[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 679483)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144588932113.png - (13.82KB , 800x600 , Title Card.png )
679483 No. 679483 ID: 15a025

This is my first time making quest and is also an experiment. Heads up as well, I'm not the best artist around. With all this in mind let the quest begin!
You are a Doe and today is an important day for you. It's your birthday and you've got plans to go drink with your buddies down at the bar. Only problem is, you're still getting use to this whole concept of being blind...
Expand all images
>>
No. 679487 ID: 15a025
File 144588970271.png - (4.23KB , 800x600 , MC's room.png )
679487

To help you get use to your inability to see, your room mate bought you a special necklace that can channel the thoughts of spooky beings from another realm to your mind. It also let's sense and somewhat visualize a rough outline of a few things around you.
You ask the necklace to help you get ready for your trip to the bar.
(Please suggest an action
>>
No. 679491 ID: defceb

Inspect the box on the left. Do you have everything you need to go out?
>>
No. 679496 ID: 0fc976

Walk into the bar.

(Ouch.)
>>
No. 679499 ID: 0ed6e9

so anything you need to grab before you leave or can you just head out?
>>
No. 679504 ID: 15a025
File 144589196544.png - (7.29KB , 800x600 , the table.png )
679504

>Do you have everything you need to go out?
Sadly you don't, you've misplaced your room key and your emergency contact phone. You also can't seem to find your wallet.
>Inspect the box on the left
You approach the box shaped thing outlined to the left. Feeling it over you realize this is your room mate's walk in table as she calls it. She says it's just a table to empty her crap out of her pockets. Anyhow, while you were feeling around the table you found a few items.
1. Your room mate's pistol and a box of what you think is full of ammo for it.
2. A box that smells like a pack of your room mate's smokes.
3. A wallet. You aren't entirely sure if this is yours or your room mate's? There's 20 pieces of paper money in it. You can't tell how much money that is though.
4. Hey! You found your key! You grab it and place it into your coat pocket.
While feeling around on the table you also cut yourself on something sharp. The necklace chose to place a red explanation point where that was.
Think we need anything else on the table?
>>
No. 679510 ID: a184c1

Check inside the wallet for credit cards; they often have the credit card number raised so you might be able to feel that.
>>
No. 679513 ID: 15a025
File 144589524659.png - (16.21KB , 800x600 , This isn't a credit card.png )
679513

>Check inside the wallet for credit cards; they often have the credit card number raised so you might be able to feel that.
You pick the wallet back up and dig around in it some more. You were able to find a plastic card with some raised characters on it. Feeling them for awhile you were able to deem it as yours. There's your name on it as well as a some numbers on it. One problem though, you don't own any kind of credit or debit cards. The only kind of plastic card you'd keep in your wallet is your student ID, which doesn't have any raised numbers or letters. You place the card back into the wallet. Feeling around in the wallet some more you find some peppermints in there as well, something else you've never put in your wallet. Has someone been messing with your stuff?
>>
No. 679519 ID: defceb

Spooky. Poke the sharp thing again, more carefully this time. Try to figure out what it is.
>>
No. 679524 ID: 7b65b9

Shove peppermints in vagina and feel minty fresh.
>>
No. 679530 ID: 0fc976

Pick up sharp thing with your teeth.
>>
No. 679531 ID: 15a025
File 144590216101.png - (6.20KB , 800x600 , blade.png )
679531

>Shove peppermints in vagina and feel minty fresh.
You quickly put the peppermints back into the wallet and disregard the disturbing thought.
>Poke the sharp thing again, more carefully this time. Try to figure out what it is.
Maybe that sharp object could be useful? You carefully poke it a bit with the key to get a safe feeling of the object's shape. The object seems to be a flat blade of some kind. After further poking around you feel some kind of stinky powdery substance on it. Just a quick sniff of it makes you wince and feel little light headed.
You back away from the table and decide you don't need anything else off the table. Only thing you need now is your phone.
>>
No. 679544 ID: 12b273

>Only thing you need now is your phone.
Is there a lan line in the home? That phone will always be in the same place, and you could use it to call your phone to find it.
>>
No. 679614 ID: c47b0c

Roll up some of that money and snort up all that powder. It'll make your day a little more interesting.
>>
No. 679615 ID: defceb

I think someone's been hitting coke lines in your house. Is there anywhere else in the room you could have possibly left your phone?
>>
No. 679644 ID: cd90cb

Eat the peppermints, your breath smells like a filthy toilet.
>>
No. 679663 ID: 15a025
File 144597491290.gif - (19.62KB , 712x534 , whats this.gif )
679663

>Think someone's been hitting coke lines in your house
>Snort up all that powder. It'll make your day a little more interesting.
You're not really interested in doing or taking drugs. The only other person who is able to get into your dorm room is your room mate. She doesn't strike you as someone who does any drugs.

>Is there a lan line in the home?
The dorm rooms don't actually have any kind phones or communication devices in them. The only place in the building where a phone would be located is all the way down the in the front lobby.

>Is there anywhere else in the room you could have possibly left your phone?
You stop and think for about this for a moment. It could be in the living room? You extend your walking stick out and move into the living room.

It takes a few moments, but the necklace draws out a rough mental outline of the room for you. Also sounds like your room-mate is in here whispering something. Also for some reason your necklace can sometimes detect other life forces and maps them out as a beating heart. Your not sure what triggers this though?
Any way, where should you start looking?
>>
No. 679664 ID: a184c1

Well you could just ask your roommate.
>>
No. 679667 ID: defceb

Ask your roommate. Nothing can go wrong.
>>
No. 679672 ID: 15a025
File 144598108530.png - (7.81KB , 800x600 , phone.png )
679672

>Ask your roommate. Nothing can go wrong.
You ask your room-mate if she's seen your emergency contact phone anywhere?
"Oh yeah I got it right here, you never told me you had a cell phone. How on earth were you able to afford one, these things are like crazy expensive! Can you show me how you make calls with it? For whatever reason it's only calling 911."
Things just went wrong real fast. You're a little upset over the current situation going on here right now and don't really know how to respond to your room mate.
What should you do?
>>
No. 679673 ID: defceb

Calmly ask for your phone back, explain that it's only meant to be used in case of actual emergencies and that's why it's only calling 911.

We could have a conversation about not rummaging through your stuff, but for now you've got birthday plans so do that later.
>>
No. 679680 ID: 15a025
File 144598411033.png - (9.37KB , 800x600 , help only.png )
679680

>Calmly ask for your phone back, explain that it's only meant to be used in case of actual emergencies and that's why it's only calling 911.
That's probably the best way you could handle this.
You explain to her that phone is for emergency calls only, it is unable to call anything other than 911.
"Aw man that's lame. Why even have a cell phone if it can only call one number. You could just use a regular phone for that, what a waste."
You remind her that there is only one phone in the entire building for starters, and secondly not ever store or place has a phone.
"True but still, why spend so much money on a cell phone that can only call one number?"
You didn't actually pay anything for the phone, the company you work for gave it to you for free.
"Get out of here! You got it for free? Have you ever actually had to use this thing before?"
You had to use it only once, and your thankful you've never had to use it again.
"What happened?"
You'd really rather not talk about that to your room mate right now. Just the thought of that night makes you shudder a bit. You just tell her that what happened caused you to become blind.

>We could have a conversation about not rummaging through your stuff, but for now you've got birthday plans so do that later.
That's right! You almost forgot that your taxi is probably waiting out side for you right now. You ask your room mate if they can pick you up from the bar at 11:30 and that you need to talk to them from later about something.
"Ugh, 11:30? I'll be in bed by then. Can't you just have Cindy drive you back or call a Taxi?"
Your too flustered with your room mate to respond. You just take your stuff and leave without a word. You can't wait to get to the party and meet up with your new buddies.
>>
No. 679686 ID: 12b273

>unreliable roommate who takes your stuff and messes with it
Well, that's par for the course.

Hopefully she didn't make too many false 911 calls. That's really not a good idea.

So... shall we go?
>>
No. 679688 ID: d9cdf6

Huh, you had an emergency phone before you were blind? Where do you work?
>>
No. 679690 ID: 15a025
File 144598772323.gif - (4.73KB , 800x600 , taxi driver.gif )
679690

You manage your way outside to discover it's snowing out pretty hard. You wait a moment and hear a horn honk followed by a gruff voice asking if you're waiting for the taxi. You tap around a bit trying to find the taxi and hop into the back seat when you do. For some reason the necklace decides to map out the two seats in the front while you slip the driver a bill out of your wallet.
"Whoa! $100! You slipping town or something?"
Wait, $100? You've never had that kind of cash on hand before. Someone really has been messing with your wallet, and you think you know who it was too. You ask the driver if you can have the change, it's all you got (probably.) He's nice about and you even let him keep some as a tip. You tell him to take me off to the shining leaf. He says nothing and just drives. It'll be about 10 minuets you get there. You ask the spooky beings in the necklace if they'd like to talk with you for a bit.
>>
No. 679692 ID: defceb

I like how this quest is coming along. Keep it up! :D

Hmm, how about telling us about yourself? I'm guessing the blindness is a touchy subject, so how about your work? Also, is there any way you can figure out which bills you have by touch? Wouldn't want to get cheated.
>>
No. 679693 ID: 12b273

>You ask the spooky beings in the necklace if they'd like to talk with you for a bit.
So... you're cool sharing your life with inexplicable spooky beings?

What's your name, anyways? What do you do for fun?
>>
No. 679699 ID: 15a025
File 144599198841.png - (18.07KB , 800x600 , this isn't my phone.png )
679699

>How about telling us about yourself?
>What's your name, anyways?
>Where do you work?
You realize that you haven't shared your name yet with your spooky helpers. Your name is Baily and you've actually been working for a military weapon development base as a courier. Your job is to deliver very top secret prototype weapons across other various bases around a few states. You're currently on leave from that though because of what happened on that one night.

>I'm guessing the blindness is a touchy subject
You get pretty uncomfortable talking about it but feel like you should shed some light on the incident. Somehow another country caught wind of what you were tasked to deliver. They sent in someone to get the weapon prototype off you by any means. They kidnapped you and did things you'd rather not go into detail about. If you didn't have that emergency phone with you, the police might not have found you in time...
"Hey uhh, miss? Is everything alright back there? You've been muttering to your self for awhile now?"
You quickly pull out your phone and pretend your talking to someone over it.
"Opps, sorry. Didn't see the phone back there, never mind."
That was clo-wait second. Your phone feels weird. You feel it over some more.
This isn't your phone, it's just simple children's toy!
There's still time to panic and have the taxi turn around. Should you head back?
>>
No. 679702 ID: defceb

Naw, we'll probably be fine for tonight. You'll be with friends at the bar! Absolutely nothing can go wrong.
>>
No. 679718 ID: 0f1c4d

If its just a toy it can't call 911 like your roommate was just saying it was, can it? That would mean that unless you are hallucinating, your roommate just lied to you about something rather important. I don't know if you have enough evidence to go to the police yet, but you should not return to your apartment without backup from someone you can trust (preferably someone who has a real phone and/or can fight in case your roommate is or has been replaced with some sort of spy).
>>
No. 679743 ID: 12b273

>>679699
Don't panic. You're already out and about, anyways. And you'll be pretty safe around other people.

And you aren't currently a corporate espionage target.
>>
No. 679827 ID: c47b0c

Going back at this point is a HUGE no no. Try to relax and just enjoy yourself a bit.
Also do you have cool secret code name or something?
>>
No. 679867 ID: cd90cb

Here's some food for thought, you're talking to us spooky beings from another realm. Yet you're talking to us like we are you. Could you just please start talking in the first person?
>>
No. 679888 ID: 15a025
File 144606000026.png - (7.69KB , 800x600 , moo.png )
679888

>You'll be with friends at the bar! Absolutely nothing can go wrong
>Don't panic. You're already out and about, anyways. And you'll be pretty safe around other people.
>Going back at this point is a HUGE no no. Try to relax and just enjoy yourself a bit.
The necklace beings are right. Your new friends will be there and you know there's a payphone to use in case things get dangerous.
>If it's just a toy it can't call 911 like your roommate was just saying it was, can it?
Nope, it just makes animal sounds when you push buttons.
>That would mean that unless you are hallucinating, your roommate just lied to you about something rather important.
Or they used the old switch tactic on you. Either way they've taken away one of your means of emergency contact and may have just put your life on the line.
>>
No. 679890 ID: 15a025
File 144606010657.png - (15.38KB , 800x600 , rainy.png )
679890

>Also do you have cool secret code name or something?
You do, though you're not sure if "Rainy" fits under cool. You almost forgot to mention you're actually going to this college here undercover while they track down who had kidnapped you. In case you know, they're still after you or something.
>Here's some food for thought, you're talking to us spooky beings from another realm. Yet you're talking to us like we are you. Could you just please start talking in the first person?
...
Hey the taxi stopped! Must mean we're at the bar now. Let's go in.
>>
No. 679893 ID: 15a025
File 144606152380.png - (4.95KB , 800x600 , bar 1.png )
679893

You walk in and find a place to sit as your friends shoot birthday cheers to you. You hear the bar tender put something sweet smelling on the table. Could it be cake! In the midst of all this the necklace draws out a rough outline of the bar table for you. It is a cake! Everyone sings happy birthday and toasts off to the new school year.
You're not sure what to do first. You could go off and chat with your friends Candy and Cindy. You could also stay at the bar and also order a few drinks? You also still need to find someone to drive you back to the dorms and possibly protect you from a possible spy...
What should we do spooky beings who live in the necklace?
>>
No. 679894 ID: 2a7417

Get wasted and then drive home.
>>
No. 679896 ID: defceb

Eat cake, drink a drink, talk to your friends.
>>
No. 679904 ID: 15a025
File 144606586779.png - (10.56KB , 800x600 , what to drink.png )
679904

>Eat cake, drink a drink, talk to your friends.
Sounds like a great plan. You eat a slice of cake and it was amazing! You ask the bartender for a list of drinks or a menu of some kind. Unfortunately there's no braille on the menu and even if there was your still kind of learning it. You ask the bartender to read you a list of drinks.
"Sure, we serve:
Red Wine
Grape Wine
Generic no brand name beer
Mint Julep
And Whiskey."
What should you have?
>>
No. 679938 ID: 0f1c4d

Red wine.
>>
No. 679960 ID: 15a025
File 144607967564.gif - (7.56KB , 800x600 , ring ring.gif )
679960

>Red wine.
Red wine it is! You motion to pull out your wallet but the bartender tells you drinks are on the house tonight. After gulping down what was almost the whole bottle you hear a phone ringing. The bar tender leaves to go pick it up and comes back saying it's for you and leads you to the phone in the back room.
"Hello, Rainy is this you?"
You assure the caller that this is you and ask who this is.
"Oh thank goodness. Listen, it's Andrew. Stay where you are, we've tracked your calls and the cops and an ambulance are on their way."
You ask how he knew you were here at this bar?
"You've got your phone with you. Did you forget it's got a tracking feature? Anyway, stay safe the cops should be at the bar in about fifteen minutes." The phone hangs up.
Ugh. You really don't feel like dealing with the cops and explaining what really happened right now. You ask the necklace people what you should do?
>>
No. 679962 ID: defceb

Hmm. I don't like this. The phone you have is fake BUT they're tracking by your phone, which means it's somewhere in the bar. Either your room-mate followed you there OR freaky spy shit is going on. Go to your friends real quick, verify that they are actually your friends and ask one of them to check your phone.
>>
No. 679963 ID: 12b273

>You've got your phone with you. Did you forget it's got a tracking feature?
Um. You don't have you phone with you, remember? Your roommate switched them. Unless she gave you your phone and planted the fake one on you too, as a joke.

You didn't make any calls. (Though your idiot roommate did earlier). And if you don't have your phone on you, the tracker shouldn't point here.

