of as merely a pet, so don't act like one. Especially don't treat Polo like one. That's condescending, and will make her think less of you.

Get up, and scratch in the dirt that you'll give Polo a ride on your back to where she needs to go in here, if she wants. You know she has places to go and things to do, and you won't follow.
>>
No. 417103 ID: 886a4d

Show that your sorry you gave the impression that you wanted to enslave her. Then give out concern. Gesture to the first picture on Polo; point up and go completely Silent. Gesture to Polo in front of you and broadcast the feelings you've felt from her lately. Finally broadcast your confusion. Maybe even shrug your shoulders.... That should help clarify what you meant.
>>
No. 417111 ID: c811c4
File 133834819321.png - (13.69KB , 700x700 , 431.png )
417111

>How do you know what a heart symbol is?
Three Stripes has seen neumono draw them before but doesn't know where they learned it from.

Three Stripes points up and goes silent, then points at Silent and conveys what she feels like now, and then concern. She is getting angry again so Three Stripes changes topic quickly. It is hard to communicate to ask if she thinks of Three Stripes as a pet but he draws pictures of his old hive and that just makes him miss them.

Silent starts drawing other neumono in lines. There are 7 other groups and each one has a giant neumono in it. When she finishes, Silent stops being silent and wants to leave again. Three Stripes quickly draws Silent riding on Three Stripes' back but she declines and is going alone and she is insisting and this is terrible maybe Three Stripes should just wait until Giant comes back because she should be back home tomorrow.
>>
No. 417112 ID: b85f8c

Ask why she's going to meet the 7 tribal leaders.
>>
No. 417113 ID: 132b99

one last drawing. draw a food thing. ask if there are more around. gather ALL the food from them. coming back with a ton of food will make them at least not be too mad about you leaving.
>>
No. 417115 ID: fdad59

You've probably reached near the limits of Polo's patience. Best not to delay or press her for anything more right now. You trust that her reasons for not bring you are valid, and likely for your safety, and hers. Wish her well, and head back into the ruins, towards the spire. You've got a day to kill until Giant comes back, so check out those doors and buttons you saw near the cages, and look for broken routes up, other food dispensers, and tunnels that go under the red-leaf forest. When you go back and tell Giant's hive about this place, they might want to move in here, and the more you know, the better.
>>
No. 417118 ID: a5c529

>>417113
yes, gifts and flattery
>>
No. 417169 ID: dcd48d

>>417113
This, also ask if there is a place you can meet up later, remind her that your mind powers are valuable and she could use you to beat other neumono or maybe even distract the sharp toothed one at a key point in a fight.
>>
No. 417380 ID: c811c4
File 133840020003.png - (161.65KB , 700x700 , 432.png )
417380

Three Stripes tries to ask her why she is meeting the 7 leaders but she is confused and Three Stripes doesn't know how to ask that so he draws a food thing instead and wants to know more. She points to the one Purple Eyes gave and then another building as well so now there are two silos and so Three Stripes lets her go and wants to meet up later but she remains silent and walks away. He will try to find out if he can help later he hopes.

Three Stripes will pass the time looking around until Giant returns.
>>
No. 417381 ID: c811c4
File 133840020751.png - (97.68KB , 700x700 , 433.png )
417381

>>
No. 418233 ID: 55c4cf

duck under the big blue beams before they crush your head!
>>
No. 418292 ID: d79664

>>418233
*thumbs up and lulz
>>
No. 421917 ID: c811c4
File 133965628753.png - (16.05KB , 700x700 , 434.png )
421917

The next day...

Three stripes didn't find anything new but then it's giant and giant is back and giant is here and Three Stripes can sense giant and she is here and Three Stripes can say hi to her and be happy and
>>
No. 421918 ID: c811c4
File 133965630233.png - (7.66KB , 700x700 , 435.png )
421918

Wait a minute how did Giant find Three Stripes.
>>
No. 421919 ID: 132b99

maybe someone pointed where you went. quick find a food thing. get foods for her.
>>
No. 421922 ID: 886a4d

Silent must have told her where you are.
>>
No. 421927 ID: b0d466

Does it matter? She's baaaaaaaaack~!
>>
No. 421933 ID: b33427

How did Giant know you're here? Only Silent and Purple Eyes saw you. Perhaps one of them told Giant, or brought her here? Eh, whatever. Run to where Giant is. Uh, though check what her mood is first. She could be pissed off at you for running off.

Oh, and it feels good to finally have your eye healed up, doesn't it?
>>
No. 421936 ID: b85f8c

>>421918
Get a look from a distance. Assume that an abnormal situation is dangerous until shown otherwise.
>>
No. 421938 ID: c811c4

>Healed eye
His eye is still bad, it was an art error, sorry!
>>
No. 421942 ID: 886a4d

She must have won a fight and is glad to see 3-Stripes as well. Explain the best you can that you felt slighted that the others felt you nothing more then a pet so you went off to prove yourself. And you found food, and pokey things, and Silent too.
>>
No. 421944 ID: c811c4
File 133965849102.png - (17.79KB , 700x700 , 436.png )
421944

>Does it matter?
noooooo

>Get food
Three Stripes ate all the food from the last serving from the food thing so he feels bad now!

Three Stripes is going to her!

>Look from a distance in case things are dangerous
He keeps a distance of a few feet!

Giant is there and she is big and wants to know what happened while she was gone and she is in a good mood which doesn't make any sense because she is beat up and why
>>
No. 421947 ID: 132b99

she is beat up cause she got in a fight, but is in a good mood cause she won. anyway, explain the others were treating you like a pet but you want to be an equal member of the hive so you went to find things so they would have to be nice to you. you found food things in here.
>>
No. 421949 ID: b0d466

Well first you played with the tribe but they got tired and said they had to rest so you went looking for food for them but found something scary instead so you went back to the tribe and they hit you and said you were a pet which you didn't like so you left and you found this place with the eye poking things and saw your silent friend again and she's going to fight too and now giant is back and you are happy
>>
No. 421955 ID: c811c4
File 133965940955.png - (12.29KB , 700x700 , 437.png )
421955

Three Stripes doesn't know how to say pokey things or Silent but he does say that he messed up his eye and there was another neumono.

But mostly he says that the others were treating him like a pet and was getting hit and he doesn't want to be a pet he wants to be a member of the hive.

Giant says it doesn't matter whether or not Three Stripes is a pet or not and that he should stop being ridiculous because either way he was already a member of the hive.

Also that he should stop being a wimp because the hive considers Three Stripes worth hitting which is better than being given up on and abandoned.
>>
No. 421964 ID: 431fa8

>>421955
But it does matter, because if we wanted someone to be a pet we would just make neumono the pets. Then we would have a whole pet hive. But that wasn't what we wanted, and being a pet is even worse than that.
>>
No. 421965 ID: 132b99

you've had pets. your pets would work all day and eat enough to live. and then you would eat chunks of them as thanks. you don't want to be a pet.
>>
No. 421967 ID: b85f8c

>>421955
Ask if you can stop being a wimp and get stronger that they'll treat you more like an equal. But she has a point either way. These guys like you, and want you to be safe. That's a good situation.
>>
No. 421969 ID: b33427

Hearing Giant say you're a member of the hive is the bestest thing! ...And yet, you still want to be thought of as more than a pet; Maybe not an equal, but better. Perhaps that's something you'll have to earn, so you'll work extra hard! You won't be a wimp, and you'll show them you are better than a pet!

Now you want to show Giant all the things! There's the food silos, and the stabby metal things, and buttons and strange doors, and lots and lots of rubble and dust, and... Well, there's not much more than that, but you'll show Giant anyway!
>>
No. 421970 ID: b0d466

Stop being ridiculous, three stripes! MAN UP PREDATOR THING!
>>
No. 421980 ID: e3f578

>>421955
You don't like being disrespected, restrained. You want to contribute and have choice like the other neumono. Here's the thing about being treated like a pet, it's like being treated like a child. She should understand where your coming from in that perspective. You're a fucking adult, not a child. Okay, you need training, but so do other adults in jobs they don't know.

It's humiliating. A home is nice, but self-respect is nicer. Not to be too prideful, but some pride is good in life, you know? Wait, how do you know these concepts? Do you? Huh.

You ain't no bitch is what you're trying to get across, even if you ain't no good fighter. If you're a good fighter, you ain't a bitch, but the opposite does not apply.

If there's a reason you don't want you going out somewhere, tell him that. You're smart and stuff, but shiiiiiit you have needs and desires and have to take risks sometimes, unless these risks involve other people, then it's understandable to give orders. But shit son, if it's just a risk for you, well hell go eat, have fun, see if someone you care about is okay, the works. You ain't a child.
>>
No. 421985 ID: c811c4
File 133966229485.png - (12.12KB , 722x700 , 438.png )
421985

Three stripes says that he is happy to hear that he is or was a member but it does matter if he was a pet because if he wanted anyone to be a pet then he would just make a pet out of the entire neumono hive and that isn't what Three Stripes wan--

Giant grabs Three Stripes and she is offended. She says that Three Stripes is stronger than when she met him but is still weak and dumb for thinking that he could make a pet out of her and her family.
>>
No. 421986 ID: c811c4
File 133966230240.png - (15.49KB , 700x700 , 439.png )
421986

But Three Stripes says that he is sorry and that he meant that he wouldn't make pets of them even if he could! Three Stripes can tell that she took that the wrong way.

He is sort of lying because he can make pets of them if he wanted to but he doesn't want to, and he doesn't say this and that is good because Giant accepts his apology and hugs him. And it is a nice hug but also scary because last time Three Stripes blinked she looked like she was going to bite his other eye out.

And wait a minute! Three Stripes says that they even said that they didn't think of him as a real member! Giant says that is because they must not know Three Stripes very well and therefore they are dumb. She will hit sense into them.

Three Stripes asks if he can someday be an equal. Giant says that 'pet' isn't used in a condescending manner that he thinks it is and that she loves him either way. Three Stripes still says that he felt like he was being disrespected and he doesn't like that. Giant says that if any of them really disrespected Three Stripes then Three Stripes would know.
>>
No. 421987 ID: 132b99

yay. giant is so smart. let's go home. and come here to get food from the things when we can so the hive has more food.
>>
No. 421988 ID: b0d466

Ask how the match went. She won, right?
>>
No. 421989 ID: b85f8c

No more complaints. Tell Giant you found more food here, so good things came of this.

Also tell her you love her too.
>>
No. 422007 ID: c811c4
File 133966613549.png - (17.61KB , 700x700 , 440.png )
422007

Three Stripes asks how many matches she won and she says that she won five out of seven, so she is only missing two teeth this time.

Then Three Stripes says there is food dispensers but Giant says no. They aren't allowed to be here and Giant is only here because Three Stripes is, and she is bringing him back.

So Three Stripes goes back with Giant.
>>
No. 422008 ID: c811c4
File 133966614363.png - (15.21KB , 700x700 , 441.png )
422008

Giant and the others get along well together since hives are supposed to but she still says what Three Stripes is. A member of the hive. And she is the queen so no one disagrees.
>>
No. 422017 ID: b85f8c

>>422008
Yay. Now apologize to the others for running away and being a wimp.
>>
No. 422019 ID: b0d466

Training montaaaaaaaage?
>>
No. 422020 ID: e3f578

Speech!
I dunno. Do we still got shit to do?
Time Skip?
Hugs? Nap time? Martin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" time?
>>
No. 422041 ID: a2fa74

>>422008
Kiss giant. Ask if she would like you as a lover.
>>
No. 422051 ID: 132b99

>>422041
not yet, we need to be super badass. and probably beat her in a fair fight.
>>
No. 422078 ID: c811c4
File 133969891327.png - (11.64KB , 700x700 , 442.png )
422078

Three Stripes still apologizes to the others and then kisses Giant and says he loves her back because he does. Giant says to quit being sappy and get to work on getting food because there is lots to do.

Three Stripes is so happy again and won't mess things up again because Three Stripes will be like this forever.
>>
No. 422079 ID: c811c4
File 133969893069.png - (13.54KB , 700x700 , 443.png )
422079

2 weeks, 5 days. 2 days until Rokoa and I meet again.

We haven't received trouble from the Salikai for occupying their cave, because they have bigger things to worry about. The war hive above is getting bombarded again with constant, around the clock artillery strikes. They're constantly digging in to make new bunkers, and at this rate, one of those hives up there is going to poke a hole in this place. Then this place is done for.
>>
No. 422081 ID: 505b2f

How are you, Rikek and Rakae doing? And are you still planning on going through with the whole duel thing, instead of running away?
>>
No. 422086 ID: 8d0fee

How was seeing Three Stripes?
>>
No. 422094 ID: b33427

Man, got a load of questions: What have you, Rikek and Rakae been doing, and what have you found out, in the last nineteen days? How are you all holding up? What's the supply situation? Lose any gear? Is Kork still alive and stashed somewhere? What's Rokoa been up to? Is Tirrik alive and working with Rokoa? What have the salikai been doing in light of the imminent threat of a breach? Does it look like they're staying, or packing up to bug-out?
>>
No. 422101 ID: 082302

Is it me or did Giant also catch some of that intensity from Polo. Maybe the Salikai are flooding the place with a drug that makes Neuomono bat-shit angry.

