[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 605439)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141694090421.jpg - (83.33KB , 640x800 , Boreeeed.jpg )
605439 No. 605439 ID: ef0ae0

"Be an adventurer" they said
"You'll see the world" they said
"You'll find treasures and adventures everywhere you go" they said

Bullcrap.
You haven't managed to find any single job since you left your swamp village 3 weeks ago.
Your pouch is getting lighter and you are still stuck in this dumb boring tavern.

Urgh.. what to do
Expand all images
>>
No. 605440 ID: 74b1ed

You are right, being a hero is impossible.
Become a bandit.
Fill your purse with other people's money.
>>
No. 605441 ID: defceb

>>605440
We would need a mask first. And a weapon. Do we have a weapon?
>>
No. 605443 ID: c554f6

Is that fucking hypnotoad!
>>
No. 605447 ID: ef0ae0
File 141694518249.jpg - (73.84KB , 600x640 , Bonk.jpg )
605447

>Is that fucking hypnotoad!
The name is Flycatcher Vattelappeska, from the swamps of Nomore east

>Become a bandit.
Meh, at this point that might be an option. Not the most Heroic one, but you need to eat somehow, no?

>We would need a mask first. And a weapon. Do we have a weapon?
I don't see why you'd need a mask, considering you might be the only Ranidae in this place and people wouldn't surely get you confused with someone else.
You do have a weapon though. A rather sturdy mace that you scavenged from the scrap piles in the swamp. Old Bonk served you well all this time. You also have a dagger somewhere in your backpack and a sturdy round wooden shield with you.
>>
No. 605450 ID: 07a835

Another alternative is to try some manual labor jobs, or as a caravan guard.
>>
No. 605452 ID: 74b1ed

Well then it sounds like you have all the banditing gear you are going to need. I mean unless you've got a better idea. You could always wear a tophat and dance to showtunes I suppose.
>>
No. 605454 ID: ef0ae0
File 141694853223.jpg - (59.32KB , 525x640 , Swabluff.jpg )
605454

>Another alternative is to try some manual labor jobs, or as a caravan guard.
You already tried to do that, all you managed to find was cutting wood for the tavern in exchange of a place to sleep.

>Well then it sounds like you have all the banditing gear you are going to need.
That's true. Only thing you really need is to find a place where you can stalk preys and someone to sell all the stuffs you are going to steal

>You could always wear a tophat and dance to showtunes I suppose.
Or you could do that! You were quite good at that during the ancient traditional rituals of the Greeting of sweet syrup and newborns in the swamps.
You are so caught in your thoughts that you don't notice someone approaching your table until he slams his flipper on the surface while greeting you

S: "HELLO THERE, BOY!"

A weird guy is standing in front of you, smiling.
>>
No. 605455 ID: 74b1ed

Ignore the fact that he's a goofy fucking walrus, pray he is wearing pants, and ask what he wants.
>>
No. 605462 ID: c554f6

Is that fucking Jamie Hyneman!
>>
No. 605463 ID: 6265be

>>605454
Ohai Jamie Hyneman.
Whatever he's going to ask you to do, say yes because it probably involves blowing things up.
>>
No. 605466 ID: 07a835

>>605454
Hi.
>>
No. 605473 ID: ef0ae0
File 141695281441.jpg - (89.94KB , 840x467 , ok.jpg )
605473

>Ignore the fact that he's a goofy fucking walrus, pray he is wearing pants, and ask what he wants.
>Hi.

F: "Hello. What do you want"

The walrus doesn't wait for any other invitation and sits his rather large (and clad in pants, praised be the gods) posterior on the stool on the other side of your table.

S: "Greetings green one! The name is Swabluff "youcantrustme" McBluff!

F: "Uh-uh"

S: "Are you an adventurer, by any chance?"

You nod to him

S: "EXCELLENT! I've been looking for someone that could help me with a 'little' thing!"

F: "What 'little' thing?"

S: "I think i found an entrance to a underground dungeon not far from the village, and i need someone that could help me explore and map it. You can keep whatever you can find in there for you. Interested?"

>Whatever he's going to ask you to do, say yes because it probably involves blowing things up.

You agree without thinking twice.

Swabluff smiles and tells you to meet him tomorrow morning outside the village, he leaves the tavern in a huff, leaving you to finish your dinner.

As you go to sleep you praise the stars that you are about to do something adventurous finally.
>>
No. 605477 ID: d90668

Wait what does he get out of the deal if you can keep whatever you find? Make sure to find out more when you meet him next.

Due to the lack of details and the fact his name is slightly shady make sure to keep a eye out for anything suspicious when you head out tomorrow.
>>
No. 605478 ID: c554f6

THERES SOME BAD TOUCH GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND!
>>
No. 605487 ID: ef0ae0
File 141695502212.jpg - (73.00KB , 600x625 , touchmybutt.jpg )
605487

>Due to the lack of details and the fact his name is slightly shady make sure to keep a eye out for anything suspicious when you head out tomorrow.

He calls himself "youcantrustme". In your homeland you earn nicknames like that. You are relatively sure there is nothing to worry.

>Wait what does he get out of the deal if you can keep whatever you find? Make sure to find out more when you meet him next.

You do realize that's actually strange. You should investigate on that as soon as possible.

You meet Swabluff right after dawn, in the outskirts of the village. He greets you and starts marching. You struts behind him as you start asking what does he get out of all of this.

He chuckles

S: "Heh, you got me. I did say you can keep whatever you find in the dungeon, but if you want to sell anything, there is only one person in the entire reign that deals in that kind of items. Me. HAHAHAH! So i will get my share out of this expedition as well."

Well, that clears that aspect at least.

You inquire more about your purpose in this expedition.

S: "See, i create and collect different maps of ruins and dungeons that can be found through the world, and then i sell those to kingdoms or adventurers. The echosystem of those places is weird, a lot of monsters tend to make their lair in those places, leaving all sort of stuffs in there, and it repopulates everytime it gets cleared. I just need to check what kind of place this dungeon is. That's why i need you. Protection."

Alright. Makes sense.

You and Swabluff march through the forest. He tells you'll reach the entrance in an hour or two.

The forest is calm and humid.
>>
No. 605490 ID: 74b1ed

Well I guess this is as good a time as any for you to tell us about your froggy ass.
Maybe prod your tusked "friend" for a bit more info too while you're at it, be it about him or wherever it is you are exactly.
Sounds like it's going to be a long walk and talking is something to do at least.
>>
No. 605491 ID: 07a835

>>605487
Strike up some conversation. How dangerous is this work? How long has he been doing this?
>>
No. 605492 ID: 6265be

>>605487
That's innocuous enough.
So tell us about yourself Flycatcher. What makes you sdeserving of our wonderful company?
>>
No. 605553 ID: 1730ba

Why did you leave your home to come out here?
>>
No. 605797 ID: 6dbc57
File 141702847496.jpg - (87.81KB , 800x800 , 1.jpg )
605797

>Well I guess this is as good a time as any for you to tell us about your froggy ass.

>So tell us about yourself Flycatcher. What makes you deserving of our wonderful company?

>Why did you leave your home to come out here?

Well, you have lived your entire life in the Ranidae village in the swamps, in the east side of this kingdom.
You earned your name after a successful hunt on monstrous bloodflies, and were one of the best hunters in your village.
Life has always been rather simple, and boring. Wake up, hunt for food, scavenge for parts to fix your huts, hunt again and sleep. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

And then… A couple of strange creatures arrived at your village and started telling you fantastic stories about their journeys and adventures. Dragons and

Since then you have found yourself lost in the thoughts that maybe there is something else to do outside the swamp. That maybe there are more tales and stories to see and tell and that maybe you can even make your own tale.
The tale of the first Ranidae adventurer ever existed.

That’s why you collected all the good stuffs you found through the various trash piles and set off into the world.

Two weeks later you ended up sitting in that tavern for most of your days, wondering if you made the wrong choice in life.

Hopefully this expedition will be a good start to a promising career.
>>
No. 605799 ID: 6dbc57
File 141702850863.jpg - (67.50KB , 660x600 , 2.jpg )
605799

> Maybe prod your tusked "friend" for a bit more info too while you're at it, be it about him or wherever it is you are exactly.

> Strike up some conversation. How dangerous is this work? How long has he been doing this?

You ask Swabluff about his job and how dangerous it is

S: “Oh, I’ve been exploring dungeons since I was a young man, I think next year will be 35 years that I do this job. My family has been in this business since forever. The great Swabluff family, the cartographers!. I imagine you have heard of us, no?”

You answer that you have never heard of them.

Swabluff grunts

S: “Yeah, well I should have imagined. Of course. Adventurers become famous because they defeat monsters and evil wizards. But of course no one will ever think that they’ll never be able to do that if they had no one to tell them where to go, tch! You break your spine for years and all you get is a ‘Oh your map didn’t show this little smudge on the north wall. We had to fix it, bleh bleh…”

You stop him saying that in the swamp no one really knows what happen in the world aside for what you can get from scraps and bits from the trash piles

Swabluff stops and coughs embarrassed

S: “Right! Yes! Sorry! That too. Anyway. The job isn’t really a picnic. I lost a eye and a leg during one of my expeditions. Luckily they grew back when I was turned into a walrus. Ah yes, those were weird times. I still remember when me and my older brother found this really old dwarven sex dungeon. Trust me, you can’t imagine the weird kinks those guys can be into.”

You quickly answer that you prefer not to think about it.
Ever.

S: “OH! I almost forgot!”

He pulls out a small grey sack and hands it to you

S: “You are probably going to need these”
>>
No. 605804 ID: dccc95

Open sack; Hug sack
>>
No. 605805 ID: 07a835

>>605799
What is it?
>>
No. 605807 ID: 4a9765
File 141703114452.jpg - (78.64KB , 720x525 , 3.jpg )
605807

>Open sack,Hug sack

>What is it?

You open the sack, it seems it contains an assortment of various objects.


S: "This is more or less what dungeoneer needs for their explorations. The shell is from a mind-link crab and allows to speak and receive messages from shells of the same family in a certain range. Really useful if you lose contact or you get separated with your group. The glass sphere contains a small fire elemental. Torches are a bother to keep and they are also dangerous in case of gas leaks. Just shake the sphere and the little fella will get agitated enough to light any room like it's daytime. Pen and Paper are a must for us, since we need to map our way through places that has never been visited. And last but not least, two potions, in case you get hurt. Don't use them unless it's strictly necessary. Those cost"

It's probably not a good idea to hug the sack, since you could break the sphere and release the elemental.

You thank Swabluff for the sack and tell him you don't really have ways to pay the items back.

He waves at you

S: "Don't sweat it, boy. Consider those your payment for protecting me, alongside whatever you want to keep from the expedition"

You continue your march to reach the dungeon entrance.
>>
No. 605811 ID: dccc95

Does he have any idea about the local dungeon fauna?
What'll he do if you die while he's in too deep. These monsters do respawn.
>>
No. 605812 ID: 4a9765
File 141703158001.jpg - (109.64KB , 800x755 , 4.jpg )
605812

You reach the bottom of a small hill.

S: "There we are! This is the entrance i was talking you about."

You don't really feel impressed by it. It looks like a simple round stone door jammed on the hill

S: "What's wrong?"

You tell him that you were kinda expecting something a bit more... imposing.

Swabluffs laughs

S: "Don't judge the place by the entrance, boy. It's what lies behind it that it's important"

You nod. He's probably right.

The hill is covered in trees and musk. Light barely filters through the trees. The door looks ancient, even if a bit plain.
>>
No. 605830 ID: fe4bfc

Ok get into adventuring mode. Start by carefully observing everything.

Is anything out of place?

Is that rock above and to the right of the door anything special?

How about the area in front of the door? Anything that could be a trigger for a trap?

Not all dungeons are trap filled mazes but you always need to keep your eyes open for danger.
>>
No. 605832 ID: 6cb462

Go on in, watch out for evil hobbits
>>
No. 605841 ID: e21a2c

>>605812
No point in waiting around now is there? See your new friend off and head inside!

Also, try and smile sometimes. Unless that's physically impossible for your species, in which case that sucks.
>>
No. 606006 ID: 76a361
File 141709371593.jpg - (68.37KB , 700x600 , Stonedoor.jpg )
606006

>Ok get into adventuring mode. Start by carefully observing everything.
>Is anything out of place?

This is litterally the first time you have seen a dungeon entrance, you don't really have an idea on how they should look, so you can't really decide if there is something weird.
The place seems normal though, a calm place in the middle of the forest. The bird are still singing, so there should not be anything dangerous around.

>Is that rock above and to the right of the door anything special?

That's a good point. It doesn't look like a natural conformation, you can't really distinguish clearly from your position though.

>How about the area in front of the door? Anything that could be a trigger for a trap?

Well, you don't really know what a trigger could look like. The door looks like a large round slab of rock, with a small stone circle in the middle of it. The rest of the place looks natural, or at least it doesn’t look like it was crafted.

>No point in waiting around now is there? See your new friend off and head inside!
>Go on in, watch out for evil hobbits

You strut toward the door, but Swabluff stops you immediately

S: “Hold on! Don’t be so eager. Let me check the door first. It might be trapped.”
>>
No. 606007 ID: 76a361
File 141709376084.jpg - (81.99KB , 797x600 , 0yoh.jpg )
606007

You decide to ask him a couple more question while he starts taking stuffs out of his backpack

>Does he have any idea about the local dungeon fauna?

S: “Well, dungeon fauna varies from place to place. Considering our position, the place might just contain either burrowing animals or intelligent plants. The door doesn’t show signs of having been used for a long time, and I haven’t seen any other entrance nearby, which means this dungeon hasn’t been opened in a really long time. No intelligent creatures like goblins or orcs or humans should be in there. And i don’t smell any hint of lavender, so there should not be undead inside. Trust me on this. hahah”

>What'll he do if you die while he's in too deep. These monsters do respawn.

Swabluff laughs

S: “Monster don’t “respawn”, boy. Empty dungeons tend to get repopulated after a while, it’s like a natural process. And well… in case you end up dead, I’ll just have to leg it back to the entrance and flee.”

He pats you on the shoulder and continues

S: “Let’s not think about getting killed, shall we? There is no shame in running away and save your life, boy. And as long as we co-operate everything should be fine. Don’t worry”

He gives you a reassuring smile.
>>
No. 606008 ID: 76a361
File 141709379724.jpg - (81.29KB , 800x596 , 0oh.jpg )
606008

>Also, try and smile sometimes.

You smile back to Swabluff to show that you have understood

S: “…”

S: “…”

S: “…”

S: “Please don’t do that ever again”
>>
No. 606009 ID: 76a361
File 141709384413.jpg - (61.10KB , 600x700 , stonething.jpg )
606009

You look away to break the awkwardness of the moment and tell him you are going to check that weird rock you saw earlier.

He nods and starts to work

You were right about the rock, it’s not natural at all. In fact it looks like it’s a statue of some sort, covered in vegetation.

It seems there might be something on the top of the head, covered by moss.
>>
No. 606012 ID: 3c0e99

>>606009
Scrape away the moss.
>>
No. 606014 ID: 63d6ac

>>606012
Don't forget to tell Swabby down there that you're about to scrape the moss off. Shit could trigger a trap, and he might be ready for it if we tell him.
>>
No. 606027 ID: ec2e47

Remove the moss carefully in case that is some sort of mechanism or button.
>>
No. 606028 ID: 3009b4

That rock looks like Bert. It is the mighty stone form of Bert's ancestors. We are clearly in a muppet dungeon.
>>
No. 606053 ID: 085ec4
File 141711912402.jpg - (39.29KB , 360x600 , s01.jpg )
606053

>Scrape away the moss.
>Don't forget to tell Swabby down there that you're about to scrape the moss off. Shit could trigger a trap, and he might be ready for it if we tell him.
>Remove the moss carefully in case that is some sort of mechanism or button.

You shout back to Swabluff that you are going to scrape away the moss from the statue, and that he should move away from the door in case.

He shouts back that he understood.

You start scraping the moss from the top of the statue with your finger.
>>
No. 606054 ID: 085ec4
File 141711922487.jpg - (43.45KB , 363x600 , s02.jpg )
606054

*Whizzzzzz*

what was that sound?

*Slurp*

A vacuum sucks your hand in a hole.
The statue starts vibrating.

This is probably not good.
>>
No. 606055 ID: 085ec4
File 141711932714.jpg - (54.72KB , 700x600 , s03.jpg )
606055

The statue disappears in the ground, pulling you and engulfing you in the soil.

You barely manage to shriek before you completely disappear.
>>
No. 606056 ID: 085ec4
File 141711957282.jpg - (5.40KB , 550x550 , oh boy.jpg )
606056

*thud*

*THUD*

*Splash*

You have fallen somewhere. At least you are not dead.
That's a relief i guess?

You have no idea where you are nor you can see anything.

And you are also wet. But since you are a ranidae, the thing doesn't really bother you.
>>
No. 606060 ID: 9b57d3

>>606056
Shake the sphere, get some light in here. Then use the shell to tell Swabluff what happened.
>>
No. 606081 ID: e855f9

Note to self: next time use a stick or something you don't mind losing to poke and scrape, instead of your hand.

>>606060
Yup.
>>
No. 606099 ID: f461c5

Adventuring lesson #1!
Sticks are your friend!

Adventuring lesson #2!
You are likely to be eaten by a Grue!
>>
No. 606264 ID: 68819e
File 141719707147.jpg - (61.10KB , 680x560 , Bright.jpg )
606264

>Note to self: next time use a stick or something you don't mind losing to poke and scrape, instead of your hand.

>Adventuring lesson #1! Sticks are your friend!

You take a mental note for future approaches.

>Shake the sphere, get some light in here. Then use the shell to tell Swabluff what happened.

You pull yourself out of wherever you are, and as soon as your feet touch the ground you grab the glass sphere and starts shaking it vigorously.

The sphere instantly lights up, almost blinding you. It then starts floating over your hand. You didn't know it could do that, but it's going to be useful if you don't have to use an hand to hold it.

After that you grab the shell and starts yelling Swabluff's name into it

The answer comes immediately.

S: "What happened boy? I heard a scream and when i came to see you disappeared. Are you alright?"

You explain what you did and what happened right after

S: "Why didn't you use a stick, boy? Sticks are the adventurer's best friends"

You grumble something.

S: "Anyway. I think you might have triggered a secret passage. The statue here is gone, so i have no idea how to get in. You need to stay calm and listen to me..."

S: "You are probably inside the dungeon right now. You need to try and get back to the main entrance. I should be able to open the door for you. Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to monsters and other stuffs. Do you understand?"

You nod.

Then you realize he can't see you and tell him that you understand.

S: "May the gods be with you. I'm gonna keep my shell near me. If you need help or anything i can give, call me!"
>>
No. 606265 ID: 68819e
File 141719711412.jpg - (115.40KB , 1024x616 , Room.jpg )
606265

You look around.

This is apparently a round room, the only noticeable parts are a door in front of you and a fountain behind you, where you guess you landed when the statue pulled you down.

The Room is really humid and a lot of moss covers it.

What to do, now?
>>
No. 606272 ID: 9e3684

Ok seeing as it was pitch black in here any animals that set up shop might be of the blind or near so variety. So make sure to keep noise to a minimum.

Check the pool and the stonework around it. Also take a look at the ceiling and see if you can figure out how you got here. Want to know if its just a tunnel or if that statue just phased you through the rock.

Then carefully take a peak through the door.
>>
No. 606277 ID: 9b57d3

>>606265
There's something just past the doorframe. A trap, perhaps? Get a better look at it before sticking anything through.
>>
No. 606278 ID: 44dae8

Peer into the water. Anything hidden down there? Loot maybe, or a hidden switch, or a monster waiting to jump you if you turn your back?
>>
No. 606322 ID: ec2e47

There seems to be a snake or something to the right of the fountain.
>>
No. 606351 ID: 311774

>>606265
Check the fountain first. Might be useful things in there.
Then observe the door more closely from afar. That almost looks like it's transparent... Could be a trap.
>>
No. 606532 ID: 2c9ab5
File 141726815572.jpg - (55.75KB , 700x600 , well.jpg )
606532

>Check the pool and the stonework around it.

>Peer into the water. Anything hidden down there? Loot maybe, or a hidden switch, or a monster waiting to jump you if you turn your back?

>Check the fountain first. Might be useful things in there.