I'm suddenly getting very paranoid. Check if your phone is on you. If it's not, his story doesn't add up. In which case we might want to get out of here.
>>
No. 680045 ID: cd90cb

Dose the fake phone still go moo when you push a button?
>>
No. 680159 ID: c47b0c

You should tells us about your friends a bit. How long have you known them all? Any childhood friends here?
>>
No. 680225 ID: 15a025
File 144623859606.gif - (8.72KB , 800x600 , back room animation 1.gif )
680225

>You should tells us about your friends a bit. How long have you known them all? Any childhood friends here?
You don't have much time for this but yes. Your friend Candy has been your bff since, well forever. You haven't seen her in a few years but she was the cutest little sheep you've ever met. The two of you did everything together, you were like sisters. When you found out you were being sent to the college she was attending for the year you were super happy, and then you were bummed when finding out you were being sent there undercover.
>Um. You don't have you phone with you, remember? Your roommate switched them
You curse at this realization. So how are they tracking you?
>Go to your friends real quick
>we might want to get out of here.
Well better go find were Candy is. She's really the only one you can really trust right now.
You leave the phone booth in the back and start trying to find the way back. You pause as someone enters the back room and the necklace sends an image of the room layout to you. Someone's standing by the door.
>>
No. 680226 ID: 15a025
File 144623865743.gif - (8.76KB , 800x600 , pounding.gif )
680226

"Listen here Rainy, I don't really know you, you don't really know me. What I do know though is we're both pals and that we're both going to be swiss cheese if we don't get out of here in the next ten minutes . You've got something I want, and I've got something you want. Now hand over your wallet and smash that toy phone you've got."
You're feel frozen and don't move and you probably look like you're giving the headlight stare right now.
"Hand it over before I have to do something I'll end up regretting!"
You've never heard this side of Candy before. Candy's never been this angry at someone before. You hear a freighting clicking sound come from her direction and the smell of... burning peppermints and candy canes? Is she..? All of the sudden the necklace has changed the color of her heart to red and it's pounding like a drum!
Should you comply with her demands?
>>
No. 680250 ID: f61b8d

Well, frig. Uh...well...probably. How well do you know Andrew? Are you sure that was him? Given that you don't actually have your phone on you, I'm suspicious that maybe it was a fake. Ugh, SO many things seem off, here. Do you know why she'd want your wallet? Without a particular reason not to give it to her, I'd be tempted to do so. Plus, if she has a weapon, which it sounds like she does, frankly, you're at a major disadvantage.

Sooo, I'd go with giving it to her, I guess, though I can't help but worry that we'll regret the decision.

Alternate plan of action: try to tackle her, while trying to dodge possible bullets.

Either way, get out of here ASAP; I suspect the call was fake and the people coming are not on your side.
>>
No. 680251 ID: f61b8d

Also, side note, get a different roommate, probably.
>>
No. 680261 ID: 15a025
File 144625231307.png - (9.11KB , 800x600 , -2 peppermints.png )
680261

>How well do you know Andrew? Are you sure that was him?
You know Andrew enough to know that wasn't him. He's kind of immature and a little bit of a perv. Plus if anyone from the lab would be making a call like that it'd be from the boss making it.
>Sooo, I'd go with giving it to her
Yup. Though, you really aren't sure what she would want from it other than your money...
You throw the wallet in what you think is her direction.
"Good choice. Now let's see how much... what! Seriously you only have two! Tight wade. Alright so here's the escape plan. We're going to rush out to my car and book it out of here. I'm going to drive all over town and try to lose the pigs. Once it's clear where heading back to my place and I'll give you some new clothes."
You can hear her run up to you a pick you up off the ground. She jams her hoof in your pocket and tosses the phony phone away.
"And can't you tell you that junk is how they're tracking you by now?"
While being whisked away to the car you flip through the wallet and find that all she took was your peppermints.
"Oh and here, take this knife. You might need it if things get hot."
Well, now what?
>>
No. 680287 ID: defceb

Take the knife. Ask for an explanation of what's going on. Also ask for a peppermint and why they're so important. Then contemplate your life choices and make wild guesses as to what could have lead to this situation. If you're prone to it, now is also a good time to panic.
>>
No. 680315 ID: 8eba48

Eh, I dunno, seems like "having a gun pointed at you" would be a better time to panic, maybe. :P In any case, do as she says; it sounds like she doesn't want you dead or anything.
>>
No. 680316 ID: 8eba48

Aaalso, double post sorry, maybe don't actually ask for a peppermint? If that's why she had you toss your wallet over, I'd, uh, I'd be surprised if she handed one back that easily. Do ask why they're important, though; it's kinda weird. Weird things are happening.
>>
No. 680448 ID: 15a025
File 144633558189.png - (16.25KB , 800x600 , vroom vroom.png )
680448

>ask why they're important, though; it's kinda weird
You ask Candy why your peppermints were so important.
"What are you stupid or something? Didn't you know peppermints can be a key ingredient for some really crazy smokes? It's what I'm smoking right now actually."
You really aren't that surprised at this point.
> In any case, do as she says
Sounds like a solid plan.
Candy throws you into the car and buckles you in. Not even a moment later you can feel the gas being smashed.
>Ask for an explanation of what's going on
You ask how she knows you're in trouble and ask what did she do.
"Client of mine ended up snitching me out to the cops in the middle of a deal. Jokes on him them though I still have his cash. As for knowing what you did I actually just wanted your peppermints and a buddy to chill with, if you are in trouble with cops though I'll still help you out. Wanna chit chat for a bit while we're out and about?"
What should you talk about?
>>
No. 680719 ID: 0f1c4d

Ask how she knew about the tracker.
>>
No. 680783 ID: 12b273

Comment on this being the most confusing birthday ever.

Pop a peppermint.
>>
No. 681071 ID: c47b0c

Flirt with Candy, show her your true colors.
>>
No. 681111 ID: cd90cb

Tell Candy you want some of her secret candy :^)
>>
No. 681193 ID: 15a025
File 144659338690.png - (13.22KB , 800x600 , smokes.png )
681193

>Ask how she knew about the tracker.
You ask Candy how did she know your phone was really a tracking device.
"A store at the mall sells tracking devices like that to paranoid parents that want to know where their kids are 24/7. They're pretty expensive though so I'm not sure if they really sell to the target audience if you catch the drift."
>Pop a peppermint.
You don't have any peppermints left. You're also not sure you'd want one after finding out Candy makes some kind of smokes with them. Better just let her keep them.
>>
No. 681195 ID: 15a025
File 144659341491.png - (13.70KB , 800x600 , no cops.png )
681195

>Comment on this being the most confusing birthday ever.
You tell Candy this is starting the become the most confusing birthday you've ever had.
"I'm sure you've had more confusing nights then this. Then again things might be getting even more confusing, why aren't the cops after us? They should have been on our tail by now, something isn't right here. Let's just book it back to my place..."
Looks like you still got some time left to chat with candy, anything else we should ask or should we stay quiet till we get back to the dorms?
>>
No. 681203 ID: defceb

If the cops know you're with Candy then they're probably watching her place already. Is there somewhere else you can go?
>>
No. 681440 ID: 12b273

>>681195
Just zone out till you get there.
>>
No. 681938 ID: 15a025
File 144685368926.gif - (9.37KB , 800x600 , shitty bang.gif )
681938

>If the cops know you're with Candy then they're probably watching her place already. Is there somewhere else you can go?
Great idea! You explain this to Candy.
"Shoot, I didn't even think of that. Need to find a way in un-"
A loud bang and sirens interrupts Candy.
"Never mind, looks like we're following the same plan. Buckle up and duck cause shit's going to get real crazy!"
You feel the car go even faster as Candy swerves the car around and makes what feels like every turn possible. After what feels like an hour and the sirens fade the car slows down a bit.
"Alright here's the plan, We're going to stop at the mall here. I'll carry you through the back entrance. We need some new clothes or some kind of disguise asap. After that we're heading back to the dorms and locking up till classes start in the morning and then just act like nothing happened. Sound solid or do you have some other plan in mind?"
>>
No. 681944 ID: defceb

Say, word for word, "All plans look the same to me."
>>
No. 681983 ID: 15a025
File 144686522166.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , budget.png )
681983

>Say, word for word, "All plans look the same to me."
You tell candy this word for word.
"All right smartass, I'll just take that as a yes."
The car finally stops and not a second later Candy's already hopped out and carrying me off.
"Alright Rainy, I'm strapped for cash right now. I've only got $300 to last us the night, thankfully Mr.Shitbag the rat didn't keep his money from that deal. Anyway that might sound like a lot but keep in mind if the cops are at the dorms we're going to have to find a hotel or something to stay at for the night and possibly the next as well, plus food. With how crazy the rates for hotels are around here It's going to be at least $115 a night for the two of us, so that's $230 for two days at minimum. If we split up what should be left that gives $45 for each of us."
>>
No. 681984 ID: 15a025
File 144686527795.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , fake id.png )
681984

You tell Candy you've got some money on you as well.
"Shit, I forgot you had money too. Hand it over, how much you got?"
You give Candy the wallet.
"Damn Rainy, you've been holding out on me! There's $1,920 in here! Screw the budgeting then let's go shopping!"
You inform Candy that there's is no way you can have that much cash in your wallet. $1000+ is a good 2 months worth the work for you, and a good sum of that goes to bills.
"Who would take a blind persons wallet and then put money in it along with a fake sta... oh shit, there's a really good fake state I.D. in your wallet with a picture of your room mate on it yet it has your name on it!"
You make another mental note to interrogate your room mate tomorrow. Your starting to think that this is actually roommate's wallet and not yours.
"Whatever, we need the money more than she does now. Just so we don't go overboard on spending in case you end up having to pay her back, let's just go to the trashy clothes store and see what we can find..."
>>
No. 681987 ID: 15a025
File 144686545062.png - (17.55KB , 800x600 , what shirt.png )
681987

Candy guides you to the store and has you wait in the dressing room while she picks out something for you. After awhile she comes back.
"Damn this place doesn't have much for a tall skinny doe like yourself. You got two choices, shitty torn up black tank top with spiked arm bands or a shirt with Satan on it that says 'my lord.' Sorry they're both shitty but it's seriously all they have that'd fit you."
Since you can't really you don't really care what you ware as long as you know nothing offensive is written on them. Both these outfits seem like you're going to get comments from people. What should you get?
>>
No. 681996 ID: 0ed6e9

>shitty torn up black tank top with spiked arm bands
just leave the arm bands off. It's not like you HAVE to ware them. Plus I feel like it will draw less attention then the satan shirt.
>>
No. 681999 ID: 7b65b9

A shirts cool and all, but what about pants? Do you wear pants?
>>
No. 682000 ID: defceb

Grab the tank top. Take off the arm bands. Never wear pants ever. They're evil. Contemplate your history with your roommate.
>>
No. 682182 ID: 12b273

>>681987
Couldn't we just turn the Satan shirt inside out. No one is really gonna care about a plain black shirt.
>>
No. 682296 ID: 15a025
File 144695985377.png - (14.04KB , 800x600 , more vroom.png )
682296

>Just leave the arm bands off. It's not like you HAVE to wear them
>Grab the tank top. Take off the arm bands
Hmm, never thought of that. You just pop off your shirt and put the new one on. After that you fold up your "old" shirt and place it in your bag.
>A shirts cool and all, but what about pants? Do you wear pants?
Yes, you do actually. You're pretty sure your identity is safe with the pair you have on right now.
While you were getting changed, Candy was out looking for her disguise. It took awhile but she finally found something to wear.
"Oh if only you could see me Rainy. I look like a total mob boss right now."
You get the feeling Candy lied about your limited selection of clothes here.
"Alright let's scram."
You and Candy book it for her car.
>>
No. 682298 ID: 15a025
File 144695999184.gif - (44.36KB , 800x600 , bad driving.gif )
682298

"Get ready for another wild ride Rainy cause here we go!"
Candy wasn't kidding about it being wild, cause she hit a good few somethings on the way back to the dorms.
"Alright Rainy, when we get to the dorms I'm going to just carry you back up to my room. So things don't look weird or whatever just look like your passed out or just babble drunk nonsense, unless the cops are here waiting for us. In which case we make like a tree and get the hell out of there and head for a motel."
It doesn't take long for you to get back to the parking lot by the dorms and you're thankful when you hear Candy tell you there aren't any cop cars parked in the lot. Candy lifts you out of the car and you try to lay down in her arms and look like you're passed out.
>>
No. 682299 ID: 15a025
File 144696006823.gif - (27.76KB , 800x600 , how many drinks!.gif )
682299

The minuet Candy walked in through the front entrances someone asked what happened.
"Oh you know, crazy night at the bar. Someone just had to have one drink, then two, then two more, then four more, and so on till like 25 drinks later."
"Sounds like a wild night. Have fun dealing with those nasty hangovers in the morning."
You make a mental note to punch Candy later for going overboard on the cover up story.
>>
No. 682303 ID: 15a025
File 144696023312.png - (14.59KB , 800x600 , what do.png )
682303

After a long night of dodging the law and possible spies you and Candy are finally at her dorm room.
"Alright I'm going to lock things up now. Anything you wanna do before we hit the hay, it's surprisingly only a little after midnight? I got a pretty solid movie collection or we could play some board games if you want. If that's not your thing I could start reading you a book or something?"
You're not sure what you want to. You're exhausted from what is now your most insane birthday ever, but you also still want to hang out with Candy as well. What should you do?
>>
No. 682377 ID: defceb

'Watch' a movie. Ask Candy why they're so interested in keeping you away from the cops. Contemplate your own self-image. Fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the movie. Dream of cute boys.
>>
No. 682707 ID: 3641d4

Go right to bed. Any noise coming from the room will make people think you and candy are in the dorm and will try to bust in.
>>
No. 682779 ID: 12b273

>>682303
Play a game.

Um. What kind of game works when you're blind. Cards are bad. Board games work fine, if we can display them, or if you can keep it in your head.
>>
No. 683065 ID: 15a025
File 144720047574.png - (8.16KB , 800x600 , castle in chess_.png )
683065

>What kind of game works when you're blind? Cards are bad. Board games work fine, if we can display them, or if you can keep it in your head
You decide to try playing a game of chess with Candy. The game only went on for a solid 15 minuets before Candy put you into a fast check mate. As for the "necklace vision" it only picked up the table, board, Candy's heart, and the two king pieces. You still had a good time.
>Ask Candy why they're so interested in keeping you away from the cops
You ask Candy about her motives and why she's going out of her way to keep you away from the law.
"Like I said earlier, I don't know if you're really in trouble with the law or whatever. I do know that I am definitely in deep shit though. Only reason why I brought you into this was it's scary running away on your own, having a friend to travel with makes things a lot easier but some things get harder... In the long run it's worth it though, cause so far I've had blast hanging out with you Rainy. Sorry my 'motive' was just a selfish one, and sorry for dragging you into this mess with me. Well, now that's been said anything else you want to know? I wont blame you if you just want to leave now."
You're not really sure what you want to do now. Any thoughts necklace beings?
>>
No. 683124 ID: 12b273

Well, where do we have to go? Home means dealing with your roomate, who has been pretty weird about all of this, and I dunno if you really want a late night confrontation.
>>
No. 683212 ID: 3641d4

Don't leave the poor thing. It's obvious she needs someone to hang out with. Besides, it really late now and what if the people not Andrew has chasing you find you in the hall?
>>
No. 683336 ID: 15a025
File 144728176916.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , movie party.png )
683336

>Well, where do we have to go? Home means dealing with your roomate, who has been pretty weird about all of this, and I dunno if you really want a late night confrontation.
Yeah, going home means having to sit and yell at your room mate about everything that occurred tonight. Plus she might be a spy out to get you. Not to mention that Candy did unintentionally help you get away from whoever that was on the phone tracking you.
You tell Candy that you plan on staying here for night.
"Really, does that mean...?"
You tell her yes and ask her to brake out a good movie for you to listen to. Candy runs up to you and gives you a huge fluffy hug.
"You sure you really don't mind listening to a movie? I could thi-"
You cut her off and insist you're fine with it. Actually when you were a kid you use to listen to radio shows all the time with your friends.

"Have you ever seen or listened tp Toxic Crusader before?"
You shake your head no.
"Well I think I know what will pop in then."
It takes Candy awhile to get the vhs player hooked up but eventually she gets the movie going.
Unfortunately the movie just wasn't the kind of movie you just listen to, and ended up falling asleep on Candy's lap about halfway through...
"Hey Rainy, are you awake? The movie ended now. What did you think of it?"
What should you tell her?
>>
No. 683363 ID: f10e35

Tell her you fell asleep and wanna go cuddle.
>>
No. 683582 ID: 3641d4

cuddle with her.
>>
No. 683585 ID: 12b273

You kind of fell asleep. Either it wasn't really your thing, or your the day had just been too much.