Anyways, Polo you need to get your shit together. You've gone off the deep end with this you-hate-rokoa thing. Three-stripes definitely knows you're not yourself.
>>
No. 422102 ID: fed066

This is a terrible vacation.
>>
No. 422110 ID: c811c4
File 133970689954.png - (15.89KB , 700x700 , 444.png )
422110

>How was seeing Three Stripes?
Somehow relieving to see he isn't dead.

>Kork and Tirrik
Kork is still restrained. Cooperative enough to not try and escape constantly, but not enough to work with us at all. Never did decided what to do with her, and we've gotten used to the war hive's presence somehow. Still don't like it. Tirrik is still missing, presumably hanging around with Rokoa.

>Gone off the deep end
Rakae seems to think so. It's made obvious enough, considering how distant I've felt from her.

>What are the Salikai doing?
No idea. Something that doesn't involve me, they've even reiterated to me that they will leave us alone as long as we stay out of the way and avoid tampering with this sector as much as possible.

>Rakae and Rikek
We don't talk that much anymore. Rakae is sad all the time and Rikek is scared all the time. That doesn't get in the way of them being functional and competent, however.

>What has Polo found out?
The state of above ground is about it. We're not kept in the loop, and trying to get a salikai to tell us this more would involve danger that may not yield a thing.
>>
No. 422113 ID: b85f8c

Did you visit the future site of the duel? You should learn the terrain there.
>>
No. 422121 ID: c811c4
File 133970950781.png - (13.05KB , 700x700 , 445.png )
422121

>Visit the site of the duel.
This idea is a good one.

"Rakae, I'm going out?"
>"Where to?"
"Scoping the duel site."
>"Mind if I come? You have to go through this section, and there are probably arkots on the way to the train station."

Funny that she should just name the reason why I wouldn't want her to come.
>>
No. 422124 ID: b85f8c

>>422121
You think she can't handle the danger, but you can? Don't insult her skill. Take her with you.
>>
No. 422126 ID: e3f578

>>422121
She's all that's left of your hive. Before your training, you were a part of it like everyone else. To pull yourself together, your going to reduce the distance between her and you. Reestablish who you were, or get a taste of it again.

I don't think no one that worked on your special stealth neumono thought project has managed to record the side effects yet, and you've been doing this for years. Under this stress, whatever undocumented side effects there may be might be even more pronounced. You didn't evolve naturally into this ability of yours, you had to train it. You're neumono biology itself might have disagreements of it along with the stickler neumono culture.
>>
No. 422166 ID: b33427

Now why wouldn't you want somebody watching your back? And what trouble would the arkots be? Really, take Rakae along; She still wants to help, even with the distance between you. Oh, and tell Rikek where you're going on the way out.

How much have you been thinking about your chances against Rokoa? About what lengths you would go to to end her? What price would you pay?
>>
No. 422441 ID: c811c4
File 133974806628.png - (135.40KB , 700x700 , 446.png )
422441

>What lengths would you go to end Rokoa?"
Somewhere past the horizon where I can't see.

So what happens after I kill Rokoa, I don't know. I suppose if there is something beyond that, I'll want Rakae by my side as well.

After letting Rikek know we're leaving for awhile, we head out.

Our second grappling hook is repaired. Rokoa still has the first one ever since taking the bio armor.

I get in a tree to scout out what I can see from the tram station.
>>
No. 422442 ID: c811c4
File 133974807631.png - (20.26KB , 857x577 , 447.png )
422442

The train is absolutely packed with the damn things.
>>
No. 422444 ID: b85f8c

Huh. That's weird, it looks like they're moving to attack something. Do they engage in much military action usually?

Regardless we can't use that tram. Wait for the next one, or we can just walk.
>>
No. 422508 ID: e3f578

Actually it looks like they're commuting.
"Hey Bob, back to the old grind today, huh?"
"I miss my vacation all ready, Tom. I barely had one with the new little one around."
"How's the missus?"
"Same ol' Same ol'. Still bitchy in the mornings, afternoon, and evening."
>>
No. 422557 ID: b33427

Well, you're obviously not going to be riding inside the tram. What about clinging to the undercarriage? There any way to get into the station track trench undetected? How about spots to use as hand and foot holds on the underside of the tram? It's probably too risky, but otherwise it's going to be a long-ass walk, with possibly no way to enter the Volcanic Sector.
>>
No. 423025 ID: c811c4
File 133983380852.png - (55.87KB , 700x700 , 448.png )
423025

The next one is no better, so we'll walk through the tram's sideway. I have no idea what they're doing. Seeing an arkor or two per train is frequent enough, but seeing it packed is something else altogether. We only need to enter the sideway for a short distance, and we can make it between trains for sure. Unfortunately, the lower path to the volcanic section does not have a walkway, so we have to go through the snow section and enter a direct elevator down.

Although I never found a proper map, the facility as a whole appears to be donut shaped, with 2 layers of sectors. The snow sector is on top of the volcanic sector, backwards from how I would have imagined, but I didn't build the place.
>>
No. 423026 ID: c811c4
File 133983381917.png - (8.94KB , 700x700 , 449.png )
423026

Knowing that Rakae has gone through the snow section and should know the location of its direct elevator down, I already feel regret that I even considered leaving Rakae behind.

I open the side door to the snow sector, to get a face full of wind and the color white.
>>
No. 423027 ID: b0d466

Close the door

Make makeshift shoes
>>
No. 423032 ID: 927efa

Welp. Time to start counting your steps very carefully.
>>
No. 423033 ID: b85f8c

Endeavor to not freeze to death.

I'm not sure how difficult that would be for you, actually. Is your fur enough?
>>
No. 423037 ID: e3f578

>>423026
Wow
You just have fucking Rokoa-brand bandages for clothes and you just stepped out into a freezing blizzard.
You can handle it?
>>
No. 423047 ID: b85f8c

Wait a minute. The captive has clothes.

Why aren't you wearing THOSE?
>>
No. 423164 ID: b33427

I know neumono are made of sterner stuff, but even if you can shrug off a howling blizzard there's still the matter of navigating in white-out conditions. Unless the elevator down can be reached by following the sector wall, you two are going to get hopelessly lost in this mess.

First ask Rakae where the elevator is, in relation to where you are and the sector wall, so you can plan a route. Next find something heavy, like a rock, to prop the door open so it isn't lost in the white-out. Then tie a rope between you two, so you don't lose each other.
>>
No. 423214 ID: c811c4
File 133988641603.png - (11.63KB , 700x700 , 550.png )
423214

My fur isn't made for heavy cold.

Rakae will have little issue. Her descendants, back when neumono didn't move across biomes much, lived in snowy territory. Thicker fur, more fat, et cetera. Not like I know much about her parentage, but the white or grey fur gives it away. Rokoa's bindings would have been surprisingly decent if her other leg was blown off too so that I had more, but I guess I'm fortunate enough she's got stupidly fat thighs as is. I can't believe I'm thinking this.

>Captive's clothes
....
>>
No. 423215 ID: c811c4
File 133988648141.png - (177.73KB , 700x700 , 551.png )
423215

One hour later.
>"Ready, Polo?"
"Yeah."

We discuss the direction it is in. It's by one of what is probably a food storage silo, and not on an edge, but Rakae thinks she can sort out a good angle to walk in and make it there safely. We tie each other together prop the door open, Rakae takes the backpack, and we move out.

Several minutes in, I hear a crack behind me, around where Rakae is.
>>
No. 423216 ID: 886a4d

Either a gun shot or ice breaking. Either way its a good idea to go low, spread out your weight as much as possible.
>>
No. 423220 ID: b33427

Hit the deck and dig your hands and feet in as good as you can, in case Rakae fell through ice or the snow covering over a crevasse. If you don't feel her weight on the rope, crawl over to her to see if she's all right.
>>
No. 423222 ID: e3f578

Did you eat the leg too or did that go to waste?
Shame you don't have the chance to make some batter and get some canola oil and make some Fried Rokoa leg.

Put some onions on that shit, marinate it with some hot sauce, etc.
>>
No. 423224 ID: fa9f7e

>>423222
That was already brought up when someone realized she was eating Rokoa jerky, I think.
>>
No. 423227 ID: b85f8c

If you are indeed walking on ice you really should spread out your weight now that it's starting to crack, and maybe you should be carrying the backpack, since you're smaller.
>>
No. 423242 ID: c811c4
File 133989231468.png - (102.74KB , 700x700 , 552.png )
423242

>Rokoa's leg
Eaten, we even grounded the bones.

>"Rakae, drop down, spread the weight, you're on ice!"
"Damnit! I didn't know there was a lake here!"

I take the pack for now, and we carefully keep on moving after deciding that for all we know, we're more than halfway across the lake anyway. Or river. Some body of water.

It goes smoothly enough, when I walk into a wall. We circle around, and find a dim light that marks the elevator.
>>
No. 423243 ID: c811c4
File 133989234069.png - (23.89KB , 700x700 , 553.png )
423243

It's significantly warmer in the elevator, but I'm still chilled.

>"Are you okay, Polo?"
"Fine."
>"Do you need anything before going down?"
>>
No. 423248 ID: b85f8c

The volcano section sure is hot...

Do you guys have enough water to deal with dehydration? What about heat stroke? Or other heat-related issues neumono need to deal with?

I'm not sure what she means by 'need anything'.
>>
No. 423249 ID: b0d466

Is she asking if you want a hug?
I can't think of anything else you can get without trekking back to your base.
>>
No. 423255 ID: e3f578

>>423243
Cuddle for warmth while standing.
You'll be less distracted.
>>
No. 423258 ID: b33427

"Yeah, but we're fresh out of cryosuits. We'll muddle our way through, somehow."

Actually, there is a way you two could keep cool down there, at least for a little bit. Shovel a pile of snow into the elevator, then when you hit bottom start stuffing it into your clothes. It's going to be damn cold at first, but it'll offset the heat for awhile.

How well do you think Rakae will handle the extreme heat? As bad as you handled the cold?
>>
No. 423260 ID: f5b22e

>>423243
Take some time to warm up before heading down.
A sudden temperature change like that can cause serious problems.
>>
No. 423275 ID: c811c4
File 133990234434.png - (13.24KB , 700x700 , 554.png )
423275

>Not sure what is meant by 'need anything."
Neither am I.

>"What do you mean, need anything? Actually, do we have enough water?"

She opens the elevator door again, while getting a container from the backpack.

>"Oh, yes. And I meant need anything as in a moment to warm up, or are we forgetting anything, that kind of stuff. I'll gather snow quick, here."
"Water is all."

If she was asking about a hug, she'd need to be more upfront about it. I haven't been in the mood to take any excuse to hug.
>>
No. 423276 ID: c811c4
File 133990241391.png - (15.95KB , 700x700 , 555.png )
423276

>Cuddle/warm up to avoid a sudden temperature change.

...fuck it.
>>
No. 423277 ID: c811c4
File 133990248998.png - (298.04KB , 700x700 , 556.png )
423277

Rakae gets some additional snow in the elevator, and we head down. One elevator trip later, the door opens, and we're still, of course, blasted by heat. Rakae's ease in the snow section would be reversed here. She'll handle it at least as badly as I handle the cold.

"Are you going to be alright?"
>"I think so, at least for a little while."

The snow already is melting when Rakae starts packing it into her clothes. The first apparent thing here is that Rokoa and I are going to be sweating profusely while trying to aim. It's windy as hell, enough to make sniping more challening. Not to mention all the dust in the air to reduce long range visibility. The ground is jagged and harder to get easy footing anywhere.

I don't think that Rokoa could have picked a worse option for a sniper duel. I don't even know if she knows what sniping is. I shouldn't complain, it's not evenly shitty. She'll have a tougher time here than me.
>>
No. 423279 ID: 132b99

don't think that. maybe she is counting on your thought of "at least she will be worse off then me" and you would assume any mistake you make she would make as well and more.
>>
No. 423293 ID: 886a4d

I would assume she picked this place to make your advantages as a sniper less so. Look for signs Rokoa has been here as well as hiding spots and such. She could simply stay in a cave or tunnel system to force you into close combat. She is a professional soldier and one of things shes probably learned is to NOT give your enemies advantages and to maximize your own strengths.
>>
No. 423302 ID: b33427

Remember, Rokoa was the one who chose this battlefield, and had some time to think about it. There has to be a reason she picked it instead of a desert or other wasteland-like biome. Were there any other instructions for the duel in her letter? Starting time and positions, perhaps? If there were, head down to both positions and look for signs she was here. Otherwise, investigate both sides of the chasm for recent activity. Then pull out your binoculars and check the cliffs and ridges for caves or possible sniper's nests.

Looking out at this place, your fur and camo clothing is going to stand out against the terrain. Best you can do is strip down to your wrappings and cake yourself in the dust and dirt, right before the duel. You'll be sweating like mad, so it'll stick easily.