You take a look at the fountain. The water is incredibly clear and still running. You'd imagine it would have stopped working since this place looks desolated and really old.

At the bottom of the fountain the only thing you can see it's the statue, now completely clean and still. There is nothing else in it.
>>
No. 606533 ID: 2c9ab5
File 141726821991.jpg - (53.23KB , 600x600 , roof.jpg )
606533

>Also take a look at the ceiling and see if you can figure out how you got here. Want to know if its just a tunnel or if that statue just phased you through the rock.

You look up and you don't notice any sign of tunnels or passages or doors.

The statue has probably phased you there.
>>
No. 606534 ID: 2c9ab5
File 141726840885.jpg - (63.39KB , 800x507 , snake.jpg )
606534

>There seems to be a snake or something to the right of the fountain.

better check that out immediately. You really don't like snakes.

But there is nothing there. only stonework.

You notice that one of the bricks seems loose.
>>
No. 606537 ID: 2c9ab5
File 141726855932.jpg - (93.93KB , 625x600 , Door.jpg )
606537

>Ok seeing as it was pitch black in here any animals that set up shop might be of the blind or near so variety. So make sure to keep noise to a minimum.

You silently move to the door

>Then carefully take a peak through the door.

>Then observe the door more closely from afar. That almost looks like it's transparent... Could be a trap

The door is indeed transparent. It looks like it's made of some sort of slime. You can easily see something on the other side.

It appears this door leads to a bigger room, and you can see right on the opposite side a door identical to this one, and another fountain too.
>>
No. 606539 ID: 9b57d3

>>606537
Slash marks on the wall... there could be a large predator in here. First, move that loose brick.
>>
No. 606554 ID: 4c5cf2

Man, we don't even have a stick to poke the slime door with.

Check behind the loose brick.
>>
No. 606611 ID: ec2e47

I just hope that is a slime door rather than a huge slime monster filling the entire next chamber.

>>606554
We can always throw the brick at it.
>>
No. 606625 ID: a19cd5

>>606554
>no stick
uh, we do have our mace. We can try poking that at it.
>>
No. 606887 ID: 101f08

OK, use the mace handle to move the brick, then, if no monster is behind that throw the brick at the door
>>
No. 607057 ID: d0ccc7
File 141738249212.jpg - (81.10KB , 800x573 , 1Brick.jpg )
607057

>First, move that loose brick.

>Check behind the loose brick.

>OK, use the mace handle to move the brick

You move the loose brick. There is a secret compartment right behind it apparently. Inside it, a small plant bearing small black fruits and a necklace.
>>
No. 607059 ID: d0ccc7
File 141738262598.jpg - (83.50KB , 505x800 , 2BrickDoor.jpg )
607059

>We can always throw the brick at it.

> ... then, if no monster is behind that throw the brick at the door.

You toss the brick at the slime door. It makes a squishy sounds as it gets engulfed.

*Blorp*

Well it doesn't look like it did m...UH?
>>
No. 607060 ID: d0ccc7
File 141738279648.jpg - (108.83KB , 1024x568 , 3Room.jpg )
607060

*Sproooing* *CRACK*

The brick bounces off the door, flying through the room and smashing against the fountain.

Well, ok. That didn't really go as planned.

>Man, we don't even have a stick to poke the slime door with.

You are starting to wish to have tought about bringing sticks with you earlier.

>uh, we do have our mace. We can try poking that at it.

Considering what happened to the stone brick, you are not really sure what would happend to the mace. Considering is your main weapon, you don't feel like trying losing it.
>>
No. 607067 ID: 06794c

Poke the necklace, do not put it on, could be cursed; Can you identify the berries? Maybe they are poisonous...
>>
No. 607078 ID: 25b17e

>>607060
Provide running commentary to our employer. This is the kind of information he wants to know, I assume. And if Froggy dies, Walrus will still have learned something.
>>
No. 607091 ID: 01745f

First call to ask if he identifies the berries (they may be anywhere from valuable to ready to explode into poison), then about the amulet.
>>
No. 607109 ID: 07a835

>>607060
Maybe you can stick your hand in the statue again to get teleported back to the surface?
>>
No. 607444 ID: 689e4b
File 141745679757.jpg - (55.57KB , 710x800 , 01Water.jpg )
607444

>Maybe you can stick your hand in the statue again to get teleported back to the surface?

Well that's worth a try.

You reach the statue at the bottom of the fountain and put your hand into the hole.

Nothing happens.

It isn't even glowing anymore.

Maybe it broke? Or it only works one way?
>>
No. 607446 ID: 689e4b
File 141745699023.jpg - (56.79KB , 600x600 , 02Berry.jpg )
607446

>Can you identify the berries? Maybe they are poisonous...

>First call to ask if he identifies the berries (they may be anywhere from valuable to ready to explode into poison)

You don't really need to call anyone. You have seen these kinds of berries already. they are rather common in the swamps and you were used to use them during hunts.

Blastberries, quite volatile. They don't really pack much power, but a blast is usually enough to distract a beast or a prey for a bit.

You pick up the three berries and put them in your pack. Those might be useful one day.
>>
No. 607447 ID: 689e4b
File 141745753103.jpg - (50.66KB , 655x520 , 03necklace.jpg )
607447

>Poke the necklace, do not put it on, could be cursed.

>Provide running commentary to our employer. This is the kind of information he wants to know, I assume.

>First call to ask if... then about the amulet.

You prod and poke the necklace, and it doesn't seem to react to anything.

You then grab the shell and contact Swabluff.

The answer comes immediately.

S: "Ehy. How's going down there? Any luck? I still didn't manage to crack this door open."

You tell him about the door and the necklace.

S: "Well... I don't think it's a slime monster. They tend to expand as much as they can and occupy all the space. If this thing is staying in the doorframe is probably a protection or a trap. Have you tried throwing a rock at it"

You tell him that you have thrown a brick at it and it bounced back

S: "Yeah, definitively some kind of protection. Everything else would have just engulfed the thing i imagine. Now, about the necklace. Those type of items, if magical, tend to have a lot of different effects, no one really knows until it's used. If it was hidden it's also probably not cursed. I should know ahahah. Cursed items are usually put in plain sight or on places where you can get them easily."
>>
No. 607451 ID: 72c948

>>607447
put it on, then
>>
No. 607484 ID: 07a835

>>607447
Try on the necklace to see if it does anything obvious. Then go over to the slime door and try pushing against it gently. Maybe it yields to soft pressure?
>>
No. 607550 ID: 2ec61a

throw berry at door, for effect.
>>
No. 607851 ID: dc8e22
File 141755394239.jpg - (48.48KB , 500x600 , 01Necklace.jpg )
607851

>put it on, then.

>Try on the necklace to see if it does anything obvious.

You try on the necklace, but you don't feel different at all.

Not even tingly.
>>
No. 607852 ID: dc8e22
File 141755404738.jpg - (42.54KB , 410x640 , 02Doorfinger.jpg )
607852

>throw berry at door, for effect.

That would be a waste, also probably dangerous if it ricochet back at you. You don't want to lose an eye.

>Then go over to the slime door and try pushing against it gently. Maybe it yields to soft pressure?

You try pushing the door gently with your finger. It passes through like the door is made of pure water. You hold your breath and move slowly through it.
>>
No. 607855 ID: dc8e22
File 141755427895.jpg - (108.19KB , 1000x700 , 03newroom.jpg )
607855

You exit the slime door.

You are now in the bigger room that you were able to partially see through the doorframe.

It's a large rectangular room, with six doors.

The one on your right seem to lead up.

The door right in front of you leads to a room that looks really similar to the one you were just in, but there is no slime door to protect it

Two of the doors on your left are obstructed by dirt and rocks, it looks like the rooms inside collapsed. The other door leads to a corridor.

As you noticed before, there are a lot of scratch marks on the walls.
>>
No. 607857 ID: 2ec61a

try opposite door, check for more loose bricks
>>
No. 607859 ID: 9b35bd

Walk up the stairs. If this was built into a hill it must go downwards, so Swabluff must be upwards.
>>
No. 607863 ID: 992365

>>607855
examine scratches, do they looks recent?, the enter the door in front of you.
Also see if you can re enter the slime door
>>
No. 607878 ID: e6e219

Stand still for a moment and listen before checking anything.

Also make sure to check the ceiling. Do not need something dropping on you because you did not look up.
>>
No. 607882 ID: 687279

There was another fountain in the room across from you. Go check that out.
>>
No. 608252 ID: 0aa30d
File 141763970090.jpg - (56.21KB , 800x535 , 01Roof.jpg )
608252

>Stand still for a moment and listen before checking anything.

You listen for at least half a minute, the only noise you can hear is the faint stream of water coming from the fountain behind you.

>Also make sure to check the ceiling. Do not need something dropping on you because you did not look up.

It seems the ceiling is clear too. There are claw marks over there too, which doesn't really seem reassuring.

What the hell happened in this place.
>>
No. 608260 ID: 0aa30d
File 141763988523.jpg - (44.98KB , 640x432 , 02Clawmarks.jpg )
608260

>examine scratches, do they looks recent?, the enter the door in front of you.

The creature that has done those must have been quite strong, to be able to shred through solid stone.
The scratches are deep, but the presence of moss and plant inside it makes you sure these were really old.

>Also see if you can re enter the slime door

You move back slowly and try to reenter the slime door. You pass through it easily as before. You then go back to the large room.
>>
No. 608266 ID: 0aa30d
File 141764021944.jpg - (134.45KB , 1000x580 , 03Fountainroom2.jpg )
608266

>Walk up the stairs. If this was built into a hill it must go downwards, so Swabluff must be upwards.

That's a good idea, you make a mental note to always try to go up. But you have other plans for the moment.

>There was another fountain in the room across from you. Go check that out.

>then enter the door in front of you.

>try opposite door, check for more loose bricks

You enter the room in front of you, the one containing the other fountain. There is no slime door covering the frame this time.

The fountain and part of the room is covered in vines and moss.

The fountain is litterally clogged by vines that seems to have grown inside the pool and inside the statue.

Amongs the vines you notice the presence of a rusted and busted armor.
>>
No. 608267 ID: fe4bfc

Find something disposable to poke the vines with before you get close. Just in case they are the grabby sort.

If it is clear after that check the armor.
>>
No. 608268 ID: dccc95

Hope there isn't a body accompanying that armor.
>>
No. 608290 ID: ae0abd

>>608266
undead warning!
>>
No. 608548 ID: 75520b

>>608266
If we've determined that the vines are not of the grabby chokey type, we now have a supply of makeshift rope.
>>
No. 608669 ID: be55f8
File 141770691015.jpg - (94.55KB , 600x600 , 01throwthebrick.jpg )
608669

>If we've determined that the vines are not of the grabby chokey type, we now have a supply of makeshift rope.

That's a good idea, you need to check if the vines are secure first.

>undead warning!

>Hope there isn't a body accompanying that armor.

You don't smell any hint of lavander in the air, so you should be free of undead appearing out of nowhere.

>Find something disposable to poke the vines with before you get close. Just in case they are the grabby sort.

That's going to be a problem you don't really have anything disposable at your...Oh, hold on!

You return after a couple minutes in the room and chuck the broken brick from the first room.

It lands with a mushy sound among the vines.
>>
No. 608670 ID: be55f8
File 141770700901.jpg - (119.59KB , 750x630 , 02uhoh.jpg )
608670

>If it is clear after that check the armor.

You wait for a couple second to see if the vines react.

And they do. They start to snap and move, shaking the armor.
>>
No. 608671 ID: be55f8
File 141770717830.jpg - (110.83KB , 560x800 , 03well then.jpg )
608671

The vines move and snap, filling the armor and taking the shape of a badly formed humanoid.

They even grab the broken helmet and put on top of the armor, whil grabbing a broken tip of a spear and wielding against you.

It doesn't make sounds but it doesn't seem to be friendly.
>>
No. 608674 ID: dccc95

Pity maces and bludgeoning and not slashing.

draw it away from its roots and water supply and then pummel it.
>>
No. 608677 ID: bdd703

Given it's a plant I doubt it's very quick.
Just run away.
>>
No. 608678 ID: 6630c0

>>608671
Walk away, keep it in sight. If it advances extremely fast, go two steps to the right.
>>
No. 608683 ID: 4c5cf2

Retreat. The vines are only so long, right? That means the vine monster is on a leash. It probably can't follow you if you back out of the room too much.

...if it cheats and follows anyways, then we'll worry about fighting it.
>>
No. 608685 ID: fe4bfc

It might be stuck in this room. If it is this fight is entirely optional.

Can you see anything in here worth getting in a tussle with the little guy?

With your mace you might be at a big disadvantage. Might want to come back if you find a bladed weapon.
>>
No. 608697 ID: 3db418

>>608671
And you have a bashing weapon...get out for now, The wine shouldn't be able to follow you, hopefully.
>>
No. 608740 ID: 777ba4
File 141772489237.jpg - (70.94KB , 570x645 , 01Back.jpg )
608740

>Can you see anything in here worth getting in a tussle with the little guy?

You have no idea, half of this room is covered in vines. The entire pool is filled with them even. Since you didn't see where it pulled the broken spear tip there might be stuffs hidden under them, but it's just a possibility.

>Pity maces and bludgeoning and not slashing.

>With your mace you might be at a big disadvantage. Might want to come back if you find a bladed weapon.

>And you have a bashing weapon...

You are a disadvantage, right. You do have a dagger, but it's not your best weapon, and you mostly used that to cut food and skin, more than fight with it.

>Given it's a plant I doubt it's very quick.
>Just run away.
>Retreat. The vines are only so long, right? That means the vine monster is on a leash. It probably can't follow you if you back out of the room too much.
>It might be stuck in this room. If it is this fight is entirely optional.
>get out for now, The wine shouldn't be able to follow you, hopefully.

yeah, that might be true. You should be fine. You start backing away slowly from the pool and the vine monster.
>>
No. 608742 ID: 777ba4
File 141772504944.jpg - (64.79KB , 650x600 , 02back.jpg )
608742

*SwissssshCLANG*

The vine-arm moved so quickly that you barely managed to lift your shield. The blade of the spear tip bounces against the boss and scratches the door frame.

You quickly retreat to the center of the bigger room.

Time to see if the theory was correct and the thing is stuck there.
>>
No. 608744 ID: 777ba4
File 141772520314.jpg - (112.47KB , 1400x500 , 03plant.jpg )
608744

The monster rushes through the door and stops as soon as it reaches a point between the two specular doors.

It's now blocking the stairs that should go upstair.

The vines rustle but it seems to not have any wish to move further. At least you hope so


(And with this i'm off to Siena till monday. see you then)
>>
No. 608745 ID: dccc95

Sever its tether and murderize it.
>>
No. 608751 ID: 687279

I'm afraid you're going to have to engage in combat with it. Pull out your dagger, try to get in close while focusing on blocking its attacks, then cut the vine connecting the fake soldier to the main vinebody.
>>
No. 608787 ID: 74b1ed

Go for the vines trailing to the next room. Hitting the "body" will probably just end poorly.
>>
No. 608977 ID: 4c5cf2

We have the option of trying to fight this thing now, or leaving it and checking the door at the other end of the room.

I'm not sure we can crush the vine-tether with a mace, and getting in behind it will be hard with the dagger, considering how fast it moved before.

I'd say try the other room, watching the vine-monster the entire time.

And maybe report in when you get the chance. Your pal might have insight.
>>
No. 610009 ID: 5d4245
File 141805644945.jpg - (45.60KB , 480x620 , 01battle.jpg )
610009

>Sever its tether and murderize it.

>I'm afraid you're going to have to engage in combat with it. Pull out your dagger, try to get in close while focusing on blocking its attacks, then cut the vine connecting the fake soldier to the main vinebody.

>Go for the vines trailing to the next room. Hitting the "body" will probably just end poorly.

(3v1 seems the fight is happening)

You put away the mace and grab your dagger as the vine creature starts charging back its arm.

Well, nothing ventured nothing gained.
>>
No. 610011 ID: 5d4245
File 141805657385.jpg - (46.66KB , 380x640 , 02battle.jpg )
610011

You sprint toward the vines that lead to the next room.

The creatures follow your movements and as soon as you get close it points the spear tip against you and propels the vines.

You were expecting it and you managed again to block the quick but clumsy attack with your shield.
>>
No. 610012 ID: 5d4245
File 141805667561.jpg - (47.29KB , 550x540 , 03battle.jpg )
610012

You then stab your dagger in the tether and pull back.

To your surprise, the vines don't offer any resistance at all. It's like cutting through butter.
>>
No. 610013 ID: 5d4245
File 141805677683.jpg - (82.44KB , 600x600 , 04battle.jpg )
610013

Right after the dagger cuts the last vine, the monsters figure starts to shake.

Vines and armor lose their coherent form and fall to the ground.

The echoing sound of rusted metal hitting the ground is the sound of your victory.

The rest of the tether quickly retracts to the room.

What to do now?
>>
No. 610017 ID: 4c5cf2

Check armor for loot. Is anything in good enough condition to be worth taking?

Not sure we should go back into the room, there are more vines, even if there isn't more armor. They could just try to grapple or strangle you this time.
>>
No. 610020 ID: e6e219

Check that the vines are not up to anything before looting.

Also wait a few seconds to see if the noise attracts anything.

After that search the armor and the vine pile in the other room. But be careful.
>>
No. 610023 ID: 687279

>>610013
With how easy it is to cut the vines, you could probably go into the room and vanquish the monster entirely. First though, report what's happened to Swabluff.
>>
No. 610027 ID: 6630c0

>>610013
Make sure the rest of the vines are not reassembling into a new monster.
>>
No. 610274 ID: e7280f
File 141815521647.jpg - (88.56KB , 760x560 , 01 vines.jpg )
610274

>Check armor for loot. Is anything in good enough condition to be worth taking?

The armor is really busted and ruined. The helm is deformed and the rest is cracked and rusted. It's unusable. You pick up the broken spear tip though. That still has enough hedge to cut in case.

>Not sure we should go back into the room, there are more vines, even if there isn't more armor. They could just try to grapple or strangle you this time.

>Check that the vines are not up to anything before looting.
>After that search the armor and the vine pile in the other room. But be careful.

>With how easy it is to cut the vines, you could probably go into the room and vanquish the monster entirely. First though, report what's happened to Swabluff.

>Make sure the rest of the vines are not reassembling into a new monster.

First thing first, you turn around and check if the vines are still moving. They are. It seems they are trying to create another body.
You quickly jump in the room and start chopping them down with your dagger and spear tip. After few seconds you finally reach what seems to be the roots of the plant, growing from the fountain and cut them all. The remaining vines flop on the ground lifelessly.
>>
No. 610276 ID: e7280f
File 141815555785.jpg - (57.81KB , 600x540 , 02 loot.jpg )
610276

You take a breath and start listening to the now silent dungeon. You stay still for almost an entire minute, but you are positive you didn't hear any kind of sound.

You then start to loot whatever you can find of value.

After few minutes you obtain:

- A makeshift rope long almost ten meters, made with two or three of the most strong vines you could find.

- A bunch of large white pearls that were sitting at the bottom of the fountain (no statue there, unfortunately)

- A bracelet decorated with a blue stone.


You then grab the shell and call Swabluff.
>>
No. 610280 ID: e7280f
File 141815586583.jpg - (78.21KB , 700x600 , 03 door.jpg )
610280

Swabluff answers after a while. Grunting.

S: "What's up?"

You tell him about the creature you fought

S: "Oh! That's interesting. I think that might have been a variant of a Bramble fighter. Those are plants that grow near battlefields and that feed on the corpses of the fallen. Legends says that the spirit of vengeance and hatred of the dead soldiers possess the plants and that allow them to grow out puppet-like soldiers. I have never seen a vine doing that though. Take a sample of it if you can. It might be worth something"

You pick up one of the roots and pack it.

You then ask how is going with the door.

S: "it's... going... But for now you need to get near my position as soon as you can. Did you manage to find a way?"

You tell him that you are still in the same room and haven't explored much yet

"Ok then! Listen, i know it's new and that. But try to call me only if you really need help. I need to focus really badly on this door or else you'll just have to learn how to dig through stone"

He then closes the call.