It's okay, you're happy you got to hang out.
>>
No. 683651 ID: 7b65b9

You should tell her you fell asleep on purpose, just so you could rest on her lap ;)
>>
No. 683680 ID: 15a025
File 144739192864.gif - (12.53KB , 800x600 , zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif )
683680

Just wondering, do you spooky necklace people like longer updates like these or shorter ones, or multiple short updates?
>Tell her you fell asleep and wanna go cuddle.
>You kind of fell asleep. Either it wasn't really your thing, or the day had just been too much.
You don't want to make her feel bad about her choice in movies so you ju-
>tell her you fell asleep on purpose, just so you could rest on her lap ;)
Nope that's not what you were going to say. You tell her you fell asleep half way through.
"So you didn't like it?"
You tell her that you only fell asleep cause it's just been a real rough day for you.
"Ready for bed then?"
Yeah, you're getting very tired now tomo- no today is your actual first day of classes.
"Cool, only problem is though there's only one bed here so unless you want to cuddle up with me you'll have to crash on the couch."
You ask the nec-
>go cuddle
>cuddle with her.
You really hate sleeping on couches so you tell her you'll just share the bed with her.
"Sweet less work for me then."
You hop into bed and start to recite your prayers, half way through Candy interrupts you.
"Here's something I never thought I'd hear again, I use to have a friend back home who use to say the same religious thing as you are whenever we'd have a sleepover."
Yup, typical Candy. She also always would interrupt you with questions halfway through prayers about religious stuff. You just try to ignore her and finish them, it's apparently bad to stop in the middle of prayers or something. You don't why, but you try to avoid it anyway. After a few minutes after prayers, you feel yourself drifting off into slumber.
>>
No. 683681 ID: 15a025
File 144739195505.gif - (46.31KB , 800x600 , youre late bitch.gif )
683681

Unfortunately it was not a very long or peaceful one, your dreams were haunted by nightmares of being caught by that... that monster again. This is the third time you've had this nightmare and it always end the same way, with your eyes about to be stabbed. When you wake up Candy's...petting your head?
"Rainy stop screaming, it's just a bad dream. It's just a nightmare, don't be scared."
You were screaming in your sleep? That's a first. There's also tears rolling down your checks.
"Oh finally you're awake, you've been screaming like that for a good fifteen minutes. What on earth were you dreaming about?"
You really don't want to talk about that night in detail, especially after just having a nightmare about it. You just tell her you'd rather not talk about.
"That's alright. Anyway classes start in about an hour you want something to eat before you go?"
An hour till classes start! It will easily take you an hour and a half to get to any of your classes. For quick reference you've got this sweet accommodation setup where you can go to any of your four classes in any order. Speaking of which, what class should you go to? Your classes are English, Advanced Stats, World History, and a basic chemistry class. Or should you say screw it and skip your first class for some food?
>>
No. 683686 ID: 7b65b9

You probably shouldn't go to class if people are after you, because they probably know what school you attend. If you really gotta go to class, and are sure you won't get ambushed, just run to class with toast in your mouth. That way you get breakfast and aren't late.
>>
No. 683831 ID: 12b273

>It will easily take you an hour and a half to get to any of your classes.
Really, wow? That's a terrible commute.

>Just wondering, do you spooky necklace people like longer updates like these or shorter ones, or multiple short updates?
Uh, either of the first two is fine, I think. The problem with too many short updates in quick succession is it's very easy to miss a chance to contribute or influence things.

>what class should you go to?
If we're choosing which class you can afford to be half an hour late to, or skip entirely, I'd say the basic chem. The first class will just be basic intro, the material is fairly ubiquitous, and it's likely to be a large lecture so there's less of a chance of personally getting on the professor's bad side for it.
>>
No. 684074 ID: 15a025
File 144756804438.gif - (9.26KB , 800x600 , tea time.gif )
684074

>You probably shouldn't go to class if people are after you, because they probably know what school you attend. If you really gotta go to class, and are sure you won't get ambushed, just run to class with toast in your mouth. That way you get breakfast and aren't late.
This is a good point but the people who were chasing you and Candy last night were actual cops who were chasing Candy because of her questionable life choices. You aren't really sure how much whoever is tracking you down knows about you though. Anyway you feel pretty safe about getting to classes without any problems other than being a little over thirty minutes late and hungry.
>Really, wow? That's a terrible commute.
The sad part is that it's actually only across the big parking lot. It takes you so long because not only do you have to dodge people's cars, but climb lots and lots of stairs. There's also no brail signs or way of telling if a door leads to your class so there's that too. Even though it's the first actual school day you've been walking around through the buildings trying to get a feel for where things are. You guess you'll find today if it helps out or not.
>If we're choosing which class you can afford to be half an hour late to, or skip entirely, I'd say the basic chem. The first class will just be basic intro, the material is fairly ubiquitous, and it's likely to be a large lecture so there's less of a chance of personally getting on the professor's bad side for it.
Screw it, you're skipping chem all together today. You haven't had anything to eat since that birthday cake from last night. If you don't eat something now you won't be able to eat something again until five.
You tell Candy you're starving and really need something to eat.
"Hope you like to eat like a guest at a little girl's fancy tea party cause all we've got are saltine crackers to eat and homemade tea to drink."
You honestly don't know what you were expecting to have to eat.
While plowing down crackers, you start to of what think class you should go to for second period and nuts, you realize all your school supplies are back at your dorm room. You wonder what the best course of action is?
>>
No. 684077 ID: 12b273

>You honestly don't know what you were expecting to have to eat.
I dunno, cereal? Most people at least keep cereal in the apartment. Or heck, bread. So you could make toast.

Or failing that, this is a college. You'd think there'd be a dining hall nearby. You got a meal plan?

>getting to class woes
So it might help if you had someone to show you the way, maybe.

>you realize all your school supplies are back at your dorm room. You wonder what the best course of action is?
Well, we probably have time to get your stuff since you're skipping first period.
>>
No. 684332 ID: 3641d4

The best thing to do is skip school all day and cuddle with candy all day long.
>>
No. 684446 ID: 15a025
File 144772499356.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , what on earth are you going to do.png )
684446

>You'd think there'd be a dining hall nearby. You got a meal plan?
There is a dining hall but it's mostly expensive fancy food. You wish you were able to get a meal plan but apparently you make too much money for that.
>Might help if you had someone to show you the way, maybe.
Unfortunately most of the staff and students here haven't been to kind about your sight problems. It's like the idea of not being able to see is a foreign concept around here. When you applied to get a guide or some kind of seeing aide they told you that needed medical records to prove you aren't just faking it and being lazy before they'd offer any assistance.
>We probably have time to get your stuff since you're skipping first period.
You do have time to run back and grab your stuff, the only thing is you really don't feel like dealing with your room mate right now. You don't even think it'd be a good idea to be in the same room with her alone anymore after what happened last night, she could very well be out to get you. You're not sure if you should try to just book it and grab your stuff or see if Candy has supplies you could borrow? Or maybe the necklace people have a better idea? You also need to decide on what class you're going to for second period.
>>
No. 684449 ID: 86cfc3

>When you applied to get a guide or some kind of seeing aide they told you that needed medical records to prove you aren't just faking it and being lazy before they'd offer any assistance.
And... you don't have any? Whoever set up your undercover package messed up, big time, if it didn't include medical records.

I kind of thought making allowances for students with disabilities was a big thing. And how hard is it to administer an eye test?

>you really don't feel like dealing with your room mate right now
Shouldn't she be at class now, anyways? I mean she could have skipped too, but the odds of that are poor. Or maybe she doesn't have a class yet, but if you're freshmen, odds are good you get stuck with early morning class periods.

>see if Candy has supplies you could borrow?
I suppose, although after she didn't keep so much as a box of cereal or granola bars or a loaf of bread, I'm skeptical she'd have spares.

Actually, wait. What supplies do you need? You can't read any textbooks, unless you've already learned braille, or you got audiobooks. You can't really take notes on anything, unless you bring a tape recorder (or someone who types their notes can give you a braille printout, maybe?).

Um, how are you going to take tests and stuff? If you haven't got the university to formally recognize your disability, you're getting the same piece of paper everyone else is.
>>
No. 684592 ID: 3641d4

Go to english class for your second period. English is pretty fun.
>>
No. 684627 ID: d9cdf6

>she could very well be out to get you.
You know, judging by how she had a fake id with her picture and your name on it, my suspicion is that she is out to be you for some spy purpose. And its easier to steal someone's identity if you can get them out of the way first...

About that, we should really be considering what our options are for getting in contact with your bosses for some backup. Is the lab close enough that we can just get a ride there? That might blow our cover but it is looking a lot like it is largely blown by this point.
>>
No. 684748 ID: 15a025
File 144789767004.png - (14.43KB , 800x600 , really bad pic of a back pack.png )
684748

>Go to english class for your second period. English is pretty fun.
English is actually a fun class for you, looks like you'll go there for second period.
>After she didn't keep so much as a box of cereal or granola bars or a loaf of bread, I'm skeptical she'd have spares.

Actually, wait. What supplies do you need? You can't read any textbooks, unless you've already learned braille, or you got audiobooks. You can't really take notes on anything, unless you bring a tape recorder (or someone who types their notes can give you a braille printout, maybe?).
Yeah, she probably won’t have spares. Anyway you need a lot of stuff. You’ve got an extremely heavy back pack containing quite the haul of stuff. You have braille copies of all your big textbooks in there (except for any novels you may read in English class, not to mention you're still learning how to read braille), a type writer for getting all your homework written up with, as well as tons of paper and a tape recorder.
> Whoever set up your undercover package messed up, big time, if it didn't include medical records.
Yeah, those unfortunately got lost in a filing error at the student records office.
>I kind of thought making allowances for students with disabilities was a big thing.
You're actually the first disabled student to even enroll at this college, so they're pretty under prepared to handle one apparently.
>And how hard is it to administer an eye test?
Not hard actually, you're having an eye exam done tomorrow after classes. Only downside is you have to pay for it out of your pocket which is a little baloney.
>Um, how are you going to take tests and stuff? If you haven't got the university to formally recognize your disability, you're getting the same piece of paper everyone else is.
You’re hoping there won’t be any kind of homework that requires you to read something there isn’t a braille copy of till after that eye exam.
>Shouldn't your room mate be at class now, anyways? I mean she could have skipped too, but the odds of that are poor.
Unless she left early, she’s probably still in the dorm. There’s still a good half an hour before class starts.
>You know, judging by how she had a fake id with her picture and your name on it, my suspicion is that she is out to be you for some spy purpose and it’s easier to steal someone's identity if you can get them out of the way first...
Hmm… now that’s a different way of thinking about all this. That doesn’t explain why she took your phone and gave you a tracker instead though or does it? You’ll keep this theory in mind for now.
>About that, we should really be considering what our options are for getting in contact with your bosses for some backup. Is the lab close enough that we can just get a ride there? That might blow our cover but it is looking a lot like it is largely blown by this point.
Oh there is almost no way you’re getting to the lab right now. It’s easily a two day drive there. 19 hours if you don’t stop for any brakes or rest. You could make a phone call but it’d have to be in a very privet area where no one would be able to hear you. Maybe Candy knows someone with a phone you could use? Anyway, you better run off to your dorm room and get your stuff. Classes are only two hours long and it might take you some time to find what you need.
>>
No. 684750 ID: 15a025
File 144789781136.gif - (7.42KB , 800x600 , wait whats in the other room holy shit run guys jk.gif )
684750

After finishing an entire package of crackers you tell Candy you're very thankful for everything she's done for you since last night and tell her you need to head back to your dorm room and get your things.
"Leaving alrea- oh yeah classes start real soon. We better get going or else we'll be late. Thanks for hanging out with me Rainy!"
You pull out the old stick and start rushing to find your room. Thankfully there's room numbers on all the doors you can feel. Candy's room was 304 and your room's 236. It takes you about fifteen minutes to get back but you still have plenty of time. You knock and then enter the room with your key. You call out to hear if your room mate is still home. It's faint but you hear someone cuss upon announcing your presence. Soon your room mate walks up to you and hand you your back pack with all your stuff.
"Get out of here, now!"
She sounds extremely pissed off. What crawled up her bum and died? Should you just leave or should you pursue a conversation about what's going on? Maybe lead into what was up with last night?
You can also ask about or make a comment on anything from the last page as well.
>>
No. 684859 ID: 146c4d

So it looks like she isn't willing to outright attack you somewhere as public as an apartment complex, though that might change if you push too hard. This might be a chance to get some information though if you don't let on how much you suspect.
Ask what is going on; this is still your apartment, right?
>>
No. 684875 ID: 88960e

>You’ve got an extremely heavy back pack containing quite the haul of stuff. You have braille copies of all your big textbooks in there (except for any novels you may read in English class, not to mention you're still learning how to read braille), a type writer for getting all your homework written up with, as well as tons of paper and a tape recorder.
Geeeeeze. Don't we have braille screens yet. All you need is a surface the computer can raise bumps on. And people can already type without looking at a keyboard if they're good.

...well you get free points from the hipster crowd for the typewriter, I guess.

>She sounds extremely pissed off. What crawled up her bum and died?
I see two heart symbols. Assuming we have a first person view, she's got someone hidden in her bedroom. I can think of several obvious reason she might be upset at your presence.

She's probably naked, and you can't even tell.
>>
No. 684935 ID: 15a025
File 144798209902.gif - (24.30KB , 800x600 , smack also seizure warning.gif )
684935

>Geeeeeze. Don't we have braille screens yet. All you need is a surface the computer can raise bumps on. And people can already type without looking at a keyboard if they're good.
Computer screens that can raise bumps for braille? You've never heard of such technology, it sounds like it'd cost more money than you could ever imagine having at any point in time. You could type stuff up on a computer but the college doesn't really have any other than the few in the library and laptops are also extremely expensive.
>I see two heart symbols. Assuming we have a first person view, she's got someone hidden in her bedroom. I can think of several obvious reason she might be upset at your presence. She's probably naked, and you can't even tell.
Yup, the necklace works in a first person view. Anyway for once, you're actually glad you're blind. Seeing your room mate naked would be pretty disturbing. Thinking about it more, she was probably in the middle of having sex with someone.
>This might be a chance to get some information though if you don't let on how much you suspect.
Ask what is going on; this is still your apartment, right?
This is still your apartment. You demand your room mate explain why she stole your phone and have a fake state ID with your name on it in her wallet.
"I believe I just asked you to get out, now!"
You tell her you aren't leaving without an explanation and your phone. She walks away for a moment and comes back and throws something at your face real hard, your fore head stings real bad. The pain from the blow made you make a rater loud yelp as well. After picking the object up off the ground you find out it was your phone she threw.
"Now make like a tree and fuck off!"
Before she has the chance to shove you out the door someone from her room walks in.
"Yo what's with all the fighting out here and who's the other blind chick?"
"Oh she's uh... she's my...sister! Who should really be getting out of here."
Did she just say you were her sister?
"Dose blindness run in the family or something?"
"Uh... yeah our mother was also blind."
What is with all these lies, something fishy is going on here. Out of nowhere your room mate pinches your arm and whispers into your ear.
"I'll explain shit later, just get the hell out of here."
Your head is still spinning from being smacked in the face with your phone. Should you just leave?
>>
No. 684944 ID: 86cfc3

Seems like you walked in on her pretending to be you. Not sure if the hookup idea is wrong or not, though.

Maybe now we know why the school is afraid of people faking it?

...we could really mess this up right now, but I kind of think it would just be better to leave. And to come back with backup when we confront her and get to explain.

"Right, later 'Sis', later... [awkward pause for him to give his name]" (It's a lot easier to hold this over later if we know who she lied to, cause there's the threat of outing her).
>>
No. 685049 ID: 7b65b9

give her a big hug and a sisterly kiss on the cheek, and say "goodbye sis, hope you have better luck with this one".
>>
No. 685053 ID: 15a025
File 144806466859.gif - (29.83KB , 800x600 , slam.gif )
685053

>Seems like you walked in on her pretending to be you. Not sure if the hookup idea is wrong or not, though.
Now you don't know for sure that she's pretending to be oh who are you kidding your room mate is totally stealing your identity for some reason. As for the whole hookup or dating thing it could still be a possibility that they're dating.
>...we could really mess this up right now, but I kind of think it would just be better to leave. And to come back with backup when we confront her and get to explain.
>give her a big hug and a sisterly kiss on the cheek, and say "goodbye sis, hope you have better luck with this one".
Oh this plan is too perfect, let's kill her with some kindness. You walk give your "sister" a big painful hug and kiss her gently on the cheek. "Sorry about interrupting your sexy time. Hope you have better luck with this guy than that dick from the bar last month. I still can't believe Brad wa-"
Your "sister" covers up your mouth and says it is really time for you to be going now, and shoves you out the door and slams it shut. You feel a little better after that. You pull out your phone and have it tell you what time it is.
"The time is currently: Seven Forty-Five AM."
Well, you still have some time to mess around before you need to start heading out for English class. You could check your mail to see if the lab has sent you anything or hit up the student store. You could also just leave for second period early.
>>
No. 685134 ID: 86cfc3

>your room mate is totally stealing your identity for some reason
How much of your current identity is just a cover story? The prospect of someone stealing a fake identity is kind of amusing.

