[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 452620)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 134708908841.png - (110.37KB , 800x600 , 926.png )
452620 No. 452620 ID: 97486c

"So... Will it work?"

>"I believe so, yes."

You and Styx examine the Dividing Pyramid.

>"However, as it stands the item will be burnt up beyond use after one application. I 'may' be able to have it work for one more use but to do that I would have to tinker with the item. Tinkering is an... Uncertain science to say the least. It's up to you my Lord."
Expand all images
>>
No. 452621 ID: f2c20c

How did you react to Emily?

Let's go ask the Mimic how much it costs to duplicate the Pyramid. Alternatively, what it costs to restore the Pyramid after it's used up.
>>
No. 452622 ID: 3975eb

Meh. Use it. Might as well.
>>
No. 452623 ID: 886a4d

Ruru the Rule Breaker managed to use the pyramid without using it up. I bet he broke the rule that states using an item consumes it. Ask Styx if she can get the sword to work for us.
>>
No. 452624 ID: bf54a8

need more of them. figure out how to make them and sell them for mad moolah.
>>
No. 452626 ID: 4a328b

Just use it as is. No sense making this process MORE uncertain.
>>
No. 452627 ID: 97486c
File 134708978416.png - (126.02KB , 800x600 , 927.png )
452627

You reacted in a very calm normal way when Emily did... 'That'.
You don't want to dwell on how well you handled the situation.

"The man I fought to obtain this pyramid had already used it's powers once before and it seems to be fine. Is it possible the blade he left behind, the Rule Breaker, helped with that?"

>"I'm almost certain it did. However this artifact is very strange. I've tried to find out how to work it but how to actually use the thing is beyond me. And if it's beyond 'me' then.. Well I doubt any normal person would be able to understand how it works."
>>
No. 452628 ID: f2c20c

>>452627
We're not normal. Wield it, examine it.
>>
No. 452629 ID: bf54a8

"that's because it doesn't work, it doesn't follow the 'rules' of how things work."
equip it.
>>
No. 452630 ID: 3975eb

>>452627
EQUIP RULE BREAKER

APPLY MIND OF CHAOS TO SAID WEAPON
>>
No. 452632 ID: f67efb

Equip the Rule Breaker.
>>
No. 452633 ID: 97486c
File 134709283480.png - (133.10KB , 800x600 , 928.png )
452633

You decide to equip it.
Nothing happens.

>"My Lord.. I should point out that wielding the weapon is one of the most basic of all tests a tinker would perform."

"I figured because I am a being of chaos.."

>"That would imply that your opponent was one as well. From what everyone told me he seemed to be a normal human. Well, as normal as one wielding that could be."
>>
No. 452634 ID: f2c20c

It sounds like we'd need to get him under our wing in order to make the sword work.

Experimentally touch that black thing in the blade.
>>
No. 452635 ID: 97486c
File 134709300629.png - (62.24KB , 800x600 , 929.png )
452635

>>452634
You decide to poke the black thing.
>>
No. 452636 ID: 97486c
File 134709321335.png - (126.67KB , 800x600 , 931.png )
452636

Beside you the Dividing Pyramid glows.

>"My Lord...."

The black part starts to crackle with energy.
>>
No. 452637 ID: 97486c
File 134709329532.png - (4.41KB , 800x600 , 932.png )
452637

The object explodes knocking you away from it.
You black out.
>>
No. 452641 ID: 9718f3

Time to wake up as an eyeball again!
>>
No. 452642 ID: f2c20c

>>452637
Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
No. 452644 ID: 97486c
File 134709384386.png - (128.30KB , 800x600 , 933.png )
452644

You are woken up by Styx.

>"Are you ok my Lord?"

"Mostly, yes."

>"Why don't we leave the tinkering to the Tinker?"
>>
No. 452645 ID: 886a4d

Very well. We do still have to talk to Rose about our actions when we were True Chaos afterall.
>>
No. 452646 ID: f2c20c

>>452644
Um, yes. Of course. The Pyramid glowed, though, is anything different about it?
>>
No. 452647 ID: 3975eb

>>452644
"Yes, of course. But then again, I can explode and survive! Hahaa. ha. ha."
>>
No. 452648 ID: 97486c
File 134709501531.png - (160.03KB , 775x525 , 934.png )
452648

"Of course. At least I can't die from such an explosion."

>"The object that exploded was the Rule Breaker so we can't.. Well, rule anything out. Luckily both artifacts still seem to be intact.. I will have to examine the Pyramid again."

"Very well. In the mean time I need to speak with someone."

You leave Styx's lab and head into the Barracks. You are about to enter when you see Emily and Rose inside having a discussion. Being a gentleman you decide to wait outside and listen. It would be rude to interrupt.

>"And it turns out kisses are like even better then hugs~~~!!!"

>"Mmhmm."

>"Have you ever kissed anyone Rose?"

>"A few people."

>"Isn't it the best thing ever!?"

>"It's uh.. Pretty good. I guess."

>"Kisses hurt though but that's only at the end other then that it's fine~"

>"Huh?"

>"The part where they push you away. It hurts a bit. Inside. But other then that it's great~~"

>".................... Uhm, Em?"

>"Yes~?"

>"....... Nothing."

>"~~~"
>>
No. 452649 ID: f2c20c

>>452648
Apologize for hurting her feelings. Tell her you're just not comfortable with kissing anyone, at all.
>>
No. 452650 ID: 4a328b

Turn and walk away. They did not see you.

Review agenda.

I remember we were going to look into the mysterious island later but I'm sure we have other tasks piled up that I'm forgetting.
>>
No. 452652 ID: a15eb2

>>452650
Yes, good idea. Talk about it later with Emily. In your quarters. Alone. Just the two of you ~together~.

>>452627
Think of it this way, Overlord. Now that people know you are temporarily stunned by kissing- you've got to elimate the potential for it to be used against you. So logically, you must immunize yourself through gradual and increasing exposure to it. Trust me, it's a Chaos-Golem/medicine thing.
>>
No. 452653 ID: 886a4d

... We still have to apoligize to Rose about losing control like we did. We forgave her for her betrayal and acting on whim like we did when we had both eyes together was reprehensible.
>>
No. 452654 ID: c31f72

We still need to give rose her sweet tooth back!
>>
No. 452655 ID: f2c20c

>>452654
No, that is Styx's decision.
>>
No. 452677 ID: bf54a8

give rose a kiss and say sorry for hurting her earlier.
>>
No. 452681 ID: 65004b

nothingtoseehere.jpg

Time you gotta review roses performance and see if it's time to give her her sweet tooth back yet.
(or maybe next year)
>>
No. 452689 ID: b8f73a

We aren't going to apologize. It's not even a decision, overlord just won't. But we could say something about it not happening if you kiss the right person. I don't think that's too subtle for her.

One way or another, dismiss Emily so that we can talk to Rose in private.
>>
No. 452789 ID: 9c8e90

Overlord does not hug, and he sure as hell does not kiss. This conversation changes absolutely nothing. It is no concern of ours. Just go talk with rose about accidently trying to kill her.
>>
No. 452891 ID: 97486c
File 134717793250.png - (121.40KB , 800x600 , 935.png )
452891

>>452650
Agenda:
Nin is still out on her mission elsewhere.
The Pyramid has yet to be used.
The Doctor is still with you and is working on the cure.
Those are things that can be done.

However, kissing weakness aside you do need to speak with Rose.
You enter the room making Rose jump a bit. Emily smiles brightly at you.

>"Overlord!!"

"Hello. Emily, can I speak with Rose alone for a moment?"

>"Mmhmm~"

You'll deal with that later.

Emily hovers out of the room.

"Hello Rose."

>"Hey my Lord..."


........

I don't know what to say.
>>
No. 452894 ID: bf54a8

"i want to apologize for my earlier action, it was rash and obviously spiteful, and i can see now why so many of my previous troops all ran when they had the chance"
>>
No. 452895 ID: 3975eb

>>452891
Rose has been absolutely loyal to you.

Time for you to be the same.

Get on your fucking knees and apologize for your asshole self.

Do it.
>>
No. 452923 ID: 42e984

>>452891
Hmm how about this? "Even before my loss of control, when you willingly died at my command I considered you as paid for your previous... poor judgement. When I went mad you suffered yet again. Because of that I set out to have my greater chaotic powers brought under control. I will see that your punishment is lifted after that is done with, and your continued loyalty rewarded.

Now, is there anything besides that you wish to discuss?"
>>
No. 452935 ID: 92c81e

>>452895
I love it. Do it!

Honestly, it will show great humility, and will surprise everyone that we would go to such lengths to apologize. If we half-ass this apology, it won't have quite the effect it could have.
>>
No. 452936 ID: 34d817

>>452895
That's ridiculous. We're an Overlord, we don't need to lower ourselves to that sort of thing. Not only that, but we weren't even in our right mind at the time. A sincere apology while standing will suffice.
>>
No. 452937 ID: e3f578

The best way to apologize is get her her damn man-maid slave already.
>>
No. 452938 ID: 42e984

>>452937
She was interested in a boyish spear user, we'll reward her with that when we come across one.
>>
No. 452939 ID: 886a4d

>>452936
I doubt he'll be willing to kneel. I don't really have a speech.Perhaps just keep it simple.

Rose I am sorry. I should not have attacked you, and I definately should not have killed you. I am grateful it wasn't permenant and it did not make you hate me. Would you like me to ask Stix about removing her punishment? Or is there another favor I could do for you?
>>
No. 452954 ID: d6c330

Really, don't offer to have her sweet tooth fixed. Either we have to order Styx to do it when she doesn't want to, or we're making a promise we can't keep when Styx denies us. Either way, we're losing face for no reason.

I mean, c'mon, if Styx we willing, she'd have already done it.

Apologizing for murderizing her seems reasonable. Especially since she didn't really even betray you. If she hadn't done what she did, 'you' wouldn't exist at all right now! Your previous regeneration incarnation with his radically different philosophy would still be around instead.
>>
No. 452956 ID: 886a4d

Thats why I said we'd ASK Stix. We aren't making any promises to do it ourselves. Or ordering her to do it.
>>
No. 452958 ID: 6a5a08

Don't make it crazy overcomplicated, don't rationalize, don't offer to fix the sweet tooth.
Just give a nice, simple "I'm Sorry."
>>
No. 452970 ID: 4a328b

>>452958
Agreed.

Then shuffle out of thar.
>>
No. 453092 ID: f2c20c

>>452894
This sounds about right.
>>
No. 453098 ID: 9c8e90

>>452923
This is a good idea.

>>452958
So basically this, but without the part at the end about the punishment.

Can we see her star stats? I don't want her to still be afraid of us.
>>
No. 453126 ID: f2c20c

I am against saying that Styx will remove the curse; that is STILL her decision. It's her personal punishment, and Styx is our right hand woman.
>>
No. 453127 ID: 4a328b

>>453126
Agreed. That's between them, nothing to do with us.
>>
No. 453272 ID: 97486c
File 134727152431.png - (141.61KB , 800x600 , 936.png )
453272

>>452895
You are the Overlord. You kneel before no one. An apology is needed but you will not do that.

"Rose... I had overestimated my ability to control the powers of chaos contained in my other eye. While you may have had a lapse of judgement before you've already been punished for that. What I did earlier was excessive and uncalled for. I'm sorry."

She smiles at you.

>"I don't blame you my Lord. If anything I... Sorta felt like I deserved that."
>>
No. 453282 ID: 886a4d

You did not. It seems we are attracting an audience so lets get back to work.
>>
No. 453307 ID: 92c81e

>>453272
None of my cute subordinates deserve it.
>>
No. 453309 ID: bf54a8

wait what symbol is that? fear is just an X. some... different kind of star. along with 5 stars of loyalty.

"we seem to be gathering a crowd, see you later"
>>
No. 453310 ID: 6a5a08

>>453309
Discipline, maybe?
>>
No. 453311 ID: d6c330

>I deserved that
You didn't. But thank you for understanding.

>>453309
Well, it can't be love, because we'd have seen asterisks pouring out of Emily and Shana.

Maybe it's some kind of tempered fear? Intimidation, respect? Dunno.
>>
No. 453317 ID: fd835e

>>453311
Pretty sure it's Trust - Kass had some when she upgraded.

"You deserve nothing but my respect."
>>
No. 453328 ID: 6a5a08

"The fact that you believe you deserved it proves that you did not... there are things to be done, and we are drawing a crowd." Awkwardly exit the room and let's go see how the Doctor's work has been going while we were out. Let's see if he needs us to find anything for his cure.
>>
No. 453329 ID: 6a5a08

>>453317
Also, maybe it's Self-Esteem? Kass had a lot of them when she upgraded, but Rose believes she deserved punishment and has only one.

Either that or Trust seem the most likely, though.
>>
No. 453535 ID: 42e984

Trust makes sense, it's maybe a kind of a negative result of our fear sense function.
>>
No. 453537 ID: f2c20c

NO CODDLING.
>>453272
Okay, that's settled. Tell her she should act clear of conscience from now on as far as you're concerned. Let's ask if any of the ladies watching have something they wanted.
>>
No. 453538 ID: 4a328b

>>453537
Sounds good.
>>
No. 453546 ID: 97486c
File 134734949982.png - (23.47KB , 800x600 , 937.png )
453546

"The fact that you believe you deserved it proves that you did not... Anyway, there are things to be done and we are drawing a crowd."

>"It's fine. Thanks for talking with me. It makes me feel a lot better."

You nod and walk off, ignoring the few who had gathered outside. Once you leave they step in and talk to Rose. You would listen but you have other things to do.

You arrive at the Doctor's makeshift office and inquire about the cure. He laughs and produces a cup filled with a red liquid.

>"Overlord I think this may be it. I'm not entirely certain but I believe this potion may restore someone infected to their original state. I was able to create it by using-"

He then proceeds to go into ten minutes of sciency babble that makes no sense to you.

>"I had it tested on myself and it seems to be far better then even my cure when it comes to restoring someone who's partially infected back to their previous state."

"You infected yourself?"

>"I will do many things in the name of science. The best part is this is so very cheap to create. Disregarding the initial creation any subsequent ones will only cost maybe G20 to create."
>>
No. 453547 ID: fd835e

>>453546
Sweet raptor jesus doc! What's the catch?
>>
No. 453548 ID: bf54a8

"sounds like we should catch a few fully infected individuals to test it."
>>
No. 453551 ID: 886a4d

We should ask Nix if she is willing to test this cure on herself. And then we must go find some fully infected individuals to test as well.

We must be sure this works before we announce it is available.
>>
No. 453552 ID: b98441

First thing is to secure this knowledge and the notes. We cannot let this be lost, not even allow for it to be vulnerable for a moment. I want the ingredients and instructions written down in triplicate and in our possession before he even leaves the room, then he reports to Styx and explains it more properly.
>>
No. 453554 ID: f2c20c

>>453546
I wonder if Nix WANTS to be cured? She's immortal, and the only drawback is that she has to spit her poison occasionally. We demonstrated just how strong she is because of that in our battle against Gram's troops. I suppose if she still wants to become normal again despite the advantages, we will accept her request. I rather wish to have a plaguespitter in our forces though. Maybe we can find someone who prefers living that way.

Praise the doctor for his incredibly fast work. We expected this to take months, and he's accomplished it in days? Lord Abel might not even believe us when we say that it's fine for him to take his doctor back.

I'm not sure if we should risk Nix by testing the prototype on her, but it's her choice. We should approach her and say that we have a prototype cure ready for testing and we wanted to let her know before we went out to find a test subject, just in case she didn't want to wait for a proven cure.
>>
No. 453555 ID: 0f4713

So I suppose it is tme to extend the testing sample?
Even if we encounter exceptions to the cure it simply means we have the potential materials to improve the cure.
>>
No. 453558 ID: 4a328b

>>453554
I agree with your logic; ask Nyx if she wants it or if we should find someone else to test it on.
>>
No. 453563 ID: d8c41e

what do you mean test it?
The doctor INFECTED HIMSELF and then CURED HIMSELF with it already.
>>
No. 453566 ID: f2c20c

>>453563
He only partially infected himself, like how Kassandra and Fluffy were infected. He hasn't tested it on a full plaguespreader, nor a plaguespitter.
>>
No. 453577 ID: 0c2247

>>453546
"We'll start searching for a test subject immediately."

Nix has expressed a disinterest in being cured. We will find another plaguespreader to test it on.
If it works we are going to have him teach Styx how to make it, then get in contact with the holy order and pass the info along to them. They have the people and resources to start curing people en-masse.
>>
No. 453585 ID: 1987d1

>"You infected yourself?"
That was reckless and dangerous. Had you made a mistake, I would have had an unknown plaguespreader unchecked and lose within my walls, no doctor when the spread of the disease was discovered, and likely attack by Abel when he discovered the fate I allowed you to suffer.

I appreciate your aid, and your life is your own to risk, but in the future if and when you plan to place me and mine at risk I expect to be informed.
>>
No. 453586 ID: 036ce7

Ask if such a cheap cure is only possible with the doctor's presence, as you understand he has pressing engagements with Abel. We should make sure it works, make sure we can reproduce it, and ship him back out ASAP.
>>
No. 453589 ID: 4a328b

>>453586
Yeah. Even though Abel's a complete jerkface we don't need to antagonize fellow world leaders needlessly... We'll antagonize him over legitimate issues--like his treatment of demons.
>>
No. 453597 ID: 6a5a08

Guys even if it didn't work he still has his proven cure for the early stages of the plague. He had a fallback just in case.

Tell him you'll search for a full plaguespreader to test the cure on. Nyx expressed some disinterest in being cured, and there's no way to tell if it would work on a full plaguespreader even if it was tested on her, since her state is not so extreme.

Afterwards, go consult Nyx about the possible cure.
>>
No. 453600 ID: 1987d1

Hey lose ends:

What happened with Gram and Tinka? Did we just leave them making out there in the shattered remains of their kingdoms? Or did they come back to the castle with us? What did we do with the Lilith's new harem recruits? She brought in what, around 30 new people? I'm not sure if the barracks had space for that.
>>
No. 453708 ID: 9c8e90

>>453600
I was under the Impression that Lilith had rather large quarters and that she was keeping them there, but that doesn't really make sense. Maybe Lillith has her own Wing? We don't spend enough time at home.

Also, would it be out of line from Overlord's new moral/professional code to Infect one of Lilith's dudes with plague to test the cure on a full onset Plaguespreader? If not, we could always heal Nix (thus regrowing the venom glands) and use Cure on her (keeping some venom to reinfect her with if the cure works all the way). Then we can just do Plaguespitter surgery again. I'd also like to test the potency of spitter venom on whoever we get to be the guinea pig. For example, In high enough doses, can Spitter venom make a Full-Fledged Spreader?
>>
No. 453791 ID: 6a5a08

>>453708
My main concern in using Nix is negative consequences when used on progressed cases. Using one of our (currently) unique units as a guinea pig for an only somewhat tested cure doesn't seem wise.
>>
No. 453820 ID: 97486c
File 134743073641.png - (131.83KB , 615x600 , 938.png )
453820

"Infecting yourself was needlessly dangerous.. However I am very impressed that you managed to create a cure so quickly. Take your notes to Styx immediately and make several copies. Place a few of them under lock and key. We don't want anything to happen to them. Right now I will see if perhaps Nix is willing to test the cure herself."

>"I am hoping she will say yes. I would like to know as soon as possible if it works or not."

>>453600
Right now Lilith is in the newly reformed land of Tzentorral. She will remain there until we can decide what exactly we wish to do with our newly acquired army. Tikka and Gram are still.. Getting to know one another again after such a long time apart.

You make your way back down to the Barracks and find Nix. You explain to her that a cure has been found and if she wants she can be the first to test it.
She's quiet for a long time.
She smiles.

>"Thank you but... I think I would like.. To stay like this... It's who I am now... And... I am worried that whoever I was... May not be as kind... As I am now... You know what past you did... What if I... Was someone who hated you? That... Is the kind of thing... That would happen.. Don't you think? But thanks for... Asking."

You nod.

"I just wanted to confirm."

>>453708
Using the Gunner as a means of testing Plague is a decent enough idea. There are several lounging around Tzentorral and one under Alice's command. However you refuse to turn Nix back into a Plaguespreader.
>>
No. 453821 ID: f2c20c

>>453820
Just get all our new recruits together somewhere, like in the courtyard, and ask for a volunteer.
>>
No. 453822 ID: 886a4d

While infecting some Gunners might be an idea it should be strictly volunteers and I don't know of anyone who would risk it if it didn't work. Imagine the bad PR if word got out we were playing mad scientist with our minions minds and lives.

So instead its time to go hunting for fully infected plague-spreaders. Now where would they be?



>>453820
Gotta respect the Overlord for that stance.
>>
No. 453824 ID: 6a5a08

>>453820
Knew you had a heart in that tiny metal orb, O-lord.

>>453822
Explain that if the experiment is successful, they will have taken part in the curing of the Plague, allowing the recovery of all the wandering Plaguespreaders to their original states, and making it possible for Cancer Mages to exist without being threats to society. Add in that if it fails, you have a means to recover their mind, and they would become immortal until a successful cure is developed. Even if they died in the demon world, they could regenerate.

If no volunteers bite, we'll go look for a fully infected Plaguespreader.
>>
No. 453825 ID: 6c7463

>>453820
Testing on our units against their will does little to help with our troop loyalty. Asking for volunteers is better, but putting them through a full infection seems a little much. Besides, who is to say that a recent infection isn't easier to cure than a long term sickness?

With our resident infected not willing, what we really need is another plaguespreader. We need to go where fully infected people are and bring one in.

That should happen as soon as we settle the issue of what we do with Gram and Tikka and all of that mess. Tell our good doctor to do what he can to secure the knowledge and prepare for later.
>>
No. 453826 ID: bf54a8

to the beast tamer lands! to pick up some plague spreaders.
>>
No. 453830 ID: 97486c
File 134743360016.png - (215.83KB , 800x600 , 939.png )
453830

Forcing someone to become a plaguespreader never crossed your mind. Instead you gather up most of your units and ask which of them would like to partake in the experiment.
Emily raises her hand.

>"Me! Me!"

>Rose: "Em, you're a golem. It won't work."

>"Oh... Nevermind."

Lenion raises her hand.

>"I will, Winner. If it will help you."

>Alice: "Hell no."

No one else seems to agree outright. A few look uncomfortable so you assure them it is only if they want to.
Lenion, Emily (won't work), Fluffy, and Ruby agree to help.
>>
No. 453832 ID: bf54a8

let's start with lenion, she is the most baseline human. so her odds are the best. then move on to ruby, then fluffy.
>>
No. 453836 ID: f2c20c

>>453832
That seems about right. Human, mageling, demon. It would be nice to have like, an elf or something, but this is probably enough to tell if it'll work in most cases.