What to do now?
>>
No. 610287 ID: dccc95

Stairs. up
>>
No. 610291 ID: 687279

>>610280
Yeah let's try to get to Swabluff now and let him in. Go up the stairs. Also try on the bracelet.
>>
No. 610484 ID: e366f7
File 141824162031.jpg - (61.53KB , 475x615 , 01 bracelet.jpg )
610484

Disclaimer: i'm going to use the thread on questdis http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/87374.html as a character sheet for the character, in case you want to check the equipment or other things.

>Stairs. up

>Yeah let's try to get to Swabluff now and let him in. Go up the stairs. Also try on the bracelet.

You put on the bracelet.

The blue stone shines as soon as you close it and your left arm is immediately engulfed in slime, up to your elbow.

After the initial shock pass, you start examining the slime. It's the same kind of slime that is covering the door in the first room. You are able to close and open your hand with ease and your arm doesn't seem to be blocked in any way. You focus on it for a moment and wonder how you'll be able to remove the slime from your arm, but the slime immediately retracts in the stone. You experiment a little. It seems that you can summon the slime and make it cover your arm whenever you want by just wishing it.

That might be useful for something i guess?

Time to get out of this room though.
>>
No. 610485 ID: e366f7
File 141824170598.jpg - (59.13KB , 805x520 , 02 Stairs.jpg )
610485

You start walking on the stairs, finally going up.

At a certain point the stairs take a u-turn and keep going on.

You don't see anything relevant to your interest or out of place and decide to continue moving.
>>
No. 610486 ID: e366f7
File 141824182304.jpg - (114.85KB , 971x768 , 03 new room.jpg )
610486

You reach a new room.

Similar to the previous one, this one is still covered in moss and old scratch marks but quite smaller.

There are three closed doors. One to your left, one to your right and one in front of you.
>>
No. 610489 ID: 687279

>>610486
Let's try the one in front for now.
>>
No. 610490 ID: 4847dc

>>610486
Be on the look out for hidden floor panels that can trigger traps, then check for loose tiles, It's unlikely there will be something again, but better safe then sorry
>>
No. 610495 ID: dccc95

Still claw marks, eh?
Let's try front as well.
>>
No. 610633 ID: f488ee

>That might be useful for something i guess?
Blocking blows and projectiles. Anything moving fast enough will 'bounce' off the slime, returning the attack to sender.

Although you could still end up hurting your arm doing that. If you have your shield on, can you will the smile out to cover that? Then it would be even better.

>3 doors
Sniff, can you smell fresh air from either direction?
>>
No. 610705 ID: 540224
File 141832306705.jpg - (62.04KB , 550x640 , 01Slimeshield.jpg )
610705

>If you have your shield on, can you will the smile out to cover that? Then it would be even better.

Yes you can! The slime covers the shield perfectly. This is going to be handy.

>Be on the look out for hidden floor panels that can trigger traps, then check for loose tiles, It's unlikely there will be something again, but better safe then sorry

After a quick search of the room the only thing you find is what looks like a pressure plate in front of the right door. You take a mental note to be careful about it.

>Sniff, can you smell fresh air from either direction?

The air in the room smell stale and humid. You can't feel any breeze coming from any of the doors. This place must have been sealed shut for a while now.
>>
No. 610706 ID: 540224
File 141832325820.jpg - (63.18KB , 600x724 , 02 Doors.jpg )
610706

>Let's try the one in front for now.

>Let's try front as well.

You start pulling the heavy stone door. It takes all your strenght to move it, but you manage to pull it open

And when you look inside all you can see it's darkness.

Weird.

It looks like it's solid darkness.
>>
No. 610707 ID: 540224
File 141832327569.jpg - (64.25KB , 600x724 , 03 Doors.jpg )
610707

>>
No. 610708 ID: 540224
File 141832331278.jpg - (67.35KB , 600x724 , 04 Doors.jpg )
610708

>>
No. 610709 ID: 540224
File 141832339564.jpg - (79.13KB , 600x734 , 05 doors.jpg )
610709

???: "FINALLY SOMEONE LEFT ME OUT OF THIS TRAP!"
>>
No. 610711 ID: dccc95

Politely shut door and lock it.
>>
No. 610713 ID: f488ee

>>610711
Yup. That's not the path to the surface!
>>
No. 610715 ID: 85eca4

Um. Get behind the door and slam it closed.
>>
No. 610721 ID: 687279

>>610709
Welp. Get behind the door, push it partway closed so you can easily shut it again. However uh you should probably find out who this is before shutting it, since it seems to be able to talk.
>>
No. 610724 ID: fe4bfc

I think it might be to late to try slamming the door in its face. Not like it had a big lock you could close anyways. You might be better off trying to talk to it instead.

If you are fast enough you can try it but I have a feeling its not this room that's keeping it "trapped" There were no special binding runes on the door or any evidence of magical containment.

So it could be that this whole place is its prison and that is why your partner is still stuck outside. Or it could just be stuck here as a side effect of other magic in here.

So being polite and avoiding angering the monster might be a better plan.
>>
No. 610726 ID: 528d7f

How about a compromise? Say "Oh, excuse me." as you close the door.
>>
No. 610728 ID: ca7978
File 141833087756.jpg - (90.21KB , 600x720 , 01 Doooooors.jpg )
610728

>Politely shut door and lock it.

>Um. Get behind the door and slam it closed.

>Welp. Get behind the door, push it partway closed so you can easily shut it again. However uh you should probably find out who this is before shutting it, since it seems to be able to talk.

>If you are fast enough you can try it but I have a feeling its not this room that's keeping it "trapped" There were no special binding runes on the door or any evidence of magical containment.

>How about a compromise? Say "Oh, excuse me." as you close the door.

You politely excuse your intrusion as you start pushing the door back

???: WHAT?

The creatures starts freaking out and try pushing it open, without any success. It appears the creature is really weak despite its scaring appearance

???: NO COME ON MAN! I'VE BEEN STUCK BEHIND THIS DOOR FOR OVER SIX DECADES!

It tries to hit you with tentacles created with its own mass. But they feel like nothing more than gentle caresses.

???: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 610729 ID: 687279

>>610728
Okay, convince me. Why should I release you? What and who are you anyway?
>>
No. 610732 ID: fe4bfc

Well that was unexpected.

Close the door all but a crack and chat with it I guess. But avoid the tentacles just in case it has some draining ability.

"Nothing personal but if you opened a door and ran into something unknown you would do the same."

"So what's your story and how did you get trapped here?"

Find out as much about this thing as possible. Who knows maybe letting it out might be a good idea. But stay polite and do not blackmail it directly. None of those "I will let you out if you serve me for 100 years" deals. Those always end badly.

Oh and no giving it your name.
>>
No. 610733 ID: ca7978
File 141833190434.jpg - (53.82KB , 600x690 , 02 Doooooors.jpg )
610733

>Okay, convince me. Why should I release you? What and who are you anyway?

>Close the door all but a crack and chat with it I guess. But avoid the tentacles just in case it has some draining ability.

>"Nothing personal but if you opened a door and ran into something unknown you would do the same."

>"So what's your story and how did you get trapped here?"

You decide not to close the door completely and start questioning the creature.

???: PLEASE MAN LET ME FREE

You ask it what the hell it is

???: I... I'M A FRAMELOCK.

You ask again what it is

???: I... I LIVE BY POSSESSING FRAMES. MY SPECIE NEEDS CERTAIN KIND OF SPACES TO LIVE AND WE DO THAT BY CONSUMING THE SPACE BETWEEN FRAMES. I ENTERED THIS DUNGEON THROUGH A SPECIFIC FRAME I FOUND AND I DECIDED TO CHECK THE PLACE, BUT WHEN I POSSESSED THIS ENTRANCE THE DOOR CLOSED ON ITSELF AND I WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH TO OPEN IT.

It pauses a moment to sob

???: I DIDN'T EVEN LIKED THIS PLACE THAT MUCH! IT'S ABANDONED! AND COLD! AND WET!

It pauses again to gulp and to take a good look at you.

???: PLEASE, HELP ME OUT!
>>
No. 610734 ID: fe4bfc

I would check his story with your partner. I know he said to keep conversation to a minimum but he can vouch for this thing and tell you if its dangerous or not.

If it is nasty close the door. If not open it and talk with the thing.

As for escaping you might want to tell it that its still trapped here because you did not come in through a door. Maybe you can make friends with it and help each other out of here.

Just make sure it wont devour you somehow first.
>>
No. 610735 ID: 88960e

Huh. If this thing manipulates frames, I wonder if it will be useful getting the front door unlocked?

But yeah, calling it in seems reasonable.
>>
No. 610739 ID: 01745f

What kinds of things exactly qualify as Frames?
>>
No. 610742 ID: 687279

>>610733
It sounds like you can just bring the guy a box or something and he'll possess the frame to get out. It also sounds like he can't leave this spot. So tell him sure, you'll help him out, just not right away. I don't think we need to talk to Swabluff about this via the shell. We don't need his help with anything, and we don't actually have to free the guy yet. Oh! We could ask the Framelock where the entrance is, so we can get Swabluff in here. Heck, if we can get some assurance he isn't dangerous we can bring him with us to guide us to the entrance.
>>
No. 610977 ID: 444929
File 141842164905.jpg - (68.44KB , 600x630 , 01 Framexplanation.jpg )
610977

>I would check his story with your partner. I know he said to keep conversation to a minimum but he can vouch for this thing and tell you if its dangerous or not.
>If it is nasty close the door. If not open it and talk with the thing.

>But yeah, calling it in seems reasonable.

You contact Swabluff and asks him about the creature.

S: "A framelock? OH! interesting. I have never seen one alive in my life, legends say that they are cowardly creatures that hide in weird spaces and whisper horrible things to people. They are mostly harmless for what i know. Damn i'm really getting pissed. This dungeon seems to contain a lot of cool things and i'm stuck here banging on this entrance door"

You hear an explosion in the background followed by a Swabluff cursing at the door before the communication ends.

So it's apparently not a menace. Good to know.

You resume talking to him.

>Just make sure it wont devour you somehow first.

You ask it what he eats

???: I TOLD YOU MAN! I CONSUME SPACES. THAT'S HOW WE SUSTAIN OURSELVES.

>Huh. If this thing manipulates frames, I wonder if it will be useful getting the front door unlocked?

You ask him if its able to operate mechanism.

???: WELL YOU DON'T LIVE ALL THESE YEARS WITHOUT LEARNING HOW TO PICK THINGS THERE OR THERE. AS LONG AS I CAN POSSESS A FRAME I HAVE A LOT OF CONTROL OF WHATEVER IT'S INSIDE IT. UNLESS IT'S HEAVY. LIKE THIS DOOR

>What kinds of things exactly qualify as Frames?

???: UUUH. WELL TECHNICALLY ANY PERIMETER THAT CONFINE SOMETHING CAN BE CONSIDERED A FRAME I THINK. IT'S WEIRD IF YOU MAKE ME THINK, LIKE ASKING HOW TO BREATH MANUALLY. I REMEMBER POSSESSING THINGS LIKE DOORS, PAINTING FRAMES, HONEYCOMBS, BEDFRAMES, BARREL TOPS, RINGS... OH I THINK I POSSESSEDA DREAMCATCHER AT ONE TIME. THAT WAS A WEIRD EXPERIENCE

>As for escaping you might want to tell it that its still trapped here because you did not come in through a door. Maybe you can make friends with it and help each other out of here.

>Oh! We could ask the Framelock where the entrance is, so we can get Swabluff in here. Heck, if we can get some assurance he isn't dangerous we can bring him with us to guide us to the entrance

You tell it your story of how you ended up here

???: OH, INTERESTING. I ENDED UP HERE AFTER A BIRD SNATCHED THE RING I WAS POSSESSING AND I LANDED IN A CRACK IN THE EARTH. I DECIDED TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT OF CURIOSITY, GOING DOWN AND AS I TOLD YOU, I ENDED UP STUCK BEHIND THIS DOOR. WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO JUMP TO OTHER FRAMES

???: I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE THE ENTRANCE OF THIS DUNGEON IS, BUT I CAN GUIDE YOU TO THE STAIRS TO THE UPPER LEVEL. FROM THERE IT SHOULD BE EASIER TO GET TO WHERE YOU WANT...

>It sounds like you can just bring the guy a box or something and he'll possess the frame to get out. It also sounds like he can't leave this spot. So tell him sure, you'll help him out, just not right away.

As you tell that to him he starts whining

???: NOOOOO PLEASE. DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALL ALONE WITH THIS DUMB DOOR
>>
No. 610980 ID: 2ec61a

hold the amulet by the amulet. so the string loop is hanging. he can possess the space between the loop.
>>
No. 610981 ID: 687279

Okay, candidates for possession: Your shield (it has a frame, even though there's wood in the way and maybe he wouldn't like to be used to block things), the slime ring (you'd have to take it off first I guess), and maybe the necklace that doesn't seem to do anything? It has a couple of openings in it that might count as being framed.
>>
No. 610982 ID: a19cd5

>>610977
Put him in one of the chain links on your mace
>>
No. 611004 ID: 01745f

A link in the necklace would be a good candidate, but be sure to take the necklace off first to avoid any messy accidents.
>>
No. 611068 ID: c9f2af

Ask what happens to the spaces he eats when he leaves the frame. Will there just be a wall where the door was?

What we could carry him out in depends on what state he'll leave thing in afterwards. (For instance, we have an un-ID-ed amulet, but we may not want to ruin it, yet).

>>610981
I wouldn't use the shield, as he might be less durable than the wood. A shield we can get killed in battle is bad. Plus, our shield is pretty good now since the slime makes it functionally a shield of reflection (for physical projectiles, at least. No idea if the slime works on magic). Sacrificing the slime ring to put him in it is similarly problematic as we're sacrificing a known advantage.

Which leaves the amulet, I suppose. Or we could make a frame out of a small portion of the vine-rope?
>>
No. 611112 ID: f886e5

>Ask what happens to the spaces he eats when he leaves the frame. Will there just be a wall where the door was?

this and the mace chain ring ring suggestion is good: it have three ringshe can just move to one of them
>>
No. 611177 ID: c4f243
File 141850176480.jpg - (58.98KB , 640x600 , 01 necklace.jpg )
611177

>Ask what happens to the spaces he eats when he leaves the frame. Will there just be a wall where the door was?

???: NAH, IT WILL REGAIN IT'S SPACE, SO THERE IS GOING TO BE AN OPENING IF I POSSESS ANOTHER FRAME. I ONLY CONSUME WHAT I'M POSSESSING. BASICALLY MAKING IT UNUSABLE. THAT'S HOW I FEED.

>hold the amulet by the amulet. so the string loop is hanging. he can possess the space between the loop.

>Okay, candidates for possession: Your shield (it has a frame, even though there's wood in the way and maybe he wouldn't like to be used to block things), the slime ring (you'd have to take it off first I guess), and maybe the necklace that doesn't seem to do anything? It has a couple of openings in it that might count as being framed.

>Put him in one of the chain links on your mace

>A link in the necklace would be a good candidate, but be sure to take the necklace off first to avoid any messy accidents.

>I wouldn't use the shield, as he might be less durable than the wood. A shield we can get killed in battle is bad. Plus, our shield is pretty good now since the slime makes it functionally a shield of reflection (for physical projectiles, at least. No idea if the slime works on magic). Sacrificing the slime ring to put him in it is similarly problematic as we're sacrificing a known advantage.

Which leaves the amulet, I suppose. Or we could make a frame out of a small portion of the vine-rope?

>this and the mace chain ring ring suggestion is good: it have three ringshe can just move to one of them

(3vs2, we are going with the necklace)

You propose to it the possible alternatives.

???: UUUUH, I THINK I'LL GO WITH THE NECKLACE. YOUR MACE CHAIN DOESN'T LOOK COMFORTABLE...

You take off the necklace and hold it in front of him

You ask it how exactly it works and how much it should tak...
>>
No. 611178 ID: c4f243
File 141850186449.jpg - (59.60KB , 650x520 , 02 necklace.jpg )
611178

???: DONE

You are surprise by the sudden possession that you drop the necklace on the ground

???: HEY!
>>
No. 611180 ID: c4f243
File 141850201767.jpg - (63.26KB , 600x600 , 03 Necklace.jpg )
611180

???:OK, LET'S SEE IF THIS WORKS

The necklace shakes.

The framelock inside starts changing shape, modyfing the necklace disposition.

It creates two stubs and pulls itself up. It walks a bit and then creates a tentacle while looking at you

???: TA-DAAAAAN!
>>
No. 611181 ID: 9d9089

>>611178
smile at him and compliment him
I want to see if even the creepy thing gt disturbed by our protag smile
>>
No. 611183 ID: c9f2af

Oh, cool. It's mobile now.

I guess we should introduce ourself, if we'll be looking for the exit, together.
>>
No. 611184 ID: c4f243
File 141850334170.jpg - (74.61KB , 600x600 , 01 Smile.jpg )
611184

>smile at him and compliment him

???: ...

???: ...

???: ...

???: PLEASE DON'T DO THAT EVER AGAIN

The little Framelock looks shaken
>>
No. 611191 ID: 687279

>>611184
Well, alright. Hey, now that he has control of the necklace, can he tell if it's magical, and what it does if it is? Also, which way's the first floor?
>>
No. 611200 ID: c4f243
File 141850502777.jpg - (79.81KB , 800x597 , 02 yohyoh.jpg )
611200

>I guess we should introduce ourself, if we'll be looking for the exit, together.

You introduce yourself properly as Flycatcher Vattelappeska, Ranidae adventurer.

It looks remarkably impressed.

???: I'M A FRAMELOCK

You point out that the fact that it was a Framelock was already estabilished and ask for its name

???: I DON'T HAVE ONE. WE DON'T REALLY CHAT WITH PEOPLE NOR WITH OTHER FRAMELOCKS TO BE HONEST, SO WE DON'T REALLY USE THEM

You point out that that might makes things complicated on the long run if you don't really have a way of calling it.

???: I... GUESS? WELL, IF YOU WANT YOU CAN PICK A NAME FOR ME, AND I CAN STICK TO THAT. I REALLY DON'T MIND

>Well, alright. Hey, now that he has control of the necklace, can he tell if it's magical, and what it does if it is?

???: OH YEAH THIS THING IS MAGICAL. THE PEARLS THAT COMPOSE THIS NECKLACE ARE ENCHANTED TO NEVER LET IT GET DESTROYED. THE AMULET HAS NO REAL MAGIC IN IT THOUGH. IT JUST SHARES THE INVULNERABILITY OF THE OBJECT

>Also, which way's the first floor?

???: RIGHT BEHIND THE DOOR WHERE I WAS TRAPPED! THERE ARE STAIRS LEADING UP. THAT'S WHERE I CAME FROM
>>
No. 611204 ID: 006774

>>611184
Anyway… Does he want to walk along or ride on the shoulder? Does he know of any other creatures here?

Then: Onwards to freedom!
>>
No. 611208 ID: 687279

So... it's an indestructible amulet? Doesn't seem that useful as an amulet, but there are a few ways for an indestructible object to be used... A pity it's not more rigid.

Alright, let's go on up. We'll leave further exploring of this floor for when Swabluff is with us.

Name the Framelock some sort of Ranidae language word.
>>
No. 611321 ID: 82c018

>Unbreakable amulet
Well there is a power we were not likely to find on our own. Say, does being in an unbreakable frame make him nearly invulnerable, or is he still in danger of traps or such poking inside the neklace?
>>
No. 611992 ID: 933c22
File 141866414923.jpg - (66.29KB , 600x650 , 01 Stairsroom.jpg )
611992

>So... it's an indestructible amulet? Doesn't seem that useful as an amulet, but there are a few ways for an indestructible object to be used... A pity it's not more rigid.

>Well there is a power we were not likely to find on our own. Say, does being in an unbreakable frame make him nearly invulnerable, or is he still in danger of traps or such poking inside the neklace?

???: NAH. I'M STILL VULNERABLE. BUT THE FACT THAT THIS NECKLACE IS INDESTRUCTABLE SHOULD PROTECT ME FROM A LOT OF HARM I THINK. MIND IF I KEEP IT?

>Anyway… Does he want to walk along or ride on the shoulder? Does he know of any other creatures here?

???:OH MAN. I NEVER HAD A RIDE ON SOMEONE. WELL I HAVE NEVER ALSO TALKED TO SOMEONE TILL NOW TO BE HONEST... BUT HEY! IF YOU OFFER I AM NOT GOING TO REFUSE

It climbs on your back and sits on your shoulder

>Does he know of any other creatures here?