>where go
Let's check mail, I guess.
>>
No. 685222 ID: 7b65b9

If your mail is a voicemail, then i'd check that. If not, then just head to the student store.
>>
No. 685227 ID: 15a025
File 144817111198.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , chip.png )
685227

>How much of your current identity is just a cover story? The prospect of someone stealing a fake identity is kind of amusing.
Oh everything about your current identity is a cover story, your boss even made up a story as to why your even going to college. If it's interests the spooky necklace people you'd be willing to share it on the way to class. You also chuckle at the fact your room mate is stealing a fake identity and even made a fake state id card of a fake identity.
>Let's check mail, I guess.
>If your mail is a voicemail, then I'd check that. If not, then just head to the student store.
Seems like the necklace people can't make up their minds on this either. Oh well, you can just go do both. The mail boxes are by the front entrance so you'll just check it on your way out.
After walking around the long halls you make it to the student store safely. When you walk in you feel the presence of a few other students in the store. One has a strong scent lingering from them that informs you they're a skunk, as for the others they all smell like goats and sheep. You brows around the store but find nothing of real interest. You decide it's time leave and check the mail, then head off for second period.
When you open up your mailbox there's a just a small computer chip feeling thing in it. You shove the chip in your pant poc- oh what the hell! The pants you are wearing have the pockets sown shut. What's even weirder is you can still feel the knife Candy gave you in there. Instead you just toss the chip into your coat po- for the love of mother nature! You don't even have your coat on. You must have left it in Candy's room. How did it take you this long to even realize you weren't it. Now it's going to be an "ice" walk to class in nothing more than a tank top and jeans.
>>
No. 685228 ID: 15a025
File 144817114614.png - (13.30KB , 800x600 , ice balls.png )
685228

The instant you open the door on the way out you can hear the snow whistling away outside and feel the bitter sting of the cold. You pull out your walking stick and groan as you shiver over through the parking lot. After trudging through the storm a bit you start hearing some students walking behind you.
"Hey Trish, look at that moron walking around in just a ripped up tank top and jeans."
"You talking about that deer in front of us Steve?"
"Yeah, oh shit she's even blind! What stupid bitch, she can't even dress herself properly"
"How do you know she's blind Steve?"
"She's got fucking walking stick that's how."
"Oh that's what that thing is."
"I can't tell who's the bigger dumbass now, you or the blind bitch."
"How do you think she went blind Steve?"
"Moron probably froze her eyes like a dumbass."
You feel a tear roll down your face as you try to tune out the conversation. Memories of that one night start slowly crawling back into your mind. You shake your head and try to think about something nice, something like Candy's fluffy warm bed. Unfortunately those thoughts get interrupted when something cold and hard hits your head.
"Ha! Nailed her right in head Trish!"
"Nice shot Steve, here let me try!"
Another hard, frozen lump smacks your neck. This time it even stings.
"Nice one Trish, I can even see a little blood where that one hit."
More tears roll down your cheek as more snowballs pelt your back. The cold stings like hell and you can't even think about anything other than all the pain being thrown at you. You wonder for a moment if the necklace people can help clear your mind and guide you?
>>
No. 685253 ID: 86cfc3

>If it's interests the spooky necklace people you'd be willing to share it on the way to class.
Yeah why not.

>computer chip
Do you even have anything we could plug that into later, or is it likely just something they want you to hold onto?

>no pockets, tank top
>What stupid bitch, she can't even dress herself properly
Oh, dang, still in Candy's terrible improvised disguise. (Still it's not like half the girls on a college campus don't walk around dressed terribly for any given day's weather).

>snowball assault
What the fuck.

Your only real options are to yell at them to cut it out and get out of there, or just say nothing and get out of there. Staying down and taking the beating in the cold is not going to do any good.
>>
No. 685344 ID: 3641d4

Return fire!!!
>>
No. 685393 ID: fbc59e

Run. Get security if convinent, even for a normal student this situation probably couldn't just be written off as lazy student trying to pass as blind.
>>
No. 685449 ID: 7b65b9

Tell them there are other balls they could be slamming into you, if you know what I am saying. ;))))
>>
No. 685483 ID: 15a025
File 144839114191.gif - (223.59KB , 800x600 , crack.gif )
685483

>Tell them there are other balls they could be slamming into you, if you know what I am saying. ;))))
Honestly, this cheered you up a moment.
>snowball assault What the fuck.
>Your only real options are to yell at them to cut it out and get out of there, or just say nothing and get out of there. Staying down and taking the beating in the cold is not going to do any good.
>Run. Get security if convenient, even for a normal student this situation probably couldn't just be written off as lazy student trying to pass as blind.
You shake your head as more snowballs bash against your head. Running off is probably your best bet. Staying out here in the cold like this is only going to get you pneumonia, or worse. You just get up and just gun it, but then realize you still have to listen for incoming cars and other possible hazards and start slowing it back down to a jog. You're safe for a few moments but they catch up to you quickly.
"The fuck was that? You seriously think you can run off that easily?"
"Yeah, like really? Hey Steve, you should go stuff her down that snow bank over there. That'll really 'snow' this bitch her place."
"Let's fucking do it."
Steve smacks you in the gut and lifts you off the frozen ground. The impact of the blow almost makes you vomit. You struggle and try to free yourself but this Steve guy is just too strong for you.
"Hey Steve, I think she's asking for a chill pill, why don't you yank her shirt off to help out with that?"
"Great idea Trish. Hell why even stop there, let's go all the way."
You start to freak out even more. No way in hell in are you putting up with this. You tense up your right arm and pray for the best as you slug Steve as hard as you possibly can. An audible crack echoes through the storm. You feel Steve's grip on you lighten up until he drops you onto the ground.
"Steve you alright?"
The sound of a body crashing onto the parking lot's pavement makes you wince.
"Steve! Please tell me your alright."
"J..just peachy Trish. Think we should just get going here, I think she's hand enough. Plus we're already late for class."
Looks like you're stronger than you thought.
>>
No. 685484 ID: 15a025
File 144839149414.gif - (5.39KB , 800x600 , you okay.gif )
685484

You hear the two attackers walking away in the harsh snow storm. You take a moment to settle down as a feeling of dizziness comes. You pull out the walking stick and start thinking about some other things the necklace asked.
>Do you even have anything we could plug that into later, or is it likely just something they want you to hold onto?
You don't really have anything to plug this into, at least not yet. There's probably a set of instructions coming in the mail as well.
>If it's interests the spooky necklace people you'd be willing to share it on the way to class.
>Yeah why not.
It's nothing spectacular or over the top. Your boss is pretending to be your uncle. He enrolled you into this college hoping you can find some kind new interest or trade as an apology for that terrible accident out at hunting camp. Can really tell he stayed up all night thinking up that one.
Your walking stick hits a different surface after a bit, it's a door mat. Finally! After trudging through the ice cold in your skimpy disguise from last night and dealing with some random attackers, you've made it into the warm safety of the main building, you feel like you could collapse at any moment. Footsteps can be heard coming your way.
"Oh my! Are, are you okay? You look like you just got mugged or something?"
What should you say?
>>
No. 685486 ID: 88960e

>>685483
Holy crap, that escalated. Went from a cruel snowball attack to outright assault. In broad daylight. When the paths should be full of people headed to class. What the hell is wrong with this campus.

>"Oh my! Are, are you okay? You look like you just got mugged or something?"
I don't think they took anything, but yeah. You'll be okay, you think.

Ask for directions to the class you're going to.
>>
No. 685493 ID: fbc59e

I've got to ask- how violent are people anyway? Seems like you've been getting attacked and aggressed quite a bit as of late...
I figure say "Just a pair of jerks, one of them learned I can hit what I can't see, and then they backed off." Or something like that.
>>
No. 685513 ID: 15a025
File 144840236193.png - (6.88KB , 800x600 , cozy.png )
685513

>Holy crap, that escalated. Went from a cruel snowball attack to outright assault. In broad daylight. When the paths should be full of people headed to class. What the hell is wrong with this campus.
>I've got to ask- how violent are people anyway? Seems like you've been getting attacked and aggressed quite a bit as of late...
This is the first time anyone's ever been violent and hit you here before. Usually people just tease or make fun of you. Only person who seems different is your room mate, she was so nice to you before your birthday party.
>Don't think they took anything
>I figure say "Just a pair of jerks, one of them learned I can hit what I can't see, and then they backed off." Or something like that.
You just tell them some jerks picked a fight with you and ran off after they found out that just cause you're blind doesn't mean you can't fight back.
"Oh my, that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that."
You tell it her your fine, you just need directions to the second period English class.
"Second period? That doesn't start for at least another hour, but sure I'll help you out. How about we get you warmed up first, care for a blanket and some hot chocolate with marshmallows? If not, we could just go start climbing up and get you to class early."
What will it be?
>>
No. 685540 ID: ad936f

Unless this college recently hosted the national psychopaths convention that sort of attack is suspicious as shit. I don't know what they were trying to achieve but they're fairly obviously working for your enemies. The kinds of people who are clever enough to use fake names and are able to get away with an attack like that in broad daylight are not the same kinds of people who commit assault because they don't like the way a complete stranger is dressed.

On a completely unrelated note, you've mention working for "the government", but which government? What country are we in?
>>
No. 685584 ID: 86cfc3

>How about we get you warmed up first, care for a blanket and some hot chocolate with marshmallows?
...that would be lovely.

Introduce yourself to your new friend.

>Only person who seems different is your room mate, she was so nice to you before your birthday party.
She's probably in a bad mood that you caught her borrowing your identity. I have to admit, I've very interested to hear her explanation.
>>
No. 685600 ID: 7b65b9

You should take him/her up on their offer for cocoa. Also ask what there name is so you can thank them properly.

Side question, are you able to tell if someone drugs your hot cocoa without drinking it?
>>
No. 685616 ID: 15a025
File 144843459549.gif - (20.05KB , 800x600 , hot chocolate.gif )
685616

>I don't know what they were trying to achieve but they're fairly obviously working for your enemies. The kinds of people who are clever enough to use fake names and are able to get away with an attack like that in broad daylight are not the same kinds of people who commit assault because they don't like the way a complete stranger is dressed.
There's a different outlook on what happened. You don't think the attack was over just why you were dressed like a moron from last night. It's possible they were drunk but you didn't really smell any alcohol on them. Seems like you're going to have to keep your guard up even on campus. At least you know you have some kind of new found strength.
>On a completely unrelated note, you've mention working for "the government", but which government? What country are we in?
The country you're in is probably one the necklace people are unfamiliar with or may not even exist in their realm. Worldly differences aside, you work for the Talvi government. Around here it pretty much always snows every day, except for the first month of the year where it's a crazy heat wave all month and partially the next.
>You should take him/her up on their offer for cocoa. Also ask what their name is so you can thank them properly. Side question, are you able to tell if someone drugs your hot cocoa without drinking it?
Side question first, yes and no. Back at the lab you were trained a bit to sniff out a few different kinds of drugs that were commonly put into someone's food or drink. Unfortunately they only had you practice for about a day and then just dropped it and that was a good year ago.
You ask your new friend what their name is and tell them you'll take the warm blanket and hot chocolate.
"Oh I'm sorry, the names Sybil. In case you were wondering what I am, I'm just a Himalayan Serow."
You introduce yourself to Sybil as she leads you to a student lounge. When you get there she guides you to a chair and covers you with a cozy fleece blanket. When she comes back with some hot chocolate for the both you, you kindly thank her again for helping you out.
"Ah gee Rainy, it's no problem. Just doing the right thing, unlike most people. How's the hot chocolate?"
You tell her it's like heaven in your mouth right now. It's exactly what you needed.
"Hey I noticed you aren't really dressed for the weather around here. Do you need some clothes or is freezing your buns off a thing you like to do?"
You tell her you forgot your jacket and stuff at your friends house.
"Oh, well if you ever need clothes there's a clothes closest here in the student lounge to help the less fortunate out. Well hey it's like 9:30 and second period starts in a half hour. We should get you off to English class now."
>>
No. 685617 ID: 15a025
File 144843462431.png - (5.37KB , 800x600 , where do i sit.png )
685617

It was a long climb but Sybil finally helps you up to the top floor and helps you memorize where the classroom is located there.
"And here you are, Prof.Moisor's English class room lies behind this door. I'd go in and introduce you but I've got to scram and get to my CAD class. I'd be on your best behavior in her class, she's extremely picky and strict with her students."
You thank Sybil for helping you out again and walk into the classroom hoping you weren't just pranked by someone again.
"Oh what on Earth is it now! Class doesn't start for ano-oh hello who are you?"
You introduce yourself to the Professor.
"Well it's nice to meet you Rainy. What can I help you with?"
You tell her you're just coming in early so you can familiarize yourself with the classroom and get setup for class today.
"If there's one thing I hate, it's butt kissers. You can kiss it all you want but don't expect to get any special treatment in here from it. Now find a seat and park it, class starts in ten minutes."
Should you sit in the front or back of the classroom?
>>
No. 685734 ID: 3641d4

You should totally sit in the back of the room, that way no one will notice you.
>>
No. 685776 ID: 2ca12e

>>685617
Is there any clear indication that you're blind? Surely no normal teacher is enough of a bitch to tell off a blind student who's trying to get their barrings on an area that's new to them, right? What do you smell in the room? Is she on something?

Smell should really be a more common theme, If I'm honest. It's a huge source of info for blind people.

Just try not to think too hard about what you smelt when you walked in on your roommate.
>>
No. 685779 ID: 5b5a1f

How exactly were you blinded? Like, not the whole story, just what specific physical damage was done. I only wonder because some people seem able to tell just by looking at you that you're blind, and other people seemingly can't.
>>
No. 685890 ID: 15a025
File 144859256108.png - (11.24KB , 800x600 , silly tiffany.png )
685890

>You should totally sit in the back of the room, that way no one will notice you.
You decide to sit in the back.
>How exactly were you blinded? Like, not the whole story, just what specific physical damage was done. I only wonder because some people seem able to tell just by looking at you that you're blind, and other people seemingly can't.
They did all kinds of horrible things to you that might have blinded you. It doesn't really help that the room they kept you in was pitch black. The things that could of caused your blindness range from the chemicals splashed on your face to nasty smelling stuff they sprayed all over you to powder being thrown in your face.
>Is there any clear indication that you're blind? Surely no normal teacher is enough of a bitch to tell off a blind student who's trying to get their barrings on an area that's new to them, right?
As far as you're aware, the only way someone can tell if you're blind is the walking stick you use to get around. You use to have some bandages over your eyes for the first few days after the incident, but weren't told as to why you needed them though. Your best friend at the lab Tiffany use to joke with you and say it was actually a big eye patch and that you were going to be delivering a package to some pirates for the next assignment. Thinking about it now though, no one at the lab ever really went into detail on what was wrong with your eyes other than "You've gone blind" and "We're still working on a way to restore your vision."
>>
No. 685891 ID: 15a025
File 144859260698.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , old books.png )
685891

> What do you smell in the room? Is she on something?
You take a few whiffs around the room. You can smell the lovely scent of hundreds of old books all over the room. There's also a lingering scent of freshly sharpened pencils.
"The hell you sniffing so much all the way back there. You better not be snorting some kind of drugs back there!"
You assure the professor you're drug free. They still stomp over to your desk and search you for drugs.
"Alright your clean, for now at least. You better not be catching some damn cold or something, have mercy on anyone who even thinks of skipping this class for even a second. If you need to blow your nose or some crud you'll have to use your own tissues, damn higher ups are so cheap it's a surprise we even get toilet paper in the bathrooms."
In the midst of her rambling you take another good whiff. She smells like she's been swimming in coffee for a good week or two. The smell of coffee on her is so thick, it completely masks her own scent so well you can't even tell what she is. You don't even know how you this scent was able to elude you for this long. After her rant about how cheap this place is she walks away and starts writing something on the board and a bell rings to inform students that they're late for class now. Speaking of which, why are there only like three other students in the class room? It seems like the Professor is confused by this as well.
"Where the hell's the rest of my class? There should be a group of fifteen of you and I only see four. Everyone got lead for legs or something? Oh well. Alright I need everyone to pull out a some paper and proof read the sentences up on the board. Then write down your corrections."
You ask the professor how you're going to do this when you can't see.
"Then move your ass up here in the front of the class where you can! What are you stupid or something? Common sense here people, use it!"
You sigh and explain that you're blind.
"Oh what the hell! Why did no one inform me I was going to have a blind student this year. Now I have to find a way to make braille copies of all your assignments. Well just write up some sentaces for me that show you know how to use similar sounding words properly like it's, their, know, you know words like that."
You nod your head and pull out the typewriter and start carefully clacking away at your paper, hoping you don't mess up and spelling. After that was finished you were assigned to read the first fifty pages out of some book about an old man who's life revolves around fishing and then write about some kind of symbolism you saw so far. Lucky for you the professor had a braille copy in case someone ever needed it.
>>
No. 685892 ID: 15a025
File 144859266346.gif - (9.66KB , 800x600 , ding ding.gif )
685892

Before you knew it class was over. As you were walking out the door your professor apologized for being so pissy with you today and promised to be nicer tomorrow.
Well, what class should y-
A loud voice echoes through the intercom:
"Due to the rapidly dropping temperatures outside and the heaters failing, all classes for the rest of the day are being canceled. All students should return to their dorm rooms at once."
Sweet! You get to leave early. You're not sure what to do with all this extra free time though, any ideas?
>>
No. 685896 ID: ad936f

Invest in a pair of those blind people glasses, or double eye patches, so you can be a double pirate. Attempt to determine if your necklace is really mystical or if you're just schizophrenic. Avoid areas with too few people so that you don't get assassinated. Confront your roommate about stealing your identity to do coke and have one night stands. Alert your superiors that people are after you. Maybe not in that order.
>>
No. 685915 ID: 2ca12e

>>685896
What IS that about? How common is magic? Is your roommate some kind of occult enchanter or can you just pick something like that up at most pawn shops?