Do them one at a time.
>>
No. 453841 ID: 4b44fc

Wait, why are we testing it on our own units? Aren't there plaguespreaders out in the wild? You know, spreading the plague? Let's just go enslave one of them instead. I think Nix was only level 1 when we first enslaved her, it should be easy enough.
>>
No. 453860 ID: 6e44d2

>>453841
Wow, someone with common sense. Seriously, guys. This.
>>
No. 453863 ID: 26a7c1

>>453841
thisthisthis
>>
No. 453864 ID: 51ba60

>>453841
this
>>
No. 453868 ID: 1d6b0a

>>453841
This.
>>
No. 453869 ID: 1987d1

>>453841
Logically, we only need to test the cure on our own if we can't find any plaguespreaders. And if we can't find any plaguespreaders in the wild, then the plague isn't a threat anymore!

So no need for gruesome medical experiments on our own. Bad overlord. Stop thinking like that.
>>
No. 453894 ID: 54fb5c

Ruby is a good choice if you need to do a super fast test right now. She hasn't seen much action lately and most importantly her physical strength has a very low baseline! If she transforms fully she can be contained easier unlike Lenion who is already a claw wielding combat powerhouse.
Otherwise take all the volunteers and just go looking for wild plaguespreaders. Bring spare cures.

Also offer Nix a cure potion in a reinforced and sealed container. Even if she doesn't want to take it now it might be good to keep a cure around. For example if she somehow accidentally infects someone or has a relapse. Additionally if anyone powerful ever tries to kill her for being a poison spitter then she could risk the cure rather than dying.
>>
No. 453951 ID: 92c81e

>>453894
The strength of the person isn't a big deal. Nix as a plaguespreader was very weak. The disease seems to drain the majority of the infected's strength.
>>
No. 454074 ID: 9c8e90

>>453841
I thought we were testing our own units for convenience, quickness, and quality control or whatever. Also Because neither us nor any of our units hunting independently has seen another plaguespreader yet. If we want to look for a fresh one first, we can.

Also, we should send word out to Kas' sisters about the availability of a cure, as they're healers and our allies. I think we might have said we'd keep them posted.

Since the Beast Tamer village are our allies and, presumably under our protection, Should we provide them with a dose of cure, too? For emergencies? There's no way they'd be able to reverse engineer it if we are still concerned about that, and they'd provide good protection. (if someone was able to obtain the sample by force, they'd be strong enough to just take the village from us.)
>>
No. 454083 ID: 4a328b

If we can get the cure in a form where we can just chuck it at people and cure them that could make it easy to get the cure distributed.
>>
No. 454137 ID: f2c20c

OH! To make things as safe as possible, we should go to the human world and do the test nearby whatever location that the test subject would respawn in. Then we can rush in fast in case they die as a plaguespreader and wind up respawning in the town.
>>
No. 454424 ID: 3734f6

It makes little sense to infect someone to test this because it comes with amnesia (as Nix DOES NOT REMEMBER her past life).

You should drop this idea and just hunt down an existing plague-spreader to test this on.
Heck, you don't even need to hunt them down. Just pop off to every town via teleport and put up some fliers saying you developed a cure and if they know of any victims to contact you. Worse case scenario the cure doesn't work and you do the nix treatment on them.
>>
No. 454437 ID: 92c81e

>>454424
That's cause we didn't cure Nix, we surgically reduced her symptoms.

I personally don't care whether we test it on a volunteer, or a fresh plaguespreader. Just get it done.
>>
No. 454469 ID: 3734f6

>>454437
>That's cause we didn't cure Nix, we surgically reduced her symptoms.
I know but my point is that if it DOES NOT WORK PERFECTLY then we just erased the memories of a minion.

If we are 100% sure it works perfectly then no need to test it.
If we are not sure it works perfectly (recover lost memories) then we mustn't infect a minion intentionally.
>>
No. 454605 ID: 6e44d2

Why are we still debating this? Test it on a plaguespreader in the wild. Period. End of story.
>>
No. 454606 ID: 4a328b

>>454605
PLAGUEHUNT: BEGIN!
>>
No. 454612 ID: e3814c

>>454605
>>454606
Thirded
>>
No. 454624 ID: 8247d0

Just test the cure on some plaguespreaders found in the wild, man.
Don't risk your troops.
>>
No. 455863 ID: 97486c
File 134794796349.png - (114.40KB , 800x600 , 940.png )
455863

Ok ok you -won't- test your subjects.
However the odds of you finding a plaguespreader just wandering about is quite slim. You have a better chance of-

>Meagan: "My lord. I couldn't help but overhearing your problem and I think it's time to tell you that I actually have a fully infected plaguespreader in my lab for just such an occasion."
>>
No. 455864 ID: 97486c
File 134794797979.png - (112.17KB , 800x600 , 941.png )
455864

"..."
>>
No. 455865 ID: 886a4d

Please tell me you didn't infect it yourself.


Whatever the answer we have a cure to test.
>>
No. 455867 ID: 4a328b

Oh, that's excellent!
But.
Um.
Are there any other incredibly dangerous things in your lab we should know about in case they break out or something?
>>
No. 455868 ID: f2c20c

>>455864
Oooookay. Meagan, please tell me you increased security in your lab like we asked.
>>
No. 455869 ID: 085efe

>>455864
do the thing to the guy that the stuff is made to do.

then never speak of this again, unless the stuff doesn't do the thing it's made to do to the guy.
>>
No. 455871 ID: 1987d1

I am becoming increasing annoyed with my subordinates taking on potentially dangerous personal experiments and not keeping me informed!

...but thank you Meagan. That's most helpful. We can test the new cue immediately. Are there any preparations to be made?
>>
No. 455872 ID: 100061

"thank you, though from now on I want you to keep me informed of any dangerous creatures you have in your lab"
>>
No. 455879 ID: 54fb5c

"Oh that's handy. When exactly did you catch it...?"
>>
No. 455896 ID: 9c8e90

Goddammit Megan.

Okay, so we straight up administer the cure, get the Doctor present. Maybe Styx,too, so she can watch the process. Do we want to get Kass in on this, Have Doctor teach her the ways of the cure? She is a healer.

From now on we ask Megan if we need living things to Science on.
>>
No. 455936 ID: b6edd6

I was about to suggest having our new army split into search parties to cover a lot of ground, but that works too...
>>
No. 455938 ID: 61d996

Okay... remain calm... clearly we don't need to be bothered about ever little thing she does, right? I mean really, that would be annoying. But there needs to be SOME kind of control here.

So calmly, rationally, tell Megan that everything she ever considers bringing into the castle from this point onwards has to be brought to Styx attention first and can only be kept under the conditions that she dictates. Failure to abide by these restrictions will be met with her placement into the most boring, peaceful, monster deprived location we can find.
>>
No. 455950 ID: 97486c
File 134800041336.png - (127.86KB , 800x600 , 942.png )
455950

"Meagan... You did increase the security in your lab. Right?"

>"Of course. The creatures in there know better then to disobey me while I'm in there. It's perfectly safe so long as no one goes inside that isn't me."
>>
No. 455951 ID: 886a4d

Meagan. Please tell whatever owns those tentacles to stop going after Rose.

Perhaps its best if you bring the plague spreader here.
>>
No. 455952 ID: bf54a8

"could you put a sign on the door then? and tell those... whatevers to put rose down."
>>
No. 455955 ID: 4a328b

>While I'm in there

...Can you extend those security measures to work while you're NOT in there as well? In the future.
>>
No. 455957 ID: cb8d76

>>455950

*point behind Megan*
>>
No. 455959 ID: 97486c
File 134800396789.png - (79.96KB , 558x542 , 943.png )
455959

"Meagan. I believe one of your creatures is assaulting Rose. Can you stop it?"

Meagan turns around and gets the creature to let go of a shaken Rose.

>Meagan: "Sorry about that. I'll make sure he is punished. And put a lock on my door."

"Next time you bring something into the castle show it to Styx first. Ok?"

>"Very well."

"Now bring the infected plaguespreader here."

Meagan fetches the Plaguespreader. With the Doctor and Styx watching you administer the cure.
Almost immediately the Spreader stops drooling the infection and looks around.
Meagan begins speaking to it in a odd guttural tongue.

>"Her hair used to be red, since she's been infected it's stayed black. However it seems that she has her memory back of before she was infected but nothing after that until this point."

>Doctor: "I detect no trace of the Plague. I believe we have truly found a cure."
>>
No. 455960 ID: 6a5a08

"Let's keep her under observation for a few days to make certain there are no side-effects, aside from the hair. If not, we should begin gathering the wild Plaguespreaders to cure them."
>>
No. 455961 ID: 2bad8b

Cool. Let's work out pricing and such.
Perhaps we could make the cured plauge spreader a minion?
>>
No. 455962 ID: e3f578

>>455959
She's going to have to stay some amount of time with the doctor to see if there's some long-term side affects. But otherwise, yes, we've cured a horrific thing in the world! This will be excellent.

Try shaving her hair though, it may grow back red. If she consents of course. It can still be fixed with hair dye or cosmetic magic.
>>
No. 455965 ID: f2c20c

>>455959
I say it should cost 200g. Twice as expensive as the other permanent ailments. I would be willing to lower it to 100g if there's any objection to it. Regardless, we should contact Kassandra's group, and tell them of our success.

Oh! And let's test to see if the cured plaguespreader still has any regenerative ability. Uh, with her permission, of course. What sort of creature is this, anyway? It doesn't look like a demon, and is female but with no sexual characteristics?

We should also test it on our minion volunteers now that we know it's safe.
>>
No. 455967 ID: 4a328b

Keep her under observation for a few days to make sure there are no side effects that we can tell. Better safe than sorry.

After that, I'd say get it ready for distribution to the major city centers--make sure to give the doctor royalties for it. But otherwise we should send him back home so we don't have a diplomatic incident with jerky mcorderface
>>
No. 455968 ID: 6a5a08

>>455965
>We should also test it on our minion volunteers now that we know it's safe.
Why? The only point of testing them at all is now irrelevant.
>>
No. 455970 ID: b6edd6

The problem with trying to put a price on it is that plaguespreaders by definition wealth (becoming one involves dying while poisoned, which makes them lose their gear). That also means that the cure cannot be bought and kept for personal use, as by the time the cure becomes necessary the cure is lost with their items and they are not sane enough to drink it anyway.

I think our general order of business should be:
1. Wait a few days to test for lingering side effects
2. Contact Kass's group
3. Work with Kass's group to arrange a means of distributing the cure (because mass-distributing a new potion would look much less suspicious if we do it while working together with an established healer organization)
>>
No. 455971 ID: 886a4d

>>455970
Sounds sensible. We should ask for a share of the profits, both for the doctor and ourselves since we did help contribute to the cure in a big way.
>>
No. 455972 ID: 6a5a08

>>455971
>>455970
Or we could not mention a reward for ourselves, only the doctor, earning some respect/trust from the church. If they offer one, we can graciously accept, of course.
>>
No. 455973 ID: bf54a8

it should come in two waves first wave costs just enough to cover materials and is for curing the already infected who have no one left that cares about them. second wave is the buyable in a potion version. they are the same thing, but the extra cost to make it 'long term transport stable' is on the potion version.
>>
No. 455975 ID: 4a328b

>>455972
Agreed. Don't mention it. Even if we don't wind up getting money, we'll generate good will--which is more important than funds in our situation.
>>
No. 455977 ID: 3734f6

>>455968
Agreed.

Its a cheap cure (20g). Demanding a high price will make us look like a villain, and we care about our PR.

It will be more profitable to give out the cure for free (both libre as in handing out the method of making it, and gratis as in paying yourself to make batches you hand out at no cost to those sick).
The good will it garners could result in finding wealthy donors to our cause (which we could even solicit directly) or recruiting new champions who would otherwise not work with us.

So firstly do this:
>>455970
And secondly, using teleporting place notes in every major city and large village that you have developed a full cure and that anyone who has (or has spotted in the wild) a plague spreader to cure can contact kass' org. Have a liason with them so that when someone goes to them they also talk to one of your people there on your behalf and who hands out free cures and well as the free service of capturing wild plaguespreaders if given their location. If demand is high then directly solicit donors to help finance this.
>>
No. 455981 ID: 1987d1

We're getting ahead of ourselves here. We can't begin manufacture and distribution of the cure until we're sure it's permanent (what if it wears off? What if the infected needs regular doses to suppress it?), that there's no horrible side effects, and that the cured person isn't still a carrier for the disease.

We need further observation of our subject, and to test on a few more, before we can be certain.
>>
No. 455982 ID: 4a328b

>>455981
We can put out to Kass's group that we /think/ we have a cure; to get them thinking about distribution and keeping an eye out for more victims to cure and observe the effects of it on.
>>
No. 456004 ID: 26a7c1

>>455959
Good god, just imagine the butthurt that will ensue when Abel hears of this...

But yeah, let's keep her for observation for a few more days to ensure that it's actually safe to use.
>>
No. 456008 ID: f2c20c

>>455977
>more profitable to give the cure away for free
IT COSTS MONEY. You cannot sell at a loss and expect to get a profit! 100g is not a high price at all anyway! 200g is just the STARTING point for suggesting a cost, and considering the severity of ailment and rarity of cure, it's a completely appropriate price! Come on, seriously. Supply and demand. Basic economics.

A villain would ask for like, 1000g. Enough to be on par with top-quality magical items- enough for an adventurer to afford, or a family pooling their money. It would be effectively extortion for the common man.

Also the point of doing additional tests would be to make sure it works for all species.
>>
No. 456011 ID: 1987d1

>>456008
We're not looking for a strait monetary profit. Money is just one resource or advantage among many- we can make a profit in other ways.

We're trying to improve our PR with other factions, and the world at large. To build goodwill. Proof of our changed nature and generosity when we attempt diplomatic solutions in the future. To make friends and potential allies with Kas' healer faction. To show up Abel for being too lawful stupid to looking for a cure.

There are loads of long term strategic gains we're looking at here. We can profit greatly without charging a cent.
>>
No. 456017 ID: 9c8e90

The Cure Costs 20 gold. I'd say, for general distribution to uninfected, $35 minimum, meaning 20 for the cost, 10 for the doctor, 5 for us, And if we find any ourselves, we turn them Spitter first and ask them if they want to be Fully cured later. But we can deal with that later, it's not our most immediate concern.

Right now, we need to Get Kassandra's healers on the line, I want them to come over and see this in person. Then, Figure out if we can communicate with this new chick (we DO have the Goldeon communicator), and ask what she is. (also, do we want to keep her? Seems like a pretty easy Subjugation, but if she's useless, she's useless.)
>>
No. 456019 ID: 9c8e90

But yeah, I'm not really concerned with Making money for it either. We could sell it at cost to the uninfected and just cure the infected for free. It's the equivalent of winning one level two fight, anyway. Most of our girls could one-shot that.

I figured the doctor would probably want royalties, though. He did charge us a fair amount for his services initially, but that could have been at cost or hazard pay for working (1) on demons (2) in the demon realm (3) without Abel's Permission.
>>
No. 456020 ID: cb8d76

>>455959
...also, get this woman some cloths! We are her host while she is under observation (i.e. until we turn her over to the healers).
>>
No. 456074 ID: 54fb5c

Who is this person? What is she? Some manner of demon? Where did Meagan find her?

Offer her a place in your retinue, but if she wants to go home then let her go with an escort (perhaps Fluffy?). Keep in mind you don't know how long she's been a plaguespreader. It could be years. Her family could have died or moved on by now.
>>
No. 456080 ID: 629257

I would still like to test the cure on someone who has been partially cured like our spitter for a while, see what happens to the memories formed then.

So, what's this girls name, ability, home, etc?
>>
No. 456084 ID: 0c2247

>>455959
Who is she, when was she infected, and what can we do to help her?

We will be telling the clerics how to make the cure, and producing some amount beyond our needs for them. No reward or restitution required. Those doses are for people who can't afford the cost of the cure, either because they have no surviving friends, family, or assets, or because they are simply too poor.
People will want to know where the cure came from and who subsidized their treatment, and the clerics will answer truthfully.
The truth will spread by word of mouth; it's the most effective form of advertizing, and people will notice the lack of bragging.

We'll have to tell the clerics that Abel tried to keep us from working on the cure, and that they not allow anyone to attribute the cure to Abel.
>>
No. 456086 ID: 97486c
File 134804793530.png - (79.35KB , 573x582 , 944.png )
456086

Contacting the priestesses will have to wait until you are certain that there is no negative side effects to the cure.

"What exactly is she?"

Meagan hugs the creature.

>"She is a Frost Imp and really rare in these parts. Useless as a unit but I find them so fascinating. Did you know that they breed using very complicated method known as the Bladed Dance? Basically the male grows a sort of sharp solid pe-"

The doctor speaks over her.

>"Overlord, may I have a moment of your time?"

"What is it?"

>"Concerning the price of the cure... I hope you realize that once this cure goes out I will be out of a job, right? My specialty is the Plague and only the Plague. While finding the cure does make me happy I must insist that I get a large chunk of the profits. If only to help maintain a decent life."

"What exactly where you thinking?"

>"Well if each potion were sold at G200 I would like at least G120. 20 of that to cover costs and 100 for myself. I believe this is fair. Also I would like at least 2 days to make sure the cure is actually working and not simply holding back the Plague."
>>
No. 456087 ID: bf54a8

again think split series is best. can get it for cheap in person but is full cost in potion format.
>>
No. 456089 ID: f2c20c

>>456086
200 sounds about right, really. Agree to his terms. That leaves 80 for us... Oh, I bet what'shisface the Law Golem will want a cut too, considering the Doctor is technically under his employ. How about we give him 20 if he bitches at us, leaving 60 for our profit.

>>456087
He'll be making the potions, and is not willing to give them away without a profit. There's a difference between trying to get good PR via the distribution of the cure, and trying to convince the Doctor to work for free.
>>
No. 456096 ID: 3734f6

Oh right the doctor. Well, he does deserve to be paid and he is also the only one who knows how to make the cure.

>>456089
If abel wants a cut due to the doctor working for him thats between the doctor and abel... He can quit working for abel and come work for us if he wants. I am more concerned about abel hurting him for working with demons.

Accept his offer. I guess for PR can just simply use some of our cut to put towards payment assistance for those who cannot afford it.
I am a bit concerned though that he is the only one in the world who knows how to make it though, what if something happens to him? Point that out and ask if he will be willing to trust us with info on how to make the cure (play straight with him, we will adhere to our agreement) and he still gets paid per potion sold as per the agreement.

Or, how much would he require for a single lump payment to make the method of making the cure public to all.
We can do a public fundraiser where we donate part of the amount and others donate the rest and we get our good PR that way; and he gets enough to retire on, can still make the cure for profit (only now with competitors), and can branch into new fields.
>>
No. 456099 ID: e3f578

>>456086
Yes the price is fine
You do realize that even then, the money will probably stop coming in eventually though? In the meantime you really should work on getting a new specialization or finding a new disease to cure. You're going to grow bored in the coming years, becoming more of a merchant than a doctor.
>>
No. 456100 ID: 1987d1

Point out he's not going to be completely out of a job.

Someone's going to need to oversee the manufacturing, and quality control of the cure. Even if we (or the healers) provide the resources and people to make them, he seems a natural choice for that role. The formula may need to be adjusted as time goes on- as the plague mutates into new resistant strains. The plague won't vanish overnight.

And someone will need to do an extended study of the people we cure as well- with any drug, you want to run long term studies (years) to try and determine long term side effects.

And even if he's specialized towards the plague, he has a great deal of medical and biological knowledge that could likely be put to other uses.
>>
No. 456102 ID: 6a5a08

>>456086
Seems reasonable. Also remind him that so long as Cancer Mages exist, more of the cure will eventually be needed at some time or another. He will not so much be out of the job as in 'working retirement'.
>>
No. 456104 ID: 54fb5c

Tell him he is incorrect. With the disease being curable it might be possible to explore its positive effects. Like the powerful poisons, immunity to bladed weapons, immortality, regeneration and so on. Just look at Nix. He's got to be kidding if he thinks he's out of a job. This is just the beginning. Think of what other problems could be alleviated by inducing a plaguespreader condition and subsequently curing it. Can limbs be regenerated?? A cure all that might only cost 20-40g is pretty hard to replicate.

But yeah around 200-250g per cure might be feasible. Has he got any estimate on how many plaguespreaders are out there? There's also the question of who will buy the cure, but I guess the rulers of those areas might be willing to cough up to get some taxpayers back at work.

We're going to need a new objective now. What do we have that requires doing? Any outstanding tasks?

Also: Penis fencing!
>>
No. 456124 ID: bf54a8

>>456104
no no, males and females are separate, the girls just have to deal with it ;-;
good thing they are a demon class so they have improved regeneration.
>>
No. 456127 ID: 1987d1

>At least two days
Seems a little short to me. Let's give him a week. In the meantime, we can see if we can find a few more 'spreaders in the wild to test.
>>
No. 456129 ID: b6edd6

We should offer to let him join in the negotiations with Kass's group about distribution, because we might as well and it could be helpful.
>>
No. 456131 ID: 0c2247

>>456086
"I was hoping to avoid charging for the cure at all.
Would like to expand your research to cover the Signed and potential therapeutic uses of the plague? Or perhaps some other worthy cause? I would be happy to fund your research."

Turn to Megan: "Please, continue. This is absolutely fascinating."
>>
No. 456143 ID: 4a328b

>>456100
Good points--he still gets his cut per potion, too.
>>
No. 456156 ID: 9c8e90

The doctor's price is perfectly acceptable.

Now, what is our next Order of Business? More training? Training is always fun. Or we could go exploring again. We could try to find Lugh, the red-haired spear user.
>>
No. 456188 ID: 6e44d2

>>456131
If we really want to get the cure to everyone, even those who can't afford it, we'll use our profit from those who are capable of buying it to fund charity efforts. Distributing it for free is not feasible.
>>
No. 456203 ID: 97486c
File 134812364345.png - (44.48KB , 800x600 , 945.png )
456203

The two of you talk about prices and wait times a bit longer. The Doctor states he will inform you when he feels the cure is truly ready.

In the meantime there are a few things you can do.
Nin is still on her mission. It's been quite some time.
Lilith may need help and Gram and Tikka need to be talked to.
And Styx informs you that the Dividing Pyramid seems to be fully functional so whenever you're ready to use it she is.

>>456156
You'd forgotten about him. Finding him can be a thing too.
>>
No. 456204 ID: f2c20c

>>456203
Alright, first, let's talk to our mimic, and ask how much it would cost to either
A) Duplicate the pyramid
B) Prevent it from being used up
C) Emulate its effects without using it
or
D) Get information on how the Rule Breaker sword works so we can just use that to make the pyramid not break.
>>
No. 456205 ID: f2c20c

>>456204
If all of those are obscenely expensive, also ask how much it'd cost to:
A) Get information on the guy who we took the sword from, specifically a spot where we can meet him again
or
B) Summon him directly here for battle
>>
No. 456206 ID: bf54a8

let's get nin's report.
>>
No. 456207 ID: 97486c
File 134812490460.png - (66.70KB , 655x544 , 946.png )
456207

You haven't spoken to Alalia in a while. May as well see what she has to say.

You find Alalia wandering about the castle. As you go up to her she sets down her chest and gets into the most casual looking pose she can muster.

