[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 701048)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 145523143298.gif - (13.98KB , 800x600 , 000 Title.gif )
701048 No. 701048 ID: b66b01

In a desert.

Wiki
Patreon
Expand all images
>>
No. 701049 ID: b66b01
File 145523145638.gif - (38.56KB , 800x600 , 001.gif )
701049

The sun is hot. The only sound you can hear is the wind. Before you, some destinations. While you head toward one of them, you try and recall what you are. This sun can make one forget and it would be best not to. You don't know when you'll see a mirror again.

>Choose were you go.
>Choose your appearance. (canine, feline, reptilian, avian, etc.) Note: Your form is humanoid.
>Choose your gender.
>>
No. 701050 ID: 90f3c0

Female armadillo. Head toward the tower on the left.
>>
No. 701051 ID: 15a025

Let's be a cute female raven and head off to that tower thing in the north-west.
>>
No. 701052 ID: 0eaeaf

Male lizardman. Go to the tower.
>>
No. 701062 ID: 2ccbb3

Female Bovine (Minotaur War8!+(#), go to the mountain.
>>
No. 701068 ID: b66b01
File 145523613462.gif - (33.26KB , 800x600 , 002.gif )
701068

Um... That's right, I'm definitely a lady! And how could I miss my Raven beak? I guess the sun really is hot. The tower is obviously the most interesting thing to investigate. And luckily, the door is open!
>>
No. 701069 ID: 2ccbb3

Scan the room and find cover!
>>
No. 701070 ID: b66b01
File 145523618038.gif - (21.13KB , 800x600 , 003.gif )
701070

Mmm. The place looks like it has been abandoned for quite some time. The air is cooler, but not by much. Stairs leads up and some wooden boxes are set next to it. A beetle is hanging out.
>>
No. 701071 ID: ce9fab

Is anyone getting Rust vibes here? And open it
>>
No. 701073 ID: ce9fab

Them* the boxes I mean
>>
No. 701075 ID: 502e6f

Crates are made to be opened. (Literally.)
>>
No. 701077 ID: 02422f

>>701070
Check boxes.
>>
No. 701079 ID: 15a025

Open crates, befriend beetle.
>>
No. 701081 ID: 4201a2

Examine boxes, recruit beetle to party, climb stairs.
>>
No. 701084 ID: b66b01
File 145523772107.gif - (21.03KB , 800x600 , 004.gif )
701084

>Open/Check Crates

Inspecting the crates, I find that they are nailed shut. But I still try to open them. You never know! This time though, the nails hold strong.
>>
No. 701090 ID: 90f3c0

Go up the stairs. You can come back if you find some tools.
>>
No. 701091 ID: 5ad4a7

>>701084
Oh well. Let's just go upstairs then.
>>
No. 701094 ID: 15a025

Go up stairs, take beetle with.
>>
No. 701096 ID: 2ccbb3

Stomp the crate until it breaks.
>>
No. 701099 ID: 02422f

Are you carrying anything besides the clothes on your back?

Ascend the stairs.
>>
No. 701115 ID: b66b01
File 145524123254.gif - (28.51KB , 800x600 , 005.gif )
701115

>Go upstairs

I go upstairs and uuuh... Huh, I thought this place was uninhabited. Smells good though!
>>
No. 701116 ID: 5ad4a7

>>701115
Call out, maybe they're still here.
>>
No. 701117 ID: 502e6f

Well I guess it is a good thing after all we didn't (successfully) start looting stuff. Call (caw?) out to ask if anyone is home.
>>
No. 701119 ID: 2ccbb3

That cauldron looks familiar.

Bottle up some of the liquid, it may help.
>>
No. 701120 ID: 02422f

>>701115
Well hopefully you found a friendly person's home, and not a crazy person's lair.

Don't mess with their stuff, but look at what's cooking.
>>
No. 701151 ID: 397dd3

take a look and see what's in the cauldron, but be careful not to get too close! it might be toxic or something
>>
No. 701207 ID: 3641d4

What's in that pot or bottle by the cauldron?
>>
No. 701318 ID: b66b01
File 145532113845.gif - (28.40KB , 800x600 , 006.gif )
701318

>Are you carrying anything besides the clothes on your back?

I am, but nothing too useful. An apple that got soft and prune-y from being out in the warm for too long, and an empty bottle that used to contain water. I, uh, used to have a dagger too, but I... lostitinthedesert.

>Call/Caw out for someone

I call out to see if anybody is here. No response. I then caw to the best of my ability cause that's just fun. Still no response.
>>
No. 701319 ID: b66b01
File 145532115763.gif - (23.39KB , 800x600 , 007.gif )
701319

>What's in that pot or bottle by the cauldron?

If you mean this, it's a bag or pouch filled with some sort of powder. It's not labeled but the smell kinda stings my nostrils.
>>
No. 701320 ID: b66b01
File 145532117055.gif - (23.91KB , 800x600 , 008.gif )
701320

>Check what's cooking and bottle some up.

Based on the smell and look, seems to me it's a Vegetable Soup. There's a lot of it. Maybe the owner is gonna throw a soup party? I could try and get some in a bottle but I'm not sure the veggie chunks will fit the bottle neck.

Should I put soup in my empty water bottle?
>>
No. 701324 ID: 90f3c0

Sure, take some soup. Then continue up the stairs. You should check out the entire tower and make sure no one is home.
>>
No. 701325 ID: 5ad4a7

Don't steal soup unless you're like, super hungry or thirsty.
Are those sacks of potatoes or something sitting there by the stairs?
>>
No. 701328 ID: 02422f

Don't steal any soup yet. It'll still be here for a while.

There's gotta be someone nearby, to have stoked the fire, and to keep an eye on things so it doesn't burn.

Go up, again.
>>
No. 701329 ID: 15a025

Yeah, we shouldn't be stealing stuff yet. Think there might be something up stairs?
>>
No. 701355 ID: b66b01
File 145532783304.gif - (42.26KB , 800x600 , 009.gif )
701355

>Are those sacks of potatoes or something sitting there by the stairs?

After a quick check, these bags contain various vegetables and one type of fruit spy. And yes, one of these bags do contain potatoes.

>Don't steal, go upstairs

After concluding that taking some soup would equate to stealing, I leave my bottle empty for now.

I go upstairs... Oh!
>>
No. 701358 ID: 02422f

Is that a wizard? I see a spotted robe and a blue pointy hat on the rack. Although I guess the robes might just be sheets.

What are they, a dog?

Not sure if we should wake them, it's kind of rude barging into someone's home and all, even if you did need shelter from the sun.
>>
No. 701365 ID: 5ad4a7

>>701355
Well they're pretty solidly asleep. What kind of person are they?
>>
No. 701382 ID: 15a025

Aww they're so cute. Are they an armadillo?
>>
No. 701621 ID: b66b01
File 145540820742.gif - (42.57KB , 800x600 , 010.gif )
701621

>What is that/Is that an Armadillo?

From what I can tell, this is an indeed an Armadillo. It looks like they're using the thing on top of them like a sheet, but it looks like the spots are actually stars, so I guess it could be a cape? The thing on the rack look like a witch hat...

>Well they're pretty solidly asleep. What kind of person are they?

A tired person?
>>
No. 701645 ID: 8371c4

well you don't want to be creepy by staring at some person while they're sleeping now do you
>>
No. 701649 ID: 5ad4a7

Welllll, you could take a nap or something while you wait for the witch to wake up. If you're quite brave you could try waking her.
>>
No. 701658 ID: b66b01
File 145541579919.gif - (24.14KB , 800x600 , 011.gif )
701658

>Not sure if we should wake them, it's kind of rude barging into someone's home and all/ you don't want to be creepy by staring at some person while they're sleeping now do you

After deciding that it would be rude to wake this person, I do downstairs.

>Welllll, you could take a nap or something while you wait for the witch to wake up. If you're quite brave you could try waking her.

Ooooon the other hand, maybe I could wake them up?..

Otherwise, I can take a nap, or go to another location I saw when I arrived here...

>>701049
>>
No. 701665 ID: 02422f

You could just watch the soup for them and make sure it doesn't burn or boil over till they wake.

You really should only travel the desert in the night. You're much better off waiting here for the day.
>>
No. 701693 ID: 15a025

Take nap.
>>
No. 701704 ID: 1cebc8

Do a little dance
>>
No. 701801 ID: b66b01
File 145546427345.gif - (23.45KB , 800x600 , 012.gif )
701801

>You could just watch the soup for them and make sure it doesn't burn or boil over till they wake.

I check the soup and it does look about done. But looking at the fire closer, it's not a fire at all! It's some sort of solid block, but it's glowing and hot. I wouldn't know how to stop it reall-
>>
No. 701802 ID: b66b01
File 145546428016.gif - (23.94KB , 800x600 , 013.gif )
701802

Dingding! Dingding! Dingding! Dingding! Dingding! Dingding! Dingding! Dingding!

Some kind of bell is ringing upstairs!
>>
No. 701803 ID: 1cebc8

Talk to the guy upstairs.
>>
No. 701816 ID: 02422f

>>701802
Sounds like their alarm clock. They'll probably be coming down in a minute.
>>
No. 701873 ID: b66b01
File 145548293533.gif - (29.05KB , 800x600 , 014.gif )
701873

>Talk to the guy upstairs

I go back upstairs to talk to the armadillo.

Dingding! Dingding! Din- *BAP*
>>
No. 701874 ID: b66b01
File 145548294282.gif - (29.63KB , 800x600 , 015.gif )
701874

Armadillo Lady: *yaAAAAAwn*
>>
No. 701875 ID: b66b01
File 145548294706.gif - (29.77KB , 800x600 , 016.gif )
701875

Raven Lady: Hello!
>>
No. 701876 ID: b66b01
File 145548295585.gif - (30.13KB , 800x600 , 017.gif )
701876

Armadillo Lady: LUUUUUUUUUCCCYYYYYY!!! INTRUDEEEEEEEER!!!!!
>>
No. 701879 ID: 02422f

>>701876
Apologize for the intrusion!

Her tower doesn't have a door to knock on or a doorbell to ring, and when you called out, no one answered.
>>
No. 701884 ID: f6442a

Commence panicked squawking.
>>
No. 701885 ID: 1cebc8

Hug Armadillo seductively
>>
No. 701895 ID: 0ee8aa

Just give a nonchalant hey how's it going.
>>
No. 701902 ID: 5ad4a7

The door was open!
>>
No. 701903 ID: 15a025

Get on the floor and start explaining.
>>
No. 701906 ID: b66b01
File 145548929588.gif - (30.86KB , 800x600 , 018.gif )
701906

>Apologize for the intrusion!

I start to apologized but the Armadillo just continues yelling while conjuring some sort of sphere.

Armadillo Lady: LUCY! GET OVER HERE! THERE'S AN INTRUDER! DO YOUR JOB!

>Commence panicked squawking.

I start to do some panicked squawks, but I try not to make them too loud as to not startled the Armadillo any further, so they come out as croaky peeps.
>>
No. 701907 ID: b66b01
File 145548930058.gif - (30.66KB , 800x600 , 019.gif )
701907

>Just give a nonchalant hey how's it going.

Raven Lady: H-hey, how's it going?

Sphere: *mmmgrOAN* Is there an army?

Armadillo Lady: NO! I TOLD YOU AN INTRUDER!

Sphere: Deal with it yourself then. I'm sleeping.

Armadillo Lady: LUCY!!!
>>
No. 701908 ID: 1cebc8

Begin politely talking about barging into the only building within two miles in the middle of a desert while talking to a glass ball.

Ask about the mountain.
>>
No. 701910 ID: 02422f

Um, should I just go, then? I didn't mean to wake you.
>>
No. 701917 ID: a22f87

uh... I think someone is still at the door so maybe we should go get that while these two argue.
>>
No. 701919 ID: b66b01
File 145549172160.gif - (30.45KB , 800x600 , 020.gif )
701919

Armadillo: LUCY!!! YOU LAZY COW! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOUR HOOVES, YOU'D BE MISTAKEN FOR A SLOTH!

> Ask about the mountain

Raven: Ummm, I'm sorry, but about the mountain...

Armadillo: GRR- Oh? Wait, you're a bird?
>>
No. 701920 ID: b66b01
File 145549172584.gif - (29.97KB , 800x600 , 021.gif )
701920

Armadillo: Uhh, Hello friend! The mountain? BAH, nothing important really. Lucy lives there, so you know it's useless! Welcome to my humble home! The better home!

>Dialogue

Raven: Um, should I just go, then? I didn't mean to wake you.

Armadillo: No no no! Water under the bridge! Stay, stay! Make yourself at home! My soup is ready anyway, want some?
>>
No. 701923 ID: a22f87

well I came up here because I heard a ringing... does that mean anything.
>>
No. 701924 ID: 5ad4a7

>>701920
Um. Yes please.
>>
No. 701925 ID: 15a025

Soup sounds great.
>>
No. 701926 ID: 1cebc8

Who else lives around here? Are there any dungeons to explore?
>>
No. 701927 ID: 02422f

>>701920
What kind of soup is it?
>>
No. 701939 ID: b66b01
File 145549551127.gif - (29.79KB , 800x600 , 022.gif )
701939

>What kind of soup is it?

I've determined earlier that it was a Vegetable Soup.

>Um. Yes please./Soup sounds great.

Raven: Sounds great!

Armadillo: Perfect!
>>
No. 701940 ID: b66b01
File 145549551815.gif - (30.01KB , 800x600 , 023.gif )
701940

>Dialogue

Raven: Who else lives around here? Are there any dungeons to explore?

Armadillo: Don't you worry your pretty little head about it darling! Just make sure you are cozy and ask me if you need anything!

-Downstairs-

Armadillo: Think fast!

Raven: Gah!

A weird greenish bowl materialized itself from thin air and lands in my hands.
>>
No. 701950 ID: 15a025

While enjoying (or not enjoying) the soup you should try to learn more about your new friend here.
>>
No. 701951 ID: 02422f

Introduce yourself, find you her name too.
>>
No. 701964 ID: 1cebc8

Let her taste it first.
>>
No. 701971 ID: 4c29c5

She's acting very strange. Don't eat the soup just yet, and be wary of danger.
>>
No. 701972 ID: 5ad4a7

Why's it green?
>>
No. 702092 ID: b66b01
File 145555542513.gif - (30.24KB , 800x600 , 024.gif )
702092

>Why's it green?