Now, can you recall anything about what kind of fauna lives in this biome? Anything big and nasty that might jump you during the duel? Other than Rokoa, that is.
>>
No. 423334 ID: 886a4d

Small and nasty might be just as dangerous.
>>
No. 423357 ID: b85f8c

>>423277
I think she is probably going to just rush you, and take your shots on the chin until she gets close to either shoot you with decent accuracy or crush you in melee.

Look around for a few good spots to perch. Plan ahead to wear something to keep sweat out of your eyes. Heck, you could even think about rigging an outfit to keep out the heat.

Another thing of note is that Rokoa is very large and will have issues in the heat just like Rakae.
>>
No. 423409 ID: c811c4
File 133992611451.png - (48.97KB , 700x700 , 557.png )
423409

>Camoflauge
I will need to. There is nothing I own that isn't a step shy of a bullseye target pained on my head.

As for flora and fauna, I don't know. In actual volcanic biomes, there can be some terrifying creatures, but they are rare. I won't rule out their existence here, but they still aren't immune to guns. There is little precaution I can take outside of watching my back.

I found the crevace where the duel is supposed to take place. The gap was specifically mentioned in the duel agreeance that it is a no pass zone, and we're to stick on our own side and take shots at each other, presumably until the other is incapacitated. It's at least a couple hundred meters of a valley, as well. Right over a damn lava flow, to only get hotter.

While most of the area is flat, there is the occasional boulder. Good cover, but not the sort of cover that can easily be shot over without popping right out in the open.

I'll pull out my binoculars and take a look at the other side first, and see if there's been signs that Rokoa has been here.
>>
No. 423410 ID: c811c4
File 133992612996.png - (285.17KB , 700x700 , 558.png )
423410

Signs point to yes.
>>
No. 423412 ID: 886a4d

It looks like she is practicing moving quickly in the high heat, how good are you at hitting a moving target like that?
>>
No. 423456 ID: 2ed56b

>>423410
Start making an appropriately-colored ghille suit.

Gosh, Rokoa's thighs really ARE huge, aren't they?
>>
No. 423457 ID: fa9f7e

That they are.

And you might as well start practicing now. Go for the center of mass.

By the way, how does neumono regeneration work, exactly? Is it a built-in cellular function, or does some gland release a hormone to start regrowing or something? Because if there is, or anything neumono have a difficult time regrowing, aim for it if it's reasonably practical.
>>
No. 423480 ID: d52d47

woah, woah, WAIT. Taking a shot now is NOT going to work to your advantage.

Why? Assuming a hit, you're not going to be able to do significant damage before she escapes, or closes. If she escapes, you accomplish nothing. If she closes (and that's WAY more likely) you're putting Rakae in serious danger. Crazy bitch is willing to leave you alive for your duel (probably). There's no such protection for your last remaining hivemate if you piss her off. Also, you're likely to get hurt, and I think injures present more of a handicap for our preparation than Rokoa's. The situation is lose-neutral at best. There's not a win here for team Polo.

Also, ignoring the physical risks, attacking now will likely alienate Rakae further. I know you might not care a whole lot about that right now, but you're going to need your allies. Even *if* your only goal is to get this kill- you need them to help you prepare, plan, and survive.

...finally, if you ignore all this take the shot? Try and get her to charge across the bridge at you. Then shoot it out and drop her in the fucking lava. Have Rakae run to try and protect her when (not if) things go horribly wrong. Although, really, she'd be much better off if you withdraw.
>>
No. 423493 ID: e3f578

>>423410
Zoom in on her thighs, admire them.
>>
No. 423494 ID: 61e7f9

Can you hit her at this range? What about you and Rakae both shooting at her? Fuck a duel. Time for a dual. Open up on that bitch if you think you can hit her. Oh, this is conditional on here not finding cover quick enough to not at lest do some serious damage to her.

Try to sever an ear, arm, or leg if you can't kill her. We need more skin for clothing. We are going to make a nice outfit at this rate.
>>
No. 423499 ID: 886a4d

Do not attack now.
>>
No. 423520 ID: c811c4
File 133995586874.png - (79.63KB , 700x700 , 559.png )
423520

>How good are you at hitting a moving target?
Normally excellent, but there are also factors like winds and gravity. Namely the wind, in that it seems inconsistent. The heat haze is also nasty. Lastly, I haven't had much practice with either of these models of sniper rifle, and I don't have a comfortable surplus of ammo or battery power to practice. All of that changes my shot reliability from very confident, to "probably", and certainly not reliable with pinpoint accuracy on specific body parts.

Reviewing the basics of the sniper rifles I do have...
>>/quest/402143
For the kinetic rifle, the explosive shots are heavier and would be less affected by the wind, but more affected by the gravity. Gravity is a constant, but the heavier shot won't travel as fast, so there is more time for it to fall. but I am almost reluctant to use these explosive rounds in extreme heat.

The plasma rifle isn't affected by wind or gravity to any noticeable degree, but it has a slight delay between the trigger and fire. For a moving target, that can be a huge pain. The heat will also require longer cooldowns between shots. I won't be able to fire it as rapidly as the kinetic.

"Rakae, get behind some rocks! I'm considering taking a shot at her."
>"Are you sure? Don't get me wrong, it would be a good opportunity, but the agreed date was a few days from now, so if you shoot at her now, who's to say that she'll try to keep to the rest of the agreement and not just run right across the bridge?"

That is another point. For the duel, I have been counting on her word, which I still believe she would keep unless provoked otherwise.
>>
No. 423521 ID: c811c4
File 133995587893.png - (38.74KB , 700x700 , 560.png )
423521

>Ghillie suit
I can't make one on the spot, but I will gather the materials to make an appropriate one should I fight Rokoa later.

The bridge is actually very thick and built to last. It isn't a cheap wood and vine construct, and to bring it down swiftly, I would likely need a good explosive and time to plant it in a critical point.

>How does neumono regeneration work?
I don't know the specifics of the biology, but it's not as simple as a convenient gland or any single thing I can shoot. As with most of our bodies, it's spread out.

All in all, there is merit to starting the fight prematurely, but its own dangers. If I'm to open fire, which I am leaning somewhat against, I will need to push the element of surprise and do as much damage to as much of her as I can.

And if not, then whether or not to hide from Rokoa or ignore her.
>>
No. 423522 ID: 132b99

don't think you can kill her right now. you need to rig the battle-zone with traps and shit. so if she charges at you she will trigger minds and stuff.
>>
No. 423529 ID: b85f8c

There's an element you aren't considering. You have Rakae with you. She can take the rifle you aren't using, and open fire as well. Not immediately, though, and she should hide behind something at first. I wish for Rokoa to think you are the only one here. She should come out into the open and fire once Rokoa starts running across the bridge. It's either she does that or runs away from you, since she's apparently unarmed.

I expect Rakae would be better at using the plasma rifle since she wouldn't have to compensate for wind.

I say open fire. Set up your position right at the bridge so that Rokoa would have to run directly at you to cross it. I don't care how fast you're moving, you can't dodge bullets while running right at them. Unless she plans on JUMPING while on the bridge.

Can you cut the support wires so she can't jostle it safely?
>>
No. 423538 ID: 505b2f

What would stop Rokoa from just running away if we start blasting at her? She might be crazy but she is not stubid and i doubt she would just charge across the bridge at us.
And we are not the only one who might have allies with us. What if Rokoa has Tirrik with her? I think engaging her now would be taking a too big of a risk.
>>
No. 423566 ID: d17d40

I have to agree. Rokoa knows you sometimes don't play by the rules, and your first shot would only make her leave the area. Instead, keep watching her, without revealing yourself.
Watch and learn how she moves, and how fast. Bearing in mind that she'll be moving faster once she's healed, but she'll still think the same. This is a golden opportunity to gather intelligence on your enemy without her doing the same.
Familiarizing yourself with your half of the terrain can wait, it's not going anywhere. Another thing to consider is that if Rokoa is just practicing running, then she's been here, before, and has already familiarized herself with the terrain. However, you still might catch her doing more of it. She's picking places to hide at and shoot from, places that once the duel begins, you'll be able to anticipate her using, and aim for. Imagine the usefulness of knowing that she's about to go for that rock, and put a few rounds between her and it so that she lunges right into them! Watch and learn, for this is your edge. You are a profesional sniper, and she's having to figure out the tactics as she goes along.
At the same time, don't underestimate her, again! Remember how you lost the biosuit.
One last thing. After Rokoa leaves, familiarize yourself with her half of the battlezone. Getting yourself acquainted with what you would do there will help you figure out what she'll do.
Victory is yours if you can outsmart your enemy.
>>
No. 423568 ID: 886a4d

>>423566
Agreed.
>>
No. 423588 ID: b85f8c

Alright since apparently the consensus is to not attack here because she can just run...

On the condition that we don't attack, I would like you to keep in mind that you can't stick around for a long period of time, because Rakae may get heat stroke. I would consider having her go back to the elevator. You'll be fine here.
>>
No. 423592 ID: b33427

>>423566
This sounds like a decent plan. Also, give Rakae whichever rifle has the better scope, and send her up to the top of the slope to use it to look for Tirrik, or anybody else that might be around. That'll at least get her away from the heat of the lava flow. Tell her to directly head back to the elevator if she can't take the heat anymore.
>>
No. 423597 ID: 2ed56b

>>423521
Attacking now would be a bad idea, but keep considering it. Remember that Rokoa might have flunkies on overwatch for her, too, and you don't have much info on if Tirrik is a good shot or not. I'd rather take advantage of her honorable tendencies later than hope she's alone now.

If you must attack now, scan the most likely sniper nests that have sight to where you are, first. If she isn't alone, then you're already spotted with your green camo and big pale head.
>>
No. 423611 ID: e3aff6

WWe might not have the resources to bring the bridge down quickly, but can we spend some time before the duel to sabotage the supports so that it would collapse if somebody tries to cross it? If we can we should also look for other bridges across the chasm to do the same thing to them. (Of course, we should do this when Rokoa isn't around and after scouting her side of the field.)
>>
No. 423796 ID: d52d47

>>423566

I like this idea, a lot. For the first time in a long while, you have a real chance to use you covert skills and training for what they're *for*- gaining intel and an advantage over your enemy. This plays to your strengths.
>>
No. 423956 ID: c811c4
File 134007596510.png - (46.75KB , 700x700 , 561.png )
423956

I will wait an gather intelligence. I am somehow relieved that I am worried about Rakae enough to come with her back to the snow section, knowing that she may succumb to the heat out here if I send her alone. And by the looks of it, she may very well have. The air conditioner in the elevator is functional, so I feel I can leave her alone after making sure she's cooled off.
>>
No. 423957 ID: c811c4
File 134007597569.png - (14.80KB , 700x700 , 562.png )
423957

I come back to see Rokoa doing laps and practicing jagged, unpredictable movements. Although I don't know how long she's been here, I never see her practice aiming. I never see her slow down, either for almost an hour of straight jogging.

In a display that makes me almost jump, she merely doesn't carry her leg forward one time, and falls forward flat on her face when she finally gives out. She doesn't know restraint.
>>
No. 423959 ID: c811c4
File 134007612292.png - (35.35KB , 700x700 , 563.png )
423959

Just when I want to get my sniper and start unloading though, she picks herself up and staggers back being some mountains. After a lot of waiting, I don't see her again, so I begin scouting.

For one thing, the lava elevation seems to lower and rise, sometimes enough to cause heat spikes. Secondly, the bridge I've marked A is of solid rock, and the bridge B is heavy construction, with metal wires and poles dug deep. If I am to attempt to sabatoge them, I would need better tools, and something with more bang than a grenade.

Crosshatched regions are mountains that, although not technically unscalable, they aren't practical or useful other than defining the duel area. They would leave the climber completely out in the open as well, if it were climbed. Areas colored green are boulders and areas that can be used as cover, but there are no chest high rocks. They are either too big for best cover or too small for any cover.

Although the cliffside does start at a distinct slope, even the level land has a noticeable slope downward toward the canyon. Going prone is possible, but moderately awkward.
>>
No. 423965 ID: b85f8c

I think she's planning on making you run out of ammo by dodging most of your shots and simply soaking whatever you manage to land. Then she'll run up close and shoot you. She's turning a duel of marksmanship into a game of dodge the bullet.

Consider stocking up on as much ammo as possible, and see if you can get something that you can shoot at her that would hinder movement. Also if going prone is awkward as things are here, alter the terrain to your advantage.
>>
No. 423970 ID: 886a4d

The only reason I can think of her to not practice aiming whatsoever is she is counting on her ability to take damage and keep moving as well as the fact that you probably will miss hitting her sometimes.

I bet she is planning on outlasting you until you are out of ammo then forcing you to come to her or she to you. You have two advantages... you can conserve ammunition until you have sure thing shots and she will be wasting all her energy running around trying to draw your fire. Use her impatience and lack of knowing her limits against her.