>"Overlord. It's not often I see you these days."

"I've been busy."

>"Of course. What can I do for you?"

"Do you know of the Dividing Pyramid? I need to know how much it would cost to either duplicate it or make it so it's powers last more then one use."

>"Hmm... Both are pretty much the same. I'd charge you G1500 and that's the lowest I'd go for that."

"Right. How about the Rule Breaker? What would it cost to find out what it does or to teleport the person who previously owned it here?"

>"Finding out it's abilities with a Wish? ...... G10,000. As for teleporting someone across the planes of existence without their permission.... G20,000. Sound fair?"

She smiles
>>
No. 456208 ID: f2c20c

Yikes, those latter two are expensive. 1500g sounds not too shabby for the pyramid... ask if that's the same price as creating a new one after we use the one we've got.

What would she charge just for information about the rulebreaker guy's whereabouts?
>>
No. 456209 ID: 4a328b

>>456208
1500 sounds doable. Do we have that on hand?
>>
No. 456210 ID: 0c2247

>>456207
"How much for the knowledge of how to produce more dividing pyramids?"
>>
No. 456211 ID: 97486c
File 134812650706.png - (63.10KB , 655x544 , 947.png )
456211

You currently have G2690.

"For the Dividing Pyramid, is the cost of duplicating it the same as making it have more then one charge."

>"Exactly the same."

"What would you charge to tell me the previous wielder of the Rule Breaker's whereabouts?"

>"Yeah I could easily for G100 but it's limited in that they could just move out of whatever spot I tell you. I could also craft an item that tracks them for G2,000."
>>
No. 456212 ID: 2eac65

>>456211
>teleporting someone across the planes of existence
>across the planes of existence
That's a pretty useful hint right there. Let's see if we can milk a bit more info:

"What if we moved to another plane of existence, and called him from there? How much would it cost then?"
>>
No. 456214 ID: 886a4d

I say we pay 1500 for the dividing pyramid and 100 for his current location. I doubt hes moved on much since repawning and knowing that is half the battle.... I also kinda want to see if we can earn some loyalty from her.

Alalia is there anything I can do for you? The things you have done are very useful and while they cost gold they are appreciated.
>>
No. 456215 ID: f2c20c

>>456211
So... it would cost 1500 to get another one, no matter what happens to the one we have. Good.

Let's just go ahead and use the pyramid right now. We don't know of any reason to keep it usable at this point in time, and we can just make another one later for a fairly affordable price. That chaos ability upgrade will be VERY nice for us.

Go ahead and toss 100g at her right now to find out where the rule breaker dude is. Just for kicks.
>>
No. 456216 ID: 4a328b

We can get back to the rule breaker thing when we have enough money for that tracker. So! Buy the extra pyramid, use one, then go make some money!
>>
No. 456218 ID: f2c20c

>>456214
>>456216
Um, guys, do you have a reason for buying an extra pyramid? I mean, what would we use it for? We can just get another one later if we need it, and having it just lying around is tempting fate.
>>
No. 456219 ID: 886a4d

>>456218
Duplication is easier then creation. Theres no saying how much an entirely new pyramid would cost.
>>
No. 456220 ID: 97486c
File 134812787970.png - (62.97KB , 655x544 , 948.png )
456220

"What if we moved to another plane of existence, and called him from there? How much would it cost then?"

>"Forced teleportation is still expensive.. Maybe G5,000?"

"Very well. I would like to replicate the Dividing Pyramid and know the man's current location."

>"Pay me first."

You hand Alalia G1,600.

>"Now... Tell me 'exactly' what your wishes are."
>>
No. 456221 ID: 886a4d

I wish that the Dividing Pyramid did not expire after use.

I wish to know the current location of Ruru the swordmaster, a previous wielder of the blade called the Rule Breaker.
>>
No. 456223 ID: f2c20c

>>456219
THEN ASK HER! Hell, I asked, and got the 1500g number.

>>456220
Well FUCK. It's too late now. Let's hope we actually DID need to spend that money or we just wasted a significant amount.

For duplicating the pyramid:
"Copy the pyramid so that both are usable independently"
and
"Mark on my map where Ruru, the former owner of the Rule Breaker sword, is."

>>456221
Uh, the wish was for duplicating the pyramid, not extending it.
>>
No. 456225 ID: 886a4d

>>456211
Look here. Its for either duplicating OR extending its use. And I figure if Styx sees how it differs afterwords she can extend it even further.
>>
No. 456230 ID: 97486c
File 134812925580.png - (129.82KB , 600x500 , 949.png )
456230

"Copy the pyramid so that both are usable independently and mark on my map where Ruru, the former owner of the Rule Breaker sword, is."

Alalia closes her eyes for a moment.

>"Done. Now... If you'll excuse me I think I'll sleep for the next 24 hours.. Two wishes in one day is just.. Bleh.."

"Thank you Alalia."

>"Mmhmm.."

She goes inside her chest and closes the lid. You examine your map and see part of it is lit up with a faintly glowing mark.
You also now have 2 Dividing Pyramids.
The time has come to use one of them.
>>
No. 456232 ID: 886a4d

Welp not that what I wanted... however now Styx is free to tinker with the other one. Lets use one Dividing Pyramid and then find Ruru.
>>
No. 456235 ID: bf54a8

DO EEEET.
>>
No. 456236 ID: 97486c
File 134812958380.png - (173.70KB , 800x600 , 950.png )
456236

With Styx by your side you use the Dividing Pyramid to separate your more chaotic evil form from your other eye.
Styx stands beside and watches as the Dividing Pyramid lifts itself into the air and begins to glow. You feel yourself being pulled away from your body.

>Styx: "Wait.. That's not supposed to.. Overlord!"

Styx reaches out to you, to the pyramid, to something. But before she reaches you you see something being lifted out of her body as well.
Her body falls to the floor as you lose consciousness.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The next few moments are the most frightening in your short life. You feel yourself being thrown around a swirling indistinct vortex of emotion and thought. There are others around you, you can hear them. Talking to them seems impossible.
Finally you find something. Something you can attach to to end this ethereal feeling.
-------------------------------------------------------------

You wake up.
>>
No. 456238 ID: f2c20c

>>456236
Emily frowning? That's not right.

Oh no. Ask what happened.
>>
No. 456240 ID: 536b54

>>456236
Warning: You now have numb blades instead of hands. Be very careful with your blades for hands. You would not want to cut anyone on accident. You know, with your blades for hands.
>>
No. 456241 ID: 886a4d

Oh great we're in Emily's body.
>>
No. 456244 ID: bf54a8

wait, if we are here, then where's emily!?
>>
No. 456245 ID: 4a328b

Are you /seeing/ Emily or do you have bladehands now.
>>
No. 456246 ID: 97486c
File 134813084580.png - (132.92KB , 800x600 , 951.png )
456246

>>456240
What
the
hell

You examine your new blade hands with a sort of detached horrified interest.
You're guessing something didn't go quite right.
>>
No. 456248 ID: f2c20c

There's Rose. Ask her where your body is.
>>
No. 456249 ID: 886a4d

Rose, something just went very wrong.... unless Styx?
>>
No. 456252 ID: 4a328b

Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. Go check on Styx and your [possibly chaotic evil] body
>>
No. 456259 ID: f2c20c

Hey Overlord, how do you feel about hugs NOW?
>>
No. 456260 ID: 2eac65

Okay, who's in what body now? We'll need a list as soon as possible.
>>
No. 456261 ID: 9c8e90

Okay, I think we just found our new project. >>456249
>>456260
These.
>>
No. 456267 ID: 0c2247

>>456246
Bet you're wishing you gave her real hands when I said to!
HA! Serves you right!
>>
No. 456277 ID: 1987d1

Well, so much for checking in with Gram / Tinka or Lilith. Would have thought that was the practical next step before we went back to experimentation. Oh well.

Seems kind of obvious we separated yourself from the eye, not just our past incarnation. The interesting questions now: what happened to Emily? Did we swap positions? Is she just suppressed / asleep while we steal her ride? Is she still in here with us and just hasn't spoken up yet? Or has their been a whole big body shuffle?

Ask Rose if that's really her over there. And when you need to prove you're you, and not Emily just acting crazy, your grumpiness and dislike of hugs should be enough.
>>
No. 456280 ID: 92c81e

>>456267
Sword hands makes her special, and it's not like it stops her from hugging anyway. It's fine.
>>
No. 456281 ID: 5d98c3

>>456246
Time to figure out precisely who is in what body. Also to find something to catharsis to death.
>>
No. 456283 ID: 6a5a08

Well, those of you who wanted to get into Emily's dress, you succeeded.

Now let's see if anyone else switched bodies besides us and Styx.

Theory: remember when the Rule Breaker made the pyramid glow? Oops, we maybe broke the artifact. and then duplicated the already broken artifact.
Alternate theory: in reaction to the pure chaos that is probably Badass Overlord's soul, the pyramid went 'fuck this' and threw it wherever wasn't there.
>>
No. 456284 ID: 3734f6

>Mind switched into body of a woman
>Blades for arms
Do NOT do the first thing that comes to mind!

Lets go back to where our body was.
>>
No. 456285 ID: 1987d1

Actually, let's be very careful with those arms. You're not used to having several foot long blades for hands. Keep your distance from people, be conscious of where they are at all times, and absolutely no gesturing while talking. We want to avoid accidentally cutting up your allies.
>>
No. 456287 ID: 085efe

>Do NOT do the first thing that comes to mind!

What, you mean like don't make sure the others are okay?
>>
No. 456704 ID: 97486c
File 134829759016.png - (190.58KB , 800x600 , 952.png )
456704

You suddenly have the urge to hug everything forever. However you are able to control yourself long enough to fl-

You trip over your new floaty legs and crash into a wall.
Rose? walks up to you.

>Rose?: "Emily what happened!! I'm half naked!"

"Who are you?"

>"?? It's me, Kassandra!"

"I see.. Kassandra you are in Rose's body. I am the Overlord. An experiment of mine went horribly wrong."

>"B-b-but I shouldn't be like this! I need a face mask! And clothes!"

"I think there are bigger problems then that."

You try to make yourself stand upright. It takes all your concentration to control the two hoverdiscs long enough to simply not fall over.
Moving about may be a bit problematic.
>>
No. 456705 ID: f2c20c

Get Kassandrose to push/pull you around. Just stay stable and she can get you places.

First thing's first, get to the lab and see who's in your original body.
>>
No. 456707 ID: 886a4d

I hope someone loyal got our body. Anyway, practice moving... though the urge to hug everyone forever might mean Emily is still in there. Try to stop thinking about staying upright. And instead just move forward without thinking on the hows.
>>
No. 456709 ID: bf54a8

no wonder emily is a ditz, almost all of her brain power is going towards controlling this thing. need to issue a general alert and have everyone move into the throne room or something...

i really hope meagan wasn't in the middle of an experiment when this happened. if someone switched to her they could be in for a rough time.
>>
No. 456712 ID: 1987d1

>>456709
Worse than that, imagine if her monsters got in on the swapping!
>>
No. 456713 ID: f2c20c

>>456705
In fact how about we grab Kassandrose with our arms, like riding piggyback? It's definitely not exactly like a hug.
>>
No. 456715 ID: 9c8e90

>>456713
Definitely don't grab her. With our luck, we'll misjudge the distance or the force required and impale her. If we are going to have Kassandrose be our means of propulsion, have her pull or push us.

See if we can't summon any minions to us. Failing that, call out and see who's close.
>>
No. 456719 ID: 6a5a08

Stern Overlord face looks so out of place on Emily.

Anyways, ask Kassandrose to push/drag you to Styx's lab.
>>
No. 456721 ID: 629257

>>456704
Kass is going to have to push you around while you try to stay upright. Try to calm her by telling her she shouldn't be embarrassed by someone elses body.
>>
No. 456732 ID: 4a328b

Use your blade-arms to stab walls and pull yourself along while staying mostly upright
>>
No. 456738 ID: d5a166

>>456704
"Kassandra I really hate to ask this but it would be fastest if you acted as my legs for a moment."
>>
No. 456739 ID: 6a5a08

>>456732
Changing vote to this, clearly the most Badass method.

"Kassandra, you aren't half-naked. Rose is half-naked. Worry about finding your own body and hoping it isn't half-naked. While you're looking, can you tell everyone to gather in the throne room?"
>>
No. 456741 ID: 97486c
File 134830439454.png - (171.57KB , 800x600 , 953.png )
456741

"Kassandra, you aren't half-naked. Rose is half-naked. Worry about finding your own body and hoping it isn't half-naked. While you're looking, can you tell everyone to gather in the throne room?"

>"Ok..."

You try to summon everyone to you as you would normally do but it seems that your class is not longer Overlord but simply FleshGolem. Without that title you can't summon everyone conveniently.
Rose goes ahead of you as you stab at a nearby wall and drag yourself around on your newfound legs.
Even in her body you find it hard to naturally 'walk'.

As you move along you bump into... Yourself.

>"Emily!"

"Before you go any further you should know everyone switched bodies. I'm the Overlord. Which one are you?"

>"It's me you idiot! Fluffy! What the hell did you do!?"

"It was an..."
>>
No. 456742 ID: 97486c
File 134830448840.png - (108.79KB , 800x600 , 954.png )
456742

You suddenly feel very odd.
>>
No. 456747 ID: 4a328b

It's the charm effect

Tell her to put the mask on, claim she looks silly without it.

Then tell her to gather in the throne room and get anyone she sees on the way to do the same.

edit: Wait no, she has the Overlord title right now. Tell her to conveniently SUMMON everyone to the throne room.
>>
No. 456748 ID: bf54a8

yeah tell her to close the faceplate, and then tell her that she should be able to call everyone in the castle to a location
>>
No. 456752 ID: f2c20c

Tell her to PLEASE put the mask back on and Summon everyone here.
>>
No. 456755 ID: 6a5a08

Makeouts ensue.
>>
No. 456781 ID: 886a4d

Oh dear, Fluffy isn't someone I would have picked. Why couldn't it have been Shana? She just would have perved on it. Or Alice? Alice might protest but she is loyal. Fluffy? We have no idea what she will do once she realizes just what she can do with that body.
>>
No. 456782 ID: 1987d1

>>456781
Worst case, we can always smack her upside the head. She can't do much as an eyeball.
>>
No. 456794 ID: e3f578

>>456741
Fluffy, you really need to stop blaming us for everything that goes wrong. That's not what is going to help her achieve her dream of becoming a great hero. Adapting to situations and solving them is what's going to get shit done, not seeking blame for them, you'll be damned if anyone in your body is going to starts doing dumb things because she can't stop to think every once in a while and solve the actual problem instead of seeking justice for it's cause.

Now shut up and help us, our body is irresistibly sexy and we don't like thinking this at all! For one, there's no curves and no exquisite beauty to even enjoy from afar! It isn't right! How are we supposed to be full of ourselves and our accomplished harem and do absolutely nothing with it but watch if someone else has the body that holds those accomplishments!
>>
No. 456804 ID: 4a328b

>>456782
Oh oh, do this and go "There's a reason I leave the visor down, y'know."
>>
No. 456813 ID: 9c8e90

Tell the Fluffster to put the visor down. I'm starting to think the magic sexyface has been more trouble than it's worth.

Voting against having FluffyLord conveniently summon everything though. She and Kassandrose can gather everyone together well enough as it is. I'd really rather not have a zealot with a loose grip on reality KNOW she can use our powers. What if she decides to release everyone from the Enslavement spell? Nin would start teamkilling everyone and we'd have a big mess. Or what if she teleports the hell away and starts mucking about with our foreign policy? Fuck.
>>
No. 456819 ID: 0c2247

>>456741
"Lab accident. Could you please put my mask back on? Emily's body is responding in ways that make me very uncomfortable."
>>
No. 456832 ID: 54fb5c

"Fluffy! Close the helm immediately! There are dangerous enchantments woven on my head!"

Explain that the Dividing Pyramid misfired. Your evil part might be out there in someone elses body so everyone needs to be accounted for. Try to frighten Fluffy a bit to keep her mind away from thoughts about abusing her newfound power. Hint that she could have swapped with Meagan so that Fluffys real body could be molested by unspeakable horrors at any time...
>>
No. 457228 ID: 97486c
File 134839915153.png - (216.99KB , 800x600 , 955.png )
457228

"Fluffy please close my visor and stop yelling. I'm going to gather everyone and try to sort this mess out."

She flips the mask back down and the effect ends. You really must get an off switch for that thing.
Instead of revealing her new potential powers you decide to gather everyone the old fashioned way. As you carefully make your way into the throne room you see Ruby, Alice and Styx are already there.

>Ruby?: "Like I said Ruby it is a simple mix up resulting from the Rule Breaker contaminating the Dividing Pyramid. If we can simply gather everyone who's been affected together it should be an easy enough fix."

>Alice?: "Well do it fast! Unlike the Archer 'my' face is not to be revealed until I've mastered all the arcane arts!"

>Styx?: "Styx how the hell can you stand this back pain? And it feels cold everywhere.."

>Rubyx: "You get used to it. Ah, Emily, my Lord. Glad you two are OK."

"I'm the Overlord."

>Fluffy: "And I'm Fluffy!"

>Styx: "My apologies. You can understand why it might be a bit difficult. My Lord I am pleased to report that the negative side of you has been separated. However, the separation only affects the eye and if the personality bound to it has been moved elsewhere like the rest of us have then I fear it may still be quite... Evil. In the explosion I seem to have lost the eye and without that we can not return everyone back to their former self."

>Fluffy: "Can't you just summon everyone together like you always do?"

"No. The power was uh... Divided from me."

>Fluffy: "So then how the heck do we find a small orb? And where's everyone else?"

>Styx: "Probably 'flipping the fuck out' as Ruby here was moments ago."

Oh good. A Search Quest.
>>
No. 457230 ID: f2c20c

>>457228
Emily is probably not freaking out too much. Anyway, send everyone out to the various corners of the castle, and tell them to inform everyone that the throne room is the gathering spot. You will stay here, and anyone that isn't back in 10 minutes will be assumed to have met Nega-Overlord, and the group in the throne room will then go to that location to apprehend him.
>>
No. 457233 ID: 2b7692

Oh god, whoever swapped into the demonoligists body is probably having a bad time.
>>
No. 457236 ID: 886a4d

>>457233
Or a very good time.
>>
No. 457238 ID: bf54a8

well as long as it's just meagan's body having the 'time' it's fine. if meagan in someone else's body tries to have fun then THAT is a problem.
>>
No. 457239 ID: 54fb5c

Get a marking pen or some stickers and write a note on everyones foreheads or clothes to mark clearly who they are or this will get very confusing very fast.

Take charge with determination. Styx should stay here and wait for any others to arrive. She can explain things. Overlord goes searching with Fluffy to keep an eye on his body and the others should go off in a separate directions in pairs. Tell everyone to not go around alone and to send back people to the throne room in groups as they are found to be reassigned to further searching or guard duties. Suggest that everyone should just consider this a good chance to get to know each other. An occasional change in perspective is only healthy. This is probably something you will laugh about in a few years time.

(I want Overlord to go searching to see what kind of embarrassing situations people have got themselves into)
>>
No. 457240 ID: 886a4d

>>457239
Sounds good.
>>
No. 457243 ID: 1987d1

>>457239
Name tags might be easier than writing on everyone's heads.
>>
No. 457315 ID: f2c20c

>>457233
Oh jesus, you're right. Have Fluffy go up there, since Overlord's body doesn't have anything that the lab's stuff can molest.
>>
No. 457828 ID: acefd6

Ask Fluffy what it's like being in a golem body with a "normal" set of senses.
>>
No. 457891 ID: 04f301

Why does Styx's back hurt?
>>
No. 457969 ID: 6a5a08

>>457891
Probably from when she was beaten and blinded by the Heroes who defeated Badass Overlord.
>>
No. 457970 ID: cefa80

>>457969
Also from large gazongas?
>>
No. 457973 ID: bf54a8

>>457970
yes
>>
No. 457976 ID: e67c16

>>457891
From her terrible posture.
>>
No. 458044 ID: 629257

Right, name tags for everyone. Remind Ruby that it isn't her face so don't worry about it.

Ask Fluffy, Kass and whoever is in Styx's body where they last were when this happened and if they were with anyone. Unless Alice is in Styx's body then that'll give us three leads for finding the others.

Gather everyone, we will need a group to handle some of the problems we'll face, and splitting up sounds like a hassle and possible liability. Let's just make one roaming group that can fan out and gather everyone as we go.

>>457976
I think the posture is more a consequence than cause.
>>
No. 458335 ID: 97486c
File 134873026543.png - (194.85KB , 800x600 , 956.png )
458335

Ok. The one in Styx's body is Shana, the one in Alice's body is Ruby, and the one in Ruby's body is Styx. Also you are in Emily's and Fluffy is in your own. You make a note on everyone's clothes to make sure you keep this in mind.
You tell Styx that if anyone comes in here to explain the situation and keep them calm. In the meantime you will try and find anyone else.
First you want to check on Meagan's lab.

It's upstairs.

You manage to make it up a few steps before your hover legs give way and leave you tumbling down. You slam into someone and knock them into the ground below you.

>Shana?: "Hello, me!"
>>
No. 458337 ID: 4a328b

Found Emily!

Injured Emily, too! D: Nice going there, Overlord.

Don't try and help her up you will probably stab her more
>>
No. 458339 ID: f2c20c

>>458335
Whoops, it looks like Emily is in Shana's body and you cut her with those blade arms. Check to be sure she isn't seriously wounded. If she is, administer a healing potion.

Also tell Shanily that you're the Overlord, and everyone switched bodies. Ask her how the heck she can use these legs, it's maddening.
>>
No. 458341 ID: bf54a8

give her a kiss :3c
>>
No. 458345 ID: 629257

Check her for further injuries, if the cut on the forehead is all there is give her a healing potion if possible. If there is a serous wound and items don't work have her hurry to Styx and the others to be treated.

Hopefully everything is fine and she can pull us or whatever to where we need to go. Alternatively, we could learn to fly properly.
>>
No. 458360 ID: 62bab4

...hello Emily. I don't know how you get around in these.

Interesting question: who do we need to heal that cut: Kas, or Kas' body?
>>
No. 458366 ID: 4b44fc

>>458360
We are currently fleshgolem class, and presumably fluffy is overlord class. That would lead me to believe the class abilities stayed with the bodies. We'd need kass's body and also someone who knows how her stuff works.
>>
No. 458369 ID: 6a5a08

Closest Emily will ever get to a hug from Overlord.

Don't try to help her up, just have her position you upright herself.
>>
No. 458375 ID: 719ae8

Man this search quest is just meant for all kinds of awkward lol
>>
No. 458446 ID: eb6589

...Can Emily move around alright in a body with limbs? Can she carry us?
>>
No. 458543 ID: 494a9e

sloppy makeouts tiem!

or, y'know, healing at Kas'. just make sure Fluffy isn't around to find out she can play Overlord with out body.
>>
No. 458552 ID: a7ccfa

Say it's you and ask if there's a trick to the hover legs as you seem to be having issues with them.