???: NAH, WHY DO YOU AS...HOLY CRAP WHAT ARE ALL THESE CLAW MARKS ON THE WALL

You tell it that that the entire dungeon so far seems to be covered in those, and that they are quite old. You ask it if it has ever heard or seen anything in all those years that it was trapped down there

???: IT WAS COMPLETELY DARK. I MOVED USING FRAMELOCATION, SO I HAVEN'T REALLY SEEN MUCH ASID FOR THINGS THAT ARE REALLY CLOSE TO FRAMES. DIDN'T HEAR A THING ALSO.

>Name the Framelock some sort of Ranidae language word.

Ranidae language is only used between Ranidae. and it's mostly composed of guttural sounds that means either 'HEY THAT'S MY STUFF LEAVE IT' or 'PRETTY SURE THAT FLY WAS MINE'. You'll have to think of something else to use as a name for the Framelock.
>>
No. 611993 ID: 933c22
File 141866431812.jpg - (103.68KB , 1000x620 , 02 Stairsroom.jpg )
611993

>Then: Onwards to freedom!

>Alright, let's go on up. We'll leave further exploring of this floor for when Swabluff is with us.

You enter the room behind the Framelock's door.

The room contains 8 statues, one completely broken. All of them covered in moss. As usual, the room has claw marks everywhere.

There is also a giant splat of slime in a corner and something scribbled on the wall behind it.
>>
No. 611998 ID: c9f2af

The slime looks like the stuff from your amulet and the door before. I wonder if it's a monster, this time?

Move so you can read the writing, don't get too close to the slime, yet.
>>
No. 612001 ID: 2ec61a

the slime also appears to have... something, under it. does the slime from the slime ring seem like the same type? if so then it could be used to reach into the mass.
>>
No. 612004 ID: 82c018

Inspect the ceiling to make sure nothing is up there, then read the note while staying away from the slime splat if possible.

>name for the Framelock.
Frank?
>>
No. 612006 ID: e6e219

So far we have seen several examples of slime based magic here. Could be that whoever built this place or lived here was a slime wizard or something.

So be careful around the stuff but it might be connected to a magic item like your bracelet. From here sort of looks like a corpse. As usual be careful before touching things. Could be a actual slime monster living on a old skeleton.

So approach the slime with the assumption its dangerous and once you determine if it is or not we can search the rest of the room.
>>
No. 612024 ID: 5895bb

>>611992
how about Gianni? tell him you are an optimist from time to time!
>>
No. 612113 ID: a33bb5

Toss a pebble at the slime.
That should give you a clue to its nature.
>>
No. 612305 ID: 256d52

How about Latchkey for a name?
>>
No. 612340 ID: 2f4b71

If there are clawmarks behind the Framelock, we at least know whatever made them was around before the framelock arrived.
>>
No. 612352 ID: 909787
File 141873617076.jpg - (67.38KB , 660x600 , 01.jpg )
612352

>Frank?
>how about Gianni? tell him you are an optimist from time to time!
>How about Latchkey for a name?

These are all good ideas, you just need to pick one between them and stuck with it.

>Inspect the ceiling to make sure nothing is up there

Ceiling is safe, nothing up there, not even claw marks. Just moss.

>the slime also appears to have... something, under it. does the slime from the slime ring seem like the same type? if so then it could be used to reach into the mass.

>So be careful around the stuff but it might be connected to a magic item like your bracelet. From here sort of looks like a corpse. As usual be careful before touching things. Could be a actual slime monster living on a old skeleton.

>The slime looks like the stuff from your amulet and the door before. I wonder if it's a monster, this time?

It does look like the same exact type of the slime you have encountered before. But you have no idea how your bracelet will interact with it. It looks as inert as the rest of the slime you have met before too. And yeah, there seems to be something inside it too, you'd need to get close to inspect.

>Toss a pebble at the slime. That should give you a clue to its nature.

Last time you hit the slime with something it bounced back with enough strenght to break stone. You are afraid of what could happen again, you don't really want to lose an eye.

>then read the note while staying away from the slime splat if possible.
>So approach the slime with the assumption its dangerous and once you determine if it is or not we can search the rest of the room.

You have to ask the Framelock can reads, since you are illiterate.

???: YEAH I THINK I CAN. JUST GET NEAR IT SO I CAN HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT IT.

You carefully move through the room, circling around the slime. You are ready to anything that can happen
>>
No. 612353 ID: 909787
File 141873619879.jpg - (105.57KB , 600x800 , 02.jpg )
612353

You weren't ready for this though...
>>
No. 612354 ID: 909787
File 141873636065.jpg - (66.87KB , 608x600 , 03.jpg )
612354

???: OK, LET'S SEE WHAT IT SAYS

WE'VE BEEN ATTACKED. A DEMON APPARED RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TEMPLE'S DOOR. I DECIDED TO FACE IT WHILE MY REMAINING APPRENTICES RUSHED TO PROTECT THE HATCHERY
>>
No. 612355 ID: 909787
File 141873640670.jpg - (67.60KB , 690x600 , 04.jpg )
612355

I TRIED TO HOLD OFF AS LONG AS I COULD, THE DEMON MANAGED TO WOUND ME GREATLY AND PROCEEDED.
>>
No. 612357 ID: 909787
File 141873649838.jpg - (52.67KB , 600x535 , 05.jpg )
612357

WITH MY REMAINING FORCES I MANAGE TO SEAL THE DOOR IT ENTERED, HOPEFULLY MY APPRENTICES MANAGED TO SEAL THE HATCHERY AND FLEE. THE DEMON WILL REMAIN TRAPPED AS LONG AS ONE OF US OPEN THE DOOR.
>>
No. 612358 ID: 909787
File 141873658891.jpg - (50.50KB , 610x480 , 06.jpg )
612358

THE DEMON MUST PAY. IF YOU READ THIS MESSAGE IT MEANS ONE OF MY APPRENTICES MANAGED TO FIND HELP. PUNISH THE MONSTER AND PROTECT THE HATCHERY. MAY OUR RACE PROSPER FOREVER.
>>
No. 612359 ID: 909787
File 141873666439.jpg - (66.50KB , 660x600 , 07.jpg )
612359

???: THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS.

what the...
>>
No. 612361 ID: 2ec61a

um, is a thing floating over your left shoulder.
>>
No. 612362 ID: b88e47

Wait, what door? The one you opened?
>>
No. 612373 ID: c9f2af

Um. Holy heck, your race had a time of actual prosperity? With leaders and weapons and slime magic?

Oh and THERE'S A DEMON LOCKED IN WITH US?!

>THE DEMON WILL REMAIN TRAPPED AS LONG AS ONE OF US OPEN THE DOOR
Wait. The demon will stay trapped if one of them opens the door?

Shit! Call Swabluff and get him to stop before he gets that door open and unleashes a demon on our asses!
>>
No. 612384 ID: 705123

>>612373
oh woops. I didnt notice, there is a "don't" missing in that phrase before the "open". My bad.
>>
No. 612395 ID: 8f33e0

>>612361
the tiny elemental we are using as light source? Explore all the doors!
>>
No. 612400 ID: 687279

>>612384
Well we still need to tell Swabluff to stop trying to open the door!
>>
No. 612420 ID: 687279

>>612352
Frank's good.
>>
No. 612422 ID: 8f33e0

>>612353
loot tiem!
>>
No. 612423 ID: 82c018

Yeah; while we have called fairly often, learning about a trapped monster that is somewhere from city-destroying to civilization-destroying is worth a call.
>>
No. 612474 ID: 2f4b71

I don't think the door he sealed was the entrance door, but one of the internal doors. Otherwise he wouldn't be hoping his apprentices managed to flee after sealing the hatchery.
>>
No. 612550 ID: a19cd5

>>612359
>Phone swabluff: "YO HOLD OFF ON THE DOOR THERE'S SOME DEMONE SHIT GOIN ON IN HERE"
>>
No. 612702 ID: 4079a7
File 141881940392.jpg - (43.17KB , 600x500 , 1.jpg )
612702

>Shit! Call Swabluff and get him to stop before he gets that door open and unleashes a demon on our asses!

>Well we still need to tell Swabluff to stop trying to open the door!

>Yeah; while we have called fairly often, learning about a trapped monster that is somewhere from city-destroying to civilization-destroying is worth a call.

>Phone swabluff: "YO HOLD OFF ON THE DOOR THERE'S SOME DEMONE SHIT GOIN ON IN HERE"

First thing first, you call Swabluff and tell him to not try to open the door anymore

S: "Uh? Why? did you lose your mind? Have you found another entrance?"

You tell him that it's possible that there is a demon trapped in the dungeon and it's proably better not to unleash it in the world.

S: "oh... I see..."

He remains silent for a bit before going back to speak.

S: "Boy, i'm sorry. If i knew this would have happened i would have never got you into this mess."

You tell him it's not his fault and close the conversation.
>>
No. 612703 ID: 4079a7
File 141881971674.jpg - (42.40KB , 650x490 , 2.jpg )
612703

>loot tiem!

You reach slowly into the slime and grab whatever the skeleton has on it while reciting a small ranidae prayer for him

"you look dead
i'm grabbing your stuff
please stay dead"

The bracers on the skeletons look quite resistant and made of a better material than your current ones. you ask the Framelock if they are magical and he tells you that they aren't

The other item you decide to pick is the Trident. You have never seen this kind of weapon but you feel that it was made by and for your race. It's perfectly balanced and still intact. This item too isn't magic as the framelock tells you.
>>
No. 612704 ID: 4079a7
File 141881992389.jpg - (59.76KB , 910x500 , 3.jpg )
612704

>Um. Holy heck, your race had a time of actual prosperity? With leaders and weapons and slime magic?

That's quite shocking to be honest, you have always thought that Ranidae lived in the swamps.

>Wait, what door? The one you opened?

>I don't think the door he sealed was the entrance door, but one of the internal doors. Otherwise he wouldn't be hoping his apprentices managed to flee after sealing the hatchery.

You take a few seconds to make a mental map of the dungeon you explored so far.

The entrance is clearly the one you saw on the side of the hill, which means it's probably going to be on the upper side of the dungeon. This means that the Hatchery is probably on the lower side of the dungeon, since the scribbles said that the demon apparead on the front and proceeded after wounding the ranidae.


This means that...
>>
No. 612706 ID: 4079a7
File 141882007111.jpg - (54.78KB , 640x600 , 4.jpg )
612706

... the door you just opened is the one that was sealed.

Shit.

If the demon is still in this dungeon it means that it might be somewhere behind one of the doors or still in the lower part of the dungeon

>Explore all the doors!

but which one first? the door leading to the stairs or one of the two in the previous room?
>>
No. 612709 ID: 6b864d

>>612704
first the 2 closest one, remeber the pressure plate!
>>
No. 612710 ID: 1e63dc

>>612706
Don't forget to tell Swabluff that if we survive the dungeon we'll meet at the inn to share our findings. The info of a Ranidae golden age would probably be very useful... and profitable.
>>
No. 612721 ID: f34266

Hold up.
Are there claw marks beyond the staircase on the far side of this room?
>>
No. 612737 ID: 687279

>>612706
Closest ones first. Do you think the trident is a better weapon than your mace? Are you skilled with it?
>>
No. 612806 ID: 2f4b71

God news!
>>610728
>???: NO COME ON MAN! I'VE BEEN STUCK BEHIND THIS DOOR FOR OVER SIX DECADES!
>>610733
>I ENTERED THIS DUNGEON THROUGH A SPECIFIC FRAME I FOUND AND I DECIDED TO CHECK THE PLACE, BUT WHEN I POSSESSED THIS ENTRANCE THE DOOR CLOSED ON ITSELF AND I WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH TO OPEN IT.
If the door was open when the Framelock possessed it, and he's been there for 60 years, the demon is probably long gone.
>>
No. 612857 ID: 8f01e8

Paranoia check... is it possible this framelock IS the demon? Do the stories line up at all?
>>
No. 612877 ID: 9034cd
File 141890819955.jpg - (53.88KB , 660x575 , 01.jpg )
612877

>If the door was open when the Framelock possessed it, and he's been there for 60 years, the demon is probably long gone.

>Paranoia check... is it possible this framelock IS the demon? Do the stories line up at all?

Swabluff description for the Framelock fits, but better be safe than sorry. You decide to inquire again to Gianni about its story. You ask it if the door it was stuck in was open when he first came in

G: YEAH IT WAS HALF OPEN WHEN I ARRIVED BUT IT SHUT CLOSE WHEN I JUMPED IN THE FRAME.

You tell Gianni that it probably means that the door has been opened already and the demon might be already gone.

G: THAT'S A RELIEF!

You call back Swabluff and tell him that it was probably a false alarm.

S: Well that's a relief! The possibility of facing a demon isn't something that i'd really wish upon anyone.

>Don't forget to tell Swabluff that if we survive the dungeon we'll meet at the inn to share our findings. The info of a Ranidae golden age would probably be very useful... and profitable.

S: WHAT? THAT'S AMAZING! THIS IS A HUGE DISCOVERY! Try to find a way to let me in, this must be documented!

You close the call telling him that you are going to get to him after searching the rooms on this level, maybe there are more clues and you are getting curios
>>
No. 612878 ID: 9034cd
File 141890835050.jpg - (80.87KB , 769x600 , 02.jpg )
612878

>Do you think the trident is a better weapon than your mace? Are you skilled with it?

The closest thing you ever used to a trident is the hunting spear. Still, this trident is probably the best weapon you have ever tried. It feels extremely natural to use, just like an extention of your own body.

It probably is a better weapon than Old Bonk, but your thrusty mace has been at your side for a long time.
>>
No. 612879 ID: 9034cd
File 141890844444.jpg - (170.73KB , 902x992 , 03.jpg )
612879

>Hold up. Are there claw marks beyond the staircase on the far side of this room?

You check the stairs leading up.

yeah, there are clawmarks everywhere. This place must have seen a serious massacre. it seems there is almost no room without them.
>>
No. 612880 ID: 9034cd
File 141890857555.jpg - (32.01KB , 660x600 , 04.jpg )
612880

>Closest ones first.

>first the 2 closest one, remeber the pressure plate!

You move back to the room previous to the one with the statues.

You decide to check the one with the pressure plate first.

The pressure plate covers almost all the base of the door. You don't really know if it is a trap trigger or something else.
>>
No. 612882 ID: 129cf3

>>612880
go grab a heavy rock and throw it on the pressure plate, do so from outside the room.
>>
No. 612915 ID: fe4bfc

Look around the door and the immediate area for any trap components. Unless its made by a master craftsman who specializes in traps there will be some evidence of what it does.

It could also be something other than a trap.

For now start by lightly tossing something on it from far away. Then maybe poking it with your trident.

If it is magical in nature you might get a free pass for being the same race that made it. But that's a risky experiment.
>>
No. 612919 ID: 687279

>>612880
Poke it with the trident from the side.
>>
No. 612926 ID: 185cb8

>>612879
I think at this point you can pretty safely assume the claw marks came from the demon.

Unless some other terrible monster stormed through, since. Although that seems less likely.
>>
No. 613202 ID: ed799c
File 141902420181.jpg - (52.77KB , 810x520 , 01.jpg )
613202

>I think at this point you can pretty safely assume the claw marks came from the demon.

>Unless some other terrible monster stormed through, since. Although that seems less likely.

The marks are all quite old. whatever happened here was long time ago. If it isn't a demon but another creature it might have already died. Hopefully. You really don't want to face something that can scratch through rocks.

>Look around the door and the immediate area for any trap components. Unless its made by a master craftsman who specializes in traps there will be some evidence of what it does.

It doesn't look like there is anything else near the door, nor the ceiling nor the pavement nor the frame around it. There is only that almost invisible pressure plate.

>go grab a heavy rock and throw it on the pressure plate, do so from outside the room

>For now start by lightly tossing something on it from far away. Then maybe poking it with your trident.

>Poke it with the trident from the side.

Between the two option you choose to start by throwing something. you grab a piece of broken statue from the other room and while standing in that, you chuck the rock to the door.
>>
No. 613203 ID: ed799c
File 141902427214.jpg - (33.09KB , 540x645 , 02 door.jpg )
613203

The rock hits the pressure plate and...
>>
No. 613204 ID: ed799c
File 141902438679.jpg - (92.14KB , 805x805 , 03 room.jpg )
613204

... nothing happens.

You carefully move closer and poke the pressure plate with the trident.

It doesn't react at all. The trap or whatever was probably already triggered long time ago.

You open the door and enter the room, carefully avoiding the pressure plate.

The room is rather small.
>>
No. 613206 ID: ed799c
File 141902451685.jpg - (58.36KB , 655x600 , 04 statue.jpg )
613206

The room only contains an altar with a statue of a Ranidae holding an egg.

There is nothing else in the room.

Something in the altar looks familiar, but you can't pinpoint what it is.
>>
No. 613207 ID: 687279

>>613206
The symbol is the same as on the entrance door Swabluff's trying to open. Investigate the symbol and the altar.
>>
No. 613208 ID: 2ec61a

the trident is a key. stick it into the three holed opening under the statue.
>>
No. 613222 ID: b88e47

>>613208
Trident probably fits in the 3 holes.
>>
No. 613223 ID: 72d705

That plant on the side, are those blast berries?
>>
No. 613438 ID: bd8f7b
File 141907166948.jpg - (64.88KB , 800x504 , 01 symbol.jpg )
613438

>The symbol is the same as on the entrance door Swabluff's trying to open. Investigate the symbol and the altar.

>That plant on the side, are those blast berries?

Those are in fact blastberries. You grab and pack 4 more of those exploding fruits in your bag.

The statue is made of marble and is really cold to the touch. It looks like it's holding a egg, but it doesn't look like a Ranidae egg at all.

The symbol is in fact the same as the lock in the front door.
>>
No. 613439 ID: bd8f7b
File 141907183170.jpg - (68.36KB , 1024x419 , 02 open sesami.jpg )
613439

>the trident is a key. stick it into the three holed opening under the statue.

>Trident probably fits in the 3 holes.

You jam the trident in the holes. It fits perfectly. After hearing a click, you try twisting it.

The lock turns 90 degrees without any effort and the panel in front of it splits in two and the parts slide to reveal a secret compartment.

It's filled with slime, and the only thing that contains is a slab of rock with a slight depression
>>
No. 613440 ID: a19cd5

That's for the necklace, isn't it? damn.
>>
No. 613441 ID: 2ec61a

make a loop of rope for him to jump into while you use the necklace.
>>
No. 613482 ID: 687279

>>613439
Slime in this dungeon is supposed to block the demon, I think- or at least as a form of security. This is important. Important enough to maybe wait until you get Swabluff down here. Also it'd be inconvenient for Gianni. This probably leads to he Hatchery anyway (the floor plate is an elevator obviously), do you really want to go there now?

Why don't we call Swabluff and tell him the key to the door is a trident? Then go back to trying to find the entrance again.
>>
No. 613519 ID: bd8f7b
File 141910617645.jpg - (62.45KB , 600x625 , 01 call.jpg )
613519

>That's for the necklace, isn't it? damn.

Looks like it.

>make a loop of rope for him to jump into while you use the necklace.

>Slime in this dungeon is supposed to block the demon, I think- or at least as a form of security. This is important. Important enough to maybe wait until you get Swabluff down here. Also it'd be inconvenient for Gianni. This probably leads to he Hatchery anyway (the floor plate is an elevator obviously), do you really want to go there now?

It's honestly a good point, a lot of thing that happened in this dungeon caught you by surprise, so it's probably better to act with care.

>Why don't we call Swabluff and tell him the key to the door is a trident? Then go back to trying to find the entrance again.

You grab the conch once again and call Swabluff.
>>
No. 613520 ID: bd8f7b
File 141910628109.jpg - (66.43KB , 600x710 , 02 call.jpg )
613520

Or at least you try to.

You can't speak, or better, no sound is coming out of your mouth. Nor you can hear anything anymore. Not even the buzzing of your elemental floating next to you.
>>
No. 613521 ID: bd8f7b
File 141910635011.jpg - (57.99KB , 690x600 , 03 hey.jpg )
613521

You turn to Gianni and try to talk again.

