[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 675819)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144450769481.jpg - (61.95KB , 800x720 , Weirdling Saga chapter 1.jpg )
675819 No. 675819 ID: f6abd9

Expand all images
>>
No. 675822 ID: f6abd9
File 144450797027.jpg - (78.55KB , 920x500 , WS001.jpg )
675822

BEHOLD!
THE CITY OF GUND!
CAPITAL OF THE KINGDOM OF GUND-KLAH-BRAKK! TRULY AN EXAMPLE OF PERFECTION PERCHED ATOP THE DIRT OF THE WORLD.

>>
No. 675825 ID: f6abd9
File 144450851037.jpg - (85.29KB , 700x733 , WS002.jpg )
675825

HERE, SAT ON HIS THRONE, THE GREATEST OF KINGS RULES HIS LANDS: PEREGROS TEMPUS IMMEMORIS!
A SINGLE OBJECTIVE IN HIS MIND: TO MAKE HIS KINGDOM AS PERFECT AS THE HOUSE OF THE GODS, SO THAT HE HIMSELF CAN ASCEND AND TAKE PLACE AT THE TABLE OF THE GODS, WHERE HE SHOULD BELONG


BUT A PLAGUE AFFLICTS HIS LANDS: HORRID MUTATIONS BORN FROM ANCESTRAL CURSES DEFY THE VERY FABRIC OF NATURE, TURNING NEWBORNS INTO HORRID ABOMINATIONS.
AND PEREGROS TEMPUS IMMEMORIS WON'T STAND FOR THAT. HIS KINGDOM WILL BE PERFECT!

>>
No. 675826 ID: f6abd9
File 144450865672.jpg - (42.22KB , 800x500 , WS003.jpg )
675826

AND SO DRASTIC MEASURES WERE TO BE TAKEN.
SWIFTLY, THE KING ORDERED HIS PERSONAL GUARD, THE ORCS OF GUND, THE GREATEST WARRIORS IN THE WORLD, TO FETCH THOSE MONSTROSITIES. AND RID THE KINGDOM OF THIS IMPURITY.

>>
No. 675827 ID: f6abd9
File 144450903868.jpg - (58.96KB , 800x510 , WS004.jpg )
675827

AND SO THE HUNT FOR THE WEIRDLING BEGAN. VILLAGES WERE RAIDED, FAMILIES WERE DESTROYED, HOUSE WERE BURNT.
NO MERCY WAS GIVEN TO WHOEVER TRIED TO HIDE A WEIRLDLING.
AND WHERE THE ORCS WEREN'T ABLE TO DO THE JOB, GOLD WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GREASE THE PALMS AND CHANGE THE MINDS OF ANYONE THAT KNEW WHERE TO FIND THE CURSED ONES.


MOTHERS HAD TO WATCH AS THEIR CHILDREN WERE TAKEN AWAY.
LAWS WERE CREATED TO REGULATE ANY TRASGRESSION.



TIME PASSED. AND THE HUNT NEVER CAME CLOSE TO AN END. THE KING LEGACY STILL EXIST, HOPING THAT ONE DAY THE KINGDOM WILL BECOME THE RESIDENCE OF A TRUE GOD.

>>
No. 675830 ID: f6abd9
File 144450934697.jpg - (56.42KB , 800x520 , WS005.jpg )
675830

And now, almost seventyfive years after the beginning of the hunt, your story begins.

In the back of a rocking stagecoach that belongs to a traveling wizard caslled Berillio Mooncrafter.

Your name is Masha Earthcaller, a weirdling houndling.
>>
No. 675836 ID: 0ed6e9

don't forget to put on you hat before you leave the coach.
>>
No. 675839 ID: 59ae77

>>675822
>no spires, flags or anything coming off of completely flat topped rectangular towers
>perfection
As if.

>>675830
So... how is you survived this long? Seems like there's quite the witch hunt out there.

Where are you traveling, and why?
>>
No. 675841 ID: 26ac98

what's in the bag? Potions?
>>
No. 675847 ID: 5ad4a7

Seems like the king is confusing purity for perfection. Hasn't he ever heard of an alloy before?

Does Berillio know?
>>
No. 675849 ID: fe06ff

brush fur, put on hat
>>
No. 675852 ID: 2eeb65

We should establish a school for gifted weirdling youngsters. Wheelchair and baldness optional.
>>
No. 675870 ID: 2ccbb3

Whatcha reading?

Also, why are you two here? Your general strategy, and all that.

*Private*
Also, is Peregros dead? How many kids and grandkids does he have
*/Private*
>>
No. 675879 ID: 32560f

What's the nature of your relationship with Berillio?
And how come that you have no footwear?

>>675836
>>675849
>implying that Masha would forget to put on robes and wizard hat
>>
No. 675886 ID: 5c0bfb

Consider the borders of Gund-Klah-Brakk, and whether neighboring countries have similarly genocidal policies.
>>
No. 675887 ID: 2ae7d5

>Perfection
There's no such thing.
And like the Gods would have accepted someone as pompous and cruel as him.

What we need to djfoRRRdkadonrhlgy
>>
No. 675915 ID: 32560f

>>675887
Hm...You bring up an interesting topic.

What is our knowledge on the matters of faith in GUND-KLAH-BRAKK and what do holy men say about these weirdling purges?
>>
No. 675916 ID: ad936f

>>675887
>And like the Gods would have accepted someone as pompous and cruel as him.
Have you even heard of Greek mythology? Gods can be dicks
>>
No. 675945 ID: 99cfa8

>>675830
so adorable
So! Quite the stash of potions you've got there. They all the same kind or a variety pack?
>>
No. 675951 ID: cdd64e

>>675916
That's what I'm getting at! The Gods are like the COOL KIDS and their COOL KIDS table, they're not just gonna let some POSER come and sit at their table.
>>
No. 675955 ID: f56624

>>675825
Calling it now, king's a weirdling.

So how goes that book then?
>>
No. 676134 ID: cab7d6

Preen antennae.
>>
No. 676407 ID: 124040
File 144482897221.jpg - (40.25KB , 500x830 , WS006.jpg )
676407

>Where are you traveling, and why?

Pretty much anywhere Berillio wants. You really don't have a voice in that.

>Consider the borders of Gund-Klah-Brakk, and whether neighboring countries have similarly genocidal policies.

Gund-Klah-Brakk is situated in the south of this continent, the only two neighboring countries are Bladear and Krum Dokk. The first is ruled by Peregros' twin sister and has similar policies as Gund. Krum Dokk is an unruly region, without a real king, and controlled by bandits and savage tribes. The savages are contained in that region thanks to the large mountain chains that exist all over the borders. Getting out of the kingdom is possible through dangerous passages in the mountains and via boat. But the controls are incredibly tight, as Berillio told you.

>What is our knowledge on the matters of faith in GUND-KLAH-BRAKK and what do holy men say about these weirdling purges?

>We should establish a school for gifted weirdling youngsters. Wheelchair and baldness optional.

Berillio taught you that the holy men of the land have been silenced either by gold and privileges given by the king, or by a bloody orc dagger. No one is up to help weirdlings openly, considering that it's a death sentence if found out.

>Also, is Peregros dead? How many kids and grandkids does he have

Peregros is still alive. One of the perks of being immortal you guess. He does not have any family as far as you know. Since he refuses to take any bride unless she can meet his high expectations. It seems that the only company he craves for it's the gods and himself.
>>
No. 676409 ID: 124040
File 144482935195.jpg - (60.52KB , 700x600 , WS007.jpg )
676409

>Whatcha reading?

>So how goes that book then?

Uuuuuh, it's the second book of "the incredible adventures of Har Vey the Pugventurer". It's not really incredibly written, nor you have ever read the first book, so you kinda have no idea about how a couple of characters are or who they are. But you have grown quite attached to it, since it's the only book you actually own. Berillio received it in a trade and saw nothing interesting in it so it gave it to you. You like to read it from time to time when you want to relax, even if you know it almost by memory now.

>And how come that you have no footwear?

Since you are still traveling and have a bit of time for yourself, you took off your shoes so you can stretch your toes. since the shoes Berillio gave you aren't exactly your size, it gets annyoing to wear them all the time.
>>
No. 676410 ID: 124040
File 144483008232.jpg - (25.25KB , 560x560 , WS008.jpg )
676410

what's in the bag? Potions?

>So! Quite the stash of potions you've got there. They all the same kind or a variety pack?

urgh, yeah. They are potions of "hair growth". A special type of potion that Berillio created.
It tested it multiple times on you, since you are extremely sensitive to magic and its effect, so that he could study the results on extreme cases.

One of the time the potion was so strong that it turned you in a litterall fuzzball, and it took weeks to wear off.

But it is one of his most profitable products, and in the end, the thing that allows him to feed you. So you kinda have to deal with it.

>Does Berillio know?

That you are a weirdling? Of course.

>What's the nature of your relationship with Berillio?

>Also, why are you two here? Your general strategy, and all that.

He's a traveling wizard and merchant that rescued you since your parents didn't want to keep you, due to your mutations. He recognized that your mutations, magical antenna that makes you incredibly receptive to magic and the ability to emulate any kind of voice without having to even open your mouth, could be incredibly useful. So he raised you, gave you some some sort of job and used you as a guinea pig for his potions. He did at least taught you a couple of spells. And from time to time he let you pick something from the objects he receives in trades when the client doesn't have enough money. That's how you have a brush and the book.
>>
No. 676411 ID: 124040
File 144483030961.jpg - (30.60KB , 600x600 , WS009.jpg )
676411

>don't forget to put on you hat before you leave the coach.

>brush fur, put on hat

>Preen antennae.

Urgh. You hate the hat more than anything else to be honest. Your antennae are way too sensitive, and even touching them causes you weak shivers down your spine. Whenever you brush you need to be careful to not stroke too hard on them.

But Berillio told you that any time you are not in the coach you have to put on the hat and cover your antennas. And also avoid talking or open your mouth at all, or else people will be able to see that you are a weirdling. So as long as you stay in the coach, you prefer to not have it on.
>>
No. 676414 ID: d4cfd6

>One of the time the potion was so strong that it turned you in a litterall fuzzball
Well, on the plus side, I suppose that made the antenae and stuff easy to hide.

>And also avoid talking or open your mouth at all, or else people will be able to see that you are a weirdling.
Ouch, really? I'd have hoped that you just had to avoid opening your mouth wide, not opening it at all.
>>
No. 676415 ID: edf2ea

So Peregros lives still? Is it known what he is by race?

And in a way, it's good to know that weirdling purges aren't by the divine mandate. There is still hope, albeit slim.
>>
No. 676416 ID: 2ccbb3

Nice to know. So, what skills and powers do you have?

Berillio probably taught you how to mix potions so that he wouldn't have to mass-produce any recipe that he already invented. What potions can you cook up?
>>
No. 676423 ID: fe06ff

keep one of those fur growth potions on hand for emergencies
>>
No. 676426 ID: 5256d3

So does that mean you have to eat either all by yourself or with only Borillio for company? Man never talking to anyone must be boring; no wonder you're hearing voices. Sure would be great if you somehow accidentally stumbled into some sort of safe haven for Weirdlings hidden out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
No. 676440 ID: 0ed6e9

huh, so what spells do you know?
>>
No. 676443 ID: 6cb462

So do you remember, or did Berillio tell you how he rescued you? it must have been a huge risk since your original parents could have reported him to the king about rescuing you, even if he was somehow offering more gold than the king was for your life.
>>
No. 676444 ID: 2a7417

Well then, preen butt antenna.
>>
No. 676650 ID: 91ee5f

Since the king has a mask and a bunch of robes on at all times and the fact that he won't let any women into bed with him, means that he's probably a weirdling also. Which means his pathetic attempts of perfection are pointless since, according to his own ideals, he isn't perfect at all! That also means he ain't going to be "with the gods" like he wants! So, he should do everyone a favor and obey his own laws and kill himself!
>>
No. 676651 ID: 11daf5

>>676650
What if...weirdlings are inherently powerful and the less numerous weirdlings are, the more powerful they get?

What if that's Peregros' plot for divinity? To force himself into the company of gods?
>>
No. 676652 ID: 6cb462

>>676650
(Lets not jump to conclusions this early in the adventure. For all we know, that could be too obvious. He could be something far worse than a weirdling for all we know, like a demon or something).

anyway, what is that book about?
>>
No. 676654 ID: 11daf5

>>676652
Obviously adventures of a pugventurer.
>>
No. 676668 ID: 348b72

Can we see what you look like when you open your mouth? Like how obvious is it?
>>
No. 676698 ID: 91ee5f

>>676651
If that was true, then someone else would've done it long before this guy ever became king!

>>676652
(Sorry about that. He's just one of those characters that is a complete asshole and I want him to die in the most painful way possible, suffering the whole time.)

Have you used your speaking ability to mess with others for a good laugh? If so, explain how you did it and what happened! XD
>>
No. 676913 ID: 2ccbb3

>>676698
Well, what if scientific / magical progress finally discovered the right way to sacrifice them for power?

Whatever, doesn't matter right now. Has Berillio done some research on attempts to make Weirdlings normal? There's probably some failed research here and there, but you'd think that Peregros would offer a fortune to anyone who could "cure the horrendous mutant plague once and for all"

And then kill them all anyway.

(Also, that's not a nice thing to say.)
>>
No. 676931 ID: 2f3d09

>>676698
>>676913
It's likely there's some form of magical cross-contamination at hand, but without better intel, it's impossible to tell whether the emperor's involvement is causative or reactive. At the moment our highest priority is the safety and happiness of Ms. Earthcaller.
So? How about it? What priorities do you have beyond survival? Have you ever thought of trying to escape to a more level-headed land?
(Also, I concur. There is no need for such bloody vengeance. Simple and absolute removal is the best solution, to prevent another from simply taking his place. That said, that is next to impossible with our current limited agency within this world.
Is there a questdis yet?)
>>
No. 677073 ID: 5d3c33

>>676931
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/95575.html

Made a Questdis thread.
>>
No. 677187 ID: d0881b
File 144510731392.png - (67.87KB , 598x700 , CharacterSheet.png )
677187

>Well, on the plus side, I suppose that made the antenae and stuff easy to hide.

It was a nightmare. it was almost impossible for you to see until the fur decided to get back to its normal lenght...

>keep one of those fur growth potions on hand for emergencies

You pocket one of the potions. Hopefully Berillio won't notice...

>Nice to know. So, what skills and powers do you have?

>huh, so what spells do you know?

You are a rather skilled magician, as Berillio begrudgedly admitted when you were 8. An entire life spent mostly confined in a small space have made your body go numb, your senses aren't as sharp as the ones of other houndlings, and your stamina is incredibly awful, mostly due to the fact that you have no way of practicing much physical exercises in your youth. At least, living with a merchant and a wizard allowed you to learn how to speak to people (albeit Berillio always forbid you to).

Berillio also taught you a couple of spells, and you learnt the rest by looking at him and feeling the effects of those on you when he punished you for trasgressions.

As an initiate you are able to cast 4 spells

- Seal of protection You are able draw a magical rune on yourself that will protect you against a specific type of energy or a single attack made against you. You can only have a single Seal at a time (thanks to the mutation, your Seal can take up to two phyisical attacks made against you). It takes 2 minutes to draw the rune and enchant it.

- Trap You are able to draw a small magic circle on any surface made of stone, soil, mud, earth. Whenever you want to activate it, the circle will burst in a small explosion. It takes 5 seconds to draw and enchant the circle. the activation is vocal and can only be activated when the voice is within 20 meters.

- Burden You are able to curse a single target by pointing at it. The target will feel overcumbered and tired, as if it was wearing tons of materials on itself.

- Skipping stone You are able to hurl a small rock within 3 meters of you with the speed and strenght of a crossbow bolt. (thanks to your mutation you can either pick multiple rocks or empower the strenght and speed of the spell)

MUTATIONS:

Sound imitation (ventriloquism): You are able to alter your voice to make it sound completely different. You are also able to mimic other’s people voice perfectly. Your mutations might not be visible immediately, but if anyone checks the interior of your mouth, he/she will easily notice the mutation on your tongue and throat. You are also able to project your voice in other spots in space and speak without moving your mouth.

Antenna: You have two small antennas on your head, which allows you to feel the flow of magic better, but making your body more receptive to magic as well (which means, might give you stronger spells, but it will also mean that spells will have more effect on you.
>>
No. 677190 ID: d0881b
File 144510773883.jpg - (42.31KB , 600x600 , WS010.jpg )
677190

>Well then, preen butt antenna.

Yeah, your tail could need a bit of brushing. With all the dust it picks up while you sit.

>So Peregros lives still? Is it known what he is by race?

Peregros is supposedly an Ancient Elf, he and his family came from the north of the globe, and conquered these lands thanks to their powerful magic and armies. He's over three centuries old now. Or at least that's how long since he started his reign here.

>So do you remember, or did Berillio tell you how he rescued you? it must have been a huge risk since your original parents could have reported him to the king about rescuing you, even if he was somehow offering more gold than the king was for your life.

You can't really remember stuffs that happened right after you were born. When you were a kid you believed Berillio to be your father, until he told you about the time he traded you for a couple of potions and a magic rug. Your parents were already on the run apparently and decided to leave you behind. Berillio recognized your mutations and decided that you could be rather useful for his business.

>Whatever, doesn't matter right now. Has Berillio done some research on attempts to make Weirdlings normal? There's probably some failed research here and there, but you'd think that Peregros would offer a fortune to anyone who could "cure the horrendous mutant plague once and for all"

Berillio doesn't really care about Weirdlings or anything else than profit, for all you have gathered. He is not on good terms with a bunch of people, for all you know. But that is normal when you are a traveling magical merchant, you guess.
>>
No. 677192 ID: d0881b
File 144510805745.jpg - (27.69KB , 392x464 , WS011.jpg )
677192

>At the moment our highest priority is the safety and happiness of Ms. Earthcaller. So? How about it? What priorities do you have beyond survival? Have you ever thought of trying to escape to a more level-headed land?

You haven't really thought about leaving the country. It's really dangerous, and you don't know anyone, aside for small contacts when you help Berillio with sales. And even in that case you haven't talked at all nor you have been able to stay in a place for too long, making it difficult to form friendship. The fact that Weirdlings are hunted and there are rewards for whoever captures them, dont' reall help.

>Can we see what you look like when you open your mouth? Like how obvious is it?

>Ouch, really? I'd have hoped that you just had to avoid opening your mouth wide, not opening it at all.

It's mostly the tongue. The three uvulas aren't as visible, unless someone opens your mouth completely. But Berillio has forbidden you to speak, just to be sure that no one could notice, since those are way difficult to hide than your antennas.
>>
No. 677193 ID: d0881b
File 144510846435.jpg - (65.99KB , 715x700 , WS012.jpg )
677193

>Berillio probably taught you how to mix potions so that he wouldn't have to mass-produce any recipe that he already invented. What potions can you cook up?

Yeaaaaaaaah, no. He doesn't even let you near the chemicals anymore due to your unnatural sensibility to magic. He lets his golem familiar, Peeblesqueak, do the job.

>Have you used your speaking ability to mess with others for a good laugh? If so, explain how you did it and what happened! XD

One of the reasons Berillio kept you with him is exactly your voice. He makes you stand near him and while he announces his products you throw your voice into the crowd and whisper that you have heard good things about Berillio's products or yell horrible thigns about his rivals.

You have used your ability when you were young to order Peeblesqueak around, since you are able to perfectly imitate Berillio's voice. That costed you enough punishment to stop doing that whenever Berillio is around.

>So does that mean you have to eat either all by yourself or with only Borillio for company? Man never talking to anyone must be boring; no wonder you're hearing voices. Sure would be great if you somehow accidentally stumbled into some sort of safe haven for Weirdlings hidden out in the middle of nowhere.

It does get lonely, spending most of your time in the coach. The only real time where you can be in the middle of people is during work, and even during that time Berillio doesn't allow you to interact with anyone or leave his side.

It gets lonely sometimes, and in those times you order Peeblesqueak around to fight boredom, or order him to hug you when you feel really lonely.

It's not a great life, but it's better than whatever could happen to you if Peregros' soldiers get your hands on you. You think.
>>
No. 677201 ID: ad936f

>>677192
Damn that's a scary mouth, what's the scariest noise you can make?

Berillio doesn't legally own you does he? If not you can probably just hop on a boat the next time you're in a port city and head to more accepting country. Hell, if all Peregros cares about is the purity of his country then he probably doesn't have that much in place to keep weirdlings from emigrating.
>>
No. 677205 ID: fe06ff

hug Peeblesqueak
>>
No. 677208 ID: 6cb462

sounds like Berillio is pretty strict. other than testing his potions and stuff on you, he isn't abusive, is he? does he care about you at all?
>>
No. 677211 ID: bb78f2

>>677187
Why hasn't Berillo taught you any illusion magic at all!
Illusion would be the most important school to teach to a weirdling! Does Illusion have a basis of one of the elements you can't use?

Well, if you're ever in a bad spot where you got to talk, I suggest using the excuse that you're a mute that uses vibration simulation spells to speak to people. Save that for your list of excuses later.

One excuse to explain away your antennae would be hard, but it's do able for a person who can think out of the box. Right now, I'm thinking spell experiment gone awry maybe. Might work. You're at least in the right line of work to BE weird. I wonder if Peregrus also kills mutants who were normal people but then got cursed by magic later.

Well, if he commits genocide for born mutations, mutations caused straight up from magic are also on the list of things he thinks won't let him ascend. Honestly surprised he hasn't forbidden magic at this point to prevent things like that from happening.
>>
No. 677214 ID: 0ed6e9

so do you get paid at all or no? Cause if you got some cash on you I'd at least suggest buying a few more adventure books or something to help kill time in the coach. And maybe a simple piece of jewelry, put some pointless ruins on it, and claim you're mute and that the jewelry is an enchanted item that lets you talk so you can talk without moving your mouth.
>>
No. 677222 ID: 025c3c

>the activation is vocal and can only be activated when the voice is within 20 meters.
What's the range of our ventriloquism, then? Because we can effectively increase the rune activation range by that.

>can't let anyone see inside your mouth
So... how much of a problem has dentistry been for you.

I don't suppose there's some kind of faith that wears a veil or something like that? You could have an easier time speaking if you had your mouth obscured.

>It's not a great life, but it's better than whatever could happen to you if Peregros' soldiers get your hands on you. You think.
Lonely is better than dead, yes. Still, lonely stinks.
>>
No. 677438 ID: 99cfa8

>>677193
So here's a terrible idea.

Have you ever ordered peeblesqueak...
to think?

Or, like, to become self-aware or whatever would be the equivalent command.
>>
No. 680063 ID: 6b0fee
File 144615224687.jpg - (59.61KB , 600x800 , WS013.jpg )
680063

>Damn that's a scary mouth, what's the scariest noise you can make?

What's the range of our ventriloquism, then? Because we can effectively increase the rune activation range by that.

You can't really make scary noises, but you are really good at imitating other people's voices. Even if you only hear them once, you are perfectly able to replicate their voice. Your maximum range varies between 12 and 24 meters depending on how your throat is.

>Berillio doesn't legally own you does he? If not you can probably just hop on a boat the next time you're in a port city and head to more accepting country. Hell, if all Peregros cares about is the purity of his country then he probably doesn't have that much in place to keep weirdlings from emigrating.

Berillio doesn't own you, but as he told you, it's almost impossible for a weirdling to find any help to get out of the country on their own.

>sounds like Berillio is pretty strict. other than testing his potions and stuff on you, he isn't abusive, is he? does he care about you at all?

He... did punish you a bunch of times when you were younger by casting Burden on you and pinning you down for entire hours when you didn't behave correctly. But for the rest he doesn't really abuse you or treat you too badly. He's rather strict and has never shown any sign of affection. But that is normal since you are a weirdling.

>Why hasn't Berillo taught you any illusion magic at all!
Illusion would be the most important school to teach to a weirdling! Does Illusion have a basis of one of the elements you can't use?

Berillio doesn't know how to cast Illusion magic. And since you are a Collie Houndling, you are innately incapable of attuning to water magic, which is one of the parts of illusion magic.
>>
No. 680066 ID: 6b0fee
File 144615259191.jpg - (60.20KB , 600x770 , WS014.jpg )
680066

>I don't suppose there's some kind of faith that wears a veil or something like that? You could have an easier time speaking if you had your mouth obscured.

There is, but the veiled dames are... well... they aren't really the kind of faith you want to get into...

>Lonely is better than dead, yes. Still, lonely stinks.

True, still. It does suck being lonely...

>Have you ever ordered peeblesqueak... to think? Or, like, to become self-aware or whatever would be the equivalent command.

You did try once, and it didn't work. Berillio made him with special wards that prevent Peeblesqueak to become self aware. When you tried making him self aware so you could have a friend ended with you laying on the floor for almost three hours under the effect of Burden while Berillio angrily taught you why you shouldn't do things that don't belong to you.

>so do you get paid at all or no? Cause if you got some cash on you I'd at least suggest buying a few more adventure books or something to help kill time in the coach. And maybe a simple piece of jewelry, put some pointless ruins on it, and claim you're mute and that the jewelry is an enchanted item that lets you talk so you can talk without moving your mouth.

You don't get paid, but Berillio feeds you and from time to time lets you pick from the useless junk box. Maybe you can convince him to give you a fake amulet next time and throw a a fake rune on it. It would be nice to be able to speak to people.