Briefly explain the swappage situation. Has she met anyone else?
>>
No. 461266 ID: 97486c
File 134975311507.png - (97.58KB , 460x600 , 957.png )
461266

She's fine, no need to worry.
I quickly explain what's going on and ask if she's run into anyone else.

>"Nope~ You're the first one I've seen all day~"

"I see. Perhaps you can help me move around? I'm finding it rather difficult to-"

Shanily, you mean Emily, quickly pulls you in for a hug.

>"My chest is soft~ Where do you wanna go Overlord?"
>>
No. 461268 ID: 886a4d

First we need to check on the labs. Whomever got Megan's body might not be fairing well.
>>
No. 461270 ID: e487f5

>>461266
>Emily in a real body

Hnnnnnng
>Emily hugging her normal body

HRNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
No. 461277 ID: e3f578

>>461266
I know no one hugs you Overlord, but this may be necessary for practicality. Plus, honestly, even with the awkwardness about it, can you deny a person to kinda grope their own body from an alien perspective? I mean, you remember your feels when you saw yourself. Don't you deny it. You wanted to get up all in your own business, even if it was technically Fluffy's at the time.

Plus I don't think Emily will capable of stopping at this point, even if you ask nicely. So you might as well move on, you can preserve your image when it's you presenting your own body. Fluffy luckily doesn't hug anyone so don't expect your image ruined anytime soon.

Come on now, get up the stairs.
>>
No. 461278 ID: 629257

Technically you aren't hugging anyone. More technically, YOU aren't being hugged. Just point her towards Megans lab so we can get this over with already.
>>
No. 461281 ID: f2c20c

Hey, you didn't immediately shove her away, you're improving.

Get her to move you into the labs.
>>
No. 461306 ID: 86c3a7

>Hey, you didn't immediately shove her away, you're improving.
I would be difficult to shove her away without bisecting her. We're only tolerating this hug because we don't want to kill a useful minion (possibly two, depending on how the swapping works). That's the only reason. It's... not like we like this or anything. @_@

Labs seem a good place to check.
>>
No. 461315 ID: eb6589

To the demon labs it is! Shanily and Emverlord Awaaayyy!!!
>>
No. 461438 ID: a5d914

I was kinda hoping you could go to the baths... You know to make sure no one is drowning...
>>
No. 461733 ID: 97486c
File 134991405652.png - (78.78KB , 800x600 , 958.png )
461733

You are okay with this only because it is needed to get up those blasted stairs.
You have Emily carry you up to Meagans lab and step inside.

Oh..
This is..
Hmm..

It appears there is someone in a pit with some sort of tentacle demon. The person, who is either Meagan or someone in Meagan's body, reaches out to call for help but can not talk due to the various prehensile appendages inside their mouth.
>>
No. 461734 ID: 085efe

>>461733
Give the two some privacy!

Help Meagan(?) out
>>
No. 461735 ID: 4a328b

Pull'em out. Hack off some tentacles if you must, no biggie.
>>
No. 461740 ID: 86c3a7

Give the tentacles a gentle prod with your pointy limbs. Given the alternative of fighting sword arms with reproductive organ arms, I think they'll back off quickly.
>>
No. 461741 ID: 629257

Tell Emily to stand back, you go and cut her out of there.
>>
No. 461742 ID: d5747a

>>461733
>>461734
>>461735
Consider the following:
The overlord is in a female body. Emily's at that.
Emily is in a female body.
The Pit takes a liking to female bodies.

Based on these facts, we can assume the following: there is no possibly way a rescue attempt can go wrong. Go for it.
>>
No. 461743 ID: bf54a8

hold out a thumb and have them grab on.
hopefully whoever this is isn't traumatized forever since it's not their body and the body should b used to this treatment.
>>
No. 461749 ID: 629257

>>461742
The overlord is in a flesh golem body, it lacks most orifices and comes equipped with blades. So even the worst result isn't that bad...
>>
No. 461753 ID: 97486c
File 134991943010.png - (120.82KB , 800x600 , 959.png )
461753

>>461742
It turns out that with blade hands the tentacles are less of a threat then one would think.

Less can be said for the one who has already suffered under their touch.

It seems this person is too disoriented to speak.
>>
No. 461754 ID: 86c3a7

...since you have blade hands, have Shanily there help her out. Clean her up, cover her up. Hopefully she snaps out of it before we have to have her carried down to the others.
>>
No. 461755 ID: bf54a8

have em clean them up and try to coax a name out of them.
>>
No. 461756 ID: 629257

That was hardly the only threat in here, disoriented or not we need to get her out of here.
>>
No. 461757 ID: f2c20c

>>461753
Hmm. Who are we missing?

We've located (us), Fluffy, Ruby, Kassandra, Emily, Shanah, and Styx. Bodies located are Emily's, Ours, Alice's, Rose's, Shanah's, Styx's, and Ruby's.

That leaves Alice, Rose, Meagan (it's not Meagan), Lilith, Lun (I really hope it's not Lun), Butler (likewise), Golem, Nix, Lenion, Silva, Solaris, Alalia. Also, our evil side.

Bodies not accounted for: Lenion, Nix, Lilith, Lun, Butler, Golem, Kassandra, Fluffy, Silva, Solaris, Other Eye, Alalia.

Anyway, check around briefly for anyone else and then have Emily dress whoever this is, and take them out of the lab. Meagan's old clothes should include the key, so lock the door behind you.
>>
No. 461760 ID: 629257

>>461757
>our evil side
Now THAT would be hilarious
>>
No. 461766 ID: 86c3a7

>>461757
You left the monsters out of that list. Dunno about the demi creatures, but the slime Queen and that archer we slimified might be up for swapping.
>>
No. 461768 ID: 97486c
File 134992352071.png - (88.81KB , 501x600 , 960.png )
461768

You get Meagan(?)cleaned and dressed up and leave her room, locking the door behind you. You instruct Shanily to, you mean Emily, to take the poor soul downstairs with the others since they still seem unwilling to talk.

As you wait for her to return you hear someone yell at you from behind.

>"Hey! Emily! Where the hell is that Over-Moron!? Idiot did something and now I'm trapped in Kass's body!"
>>
No. 461769 ID: e487f5

>>461768
"I'm the Overlord, Lilith, and if you're that rude to my most loyal minion, you need to work on your manners. We're working on the issue now."
>>
No. 461772 ID: 629257

>>461768
"I am the "Over-Moron" and you are exposing Kass' face against her wishes. Correct that immediately."

Try to look a bit intimidating, that's gotta be scarier coming from Emilys body. Then find out who that is, although it's probably Alice, ask her where she was and if she has seen anyone else. Then tell her to get to the others.
>>
No. 461773 ID: eb6589

Explain to Alissandra what happened. Add that Kass would probably prefer her modesty mask or whatever the hell it symbolizes to be kept on for religious purposes.
>>
No. 461775 ID: f2c20c

Tell Alice to please wear Kassandra's mask.
>>
No. 461776 ID: 629257

I guess we should ask simply if that is Alice or Lilith.
>>
No. 461781 ID: 86c3a7

I'm right here. The dividing pyramid went wrong, it's not just you. Styx tells me it can be easily fixed, as soon as everyone effected is gathered together.
>>
No. 461782 ID: 6a5a08

"I am the Overlord, there was a mishap with the Pyramid. I assume this is Alice or Lilith? Put Kass' facemask back on and we can continue gathering the others to return everyone to their bodies."
>>
No. 461795 ID: dc4e32

yeah fuck you too, Alice. go meet up with everyone else and wear a mask.
>>
No. 461796 ID: a00ce6

>>461768

i am the "over-moron"

please place the mask back on kassandra's face, it's against the tenants of her order.
>>
No. 462287 ID: 97486c
File 135008987755.png - (216.09KB , 800x600 , 961.png )
462287

"I am the 'Over-Moron' and you are exposing Kass' face against her wishes. Correct that immediately."

You put on your best tough face. It seems to work as the person does indeed replace the facemask.
You explain the situation once more and the person is revealed to be Alice.
You and Allisandra, you mean Alice, go downstairs to rejoin the others only to hear a crash.
Before you Fluffy(?) and Lenion(?) are engaged in some sort of fight. The two trash around with Fluffy saying some stuff you can't quite understand.

>Fluffy?: "Tu grater semp! Vieg ut yym dtrulian!"

>Lenion?: "Dammit Fluffy! What the hell is wrong with you!? We need to talk to the Overlord! Something weird is going on!"
>>
No. 462289 ID: bf54a8

if i had to guess, lenion is in fluffy and she is going nuts trying to get her body back.
"hey, overhere, everyone needs to gather in the throne room, will be explained soon."
>>
No. 462290 ID: 86c3a7

I think someone is having trouble adapting to talking without a face. Or seeing. That, or one of the monsters ended up in her body.

Break it up. Careful of the blade hands, you may need to use Allisandra to actually pull non-Fluffy off of not-Lenion. Then do your explainy thing, and see who they are.
>>
No. 462291 ID: 8247d0

It is Lenion.
>>
No. 462293 ID: e3f578

That's it, yell loud enough to make every person in the building hear you.
"I ammmmmmmmmmmm the Overlord!
All beckon my orders!
Emily is the Overlord obey her body not me!
Lenion off of yourself! Whoever possesses it, please get up and introduce yourself! The person who is in Meagan's body was traumatically violated and can't speak so I need a tally of names and I'm tired of explaining everything! Everyone report to [insert location where people have gathered] except the person in Meagan's body!"
>>
No. 462297 ID: 629257

>>462287
"That's not fluffy, we're all in the wrong bodies. We need to either restrain her or knock her out."

Alice should head to the others have have them send some more help.
>>
No. 462306 ID: f2c20c

>>462287
I think that's Lenion, attacking her own body because she thinks it was stolen from her. Tell Alice to hurry and get Fluffy who is in your body; she should be able to translate what Lenion is saying.

Meanwhile, float over and give Leniffy the same stare. Tell her "Stop.".
>>
No. 462329 ID: 713d3c

I guess Lenion is in Fluffys body. She wants her own body back and without the translator she can't communicate.

Best solution might be to hold Lenions body hostage with your blade arms. At that point have Alice in Kassandras body try to dissuade Lenion in FLuffys body while you tell whoever is in Lenions body to calm down for a minute. I doubt Lenion wants her body to be cut to ribbons so she might calm down or relent for a while since she isn't being threatened herself. After that just find the translator and give it to Lenion in Fluffys body.
>>
No. 462331 ID: 6a5a08

Have Alissandra heal Lenion(?). Tell Fluffion you are the Overlord and gesture towards the throne room. She should at least recognize the name and know where to go.
>>
No. 462415 ID: 4cc8d9

make her stand down.
>>
No. 463952 ID: 97486c
File 135046020460.png - (202.52KB , 800x600 , 962.png )
463952

Using your most threatening voice you order Lenifluff.. You mean Lenion, to stop. She glares at you and growls.

"It is I the Overlord. Release her now or else."

You glare. Lenion listens and lets go of... You ask and find out the person is actually Rose. You explain the situation once more and tell everyone to gather in the throne room. You follow them along.
Once there you see a good chunk of your group is gathered up.

>Styx/Ruby: "My lord. I have good news and bad news."

"Tell me the good news first."

>"According to my notes this is just about everyone who was affected by the Dividing Pyramid."

"And the bad news?"

>"Well that's just it. It's mostly everyone. As far as I can tell your evil side's eye is still unaccounted for as well as whatever body it is in. If we don't find it it could destroy everything."
>>
No. 463953 ID: f2c20c

>>463948
Okay. First, who's missing?
Let me update the lists:

We've located (us), Fluffy, Ruby, Kassandra, Emily, Shanah, Styx, Alice, Lenion, Rose, and SOMEONE.
Bodies located are Emily's, Ours, Alice's, Rose's, Shanah's, Styx's, Ruby's, Kassandra's, Fluffy's, Lenion's... and Meagan's. Where IS Meagan's body right now? Who is in there?

That leaves Meagan, Lilith, Lun, Butler (likewise), Golem, Nix, Lenion, Silva, Solaris, Alalia. Also, our evil side. Meagan's body is occupied by one of these, and I'd like to know that now.

Bodies not accounted for: Nix, Lilith, Lun, Butler, Golem, Silva, Solaris, Other Eye, Alalia.

Second, who can fight despite the switch?

Third, send those who can fight to our vulnerable areas. Like, the portal, and the floatation device.
>>
No. 463955 ID: f2c20c

...oh right, we also need to send people back up to Styx's workshop to retrieve the eye.
>>
No. 463958 ID: f2c20c

>>463953
Looking at this...

Hang on a second. If we've found all the bodies except for the eye, which apparently is what Styx is saying, then we only have one missing body, and two missing minds. Other Eye is the body, and Meagan and Evil Side are the missing minds.

We already found our evil side. It's in Meagan. Meagan is in the eye. Let's get Meagan's body awake and alert, and interrogate our Evil Side. We need to CONFIRM that he's in there. If they claim to be someone else, then we just do a knowledge check on the both of them.
>>
No. 463959 ID: bf54a8

"rose! say something that would of pissed old me right the fuck off"
>>
No. 464012 ID: 6a5a08

>>463958
So Badass/Evil Overlord is either useless and catatonic without our eye, or got raped into a catatonic state?
If those not on the list didn't get switched, that makes things a lot easier. If there are still others, we better get searching.
>>
No. 464128 ID: ad93b4

split into 5 groups of 2 and search.
>>
No. 464255 ID: 97486c
File 135055035323.png - (85.78KB , 800x600 , 963.png )
464255

Try as you might you can not get a word out of Meagan. However seeing as to how she is the only one who's real self is unaccounted for it seems easy enough to deduce that this is in fact your evil side.

>Styx: "Honestly it might be better that he is like this.. Now.. Let's look for your eye."

The group splits up and scours the castle for your other eye. It takes some time but eventually you find your eye and confirm it is in fact Meagan.
>>
No. 464256 ID: 97486c
File 135055051138.png - (178.88KB , 800x600 , 964.png )
464256

With everyone brought together Styx prepares a spell to get everyone back into their original body. Most look happy, but you notice that Emily isn't smiling. Before you can think about it any more you are ripped from your body once again.
----------------------------------------------

When you wake up you notice you are in your original body.
With both eyes.

Unlike the last time though you 'do' feel different. You feel more powerful. And you have no desire to go on a horrible rampage and kill Rose.

>Emily: "My Lord you're up! How do you feel~?"

"... I'm good Emily. Far better then before."

=Overlord has gained new powers=
>>
No. 464257 ID: 75e6f7

ohboyherewego
>>
No. 464258 ID: f2c20c

>>464256
What powers, exactly?
Ask where your Other Side is now, just in case.

Then ask Emily if she'd like some more hand-like golem arms. We still need to upgrade her blades, too!
>>
No. 464261 ID: 629257

>>464256
Excellent. Inform our people that our our darker half is no more.

>>464258
A lot of work needs to be done upgrading and equipping our team, still. Even our own body has been rather neglected. Speaking of, the following is up on the stats page:

>Chaos Ball: Range of 1-5 spaces dealing 20 damage. 1 MP
>Chaos Shield: Grants the caster a cloak of chaotic energy that deals 10 dmg to any enemy using a touch attack against them. Harms any enemy within 1 space of the caster. Costs 1 MP to cast and 1 additional MP to maintain. Not paying the cost at the start of the round makes the shield vanish.
>Chaotic Blast: Once casts the spell inflicts 50 dmg to any unit three spaces away from the caster in one chosen direction. Cost 7 MP to use. Caster becomes Fatigued/Confused.

Neat.
>>
No. 464270 ID: f2c20c

>>464261
Chaotic Blast is a nice finisher. The Shield isn't too bad either, but the Ball is kinda crap- our gun does more damage!
>>
No. 464278 ID: e2c854

cool, cool. it's time to distribute some muhfuggin cures. explore around.
>>
No. 464281 ID: f2c20c

Eh, I think our next big project is checking on Nin. She's been gone too long.
>>
No. 464295 ID: 44f93b

Take a moment to reassure Rose.

> you notice that Emily isn't smiling
...she probably doesn't like giving up an actual living body with actual huggin arms, warmth, and full sensation.
>>
No. 464300 ID: fa9f7e

>>464295
And that's why we offer her the huggy arms.
>>
No. 464301 ID: c31f72

>>464300
Yes! We must give her huggy arms!
>>
No. 464302 ID: 0f92d5

The first power the overlord must use is the power of hug! This should alleviate the status of sad on Emily, and fear on Rose.
>>
No. 464303 ID: 6a5a08

>>464270
Keep in mind, our gun can only go in straight lines. Sounds like maybe the Chaos Ball can go in any direction, giving us a nice range booster.
>>
No. 464305 ID: 06e25f

now that we have been made whole again we should have the emotional capacity to hug Emily!
>>
No. 464306 ID: 06e25f

actually don't just hug Emily hug Styx and Rose too
then again JUST HUG EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING
>>
No. 464364 ID: 92c81e

>>464306
Overlord does not hug. He does however care about the emotional state of his cute subordinates, and thus we must at least talk to Emily about the option of fixing her arms. We can see what she wants exactly. It may hurt her combat ability, but we mostly care about her hug-ability. <3
>>
No. 464385 ID: 46902a

>>464278
The Doctor told us to hold off on the cures for a few days so he could double check.

The consensus seems to be to talk with Emily if she wants a normal body.

After that, I think we should upgrade our units. Maybe we can go shopping in a new district, like a city, find something nice? how much cash we got?
>>
No. 464386 ID: 44f93b

>The consensus seems to be to talk with Emily if she wants a normal body.
Actually, as a construct unit, if we got her regular arms, shouldn't she be able to swap them back and forth for the blades as easily as anyone else changes equipment?
>>
No. 464387 ID: bf54a8

hes perhaps with your restoration your skill in golem craft is closer to what it once was.
>>
No. 464388 ID: 6a9fdc

>>464386
Retractable forearm blades. All the utility of normal arms, without the risk of being caught without weapons.
>>
No. 464402 ID: 6a5a08

>>464385
We should look into Nin, who has not reported back from the Necromancer's Island.
>>
No. 465408 ID: 97486c
File 135096989151.png - (155.40KB , 800x600 , 965.png )
465408

Somewhere in the darker corners of your mind you know that giving Emily arms or trying to change her current ones would not be good. Unlike yourself she is a flesh golem and is harder to modify any more then her initial creation. Maybe a wish but on your own it's not possible.
You don't know how you know this.

Speaking of Emily, you may as well make sure that this physical contact thing is no longer as much of a weakness. After having your face and helmet replaced you give Emily a hug.
At first she just floats there, almost stunned.
Then she returns the hug.

>"My Lord.."
>>
No. 465410 ID: 92c81e

>>465408
I get the feeling everyone is staring, mouth agape.
>>
No. 465413 ID: 44f93b

Good job, overlord! Dat's some good HR work, there. Keep your people happy, show them that they're appreciated. A little gesture like that can go far.

Once the moment is over, and we're back to planning operations, investigating Nin's disappearance might be in order (although, first it might be good to check how long we actually expected her to stay undercover, or what's standard for sneaky missions. It wouldn't do to come running to her rescue if everything is fine).
>>
No. 465420 ID: bf54a8

step back "ahem, now that wont be common thing, need to earn them, understand?"
>>
No. 465421 ID: 03da93

Excellent.

I bet everyone is shocked. Appreciate it.
>>
No. 465422 ID: f2c20c

>>465408
We can't modify her attachments? I thought that her blade arms were detachable. How are we gonna make her more effective in combat if we can't improve her weapons?

Apologize for being so opposed to this before, it turns out that was just because you were incomplete.

I still think we should try to keep physical affection at a minimum, just to keep from looking like a big softy. We are their fearsome yet compassionate leader!
>>
No. 465426 ID: 97486c
File 135097145087.png - (167.04KB , 800x600 , 966.png )
465426

You let go of Emily but she still holds on tight.

"I apologize for pushing you away earlier. I was.. Incomplete. However this is not something that will happen very often."

>"Mmhmm~"

"Emily. Are you listening?"

>"Mmhmm~"

Sigh.

Anyway, Nin has been gone for 'far' too long.
You summon her back to the castle.

=Nin is unavailable=

Hmm. That's never happened before.
Also it seems you can't get Emily off of you now.

You ask Styx what the message means. Styx looks a bit worried.

>"It means that a unit is being contained somewhere. It's a mechanic that prevents people from simply wishing their men from prisons and whatnot. Come with me."

She takes you to the Teleporter.

>"I had planned on showing you this mechanic later on but it seems like it would help now. Normally this was to be used if a unit died and respawned somewhere. By using a different setting in the Teleporter you can simply scry the unit. Try it."

You bring up the location of Nin.

>"Oh my.. This isn't good. It says she's still in the same island. And from the looks of it she's in a prison."
>>
No. 465430 ID: 44f93b

Time for a prison break, then.
>>
No. 465431 ID: f2c20c

>>465426
Then we'll rescue her. First, inform Lilith of the problem, and that we will give her troops to aid her in the rescue mission. She is free to lead the mission if she wishes, since after all Nin is part of her army.
>>
No. 465433 ID: bf54a8

jam the rulebreaker into the portal and bring her back anyway :V

but seriously let's get ready, the cat must of captured her, is the only thing on that island that wouldn't eat nin.
>>
No. 465435 ID: 03da93

>>465426
TIME FOR THE BEST KIND OF PARTY

A RESCUE PARTY
>>
No. 465438 ID: 44f93b

>>465435
Okay, there's literally no better way of putting it than that.
>>
No. 465545 ID: 1d5de7

Rescue Knight to the... rescue?
>>
No. 465751 ID: 1723ac

>>465431
I think we should go save her ourselves, we sent her on the mission, and this is a good opportunity to engender more loyalty from her to us.
>>
No. 466347 ID: 97486c
File 135123509246.png - (139.59KB , 800x600 , 967.png )
466347

You decide to go after her yourself. You try to teleport off but nothing happens.

>"Ah, my Lord. I forgot to mention something.. You're not longer allowed within her land."

"What?"

>"If someone wants they can ban a person from their land. She's the ruler of that island so she chose to make it so you can't go. However I 'can' override this a bit. But only for you and two units. In this case Silva counts as one unit. Which two would you want to bring with you?"
>>
No. 466349 ID: bf54a8

what about the old fashioned way? get a craft and teleport outside of the island and sail there?
>>
No. 466350 ID: f2c20c

>>466349
Yeah, why don't we just sail there?
>>
No. 466351 ID: 97486c
File 135123584864.png - (37.02KB , 373x453 , 968.png )
466351

>>466349
>>466350
You ask this.

>"Because you're banned. The only way you're getting in is with me tinkering with the teleporter. Even if you could just go there we don't have a boat and most are unwilling to brave the waters near the island."
>>
No. 466353 ID: 03da93

So...

Huh.

Okay.

I assume the only way to break a ban is by making a new way in, by seiging or something. Otherwise we could just plop down a ban against Mister Order and his peeps and be done with it.
>>
No. 466354 ID: bf54a8

fine fine, emily and alice
>>
No. 466355 ID: f2c20c

>>466351
Fiiiiiiine.