You ask what's going on, but no sound comes from your mouth.
>>
No. 613522 ID: bd8f7b
File 141910643381.jpg - (61.27KB , 690x600 , 04 what.jpg )
613522

You see Gianni's mouth open and close multiple times, but no sounds come from it.

Gianni seems to have noticed that as well and it stops, puzzled.

None of you can apparently hear any kind of sound, nor produce any sound at all.

What's going on?
>>
No. 613524 ID: 2ec61a

look around real quick, in case the demon case a silence zone. then try closing the box.
>>
No. 613525 ID: 1ae57f

Look around. Anything changed?

Try stepping out of the room. Maybe the effect is limited in area?

Maybe try locking the slime necklace indent back up again? If opening it muted the room, maybe closing it will undo it?
>>
No. 613570 ID: 517df6

Attempt to disbelieve the air?
>>
No. 613574 ID: d90668

Ok you heard the click of the lock opening so sound could still work before that. Try tapping the floor with the trident and see if it makes noise.

This could be a magic affect to stop verbal casting. Or a side effect of something else.

After testing things try leaving the room and seeing if your voice comes back. But be careful about the pressure plate just in case.
>>
No. 613590 ID: 742b4a

>>613522
Weird shit = get out.
>>
No. 613904 ID: 1da071
File 141924925376.jpg - (26.28KB , 640x273 , 01.jpg )
613904

>look around real quick, in case the demon case a silence zone.

>Look around. Anything changed?

You turn around quickly and you don't see anything different in the room or outside the room.

>Attempt to disbelieve the air?

You try to disbelieve the silence, but nothing happens. Maybe your will is too weak?

>Ok you heard the click of the lock opening so sound could still work before that. Try tapping the floor with the trident and see if it makes noise.

You tap the trident on the floor, but no sounds comes from it.
>>
No. 613905 ID: 1da071
File 141924926914.jpg - (62.31KB , 730x600 , 02 room.jpg )
613905

>Try stepping out of the room. Maybe the effect is limited in area?

>After testing things try leaving the room and seeing if your voice comes back. But be careful about the pressure plate just in case.

>Weird shit = get out.

You quickly leave the room.

As soon as you step outside you try to talk again. To your relief, you are able to hear and talk normally. Even tapping the trident on the floor produces sound.
>>
No. 613906 ID: 1da071
File 141924927911.jpg - (70.22KB , 700x600 , 03 room.jpg )
613906

>then try closing the box.

>Maybe try locking the slime necklace indent back up again? If opening it muted the room, maybe closing it will undo it?

You go back in the room and twist the lock back with the trident.
The two slates slide back to their original place, and after a few seconds you can hear again.

Well that mistery was solved at least.
>>
No. 613913 ID: dccc95

Weird. Revel in your returned voice by wondering aloud why your ancestors would install that feature.
Move on to the next room.
>>
No. 613918 ID: d90668

Ask Gianni what he thinks of the room.

Unless he has any ideas might want to save this for later and try another room.
>>
No. 613919 ID: dbe554

It might actually be a room of silent prayer, with the egg holding frog possibly being some sort of deity? Or maybe the egg itself is some sort of symbolic reverence so they would want a moment of silence.
>>
No. 613928 ID: dbe554

Regardless of the fact we now know that the trident is a key for the doors, tell Swabluff that something trident shaped should be able to do so, or at least he'd need to be able to lockpick all three slots at once and be able to twist it.
>>
No. 613929 ID: 1ae57f

That was weird.

Don't forget to call in about the trident. (He doesn't have one on him, but he might be able to improvise something).

>wondering aloud why your ancestors would install that feature
Actually, it might make sense if we're right that this leads to the hatchery. Maybe the silence ward is there to prevent enemies from hearing the children? (Or to prevent the children from driving the rest of the community insane).
>>
No. 613930 ID: 2ec61a

>>613929
makes sense.
let's secure the other rooms before trying this way. we may luck out and find an emaciated demon instead of a full power one.
>>
No. 613958 ID: 742b4a

>>613906
Just go back upstairs to try to find the entrance, without calling Swabluff. Come to think of it he doesn't really need to be informed about the trident being a key, seeing as how he doesn't have one.
>>
No. 614342 ID: dc6b41
File 141934606960.jpg - (62.04KB , 575x660 , 01.jpg )
614342

>Just go back upstairs to try to find the entrance, without calling Swabluff. Come to think of it he doesn't really need to be informed about the trident being a key, seeing as how he doesn't have one.

>Regardless of the fact we now know that the trident is a key for the doors, tell Swabluff that something trident shaped should be able to do so, or at least he'd need to be able to lockpick all three slots at once and be able to twist it.

After thinking about it for a bit you decide to tell Swabluff.

S: mmmh. i'll see what i can do about it.

>Weird. Revel in your returned voice by wondering aloud why your ancestors would install that feature.

>Ask Gianni what he thinks of the room.

You groan about this weird room and ask Gianni what it thinks about it.

G: THE SILENCE WAS PROBABLY FOR MEDITATION

You ask it how it came to that conclusion
>>
No. 614343 ID: dc6b41
File 141934612841.jpg - (45.53KB , 575x480 , 02.jpg )
614343

G: WELL THE RUNES ON THE DOOR SAY THIS IS A MEDITATION ROOM
>>
No. 614344 ID: a19cd5

...huh.
Well, we could use a break after the fighting and panic over possibly-already-unleashed demons and all that.
Meditate for a bit.
>>
No. 614345 ID: dc6b41
File 141934636038.jpg - (80.68KB , 800x580 , 03.jpg )
614345

You bend over and grab the Framelock by the amulet and coldly ask Gianni why it didn't tell you anything

G: I DIDN'T KNOW YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT...

You tell Gianni that you don't know how to read.

G: OH RIGHT!
>>
No. 614346 ID: dc6b41
File 141934653044.jpg - (78.66KB , 880x670 , 04.jpg )
614346

>let's secure the other rooms before trying this way. we may luck out and find an emaciated demon instead of a full power one.

>Unless he has any ideas might want to save this for later and try another room.

You put Gianni down and move to open the door on the opposite side of this.

This room has 4 big alcoves, and what looks like stairs made carved into the stone to get to the alcoves. There are bones scattered in them, ranidae bones.

And of course claw marks.

This place surely has seen a real massacre...
>>
No. 614348 ID: a19cd5

It's a crypt. It's for storing dead people.
>>
No. 614370 ID: 8f01e8

>>614348
Crypts don't have so much space per body, or access ladders like that, and generally are further from the daily-life parts of a building in order to minimize the risk of disease. Pretty sure these are sleeping alcoves.
>>
No. 614374 ID: dbe554

Either way, poke the bones a bit and see if there's anything to be gained from whats left.
>>
No. 614381 ID: 1ae57f

>>614345
Okay, so our companion is forgetful. You'll have to remind him when he needs something read.

Also, how was he supposed to say anything silenced!

>>614346
Huh. A small crpyt, or a barracks? I'd lean towards the later, as an established settlement would need more than 8 beds for the dead.

Either way, I'm not seeing an exit or anything of interest in here.
>>
No. 614851 ID: 26c71a
File 141942574086.jpg - (58.38KB , 800x416 , 01.jpg )
614851

>Well, we could use a break after the fighting and panic over possibly-already-unleashed demons and all that. Meditate for a bit.

That would be a bad idea, you won't be able to hear anyone coming toward you and you'd be trapped in the room. It's probably better to pay as much attention as you can while in this dungeon.

>It's a crypt. It's for storing dead people.

>Crypts don't have so much space per body, or access ladders like that, and generally are further from the daily-life parts of a building in order to minimize the risk of disease. Pretty sure these are sleeping alcoves.

>Huh. A small crpyt, or a barracks? I'd lean towards the later, as an established settlement would need more than 8 beds for the dead.

You really can't tell. Your tribe doesn't bury corpses, they let them sink in the swamp with rocks, so that they can feed the soil of the swamp and the creatures. And your houses are usually made of mud and wood, with small places where you can sleep if the season is too cold to sleep in the water.

>Either way, poke the bones a bit and see if there's anything to be gained from whats left.

You rummage through the bones. They have claw marks and teeth marks on it. The demon or some other creatures must have eaten the corpses.

As you move a skull you notice a small indent in the alcove. You press it and a secret compartment opens.
>>
No. 614852 ID: 26c71a
File 141942588343.jpg - (50.80KB , 620x425 , 02.jpg )
614852

The compartment contains a crate made of decorated stone. It contains a good amount of pearls. and a bracelet similar to the one you have already found, but with the blue stone missing.

Gianni doesn't detect any magic.

This level is probably cleared but at least you have found loot.
>>
No. 614853 ID: 26c71a
File 141942610472.jpg - (115.95KB , 1050x820 , 03.jpg )
614853

>Just go back upstairs to try to find the entrance

You leave the room and move upstair.

The stairs lead to the entrance to a large room, probably the largest one you have seen in this dungeon.

There is a large fountain, stone benches and a broken down statue covered in moss in the opposite side of where you entered, and two doors, one on the left and one on the right, where you can see stairs leading up. The ceiling is partially broken and there are claw marks as usuals.

Gianni points to the door on your left

G: THAT'S THE ROOM I CAME FROM.
>>
No. 614857 ID: 2ec61a

check that door/room first then.
>>
No. 614865 ID: dccc95

Fish that fountain first
>>
No. 614887 ID: 6c42b7

>>614865
fountain
>>
No. 614935 ID: 5f402f

>THAT'S THE ROOM I CAME FROM
So the entrance is that way.

Let's check the other rooms first then, just to make sure we aren't leaving a monster or t sneak up behind us.
>>
No. 614986 ID: 311774

Room.
>>
No. 615056 ID: 502ac8
File 141945851203.jpg - (89.23KB , 800x513 , 01 fountain.jpg )
615056

>Fish that fountain first

>Fountain

You move near the fountain and start searching. The water is murky but and swallow. the fountain isn't even that deep.

After a couple of minute you found another handful of pearls.

You pocket them.
>>
No. 615058 ID: 502ac8
File 141945869907.jpg - (59.54KB , 800x458 , 02 room.jpg )
615058

>check that door/room first then

>Let's check the other rooms first then, just to make sure we aren't leaving a monster or t sneak up behind us.

>Room.

You enter the room pointed by Gianni.

The room is small, it contains only an alcove and a fountain.

g: THE RING I WAS POSSESSING IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT

Gianni says while pointing

But before you can do anything, you feel the conch vibrate and pick it up
>>
No. 615061 ID: 502ac8
File 141945887117.jpg - (62.05KB , 590x660 , 03 call.jpg )
615061

It's Swabluff.

S: Hey boy! I managed to open the lock!

That's good!

S: But i can't open the door yet. There is something jamming the door on the other side

That's bad...

S: I need your help. Listen...
>>
No. 615063 ID: 502ac8
File 141945903617.jpg - (61.70KB , 590x660 , 04 call.jpg )
615063

S: ... try to get here as soon as you c...

You can't hear the rest of what Swabluff said due to a loud scratching noise

What was that?

S: Boy? Did you understand?

You close the call with Swabluff and take a peek out of the door.

What the fuck was that?
>>
No. 615064 ID: 502ac8
File 141945909015.jpg - (65.55KB , 700x600 , 05 uh oh.jpg )
615064

>>
No. 615065 ID: 2ec61a

ready weapon/shield. take battle stance.
>>
No. 615066 ID: 502ac8
File 141945914955.jpg - (57.98KB , 630x600 , 06 uh oh.jpg )
615066

You flat yourself against the wall in the room.

Whatever that thing is, it's now sniffing and checking the room.

Fuck.

What the hell are you going to do...
>>
No. 615068 ID: a19cd5

Subtly toss a blastberry somewhere where it'll distract it long enough for you to SCOOT ASS INTO ANYWHERE BUT HERE
>>
No. 615070 ID: 6c42b7

>>615066
Can you stub his remainig eye?
Also, PANIC! FUCK!
>>
No. 615073 ID: 5f402f

I hope closing the call mutes that thing. It would be bad if it started vibrating, now.

This thing seems to blind. It's hunting by smell and/or sound.

Get a good look at it, while you have the chance. What's it made out of? Is that flesh, stone? Is that hair or moss or what hanging off of it?
>>
No. 615076 ID: dbe554

It's claws match the scratch marks as well.
>>
No. 615078 ID: 742b4a

>>615066
Ready blastberries. It will likely roar at you when it sees you so toss a blastberry (or five) in its open mouth.

The room you came in at is safe from it, probably, because of the slime door. If you can run back there you can call swabluff and describe the monster, in the hopes it is not a demon and has some sort of weakness you can exploit.
>>
No. 615330 ID: 961c81

Get ready to go to the egg room, the one with the mute field. Wield ye trident, it's your birthright - and a good 'blinder' when we get to the mute room.
>>
No. 615359 ID: b88e47

Blastberry and book it.
>>
No. 615399 ID: 742b4a

Further tactical analysis: it's blind on one side and disarmed on the other.
>>
No. 615403 ID: ad35fa
File 141954235558.jpg - (42.34KB , 510x510 , 01.jpg )
615403

>I hope closing the call mutes that thing. It would be bad if it started vibrating, now.

The conch stops vibrating as soon as you closed the call. The vibration wasn't loud at all, but you didn't want to test your luck.

>Get a good look at it, while you have the chance. What's it made out of? Is that flesh, stone? Is that hair or moss or what hanging off of it?

>It's claws match the scratch marks as well.

The claws seem to be the same. It's made mostly of what looks like pale flesh. It litterally has plant and moss growing on it. It's also missing an arm.

>This thing seems to blind. It's hunting by smell and/or sound.

You are quite sure this thing has eyes. At least one. glowing yellow. But it seems it's mostly relying to his smell at the moment.

>Can you stub his remainig eye?
>Further tactical analysis: it's blind on one side and disarmed on the other.

It could be done, if you manage to hit him with a blastberry in the right spot.
Hopefully, at least, that should work.
>>
No. 615404 ID: ad35fa
File 141954257895.jpg - (83.21KB , 766x600 , 02.jpg )
615404

>Get ready to go to the egg room, the one with the mute field. Wield ye trident, it's your birthright - and a good 'blinder' when we get to the mute room.

>The room you came in at is safe from it, probably, because of the slime door. If you can run back there you can call swabluff and describe the monster, in the hopes it is not a demon and has some sort of weakness you can exploit.

Those seem to be the most safe places at the moment, since you have no idea what's upstairs.

>Ready blastberries. It will likely roar at you when it sees you so toss a blastberry (or five) in its open mouth.

>Subtly toss a blastberry somewhere where it'll distract it long enough for you to SCOOT ASS INTO ANYWHERE BUT HERE

>Blastberry and book it.

You grab the blastberries out of your pouch and wedge them in your belt, so that they'd be ready to be used.

You wait a second or two to let the creture reach the fountain and then toss one blastberry as far as you can and as distant from your current position and the entrance to the lower level.
>>
No. 615405 ID: ad35fa
File 141954262097.jpg - (78.00KB , 600x674 , 03.jpg )
615405

As soon as the blastberry lands you sprint to the entrance.
>>
No. 615406 ID: ad35fa
File 141954270041.jpg - (91.44KB , 762x600 , 04.jpg )
615406

And you are promptly stopped in your track by a flying stone bench crashing into the door frame.

You turn your head to see that the creature tossed it and it's now looking straight at you.
>>
No. 615407 ID: ad35fa
File 141954273830.jpg - (59.31KB , 622x480 , 05.jpg )
615407

The creature opens his jaws and lets out a dreadful howl.
>>
No. 615408 ID: ad35fa
File 141954280229.jpg - (33.12KB , 574x480 , 06.jpg )
615408

You toss 4 blastberries straight into its face.

That's enough power to blast someone's head off.
>>
No. 615409 ID: ad35fa
File 141954291480.jpg - (56.22KB , 545x480 , 07.jpg )
615409

And apparently this guy it's not a normal "someone".

All the blast did was to remove the plant growing from its face and make it angrier, if possible.

It growls as it stares at you with its horrible yellow glowing eyes.
>>
No. 615410 ID: 2ec61a

it looks somewhat emaciated. anyway, the bench has stopped move so go past it and to the slime door. if it sees you going into the slime it will charge it and hopefully bounce off.
>>
No. 615413 ID: 5762bc

Yep that is the demon that has been stuck here for probably hundreds of years.

Ok its missing a horn and a hand. Lets just hope it lost those in here to something. Otherwise I have no idea how you are going to hurt it.

You had better continue getting the fuck away from it. Yell on your horn that the demon is still here and its pissed.
>>
No. 615416 ID: 742b4a

>>615409
Shit. Now it can see out of both eyes. I'm guessing it's immune to explosions or other fire-related things. It seems to have a sword lodged in its back and through its chest... I suspect piercing weapons are no good here either.

You may want to switch to your mace, if it comes to a fight. You probably won't win a fight though. It was able to throw that bench at you with ONE hand. I doubt your slime shield is going to work against that sort of strength... but maybe it will? It depends on how good its reflecting properties are.

The door is probably still not quite blocked. See if you can back towards it and duck out. If you can get out of the immediate area, ask Gianni if that ring he was possessing was magical. Also call Swabluff and tell him the demon is still very much alive.

If you get into a fight, you should probably tell Gianni to just run, upstairs, and try to warn Swabluff so he can get reinforcements.
>>
No. 615424 ID: 5f402f

Oh geeze. If the previous inhabitants were cultivating those berries, of course they were tried before and didn't work. Why didn't we think of that.

This is not going to be a good fight. This thing has been trapped for years without starving. It can carve through solid stone. It might be weakened by time or hunger, but you're no better armed than the last frogs to face it, and unlike them, you're alone.

...only significant resource you have they didn't that might matter is the framelock. It consumes spaces, what happens if there's something else in the frame when it steps in? Maybe we could pull off a kind of portal cut.
>>
No. 615425 ID: a19cd5

>>615409
"Uh. Hi?"
see if it responds to words as you carefully try to gauge exit paths
we are level one we are not equipped for this
>>
No. 615445 ID: a4ca15

>>615424
this, ask framelock if he can do that. otherwise we are kind of fucked...
>>
No. 615488 ID: 8f01e8

Tell Gianni, if you die down here, to go up to the front door and tell Swabluff everything... but, since you're not dead /yet/, to stick around and attempt to spatially dismember the demon whenever it reaches through a suitable frame.
>>
No. 615489 ID: 20afaf

Smile at him.
>>
No. 615620 ID: c89009

>>615445
Can the Framelock consume the space in the creatures mouth?
>>
No. 615632 ID: 742b4a

>>615620
I don't think that's a good idea. Framelocks aren't invincible, so he'll just get eaten.
>>
No. 615703 ID: 311774

>>615632
The necklace is invincible.
If we throw the necklace with Gianni in its mouth, he can try to suffocate the demon.
>>
No. 615729 ID: 742b4a

>>615703
Again, he'd probably just get eaten. The necklace doesn't confer its invincibility to Gianni, as was mentioned earlier. It makes him tougher, but not invincible.
>>
No. 615923 ID: c4c35d

>>615489
Good idea as an addition to whatever else is decided upon.

(My personal all-time favourite is talking to the ancient demon that’s about to kill you. Let’s do that while smiling.)
>>
No. 616184 ID: c31a3a
File 141976206591.jpg - (45.19KB , 480x573 , 01 b.jpg )
616184

>You had better continue getting the fuck away from it. Yell on your horn that the demon is still here and its pissed.

>Oh geeze. If the previous inhabitants were cultivating those berries, of course they were tried before and didn't work. Why didn't we think of that.

You kinda reacted by instinct and didn't really thought that through.

>it looks somewhat emaciated. anyway, the bench has stopped move so go past it and to the slime door. if it sees you going into the slime it will charge it and hopefully bounce off.

>the bench has stopped move so go past it and to the slime door. if it sees you going into the slime it will charge it and hopefully bounce off.

>The door is probably still not quite blocked. See if you can back towards it and duck out.

You slowly move toward the door while keeping your eyes and weapons facing the demon, until you feel the bench pressing on your legs and lower back. It might take you a bit to jump on the other side, and you don't want to be a sitting target for too long.

>You probably won't win a fight though. It was able to throw that bench at you with ONE hand. I doubt your slime shield is going to work against that sort of strength... but maybe it will? It depends on how good its reflecting properties are.

>This is not going to be a good fight. This thing has been trapped for years without starving. It can carve through solid stone. It might be weakened by time or hunger, but you're no better armed than the last frogs to face it, and unlike them, you're alone.