>>685892
It's been a few hours. It may be safe to return to your apartment. Or your roommate has a third wheel who's impersonating her now. But answers would be nice.
>>
No. 685917 ID: 86cfc3

>You tell her you're just coming in early so you can familiarize yourself with the classroom and get setup for class today.
>"If there's one thing I hate, it's butt kissers.
Not trying to kiss your butt, lady. Just trying to make sure we find the place. It's not all about you.

>As far as you're aware, the only way someone can tell if you're blind is the walking stick you use to get around.
Usually the fact your eyes don't track gives it away, especially when talking to people.

You could always start rocking the black glasses look if you wanted to make it more obvious.

>Due to the rapidly dropping temperatures outside and the heaters failing, all classes for the rest of the day are being canceled. All students should return to their dorm rooms at once.
Uh, you might want to grab one of spare coats Sybil mentioned before venturing outside again. Probably should resolve to return it later, but if it's closing school cold heading out in a tank top is a terrible idea.

Downside of this is if you're stuck in your dorm, you're stuck with your roomate, and we still don't really know what's up with her.
>>
No. 685967 ID: 15a025
File 144865139117.png - (4.06KB , 800x600 , sexy shades.png )
685967

>Invest in a pair of those blind people glasses, or double eye patches, so you can be a double pirate.
>You could always start rocking the black glasses look if you wanted to make it more obvious.
You laugh a little harder than you should have at the idea of being a "double pirate." Maybe you should have Candy take you down to the dollar store so you can grab some sexy shades or a tough looking eye patch.
>Usually the fact your eyes don't track gives it away, especially when talking to people.
Huh, you never actually thought about.
>>
No. 685969 ID: 15a025
File 144865148569.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , oh so special.png )
685969

>Attempt to determine if your necklace is really mystical or if you're just schizophrenic.
>How common is magic? Is your roommate some kind of occult enchanter or can you just pick something like that up at most pawn shops?
Enchanted stuff isn't rare, but you can't just go out to a store or pawn shop an buy a magic ring or cloak. After the discovery of some enchanted glasses that let someone see through walls back in the early 1900's, the government stepped in and quickly outlawed magic stuff. Later on when a doctor found a magic arm band that could help fix a broken arm in mere minuets, so the government stepped in again and made an exception to allow doctors to use enchanted "equipment" to help patients. How your room mate was able to get you this necklace without taking you to see a doctor and afford it as well is beyond your knowledge.
>you might want to grab one of spare coats Sybil mentioned before venturing outside again. Probably should resolve to return it later, but if it's closing school cold heading out in a tank top is a terrible idea.
Yeah, it was already cold enough outside before, if it's even colder out than earlier now you could end up getting sick, maybe even frost bite. You decide to go visit the clothes closest in the student lounge. When you walk in a familiar voice greets you.
"Hey Rainy what's up coming in to grab a jacket?"
It's your new friend Sybil, you ask what she is doing here.
"I'm trying to rack up some extra volunteer hours today. So they stuck me here to help keep the place tidy and put out any stuff that gets donated."
You ask how she was able to afford missing the first day of classes today.
"I've only got one class on Tuesdays actually. So to balance out the extra free time I get I just do volunteer stuff. Anyway, let's go find you a jacket so you can get out of here and enjoy the snow day."
Sybil guides you around the freezing cold walk in closet and you end up getting what was described as a nice purple parka. It felt so nice and warm when you put it on you could care less about what it looked like. You thank her again for helping you out and walk back out into the noisy student lounge. You wonder if Candy is hidden amongst the large crowd. You take a few whiffs and sure enough, there's that clear smell of peppermints hiding around the thick scent of tasty hot chocolate.
>>
No. 685970 ID: 15a025
File 144865151233.png - (19.01KB , 800x600 , what a jerk.png )
685970

You walk towards the sweet scent of peppermints and candy canes and ask Candy how are things?
"Oh hey Rainy things are going fi- whoa the hell happened to you, someone picking fights with or something?"
You tell Candy that if she thinks you look bad to imagine what the guy who did this to you looks like. Then you explain what actually happened this morning.
"Steve and Trish did this to you! Oh they're are fucking dead. I know a couple guys that'll just love to hear this one."
You ask Candy what she exactly means by that.
"I know a few of the guys who write the college newspaper. How about we go head back to the dorms and go meet them right now?"
You aren't really sure if this is a good idea or not. Should you go with Candy?
>>
No. 685972 ID: ad936f

>>685970
We don't actually know if it was Steve and Trish, it could've been a couple of people trying to frame them. Are they the kind of people to do this kind of thing? Are they dumb enough to loudly and repeatedly use their names while committing assault? We should try to get a recording of their voices to see if they sound the same.
>>
No. 685973 ID: 2ca12e

>>685970
Maybe ask if she's had any run-ins with the police. Wouldn't want to go through another chase scene. If not, sure.
>>
No. 685977 ID: 86cfc3

>your room mate was able to get you this necklace
Yeah, that's the weird thing. Getting you an enchanted item to work around your disability is a big thing. It doesn't fit with the weird way she's been acting recently, and is a reason to give her some benefit of the doubt / chance to explain.

>You aren't really sure if this is a good idea or not. Should you go with Candy?
I think you should tell her you're reluctant to start a smear campaign without a positive ID. Like we're not even 100% sure they were students, and they could have used false names.
>>
No. 685988 ID: 15a025
File 144866322271.png - (22.15KB , 800x600 , mystery couple.png )
685988

>Getting you an enchanted item to work around your disability is a big thing. It doesn't fit with the weird way she's been acting recently, and is a reason to give her some benefit of the doubt / chance to explain.
You honestly would really like to know what the heck is going here with your room mate, just seems like now isn't the right time to find out. Maybe she's just having a really hard time and needs to be alone?
>We don't actually know if it was Steve and Trish, it could've been a couple of people trying to frame them. Are they the kind of people to do this kind of thing? Are they dumb enough to loudly and repeatedly use their names while committing assault?
>I think you should tell her you're reluctant to start a smear campaign without a positive ID. Like we're not even 100% sure they were students, and they could have used false names.
You tell Candy you're a little reluctant about having the a story like this published. For all you know the two that were attacking you could be impersonating Steve and Trish. You ask if this is something those two would even do.
"Never met them in my life. All I know is that whoever those two assholes are they deserve to pay for assaulting you. Lucky for us is there's cameras all over the damn parking and my buddies have permission to look at the footage."
>Maybe ask if she's had any run-ins with the police. Wouldn't want to go through another chase scene. If not, sure.
You ask if she's had any encounters with the cops today.
"Not yet. Think I'm in the green for now. So you want to try and run the story or not?"
>>
No. 685993 ID: 2ca12e

>>685988
>Maybe she's just having a really hard time and needs to be alone?
She has been experimenting with drugs. Emotions run high when you're high.

>So you want to try and run the story or not?
tell her friends to see if they recognize the attackers in the footage. Without names attached to eliminate situational bias. Candy's a youth in trouble with the law; you shouldn't rely on her sense of problem solving too much.
>>
No. 686003 ID: 86cfc3

>Lucky for us is there's cameras all over the damn parking and my buddies have permission to look at the footage.
Oh well, that's a good first step. Someone should look at that footage.

...I really don't think a minor assault is gonna push the school closing storm / cold snap off the front page, though. Bad day for sensationalism.
>>
No. 686153 ID: 15a025
File 144876917115.png - (14.63KB , 800x600 , I didn't know what to draw for this so here&#.png )
686153

>She has been experimenting with drugs. Emotions run high when you're high.
Yeah, another good point. Maybe you could talk it over some lunch or something?
>tell her friends to see if they recognize the attackers in the footage. Without names attached to eliminate situational bias.
>Someone should look at that footage.
You tell Candy you'll go with her to visit her newspaper buddies, but also mention it's not a good idea to tell them any names at first. Helps eliminate situational bias.
"Sweet, let's go get some sweet revenge!"
Candy lifts you up off the ground and charges for the door. Once outside she just keeps on running and running till you get back to the dorms. It took her five minutes to get there in what took you who knows how long. Where on earth does she get all this energy to do stuff from? She even carries you all the way to her friend's dorm room.
"Hey Ron you in there! Do we ever have the scoop for you!"
You hear the creek loudly as it slowly opens. A strong odor of wet fur and cigarette smoke tip toes out as well.
"Candy it's like the first day of school, how is there possibly a scoop for the paper already, and who's your ne friend oh there?"
"That's Rainy, she's blind and two assholes came up and assaulted her in the parking lot today."
"I'm sorry to hear that Rainy. It's a mad world we live in now days. So Candy what's this big scoop you're talking about now?"
"The mystery couple that attacked Rainy, this could be big front paper news right here. Think you could go review the footage to find out who did?"
"Well, I'm not too sure I could put something like this in the paper. It's really only for well, school events and class news. Suppose we could jump on the computer and review the footage though, that way you...r friend can call the cops and have an investigation done."
"Sweet, come on in Rainy, let's find out who did this to you."
Candy, still carrying you walks into Ron's smelly dorm room and sits you down on a chair. You cough from the stench of the smoke that fills the room.
"Hey Ron, where are yo-?"
"Heheh wops, let me go throw a clean pair on. Must have been a little more wild in here last night than I remembered."
You hear Ron get up to go get what you hope is a shirt and not something else. Once he gets back you hear the clicking sounds of an old keyboard.
"About what time did this happen? Knowing would help save me the trouble of watching all 6 hours of the tape looking for the scene."
You tell him it was probably around 8:00 to 8:30 when the attack happened.
"Let's fast forward to then and here we goooooh shit!"
"What, who is it Ron?"
"That's Steve, the star quarterback of our football team. I can't believe he would do this!, and Trisha as well? Oh wait till the coaches hear this one. No way is this flying under the radar. Don't worry Rainy, I'll make sure someone does something about this. You two run on off now, I've got work to get done now."
Ron shoos you and Candy out the room.
"I don't think I've ever seen Ron so angry about something before. Can't wait to hear what he writes about this in the paper! Well hey, got any plans for today? If not, wanna help me go stock up on some food?"
>>
No. 686157 ID: ad936f

Is now a good time to confront your roommate or are we going to keep putting that off? Have we actually confirmed that there are people after you, or is it just a series of coincidences that's given us that impression?
>>
No. 686170 ID: 86cfc3

>Candy lifts you up off the ground and charges for the door.
>She even carries you all the way to her friend's dorm room.
...why does she carry you everywhere? I thought last night it had something to do with the sneaking you into the dorm while pretend drunk, but it seems to be a regular thing for her.

What kind of hold is she even using? I'm trying to imagine what that looks like. (Note to self: turn on the magic visualization thing the next time she runs off carrying you).

>Where on earth does she get all this energy to do stuff from?
Well, guessing from last night's adventure, drugs.

>Well hey, got any plans for today?
All your classes getting cancelled kind of rearranged your plans for the day.

>If not, wanna help me go stock up on some food?
Her place was pretty empty of food before.

>confront roommate
Maybe later in the day, and try to rope Candy in as backup? Might be doable after her shopping.

Don't wanna head back too soon. We don't wanna get there and she's still got a guy over.
>>
No. 686196 ID: 2ca12e

>>686170
>try to rope Candy in as backup?
That sounds pretty good.

>>686153
Cigarette bucket? Scoop? I'm missing something here.

Go with Candy.
>>
No. 686215 ID: ad936f

>>686170
>...why does she carry you everywhere? I thought last night it had something to do with the sneaking you into the dorm while pretend drunk, but it seems to be a regular thing for her.
Because it's more romantic that way.
>>
No. 686401 ID: 15a025
File 144893156485.png - (9.98KB , 800x600 , buy 1 get 1.png )
686401

>...why does she carry you everywhere? I thought last night it had something to do with the sneaking you into the dorm while pretend drunk, but it seems to be a regular thing for her. What kind of hold is she even using?
You aren't exactly sure why she carries you around everywhere? As for the hold it's more like she's giving you piggyback rides. Whatever floats her boat you guess.
>Well, guessing from last night's adventure, drugs.
You think that's probably true. For all you know she could also be guzzling down steroids.
>Have we actually confirmed that there are people after you, or is it just a series of coincidences that's given us that impression?
So far other than what your room mate did last night everything could very well be a series of coincidences. Doesn't hurt to be too safe though.
>Is now a good time to confront your roommate or are we going to keep putting that off?
>Don't wanna head back too soon. We don't wanna get there and she's still got a guy over.
>Maybe later in the day, and try to rope Candy in as backup? Might be doable after her shopping.
Seems like you should wait until after your done shopping with Candy. It'd be really weird if you went back and your room mate still had her date in the room and they were... still doing things.
You tell Candy you'd be delighted to go out and help her shop for food.
"Sweet! Let's hurry up and get going then, would really suck to get stuck in the traffic of people leaving thanks to cancelations and stuff."
Candy lifts you up again and rushes out the door and top speed again. Before you know it the two of you are already in strapped in and the engine is roaring off.
"Hey today's Tuesday right?"
You confirm this to her.
"Ah yeah! That means today's the big sale I'm going to save a ton of cash today! If you find anything you need let me know and I'll grab it for you."
Maybe you'll find some sexy shades. You ask Candy if she finds a pair of sunglasses if she can get them for you.
"Yeah sure no prob, oh look front row parking!"
The car roars and makes a huge sharp turn. It feels like the car was turning on only two wheels.
You hear Candy jump out the car and yet again, she runs up, opens your door, and quickly carries you up to the door piggyback style. As you go in a good question pops into your mind. You ask Candy exactly how are you helping her by being here anyway?
"Your helping me out by letting me use more coupons than I'm allowed to. In other words your adding one more to the head count. If we find some funky sunglasses here I'll pick you up a pair as a thanks."
>>
No. 686402 ID: 15a025
File 144893159271.gif - (20.04KB , 800x600 , trish smash.gif )
686402

Candy, still carrying you piggyback style, slowly goes up and down the sections of the store asking your opinions on what brands of food she should get.
"Hey Rainy what sounds better, Down Beat Cola or Jazz Blasted Soda?"
You open your mouth to answer when someone yells something at the two you from half way across the aisle.
"Oh man is that blind bitch getting a piggyback ride by Little Bo Peep's lost sheep!"
You instantly recognize the voice, it's Trish. You hear her walk up to you and Candy.
"What, you go and hire some bodyguard or something now?"
You gag as Trish's rancid breath barges into your nostrils. It smells like cheap expired beer from some trashy bar with a nasty touch of chewing tobacco trying to hide in the mix.
"I don't know who the hell you think you are or why the fuck your trashing on my buddy up there but you better fuck off but it gets personal. Oh and sweet mother nature your breath is fucking awful lady. Why don't you take a hike down to aisle 3, there's a special on toothbrushes and toothpaste today "
"Okay first off, fuck you my breath is minty as a stick of gum. Second, that blind bitch is coming with me for round two."
Oh come on! You can't even go out and shop with a friend without having things go south! Should you let Candy handle this or should you get down and give her a taste of what Steve had earlier?
>>
No. 686403 ID: fbc59e

...Me thinks she wants round two she gets round two.
World like this one it feels like we're best off handling whatever we can ourselves.
>>
No. 686411 ID: ad936f

Can you stop trying to assault a disabled person and go be a stupid whore somewhere else? You make us look trashier just by talking to us.
Don't bother trying to fight her, the only thing trashier than fighting someone like her is losing a fight with someone like her. No need to sink to her level, her inevitable criminal record is all the revenge you'll need.
>>
No. 686415 ID: 2ca12e

>>686402
She smells and sounds drunk. You could probably just have the store manager kick her out. Otherwise you could call the police. Drunk and disorderly on top of attempted assault of a blind person would probably disarm her worse than you could physically.

Then again, Candy shouldn't be around the police for whatever reason, Calling them on Trish or fighting in public is likely to draw police attention.

Maybe start by asking what she and her boyfriend have against you before your choices start narrowing out?
>>
No. 686458 ID: 3641d4

Man fuck Trish, ignore her and tell Candy she should get some Jazz Blasted Soda.
>>
No. 686477 ID: 88960e

>piggybacks everywhere
Pff. I guess maybe you can get away with that on a college campus.

>what do
Getting involved in a fight in a store is dumb idea. She's gonna get herself thrown out, and probably grabbed by campus police if she's trying to pick fights drunk.