Let's take Silva, and Golem. Unless Lilith insists on coming. In that case, we'd take her and Silva.
>>
No. 466356 ID: 1723ac

Silva and the Golem (does she even have a name?)
>>
No. 466357 ID: 252e1b

>>466351
Who is willing to brave the waters? We could have an assault force meet up with the Overlord. Send in Overlord and two by teleporter, meet the rest in a beach landing.
>>
No. 466438 ID: 6c3b85

Just Silva then.
>>
No. 466441 ID: 44f93b

...why haven't we banned anyone then?

We should ban anyone from Abel's faction from entering our territory. Or if Bans need to be specific, and limited to people we know, start with Abel, forest the monk, and anyone else we happen to know by name or face from when we visited lawful stupid good land. Oh, and that crazy tinker we let out of pandora's box a while back.
>>
No. 466446 ID: e3f578

>>466351
When did she ban us? There a reason why? Well, besides sending Nin to investigate but can she put two and two together? We helped her out! She owes us.

Can we send a message to a banned place's ruler? There must be some regular contingency plan in the system to deal with bans and possibly make amends. And you're saying she knows she's the ruler of the island and that she can ban us? No, the ruler isn't her. It can't be her, she's too disillusioned about her society to think she even has that power even if she was aware of it in the first place.
>>
No. 466448 ID: 6a5a08

Charm probably won't work on undead, and we need to be able to adapt with so few units. We must also consider units who are immune to Zombify.

Overlord, Solaris, and Nix. Nix is sort of undead already, so zombify shouldn't work, and she's also a decent melee unit. Overlord is a construct with various attack types, and Solaris adapts to whatever role we need.
>>
No. 466449 ID: 97486c
File 135126401650.png - (58.40KB , 476x478 , 969.png )
466449

Nix and Solaris are probably the best units.
But wait..

"If bans are possible why haven't we done so already? There are many situations where such a thing could have helped."

>"They're not possible for us my lord."

"Why not?"

>"In this world many things are possible for us that are not possible for others to do and vice versa. It's like why we would always go first in battle or how we steal units from others and not the other way around. My guess is that it's simply a way to make things a bit more difficult on you."

"... Okay. Then how did she even ban us if the girl is crazy? She thinks she's part of the army."

>"She doesn't have to be consciously aware of her position. Only that she no longer wants you near her."

"Is there any way I can send her a message?"

>"Of course. What would you like it to say?"
>>
No. 466450 ID: f2c20c

If we're bringing Solaris we DEFINITELY need to get her some equipment. Either check the Wilds or Fabio. I remember he had some shapeshifting weapon for her. The Wilds might have some nifty general-use armor.
>>
No. 466451 ID: 44f93b

>we steal units from others and not the other way around
I had assumed the reason we'd never had units stolen from us is we've never lost a battle, or been unlucky enough to face someone else with the enslave ability. So there's been no opportunity for anyone to steal our units. Interesting to discover it's instead, impossible.

>Message
Well, the diplomatic thing to do would be to try and arrange some sort of trade of exchange for her prisoner.
>>
No. 466484 ID: 4a328b

>>466451
Psh, never let on that a spy is yours.

Last time you saw her she gave you permission to return, ask if that's no longer the case
>>
No. 466486 ID: 6a5a08

>>466484
This.
>>
No. 466490 ID: bf54a8

yeah explain you seem unable to enter and ask what has changed.
>>
No. 466807 ID: 97486c
File 135140239777.png - (127.97KB , 800x600 , 970.png )
466807

You send a message asking why you are no longer permitted within her land but after waiting a while there is no reply. You tell Styx to inform you if one comes by and go off to The Wild to buy some equipment.
----------------------------------------------

>"Welcome to shop. Buy now."
>>
No. 466808 ID: f2c20c

Mystery bag! Mystery bag!
>>
No. 466809 ID: 4a328b

buy that mystery bag right now
>>
No. 466812 ID: 886a4d

Hmm we have quite a bit of dosh, so probably the best idea would be to spend about 1\2 - 3/4 on just upgrading our people's equipment. Leave around 500 for emergencies.

As for our people who aren't going to rescue Nin why don't we send them out ingredient hunting. With a side benefit of experiance + gold. We got some very nice equipment last time we fooled around with item combining.
>>
No. 466817 ID: 63fafd

Mystery bag
>>
No. 466819 ID: 92c81e

>>466812
I want to keep more than 500 on hand, more like a couple thousand, in case wishes are needed.

I do agree with the mystery bag though. Our curiosity is too much, presented with an option like that, we have no choice but to indulge :3
>>
No. 466821 ID: 886a4d

>>466819
We have G2690 right now. We also have 14 units, not including Lilith's group or the Gunners we enslaved. Some who are woefully behind in levels and good equipment.
>>
No. 466826 ID: 97486c
File 135140734368.png - (104.85KB , 800x600 , 971.png )
466826

You give in to your curiosity and purchase the Mystery Bag.

It's contents are...
3 Healing Leaves
1 Evercool Rock
1 Fruit of Ruin

The shopkeep explains that the items are useless on their own but perhaps you could find something to do with.
She then demands that you buy more.

Alongside buying new things who would you want to send out to get more alchemy ingredients/gold/exp?
>>
No. 466829 ID: f2c20c

Lun, Shana, Rose, Ruby, Lenion.
>>
No. 466830 ID: 629257

>>466826
Special Weapons
>>
No. 466831 ID: f2c20c

>>466826
Also ask specifically for any Weapons or Special Weapons available for Solaris.

Buy some mana potions too while we're here.
>>
No. 466851 ID: 0c2247

>>466449
Gee, if only we had a nation that was technically independent and owed us a favor, we could ask them to assist with this rescue mission in order to skirt around the ban.
>>
No. 466855 ID: beeca1

>>466851
Yeah, but part of the reason we specifically came was to let Nin know we genuinely care about her (because she's useful), prove we're not a completely horrible bastard (just a bit manipulative), and make her ore loyal to us, not some other guys.
>>
No. 466861 ID: 6a5a08

I suspect these will be useful for Alchemization.

See what Special Weapons they have.

>>466829
This, but also Alice with Ken so they get practice working together.
>>
No. 466863 ID: 77f3f5

Lets get Nix some armor and weapons. There has to be some of those that suit her special capabilities.
>>
No. 466916 ID: 7289ca

Send Rose out to train.
>>
No. 466970 ID: 97486c
File 135148206725.png - (117.82KB , 800x600 , 972.png )
466970

You send Alice and Ken, Lun, Shana, Rose, Ruby, and Lenion off to train.

You purchase 3 Mana potions for G90.

"How much are your special weapons?"

>"Special weapons work great with units. Can be upgraded too. All special weapon G1000. Just say who it is for."
>>
No. 466971 ID: dc2631

>>466970
I say we get one for the unit who has no weapons.

Also, that Fruit of Ruin could be alchemized with it. Who knows, she's a plant, right?
>>
No. 466972 ID: beeca1

>>466970
...A bit more detail, please? Is it some kind of parasitic/symbiotic creature with nasty side effects? A cursed item? What?
>>
No. 466973 ID: f2c20c

>>466970
Solaris, and Nix.
>>
No. 466986 ID: e3f578

Can we alchemize the alchemy station with some all seeing type item to see previews for our alchemy? That'd be cool.

I want to get a special weapon for Overlord to be honest.
>>
No. 466999 ID: f2c20c

>>466986
Well technically we have The God Slayer, but Fluffy is using it, and we've been leaning towards gun usage anyway. I kinda doubt this lady has a special gun for us- it seems that we'll just have to keep alchemizing ours. I was thinking we could buy an elemental gun later alongside an explosive one, and combine all three together to make like a high-damage fireball cannon or something.
>>
No. 467038 ID: 6a5a08

>>466986
Once we figure it out, we have the Rule Breaker.
>>
No. 467284 ID: f2c20c

Okay on second thought skip the weapon for Nix. Let's just splurge later on Rank 5 weapons.
>>
No. 467287 ID: 97486c
File 135157239823.png - (118.11KB , 800x600 , 973.png )
467287

>>466986
Alchemize the Alchemy Station..? That seems... Paradoxical.

"Tell me more about the weapons."

>"Is good weapon. Made from special wood. Very nice. You buy."

You decide to buy a Shimmer Staff for Solaris for G1,000.
The weapon is considered Rank 5 and changes along with Solaris for any of her forms.

>"Anything else?"
>>
No. 467288 ID: e3f578

>>467287
Construct another Alchemy Station for you to alchemize then. Less paradoxical that way. Ask for items that fit the description of precognition properties.
>>
No. 467289 ID: f2c20c

Get a rank 5 weapon for Nix and Nin.

That should be it.
>>
No. 467290 ID: 6a5a08

Ask to see what alchemical ingredients they have.

Because let's face it, spending hours alchemizing random shit into god-worthy weapons is one of the best feelings in games.
>>
No. 467293 ID: 97486c
File 135157371908.png - (193.96KB , 800x600 , 974.png )
467293

You purchase Rank 5 Weapons for Nin and Nix for G400.

"Do you have anything I can add to an Alchemy table that would allow me to get a better idea of what the results would be?"

Before she can answer Styx steps in.

>"Actually my lord I can upgrade our table now for only G100. This will allow us to get a better idea of what exactly we're working with and if the item would be reasonably better or worse then what it's being made from."
>>
No. 467295 ID: 77f3f5

>>467289
Get a weapon or armor for Nix. Nin can wait.
>>
No. 467296 ID: f2c20c

>>467293
SOLD!
>>
No. 467297 ID: 3338b5

Cool. Hand out the new equips, and let's upgrade the table.

One thing that seems obvious to try is fusing the 3 Healing Leaves. Then we can fuse that with some kind of staff to make something awesome for Kass that boost holy or healing or something.
>>
No. 467300 ID: 77f3f5

>>467293
Go ahead with the Alchemy table. Give out the new gear and hold the Nin weapon until after we rescue her. We'll give it as a "Sorry you got captured so we broke you out and got you this" gift. Her loyalty will go through the roof
>>
No. 467303 ID: 97486c
File 135157469979.png - (61.05KB , 800x600 , 975.png )
467303

You equip everyone with their new gear and purchase the Alchemy Table Upgrade.
To test it you decide to mix together the 3 Leaves you got from the Mystery Bag.

Before they are fused together three symbols appear beside the result table.
Nyx appears again.

>"My lord do you see those symbols? They show the nature of the item about to be created. The + means that the item being created is reasonably better then the materials, the M means it's magical and the I means it is an Item as opposed to an Equipment item which would be given an E. If the item were physical in nature and not magical it would be given a P. Try fusing those three leaves."

You fuse them together and create a Fig of Life. This item restores all the HP of a unit.

>"See? Better, Magical, and an Item. Try another combination and see the result."
>>
No. 467305 ID: 6a5a08

See what Fruit of Ruin and Shimmer Staff would do.
>>
No. 467306 ID: e3f578

Ask Styx when she figured out this upgrade? A while back or just about now?
There's so many options with what to upgrade what with, so I suggest doing it with Solaris new weapon with something.
>>
No. 467307 ID: 886a4d

>>467305
Fruit of Ruin
Unknown Fruit of Unknown Powers Which, When Consumed, Can Have Many Effects Which Can Either Be Good or Bad Depending On Several Circumstances None of Which Are Fully Understood
Fruit of Wisdom
>>
No. 467308 ID: 3338b5

Ooh! Test some things

Fig of Life + Cleric Staff
Fig of Life + Cleric Staff + Evercool Rock
>>
No. 467311 ID: f2c20c

>>467303
Um, we should probably get going... Let's make this quick and then go IMMEDIATELY I mean come on.

Check what happens with all 3 fruits.

Also, Emily's blade arm + Evercool Rock + Ghoul Bone.
>>
No. 467312 ID: dc2631

>>467307
YES, YES, YES
>>
No. 467313 ID: f2c20c

>>467308
If we're gonna try the Fig of Life with Kassandra's Cleric Staff, we should add the Vintage Healing Staff+ we have to the mix.
>>
No. 467314 ID: 6a5a08

>>467307
Brilliant!
>>
No. 467315 ID: 97486c
File 135157597883.png - (93.31KB , 400x923 , 976.png )
467315

You decide a few combinations out.
The machine gives you a clue as to the result without actually fusing them. This can be quite useful.

Also you should probably go get Nin.. After a few alchemy mixtures of course.
>>
No. 467316 ID: f2c20c

>>467315
What about Staff+otherStaff+Fig?
>>
No. 467319 ID: 97486c
File 135157627844.png - (30.19KB , 400x308 , 977.png )
467319

>>467316
You try this combination.

>"Sometimes my lord things are a bit difficult to tell.."
>>
No. 467321 ID: 3338b5

Okay, make

Fig of Life + Cleric Staff + Vintage Healing Staff+
Emily's blade arm + Evercool Rock + Ghoul Bone
Fruit medley

Equip spoils, then go for the rescue mission.
>>
No. 467322 ID: dc2631

That friuit medly.

Once finished, we will ask for a digestive tract. And then we will eat it.

Yesssss.
>>
No. 467323 ID: 6a5a08

Combine the Fruits.
>>
No. 467324 ID: 34d817

Weren't we bonding with Alice over alchemy? Get her over here and see if she's got any fun suggestions.
>>
No. 467325 ID: 886a4d

The fruit medley, and Emily's weapon.
>>
No. 467326 ID: f2c20c

>>467319
Damn, I was hoping that combining two weapons of the same type would be a surefire thing. I hate having redundant weapons!

Combine the three fruits.
What would happen if we combined the three Rapiers together?
>>
No. 467327 ID: 6a5a08

>>467324
Alice is out training with Ken.
>>
No. 467328 ID: e3f578

>>467319
Will she later be able to upgrade this functionality? Or is this currently the best upgrade we can have for this station? Because I'd like to alchemise a few stations together eventually. And then make a giant one so we can alchemize our castle.
>>
No. 467330 ID: 6a5a08

>>467328
>Alchemize Overlord's Castle with The Goldeon Watch
>????
>TARDIS
>>
No. 467332 ID: 34d817

Hmm.

I kind of want to alchemize 27 Mana Potions into some kind of super-mana potion and then mix the result with Magic Power Armor. Or with some other high-tier mage's armor, if we can find one. Would cost a fair bit to buy all those potions, though.
>>
No. 467338 ID: 97486c
File 135157872746.png - (97.22KB , 400x923 , 978.png )
467338

You combine the three fruit together to create...
The Fruit of Ruin and Wisdom Which, When Eaten, Can Bring About Several Effects, Some of Which Are Beneficial But With More Ruinous Effects Tossed Into The Bunch.

That's... Probably not good.

You combine the Fig of Life, Cleric Staff, and Vintage Healing Staff + together to create..
The Vintage Cleric Staff. This staff grants +1 MP and the spell Overheal.

You combine Emily's Doll Arm, the Evercool Rock, and the Ghoul Bone to create..
Death's Blade. A Rank 3 Weapon that prevents the user from being Frozen or Burned.

You equip the items to Emily and Kassandra and hold onto the fruit. Is that all?
>>
No. 467340 ID: 3338b5

Yeah, that's sufficient alchemy for now. Check to see if we received a return message, and if not, it's time to execute a prison break.
>>
No. 467341 ID: f2c20c

>>467338
...combine the fruit with Lun's Deck.
Also I still wanna see what happens when we combine 3 Rapiers.
>>
No. 467344 ID: 34d817

>>467341
Lun is off elsewhere, isn't he?

No objection to combining the rapiers. Not like we're using them for anything else.
>>
No. 467347 ID: 6a5a08

What if we combined Overlord's Dark Energy Blade thing with the Fruit of Really Long Name For Chaos?
>>
No. 467348 ID: f2c20c

>>467347
Oh, good idea. That, or with our gun.
>>
No. 467349 ID: 6a5a08

>>467348
Our Blade sucks compared to our Force Gun, which will probably do the same set damage anyways, since all guns seem to do that set damage.
>>
No. 467350 ID: 3338b5

>>467347
..won't we basically get a Xom-type Chaos banded weapon? We'll get a blade that could instantly annihilate an opponent, shower them with butterflies, or heal and haste.
>>
No. 467352 ID: 6a5a08

>>467350
Since we never use our Blade in favor of our very reliable and unchaotic Gun, this will be the perfect little bit of Chaos to throw in the wrench when we're desperate.
>>
No. 467353 ID: 97486c
File 135158025412.png - (44.76KB , 800x600 , 979.png )
467353

You decide to combine the 3 Rapiers for the hell of it. You end up with a Rank 3 Silver Rapier.
No more alchemy for now, you'll move that elsewhere.
Right now you have a rescue mission to attend to.
----------------------------------------------

You find yourself once again in the land of Jahall Saer.
The gate to the city is unguarded, as would be expected.
Styx informed you that Nin is locked away within the tower ahead of you.
>>
No. 467356 ID: 6a5a08

Remember to search for traps, pooky!
>>
No. 467358 ID: 3338b5

>>467353
Alright, head for Nin. Keep an eye out for an ambush, or traps (she has to make up that 1 defender disadvantage somehow, and traps seem a good way to do that).

We're on the enemy's home turf, and she's had time to prepare. Not much we can do but be cautious.
>>
No. 467359 ID: f2c20c

>>467353
We can expect the master of this land to be there too, then, since she's alone and she'd need someone to keep Nin under guard. ...unless she left her with a fake guard? Advance confidently, but be wary of traps.
>>
No. 467379 ID: 97486c
File 135158729328.png - (83.44KB , 800x600 , 980.png )
467379

You carefully go through the town, careful of any traps that may be around.
You reach the tower.
It seems a guard has been posted.
>>
No. 467380 ID: f2c20c

>>467379
Just ignore it. Let's go up.
>>
No. 467388 ID: bf54a8

poke it with a stick.
>>
No. 467391 ID: 1723ac

>>467379
Uhhh I guess push it over and continue onward
>>
No. 467393 ID: 08ce67

>>467379
Kick its damn fool head off.
>>
No. 467394 ID: e0b19d

>>467379
ENGAGE IN BATTL- Oh wait right she's not here we don't have to put up that particular facade.

...Set it aside, continue onward.
>>
No. 467395 ID: b2a044

Thank the guard for understanding your situation, and accept his gracious offer to escort us swiftly to the judicial center. Remove him from his post so he may join your party.
>>
No. 467425 ID: 6a5a08

>>467395
This. Just look at his face.
He is obviously a man discontent with his job, we should bring him along.
>>
No. 467450 ID: 0145df

kidnap him. or her.
>>
No. 467452 ID: 9718f3

Defeat it with hugs.
>>
No. 467465 ID: bdb3f8

>>467395
sounds about right
>>
No. 467524 ID: a5d914

It's a distraction! Watch out!
>>
No. 467620 ID: a68e3e
File 135167180752.png - (46.16KB , 800x600 , 981.png )
467620

... You ignore it and continue onwards.
As you reach the top of a spiral staircase you are greeted by Rachel.

>"Ah, I didn't think you'd make it past the guard. Here for your precious spy?"
>>
No. 467621 ID: f2c20c

"Your guard is a wooden mannikin."
>>
No. 467624 ID: a68e3e
File 135167294412.png - (64.54KB , 800x600 , 982.png )
467624

"Your guard is a wooden mannikin."

>"Your face is a wooden mannikin. Now, if you wish to gain back your spy I'm afraid you'll have to fight me for her! That is the only way to free your prisoner. Then you will have to enslave me correct? While I would hate to have to leave the island that is also a thing that would happen if I lost. Be warned though, if I win the price will be high. Do you accept my challenge?"
>>
No. 467625 ID: dc2631

>>467624
>"Your face is a wooden mannikin."

TECHNICALLY SLIGHTLY MAGICAL RUBBERS AND POLYMERS
>>
No. 467626 ID: dc2631

>>467624
ALSO FULL TERMS ARE NECESSARY IF YOU ARE PROPOSING A DUEL.
>>
No. 467627 ID: f2c20c

>>467624
Fine.
>>
No. 467628 ID: d67cc6

>>467624
I second this, terms and conditions must be laid out before a formal duel.
>>
No. 467630 ID: 629257

Eh I don't like it, sounds like a set up. Give a dismissive "nah" then ask to negotiate. It'll throw her off at least.
>>
No. 467631 ID: bf54a8

maybe she is honor bound to the island she can't leave by herself only by being taken.
>>
No. 467634 ID: a68e3e
File 135167383588.png - (60.50KB , 800x600 , 983.png )
467634

"I need to know all the terms before I can agree to it."

>"Of course."

She pulls out a piece of paper.

>"This is a standard set of rules for a duel. We will fight until one of us lose all our units including ourselves. Each of us will have 2 units to support ourselves. All in all it is a typical battle without the possibility of a permanent death and some unit restrictions. If you win you may get your spy back. If I win I will keep her and reap some of your equipment as a reward. Do you agree?"
>>
No. 467635 ID: 252e1b

>>467634
"If you're thinking you'll use the duel contract to argue that I can't enslave you, you should think twice. I could just attack, without agreeing to your duel contract, and take you when I win. I suggest that you at least put something in there to set terms on your service."
>>
No. 467638 ID: f2c20c

>>467634
"Not until you write it in a language I can read."
>>
No. 467642 ID: 1723ac

Call out to Nin, see what's her condition.

We must put a stop to this madness
>>467634
"No. You already know what will happen if we fight. And that's what you want, to lose, to be forced to finally leave this place. The entire village is fake, Rachel, and deep down you know it. You've been here so long by yourself that you imagined an entire village full of people to protect, living their lives and talking to you. You know that you've been here all alone, protecting no one except scarecrows, dummies, and dolls. It doesn't have to be this way, you don't have to be alone anymore. Just come with us."
>>
No. 467644 ID: bf54a8

i am not sure she CAN come with us if she just wants to, she has to be TAKEN to leave the island. magic law o some shit.

fight her and kick her ass super easy due to having 3 vs 1.
>>
No. 467651 ID: f2c20c

Oh right, and Scan her please.
>>
No. 467661 ID: beeca1

>>467638
>>467651
Yep
>>
No. 467662 ID: e3f578

>>467634
This is a life we're talking about. Keep her? What will you do with her? She simply stays a prisoner for the rest of her life? For following her general's orders? We have many enemies, and we need spies everywhere to gather information, truly no one in any land can be trusted. You shouldn't be so offended. And was she truly even a spy? She merely sent information of the status of these lands. This isn't practically public knowledge? Not to mention were keeping tabs on these lands to see if anyone important showed up related to the Overlord, these people could have even been a threat to your village. I suppose we could have let you know, but there are risks in that manner.

No, if you win, then you can keep me for a set amount of time as I perform tasks for you. My units will still be in my command the entire time, but I will respectfully follow you for a certain amount of time. You can change the conditions to reflect this if I win. A temporary enslavement, I will honor the agreement. But the Ninja will be let go regardless. You have no use of her. I do.