Raven: Uhh, this bowl is a pretty interesting color...

Armadillo: Oh thank you! It's the color of my magic! Well, my neutral one at least.

>Introduce yourself, find out her name too.

Raven: What's your name?

Armadillo: Mmm? Oh, call me Emerald. What about yours?

>Choose name.
>>
No. 702093 ID: 6733b3

YOUR DOOM... My parents were assholes
>>
No. 702094 ID: 02422f

Racheal.
>>
No. 702095 ID: 1cebc8

Mira Gretel
>>
No. 702103 ID: a22f87

Sapphire
>>
No. 702104 ID: 0ee8aa

Raven, my parents are horrifically bad at naming things.
>>
No. 702105 ID: a22f87

>>702104
ok I'll change mine to this, this got me to chuckle

I was >>702103 just incase you didn't feel like looking for it.
>>
No. 702126 ID: f6442a

Myron Pecks.
>>
No. 702161 ID: 15a025

Shavana.
>>
No. 702166 ID: b66b01
File 145557879575.gif - (30.23KB , 800x600 , 025.gif )
702166

>Dialogue/Myron Pecks

Raven: Raven Pecks, my parents are horrifically bad at naming things. They're wizards and they called a magic spell after an actor. That one hedgehog fellow!

Emerald: Oh my, I would never do that!

She then addresses her sphere again, but in a sing-y voice this time, while "magic-ing" soup in my bowl.

Emerald: Lucyyyyyy, The soup is reeeeaaadyyyyyy!
>>
No. 702168 ID: 8371c4

enjoy soup
>>
No. 702175 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702166
So um, what was that earlier about you being a bird? Was she expecting something else?
>>
No. 702188 ID: b66b01
File 145558358462.gif - (29.82KB , 800x600 , 026.gif )
702188

>enjoy soup - Let her taste it first./Don't eat the soup just yet, and be wary of danger.

I almost bring the bowl up to my beak to start drinking it, but I remind myself that I want to wait till she get a taste of the soup before I do. It smells so good though...

>Dialogue

Raven: So um, what was that earlier about me being a bird? Were you expecting something else?

Emerald: YES! I mean, yes. I thought you were-uuh a monster! You know how it is, haha!
>>
No. 702189 ID: f6595e

If I had to guess, she needs a bird for something. Hopefully a one-off task ("fly x to y" or "could I have a few feathers for spell components") rather than a "do xyz for me for the rest of your days"
>>
No. 702192 ID: 15a025

Ask if she wants to go adventuring with you.
>>
No. 702209 ID: b66b01
File 145558680567.gif - (29.72KB , 800x600 , 027.gif )
702209

>Ask if she wants to go adventuring with you.

Raven: So, would you like to join me in my adventures?

Emerald: Oh, no! Adventures are far too unaccommodating! You don't have to go on adventures! Besides, this is no time for adventures. Eat your soup! Relax!
>>
No. 702216 ID: 02422f

Eat already.
>>
No. 702220 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702209
So... who's Lucy?
>>
No. 702223 ID: 15a025

Hurry up and eat your soup before it gets cold.
>>
No. 702232 ID: 6c0e3d

Well she's feeding you and you did scare her. Ask if she needs help with anything so you don't appear to be a poor guest. And o guess ask what she knows of the surrounding area since I have no idea where we are.
>>
No. 702302 ID: 2ccbb3

Slurp soup
Kiss Emerald
Spit soup into Emerald's mouth

Easy.
>>
No. 702445 ID: b66b01
File 145566589463.gif - (29.64KB , 800x600 , 028.gif )
702445

>Dialogue

Raven: So... who's Lucy?

Emerald: Just one of my lazy minions. She doesn't matter! She should be arriving here any minute assuming she doesn't waste her time on her way here like she always does. Actually, you should totally... "meet"... her. Hehehehehehehehe.

She's now cackling to herself.

>Eat soup

I dispel my previous caution and take a sip of the soup. Not bad! It's also not too hot, so I take a bigger gulp! Emerald is also drinking her soup.
>>
No. 702446 ID: b66b01
File 145566589911.gif - (29.60KB , 800x600 , 029.gif )
702446

>Well she's feeding you and you did scare her. Ask if she needs help with anything so you don't appear to be a poor guest. And I guess ask what she knows of the surrounding area since I have no idea where we are.

Raven: I was wondering if I could help you with anything. As an apology to my earlier intrusion. Also can you tell me about the surrounding area? I'm a bit lost

Emerald: Wow, way to use your apology to ask more questions. Didn't think you'd top yourself. Don't worry about earlier, it's fiiiiiine. Don't worry about the surrounding area, it's fiiiiiine. And don't worry about helping me. It'll be fiiiiiiiiine...
>>
No. 702447 ID: 02422f

...you sure are saying fiiiine a lot.

The way she's giggling, the 'meet' and that glare makes me think she's gonna sick Lucy on you. I don't know why she's being mean!
>>
No. 702448 ID: 15a025

I don't think it'll be fiiiine. Be on your guard.
>>
No. 702449 ID: 90f3c0

She's totally planning to eat you because you're a delicious bird. Get the hell out of there.
>>
No. 702474 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702446
...yeah, you should leave. The soup was safe but she's delaying you so that Lucy can arrive and take you out.

Hmm, but how... okay, how about you express curiosity in what's in her pantry. Move to go past her and look inside, but once you've got a clear shot for the door RUN FOR IT.
>>
No. 702543 ID: 38cb3f

feel a sudden pit in your gut

feel sudden urge to leave
>>
No. 702655 ID: b66b01
File 145573245606.gif - (56.46KB , 800x600 , 030.gif )
702655

>I don't think it'll be fiiiine. Be on your guard.

Raven: (:

>The way she's giggling, the 'meet' and that glare makes me think she's gonna sick Lucy on you.

Raven: |:

>She's totally planning to eat you because you're a delicious bird. Get the hell out of there.

Raven: D:

Oh. Oooh nooo! This is terrible! What do I do?!

>okay, how about you express curiosity in what's in her pantry. Move to go past her and look inside, but once you've got a clear shot for the door RUN FOR IT.

Do you mean the thing under the stairs? That's the exit! There's no pantry!
>>
No. 702656 ID: 2ccbb3

>>702655
Begin slobbering disturbingly while staring at Emerald's chest.

Then run for it.
>>
No. 702663 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702655
Uhhhh THROW YOUR SOUP IN HER FACE AND RUN
>>
No. 702664 ID: a22f87

well thank her for the grub, down the rest of the soup, and head on out. If she ask what you're doing say you're just getting a little fresh air and then we can pick somewhere else to wonder to.
>>
No. 702698 ID: 15a025

I'm more worried she's going to make us her slave than eat us. I don't think armadillos even really eat birds in the first place.
>>
No. 702718 ID: b66b01
File 145575379895.gif - (30.09KB , 800x600 , 031.gif )
702718

>Uhhhh THROW YOUR SOUP IN HER FACE AND RUN

I DO THAT.

*THONK*
>>
No. 702719 ID: b66b01
File 145575380334.gif - (29.98KB , 800x600 , 032.gif )
702719

Oops.
>>
No. 702725 ID: 5ad4a7

Well that'll work too. Time to run away.
>>
No. 702727 ID: 7ed9d6

Check if she has pulse, then it's time to use those legs!
>>
No. 702730 ID: b66b01
File 145575625051.gif - (23.94KB , 800x600 , 033.gif )
702730

>Check if she has pulse

I can see her chest raising and lowering. It's subtle.

>Well that'll work too. Time to run away.

Ok. Yeah. Ok.

-Downstairs-

...

Minotaur Lady: ... Who are you?
>>
No. 702731 ID: 15a025

I hope you didn't kill her :'(
>>
No. 702732 ID: 7ed9d6

Oh, huuuuu OH NO! The armadillo lady just collapsed! I was going to find some help! You need to help her!!! and the moment she passes you, keep runing!
>>
No. 702745 ID: b66b01
File 145575872009.gif - (24.01KB , 800x600 , 034.gif )
702745

>The armadillo lady just collapsed! I was going to find some help! You need to help her!!! and the moment she passes you, keep runing!

Raven: The Armadillo lady just collapsed! I was going to find some help! You need to help her!!! Quick!
>>
No. 702746 ID: b66b01
File 145575872647.gif - (83.85KB , 800x600 , 035.gif )
702746

...
...
...

Minotaur Lady: Well that's fun. Come on, let's go back up. Lead the way.

Second part of that plan isn't going well!
>>
No. 702749 ID: f56624

>>702746
Lead the way, and be honest.
You panicked, she was being really shifty and you thought she was going to eat you or something.
>>
No. 702757 ID: 7ed9d6

Its ok, we can make it work, go up with her, but try to stay close to the stair, try to look distressed. She may get close to the witch and you can try scape...
>>
No. 702760 ID: 02422f

I'M SORRY SHE WAS ACTING REALLY SUSPICIOUS SO I PANICKED AND THREW MY SOUP AT HER!
>>
No. 702766 ID: 15a025

Time to be honest. Lying is going to make things worse. (Though at this point can they get any worse for you?)
>>
No. 703006 ID: 3641d4

Woooow. You barged into this lady's house, scare the shit out of her, shows you some nice hospitality, and you decide to knock her out and make a run for it. You should really work on making things right again and help her out.
>>
No. 703039 ID: b66b01
File 145581608399.gif - (31.61KB , 800x600 , 036.gif )
703039

>Be honest

I momentarily try to think of a way to modify my plan to escape, but decide to go the honest route while we go upstairs.

Raven: I- Actually, I kinda panicked and she was acting... really WEIRD AND I THREW MY BOWL AT HER AND KNOCKED HER OUT!

Minotaur Lady: Woah. Nice.
>>
No. 703040 ID: b66b01
File 145581608854.gif - (31.61KB , 800x600 , 037.gif )
703040

Raven: I thought she was going to eat me...

Minotaur Lady: Yeah, that sounds like her.

The Minotaur then grabs me firmly by the shoulder and brings me by her side.
>>
No. 703042 ID: 2a7417

Suplex the minotaur.
>>
No. 703045 ID: 3d2d5f

W-what are you going to do with me?
>>
No. 703049 ID: 5ad4a7

There's an open window upstairs. You're a raven, can you fly? Or at least glide?
>>
No. 703061 ID: b66b01
File 145582455991.gif - (31.58KB , 800x600 , 038.gif )
703061

>Suplex the minotaur.

She's actually holding me in place pretty good. Even if I could move from this position, I don't think I can lift a pile of muscle like she seems to be...

>There's an open window upstairs. You're a raven, can you fly? Or at least glide?

Not really. Some of my ancestors could, but my feathers are too short and my bones are not really hollow...

>Dialogue

Raven: W-what are you going to do with me?

Minotaur Lady: For now, I can't let you leave, and if you're being difficult, I have to incapacitate you. Once the witch wakes up, I'll do to you whatever she ask of me.
>>
No. 703071 ID: 15a025

Initiate small chat to pass the time?
>>
No. 703073 ID: 2ccbb3

MILK THE COW.
>>
No. 703085 ID: 5ad4a7

...say you'll give her an apple if she lets you go.

Actually you should probably ask if the witch is likely to eat you, or if that was just... I don't know, some kind of prank.
>>
No. 703087 ID: 2a7417

Sit obediently in the minotaur's lap.
>>
No. 703089 ID: 3d2d5f

Does she usually eat people? I don't want to be eaten.
>>
No. 703136 ID: df3055

She's obviously putting the moves on you. Blush profusely and tell her you're not that kind of bird!
>>
No. 703543 ID: b66b01
File 145592606257.gif - (31.58KB , 800x600 , 039.gif )
703543

>Initiate small chat to pass the time?

Raven: ... So, uuuuumm...

Minotaur Lady: ...

>...say you'll give her an apple if she lets you go.

Raven: Want an apple? I-I'll give you one if you let me go.

Minotaur Lady: ... Naaaah.

>Does the witch eat people?

Raven: Does Emerald really eat people? I don't want to be eaten...

Minotaur Lady: I've never seen her do it, but honestly, I wouldn't put it past her.

Emerald is coming to...
>>
No. 703544 ID: b66b01
File 145592606861.gif - (35.05KB , 800x600 , 040.gif )
703544

Emerald: RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHTHATGARBAGEBAGFULLOFFEATHERS!!!!!!
>>
No. 703545 ID: b66b01
File 145592607385.gif - (38.14KB , 800x600 , 041.gif )
703545

Emerald: LUCY? LUCY!!!

Lucy's grips on my shoulders gets tighter and she bring me even closer to her.

Emerald: YOU! YOU!!! YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
>>
No. 703546 ID: b66b01
File 145592607986.gif - (38.38KB , 800x600 , 042.gif )
703546

Emerald: You miserable pile of feathers! I would have killed you quick and painless, but now? Ooooohhhh ho ho ho ho ohhhhh! NOW. I WILL HAVE TO THINK OF SOMETHING MUCH WORSE! I have to think of something that will put you in pain for a very long time! Or better yet! I should find a way for you to be tormented even after DEATH! FOR EVER!

Emerald: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
>>
No. 703547 ID: b66b01
File 145592608480.gif - (38.03KB , 800x600 , 043.gif )
703547

Emerald: NNNNNNNGH- LUCY Throw her in the jail! I'm gonna have to do some research! I can't make her pay and regret what horrible things I could have done! I want her to BURN until she MELTS! I want her-
>>
No. 703548 ID: b66b01
File 145592608968.gif - (23.74KB , 800x600 , 044.gif )
703548

Lucy immediately pulls me out of the room while emerald's anger grows distant.

Emerald: -to FREEZE until she SHATTERS! I want her to SUFFER! I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO RECOGNIZE HER WHEN I'M DONE!
>>
No. 703553 ID: 5ad4a7

>>703548
Hoooo boy mistakes were made.

Beg Lucy to let you go.
>>
No. 703559 ID: 02422f

>>703548
...is she always like that?

I mean, geeze, I just didn't want to die.
>>
No. 703561 ID: dafc46

Shi...p Beg Lucy to let you go, she doesn't seem to loyal to the witch... If she refuses... you may try to peck her hand and make a dash to the exit, maybe she is not that fast.
>>
No. 703577 ID: b66b01
File 145592954407.gif - (23.89KB , 800x600 , 045.gif )
703577

>Beg Lucy to let you go.