>hug Peeblesqueak

You turn your voice into Berillio's and order Peeblesqueak to give you a hug. All this thinking about your life made you kinda sad, and even if Peeblesqueak hugs are emotionless and mechanic, it's still makes you feel a little better...
>>
No. 680067 ID: 6b0fee
File 144615266721.jpg - (61.81KB , 600x800 , WS015.jpg )
680067

...

Berillio: "What the fuck are you doing?"

Uh-oh!
>>
No. 680069 ID: 6b0fee
File 144615310938.jpg - (78.80KB , 1200x600 , WS016.jpg )
680069

You throw Peeblesqueak away while trying to explain to Berillio that you were checking if the golem received cracks during the trip.

Berillio: "Yeah, yeah. Let's cut this short. I found a spot for our shop. Dress up and help Pebblesqueak carry the other boxes outside. Remember to hide your dumb antennas and to not speak to anyone. anyone."

You nod at him and then tell him about your idea of the amulet.

Berillio: "Why would you want something like that. You haven't spoken up till today..."

He puts up his hands

Berillio: "Oh whatever. It's almost your birtdhay anyway. Listen. Help Pebblesqueak with the crates and boxes. Then you can have half an hour of break. Go around the market. If you see something you like that is extremely cheap, come back to me and i'll let you have it. But after that you'll better give your best at work. Understood?"

You nod, while your tail wags happily.

Berillio: "Now get to work!"
>>
No. 680071 ID: 6b0fee
File 144615346948.jpg - (149.87KB , 1200x800 , WS017.jpg )
680071

You and Peeblesqueak unload the stagecoach.

Berillio has set his carpet down in the outskirts of the market. He did find a good spot, even if it isn't in the middle of the plaza.

The day is sunny and warm. You can hear the bird singing and people chattering.

It takes you few minutes to move all the crates and set up the shop as Berillio begins his introduction

Berillio: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! SIRS AND MADAMES! WELCOME TO THE MAGICAL ITEM SHOP OF THE GREAT AND ONLY BERILLIO MOONCRAFTER! DO YOU NEED A POTION TO FIND YOUR TRUE LOVE? I HAVE IT? DO YOU NEED A MAGIC WAND THAT TURNS TOADS IN PRINCES? I HAVE IT. ALL THAT YOU MIGHT WANT AND DESIRE? I HAVE IT! COME CHECK THE SHOP!"

You open the last crate of potions and then tug Berillio's tunic

Berillio: "Yeah, yeah. Go now. Remember. Half an hour, then back to business. I have a good feeling for this town!"

Your tail wags entusiastically. This is the first time you have the freedom to move around alone.
Yeah...
It is actually the really first time, you don't really know what to do...
>>
No. 680073 ID: 0776a7

Since you can't talk, take a small board and a piece of chalk so you can write instead. Merchants generally need to know how to read because of their business. Communication problem solved.

After that, check out the nearby stalls.
>>
No. 680075 ID: 12b273

Berillio's kind of a jerk, isn't he. I wonder if he took you in less out of kindness and more out of the fact that he knew you'd have to put up with him.

>It is actually the really first time, you don't really know what to do...
Explore. You need to see what's out there before you can choose anything.

>the veiled dames are... well... they aren't really the kind of faith you want to get into...
So... they creepy culty or creepy sexual?
>>
No. 680090 ID: cf91e4

>kind of a jerk
(Well yeah, but he's not turned her in to be killed, he feeds her, taught her to read, taught her a few spells, gives her the occasional gift, and has not physically beat her. That's actually a pretty good track record towards someone considered part of a plague/a monster. I just hope we can split ways amicably when the time comes. It would suck to lose your only family, even if he is a jerk of an uncle)

>you don't really know what to do
Only advice I have is to keep your mouth closed no matter what. Even if you are forced to speak, use your ventriloquism to do it with your mouth closed and pretend to be a better mage.
>>
No. 680100 ID: f2461f

Go look for the town square, possibly this town has a pretty fountain. Even if the town square lacks said fountain it is still the town square so surely something there can hold some interest.
>>
No. 680106 ID: 2ccbb3

Take a look around the open markets, but try to purchase items from the stores.
>>
No. 680319 ID: 03df58
File 144629836130.jpg - (121.92KB , 980x700 , WS018.jpg )
680319

>Since you can't talk, take a small board and a piece of chalk so you can write instead. Merchants generally need to know how to read because of their business. Communication problem solved.

>Explore. You need to see what's out there before you can choose anything.

>Only advice I have is to keep your mouth closed no matter what. Even if you are forced to speak, use your ventriloquism to do it with your mouth closed and pretend to be a better mage.

>Go look for the town square, possibly this town has a pretty fountain. Even if the town square lacks said fountain it is still the town square so surely something there can hold some interest.

You grab a spare small chalkboard from the back, Berillio uses those to write prices for items, but hopefully he won't need it today.

You start walking toward the market. moving toward the center of the townsquare, where the best stalls are. People around you, moving and talking between each other. It feels nice to be free for a bit.
>>
No. 680320 ID: 03df58
File 144629850636.jpg - (74.20KB , 600x600 , WS019.jpg )
680320

>Take a look around the open markets, but try to purchase items from the stores.

>After that, check out the nearby stalls.

You prefer not to move too much away from the marketplace. You only have only half an hour, so you just look for stands and stall that sell amulets or jewelry.

You find a small one owned by a fat orc.

He has a small collection of necklaces and rings. They aren't even that expensive. Hopefully Berillio won't be too picky about the money...
>>
No. 680321 ID: 03df58
File 144629896458.jpg - (92.18KB , 920x600 , WS020.jpg )
680321

Orc Merchant: "So, you went to check it?"

Goblin: "Yeah. I went away after a bit. The crowd is too big around them and it's not like it's a nice sight. I imagined they'd be uglier though. The small one was hideous, and the other one was just sitting there, looking sad. I think Blaine is waiting there for the rotten fruits to throw at them"

Orc Merchant: "Heh. Sucks to be them. Still can't believe they show those things around to the public..."

Goblin: "Well it's not like they can do anything behind those bars. At least it's a change of pace from the usual boring sundays..."
>>
No. 680322 ID: 58caf6

>>680320
it would be nice if we could get a veil for our face, in the mean time, we should see if any of these trinket vendors, including the ork, have a magical item that they are selling as junk. go go gadget antennas.
>>
No. 680328 ID: fe06ff

Pick out a cute necklace that matches your eyes,
then return to Berillio if you prove responsible and get back early he's more likely to buy it for you!

also I think that guy in the helmet was checking you out.
>>
No. 680332 ID: ea0ad9

I like that Y one. Any symbolism to that?
>>
No. 680334 ID: 1d7e9c

>>680319
Oh. My. God. That human was leering at you. How perverse.

Try to discern if the orc has something that would count as an amulet. At the same time, make an attempt to communicate with the orc.

Write: "Hello, I'm mute, but my hearing is good. What's being displayed?"
>>
No. 680338 ID: 12b273

>Oh. My. God. That human was leering at you. How perverse.
Dat tail.

>>680321
Um. If I had to guess, someone caught some weirdlings, and they're causally discussing tormenting them in their cage.

That's bad cause it means the scary authorities will be around to collect them sometime soon, and you don't want to be anywhere near that. Also bad cause you can't even consider trying to help them without considerable risk.

>amulet
Don't pick one that's already enchanted! And I assume certain metals and materials are better for enchanting than others- don't pick one made of poor stuff, so people might guess it's fake.
>>
No. 680344 ID: ad936f

Don't bother butting in on their conversation, or doing anything about whatever they're talking about, it's none of your business and you'd only end up in trouble if you did. Buy the cheapest, most mundane pendant you can, or maybe one with a very minor enchantment on it, so that people who can detect enchantments will be fooled.
>>
No. 680483 ID: 91ee5f

>>680319
Watch out for that pervert who's staring at your ass! That guy's probably going to follow you thinking that you'll be an easy target to rape in a back alley or something!
>>
No. 680488 ID: 0ed6e9

so what is the price ranging from with all the jewelry? I'm sure you'll find something the dwarf wouldn't mind to much actually paying for. Anyways I really don't think you should get involved in there conversation, could be rude to just but in. I say window shop a little more and head back with a few minutes to spare so Berillio doesn't have a reason to be pissed. Might actually make him a bit more willing to buy one of the jewelry things you're looking at.
>>
No. 680682 ID: d35b93
File 144641585472.jpg - (113.39KB , 1450x600 , WS021.jpg )
680682

>it would be nice if we could get a veil for our face,

>the veiled dames are... well... they aren't really the kind of faith you want to get into... So... they creepy culty or creepy sexual?

The veiled dames are the clerics of the goddess of love and lust. They cover their faces so that anyone that they 'baptyze' in the name of the goddess could fall for the single one, rather than the embrace given by the goddess herself. Sooooo. Kinda the creepy sexual cult.

>Oh. My. God. That human was leering at you. How perverse.
>Watch out for that pervert who's staring at your ass! That guy's probably going to follow you thinking that you'll be an easy target to rape in a back alley or something!
>Dat tail.

This is something that does happen enough times. One of the reasons Berillio likes to have you around is because if it wasn't for your mutation you'd be considered attractive by people standards. It helps with the business having a cute face when you need to sell things, that's what he usually says.

>Write: "Hello, I'm mute, but my hearing is good. What's being displayed?"

You grab the attention of the merchant with a quick wave of your hand.

Orc Merchant: "OH! Hello young lady? How can i help you?"

You write on the chalkboard that you are unable to speak and that you are looking for something, a necklace mostly, for your birtday so that your teacher could buy it.

Orc Merchant: "Sure! Anything in mind?"

You write two words on the board Something cheap

You then erase and write again Something really cheap. You underline really.

Orc Merchant: "Let me guess, your teacher is a dwarf"

You nod

Orc Merchant: "Heh. They have arms as short as they look, eh? Here, these are the cheapest necklaces i have. Let me throw you a deal, i'll even cut the prices since it's for your birthday heheheheh!"

>so what is the price ranging from with all the jewelry? I'm sure you'll find something the dwarf wouldn't mind to much actually paying for. Anyways I really don't think you should get involved in there conversation, could be rude to just but in. I say window shop a little more and head back with a few minutes to spare so Berillio doesn't have a reason to be pissed. Might actually make him a bit more willing to buy one of the jewelry things you're looking at.

>Don't pick one that's already enchanted! And I assume certain metals and materials are better for enchanting than others- don't pick one made of poor stuff, so people might guess it's fake.

>Pick out a cute necklace that matches your eyes,

The merchant shows you a small selection of necklaces. The prices he tells you are alright, even if you are not sure how cheap Berillio can be. The cheapest ones are made of wood (first one) and stone (last one). the ones worth ten Peregrosines are made of dark and light metal, they feel cold to the touch. The most pricy one is made of metal and silver, with two small triangular ambers in it. And then there is the last one.

>I like that Y one. Any symbolism to that?

The one that costs thirteen Peregrosines is enchanted. You can feel a faint trace of energy in it. Or better, a faint trace of negative magic. The amulet is cursed. You don't know exactly what it can be, but the object definitively has a small curse casted on it. Probably easy to remove.

You write n your chalkboard, asking how the merchant gets the necklaces.

Orc Merchant: "Mostly adventurer's loot from dungeons. They kinda sell anything they don't find interesting or useful these days..."
>>
No. 680684 ID: 5ad4a7

>>680682
Point out that the cursed necklace has a curse on it. Shouldn't it be cheaper because of that? Tell him you would be able to remove it, but most other customers would not be able to, so they would be likely to try to return it or complain. Ask for a better deal on it.
Good way to haggle is to point out flaws.
>>
No. 680692 ID: 0ed6e9

>>680682
How common is it for wizards to be able to sense magic? Because if it isn't that unheard of I recommend pointing out the cursed one and letting him know so he doesn't sell it to someone unaware. If it is odd of a wizard to pick something like that up without tools or something then maybe tell Berillio about it later and he might get it if he could haggle down the price.

Other then the cursed one though I'm thinking the stone one probably our best bet. I mean old runes where written on stones and it's one of the cheapest ones so it looks plausible to pass it off as enchanted and Berillio might actually buy the damn thing.
>>
No. 680696 ID: ad936f

>>680692
Stone one sounds good, it even has an s for "sound" on it.
>>
No. 680698 ID: bb78f2

Yeah, point it out that the 13 gold one is cursed. Got to be careful handing those things out.
>>
No. 680707 ID: 12b273

>>680682
Get the cursed one. It's got a certain appeal. A fellow misfit.

The effect might even be useful (a trade off of some kind). Although we shouldn't equip it yet, since our own nature would magnify it, whatever it is.
>>
No. 680712 ID: d47f77

>cursed
>13 Peregrosines

Wow. Subtle.

Politely point out that it's cursed even if you don't intend to buy it. Someone could get hurt.
>>
No. 680740 ID: 58caf6

>>680682
buy the cursed amulet, but do not wear it. we may be able to use it for something later, like getting away, or study it to cast magic from it if we put it on ourselves. its a good learning tool. However we may be able to get a discount on it if we can say what kind of curse it is without outing ourselves. or if we got the cash just buy it and stay quiet.
>>
No. 680845 ID: ea0ad9

>>680684
Accusing him of selling a cursed necklace probably isn't a good idea. He might get upset and refuse to sell, especially since you're only allowed the "cheap" ones.

Tell him you're interested in it, but that you might have to settle for the stone one. It would be nice to study a cursed item, but the teacher being stingy might make him say no to the above-ten price.
Let's not mention that there are cheaper ones unless he does say no, though, just to be safe. We can tell him about the cursed pendant and how it would be good for study or something. Maybe he'll have an idea of how to haggle it down a bit successfully, since he's a talented merchant while we aren't.
>>
No. 680899 ID: 91ee5f

>>680682
Because of her mutation, I'd say it would be wise to NOT buy or touch the cursed necklace! Sure, it's a minor curse, but because her mutation MAGNIFIES the effects of magic used on her, it will turn that minor curse into a MAJOR CURSE! So, just point it out to the shopkeeper and DO NOT TOUCH OR BUY IT!!!!! DX
>>
No. 680900 ID: 2ccbb3

Go for the second one from the left. It looks nice, has a fair price, and you might be able to upgrade it later with a polished stone.
>>
No. 680941 ID: 5812ad

>>680899
That, is a really good point.
Would you amplify the curse just by touching it?
>>
No. 680946 ID: bb78f2

You know, if it's got that enchanted glow to it, then wizards that analyze the amulet will think you're telling the truth about your speaking amulet.
>>
No. 681146 ID: f36321
File 144658740899.jpg - (139.60KB , 900x700 , WS022.jpg )
681146

>How common is it for wizards to be able to sense magic? Because if it isn't that unheard of I recommend pointing out the cursed one and letting him know so he doesn't sell it to someone unaware. If it is odd of a wizard to pick something like that up without tools or something then maybe tell Berillio about it later and he might get it if he could haggle down the price.

It's not too uncommon for mages to sense magic. You have more powerful senses due to your antennas and can pick up the slightest trace of magic when you focus.

>Get the cursed one. It's got a certain appeal. A fellow misfit. The effect might even be useful (a trade off of some kind). Although we shouldn't equip it yet, since our own nature would magnify it, whatever it is.

>Because of her mutation, I'd say it would be wise to NOT buy or touch the cursed necklace! Sure, it's a minor curse, but because her mutation MAGNIFIES the effects of magic used on her, it will turn that minor curse into a MAJOR CURSE! So, just point it out to the shopkeeper and DO NOT TOUCH OR BUY IT!!!!! DX

>That, is a really good point. Would you amplify the curse just by touching it?

It might. It depends on the type of curse. For now you are sure it's cursed, but you have no idea what kind of curse it has on. If the curse activates on specific condition it might be triggered by your mutation, causing the curse to activate immediately.

>Point out that the cursed necklace has a curse on it. Shouldn't it be cheaper because of that? Tell him you would be able to remove it, but most other customers would not be able to, so they would be likely to try to return it or complain. Ask for a better deal on it.

>Politely point out that it's cursed even if you don't intend to buy it. Someone could get hurt.

>Other then the cursed one though I'm thinking the stone one probably our best bet. I mean old runes where written on stones and it's one of the cheapest ones so it looks plausible to pass it off as enchanted and Berillio might actually buy the damn thing.

>Stone one sounds good, it even has an s for "sound" on it.

You write down that you like the stone amulet and the "Y" amulet. On the chalkboard you ask if he can keep it aside for you. You also write down that you are afraid that the "Y" amulet might be cursed.

Orc Merchant: "W-WHA-WHAT?"

You bow your head, expecting the merchant to yell at you.
>>
No. 681149 ID: f36321
File 144658767590.jpg - (59.99KB , 760x640 , WS023.jpg )
681149

Instead, the merchant picks up the amulet and studies it.

Orc Merchant: "Crap" he whispers.

He looks around and whispers to you "Are you sure?"

You nod at him.

Orc Merchant: "Crap. Shows you that you should never trust adventurers. I can't sell this, it's against the law. I need to get it checked later"

You write down that your teacher might help disenchant it, in case.

Orc Merchant: "Mmmh. Ok, let's make a deal, lady. I'll keep both amulets away. Come back later, before the end of the market time with your teacher and maybe we can work a deal. If he manages to disenchant it i can trade his services for the amulet. The amulet is nice enough, It could still fetch a decent price."

You gleefuly nod at him

Orc Merchant: "Good! See you later!"
>>
No. 681152 ID: f36321
File 144658786491.jpg - (85.58KB , 900x700 , WS024.jpg )
681152

Oh boy! That went better than expected!

All you need to do is tell Berillio that he can easily disenchant a rather small curse and get the thing he promised for free. And you'll finally get a way to talk to people without using signs or the chalkboard!

And you also still have at least fifteen minutes left before you need to go back.

Maybe you can look around? Get something else? Or maybe it's better to go back to Berillio immediately?
>>
No. 681156 ID: 6cb462

Let's be a good dog and go back. Maybe we'll get dog treats, or get free ear scratches.
>>
No. 681159 ID: 12b273

>your teacher might help disenchant it, in case
Hopefully he can cast a detection spell to see what it does, first. Be nice to know if it could be useful before we wipe it.

>Maybe you can look around?
Why not? It's not often you get to see the sights.
>>
No. 681166 ID: f2461f

Might as well go back.
>>
No. 681170 ID: 68aa85

Maybe you can have some fun? There might be children around the market you could dazzle with some tricks.

>>681156
Fucking racists, man.
>>
No. 681182 ID: 5ad4a7

>>681152
Go look at those poor captured Weirdlings.
>>
No. 681189 ID: fe06ff

This is the first Time Berillio has let you out on your own,
honor that trust and return now, that way he'll be more willing to trust you in the future
>>
No. 681341 ID: 2a7417

Sign up for an underground fighting tournament.
>>
No. 681343 ID: 91ee5f

>>681152
Go back. If that pervert from earlier is following you, returning to Berillio might be the safest thing to do!
>>
No. 681375 ID: 0ed6e9

I say head back. If you let Berillio know about the cursed neckless before he starts his sale pitch he'll actually have some time to think about it and prepare something so he'd be more likely to actually get the damn thing. Do take your time heading back though. There's no rush.
>>
No. 681399 ID: 408e21
File 144667316338.jpg - (64.37KB , 860x600 , WS025.jpg )
681399

>Sign up for an underground fighting tournament.

You aren't really the physical type. And due to your antenna sensitivness anyone could easily overpower you by just grabbing them.

>Let's be a good dog and go back. Maybe we'll get dog treats, or get free ear scratches.

>Might as well go back.

>This is the first Time Berillio has let you out on your own, honor that trust and return now, that way he'll be more willing to trust you in the future

>Go back. If that pervert from earlier is following you, returning to Berillio might be the safest thing to do!

>I say head back. If you let Berillio know about the cursed neckless before he starts his sale pitch he'll actually have some time to think about it and prepare something so he'd be more likely to actually get the damn thing. Do take your time heading back though. There's no rush.

You go straight back to Berillio, that is almost surprised to see you coming back so soon.

You explain what happened and how you might have managed to get a free amulet out of it, he will surely be happy about it.

Berillio: "Ok, good to know"

He turns around and shakes his hand dismissively

Berillio: "Since you are already here, make yourself useful. Go be pretty and attract customers. If we manage to sell stuff in time, we can close earlier and go get your stuff."
>>
No. 681400 ID: 408e21
File 144667323574.jpg - (41.51KB , 700x600 , WS026.jpg )
681400

Well...

he surely knows how to make you feel better...
>>
No. 681401 ID: 3663d3

actually, for a dwarf that was a really nice reaction. closing early is a big deal. dwarfs never close early unless it's a good reason, because staying open late can bring in more customers.
>>
No. 681402 ID: 408e21
File 144667338259.jpg - (61.21KB , 1000x600 , WS027.jpg )
681402

You sit on one of the emptied crate, and start smiling, your chalkboard on your knees.

You see someone approaching to the stand so you quickly scribble "HI" on your chalkboard to greet the new costumer.

You turn the chalkboard toward the client and turn your head up so you can smile and be welcoming.
>>
No. 681403 ID: 408e21
File 144667347150.jpg - (44.58KB , 700x600 , WS028.jpg )
681403

???: "Well hello there to you too! Are you new in town?"

Oh...
>>
No. 681404 ID: 5ad4a7

>>681403
Scribble "BUY STUFF" next.
>>
No. 681406 ID: 0ed6e9

you're within sight of Berillio right? So long as other people are around you should be fine. If he tries to flirt with you or something creepier that actually might be a good thing. Now hear me out. Berillio said if we sold his wares early he'd close shop and get you your amulet, if you can get this guy to buy a lot of crap you'll be that much closer to closing early. If he's trying to date you or something tell him you're not free until you're shift is done and that isn't until your master sales all his wares. Hopefully he'll then buy a lot of it to try and "help". If he actually does buy enough to close shop early then tell him you got to help your master check what's left of the stock and see what needs resupply but you'll met him later. Just set the date to the day AFTER you leave town.

Of course don't suggest a date or anything, let him do that. I mean even if he doesn't buy anything at least you don't have to worry about being around the creep any longer then you have to.
>>
No. 681407 ID: f2461f

No, we have always been here waiting in the unseen reaches of other's minds.
Now would you like to buy something? Our prices are quite fair.
>>
No. 681408 ID: 2a7417

"HI!...
...QUALITY GOODS FOR SALE, STRANGER! TAKE A LOOK!"
>>
No. 681409 ID: fe06ff

yes begin to advertise Berillio's wares
>>
No. 681419 ID: ca183f

>>681403
That guy's totally another weirdling. I think I can even see his mutation under that helmet. ... Or that's just a weirdly shaped beard. The dread pirate weirdbeard.
>>
No. 681427 ID: 73c49c

that's the guy who was checking out your butt in the crowd before, be careful here.
>>
No. 681430 ID: bb78f2

>>681403
That smile isn't natural.
Lemme guess, he didn't even move it to speak?
>>
No. 681432 ID: 12b273

>>681403
Yes, you're new. Traveling merchants, just arrived. Can I interest you in any of our wares?

If he's interested in you, we can probably get him to buy something, just to try and stay on your good side, or as an excuse to keep talking to you.
>>
No. 681435 ID: 2ccbb3

If anything is going on, just observe but don't act rashly. You aren't prepared for alert status and you don't have enough power to make an impact on most things yet.

Be extremely confident in your reasoning if you decide to risk revealing yourself; context sensitivity and no reasonable doubt should be the forefront of your actions when both in plain sight and a pariah.
>>
No. 681541 ID: 918d7f

>>681403
The details put into the eyes compared to everyone else's really sells the creeper aspect to me

Ask him if he has any questions about your master's wares.
>>
No. 681547 ID: 91ee5f

>>681403
Hold your chalkboard up in front of your mouth, so that the pervert can't see you talk, and use you voice projection ability to tell Berillio that this guy looks like he's about to rape you! DX
>>
No. 681647 ID: 6cb462

Well it's a good thing we came back early, otherwise, this situation with this guy might have been worse.

For now, just write down about the amazing magic items Berillio Mooncrafter sells.
>>
No. 681679 ID: 945fb0

>>681403
...Ok if this guy gets out of line whine really loudly without opening your mouth. That should attract Berillio's attention. I do mean this as a last resort option before attack with magic.
>>
No. 681740 ID: ea0ad9

>"Well hello there to you too! Are you new in town?"
That's a simple enough question that you can answer with just a quick little Nod. Maybe write your name and ask for his while doing so.
>>
No. 681741 ID: ea0ad9

>>681541
>The details put into the eyes compared to everyone else's really sells the creeper aspect to me
Yeah, I got the feeling he might be a weirdling himself, but I wouldn't have thought that his eyes were the mutation if it weren't for your comment. I wonder if that's a thing? Maybe with heavier mutations, or perhaps that's the Nightvision one (Noticeable eyes).
>>
No. 681867 ID: 1efe31

WELL THAT'S NOT DISCONCERTING! fucking hell Gnuk, I mean Jesus look at that face it just screams "I will not take no for an answer."
>>
No. 682159 ID: 152669
File 144692805927.jpg - (59.03KB , 750x600 , WS029.jpg )
682159

>that's the guy who was checking out your butt in the crowd before, be careful here.

Yeah it's him alright. You recognize his stare and stubby beard.

That smile isn't natural. Lemme guess, he didn't even move it to speak?

No, he moved his mouth, and he's just standing there staring at you. You don't really feel comfortable...

>"HI!... ...QUALITY GOODS FOR SALE, STRANGER! TAKE A LOOK!"