This my actually give Nin some good loyalty points if she's conscious, that would be the exact opposite of what Abel did.
>>
No. 467666 ID: 886a4d

Tell her the terms are acceptable. Enter battle.
>>
No. 467671 ID: 3338b5

She seems awful confident, considering. Unless she wants to lose? A way she can escape the island the oath or duty trapping her here without actually breaking it.

>>467662
Yeah, I endorse this. Even if by some miracle she defeats us, we cannot agree to terms that will leave a unit under our command abandoned or mistreated.
>>
No. 467693 ID: df925e

scan, then decide. you don't want to fight a level 30.
>>
No. 467794 ID: 6c3b85

Dirtbag is right, We're not gambling away a human life that is also Lilith's unit.
>>
No. 467796 ID: 3338b5

>>467794
Counter proposal: if we lose, the overlord will give himself into her custody in return for the release of her prisoner.
>>
No. 467801 ID: 6a5a08

>>467796
This.
>>
No. 468164 ID: a68e3e
File 135189673956.png - (165.99KB , 778x455 , 984.png )
468164

"No. You already know what will happen if we fight. And that's what you want, to lose, to be forced to finally leave this place. The entire village is fake, Rachel, and deep down you know it. You've been here so long by yourself that you imagined an entire village full of people to protect, living their lives and talking to you. You know that you've been here all alone, protecting no one except scarecrows, dummies, and dolls. It doesn't have to be this way, you don't have to be alone anymore. Just come with us."

>"It.. It is not fake. And I am not alone.. Now accept my challenge!"

".. Very well. However, if I lose instead of keeping Nin you can have me."

>"Oh? I accept!"

Before the battle starts you see Nin looking up at you in wonder.
=======================================================
Battle Start.
Unit Limit: 3
Placement phase.
=======================================================
>>
No. 468165 ID: beeca1

...Is there some kind of rule saying you can only scan or have a dramatic mini-speech before a fight that I'm not aware of?
>>
No. 468168 ID: bf54a8

oh yeah her own golem.
>>
No. 468169 ID: bf54a8

you and nix up front
>>
No. 468170 ID: 3338b5

Do we even have a choice as to who to deploy? I thought we'd been forced to decide on the units we were bringing in advance.

In which case, Solaris, Overlord, Nix.
>>
No. 468171 ID: a68e3e

>>468170
No but you have a choice on 'where' to deploy them
>>
No. 468173 ID: 3338b5

>>468171
Oh, right, doy.

Nix in the center of the front row (so she can close with and attack the one enemy without a bladed weapon, assuming the dolls can attack). Solaris behind Nix (healing form, right?). Overlord to the left of Solaris.
>>
No. 468174 ID: 6a5a08

Nix forward square in front of Robed Figure.
Overlord back square in front of Rachael.
Solaris two squares to Overlord's right.
Overlord: Scan Robed Figure.

We know Rachael's a Wind Fencer, though I can't find her actual stats. I'm more curious about this figure, since I think she was talking to it before? Looked like a Necromancer or something.
>>
No. 468196 ID: e17663
File 135190660307.png - (95.36KB , 550x550 , 133472451143.png )
468196

>>468174

Here's her stat sheet.
>>
No. 468199 ID: bf54a8

the other figure is a flash golem that we have seen in the bell tower, was the one that rang the bell.
>>
No. 468223 ID: a68e3e
File 135191324651.png - (185.22KB , 778x455 , 985.png )
468223

You place your units and cast Scan.
====================================
Rachel
LV 12 Wind Fencer
HP: 142
Atk: 25-30+15
Spd: 4
AP: 10

Skills and abilities-
Reprise- Turns any miss into a hit at the cost of 1AP, passive ability.
Parry- Possibly block an opponent's attack. Followed by Riposte.
Riposte -Deal x 2 dmg at opponent after a successful Parry. Costs 2AP
Appel- Inflicts Fear for 1 turn. Costs 1AP
Double- Attacks twice in 1 turn. Costs 2 AP

Flesh Golem
LV 10 Golem
HP: 200
ATK: 0
MP: 1
SPD: 2

Over-shield: Give HP to ally units. If it is over their max the HP is still added as an over-heal.
+Defense: 1MP gives +5 Def to an ally for 2 turns.
Block: Has a 15% chance of blocking an enemy attack and taking the damage by moving the attacked ally unit back or to the side 1 space.
Golem Regen: If dropped to -5 HP will simply fall apart until rebuilt.
MP Regen: Gains +1 mp per turn.
Can not be healed with Magic/Items

Dummy
Lv 20 Dummy
HP: 0
Atk: 0
SPD: 0

No special skills or abilities. You dummy.
====================================

Solaris is in her healer form.
Solaris and Nix can still move.
>>
No. 468227 ID: f2c20c

Nix should move in front of Overlord and use Poison Toss on the fencer. Also coat her blade in paralysis poison.

Solaris should use +Accuracy on Nix. Speaking of Nix, have her wear that Full Plate Armor that popped out of thin air.
>>
No. 468236 ID: 6a5a08

>>468227
This, but have Solaris move as far away from the enemy as she can before using the buff.
>>
No. 468253 ID: 3338b5

>>468227
>>468236
That works.

>Lv 20 Dummy
>HP: 0
Wait, how can an hp 0 creature exit on the field? Shouldn't it automatically die?
>>
No. 468254 ID: a68e3e
File 135192169177.png - (91.50KB , 400x509 , dum de dum dum dum.png )
468254

>>468253
The Dummy now has 1,000,000 HP!

It has 1
>>
No. 468256 ID: a68e3e
File 135192289047.png - (191.70KB , 778x455 , 986.png )
468256

Solaris moves and casts +Acc on Nix.
Nix moves, coats Paralyzing Poison onto her blade and then tosses Poison at the Rachel. It hits, poisoning her.

>"Ew!"
>>
No. 468261 ID: a68e3e
File 135192337241.png - (191.58KB , 778x455 , 987.png )
468261

Rachel takes some damage from the poison.
Flesh Golem sacrifices 100 of it's HP to Rachel giving her 235 HP.

Rachel moves forward and uses Double to attack Nix twice!
One of the attacks misses. She uses Reprise to turn the failed attack into a hit!
Each of her attacks deal 40dmg. Nix's armor soaks up 10 of the dmg for a total of 70dmg taken.
Nix is down to 5HP!

Your move.
>>
No. 468264 ID: f2c20c

>>468261
Nix, attack. Also use a healing potion.
Overlord, attack. That'll knock her back a space and she'll be paralyzed too.

Solaris, use Heal on nix if Rachel's paralyzed. If she's not paralyzed, use Entangle on her.
>>
No. 468266 ID: 92c81e

>>468261
Have Nix use a potion or a super potion (I'm not sure how much they heal) and get out of range of Rachel. Overlord should shoot from where he is. Solaris should cast entangle on Rachel. Hopefully that will buy us a little time.
>>
No. 468267 ID: 3338b5

Pity Nix's no longer immune to blade damage. Rachael packs quite a punch.

Nix should try to paralyze her. Solaris should heal Nix, and the Overlord should dump a potion on her too, if necessary.
>>
No. 468271 ID: 886a4d

Nix should start regenerating as well.

>>468264
Sounds good.
>>
No. 468273 ID: 6a5a08

>>468264
This.
>>
No. 468289 ID: f2c20c

Oh right, Nix is below 15% hp. She should use a desperation attack!
>>
No. 468302 ID: 3b3043

Is Nix's blood still corrosive? If it is, then Rachel's blade won't be useful for much longer.
>>
No. 468407 ID: 3a6261

maybe drink the potion before attacking. y'know, in case of riposte.

Solaris should heal her. Overlord should attack up close. you want both him and Nix getting damaged to split the damage between them because I doubt we can keep up with it.
>>
No. 468424 ID: 92c81e

>>468407
Once Rachel is out of AP she will be far less dangerous, we just have to weather the storm until it comes to that. Also, we can attack the flesh golem when possible. It's much safer to burn through that HP than risking Rachel parrying.
>>
No. 468940 ID: a68e3e
File 135216502062.png - (211.50KB , 778x455 , 988.png )
468940

Nix uses a Desperation Attack dealing an automatic crit hit on Rachael for 60dmg!
Rachael is now Paralyzed!

Overlord fires at Rachael dealing 25dmg with his gun and knocking her back one space!

Solaris heals Nix for 23HP.
>>
No. 468944 ID: a68e3e
File 135216557631.png - (190.81KB , 778x455 , 989.png )
468944

Rachel drinks a potion. She is no longer Poisoned or Paralyzed.
Flesh Golem gives Rachel 99HP dropping it down to 1HP.
Rachel moves to Nix and uses Double to attack her twice.
One of the attacks misses. She uses Reprise to turn the failed attack into a hit.
Each of her attacks deal 40dmg. Nix's armor soaks up 10 of the dmg for a total of 70dmg taken.

Nix has fallen.

>"You are lucky that death is not a concern in this battle or she would be gone. You are next."
>>
No. 468948 ID: 70c0f2

Wait, wait. I call bullshit. How can a paralyzed person drink a potion?

Hmm. Overlord beam time? And shift Solaris to an offensive form and lay into her.
>>
No. 468950 ID: bf54a8

"why would she be gone? death has never really been an issue for us"

solaris use fruit of life to revive nix
overlord shoot the golem
nix if you can move this turn attack rachel again.
>>
No. 468951 ID: beeca1

>>468948
My guess is it's Pokemon-style paralysis.
Finish off the Golem, then Overlord-Beam her.
>>
No. 468954 ID: 886a4d

>>468953
Seconded, but Overlord Beam instead of just shooting her.
>>
No. 468955 ID: a68e3e

>>468948
From the wiki:
Paralyzed- Unit can not use their Move Phase.

Says nothing about the item phase.
>>
No. 468959 ID: 70c0f2

>>468955
Yes, that's obviously what happened, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. It also effectively makes paralysis (and pretty much any other status) useless against any sufficiently funded enemy.

>Overlord Beam
...hey, do you think Nin's captivity will give it a further power boost? We've got one unit down, and one in shackles.
>>
No. 468974 ID: 92c81e

Rachel has used 6 out of 10 AP, she only has one or two strong turns left, we just gotta hold.

Finish off the flesh golem, and keep moving Solaris back, to keep her out of range. She should Apple of Life to revive Nix. Nix should take a potion if she still gets a turn.
>>
No. 469005 ID: 6a5a08

>>468974
This. If Nix can act after revival, have her move out of range and throw a paralysis poison at Rachael.
>>
No. 469015 ID: f2c20c

>>468944
>Nix uses Desperation attack for a crit, does only like 10 extra damage
WHAT. Her normal damage is 20-23+20, dammit! That should've done like 80!

Inform her that Nix would be quite fine even in a regular battle, but we are thankful for Solaris's safety.

Also it's really annoying that enemies have potions that cure ailments instantly but we can't even buy them.
>>
No. 469020 ID: 6a5a08

>>469015
We can buy them at the Black Mage Wizard Academy, where people like Ruby are trained. We got a cure for the Age spell when Kass got hit.
>>
No. 469023 ID: f2c20c

>>469020
Those aren't potions.
>>
No. 469032 ID: 92c81e

>>469023
I thought there were both cures and potions, with the potions being more expensive.

I think it's fine that enemies can have items, so long as it's appropriate quantity and variety. It does take up their item phase, so they can't use other items, remember. Maybe we can hit someone with 2 status effects next time, if we need more of a hit.

On a side note, I did really like some enemies having the rings that changed the rules, and things like that. Terrain and things like that make fights more interesting!
>>
No. 469037 ID: 061dde

shoot the golem, then shoot her.
>>
No. 469051 ID: f2c20c

>>469032
She had two status effects. She cured both of them at once.
>>
No. 469057 ID: 92c81e

>>469051
Hmm... so it was. I missed that. Well, some status effects might be harder to cure, like Solaris entangling. You can't exactly potion away vines.
>>
No. 469090 ID: 897ffb

>469037
Yes.
>>
No. 469108 ID: e17663

>>468944
Wait a minute.

Isn't Nix immune to piercing weapons? How the hell is a rapier killing her then?
>>
No. 469109 ID: bf54a8

>>469108
it counts as a blade.
>>
No. 469115 ID: 70c0f2

>>469108
>>469109
Yeah, judging from the attack animations trails, she's somehow slashing with the rapier instead of stabbing.
>>
No. 469127 ID: d4ad1a

>>469115
>>469109
>>469108
Fuckin' game abstractions.
>>
No. 469129 ID: 6a5a08
File 135223440436.jpg - (26.82KB , 300x596 , 300px-Raphael_Soul_Calibur_V.jpg )
469129

>>469127
>>469115
I imagine her weapon is similar to most of Raphael's weapons in SC, capable of cutting as well as thrusting. Realistic and practical or not I wouldn't know, I'm not a fencer or anything. But this world runs on video game logic, so I imagine she's using slash damage instead of piercing damage.
Pic for reference.
>>
No. 469130 ID: a68e3e

Just thought I'd pop in to remind everyone that this quest 'is' based off of games. Things that would be logical in real life are thrown out of the window as soon as you put people on a grid and have them take turns to fight.
Rapiers are traditionally a piercing weapon rather then a slashing one but in this game it counts as a blade and because of that it slashes.
>>
No. 469132 ID: 70c0f2

>>469130
Oh, we were just being silly and nitpicky, don't pay us no mind. We can't really help it.

...although as far as 'it's games' go, I've definately played some RPGs and things that draw damage type distinctions for things like rapiers. So it could go either way.
>>
No. 469334 ID: a68e3e
File 135227106750.png - (219.39KB , 778x455 , 990.png )
469334

Solaris uses the Apple of Life to revive Nix.
Nix moves and slashes Rachel dealing 40dmg.
You use the OVERLORD BEAM slamming Solaris into a wall and dealing 150dmg. You feel very odd after using it.

>"Guh... So strong.."
>>
No. 469336 ID: a68e3e
File 135227113012.png - (184.99KB , 778x455 , 991.png )
469336

>"I... I think I shall surrender this fight.. I can't beat someone so powerful. Do you accept this?"
>>
No. 469337 ID: beeca1

>>469334
....150 damage to Rachel, not Solaris, right?
>>
No. 469338 ID: a68e3e
File 135227125841.png - (66.15KB , 800x600 , 992.png )
469338

>>469337
... Yes. Rachel. Of course. That would be rather cruel to do to Solaris
>>
No. 469339 ID: beeca1

>>469338
Well you did feel rather odd.


Accept her sacrifice and then discreetly check on your new eye to make sure your evil self hasn't become some kind of scar spreading across your face or some such.
>>
No. 469342 ID: f2c20c

>>469336
Accept her surrender on the condition that she works for you now. Attempt a Subjugation, basically.

"And then what? You stay here, alone, with only dummies and golems to keep you company? Come with me and you can make a new life. We can even bring who did it to justice."
>>
No. 469344 ID: 70c0f2

...why was that attack so powerful? Shouldn't using overlord beam after rezing Nix have weakened it?

>Do you accept this?
Yes, I accept your surrender. Are you all right?

Overlord, examine yourself. Determine what's odd. Have healer-Solaris provide first aid to Rachel and Nin as necessary. Get her unchained, too.
>>
No. 469370 ID: 1723ac

Do we get the Flesh Golem and Dummy if she surrenders? Or would we have to subjugate them both?
>>
No. 469383 ID: e22c0d

fine, but her soldiers join us. I really like that stoic guy. we should make him a lieutenant.
>>
No. 469582 ID: a68e3e
File 135235704309.png - (185.13KB , 778x455 , 993.png )
469582

"And then what? You stay here, alone, with only dummies and golems to keep you company? Come with me and you can make a new life. We can even bring who did it to justice."

>"... I.. I will join you. But I'm afraid I don't know what you mean but uhm.. Justice. Everything is fine here. That's why I want to leave.. These people can fend for themselves now.."
>>
No. 469593 ID: f2c20c

>>469582
...it's gonna take some work to get her to move past this, I see.

Take her in.
>>
No. 469594 ID: 886a4d

Ya might as well, take her in. Then rescue Nix, see if she needs healing. Then get any valuables on the island and head home.
>>
No. 469600 ID: f2c20c

>>469594
You mean Nin.
>>
No. 469601 ID: 886a4d

>>469600
Yes
>>
No. 469605 ID: a68e3e
File 135236393616.png - (90.61KB , 562x600 , 994.png )
469605

You accept Rachel into the group.
Nin is free from her bindings and after looking her over you see she's perfectly fine.
Rachel explains that there are a few things she needs to take care of and asks to not be called on to work for just a little bit. You agree and take Nin back to the castle.
When she returns Lilith sees her and runs over to hug Nin.

>"Oh my little pet, you've finally returned~ I heard what happened Overlord and I am grateful you went in to rescue her."

"I would do that for any of my people."

>"Heh. Speaking of people Tikka and Gram want to know what your plans are with Tzen-Toral. They still have their armies of Nekomata and Gunners, under my command of course, and respect the fact that we won that little war they were having. Should we treat them as you have the people of the Wild?"
>>
No. 469608 ID: f2c20c

I think that's fairly appropriate.
>>
No. 469609 ID: 1723ac

As long as they recognize my authority and are ready to march upon my command then yes. Tell them to trade a portion of soldiers to each other to balance melee and range. And it should go without saying, order the immediate reconstruction efforts throughout Tzen-Toral. If any outsiders question how this peace came to be, have them state that diplomatic solution was established or some other believable deception.
>>
No. 469615 ID: e3f578

>>469605
Are the lands still affected by the pyramid in some way? We shouldn't send them back home until we're sure all the effects have worn off.
>>
No. 469621 ID: 4ec8b3

Debrief Nin and check her loyalty, what did she see while spying on Rachel and how did she get caught? We should investigate Rachel's village and the surrounding forest. Are all the the Ghouls former inhabitants of the village? Since Rachel is under our command, do we now control Jahall Saer as well?

Styx, is it possible to alchemize golems or people?
>>
No. 469633 ID: 1f424a

sure, but tell them to merge the lands for fuck's sake.

I think with all these lands we're getting under our control, we better have them prepare some defenses. y'know, against Abel. and speaking of defenses, when was the last time we upgraded the castle?
>>
No. 469650 ID: 6a5a08

Yes, but if they haven't already they should merge.

Also, on that subject, let's see how Ken (once he gets back) and the Sniper Trio are doing. We don't even know the latter trio's names, do we?
>>
No. 469651 ID: 70c0f2

I suppose treating them that way would be easiest, from a management perspective. Do we need to divert funds to help rebuild their territory after 3 years of destructive ans treasury draining war?

We should check in with Styx, see if we can figure out what was off with our Overlord beam. Make sure something isn't breaking down, or that evil is leeching through, or it's gotten powerful enough to start corrupting us with dark mana or something.
>>
No. 469859 ID: 6c3b85

>>469609
>>469651

Give them back their Guys, but keep the gunner we gave to Alice. Also see if they have any dire need for assistance in reconstruction. The mixing up of melee and range fighters is a good idea, too.

While we're on the topic with Lilith, I'd like to bring up the idea that Lilith start earning herself her own separate castle as part of her "Overlord training." She keeps the money and spoils her workers earn, and when she has enough, she can pay us to wish her up her very own castle, or build one at cost with the imps piece by piece. She can be an allied stronghold here in the demon world, where we aren't all that popular, and we reserve the right to call on her for aid or the use of any special troops. What do guys think?
>>
No. 469869 ID: 6a5a08

>>469859
Seconded.
>>
No. 469876 ID: 629257

I don't want to keep their armies, but I do want us to have a team of three of each kind of unit on hand. If Lilih wishes for it she may have as many under her direct control. And we reserve the right to call upon more of their forces temporarily to back up our own if need be.

As for Gram and Tikka themselves, they may share command of the now unified country under our banner. I'm not sure we want to advertise the fact of that yet though.
>>
No. 470305 ID: a68e3e
File 135252916636.png - (182.57KB , 800x600 , 995.png )
470305

"They will retain control of their forces, save for Ken who is under Alice's control right now. However if we need to we must be able to call upon their troops for support and their aid as well. Essentially it will be similar to our current agreement to the people of the Wild. Also Lilith you have proven invaluable so far. I think it is time to take the next step in your Overlord Training. You may use one of the Worker Imps here and start building a small castle of your own. Use Tikka and Gram's units and try and build your own castle."

>"Am I right to assume I would be an ally of yours as well? Same as the Wild and Tzen-Toral?"

"Yes."

She runs Nin's head.

>"You have my favorite pet on your team. I suppose I will agree to this."

You nod.

"Speaking of which. Nin, what did you see while you were there?"

>"Hmm..? Oh. Nothing much to be honest. I was captured pretty shortly after my second trip. I do know however that other than the girl there's really no one else there. The place seems to have been hit pretty bad by some kind of plague that reduced everyone else to ghouls."

"No idea what or who started that plague?"

>"None."

"Very well. I will see if Rachel will be more cooperative later."

>"Mmhmm.. Oh. And.. Thanks for saving me."

"I would never leave behind one of my own. Also I got a new knife for you to use."

You equip Nin with her new blade. She thanks you again. It seems her loyalty has gone up.

Styx approaches you.

>"My lord."

"Yes?"

>"There is someone at the door for you."

"Who?"

>"I am not sure. I could go and try and see from the top floor if you desire."
>>
No. 470307 ID: e3f578

>>470305
Don't do it.
I have a gut feeling that the tower would blow up for some reason, probably by an outside attacker. We'll just enter battle mode automatically at the door if it's hostile.

Ask Styx to design an easily movable device that can see who's outside from practically anywhere in the castle. If she already has a design, well shit, just throw some money at it.
>>
No. 470315 ID: 46ac34

Time to make cucumber sandwiches and tea for our guest
>>
No. 470316 ID: 70c0f2

We might as well just receive them. If they're an enemy, we're going to have to fight them anyways.

Why doesn't the front door have a peephole? Or why isn't it covered by those narrow arrow slit windows? It shouldn't be difficult to discern who's at the door without opening it. That's a design flaw.
>>
No. 470318 ID: a68e3e
File 135253043151.png - (75.22KB , 800x600 , 996.png )
470318

If the person is hostile then you can simply engage them in battle. You do, however, make a note to have Styx create some sort of device that can monitor people that are right outside the castle. A remote viewer of sorts.

You open the door and see a man in completely silver and gold armor.

>"Hello. I'm here for my doctor."
>>
No. 470319 ID: bf54a8

"yes i figured someone else would be showing up eventually"
>>
No. 470321 ID: 886a4d

The doctor is free to leave at any time he pleases. I am not holding him prisoner. You may consult with him if you wish. However I will ask that you please do not resort to violence while in my castle.
>>
No. 470322 ID: 70c0f2

Hello, Abel. How good to see you. The doctor is my guest, not my prisoner; he is and has been free to leave at any time. You will have to ask him if he wishes to do so.
>>
No. 470325 ID: 6c3b85

OH FUCK.