It's good you can defend yourself, but discretion is the better route here. Especially since there will be cameras everywhere in a college store- they don't trust kids not to shoplift.
>>
No. 686494 ID: 15a025
File 144900579020.png - (13.65KB , 800x600 , clean up.png )
686494

>It's good you can defend yourself, but discretion is the better route here. Especially since there will be cameras everywhere in a college store- they don't trust kids not to shoplift.
You aren't at a college store, this is a grocery store downtown. Still, maybe you shouldn't flat out fight back.
>Don't bother trying to fight her, the only thing trashier than fighting someone like her is losing a fight with someone like her. No need to sink to her level, her inevitable criminal record is all the revenge you'll need.
>She smells and sounds drunk. You could probably just have the store manager kick her out. Otherwise you could call the police. Drunk and disorderly on top of attempted assault of a blind person would probably disarm her worse than you could physically. Then again, Candy shouldn't be around the police for whatever reason, Calling them on Trish or fighting in public is likely to draw police attention.
>Maybe start by asking what she and her boyfriend have against you before your choices start narrowing out?
Calling the manager seems like your best bet here. A fight out in public is only just going to cause the cops to come and haul the three of you down to the station. You whisper the plan to make a run for it and find a manager or someone in charge to handle this.
"Ah come on Rainy that's pretty lame. I could totally knock her lights out for you."
You whisper back and remind her that this is out in the public, someone could easily see what's happening and call the cops.
"Well ya coming down here or or what? You yella or som-something? Do I gotta climb up fuzz ball here or something to cha-change your mind?"
"You'll have to catch me in aisle three first beer breath!"
And away the two of you go. Candy rockets off to the checkout lanes and starts asking around for the manager. While the employees are asking around for where the manager is something swishes by your right ear.
"Hey fuzz ball! Fuck you, you ly-lying whore. Make me run all the way down there and not be there! Now you're on my hit list as well!"
Within seconds a loud voice yells out.
"Hey what's going on out here! Which one of you slackers out here is giving the customers wrong directions!"
Must be the manager. Candy walks up and asks them to confirm this.
"Hello ladies, sorry these morons out here don't know what they're doing. What can I help you find today?"
"Oh no, we're not the hot heads yelling about anything. There's this drunk badger lady who keeps chasing us around the store trying to physically assault us. Is it possible that a big strong man like your self could help us out?"
Is...is Candy flirting with the store manager or trying to ask for help?
"Oh those pesky drunks. Hang on a second."
You hear the manager stomp off and a ding come from a loud speaker.
"Security to the front please, we've got a badger disturbing the peace and assaulting customers."
The manager steps back out of where ever he went.
"There, you may now return to peacefully shopping. Anything else I can help you out with today?"
"Nope, thanks for helping out mister. Oh hey Rainy in the midst of running from that crazy badger bitch I swiped some sunglasses of a shelf for you. Anything else you need? If not we're hitting the checkouts and making our way to the next stop.
>>
No. 686507 ID: 86cfc3

>You aren't at a college store, this is a grocery store downtown
I assumed you were still in a college town. Standards tend to be a little different, know thy customer base and all that.

>Is...is Candy flirting with the store manager or trying to ask for help?
Playing to ego, I assume.

>I swiped some sunglasses of a shelf for you
Try em on before getting them.

>anything else you need
Nothing that we're aware of.
>>
No. 686649 ID: 15a025
File 144910682621.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , gym.png )
686649

>Nothing that we're aware of.
You tell Candy there's nothing else you need.
>Try em on before getting them.
They fit.
Candy checks out pretty quickly as do you. She ended up buying $300 worth the food for only $50 after the two of you used all those coupons she had saved up. This time when you leave Candy doesn't charge for her car. Instead she casually strolled out with you still on her back.
"Thanks again for helping me shop for all the food. Now I just need to go drop off a movie I rented and we can head back to the dorms and enjoy the day off."
Candy buckles you in and then leaves to empty out her haul into the trunk and back sit. Something starts buzzing and vibrating in your pocket, it's your phone.
"H-llo Rai-? It's yo-boss."
You ask them to prove it by giving you the secret code
"Tasty leaves make the tea."
You ask what's wrong and how she's able to call your phone.
"Ne-mind -ow I'm call-. We've cau- the guy wh- kidn- you. He's got som- out to get-. Activate th-!"
The call is dropped before you can hear the end of your bosses instructions. Candy comes in and starts up the car.
"Hey Rainy who was that on the phone? You look a little spooked.
You lie and just tell her your boss got hurt pretty bad at work.
"Oh, well I'm sure they'll be fine in the long run."
The engine roars and the tires squeal as the car rushes off to Candy's next stop. All you can think of is what your boss said. From what you can gather, it sounds like they caught the guy who was after the weapon you were suppose to deliver and has someone or something out to get someone or something. Other than that you couldn't really comprehend any of the other stuff she said. Sounds like you might need to get back into shape in case things really fly south. Should you ask Candy about a possible gyms here downtown or at the college?
>>
No. 686747 ID: 3641d4

If you can't bench 100 pounds you better start going to the gym.
>>
No. 686779 ID: 2ca12e

>>686649
I don't know if "som- out to get-" you then a gym may just be a playground of potential accidents for them to rig up for you. Your boss said activate something. Do you have anything your boss gave you that you can activate? Maybe a feature of the cell phone or a gps thing, or a conspicuous button thing?
>>
No. 686780 ID: cd90cb

Never killed anyone to stay in shape. Just make sure Candy's watching your back for shady stuff.
Also, how about an inventory check? Maybe you have something you can activate that the boss needed you to?
>>
No. 686782 ID: 88960e

>"Ne-mind -ow I'm call-. We've cau- the guy wh- kidn- you. He's got som- out to get-. Activate th-!"
Nevermind how I'm calling. We caught the guy who kidnapped you. He's got someone (something?) out to get you. Activate the ____ !

I'd guess he means the chip. Maybe he isn't aware you don't have the rest yet?
>>
No. 687034 ID: 15a025
File 144928655412.png - (24.04KB , 800x600 , inventory of poorly drawn trash.png )
687034

>I don't know if "som- out to get-" you then a gym may just be a playground of potential accidents for them to rig up for you.
Yeah it might actually just be better to stay away from a place full of heavy stuff someone could just drop on you. You decide not to go to the gym.
>I'd guess he means the chip. Maybe he isn't aware you don't have the rest yet?
Yeah, there's probably going to be something really weird or dangerous or both waiting for you in the mail box tomorrow. The car suddenly stops before you can think about it some more.
"Be right back, just gotta run this movie in real quick."
>Also, how about an inventory check?
You currently have your back pack with all your school stuff, a computer chip of some kind, a small knife that's in your sowed up pockets somehow, a wallet with some amount of paper money, some sexy shades, a walking stick, and your emergency contact phone. The car door opens and Candy comes back in.
"Sorry that took so long. What do you say we get back to the dorms now? This snow storm is really getting bad and I don't know how much more of the cold I can take."
You agree, this weather is getting really bad and you are starting to freeze over here. Without another moment's hesitation Candy blasts out of the video store parking lot. After a bit the car starts to feel like it's going slower.
"Rats, the roads are starting to get really slippery. Going to have to slow it down. You look pretty tired Rainy, how about I turn up the heat and you take a nap. It's going to take a good hour to get back to the dorms at this rate."
Should you take a nap while Candy drives you home?
>>
No. 687135 ID: 86cfc3

>some sexy shades
Huh. Kind of abstract or modern art frame shapes there.

>Should you take a nap while Candy drives you home?
Unless you've got anything to talk about. How's Candy's day been? Less exciting than yours, you hope.
>>
No. 687179 ID: 7b65b9

Try getting the knife out of your pocket? The last thing you need is running away from something, the knife rips out of your pocket, and stabs you in the foot.
>>
No. 687184 ID: 15a025
File 144936547290.png - (9.79KB , 800x600 , tea and cookies.png )
687184

>Unless you've got anything to talk about. How's Candy's day been? Less exciting than yours, you hope.
You ask Candy how her days been.
"Eh, just another day. Pretty cool we got a snow day."
>Try getting the knife out of your pocket? The last thing you need is running away from something, the knife rips out of your pocket, and stabs you in the foot.
You fiddle around with your pockets trying to get the knife out. The knife ends up making a hole in your pocket and cuts your arm on the way out.
"Oh crap, Rainy you okay? I'll out a band aid on that when we get back."
You decide to sleep for the rest of the way home. When you wake up there's a strong smell of burning peppermints. You must be in Candy's room and she must be smoking her "homemade drugs."
"Oh sweet you're up. Oh man did Steve and Trish ever get the mud thrown at them in the newspaper today. Want me to read you the article?"
Sure why not.
"Okay so the headline reads: Star Football Player Steve and Head Cheerleader Trish Caught Drinking and Assaulting Blind Student on Campus. Further in it talks about Trish's little attack on us at the market and how they've both be arrested and expelled from the school. Apparently you weren't the only one they've gone after either. Someone's suing Steve for rape as well. Trish is also facing several charges of petty theft from the school stores here. What a bunch of losers, glad to see they're getting what they deserve. Oh hey your room mate came in while you were snoozing looking to talk to you."
You ask what time it is.
"It's like 6:00 P.M. now. Up for finding something to watch on T.V. and having some tea and cookies? The cookies are freshly baked. Made some while you were out."
Holy cow you were out for awhile. Should you stay and hang with Candy or should you go get some answers out of your room mate?"
>>
No. 687198 ID: 2ca12e

>>687184
Inquire about peppermint smokes while eating cookies then go question room mate.

But first marvel in the odd spectacle of the justice system functioning properly pre-homocide. (Though post-rape, apparently. Bummer they were free to even meet you.)
>>
No. 687379 ID: 7b65b9

Stay and have some tea and cookies with Candy, and go to your roomate later.
>>
No. 687380 ID: 15a025
File 144944805122.gif - (31.91KB , 800x600 , you okay pal.gif )
687380

>Inquire about peppermint smokes while eating cookies then go question room mate.
You ask Candy if you could have a cookie. She puffs out some smoke and just hands you two cookies. You take a bite and find that they're peanut butter cookies. Not your favorite flavor of cookies but they still tickle your taste buds. After finishing one of the cookies you ask Candy what she's smoking.
"Just some 'mint cane. It's the same stuff I was smoking at the party last night. I'm starting to run low on energy again and need a mad sugar rush to get through the first all nighter of the week. Going to a party downtown tonight at a dance club after I practice up a song we're going to play in band class next week. If you're still up around 10:00 P.M. you should come with."
You tell her it sounds interesting and that you'll keep in touch. You get up off the couch and head for the door telling Candy you should probably go find out what your room mate wanted. You hear her puff out some more minty smelling smoke followed by a pretty depressing sigh.
"Kay, later."
You walk out the door and head back to your room thinking about how depressed she sounded when you left. Maybe going out to that party might cheer her up.
You arrive at your room and as soon as you walk in very unsettling smells enter your nostrils. Smells like your room mate had an orgy in here or something. Smells of various other drugs linger around in the room as well. You call out and let your room mate know your home.
"Hey, sup Rainy. The hell you been? Parties long over now."
You really don't want to know what happened in here at this party. She smells pretty hammered right now. You ask what she wanted earlier.
"Oh shit. Forgot I was gonna spill the beans to you. Okay so I was like hired to impersonate you cause some guy wants to kill you over a job or something and that'd totally suck. So I kind of found this guy that's out to kill you and stuff and we ended up having sex here like every morning and night while you were still sleeping. We also did a ton of drugs, like bags and bags of drugs. I almost over dosed on a cocaine but he saved me. Then you had to walk in on us this morning and blow my damn cover and he found out I wasn't you anymore. So he like still wants to like take you away or something. Don't worry though, as long as I keep having sex and buying his drugs he said he'll lay off for now. I hope we can marry one day cause he's actually really hot and great in bed. So..uh... a..ny wa...y I'm fe..eling tired no...w. Ni..ght."
You hear her body slam onto the hard wood floor. You're on the verge of panicking here from everything that's going on. Not only is your room mate passed out on the floor from poor life choices, but there's probably loads of drugs all over the dorm room, but also some guy out to kidnap you again.
What on earth are you going to do!
>>
No. 687385 ID: 86cfc3

I. Uh. If you company wanted to hire someone to act as a decoy to protect you, why didn't they tell you that's what they were doing? Why did they put your decoy in the same apartment as you?

>What on earth are you going to do!
Uh. Well, calling the cops is probably out in a room full of drugs and apparently paper thin false identities. Too much fallout.

Okay, first priority: check on your roomate. She's been doing a lot of drugs, and passed out. How bad is she? Best case, you drag her to bed and let her sleep it off. Worst case, you need to call emergency services and get her to a hospital before she ODs.

Also I think you want to call this in as soon as you can. This situation is unraveling, and you could use some support. If she IDed someone who's after you, they should be able to do something about that. (Either remove him from play, or try to figure out who he's working for, or something).
>>
No. 687473 ID: 3641d4

Your whole dorm room could be filled with drugs. Who the fuck cares about your room mate, start snorting everything you can find.
>>
No. 687514 ID: 15a025
File 144952418936.gif - (10.61KB , 800x600 , wii u.gif )
687514

>I. Uh. If you company wanted to hire someone to act as a decoy to protect you, why didn't they tell you that's what they were doing? Why did they put your decoy in the same apartment as you?
Hmm...good point. It could possibly have been another company as well but why?
>Okay, first priority: check on your room mate. She's been doing a lot of drugs, and passed out. How bad is she? Best case, you drag her to bed and let her sleep it off. Worst case, you need to call emergency services and get her to a hospital before she ODs.
You carefully walk around and find her body. You bend down and listen very carefully to her breathing. Her breaths sound very weak and faint. You rip out your emergency phone and call 911.
"What's the problem Rainy?"
You explain to the operator what happened and your room mate needs an ambulance and an EMT quickly.
"An ambulance has already been dispatched to the apartment complex. Are you okay yourself?"
You assure the operator that you're fine and that you can handle things here till the ambulance arrives. The operator hangs up. You sit next to your room mate and monitor their breathing. If things fly south you know how to give CPR.
>Also I think you want to call this in as soon as you can. This situation is unraveling, and you could use some support. If she IDed someone who's after you, they should be able to do something about that. (Either remove him from play, or try to figure out who he's working for, or something).
You hope your room mate will survive long enough to do just that.
A door creeks open and startles you. At first you thought it was the emergency response team but if it was them that door would have been busted open quickly, plus the sound was coming from your room mate's room. Quiet footsteps approach you, it must be the guy from early this morning. Slowly, you pull out your phone and knife. You have to think fast here, should you let this guy get close to you and try stabbing the fool with your knife, call 911 again, or something else? You get the feeling the ambulance won't get here for a few more minutes which maybe more than you have here.
>>
No. 687577 ID: 7b65b9

First ask who the stranger is just in case they aren't actually dangerous, but stay near your room mate. For all you know this stranger could try to kill her so she won't rat him/her out. If the figure doesn't answer, try to fend them off with your cane and knife, but don't kill them if you don't have to, in case you can find something out from them later.
>>
No. 687580 ID: 86cfc3

Um, excuse the terrible pun, just stabbing someone blind is a bad plan. We don't know what he's doing, if you have reason to resort to what might be deadly force, or even that he's who you think he is.
>>
No. 687584 ID: 7b65b9

Also pay very close attention for anything that sounds like a gun being cocked. If you hear that, make a mad dash for whoever it is, and try to be as hard to aim at as you can. Maybe throw the cane at them as a distraction.
>>
No. 687681 ID: 3641d4

First of all, are the lights on? If they are this guy might know you're blind. What normal guy tries to tip toe around a lighted room, specifically in one where it doesn't seem like he has many places to hide. If they aren't on he could be after your room mate. Either way you should try and stand your ground at the least, this guy seems fishy and dangerous.
>>
No. 687731 ID: 15a025
File 144961671225.gif - (11.73KB , 800x600 , rustle.gif )
687731

>First ask who the stranger is just in case they aren't actually dangerous, but stay near your room mate. For all you know this stranger could try to kill her so she won't rat him/her out. If the figure doesn't answer, try to fend them off with your cane and knife, but don't kill them if you don't have to, in case you can find something out from them later. Also pay very close attention for anything that sounds like a gun being cocked. If you hear that, make a mad dash for whoever it is, and try to be as hard to aim at as you can. Maybe throw the cane at them as a distraction.
>Um, excuse the terrible pun, just stabbing someone blind is a bad plan. We don't know what he's doing, if you have reason to resort to what might be deadly force, or even that he's who you think he is.
Calling out and asking a possible killer who he is might not be the best thing to do here, but it's better than just stabbing someone in the dark. You don't have time to think of a better plan. You duck down and call out to the mystery man asking who they are. No reply. You ask again and still get no reply. They start walking up to you but stop for a second, it sounds like they're pulling something out of a bag. The walking resumes after they find whatever it was they were looking for.
>>
No. 687732 ID: 15a025
File 144961679352.gif - (24.35KB , 800x600 , painfully bad(animated) needle injection.gif )
687732

Soon they're standing right above you. You stand up and hold out your knife asking who they are again. The figure grabs your right arm and stabs you it with a painfully sharp needle. He's injecting something into you! You fight and try to resist as you scream in pain, but just can't overcome the strong grip. You lash out with your free arm and stab them with your knife as hard as you can hoping you hit something vital. Their grip on your right arm loosens up and you dash away hoping you can get to the door before they catch you.
Lucky for you the door was still open and you made it out. You start crying out for help as you dash down the hall, but trip over a rug. Getting up is a futile effort, your right arm just isn't cooperating and you're starting to get a strong dizzy feeling. You hear a large group storming down the hallway as well as loud sirens, must be the emergency response team. Some of them stop and pulls the needle out of your arm and start to carry you away on a stretcher. They say something but you can't make it out over the countless sirens blaring. The feeling of exhaustion starts to kick in and you give into it. You feel yourself drifting off into slumber...
End of Chapter 1
>>
No. 687734 ID: 15a025
File 144961717997.png - (13.93KB , 800x600 , Chapter 2.png )
687734

Some unknown amount of time later...
The haze that clouds your mind starts to fizzle away as you awaken and try to get a feel for your surroundings. First thing you notice is your laying down on a soft bed and are covered up with thin feeling blanket. You sniff trying to tell where you might be. The room smells really clean, like someone just got done with the laundry. Thinking about where you are or what happened before you woke up causes your head to hurt. Oh! Maybe the thoughts of the necklace can help you out here. You ask it to help by suggesting a course of action.
>>
No. 687736 ID: 86cfc3

Okay. I don't think your attacker had time to get you away before the ambulance got here. That means you probably haven't been abducted or kidnapped. I can guess at a few possibilities:

1) He just wanted to knock you out so he could get away. (Unlikely)

2) This is a frameup job. He injected you with some kind of hard drug (in addition to a sedative / soporific) so when you were found unconscious in a room full of drugs, the emergency responders would draw the obvious conclusion. Then they have you locked in a hospital / rehab / police station where they can get to you. (most likely)

3) Coordinated operation. If the ambulance was staffed by their people, they could have taken you anywhere after he knocked you out. (less likely)

You're probably in a hospital. Check your situation. Are you restrained at all? In a bed? In a hospital gown?