>Yes, you're new. Traveling merchants, just arrived. Can I interest you in any of our wares?

>That's a simple enough question that you can answer with just a quick little Nod. Maybe write your name and ask for his while doing so.

You write down that your name is Masha and you work at your teacher's shop "the great Berillio Mooncrafter's". You write down that you litterally arrived in town only few hours ago. You start cleaning the chalkboard to write down if he wants to see Berillio's wares but he interrupts your train of thoughts.

???: "Masha? That's a cute name. I am Kula Kittesen. I'm the sergeant of the city guard."

He put a lot of emphasis on sergeant.

He removes his helmet and pass a hand through his greasy hair.

Kula: "Are you staying in town for a while?"
>>
No. 682161 ID: 152669
File 144692846735.jpg - (39.80KB , 680x600 , WS030.jpg )
682161

>you're within sight of Berillio right? So long as other people are around you should be fine. If he tries to flirt with you or something creepier that actually might be a good thing.

>If anything is going on, just observe but don't act rashly. You aren't prepared for alert status and you don't have enough power to make an impact on most things yet.

>Hold your chalkboard up in front of your mouth, so that the pervert can't see you talk, and use you voice projection ability to tell Berillio that this guy looks like he's about to rape you! DX

>...Ok if this guy gets out of line whine really loudly without opening your mouth. That should attract Berillio's attention. I do mean this as a last resort option before attack with magic.

You pull the chalkboard slightly over your mouth, mostly to be sure he might not notice anything.

And then you throw your voice, whispering to Berillio's ear that there is a creepy guy hitting on you and you are feeling uncomfortable...
>>
No. 682162 ID: ad936f

>>682159
I don't know you'd have to ask Berillio.
>>
No. 682164 ID: 152669
File 144692857726.jpg - (44.23KB , 680x600 , WS031.jpg )
682164

He doesn't even turn to look at you and gives you a dismissing gesture, whil he continues to talk with a severely obese customer.

His way of saying "I'm busy. Deal with that yourself".

Typical...
>>
No. 682167 ID: 0ed6e9

wait, a guard? Well that isn't to bad. I mean yeah he's a creepy little bastard but he's probably not going to do anything other then be creepy. see if you can't get him to buy something. Again if he thinks he has a chance with you he might buy something to try and win your favor or something. Say you're stuck here until you master feels like he's sold enough so you can't leave your post until you sell most of your wares. Hopefully he'll buy at least something.
>>
No. 682170 ID: 152669
File 144692956656.jpg - (58.60KB , 900x600 , WS032.jpg )
682170

>I don't know you'd have to ask Berillio.

>Scribble "BUY STUFF" next.

>yes begin to advertise Berillio's wares

>If he's interested in you, we can probably get him to buy something, just to try and stay on your good side, or as an excuse to keep talking to you.

>If he tries to flirt with you or something creepier that actually might be a good thing. Now hear me out. Berillio said if we sold his wares early he'd close shop and get you your amulet, if you can get this guy to buy a lot of crap you'll be that much closer to closing early. If he's trying to date you or something tell him you're not free until you're shift is done and that isn't until your master sales all his wares. Hopefully he'll then buy a lot of it to try and "help". If he actually does buy enough to close shop early then tell him you got to help your master check what's left of the stock and see what needs resupply but you'll met him later. Just set the date to the day AFTER you leave town.

You scribble hastly that you have no idea how long you are staying to be honest, and that it depends on your teacher. After that you write down if he needs anything in particular.

Kula: "Well yes~"

You specify that you are talking about items, potions and magical stuff.

Kula: "Ah! Yes! I might need something to make me look more imposing. You see, i'm not planning to stay here in this town too long too. The high purger is in town and i'm planning to enter his entourage to hunt down weirdlings. I'm sure that they will surely need a good fighter like me."

He smiles again, and you feel a chill crawling down your spine.

Kula: "So, he's probably leaving in two or three days. For what i learnt he's here just to get his entourage's weapons repaired and then leave again for the capital. Since We might be not seeing for a while, maybe i could... take you out for a walk? Show you the city. Maybe this evening?"

He winks at you.
>>
No. 682172 ID: bb78f2

>>682168
My boss is a dwarf, he's not exactly keen on breaks for himself or his workers. You'd have to talk it over with him. Being a mute, conversation and charisma isn't exactly my best trait so couldn't convince him any kind of bit.
>>
No. 682173 ID: 12b273

>He put a lot of emphasis on sergeant.
He's probably used to having a position of authority helping him with the girls.

For us, the bigger problem is that a legal authority has taken an interest in you. That's bad. If he persists in trying to get under your robes, it'll probably be the death of you. (Or maybe worse, if he found out you're a weirdling, he might just blackmail you into doing whatever creepy thing he wants with the threat of giving you up to the hunt over your head).

>Are you staying in town for a while?
You don't know. You suppose it depends on how good business is here! Would he like to see what's on display? (Hint hint. Maybe we can still get him to spend some monies).

>The high purger is in town
...note to self, don't explore the town. I'd say try to convince Berillio into leaving early, but that might just attract suspicion. Guess you're hanging by the cart, again.

>take you out for a walk?
Wow, racist.

Reply that you don't know, your teacher will probably need your help managing the stall. Maybe you could get away?

Basic tactic is to make is so he needs to ask Berillio to get you away, and then tell Berillio he's a guard, so please pretend to be an evil boss that won't let you off work, cause you don't want to die.
>>
No. 682174 ID: 2ccbb3

Suggest a few potions designed to keep him combat alert and/or socially focused. Drinking temporary boosts will not represent your true combat ability and may be considered cheating, but if you fight the trials at the same level that you can do on a real battlefield or show the same level of calm and rational behavior that you intend to do while working under the inquisitor, then it's considered good preparation for the interview and a smart move.

Make sure you sell him something that will help him consider the level of atrocity that purging can achieve; some kind of emotion-invoking drink mixed in with the combat awareness potion?

Also, don't let him get within two feet of you. If he gets suspicious, tell him that the last guy you let so close to you when you were a child turned out to be a madman who mistook you for a weirdling because he NEVER SAW A COLLIE-GIRL IN HIS LIFE. Moron...
>>
No. 682175 ID: 89941a

You should respectfully decline, you have business this evening with Beri.
>>
No. 682176 ID: ca183f

>>682159
Uhh did his eye features actually disappear here cause that's super creepy.

>>682170
I don't think I need to tell you why accepting his date is the worst idea. Decline, use Berillio's strictness as an excuse. Then find him a potion of increased muscles or something.
>>
No. 682179 ID: bb78f2

Another idea is to pass off the idea that we're married to Berillo. I know it may sound gross, but the concept could save your life.

So obviously when he talks to Berillo, notify him that the guy's a guard hopping onto the Weirdling Slaughter Express in a matter of days and that the BEST bet to stop him from pursueing you further is for him to just say that you're his wife.

I know that's not perfect protection, but it means he would actually have to assault you in order to have you, which may be more than worth the effort right now for him.
>>
No. 682181 ID: bb78f2

And now, for another idea because I keep having them after I post what I think is my final idea.

Throw your voice somewhere, shouting HELP GUARD! A THIEF STOLE MY WALLET!
>>
No. 682358 ID: d7d11b

ITS A TRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!
HE KNOWS AND IS GOING TO KIDNAP YOU AND DELIVER YOU TO THE HIGH PURGER SO HE CAN GET INTO HIS ENTOURAGE!!!
>>
No. 682364 ID: 5ad4a7

>>682170
Tell him you have no free time to socialize.
>>
No. 682390 ID: 91ee5f

>>682170
>maybe I could...take you out for a walk?
*GASP* :-O
Racist!
>>
No. 682484 ID: 1a54f7

Ask him what kind of 'imposing' he is shooting for. Does he want to look physically bigger or is it overwhelming presence that he seeks?

>take you out for a walk?
Go. Plough. Yourself. You. Whoreson.

Tell him that this evening isn't good for you as you and your boss have just arrived to town and there's just too much to do today. You've already used up all of your break time and you have prior arrangements with your Berillio.
>>
No. 682653 ID: ca183f

>>682181
This is a good plan B, but use someone else's voice, instead. (Not someone around here, just a disposable voice.)

... course, this won't distract him for long so you'd best have somewhere to hide.
>>
No. 682700 ID: 2f5a7c

>>682181
>>682653
I don't think this guy is the type of guard who gives a crap about upholding the law unless it furthers his career.

Plus, it might be weird if Masha raises her writing board again to hide her mouth.
>>
No. 682727 ID: 2a7417

Sorry, we don't get breaks. Them's the breaks, Sarge.
>>
No. 682757 ID: fe06ff

Tell him you just had your weekly break a few minutes ago when you went necklace shopping, you won't get another one till sometime next week, official Dwarf work policy
>>
No. 683009 ID: bd345f
File 144718871127.jpg - (66.82KB , 930x600 , WS033.jpg )
683009

>My boss is a dwarf, he's not exactly keen on breaks for himself or his workers. You'd have to talk it over with him. Being a mute, conversation and charisma isn't exactly my best trait so couldn't convince him any kind of bit.

>Say you're stuck here until you master feels like he's sold enough so you can't leave your post until you sell most of your wares. Hopefully he'll buy at least something.

>Reply that you don't know, your teacher will probably need your help managing the stall. Maybe you could get away? Basic tactic is to make is so he needs to ask Berillio to get you away, and then tell Berillio he's a guard, so please pretend to be an evil boss that won't let you off work, cause you don't want to die.

>Also, don't let him get within two feet of you. If he gets suspicious, tell him that the last guy you let so close to you when you were a child turned out to be a madman who mistook you for a weirdling because he NEVER SAW A COLLIE-GIRL IN HIS LIFE. Moron...

>You should respectfully decline, you have business this evening with Beri.

>Decline, use Berillio's strictness as an excuse.

>Tell him you have no free time to socialize.

>Tell him that this evening isn't good for you as you and your boss have just arrived to town and there's just too much to do today. You've already used up all of your break time and you have prior arrangements with your Berillio.

>Sorry, we don't get breaks. Them's the breaks, Sarge.

>Tell him you just had your weekly break a few minutes ago when you went necklace shopping, you won't get another one till sometime next week, official Dwarf work policy

You hastily write down that you are going to be busy this evening, since your teacher is extremely stricts and you spent your break looking at market stands before starting to work

Kula: "Ah, that sucks. Dwarves eh? as strict as their stubby arms reach ahahah. Maybe tomorrow then?"

>Suggest a few potions designed to keep him combat alert and/or socially focused. Drinking temporary boosts will not represent your true combat ability and may be considered cheating, but if you fight the trials at the same level that you can do on a real battlefield or show the same level of calm and rational behavior that you intend to do while working under the inquisitor, then it's considered good preparation for the interview and a smart move.

>Ask him what kind of 'imposing' he is shooting for. Does he want to look physically bigger or is it overwhelming presence that he seeks?

You give him a dismissive shoulder shrug. Then you write asking what he had in mind for potions.

Kula: "Well... let's see. Something that would make me look as big as the High Purger's orcs? I mean, i am a really good fighter, but those creatures are at least 3 head taller than me, and i really wish to make a good first impression. Is that even possible? Or maybe something that makes me look more intimidating?"
>>
No. 683012 ID: bd345f
File 144718925824.jpg - (83.24KB , 800x700 , WS034.jpg )
683012

You grab a potion of ferocious eyes and one of fearsweat, which should be more or less what this guy needs.

He slowly grabs them, spending a second to touch your hands.

eesh...

Kula: "Perfect. These are all?"

You write down how they work and explain that you don't have the potion that will enlarge him, but Berillio can probably make one later for him

Kula: "Excellent. Then we can see each other tomorrow? I can come here before your break and..."


>Throw your voice somewhere, shouting HELP GUARD! A THIEF STOLE MY WALLET!

>This is a good plan B, but use someone else's voice, instead. (Not someone around here, just a disposable voice.)

Yeah, ok no. Enough.

You throw your voice somewhere in the crowd and shout that someone is stealing stuffs.

Kula: "Ah crap!"

he turns toward the crowd

Kula: "Works call! See you tomorrow!" he waves at you while quickly disappearing through the crowd. You make a couple of other voices shout for help, just to make sure he's going to be busier than it should.
>>
No. 683014 ID: bd345f
File 144718980454.jpg - (74.65KB , 790x600 , WS035.jpg )
683014

The rest of the day passes quietly, business goes well enough for being the first day of market.

And as promised, Berillio closes the shop earlier and follows you to the amulet stand.

You have to forcefully contain yourself from doing little hops of joy while walking, while your tail wags reveal your actual mood for you.

Weirdly, Berillio doesn't even try to bargain with the merchant. He quietly purchases the amulet and tells the orc that he will take a look at the other amulet for him.

He then hands you your new stone amulet.

Berillio: "Here, as promised"
>>
No. 683016 ID: bd345f
File 144719018049.jpg - (56.53KB , 650x650 , WS036.jpg )
683016

Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!

You gained non magical stone amulet
>>
No. 683017 ID: f56624

>>683016
Enchant it with something mundane so it holds up to passive scrutiny
>>
No. 683018 ID: bd345f
File 144719038576.jpg - (50.53KB , 800x600 , WS037.jpg )
683018

Berillio hands you the pouch with the cursed amulet.

Berillio: "So... listen, i'm going to grab a drink with a... customer for a special job. Go back to the cart, and get some rest alright? I'll be back later this night."

Weird. Berillio never really left the cart nor you alone during the evening.

>Don't you want to study the curse at all?

Since Berillio gave you the amulet, you could go back to the coach and study it. Or maybe rest. Or else. Berillio isn't going to be around this evening apparently.
>>
No. 683020 ID: 89941a

The best way to study something cursed is by either wearing it, or finding some poor sod to wear it for you.

I much prefer the former, as you often don't endanger anyone but yourself.
>>
No. 683022 ID: bb78f2

Warn Berillo about the guard and the potential problems he might bring, whisper though, in case he's stalking you and within hearing distance.

It could get bad really quick if we don't stay on our toes.
>>
No. 683023 ID: f56624

>>683018
Furiously masturbate, who knows when you'll have this kind of privacy again
>>
No. 683024 ID: 2ccbb3

Something's wrong.

Find a quiet place near the cart to study, or move the cart elsewhere and pick up Berillio later. Whatever you do, don't stay where you're expected to be.
>>
No. 683026 ID: 28bcec

Was that his way of saying I am going to go get drunk and have fun at the bar?

Sounds suspicious but hopefully will not be something you have to worry about.

Go study the amulet for a bit and then relax.
>>
No. 683031 ID: b88e47

Head to coach. Poke and prod cursed thingy and try to figure out what it is without setting it off.
>>
No. 683036 ID: ea0ad9

>"So... listen, i'm going to grab a drink with a... customer for a special job.
He must be getting a large payment if he's willing to leave you alone with the cart. Make sure not to fail him!
>>
No. 683039 ID: ca183f

>>683018
... my first thought was he's planning a surprise party, but there's no way, right?
>>
No. 683047 ID: 0ed6e9

has Berillio seemed any different when the two of you were coming to this town compared to other towns?

Hm, well we should probably figure out what exactly the curse does and then we can get working on making it look like a speaking stone or whatever. when you get back tell the little helper golem to keep an eye out for anyone coming towards the cart and have him come get you should he see anyone like that. I feel a little worried here for some reason.
>>
No. 683058 ID: 12b273

>>683012
That is the cutest face.

>>683018
...I really hope this isn't him selling you out.

I would wait till he leaves, then hang out near the cart. Somewhere you can see it, but won't be caught off guard if the cart is ambushed.

>what do
Determine nature of the curse, see about making a respectable fake speed enchantment for the unadorned amulet. We want it to ping on detect magic, even if it doesn't do anything.
>>
No. 683068 ID: 2f5a7c

Ask Berillio if everything is alright. Or is that special customer actually...a date? Be happy for him if it is.

>>683022
I second this.

And when you get to the cart, get inside and secure any possible point of entry. And put Peesblesqueak on alert to watch over you in case you fall asleep before Berillio comes back, just in case. You might be overreacting, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
No. 683093 ID: b88e47

Don't command Pebblesqueak to do stuff. He's not yours.
>>
No. 683149 ID: 6cb462

Stay in the cart, and as a precaution, keep your hat on. Kula might be the type of person that may invade the cart just to see you, and if he see's your antennas, you're screwed.
>>
No. 683246 ID: 91ee5f

>>683018
Is there a way to identify what the curse is without touching the amulet? Because of your mutation, if you get affected by the curse, it'll be worse than normal! And we don't want anything to happen to you! DX
>>
No. 683379 ID: 58caf6

>>683024
agreed. stay away from the cart, hide, do whatever, be as close to invisible as possible. That guard that touched you might have some sort of ability to sense weirdlings.
>>
No. 683436 ID: 0fc976

Have to stick with the wagon and watch the goods. Study the amulet. Feel the amulet. Lick the amulet.
>>
No. 684170 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762320882.jpg - (44.91KB , 620x600 , WS038.jpg )
684170

>Was that his way of saying I am going to go get drunk and have fun at the bar?

You have lived with Berillio for your entire life, and the dwarf has never had "fun". All he does is make potions and magic items, sell them and then think about selling more stuffs.

>has Berillio seemed any different when the two of you were coming to this town compared to other towns?

He has acted completely normal. Paying you almost no attention and working on his trade. This is the first time he has ever said he would leave the cart...

>He must be getting a large payment if he's willing to leave you alone with the cart. Make sure not to fail him!

>... my first thought was he's planning a surprise party, but there's no way, right?

>Ask Berillio if everything is alright. Or is that special customer actually...a date? Be happy for him if it is.

You whisper to him, asking if he's alright and if he's hiding something. Maybe a old flame or a friend?

Berillio: "You'd better mind your own business, Masha. Now get back to the cart. I'll be back when i'm done."

>Warn Berillo about the guard and the potential problems he might bring, whisper though, in case he's stalking you and within hearing distance.

You warn him about the guard being seriously creepy about you and that you don't feel really safe being alone.

Berillio stares at you for a couple of seconds. Then he shakes his shoulders and replies

Berillio: "Just... just order Peeblesqueak to be on guard. And take care. Now go. I'm already late for my appointment..."
>>
No. 684173 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762376644.jpg - (68.24KB , 720x650 , WS039.jpg )
684173

>Head to coach. Poke and prod cursed thingy and try to figure out what it is without setting it off.

>And when you get to the cart, get inside and secure any possible point of entry. And put Peesblesqueak on alert to watch over you in case you fall asleep before Berillio comes back, just in case. You might be overreacting, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

>Stay in the cart, and as a precaution, keep your hat on. Kula might be the type of person that may invade the cart just to see you, and if he see's your antennas, you're screwed.

>Hm, well we should probably figure out what exactly the curse does and then we can get working on making it look like a speaking stone or whatever. when you get back tell the little helper golem to keep an eye out for anyone coming towards the cart and have him come get you should he see anyone like that. I feel a little worried here for some reason.

>Have to stick with the wagon and watch the goods. Study the amulet. Feel the amulet. Lick the amulet.

You feel more safe inside the big cart rather than outside, in a town you are not familiar with. You order Peeblesqueak to guard the place and close everything. After that, you finally remove your hat.

Aaah yes. Much better! You let your antenna stretch and relax, not constrained under the rough texture of the hat.

>Furiously masturbate, who knows when you'll have this kind of privacy again

Mmmmmh...

Well...

Mayb...

Or you could study the amulet, you always felt weird with Peeblesqueak and the other sightstones in the cart to do that sort of stuff...

>Go study the amulet for a bit and then relax.

>The best way to study something cursed is by either wearing it, or finding some poor sod to wear it for you.

Wearing the amulet would be terrible. Amplifying a curse is never nice. You'll stick with Berillio's ritual of examination and magical reading.

You grab a pair of gloves and prepare the magic scroll on a crate, then you put the amulet on it and begin to chant.
>>
No. 684175 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762404816.jpg - (85.63KB , 660x600 , WS040.jpg )
684175

The ritual takes a lot of time, even with your innate magic amplifier.

The magic scroll unveils the amulet hidden magical compositions of runes and you begin to work on them, reading and moving them better to look for the correct string of runes.

It's tricky. It's a hidden small curse, covered by several enchantments that modify the original curse into a different one. Probably the previous owners weren't unable to remove the curse completely and tried to mitigate the effects.

Mmmh. It looks like the current curse consist in "Being unable to lie to the third question asked in a row".

Well. That is... kinda a lame curse to turn into. The rest of the runes are a mess and it looks way too difficult to simply remove it or change it back.

Well at least it's not a rage curse or a mindswap curse...
>>
No. 684176 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762423223.jpg - (57.27KB , 600x670 , WS041.jpg )
684176

It's getting really late. The ritual took more time than you imagined, and Berillio isn't back yet.

You haven't heard any noise or alarm coming from Pebblesqueak either.

You would have never imagined to actually missing having someone else with you in the cart.
>>
No. 684178 ID: 2ccbb3

Okay, TAKE A BREAK. 3rd-Sentence-True Curse + Weirdling Magic = All-Sentence-True Curse with blaring your big fat mouth every time someone chirps in your general direction.

Just stuff it in a reinforced box and keep it for later. Might be useful if you were to, say, force it on Emperor Peregros himself.
>>
No. 684179 ID: 89941a

Seems like it could be useful for guards, you could stick it on someone, beat them up a couple of times, and still get the answer.

Keep it for later, could be useful. Make sure to pack it with a note explaining the enchantment.
>>
No. 684185 ID: 58caf6

>>684175
can we cast this curse now, or use something from it?
>>
No. 684192 ID: 12b273

>Being unable to lie to the third question asked in a row
I guess it's useful to pawn on someone if you're trying to question them?

Good thing you didn't put it on, you'd probably amplify it to having to tell the truth all the time. Which could very quickly get you killed.

>what do
I think we should prepare a physical seal of protection, and place a trap nearby we can detonate, just in case anything bad happens tonight. We might need em.
>>
No. 684201 ID: 0fc976

Give a hearty villainous laugh.
>>
No. 684208 ID: a8ebb9

What curse could it have been before somebody kludged it?
>>
No. 684210 ID: a22f87

well that could bite someone in the ass if they had something to hide, like that you're a weirdling so unless we can remove the curse we can't really use it as a fake speaking charm. But hey if you study it a bit more you might be able to learn a truth spell. could be useful.

Anyways If you're getting tired I suggest putting your hat back on, take a quick peek outside just by sticking your head out the door to see if that old dwarf is anywhere in sight, and if you don't see anything then shrug, tell Peeblesqueak to come grab you if anything should happen while he plays guard, and find a out of the way spot to pass out. If he's not back by morning we can worry then after we got a full night of sleep.
>>
No. 684211 ID: 5ad4a7

>>684175
That sounds like less of a curse and more like an interrogation device.

Anyway, turn the non-cursed amulet into your fake rune thing. If you can put a really weak enchantment on it you won't get in trouble for using a nonmagical amulet as a speaking aid, in case you meet another mage somewhere.
>>
No. 684213 ID: 6cb462

Sleep.
>>
No. 684230 ID: 252b97

Check on Peeblesqueak before retiring to bed.
>>
No. 684398 ID: 91ee5f

>>684176
Before you go to sleep, make sure nothing has happened outside. Just because you didn't hear an alarm, doesn't mean nothing happened. I'm pretty sure that, even with your natural houndling hearing, you can't hear magically silenced footsteps outside.
>>
No. 685168 ID: c2b08e
File 144814229839.jpg - (74.16KB , 520x800 , WS042.jpg )
685168

>can we cast this curse now, or use something from it?

No, You should be able to study the original spell or feel the effect of the original spell on yourself enough time to internalize how it works. That's how you learnt "Burden".


>What curse could it have been before somebody kludged it?

You have no idea. The runes are a mess, it could take forever to unveil the correct sequences.

>That sounds like less of a curse and more like an interrogation device.
>Seems like it could be useful for guards, you could stick it on someone, beat them up a couple of times, and still get the answer.

It surely has uses! Maybe you can convince Berillio that it might be worth keeping it anyway for other customers.

>I think we should prepare a physical seal of protection, and place a trap nearby we can detonate, just in case anything bad happens tonight. We might need em.

>Anyway, turn the non-cursed amulet into your fake rune thing. If you can put a really weak enchantment on it you won't get in trouble for using a nonmagical amulet as a speaking aid, in case you meet another mage somewhere.

You trace a generic seal on your amulet, that should protect you for a single form of harm. It should also give a magic aura, making your fake amulet more convincing!
You are not completely sure about tracing a trap inside the coach, since it would ruin it if it blasts off and Berillio would be REALLY pissed at you...

You could draw the rune on the ground outside, at least.

>Anyways If you're getting tired I suggest putting your hat back on, take a quick peek outside just by sticking your head out the door to see if that old dwarf is anywhere in sight, and if you don't see anything then shrug, tell Peeblesqueak to come grab you if anything should happen while he plays guard, and find a out of the way spot to pass out. If he's not back by morning we can worry then after we got a full night of sleep.

>Check on Peeblesqueak before retiring to bed.

>Before you go to sleep, make sure nothing has happened outside. Just because you didn't hear an alarm, doesn't mean nothing happened. I'm pretty sure that, even with your natural houndling hearing, you can't hear magically silenced footsteps outside.

You open the secondary door of the coach to check on Peeblesqueak
>>
No. 685170 ID: c2b08e
File 144814249640.jpg - (65.73KB , 725x600 , WS043.jpg )
685170

Pebblesqueak is sitting on the ground.