This is quite the pickle. But you are not willing to die without fighting with all your might. You are Flycatcher Vattelapeska, the first Ranidae adventurer. There must be a way to deal with this thing.

>...only significant resource you have they didn't that might matter is the framelock. It consumes spaces, what happens if there's something else in the frame when it steps in? Maybe we could pull off a kind of portal cut

>this, ask framelock if he can do that. otherwise we are kind of fucked...

>Can the Framelock consume the space in the creatures mouth?

You try to ask Gianni if it could help in any measure, but the poor thing seems to be too scared to be able to do anything.
>>
No. 616185 ID: c31a3a
File 141976213808.jpg - (87.01KB , 600x702 , 02.jpg )
616185

>If you get into a fight, you should probably tell Gianni to just run, upstairs, and try to warn Swabluff so he can get reinforcements.

>Tell Gianni, if you die down here, to go up to the front door and tell Swabluff everything...

You whisper to Gianni that everything will be ok, you ask it to jump to the frames that leads to the entrance and to get Swabluff, while you will try to distract the monster.

Gianni nods, its eyes filled with fear.

>"Uh. Hi?" see if it responds to words as you carefully try to gauge exit paths

>Smile at him.

>Good idea as an addition to whatever else is decided upon. (My personal all-time favourite is talking to the ancient demon that’s about to kill you. Let’s do that while smiling.)

You put up your best fake smile and greet the beast.

The beast roars and leaps toward you, its eyes glowing a bright red now.

You feel the necklace on your shoulder fall as Gianni leaps to the frame to the entrance.
>>
No. 616186 ID: c31a3a
File 141976228883.jpg - (74.75KB , 600x664 , 03.jpg )
616186

You lift your shield and block the creature's attack.

*booooooing*

As you where hoping, its claws bounce away from the shield, throwing the beast off balance.

The momentum of the jump makes it fall onto you.
>>
No. 616187 ID: c31a3a
File 141976238754.jpg - (83.09KB , 600x740 , 04.jpg )
616187

As the body of the creature continues its trajectory toward your position, you greet your teeth and jump. while stabbing the creature in the chest.

First blood is yours.

You and the beast then proceed to fall down the stairs together.
>>
No. 616188 ID: c31a3a
File 141976259162.jpg - (80.92KB , 800x558 , 05.jpg )
616188

You feel like a rockslide passed all over you, but at least you are alive.

It appears you fell down the entire set of stairs and you are back to the room with the statues, on the lower level.

You hope that the beast is also as hurt as you are.
>>
No. 616189 ID: c31a3a
File 141976268608.jpg - (70.91KB , 735x600 , 06.jpg )
616189

And of course the damn creature looks unharmed by the fall...

At least it seems the wound you left on his side is deep.

The creature is standing in the middle of the room, blocking the door that leads to the silencing room and to the slime door downstair.
>>
No. 616192 ID: 89b2a2

>>616189
It doesn't seem to bright. See if you can get up enough to brace for the next charge and throw it over you while running it through.

Also the necklace is invulnerable. If you can use it to tangle the beast's maw it may be distracted for a bit.
>>
No. 616198 ID: b66bbe

Shatter the orb and release the fire elemental hopefully that will buy you enough time to grab the necklace and retreat to the meditation room
>>
No. 616216 ID: 8f01e8

Get on your feet, retreat back up the stairs. Use high ground advantage and knockback slime to prevent the demon from getting close enough to grab you. It's got the overwhelming advantage in strength, so you're going to need to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee": stay mobile enough to prevent it from getting a decisive hit, and don't over-commit yourself on the offensive, just wear it down with cheap shots.
>>
No. 616239 ID: dd4ed3

Get up, quickly.

>>616192
Tangling or chocking it with an invincible necklace isn't a bad idea.

>Shatter the orb and release the fire elementa
Only problem is that's the only light source down here, and I'm guessing that monster is going to be much less bothered by the dark than we will. It's been living down here without light for years.
>>
No. 616842 ID: 201a75
File 141997372828.jpg - (47.40KB , 640x447 , 01.jpg )
616842

>Shatter the orb and release the fire elemental hopefully that will buy you enough time to grab the necklace and retreat to the meditation room

You can't really do that, the elemental is the only source of light for you without it, you'll completely blind.

>Also the necklace is invulnerable. If you can use it to tangle the beast's maw it may be distracted for a bit.

>Tangling or chocking it with an invincible necklace isn't a bad idea.

You quickly retrieve the necklace while getting up, as the creature stabs the ground where the necklace was.
>>
No. 616845 ID: 201a75
File 141997392186.jpg - (80.33KB , 660x615 , 02.jpg )
616845

>It doesn't seem to bright. See if you can get up enough to brace for the next charge and throw it over you while running it through.

>Get on your feet, retreat back up the stairs. Use high ground advantage and knockback slime to prevent the demon from getting close enough to grab you. It's got the overwhelming advantage in strength, so you're going to need to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee": stay mobile enough to prevent it from getting a decisive hit, and don't over-commit yourself on the offensive, just wear it down with cheap shots.

While you are able to deflect the blows of the creatures, its reach is enormous compared to yours. The only thing you manage to scrape with your trident is its arm, and it doesn't seem to feel it too much.

You quickly retreat to the stairs and brace yourself. The horrible beast doesn't rush as you imagined, and instead slowly approaches the frame and stares at you.

It grabs the corners of the frame and starts flexing the muscles. It looks like it wants to leap to you.
>>
No. 616863 ID: 687279

>>616845
Let it. Slam its face with your shield, bouncing it back.
>>
No. 616869 ID: 4373f5

If you firmly set the base of your trident against the stairs you can impale him if he jumps at you.

Would be dangerous but it could really do some damage if you pull it off.
>>
No. 616948 ID: 8f01e8

That's interesting, the demon targeted that amulet specifically.

Continue backing away, timing your steps to steal the momentum from it's attacks. If it gives you time to breathe, try to make your way to the meditation chamber and see what happens when you put the amulet in the amulet-shaped slot.
>>
No. 617018 ID: 5fcdcc

Smile at the demon to confuse it!
>>
No. 617149 ID: dd4ed3

>That's interesting, the demon targeted that amulet specifically.
Perhaps it encountered the puzzle at some point, and knows the amulet is the key to getting in?
>>
No. 617250 ID: 673875
File 142012659614.jpg - (73.65KB , 640x600 , 01.jpg )
617250

>That's interesting, the demon targeted that amulet specifically.

>Perhaps it encountered the puzzle at some point, and knows the amulet is the key to getting in?

It looks like it was trying to get it. This just consolidate your idea that the amulet might be the key to the hatchery.

>Continue backing away, timing your steps to steal the momentum from it's attacks. If it gives you time to breathe, try to make your way to the meditation chamber and see what happens when you put the amulet in the amulet-shaped slot.

>Let it. Slam its face with your shield, bouncing it back

>If you firmly set the base of your trident against the stairs you can impale him if he jumps at you.

It's a risky plan, but you don't really have much other choices at this point, you prepare the trident and set your shield up. It's clearly a trap, how would it even manage to not see it, It should be out of its mind to fall for that.

>Smile at the demon to confuse it!

You smile at the demon, hoping it would make it go wild as it seemed to have done previously.

And it works! The demon's eyes become red again and it leaps wildly toward your position.

You slam your shield across his face as you fall down to the stairs, firmly grasping your weapon and guiding it against the creature's chest.

The impact is powerful, and you see the blades of the trident jamming into the creature's chest.

That was a great hit! It must have felt that.
>>
No. 617251 ID: 673875
File 142012668492.jpg - (67.65KB , 700x500 , 02.jpg )
617251

Unfortunately, you also feel something.

The demon managed to stab your chest with its claw, and it hurts a lot.

You feel your ribs might have broken and a lung might have been stung.
>>
No. 617252 ID: 673875
File 142012680474.jpg - (48.17KB , 480x550 , 03.jpg )
617252

You don't have time to recover from the shock as the demon mauls your face with his stub.

You think you should be grateful that the thing it's missing its claws, or the hit would have probably ripped your head clean.

The hit is so powerful you blank out for a second.
>>
No. 617253 ID: 673875
File 142012697358.jpg - (91.09KB , 600x685 , 04.jpg )
617253

As you regain coscience, you see that the monster has pinned you down with its arm and legs.

Its giant maw opens.

It's going to eat you.

This is the end.
>>
No. 617254 ID: 673875
File 142012701529.jpg - (92.59KB , 600x685 , 05.jpg )
617254

*KTUNK*
>>
No. 617255 ID: 673875
File 142012706415.jpg - (96.69KB , 600x685 , 06.jpg )
617255

*KTUNK*
*KTUNK*
*KTUNK*
*KTUNK*
*KTUNK*
*KTUNK*
>>
No. 617256 ID: 673875
File 142012724877.jpg - (65.98KB , 600x550 , 07.jpg )
617256

Swabluff: Get away from him, you BASTARD!

The demon reels back and shrieks in pain.

It lets go of you and retreats quickly to the stairs that lead to the level below, the one where you start.

You are fighting to not choke on your own blood, even the slight movement is terribly painful for you.
>>
No. 617257 ID: 2ec61a

jam fork through bottom of it's face
>>
No. 617258 ID: b88e47

It has the amulet now.
>>
No. 617265 ID: dbe554

Healing potions! We need to nab a potion.
>>
No. 617273 ID: dd4ed3

>>617255
Pity none of those hit an eye.

>>617265
Yeah.

And then we need to stop it. You know where it's heading. There might still be something in that hatchery.
>>
No. 617294 ID: d90668

It might have the amulet but it does not have the Trident key. But we still need to move fast. No idea if there are other locks that might be opened by that necklace alone.
>>
No. 617430 ID: e607cd

>>617294
>trident key
might want to confirm that. I don't see it anywhere so far. There may be other tridents around though.
>>
No. 617442 ID: 687279

>>617430
It's the weapon we're using.
>>
No. 617456 ID: 734d68

>>617273
Could we have Framelock head it off from getting to the hatchery? either by posessing the doorway or the space in the necklace again, which begs the question what exactly happens when something is through a space Framelock's posess
>>
No. 617517 ID: 7f3bea
File 142023184534.jpg - (72.56KB , 600x660 , 01.jpg )
617517

>jam fork through bottom of it's face

You'd surely would do that if you weren't gasping for hair while your lung has a hole in it and if the demon was still there.

>Healing potions! We need to nab a potion.
>Yeah.

You try to grab the potions in your backpack but even the slightest movement hurts enough to make you lose senses.

Swabluff is right next to you, holding your head up and pouring a potion in your mouth.

S: Come on boy! Don't you die on me!

The liquid rushes through your throat and burns like lava for a second, but right after the horrible sensation you feel your body react. You feel your lungs filling with air and the hole closing, the ribs snap back to their original places and fuses back. Your skin and muscles heal.

You still feel a bit chilled and weakened, but all your wounds have healed.
Those healing potions are quite powerful!
>>
No. 617519 ID: 7f3bea
File 142023224152.jpg - (103.34KB , 800x600 , 02.jpg )
617519

>And then we need to stop it. You know where it's heading. There might still be something in that hatchery.

Swabluff helps you out

S: We were lucky enough, boy! Let's get out of here!

You tell him that the creature is looking to get into the hatchery, for what you get. And hell if you'll let anyone destroy more of your ancestors.

>It has the amulet now.

>It might have the amulet but it does not have the Trident key. But we still need to move fast. No idea if there are other locks that might be opened by that necklace alone.

>might want to confirm that. I don't see it anywhere so far. There may be other tridents around though.

This might mean that the Amulet is probably the actual key to the hatchery.
You ask Swabluff if he has seen the trident you were using.
He grabs it from the floor behind you and nod.

>Could we have Framelock head it off from getting to the hatchery? either by posessing the doorway or the space in the necklace again, which begs the question what exactly happens when something is through a space Framelock's posess

You remember how Gianni was paralyzed by fear just a few moments ago when you first faced the creature, but you ask anyway.

G: NO MAN, SORRY! NO! CAN'T DO! THAT THING WILL KILL ME! I'M FRAIL!

It lowers its eyes and sobs

G: I'M SORRY...
>>
No. 617521 ID: 7f3bea
File 142023259722.jpg - (54.61KB , 800x600 , 03.jpg )
617521

The demon has a large lead on you. You'll never manage to reach it by just following it.

You quickly think on possible solutions.

The meditation room!

There might be a passage or a way to the hatchery as you have theorized.

You tell Swabluff to follow you quickly and rush to the meditation room.

You almost trip on your feet while getting there, your head feelsing lighter. Probably an effect of the potion, but you pay no attention to it and continue.

The room is untouched. The demon didn't even look at this.

Now how can you test if there is an actual passage here?
>>
No. 617536 ID: dbe554

Well considering the cracks it might be prudent to check those, and that of the large circular thing in front of the meditation zone.
>>
No. 617537 ID: 687279

>>617521
Knock on the trap door. If it's hollow, that will demonstrate there's something below. Then you can turn the key and maybe use some bomb berries on the trap door to force it open instead of using the amulet to unlock it properly.

Ask Swabluff if he knows anything about demons. How can they be killed?
>>
No. 617710 ID: 4b52b1
File 142031584419.jpg - (87.00KB , 800x600 , 01.jpg )
617710

>Well considering the cracks it might be prudent to check those, and that of the large circular thing in front of the meditation zone.

>Knock on the trap door. If it's hollow, that will demonstrate there's something below.

The cracks in the floor where the roots have grown seems to lead nowhere, they are quite deep and the roots seem to come from somewhere deep.

The zone right in front of the altar sounds hollow. There must be a passage under this.

>Ask Swabluff if he knows anything about demons. How can they be killed?

You ask if demons have any weak points you can exploit. And if they can be killed

S: Demons that are currently living in this world are made of flesh and blood, just like us. They are just extremely tough. I didn't manage to get a good look at the bastard, but it looked like it had a skull mask. If they are similar to the Flamehounds, its weakest point should be its neck. If you manage to land a hit there, you might be able to down it."

You take a mental note about that and nod to him.
>>
No. 617712 ID: 4b52b1
File 142031593947.jpg - (34.04KB , 700x410 , 02.jpg )
617712

>Then you can turn the key and maybe use some bomb berries on the trap door to force it open instead of using the amulet to unlock it properly.

You try twisting the key first, but the trapdoor seems to not react to it.

You then decide to use the easy approach to it, and simply chuck the remaining blastberries onto the surface.
>>
No. 617715 ID: 4b52b1
File 142031604289.jpg - (52.38KB , 700x465 , 03.jpg )
617715

As the dust settles you are greeted by the sight of a chute, leading somewhere deeper. it looks rather long and even your light can't reach long enough to see the exit.

Now what to do?
>>
No. 617716 ID: 687279

>>617715
Use rope on shaft.
>>
No. 617717 ID: 4681a5

>>617715
Poke the spear in first, wave it about. Then send fire elemental in first.
>>
No. 617720 ID: a19cd5

Cannonball in, do a flip.
>>
No. 617726 ID: 2ec61a

tie rope to statue.
>>
No. 617727 ID: e607cd

fall in shield bouncy-shield first.
>>
No. 617783 ID: eebbcb

Use the rope
>>
No. 618306 ID: af3529
File 142048646078.jpg - (66.76KB , 600x630 , 01.jpg )
618306

>Poke the spear in first, wave it about. Then send fire elemental in first.

>Use rope on shaft.

>tie rope to statue.

>Use the rope

You and Swabluff firmly tie the rope around the statue.

You then proceed to descend, prodding the space under you with your spear while the elemental follows you.
>>
No. 618307 ID: af3529
File 142048669988.jpg - (61.41KB , 700x570 , 02b.jpg )
618307

As you reach halfway through the chute, you receive a call from Swabluff. You carefully grab the conch and ask what's going on

S: I... I don't think this place was built for people like me.

You ask him what does that mean.

S: It means i'm too fat to fit in this dumb chute! I gotta reach the place from the other way! Try to hold the demon off and we can fight it from two fronts!

You answer that you understand and proceed down.
>>
No. 618308 ID: af3529
File 142048690227.jpg - (80.53KB , 1055x700 , 02a.jpg )
618308

You reach the end of the chute, which opens to a really large underground lake. Right below you there is water.

>Cannonball in, do a flip.

>fall in shield bouncy-shield first.

You plunge into the cold water with all your acrobatic skills. Too bad no one was there to see that awesome dive.

As you emerge you take a better look at the lake. There is a large structure in the middle of it, shaped like half of an egg.
That must be the hatchery.

It seems that you managed to reach it before the demon.
>>
No. 618309 ID: 7d7f93

Check in the hatchery and get ready.
>>
No. 618310 ID: 687279

>>618308
Swim around to the front. Get a look-see at what's in the hatchery, then guard the door.
>>
No. 618312 ID: 2ec61a

try to apply slime to door.
>>
No. 618319 ID: 82c018

See if you can climb on top of the doorway; if you can jump down on the demon as it goes through that might give you some more leverage.
>>
No. 618320 ID: 687279

Oh, and put a healing potion or two on your belt so you can reach it if you get stabbed again.
>>
No. 618326 ID: af3529
File 142049314710.jpg - (92.50KB , 800x800 , 03.jpg )
618326

(sorry for the quick update, but it might give more ideas for plans/story, etc).

>See if you can climb on top of the doorway; if you can jump down on the demon as it goes through that might give you some more leverage.

From what you can see you can easily climb over the two statues. That would be a good spot for ambushing the monster

>try to apply slime to door.

You are sure you won't be able to apply slime to the door, So far it seems it can only cover things you are touching and it would probably not be enough to cover the door.

>Oh, and put a healing potion or two on your belt so you can reach it if you get stabbed again.

You wedge your healing potions inside your belt and tie them with a bit of cloth scrapped from the sack you received. hopefully they won't break.

>Check in the hatchery and get ready.

>Swim around to the front. Get a look-see at what's in the hatchery, then guard the door.

You reach the platform in the middle of the lake and take a good look to the hatchery.


...


...


Well this is definitifely not a ranidae egg...

It's sitting on top of a small well, filled with slime. The giant statue guarding it seems to be made of pure marble.
>>
No. 618337 ID: 89b2a2

>>618326
You're amphibious, demon probably isn't. Ideal situation would be to nab egg while it watches then dive into the water and force it to fight you there. You've got a trident and everything!

Seriously, though. What the hell is this?
>>
No. 618339 ID: 2ec61a

don't touch the egg until it's time to leave, could hatch at your touch.
>>
No. 618351 ID: 687279

>>618326
Take the egg. Hide it. Then ambush the demon from above as it comes through the door. Try to impale it in the neck.
>>
No. 618368 ID: d90668

If the statue is any indication it might be a water dragon egg. Am guessing your tribe was entrusted with protecting it.

Well if the egg has survived this long here its probably due to its nature or some magic on the shrine. If your efforts to fight the demon go badly grab it and flee to the water. Better to harm the egg a bit with jostling and temperature changes then let it get destroyed or stolen by a demon.

As for preparing you could climb above the door and drop down on the demon when it enters. Aiming your trident for its neck. You have water to land on both sides so if it threw you off the damage would be minimal.
>>
No. 618431 ID: 89b2a2

>>618326
the slime might be usable to grease the floor in front of the door
>>
No. 618433 ID: 734d68

>>618326
I feel like that "marble statue" might make a move if we try and steal the egg. That might be why the demon needed that amulet, still can we see if there's anything loose on the pedistel? Also, what is hanging above the statue ?
>>
No. 618893 ID: 1d275a
File 142074923028.jpg - (48.93KB , 580x465 , 01.jpg )
618893

>Seriously, though. What the hell is this?

Looks like a big marble statue of an amphibious creature.

>If the statue is any indication it might be a water dragon egg. Am guessing your tribe was entrusted with protecting it.

Weird. Never heard about that either. All you remember is the tales told by those adventurers and how Dragons have been really rare creatures to meet in centuries. You don't even know how a dragon looks like.

>I feel like that "marble statue" might make a move if we try and steal the egg. That might be why the demon needed that amulet, still can we see if there's anything loose on the pedistel? Also, what is hanging above the statue ?

It looks like a bigger version of the amulet, linked by three chains.
>>
No. 618897 ID: 1d275a
File 142074959111.jpg - (55.76KB , 700x485 , 02.jpg )
618897

>You're amphibious, demon probably isn't. Ideal situation would be to nab egg while it watches then dive into the water and force it to fight you there. You've got a trident and everything!