If you can set up camp in the elevator, and hope she continues to run laps. Rakae should head back to Rikek and gather food as well as any materials you need for the ghillie suit. The next day head to the crevice again and if Rokoa shows up use an unloaded sniper rifle to track her movements and practice taking shots at her. If you can learn to predict when she is about to change directions as thats when shooting her will have the best chance. If she doesn't show you can spend the time making the suit and moving in it once in the heat once its done
>>
No. 423998 ID: bdb3f8

Practice a few shots to see how the heat and wind might throw off your aim. Better to get the learning curve through now than when you have a live target to worry about.
>>
No. 424029 ID: c7dc56

Now you could just sneak off in the middle of the duel and enjoy the thought of her prancing about trying to find a sniper that isn't there. I know you want her dead, but dicking with her will be so much more satisfying. Really though, you could spend that time finding a way out and letting the her be stuck on shit island all alone.
>>
No. 424112 ID: 1444d5

If you can get your hands on some explosive, I can think of two better uses for it than trying to destroy two rather sturdy bridges:

1) Place some into fissures in the cliffs on your side, then detonate them to cause rocks to tumble off and provide you with more cover, and to confuse Rokoa who has likely scouted the existing cover as you have.

2) Toss into the lava (or conceal reasonably close to the high-tide mark on your side), launching plumes of molten rock around the field. As long as you can find cover for yourself, it could be enough to force Rokoa into the open to make a run for it in a straight line rather than dodging. If you embed the explosives in the canyon wall, you might even be able to focus the blast and launch the lava towards Rokoa without showering your side.
>>
No. 424119 ID: 299ed3

>>424112
A better use of the explosives would be to put them on the ends of the bridge, The two places Rokua has to go on, and detonating them when she reaches them.
>>
No. 424225 ID: c811c4
File 134015727307.png - (13.93KB , 700x700 , 564.png )
424225

For the kinetic, I have 10 armor piercing, 10 generic and 10 explosive rounds. For the plasma, there are 50 shots of life.

To get either more ammo or proper explosives for the bridge or cliffside or anything, I will need to perform hostile actions against the salikai to get it. That will be outright dangerous, but possible. For now, I will fire a couple of normal shots and an armor piercing round, and the laser a couple. The salikai that gave me this sniper rifle didn't have a manual to go with it, so I will make educated guesses about how the change of ammunition to explosive changes the shot, but I don't want to waste any of that ammo.

I do have time to attempt to take more ammo or explosives, but again, it is dangerous.
>>
No. 424238 ID: b85f8c

>>424225
You could go find out where all those little guys were going and see if they're getting killed. If so you might be able to scavenge more ammo from the dead.
>>
No. 424243 ID: b33427

Not mentioning using the egg-bomb 'cause you lost it, 'cause you don't know how to arm and set it, or 'cause it's too damn powerful and would kill everyone on or anywhere near the battlefield?

Perhaps you could get more supplies from the salikai by putting forth the case that if Rokoa wins this duel, she's going to turn towards ripping this place apart to get to her hive. Say that it would be better to take her out when her location is known, than have her loose down here, wreaking havoc, and possibly targeting salikai.
The salikai probably won't agree to give you anything, just out of sheer arrogance and hubris, so just take it when they turn you away.

>>424238
All the arkots seem to use machine guns, and maybe rocket launchers, neither of which have ammo that fits either of Polo's guns. However, scoring a machine gun for the duel with Rokoa could be a nice counter to her zig-zagging all over the place; Lets see her try and dodge a hail of lead.
>>
No. 424283 ID: 61e7f9

Wait for her to slump over again then put one laser shot into her head or neck area. See if you can remove one of her eyes again. That is sort of a tradition at this point.
>>
No. 424418 ID: c811c4
File 134022326110.png - (10.58KB , 700x700 , 565.png )
424418

>Not mentioning the egg-bomb
We still have it. I can probably find out how to arm it. What I don't know is how powerful it is.

>Wait until Rokoa slumps over, then shoot
It appears she already left, for today. As for the duel, if she slumps over, shooting goes without saying.

I set up a bullseye on the other side, that I fired directly at without compensating for anything to be able to tell how far off the mark they are. And off they are. It wouldn't be an issue if they were all such and such number of centimeters off, but they're inconsistant to a disconcerting degree considering the scope was traced over the same spot every shot.

And this is when I have the sniper set up and planted on the ground with no Rokoa attempting to fire on me, both things that won't be a luxury.
>>
No. 424419 ID: c811c4
File 134022330219.png - (10.38KB , 700x700 , 566.png )
424419

I've spent enough time today on this. It's time to go back. I've gotten enough foliage and the like to make a ghillie suit, but I am skeptical about using it. As effective as it can be, the heat is intense enough as it is, let alone with such an insulator.

I can consider asking for more supplies from the Salikai. The intercom comes on as soon as I open the elevator, sparing me wondering how I would contact them.

>"Just how are all of you big eared hoppers getting into my territory?"
>>
No. 424422 ID: b85f8c

>>424419
The tram was full, so you walked. Was there supposed to be something in your way?

Also inform him that you'll probably need more ammo to kill Rokoa in the duel, as she seems to be planning to run you dry.
>>
No. 424423 ID: e3f578

>>424419
You take offense? We're just practicing killing another big eared hopper that's more of a threat to your installation. To answer your question, we walked here. It's a nice walk! Well, sans sudden changes in temperature.
>>
No. 424424 ID: 505b2f

So the Salikai dont have any cameras or motion sensor installed, good to know.
Ask if he means us and Rokoa by big eared hoppers or are there other neumono
>>
No. 424425 ID: b85f8c

Oh, also tell them that A) Rokoa just ran herself ragged so if they want to send a bunch of minions after her this would be a good time and B) you have an egg-bomb and don't know how to use it. Instructions on that would be nice.
>>
No. 424475 ID: b33427

"I can't say how the big one with the crazy grin got down here, but we walked here from the Jungle Sector. Weather aside, it was an easy trip."

Give him the speal on how if Rokoa wins the duel with you, she's going to cut her way out of this facility one way or another, meet up with her hive, and bring them all back to have a huge bloody party, complete with roasted salikai. You're just asking for some aid in killing her for good. A massive volcanic eruption on her side of the battlefield would be nice, but you'll settle for some explosives, ammo, and maybe another gun. Oh, and pull out the egg-bomb, hold it up for the camera that is undoubtably watching, and ask him how powerful this thing is.

>>424418
...Odd. With the wind and rising thermals, you'd expect the hits to be above the target and to either side. The scopes would have to be quite out of alignment to get that. Better test fire them where there's no wind, next chance you get.

>>424419
Ditch the ghille suit idea if it's just going to give you heat stroke. Otherwise, the best you can do is strip to your skivvies, wet down, and cake yourself with the dust and dirt until you match the color of the landscape. Get some paint for your rifles and pack that matches as well.
>>
No. 424478 ID: 927efa

Hop adorably.
>>
No. 424479 ID: 61e7f9

"We walked and opened a few doors. What do you want?"
>>
No. 424484 ID: bdb3f8

>>424419
Insulation works both ways my dear. Keeps heat in OR keeps it out. If it's just a little warm, perspiration will help. If the air around you is substantially warmer than your body temperature, such as might be the case near a river of molten rock, then you want all the heat deflecting material you can get. Ask anyone who works near molten anything for a living. Volcanologists don't wear shorts and flipflops.
>>
No. 424492 ID: c811c4
File 134023637620.png - (8.70KB , 700x700 , 567.png )
424492

>Insulation works both ways
Yes, I can't think of the right word. The point is that it doesn't keep the heat out, but it keeps the heat in. A complete opposite of what I would like.

>The scopes are possibly out of alignment
It's a pain, but as long as the scope is on tight and isn't jostled, I don't know if I wish to spend the ammo to try and fix it when the shots are so off anyway.

>Show the egg-bomb
I didn't bring that, unfortunately. It's heavier than it looks.

"We walked."
>"... there are supposed to be arkots between the tropical zone and here."
"There aren't. You mean us and Rokoa, or are there other neumono?"
>"You three. Walking around like you own the place, running around the volcano all the damn time."
"I intend to kill Rokoa. She may be around still, and ran herself ragged if you'd like to send some minions off to finish her."
>"I've no idea where she is, and the arkots can take about 2 steps into the volcano region before falling over. Damn useless. Yeah, I'm talking about you guys - no, damnit, don't act surprised, I tell you this all the time.'
"She's still a larger threat. If she gets out of here, she's going to tell her hive about this place."
>"Of course we're aware, Ohidi and I want her dead. It's still a likely possibility that the hive above will find us anyway."
"Then please give me more weapons?"
>"Really? Two snipers aren't enough? What do you want?"
"Explosives, more ammo, a machine gun in case she gets close range."
>"You know what? Fine. I have your moton egg. Since I'm giving you weapons, I will only give the egg to you after you kill Rokoa."
>>
No. 424494 ID: edd0ff

>>424492

"Fair enough. The egg is of no real value to me until I leave this place, and I have no intention of leaving while Rokoa remains alive."
>>
No. 424495 ID: b85f8c

>>424492
Deal.
>>
No. 424499 ID: e3f578

>>424492
The egg is mere sentimental value to your mission now that the people who could use it and wanted it are dead. It's just food now, or a chance to tame your own Moton if that's even possible.
There isn't even a mission anymore, just a chance to make a new home in R-boy's hive.
>>
No. 424500 ID: 04b86a

>>424492
>it doesn't keep the heat out, but it keeps the heat in
If it does one, it'll do the other just as well. If you're trying to say that you generate heat so quickly that, combined with what heat it does allow through, you'll reach volcano temperature fast enough to make it impractical, that could be a concern. Maybe you could shove some snow in it before leaving the snow sector so you could last longer?
>>
No. 424501 ID: 886a4d

Simply say deal. The salikai don't really care about you or Rokoa and they only want Rokoa more dead because of the threat her hive poses.
>>
No. 424506 ID: b33427

"Agreed. Shall I pickup, or will you deliver?"
>>
No. 424536 ID: 927efa

Would you like fries with that?
>>
No. 424563 ID: e3aff6

>>424494
Don't tell him that the item he is holding to insure compliance has little value to us.
>>
No. 424725 ID: 08005b

sounds fair enough
>>
No. 424749 ID: f5b22e

It should be easy to sound distressed about this turn of events, since it means they know where your camp is, despite moving repeatedly.
>>
No. 424887 ID: c811c4
File 134033976752.png - (19.44KB , 700x700 , 568.png )
424887

>Ghillie suit insulation
Thinking about it more, that will work. It will get intensely hot, yes, but no worse than hanging around above a lava flow.

>They know where you've been staying
Rosotski at least does. Our location isn't a secret, but it doesn't have to be. Despite his earlier threats, so long as we stay out of his business, he apparently doesn't find us worth uprooting.

"Deal. Do I need to pick up or are you going to deliver?"
>"Rokoa is still Rosotski's foolish pet project. I can't easily deliver in his territory, so I will give you 4 pounds of C4, a machine gun with 300 rounds and another 30 sniper rounds, 10 of each bullet for your kinetic."

When Rakae and I go back through the snow sector and reach the door back into the tram sideway, there is an arkot already there with the supplies. I will need to think carefully about where to plant these explosives. Otherwise, I will continue making the ghillie suit, and make sure I'm well rested in time for the duel, while having to think if there is anything else I must do beforehand.
>>
No. 424900 ID: 08005b

We need switches (I think you know what they are for).
>>
No. 424931 ID: 505b2f

Talk to Rikek and Rakae what will they do if we bite the dust.
>>
No. 424932 ID: b33427

Rosotski's still alive, huh? Guess Rokoa's waiting until after the duel to rip his innards out. Well, no matter.

While you're working on your ghillie suit, ask Rikek to test fire and adjust the sights on the MG, and have Rakae sit in full view of Kork to work on figuring out the egg-bomb's controls. Kork's sense of self-preservation should get the better of her, and she'll stop Rakae if she's about to set it off. Oh, and ask Kork how powerful the bomb's explosion is.

That rocky bridge on the lower edge of the duel site would be good to blow up. Doing so would leave only one way on the battlefield for Rokoa to cross to you, and you'll have it covered from your firing position at your end. Some of the C4 might also be used to blast a crater in the ground, to be used as cover at your end of the bridge.
>>
No. 424993 ID: c811c4
File 134038219298.png - (11.41KB , 700x700 , 569.png )
424993

Hours pass as I make the ghillie suit, and simply wait.

>Figure out how the egg bomb works
Rakae is able to do this. As figured, that isn't the problem, but not even Kork knows how powerful it is.

The surface level bombardment is getting close. It's enough to feel an occasional shake.
>>
No. 424994 ID: c811c4
File 134038220954.png - (36.38KB , 700x700 , 570.png )
424994

The next day comes, as I carry the C4 to lay charges. Rokoa is still there, but there isn't any better chance to snipe her, so I put what I believe is enough C4 to drop the southern bridge, while a small bit of C4 to make some better cover on my side.
>>
No. 424995 ID: c811c4
File 134038225330.png - (27.01KB , 700x700 , 571.png )
424995

And back at base once again to get some sleep, the night comes. The ghillie suit is finished.

>Talk to Rikek and Rakae what will they do if we bite the dust
They say they don't want to think about it, but Rakae will simply escape. Rikek, in the meanwhile, says that this place must be a treasure trove of information. The planet in a nutshell, with oddities all around worth exploring. Even through all of this, he still is a tourist.