Your residual magic sight detects that it has been incapacitated by something.

And that triggers every danger sense in your body.
>>
No. 685171 ID: c2b08e
File 144814257757.jpg - (77.48KB , 600x720 , WS044.jpg )
685171

You instinctively try to close the door, but it seems like it's stuck.

And then you notice the four large fingers blocking the frame.
>>
No. 685172 ID: c2b08e
File 144814276572.jpg - (102.32KB , 950x650 , WS045.jpg )
685172

You have no time to react to the sudden appearance that something hits you. The seal of protection negates any damage, but the sheer power of whatever hit you sends you flying across the coach.

You slam against crates and potions.

You almost lose consciousness, but you manage to regain control and look at what hit you.
>>
No. 685173 ID: c2b08e
File 144814304639.jpg - (112.64KB , 620x800 , WS046.jpg )
685173

Goblin Weirdling: "That didn't work, shit"

Houndling Weirdling: "O-oh no..."

Goblin Weirdling: "Shush, Bella! I got this under control"

He turns his mutated head toward you

Goblin Weirdling: "Don't you even try to make any sudden movement or yap a spell, mage. Next time i will fucking blow your head off!"

Bella: "N-no come on F-Freak!"

The female houndling waves her hand, a rather smaller one than the one you saw on the door.

Bella: "I... I'm really sorry"

Freak: "Sssh. Come on Bella!"
>>
No. 685176 ID: 0fc976

Make it sound like the police are coming to investigate the noise! Use that creeper guard's voice.
>>
No. 685178 ID: ad936f

Use your ventriloquism to create a distraction, maybe the sounds of guards yelling and running towards you. Use skipping stone to fling the handful of pebbles that you keep on your person at all times straight through the goblin's center of mass and throat, then cast burden on the houndling before she can react.
>>
No. 685180 ID: 86cfc3

Those are the two weirdlings the merchants were talking about earlier. They escaped!

...you could probably doff your hat to earn a bit of trust / deter violence. But that's a big risk, since you're trusting them not to out you when they get caught. (And they might not have a choice, if torture, or magical means are employed). And unlike you, they're too mutated to pass, so they're much more likely to get caught. That, and if you open up to them, we have to help them, which is a big risk.

>what say
I'm not going to cast a thing at you unless you're going to keep attacking me.

You escaped? The high purger is in town. If you want to survive, you need to get away, not break into shop-wagons. Why are you here?

Tentative plan: let them 'rob' you. They might need a magical potion or few to survive, and being stolen from isn't deliberately providing help. (But you can make sure they take things that will help). A normal apprentice is no match for two big bad weirdlings, right? It's the best you can do to help them get away without outing yourself.

If they want a ride out of town or to steal the cart: that's a bad idea. Your master isn't here, and as soon as he gets back, the alarm will be sounded. They'd get more of a head start, and one less angry mage after them, if they don't steal it.

Emergency option: if you need to get rid of them in a hurry, you can fake the noise of alarm or guards getting closer.
>>
No. 685183 ID: 1cebc8

Explain to Bella that you don't need this mess. You're willing to let them stay in the wagon to get to safety, but if they need resources then you'll let them have a few hundred coins' worth of rations and gear, but that's it.

If they're too paranoid to negotiate then give them a treasure chest and set up defenses further in. They wouldn't be stupid enough to set off your master's traps, thereby risking their lives just to murder a compliant little girl... are they?

Also, you may have infected yourself with the amulet's curse. Try talking to these two, they won't bite more than they already are.
>>
No. 685185 ID: 9748e1

>>685176
I support this course of action. There's no need to fight fellow weirdlings, even if they're dickish out of desperation.
>>
No. 685204 ID: a22f87

>>685176
I'll support it, also what spells do you have again that don't need to charge? that throwing rock spell and Burden that makes whoever is it by it really week right? If we can't trick them that the cops are coming then burden the shit out off them and run like hell. If they follow get the rocks ready. And for the love of god make sure your hat does NOT fall off. That would be bad.
>>
No. 685211 ID: ad936f

>>685180
>>685183
We shouldn't risk talking to them. If they've reached the point of robbing random wagons in the middle of a well guarded city then there's probably not a whole lot we can say to make them think that robbing and possibly killing us isn't the best course of action for them. If we talk to them we lose the element of surprise for any attacks we might try and we either reveal that we're a weirdling or that we can preform ventriloquism.
>>
No. 685212 ID: fe06ff

don't reveal your secret

beg them to not hurt you, the big one already seems reluctant
>>
No. 685224 ID: 91ee5f

>>685176
Do this, but hide your mouth so that they can't see you talk.
>>
No. 685259 ID: 81961d

>>685173
"Have you tried talking to me? seriously uncalled for."
>>
No. 685263 ID: bb78f2

Okay, Weirdlings, there is a guard with a hate boner for weirdlings that has a crush on me and MIGHT be stalking me, so this is like, the WRONGEST place to either hide in or shop or... something. Whatever you're planning.

It's high risk. Please don't make things complicated at this location.
>>
No. 685264 ID: bb78f2

>>685176
Wait no I like this the most.
Imitate this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNTjX_g9a4
>>
No. 685383 ID: b88e47

Tell them to get in and close the door. You have plenty of time to talk about this when you three are safe.
>>
No. 690348 ID: c81f24
File 145108331287.jpg - (205.29KB , 1020x650 , WS047.jpg )
690348

>Make it sound like the police are coming to investigate the noise! Use that creeper guard's voice.

>Use your ventriloquism to create a distraction, maybe the sounds of guards yelling and running towards you. Use skipping stone to fling the handful of pebbles that you keep on your person at all times straight through the goblin's center of mass and throat, then cast burden on the houndling before she can react.

>Do this, but hide your mouth so that they can't see you talk.

You throw the voice of the city guard behind them, making it sound like he's coming toward the coach.

Freak: "Someone's coming!"

Bella: "Oh nonononono!"

Freak: "uh... uh... get in the coach, quick!"

They both rush into the coach and close the door.

Crap.
>>
No. 690349 ID: c81f24
File 145108352844.jpg - (98.61KB , 900x700 , WS048.jpg )
690349

You sit up and cower as the huge weirdling dog starts shaking vigorously and walks up and down.

The goblin is standing by the door and listening.

You don't really know what to do. One of them was able to send you flying and even if you might be able to take one of them, the other one might decide to kill you. Also you don't really feel like hurting other weirdlings, and the one called Bella seemed to not be in the mood to hurt anyone.

Freak: "Ok, it's safe. No one is coming."

Bella: "Uuuuuh..."
>>
No. 690350 ID: c81f24
File 145108379546.jpg - (58.12KB , 700x600 , WS049.jpg )
690350

The goblin named Freak turns and glares menaciously at you.

Freak: "Listen, mage. We gotta get out of this town quickly! You gotta have a teleport spell or something like that. So i'm gonna cut you a deal. I ain't gonna blow your head off and you are going to port us somewhere far from here."

Bella: "F-freak, please..."

The big weirdling girl bobs her head and sobs

Bella: "I'm sorry about this..."

Freak: "It's gonna be ok, Bella. I got this"

They both sound freaked out and scared.
>>
No. 690351 ID: c81f24
File 145108419053.jpg - (68.27KB , 700x700 , WS050.jpg )
690351

>Those are the two weirdlings the merchants were talking about earlier. They escaped!

They are indeed, and they seem to be in a hurry. You kinda understand why.

>Also, you may have infected yourself with the amulet's curse. Try talking to these two, they won't bite more than they already are.

>don't reveal your secret

You decide to avoid telling them too many personal informations about yourself. It might be too dangerous.

>beg them to not hurt you, the big one already seems reluctant

>"Have you tried talking to me? seriously uncalled for."

>Okay, Weirdlings, there is a guard with a hate boner for weirdlings that has a crush on me and MIGHT be stalking me, so this is like, the WRONGEST place to either hide in or shop or... something. Whatever you're planning.

>Explain to Bella that you don't need this mess.

You beg them to not hurt you, by throwing your voice out of the amulet. You specifically look at Bella while asking this, sure that she might be the one that could be reasoned with.

You tell them that you are just an apprentice. Or better you try, but you spurt out that you are more of a servant to a mage than anything. And that you don't know any teleportation spell nor does Berillio.

Freak curses loudly while Bella releases a loud sigh and drop on her ass. right next to you.
>>
No. 690354 ID: c81f24
File 145108473414.jpg - (77.08KB , 820x600 , WS051.jpg )
690354

She begins to sob and cry like a baby.

A baby that is over two meters tall and with enough muscle to probably be able to crush man's skull with her hand. It's a jarring sight, mostly pityful.

Freak manners change radically when this happen, as his voice becomes softer and sweeter.

Freak: "D-don't worry Bella. We are gonna find a way out. It's gonna be alright!"

Bella: "T-t-t-they are gonna get us a-a-again. *SOB* I dun wanna get back in the c-cage." She wipes her face with her giant hand, but her eyes keep watering.

>Tentative plan: let them 'rob' you. They might need a magical potion or few to survive, and being stolen from isn't deliberately providing help. (But you can make sure they take things that will help). A normal apprentice is no match for two big bad weirdlings, right? It's the best you can do to help them get away without outing yourself.

>Tell them to get in and close the door. You have plenty of time to talk about this when you three are safe.

You try to tell them that in case they could take some things from the coach. As long as they promise not to harm you.

Freak: "I'm not going to hurt you anymore,anyway... Bella would like that. And she's already going through a lot of stuffs."

Bella sighs and turns to you: "Are you sure it would be ok to get your stuffs? W-w-wouldn't your master be mad"

You try to tell her that it's alright, but you blurt out that your master is probably going to scold you on the best outcome or painfully punish you in the worst.

Crap.

The curse seems to work on you...

Bella whimpers and gasps when you say that, she tries to say something. But Freak shakes his head and says: "No use. We took out the guards for only a few minutes. They might be waking up already and sound the alarm. Do you have anything useful for us to get out?"

You admit that you don't really think that the cart might contain anything useful at the top of your mind.

Freak: "Then i have no other ideas... A teleport spell was probably our only way out of this mess..."

Bella starts crying loudly again.
>>
No. 690355 ID: 2ccbb3

Dress them up as golems and let your regular golem do all the fine charades?
>>
No. 690358 ID: 5ea852

I want to say that you should hide them by re-arranging the cargo in the cart and make them keep quiet until Berillio comes back, but there's no way that can work. There's also no guarantee that he will take pity on other weirdlings.

Maybe you could turn them into fuzzballs with hair-growth serums and they can pretend to be some very fuzzy animals until they reach some sewer entrance?
>>
No. 690360 ID: b88e47

This may be secondary but it could be brought to the forefront very quickly. You need to get that curse off you. If you are questioned by anyone, you are screwed.
>>
No. 690361 ID: 4780ef

well... if they can get the cart moving they might be able to make it outside of the city. Might attract attention and since we're curse (take that damn thing off until you uncurse it), I'm not sure we could just tell anyone that stops us we're leaving early to make it to the next town sooner because we heard a rumor someone was selling metal rings for cheap that our master hopes to buy, enchant and sell cheap to make a large profit.

Oh and if anyone catches you you're there hostage and talk only via chalkboard.
>>
No. 690362 ID: 977a6a

>The curse seems to work on you...
Why? You never put on the cursed amulet!

When freak knocked you around, did it accidentally end up slipped on you or something? Maybe you need to take it off. Before, you know, they ask why you're trying to help them and you tell them. Or the guard comes around looking for them and you answer honestly. ("I'm hiding the weirdling! I am a weirdling!").

>what do
You might be able to hide them short time by locking the door and/or lying to guards who come looking. (Assuming you fix it so you can lie again). Unless they have dogs that can track them, or magical means to track them.

Uh, we should really be digging through the potions, trying to see if there's something that will help.
>>
No. 690384 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690354
Do a full inventory of the carriage.
>>
No. 690389 ID: ad936f

They should run while they still have the chance.
>>
No. 691104 ID: 5bf959
File 145168431347.jpg - (66.49KB , 600x630 , WS052.jpg )
691104

>Why? You never put on the cursed amulet!

>This may be secondary but it could be brought to the forefront very quickly. You need to get that curse off you. If you are questioned by anyone, you are screwed.


The curse might have gone through the gloves. You took precautions, but it never really works.

Probably it's going to take a while before the thign wears off.

or...
>>
No. 691105 ID: 5bf959
File 145168470310.jpg - (50.33KB , 630x600 , WS053.jpg )
691105

Or you ended up sitting on the damn thing when you were blasted through the entire cart...

You throw away the amulet and try to tell a lie.

You say that you are a princess in the middle of a bathtub

Freak: "What?"

You gesture to him that you didn't say anyhting...

>They should run while they still have the chance.

You ask them why they aren't running

Freak: Towns close their doors when the sun goes down... There is no way out. I thought that maybe a mage would have a teleport or something like that to pull us out of this shithole..."

>Dress them up as golems and let your regular golem do all the fine charades?

>Maybe you could turn them into fuzzballs with hair-growth serums and they can pretend to be some very fuzzy animals until they reach some sewer entrance?

The hair-enhancer only turns you into a fuzzball due to your mutation. With them it would work differently. You are not sure it would work at all on the goblins since they don't have hair at all...

> want to say that you should hide them by re-arranging the cargo in the cart and make them keep quiet until Berillio comes back, but there's no way that can work. There's also no guarantee that he will take pity on other weirdlings.

>well... if they can get the cart moving they might be able to make it outside of the city. Might attract attention and since we're curse (take that damn thing off until you uncurse it), I'm not sure we could just tell anyone that stops us we're leaving early to make it to the next town sooner because we heard a rumor someone was selling metal rings for cheap that our master hopes to buy, enchant and sell cheap to make a large profit.

>You might be able to hide them short time by locking the door and/or lying to guards who come looking. (Assuming you fix it so you can lie again). Unless they have dogs that can track them, or magical means to track them.

You tell them that they can hide in the cart for the moment, and you'll check if there is anything useful that can help them.


Bella raises her head "R-really? You gonna h-help us?"

You nod.
>>
No. 691107 ID: 5bf959
File 145168490518.jpg - (112.51KB , 700x650 , WS054.jpg )
691107

Bella: "THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU"

She pulls you into her arms and hugs you.
>>
No. 691110 ID: 5bf959
File 145168503884.jpg - (67.79KB , 700x600 , WS055.jpg )
691110

She has probably didn't get much baths lately and her smell itches your nose.

But she is really warm and fuzzy.

You can hear her heartbeat and breath as her chest exphand while breathing.
>>
No. 691111 ID: 5bf959
File 145168510836.jpg - (56.84KB , 650x600 , WS056.jpg )
691111

>Do a full inventory of the carriage.

>Uh, we should really be digging through the potions, trying to see if there's something that will help.

CHECK COACH FOR THINGS! RIGHT!

NO TIME FOR HUGS!

GOTTA CHECK THE POTIONS!
>>
No. 691112 ID: 5bf959
File 145168521066.jpg - (58.78KB , 600x600 , WS057.jpg )
691112

There isn't really much in the cart.

What could you be looking for exactly? There are a milion potions and items. Maybe there is something to help them out?
>>
No. 691115 ID: 0fc976

A potion to make them harder to notice?
>>
No. 691117 ID: d0868f

>>691110
Pfff. Why you blushing.

>>691112
Okay, various potions that might be useful for escaping or sneaking:

*Invisibility
*Transformation / Transmutation / Disguise / Illusion
*Something that stops them giving off a scent (so they can't be tracked by dogs, houndlings, or whatever).
*Similarly, Move Silently or Dampen Sound (although that only matters if anyone tracking them is close).
*Levitation (prevents footprints / leaving a trail, allows fast crossing of ravines or water).
*Water breathing (makes sneaking out along the bottom of a river an option)
*Intangibility
*Haste
*Endurance / Stamina buffs (so they can go for longer)
*Protective / defensive buffs (so they can take a few hits)
*Shrink (makes hiding / smuggling them out in a small container an option).
*Enlarge (makes outrunning tiny pursuit possible, but probably leaves an obvious trail, and temporarily makes them really easy to follow / take shots at)
*Banishment (extra-planer travel is kind of risky, but better than certain death)
*Confusion gas / Sleep gas, etc (anything non-lethal that can be thrown at pursuers)

Depends on what's available / how expensive some of this stuff is. And how long stuff takes to wear off / what can safely be taken at the same time.

Um, and I hope you get away, but if you get caught, please don't tell anyone I helped you.
>>
No. 691118 ID: 4854ef

>>691117
Probably her first real hug remember.

But yeah has the right idea for potion types.
>>
No. 691131 ID: bb78f2

Chemeloen potion and a Super jump/climbing potion
>>
No. 691159 ID: 2ccbb3

Ask Freak and Bella about any potion allergies they may have.

The goal is to get them out undetected, and you have a wagon, some supplies, and a non-target leader. Just sell off some heavy stuff and hide them under the floorboards.
>>
No. 691210 ID: b88e47

Tip for working around the curse if it comes up. Blurt out all the stuff they might want to know before they ask you questions. You can blatantly lie and it won't trigger if they don't ask anything.
>>
No. 691677 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194188641.jpg - (94.20KB , 1000x600 , WS058.jpg )
691677

>Pfff. Why you blushing.

N-NOT IMPORTANT! LOOKING FOR STUFFS!

>A potion to make them harder to notice?

>Okay, various potions that might be useful for escaping or sneaking: (etc,etc)

>Chemeloen potion and a Super jump/climbing potion

>The goal is to get them out undetected, and you have a wagon, some supplies, and a non-target leader. Just sell off some heavy stuff and hide them under the floorboards.

>Ask Freak and Bella about any potion allergies they may have.

You ask the two weirdlings if they have any kind of allergy. They look at each other confused then they shrug and tell you they don't think they are allergic to anything, or at least they don't know.

You start rummaging through the crates in the coach.

Berillio still has a couple of haste tablets around, those can be helpful. There are so many stamina potions that hopefully Berillio won't notice a couple missing.

You hand over the various bottles and items to Freak, that is now following you as you move around the coach.

What else?

Oh, there is a wand of silence. As long as someone is grasping it, they will make no noise. That should be really helpful for someone as big as Bella...

You don't have invisibility potions, but you do have a couple of smokepots. Breaking those will create a small fogcloud. Mmmmmh. Smell-erasing perfumes! Excellent! Those should help them avoid being tracked by hounds.

Freak: "Uuuuh... Are you sure you are going to be fine with giving us these?"

You tell them that you'll come up with something for your master. in case they get captured she'll lie about being robbed.

Freak: "Alright..."
>>
No. 691678 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194196228.jpg - (149.29KB , 495x800 , WS059.jpg )
691678

You tell them to grab a backpack or a sack from the coach and put their things in.

You are going to check that the way is safe for them to run away, so that no one will see them come out of the coach.

Berillio: "A-hem"
>>
No. 691679 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194198414.jpg - (109.71KB , 650x600 , WS060.jpg )
691679

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
No. 691680 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194208020.jpg - (130.89KB , 750x600 , WS061.jpg )
691680

Berillio: "Masha... why was pebblesqueak sitting outside, inactive? I told you to let him guard the coach, damn it"

His voice sounds more tired than angry.
>>
No. 691683 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194286466.jpg - (98.53KB , 630x800 , WS062.jpg )
691683

???: "So, is this the weirdling you were talking about?"

You raise your head, finally noticing the shadowy hulking hooded figure, standing behind Berillio. Almost as tall and wide as Bella.

Berillio: "Y-yeah, that's her..."
>>
No. 691686 ID: a22f87

...slam door, lock it if you can, get the big houndling to smash a hole in the other side of the wagon and we'll start plan B, run like hell. No need to pretend to be mute at this point.
>>
No. 691689 ID: d0868f

>>691683
"Berillio, who is this? What have you done?"

Speak from the amulet, loudly enough that the people inside can hear you.

Giving him a tiny chance to reveal that this is another weirdling or some kind of help instead of the selling us out it looks like.

You're probably gonna end up having to run with the other two, though. Be ready to cast... burden, I suppose. It's the quickest way to shut them down and you don't have a stone in hand for skipping.

>>691680
...does that mean he planned to go through the motions of betraying you, but for Pebblesqueak to warn you so you could get away?
>>
No. 691701 ID: cf91e4

>just order Peeblesqueak to be on guard. And take care. Now go.
>I told you to let him guard the coach, damn it
>...does that mean he planned to go through the motions of betraying you, but for Pebblesqueak to warn you so you could get away
I think you're right. Shoot. At least we have all the things we need to escape sorted out.
>>
No. 691702 ID: 5ad4a7

Give him a chance before you alert the others and cause a scene. If this is an ally, causing a scene will draw attention from the town which will make escape much much harder. Besides, you can alert the others at any point by throwing your voice.

If it turns out he found some sort of weirdling support network and is letting you go because you're starting to attract suspicion or something, tell him he came just in time. Tell him the two weirdling prisoners broke out and coincidentally forced you to help them. At that point you can tell them they won't need the supplies, though if they don't trust you they can hold onto them while they come see who's arrived.

If he's betrayed you, then you'll have to cause a scene. Using one of the smokebombs here would be a good idea, so you can make a break for it.
>>
No. 691703 ID: bb78f2

>>691683
Berillo, I did, and we're sort of in the middle of being robbed by the escaped weirdlings that took him out right now, and the cursed thing we bought prevents me from lying so like, if this is big guy is ANOTHER weirdling dude, it is a REALLY BAD idea to be start panicking or making a scene right now, because I don't see us surviving unless we're really careful with our next steps.

So can we please just calm down, comply with the desperate weirdling robbers so they can flee the town and leave us with... whatever your friend wants to talk about.
>>
No. 691706 ID: 2ccbb3

Slam door, start screaming in Bella's voice, ask Berillio what the hell is going on, use your other mouths to instruct Bella and Freak about breaking through the caravan and driving the horses to safety. Give Berillio one chance to explain, and threaten to destroy his entire inventory with your haphazard escape plan if he sold you out for coin.
>>
No. 691804 ID: 51d832

Guys calm down! If this was someone from the guard or government then why would them be sneaking about wearing concealing robes?
Weirdling hunting is encouraged here so if someone was going to show up to take us away then they'd just show up with a group of soldiers.
>>
No. 691808 ID: b88e47

Don't panic. Don't do anything. Just stare in fear.
>>
No. 692475 ID: a3d375
File 145237023267.jpg - (49.03KB , 600x600 , WS063.jpg )
692475

>...slam door, lock it if you can

>Slam door, start screaming in Bella's voice, ask Berillio what the hell is going on, use your other mouths to instruct Bella and Freak about breaking through the caravan and driving the horses to safety.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
No. 692477 ID: a3d375
File 145237059133.jpg - (54.38KB , 700x600 , WS064.jpg )
692477

>Giving him a tiny chance to reveal that this is another weirdling or some kind of help instead of the selling us out it looks like.

>Give him a chance before you alert the others and cause a scene. If this is an ally, causing a scene will draw attention from the town which will make escape much much harder. Besides, you can alert the others at any point by throwing your voice.

>Give Berillio one chance to explain, and threaten to destroy his entire inventory with your haphazard escape plan if he sold you out for coin.

>Guys calm down! If this was someone from the guard or government then why would them be sneaking about wearing concealing robes? Weirdling hunting is encouraged here so if someone was going to show up to take us away then they'd just show up with a group of soldiers.


You lock the door and then lean on it, talking loud enough that both Berillio and the weirdling could hear.

You ask what's going on, who is the person behind him is and why does he know you are a weirdling.

Meanwhile you gesture the weirlding to either hide or prepare to run.

Berillio angrily knocks on the door.

Berillio: "Open up. You are already in big troubles, don't make this worse on you..."

You yell that you are not opening the door till he answers you.
>>
No. 692478 ID: a3d375
File 145237069812.jpg - (64.86KB , 700x650 , WS065.jpg )
692478

You hear Berillio grumble something.

And suddenly the door shuts open

Berillio: "Really, you think i'd let anyone keep me out of my own house. Urgh"

The huge creature behind leans in

???: "You really are the most unsufferable sad drunk, Berillio."

He enters the Coach.
>>
No. 692479 ID: a3d375
File 145237090376.jpg - (68.84KB , 750x650 , WS066.jpg )
692479

>Don't panic. Don't do anything. Just stare in fear.

You take a couple of steps back as the hooded creatures pass over the doorframe and closes the distance between you and him.

Now that he is so close, your nose picks up his awful stench. Alcohol, old vegetables and... lavander?

You almost start to cast Burden, but he cuts you short.

???: "That's not going to work on me, young lady."

???: "But do not worry. I'm not here to hurt you."

He grabs his hood and pulls it back.
>>
No. 692481 ID: a3d375
File 145237096983.jpg - (53.61KB , 850x650 , WS067.jpg )
692481

???: "My name is Ulric Lapanza. I am here to help you get out of this hellhole of a country."
>>
No. 692483 ID: 5ad4a7

>>692481
Immediately point out that he's a skeleton. But also a savior thank you thank you can you take two more?
Beeecaauuuuse well the weirdlings that were taken captive in town escaped and coincidentally came here to force you into helping them.

Then I guess go let the others know your master and a friend agreed to help. If you reassure them before they come across the situation they're in, you can get out of here quietly.
...also put back the potions. Tell Berillio you wish you could repay him somehow.
>>
No. 692485 ID: fe06ff

Assume that he is a weirdling too, do to his unnaturally pale complexion
>>
No. 692487 ID: 5ea852

Ask him if he's a weirdling too with such pronounced teeth.
>>
No. 692493 ID: 0fc976

Are you doing this for free?
>>
No. 692494 ID: 2ccbb3

Ask Berillo why you can't just use the caravan and just leave the city.