Hold on, we'll try to get a scan of the room so you can explore it.
>>
No. 687835 ID: 3641d4

Seems like your in a hospital. You should go and mess around with all the medical equipment.
>>
No. 687891 ID: 0461fb

Feel around your bed and check to see if you have pockets. If you do have pockets in your clothes see if there's something in them.
>>
No. 687917 ID: 15a025
File 144970174060.gif - (18.95KB , 800x600 , where did it go.gif )
687917

>I don't think your attacker had time to get you away before the ambulance got here. That means you probably haven't been abducted or kidnapped.
Thinking about it, you do remember being attacked by someone and then getting carried away on a stretcher.
>I can guess at a few possibilities:
1) He just wanted to knock you out so he could get away. (Unlikely)
2) This is a frameup job. He injected you with some kind of hard drug (in addition to a sedative / soporific) so when you were found unconscious in a room full of drugs, the emergency responders would draw the obvious conclusion. Then they have you locked in a hospital / rehab / police station where they can get to you. (most likely)
3) Coordinated operation. If the ambulance was staffed by their people, they could have taken you anywhere after he knocked you out. (less likely)
The second theory does seem to be the most likely. You hope it's a hospital and not a rehab place.
>You're probably in a hospital. Check your situation. Are you restrained at all? In a bed? In a hospital gown?
You aren't restrained. As previously mentioned you're laying down in a bed. Your clothes feel pretty soft like a gown. It's probably a safe bet to say you're at a hospital.
>Feel around your bed and check to see if you have pockets. If you do have pockets in your clothes see if there's something in them.
You shuffle around the bed to find a remote with some buttons, there's some braille on it but it's extremely small and too hard to read. There are also no pockets on the gown.
>Hold on, we'll try to get a scan of the room so you can explore it.
An extremely crude outline of the room flashes into your mind. As soon as it comes in, your head starts ringing and gives you a headache. It hurts a lot and soon the image is lost.
What shall you do now?
>>
No. 687943 ID: 86cfc3

>As soon as it comes in, your head starts ringing and gives you a headache. It hurts a lot and soon the image is lost.
Ouch. That sure sounds like some kind of hangover. Yeah, you were drugged.

...I wonder if they were clever enough to pick something that specifically reacts badly with necklace visions, or if it's just general sensitivity to stimuli.

>You shuffle around the bed to find a remote with some buttons
Either it's the bed adjustment control, or a call button.

>what do
Assuming we're in a hospital, try calling out. Hello? Is anyone there? See if you get a response.

If that doesn't work, try pressing the buttons, see if that brings anyone here.

You're probably not in any shape to go anywhere till the effects of whatever are out of your system, but we can talk to try and gain useful information and/or do damage control. (Maybe if the room was covered in drugs your excuse can be "I'm blind, I didn't mean to walk into that needle).
>>
No. 688055 ID: 15a025
File 144979491537.gif - (4.89KB , 800x600 , lets mess with the bed.gif )
688055

>I wonder if they were clever enough to pick something that specifically reacts badly with necklace visions, or if it's just general sensitivity to stimuli.
You've never heard of a drug or poison that counteracts or reacts to magic before. You might just be really weak from the attack.
>Assuming we're in a hospital, try calling out. Hello? Is anyone there? See if you get a response.
You call out and ask if someone's in the room. No response.
>If that doesn't work, try pressing the buttons, see if that brings anyone here.
You push one of the buttons on the remote and the bed raises slightly, the button next to it lowers the bed down a bit.
>You're probably not in any shape to go anywhere till the effects of whatever are out of your system, but we can talk to try and gain useful information and/or do damage control.
Yeah, you feel like you'd end up falling or something if you tried to get out of bed right now.
Your ears perk up as someone opens the door and walks in.
"Oh Bailey you're finally up you sleepy head."
They sound like your boss. You ask them where this place is.
"Back on base. When I heard what happened I had you air lifted all the way out here."
To be safe you ask your boss to state the secret medical emergency code. She groans and starts singing it.
"Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. Now I'm sure you've got plenty of questions to ask so, start shooting away here sugar cube."
What should you ask?
>>
No. 688073 ID: 86cfc3

>You've never heard of a drug or poison that counteracts or reacts to magic before.
On second thought, if someone had taken you prisoner or knocked you out and wanted to deny you necklace help, it would be way easier to just take it from you.

>What should you ask?
What happened, how long you've been out, what cover story they used.

Did they follow up with your roommate? She apparently made the guy who's after you. Were they the ones who paid her to act as a decoy?
>>
No. 688181 ID: 3641d4

I'm a little confused about your boss's gender. Earlier you mentioned and I quote
>Your boss is pretending to be your uncle. He enrolled you into this college hoping you can find some kind new interest or trade as an apology for that terrible accident out at hunting camp. Can really tell he stayed up all night thinking up that one.
But then later on you start referring to your boss as female from there on:
>To be safe you ask your boss to state the secret medical emergency code. She groans and starts singing it.
Can you clarify on which gender they are or are then just gender-less/both???
>>
No. 688234 ID: 15a025
File 144988679397.png - (11.21KB , 800x600 , really bad decoy though.png )
688234

>Can you clarify on which gender they are or are then just gender-less/both???
Wops, forgot to mention you've got a few people here at the lab you refer to as boss.
>What happened, how long you've been out, what cover story they used. Did they follow up with your roommate? She apparently made the guy who's after you. Were they the ones who paid her to act as a decoy?
You start by asking what happened and how long you’ve been out.
“You’ve been out for a good two days. It’s 9:00 pm on this lovely Thursday night. As for what happened, can’t share the full details of that till yet, you need some rest for this first.”
You ask about how you’re room mate is doing and if we were the ones that hired her as a decoy?
“Your room mate has been sent out to a rehab center out in the country, but other than that she’s doing fi- wait, what’s this about a decoy?”
Sounds like the mystery just got even deeper. Sounds like there’s a third group involved in all this mess.
Now what?
>>
No. 688261 ID: 86cfc3

>wait, what’s this about a decoy?
She was pretending to be me when I wasn't around. Claimed someone was paying her to do it. Somehow she ended up sleeping with / doing drugs with a guy who was after me, don't ask me how that works. But it's a lead you should probably follow.
>>
No. 688417 ID: 15a025
File 144998657347.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , Thanks doc.png )
688417

>She was pretending to be me when I wasn't around. Claimed someone was paying her to do it. Somehow she ended up sleeping with / doing drugs with a guy who was after me, don't ask me how that works. But it's a lead you should probably follow.
You explain to the boss your room mate claimed to be a decoy hired to impersonate you and ended up getting hitch with that guy who was after you.
"Something doesn't add up here though, who else could possibly know about all this? Looks like we're going to have to send someone to interrogate her and start an investigation. Well I need to be going now, Seems like tomorrow is going to be a busier day than I thought it would. Before that though you need to take these pills."
Your boss hands you some pills and a cup of water. You pop the pills in your mouth and chug the water to help them go down easier.
"You should probably hit hay Bailey, you've got a long day ahead of you tomorrow."
You hope the pills clear the hazy feeling in your head as you lay down, say your prayers and try to sleep...
>>
No. 688418 ID: 15a025
File 144998664924.png - (3.48KB , 800x600 , It's log It's log it's big it'.png )
688418

You start dreaming about a time you were hanging out with Candy at her father's camp, walking in the woods.
"Better watch out Candy, I'm coming to tag ya!"
"Only if you can manage to get the lead out of them legs first Bailey!"
"Candy watch out for th-!"
Candy trips over log and lands face first.
"You okay Candy?"
"Yeah I'm fine, just a few scrapes that's all."
"Y..you sure? Your face is all scratched and bleeding a bit, maybe we should head back and get you patched up."
"Nah I'm fine, really. I'm more worried about our stuff in the bag being fine honestly."
"Yeah it would be unfortunate if-"
Something starts shaking and wakes you up.
>>
No. 688419 ID: 15a025
File 144998667404.png - (6.31KB , 800x600 , 1k.png )
688419

"Sorry for the rude awakening there Bailey but, we've got a long day ahead of ourselves. I brought you some pancakes for breakfast. Care for some syrup on them?"
Oh boy! Finally something decent to eat. You say yes to the syrup and scarf down the tasty pancakes.
"Now that you've had some rest and nourishment I think you're ready to hear the bad news. I wish there was a more subtle way to tell you this but that stuff you were injected with was some kind poison we've never seen before. When we got you here to the lab your entire right arm was deformed and just sickly looking. Looked like an entire swamp full of mosquitoes came and sucked all the blood out of it. We had to perform emergency surgery and amputate it."
You ask her how you still have a perfectly fine and working right arm then?
"Here's where things get good or bad and lead into what we're doing today. My sincerest apologizes Bailey, but we had no choice but to equip you with a modified version of the final prototype of that weapon you were originally suppose to deliver last month."
You ask exactly what the weapon is, you were never actually told as a safety measure.
"It's a bionic arm. In its current state all it can really do over a regular arm is lift way more than anyone could imagine. You could easily lift 1,000 pounds with that thing. As we do more research and collect data from your use of it, it'll be able to do more. Speaking of which, why don't we get up and head to the testing facilities and see what you can do with this thing. We can head off to the combat training room or weight room, your pick."
Wow this is a lot to take in here. You really don't know what to say or how to even respond to this. Any thoughts spooky voices?
>>
No. 688424 ID: 2ca12e

>>688419
>all it can really do over a regular arm is lift way more than anyone could imagine. You could easily lift 1,000 pounds with that thing.
They're selling themselves crazy short there. That's insane. I'm pretty sure that much weight would reduce your shoulder bones to powder even if the arm could do it.

But yeah, Go learn to use it. You could probably at least punch people to death and throw things with gauss cannon velocity without ripping whatever the arm's attached to off of you. That's not nothing.
>>
No. 688503 ID: 86cfc3

Geeze. Who's your next of kin or power of attorney, because I'm pretty sure you were too unconscious to agree to that. Unless you already signed something that lets them do that?

>the poison destroyed your arm and forced us to install our prototype cyber arm instead
Putting aside the horror of having your arm melt off, that sounds suspiciously like whoever attacked you knew exactly what they were doing. If they're after this tech, they took measures to make sure it gets out in the open. Much easier to grab it in the field than locked up in a lab.

>more concerns
How come you're not in horrible pain? Even with a prosthetic, you just had fairly large surgery, and phantom limb pain is the least of what you should be experiencing right now. Unless it's wired into your nervous system? But even then, you'd think there would still be an adjustment period (you'd think you'd be heading to physical therapy and rehab, not strength testing). Can you 'feel' your new arm? Move it normally? Does it have a sense of touch?

...if it is hooked up to your nervous system, how long till they have eyes that work this way?

Can you pass for normal with this, or do you have an obviously robot arm now? (And even if it's designed to look normal, the small problem that everyone here is a different animal means any covering would have to be custom tailored to match).

>You could easily lift 1,000 pounds with that thing
Um. An arm is a lever, though. Can your shoulder support 1000 pounds, or the rest of your skeleton for that matter? Unless they're reinforced the system that arm is attached to, you can't use it at full strength without risking seriously hurting yourself. Or um, ripping your arm off at the shoulder.
>>
No. 688594 ID: 7b65b9

I think you should test out how hard you can punch or throw things before it starts to hurt, just so you know your limits.
>>
No. 688603 ID: 15a025
File 145005735372.png - (9.53KB , 800x600 , they use to ride these things for miles.png )
688603

>They're selling themselves crazy short there. That's insane. I'm pretty sure that much weight would reduce your shoulder bones to powder even if the arm could do it.
>But yeah, Go learn to use it. You could probably at least punch people to death and throw things with gauss cannon velocity without ripping whatever the arm's attached to off of you. That's not nothing.
A short image of your new arm braking off from lifting a giant boulder off the ground shudders its way into your mind. You'll try not to overdue the whole power arm thing here.
>Geeze. Who's your next of kin or power of attorney, because I'm pretty sure you were too unconscious to agree to that. Unless you already signed something that lets them do that?
You live pretty much alone here. Your mother still lives in the country but she's pretty sick. As for an attorney you don't have one either. You did have to sign some NDA papers when you got the job and a few other ones about emergency procedures and contact info. There's probably something in there about this.
>Putting aside the horror of having your arm melt off, that sounds suspiciously like whoever attacked you knew exactly what they were doing. If they're after this tech, they took measures to make sure it gets out in the open. Much easier to grab it in the field than locked up in a lab.
Which would also mean your life is possibly in even bigger danger than it was before all this.
>more concerns
>How come you're not in horrible pain? Even with a prosthetic, you just had fairly large surgery, and phantom limb pain is the least of what you should be experiencing right now. Unless it's wired into your nervous system? But even then, you'd think there would still be an adjustment period (you'd think you'd be heading to physical therapy and rehab, not strength testing). Can you 'feel' your new arm? Move it normally? Does it have a sense of touch?
They've probably got you drugged up to keep the pain away, though you've still got some killer headaches going on right now. Your new arm feels and works just as well as the old one did, you're amazed it even has a sense of touch. You ask the boss how this thing is setup on you.
"It was apparently insanely hard to do, but our professional doctors got it hooked up to your nervous system"
You ask why you aren't getting some time to adjust to this big change and getting some rehab and physical therapy.
"Oh honey don't worry you'll get some down time later on today but we really need to make sure this thing is working properly for you in case we need to knock you out and make adjustments on it."
You're a little more worried about this thing ending up being the death of you now. It sounds this thing was under-prepared for the situation.
>>
No. 688604 ID: 15a025
File 145005737439.png - (3.94KB , 800x600 , you dumbbell.png )
688604

>Can you pass for normal with this, or do you have an obviously robot arm now? (And even if it's designed to look normal, the small problem that everyone here is a different animal means any covering would have to be custom tailored to match).
You ask your boss about how this thing looks, is it obvious that it's a robotic arm?
"Nah it looks pretty real actually. Our lead designers stayed up for a good 30 hours re-working this thing into a right arm for a deer."
Well that's a slight relief.
>...if it is hooked up to your nervous system, how long till they have eyes that work this way?
You ask if eyes that work like this could be a reality sometime in your lifespan.
"It's not a long shot but nowhere close to being in our research budget right now. We're easily half a million in the whole from researching in developing this thing and we still don't have a final version to sell off yet. If this thing can kick off, or should I say punch off though, we can start doing research on bionic eyes. Well enough chit chat we gotta get going before that pain medication runs out."
You slowly climb out of the bed as a rush of pain hits your head again, it's starting to feel worse as well. As your boss guides you down the halls you notice your legs are feeling heavy as well, it starts getting hard to walk and you have to slow down.
"Don't worry we're almost there Bailey."
Almost there your butt, it took you another ten minutes to get to the weight room. A sigh of relief comes out as your seated to a chair in the room.
"Here try lifting this dumbbell sitting next to you."
You lift the weight up and start trying to do some bicep curls with it, the weight felt like nothing though and you stop after five reps. You comment on it being way to light.
"Then you realize that thing was a good eighty pounds, congrats Bailey, now try this one here out."
The dumbbell is taken away and a new one is placed on the ground by you. You lift it up again and try a few reps. It still feels incredibly light but your shoulders make an audible crack when you do the first few.
"Nice! That one weighed 160 pounds. How you feel after that one?"
You comment that it felt pretty light but your shoulders are starting hurt after that. You hear the boss writing down something.
"Alright noted, up for trying something heavier or shall we head down to the combat training room?"
You'd honestly like to get back into bed and sleep but that doesn't seem like one of your options here. What do you think spooky people?
>>
No. 688608 ID: ad936f

>>688604
They don't have bionic shoulders worked out yet, don't risk it.
>>
No. 688627 ID: 86cfc3

>up for trying something heavier?
Ask if they've done the math on a maximum safe load. At this point, it seems pretty likely this thing can lift more than your shoulder / body can safely support, if you're careless in how you use it.