>don't touch the egg until it's time to leave, could hatch at your touch.

>Take the egg. Hide it. Then ambush the demon from above as it comes through the door. Try to impale it in the neck.

>As for preparing you could climb above the door and drop down on the demon when it enters. Aiming your trident for its neck. You have water to land on both sides so if it threw you off the damage would be minimal.

>the slime might be usable to grease the floor in front of the door

>I feel like that "marble statue" might make a move if we try and steal the egg. That might be why the demon needed that amulet, still can we see if there's anything loose on the pedistel?

After few seconds you start formulating your plan.
Since you don't know what would happen if you touch anything in the hatchery, you prefer to avoid doing so. Nothing looks loose or movable.

You try to stick a bit of your own slime on the floor, but as soon as you retract your hand the slime dissipates. It appears it can only cover you and your stuffs or that you need to mantain contact.

You climb over the statues and waits.

After a couple of minutes you hear the door opening and you see the creature entering. It seems it doesn't have the amulets with itself. That was definitively the key then.
>>
No. 618899 ID: 1d275a
File 142074970933.jpg - (84.13KB , 502x800 , 03.jpg )
618899

You attack from above, Trident pointed to the creature's neck
>>
No. 618900 ID: 1d275a
File 142074996565.jpg - (73.62KB , 600x632 , 04.jpg )
618900

And you land a good hit on the creature's back and neck! The monster reels back in pain and lets out a long terrible howl.

It starts to flail wildly, trying to get you off its back. The trident staff hits you in the eye and makes you lose balance for a moment.

Enough for the creature to shake you off.
>>
No. 618902 ID: 1d275a
File 142075011731.jpg - (43.90KB , 700x510 , 05.jpg )
618902

You land in the water right near the bridge.

The demon is howling in pain, but you see that it's still going toward the egg, ignoring you.

You need to think quickly. You lost your trident, still stuck in the creature's back.
>>
No. 618910 ID: 8f3b8c

jump out of the water behind him and shank him in the knees with both of your sharp objects.
>>
No. 618911 ID: fe4bfc

How fast can you move in the water?

I see two main options. You can come out behind him and try to attack it with your mace or you can go grab the egg and play keep away.

We know this thing is tough as nails so your mace will probably only slightly hurt it. You could try to break a leg so it falls in the water but if you fail its going to either get the egg or you.

Its a risk but I would go for grabbing the egg. If that thing reaches it's as good as dead. And you should be able to stay out of its reach in the water until Swabluff arrives to back you up.
>>
No. 618913 ID: 687279

>>618902
If you can get to the egg first, get it. If not, get your mace out, try to cripple its leg or something since it's ignoring you, and topple it into the water.
>>
No. 618940 ID: 8f01e8

You've got pretty good leg muscles for jumping and swimming, right? Don't try to injure the demon further directly, that's not going to be easy and you're short on time. It's distracted by the pain; use that.

Grab demon by the ankle with both hands, brace your feet against the edge of the walkway, and use every muscle in your body together to pull it off-balance. Once it's in the water, grapple to further delay or possibly drown the thing, but mostly try not to die before Swabluff gets here.

Consider preparing for the fight by transferring one of the healing potions to your mouth, without opening it, in such a way that you could pop the stopper with your tongue and thereby administer it to yourself hands-free.
>>
No. 618961 ID: 6c42b7

>>618910
better, cut the tendons behind the knees, that will make it impossible for him to walk!
>>
No. 619469 ID: 8f27ea

>>618940
Could you also use your slime sheild to knock it off balance? If it gets more than halfway across that walkway i'd grab that egg too. if you need to, grab it with a peice of cloth or something so it cant as easily break in your pouch.
>>
No. 619470 ID: 8f27ea

>>618940
Could you also use your slime sheild to knock it off balance? If it gets more than halfway across that walkway i'd grab that egg too. if you need to, grab it with a peice of cloth or something so it cant as easily break in your pouch.
>>
No. 619908 ID: a0f4bc
File 142109542023.jpg - (62.15KB , 600x700 , 01.jpg )
619908

>I see two main options. You can come out behind him and try to attack it with your mace or you can go grab the egg and play keep away. We know this thing is tough as nails so your mace will probably only slightly hurt it. You could try to break a leg so it falls in the water but if you fail its going to either get the egg or you.

>If you can get to the egg first, get it. If not, get your mace out, try to cripple its leg or something since it's ignoring you, and topple it into the water.

>You've got pretty good leg muscles for jumping and swimming, right? Don't try to injure the demon further directly, that's not going to be easy and you're short on time. It's distracted by the pain; use that.

You are quite a good swimmer, that's true. but the creature is still as fast as before. Slowing it down will help you get to the egg safely.

You grab your old trusty mace with two hands and you pop out of the water and aim to the creature's leg, putting all your strenght into it.

The impact is so powerful that the handle of the mace snaps in half. You do hear a cracking noise coming from the demon's leg though.
>>
No. 619909 ID: a0f4bc
File 142109562241.jpg - (78.69KB , 700x560 , 02.jpg )
619909

>Grab demon by the ankle with both hands, brace your feet against the edge of the walkway, and use every muscle in your body together to pull it off-balance. Once it's in the water, grapple to further delay or possibly drown the thing,

>better, cut the tendons behind the knees, that will make it impossible for him to walk!

>Could you also use your slime sheild to knock it off balance?

The slime on your shield is still a mistery to you, so you don't really know what'll happen if you use the slime to attack.

You grab the demon's foott and pull, sending it out of balance while stabbing it with your knife. Blood sprinkles from the wound, as the demon falls on the platform. It's too heavy for you to pull it down completely so you decide to use this advantage to go grab the egg.
>>
No. 619910 ID: a0f4bc
File 142109570476.gif - (441.92KB , 500x500 , 03.gif )
619910

You quickly cover the distance to the egg.

No real time to get clothes or other things.

You grab the egg with your left hand.

[image is "animated"]
>>
No. 619911 ID: a0f4bc
File 142109581227.jpg - (69.15KB , 600x635 , trippy.jpg )
619911

WOW!

That was trippy...

At least now you have the egg.

You feel lightheaded, but you still manage to hear the demon roaring behind you.
>>
No. 619912 ID: 8339bb

DIVE!
>>
No. 619914 ID: dccc95

Gtfo
>>
No. 619916 ID: 8ca0d0

yeah seriously go dive and hide

can you guys breathe underwater? I forget.
>>
No. 619923 ID: 687279

>>619911
Get in the water. The demon does not look like it has good limbs for swimming so you should be able to evade it until Swabluff comes around to help.
>>
No. 619929 ID: d90668

Cradle the egg and jump in the water quick and move out as far as you can. Want to get far out enough so that it can not just jump on you.
>>
No. 619990 ID: 8f01e8

In the water behind you, or back up on the pathway? If it's on the path, mobile, and seems to be going for the egg, then yes get in the water and try to keep it from cornering you. If it's still thrashing around inefficiently in water up to it's neck, go for the exit. You'll meet Swabluff on the way up.
>>
No. 620376 ID: 728b72
File 142126658570.jpg - (63.75KB , 472x640 , 01.jpg )
620376

>In the water behind you, or back up on the pathway? If it's on the path, mobile, and seems to be going for the egg, then yes get in the water and try to keep it from cornering you. If it's still thrashing around inefficiently in water up to it's neck, go for the exit. You'll meet Swabluff on the way up.

The demon it's lying on the platform. It roared because it's pulling out the trident from its back. Looks like the only way is in the water.

>Consider preparing for the fight by transferring one of the healing potions to your mouth, without opening it, in such a way that you could pop the stopper with your tongue and thereby administer it to yourself hands-free.

You grab your remaining healing potion and grasp it firmly with your tongue against your teeth. The demon is now reeling back its arm, armed with your own trident.

>DIVE!

>Gtfo

>yeah seriously go dive and hide

>Get in the water. The demon does not look like it has good limbs for swimming so you should be able to evade it until Swabluff comes around to help.

>Cradle the egg and jump in the water quick and move out as far as you can. Want to get far out enough so that it can not just jump on you.

You dive into the cold water as the demon throws the trident toward you. You avoided the clumsy attack and you immediately cover the egg whit the slime of your bracelet. hopefully that will avoid it getting cracked due to impacts.
>>
No. 620377 ID: 728b72
File 142126685065.jpg - (44.74KB , 640x700 , 02.jpg )
620377

>can you guys breathe underwater? I forget.

Your race is able to breath underwater with the same ease as you breath on the ground.

You hope that the demon isn't able to do the same.

And you immediately regret thinking that as the demon plummet into the water.

Looks like it can breath underwater, but its missing arm and wounded leg are seriously impairing its ability to swim. You are faster and nimbler, easily avoiding and distancing it.

As you look around, you seem to not find any place you can use to hide unerwater, the bottom of this lake is completely clear and devoided of rocks.

You wonder how much you can keep up and where are Swabluff and Gianni.
>>
No. 620379 ID: 8f27ea

>>620377
Lead it down to the bottom and use your speed to get back up there and retrieve the spear. If you're up to it, dive back in (away from the demon if possible) and deal some more damage to the demon, if not, just book it out of there since you got what you came for.
>>
No. 620386 ID: 687279

>>620377
Circle around, retrieve the spear, then fight defensively, retreating towards the entrance at will. Don't try to kill it until the others arrive.
>>
No. 620392 ID: 2f4b71

It doesn't look it it could float too well, being mostly bone and dense muscle. Probably swims up no faster than it can swim down. Lead it as deep as you can get, then make a break for the surface.
>>
No. 620396 ID: d90668

Well if you can retrieve the trident this would be the perfect environment to attack it in.

Even with its crazy strength unless it grabs you it cant hit you that hard. While a trident is perfect for underwater attacks.

That or slowly circle the room until backup arrives.

The problem with either plan is that I bet you will tire out before it does. So you do want to hurt it more before you get exhausted.
>>
No. 620411 ID: 8f01e8

If you can get back outside the door, trident in hand, you might be able to lock the demon in here.
>>
No. 621766 ID: 65ade6

>>620377
Keep your distance until your support arrives. There is no benefit to engaging right now, as long as your stamina hold out.
>>
No. 621936 ID: 5aa79a
File 142210144007.jpg - (47.19KB , 600x600 , 01.jpg )
621936

>Lead it down to the bottom and use your speed to get back up there and retrieve the spear. If you're up to it, dive back in (away from the demon if possible) and deal some more damage to the demon, if not, just book it out of there since you got what you came for.

>It doesn't look it it could float too well, being mostly bone and dense muscle. Probably swims up no faster than it can swim down. Lead it as deep as you can get, then make a break for the surface.

>Keep your distance until your support arrives. There is no benefit to engaging right now, as long as your stamina hold out.

Even if you are easily avoiding him underwater, you know that your own stamina is not unlimited. Being disarmed also doesn't help.

You lead the creature down to the bottom of the lake, where he lands heavily. You immediately sprint back to the surface, leaving it dumbfounded by your speed.
>>
No. 621938 ID: 5aa79a
File 142210168416.jpg - (78.93KB , 751x600 , 02.jpg )
621938

>Well if you can retrieve the trident this would be the perfect environment to attack it in. Even with its crazy strength unless it grabs you it cant hit you that hard. While a trident is perfect for underwater attacks. That or slowly circle the room until backup arrives. The problem with either plan is that I bet you will tire out before it does. So you do want to hurt it more before you get exhausted.

>Circle around, retrieve the spear, then fight defensively, retreating towards the entrance at will. Don't try to kill it until the others arrive.

You grab your trident back from the altar. You do feel almost exhausted, it's unprobable that you'll be able to keep going like this for too long, and you don't know how much it will take for Swabluff and Gianni to get here to help. You also need to protect the egg, even with the slime cover you fear for its safety.

>If you can get back outside the door, trident in hand, you might be able to lock the demon in here.

That's probably the best idea. The monster shouldn't be able to reach the surface before you have left. It'll be trapped down here forever!

You sprint toward the exit.
>>
No. 621939 ID: 5aa79a
File 142210186471.jpg - (96.61KB , 610x720 , 03.jpg )
621939

As you almost reach the exit, the bridge under your feet explode, while the monster pops out of it roaring.

The surprise make you stumble for a moment and you get hit by the debris in the chest and face, making you fall flat on your own frog ass.

The monster pulls itself up with its broken arm and raises its other arm, preparing to strike you down.
>>
No. 621940 ID: 5aa79a
File 142210191990.jpg - (51.37KB , 600x550 , 04.jpg )
621940

a whistling sounds cover the sound of the debris falling down, as a bolas wrap against the monster's arm and...
>>
No. 621941 ID: 5aa79a
File 142210209119.jpg - (40.31KB , 620x600 , 05.jpg )
621941

The monster's arm falls off while the screaming face of Gianni appears in the frame created by the bolas

G: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

S: HIT THAT FUCKER NOW, BOY!

Reinforcement have arrived!

You are still laying on the floor, your chest is hurting like crazy due to the rock hitting it and your head is spinning. You however managed to keep the egg covered in slime and held your trident.
>>
No. 621942 ID: 6c42b7

>>621941
Geat a hold of yourself and impale the fucker's chest!, still mind his huge maw!
>>
No. 621944 ID: 1b70ef

>>621941
KEY HIM!
As in, thrust the trident into his chest... then twist.
>>
No. 621964 ID: a18f15

Hahaha, yes. You can use a framelock for a portal cut. Nice.

Use your trident. Finish this. Impale the ancient destroyer of your people.
>>
No. 621987 ID: d45ea1

Into the throat! Grab the speartip from your belt, jump up on those freaky frog legs and shove it into his throat, up into his head!
>>
No. 622002 ID: 8bd2b1

>>621987
This is the one.
>>
No. 622010 ID: d958ad

>>621941
The NECK is the weak point.
>>
No. 622288 ID: 364d0f

>>621987
This is a good idea. Changing my vote to this!
Easiest way to do so is to raise the trident and brace it against the floor as the beast drops on you. Aim for the jugular!
>>
No. 622510 ID: 8f01e8

Trident to the neck, and try to avoid falling on the egg when you collapse from exhaustion.
>>
No. 622673 ID: 0ea339
File 142247972816.jpg - (71.74KB , 724x600 , 01.jpg )
622673

>Get a hold of yourself and impale the fucker's chest!, still mind his huge maw!

>Use your trident. Finish this. Impale the ancient destroyer of your people.

>Into the throat! Grab the speartip from your belt, jump up on those freaky frog legs and shove it into his throat, up into his head!

>The NECK is the weak point.

>Easiest way to do so is to raise the trident and brace it against the floor as the beast drops on you. Aim for the jugular!

>Trident to the neck

You quickly use Gianni's distraction to chug the potion's content.

And right after an idea pops in your head.

You whip your tongue out and smash the little glass container in the monster's eye. hitting it fair and square, the monster freezes for the surprise and the improvise pain.
>>
No. 622674 ID: 0ea339
File 142247989834.jpg - (90.26KB , 800x570 , 02.jpg )
622674

You muster all your remaining strength and jab the trident in the creature's neck. Burying the blades deeper and deeper.

The creature tries to scream, but only manages to wheeze and choke on its own blood.

You push even more, and you see the horrid creature's eyes losing brightness and its body go limp.
>>
No. 622675 ID: 0ea339
File 142248014260.jpg - (60.23KB , 600x620 , 03.jpg )
622675

The monster is dead.

Finally.

And you are completely out of stamina and strenght

>and try to avoid falling on the egg when you collapse from exhaustion.

You manage to fall on your right side, making sure that the egg is still intact right before losing consciousness.
>>
No. 622677 ID: 0ea339
File 142248023116.jpg - (73.61KB , 700x600 , 04.jpg )
622677

???: I must say, that was impressive, Wielder of the Trident

what.
>>
No. 622678 ID: 6cb462

PET IT!
>>
No. 622682 ID: d958ad

>>622677
Was it? All you did was skewer a literally-disarmed opponent.

Ask who they are, and why the demon seemed to want their egg so much. Oh, and what this place is, exactly. It seemed to have Ranidae living in it, but you'd never heard of Ranidae with such an advanced civilization.
>>
No. 622687 ID: 88960e

...I've never met an egg that talked. Usually kids take a good while after they're born to start.

Usual questions. Ask who or what the egg-Dragon is, what that monster was, why it wanted it so bad, what the heck is going on.
>>
No. 622704 ID: dbe554

Oh it's adorable!

How long has it been here, why was this egg so venerated, what happened?
>>
No. 622713 ID: e607cd

>>622682
>Was it? All you did was skewer a literally-disarmed opponent.
Nah, nah. The tongue thing was pretty impressive. Also that whole "disarming" it part was kind of clever.

Not to mention the bit where a couple under-equipped adventurers succeeded where a small army of guardians once failed.
>>
No. 622715 ID: b88e47

Pet thing.
>>
No. 622786 ID: e9ec23
File 142256343211.jpg - (50.70KB , 620x500 , 01.jpg )
622786

>PET IT!

>Oh it's adorable!

>Pet thing.

You reach the thing's head with your hand and start petting it

???: Kyuuuuu~
>>
No. 622787 ID: e9ec23
File 142256365076.jpg - (64.91KB , 680x540 , 02.jpg )
622787

???: WOAH! HEY! STOP IT! How dare you touch the great S'shi'mh's head! That's not the way to treat your future queen!
>>
No. 622790 ID: a7ed67

Wait WHAT?
Future Queen?
oh god, we´re gonna have to explain the current state of our race, there´s no way thats gonna end well
>>
No. 622791 ID: e9ec23
File 142256441483.jpg - (67.48KB , 600x800 , 03.jpg )
622791

>Ask who they are, and why the demon seemed to want their egg so much. Oh, and what this place is, exactly. It seemed to have Ranidae living in it, but you'd never heard of Ranidae with such an advanced civilization.

>Usual questions. Ask who or what the egg-Dragon is, what that monster was, why it wanted it so bad, what the heck is going on.

>How long has it been here, why was this egg so venerated, what happened?

You start questioning the weird creature

S'shi'mh: What? Has the previous Wielder taught you nothing?

You explain the situation to her, telling how you ended up in the dungeon and how it looked abandoned for a long time.

S'shi'mh: Oh... well that explains why no one has showed up in the hatchery for all this time...
My mother built this temple so that i could grow strong enough to hatch. She is one of the most powerful water dragon in this realm. We dragons do not follow the usual mortal rules. Our spirit and mind grows stronger way before our bodies. Mother wanted me to gain all the knowledge i needed before the priest could start the ritual that will let my egg hatch

You stop her asking to explain better what she meant by letting the egg hatch. Shouldn't that be come natural?
>>
No. 622793 ID: e9ec23
File 142256524867.jpg - (72.30KB , 650x600 , 04.jpg )
622793

S'shi'mh: Didn't you pay attention when i said that we dragons do not follow the natural cycle? We can either choose to let our spirit grow or our body hatch normally. by doing the latter we risk to lose the connection to the great spiritual cycle and even worse we might let our mind regress to an animal state. Such is the burden of our power. Your race and my race has been linked together since the dawn of time. My ancestor taught your race all they know, especially the manipulation of water magic and slime magic.

I know this thanks to the linked meditation period i had with the previous Wielder. He and the priests are tasked of teaching me everything i need and make sure that my spirit grows stronger and stronger. They haven't showed up in while though. The last i remember was feeling one of the priest closing the door of my hatchery. And then you bursted in and fought that demon. Not going to lie, that was a nice distraction. But i'm officially ready to hatch now. Summon the other priests and prepare the ritual.

>oh god, we´re gonna have to explain the current state of our race, there´s no way thats gonna end well

You try to sugarcoat as much as you can the situation. How your race has been living in the swamp since your tribe can remember, that you have never heard of water dragons nor about the temples built by your own race. And in particular that you have no idea about any kind of ritual

She doesn't seem to take the news really well

S'shi'mh: WHAT?! ARE YOU JOKING? HOW MANY YEARS HAVE BEEN PASSED SINCE THE DOOR OF THE HATCHERY WAS CLOSED?

You shrug and tell her that it's probably more than a century. Maybe even more for all you know.