Also, what is Ulric's deal? Make sure that Freak and Bella hear the whole story before they decide if they want to cause a panic and steal the caravan.
>>
No. 692506 ID: 61fd94

>>692481
Berillio... you got me bones for my birthday? Wow. Racist much?

>once the joking and bad lines are over
You got someone to smuggle me out of the country? (We're gonna need to give grumpy dorf dad a hug that sweeps him off his feet that he's completely not going to appreciate).
>>
No. 692555 ID: 91ee5f

>>692481
Point at him and scream, "You're Sir Theodore Alaiv, the Garlic Knight!"

Then when he corrects you and says you're wrong, just look down at the floor with a sad look on your face and say, "Oh....."
>>
No. 692566 ID: e618d6

>>692555
Nah, she wouldn't know of Alaiv.
>>
No. 692724 ID: 91ee5f

>>692566
Oh, come on! It'd be funny! XD

Besides, she could know of him, if he's a fairy tail character in a book she read one time.
>>
No. 692938 ID: 15720c

>>692724
If he's a story book character in this universe, then sure, but if he's a real person, I doubt she'd have any knowledge of him whatsoever.
>>
No. 698980 ID: 247b8f
File 145462197941.jpg - (42.34KB , 670x600 , WS068.jpg )
698980

>Immediately point out that he's a skeleton.

>Assume that he is a weirdling too, do to his unnaturally pale complexion

>Ask him if he's a weirdling too with such pronounced teeth.

>Also, what is Ulric's deal?

>Point at him and scream, "You're Sir Theodore Alaiv, the Garlic Knight!"

You are taken aback from the revelation.

You try to muster some words.

Why would someone like him help you since he's
>>
No. 698981 ID: 247b8f
File 145462228688.jpg - (62.01KB , 750x600 , WS069.jpg )
698981

Ulric: "A completely normal human? I know, i know. But trust me, young lady. Not all people agree to the ideals of Peregros and his brethren!"

He pulls you closer and you can avoid noticing how stronger his stench is at this distance, even if your houndling nose is not as powerful as a normal houndling.

Ulric: "I am part of a small group of people that come from many different places. And we all believe in the concept that no one should be hunted down for being born differently. We offer a way out from this hell. We can bring you away from this place, and give you a new life in another kingdom. There is a ship, waiting for us as we speak, in a secret place. Two cities from here in the south!"
>>
No. 698982 ID: 247b8f
File 145462254920.jpg - (42.57KB , 800x600 , WS070.jpg )
698982

>You got someone to smuggle me out of the country? (We're gonna need to give grumpy dorf dad a hug that sweeps him off his feet that he's completely not going to appreciate).

You turn your attention to Berillio, that has been silent since he entered the coach.

You ask him how he get someone to smuggle you out, and why.

Berillio: "I've met Ulric when... before you were born. And... uh... yeah, since you are now an adult i can't really... really risk to people discover that you are a weirdling. It's... it's bad for the business. And... and you also shouldn't probably live your life like a caged animal anyway... so better like this than having you... stab me in the back? And rob me? Yeah. It's just... business."

He's acting weirder and weirder. He doesn't even look at you, his attention completely focused on Peeblesqueak.
>>
No. 698988 ID: 247b8f
File 145462305663.jpg - (80.30KB , 800x550 , WS071.jpg )
698988

>Are you doing this for free?

You tell Ulric that you don't have any way to pay him back for this

Ulric: "NONSENSE! You are going to repay me by getting a better life in another country! Knowing that we have helped someone is already the best reward."

>Ask Berillo why you can't just use the caravan and just leave the city.

You ask Berillio why you can't leave the town in the caravan.

Ulric answers for him: "He's afraid that the high inquisitors will catch up with you. He wasn't expecting him to be in town today. And his itinerary doesn't allow him to change it without people getting suspicious."

It's true. Berillio has always taken the same itinerary between people. There are even fixed clients in the market of other cities.

>Then I guess go let the others know your master and a friend agreed to help. If you reassure them before they come across the situation they're in, you can get out of here quietly. ...also put back the potions. Tell Berillio you wish you could repay him somehow.

>Immediately point out that he's a skeleton. But also a savior thank you thank you can you take two more? Beeecaauuuuse well the weirdlings that were taken captive in town escaped and coincidentally came here to force you into helping them.

You tell them that you are incredibly thankful for this opportunity, and ask if... there is space for two more while pointing to the hiding spot of the two other weirdlings.

Ulric: "Are those the weirdlings that were caged by the high inquisitor."

You nod and tell that they escaped tonight.

Ulric: "Well crap... that complicates things i suppose..."

Berillio: "Wait... they escaped now? That means the guard might sound the alarm soon. We gotta come up with a plan. Crap. crapcrapcrap"
>>
No. 698989 ID: f56624

>>698988
We're gonna hug us a dwarf before we leave. Berrilo may be a mean nasty old man, but he did right by us.
>>
No. 698997 ID: 5ad4a7

>>698988
Ask Berillio for permission to use some of his stock. Ask the other two to introduce themselves and say what their abilities are. Tell Ulric about yours. I'm sure throwing your voice would be really useful in distracting the soon-to-be alerted guards.

You and Ulric can work together to form a plan that includes both of the escapees. Optimally it will involve dodging patrols and leaving the city without being seen by anyone.
>>
No. 699000 ID: f4ce51

Dwarfdad is best has his moments dad. He is going to miss you... Lets get on with this, how close are you to the city exit? What was Ulric's original plan? maybe we can adapt it? Or was it simply walking away? Ask the other mutants if they have any non-visible mutation that you should be aware of.
>>
No. 699001 ID: 2ccbb3

Bella, DO NOT BEAR-HUG.

If you work as a team, it shouldn't be too hard to stealth your way across the city. Since the alarm's already on, knock out anyone who gets in your way.
>>
No. 699006 ID: 2a7417

So how are we leaving? Or, were leaving before these two showed up? Covered wagon? Teleportation charm? Trebuchet? My vote's for trebuchet.
>>
No. 699021 ID: 02422f

>perfectly normal
Well I guess if he's saving you from your secret, you can not blow his.

>>698982
Aw, dorf dad cares! He really cares! He's just bad at expressing emotions!

He gets a big hug before you go.

>We gotta come up with a plan. Crap. crapcrapcrap
Um... what was the plan before? It might help to know what's already in place so we can adapt it.

You were planning on letting them "steal" some useful potions to get away with, but that story is a lot less believable if I run off with them. It brings more suspicion down on Berillio.

Wait, actually, maybe we can use the same plan. Only instead of just getting robbed, you get 'kidnapped' too. There, that's Berillio's cover- upset over those dang weirdlings stealing his stock and shopgirl!

Um. Less clear on the actual "getting away" part.
>>
No. 699059 ID: 5ea852

What are the options for escape?

Before you leave, kiss/lick dad-dwarf in a platonic but affectionate way.
>>
No. 699811 ID: b904a2
File 145487837881.jpg - (74.60KB , 550x800 , WS072.jpg )
699811

>Ask the other two to introduce themselves and say what their abilities are. Tell Ulric about yours. I'm sure throwing your voice would be really useful in distracting the soon-to-be alerted guards.

You introduce the two weirdlings to Berillio and Ulric. Then you reveal your antennas, leaving Bella with a shocked expression.

Bella: "Ooooooooooh"

Then you tell Ulric what your mutations are and what you are good at.

Bella: "OH! I am good at singing!"

Freak: "Bella. That's not what they want to know"

He pulls over his poncho, revealing a couple of smaller arms.
>>
No. 699812 ID: b904a2
File 145487840143.png - (91.86KB , 598x700 , WS FREAK SHEET.png )
699812

Freak tells you about his mutations and abilities.
>>
No. 699813 ID: b904a2
File 145487843406.png - (128.25KB , 598x700 , WS BELLA SHEET.png )
699813

And so does Bella.
>>
No. 699817 ID: 2ccbb3

>>699812
I think you forgot Freak's extra arms...

Time to go, then. Stick around Ulric in case he tries something.
>>
No. 699822 ID: b904a2
File 145487888416.jpg - (40.56KB , 650x600 , WS073.jpg )
699822

>You and Ulric can work together to form a plan that includes both of the escapees. Optimally it will involve dodging patrols and leaving the city without being seen by anyone.

>If you work as a team, it shouldn't be too hard to stealth your way across the city. Since the alarm's already on, knock out anyone who gets in your way.

>So how are we leaving? Or, were leaving before these two showed up? Covered wagon? Teleportation charm? Trebuchet? My vote's for trebuchet.

>Um... what was the plan before? It might help to know what's already in place so we can adapt it.

>What are the options for escape?

You ask Ulric what was the plan.

Ulric: "Well not much of a plan, to be honest. Berillio told me your mutations weren't really visible and the guards weren't alerted, so i could have just let you slip out of the town unnoticed through a secondary exit."

He scratches his chin

Ulric: "Problem is, that if the guards have already been alerted, they'll close the city down, and we won't be able to use that exit. Unfortunately the other Weirdlings are too noticeable to dress them up. Even with my cloack people will notice Bella's giant arm."

Berillio: "What about the channel that passes through the town?"

Ulric: "Mh. That could work. I imagine Bella and me would be enough to open the grates and we can slip through that. But it's still too dangerous. We might need a distraction...

He starts thinking aloud on possible solutions, while you look at Berillio.

>Aw, dorf dad cares! He really cares! He's just bad at expressing emotions!

>We're gonna hug us a dwarf before we leave. Berrilo may be a mean nasty old man, but he did right by us.

You make a mental note to thank him properly before leaving. Out of all the surprises that happened today, discovering that Berillio cares about you was probably the most unexpected.

>Ask Berillio for permission to use some of his stock.

You ask to your former master if you can "borrow" something

Berillio thinks about it for a moment but then nods with a sigh.

Berillio: "Yeah, yeah. I'll say i was robbed."
>>
No. 699824 ID: b904a2
File 145487904814.png - (92.85KB , 598x700 , WS FREAK SHEET (fixed).png )
699824

>>699817
Oh woops i did! thanks for pointing that out
>>
No. 699899 ID: 8f693e

Do we have anythong explosive? or that generates an enormous amount of smoke? we could use something like that for a distraction, and if you mean "make a guard turn his head so we can clock him", thats your job.
>>
No. 699950 ID: 5ad4a7

Yeah we can use some of the merchandise here to create a noisy distraction, and maybe one or two things to help get past any unforseen complications. Let's keep the theft to a minimum, though. Take only what is strictly needed.
Oh. Something for healing would be useful if Ulric doesn't have anything for that.

...Bertillo needs to come up with an excuse as for why you went missing at the same time as the prisoners, too. How about: they kidnapped you, with the intent of using you as a hostage if things really went wrong.
>>
No. 699959 ID: f6442a

>>699899
Explosive underwear should only be used as a last resort.
>>
No. 699996 ID: 641587

>>699959
If it's your last resort, then you are not using a big enough thong :P
>>
No. 700592 ID: 02422f

>>699813
>>699824
Should those mention spikes / horns?

>Berillio: "Yeah, yeah. I'll say i was robbed."
Previous list of potentially useful potions stands. >>691117 Share ideas, see if we can come up with a plan.

If we assume the guards are going to be looking, we probably have to commit to some kind of magical / alchemical distraction.

You're due to awkwardly apologize to the others too, for not admitting what you were.
>>
No. 701777 ID: b405ab
File 145545596457.jpg - (146.11KB , 600x730 , WS074.jpg )
701777

>You're due to awkwardly apologize to the others too, for not admitting what you were.

You awkwardly apologize to Bella and Freak for misleading them.

You tell them that you were following Berillio's instructions so that no one will find out that you are also a Weirdling
>>
No. 701778 ID: b405ab
File 145545614870.jpg - (172.06KB , 800x550 , WS075.jpg )
701778

Bella: "Oh! Don't worry. We understand, my mama used to do the same before they got me. I'm jealous though. At least your mutations are cute!"

She grabs your antenna, sending shivers down your spine

Bella: "OH! They are so soft too!"

You swat her arm ineffectively until she lets your antenna go, leaving you with a pounding heart.

You explain to her that your Antennae are really, really sensitive.

Bella: "Sorry..."
>>
No. 701780 ID: b405ab
File 145545634221.jpg - (60.52KB , 650x600 , WS076.jpg )
701780

>He gets a big hug before you go.

>Before you leave, kiss/lick dad-dwarf in a platonic but affectionate way.

>We're gonna hug us a dwarf before we leave. Berrilo may be a mean nasty old man, but he did right by us.

While the other Weirdlings and Ulric are finishing the preparation, you kneel and hug Berillio. You thank him again for what he did and for keeping you safe, more or less, your entire life.

He awkwardly pats you on the back, without saying anything.

Ulric: "Ok, we are ready to go. But we still need to find a distraction for our escape"

Berillio: "I'll take care of that part. Now go."

He hands you Pebblesqueak

Berillio: "Take this too. It might come in hand at one point."
>>
No. 701781 ID: b405ab
File 145545650228.jpg - (73.06KB , 800x500 , WS077.jpg )
701781

Thanks to the darkness of the night your small group moves quickly through the streets of the town. Most people are either still sleeping or are too drunk to notice you.

Suddenly you hear a loud explosion, coming from the plaza
>>
No. 701783 ID: b405ab
File 145545655750.jpg - (146.76KB , 800x550 , WS078.jpg )
701783

You turn around to see fire and smoke coming from behind the roofs of the houses. You are sure that's probably where Berillio's cart is.

Ulric: "I guess that's our que. Let's move!"
>>
No. 701786 ID: b405ab
File 145545677521.jpg - (96.35KB , 800x468 , WS079.jpg )
701786

Your group rushes toward the other side of the town, as you can hear shouts coming from the plaza.

You arrive at the channel and quickly follow it until you reach the walls of the town.

Unfortunately, two guards are stationed there.

Guard 01: "Gods have mercy. Paul, do you think we should check that out?"

Paul: "Nah. The others should be able to take care of that, Nern. Hopefully it's just Kula that finally exploded for being too full of his own shit"

Nern: "Hah. You are terrible, Paul."
>>
No. 701788 ID: 92a560

Throw your voice, summon all guards to help at the fire. Hopefully that would make them leave.
>>
No. 701791 ID: 5ea852

Throw your voice from the top of the wall and try sounding like Kula, but very agitated upon hearing their remarks.
>>
No. 701793 ID: f6442a

throw the voice of a guard calling for reinforcements, with a sense of urgency. I hope these guards aren't too lazy.
>>
No. 701826 ID: 02422f

>>701778
Lewd.

>>701780
Bye dorf dad.

>>701783
Did... he light up his cart a distraction? That's commitment. And a real distraction, as lots of magic potions going up could actually be dangerous and need to be contained.

>>701788
Yeah, use the voice of that jerk guard from earlier.
>>
No. 701844 ID: c45b7e

>>701786
throw voice to sound like guard captain. "Get your lazy asses to that incident, NOW!"
>>
No. 702407 ID: 364ed6
File 145565924331.jpg - (80.57KB , 800x550 , WS080.jpg )
702407

>Throw your voice, summon all guards to help at the fire. Hopefully that would make them leave.

>Throw your voice from the top of the wall and try sounding like Kula, but very agitated upon hearing their remarks.

>throw the voice of a guard calling for reinforcements, with a sense of urgency. I hope these guards aren't too lazy.

>Yeah, use the voice of that jerk guard from earlier.

>throw voice to sound like guard captain. "Get your lazy asses to that incident, NOW!"

You throw your voice behind a corner, hoping it will work.

You imitate Kula's voice and yell at the guards to get up and move their asses and help out with the fire.

Paul: "OH SHIT! YES SERGEANT!"

Nern: "AYE SIR!"

They get up and run away.
>>
No. 702411 ID: 364ed6
File 145565940751.jpg - (83.64KB , 800x405 , WS081.jpg )
702411

Ulric compliments you for your initiative and then asks Bella to help him in breaking the grate.

Bella: "No need. I can do it myself."

She easily breaks through the metal bars as if they were rotten ropes.

Bella: "Did i do good?" She says while wagging her tail, splashing water all around.
>>
No. 702413 ID: 364ed6
File 145565953283.jpg - (72.06KB , 950x400 , WS082.jpg )
702413

Your group sprints out of the channel and into the nearest forest.

>Did... he light up his cart a distraction? That's commitment. And a real distraction, as lots of magic potions going up could actually be dangerous and need to be contained.

You ask Ulric if Berillio might have lighted his cart. And why.

Ulric: "Probably? Maybe he lit something else on fire. Guilt and booze makes you do weird stuffs unfortunately..."

The air of the night is fresh, but running is already making you tired. You are really not used to move so much.
>>
No. 702414 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702413
Ask Bella to carry you.
>>
No. 702427 ID: bb78f2

He was guilty? For what?
Alaiv, when things cool down and we can rest, can you tell me more about Berillo, if your comfortable with that?
>>
No. 702429 ID: 5ea852

Yeah, ask Bella to help you out.

>>702427
It's Ulric, you life-ist shitlord.
>>
No. 702436 ID: 02422f

>running is already making you tired. You are really not used to move so much.
Keep up as much as you can, then let them know you're either gonna need a rest or to be carried.
>>
No. 704528 ID: c923aa
File 145617461843.jpg - (62.75KB , 800x460 , WS83.jpg )
704528

>Ask Bella to carry you.

>Yeah, ask Bella to help you out.

>Keep up as much as you can, then let them know you're either gonna need a rest or to be carried.

You try to keep up as much as you can, but you quickly run out of breath and start losing ground. Fortunately Ulric and Bella notice that and stop.

You say you are sorry for your bad shape and ask Bella if she can carry you for the remainder, so that the group won't slow down.

Bella: "No problem!"

She picks you up like a little kid, and you continue your escape.
>>
No. 704530 ID: c923aa
File 145617528431.jpg - (33.13KB , 800x550 , WS84.jpg )
704530

>He was guilty? For what? Ulric, when things cool down and we can rest, can you tell me more about Berillo, if your comfortable with that?

What Ulric said earlier still rings in your ears, and you ask him to explain what he meant with that. Why would Berillio feel guilty?

Ulric: "Well... I have known Berillio for a long time. He hasn't been a traveling merchant his whole life. Nor he used to pretend his name was Berillio Mooncrafter."

You let the notion sink in for a moment, while Ulric continues.

Ulric: "His real name is Quarzo Whiteshores. He was a renown wizard in the court of a noble in the north. He had fame and wealth. And a family. A wife. And then a little baby. A weirdling. He thought his status would keep them safe, but he was wrong. The orcs came. And they took his son. He decided not to act, and let the inquisition take the baby. But that destroyed his wife. Drove her to suicide. He tried to learn about what happened to his son since then. He sold everything he had, he made debts with terrible people. They came to collect and he faked suicide."

He pauses for a moment.

Ulric: "He then met you, or better your parents. They handed you over to him, hoping that he'll bring you to us. But he decided to keep you with him. I guess to try and fill the void. But i know he might have just made both of your lives miserable."

You ask Ulric why he did that.

Ulric: "Well... when i asked him, he told me that his son had antennae too..."

Ulric: "He did the right thing now. He granted you a way to live a new life. An actual life. Where you won't have to hide anymore."
>>
No. 704537 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704530
...maybe he was not born as Berillo, but you will remember him that way. Did he ever find out what happened? It would be hard to believe they did not kill the baby.

So, what happens next?
>>
No. 704546 ID: bb78f2

>>704530
In the north, the north of another country or the same? How far can the king and orc reach? And which lands accept asylum for weirdlings? Wouldn't the king just deport them there rather than kill them if there was such a place? Surely the bloodshed in the purges corrupt his land at least a little bit, I mean, he made murder illegal between non-weirdlings because I imagine the gods dislike murder. I mean, the man's a dillusional immortal, but the man could NOT be king for long if he ignores all practical solutions in his madness. Maybe this is the one time he ignored a practical solution over murder, but...

I'm sorry, I just... don't know where it would be safe. What country would take us?
>>
No. 704552 ID: 2a7417

Did we make it out of the guards' range?
>>
No. 704582 ID: 5ea852

Where would that place be, Ulric? And how long before Peregros extends his reach toward it?

>>704546
Peregros probably wants to cleanse weirdling taint altogether, not just remove it from his own lands. Even if he doesn't, he probably thinks that weirdlings would still be a stain upon his country even if he were to exile them.
>>
No. 704583 ID: 02422f

>But i know he might have just made both of your lives miserable.
...it wasn't miserable. He was distant, and he kept me hidden, but he gave me a live.
>>
No. 704585 ID: 5ad4a7

Ooohhhh I hope we still have that interrogation-curse amulet.
>>
No. 704844 ID: eb8330
File 145626662270.jpg - (184.76KB , 750x600 , WS85.jpg )
704844

>In the north, the north of another country or the same? How far can the king and orc reach? And which lands accept asylum for weirdlings? Wouldn't the king just deport them there rather than kill them if there was such a place? Surely the bloodshed in the purges corrupt his land at least a little bit, I mean, he made murder illegal between non-weirdlings because I imagine the gods dislike murder. I mean, the man's a dillusional immortal, but the man could NOT be king for long if he ignores all practical solutions in his madness. Maybe this is the one time he ignored a practical solution over murder, but...
>I'm sorry, I just... don't know where it would be safe. What country would take us?

>Where would that place be, Ulric? And how long before Peregros extends his reach toward it?

You ask Ulric if a place that accepts Weirdlings even exists.

Ulric: "BUT OF COURSE! On the other side of the sea, where i come from, the kingdom of Grandos and the other kingdoms are more welcoming of your kind! These lands have been plagued for too long by the madness of Peregros but there is an entire world outside this kingdom! We just need to meet up with my friends. They are waiting for me and you on a bridge, not too far away from here! After that we will have to travel to our hideout, and from there, a ship will take you all into your new life! Be strong!"

You ask who would be so bold to get a ship into Gund's territory.

Ulric: "It belong to a family of great adventurers. They sent their two sons, who are around your age. They might be young, but believe me, you can trust them on doing a good job!"
>>
No. 704846 ID: eb8330
File 145626680531.jpg - (189.02KB , 750x600 , WS86.jpg )
704846

>Peregros probably wants to cleanse weirdling taint altogether, not just remove it from his own lands. Even if he doesn't, he probably thinks that weirdlings would still be a stain upon his country even if he were to exile them.

>So, what happens next?

>Did he ever find out what happened? It would be hard to believe they did not kill the baby.

You ask the important question.

You ask Ulric if Berillio ever learnt what happened to his son.

Urlic: "No, and neither did we. The inquisition bring them into places we cannot reach. We have been trying to help out and find where they bring the prisoners, but without results. We decided to focus on saving as many as we can for now."

>Did we make it out of the guards' range?

Ulric: "We should be safe for now."

*THUNK!*
>>
No. 704849 ID: eb8330
File 145626699228.jpg - (97.91KB , 900x550 , WS87.jpg )
704849

A chilling voice comes from the trees.

???: "Thossssssse thingssssssss belong to me! Ssssssurrender them to me!"

A masked figure stands between the trees, right thirty-fourty meters behind you.

Freak: "THE HIGH INQUISITOR!"

Ulric: "SHIT! GET OUT!"
>>
No. 704852 ID: 02422f

>>704849
No mercy.

Hit him with an ear-splitting shriek, projected to sound like it's coming from right behind him, followed up by casting burden, then skipping stone. Freak, pile on with a mindblast. No pulling punches, here.

Probably supposed to be an unwinnable boss fight, so throwing stuff at it is just to buy as much time as possible. No qualms about killing them, though, if we can.

...one creative solution is if we could find the resonate frequency of their armor or weapon, and bombard them with that tone.
>>
No. 704885 ID: 5ea852

Well, crap, get Freak on Bella too and leg it! Could Bella sort-of launch herself with her giant arm?
>>
No. 704896 ID: 2ccbb3

Grab the Inquisitarang with some sturdy cloth.

Siren song, five feet above the High Inquisitor. Make him think you've got assassins.
>>
No. 704910 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704849
You can cast Burden on him to slow him down (if it even works) and Skip Stone to fend him off, but mainly I think everyone should continue running. Try to reach the bridge.
>>
No. 704921 ID: bb78f2

>>704849
Cast Burdan, say "Sit Boy!"
>>
No. 705041 ID: f6442a

He doesn't know you're a weirdling yet, so your mutations are a wildcard. Even with antennae, the High Inquisitor himself probably isn't that vulnerable to magic like Burden. Still, it's worth a try.
Can't think of anything convincing to do with throwing your voice yet; try to wait until you've broken line of sight!
>>
No. 706566 ID: da3774
File 145687127871.jpg - (41.41KB , 750x550 , WS88.jpg )
706566

>Hit him with an ear-splitting shriek, projected to sound like it's coming from right behind him, followed up by casting burden, then skipping stone. Freak, pile on with a mindblast. No pulling punches, here.

>Siren song, five feet above the High Inquisitor. Make him think you've got assassins.

>You can cast Burden on him to slow him down (if it even works) and Skip Stone to fend him off, but mainly I think everyone should continue running.

>Cast Burdan, say "Sit Boy!"

You start casting the spell, while the High Inquisitor starts closing the distance with quick steps.