What's the power source for this thing? Does it have an internal battery that needs to be charged, or generator that needs to refuel? Or is it pulling the calories it needs from you? (Which makes overusing it potentially dangerous if you can't eat like an Olympic swimmer).

>You'd honestly like to get back into bed and sleep but that doesn't seem like one of your options here. What do you think spooky people?
Uh, bed rest really sounds like the best option, but between the two given, getting some training in how to use this thing safely seems a better idea than lifting until you find the point where you hurt yourself.

Assuming they are offering some kind of training and aren't dumping a woozy and suddenly super-strong girl into a bout.
>>
No. 688722 ID: cd90cb

>What's the power source for this thing? Does it have an internal battery that needs to be charged, or generator that needs to refuel? Or is it pulling the calories it needs from you? (Which makes overusing it potentially dangerous if you can't eat like an Olympic swimmer).
Isn't this thing hooked up to her nervous system? Wouldn't her nerves just power this thing on it's own?
>>
No. 688963 ID: 15a025
File 145021591770.png - (7.71KB , 800x600 , charger.png )
688963

>They don't have bionic shoulders worked out yet, don't risk it.
>Ask if they've done the math on a maximum safe load. At this point, it seems pretty likely this thing can lift more than your shoulder / body can safely support, if you're careless in how you use it.
Yeah better not over do it. You ask just exactly what is the maximum safe load on this thing?
"Honestly, we don't know how much you could safely lift at most with this thing. You're kind of our first real test subject with the arm. All our other tests were done with it wired up to a beefy computer."
>What's the power source for this thing? Does it have an internal battery that needs to be charged, or generator that needs to refuel? Or is it pulling the calories it needs from you? (Which makes overusing it potentially dangerous if you can't eat like an Olympic swimmer).
>Isn't this thing hooked up to her nervous system? Wouldn't her nerves just power this thing on its own?
You ask about how this thing get's the power to operate.
"It's got a specially made charger you'll have to use at home. Not sure how good the battery life will be on it though. If all you do is just the normal day to day activities it should last about three days before needing to be charged up. If you use it more intensely though I'm not sure how long the battery will go. Also in case you were wondering, we were able to make the charger jack pretty small and discrete so no one will really notice it. Just feel around the back of the arm and you should find it."
>Uh, bed rest really sounds like the best option, but between the two given, getting some training in how to use this thing safely seems a better idea than lifting until you find the point where you hurt yourself.
Yeah, you could kill for some rest right now. You ask the boss if you can move training to later in the day.
"It'd be best to get this done with now. As I said earlier we need to make sure the arm works or not now so we don't have to spend more money and time getting you out here again to rework it. Shall we head off to the next room?"
Might as well push on then, you really hope this thing is setup correctly so they don't need to perform an operation or whatever on you to get it fixed up.
Your boss leads you out but stops you at the door, there's someone else standing outside.
"I had a feeling you'd be in here. I've been looking for Bailey all morning and here I find her boss breaking my orders to let the poor thing rest. Why are the two of you in the weight room? Not doing any kind of heavy lifting I hope."
"Oh, uh... Doctor Gene good morning. Why did you have a feeling we'd be in here?"
"Because this prototype was only thing you talked about last night at the board room meeting. Anyway we've got no time to talk, the chief needs to speak with Bailey immediately."
"About what? Why wasn't I informed about this?"
"I'm afraid I don't know, he only told me to go get her."
"Alright then. Bailey you can go leave Doctor Gene, I'm going to head back to the lab run some more numbers on a safe load on that thing."
Your boss walks you out and storms off. Doctor Gene guides you down the hall a bit and then stops.
"Oh I'm sorry Bailey, your legs must be killing you right now from all this running around that moron made you do. Want me to wheel you down to the chief's office? It's pretty far from here."
You're not really sure honestly. It'd feel great to be wheeled around for a bit but at the same time there's no way poor Doctor Gene could push you around in a wheel chair, she's just small bunny after all. What should you do?
>>
No. 688997 ID: 7b65b9

try walking using your arms, that way you give your legs a rest, and test out your arms.
>>
No. 689039 ID: 86cfc3

>Honestly, we don't know how much you could safely lift at most with this thing. You're kind of our first real test subject with the arm. All our other tests were done with it wired up to a beefy computer.
Um, could we get some engineer-y types to do the math? That seems like the kind of thing you want a calculated estimate on, not the kind of thing you want to test to destruction.

(Force and torque loads on an organic system are a little bit of an unusual application, but that kind of modelling is definitely doable).

>It'd feel great to be wheeled around for a bit but at the same time there's no way poor Doctor Gene could push you around in a wheel chair, she's just small bunny after all. What should you do?
Compromise. Use your new tireless arm to turn the wheels on the chair (wheelchair bound people can be self mobile!) while she steers the chair. Just don't go too fast and brake when she says to.
>>
No. 689106 ID: 3641d4

Make the doctor suffer and have them push you around, not like you haven't suffered enough here.
>>
No. 689195 ID: 15a025
File 145030265078.png - (7.35KB , 800x600 , Just a door.png )
689195

>try walking using your arms, that way you give your legs a rest, and test out your arms.
As fun as that sounds you'd probably get yelled at for acting unprofessional here. You'd also probably end up hurting your-self or others as well.
>Compromise. Use your new tireless arm to turn the wheels on the chair (wheelchair bound people can be self mobile!) while she steers the chair. Just don't go too fast and brake when she says to.
Oh duh! Wow, how did you not think about that. You tell Doctor Gene a wheelchair would be nice but you can just push your-self in it.
"Oh Bailey, you're always so considerate. Hang tight for a sec while I go pull one out for you."
A few moments later and the Doctor was back with a wheelchair for you.
"Now be careful with that new arm of yours, wouldn't be fun to end up pushing too hard on accident and end up flying down the hall and into a wall. Trust me, this thing's pretty power sensitive."
You keep that in mind as you just gently push the wheels and end up going nowhere. Screw it, you put more force on the wheels and end flying pretty fast but manage to safely brake.
"I warned ya. Try it again, just relax your right arm and tense the other one up and push."
Easier said than done. After a few more wild bursts down the hall you start to get the hang of it.
"So Bailey, serious question here. Did you do any kind of heavy lifting at all in the weight room?"
You tell her yes, the boss had you lift a 160 pound dumbbell with your new arm.
"Shoot. I ask as our good pal Tiffany is still running some numbers on how much you could safely lift without hurting your-self. You didn't hurt your-self at all did you?, or wait, you wouldn't really know that till later. Forgot you're still on some pretty strong pain meds."
You ask what the chief might want you for.
"Like I said I really don't know. He just sent me to get you. If you want my honest guess it's probably going to involve your thoughts on the arm and what weapons or utilities you'd like added to it."
Hmm... the idea of having some kind of concealed weapons built in your arm sounds pretty sweet. You wonder what would be useful to have?
"Well whatever it is must be important. The chief never calls anyone into his office other than high ranking faculty or criminal scum. Can I get you anything or answer any other questions real quick before I buzz you in? You might be in there for awhile so speak now or forever hold it in."
>>
No. 689206 ID: 86cfc3

>Hmm... the idea of having some kind of concealed weapons built in your arm sounds pretty sweet. You wonder what would be useful to have?
Hmm. Kind of depends on how much room you have in there for additional hardware.

Taser-touch? The ability to knock someone out could be useful, and you've already got a battery on board.

Retractile fingertip tools could be cool. You'll never need to find a screwdriver again if you've got a swiss army knife built in.

Secure USB storage? Somewhere to hide data. (Any data storage should be just that, though, isolated and not connected to any of the on-board electronics, so it can't be used to hack your arm).

Hidden recording device?

For a ranged option, grapple hook / retractile cable?

>I ask as our good pal Tiffany is still running some numbers on how much you could safely lift without hurting your-self
At least someone is being sensible about this!

>Can I get you anything or answer any other questions real quick before I buzz you in?
I can't think of anything. I think we're good for now, thank you.
>>
No. 689298 ID: 3641d4

Do you know anything about the Chief your-self Bailey? What exactly is (s)he species wise? What's their job here at the lab? If not you should ask Dr. Gene. Could be helpful to know before going in.
>>
No. 689356 ID: 15a025
File 145038584145.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , punching bag that looks like tnt.png )
689356

>Do you know anything about the Chief your-self Bailey? What exactly is (s)he species wise? What's their job here at the lab? If not you should ask Dr. Gene. Could be helpful to know before going in.
All you really know about the Chief is he's a polar bear and apparently gets really moody.
>Hmm. Kind of depends on how much room you have in there for additional hardware.
>Taser-touch? The ability to knock someone out could be useful, and you've already got a battery on board.
That does sound pretty cool and seems like the most plausible thing they could add.
>Retractile fingertip tools could be cool. You'll never need to find a screwdriver again if you've got a swiss army knife built in.
Having some fingers in general sounds kind of cool but it could take some getting used to.
>Secure USB storage? Somewhere to hide data. (Any data storage should be just that, though, isolated and not connected to any of the on-board electronics, so it can't be used to hack your arm).
That would make delivering documents a lot easier. You wouldn't have to worry about losing some papers to the wind or end up seeing them burn up in a house fire. Man that night really sucked...
>Hidden recording device?
You defiantly help you out in class when it comes to sneaking out some voice notes.
>For a ranged option, grapple hook / retractile cable?
On paper that sounds like a great idea but you aren't so sure you'd be able to utilize them very well right now.
>Can't think of anything. Think we're good for now, thank you.
You tell Dr. Gene you're fine and that she can buzz you in.
"She's all yours now Chief!"
You hear door slowly open and you wheel in. The door slams shut once you're in the room. It's freezing cold in here!
"Come on in miss Brasshoof. No need to be shy."
You wheel up closer until you end up bumping into a desk or something.
"Help me break the ice here, how do you like your job as being our courier?"
You tell the Chief you've liked it so far, other than that one night it's been pretty interesting.
"Glad to hear that. It's hard to find someone to do all this running around now days. So how are you enjoying your new arm?"
You tell him it feels just like your old one.
"Splendid! Just what we were aiming for."
For being known as a moody guy, the Chief actually sounds like a jolly guy. You ask him what he needed you for.
"Ah, you're the kind who likes to cut to the chase then, very well. I've got a small favor to ask of you that involves are little secret arm. Care to hear me out?"
You tell him sure.
"I need you and Dr. Gene to head way out into to the woods and meet with a buddy of mine out at his cabin. What it is you'll be doing out there you might ask? He's going to help you learn how to fight with that new arm of yours and how to use it properly. In return I'm willing to make sure your poor mother gets the real medical help she needs. I could also start funding research for a cure to her disease."
You ask how long you'd be out in the woods for should you go?
"You'd be out there for 3 weeks. Should you go you'll leave first thing Monday morning."
Wow, a whole month out in the woods? You're not so sure here but it'd be amazing if a cure or something was found for your poor mother. You ask the Chief how this helps him out?
"My pal is pretty good with computers and stuff, he'll be sending data from your arm to us as well as his opinion on it as well. This info can help us start making a final version of the bionic arm or develop some kind of upgrade to the prototype. Sound good?"
Should you go out to the woods and train, spooky people?
>>
No. 689390 ID: 7b65b9

There's going to be an outlet at his cabin to charge your arm, right?I'd say go, but make sure Candy know's you'll be going somewhere, and get something like a doctor's note for school.
>>
No. 689400 ID: 86cfc3

>Having some fingers in general sounds kind of cool but it could take some getting used to.
You... don't have fingers? What, do you have hoof hands? I'd think that would make writing or hand using in general difficult. (Still, regardless of hand shape, small retractable tools would work on the same idea).

>Should you go out to the woods and train, spooky people?
What's the cover story going to be back at the school? You don't want people worrying that you dropped off the face of the earth.

Um, does this training allow for a rehab and recovery period for the arm? So far as you can tell, you're fine now, but you are on a lot of drugs. You might be in worse shape, come daylight.

This cabin isn't out of communication range, is it? If the people after you and/or the arm manage to find you, we want to be able to call for help / backup, not be trapped and cut off. (Maybe you need a sat-phone).

I'd say you should probably accept, though. Learning how to defend yourself and properly use your new arm is a good idea, even before considering the payment he's offering you.
>>
No. 689472 ID: 3641d4

Make mother your proud and go!
>>
No. 689481 ID: 15a025
File 145047106571.png - (9.59KB , 800x600 , Chapter 2 end.png )
689481

>You... don't have fingers? What, do you have hoof hands? I'd think that would make writing or hand using in general difficult. (Still, regardless of hand shape, small retractable tools would work on the same idea).
Do the deer in the spooky people's world have fingers? Man they're so lucky. Having hooves is another reason you just use a typewriter vs writing everything out. You've gone through countless rolls of duct tape through the years trying to pick things up. Thankfully a lot of your stuff has straps that it can be carried by or good old magic magnets work as well.
>There's going to be an outlet at his cabin to charge your arm, right?
That's a really good question, you ask the Chief if the cabin has anywhere you could plug the arm in and charge it.
"Yeah he's got power out there. Just a tip though, you're going to want to charge it overnight. This beast needs a lot of energy to hit a full charge."
>What's the cover story going to be back at the school? You don't want people worrying that you dropped off the face of the earth.
>I'd say go, but make sure Candy know's you'll be going somewhere, and get something like a doctor's note for school.
Another good point. You ask the Chief what your excuse/cover story for school will be.
"Oh yeah, I forgot you were on leave at a college because of that one incident. I personally love a good sob story every now and then. I'll tell your teachers you're in the ER in very critical condition."
What no, you don't want people to start thinking you're going to die or barely live you ask for something more close to the truth.
"Ah have some fun. No? Alright then, how about saying you're in the ER after being saved from a lethal injection? That's pretty close to what actually happened."
Well, it's better than the other one. You agree.
"Any other questions miss Brasshoof?"
>Um, does this training allow for a rehab and recovery period for the arm? So far as you can tell, you're fine now, but you are on a lot of drugs. You might be in worse shape, come daylight.
You ask about a rehab and recovery period during all this as well.
"You sure know how to ask good questions, I like that. Anyway that's partly why Dr. Gene is coming with you."
Well that's a relief.
>I'd say you should probably accept, though. Learning how to defend yourself and properly use your new arm is a good idea, even before considering the payment he's offering you.
Yeah some proper self defense skills seem like they're going to go a long way here. Candy's not around now to save your skin again. You agree to go on the trip.
"Thanks a ton miss Brasshoof! This is really going to help us make the final version of our bionic arm. I'll see you Monday morning, 6 am sharp. Until then rest up and listen do anything Dr. Gene tells you."
A buzzer goes off and Doctor Gene comes in.
"Dr. Gene pack your bags, you and miss Brasshoof here are going on a month log trip to the cabin Monday morning."
"Seriously, you tell me this at almost the last moment? You realize that means dropping everyone's appointments and all research for that time as well? That I've got to pack a month's worth the supplies in a day and a half?"
You hear the Chief slam something on his desk.
"Yeah and I don't want any sass about this. I can easily get someone else to take care of that stuff while you're away.
"Yeah well you're doubling my pay for that month or you can kiss my fuzzy cotton tail goodbye."
"Doubling your pay for an entire month! That's ridicules! Wait, did...did you say you'll quit?"
"I will walk out of this lab right now and never come back. Have fun finding someone else with even half of my experience or skill in this field."
"Shoot, now that's just playing dirty. Very well, I'll double your pay. Now quit wasting time and start getting ready. I've got a lot a schedule re-arranging to do now and you've got a load to start packing."
You and Dr. Gene leave the Chief's office and start heading back to your room.
"Ah man what a lucky break for me here. Doubled pay and a nice quiet trip in the woods for a month. I owe you a big thanks for taking up this favor for the Chief, I've been dying for a vacation for awhile now."
You ask about all the stuff she's got to hand off to someone else now.
"Oh Tiffany and Andr- Tiffany can take care of all this stuff, she's been really wanting to get away from this whole bionic arm project for awhile. Not that this thing isn't important and all but helping out the sick and wounded should be a higher priority for us. Well hey let's get you back into bed, you're going to need a lot of rest for when Monday comes."
Yeah you're getting pretty tired from all this running around and making big plans. You climb out of the wheelchair and roll into bed. Ah does it ever feel good to lay down.
"See you later this evening Bailey. I'm going to bring you over to the therapy room after dinner."
You say thanks and good-bye and start drifting off into a nice slumber.
>>
No. 689519 ID: 86cfc3

>Do the deer in the spooky people's world have fingers?
We're actually descended from apes. I guess I was making invalid assumptions about how anthropomorphized you were.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password