Rakae will search for our hive, just in the chance that somehow, they did escape, or the salikai faked the imagery. If she doesn't find anything, then she'll have to head for an ultrahive. She wasn't born into our own hive, but there is no connection between her and her biological parents or original hive.

When we go silent, we all notice how quiet it has gotten outside. There is the fire's crackle and the occasional sound of the bombardment, but absolutely nothing else. The hum of the lights outside the cave are gone. Rikek takes a look, and reports that it is utterly pitch black outside. The lights normally dim during a night cycle, but they never outright turn off.
>>
No. 424999 ID: d10f72

A bomb hit the powers supply...
>>
No. 425005 ID: 4594e2

Might want to check your prisoner, just in case. While I doubt she's been trying to seduce Rikek while you were gone, she could still be trouble if not managed properly. By the way, what else did you get off of her with the uniform?
With that done, get your light sources and do a quick scouting around. If nothing else, this is a serious disruption of the area's structure. Make sure the ceiling up there isn't about to collapse on you! If it is, maybe that's a chance to get back to the surface. Call me paranoid if you want, but I'm not entirely convinced that you're going to outlive your usefulness to the salikai.
>>
No. 425313 ID: 1444d5

Oh shit. The rifle aim being off so much, and with such a large variance, is not because of the scope. It's the lava. Heat haze. And even worse, there could easily be enough heat when the lava rises to it;s highest for mirages to occur.

The only way to aim anything other than vaguely close over that canyon is over the rock bridge, and even then only a short distance above the centre, before the rising hot air has had a chance to mix above it. That's one hell of a keyhole to fire down.
>>
No. 425360 ID: c811c4
File 134049532890.png - (36.32KB , 700x700 , 572.png )
425360

>Check on prisoner
Kork is sleeping, at the moment, still restrained. She doesn't look as tough after being restrained for nearly 3 weeks. I would feel bad, except that if I let her go, she would likely join Rokoa. By the time Kork was lucid and joined with us for that brief period, she had already been stripped of valuables by the first Salikai. In other words, I didn't find anything else after wearing her uniform.

>Heat haze
There was lots in the volcanic section, yes. Even if the scope is a off, it will only improve so much.

We head out, affording ourselves battery life on a flashlight. Pitch black, except for the headquarters that is lit red on the inside. There is a fire behind it. Given the humidity of this area, and general lack of flammability, I don't expect a fire to get very far. The bombardment does not sound any particularly louder, nor do I hear much for structural groans, so I doubt that the overall structure of the facility was compromised.
>>
No. 425371 ID: 927efa

Oh no a fire! Go help put it out!
>>
No. 425395 ID: 61e7f9

Eh, not our problem.
>>
No. 425439 ID: d17d40

This seems like a good time for someone stealthy to pilfer a few things.
>>
No. 425443 ID: 8ffedb

I vote helping them out, it will only improve relations with the Arkots and Salikai (and maybe help you feel like you belong?).
>>
No. 425462 ID: 2c68c5

Distracting fires you say? Pilfer, filch, and steal everything you can even if it's nailed down.
>>
No. 425473 ID: b85f8c

I'm not sure there's much we would want to steal at this point. However, maybe we can go ambush Rokoa while it's dark- wait no she's got the bio armor, which has night vision. In this environment, she could kill us at will! In fact, she'll probably try to rescue the captive, if she knows where you are.

I suggest getting closer and finding out what's on fire.
>>
No. 425475 ID: c811c4
File 134052585971.png - (205.09KB , 700x700 , 573.png )
425475

I go on to investigate what's happened and see if I can't find anything worth value. Rakae and Rikek will wait back at base. There is still a good chance that Rokoa is inside, and my two companions would give away their position to her.

I still don't like that there is no easy way to sneak up on any door without having to walk out in the open. Although I can't tell what's on fire, the fire itself is at the opposite end of the building, far enough away that it isn't an issue to enter here. A couple of arkots pass by, and they don't appear to care about me in the slightest. They are running into the pitch black wilderness, which apparently is favorable over to whatever is going on inside.

Before I have time to think on it too hard, I sense Rokoa. And one other. Rokoa is in a disgustingly good mood, and whatever neumono is with her is confused, rather terrified, and wanting to get away. They are about 40 feet away, and they are getting closer.

I am positive that I am silent, so I would like to think that this is a coincidence.
>>
No. 425476 ID: 132b99

well, interrupting whatever rokoa is doing is probably good. if it makes her happy then fucking it up makes us happy.
>>
No. 425477 ID: b85f8c

There's a lip above that door. Can you perch on it?
>>
No. 425483 ID: c811c4
File 134052790212.png - (204.75KB , 700x700 , 574.png )
425483

Perching up here isn't easy, but all this training has paid off. I don't have much room to spare, and barely manage to balance myself before I hear the door squeak open into the inside.

>"I can see you out there, Polo!" Rokoa yells. "Go back to bed and get some rest."

I also hear some muffled yells from the other neumono.
>>
No. 425485 ID: 886a4d

Stay silent. She`s bluffing.
>>
No. 425487 ID: 299ed3

Yell "Nuh uh" as loud as you can.
>>
No. 425489 ID: b85f8c

Hmm.

I think she *is* bluffing. She knows you're here, but not where. You probably got spotted by a camera or something earlier. She said "out there" not "up there".
>>
No. 425494 ID: c811c4
File 134052888809.png - (20.93KB , 700x700 , 575.png )
425494

I stay silent, in the off chance that she just thinks I'm out here, and just so happens to be completely correct. A moment passes before she continues.

>"Oh for fucks sake, girl. There's cameras all over the damn place, and I've got feed. I don't intend to fight you till tomorrow morning, so for once let's just have a damn conversation, alright?."

If there are cameras, they are well hidden. I'm not giving more than glances for any now, though, as I don't want to lose focus on the door. Although she opened the door, she moved back some, I believe behind a corner. She isn't so confident to walk out to greet me with either of her eyes in my sight, now.

It doesn't feel that she is bluffing, either. She is entirely positive that I am out here.
>>
No. 425495 ID: 132b99

stay silent.
>>
No. 425497 ID: 132b99

yes she knows you are outside, but not on the door.
>>
No. 425498 ID: b85f8c

"Fine. What blew up? Who's that with you?"
>>
No. 425500 ID: 886a4d

Continue to stay silent.
>>
No. 425505 ID: c811c4
File 134053114886.png - (21.30KB , 700x700 , 576.png )
425505

I wait, staying still and silent.

Rokoa doesn't give up. She gets more agitated at first, and then does a mental equivelent of taking a deep breath, and she's calm again. The difference of mindset is alarming, that she's able to calm herself effectively like this when she decides to, and remove that sense of impatience I've always known her to have.

So she continues waiting. Attentive and focused on the door, as am I. I can stay like this all night, but from what I can feel of Rokoa, so can she.
>>
No. 425506 ID: 132b99

swing up to the window.
>>
No. 425507 ID: 886a4d

Going inside will simply tell her where you are since there are most likely cameras there. Say something to the effect that I won't shoot you but I want to see you and your guest before I agree to talk about anything with you.
>>
No. 425508 ID: b85f8c

>>425506
Worth a shot.
>>
No. 425511 ID: c811c4
File 134053275847.png - (72.82KB , 700x700 , 577.png )
425511

>Swing up to the window
I still can't see what's through the window even with it up close.

As soon as I start grabbing the upper ledge to pull myself up, Rokoa gets up and starts heading upstairs, still focused however on the door in case I jump back down.
>>
No. 425512 ID: 886a4d

Test it to see how solid it is. If you can't break it without shooting it you might as well call out to Rokoa.
>>
No. 425533 ID: c811c4
File 134054236846.png - (98.08KB , 700x700 , 578.png )
425533

I hit it once. I don't have very good leverage to give a full punch, and it's made of stern stuff. I would have to shoot, so I'll give this charade up.

"Fine. What blew up, and who's that with you?"
>"The power room. It's only affecting the two sectors Rosotski is controlling, so it won't affect the duel at all. As for who I've got with me, a poor old scientist that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So, you. What are you doing here? There's not much to see, if it was just curiosity."
>>
No. 425536 ID: 505b2f

Well since we are talking we could try getting some more info out of Rokoa. Like what does she know about the salikai and their plans? Did she know about this underground facility before she got captured? And how long does she think there is before the bombardment reaches the facility? Has she met any Mikliks?
>>
No. 425541 ID: c811c4
File 134054670488.png - (9.12KB , 700x700 , 579.png )
425541

"Curiosity. What do you know of the salikai's plans? Happen to see any mikliks?"
>"I only know of a miklik around here, never met 'im. All I know about the salikai is that they're doing a fuckton of research, don't know why. Biological warfare, if I had to guess. It'll all be up in smoke soon enough, it doesn't sound like they had any plans for a breach.
"Did you know about this facility beforehand?"
>"We did a scan underground. Figured this place was just a big underground cave, but I was curious. And surprise surprise."
"How long do you think there is before the bombardment reaches the facility?"
>"... hell, why not, you're probably the only one in the whole place who doesn't know. I used Rosotski's communications to send out a beacon to my hive. Told 'em where I was, and to come bust a hole in here. Tomorrow at 13:00. A full hour after our duel. I'm sure there will be a victor by then. I've set up explosives where we all entered this mess that are set to explode at 12:50. You'll be able to exit before my hive arrives, if you live. You've beaten me twice already, so I'll count that as having earned passage for your two friends already. The third time will be for yourself. Beat me a third time, and you're free to go. I don't expect you to let me live if you do manage to best me again, without Tirrik to save my ass."

Why, of all things, does she feel happy when she mentions me killing her? It's as though she wants to die.
>>
No. 425551 ID: 505b2f

Dont even try to understand what goes on inside Rokoas head, just be glad that atleast our friends will get out of all this.
And now might be a good time to let Kork go? Rokoa is willing to let our friends leave we might as well do the same. Besides Kork is pretty much usless to Rokoa in her weakend state.
>>
No. 425576 ID: cee0ad

DUDE, just accept that and be grateful, you need to get out of here anyways, we know you have gone mad with the whole Rokoa thing, but if you best her, don't kill her and just run. You need to get out of here, and just clear your head of all this mess, and go with your friends to their home, to, you know start over...
>>
No. 425579 ID: c811c4
File 134055555903.png - (74.83KB , 700x700 , 580.png )
425579

>Ignore the mechanics of Rokoa's mind
Probably the best idea.

I leave. Rokoa won't attack me until tomorrow. I do tell her that I'll release Kork. She doesn't say anything, knowing that I can sense her genuinely pleased reaction to that decision.

Somehow, I think I thanked Rokoa for sharing the information. It happened in a daze, and I wonder if I actually did this.
>>
No. 425581 ID: c811c4
File 134055588535.png - (20.28KB , 700x700 , 581.png )
425581

After telling Rakae and Rikek about this, I head to Kork and first untie his makeshift muzzle. She flexes her jaw, but says nothing until I speak.

"We're releasing you."
>"... that's new. That's not some wimp's way of saying you're going to just finish me off, is it?"
"Quit putting on a show. You're free to go. It looks like the world is catching up to this place."
>"You're not so bad, you know that."
"For fuck's sake, don't say that. You'll shoot me if any superior officer tells you to, so your respect is meaningless. I'm not giving your clothes back, either."
>"You say that like I've pissed my skivvies."

C4 detonators.
One kinetic sniper rifle. 15 regular sniper shots after I test a couple more shots. 20 armor piercing. 20 explosive.
Laser sniper rifle. 2 plasma batteries, 50 shots each.
One machine gun, 200 rounds.
Standard pistol. 26 shots.
18 hours of rations in case I don't find Rikek and Rakae quickly after this.
One grappling hook. Flashlight. Rope. Backpack.
Ghillie suit. Rokoa bindings. Hive uniform. And lastly, the egg shaped bomb that Rakae shows me how to use.

It's all I can think of. Carrying all of this will be impractical in an actual fight of course, but I can leave, for example, the machine gun behind a particular rock near the bridge to grab it in case Rokoa tries to cross.