He slightly slow down after you finish casting your spell. Which surprises you, since it should be strong enough to drop a horse on his knee!
>>
No. 706569 ID: da3774
File 145687152537.jpg - (68.20KB , 800x470 , WS89.jpg )
706569

Ulric draws his sword and runs toward the High Inquisitor.

You cast your voice behind the Inquisitor, hoping it will distract him, but he doesn't seem to even notice it.

>Well, crap, get Freak on Bella too and leg it!

>mainly I think everyone should continue running.

Bella and Freak begin to run, while you try your best to hold onto Bella's grasp without being thrown off by her movement.
>>
No. 706570 ID: da3774
File 145687159897.jpg - (157.71KB , 750x500 , WS90.jpg )
706570

While running away, you take a good look at Bella's face. She is on the verge of crying. You whisper that everything will go alright. That You will meet the others at the bridge and later rendovouz with Ulric.

She doesn't seem too convinced.
>>
No. 706571 ID: da3774
File 145687171110.jpg - (59.15KB , 800x450 , WS91.jpg )
706571

After a long run through the woods, you finally reach the river and the bridge.

You squint your eyes, and you manage to see three shadowy figures waiting on the bridge. The light of the half moon isn't strong enough to let you discern any detail.
>>
No. 706575 ID: 2a7417

Have they seen you yet? Do they appear armed?
>>
No. 706604 ID: 02422f

>He slightly slow down after you finish casting your spell. Which surprises you, since it should be strong enough to drop a horse on his knee!
Obviously, they're considerably stronger than a horse. (Possibly a wildling themselves, buffed from enchantments, equipment, potions before battle, or just really high level to start with). That, or they're protected by some effect that dampens or lessens the impact of your spell.

At least your debuff did something, I half expected them to be immune or ignore it.

>>706571
Ask Freak what he sees. He's got better eyes than you. And nightvision.
>>
No. 707355 ID: 139629

Consult the walkthrough on the Internet.
>>
No. 707368 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706604
"Freak, what do your weirdling eyes see?"

If it's not obvious from him looking, you can go alone. The Inquisitor's men wouldn't recognize you, so they won't immediately try to abduct you.
>>
No. 707394 ID: 92a560

You're normal looking Under your disguise, set down your golem with Bella and have them wait out of sight while you get closer to confirm things
>>
No. 707430 ID: b18882
File 145720792032.jpg - (51.30KB , 600x500 , WS92.jpg )
707430

>Have they seen you yet? Do they appear armed?

You can't distinguish anything aside from three shadowy figures.

>Ask Freak what he sees. He's got better eyes than you. And nightvision.

>"Freak, what do your weirdling eyes see?"

You ask Freak if he can see anything more.

Freak: "I can see a elf, a human and... someone really tall bending. maybe a orc? I can't really see much aside their backs from here."
>>
No. 707432 ID: b18882
File 145720812311.jpg - (80.97KB , 800x500 , WS93.jpg )
707432

>If it's not obvious from him looking, you can go alone. The Inquisitor's men wouldn't recognize you, so they won't immediately try to abduct you.

>You're normal looking Under your disguise, set down your golem with Bella and have them wait out of sight while you get closer to confirm things

You tell the other two Weirdling to stay behind and hide. You give Pebblesqueak to Freak and get closer to the bridge.

Midway there, you call their attention.

No answer. Then suddenly the central figure shakes.

???: "Mmmhrggh?"
>>
No. 707433 ID: b18882
File 145720820984.jpg - (68.22KB , 850x500 , WS94.jpg )
707433

???: "Ah, damn. I musssssssssssst have fall asssssssssssleep again... Alwaysssss happen when i get bored..."

The two figures standing near him fall on the ground. Corpses without heads.
>>
No. 707434 ID: b18882
File 145720831601.jpg - (56.28KB , 600x600 , WS95.jpg )
707434

???: "It'sssssss dangeroussssssss to be out alone at thisssssssss hour, young lady. Don't you know there are weirdlingsssssssss around?"

The creature bends his neck in a weird angle to look at you. The moon partially shines on his mask.

it sounded exactly like the High Inquisitor...
>>
No. 707438 ID: 02422f

>>707434
Burden, and grab a stone for Skipping Stone.
>>
No. 707439 ID: 5ad4a7

...maybe we can avoid a fight. Tell him thanks for the warning, and you'll head back home immediately. Then turn around and go back to the others. Keep moving along the river, try crossing over it out of sight.
>>
No. 707441 ID: bb78f2

Since burden didn't work on that other guy, use it on the bridge to make him lose his footing, then have Bella pick all of you up and do a super jump.

Confirm Bella can super jump before going with this plan.
>>
No. 707443 ID: bb78f2

>>707441
Oh crap, I left out crucial details. Burden the bridge to break so he falls into the river, and have Bella Super Jump over the river.
>>
No. 707450 ID: f6442a

Thanksforthewarningiwasjustleavingkthxbai
>>
No. 707699 ID: 139629

Very loudly conclude that he is no mortal being.
>>
No. 708809 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787198517.jpg - (48.47KB , 750x550 , WS96.jpg )
708809

>Very loudly conclude that he is no mortal being.

That thing is without a doubt an inquisitor. Or something similar at least...

>Burden, and grab a stone for Skipping Stone

>Since burden didn't work on that other guy, use it on the bridge to make him lose his footing, then have Bella pick all of you up and do a super jump.

You are not sure Burden will work, and it can only be casted on living beings.

>Thanksforthewarningiwasjustleavingkthxbai

>...maybe we can avoid a fight. Tell him thanks for the warning, and you'll head back home immediately. Then turn around and go back to the others. Keep moving along the river, try crossing over it out of sight.

You say you are sorry, you were going out for a walk and didn't know there were monsters roaming around. You thank him and tell him you are going back to town immediately.
>>
No. 708810 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787216015.jpg - (66.45KB , 700x600 , WS97.jpg )
708810

???: "Oh! Pleasssssssse don't go. It'sssssssss ssssssssssso boring out here"

He closes the gap between you two with incredible speed.

???: "Let me introduce mysssssssself, little one. I'm high inquisssssssitor Sssssssslarr."

He grabs your shoulder with his metal-clad claws.

???: "Keep me company. Let'sssssssss play a game."
>>
No. 708811 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787231483.png - (169.28KB , 800x600 , WS98.png )
708811

Slarr: "The game issssss called where issssss the other weirdling? I have been told there were two of you. You tell me where the other one issssssss, and you win! It'sssssss a great game! You don't tell me where they are? Well, in that casssssssssse you losssssssse. And trusssssssst me. You don't want to losssssssssse..."
>>
No. 708865 ID: f6442a

Those two weirdlings that were in town? Didn't you guys have them in a cage in the town square? Surely you know what they look like. I wasn't one of them!

Remember, talking through the amulet...
>>
No. 708872 ID: 2ccbb3

Act high, call for Freak. Give Bella an opportunity to charge a sneak attack.
>>
No. 708877 ID: 02422f

>>708811
Stall. Fidget against it like you're nervous, and stammer out um and ahs nonsense and protestations about not being a weirdling.

The fidgeting is to cover up the fact that you're drawing a magic circle on it. Yes, cast trap on it's chest.

Then we're gonna blow it up first chance we get.
>>
No. 708879 ID: bb78f2

>>708811
Throw voice "HELP, WEIRDLING ATTACK!" somewhere else.
>>
No. 708900 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708865
This is good.

If he somehow knows you're a weirdling, you should throw your voice over to Freak and Bella to ask them for help. Maybe Bella can throw a boulder at him?
>>
No. 709540 ID: 635052
File 145807816145.png - (102.49KB , 700x600 , WS099.png )
709540

>Remember, talking through the amulet...

You talk through the amulet and tell the High Inquisitor that you aren't a weirdling.

Slarr: "Oh pleassssssssse I would not be an inquissssssitor if i couldn't recognize mutationsssss on the ssssspot. Ventriloquissssssssm is a rare one too. Mussssst have been really usssssssseful to hide around, eh?"

>Act high, call for Freak. Give Bella an opportunity to charge a sneak attack.

>If he somehow knows you're a weirdling, you should throw your voice over to Freak and Bella to ask them for help. Maybe Bella can throw a boulder at him?

You throw your voice where the other weirdlings are, whispering for their help. You have no idea if they might still be there, and you are too scared you'll reveal them if you look in their direction.

>Stall. Fidget against it like you're nervous, and stammer out um and ahs nonsense and protestations about not being a weirdling. The fidgeting is to cover up the fact that you're drawing a magic circle on it. Yes, cast trap on it's chest. Then we're gonna blow it up first chance we get.

>Those two weirdlings that were in town? Didn't you guys have them in a cage in the town square? Surely you know what they look like. I wasn't one of them!

You start mumbling and rambling something about the fact that you might be a weirdling but you are not the weirdling that run away. You also start fidgeting, trying to cast trap on his chest.
>>
No. 709542 ID: 635052
File 145807849171.png - (52.85KB , 550x500 , WS100.png )
709542

He grabs your hand abruptly.

Slarr: "Nice try. I can recognize sssssssssspellssssss, little one. I'm not the usssssual inquisssssssitor."

His grasp is strong and he starts to tighten it, making you gasp in pain as you hear your bone cracking lightly.

Slarr: "Now. back to the game... Remember. I only need to bring you alive. They never sssssssaid anything about bringing weirdlingssssss back in one piece. Tell. Me. Where. The. Othersssssssss. Are."

You clench your teeth as the pain grows stronger and stronger as your hand is getting crushed.

Slarr: "Piece by piece. Tell. Me. Where. The. Othersssss."
>>
No. 709543 ID: 635052
File 145807858286.png - (108.32KB , 800x600 , WS101.png )
709543

Slarr: "A-RRRH!"

He's suddenly cut short by a large rock that impacts on his arm, making a horrible wet noise.

You turn around to thank Bella for her help.

But you get another surprise.
>>
No. 709544 ID: 635052
File 145807869906.png - (91.03KB , 650x600 , WS102.png )
709544

Pebblesqueak: "PROTECT-MASHA!"

This is the first time you have ever heard Peeblesqueak Talk.

>YOU ARE NOW PEBBLESQUEAK, SMALL STONE GOLEM AND MASHA'S PROTECTOR

PROTECT. MASHA.
>>
No. 709545 ID: bb78f2

>>709544
I need a move list PeebleSqueek!
Beat him again or something.
>>
No. 709546 ID: f56624

>>709544
PEBBLESQUEAK, SMASH
most important thing right now is getting masha out of his grasp, though. Once that's done, we gotta keep our distance. I doubt we can FLEE right now, but we can try and gauge what it is he HAS.
>>
No. 709549 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709544
Break his legs first so he can't get away and alert the other inquisitor or any other forces that are nearby. Then get on his head and crush it like a melon. Well, wait first you have to get authorization to use lethal force. Wouldn't want Masha to have to deal with a murder-machine guardian.

If he grabs you, break his wrist/hand. I'm interested in seeing what he is under that full-body wrap, too. If you can tear off some of his bindings/mask, that might even disable him depending on what he is.
>>
No. 709557 ID: 02422f

>I would not be an inquissssssitor if i couldn't recognize mutationsssss on the ssssspot.
Hmm. So it's a requirement they can all recognize a weirdling on sight? Useful information for the future, I suppose. Disguises are insufficient, where inquisitors are concerned. The only defense is to avoid them all together.

>what do
...can Masha cast skipping stone one Pebblesqueak? That would be one hell of a tackle.

Other than that, she should totally take advantage of the distraction to Burden the inquisitor.

>what Pebblesqueak do
Rip and tear right through that thing's protective covering.
>>
No. 709558 ID: 3663d3

get it in a hold so it can't fight and masha can flee.
>>
No. 709621 ID: fac1d0

PROTECT MASHA!!!!

WHAT CAN YOU DO PEEBS?


Also lets see if we can win without a sacrifice play plz
>>
No. 709682 ID: 2a7417

>>709621
>WHAT CAN YOU DO PEEBS?
Throw very large rocks, apparently!

So keep doing that! Go for the mask!
>>
No. 709731 ID: 4e0f96

It's clobberin time!
>>
No. 709927 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824592478.png - (82.38KB , 700x600 , WS103.png )
709927

>I need a move list PeebleSqueek!

>WHAT CAN YOU DO PEEBS?

HASTE RUNE - READY BLAST RUNE - READY BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - READY


>most important thing right now is getting masha out of his grasp, though. Once that's done, we gotta keep our distance. I doubt we can FLEE right now, but we can try and gauge what it is he HAS.


HASTE RUNE - ACTIVATEDREADY
>>
No. 709928 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824608102.png - (76.79KB , 600x600 , WS104.png )
709928

>Throw very large rocks, apparently! So keep doing that! Go for the mask!

NO BOULDERS FOUND!

>get it in a hold so it can't fight and masha can flee.

>Beat him again or something.

ENEMY HAS BEEN GRABBED

"RUN MISS MASHA! RUN!

Masha starts fleeing.

Slarr: "You sssssserioussssssly think this rock with legsssss can ssssssslow me down?"
>>
No. 709929 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824615983.png - (80.97KB , 600x600 , WS105.png )
709929

>It's clobberin time!


>PEBBLESQUEAK, SMASH

Slarr: "WHA"
>>
No. 709930 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824623553.png - (160.04KB , 800x530 , WS106.png )
709930

Slarr: "AAAAAAA"

You slam the high inquisitor on the ground.

Slarr: "Ok! Wassssssss not expecting that!"
>>
No. 709932 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824632779.png - (118.56KB , 600x600 , WS107.png )
709932

>Break his legs first so he can't get away and alert the other inquisitor or any other forces that are nearby.

You slam your fist into his leg, making a horrid wet and humid sound.

Slarr: ""RRRRRRRH!"

PROTECT MASHA
>>
No. 709933 ID: bb78f2

If you still have grip, RIP AND TEAR
MIX WITH A BLAST RUNE.
>>
No. 709940 ID: f36501

Broken legs, blast his face in if you can. But only if you can do it without getting hurt yourself.

You gotta stay alive to protect Masha!!

But I agree a rip and tear would be great and satisfy my curiosity as to what the fuck is under that suit
>>
No. 709942 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709932
...wet? No crunching sound? Is this guy made of slime?

BLAST to the face.
>>
No. 709952 ID: 2a7417

Use Blast Rune 1, point blank.
>>
No. 709953 ID: 02422f

>>709932
Jump in the air, come crashing down on it's midsection, then Blast Rune, to the face.
>>
No. 709960 ID: 67d5dc

Does activating another rune turn off Haste? might be an effect time to burden him to keep him down.
>>
No. 709977 ID: 99a64d

something something RIP AND TEAR! something something HUGE GUTS!

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0
>>
No. 710036 ID: f562b1

Hmm. If he's just wet and squishy, like slime, then maybe busting the bindings on his body will prevent him from taking form, reducing his capacity to move around as easily. I imagine they would act as his bones.
>>
No. 711227 ID: 6afddc
File 145885038047.png - (74.04KB , 660x600 , WS108.png )
711227

>If you still have grip, RIP AND TEAR

>But I agree a rip and tear would be great and satisfy my curiosity as to what the fuck is under that suit

>something something RIP AND TEAR! something something HUGE GUTS!

You try to rip apart the cloth that covers the leg of the high inquistor without success. The fabric is extremely elastic and stretchy.
>>
No. 711230 ID: 6afddc
File 145885053849.png - (83.90KB , 800x550 , WS109.png )
711230

>Broken legs, blast his face in if you can. But only if you can do it without getting hurt yourself.

>Use Blast Rune 1, point blank.

>Jump in the air, come crashing down on it's midsection, then Blast Rune, to the face.

>Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0

You jump on the high inquisitor's back and run up to his chest area

HASTE RUNE - DEACTIVATED BLAST RUNE - CHARGING BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - READY
>>
No. 711231 ID: 6afddc
File 145885058855.png - (206.83KB , 800x550 , WS110.png )
711231

HASTE RUNE - READY BLAST RUNE - ACTIVATED BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - READY
>>
No. 711233 ID: 6afddc
File 145885073712.png - (118.68KB , 750x600 , WS111.png )
711233

HASTE RUNE - READY BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - READY

The smoking remains of the High Inquisitor's neck should be a good proof that the hit landed.

THREAT ELIMINATED MASHA SAFE
>>
No. 711234 ID: 6afddc
File 145885082021.png - (97.01KB , 800x550 , WS112.png )
711234

Slarr: "Youuuuuu missssssed meeeeee~"

THREAT DETECTED PROTECT MASHA

Slarr: "MY TURN!"
>>
No. 711235 ID: 6afddc
File 145885090016.png - (112.89KB , 700x600 , WS113.png )
711235

Slarr: "Gotcha!"

DAMAGE RECEIVED STILL ABLE TO FIGHT. PROTECT. MASHA.
>>
No. 711240 ID: 2a7417

Not enough ripping and tearing. Rip and tear his limbs, then blast rune his guts.
>>
No. 711242 ID: 5ad4a7

Activate Haste rune again, rip off its weapons. Break more of it by stomps and punches, then go to the neck and aim a blast rune straight down its torso.
>>
No. 711243 ID: c45b7e

>>711240
Dude is fast. Burden his ass, and haste yourself. Its the only way to even out this fight.
>>
No. 711257 ID: 90f3c0

He seems to be able to move around in his clothing, maybe he's some sort of blob monster. Blast him in the center of mass to make sure you hit him.
>>
No. 711286 ID: 02422f

Huh. It retracted its head / neck down into the torso of the outfit to prevent decapitation?

>>711235
Grab that limb it hit you with and use it to flip 'em over.

Burden Rune, then haste, again.
>>
No. 711304 ID: b7dfa3

He can re-form his body, but shouldn't be able to re-form the metal armor he is damaging you with. Haste self, grab that spiked boot and crush it into uselessness, then get the other one if you can.
>>
No. 711403 ID: 2f4b71

That blast opened up his 'clothing'. Pull off the metal ring, and start tearing up that fabric from the opening.
>>
No. 711718 ID: bb78f2

Important tactical note, all his limbs are addition heads.

MUST BLAST CORE TO NEUTRALIZE FOE! The CORE is the WEAKNESS!
>>
No. 711720 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait, if it's a slime... toss it in the river! Its suit is punctured so it'll get over-diluted and die.
>>
No. 713029 ID: 4b7681
File 145954454087.png - (74.49KB , 600x660 , WS114.png )
713029

Slarr: "You ssssssstupid piece of overgrown dirt. Thissssss isssssssss an expensssssssive outfit you know?"

The high Inquisitor ties a knot on his outfit.
>>
No. 713030 ID: 4b7681
File 145954466947.png - (88.98KB , 800x500 , WS115.png )
713030

>Burden Rune,

>Dude is fast. Burden his ass, and haste yourself. Its the only way to even out this fight.

You pick yourself up from the ground.

Slarr: "Don't even try..."

HASTE RUNE - READY BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - ACTIVATED
>>
No. 713032 ID: 4b7681
File 145954485946.png - (172.85KB , 700x600 , WS116.png )
713032

> then haste, again.

>haste yourself. Its the only way to even out this fight.

HASTE RUNE - ACTIVATED BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BLAST RUNE - READY BURDEN RUNE - DEPLETED

>Not enough ripping and tearing. Rip and tear his limbs, then blast rune his guts.

>He seems to be able to move around in his clothing, maybe he's some sort of blob monster. Blast him in the center of mass to make sure you hit him.

>That blast opened up his 'clothing'. Pull off the metal ring, and start tearing up that fabric from the opening.

>MUST BLAST CORE TO NEUTRALIZE FOE! The CORE is the WEAKNESS!

>Wait, if it's a slime... toss it in the river! Its suit is punctured so it'll get over-diluted and die.

You sprint toward the High Inquisitor, aiming for his metal rings so that you can get a good hold on him.
>>
No. 713034 ID: 4b7681
File 145954500828.png - (115.24KB , 700x600 , WS117.png )
713034

Slarr intercepts you in mid jump and slams your face into the ground, pinning you down.

Slarr: "Nice try. But that doesssssssn't work on me."

PROTECT. MASHA.
>>
No. 713037 ID: 3663d3

the hand is on you, grab it. flip forward
>>
No. 713054 ID: 59a537

Grab the hand and twist. If you can get him off you aim a Blast for the part of his torso with that metal band around it.
>>
No. 713070 ID: 5ad4a7

>>713034
Break his arm, get a good grip on his outfit and BLAST RUNE center of mass.
>>
No. 713075 ID: 02422f

>>713034
Grab the hand in your two hands, and then break it. Fold its hand in half lengthwise.
>>
No. 713082 ID: 607b71

if masha is still around i would have here putting trap runes on small pebbles... lots and lots of small pebbles.
its like having your own personal bag of grenades
>>
No. 713263 ID: c45b7e

>>713034
twist head around, active blast rune, and run, run away fast. Survive to protect.
>>
No. 713315 ID: bb78f2

Masha, I know we're not controlling you but please tell me you've learnt one of his spells from watching this battle, either blast or haste. I know that's a lot to learn in a short time but adrenaline and desperation makes the brain do wonders.

We need BOTH of you in this battle, and if you've learned haste and blast, you just became a power house.
>>
No. 713500 ID: f924d5

One thing I suggest if he doesn't just stay down(I mean if he doesn't stop moving altogether),is to just keep hitting joints and vital. In that order. If he is crippled and unable to follow you and your Mistress, return to her side to continue your Protection Of MASHA.
>>
No. 719028 ID: 433763
File 146161230462.png - (72.64KB , 600x600 , WS118.png )
719028

>the hand is on you, grab it. flip forward

>Break his arm, get a good grip on his outfit and BLAST RUNE center of mass.

>Grab the hand in your two hands, and then break it. Fold its hand in half lengthwise.

You twist your arms and manage to grab the high inquisitor's hand. Your grasp tightens on it, and you can feel the metal giving up under your own strenght.

HASTE RUNE - DEACTIVATED BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BLAST RUNE - CHARGING BURDEN RUNE - DEPLETED
>>
No. 719029 ID: 433763
File 146161236040.png - (154.88KB , 600x750 , WS119.png )
719029

> If you can get him off you aim a Blast for the part of his torso with that metal band around it.

> twist head around, active blast rune
>>
No. 719030 ID: 433763
File 146161248025.png - (94.56KB , 600x750 , WS120.png )
719030

Slarr: "Whelp! That ssssssssservessssss me right for playing around..."

You didn't manage to land a hit on the center of the mass due to your awkward position, but it seems the blast managed to rip off something at least.

PROTECT MASHA
>>
No. 719036 ID: d1fde2

>Whelp! That ssssssssservessssss me right for playing around...

Threat is indicating that it is about to engage a strong attack. Defend, survive, buy time for Masha.
>>
No. 719037 ID: bb78f2

Haste yourself to some cover, get another blast charge, and keep it up. With two limbs gone, he's fighting at 3/5s capacity.
>>
No. 719088 ID: 5ad4a7

>>719030
Lunge forward, grab the loincloth, use your momentum to swing around onto his back. Climb up and grab the metal ring on the shoulder of his remaining arm, and crunch it so that you effectively cut off that limb. Do that to his legs too. Then just pound his helpless body until it stops moving. After that, take his outfit apart to see what kind of thing he was underneath.
>>
No. 719093 ID: a075ba

>>719030
Jump on it's chest, rip open that knot, and climb inside the hole.

You're going to rip it apart, from inside out.
>>
No. 719098 ID: 5ad4a7

...I don't suppose we can request assistance from the incredibly strong Weirdling?
>>
No. 721881 ID: b73e84
File 146273532295.png - (90.74KB , 600x650 , WS121.png )
721881

>Threat is indicating that it is about to engage a strong attack. Defend, survive, buy time for Masha.

>Haste yourself to some cover, get another blast charge, and keep it up. With two limbs gone, he's fighting at 3/5s capacity.

>Lunge forward, grab the loincloth, use your momentum to swing around onto his back. Climb up and grab the metal ring on the shoulder of his remaining arm, and crunch it so that you effectively cut off that limb. Do that to his legs too. Then just pound his helpless body until it stops moving. After that, take his outfit apart to see what kind of thing he was underneath.

>Jump on it's chest, rip open that knot, and climb inside the hole. You're going to rip it apart, from inside out.

HASTE RUNE - ACTIVATED BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BLAST RUNE - DEPLETED BURDEN RUNE - DEPLETED

You haste yourself and quickly cover the distance between you and the high inquisitor, with his arms either gone or busy you have no problem in jumping on his chest and grab onto his chest. The knot right under your fingers, while you quickly move the other hand to have a better hold on his clothes.

PROTECT
>>
No. 721882 ID: b73e84
File 146273535023.png - (74.88KB , 580x700 , WS122.png )
721882

>>
No. 721883 ID: b73e84
File 146273538569.png - (215.10KB , 730x600 , WS123.png )
721883

>>
No. 721884 ID: b73e84
File 146273547324.png - (124.88KB , 750x550 , WS124.png )
721884

Slarr: "Where the hell did it throw my arm?"

Slarr: "OH! There it isssssssss"

>>
No. 721885 ID: b73e84
File 146273557148.png - (82.90KB , 750x550 , WS125.png )
721885

MASHAAAAAA
>>
No. 721887 ID: b73e84
File 146273577321.png - (73.88KB , 750x600 , WS126.png )
721887

>You are now Masha Earthcaller

You feel tired, but you know you should not stop running.

You don't really know where you are or where you are going, nor you can see the other weirdlings anymore.

You hope Pebblesqueak has managed to at least slow down whatever that monster was.