Raven: Um... Lucy, is it? There's no way you could let me go, right? Please, let me go!

Lucy: ... Sorry, can't do.
>>
No. 703578 ID: b66b01
File 145592954968.gif - (22.33KB , 800x600 , 046.gif )
703578

>Dialogue

Raven: ...is she always like that?

Lucy: ... Yeah, pretty much.

>you may try to peck her hand

... Should I?
>>
No. 703585 ID: 02422f

>Raven: ...is she always like that?
>Lucy: ... Yeah, pretty much.
Why?

>Should I?
I dunno, I'm skeptical you can outrun an annoyed bull if you get free, especially if you're tired from your trek.
>>
No. 703587 ID: f6442a

Why? I see no breadcrumbs.

Hey, uh, she said to throw us in jail, right? She didn't say you had to lock the door behind us... you get what I'm sayin'?
>>
No. 703588 ID: dafc46

> Should I?

Maybe not right now, in the middle of nowhere, but keek ready, if you see somewhere to run or if you get too close to where she is taking you, then go ahead, it's not like it's going to make anything worse...
>>
No. 703593 ID: 5ad4a7

>>703578
Ask why she's doing this. Why is she leading you to your death? What gives her such loyalty?
>>
No. 703605 ID: b66b01
File 145593334159.gif - (22.46KB , 800x600 , 047.gif )
703605

>Why? (Is Emerald like that)

Raven: Why does Emerald act like that?

Lucy: ... I don't know. Some people are like that.
>>
No. 703606 ID: b66b01
File 145593334643.gif - (22.67KB , 800x600 , 048.gif )
703606

>Hey, uh, she said to throw us in jail, right? She didn't say you had to lock the door behind us... you get what I'm sayin'?

Raven: Hey, haha, Emerald said that you should throw me in jail right? Nothing about locking the door behind me? Hehehe...

Lucy: Real funny.

>I'm skeptical you can outrun an annoyed bull if you get free, especially if you're tired from your trek.

I am pretty tired... In all the commotion, I didn't really feel it. But now...
>>
No. 703607 ID: b66b01
File 145593335046.gif - (22.94KB , 800x600 , 049.gif )
703607

>Dialogue

Raven: Why are you doing this? Why are you leading me to my death? What gives you such loyalty?

Lucy: ...

Lucy: ... *sigh* I don't know... I have to.
>>
No. 703610 ID: 5ad4a7

She's being controlled, then? Tell her to snap out of it! If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to!
>>
No. 703615 ID: 02422f

>>703607
Did she put you under a spell?!
>>
No. 703627 ID: b66b01
File 145593568074.gif - (23.67KB , 800x600 , 050.gif )
703627

>Dialogue

Raven: Did she put you under a spell?!

Lucy: No, nothing like that.

>Tell her to snap out of it! If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to!

Raven: Then snap out of it! If you don't want to help that witch, you don't have to!

Lucy: I-... *sigh* I just- I don't know... I have to.
>>
No. 703645 ID: 2ccbb3

Keep pushing the issue! Emerald's not here, you are!
>>
No. 703650 ID: 02422f

Anything else you have to do?
>>
No. 703652 ID: 5ad4a7

What the heck is that you're passing by?
>>
No. 703676 ID: 502e6f

It certainly sounds like she put you under a spell. If you obeyed her for any normal reason you would remember why.
>>
No. 703719 ID: 5ad4a7

...or maybe it's like an employer-employee relationship.

I wonder if you could poach her? Offer to be her new boss? It's a really silly thing to say right now but it's either that or try to escape violently probably.
How averse would you be to pecking out her eyes?
>>
No. 703920 ID: b66b01
File 145601297275.gif - (22.85KB , 800x600 , 051.gif )
703920

>What the heck is that you're passing by?

Looks like an old well.

>Keep pushing the issue!/Dialogue

Raven: It certainly sounds like she put you under a spell. If you obeyed her for any normal reason you would remember why.

Lucy: It's not that I don't remember why, it's just... complicated.
>>
No. 703921 ID: b66b01
File 145601297705.gif - (23.71KB , 800x600 , 052.gif )
703921

>I wonder if you could poach her? Offer to be her new boss? It's a really silly thing to say right now but it's either that or try to escape violently probably.
How averse would you be to pecking out her eyes?

After what happened last time with violence, I'd rather avoid it if I can.

Raven: Ok, how about this? I know it's silly, but how about you work for me instead?

Lucy: What? You don't look like you have money. Besides, it's not really about that either. My payments are pretty much food based.
>>
No. 703949 ID: 02422f

So... you just need to find somewhere else with food?
>>
No. 703960 ID: 5ad4a7

I don't think you're going to be able to reason with her.

Just try to squirm out of her grip and run for it.
>>
No. 703962 ID: 15a025

Just be quiet and start planning a jail break.
>>
No. 704151 ID: b66b01
File 145606970761.gif - (22.81KB , 800x600 , 053.gif )
704151

>Dialogue

Raven: So... you just need to find somewhere else with food?

Lucy: No, that's what I'm saying. It's not about payment since all I get is food. *sigh*
>>
No. 704152 ID: b66b01
File 145606971298.gif - (23.42KB , 800x600 , 054.gif )
704152

>Just try to squirm out of her grip and run for it.

I can feel Lucy is getting frustrated, but so do I. I struggle, but in vain. Lucy is very strong.

Lucy: Hey, knock that off! We can always get there with you unconscious over my shoulder!
>>
No. 704153 ID: b66b01
File 145606971652.gif - (23.16KB , 800x600 , 055.gif )
704153

>Just be quiet and start planning a jail break.

...

Lucy: ... That's more like it.

Note: I "retconned" the color of the mountain. These rocks here indicate that we're arriving at the mountain seen in the first panel.
>>
No. 704202 ID: 02422f

Why do you keep your cells so far away from the tower? Isn't that kind of inconvenient?

Where do you hang out, anyways? I didn't see another bedroom.
>>
No. 704207 ID: 502e6f

Ask if Emerald often murders random strangers. She said herself she was planning to kill us "painlessly" even before the bowl thing.
>>
No. 704289 ID: b66b01
File 145609839826.gif - (24.21KB , 800x600 , 056.gif )
704289

>Dialogue

Raven: Why do you keep your cells so far away from the tower? Isn't that kind of inconvenient? Where do you hang out, anyways? I didn't see another bedroom.

Lucy: Well, like I mentioned before, security is my job. But I live in the mountain. So the cells are in the mountain close to my living area. We'll be like roommates. Whoopee.

That "whoopee" had the least amount of excitement I've ever heard.
>>
No. 704290 ID: b66b01
File 145609840245.gif - (23.01KB , 800x600 , 057.gif )
704290

>Ask if Emerald often murders random strangers.

Raven: Emerald was planning on killing me even before I threw the bowl at her.

Lucy: Man, I wish I was there. For the bowl thing I mean.

Raven: Does Emerald always murders random strangers?

Lucy: Pretty much. She has a lot of immoral projects. Travelers are like guinea pigs when there are no actual guinea pigs around. She also doesn't care about the Guinea Pig Rights Act.
>>
No. 704292 ID: 2ccbb3

Yuh-huh. What are you two waiting for? Some cataclysmic event that will occur in the middle of a desert?
>>
No. 704296 ID: 5ad4a7

It sounds like she doesn't even like Emerald.

So if it's not because she likes the witch, and it's not because she's getting paid... ask if it's some kind of honor thing.
>>
No. 704305 ID: b66b01
File 145610238814.gif - (28.12KB , 800x600 , 058.gif )
704305

>So if it's not because she likes the witch, and it's not because she's getting paid... ask if it's some kind of honor thing.

Raven: So if you're not helping Emerald cause you like her and it's not because you're getting paid, is it some kind of honor thing?

Lucy: ...

It sounds like she's holding herself from saying anything. I can't even feel her breathe. She then makes a weird choked up cough sound and say:

Lucy: *khuh* - We're here...
>>
No. 704309 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704305
...tell her that since you're going to die, it doesn't matter what she says to you. If it makes her feel better you'll listen to her story.
>>
No. 704445 ID: 3641d4

>>704309
This.
>>
No. 704487 ID: b66b01
File 145616288337.gif - (21.45KB , 800x600 , 059.gif )
704487

>...tell her that since you're going to die, it doesn't matter what she says to you. If it makes her feel better you'll listen to her story.

Raven: Lucy, if you need someone to listen to, I'm willing to do it.

Lucy: ... This is ridiculous, you're a prisoner -

Raven: - On my way to my death. You can pretty much tell me anything and no one will know.

Lucy: ...
>>
No. 704573 ID: 02422f

(Switching to reverse psychology):

Oh look, we're here now! I guess you're not gonna say anything, I'll see you on the morning of my execution.
>>
No. 704587 ID: 15a025

So what do we get as a last meal?
>>
No. 704597 ID: 8b65eb

>>704573
my slooooow and very very painful execution...

lets guilt trip her!
>>
No. 704695 ID: 594c18

>>704487
Mmm I think just wait for her to break first. I man, unless she actually seems to be leaving.
>>
No. 704775 ID: b66b01
File 145624737769.gif - (29.24KB , 800x600 , 060.gif )
704775

We enter a room that is surprisingly colder, even with a fire burning in the far back of the room. A bed sits next to it with an ax resting on the wall above it. We pass next to a hole with a natural ramp descending it. I think I see something glowing blue on the walls down there, but I'm not sure.

>Switching to reverse psychology/lets guilt trip her!
>Mmm I think just wait for her to break first. I mean, unless she actually seems to be leaving.

I start thinking of different tactics to get her to open up, but I also want to wait for the right moment. Lucy stays silent while we cross the room...

The only sounds that can be heard are from the fire, the claws on my feet and Lucy's hooves. I particularly notice how gentle the sounds of her hooves are for a Minotaur.

>Dialogue

Raven: ... So what do I get as a last meal?

Lucy: ... I don't know... whatever the witch makes... often it's soup...

She seems lost in thoughts.
>>
No. 704781 ID: 2ccbb3

>>704775
So, how much meat do you think she chops off prisoners? What's the ratio between her personal garden and regular vegetables? How diluted can mind control serum get before it becomes ineffective?
>>
No. 704782 ID: 3d2d5f

Try not to dwell on if she meant "the witch usually makes soup (so it's probably what you'll have for a last meal)" or "the witch usually makes soup for last meals". You're not comfortable with the thought this is a regular occurrence!
>>
No. 704870 ID: b66b01
File 145626912184.gif - (30.81KB , 800x600 , 061.gif )
704870

>Dialogue

Raven: So, how much meat do you think she chops off prisoners? What's the ratio between her personal garden and regular vegetables? How diluted can mind control serum get before it becomes ineffective?

Lucy: Woah, she's the expert in that stuff, not me!

>Try not to dwell on if she meant "the witch usually makes soup (so it's probably what you'll have for a last meal)" or "the witch usually makes soup for last meals". You're not comfortable with the thought this is a regular occurrence!

Ugh, yeah...


We arrive to the jail room. Lucy opens a trap door in the floor.

>Oh look, we're here now! I guess you're not gonna say anything, I'll see you on the morning of my execution./my slooooow and very very painful execution...

Raven: I uh, I guess this is it huh? I'll be gone, just like that. The only ears that will listen to your story!

Lucy looks at me unimpressed and unamused.

Raven: Executed in a very slow and painful manner!

Lucy: ... Actually, I think the witch knows of a way to keep someone alive during and after removing their skin. You might not die soon.

Suddenly my entire body is taken by an uncomfortable tingle. I am way too aware of the presence of my skin and the possibility that it'll be gone...

Lucy: Look, whatever the witch is planning to do to you, it's anyone's guess on how long it'll take for her to actually do it. I just... need some time to think. For now though, you have to go down there.
>>
No. 704873 ID: e958b9

Welp, to late to fight now, just get in there, and after a while start singing something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADIa7IGbfR4
>>
No. 704874 ID: 15a025

Now's our chance, shove her in and scram before she can catch you.
>>
No. 704882 ID: 02422f

Sigh and descend.
>>
No. 704919 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704870
Did she just let go of you? If so, make a run for it.
>>
No. 704947 ID: f56624

>>704874
>>704919
that would end poorly and would serve no other purpose than wasting energy. Be graceful and descend.
>>
No. 705064 ID: 6adc5c

>>704874
>>704919
I agree, do something and get out.
>>
No. 705097 ID: b66b01
File 145633995170.gif - (30.72KB , 800x600 , 062.gif )
705097

>shove her in and scram before she can catch you./ make a run for it.
>that would end poorly and would serve no other purpose than wasting energy. Be graceful and descend.

Before it's too late, I think of things I could do to escape, but eventually realize that it would be best to comply after thinking of actual reasons not to fight back. I don't have the energy to fight back, especially against a Minotaur that I could do nothing to at full strength anyway, nor run. It might be the fatigue talking, but at the very least, I'll be able to rest in the jail cell...

I sit on the edge of the hole and jump down...
>>
No. 705098 ID: b66b01
File 145633995602.gif - (20.85KB , 800x600 , 063.gif )
705098

*Poomf!*

Well that was a cushy-er landing than I expected.

To my surprise, not only was there a pile of thick sheets forming a mattress to soften my fall, but the whole cell seems to be filled with sheets and pillows.
>>
No. 705111 ID: 2ccbb3

>>705098
Those look like clothes.
>>
No. 705115 ID: 15a025

What are those shiny green things to the right?
>>
No. 705127 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705098
Wait until Lucy's stopped watching you before searching under all this stuff.
>>
No. 705136 ID: 02422f

>filled with sheets and pillows
It's made out of all the leftover clothes from everyone they've killed, isn't it.
>>
No. 705143 ID: f56624

>>705098
curl up into a ball for a bit till you hear her leave,
yay, emotional manipulation!
>>
No. 705157 ID: b66b01
File 145635800050.gif - (20.21KB , 800x600 , 064.gif )
705157

*KLANG*

>Those look like clothes./It's made out of all the leftover clothes from everyone they've killed, isn't it.

A chill runs through your spine as you come to the dreadful realization that these must be clothes from previou- Wait no. Looking at these closely, they are definitely sheets or sheet shape things and pillows. Some might have been made from living things, but they look too big to be from anything sentient. Some of it looks knitted and a pillow is using a potato bag as a pillow case. That's probably the lesser pillow.