...we don't need him anymore anyway though, so it's okay.
>>
No. 470328 ID: 6a5a08

"He is not a prisoner, he may leave whenever he wishes."
Use your Overlord powers to mentally ping Styx to get the cure formula from the doctor while you talk with Abel, then send him down. That way if Abel refuses to mass produce it, we can still do so.
"I will have someone fetch the doctor. I would also offer tea, but nobody has accepted so far. Don't supposed you would be interested in talking while the doctor is on his way?"
>>
No. 470330 ID: dc2631

>>470318
"Hello, Abel. Shall we have tea while he packs up?"
>>
No. 470338 ID: 92c81e

>>470330
We don't drink tea, or anything else for that matter. Golem, remember?
>>
No. 470343 ID: 9718f3

>>470338
And neither does he. And we know that. But there is social protocol to keep in mind. Also, it strikes me as highly amusing, the two of them awkwardly sitting across each other, both not drinking their tea.
>>
No. 470350 ID: 488507

the doctor cooperated with a demon. I don't want Abel doing to him what I think he would.

ask the doctor if he wants to go with Abel, and if not, refuse to hand him over.
>>
No. 470373 ID: f2c20c

>>470318
Tell him he has completed his work unexpectedly quickly, and should be able to live in Abel's lands from now on with no issues if the doctor wishes it.
>>
No. 470477 ID: 6c3b85

Styx already has the cure formula.
>>
No. 470480 ID: 6a5a08

>>470477
Well that certainly saves time!
>>
No. 470537 ID: c807ff

>>470318
Do we still need him for anything? I'm pretty sure we can afford to let him go.
>>
No. 470560 ID: 0c2247

>>470318
Have somebody tell the doctor.
"He's neither of ours; he's a free agent. He is being informed you are here for him, but he chooses when and where and he will go."
>>
No. 470662 ID: 2eac65

"Ah, yes. I'll inform him of your arrival. I trust he will be treated well if he returns with you?"
Don't be too lecturing or accusatory. There is no need to be impolite.

Other things to keep in mind: Make sure you retain a copy of the cure formula, to ensure that it can't be destroyed in an accident or otherwise.
>>
No. 470792 ID: 68e28a

USE SCAN.
>>
No. 470819 ID: 6c3b85

DON'T SCAN out of combat. It's rude and he will know. We're supposed to be the bigger man here. Besides, he probably has an anti scry artifact.
>>
No. 470822 ID: d1de65

our house, our rules. scan that motherfucker.
>>
No. 470832 ID: 2eac65

Don't scan, because if we scan him, he might take it as an invitation to scan us. Then he'd find out about our recently acquiring our second eye, and we should probably keep that a secret.
>>
No. 470838 ID: bf54a8

i agree, he probably knows we can scan and would take it the wrong way.
>>
No. 470985 ID: a68e3e
File 135270244982.png - (78.80KB , 574x572 , 997.png )
470985

With your Overlord abilities you order Styx to get the doctor and hold onto any copies of the cure, just in case.

"Hello, Abel. Shall we have tea while he packs up?"

>"That sounds lovely."

Abel steps inside the castle, following you to the dining area. Already someone has set out tea and cakes. The two of you take a seat across from one another.
To your surprise Abel takes off a part of his helm revealing a human looking face. He picks up the tea and takes a sip.

>"Hmm.. I must admit the flavor is.. Unique. I suppose being brewed in demonic air makes some of the leaves a bit off. Might I recommend some from my own land? It is grown within the Garden. I'm sure you've seen it before. The brew is quite exquisite."

"Thank you for the prefer but I prefer the leaves grown by my own people."

>"It is grown by your people. In a sense"

He takes another sip.

>"How has my doctor been doing?"

"Within my castle he's done very well. I would say his work is nearly done."

>"Oh? He had been working on it for quite some time."

"Well I suppose he just needed a bit of room to stretch his wings to really get it done."

>"I suppose some scholars would find this place suitable to study in. Dark, cold, mostly barren of people. Truly this is a studious environment."

"More so than one in which he has someone constantly looking over his shoulder."

>"One must watch their subjects, lest they do something sinister like betray them. It is the greatest shame a ruler could go through. Assuming they survive it of course."
>>
No. 470987 ID: bf54a8

"i suppose, but betrayal is rarely done for no reason."
>>
No. 470990 ID: a8af63

>>470985
Just as being abandoned by a master is a servant's worst nightmare. Assuming they survive it, of course.
>>
No. 470991 ID: e3f578

>>470985
What is exactly the point of the genocide of demons, and the particular cruelty he shows them and their corpses? Doesn't seem particularly orderly of him.
Betrayal isn't the greatest shame of a ruler. Complete failure to adapt is the worst shame. Ask him of his mother, talk about yours, if you may ask. Perhaps discuss your inner natures that they created. Chaos, Order, blah blah blah blah. Similar ideas in your creations, could they have been once co-workers?

The idea to take a metaphorical concept and shape it into a golem, let alone being capable of it, is not something most inventors would begin to ponder, yet your mother's did so, and at opposite ends. Ask if there's other similar concept golems, who knows, there may be a secret society of your crazy metaphorical element golem makers.
>>
No. 470993 ID: dc2631

>>470985
"One need hardly worry when one truly understands and works for his subjects. Rulership is a duty - not a privelidge. The moment you understand what that means is the moment you are a true lord and master of your land. Until then... Well, until then, your ninjas end up sleeping with demons."
>>
No. 470997 ID: 6a5a08

>>470990
That reminds me. Send Nin/Lilith a mental Overlord ping to make sure a certain ninja doesn't try to backstab Abel as revenge for abandoning her.

"A grave mistake my previous incarnation made. I find it is far more fulfilling to be Respected than to be Feared."
>>
No. 471007 ID: f2c20c

>>470985
Better a ruler be betrayed than he betray his own people.
>>
No. 471008 ID: 6a5a08

>>470993
>>470991
Don't chastise him directly, or otherwise provoke him, and definitely don't say 'your ninja is sleeping with demons'. This guy's still way stronger than us, we don't want to confront him yet.
>>
No. 471021 ID: 04b86a

"Not necessarily. My betrayal freed me from the madness that had gripped me. I'm actually grateful for what happened."

Come to think of it, the old Overlord was acting like Shana was when she was still corrupted by dark mana. Maybe we aren't as immune to the area's taint as we assumed we were.
>>
No. 471025 ID: 0c2247

>>470985
"Greater shame would be in not learning when it happens. Forcing people to hide their opinions makes the underlying problems invisible and breeds resentment. A hated leader or one who can't fix their problems are both incompetent by definition."
>>
No. 471039 ID: a68e3e
File 135271357079.png - (70.91KB , 574x572 , 998.png )
471039

"Not necessarily. My betrayal freed me from the madness that had gripped me. I'm actually grateful for what happened."

>"As am I. If not for your previous form's downfall it may have taken me quite a bit longer to find enough things to feed my garden. Your destruction benefited the two of us really."

"Glad to know that you needed my help in order to make your kingdom what it is today."

>"Oh no it merely sped up the process. Though I must say what you've done to the castle is amazing in it's own right. I never thought you'd even manage to get this off the ground."

"It took work. My own units helped me rebuild this literally from the ground up. We worked together to make this."

He laughs.

>"If it took your entire team to simply create..." he gestures widely at the stone dining hall. "This. Well.. You might want to look into getting better workers. I can lend you some of my own. Normally I wouldn't but I can see you might be in need of extra, non-demonic, help."

"I appreciate the offer but my troops can manage well enough on their own. Besides I wouldn't want to take any more of your men, they might just decide to stay with me after they're done with their work."

>"... That would be quite bad wouldn't it? I myself can barely tolerate being in this realm for too long. It amazes me that you have so many heroes here that are willing to work with you. You really must tell me how you do it. Surely you don't resort to such crude and evil methods like the Enslave ability?"
>>
No. 471043 ID: f2c20c

>>471039
I did a quick check. Less than half of our active forces- 7 of them- were gained via use of Enslave. Ruby, Alice, Nix, Lenion, Silva, Ken(Alice's gunner), Nin. We also enslaved Leon, but that was actually to punish him, in accordance with the deal we had with the Slime King.

So we can say we've been using it less and less of late. It has proven unnecessary, so we have been growing beyond it.

Ask him if he's grown at all since he was born.
>>
No. 471044 ID: bf54a8

"only a handful when i just woke up and wasn't entirely sure what i was doing, the only things i knew about what i could do came from my people, coming back from the dead can be very disorienting. i am also forced to do so when a hero attacks me in my home, otherwise they would die permanently. it also doesn't do much if the person actively hates me, such as ms. nin, i do not doubt she would of been perfectly willing to hide away somewhere forever, waiting for you to rescue her."
>>
No. 471051 ID: f2c20c

>>471044
Oh, yeah, we had to Enslave Nin or she'd have died. Also we had to Enslave Nix or she'd have respawned in a town and infected people.

So we only really willingly Enslaved like 5 people, and it turns out it was completely unnecessary with Lenion. If he's just talking about Heroes... Kassandra, Fluffy and Rachel are Subjugated. Alice, Ruby, Lenion, Nix and Nin are Enslaved. So, about half, except Nin was forced on us and Nix was for the good of everyone.

Oh right! We forgot to mention how he uses an objectively evil method to make Blood Crystals; by harvesting the blood of completely innocent Moon Children. They aren't even demons!
>>
No. 471054 ID: 08ce67

>>471039
"It is an option but I don't need to resort to that. Just like I don't need to use such evil and crude methods like torture and watering my petunias with blood. Water will suffice for that kind of thing."

This is just cut and thrust of a verbal fight. Let's not explain anything that Abel can use against us.
>>
No. 471079 ID: 2bf10d

we do what we must.
>>
No. 471085 ID: 70c0f2

>Surely you don't resort to such crude and evil methods like the Enslave ability?
I have, when necessary. Far more often I have won my forces through subjugation.

We should ask if his man, Forest, is all right. He did offer us information that saved the life of one of our units when he was last here, but he disappeared in the explosion, afterwards.
>>
No. 471087 ID: e3f578

>>471039
You say that's evil but your fucking sadist garden of torture isn't? Where the fuck does HIS standards of morality come from? Shitty hypocritical morals magazine?
>>
No. 471090 ID: 997ce7

>>471054
This, and ask about Forest. Remember to mention how Moon Children aren't even demons.
>>
No. 471105 ID: 6a5a08

"Not anymore. Except, of course, in the case of those who would die otherwise, or those who are out of their minds."
>>
No. 471106 ID: 0c2247

>>471039
"Tools aren't evil, evil is in how they are used. By way of example, it was the only way to save Nin's life when she mistakenly thought suicide would have been the fastest way home, not realizing she wasn't in the human realm.

Incidentally, she's been happy here. Not that you care, of course.
I understand it's something about working in a group where nobody is ever abandoned, instead of one that would throw anybody to the dogs to mildly convenience its dictator."
>>
No. 471134 ID: e3f578

Oh yeah, I just came up with a new question.
What's with his racism of demons. He's not a hero or demon. He's a fucking Golem. What's with the prejudice?
>>
No. 471247 ID: 6c3b85

Overlord doesn't know for sure he's a golem.

Guys, DO NOT ANTAGONIZE this man. He already knows we do not approve of his racism or his garden. We're not going to change his mind, we're just going to make him be a dick about it. We've got through the conversation civilly enough so far, and Styx and the doctor should be coming soon enough to end it. Just play it cool, we can't take him on right now.
>>
No. 471249 ID: 6a5a08

>>471247
This x999
>>
No. 471250 ID: 70c0f2

>>471247
Seconding this. The man is obviously trying to goad us- don't let him. We'll deal with him at a time and place of our choosing, not his.
>>
No. 473613 ID: a68e3e
File 135356150169.png - (68.49KB , 461x525 , 999.png )
473613

"It is an option but I don't need to resort to that. Just like I don't need to use such evil and crude methods like torture and watering my petunias with blood. Water will suffice for that kind of thing."

He laughs.

>"I suppose it would be easier to obtain as well. I will keep that in mind."

The Doctor appears.

>"Abel."

>"Doctor. I'd sent Forest after you."

>"I know."

>"And you didn't return?"

>"I was working on something."

>"I'm aware. You know what the cost of working with demons willingly is, don't you?"

>"I do."

>"Good."

And with that Abel fires a blast of golden light at the Doctor. The man falls to the floor and seems to simply disintegrate into nothingness.
You sit there, completely frozen.
>>
No. 473615 ID: a68e3e
File 135356154299.png - (40.99KB , 489x415 , 1000.png )
473615

>"And now I shall take my leave."

He stands.

"Why would you do that to your own man..?"

>"Hmm? He stopped being on my side the moment he agreed to stay here. I wish I'd come sooner though. It was not a good choice to let one of my previous assets remain here for so long.. At least he did something useful before he died. The cure is done, right? That is a good thing I suppose."

"..."

>"I know it is. I know a lot of things. Like the Moon Child you have here, the incident with your second eye, how you managed to gain that demon hero. Your castle isn't as secure as you had thought. Now, if you don't mind, I'm leaving. I can not tolerate this land any more."
>>
No. 473617 ID: c7dc56

Call him a bitch-ass pansy.
>>
No. 473619 ID: 70c0f2

...abuse a rule break to make it so the doctor was wearing an angel ring?

I don't think we have another apple of life or anything at our disposal.

...although maybe we can use his share of the profits from selling and distributing the cure to raise the gold to pay for a mimic wish resurrection? That would be kind of appropriate. Of course, we'd have to make sure our castle is scry proof first, to make sure Abel doesn't just come back and kill him again.

We pretty much have two options now. We either attack Abel, or let him go. As much as I want to make him pay for that murder (overlord BEAM!), I don't think we're powerful enough to take him yet.

I cannot tolerate your presence any longer either. Leave.
>>
No. 473620 ID: beeca1

>>473615
Laugh at him. Everything he does is calculated to try and affect you. Just laugh.

"Did you think I thought it was? My castle is, of course, roughly as secure as your land."
>>
No. 473622 ID: 1e9d01

>>473615
"You killed an innocent man. Murderer. No demons were involved in his research! You're a madman and a tyrant and I will not tolerate you in this world any longer!"

Summon up all our troops. I want him dead.
>>
No. 473623 ID: d7965f

"Crude, very, very crude of you."
>>
No. 473629 ID: e1a015

>>473615
"The Church will know you murdered the man who cured more people than you have ever saved. You know the way out."
>>
No. 473630 ID: cf49fc

>>473620
Inform him that he's a vain, greedy, cruel boy, then inform him that he should leave. When he leaves, find something that would be suicidally dangerous to do, like pissing off elemental dragons or awakening Azathoth, and trick him into thinking you've gotten such a being on your side. When he warps over to the Tarrasque and starts lobbing disintegrate beams about in "retaliation", chortle and watch as his "perfect" kingdom burns down to nothing but copies of 1984 and rebar.
>>
No. 473632 ID: 1e9d01

>>473619
Well, to revive him, we can pay Mimi. I wonder if Abel is willing to punish someone twice for a single crime?

We should at least get him to agree that the Doctor's crimes are paid, now.

...this gives me an idea. We could check to see how much it would cost to revive everyone Abel murdered for doing good things. They would all be reliable allies.
>>
No. 473638 ID: e1a015

>>473632
>>473630


It's time to set the world on Abel.
Step 1, we notify the church that the Doctor was murdered just after completing his cure. We have the recipe, free of charge in honour of his death - however, in exchange, we'd like information on any peoples or individuals Abel has brought grief. We will gather these individual and parties. This is step 1.

Lilith has contacts in Hell, and is independent and has an army large enough to respect. We ask her to petition assistance from individuals there for temporary help for a siege. This is step 2.

Finally, we set the trap by spreading a rumour - using the forces covertly gained in 1. We pretend we have garnered the support of a large and powerful natural beast. We want Abel to think that we will loose it on him, enough that he attempts to strike first. As soon as he does, we move to siege his home. No sacking, just neutralize the defenses.

NO CITIZENS ARE TO BE HARMED. If necessary, simply disable them. Secure the city, his castle, his entire nation while he is out. This REQUIRES speedy action and fast movement of allies. This is step 3.

He will return with an honor guard, and attempt to fight you. He has a gauntlet weapon of some sort - but we have an ace. Rule Breaker. We challenge him to single combat.

We use the Rule Breaker on a golem made from Order.

This may or may not kill us. But it'll probably be worth it.
>>
No. 473652 ID: 92c81e

>>473632
Indeed, it is possible to revive him via Mimi, but we have no money.
>>
No. 473664 ID: 1e9d01

>>473652
We'll be getting money from distributing the cure. Plus, we have ways of making money relatively quickly. For instance we could toss Fluffy in the Arena to win the championship. Plus, dispatching people to hunt is rather profitable.
>>
No. 473684 ID: 41a1a3

Actually the best way to take down Abel is through economics. If we can control the economy we theoretically could turn his life upside-down anytime we wish.
>>
No. 473686 ID: deaff4

ask him if he's dead.
>>
No. 473693 ID: 41a1a3

>>473686
He's dead Jim.
>>
No. 473698 ID: 6a5a08

Don't be a moron. Let him go, we can deal with him later, and our Mimic might be able to revive the Doctor.
>>
No. 473707 ID: 62496e

>>473638
This.
>>
No. 473715 ID: 41a1a3

We should first secure our castle and find that damn spy.
>>
No. 473749 ID: 2f4b71

Hang on, wasn't the Doctor still technically a member of Abel's faction? Will he not just respawn back at Abel's city?
>>
No. 473750 ID: 6a5a08

>>473749
Heroes die permanently in the Demon World.
Where our base is.
>>
No. 473802 ID: a68e3e
File 135363456704.png - (79.71KB , 579x528 , 1001.png )
473802

"And I can not tolerate your presence any longer. Leave. Now."

>"I shall. Goodbye Overlord."

Abel leaves the castle.

Alalia wheels up to you.

>"That was pretty damn lame."

"Not now Alalia."

>"I'm not here to mess with you. Just wanted to say I don't like what he did and if you wanna revive the Doc I'll only charge you G10,000. That's like the lowest I can go for that wish, there's not even a profit in it for me."

"Thank you."

>"No problem. You treat your people right Overlord and I can respect that."

"How much would it cost to make Abel simply explode?"

>".... G250,000? He's strong."
>>
No. 473805 ID: 92c81e

>>473802
Oh! I know the perfect thing to do that is very Overlordy. We keep track of the amount of money that WOULD have been owed to the doctor, as originally discussed, and use that money to resurrect him. So he is basically paying for his own resurrection. I think that is fair to both us and him.
>>
No. 473808 ID: 70c0f2

What's our current gold? Regardless, I like the idea of using the profits from selling the cure to pay for the doctor's resurrection if we cannot afford it.

Before we can do that though, we'll have to see about our own security. Abel either has a spy in our mists, or has the ability to scry inside our base. We should set about getting this place properly warded- make it hard for anyone outside to gain intel, or any would-be spy to pass information out.

While we're consulting with Styx about magical security, we should also ask about the unusual overlord beam from the last combat.

>quarter million G to make Abel simply explode
Interesting. So an economic victory is possible.
>>
No. 473811 ID: d7965f

>>473808

You got me laughing so hard it genuinely hurts to breathe.

Thank you.
>>
No. 473815 ID: e3f578

>>473802
How about killing his mother/creator in the past then?
>>
No. 473817 ID: e3f578

>>473815
But keep the timeline stable as if he was here until the moment he walked through these doors. As far as the world is concerned, the abel they followed was always an illsuion meant to dissipate in the castle.
>>
No. 473818 ID: e3f578

>>473808
Okay, yet again I have another thing to post. IF he knows everything inside this castle, then that means he's going to kill Mimi eventually. How much to wish Abel and his faction won't ever think about killing her or want to, in fact, they all love Mimi very much and want her to stay in this castle alive and well and would commit suicide the minute anyone of their faction harms her, including Abel.
>>
No. 473826 ID: 41a1a3

>>473815
>>473817
Do you mean Emilia?
>>
No. 473827 ID: 6a5a08

>>473805
This.

>>473818
I doubt that's within realistic price range, but our concern for her might win some loyalty anyways.
>>
No. 473849 ID: 1e9d01

>>473802
Ask her if Abel has a weakness to Dark Mana. He was uncomfortable here. Maybe we can use that against him?

Wait, no. Let's not talk about possible methods of killing him until we get the castle secure. Personally I'd like to note that our prime suspects for spies are our Enslaved Hero units. So, Ruby and Alice. Oh. We could just ask Mimi how much it would cost for her to tell us how Abel's been spying on us.
>>
No. 473851 ID: 1e9d01

>>473826
Abel has told us his mother is alive and well. That doesn't mean he doesn't have her locked up or something, though. I wouldn't put it past him to consider her so valuable she has to be kept under lock and key at all times and protected by his strongest guards etc etc.
>>
No. 473855 ID: e3f578

>>473818
Wait, no I mean protect Amelia, not Mimi. I don't even know who the fuck Mimi is. For some reason, I stopped paying attention to names and thought she was Mimi for a second.
Protect the wish-granting mimic!
>>
No. 473856 ID: 1e9d01

>>473855
DERP

Imagine everyone talking about Mimi is talking about the mimic, whose name is actually Alalia.
>>
No. 473877 ID: 08ce67

Does Kass still send back letters to her order, because if she does, that's how Abel knows about our doings. Notice that Abel knows about things that we did some time ago and not more recent trouble.

Either that or we may need to spend money on a wish to know how Abel's been getting knowledge on us.
>>
No. 473922 ID: b46840

our body operates with dark mana crystals, so it's entirely plausible for him to be weak against it, him being our opposite and all.

we should go see how Rachel's doing and also talk to Styx about that magic protection you guys are talking about.
>>
No. 473926 ID: e3f578

You know at this point I think we should just rob a fucking bank. Or, again, set up a revenue system. Tired of fighting to make money, I want the cogs to make money for us. I want us to be a businessman and make some dough en masse. Yeah, we could do that with the cure, but that's lame. Materials, factories, etc. We have the opportunity and the genius Styx to help us with setting these things up. Let's make some fucking dough all ready.
>>
No. 473931 ID: 41a1a3

What if we were to make it so that characters loyal to us respawn in our territory, this includes the demon world.
>>
No. 473933 ID: 70c0f2

>>473931
I'm going to assume that changing the laws of reality by which this setting operates would be rather more prohibitively expensive than wish-assassination.

Although... maybe if we did it via the rulebreaker? So instead of changing the rules, we're breaking them.
>>
No. 473941 ID: 41a1a3

>>473933
You have some good points there but if we do pull off something like that it would mess with Abel so much.
Also I just remembered that Dark Mana Crystals are worth 20000g each, we should get a few.
>>
No. 473942 ID: 1e9d01

>>473877
Oh, good idea. Abel might be intercepting the letters to read them. We should work on a more secure method of sending her letters, like using the portal for it. Or we could just make sure she isn't sending out sensitive information.
>>
No. 473943 ID: 41a1a3

>>473942
I think it's more likely that they're informing Abel he is after all one the greatest Heroes in the human world.
Why wouldn't they be allied to him?
>>
No. 473949 ID: bf54a8

wait... have we been keeping track of leon? the hell has he been up to?
>>
No. 473951 ID: 41a1a3

>>473949
Come to think of it we really haven't been watching him. We still have the Goldeon Watch can we take a look into the past to figure out who it is?
>>
No. 473952 ID: 70c0f2

Let's try and avoid a panicked witch-hunt for spies, shall we? There are other ways to gain intel on what's going on inside our walls, and Abel surely would be happy to sow mistrust in our ranks.
>>
No. 474113 ID: c7dc56

>>473952
Really don't see how anyone was "witch hunting." Let's do a thorough investigation of how Abel is getting his information, both by intentional or unintentional means.
>>
No. 475563 ID: a68e3e
File 135425452685.png - (66.19KB , 480x558 , 1002.png )
475563

>>473949
As far as you know Leon has been staying with Meagan as she works. She said she needed something without an orifice.