I intend on going to sleep until the duel, and get this all behind me. Rakae knows enough about snipers to make sure the scope is on right. If there is anything besides that that needs doing, now would be a good time to think of it.
>>
No. 425583 ID: cee0ad

Nah man, we're done here, let's just get the deul over with.
>>
No. 425584 ID: cee0ad

Nah man, we're done here, let's just get the duel over with.
>>
No. 425586 ID: d17d40

Hold on, she just said something important. Why is Tirrek not there?
Rokoa's mentality is highly questionable at this point, but as to why she might feel happy about you killing her, I have one halfway plausible thought. She knows that she's going to die, sooner or later. Everyone does. She's chosen how she wants to die, and it is in combat with a worthy foe. You might just be that worthy foe...or you might not. No mercy, tomorrow.
Ask her where you pick up the biosuit, if you do win. I'm assuming here, but that might not be the case.
Since your friends have pretty much been given permission to leave, they should do so. Set up a place to rendezvous afterward, and get them going. You might as well release Kork, too, since it won't do any harm in the next few hours. Rokoa won't let her do harm.
>>
No. 425587 ID: d17d40

>>425586
Slowpoke.jpg
>>
No. 425588 ID: 505b2f

Briefly wonder how Three Stripes is doing, or if you have enough time go check out the last place you saw him.
>>
No. 425590 ID: e3f578

Maybe you should have a casual threesome while your here, before the duel starts.
It might be the last night of your life.
Make it fun. I don't think you have any beer, so really, what else is there to do. Shoot poor arkots for fun?
>>
No. 425595 ID: cee0ad

>>425590
you're*
>>
No. 425623 ID: b85f8c

We should keep the egg bomb on our person, and if Rokoa is about to win we set it for a short fuse and let her come to us. Or if it's easy to deactivate, we could set it for a 30-minute fuse or so and just count on it to take her out if we die.

Oooooor we could set up a dummy in the duel site just before the battle and plant the egg bomb on it set to go off right after she gets there.

Wait, before Kork leaves, ask him how powerful the egg bomb is. He's one of the few people that would know!
>>
No. 425633 ID: c811c4
File 134057226569.png - (13.79KB , 700x700 , 582.png )
425633

There are more questions to ask Rokoa, so I head back with kork. Although I keep an eye on her, at no point does she feel a need to attack me. Surprisingly, she keeps her mouth shut until we get back. Rokoa is waiting again.

>Ask Kork how strong the egg bomb is
She doesn't know. What she does know is that the bomb is marked with a flag '-T', short for, he explains, 'no takebacks.' Meaning that it is extremely difficult to disarm, and blows up at minimal tampering should it be armed.

Regardless, I will carry the bomb with me.

"First off, something is bothering me. Am I no longer silent, or did I make noise?"
>"No, Tirrik is on the security cams. You're still top notch, but he could see you above the door the entire time, and told me what you were doing."
"Second. Where do I pick up the biosuit?"
>"I'll put it on my side of the volcanic section. Whoever wins, gets it and goes. It'll be in plain sight. Ah, and I forgot to mention. The arkots are being withdrawn from here, and I imagine from the snow and volcano sector as well. They're probably going to be sent in to die as a last ditch effort from the Salikai if I had to put my money down on it. You won't need to worry about them come tomorrow."

>Three Stripes
That is a concern. I would like that predator to live, words I thought I'd never say. I will see if Rikek or Rakae can't try and find him before 12:50 tomorrow.

Business is settled, and I will get rest.

>Have fun
That sounds like something that would be nice to want to have. It is the last thing on my mind, and I can't force it.
>>
No. 425634 ID: c811c4
File 134057231546.png - (13.00KB , 700x700 , 583.png )
425634

The Next Morning...

I thought I would have trouble sleeping, but I slept like a log.

Despite my detachment over the last couple of weeks, I give a lengthy hug to Rikek and Rakae. Rikek swaps out of his dark suit for my camo, as the darker one is a much better suit for the volcanic section and for fitting in general, for when I am not using the ghillie suit.

>"Are you sure you don't want me to make sure you're going to be alright through the snow sector?" asks Rakae.
"That is going to be the safest thing I do today. Just find Three Stripes, try and get him to safety. Goodbye Rakae, Rikek."
>"Goodbye, see you later, I mean it." Rakae replies.
>"Goodbye Polo, and thank you for everything. I'm sorry I never was much help." says Rikek.

I'm not one for long goodbyes. Even if I was, I have no intention of this being a goodbye for long.
>>
No. 425635 ID: c811c4
File 134057232934.png - (16.95KB , 700x700 , 584.png )
425635

We part ways, as I head through the snow sector and through the elevator.

I am somewhat early in case she was wrong about the arkots, but there were not even trains running. Nothing at all. The explosions are definitely closer, and it probably won't be long until I may hear some structural groans.

And wouldn't I know it, I'm completely unsurprised when I sense Rokoa as the elevator gets near the bottom. She's waiting for me, apparently knowing which route I take.
>>
No. 425637 ID: c811c4
File 134057262814.png - (254.09KB , 700x700 , 585.png )
425637

She has no intention of attacking me before the duel is properly started, and I have no intention of attacking her when she is so close.

>"Greetings."
Again with the tribal markings. I wonder if she was around before technology hit in full, or if she just thinks its cool. Wait...
"Is that Salikai blood?"
>"I've been busy. I hope you're well rested."

There is a familiar smell. I can't remember what it is. Rokoa answers anyway.

>"I brought you coffee cake."
>>
No. 425638 ID: b0d466

Ask Rokoa to marry you. Coffee cake is that good.
>>
No. 425640 ID: b85f8c

Okay, you have GOT to laugh at that. Then ask if anything special's in it.

If you're wondering about the tribal markings, why not ask?

Also, uh, there is an uncomfortable subject we could ask based on something we sensed. Does she want to die?
>>
No. 425651 ID: 132b99

let's just get into starting positions.
>>
No. 425659 ID: f5b22e

>>425637
She's lost weight. She must have been torturing herself for days, running around in that volcano and practically starving herself to burn off fat reserves so she wouldn't break down during the duel.
>>
No. 425661 ID: f72f26

compliment the new look
>>
No. 425664 ID: 85bd72

She brought you a cake. It could just be that she actually likes you.

Perhaps question if you really need to duel to the death.
>>
No. 425665 ID: b0d466

>>425664
If you question this ahead of time she'll get angry

Just give her a kiss for now, spare her if you manage to win, and ta-da!
>>
No. 425669 ID: 1444d5

>>425637
>"I brought you coffee cake."
If anything is the cue to break out into maniacal laughter, it's that.
>>
No. 425673 ID: e3f578

>>425637
Shall we share it before the battle?
Maybe trade a backstory or two, before one of them ends on a short note?
>>
No. 425674 ID: 867d2f

>>425637

Yes, you absolutely must laugh and accept the coffee cake. Chill out before the battle to the death, if at all possible.

...and I'm seriously starting to suspect Rokoa <3< Polo. I mean really, does any other explanation make sense?
>>
No. 425730 ID: 6c61ee

>>425674
Rokoa being batshit insane, for one.
>>
No. 425761 ID: cf49fc

Consider Rokoa's mind. Does it make it LESS likely that she'd like Polo? She's completely unhinged. She's capable of loving and VIOLENTLY hating someone as well.
>>
No. 425762 ID: cf49fc

>>425761
Rather, I'm quite certain that she's only able to feel love in simultaneity with the other at this stage of mental trauma. A mind like a web of scar tissue.
>>
No. 425769 ID: c811c4
File 134059618691.png - (12.27KB , 700x700 , 586.png )
425769

... okay, it is kind of a nice gesture, I admit.

"Did you put anything weird in it?"
>"I'm offended. Of course not. Just have it, I don't want to spoil the surprise."

"You look.. thin."
>"Almost as tiny as you."
"Okay, bring it out. I want to eat it. Are you going to have some, too?"
>"Nah. Too fatty."
>>
No. 425770 ID: c811c4
File 134059619755.png - (12.01KB , 700x700 , 587.png )
425770

I take a bite.

"Mom, mom, what is this?!"
>"It's called coffee cake."
"I want more!"
>"That's a shame, because it's an offworld food. It's hard enough getting sweets as it is, let alone offworld stuff, so you'd better enjoy it. I don't know the recipe, or if it's even anything we could make on this world."
"Let's go live in an off world!"
>"Hah. Just savor what you have."

>>
No. 425771 ID: c811c4
File 134059624360.png - (294.22KB , 700x700 , 588.png )
425771

>"Hey, you lost your silence. I didn't know this cake had so much sentimental value."

Son of a bitch...

She used moton egg in the recipe. It's the best coffee cake. Somewhere along the line, she got the moton egg from Sigira.

"So what's with the tribal markings?"
>"I once lived with a tribe."
"I didn't know they ever took outsiders."
>"It wasn't on equal ground. I was as much a prisoner and a plaything to them."
"Rokoa. Do you want to die?"
>"Only under two conditions. If you can best me, and you decide to kill me. That's a death I'll take. If I just wanted to die, I'd skip the foreplay and just jump in the lava."
>>
No. 425773 ID: b85f8c

>>425771
Ask what's so special about you that she'd be happy if you killed her.
>>
No. 425779 ID: e3f578

>>425771
Well, you just wanted to ask because that, even if Rokoa wanted to die, she seems the type to be too prideful to have be anything but a worthy death.

She's sociopathic, but not in a homicidal way, otherwise she'd kill you now. She's so contradictory. What are you trying to prove, and to who? It ain't her current hive, it ain't society, and I doubt it's even herself. A memory?

When happens at the end, Rokoa? What happens if she's so badass she lives for her full standard neumono lifespan? Will she lay in a bed, hooked up to IVs? What will make her life worth it? Each battle will only grow more boring after she'll meet her best opponent, kill them, and that'll be the peak of her life. She probably doesn't think that far ahead, but I can't help but wonder how it'll end for her if you don't manage to kill her here.
It all ends, sooner or later.
If not here, your life will probably average. A simple death on a mission for another hive, or in your bed, probably surrounded by a family you actually settled down with when you decide to. It ain't that farfetched for you. But fighting seems like everything for her.
>>
No. 425784 ID: 08005b

I love rokoa... oh wait was that out loud, anyways, be grateful, lighten up, and be calm for the fight. And don't kill her when you win, this is fair game, and winning will patch the kinks in your relationship, after this become friends.
>>
No. 425786 ID: 08005b

I mean it, being friends with her would be like a guy from Ethiopia becoming friends with Chuck Norris.
>>
No. 425787 ID: 886a4d

I don't know about making friends since her hive did blow Polo's up but for giving us that reminder of a fonder time perhaps we will let her live...

Do ask what makes Polo so special that Rokoa is willing to die by her hand.
>>
No. 425788 ID: b0d466

...I almost want to kill her now, just because she seems to want it.
>>
No. 425814 ID: 1444d5

Well, at least we know what the fire was. Rokoa: baking by trial-and-error.
>>
No. 425828 ID: b85f8c

I wonder if we really have much reason to kill her if we win the duel without her being dead. If she agrees not to come after us or our friends ever again if we win, then we can leave her alive. We'll kill her if she's a threat, but if she's not then... it would only be personal. Let's not just murder her, no matter how much her personality gets under Polo's skin.
>>
No. 425833 ID: b85f8c

Oh yeah, and another thing. You and your two buddies would be free to go, but... where? How would we get past the hive up above?
>>
No. 425839 ID: 927efa

You don't need to ask. It's obvious. Rokoa's never been defeated so soundly. She's clearly been looking to die for some time, but is too stubborn to do it herself, so throwing herself into her "work" as it were. Polo you represent what passes for hope. She likes you because she thinks that, unlike all the others, you might just be able to finish her off.
>>
No. 425844 ID: a2fa74

>>425771
"Since we agreed to this duel I've found out my hive is dead, and survivors are unlikely outside this complex. My duty is to protect what's left of my hive; everything else is unimportant.
This duel will only happen on one condition: Should you win, you'll take what's left of my hive as part of your own, and protect them with your life.

Do you understand why, Rokoa?"
>>
No. 425848 ID: c811c4
File 134062956592.png - (14.02KB , 700x700 , 589.png )
425848

"What's so special about me? Is it just that you think I can beat you?"
>"'Just' that. I've been beaten before on equal grounds, and I beat them both in rematches. You're the first that needed a third rematch. How is the coffee cake? I had to make it myself."
"I take it last night's fire was your first attempt." Rokoa laughs loudly at that one. "It's... good. So what happens if you beat me, then? What happens if no one ever beats you and you just end up old"
>"If I never hid from everything sent my way, and I still beat everything to end up dying of age? Then not a single regret. But here you are. And you? What if you beat me and escape?"
"Nothing. I will go and start over. And, my friends would leave, but can they really hide from the hive up there?"
>"Sure they can. We're leaving. My queen says the entire world is after our blood, and we have to evacuate. We don't have time to look for a couple stragglers huddling in a spire. We're going to sweep through here, take every bit of food, livestock, weapon and valuable we can find and fly the fuck out."
"My hive is dead, and what's left is my priority. If you win, would you make sure the rest of my hive lives through this? They wouldn't like it in your hive, but they should get a chance to start over."
>"The rest of your hive'll be fine, quit worrying about it."

I can tell that she's leaving out details in regards to the last couple of questions. I don't know what.
>>
No. 425849 ID: 886a4d

Well lets get this over with.
>>
No. 425850 ID: 505b2f

Time to show Rokoa why we are part of an special ops team!
>>
No. 425851 ID: a2fa74

>>425848
"This is non-negotiable, because I don't have a choice. My duty is to my hive, and I can't do what I want if it risks them.
If you win, you'll adopt my hive's survivors and protect them with your life.
You will agree to this, because if you didn't respect duty and honor you wouldn't be worth fighting."
Grin
"You'd still be cute, though"
>>
No. 425852 ID: 7a2594

fuck her shit up, Polo!!
>>
No. 425853 ID: c811c4
File 134063493034.png - (158.69KB , 700x700 , 590.png )
425853

I finish the coffee cake and get up. I let my empathic link turn on, letting Rokoa know that I'm ready. I don't ask any more about getting her to protect my hive, as she has no reason to give me a different answer.