*CLOP, clop, CLOP, clop...*

>Wait until Lucy's stopped watching you before searching under all this stuff.
>What are those shiny green things to the right?

I wait a little before I start looking around.

*poom*

That sounded like the door closing.
>>
No. 705158 ID: b66b01
File 145635800437.gif - (20.29KB , 800x600 , 065.gif )
705158

!!!

It moved! The green thing! It moved!
>>
No. 705161 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705158
Uhhhh, hello? Fellow prisoner?
>>
No. 705162 ID: 15a025

Greetings strange green thing!
>>
No. 705172 ID: e958b9

Defence Pattern Alpha!!! That' getting into the furthest corner, crouch a little and cover your head. You don't know what/who could that be
>>
No. 705176 ID: b66b01
File 145635964890.gif - (20.50KB , 800x600 , 066.gif )
705176

>Dialogue

Raven: Uhhhh, hello? Greetings strange green thing!

Lizard Dude: Hey! Who you calling strange?
>>
No. 705179 ID: 15a025

Ask why he's here?
>>
No. 705191 ID: b66b01
File 145636257988.gif - (20.70KB , 800x600 , 067.gif )
705191

>Ask why he's here?

Raven: Why are you here?

Lizard dude: I think I get too close to this place. Is all I know.
>>
No. 705196 ID: 02422f

>>705191
Ask how long he's been down here, and if he knows a way out. If he's been down here a while, ask what he's been doing for food.

Half seriously consider to yourself the possibility of sleeping with him. I mean if you're really about to be executed anyways, might as well enjoy one last night.
>>
No. 705197 ID: 15a025

Does he know a way out?
>>
No. 705201 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705191
Hmm, where is he from? Sounds like an accent.
>>
No. 705215 ID: b66b01
File 145636525504.gif - (21.07KB , 800x600 , 068.gif )
705215

>Ask how long he's been down here, and if he knows a way out.

Raven: How long have you been here?

Lizard Dude: Some days. Maybe couple of weeks.

Raven: Have you figured out a way to get out of here?

Lizard Dude: How was my hiding spot? Good, no?

>If he's been down here a while, ask what he's been doing for food.

Raven: What did you do for food?

Lizard Dude: Cow lady lowers basket in here. Will usually give soup. What's your name?

>Hmm, where is he from? Sounds like an accent.

Raven: You have an interesting way of talking! Where are you from?

Lizard Dude: From small village very west of here. Why are you here?

>Half seriously consider to yourself the possibility of sleeping with him. I mean if you're really about to be executed anyways, might as well enjoy one last night.

I never thought of that subject in the context of my impending death before. But just like that, I would assume that trying to find a way to survive would be a better use of my time than having sex with a random dude I just met in a jail cell. Doing so would imply that I already gave up and I would prefer to attempt to extend the possibilities of having sex for years to come before I die, rather than a short term quick fix. I would even like to meet someone if that's possible...

Too serious?
>>
No. 705218 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705215
Name? uhh we never picked one, and one wasn't revealed, so I'm guessing we're picking one now.

Gloria.
>>
No. 705220 ID: b66b01

>>705218

A name was chosen before. It just went from "Raven Lady" to "Raven Pecks". And I've been using "Raven" for short.

>>702166
>>
No. 705223 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705220
Oh okay.

>>705215
Introduce yourself, then. We've been rude!
>>
No. 705236 ID: 02422f

>>705215
Answer some of his questions. Who you are, where you're from, that you're down here cause you made the witch mad so they locked you up. (And are going to kill you. Well, hopefully not).
>>
No. 705332 ID: 3641d4

Introduce yourself and tell him of your horrible travels.
>>
No. 705370 ID: b66b01
File 145642075220.gif - (20.80KB , 800x600 , 069.gif )
705370

>Introduce yourself, then. We've been rude!/Introduce yourself and tell him of your horrible travels.
>Answer some of his questions. Who you are, where you're from, that you're down here cause you made the witch mad so they locked you up.

Raven: My name is Raven Pecks. I got locked up in here because I threw a bowl in the face of the witch and made her mad. I might die soon.

Lizard Dude: ... You must be quite the warrior. I didn't do single scratch on her. You can handle the bull, yes?
>>
No. 705401 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705370
Uhhhh, no? She's really strong.
How did he try to attach the witch?
>>
No. 705425 ID: 02422f

I'm not that great a warrior, the witch was really easy to knock out. I mean, it was soup. And she was asleep when I got here. I could have smothered her with her own pillow if I was so inclined. She's not that tough, just crazy.

...it's that she has the minotaur on her side that's a problem, yes. I can't really fight back against that.
>>
No. 705427 ID: b66b01
File 145644137427.gif - (20.70KB , 800x600 , 070.gif )
705427

>Uhhhh, no? She's really strong. How did he try to attach the witch?

Raven: "No, Lucy is like a stone wall to me. I could never make her budge..."

Lizard Dude: "Who? The bull? Didn't know she had a name..."

Raven: "How did you try to attack the witch?"

Lizard dude: "I sneaked in and saw her doing something magic. Isolated here and magic? Up to no good. I attacked but luck was not with me. Before I could get close, she shot a spell at me. I woke up carried by cow lady."
>>
No. 705428 ID: b66b01
File 145644138032.gif - (21.54KB , 800x600 , 071.gif )
705428

Suddenly, fatigue hits me yet again, harder then before. At this moment, this Lizard fellow stands up, looks at me for a moment, then say:

Lizard Dude: "Could I stand on your shoulders? Do you have the strength, warrior?"
>>
No. 705431 ID: 15a025

We've toughed it out so far. Maybe he's on to something. Let him try whatever it is he's going for.
>>
No. 705434 ID: 02422f

Try. If you're gonna escape, might as well do it at night.
>>
No. 705441 ID: b66b01
File 145644466155.gif - (21.09KB , 800x600 , 072.gif )
705441

>Dialogue

Raven: "I'm not that great a warrior, the witch was really easy to knock out. I mean, it was soup. And she was asleep when I got here. I could have smothered her with her own pillow if I was so inclined. She's not that tough, just crazy.

...it's that she has the Minotaur on her side that's a problem, yes. I can't really fight back against that."

Lizard dude: ... It's tricky, but I could try take care of her too. Even giants have jugulars... If what you say about the witch is true, she should be no problem under normal circumstances. If I face her again..."

>Let him try whatever it is he's going for./Try. If you're gonna escape, might as well do it at night.

Raven: "You could try standing on my shoulders. I think I could menage if try extra hard. You don't plan on staying up there too long?"

Lizard Dude: "Shouldn't. Here's the thing: I have this. Don't ask, I have to keep some secrets of my trade."

He shows me a thin piece of metal, maybe 2 or 3 inches long.

Lizard Dude: "I've had no luck reaching the trapdoor, but got close. I hope I'll reach from your boost, jumping from you. I pick the lock, give you ladder. Once we're out, I'll find my gear. After that, I might try to find the other prisoner. Depends on situation, I might just leave. You do what you want. Good plan, yes?"
>>
No. 705445 ID: 15a025

Who is this other prisoner he speaks off?
>>
No. 705461 ID: b66b01
File 145644724605.gif - (21.18KB , 800x600 , 073.gif )
705461

>Who is this other prisoner he speaks off?

Raven: "Another prisoner? I didn't know there were anyone else! Then again, I didn't know you were here until I was thrown here..."

Lizard Dude: "Almost every night, I can hear her cry. I think she's here longer than me and she's sounds fragile. She's no fighter. Might be royalty with reward."
>>
No. 705467 ID: 02422f

>crying
...I wonder if it was the minotaur. She seemed unhappy about something, and couldn't really explain herself.

>Good plan, yes?
It's a better plan than waiting here. Let's see if we can get out.
>>
No. 705496 ID: 5ad4a7

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Lucy. Tell him that you want to wait for a little while. You still have something to talk to Lucy about and she told you that you wouldn't be dying anytime soon.

Also you're very tired so if he wants your help with the prison break you need rest.
>>
No. 705507 ID: 15a025

A five minute snooze sounds great.
>>
No. 705613 ID: b66b01
File 145650081867.gif - (21.06KB , 800x600 , 074.gif )
705613

>...I wonder if it was the minotaur. She seemed unhappy about something, and couldn't really explain herself./Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Lucy.

Aww.

>Tell him that you want to wait for a little while. You still have something to talk to Lucy about and she told you that you wouldn't be dying anytime soon. Also you're very tired so if he wants your help with the prison break you need rest.

Raven: Is it ok if we postpone the break out? I still have something to talk to with Lucy. Also I'm very tired and would need rest.

Lizard dude: ... The cow has feelings? Nevertheless, it is fine. Resting is important.

The lizard folk then goes back to his pillow fort.
>>
No. 705614 ID: b66b01
File 145650082471.gif - (20.18KB , 800x600 , 075.gif )
705614

I find a spot to sleep and lie down. Anything else I should do before I doze off?
>>
No. 705615 ID: b66b01

>>705613
Oops, forgot something in the dialogue. Just roll with it.
>>
No. 705673 ID: b66b01
File 145652346128.gif - (14.51KB , 800x600 , 076.gif )
705673

With nothing else to think about for now, I rest.
>>
No. 705674 ID: b66b01
File 145652349357.gif - (49.65KB , 800x600 , 077.gif )
705674

...
>>
No. 705704 ID: 02422f

>>705674
Sleep tight, don't let the witches bite.
>>
No. 705705 ID: b66b01
File 145652755304.gif - (20.34KB , 800x600 , 078.gif )
705705

Umm... Little bird, wake up. Little bird?

A quiet voice from above wakes me up.
>>
No. 705711 ID: f56624

>>705705
"huh? hello?"
>>
No. 705714 ID: 02422f

>>705705
Um, hello? Who's there?
>>
No. 705728 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705705
Is that Lucy?
>>
No. 705730 ID: b66b01
File 145652964667.gif - (20.89KB , 800x600 , 079.gif )
705730

>Dialogue

Raven: "huh? hello? Who's there?"

Lucy: "Oh!... It's me, Lucy..."

*KLANG*

*klink*

Lucy: "Y-you can come up. If the lizard tries to come up, let him know I'll knock him out."

Lizard Dude: "I can hear you."
>>
No. 705740 ID: f56624

>>705730
"um. Ok?"
>climb that contraption
>>
No. 705743 ID: 15a025

Weird dream. Anyway, let's climb the ladder.
>>
No. 705745 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705730
...she's not bringing you to the witch yet, is she?
>>
No. 705754 ID: b66b01
File 145653323687.gif - (29.60KB , 800x600 , 080.gif )
705754

>climb that contraption/let's climb the ladder

I climb the ladder. At the top, Lucy gives me her hand to help me up. But once I take hold of her hand, she doesn't move. She looks at me with a stern expression and say:

Lucy: "You're not gonna try to run, are you?"
>>
No. 705758 ID: 02422f

>"You're not gonna try to run, are you?"
Are you leading me to my death or off for torture, yet?
>>
No. 705768 ID: 45f8b9

>>705754
"you're more fit than I am and know the area better, no real point."
>>
No. 705774 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705754
That depends on what's about to happen, Lucy. Are we talking or are we dying?
>>
No. 705805 ID: b66b01
File 145654121260.gif - (29.94KB , 800x600 , 081.gif )
705805

>...she's not bringing you to the witch yet, is she?/Are you leading me to my death or off for torture, yet?

Raven: "Is- Is it time for me to see the witch yet?"

Lucy: "No, I haven't seen her since last time"

Raven: So you're not leading me to my death or off for torture?

Lucy: "No- *sigh*"

Lucy has a pained expression, She looks like she's mentally debating about something...

>Dialogue

Raven: "Actually, you're more fit than I am and know the area better, no real point for me to try escaping."

Lucy: "... I guess that's better. I'm not too thrilled about talking to anyone about my... situation. Don't make me regret it."

Lucy helps me up.
>>
No. 705806 ID: b66b01
File 145654121697.gif - (30.82KB , 800x600 , 082.gif )
705806

She then leads me to her room after closing the cell behind us.

Lucy: "You can sit on my bed if you want..."

...

Lucy: "... I don't really know what to say..."
>>
No. 705807 ID: f56624

>>705806
"Start at the beginning? I assume there's a story here."
>>
No. 705809 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705806
Sit. Ask how she met the witch.
>>
No. 705812 ID: 15a025

Act like a child who's excited for a bed time story.
>>
No. 705816 ID: 8371c4

sit on bed smoothly
>>
No. 705834 ID: f6595e

Yeah, sit on the bed; it may put her a bit more at ease. Probably just stay quiet and wait for her to start talking.
>>
No. 705835 ID: f6595e
File 145655011282.png - (16.92KB , 800x600 , 2frame-dream1.png )
705835

Also, for people who didn't catch it, the blackness had two dim frames in it. I've increased the brightness and contrast.

Frame 1.

>>
No. 705836 ID: f6595e
File 145655013983.png - (10.91KB , 800x600 , 2frame-dream2.png )
705836

Frame 2.
>>
No. 705837 ID: f6595e

Sorry for the quadruple post, but do my two images show up properly spoilered for everybody else? They're not spoilered for me here, on the thread itself, but they ARE when I see them from the main /kusaba/quest page.
>>
No. 705848 ID: 91cfcf

>>705837
Yeah, that's how spoiler images work now.
>>
No. 705849 ID: f6595e

>>705848
Er...how's how they work, now, exactly? I tested it out on a thread in /moo, but the images I spoilered looked spoilered, both from the thread and from /moo. (As opposed to how it seems to be working here.)
>>
No. 705865 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705849
They only work like that in /quest/. It's like that because of a... complicated situation.
>>
No. 705918 ID: f6442a

>>705865
That's a helpful explanation. (See >>/meep/27466 for the whole funfair on this topic.)
>>
No. 705920 ID: f6442a

How about you both sit? There's plenty of room there. *pat pat*
>>
No. 706117 ID: b66b01
File 145670445577.gif - (29.95KB , 800x600 , 083.gif )
706117

>Act like a child who's excited for a bed time story.
>Dialogue

Raven: "Start at the beginning? I assume there's a story here. How did you meet the witch?"