You are alone, tired and incredibly scared.
>>
No. 721902 ID: a22f87

quick, can you see the stars? If so do you know which one is the north star? If you can figure that out you can use it to try and travel to where Ulric said the ship that he's using to sneak weirdlings out. He did say it was Two cities from where you just ran from in the south. and since he said we' be leaving by ship the city has to be a port town. That should make it easier for us to find right?
>>
No. 721911 ID: a075ba

>>721887
Stop running.

Take stock of your surroundings. Listen, do you hear anything, from any direction? Look around- can you see lights that show you which direction town is in, or which way there might be searchers? Look up, can you see the stars or the moon to guide you?

Running blind will just serve to exhaust you. I know it's hard not to panic, but any action you take needs to be one that helps. You can't afford to tire yourself running in the wrong direction, or in circles.
>>
No. 722514 ID: f6442a

Pebblesqueak's efforts are Masha-ppreciated.

You should start looking for a place to hide and take shelter for the night.
>>
No. 730497 ID: 3169fd
File 146628026557.png - (65.81KB , 600x680 , WS127.png )
730497

>Stop running.

>Running blind will just serve to exhaust you. I know it's hard not to panic, but any action you take needs to be one that helps. You can't afford to tire yourself running in the wrong direction, or in circles.

You stop for a moment and catch your breath. Your heart is still pounding in your chest.

>quick, can you see the stars? If so do you know which one is the north star? If you can figure that out you can use it to try and travel to where Ulric said the ship that he's using to sneak weirdlings out. He did say it was Two cities from where you just ran from in the south. and since he said we' be leaving by ship the city has to be a port town. That should make it easier for us to find right?

You try to look up to the sky, but the branches of the trees block most of your visual.
>>
No. 730499 ID: 3169fd
File 146628046877.png - (79.00KB , 670x600 , WS128.png )
730499

>You should start looking for a place to hide and take shelter for the night.

>Take stock of your surroundings. Listen, do you hear anything, from any direction? Look around- can you see lights that show you which direction town is in, or which way there might be searchers? Look up, can you see the stars or the moon to guide you?

It's really dark, and you can barely see through the treetrunks. You are surprised you managed to run all the way through here without hitting anything.

You can hear some rustling coming from your left. But... your antennas are also picking a faint magical aura, on your right.
>>
No. 730501 ID: 358228

Go for the magical aura.
>>
No. 730534 ID: 398fe1

I say rustling. Our pursuer is skilled enough not to make obvious noise, so that might be one of our friends.

The magic could be *anything*.
>>
No. 730542 ID: a075ba

To your knowledge, none of the three people you were traveling with were capable of using magic. Unless that's a potion that was given to one of them, I'm not sure you should be sensing them magically.

Let's check the rustling.
>>
No. 736200 ID: f75a70
File 146869686175.png - (82.62KB , 750x600 , WS129.png )
736200

>Let's check the rustling.
>I say rustling. Our pursuer is skilled enough not to make obvious noise, so that might be one of our friends.

You decide to move toward the rustling sounds.

as you get closer you also start hearing muffled sobs.
>>
No. 736201 ID: f75a70
File 146869704490.png - (108.46KB , 800x600 , WS130.png )
736201

Bella looks up from her...

you are not really sure she even tried to hide...

Bella: "I-is the i-inquisitor -SNIFF- g-g-g-gone?"

Her eyes are filled with tears

Bella: "I'm s-scared"
>>
No. 736207 ID: 2e2d71

>>736201
Put a hand on her shoulder.

You don't know if it's gone, but we should leave.

Come on, let's find the others and find someplace safe.
>>
No. 736214 ID: b2d501

Ask her where Freak went. You need to find a vehicle / animal transport, try to rescue Freak, and skedaddle before the Inquisitor is done with his break and turns on scan mode.

Assure her that this won't even be hard, the woods are just close enough to the city for bandit raids. Any animals which escaped raids would likely have gone feral and bred. There should be some feral horses around here, you just need to use your powers to catch one and the rest is just riding out of this hellhole.

Use your powers: horse call. The inquisitor might not realize that's you, and if a horse or predator decides to investigate, Bella can grab it and ride you out of there.
>>
No. 736240 ID: 398fe1

>>736201
Bella, we have to keep moving. Quietly.
>>
No. 736257 ID: 9fdb37

"I know, but you have to be brave right now to run away."
>>
No. 740717 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051293316.png - (125.22KB , 750x600 , WS131.png )
740717

>Put a hand on her shoulder.

>Ask her where Freak went. You need to find a vehicle / animal transport, try to rescue Freak, and skedaddle before the Inquisitor is done with his break and turns on scan mode.

You take off your hat, as you can't bear the fabric hitting your antennas anymore. Then you put your hand on Bella's shoulder. This seems to calm her a little.

You ask her where Freak is

Bella: "H-he went somewhere, he said he was going to try and throw him off somehow and then w-we would have run away"
>>
No. 740719 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051319853.png - (105.53KB , 850x600 , WS132.png )
740719

>Bella, we have to keep moving. Quietly.

>Come on, let's find the others and find someplace safe.

>"I know, but you have to be brave right now to run away."

You are not sure where Freak is too, nor the inquisitor. But you are sure it's too dangerous to stay still.

You tell Bella that you both need to move, and find a way to get away faster.

She looks at you for a moment, then she grabs your hand in her oversized claws and gets up

Bella: "Ok..." she whispers quietly.

You start guiding the colossal houndling among the trees. Both of you moving carefully but steadily in the dark of the night.

Whenever a rustling sound breaks the silence, Bella clenches your hand. Surprisingly, she is way more delicate than what you'd imagine.

The night breeze drifts across your antennas in a refreshing manner. It does feel good having those exposed for once.
>>
No. 740720 ID: b2d501

Use echolocation to find anything that can get you out of this forest.
>>
No. 740721 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051335657.png - (73.23KB , 850x600 , WS133.png )
740721

Suddenly a loud screech breaks the silence and makes your ears perk up.

Bella: "That was Freak! He must be in danger!"

Even if you try, you can't hear anything anymore.
>>
No. 740726 ID: 3e182c

Keep moving. As you are now you can't beat this guy.
>>
No. 740779 ID: 24100f

>>740721
Can you tell which direction the noise came from?

Let's cautiously approach that direction.
>>
No. 740938 ID: 358228

Despite how outclassed you are, try to help Freak out anyway.
>>
No. 741130 ID: d07da8

Welp, it's time for a selfless, bumbling, suicidal heroism.
>>
No. 743224 ID: 398fe1

Hey maybe don't fight the thing you have no chance of beating.
>>
No. 750417 ID: 6756a9
File 147526531711.png - (85.32KB , 500x650 , WS134.png )
750417

>Can you tell which direction the noise came from?

>Despite how outclassed you are, try to help Freak out anyway.

>Welp, it's time for a selfless, bumbling, suicidal heroism.

The sound was loud enough and coming from a specific part.

You grab a couple of pebbles from the ground. You don't know how much they could help against a High Inquisitor, but you feel safer with a couple of actual projectiles for your spells.
>>
No. 750418 ID: 6756a9
File 147526551558.png - (122.57KB , 750x650 , WS135.png )
750418

>Let's cautiously approach that direction.

>Hey maybe don't fight the thing you have no chance of beating.

You tell Bella to follow you quietly and you both slowly move toward the noise, trying to be as silent as possible.

After few minutes you can hear rustling sounds and you squat down into the tall grass.

From behind the trees, Slarr appears, carrying an unconscious Freak under his arm.

Slarr: "Where issssssssssssss ssssssssssshe? Come on... I'm done playing, little one..."

He hasn't noticed you yet.
>>
No. 750422 ID: 398fe1

Quick inventory check- what potions do we have, again?
>>
No. 750449 ID: 505f10

>unconscious Freak
>where is she
He expects us to come save freak and is most likely expecting an attack from us. What he might not be expecting is an attack by Bella. We could either do a buffed skipping stone (normal is crossbow bolt strength) or burden him and have Bella hit him with something.
We also know Trap so we could set up something and lure him over to a spot with our voice throwing, but if he realizes it's us making a sound(regardless of where) I get the impression he would threaten to hurt Freak unless we came to him.

We also need to learn when to seal of protection better. Being able to ignore two of this guy's hits is a very big deal.
>>
No. 750450 ID: 398fe1

>>750449
Burden does basically nothing against this guy and Skip Stone isn't likely to injure him very much if the fight with the golem is any indication.
>>
No. 750456 ID: 094652

Throw your voice above him, feign an aerial takedown while you sneak up from behind and grab Freak.
>>
No. 750537 ID: 71d443

Trap is the only thing that might be able to tear new holes in the fabric. The thing inside is capable of brute force, but if Bella crushes his feet and gauntlets he'll lose the ability to stab, and that should even the odds that Bella can reopen the knot.

Give Bella a seal of protection, and prepare Trap on a large stone. Bella can carry it into range to hit him.
>>
No. 750538 ID: 505f10

>>750537
Most of that plan is good. Only issue is that seal of protection is a 2 min casting time; which is a really long time in a fight(a dnd round is six seconds, so 20 rounds of casting). We might not have time to finish it, so I say trap a boulder first(5 seconds) and seal if you can.

>>709540
He knows we have ventriloquism and is actively looking for us/expecting us (but not Bella) so misdirection is probably not gonna work.
>>
No. 750561 ID: 3abd97

Well, the choice to disengage and sneak away, leaving Freak to his fate for your own safety, has probably been taken off the table for you. It's very unlikely you could persuade Bella to abandon him without making enough noise to draw its attention.

>>750537
Reasonable, but I doubt trap works right if you cast on an object being waved around or used as a weapon. It would probably go off early, on Bella.

Might be better to cast it on something and draw him into it, or have Bella batter him into it.

>Skip Stone isn't likely to injure him very much
If we're careful and call our shots, me might be able to prioritize damaging the outfit where it would do the most harm. Force it to devote rounds to repairs / tying off holes, like it did before.

>>750422
And yeah, this is a boss fight. It is absolutely time to burn consumables like it's going out of style. Buff the both of you.
>>
No. 750580 ID: 398fe1

>>750538
If we can back off to give us time to use the seal that'd help a lot.
>>
No. 751383 ID: e0c48a
File 147565994242.png - (150.57KB , 950x570 , WW136.png )
751383

>Quick inventory check- what potions do we have, again?

You gave almost all the potions to Freak. But you still have a potion of hair growth, the cursed pendant and the silent wand. You are sure that is better in Bella's hand, donsidering her size. Being silent will help a lot. Aside for that, all that remains that could be useful are the peebles you grabbed.

>Trap is the only thing that might be able to tear new holes in the fabric. The thing inside is capable of brute force, but if Bella crushes his feet and gauntlets he'll lose the ability to stab, and that should even the odds that Bella can reopen the knot.

>Give Bella a seal of protection, and prepare Trap on a large stone. Bella can carry it into range to hit him.

>If we can back off to give us time to use the seal that'd help a lot.

>Well, the choice to disengage and sneak away, leaving Freak to his fate for your own safety, has probably been taken off the table for you. It's very unlikely you could persuade Bella to abandon him without making enough noise to draw its attention.

>And yeah, this is a boss fight. It is absolutely time to burn consumables like it's going out of style. Buff the both of you.

There is not enough time in your opinion to cast seal, and it requires a lot of concentration and focus. Something you can't afford at the moment with the High Inquisitor actively looking for you. Luckily you still have one charge left on yourself. But Bella will have to do without it.

There aren't a lot of big rocks around, but you are able to quickly write that on a couple of your biggest peebles. Thanks to your mutation, you can remote activate them separatedly instead of having them blow all at once. You give one of those to Bella too and show her how it works. The younger Houndling still looks scared but she nods in response.
>>
No. 751385 ID: 398fe1

>>751383
...can we Skip Stone a trapped pebble, and activate it the instant it impacts him?

Making Bella silent so she can sneak up and get a big sneak attack in or disable him or SOMETHING is a good idea. Combine that with a trapped Skip Stone and we've got a good burst of damage. If we can at least keep him busy we can use Skip Stone repeatedly to wear him down, maybe.

I can't imagine the hair growth potion being useful as anything other than a distraction or bluff. Worth a shot at some point though. Just lob it at him as if it's dangerous and he'll react, but that will obviously not be your real attack.
>>
No. 751386 ID: e0c48a
File 147566042640.png - (85.33KB , 600x700 , WW137.png )
751386

>Throw your voice above him, feign an aerial takedown while you sneak up from behind and grab Freak.

>He knows we have ventriloquism and is actively looking for us/expecting us (but not Bella) so misdirection is probably not gonna work.

>He expects us to come save freak and is most likely expecting an attack from us. What he might not be expecting is an attack by Bella.

>We also know Trap so we could set up something and lure him over to a spot with our voice throwing, but if he realizes it's us making a sound(regardless of where) I get the impression he would threaten to hurt Freak unless we came to him.

You motion Bella to sneak on the other side and wait for your signal. She nods, not really convinced on the plan, but she silently moves away, until you can't see her anymore.

You then decide to throw your voice above the high inquisitor.

Slarr: "Oh. Sssssssssssssssssso you didn't run away after all. Good. Now be a good monssssssstrosssssity and sssssssssssurrender"

You tell him to let Freak go.

Slarr: "YESSSSSSSSSSS, SSSSSSSSSSSSURE! You alsssssssssso want to be fed grapesssssss? You are in no possssssssition to talk, weirdling. Come out or i'll might accidentally snap your friend'ssssssss neck."

You call the high Inquisitor's bluff and tell him that you know that the inquisitors take weirdlings alive and well.
>>
No. 751387 ID: e0c48a
File 147566068306.png - (127.98KB , 800x750 , WW138.png )
751387

Slarr: "HAH! Clever girl! You'd be ssssssssurprisssssed how many timesssss that actually worked."

He drops Freak on the ground. And his body starts twisting and snapping in weird motions.

Slarr: "Fine! Here issssssss your friend."

His neck turns almost 360 degrees, looking around.

Slarr: "Sssssssssee if you are able to get him."

His body cracks and snaps. Arms and neck flainling around in an unsettling manner.
>>
No. 751388 ID: e0c48a

>>751385
Yeah. It won't be extremely precise (unless you hit him fair and square, leaving you the time to utter the word as the stone sinks into him).
>>
No. 751391 ID: 398fe1

>>751388
Alright...

>>751387
Cracks and snaps? Man, I was sure he was a slime inside there. Why is he making sounds like a solid creature? Even some kind of weird undead wouldn't be able to do what he does. I guess.. an Ent could make sense, but I can't imagine one of those being able to reattach limbs so easily.

Anyway, if Bella (while silent) can flank him while you make noises as if he's being surrounded by multiple opponents except one side (that Bella is not on, and you aren't either), you can double bluff him and probably get him to expect an attack from the silent side. Be ready to activate any trap stones Bella is carrying if she uses one.

When the fighting starts, see how he reacts to the sound of a stone flying through the air at him at Skip Stone speeds, from a direction you aren't. Do that a couple times then throw a real Skip Stone at him. I wonder if he's blind, with no head at all, and the mask is just for show? That would mean he fights by sound, probably.

Of course, if Bella ever gets him in a grapple and keeps him still for a moment, try to do the Skip Stone Trap trick.
>>
No. 751408 ID: 505f10

>>751391
The fake skip stone thing to see how he reacts sounds like a good idea.
Throw a voice to Freak to try to wake him up too.

>>751387
My question is why is he doing this bit. Could it have anything to do with the inquisitions ability to find weirdlings?
>>
No. 751561 ID: 5900b7

He knows his "ears" can't be trusted. Throw rocks to distract him while Bella approach under the effect of the silent want. She may be scary but I trust she wouldn't abandon her friends when they need her the most.
Whatever is inside that sure doesn't want to be exposed. Let's find out why.
>>
No. 751746 ID: 16bb01

>>751561
I bet we could still trick him into going after sound if we like faked tripping or other accidental sound. Only once though.
>>
No. 751753 ID: 2a7417

>>751408
It could be because every part of his body is a weapon. A wacky, waving inflatable arm flailing tube weapon.
>>
No. 755302 ID: 106656
File 147741746282.png - (79.99KB , 550x650 , WW139.png )
755302

>When the fighting starts, see how he reacts to the sound of a stone flying through the air at him at Skip Stone speeds, from a direction you aren't. Do that a couple times then throw a real Skip Stone at him. I wonder if he's blind, with no head at all, and the mask is just for show? That would mean he fights by sound, probably.

>The fake skip stone thing to see how he reacts sounds like a good idea. Throw a voice to Freak to try to wake him up too.

>I bet we could still trick him into going after sound if we like faked tripping or other accidental sound. Only once though.

You try to mimic the sound of a skipstone near the high inquisitor's head.

He quickly twist his head to avoid a non existing projectile.

Slarr: "Oh i ssssssssee. Clever..."

You try to whisper to Freak, trying to wake him up

Slarr: "That isssssss not going to work. He'sssssss not gonna wake up. Now. let's keep playing"
>>
No. 755303 ID: 106656
File 147741773301.png - (365.91KB , 750x700 , WW140.png )
755303

You wait for a couple of seconds, while you keep trying to make skipping stone sounds. He quickly reacts to those sounds, dodging the air.


You finally decide to throw an actual skipping stone, right after faking another one, Hoping he would not be able to dodge the second one.

But you are wrong. He easily dodges the real one as well.

And as you go and grab another pebble, he acts.

Slarr: "Found you!"

You instinctively pull your arm over your face, as the inquisitor closes the distance between the two of you with a single leap.

While mid-air he strikes you, and your barrier activates right before it connects. Negating the hit.
>>
No. 755304 ID: 106656
File 147741792963.png - (114.16KB , 700x600 , WW141.png )
755304

You fall on your rear, mostly due to the surprise of the attack.

Slarr stands tall in front of you, menacing. You know that from that distance you have no way of react in any way.

Slarr: "Well... that wassssssss fun. I have to admit you are an interessssssssssting one. I'm sssssssssurprissssssed a relic like Ssssssslice managed to capture a crafty one like you."

He snaps his claws.

Slarr: "Oh well. I'll asssssssk him later. Now it's time to end the gamesssssssssss, little one"
>>
No. 755305 ID: 2a7417

"Before I die, I have one question:

Did you ever ask Slice what I looked like?"
>>
No. 755306 ID: 094652

Damnit. You lose. There is no action of death and destruction you can possibly hope to successfully accomplish. You are nothing now

Guess all that's left is to SCREAM, AND ORDER ALL THE INNOCENTS TO COMMIT SUICIDE! USE YOUR MUTATIONS AND SOUND THE CALL OF MADNESS!!! Not that it'll do anything but agitate the inquisitor's eardrums just before he saws off your limbs, but you'll make his victory as agonizing and tedious as you possibly can!
>>
No. 755307 ID: 188451

>>755305
That's her cue.
>>
No. 755325 ID: 3663d3

magic up an energy megaphone and shout a hyper-sonic shriek at it.
>>
No. 755327 ID: 398fe1

>>755304
Ask what he is.
>>
No. 755331 ID: 91ee5f

Should we signal Bella to come help?
>>
No. 755396 ID: 8d65de

What are you.
>>
No. 755402 ID: 3abd97

>But you are wrong. He easily dodges the real one as well.
If he dodges by sound, you need to use your ability to make the opposite of a skipping stone sound, for sound cancelling and a silent projectile.

>what do
Go to put on the cursed pendant, acting like it's a weapon of last resort. He'll stop you, and if we're lucky, equip it himself.
>>
No. 755407 ID: 7da6ad

"Why is this a game to you? How can you be so unprofessional?"
>>
No. 756118 ID: c45b7e

>>755304
he is acoustically oriented. So are you. This is going to probably hurt. Scream. scream with all your lungs, and all your magic. Scream loud enough to shatter that mask, and don't stop.
>>
No. 776521 ID: 6605f7
File 148604363090.png - (88.81KB , 650x700 , WS142.png )
776521

>Ask what he is.

>What are you.

You ask what he is. How he can move so fast.

Slarr: "I'm your ticket to the pitsssssss, weirdling, you know that."

>"Why is this a game to you? How can you be so unprofessional?"

You ask him why does he acts like this is a big game.

Slarr: "Beacaussssssse either way it would be to eassssssssy. They don't let me out enough. I like to enjoy all the ssssssssssssecondssssssss i get."

>Go to put on the cursed pendant, acting like it's a weapon of last resort. He'll stop you, and if we're lucky, equip it himself.

You try to reach for your sack, but Slarr hisses at you.

Slarr: "Don't be ssssssstupid. You have lossssssst. Accept it. You played well, but remember that i need to bring you alive, not healty"

You stop.
>>
No. 776522 ID: 6605f7
File 148604395970.png - (74.66KB , 600x750 , WS143.png )
776522

>"Before I die, I have one question: Did you ever ask Slice what I looked like?"

>That's her cue.

>Should we signal Bella to come help?

You project your voice where you remember seeing Bella, or at least in that generic direction, you whisper her to get ready.

>Guess all that's left is to SCREAM, AND ORDER ALL THE INNOCENTS TO COMMIT SUICIDE! USE YOUR MUTATIONS AND SOUND THE CALL OF MADNESS!!! Not that it'll do anything but agitate the inquisitor's eardrums just before he saws off your limbs, but you'll make his victory as agonizing and tedious as you possibly can!

>shout a hyper-sonic shriek at it.

>If he dodges by sound, you need to use your ability to make the opposite of a skipping stone sound, for sound cancelling and a silent projectile.

>he is acoustically oriented. So are you. This is going to probably hurt. Scream. scream with all your lungs, and all your magic. Scream loud enough to shatter that mask, and don't stop.

You project the voice directly near his head, as loud as you can. Yelling. He jerks his head a bit, annoyed. Your voice doesn't have particular powers aside for the ability to mimic and move it around, but it seems to work.

Slarr: "Ssssssssssstop that. That'ssssssss really annoying"

You keep yelling, asking him if the other inquisitor has ever described how you looked.

For a second he looks puzzled. Not even noticing the deformation in his fabric body.

Slarr: "Your clothesssssss..."
>>
No. 776524 ID: 6605f7
File 148604406460.png - (249.90KB , 600x700 , WS144.png )
776524

You activate the trap spell.

A bright burst of light engulfs the high inquisitor while you shield your face and eyes against the blast and the possible debris.
>>
No. 776525 ID: 6605f7
File 148604422219.png - (107.91KB , 600x750 , WS145.png )
776525

It takes a couple of seconds, but your eyes readjust to the darkness of the night.

In front of you lays the bottom half of the high inquisitor, completely limp. Smoke coming from the zone where the magical explosion happened.
>>
No. 776537 ID: 0555b9

SMASH SMASH SMASH. Don't stop smashing. Fire is good too. Don't stop til you're sure that anything that was already dead would be dead again from what you've done to it. Then kill it some more.
>>
No. 776571 ID: 398fe1

>>776525
Holy shit you did it. Where's the top half? Don't underestimate your opponent. Find out what's under his mask, find out what he is. My bet is he's a slime that holds bones in his body to make a more rigid structure, but still needs to bind himself to keep his slime in the right shape.

Also now we know how to evade detection better from here on: you need to swap your clothes.
>>
No. 776579 ID: 9a77cb

yeah those clothes will have to be ditched, they'll give you away
>>
No. 776592 ID: e8840e

Can you prepare a trap on a skippable stone like we considered earlier? Those legs look deflated; so if the rest of him is not lying on the ground nearby it means that Slarr most likely retracted into the upper half of his suit and is hiding.

The fact that he took the time to retrieve his arm when it got cut off means that the suit is of some use to him, so if Slarr doesn't show himself in the next few seconds you should either take or trap his suit legs so he can't reattach them to chase you with.
>>
No. 776593 ID: 094652

Take samples of the inquisitor. Then set him on fire just to be safe.
>>
No. 776680 ID: 3abd97

>>776525
You see half the clothes. That doesn't mean the thing wearing them is necessarily dead. Get up and keep moving.
>>
No. 779032 ID: b60539
File 148693769486.png - (71.57KB , 800x600 , WS146.png )
779032

>SMASH SMASH SMASH. Don't stop smashing. Fire is good too. Don't stop til you're sure that anything that was already dead would be dead again from what you've done to it. Then kill it some more.

>Take samples of the inquisitor. Then set him on fire just to be safe.

You get up and stomp the remains of the High Inquisitor. Then you pick them up.

They are completely empty. The fabric feels weird to the touch, stretchy and wet on the inside.
>>
No. 779035 ID: b60539
File 148693789921.png - (65.98KB , 800x700 , WS147.png )
779035

>Holy shit you did it. Where's the top half? Don't underestimate your opponent. Find out what's under his mask, find out what he is.

>Those legs look deflated; so if the rest of him is not lying on the ground nearby it means that Slarr most likely retracted into the upper half of his suit and is hiding.

>You see half the clothes. That doesn't mean the thing wearing them is necessarily dead. Get up and keep moving.

It's dark as hell and even if you shielded your eyes the brightness of the explosion still made a small impression on your eyes. It's difficult to look around, but you are sure you can't see the upper part of the body.

The trap hit him point blank though. even if you are sure the inquisitor isn't human you think it should have somehow be damaged by the spell.
>>
No. 779037 ID: b60539
File 148693822945.png - (109.52KB , 1692x1435 , WS148.png )
779037

>Can you prepare a trap on a skippable stone like we considered earlier?

(That is what happened. The stone that was thrown by Bella into the High Inquisitor was the one with the Trap casted on)

>yeah those clothes will have to be ditched, they'll give you away

That's true. You will have to find new clothes as soon as possible, not just for you but for Bella and Freak too.