I begin walking to my cover, while she goes to cross to her side and leaves the range of empathy.

Bridge B. She's going to the closer bridge B, where I've laid prepared C4 to detonate if I want.
>>
No. 425854 ID: 4e86cd

It would probably be best to be somewhere between B and A, because she can probably outrun you in getting to A if you are the same distance away from it.
>>
No. 425855 ID: 505b2f

Even tough it is tempting to try and drop her by blowing up the bridge it would be a major dick move. Also i think we actually have a good chance of beating her in a sniping match.
>>
No. 425857 ID: 08005b

Man, I don't want to jinx everything, but I think this whole intermission was a sham, and that polo is going to die. It is an itching suspicion I have. So let's buckle down and make sure everyone lives guys.
>>
No. 425859 ID: c3c502

DON'T blow early. If it doesn't kill her, you end up with a pissed off Rokoa on the wrong side of the lava stream. Her at close range is NOT a threat you can risk.

Aside- I don't care if it's right before we walk away from her mangled body and spare her, before we put the last bullet in her head, or before she puts the last bullet in our head- our last words to Rokoa have to be "Thanks for the coffee cake."

>>425857

Eh, not necessarily. This doesn't have to be before- it could be after. Or parallel. And even if it is before, and in the same continuity, we have wiggle room. We could spare her. She could win and spare us (yeah, I know that's crazy, but, Rokoa). We could kill her and assume she later gets rez-ed somehow. We could kill her and she doesn't (making the asteroid some kind of space-hell or purgatory).

Basically, don't count Polo out yet. If our fuzzy snowball is to have a chance in this hell, we need to be at 100%- not giving up.
>>
No. 425869 ID: 4bdd79

>>425853
Wait until she's at the halfway point, then detonate.
>>
No. 425874 ID: b0d466

I feel as though if we detonate the bridge, not only will Rokoa live, but she'll be after Polo's head. So yeah, let her pass un-blown-up
>>
No. 425878 ID: c811c4
File 134064328497.png - (109.60KB , 700x700 , 591.png )
425878

I've told myself a hundred times that I would kill Rokoa, dishonorable move or not. Ironic that now that the opportunity presents itself, I pass it up. A lot could go wrong.

I may as well wait till 12 o clock on the dot. Only a couple of minutes away. She probably won't leave cover until then, anyway.

Which leaves another question to be addressed. Regular ammo, armor pierce, explosive or laser. Alternatively, pull out the machine gun and just try and hope for an easy lucky shot.
>>
No. 425881 ID: b0d466

EXPLOSIVE AMMO
>>
No. 425882 ID: 505b2f

This is Rokoa we are talking about so i dont think anything in this duel will be easy.
I suggest you find a good emplacement for the machine gun, and load your sniper with explosive rounds since they will most effective against unarmored Rokoa. And there is no point saving our best ammo and end up dead without using any of it.
>>
No. 425883 ID: 08005b

Okay here's what you do. empty a magazine and load regular, and explosive, alternating so that the explosive round is first. When the duel starts, find her cover, and put an explosive round behind it and force her out, then when she's out shoot her with a regular, wait until she finds cover again and repeat the process.
>>
No. 425904 ID: c3c502

>>425878

Explosive is probably the best choice for overcoming regeneration and Rokoa crazy ignoring injury. But it may not be accurate enough to matter with your scope / haze issues.

I'd say initially accuracy is critical, and that says laser. As she starts to lose her tempter, or get impatient, or slows down from injuries, etc, swap to less accurate ammo.

I'd save the machine gun for if she ever charges. If you can't concentrate fire with it, I don't see it doing enough damage to make her care.

...can armor piercing be used to fire through light cover? If you know where she is, that might be a great way to start the fight.

Lastly- don't forget that the explosives can be used for more than just dropping her in lava. You can try and use the explosions for distractions / cover if and when you need to. Potentially another way to start the fight- light up the bridge as soon as she's across and start shooting (hopefully) before she can recover.
>>
No. 425925 ID: b85f8c

>>425878
Get your ghillie suit on.
>>
No. 425927 ID: 1444d5

The advantage at long range is yours. Hold your fire until Rokoa reveals herself. Lets hope that although she knows this too, the time limit will spur her into action.
>>
No. 425940 ID: f5b22e

>>425878
Use the beam weapon. Lasers aren't affected by wind, are they? If you can keep her scoped during the whole delay you should have a chance at getting some early shots in.
>>
No. 426008 ID: c811c4
File 134067096314.png - (19.00KB , 700x700 , 592.png )
426008

I'll open strong with explosive, but I will keep the laser rifle close by in my ghillie suit when I switch for accuracy. A laser, while a good choice, also would give away my location with more ease than a bullet.

She doesn't show herself at first. I'm afraid that I lost her position, but I'm confident which rock she took for cover.
>>
No. 426009 ID: c811c4
File 134067098164.png - (106.65KB , 543x515 , 593.png )
426009

And I was right, so it's easy enough to see when she shows herself. I take one shot.

The round takes a chunk out of the cover, but it hit the front, so I doubt it did much harm to her. Probably rang her ears. It would take a few more explosive shots to try and take out that entire block of cover enough to get a clearer shot. Armor piercing rounds can probably go through at least a foot of this rock.
>>
No. 426014 ID: b85f8c

>>426009
Maybe, but she'd be able to look through the hole to see where you are. Keeping your position hidden is important, because if she figures it out you'll need to relocate. Explosive rounds give no indication of firing angle, aside from the location they hit.

Fire one more explosive round then switch to normal shots. A normal shot won't penetrate deep enough into the rock to give a good indication of where you are. A general direction, sure, but considering you're firing from an agreed upon direction that's redundant information.
>>
No. 426024 ID: c3c502

>>426014

Is worrying about giving away our firing angel that critical? I mean, really- if Polo shoots a hole through the rock, and then Rokoa goes to look through the hole to see Polo, Polo should just keep putting more holes in the rock around the first one, and subsequently in Rokoa's head. Problem solved.
>>
No. 426113 ID: 505b2f

We started with 20 rounds of explosives ammo so lets keep the heat up and blast that cover to smithereens!
Hopefully we can land some hits when Rokoa is finding some new cover.
>>
No. 426127 ID: c811c4
File 134068797628.png - (429.07KB , 700x700 , 594.png )
426127

I pop some more explosive shots, wittling away her rock, and after 4 more shots, Rokoa sprints... or prances... out to go to another rock. That leaves me with 75% explosive ammo remaining. I can probably fire another 4 shots before she makes it to the next rock. Firing more explosives would finish this if I hit her directly, but that will be difficult. It may be best to use the more expendable regular shots to wittle her stamina down.
>>
No. 426136 ID: 08005b

whittle her down, you are prone, so you won't tire.
>>
No. 426137 ID: 4a328b

Use machine gun ammo right now
>>
No. 426148 ID: e3f578

Won't it take precious time to switch ammos? Fire a shot or two or explosive before switching on the off chance you do manage to get a direct hit.
>>
No. 426149 ID: b85f8c

She's looking for your muzzle flash. Beware.
>>
No. 426186 ID: c6ec33

>>426127
Fire for her legs / the ground, in order to trip her up. If she trips and goes down, lay into her. If she makes it to the next rock, displace for new cover before she zeroes in on you.
>>
No. 426238 ID: d17d40

Whittle her down. Remember how her newly-regrown leg gave out on her, yesterday? If you can make her hit muscle failure on that leg, you can do major damage to her. Keep her moving, don't give her a chance to rest.
>>
No. 426359 ID: 1444d5

Save your ammo: either she keeps running and wearing herself out anyway, or she slows/stops and gives you an easier shot.
>>
No. 426417 ID: c811c4
File 134075580720.png - (152.49KB , 700x700 , 595.png )
426417

>Won't it take time to switch ammo?
Only to switch snipers, but the appeal of this kinetic is that a flick of a switch flips the ammo usage, and only costs the time of one shot.

I fire regular shots, aiming slightly low for the leg. One shot, two, three, four. She's moving around jaggedly, but on the fourth shot, she makes a jerk. It's hard to tell if that was just a more sporadic movement, or if she got hit. And if the latter, where exactly she got hit. It didn't slow her down, and she makes it to the other rock.
>>
No. 426418 ID: c811c4
File 134075581908.png - (30.35KB , 700x700 , 596.png )
426418

Yet she didn't stop behind it, and ends up out of the other side, aiming right at me. My position is found, and I take a 5th and 6th shot at her as she takes 2 shots at me.

Her aim, to my relief, isn't nearly as good as everything else. Not to my relief, her ammo is more explosive.
>>
No. 426421 ID: b85f8c

>>426418
Switch to explosive again and take a couple shots to get her back behind cover before relocating. Prioritize stealth over speed during the move.
>>
No. 426423 ID: 4a328b

Keep shooting with the normal stuff until she takes cover
>>
No. 426430 ID: c6ec33

>>426421
This~
>>
No. 426436 ID: a5c529

suppressive fire
>>
No. 426555 ID: b33427

Fire two shots of explosive to try and get her to pull back into cover, then move behind that rock next to you. Detonate the C4 near the "A" bridge and use the cloud of dust and debris from it as cover to sneak away to a new sniping position.

What do you think Rokoa is firing? A gyro-jet mini-missile launcher?
>>
No. 426837 ID: 92b5fb
File 134084625812.png - (263.50KB , 700x700 , 597.png )
426837

Like she knew what I was going to do, she leaps behind cover just before I fire an explosive round. I don't know what exactly she is firing. It is most likely heavier explosive ammo.

I start moving out to cover. Slowly, in the wind's direction. Rokoa then leaves cover, blowing my own rock up with a flurry of shots. Thankfully I left the machine gun elsewhere. I have to wonder just how much ammo she has.
>>
No. 426842 ID: 92b5fb
File 134084735618.png - (165.07KB , 700x700 , 598.png )
426842

I keep an eye to make sure that she stays behind the same rock all the way to my new position. The heat is starting to get to me, some debris has collided with me, and I hope it is worse for her on both counts.

3 minutes pass, and she hasn't moved.
>>
No. 426847 ID: 132b99

oh no, she dug a secret passage under the rock!
>>
No. 426848 ID: b85f8c

>>426842
I thought you were out here for an hour before? You should be fine. I know she will.

Set up your rifle and fire one explosive round at her cover while watching to see if she pokes her head out anywhere.
>>
No. 426852 ID: c3c502

Huh. I was expected explosive ammo to mean small detonations, to increase local damage and impair regeneration. Not large bazooka battles via sniper rifles. Oh well, work with what you're given, and not what you expect. And why complain about unexpected firepower?

Why's Rokoa waiting? It may be a feint, to draw you out. And/or you might have missed her movement, and you're watching the wrong rock (she's fast remember. Or she has tunnels between cover/firing locations prepared).

If you're sure of her location, and her immobility, now may be a good time to try using an armor piecing shot to hit her strait through her cover. Remain wary though- she may be locked on to your position, just waiting for you to poke your head out.
>>
No. 426858 ID: b33427

Since the rock you're hiding behind hasn't been reduced to rubble, Rokoa doesn't know where you are. Trouble is, she might have slipped away too. You're going to have to get her to give her position away.

If you have water, take this moment to drink it all. Then slip around to the side of the rock, take up a prone position, and fire a single standard kinetic round at Rokoa's position. As soon as she fires, switch to explosive and fire two shots back, then slip back behind cover, before sneaking away again.

Considering Sigira's likely dead, Rokoa probably looted all the best gear out of her armory, and all the ammo to go with it. Basically, you can't count on Rokoa running out of ammo, at least not before she's blown up every rock on your side taller than knee height.
>>
No. 426992 ID: 92b5fb
File 134089589130.png - (18.04KB , 700x700 , 599.png )
426992

A water break, first. The heat is just starting to wear on me. It won't be an active detriment so soon, but perhaps my nerves aggravate it.

>Tunnels
I would be shocked if she dug a tunnel system. Rocks here aren't the sturdiest, but she would have needed heavy equipment and hide the holes well while I scouted her side.

One armor piercing shot is fired and hits the rock. It is aggravating that I can't see how deep it goes. Even if it hit Rokoa, it isn't as though she would scream and cry from pain to let me know. I fire a regular round for good measure to try and get her to do something.

FOOSH

Shit, I saw a flash from the corner of my eye. She did move without me noticing!
>>
No. 426994 ID: 92b5fb
File 134089604218.png - (166.90KB , 700x700 , 600.png )
426994

Is that a fucking missile?!
>>
No. 426996 ID: 132b99

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE
>>
No. 426997 ID: c3c502

Yuuup, she definitely raider the armory for the good stuff when she killed her Salikai host.

...is it possible to quickly shoot the missile en route, so it detonates mid air? (If your explosive ammo goes off at a certain range, and not just on impact, that might be your best bet).