Lucy: "Yeah, ok..."
>>
No. 706118 ID: b66b01
File 145670446422.gif - (49.66KB , 800x600 , 084.gif )
706118

Some years ago, I left my tribe to explore the world. It's something I felt like I needed to do, and luckily, some tribe members wanted to send some of us out to find some knowledge of the outside world to bring back to my tribe. Most of the elders didn't think it was needed, but most of us younger Minotaur knew that it was the best option, to strengthen us. Being one of the most proficient in wielding an ax, I was one of the few to be even allowed to leave.
>>
No. 706119 ID: b66b01
File 145670447106.gif - (66.78KB , 800x600 , 085.gif )
706119

The problem was that we all had to learn how to survive the outside world on our own. If we'd get in a fight, it was no problem, but everything else, from talking to people to new wildernesses, we needed to adapt. I don't know how everyone fared off, but I struggled with social interaction. I'm used to my own tribe, but people just get offended by anything everywhere else. I got better at other stuff, but that just ensured that I get overconfident. I tried crossing the desert unprepared.
>>
No. 706120 ID: b66b01
File 145670448475.gif - (16.42KB , 800x600 , 086.gif )
706120

I walked what felt like weeks, but couldn't find anything, not even an edge of the desert. I was lost and tired and finally gave up. But not long after I collapsed, the witch found me.

She brought me to the tower and nursed me back to health, saving my life. I decided that since I couldn't leave the desert, I could stay with her and return the help in some way.
>>
No. 706121 ID: b66b01
File 145670450132.gif - (22.12KB , 800x600 , 087.gif )
706121

What I didn't expect though is that she started acting weird anytime someone else would show up. She would get aggressive and start ordering me around. I didn't know what to do so I just complied. She saved my life and I promised myself I would help her... But the ways- The things I had to do. I was taught to defend myself and to even fight in a war, but I wasn't- the people that would come here, they were never fighters or bad. They cowered and plead. The witch started to treat me worst and worst, even when no one was around
>>
No. 706122 ID: b66b01
File 145670451142.gif - (53.32KB , 800x600 , 088.gif )
706122

... Now I don't know. It still feels bad, but it doesn't bother me as much. I feel like I should do something but... I can't- I don't know how to stop that witch. I can't just kill her. I can't just kill her. I still feel like I didn't fulfilled my promise. I don't know if it matters but it's still feels wrong. I don't know any alternative other than her death to stop her. I can't leave or I'll get lost again and- Maybe I deserve to die. I-
>>
No. 706123 ID: b66b01
File 145670451848.gif - (29.70KB , 800x600 , 089.gif )
706123

She turns away from me and covers her face for a moment.

Lucy: "... I- I don't know why she saved me or why she keeps me around. But I guess that's a version of my story..."
>>
No. 706126 ID: 15a025

Give her a moral support pat on the back.
>>
No. 706127 ID: 2ccbb3

"You can't just obey her every whim. She's sick in the head, she may need help. In fact, why are you two still here?"
>>
No. 706128 ID: 02422f

Maybe... she saved your life, and now you have to save her from herself.
>>
No. 706134 ID: 343b23

Ask her why she saved you. Her answer might change things.
>>
No. 706143 ID: f56624

>>706123
Damn, that's rough.
I might be biased here, but it does sound like you need to have a good talk with her about what's going on.
Just uh, be wary when you do, what with the psychotic murderlust thing.
>>
No. 706151 ID: 5ad4a7

Has it crossed her mind that maybe the witch saved her simply because she's strong, and can overpower anyone else who comes by? Is she sure she's not just being used?
>>
No. 706325 ID: 8371c4

comfort her with hug or something
>>
No. 706330 ID: b66b01
File 145679331854.gif - (29.94KB , 800x600 , 090.gif )
706330

Heads up. Apparently I'm dumb so in further suggestions, specify who you are talking about. Cause there's a couple of suggestion that I decided to skip this time since the suggester used the word "she" to talk about certain characters. And I apparently can't take cues to figure out who "she" was in those context. So if I skip a suggestion that was good, that could be why. And all you really have to do is reread your comment and ask yourself if there can be confusion and, if so, the name of the character in parentheses next to pronouns will do. If you don't, it's not that big of a deal, there will just be more chances that I skip the suggestion that way to avoid having Raven do something that wasn't asked. Maybe I should, but I don't assume that other peoples opinion and perspective on characters are the same as my own.

>Give her a moral support pat on the back.
>"You can't just obey her every whim. She's sick in the head, she may need help.-
>Maybe... she saved your life, and now you have to save her from herself.

Raven: "There there, it's ok. But you shouldn't obey her every whim. Emerald is sick in the head, she may need help. Maybe... She saved your life, and now you have to save her from herself."

Lucy: "But I don't know what to do. I didn't know what to do. It started with small things at first but crept up to worst things as time went by. I wasn't sure how much I need to do to do something in the same level that she helped me. She saved my life! I wanted to repay her for that, but now I feel like she doesn't deserver it, but I can't just leave either. Not only it goes against how I was taught, but I would never survive in the desert..."

>-In fact, why are you two still here?"

Raven: "Why are you two in the desert anyway? Emerald never showed interest in leaving this place?"

Lucy: "... I don't know if I should say this, since you're suppose to be a prisoner and all, but the witch lives here, and... This is also where she does all her 'experiments'..."

>Has it crossed her mind that maybe the witch saved her simply because she's strong, and can overpower anyone else who comes by? Is she sure she's not just being used?

Raven: "I mean, I think it's obvious why she keeps you around. You're strong and can overpower anyone who come by. She using you as muscle."

Lucy: "She doesn't need anyone to do that..."
>>
No. 706332 ID: 343b23

Tell lucy to ask the witch why the witch saved lucy.
>>
No. 706333 ID: 343b23

Also ask lucy if she thinks the witch was insane from the beginning and was just hiding it or if the witch was an alright person and then went insane.
>>
No. 706334 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706330
...then maybe the witch's experiments drove her mad. Maybe what we have to do is cure her insanity. Ask Lucy if the witch keeps her notes anywhere Lucy can get to. Or a diary? We have to investigate.
>>
No. 706343 ID: 15a025

Ask Lucy if she knows about any notes the witch might be keeping.
>>
No. 706344 ID: 02422f

Raven to Lucy:

Silly question maybe, but have you tried talking to her [the witch] about how you feel?
>>
No. 706348 ID: 5ad4a7

Oooohhhh, maybe Emerald is possessed by a demon!
>>
No. 706351 ID: b66b01
File 145679659808.gif - (29.82KB , 800x600 , 091.gif )
706351

>Tell lucy to ask the witch why the witch saved lucy.
>Silly question maybe, but have you tried talking to her [the witch] about how you feel?

Raven: "You should ask Emerald why she saved you."

Lucy: "..."

Lucy has a painful sad expression.

Raven: "You should also tell her how you feel. It's worth a shot."

Lucy: "......"

>Also ask lucy if she thinks the witch was insane from the beginning and was just hiding it or if the witch was an alright person and then went insane.

Raven: "Do you think Emerald was insane from the get go? Or did she go insane?"

Lucy: "I don't know. It was so long ago and, like I said, I was never strong with anything social. To me, she was alright when I first met her, but maybe I'm just that naive..."

>...then maybe the witch's experiments drove her mad. Maybe what we have to do is cure her insanity. Ask Lucy if the witch keeps her notes anywhere Lucy can get to. Or a diary? We have to investigate.
>Ask Lucy if she knows about any notes the witch might be keeping.

Raven: "Mmm... Then it's possible that she went insane... Do you know if Emerald keeps any notes or a journal or anything like that?"

Lucy hesitate for a moment.

Lucy: "... I really wouldn't know. I rarely go in her lab anyway. Look, I don't know what you're planning, but... I still have a job..."

She said that last part in her breath like she had to struggle to say it.
>>
No. 706357 ID: 02422f

>I rarely go in her lab anyway. Look, I don't know what you're planning, but... I still have a job...
Are... you asking me to look into it for you? I mean, of the two of us, it's not like I have anything to lose if I make the witch mad at me.
>>
No. 706359 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706357
Good idea! If Lucy lets us into the lab, we can investigate on our own. That way, Lucy doesn't have to abandon her post to investigate. It's not like we can really do anything against the witch anyway, right? And we won't run away.

Tell Lucy you promise not to run away if she lets you into the lab to find out what's causing Emerald's issues.
>>
No. 706543 ID: 15a025

Ask to go see the lab your-self if Lucy doesn't want to go.
>>
No. 706582 ID: b66b01
File 145687229910.gif - (29.74KB , 800x600 , 092.gif )
706582

>Dialogue
>Tell Lucy you promise not to run away if she lets you into the lab to find out what's causing Emerald's issues.

Raven: "Are... you asking me to look into it for you? I mean, of the two of us, it's not like I have anything to lose if I make the witch mad at me. You just have to let me in the lab and I promise I won't run away."

Lucy: "... I mostly meant that you're suppose to still be in your cell. It feels weird to go against my duties... But..."
>>
No. 706583 ID: b66b01
File 145687230404.gif - (29.95KB , 800x600 , 093.gif )
706583

"LuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUcyyyyyyYYYYY"

A sing-y voice is heard from the entrance of the cave. Lucy freezes up for a second then looks at me and whispers.

Lucy: "...Hides!"
>>
No. 706591 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706583
Uhhhh HIDE UNDER THE BED
>>
No. 706599 ID: 15a025

Bed now.
>>
No. 706607 ID: 02422f

Isn't the cell like the next door over? Couldn't we just jump back in?

Uh, no time I guess and that trapdoor looked heavy.

Under the bed it is!
>>
No. 706626 ID: b66b01
File 145687682847.gif - (30.96KB , 800x600 , 094.gif )
706626

>Uhhhh HIDE UNDER THE BED
>Bed now.
>Under the bed it is!

I check the bed and most of it is just thick sheets! The thicker mattress-y part is directly on the floor!

Lucy: "Under the covers should be ok as long as you don't move and she doesn't look this way!"

I hide under the covers!
>>
No. 706627 ID: b66b01
File 145687683282.gif - (29.18KB , 800x600 , 095.gif )
706627

Lucy walks over next to the ramp that leads downstairs. Emerald is already here.

Emerald: "Oh hello Lucy! How are you?! It's such a beautiful day isn't it?"

Lucy: "... I didn't go out today yet."

Emerald: "Oh well, once you help me, be sure to take some time to go outside, it'll be good for your health! It's time to use that lizard we've been keeping. Today's the big day!"

Lucy: "O-ok"
>>
No. 706628 ID: b66b01
File 145687683741.gif - (21.61KB , 800x600 , 096.gif )
706628

Emerald and Lucy are now in the jail room.
>>
No. 706637 ID: 2ccbb3

...

Find a meat tenderizer.
>>
No. 706649 ID: 02422f

>>706628
Um, "use" doesn't sound good.
>>
No. 706656 ID: 15a025

Grab giant ax and use it to kill the witch.
>>
No. 706661 ID: 5ad4a7

Yeah, the witch is gonna kill him today. I guess we should've let him out yesterday, on the promise he wouldn't try to kill Lucy.

Grab something you can throw as a distraction so that the lizard guy can get away.
>>
No. 706668 ID: 5ad4a7

...actually nevermind. The lizard dude got captured because he snuck in and attacked Emerald unprovoked. She has a right to repay him that favor.

Don't interfere.
>>
No. 706676 ID: 439fd3

Keep hiding
>>
No. 706690 ID: b66b01
File 145688610936.gif - (29.31KB , 800x600 , 097.gif )
706690

>Grab giant ax and use it to kill the witch.

I pick up the ax and- OOF!

This ax is heavy!
>>
No. 706691 ID: b66b01
File 145688611415.gif - (30.14KB , 800x600 , 098.gif )
706691

>Grab something you can throw as a distraction so that the lizard guy can get away.

I try and throw the ax as far as I can and it just falls on the floor next to the bed.

*KLANG*
>>
No. 706692 ID: b66b01
File 145688611973.gif - (72.86KB , 800x600 , 099.gif )
706692

>...actually nevermind. The lizard dude got captured because he snuck in and attacked Emerald unprovoked. She has a right to repay him that favor. Don't interfere.

...

>Keep hiding

I hide again.
>>
No. 706693 ID: b66b01
File 145688612341.gif - (75.82KB , 800x600 , 100.gif )
706693

Emerald: "You keep doing that, I'll check..."

Emerald peeks into the room.

Emerald: "..."

... She's squinting.

... Then she goes back in the jail room.

Emerald: "You're ax fell. You should take a look at the hook..."
>>
No. 706702 ID: 02422f

>The lizard dude got captured because he snuck in and attacked Emerald unprovoked. She has a right to repay him that favor. Don't interfere.
...couldn't you characterize our own actions exactly the same? :V
>>
No. 706727 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706702
No, because we didn't sneak in, nor did we try to stab her, or really threaten her life in any way. We just happened to arrive when Emerald was sleeping.

>>706693
Maybe we can sneak out and head to her lab early? I'm not sure what the layout of this place is.
>>
No. 706782 ID: 439fd3

If ask why the ax fell later say you were looking for a better hiding spot, failed, and knocked the ax down hoping it was connected to a secret passage.

Also keep hiding seeing as there probably is shit you can do without getting caught and getting Lucy in trouble and mad at you.
>>
No. 706788 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706782
I think a better excuse would be "I wanted something to defend myself with in case Emerald found me and decided to kill me then and there"
>>
No. 706890 ID: b66b01
File 145695507980.gif - (30.68KB , 800x600 , 101.gif )
706890

>Maybe we can sneak out and head to her lab early? I'm not sure what the layout of this place is.
>Also keep hiding seeing as there probably is shit you can do without getting caught and getting Lucy in trouble and mad at you.

Hiding is pretty boring. I momentarily think about sneaking out to search for Emerald's lab. But I don't know the layout of this place. And I would rather not get Lucy in trouble or mad at me...

...

Emerald: "I should be able to handle him from here now, thank you Lucy!"

Lucy: "..."
>>
No. 706891 ID: b66b01
File 145695508468.gif - (30.71KB , 800x600 , 102.gif )
706891

Emerald leaves the mountain. Lucy exhales.

Lucy: "You can come out now. What happened to my ax?!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "I wanted something to defend myself with in case Emerald found me and decided to kill me then and there"

Lucy: "Well, I guess things went alright... Listen, I'll help you. What do you want to do."
>>
No. 706892 ID: b66b01

>>706890
Also, the ax being back on the wall was a mistake, not magic.
>>
No. 706896 ID: 02422f

>Listen, I'll help you. What do you want to do.
Maybe we should find a way to help the lizard before she does anything bad to him?
>>
No. 706897 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706891
Well, we were going to find out why Emerald's mental condition is deteriorating, but... well, ask her if she wants to try to keep Emerald from killing the lizard dude.