S'shi'mh: For the love of the water spirits, what the hell happened... what am i going to do now... I don't want to be an egg forever
>>
No. 622795 ID: 89b2a2

>>622793
"Given the demon, I'm gonna guess an outright demon attack. You may be the last water dragon left alive. Well."

"Do you know how to do the ritual? Or where that information might be?"

also loot
>>
No. 622798 ID: 88960e

Um. I don't suppose other priests could help? There must be a lot of priests out there. Or... Other dragons? Although that's scarier to contemplate visiting.

Or do you know anything about the ritual? Could you teach someone?

Failing that, I guess we have a quest. To try and hatch a water dragon. You are an adventurer, now. That's what adventurers do, right, quests?
>>
No. 622799 ID: 27c0e0

I see, that's all very incredible.


Pat it on the head again.
>>
No. 622803 ID: d958ad

>>622793
Tell her you may be able to find records of how the ritual was performed. You haven't fully explored the dungeon, after all. If not, maybe there is another temple somewhere?
>>
No. 622806 ID: 9ddf68

well we'll have to ask Swabluff what he knows when we regain conciseness
>>
No. 622808 ID: 8f01e8

Alright, dragon... do you know enough to be able to initiate somebody as a priest yourself, and/or teach them how to do the hatching ritual? If so, that could save a lot of time. Any information about the layout of this place at all, really.

Also, is resurrection magic a thing in this setting? Bringing some of those who fell defending this place back to life would be another handy shortcut, possibly.
>>
No. 622846 ID: 585e95

we should try and find out why the demon was after the dragon egg. knowing its motive might shed some light on the situation.
>>
No. 622874 ID: 7542cc
File 142265165416.jpg - (56.32KB , 600x600 , 01.jpg )
622874

>Pat it on the head again.

You reach your hand again to the dragon's head, trying to comfort her, but she reply with a cold glare. You decide to not pursue the petting anymore.

>also loot

That... might be kinda difficult. You seem to be floating in an empty space, you don't even have your equipment on.

You ask the dragon where exactly you are.

S'shi'mh: This is the mindlink. It's a spiritual place where our spirit can meet and talk to each other.
>>
No. 622876 ID: 7542cc
File 142265265133.jpg - (62.48KB , 800x489 , 02.jpg )
622876

>"Given the demon, I'm gonna guess an outright demon attack. You may be the last water dragon left alive. Well."

>we should try and find out why the demon was after the dragon egg. knowing its motive might shed some light on the situation.

You start asking S'shi'mh if she knows anything about demon attacks or why would that monster was aiming for her egg in particular.

S'shi'mh: I have no idea. From what the Wielder told me demons are horrid creatures that are essentially made of evil spirits. They either find way to become material by sheer willpower or they are brought in this world with magical stones that bind flesh of other creatures and shape them into their own forms. He told me that they aren't particularly intelligent and they should not be capable of complex plan of attacks. I doubt they are powerful enough to even fight my race.

>Um. I don't suppose other priests could help? There must be a lot of priests out there. Or... Other dragons? Although that's scarier to contemplate visiting.

S'shi'mh: Well... i guess. I know for sure i'm not the only egg that was laid in this world and other dragons might know of the process. Or their servants.

>Or do you know anything about the ritual? Could you teach someone?

>Alright, dragon... do you know enough to be able to initiate somebody as a priest yourself, and/or teach them how to do the hatching ritual? If so, that could save a lot of time. Any information about the layout of this place at all, really.

S'shi'mh: No, i do not know how it works. It wasn't my job or my duty to know. All i have to do is gather strenght, power and wisdom. Enough to be ready to hatch. The rest was my mother's servants duty. I spent almost all my life in this hatchery. The only one allowed in here was the Wielder. I don't even know how the outside world look.

>Tell her you may be able to find records of how the ritual was performed. You haven't fully explored the dungeon, after all. If not, maybe there is another temple somewhere?

>well we'll have to ask Swabluff what he knows when we regain consciousness

You try to comfort the little creature by telling you'll do whatever is in your power to make her hatch. You tell her that you know a person with a lot of experience and knowledge and that he might help with this.

The little dragon seems to cheer up a bit.

S'shi'mh: I am in your hands, Wielder of the Trident. May our races prosper together.

>Also, is resurrection magic a thing in this setting? Bringing some of those who fell defending this place back to life would be another handy shortcut, possibly.

You are not really knowleadgeable about magic, but you are rather sure that resurrection magic might not exist or might be an extremely powerful and rare branch. You have been always taught that no one should ever dabble with life and death.
>>
No. 622877 ID: 7542cc
File 142265294056.jpg - (63.33KB , 848x600 , 03.jpg )
622877

The dragon starts shaking her tiny paws and your vision turns blurry.

After a couple of seconds you finally regain consciousness.
Swabluff is sitting in front of you, in front of a little campfire. Your back is resting on a statue.

Swabluff: Oh hey, you finally woke up.

You try and adjust yourself so you can get up and closer to the fire. But something seems to block your movements.
>>
No. 622878 ID: 7542cc
File 142265301685.jpg - (57.56KB , 500x580 , 04.jpg )
622878

That something seems to be a good amount of rope tied over you.
And a knife, stuck in the middle of your chest.
>>
No. 622880 ID: d958ad

>>622878
Ask why you are tied up, and what's with the knife. There's no blood so this must be some weird magic item. (it's the healing knife obviously)

Where's the egg?
>>
No. 622883 ID: 88960e

Don't panic, it's a healing shiv!

Um, thanks for getting there in time to help with the demon. Why am I tied up?
>>
No. 622886 ID: 89b2a2

>>622878
"I feel like this should hurt more than it does."
>>
No. 622887 ID: 01745f

We aren't dead and he isn't gone with all the loot, so that rules out most betrayals. Ask if we were convulsing or something.
>>
No. 622889 ID: b45079

>>622878
Demonism is not contagious, is it?
>>
No. 622911 ID: 3c17ca

>>622877
what is this big fuzzy thing behind us?
>>
No. 622922 ID: 696535

>>622911
That would be a rock covered in moss.
>>
No. 622925 ID: 9ddf68

>>622878
"ok... Do I have to ask the question or can we just skip that part and you start telling me what the hell is this?"

Also what kind of dagger is this?
>>
No. 622957 ID: 6cb462

Ask if our good friend Gianni is alright.
>>
No. 622962 ID: 585e95

>>622925
this sounds like about the right tone.

alos looking at Swabluffs sheet he has a magical healing dagger, he probably tied us up because he has had people see the dagger make assumptions and try to kill him in the past.
>>
No. 622970 ID: b6178d

I agree with the 'don't panic' comments. I disagree with their general assessment of the situation.

It strikes me that Swabluff seems to have done an awful little cartographing so far, demon business aside. It strikes me he seemed a little well prepared and a little too eager to hire some unknown novice adventurer no-one else would touch. It strikes me he seems to have been far more knowledgeable about your culture than the norm in regards to, oh, certain naming conventions it has.

It strikes me he might never have been your friend, and that he knew this was a ranidae dungeon and that he needed a ranidae stooge to find a way to help him break through the front door. Someone who would 'trigger' the outside device to enter the dungeon, and could open the door from the inside, maybe, hmmm?

As all that strikes me, I wonder if it's at all a good idea to have a needle-like dagger filled with what seems to be demon blood, or some manner of poison, stuck in your chest while you can do almost nothing to remove it.

For the love of goodness, the guy's called himself SwaBLUFF 'youcantrustme' McBLUFF.

So, right about now you should totes try to get in mental touch with your little dragonliege and wonder to her whether she knows any purifying magics and slippery slime spells so you can get out of the bind you find yourself in. If unable to do that at the moment, you should at least try to consider the most relevant questions of the hour.

Why DID he bind you up and stick you with the dagger? What does Swabluff want with all this? What's in the dagger, coating it? Why have you been left alive, for now?

I may be paranoid, but for crying out loud he called himself the equivalent of BLUFFY 'trustme' McBLUFFINGTON.
>>
No. 622981 ID: b88e47

Ask him what is up.
>>
No. 622985 ID: dbe554

>>622970

The problem is he hasn't exactly known much, if anything about the culture at all, none of the naming conventions, and the cartography comes to the point where most of his time was locked outside while there was a potential demon inside.

He hasn't exactly had much time to do anything at all really.
>>
No. 623020 ID: b6178d

>>622985

That's fair. I also misread the 'my homeland' thing as 'the ranidae part of the kingdom' instead of 'the entire kingdom' in reference to nicknames being earned unironically.

I agree with should give him a chance to explain, but... well, as I said. Paranoid. Green demon blood + green dagger goop + BLUFF BLUFFY McBLUFFINGTON = leaping to conclusions.
>>
No. 623138 ID: 400f27
File 142282410202.jpg - (88.21KB , 750x600 , 01.jpg )
623138

>Ask why you are tied up, and what's with the knife. There's no blood so this must be some weird magic item

>Don't panic.Um, thanks for getting there in time to help with the demon. Why am I tied up?

>"I feel like this should hurt more than it does."

>We aren't dead and he isn't gone with all the loot, so that rules out most betrayals. Ask if we were convulsing or something.

>"ok... Do I have to ask the question or can we just skip that part and you start telling me what the hell is this?"

>Ask him what is up.

You decide to not panic. That there is probably a logic answer. And you decide to ask Swabluff to give you one.

Swabluff: "You better not move too much boy. After you fainted i had time to check the demon."

He pulls out a large book from his backpack and opens it on a page showing a picture that looks like the demon you just fought

Swabluff: "That was a Fetcher Demon. An horrid relentless assassin. Their soul are born from the bitterness of liars and killers that were betrayed. They produce a really powerful toxin that coats their claw. A single drop is strong enough to usually put a person out of consciousness."

Well that might explain the dizzyness you felt.

Swabluff: "I am actually surprised you even managed to not only move, but even manage to still fight. You must have the spirit of a true adventurer, boy."

You point out that he still hasn't explained why there is a dagger stuck in your chest and why you are tied up.

Swabluff: "OH! Yeah. That's the magical dagger of Kitekura. It's a magical healing dagger that is able to drain all the poison from a body. The process takes a while, and i had to tie you up because i was afraid you'd pull it out or had convulsion and remove it. Right now it's still extracting the remains of the demon's poison. Good thing you passed out for eight hours straight, at least you didn't have to get bored"
>>
No. 623139 ID: 400f27
File 142282435265.jpg - (78.07KB , 749x600 , 02.jpg )
623139

>Ask if our good friend Gianni is alright.

>Where's the egg?

You start looking around the room and ask Swabluff where Gianni and the egg are, and if they are fine.

Swabluff moves a bit and points to your left.

Swabluff: "Your Framelock friend was adamant about the fact that no one should touck your stuff and that he was going to guard it till you'd wake up. It seems to have taken a like to you. He hasn't let go of that petrified dragon egg for a single moment."
>>
No. 623140 ID: 5dae7c

>>623138
"I thought it would something like that."
Mention that you actually weren’t simply passed out but that you were communing with the dragon egg. He doesn’t conveniently know the location of any helpful adult dragons, does he?
>>
No. 623144 ID: 400f27
File 142282565882.jpg - (60.58KB , 620x600 , 03.jpg )
623144

>It strikes me that Swabluff seems to have done an awful little cartographing so far, demon business aside. It strikes me he seemed a little well prepared and a little too eager to hire some unknown novice adventurer no-one else would touch.

As you are looking to gianni hugging the egg, a weird tought crosses your mind.

You ask Swabluff a single question.

Why did he pick you out of all the possible adventurers. You know you have seen other veterans or at least capable people in the village.

Swabluff: "Oh, you figured out i see"

His face turn from a smile to a concerned look.

Swabluff: "I'm sorry boy. I haven't been completely honest with you. I knew this dungeon belonged to your race.
It's not the first time i have seen one. And when one of my employee report told me that a ranidae walked out of their swamps and started living in the village of Bluemoat i had to seize the moment.
No one has ever been able to enter into one of these dungeons. They must be ripe with history and knowledge. I always imagined your races decided to retreat into the swamps due to something horrible or for the darkest reasons. I didn't tell you about that because i was afraid you would have forbidden me. But apparently you have no memory or knowledge of this place, so i imagine your race has forgot about these places as well."

He takes a break and points to Gianni

Swabluff: "And what we found here is probably greater than both of us! Look! Your race was linked to the ancient water dragons! That petrified dragon egg is a proof of your ancient lineage!"

He stops again and look at you with a mortified look in his eyes

Swabluff: "But i swear to you. I had no idea a demon was lingering in this place. And i will never give myself peace to have made you risk your life like that. I promise, Flycatcher Vattelapeska, that i will make up with you in any way i can"
>>
No. 623145 ID: 6037f2

"Well, do you know how to hatch dragon eggs? Because that thing´s still alive and kicking. We need a ritual to hatch it and you´re kinda knowledgable about those things."
>>
No. 623148 ID: d958ad

>>623144
Tell him you can make it up to you by helping you find more of these temples, and restoring your race and the race of water dragons to their former glory.
>>
No. 623149 ID: 9ddf68

huh... how long does it take before we can take the dagger out? Also who's idea was it to make a healing dagger? It sounds more like something made as a joke then anything practical.

But yeah ask what he found since you where out. Also what does he know about dragons in general. I mean if we're going to be stuck here till the dagger has drained all the venom might as well start killing time. wait, is the dagger draining out the venom or putting anti-venom in?
>>
No. 623150 ID: 7d265e

>But i swear to you. I had no idea a demon was lingering in this place. And i will never give myself peace to have made you risk your life like that.
It's okay. You didn't do it on on purpose, and any escort or protection gig comes with the risk that you might run into something more than you can handle, or worse than you expect.

Plus hey, you could have run but instead you saved my hide.

>petrified dragon egg
Tell him that unless it was just demon blood fever dreams, you don't think the egg is a fossil. There's a little dragon in there wondering why no one ever preformed the ritual that to wake it up.

...and the fact the demon was really trying to get to the egg kind of supports that. No point in trying to assassinate something that's already dead.
>>
No. 623157 ID: 6cb462

Maybe now we can sell some of the things we collected to Swabluff, like those pearls we've been hanging on to.
>>
No. 623249 ID: 89b2a2

>>623144
dragon talked to me while I was passed out, ain't dead. demon was trying to kill it or something.

apparently the water dragons were our... rulers? In this weird mutually beneficial relationship. Despite the slight deception, you've been nothing but truthful otherwise, and a great help Swabluff. I have no doubt other dungeons of similar nature have great rewards... and lingering demons.
>>
No. 623652 ID: b6178d

>>623144

So, wait, there are MORE dungeons like this one? This... this actually sounds like the beginnings of a very interesting, and potentially profitable, partnership.

Swabluff gets to chart dungeons no-one has been in for centuries, and you get to try to find more information on the process of hatching your little dragon friend.

And we're not even done exploring this dungeon, yet. Wasn't there a ring, somewhere?
>>
No. 623658 ID: ade8ba
File 142316908048.jpg - (47.28KB , 600x570 , 01of3.jpg )
623658

>It's okay. You didn't do it on on purpose, and any escort or protection gig comes with the risk that you might run into something more than you can handle, or worse than you expect. Plus hey, you could have run but instead you saved my hid

Swabluff smiles and chuckles: "That's the least i could do"

>"I thought it would something like that."

>huh... how long does it take before we can take the dagger out? Also who's idea was it to make a healing dagger? It sounds more like something made as a joke then anything practical.

Swabluff: "Kitekura was a weird guy. Kind of a dick, to be honest. he was known to be one of the greatest healer in the world, but he also really disliked people. He swore like any other healing to help everyone, but he decided to also have fun with it. So he created horrible tools to scare people. You should see what i have at home. A horrible mask with needles and saws that is able to repair any damage in your face. The thing is so scary and freaky that i didn't even want to try it when i lost my eye hahahahah! ANYWAY! The dagger is extracting all the poison at the moment. The only real problem is that you moved a lot after you were stabbed so it had time to move all around your body. It should not take much more than an hour still i think."

>But yeah ask what he found since you where out.

Swabluff: "Not much to be honest. I searched for the entire dungeon and all you might have missed was the entrance where a giant blob of slime was blocking the entrance. Fortunately your friend Gianni managed to remove it and we were close enough to come to your aid. For the rest the dungeon doesn't seem to have anything of interest. There are no books or runes aside the ones in this room and Gianni told me you already saw those."

>"Well, do you know how to hatch dragon eggs? Because that thing´s still alive and kicking. We need a ritual to hatch it and you´re kinda knowledgable about those things."

Swabluff stops for a second, staring at you like you just said the weirdest thing possible

Swabluff: "W-what did you say, boy?"
>>
No. 623662 ID: ade8ba
File 142316983258.jpg - (78.71KB , 600x937 , 02of3.jpg )
623662

>Mention that you actually weren’t simply passed out but that you were communing with the dragon egg. He doesn’t conveniently know the location of any helpful adult dragons, does he?

>Tell him that unless it was just demon blood fever dreams, you don't think the egg is a fossil. There's a little dragon in there wondering why no one ever preformed the ritual that to wake it up. ...and the fact the demon was really trying to get to the egg kind of supports that. No point in trying to assassinate something that's already dead.

>dragon talked to me while I was passed out, ain't dead. demon was trying to kill it or something. Apparently the water dragons were our... rulers? In this weird mutually beneficial relationship. Despite the slight deception, you've been nothing but truthful otherwise, and a great help Swabluff. I have no doubt other dungeons of similar nature have great rewards... and lingering demons.

>Tell him you can make it up to you by helping you find more of these temples, and restoring your race and the race of water dragons to their former glory.

As you start explaining all the situation the expression on Swabluff's face passes from complete surprise to curiositi to concern.

After you finish explaining and asking for his help, he takes a long pause.

Swabluff: "At first i thought you were either trying to joke or that the poison might have given you fever dreams too. But. You really don't strike me as a person with a sense of humor, no offense. And as you point out, yeah. The demon was aiming for the egg. So this mean... Inside the egg lays a real dragon..."

"Flicatcher... Listen... There hasn't been a dragon sighting in over 9 centuries. They suddenly disappeared long time ago. They were incredible creatures. From ancient ruins and statues we know that there were a lot of different races of dragons. Each one of them linked to either an element or a specific magic. Their history is clad in mistery, we just found out that your race was linked to them so who knows what else might have happened in those ages."

"And getting to the point. No, i have no idea how you could hatch a dragon. I doubt no one might know. BUT! As i told you before, i know the locations of other Ranidae dungeons. My best shot is that you might find your answers there."

You agree. That's clearly the best place to start.

Swabluff: "But it's probably dangerous to go alone. Let's head back to town. I'll see what i can do to help you out."

>Maybe now we can sell some of the things we collected to Swabluff, like those pearls we've been hanging on to.

You tell him you also need to probably sell what you found in the dungeon.

He tells you that you two can take care of that as soon as you get to town.
>>
No. 623663 ID: ade8ba
File 142317020937.jpg - (79.89KB , 667x600 , 030f3.jpg )
623663

You spend the night making camp inside the dungeon.

The morning after you, Swabluff and Gianni pack up and start going back to town.

During the entire trip Swabluff remains quiet, pondering on what knows what, while Gianni seems to be unable to stay still as he keeps turning around and around, enjoying the outside world after being stuck for years in the dungeon.

This leaves you with your own thoughts. This was surely an interesting beginning for your adventuring career. You started only few weeks ago and you already discovered ancient secrets of your own race, rescued the probably last living dragon in the world and killed a demon.

Sure, you almost died. But all in all this surely is a great start for your new life.

You keep walking, wondering what the future will bring you.


[END OF CHAPTER 01]
>>
No. 623664 ID: 88960e

All right. Thank him for the help. Guess we've got a quest.

Hmm. If no one's seen a dragon in centuries, maybe we should be careful who we tell what we've got.
>>
No. 623670 ID: d958ad

>>623663
I hope we find more eggs! I hope we find leads to where other types of dragon eggs might be, too. Maybe we can bring back all of them! Dragons for everyone!
>>
No. 623675 ID: 5d2f8c

> I hope we find leads to where other types of dragon eggs might be

Quest 'pet all the dragons' is go!
>>
No. 623685 ID: 9ddf68

I really hope that S'shi'mh knows about other dragons then just water dragons. Might be able to help us peace things together about what happened to them or at least where we'd likely be able to find where they use to live.
>>
No. 623865 ID: 2d36d2

Nice work with this quest Gnuk! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password