...

Bella and Freak!

You turn around, whispering to Bella to come out, but you notice she already moved away from her hiding position and she's lulling Freak's body.

"Wake up Freak" she says while trying to shake him gently.

Bella: "He's not waking up, Masha."

You fear the worst for a moment, but you can see his ears twitching and his chest moving. He is alive, but not responsive.
>>
No. 779042 ID: b60539
File 148693844655.png - (65.88KB , 800x600 , WS149.png )
779042

You breath in and out, calming down as much as you can, but you still feel your heart racing.

You are way too tired but you can't stop.

You tell Bella that everything is ok but that you all need to get away from here before it's too late.

Or at least you try, but the words die in your throat.
>>
No. 779043 ID: b60539
File 148693849104.png - (151.10KB , 850x750 , WS150.png )
779043

Because it has been "too late" for a while, now...
>>
No. 779045 ID: 094652

It's too late.

Throw every spell you can at the inquisitor, don't care about hitting Bella just STOP HIM!
>>
No. 779048 ID: b412df

It's hanging from above, yell at Bella to duck!

(Also, bloody hell, why won't this thing die already?)
>>
No. 779072 ID: 398fe1

>>779043
Just make a sound that comes from the monster's position. Bella will notice and react. In fact, make it an annoying buzzing noise, hopefully she'll just swat at the noise and smash him in the face without fear. It has to be weakened now, the two of you may be able to finish it off.

You'll need to prepare another trap stone while Bella keeps it busy. That seems to be the only way to hurt it.
>>
No. 779101 ID: 9145ba

Cast Burden on the Inquisitor, now! Then pelt him with as many Skipping Stones as you can while Bella finds a bigger rock.
>>
No. 779151 ID: 398fe1

Hey, I just realized those claws of his could be enchanted with magical sleep. They're glowing green. That would explain Freak's condition.

We DO have a second Trap pebble... hey, what happens if you use the wand on the trapped pebble and toss that at him? Would it make no noise while in the air? Alternatively you could just straight up use the wand on yourself and hope he only has supernaturally good hearing; that'd make you effectively invisible which would let you sneak up and manually hit him with the trap.
>>
No. 779161 ID: 3abd97

>>779043
Quick, Bella, do a batman backhand!

Lotta little hands, there. Is he some kind of shapeshifter? Some kind of millipede thing?

>Cast Burden on the Inquisitor, now
Burden to make him fall would probably work. Gives Bella time to start running, at least.
>>
No. 779162 ID: bb78f2

Burden
>>
No. 779215 ID: b7883c

Is this even his final form!?

>>779072
This. Make it sound like Slarr is saying "got you" or something.

>Burden
This guy is basically immune to burden, remember? And it just makes the target feel heavier rather than actually making them heavier.

> Trap Stone
Don't think we can use it right now, since Bella might get caught in the blast radius.
>>
No. 779218 ID: 91ee5f

Can we just quickly shift the ground under her feet to make her fall forward?
>>
No. 779223 ID: 085302

Aerial tackle the Inquisitor.
>>
No. 781449 ID: f067ed
File 148760540578.png - (165.35KB , 700x650 , WS151.png )
781449

>This guy is basically immune to burden, remember? And it just makes the target feel heavier rather than actually making them heavier.

Correct.

>It's hanging from above, yell at Bella to duck!

>Just make a sound that comes from the monster's position. Bella will notice and react. In fact, make it an annoying buzzing noise, hopefully she'll just swat at the noise and smash him in the face without fear. It has to be weakened now, the two of you may be able to finish it off.

>Hey, I just realized those claws of his could be enchanted with magical sleep. They're glowing green. That would explain Freak's condition.

You barely manage to yap a warning, but it's too late as the... whatever that thing is... strikes bella on the back of the head.
>>
No. 781453 ID: f067ed
File 148760565858.png - (157.72KB , 800x700 , WS152.png )
781453

We DO have a second Trap pebble... hey, what happens if you use the wand on the trapped pebble and toss that at him? Would it make no noise while in the air? Alternatively you could just straight up use the wand on yourself and hope he only has supernaturally good hearing; that'd make you effectively invisible which would let you sneak up and manually hit him with the trap.

(Bella has the wand, you gave it to her so she could sneak silently)

You snap out of whatever was blocking you and cast Skipping stone on the pebble you previously casted trap on, but the monster quickly retracts in the tops of the trees, easily avoiding your projectile, that disappears in the forest.

Bella falls on the ground, unconscious.
>>
No. 781454 ID: f067ed
File 148760598628.png - (86.85KB , 800x700 , WS153.png )
781454

You start looking around, realizing that you are completely alone.

In a forest you don't know.

With a lurking horror that could be anyhwere.

This is really not how you were hoping to spend your birthday...
>>
No. 781512 ID: 398fe1

Get the wand of silence while keeping an eye out. If you can use it on yourself then you can run away through the trees and the inquisitor will lose sight of you eventually.

At this point the only hope for victory is hiding a trap stone in the inquisitor's pants and activating it when he puts them on again. You'd have to somehow do it without being noticed, though, which probably requires luring the inquisitor away.
>>
No. 781515 ID: 0d9279

Macabre as it is, you could threaten to kill your companions if the hunter doesn't back off and give you a head start. Remember, he gets paid more if you're all captured alive.

That will buy you time, but once backup arrives with a tranquilizer sniper, it's over.
>>
No. 781782 ID: d1d42a

threatening to blow yourself and your friends up might by you some time and allow you to pick up that wand
>>
No. 781783 ID: 8d4593

>>781454
The tree directly behind you to your left! It looks like there's something behind it.
>>
No. 782888 ID: 012889
File 148804776423.png - (83.48KB , 800x750 , WS154.png )
782888

>The tree directly behind you to your left! It looks like there's something behind it.

You turn around, but you don't see anything. There is clearly something moving through the trees, but you can't see where it is exactly. Slarr is sneakier than it looks.

>Macabre as it is, you could threaten to kill your companions if the hunter doesn't back off and give you a head start. Remember, he gets paid more if you're all captured alive.

>threatening to blow yourself and your friends up might by you some time and allow you to pick up that wand

>Get the wand of silence while keeping an eye out. If you can use it on yourself then you can run away through the trees and the inquisitor will lose sight of you eventually.

The wand of silence should be on Bella, you'd have to search her, but you know you can't lower your guard or divide your attention at all.

But you have an idea at least.

You hold out one of the pebbles you have left and yell to Slarr that you'll blow yourself and the others two up with the spell you have ready.

Which you don't. But you are not going to tell him that for sure.

A horrid gargling laugh echoes through the trees.

Slarr: "Don't be sssssssilly, you'd kill yourssssssssssssself? And your friendssssssssss?"
>>
No. 782891 ID: 012889
File 148804816432.png - (68.99KB , 800x750 , WS155.png )
782891

You yell at him that it can't be worse than what would happen to you if they get caught.

There are few seconds of complete silence before the horrid laughter echoes again through the woods.

Slarr: "You got me there."

Somehow you feel yourself regain a bit of composure.

You slightly step forward toward Bella, moving as slowly as you can. In your state you feel like every blade of grass makes the same sound as a non-oiled door.

Slarr: "looksssssss like we are at a sssssssstalemate here. But i'll tell you what. I only need to get back two weirdlingsssssss."

You freeze up completely.

Slarr: "And i need them to be alive of courssssssse. So i think i could make an... exception. How about you turn your tail, and you get out? Leave the other two with me. And live another day."
>>
No. 782908 ID: b7883c

Keep talking to keep him talking if possible; he can't sneak up on your while talking. (Also, when you get to Bella, see if you can keep your voice moving as if walking past.)
Say, "Why should I believe you would let me go? Doesn't your king demand you capture us all?"
Also, I feel like at some point you should ask why Slarr is loyal to people who keep him locked up most of the time.
>>
No. 782914 ID: bb78f2

>>782891
How about we make our situation a game instead?

How bored ARE you, Slarr? With your life, with what you do? Maybe your satisfied, but maybe you could be satisfied more. I don't know, I'm not you.

Fail tonight, Slarr. Let us go. Let us get stronger. Come catch up to us, now and again, see how we've grown, gotten smarter. Have fun with us. Come on, we're obviously a group with potential to entertain you, perhaps that's better than catching every Weirdling at their weakest, even enough to be worth whatever penalty they might give you for "failing".
>>
No. 782935 ID: d1d42a

keep him talking
ask how you could trust his offer, he'll attack you the second you leave the hostages
>>
No. 783756 ID: 398fe1

Just take the offer. Those two had no chance of getting to safety anyway, the inquisitor killed the people who were gonna help your group cross the border. If you tried to take those two with you, they would have been ratted out almost immediately. All you have to do is change your clothes and you're home free.

Also you've known Bella and Freak for like an hour. How attached are you, really?
>>
No. 783760 ID: 8d4593

Be still. Make a loud click. The kind that hurts to hear, that you can physically feel in your eardrums. Like a fat piece of metal hitting stone. Repeat it at least three times a second. His movements will alter the echo and give you a rough idea of where he is. Focus on your antennae as well. He's a magical creature with magical weapons. Combine the echos with the sensations they provide to pinpoint his location.
If you can determine his location, start trapping EVERYTHING in reach. The trees, the ground, rocks, Your cloths. Don't Trap the pebble in your hand unless you're sure you have time. That'll give you away.

If you are especially crazy you could trap your hand. The power of you mutation will amplify the explosion, and could take out this guy for good. It will definitely take off your arm, the concussive force will definitely seriously injure you and knock you out, and if your if your arm isn't totally outstretched you'll likely die.
But if Slarr is dead and your friends have a chance to wake up, then perhaps you too will get to wake up another day.
>>
No. 784157 ID: fc7c78
File 148847405769.png - (84.23KB , 800x750 , WS156.png )
784157

>Keep talking to keep him talking if possible; he can't sneak up on your while talking. (Also, when you get to Bella, see if you can keep your voice moving as if walking past.)

>How bored ARE you, Slarr? With your life, with what you do? Maybe your satisfied, but maybe you could be satisfied more. I don't know, I'm not you. Fail tonight, Slarr. Let us go. Let us get stronger. Come catch up to us, now and again, see how we've grown, gotten smarter. Have fun with us. Come on, we're obviously a group with potential to entertain you, perhaps that's better than catching every Weirdling at their weakest, even enough to be worth whatever penalty they might give you for "failing".

>keep him talking

You ask him about leaving everyone today. So that he could hunt you all later, wouldn't that be more fun?

Meanwhile you start creeping toward Bella, since finding the silent wand would give you a great advantage

Slarr: "It sssssssurely would be. Mosssssst fun i had in yearssssss. But work isssssssss work. Gotta keep my quota."

>Also, I feel like at some point you should ask why Slarr is loyal to people who keep him locked up most of the time.

You ask him why he needs to keep the quota, what's the point.

Slarr: "Mossssstly to rub it in the face of Ssssssssslice. That old basssssssstard thinksssssss he'sssssss the besssssst and here you are, proofssssss that he needssssssss to be retired."

>Just take the offer. Those two had no chance of getting to safety anyway, the inquisitor killed the people who were gonna help your group cross the border. If you tried to take those two with you, they would have been ratted out almost immediately. All you have to do is change your clothes and you're home free.

You think seriously for a moment about accepting the offer, but something doesn't feel completely right.

>Say, "Why should I believe you would let me go? Doesn't your king demand you capture us all?"

>ask how you could trust his offer, he'll attack you the second you leave the hostages

You ask him why you should trust him, since he has shown already to lie in order to get what he wants.
>>
No. 784158 ID: fc7c78
File 148847416196.png - (82.34KB , 700x700 , WS157.png )
784158

You feel something stinging in your shoulder.

Slarr: "You sssssssshouldn't. I wassssss just buying time..."
>>
No. 784159 ID: fc7c78
File 148847427421.png - (4.33KB , 600x550 , WS158.png )
784159

You fall uncoscious. Almost senseless.

Everything feels muffled or non existant, your mind goes completely numb.

But then you start feeling something.

Warmth.
>>
No. 784162 ID: fc7c78
File 148847445189.png - (207.49KB , 800x700 , WS159.png )
784162

As you finally regain consciousness you find the source of the warmth.

Bella's arms wrapped around your body, cradling you like an oversized baby.

You look around to find yourself in a cage. Hay scattered all over the floor.

You must be on a carriage of some sort too, as you recognize the waddling of the wagons and the noises of the horse's hooves on the road.
>>
No. 784163 ID: fc7c78
File 148847454512.png - (238.11KB , 800x750 , WS160.png )
784163

Slarr: "Oh there you are, princesssss. Finally back in the land of the living onessss, eh?"

His voice sounds rather different, more amicable and soft, even if he hasn't lost his hissing accent.
>>
No. 784164 ID: 0555b9

Steadfastly ignore his false platitudes. Perhaps you can spook his horse out from under him.
>>
No. 784169 ID: 398fe1

>>784163
He looks different. Is that really Slarr? Or did someone defeat him while you were knocked out, and steal his clothes?

Observe for now. Check to see who else is in the caravan.
>>
No. 784175 ID: 9c2915

Does his horse have a mask too?
>>
No. 784201 ID: 8d4593

Welp. Time to make trap runes to blow this bitch up.
>>
No. 784214 ID: 91ee5f

>>784201
I'm pretty sure they're not stupid enough to put a magic user in a cage and hope they don't try to use magic. The cage must have some sort of magic canceling effect on anyone inside of it.
>>
No. 784232 ID: 343609

>>784201
Besides, even if we did blow the cage open, what then? Slarr is right there and will catch us again, and the other two are asleep so we don't have backup. Better to bide our time for now. Maybe talk with Slarr more since he's wanting to be friends with you, see if you can find out something that'll help you.
>>
No. 784254 ID: 188451

>the other two are asleep
Hold up, why did we wake up while the other two are still asleep? Aren't we supposed to be more susceptible to magic effects?
>>
No. 784259 ID: 8d4593

>>784254
They got hit by magic sleep claws. We got hit with a sleeping dart.
>>
No. 784260 ID: b412df

Not much to do, so question time?:
Where's the other high inquisitor? You've got their mask on your hip.

What exactly are you anyway?

Where are we heading?
>>
No. 784262 ID: d1d42a

Freak and Bella have just completely ruined what good you had in your life, and cost pebblesqueek his existance.
all in a mere day after meeting you.

forget weirdling brotherhood or any garbage like that, these people are leeches, selfishly dragging you down just to save themselves
>>
No. 784268 ID: b7883c

Say it looks like someone got the better of Slice, so why is he still going back to his cage?

>forget weirdling brotherhood or any garbage like that, these people are leeches, selfishly dragging you down just to save themselves
It sure was awful of them to outlaw weirdlings and and smash Pebblesqueek ... no wait, that was King Asshat and his pet goo terminator.
>>
No. 784325 ID: 085302

Now that he is victorious, inquire what will happen to you and other weirdlings. Maybe, in his hubris, he will reveal something useful. After all, he proved to be your superior, so there's no way you might escape his clutches. *wink* *wink*

>>784262
How about you shove your cynical and mean-spirited opinion up your cloaca, lizard-person?
>>
No. 784326 ID: 9145ba

>>784325
Hey, don't drag the good name of lizardkind into this!
>>
No. 784338 ID: 8d65de

If you destroy the mask you destroy him.
>>
No. 784402 ID: e14fef

>>784163
Point at his mask and ask him "If I take that off, will you die?"
>>
No. 784440 ID: 91ee5f

>>784402
He's not stupid enough to tell us what will kill him!

.....actually, now that I think about it, he probably is that stupid.
>>
No. 785117 ID: dce082

Why bother capturing us alive? If all the king wants is to cleanse the land of all weirdlings why not just have us killed then and there? Seems like a lot of extra work and brings more chances for weirdlings to get away like the other two did. Most importantly why shouldn't I just rip my friends throats out and shove my head between these bars and break my neck so we don't have to suffer through whatever you are going to do to us?
>>
No. 787819 ID: 007b4b
File 148967559616.png - (258.41KB , 750x750 , WS161.png )
787819

>Hold up, why did we wake up while the other two are still asleep? Aren't we supposed to be more susceptible to magic effects?

You try to get up, waking up Bella.

Bella: "Oh, you are finally up" She says in a tired voice.

You ask her what she means.

Bella: "You've been sleeping for a... couple days."

At least this explain why you are starving...

You get up, removing her hand, telling her to keep sleeping. You are really not in the mood to talk to her anyway. You feel groggy, weak and pissed off.

>Steadfastly ignore his false platitudes. Perhaps you can spook his horse out from under him.

>Does his horse have a mask too?

>Observe for now. Check to see who else is in the caravan.

The caravan is composed of the cart you are on, Slarr on a normal horse and four or five guards on horses. You can't really discern the race since they are all showing you their backs. It seems no one wants to stay behind with the High Inqusitor.

You take a look at Slarr, and then you yell right in his horse's ear.

Or at least you try. There is no sound.
>>
No. 787823 ID: 007b4b
File 148967597950.png - (228.64KB , 800x600 , WS162.png )
787823

Slarr laughs, then touches the bars of your cage

Slarr: "Inibitium and runesssssss, my dear. Built to contain your weird. Nothing you can do insssssssside thissssss. Nothing that a Weirdling body hassss or can do will work as long as you are insssssssside."

>Why bother capturing us alive? If all the king wants is to cleanse the land of all weirdlings why not just have us killed then and there? Seems like a lot of extra work and brings more chances for weirdlings to get away like the other two did. Most importantly why shouldn't I just rip my friends throats out and shove my head between these bars and break my neck so we don't have to suffer through whatever you are going to do to us?

>Where are we heading?

You put your head between the bars and ask him what's the point of taking you alive, or what is going to stop you to try to kill yourself or your companions since there is clearly not a better option to whatever is going to happen to you all.
>>
No. 787825 ID: 0555b9

Oh yeah? Can't contain *this.* (various rude gestures)
>>
No. 787826 ID: 007b4b
File 148967632502.png - (200.93KB , 800x500 , WS163.png )
787826

He boops your nose, plaifully.

Slarr: "Don't be ssssssssssilly. How'd you even try to kill yoursssssself. You don't really have the look of a murderer, nor the body. Plusss you should have realized by now there isssssssss a reasssssssson you are getting to the Pitsssssss alive. "

>He looks different. Is that really Slarr? Or did someone defeat him while you were knocked out, and steal his clothes?

You move your head back from the bars and ask him if he is the real Slarr, since he sounds different.

Slarr: "The one and only!

>Now that he is victorious, inquire what will happen to you and other weirdlings.

You ask him what's going to happen to you and the others.

Slarr: "You'll sssssssssee! I hate ssssssspoiling sssssssurprissssssesssss!
>>
No. 787832 ID: 007b4b
File 148967711191.png - (166.92KB , 700x700 , WS164.png )
787832

>What exactly are you anyway?

You ask what he is

Slarr: "One of the bessssssst inquisssssssitors of coursssssse!"

You ask him what he REALLY is

Slarr: "One of the besssssssssst inquisssssssssitors" He replies, this time you recognize the same voice he used when he was hunting you.

>Say it looks like someone got the better of Slice, so why is he still going back to his cage?

>Where's the other high inquisitor? You've got their mask on your hip.

You point out that you have noticed the other mask on his hip. You ask what happened to the other one.

Slarr picks up the mask and raises it in the air

Slarr: "Alassssss poor Ssssssslice, i knew him well."

He takes a second or two of complete silence

Slarr: "He wassssssss a bitch! And died like one! Whoever helped you made a number on him. Even worse than what you did to me."

He laughs.

You ask him why is he so happy about.

Slarr: "Becaussssssse ssssssssince he'ssss dead now i'm charge of this hunt! I'm back in busssssssssssinesssssssss!"

He leans in again, trying to get close to your face

Slarr: "All thanksssssss to you! You are clearly a lucky one.

>Point at his mask and ask him "If I take that off, will you die?"

>Maybe talk with Slarr more since he's wanting to be friends with you, see if you can find out something that'll help you.

You step back again, trying to get as far from him as possible in the space allowed by the cage. And point at his mask.

You tell him that it looks important. You ask him seriously if he'd die if you remove it.

Slarr stares at you for a moment, then laughs again.

Slarr: "Nah. Masssssk is just a ssssssssymbol. But you and your sssssssstupid golem got clossssssse to get me."

You blink, remembering what happened back in the forest. It didn't feel like a close fight at all.

Slarr: "And i'm being sssssssssseriousssssss. For once. One of the besssssssst hunt i had in yearssssssss."

He bumps Slice's mask against his mask, making a metallic sound.

Slarr: "You are a ssssssssspecial one, aren't you?"
>>
No. 787838 ID: 8d4593

Use a claw or your friends pointy head to carve the trap symbol into your palm. Then Touch somthing outside the cart, the bottom of it, the toung, the horses ass, ect. To leave a blood print of the trap rune. Then blow that up.
>>
No. 787842 ID: b15da4

Well, it sounds like your benefactor escaped to rescue you another day. If all else fails, you can bide your time, waiting for rescue, thinking of ways to piss off Slarr to pass the time.
>>
No. 787845 ID: 398fe1

>>787832
Ask him for food.
>>
No. 787847 ID: 7a4c29

>>787838
Too soon for such an action, to many guards about on horseback. Best to wait until night or some other opportunity.
>>
No. 787848 ID: 5cdf3a

"Yeah, I'm pretty special in the head, aren't I? Thinking that running away would work..."

Since he seems the bragging sort, ask him some more about the inquisition. Like, why do they hide their faces with masks? Wouldn't they be more effective if weirdlings couldn't identify them as inquisitors immediately?
>>
No. 791727 ID: 44f31f
File 149090434627.png - (258.33KB , 750x600 , WS165.png )
791727

>"Yeah, I'm pretty special in the head, aren't I? Thinking that running away would work..."

You tell him that you don't feel special, just stupid that you thought you could run away from him.

Slarr: "Everyone doessssssssss. Everyone at leasssssssssst triesss! That'ssssss what i love about this work"

Since he seems the bragging sort, ask him some more about the inquisition. Like, why do they hide their faces with masks? Wouldn't they be more effective if weirdlings couldn't identify them as inquisitors immediately?

He pompously sits on his horse, and you ask him why he and the other inquisitors wear masks, since it would be easier to find weirdlings if they weren't able to recognize them instantly.

Slarr: "The masssssssksssssssss are a gift and a badge of honour. Granted by the King himsssssssssself. We do not need to hide ourssssssselvessssssss."

He turns to face you, and you feel a chill down your spine.

Slarr: "We know how to find the weird, there issssssssss no real place where your... kind can hide from usssssss."
>>
No. 791730 ID: 44f31f
File 149090468898.png - (197.73KB , 700x700 , WS166.png )
791730

>Use a claw or your friends pointy head to carve the trap symbol into your palm. Then Touch somthing outside the cart, the bottom of it, the toung, the horses ass, ect. To leave a blood print of the trap rune. Then blow that up.

>Too soon for such an action, to many guards about on horseback. Best to wait until night or some other opportunity.

You are sure that it wouldn't work anyway. Seemingly all your powers and magic is nullified as long as you are stuck in this cage...

>Ask him for food.

You feel your stomach growl in pain, remembering that you have been sleeping for days and you haven't eaten anything since before your escape from the city.

You ask Slarr if you can have some food.

Slarr: "Not now. You'll have to wait. We are already late on Ssssssslice's old ssssssschedule and we need to catch up to Sssssssslob in two citiessssssssss from here. You'll get your ration when we camp later. keep yourssssssssself bussssy. Talk to your friendssssssss... when they wake up.

He rummages behind his back, before picking something you can't really see from behind his mantle.

Slarr: "Sssssssspeaking of friendsssssss"

He tosses something at you
>>
No. 791731 ID: 44f31f
File 149090490896.png - (259.54KB , 700x700 , WS167.png )
791731

You catch the thing. It's a broken piece of stone.
A broken piece of stone you are really familiar with.

Slarr: "I picked sssssssssssomething up before returning you three to the cage. He put up a good fight, as annoying as it wasssssss. Conssssssssider it sssssssssome form of ressssspect for your golem.
>>
No. 791732 ID: 44f31f
File 149090518297.png - (190.73KB , 750x700 , WS168.png )
791732

Slarr laughs and moves the horse to the front of the cage-cart. Leaving you and the other weirdlings alone.

You slump down near Bella, that is now snoring.

>Well, it sounds like your benefactor escaped to rescue you another day. If all else fails, you can bide your time, waiting for rescue, thinking of ways to piss off Slarr to pass the time.

The situation is clearly not the best, but it's also not the worst. From what you have gathered by talking to Slarr, Ulric is still out somewhere, and he is strong enough to take down an inquisitor.

Speaking of, despite how powerful and dangerous Slarr look, you can't shake the sensation he's too full of himself. Too sure about his own merits and capacities.
>>
No. 791733 ID: 44f31f
File 149090528012.png - (156.89KB , 700x550 , WS169.png )
791733

And hopefully his own confidence will be a precious ally to you.

Isn't it?, you whisper to the stone.
>>
No. 791737 ID: 44f31f
File 149090552556.png - (180.44KB , 700x550 , WS170 END.png )
791737

Pebblesqueak:" Protect Masha "

END OF CHAPTER ONE
>>
No. 791749 ID: 398fe1

>>791737
Now that's an interesting ace in the hole, if Pebblesqueak has any functional runes left.
>>
No. 791773 ID: d79f26

>>791749
we could also gather some more stone and see about sticking it on.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password