If she does, then we need to go interrupt the experiment, and do the talking for Lucy, since she doesn't seem capable of speaking for herself. We'd just need to explain that Emerald's behavior is bothering Lucy. That should at least calm down the situation so we can investigate, perhaps with Emerald's cooperation.

If she thinks the lizard deserves what he's getting, then we can try to get ahold of Emerald's diary or something, find out what's making her go nuts.
>>
No. 706906 ID: b66b01
File 145695978778.gif - (31.12KB , 800x600 , 103.gif )
706906

>Maybe we should find a way to help the lizard before she does anything bad to him?
>Well, we were going to find out why Emerald's mental condition is deteriorating, but... well, ask her if she wants to try to keep Emerald from killing the lizard dude.

Raven: "I wanted to look into why Emerald's mental condition is deteriorating, but do you think we should help that Lizard instead?"

Lucy: "Yes, we should stop her from doing whatever she's planning to do with that lizard. I think she's about to do something that she's been planning for a long time. I don't know if that's why she was so happy just now, but whatever it is, she's been talking about this project for as long as I've been here. I never liked the things she alluded to and has always kept me in darkness about the whole thing."
>>
No. 706917 ID: 5ad4a7

Alright, let's go. Ask if she's got anything you can use if it comes to a fight.
>>
No. 706921 ID: 15a025

Go save lizard guy.
>>
No. 706933 ID: b66b01
File 145696973592.gif - (30.43KB , 800x600 , 104.gif )
706933

>Ask if she's got anything you can use if it comes to a fight.

Raven: "Alright, let's go to the lab. Do you have any weapons I could use if there's a fight?"

Lucy: "Actually, yeah."

Lucy walks over to the drawer on the other side of the room. She opens it and pulls out a sword out of it.

Lucy: "This was the lizard's. You might as well use it."
>>
No. 706934 ID: b66b01
File 145696974051.gif - (28.80KB , 800x600 , 105.gif )
706934

>Alright, let's go./Go save lizard guy.

Lucy: "Follow me."

Lucy walks over to the ramp that leads downstairs. I follow.
>>
No. 706935 ID: b66b01
File 145696974595.gif - (28.44KB , 800x600 , 106.gif )
706935

We arrive at a lower level and there's water here! And blue glowing crystals of some sort? This place is pretty big and the air is cool.
>>
No. 706936 ID: f56624

>>706935
I'd say touch the crystals but that's probably a terrible idea, don't do that.
>>
No. 706937 ID: 15a025

Ask if you can have a quick drink.
>>
No. 707050 ID: b66b01
File 145703444338.gif - (24.23KB , 800x600 , 107.gif )
707050

>I'd say touch the crystals but that's probably a terrible idea, don't do that.

Glow-y stuff are tantalizing...

>Ask if you can have a quick drink.

Raven: "Can I drink some water?"

Lucy: "Sure. The water here is incredibly pure for some reason and keeps most of the mountain cold. Luckily, the witch helped me build a fireplace in my room back when she was... better. Also, I have to open this hidden door here and it'll take a couple of seconds."

I walk over to the water and cup my hands to drink some while Lucy does her thing.

The water is incredibly tasty! A big part of it probably is because of how thirsty I was, but like Lucy said, the water tastes pure. It seems to reinvigorate my soul...
>>
No. 707052 ID: 2ccbb3

>>707050
Keep some water for later.

This is a DESERT.
>>
No. 707054 ID: a22f87

>>707050
if you still have a water skin or canteen or whatever you should take some of that water with you. Might help down the road.
>>
No. 707055 ID: 15a025

>>707052
Yeah, try to get some water for the possible trip.
>>
No. 707056 ID: 5ad4a7

Touch crystal!
>>
No. 707067 ID: b66b01
File 145704168445.gif - (23.64KB , 800x600 , 108.gif )
707067

>Keep some water for later.
>if you still have a water skin or canteen or whatever you should take some of that water with you.
>Yeah, try to get some water for the possible trip.

I fill my canteen with water!
I now have in my possession: a canteen filled with pure water, the Lizard's Sword and an old prune-y apple.

>Touch crystal!

You touch one of the smaller crystal that you can actually reach. They, too, feel cool.
>>
No. 707083 ID: 9bb56d

Maybe the water could help the witch recover? Just maybe though, considering she only eats magical soup for some reason.
>>
No. 707088 ID: b66b01
File 145704909811.gif - (24.02KB , 800x600 , 109.gif )
707088

Lucy: "Alright, it's open."

I walk over to where Lucy is. She moved a boulder and there's now a hole in the wall. I'll have to lower myself a bit to pass through, I imagine Lucy will have to crawl through.
>>
No. 707094 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707088
Alright, hide the sword, then go ahead of Lucy. That would be what Lucy would do if she were escorting you to the lab as a prisoner.

Once you're in there try not to be noticed immediately.
>>
No. 707109 ID: b66b01
File 145705377076.gif - (59.22KB , 800x600 , 110.gif )
707109

>Alright, hide the sword, then go ahead of Lucy. That would be what Lucy would do if she were escorting you to the lab as a prisoner. Once you're in there try not to be noticed immediately.

I hide my sword. My enemies won't see it coming... I then go through the hole.

I enter some sort of run down hallway. Doesn't look like it's in use too often. It's smells like mildew, and a hint of something chemical?
>>
No. 707128 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707109
Ask if Lucy's ever been in here before. We'll need to keep moving, but watch your step. Could be traps. Lucy might want to go first, as to be the first face Emerald sees.

...huh, is that another passageway behind the rocks?
>>
No. 707259 ID: b66b01
File 145712211749.gif - (36.57KB , 800x600 , 111.gif )
707259

>Ask if Lucy's ever been in here before. We'll need to keep moving, but watch your step. Could be traps. Lucy might want to go first, as to be the first face Emerald sees.

Raven: "Have you ever been here before?"

Lucy: "Yeah, but not too often. As far as I know, the witch doesn't know that this exists. It's a good alternative to get to her lab without walking through the front door."

Raven: "Ah ok... You should take the lead, if we bump into Emerald, it would be less suspicious if she sees you and it'll give me time to maybe hide."

Lucy: "Sounds like a good way to move once we get there."

>Dialogue

Raven: "...huh, is that another passageway behind the rocks?"

Lucy: "From what I understand, the witch's lab was actually there long before she arrived here. It was abandoned, and the witch just claimed it and refurbished it for her own purposes. This hall is a left over from the previous lab. But I don't know what's over this way... I'm too big to go investigate."
>>
No. 707276 ID: 5ad4a7

Ohhh, this would make a great escape route! Move the boulder aside, and both you and the lizard could go through, Lucy moving the boulder back behind you to cover your escape. Though, actually, maybe that's not a great idea. We don't know where this leads, it could be a dead end and then you'd starve to death.
Still, we could hide in there temporarily maybe.

Emerald can't lift heavy things with her magic, right?
I guess it'd be a cool place to explore after we save the lizard, regardless.
>>
No. 707290 ID: b66b01
File 145713238842.gif - (36.55KB , 800x600 , 112.gif )
707290

>Ohhh, this would make a great escape route! Move the boulder aside, and both you and the lizard could go through, Lucy moving the boulder back behind you to cover your escape. Though, actually, maybe that's not a great idea. We don't know where this leads, it could be a dead end and then you'd starve to death.

Well for an escape, I also would just need to get the proper equipment, namely food and water and if that counts, rest, and I could eventually find my way through the desert. Based on what Lucy said, I think I'm better at navigating since I'm kind of an adventurer. So while Lucy is stuck here in fear of death, I just need to be prepared. I still don't know why Emerald is here...

But yeah, this way would be for discovery purposes since it could lead to nowhere.

Raven: "Could you move these boulders?"

Lucy: "Not the bigger ones. I might have tried if I could. Unless we find a pickax and lots of time, we're not- Well, I'm not getting through there..."

>Dialogue

Raven: "Emerald can't lift heavy things with her magic, right?"

Lucy: "I think she could."
>>
No. 707340 ID: 16daa4

I don't think we have time to move rocks around a lot, but you could likely climb up to look through the corner of that doorway.
If that doesn't work continue onward.
>>
No. 707346 ID: 5ad4a7

Let's just go, we're wasting time.
>>
No. 707423 ID: b66b01
File 145720752144.gif - (36.55KB , 800x600 , 113.gif )
707423

>I don't think we have time to move rocks around a lot, but you could likely climb up to look through the corner of that doorway.

Raven: "Mmm, I could climb some of those rocks and check what's in the other side..."

>Let's just go, we're wasting time.
>If that doesn't work continue onward.

Lucy: "I think you could, but I'd say that we should focus on stopping the witch. We don't know when she'll do whatever she's planning. I'm guessing anytime within this day since she said 'Today's the big day' earlier."

Raven: "Yeah, I was thinking that..."
>>
No. 707424 ID: b66b01
File 145720752608.gif - (29.65KB , 800x600 , 114.gif )
707424

The hallway is pretty dark and I follow Lucy close. After walking for about a minute, we arrive to the end of the hallway. Lucy opens a wooden panel that covers a hole in the wall.

Lucy: "Ok, go through here. Be careful not to knock into things."

I get through I'm now in a very small room with brooms and mops and buckets and-
>>
No. 707425 ID: b66b01
File 145720753133.gif - (43.18KB , 800x600 , 115.gif )
707425

This is a closet.

Lucy follows after me and closes the panel behind her. We're now both in a closet and it is very small.

Lucy: "Y-you can open the door you know."

Raven: "The plan is that you lead the way in case Emerald is there!"

Lucy: "*sigh* Ok, move over."
>>
No. 707426 ID: b66b01
File 145720753558.gif - (43.81KB , 800x600 , 116.gif )
707426

Lucy: "No! Not that way!"

Raven: "There's a bucket the other way!"

Lucy: "Ahh, ok. Wait, maybe if I-"

Raven: "AX! Ax! Watch out for the ax!"

Lucy: "Ah sorry!"
>>
No. 707427 ID: b66b01
File 145720754044.gif - (37.80KB , 800x600 , 117.gif )
707427

Lucy: "Ok..."

Lucy opens the door.
>>
No. 707428 ID: b66b01
File 145720754560.gif - (30.51KB , 800x600 , 118.gif )
707428

We are now in another hallway, but this one is better kept. Kinda spooky though.
>>
No. 707447 ID: 02422f

>From what I understand, the witch's lab was actually there long before she arrived here. It was abandoned, and the witch just claimed it and refurbished it for her own purposes.
...I wonder if she changed because she found something she shouldn't have. Say, something that was here from before get ahold of her.

>>707426
>>707427
Pfffff.

>>707428
Does Lucy know if we should go strait or take the right to find the witch?
>>
No. 707452 ID: f56624

>>707427
now kees
>>
No. 707476 ID: 16daa4

>...I wonder if she changed because she found something she shouldn't have. Say, something that was here from before get ahold of her.
That does sound like a possibility. Ask if the witch's magic has changed since Lucy first met her.
>>
No. 707522 ID: b66b01
File 145728487192.gif - (32.07KB , 800x600 , 119.gif )
707522

>Does Lucy know if we should go strait or take the right to find the witch?

Raven: "Um... Do we go straight or to the right?"

Lucy: "Straight ahead for now. She has a big room down here and I suspect that's where they are. If not, we'll have to just look around."

>Ask if the witch's magic has changed since Lucy first met her.

Raven: "Did Emerald's magic change since you've met her?"

Lucy: "A bit, but I've always assumed that it was normal for any magic users that practices it. She can make bigger solid things with her bright green-ish magic. She learned some new spells, things like that."
>>
No. 707597 ID: b66b01
File 145731037923.gif - (30.73KB , 800x600 , 120.gif )
707597

After navigating some hallways, we arrive to a door.

Lucy: "Here's goes..."
>>
No. 707598 ID: b66b01
File 145731038525.gif - (47.76KB , 800x600 , 121.gif )
707598

Woah! We enter a really big room! There's a big structure of some sort and the lizard is there! This place feels... weird.
>>
No. 707600 ID: 2ccbb3

Yeah, I think you should do something now.

This area is likely dangerous, so try to give him some knives to free himself with.
>>
No. 707601 ID: 211d83

Yeah if you two don't do something quick there will be tentacled monstrosity sticking out of that portal eating the lizard guy shortly.

Its best for everyone that you stop that from happening.
>>
No. 707602 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh god. It's the thing from your dream. It's a portal, I think, and the lizard is a sacrifice.
I don't see Emerald, but you could save the lizard by cutting the rope where you are. Lucy can grab him.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if you interrupt whatever's going on here, and remove the sacrifice, ummm... what will happen when the portal opens? We need to find Emerald first I think.
>>
No. 707603 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707602
Oh wait I guess if the ritual hasn't started yet then we can remove the lizard safely. I am really wondering why Emerald isn't here, though. Maybe she had to go get some stuff?
>>
No. 707604 ID: 15a025

Find Emerald and knock her out. Then save lizard dude.
>>
No. 707626 ID: a22f87

ask lucy if she has any idea what's going on in here.
>>
No. 707737 ID: b66b01
File 145739676544.gif - (28.78KB , 800x600 , 122.gif )
707737

>cutting the rope where you are.

Oh whoops! Color picking mistake! The line next to them is suppose to be a corner of the room. The rope the Lizard dude is hanging from is being held by a single metal ring on the ceiling. No one but the witch knows how that was installed.

>I don't see Emerald. I am really wondering why Emerald isn't here. Maybe she had to go get some stuff?

Raven: "Where is Emerald?"

Lucy: "I don't know, but her lab is actually really lax. She used to have security systems but there were not enough intruders coming here, so they kept getting in our way more than anything. So the witch got rid of them. I'm assuming she's not in a hurry."

Raven: "Oh, maybe she had to go get some stuff."

Lucy: "Possible."


We reach the lizard.

Lizard Dude: "Oh. Hello."

Raven: "Hi, we're here to save you!"

Lizard Dude: "Ah? You two? Well, thanks..."

Lucy: "Wait? Who else is here save you?"

Lizard Dude: "Two as in one two."