"Alalia."

>"Hmm?"

"How much would it cost to find out what Abel is using to look into our castle."

>"It's free since I don't even need a wish to figure that one out. It seems the man has a mimic at his disposal. A scrying spell powerful enough to spy on an alternate plane is pretty damn expensive to maintain but a mimic would be cheap compared to that. Not only that but if he's got her addicted to that mark then him using a wish to see into the castle would be dirt cheap. I could make it so that she can scry in here but then he can just wish that he can. Your best bet in making sure that this place is scry-proof is to kill the mimic or something. On the plus side a mimic in that state isn't gonna be granting any complicated wishes like for you to explode."
>>
No. 475564 ID: 92c81e

>>475563
Huh... didn't think the mark would be that addicting. Oh well. I guess we have two goals at the moment.

1. Fundraising, via sale of the cure, and through classic means.
2. Gaining support, potentially through dispersal of the cure, and perhaps something more specific, depending on where we go, and what people want.
3. Getting rid of the mimic in Abel's control. Either via capture or assassination.
>>
No. 475565 ID: 92c81e

>>475564
Derp, I meant three goals >.<
>>
No. 475569 ID: 70c0f2

...actually, an enemy mimic did occur to me, but I ruled it out because they're a kind of demon. Kind of surprised Abel is willing to use even demonic slave labor.

Killing the mimic has the disadvantage that it lets Abel know we're on to him. Isn't there some way we could feed it misinformation?

Also... Alia's probably at risk now. We just discussed a plan to revive the doctor, and a viable means to actually kill Abel. If his spy is paying attention, she's now got a target on her back. He's likely going to try and have our mimic killed.
>>
No. 475570 ID: e3f578

And we can't wish the mimic dead or to be on our side? Can we wish for Abel to have bad luck for seven years too?
>>
No. 475571 ID: 27cbbb

guysguysguys this is a good thing

see because his men and women follow him because he hates demons and he gives them something to hate

but we just show them he's using a demon

and not even torturing it or anything

he's actually sorta having sex with it

WISH FOR THIS TO BE REVEALED TO HIWS ADORING PUBLIC
>>
No. 475573 ID: bf54a8

>>475571
pffffft
>>
No. 475575 ID: bf54a8

what about wishing the mimic was somewhere else? like a spot where it would be easy to capture. and then alalia can help it kick the habit.
>>
No. 475576 ID: 0466cb

Ask her what's her advice for maintaining our armies mimic-superiority. What are the limits of mimic to mimic wishes? Also: can we spend money to buy money? This way, we could feed our mimic infinite money and make her as upgraded as we want. Even a decreased exchange rate would stretch our "donations".
>>
No. 475586 ID: 0c2247

>>475563
Capture the mimic and hand it over to Styx so we can at least take Abel's control of its addiction away. If we can't find a way to break its addiction then we'll become its supplier, but unlike Abel we WON'T be using that as leverage to take advantage of it.
>>
No. 475588 ID: 81e800

Summon Meagan. Ask them both for their advice on handling this mimic.

Other than that, I don't know, wish the mimic here then kill & enslave it? Wish that it spontaneously appears in the Wild (which is in the human world) with a note saying "Dear [chief lady], please kill this thing dead, Love Overlord." See, 'cause we really don't need a mimic that isn't Alaila and we sure as hell don't need another Abelite hanging around. Plus, it gives us plausible deniability as we could always destroy the note or claim it was forged.
>>
No. 475600 ID: f2c20c

>>475563
How much to make her scries believable but useless? Obfuscate the information.
>>
No. 475618 ID: 62496e

>>475571
Brilliant!
>>
No. 475626 ID: c9ddb4

>>475571

hah

yes
>>
No. 475639 ID: bd8b82

>>475563
I would just make a wish that the mimic's wishes do the opposite of their intended effects.
>>
No. 475658 ID: 92c81e

>>475571
I like this, but I don't think we should be relying on Alalia too much. If we use her to mess with Abel, he's only going to retaliate with the same, and he's much wealthier than we are. Right now, he's only using the scrying, as far as we can tell, because that is fairly cheap. If we start throwing big wishes back and forth, he WILL win that war.

>>475639
I get the feeling that this won't work either. Either there is some rule regarding wishes we don't know about that prevents wishing about mimics. Even if we managed to wish that his mimic did the opposite, he's smart enough to figure it out, and eventually undo it. I think it would require we wished something like "wish Abel's wishes had the unintended effect" I think that is too strong a wish, and is going to be prohibitively expensive.
>>
No. 475659 ID: bf54a8

think just someone getting his mimic away from him would be best.
>>
No. 475686 ID: 629257

>>475659
This. We wish his mimic here and wtf is he gonna do about it?
>>
No. 475696 ID: 70c0f2

Wait wait wait wait.

Guys, we're overlooking something important.

Why would Abel reveal that he has a way of spying on us, to us?

It could have just been careless arrogance... but that whole confrontation seemed carefully calculated to try and goad us into attacking him. I'd say the most likely reason he'd so easily drop the clue that he had a mimic that needs dealing with... is because it's a trap. He wants us to come after it.
>>
No. 475717 ID: d90199

>>475696
Abel's line of questioning revealed that not every one of our servants is enslaved.

He did it to likely make us suspicious of our own allies.
>>
No. 475718 ID: e3f578

You know what, screw this thinking.
Wish for the best idea on how to handle this situation, best for you and your faction, in terms of your goals to rule the world effectively, and to quickly take away Abel's advantage over you. This is, of course, when you make cash. Maybe you can wish for a way to make real quick cash for cheap?
>>
No. 475732 ID: 2f4b71

How about wishing the other mimic to have immunity to Abel's mark?
>>
No. 475739 ID: 6a5a08

>>475732
Or removing whatever curse placed those marks on Mimics. It's doubtful a wish could do that, but it's something to look into. And it'd likely get us the gratitude of their race.
>>
No. 475781 ID: 92c81e

>>475718
Why not wish all our problems away? No, lets stop trying to find a wish solution to all of this, I think it's a really bad idea.

>>475739
If I remember right, the mark on their stomach has to do with their bindings. I don't think removing them is the right move either.
>>
No. 475799 ID: 406926

>>475563
...can we just wish to teleport his mimic to our castle? That seems practical.
>>
No. 475802 ID: 6a5a08

Okay, one thing: don't mention aloud any plans Abel could use against us until we enact them. Such as teleporting the mimic.

Because then he'd do it first, being the colossal dick he is.
>>
No. 475814 ID: 8247d0

Let's make the castle scry proof. That way, we won't have to worry about other mimics or some other form of spying. ...Unless Able decides to use actual spies. But let's worry about that later.
>>
No. 475818 ID: bf54a8

>>475814
>proof against wishes
really?
>>
No. 475819 ID: 70c0f2

Consideration: plans that make the mimic useless to Abel (like wishing the castle scryproof, etc) will result in Abel killing it for his garden.
>>
No. 475823 ID: beeca1

>>475819
Also, Abel has more resources than us. He can just out-wish us.
>>
No. 475838 ID: 27cbbb

>no wish war!

>On the plus side a mimic in that state isn't gonna be granting any complicated wishes like for you to explode

So yeah!
>>
No. 475851 ID: beeca1

"Kill Overlord's mimic" isn't exactly complicated.
>>
No. 475860 ID: 92c81e

>>475851
I think it's more difficult due to the distance, and a higher cost of killing vs just scrying.
>>
No. 475864 ID: 81e800

>>475819
Consideration: Fuck Abel's mimic.
>>
No. 476190 ID: a68e3e
File 135450257336.png - (68.67KB , 800x600 , 1003.png )
476190

A wish war would be far too costly as you only have G1,200. Unless you're mistake simply wishing someone to go from one plane to another against their will costs far more than that.

Right now.. You need to make money.
You will destroy Abel with finance.
Capitalism, ho.

Ah, speak of the devil...
Alice, Ken, Lun, Shana, Rose, Ruby, and Lenion return from their training bringing in a total of G1,400!
It seems all of them have become a bit more powerful.
Oh hey. Rose is at the level to change her class. She can change into a Time Mage, Space Mage, Fire Magus, or continue down her path as a normal Fire Mage.
>>
No. 476192 ID: e3f578

>>476190
She got a preference?
Because honestly, I don't know what a Fire Magus is compared to a mage, the other two schools sound pretty awesome. I mean, hell, this choice is haaaaard.
If she has no preference, I'd say Space Mage. We know far too much about Time for it to be really fun, and seems like the too obvious choice.
>>
No. 476193 ID: f2c20c

Yeah let's make the usual thing to ask if they have a preference.

>>476192
FYI "Magus" classes focus on full-field damage. As in, your spells hit all enemies. Shana is a Shadow Magus. Personally I think having Ruby go Magus would be a bit redundant.

Time Mage is interesting, and so is Space Mage...
>>
No. 476194 ID: ec6d4c

Does she have a preference?

Checked the dis thread, and apparently space mage gets gravity and non-elemental damage spells.

What's the difference between a fire mage and magus?

Right now, I'm thinking I'd prefer to leave her as a fire mage.
>>
No. 476196 ID: 6a5a08

>>476192
Magus are like Illusionists from FFTactics, they target all enemies but do less damage.

Ask what each one does and if she has a preference. Fire Mage or maybe Space Mage seem good if not. We already have a Shadow Magus.
>>
No. 476207 ID: b26c93

Space Mage
>>
No. 476212 ID: c891a7

>>476190
Silly OP that's Ruby.

As for class choice I'm fine with either space mage or fire mage
>>
No. 476224 ID: 92c81e

>>476190
We were already told what each one does. Time mage is all about status effects, like Old, haste, and stuff like that. Space Mage is another damage dealer, but it's non-elemental damage. Magus, means they have attacks that hurt the entire field. And continuing fire mage is just stronger fire spells, and stuff like that.

I say continue on the path of Fire Mage. Ruby, you wanted to master the arcane arts. You aren't done with fire yet! I don't want you to even think about other magic till you've finished every fire spell ever.
>>
No. 476225 ID: 8e0f9d

>>476224

true that. maybe we ought to remind her of this, and advise her to remain a fire mage, but tell her that it's her own choice.

though I really want time mages now because haste is awesome.
>>
No. 476227 ID: 886a4d

>>476224
I agree, she has admitted the desire to master, not just dabble every magickal domain.
>>
No. 476230 ID: f2c20c

>>476225
We've seen how Haste works in these mechanics. It's a movement speed boost. No double turns unfortunately! I'm not sure time magic is actually that good in this world.
>>
No. 476231 ID: 8e0f9d

>>476230

yeah ok quick then.
>>
No. 476241 ID: 6de77b

Perhaps we should ask her what she wants to do.
>>
No. 476253 ID: 038adc

>>476225
this
>>
No. 476282 ID: a68e3e
File 135455659392.png - (60.91KB , 434x600 , 1004.png )
476282

"Well Ruby, what type of magic would you like to learn?"

>Ruby: "Honestly? Both Space and Fire magic seem to be good. But if I become a Space Mage I'll go back to level 1 and honestly I never thought I'd even make it to 10.. I'll stay a Fire Mage."

And with that Ruby becomes a level 10 Fire Mage.
>>
No. 476287 ID: ec6d4c

>>476282
*Insert level up noise here*

'Grats.
>>
No. 476288 ID: 6a5a08

Fiery high-five for effect.

Then let's see Styx and the Church about distributing The Cure.
>>
No. 476289 ID: fb9917

It occurs to me we could probably use a Dividing Pyramid to split the Fruit of Ruin and Wisdom into a Fruit of Ruin and a Fruit of Wisdom.
Would be expensive, though. Not sure what we would do with a Fruit of Ruin, alchemy maybe.
>>
No. 476291 ID: ec6d4c

>>476288
If we're going to check in with Styx, let's remember to ask her about that odd feeling and unusually powerful overlord beam we fired off, before we forget.
>>
No. 476292 ID: 4c0e5c

>>476288

and maybe ask Styx for advice about this new scrying troubles, and also about upgrades for the castle.
>>
No. 476297 ID: c891a7

You know what guys? I just realized that one of the worst things we could do to Abel is to TROLL THE FUCK OUT OF HIM but I highly doubt we could pull it off.
Abel is clearly a rules lawyer by nature so he'll always try to use the "rules" to control the situation, but trolls exist just to fuck with people just for the sake of fucking with them and fuck with them by using their own thinking against them.
Now what I would do for the first act of trolling is to meet with the healers order to talk about the cure, but keep in mind that we should focus on trying to get money to repay the Doctor with immediately saying he is dead.
Then they will start to ask questions about the Doctor, this is when we tell them that we are trying to get money to resurrect the Doctor, but we do not mention that Abel killed the Doctor instead we tell them he died in an accident or something.
They will then, being the heroes that they are, willingly help us resurrect the Doctor. This is when the Doctor will most likely tell they the Healer Order that Abel killed him.
Finally they will question us as to what he's talking about and we respond by pretending to defend him (while we're really just insulting him and making him look like an asshole), presenting ridiculous troll arguments, and finishing with "That there is no way Abel would kill the Doctor the because he was working with me and finished the cure thus no longer useful to him."

But this is just my two cents
>>
No. 476312 ID: f2c20c

>>476291
Yeah, I agree.

Oh, and we definitely need to see about distributing/selling the Cure. Gotta make that dosh to resurrect the Doctor.
>>
No. 476364 ID: 555caa

I'm voting for the firey High-five.
>>
No. 476391 ID: 81e800

Fire high-five, then off to Cassandra's Order. We can deal with the information leak when we get back.
>>
No. 476639 ID: f74554

Also supporting the fiery-high-five, "Keep up the good work, Hot Stuff."
>>
No. 477582 ID: a68e3e
File 135512882250.png - (50.82KB , 411x537 , 1005.png )
477582

After giving Ruby a high five you go check in with Styx to see if you can get those cures ready to be sold.

>"Actually my Lord I had already contacted the Church earlier and here is their reply: 'We are very excited to hear that there is a cure already available but at the moment we are dealing with several situations in the land of Aldvale. Someone has unleashed a rather dreadful army on the land and we are spending a lot of our resources healing/reviving the fallen natives. If you are able to assist us it would be most appreciated and would hopefully speed along our own attempts at stabilizing the nation. Thank you.'"
>>
No. 477583 ID: bf54a8

sounds like it needs a strong leader to set things straight, let's go.
>>
No. 477584 ID: 27cbbb

>>477582
AUTOBOTS OVERLORD ARMY, ROLL OUT
>>
No. 477587 ID: f2c20c

Before we go, ask Styx about that odd feeling we got when we used Overlord Beam.
>>
No. 477602 ID: f74554

>>477582
Hmm Aldvale is right next to The Wild, we should get Chieftain What's-her-name and her warriors to assist us with the 'dreadful army' .
>>
No. 477614 ID: 77f3f5

>>477582
This may be only unjustified paranoia but why would the church ask for our help from us? The church with obvious ties to Abel, asks us to help with the plague, just after Abel killed the doctor. I get the feeling that this is a distraction so Abel can get his hands on our cure.

>>477602
Hmm, maybe the chieftainess can help us by sending scouts to survey the situation.
>>
No. 477616 ID: 629257

Hmm should we grab a few extra units of catgirls and gunmen to help out? We could have Lilith control them for this battle alone, to protect people and cover our flank. No putting them on point here. And we send them back afterwards of course.
>>
No. 477634 ID: ec6d4c

>Before we go, ask Styx about that odd feeling we got when we used Overlord Beam.
An unusually powerful overlord beam, at that! Also, we might want to discuss possible counterintelligence options until we get a chance to do something about Abel's mimic.

Then we can come to the church's rescue.
>>
No. 477677 ID: 0afe96

yeah okay but there is more we wanted to ask Styx
>>
No. 477684 ID: 6a5a08

Ask about the Overlord Beam, then let's go. No point in discussing counterintelligence methods when they will be seen and countered right back. The best way to make sure Abel can't do shit about us is to become so powerful he can't do shit about us.
>>
No. 478630 ID: a68e3e
File 135547334728.png - (157.85KB , 800x419 , 1006.png )
478630

"I know what I'll be doing next then. Oh, before I go.."

You ask Styx about your unusually powerful Overlord Beam and the odd feeling. She thinks for a moment and examines your eyes.

>"This isn't good.. You seem to have cracked your new eye... That shouldn't even be possible... Did the Rule Breaker do something? It seems to be fine for now. Just try to avoid using the Beam for a while and check back when your mission is over."

"I shall."

And with that you leave.
Arriving in Aldvale you are greeted by a familiar face.
Makie approaches you and gives a small bow.

>"Overlord. I was hoping you'd come. This land has been attacked by some sort of machine army. They're quite powerful and it's taking all of our rescources to simply hold them back. If you could take out some of them or maybe even a boss that would be a great help."

"Any information you can give me on them?"

>"Just that they are quite weak to fire spells. Also it seems you have quite a few units under your command? If you want you can send out Squads of 4 or less units to deal with some of the enemies here. So long as the total level of the units you send in is greater than the total level of the enemy units your squad should win the battle. Even if they lose they'll retreat before dying. They'll even keep XP and Items when they win a battle."
>>
No. 478631 ID: 27cbbb

>Weak to fire

HEY RUBY WANNA FIGHT A BOSS
>>
No. 478632 ID: bf54a8

yes, we should tie up a boss while the rest spilt off to take care of the mooks.
>>
No. 478633 ID: e3f578

>>478630
Will battling the smaller battles affect the boss battles at all?
>eye is shattered
Hmm, theory, your new eye made you insanely chaotic and the dividing pyramid keeps you in control. This could be related to what Megans Mom said about how being a chaos golem is contradictory, we're at our full chaotic potential and we're bottling it up with being in control and so orderly all the time. You went evil and chaotic as part of a survival mechanism most likely. To survive in this form, we might have to partake in chaotic release every now and then. That is if the Rule Breaker did nothing.
Might also explain why Abel is such an asshole too, order might not blend in with being a golem either, or at least a golem with free will like he is. Each action is a choice, and with choice, freedom, and freedom has inherently chaotic potential. Which requires a survival mechanism of committing extreme acts of one's own element.
>>
No. 478634 ID: fd4600

well, she basically just told us what to do. let's go.
>>
No. 478637 ID: a68e3e

>>478634
>>478632
>>478631
Gotta be a bit more specific on who fights what and goes where.
>>
No. 478639 ID: 886a4d

Alright. this will take two battles each at the very least since we do want to face both bosses. Tried to give a buffer of at least a couple levels to each group.

Boss 1: Kass, Ruby, Rose, Overlord
level 40: Alice, Rachel, Golem, Nix
level 34: Nin, Emily, Lenion, Fluffy
level 33: Silva, Butler, Lilith

Lets see if we still have access to Tikka's units otherwise don't deploy these three We can use them next round.

level 27: Shana, Lun, Meagan, Nekomata
>>
No. 478640 ID: f2c20c

>>478630
Cool.

Alright, let's send out Lilith, Butler, and two units of her stolen army to fight that 39.

Send Meagan, Nix, Lenion, and Nin against that 33.

I think we should personally command the fight against that level 40 group. Let's put in Shana, Silva, Kassandra and Lun. Since these are machines we can't really enslave them, and we can just instruct Lenion to capture one if she's able to in her battle.
>>
No. 478641 ID: f2c20c

I would like to warn against pulling out all of our units for this. We have to leave people in the castle to defend it.
>>
No. 478667 ID: c891a7

I would like remind all of you that still have those two gunners.
>>
No. 478751 ID: 6a5a08

>>478667
We returned them. We only have Ken.

Reserved For Guarding Castle: Shana, Meagan, Styx, Emily, Nix, Rachel, Nin, and Monster Units
Boss1: Overlord, Ruby, Rose w/Revival Ring, Kass
27: Solaris, Lun, Lenion, and Leonslime
39: Lilith, Silva, Butler
40: Alice, Ken, Fluffy, Golem
>>
No. 479086 ID: a68e3e
File 135564209291.png - (176.10KB , 852x420 , 1007.png )
479086

You send in the following units.
level 40: Alice, Rachel, Golem, Nix
level 34: Nin, Emily, Lenion, Fluffy
level 33: Meagan, Butler, Lilith.
level 27: Solaris, Lun, Lenion, and Leonslime

You decide to stay out of the fight personally but you might send in Shana, Silva, Kassandra and Ruby to take on a boss.
------------------------------------------------
Battle Start
Placement phase.
Unit Limit:4
------------------------------------------------
>>
No. 479089 ID: f2c20c

>>479086
Kassandra can go in the bottom-right. Silva should go in the front-middle, her dolls next to her. Ruby can be right behind her, and Shana in the very leftmost square.
>>
No. 479099 ID: 35dd62

>>479089

this works. except if Silva still requires two unit slots, in which case we should lose Shana.
>>
No. 479104 ID: ec6d4c

>>479089
So... Silva gets to split in two, and pull a doll in? Sweet, 3 units for the price of one. That makes a nice shield for the mages to hide behind, maintain with healing, and lob death over.
>>
No. 479109 ID: 92c81e

>>479086
Oh boy, with this team, our best bet is having Silva body block the enemies as best as she can, and perhaps not exploding the puppet (immediately?)

Ruby and Shana are the damage dealers, Shana needs to be doubly careful, because the enemies are machines, I wouldn't be surprised if they were immune to fear, which would normally be Shana's main defense.
>>
No. 479111 ID: a68e3e
File 135565095870.png - (203.12KB , 852x420 , 1008.png )
479111

Units are placed.
Your move.
>>
No. 479113 ID: bf54a8

dolls, charge in so you are between two enemy units. then attack the ones on the outsides, then silva make the explode.

everyone else attack if they are still moving.
>>
No. 479114 ID: f2c20c

>>479111
Well let's see if they can be hit by fear. Shana, cast Ancient Fear.

Ruby, doublecast Fire on the leftmost machine. Let's conserve MP a bit for this fight.

Kassandra, cast +Defense on Ruby and Silva.

Silva, split and... move your upper half to investigate that green thing.
>>
No. 479115 ID: a68e3e
File 135565182817.png - (19.83KB , 205x173 , notes.png )
479115

A few terrain notes. Water can not be crossed by a unit that does not have Levitation or Flying.
The green bulb can be hit multiple times without breaking.
Overlord still has the Long Throw Glove. Using it takes the Item and Action phase.
>>
No. 479116 ID: c1c7b7