If it's not- MOVE AND COVER! Fire towards her as you move. She's exposed and absorbing the recoil from launch may slow her down enough that you get a hit before she's back under cover.
>>
No. 427017 ID: 4a328b

fire explosive rounds at her
>>
No. 427018 ID: c6ec33

>>426994
From this angle, it doesn't look like it's coming towards you. Is it?

You've only got a few seconds at most, so ducking and covering behind the rock (especially covering your ears and eyes) is probably your only real option. However, if there's another rock further back that you could make it to and jump behind, that would also be good - anything that would put you farther away from the explosion AND behind cover.
>>
No. 427039 ID: 92b5fb
File 134090687314.png - (81.23KB , 700x700 , 601.png )
427039

It's a surprisingly slow missile, and its path evens out. I can shoot this one while it gets closer, and the hit is satisfyingly relieving that I still know how to shoot. The explosion's size is not so relieving.

I know where Rokoa is recovering from the recoil in relation to my scope. I fire two explosive rounds before the first explosion dims entirely.

As usual, I don't know if I hit. When the vision returns, she's gone. A few moments pass as I expect her to hop out from anywhere, but she isn't in a hurry.

In this magazine, I have 8 regular shots, 9 piercing and 1 explosive remaining. The other magazine has five, ten and ten respectively.
>>
No. 427044 ID: 4a328b

Chill for a bit, try and figure out where she's gone.
>>
No. 427046 ID: 886a4d

I suggest moving around, she might have a visor now to track muzzle flashes.
>>
No. 427181 ID: b33427

Slink behind the second nearest cover, swig some water, and pull your rifle's magazine. Transfer five regular rounds into the other magazine, and load it. Slip back out and visually scan from the "B" bridge over, inspecting the most possible Rokoa positions with binoculars.

Be on the lookout for anything that's a "manufactured" shape, like boxes. Rokoa isn't carrying loads of ammo, so she has to be pulling those missles from caches. Blowing one of those up when she's close by would hurt her, and deny her ammo as well.

Right now try to run Rokoa's best ammo down, while conserving yours for a barrage. Switch to the laser rifle and squeese off a shot where you suspect her to be. Attempt to shoot down any slow moving missiles, and take cover for anything else. Once time's running short, then you throw everything you've got left.

How much time do you have to defeat Rokoa, while still making it to the exit? Do you think you could evade Rokoa's hive and escape if you win, but the fight goes long? Would you consider setting and buring the egg-bomb, and sneaking away if time is running out, or is this going to be a battle to the death, even if it is a phyrric victory on your part?
>>
No. 427251 ID: 92b5fb
File 134094790350.png - (124.38KB , 700x700 , 602.png )
427251

Another water break.

And another moment to switch magazine rounds. I move 5 regular rounds to the second magazine and equip that, to put me back up to 10/10/10, but I switch to the laser rifle.

>Binoculars
I forgot them! The rifle scope will have to do. There's no sign of her by bridge B.

>How much time?
It is only 12:10. The facility exit, if Rokoa is right, will be opened at 12:50. And, again if Rokoa is right, the enemy hive will come down here at 3:00.

5 minutes later, and she doesn't show herself. I don't see any boxes or caches, but those aren't hard to hide. As for the egg bomb, I will use it if I think that is ideal.
>>
No. 427253 ID: b85f8c

>>427251
Move around some, and try to get a bead on her from a different angle. She's looking for you from somewhere, just like you are.

Have you tried looking at the TOP of the rocks? Maybe she's jumping from rock to rock or has some sliplines set up.
>>
No. 427272 ID: 92b5fb
File 134095357203.png - (152.90KB , 700x700 , 603.png )
427272

I wait a few more minutes, paying more mind to the tops of rocks and moving to get another angle. Nothing appears outside of the normal until Rokoa leaps out from her rock, showing that she hadn't moved much. She lands bursting into a sprint.

At first she appears to be moving awkwardly and jaggedly to avoid shots, but while that may be true, it looks too authentically strange. She's limping, but she isn't stopping! Her angle on exiting seems to be ignoring the nearby rocks altogether as she runs north.

I can open a barrage on her, but the question is, as usual, laser, or one of the kinetic shots.
>>
No. 427276 ID: b85f8c

I think she may be heading for Bridge A. Use your laser rifle this time, just to see how things go. I imagine she'll be looking for your muzzle flare as she runs and she found you quickly last time so you'll get spotted either way.
>>
No. 427281 ID: 927efa

Remember time is on your side. You can feel her but she can't feel you. Don't sit around lollygagging, but if you do shoot, move immediately upon doing so to ambush the position you were at. Don't worry about spending a lot of rounds or getting a definitive kill. Just keep yourself cool and calm and let the lava do most of your work.
>>
No. 427291 ID: 92b5fb
File 134095846756.png - (166.08KB , 700x700 , 604.png )
427291

She runs and runs. 1, 2, 3 shots. All misses, but that is to be expected, as I don't know how far these laser shots move. Although she has a rifle, she isn't using it to fire back at me, as she aims poorly as is. 4, 5 shots. One moves right in front of her face, but she moves like she didn't notice.

A 6th shot miss, but 7th is a hit! Her leg is hit!
>>
No. 427294 ID: 92b5fb
File 134095856016.png - (37.27KB , 700x700 , 605.png )
427294

But damnit, it doesn't slow her down at all. She gets down and propels herself with her hands, and even her bad foot is used to just kick at the ground to launch farther. She manages to get behind a rock, well past bridge A.
>>
No. 427296 ID: 92b5fb
File 134095872639.png - (323.69KB , 700x700 , 606.png )
427296

I begin moving to a new location, but a deafening explosion erupts over the top of the lava flow, shutting out the lights in the process.

My sniper scopes have night vision, but it does limit my amount of vision nevertheless. I am hoping that explosion is Rokoa, and not the rest of her hive showing up early. At first I fear that Rakae or Rikek would be above, but they should be searching for Three Stripes, who would certainly not be in the snow sector.
>>
No. 427297 ID: 299ed3

Rokua didn't look like she had a weapon so if we have some spare C4 maybe we could go over there and flush her out.
>>
No. 427300 ID: 886a4d

... Rokoa really, really likes explosives.

>>427297
Bad idea, the entire reason we're doing this is because it works with our strengths over hers.

I think we should stay where we are for now and simply watch Rokoa's position. If she shows herself and you can hit her do so but begin moving immediately. For this you want maximum pain so switch to explosive.

My guess is like you she has stashed weapon catches behind the the larger rocks. Be prepared for another missile, maybe a faster one this time.
>>
No. 427302 ID: b85f8c

We suddenly have the advantage. Move north. She can't see in the dark, so if we can catch her while she isn't moving, we can headshot her yet again, and that will be that.

Unless she has a sniper rifle with nightvision too, I guess... but from the look of things she has heavier weapons, unlikely to have nightvision... I don't know for sure though. You would know better.

Oh shit, I hope she doesn't have night vision goggles. That would be the worst.
>>
No. 427306 ID: 299ed3

>>427302
For Neumono, their brains are dispersed throughout their body so a head shot won't do that much.
>>
No. 427312 ID: 132b99

>>427306
it will impair their ability to see and hear.
>>
No. 427316 ID: b85f8c

Well an alternative is to shoot her somewhere we KNOW will knock her out. Then we leave her a note or something saying that we hope we never meet again.

Oh. Polo, how long does it take to arm the egg bomb? Also, can you make it look armed but not actually armed? Or ALMOST arm it and threaten to push the last button? It would make a FANTASTIC bluff. Optimally it would make Rokoa run away so we can get some free shots off at her.
>>
No. 427343 ID: c3c502

If Rokoa didn't rig that explosion, we have an advantage. If she did, that means she has means to compensate for the darkness. We need to remain wary until we know. For nor, err on the side of caution- assume she has as good night-vision available as you do.

>>427316

I don't think that kind of tampering is wise.
>it is extremely difficult to disarm, and blows up at minimal tampering should it be armed.
That, and this is Rokoa. Bluffs and threats won't work. If we threaten to take her with kingdom come with us, she'll laugh exultantly and demand we do it before she just shoots us. At which point our options become dead or double dead.

>Note
"So long, and thanks for all the coffee cake".
>>
No. 427346 ID: 886a4d

>>427343
Yes
>>
No. 427368 ID: 4bdd79

>>427343
YES.
>>
No. 427385 ID: 92b5fb
File 134099227114.png - (188.98KB , 700x700 , 607.png )
427385

I do wait some time. There is a lot of falling debris that I wait for.

The first thing I see on looking out are some of the shittiest visibility conditions I've had to work with. The second is Rokoa aiming back at me, firing a laser. It comes unnervingly close. Her night vision goggles effectively confirms that she was the cause of that explosion.

She blew a hole right into the snow section. The lights are still on up there, but they're so soft that it does little to light up our floor. It is beginning to rain, if not outright pour a river down into the lava flow, further messing up my visibility with the blown dirt that hasn't gotten wet.

The heat, however, is going substantially downward, and so is the haze. At first I think that is a good thing, but it hurt Rokoa more than me.
>>
No. 427386 ID: 886a4d

Return fire. Then get behind cover.

Those things probably have infrared as well, another big disadvantage to you since the ambient heat is going down and you'll stick out like a sore thumb.


Afterwords I suggest heading east away from the chasm, I have no idea how much water is coming in but if its enough to completely cool off the place so quickly its got to be alot. And water meeting lava means steam. Lots and lots of steam which could cook you if your not careful.
>>
No. 427387 ID: c3c502

Do you need to ditch your suit? With the changing environmental conditions (water, snow, debris, etc) it might now be a detriment to stealth.
>>
No. 427402 ID: bdb3f8

>>427387
nah, keep the suit for now. It is still reasonably well suited to the area, and will be until snow blankets everything and you are leaving tracks wherever you go anyway. In the mean time, it provides protection from temperature shock.
Rokoa doesn't seem to have any such protection, I wonder how much she thought this through.
>>
No. 427428 ID: 2ed56b

>>427385

a laser will be horrible in this mess. all the particulates in the air will scatter it. You should be able to get off a couple of good regular shots at her, then move further north.

The dropping temp will affect your ballistics though. The air is thicker now. Compensate.
>>
No. 427435 ID: b85f8c

>>427385
Open fire. Use explosive ammo.
>>
No. 427488 ID: b33427

Fire two explosive rounds, then pull back into cover. Aim slightly more towards the rock Rokoa is behind on the second shot, so the explosion will cover your movement.

Move north and recover the single C4 charge you planted earlier. It's better to have it on you to make an "instant foxhole" right where you need one, rather than planted where you might not need one.

How soon do you guess the temperature down here will get close enough to that in the snow sector to be a problem for you, now that the two sectors are exchanging air? ...Oh, and approximately how close is that frozen lake in the snow sector to where Rokoa blasted through? 'Cause a flood of ice water suddenly crashing through the ceiling is something you'd want to watch out for.
>>
No. 427537 ID: 44b4ea
File 134105055574.png - (253.79KB , 700x700 , 608.png )
427537

2 explosive shots are fired. One hits nearby, close enough to unwittingly knock Rokoa back into her cover as my second one hits her rock. I start running back north to get the C4 charge I laid, and the backpack is nearby there as well.

During this, I hear menacing snaps and structural groans, followed by a rush of water. I don't know where precisely the frozen lake was or how large it is, but whatever the source, there is an influx of water that is being poured into the lava flow.
>>
No. 427538 ID: 44b4ea
File 134105056422.png - (326.24KB , 700x700 , 609.png )
427538

There's some activity from Rokoa, and I look through the scope just in time to see a worn Rokoa driving away on a motorcycle.

>Water hitting lava will create steam, likely very hot steam
These kinds of scenarios just weren't covered in my training, but this does come to mind as possibly problematic.
>>
No. 427540 ID: 4a328b

....A MOTORCYCLE.

Shoot it. Regular ammo.
>>
No. 427541 ID: b85f8c

You've got her in your scope, so pull the trigger. Don't waste any time trying to keep her in your sights, though. Get the hell away from the chasm. Move back, but do not exit the agreed upon location for the duel unless you know she left too. Waiting for the time that the duel is supposed to end should make sure things are settled, but if the location is completely compromised before then we should just leave. Escaping unscathed while we shot her multiple times... sounds like a win to me.
>>
No. 427543 ID: 34b761

>>427538
Shoot to kill with the most deadly kind of round you got, whatever you as an elite sniper think is best for hitting and killing her before she can get away.
>>
No. 427551 ID: 44b4ea
File 134105519478.png - (337.73KB , 700x700 , 610.png )
427551

One more explosive round is fired while I had her in my scope, but it flies far off course. She hasn't left the agreed zone, but she's far enough back that a range of far away rocks make it difficult to shoot, even when she isn't completely covered. I expend three more regular ammo shots hoping to get lucky, but I don't see them doing anything, so I grab my backpack and start moving away from the chasm, directly east.

An eye is kept on Rokoa, and I see her moving back closer to the chasm, farther away from the waterfall. Bridge B. She's moving right towards bridge B, out of cover, like she's going to cross it!
>>