Lucy: "Oh."
>>
No. 707738 ID: b66b01
File 145739677225.gif - (28.98KB , 800x600 , 123.gif )
707738

>ask lucy if she has any idea what's going on in here.

Raven: "Lucy, do you know what is going on here?"

Lucy: "I'm not sure, but something about minions..."

Lizard Dude: "Yes. She says something about an army."

>try to give him some knives to free himself with.

I pull out the lizard's sword.

Raven: "Can you use this to free yourself?"

Lizard Dude: "If my hands were free."

>We need to find Emerald first I think.
>Find Emerald and knock her out. Then save lizard dude.

Raven: "Mmm, Maybe we should find Emerald first?"

Lucy: "If you think so?"

Lizard Dude: "Blood in my head and ankles hurts a bit. I guess I'm ok."
>>
No. 707739 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707738
Lucy can hold you up, and you can use the sword to cut the rope.

It's best if we confront Emerald together, but be sure to tell the lizard you don't want to hurt her if you can help it. There must be a good person in there somewhere, why else would she keep Lucy around? At the very least we can find out the answer to that question.
>>
No. 707821 ID: 02422f

>Lucy can hold you up, and you can use the sword to cut the rope.
Yes, this. Otherwise he'll hit his head.

Can't afford to leave him on the altar while we search for the witch.
>>
No. 708317 ID: b66b01
File 145772788182.gif - (29.85KB , 800x600 , 124.gif )
708317

>Lucy can hold you up, and you can use the sword to cut the rope.

Raven: "Lucy, here, pick me up."

Lucy helps me up and I stand on her shoulders.

Raven: "Ok, Are you ready... lizard?"

Lizard Dude: "Rip, uh-"

Raven: "Ok, Rip, here goes!"

Rip: "WAIT, MY H-!"

I cut the rope and he falls upside down! Lucy grabs one of his legs just in time before his head hits the floor.

Lucy: "Got him!"

Rip: "...ands are tied... Thanks."
>>
No. 708318 ID: b66b01
File 145772788816.gif - (29.37KB , 800x600 , 125.gif )
708318

Lucy puts the lizard on the ground gently and after I'm off her shoulders, she checks Rip's wrists to see if she can help him.

Lucy: "Metal shackles. I think I can pop em open if I can get a good hold on them, give me a sec..."

>be sure to tell the lizard you don't want to hurt her if you can help it.

Raven: "Rip is it? We want to confront Emerald together, but we want to get her alive. We want some answers."

Rip: "Mmm, is can be done. Neutralize and interrogate is part of my trade."

Rip: "So what's going? She's helping us?"

Lucy frowns a bit but says nothing.
>>
No. 708329 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708318
Explain that Lucy has a debt to the witch, but feels guilty about what she's done. So we're trying to help Emerald come to her senses, if possible. That would repay the debt, in a way.
>>
No. 708369 ID: 02422f

>Rip: "So what's going? She's helping us?"
She owes the witch a debt. But she's starting to be more worried about what the witch is doing, that what she says.

Maybe we can find a way that she doesn't have or want to do this crazy stuff.
>>
No. 708375 ID: 343b23

Lucy's really nice. The witch might just be sick.
>>
No. 708581 ID: b66b01
File 145782400772.gif - (29.32KB , 800x600 , 126.gif )
708581

>Dialogue

Raven: "Lucy has a debt to the witch, but feels guilty about what she's done. So we're trying to help Emerald come to her senses, if possible. That would repay the debt, in a way."

Rip: "Mmh. Ok. Didn't know anything happened in her head."

Lucy: "Are you implying that I'm dumb?"

Rip: "Never heard of thinking Minotaurs."

Lucy: "How many Minotaurs have you met before?"

Rip: "... None."

Lucy: "Hhmph!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "Lucy's really nice!"

Rip: "If you says so."

Lucy: "..."


Rip: "... So... come to her senses. Warrior, you think you can fix the witch?"
>>
No. 708589 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708581
Honestly, no, but the least you can do is tell her that she's hurting Lucy. Emerald seems to be keeping Lucy around for a reason, and we have to hope it's because Emerald likes her.

It's a long shot, but we have to try.
>>
No. 708875 ID: 02422f

>Warrior, you think you can fix the witch?
I'm not sure. We don't even know what went wrong, yet.

I think we need to investigate down here. Figure out what's going on.
>>
No. 708933 ID: b66b01
File 145790904024.gif - (29.49KB , 800x600 , 127.gif )
708933

>Honestly, no, but the least you can do is tell her that she's hurting Lucy. Emerald seems to be keeping Lucy around for a reason, and we have to hope it's because Emerald likes her.
>I'm not sure. We don't even know what went wrong, yet.
>I think we need to investigate down here. Figure out what's going on.

*klingklin*

Lucy freed Rip's hands.

Raven: "I'm not sure, but we have to look around and figure out if something went wrong. If something can be fixed, than it should be fixed. At the very least, we want to tell Emerald how Lucy feels about the things she made her do..."

Rip rub his wrists a bit.

Rip: "Sentimental, yes? I can offer assistance, but my quick fix will be with my blade... If it comes to that."

*klang*

Sounded like a door closing somewhere in this room. The room is huge and echo-y, so I'm not sure from where it came from.

>Raven can see a door to the east, which her and Lucy came in through, and a door to the west. Just clarifying it.
>>
No. 708934 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708933
Time to get out of sight.
>>
No. 708956 ID: c43722

Since you can see the doors and can't see Emerald it's most likely she's coming in from the east since the platform is up high and the staircase has a high solid banister that would hide her walking down it. Pass Rip his blade and make for the west door by a way that'll keep the view of you from the stairs hidden.

>>708934
And scoop up the broken shackles and chain links and take them with you. That way Emerald may think Rip got down on his own and is still bound. Also, if you leave them Emerald may deduce that the only one around with the strength to break them is Lucy and that'd shoot down any chances of Lucy keeping her actions secret if she has to interact with Emerald again.
>>
No. 708957 ID: 15a025

Flee.
>>
No. 709135 ID: b66b01

>>708956
Welp, my clarification just ended up making things more confusing, whoops. I should have worded it in a way that implies that she could see the doors, but she's not focusing on either. I just felt like up to now, I didn't make it clear that Raven was aware of the west door since you only see the ramp in the portal panel.
>>
No. 709186 ID: c43722

>>709135
Okay, thanks for clarifying the clarification. And with that and some time to think I believe I have a better suggestion than before.

Pass Rip his sword and whisper to ask him if he remembers which way Emerald went when she left earlier. It's most likely that she'll be coming back via the door in that direction, so you should make for the door in the opposite direction. While he replies peer with those keen raven eyes of yours towards both doors and try to make out any movement or light; If you're lucky Emerald will be carrying a lantern to light her way. And as a last option if Rip doesn't remember which way Emerald you can't make out anything in either direction, head east, back the way you came. Better the way you know then rushing into the unknown and getting trapped in a dead end.

Don't forget to scoop up the shackle and chain pieces before fleeing, otherwise Emerald may deduce Lucy is the one who freed Rip since she's the only one around who could break them.

Unfortunately when you do move it'll have to be slow enough that Lucy's hooves won't make a racket on the floor and give away your position and possibly that it's Lucy clopping across the floor. Avoid the pools of light the... candles? lamps? are casting, and try to avoid casting your silhouettes by standing in the way of them.

In hindsight we should have had Lucy throw Rip over her shoulder after cutting him down and got to somewhere safer before chatting with him. Whoops.
>>
No. 709264 ID: b66b01
File 145799734949.gif - (29.27KB , 800x600 , 128.gif )
709264

>Pass Rip his sword and whisper to ask him if he remembers which way Emerald went when she left earlier.

Raven: "Here! Where did Emerald go when she left you alone?"

Rip: "Thanks. That way."

He points to the west door.
>>
No. 709265 ID: b66b01
File 145799735491.gif - (44.46KB , 800x600 , 129.gif )
709265

>While he replies peer with those keen raven eyes of yours towards both doors and try to make out any movement or light

Like he says, she's coming from this way! Luckily, she seems to be reading a book that is in the box she's holding and I can hear a faint humming. I think she's humming to herself too, but from this distance, I'm not sure.
>>
No. 709266 ID: b66b01
File 145799736217.gif - (28.30KB , 800x600 , 130.gif )
709266

>Don't forget to scoop up the shackle and chain pieces before fleeing

I scoop up the metal bits.

>Time to get out of sight.
>Flee.

Raven: "Quickly! This way!"

>Unfortunately when you do move it'll have to be slow enough that Lucy's hooves won't make a racket on the floor
>Avoid the pools of light the... candles? lamps? are casting, and try to avoid casting your silhouettes by standing in the way of them.

Raven: "We'll have to make sure we don't go too fast so that Lucy's hooves don't give us away. Also we have to mind the lamps and not cast silhouettes by walking in front of them."

Rip: "I can take lead if you want. I have experience with sneaky navigation."
>>
No. 709273 ID: 5ad4a7

Tell Lucy she's the only one that can approach Emerald right now. She should do so while you and Rip hide out of sight. You should hide closest to Lucy and encourage her via whisper.

Rip should try to sneak around for a possible sneak attack, but ONLY if things go south. Set up a codephrase for him to attack. Something like "beef soup".
>>
No. 710336 ID: b66b01
File 145841406435.gif - (28.85KB , 800x600 , 131.gif )
710336

>Tell Lucy she's the only one that can approach Emerald right now. She should do so while you and Rip hide out of sight. You should hide closest to Lucy and encourage her via whisper.

And what will she tell Emerald once she asks where Rip is? If I try to whisper to Lucy, there's no way Emerald won't hear me too! I'll keep the current plan for now...


I nod to Rip. He then proceed to get in place at the edge of the platform and hold his hand to signal us to hold. He then hangs his head from the side of the platform and raises 3 of his fingers. He lowers a finger. Lowers a second one...
>>
No. 710337 ID: b66b01
File 145841407073.gif - (34.99KB , 800x600 , 132.gif )
710337

Once he lowers his last finger, we all jump down in unison as silently as possible. I think we somehow synced our landing with on of Emerald's step on the metal stairs. Combined with her humming, she doesn't seem to hear us. I'm pretty sure the sync was a coincidence, not convinced that Rip is that good.
>>
No. 710338 ID: b66b01
File 145841407415.gif - (37.80KB , 800x600 , 133.gif )
710338

Emerald doesn't seem to react to Rip being gone yet, she must focusing on something else. Rip starts to navigate the lamps and we follow as silently as we can. Lucy is struggling a bit to keep up while also being silent with her steps.

We've reached the stairs and start ascending them...
>>
No. 710339 ID: b66b01
File 145841407912.gif - (31.62KB , 800x600 , 134.gif )
710339

"Oh isn't this excit-... Where? WHERE IS THAT LEATHER BAG?!"

Guess she finally noticed. We're a fourth of the way up the stairs and Rip is double timing it.
>>
No. 710340 ID: b66b01
File 145841408479.gif - (26.10KB , 800x600 , 135.gif )
710340

*vwip!*

Suddenly an orb appears in front of Lucy.
>>
No. 710341 ID: b66b01
File 145841409078.gif - (36.19KB , 800x600 , 136.gif )
710341

"LUUUUUUCCCCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
"LUUUUUUCCCCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
>>
No. 710342 ID: b66b01
File 145841409692.gif - (38.49KB , 800x600 , 137.gif )
710342

...
>>
No. 710343 ID: b66b01
File 145841410128.gif - (27.40KB , 800x600 , 138.gif )
710343

"... Lucy?"
"... Lucy?"
We all hold our breath. Lucy looks at me expectantly.
>>
No. 710363 ID: ca5d6c

>>710343
well fuck.
Uh.

"I'M OVER HERE! I saw the lizard escaping, I think he's still in here!"
>>
No. 710374 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710343
We can't say anything, the witch can hear everything near the orb.

Pantomime that she should say she saw Rip escaping and can't find him.
>>
No. 710484 ID: 15a025

I'M BUSY OVER HERE! WHAT DO YOU WANT!
>>
No. 710682 ID: b66b01
File 145851918384.gif - (22.81KB , 800x600 , 139.gif )
710682

>I'M BUSY OVER HERE! WHAT DO YOU WANT!

While saying this could be humorous, I don't think I can do a good Lucy impression or find a way to tell her to say this without blowing my cover.

>"I'M OVER HERE! I saw the lizard escaping, I think he's still in here!"
>Pantomime that she should say she saw Rip escaping and can't find him.

First I put the shackle bits in my hood. I then point to Lucy, point to my eyes with my index and middle finger, then point to Rip, make little walk-y legs with my fingers, then point at the door, then shrug.

Hope she understands...
>>
No. 710683 ID: b66b01
File 145851918813.gif - (53.07KB , 800x600 , 140.gif )
710683

Lucy exhales then stands up.

Lucy: "I'm here. I saw the lizard get out... But I don't know where he is?"

Emerald: "What? You saw him and you let him get away? I don't ask much of you Lucy, put some effort and passion in what you do! Seriously!"

Lucy: "Huh, you don't have to come up here, I got it!"

Emerald: "Pah! You let him escape! I think if we both look, maybe I'll get lucky and bump into him! Doing your job for you for Beet's sake."
>>
No. 710695 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710683
Gesture for her to tell the witch to go one way, you go the other. Split up. Then we can run for it, hope the witch can't catch up before you're in safety.

Heck, you and the lizard can escape through the blocked passage, probably. Or at least hide there. Before you go, though, be sure to ask Lucy if she needs your help still. Or maybe you can suggest ways to breach the topic?

Like she could say "Maybe we should just let him go"? Then she can talk about how guilty she feels.
>>
No. 710783 ID: b66b01
File 145858662897.gif - (22.72KB , 800x600 , 141.gif )
710783

>Gesture for her to tell the witch to go one way, you go the other. Split up.

Lucy tries to look at me in a subtle manner. I point at her and in the general direction of Emerald and try my best to make 2 walk-y finger walking away from each other.

Lucy: "Uhh, we should split up to cover more ground though!"

Emerald: "Well duuuh, That's the point of us both looking!"

Lucy: "B-but you can check the other door!"

Emerald: "I just came from there! The hell is wrong with you today? You're dumber than usual!"

Lucy flinches a bit.
>>
No. 710784 ID: b66b01
File 145858663211.gif - (27.90KB , 800x600 , 142.gif )
710784

Emerald: "Besides, you're the brawn! Don't ever try to be the brain! I have that part covered. Which is a good thing too because if it was up to you, this place would have collapsed on us on the first day! Know your place you dumb cow!"

Lucy's expression starts to show anger.
>>
No. 710785 ID: b66b01
File 145858663779.gif - (20.88KB , 800x600 , 143.gif )
710785

She drops the sphere off the stairs then talks to me without looking at me.

It's not a whisper, but her voice is still at a low volume. Her voice is trembling a bit.

Lucy: "Go upstairs."

Emerald: "Why did you do that for!?!"
>>
No. 710786 ID: 3af16b

>>710785
...Be careful. Don't do anything rash, lucy.

>but go upstairs.
>>
No. 710803 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710784
...welp. I guess Emerald isn't her friend after all. This will end in blood.

Maybe Rip should help Lucy out. Keep going but whisper to Rip to give Lucy support if she's outmatched.
>>
No. 710815 ID: 02422f

>>710785
Put your hand on her shoulder before you go.

Don't do anything you'll regret.
>>
No. 710821 ID: b66b01
File 145860007313.gif - (24.42KB , 800x600 , 144.gif )
710821

>Put your hand on her shoulder before you go.

I don't know if I can do that without Emerald seeing me.

>Dialogue

Lucy starts going down the stairs. I tell her silently:

Raven: "...Be careful. Don't do anything rash, Lucy."

Emerald: "Oh, what now?! You're going the wrong way! We're going UP!"

>but go upstairs.

While staying low, I start to make my way upstairs.
>>
No. 710822 ID: b66b01
File 145860007967.gif - (29.14KB , 800x600 , 145.gif )
710822

I arrive upstairs and look back for a brief moment, Lucy is about to come face to face with Emerald.

Emerald: "Lucy, what are you doing?"

Rip: "She buying us time?"

>Keep going but whisper to Rip to give Lucy support if she's outmatched.

Raven: "Actually, I think that maybe you should go back down. She might need help soon..."

Rip: "... What will you do?"
>>
No. 710825 ID: 15a025

You'll...try to find a way out for everyone?
>>
No. 710837 ID: 5ad4a7

...you could throw those shackles at Emerald at an opportune moment?
>>
No. 710925 ID: b66b01
File 145866546380.gif - (36.28KB , 800x600 , 146.gif )
710925

Lucy: "Why did you save me, when I was dying in the desert?"

Emerald: "Is this really the time? *Sigh*! I don't know why I have to spell it out, I think it was obvious that I was recruiting you! You've been a pretty decent minion, I guess. I don't know what's with you today, but you're usually better than this."

Lucy: "A... minion?"

Emerald: "Well of course! That's all you're good for! I'm a leader and you're a follower!"
>>
No. 710926 ID: b66b01
File 145866546871.gif - (29.21KB , 800x600 , 147.gif )
710926

>Dialogue

Raven: "I'll...try to find a way out for everyone?"

Rip: "... I already know the way out."

>Dialogue

Raven: "...I could throw those shackles at Emerald at an opportune moment?"

Rip: "... I ask because I do not know how much I care to interfere with these two. You are the one who is invested."
>>
No. 710931 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710926
If Lucy doesn't stop Emerald, more people will die, and Emerald might be able to get the army she wants. She must be stopped. Didn't he try to take her out when he first came here, because she was "up to no good"? Well he was right. Now finish the job.
>>
No. 710941 ID: b66b01
File 145868361267.gif - (40.32KB , 800x600 , 148.gif )
710941

Lucy: "... the things you made me do..."

Emerald: "You were slow at first, but you got the hang of it pretty quickly!"

Lucy: "I didn't WANT to do those things! Do you know how it made me feel?! Hurting those people?!"

Emerald: "Pff, Who cares how you 'feel'? I told you already: You are a minion. A slave. You do my bidding because it's your sole reason to exists!"
>>
No. 710942 ID: b66b01
File 145868361780.gif - (29.07KB , 800x600 , 149.gif )
710942

>Dialogue

Raven: "If Lucy doesn't stop Emerald, more people will die, and Emerald might be able to get the army she wants. She must be stopped. Didn't you try to take her out when you first came here, because she was "up to no good"? Well you were right. Now finish the job!"

Rip: "... I guess you are right. Make sure to cheer since you are our only audience... warrior."

Rip starts to sneak back down.
>>
No. 710943 ID: b66b01
File 145868568363.gif - (25.61KB , 800x600 , 150.gif )
710943

Emerald: "I know it's hard to understand for someone like you, but it's just the way things are! Now enough babbling, we have a lizard to catch. Do your job!"
>>
No. 710951 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710943
Follow Rip, to get close enough to accurately throw something. Be ready to deliver an attack of opportunity or distract the witch by taunting her or something.
>>
No. 710952 ID: 15a025

"Rip" her a new one.
>>
No. 710953 ID: b66b01
File 145868858941.gif - (23.82KB , 800x600 , 151.gif )
710953

>Follow Rip, to get close enough to accurately throw something. Be ready to deliver an attack of opportunity or distract the witch by taunting her or something

I start following R-

Lucy: "RRRAAAAHHHHH-"
>>
No. 710954 ID: b66b01
File 145868859599.gif - (25.09KB , 800x600 , 152.gif )
710954

*vwoop*
>>
No. 710955 ID: b66b01
File 145868860141.gif - (22.92KB , 800x600 , 153.gif )
710955

*vwip*

Lucy: "GKKAHH *cough* KRR!"
>>
No. 710957 ID: 15a025

Throw cuffs at witch now.
>>
No. 710961 ID: b66b01
File 145869400112.gif - (36.09KB , 800x600 , 154.gif )
710961

>Throw cuffs at witch now.

*VWOOM*
>>
No. 710962 ID: b66b01
File 145869400517.gif - (20.08KB , 800x600 , 155.gif )
710962

*PAF* *KLACK* *Tshh*
>>
No. 710963 ID: b66b01
File 145869401183.gif - (28.04KB , 800x600 , 156.gif )
710963

*tinkaling*
>>
No. 710964 ID: b66b01
File 145869401501.gif - (22.26KB , 800x600 , 157.gif )
710964

Emerald turns to see Rip down the stairs and me descending them.

Rip: *Sigh*

From where I was when I threw the shackle bit, I missed her.
>>
No. 710966 ID: 15a025

Manifest empty soup bowl, throw it at the witch.
>>
No. 710967 ID: 02422f

Confuse her.

Uh, hey look, I found your missing lizard!
>>
No. 710968 ID: 5ad4a7

You know what maybe it's a good time to run.
>>
No. 710970 ID: f56624

well, we're fucked.

recquisat de pace
rest in peace
r i p
i i
p p
>>
No. 710972 ID: 99a64d

And then they all died.

THE END

Looking back on it we really should have escaped with Rip when we had the chance, Lucy is pretty stupid, we probably could've seen this coming. Heck, if we had waited to get in range before throwing those shackles we would've been fine, emerald isn't the most observant person, she would've just let us sneak up. Even if we had missed Rip could have still slit her throat. But, alas, it is too late for that now. I wonder if there will be anyone out there willing to mourn the loss of a naiive bird?
>>
No. 711045 ID: b66b01
File 145876890684.gif - (30.43KB , 800x600 , 158.gif )
711045

>Dialogue

Raven: "Uh, hey look, I found your missing lizard!"

Rip: "WHAT?!"

Emerald: "Oh! You! I'm so happy to see you! Both of you!"
>>
No. 711049 ID: 02422f

>>711045
Really? You seemed pretty unhappy to see me the last time you saw me.
>>
No. 711053 ID: 5ad4a7

Whisper to Rip, tell him to try to flank her and you'll distract her.

Specifically, by engaging her in conversation. Tell her about how Lucy thought Emerald was her friend, and how she wanted to repay her for saving her life, and all that. You saw how the two of them interacted-- does Emerald really have no affection for the minotaur? Lucy said Emerald started acting more erratic over time. Does Emerald even realize that? Has she been going mad, or has she just been letting her true self through more often the closer she gets to... whatever this is?

What is this, anyway? Lucy said something about an army. Is she trying to summon an army of demons or something? Why does she need Rip, is he a sacrifice? Why does she need minions at all? She's pretty strong.
>>
No. 711464 ID: b66b01
File 145895390209.gif - (30.66KB , 800x600 , 159.gif )
711464

>Dialogue

Raven: "Really? You seemed pretty unhappy to see me the last time you saw me."

Emerald: "Ohh! Oh oh oh! I know I was kinda angry last time, with the bowl thing and all, but in the end, you actually helped me! You see in my rage, I started looking into some pretty dark stuff during my research..."
>>
No. 711465 ID: b66b01
File 145895390972.gif - (30.71KB , 800x600 , 160.gif )
711465

>Whisper to Rip, tell him to try to flank her and you'll distract her.
>Set up a codephrase for him to attack. Something like "beef soup".

Raven: "I'll talk to her and distract her, you try to flank her, got it? But wait a bit, I want to know some things first."

Emerald: "But it was just the push I needed to stumble on the missing step in this ritual I was preparing!"

Rip: "Wait, you're not- ... How do I know to strike?"

Emerald: "So because of you, I'll finally be able to open this portal here!"

Raven: "We'll use a code phrase. Beef Soup."
>>
No. 711466 ID: b66b01
File 145895391879.gif - (74.83KB , 800x600 , 161.gif )
711466

Emerald: "And THAT'S why we should be friends! Yay!"
>>
No. 711467 ID: b66b01
File 145895392487.gif - (31.51KB , 800x600 , 162.gif )
711467

>Tell her about how Lucy thought Emerald was her friend, and how she wanted to repay her for saving her life, and all that.

Raven: "Oh, huh, yeah speaking of friends... What about Lucy?"

Emerald: "I fail to see how she's relevant."

She says while telekenesisis Rip's sword out of his hands. She also puts a collar on him.

Emerald: "Be a dear and wait for us on the platform."
>>
No. 711468 ID: b66b01
File 145895392945.gif - (36.31KB , 800x600 , 163.gif )
711468

Raven: "She is! She thought you guys were friend and wanted to repay you for saving her life!"

Emerald: "Oh whoops, I guess it is a normal reaction to having you life saved for most. But I never made any allusion that we were friends. We didn't hang out, I didn't give her gifts, I never asked her about her hobbies. I see you've been talking to her, though..."

Rip starts to walk towards the platform silently while also looking around him and his person for something. He then slows down while feeling some of his teeth. He then gives me a sneaky thumbs up.
>>
No. 711469 ID: b66b01
File 145895393449.gif - (36.47KB , 800x600 , 164.gif )
711469

>Lucy said Emerald started acting more erratic over time. Does Emerald even realize that?

Raven: "But you were nice to her at first! You are aware of that right?"

Emerald: "You catch more flies with sugar, honey! I'm not stupid, I know that she would have tried to leave or oppose me if I had treated her the way she deserves from the get go! And during that time, I was also finding out how strong she is, see if she was useful for something other than experiments. So it was basically her recruitment exam and she mistook it for a bond? I'll have to remember 'that' next time I work with less intelligent life forms, haha!"

Emerald: "But now, I think she's broken. I guess she worn out her usefulness in the willing capacity and once I open this portal, I'll be able to have some real fun testing on her! She's been resilient! I can't wait to push her nociceptors to the limit! Hehehehehe! I wonder what kind of magic would remove her horns the cleanest..."

>What is this, anyway? Lucy said something about an army. Is she trying to summon an army of demons or something? Why does she need Rip, is he a sacrifice? Why does she need minions at all? She's pretty strong.

Raven: "What is this portal anyway? Lucy said something about an army?"
>>
No. 711470 ID: b66b01
File 145895393907.gif - (36.35KB , 800x600 , 165.gif )
711470

Emerald: "Oh yes! I-"

Emerald turned around and notices Rip standing there.

Emerald: "Didn't I tell you to get on the platform!"

Rip: "... You two are talking of very interesting things."

Emerald: "Oh! We are! I can't blame you for keeping at ear shot, but let's get on the platform now!"

Rip faces forward and I can see him exhale. Emerald doesn't seem to notice. While getting on the platform, Emerald glances at Lucy. Lucy is still on the ground but I can see her moving. We get on the platform.
>>
No. 711471 ID: b66b01
File 145895394578.gif - (28.37KB , 800x600 , 166.gif )
711471

Emerald: "Here it is! This portal has been here ever since I got here. You can tell that there are some dark magic surrounding it just by looking at it! And snooping around, I discovered that there indeed was! As soon as I found that out, I started to do more research on how it could be opened! But alas, That took far longer that I had hoped. Some information missing, some mistranslations, some things referring to objects or words lost to time... It's been a bumpy road, but today! I finally have everything in order to perform the ritual! This portal will tear through dimensions! And it will all be worth it! Do you know why? Cause if someone opens this portal, thousands, millions will pour out of it! Of what?.."
>>
No. 711472 ID: b66b01
File 145895395103.gif - (23.09KB , 800x600 , 167.gif )
711472

Emerald: "Demons!"
>>
No. 711473 ID: b66b01
File 145895395654.gif - (28.83KB , 800x600 , 168.gif )
711473

Emerald: "Or monsters... or abominations, it's really open to interpretations. Best part though, is that the ritual forces the demons myinterpretationisdemons to serve the one who performed the ritual by blood! So even though all the loose demons will wreak havoc on most of the world, they will bow to me and do as I say! Isn't it cute?!

Raven: "Why do you need Rip?"

Emerald: "Oh, just one of the part of the ritual. These demons must be racist or something. They just want a reptilian to be the key to the portal. He also needs to be dying."

Raven: "Why do you need an army? You're pretty strong."

Emerald: "Oh you! Such a flatterer! Not only I don't have the power of an entire army, but you know how good it feels to order around! I know you're like me. Our blood are leaders blood! I'm just more ambitious than most and want to lead demons to transform this planet into a hellish wasteland!"
>>
No. 711474 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711473
Hellish wasteland doesn't sound very... hospitable. What will she rule over? A civilization of demons? Or will she order the demons to leave people alive? What about food? Water?

...huh, what's that Rip's found?

Hmm. Trying to kill her will be difficult considering her telekinesis is so powerful. All I can think of is blinding her with your cloak, in the hopes she needs to see to use her magic. Then Rip can tear her throat out. It'd be nice if Lucy could distract her for a moment so you can do it.
>>
No. 711478 ID: 99a64d

But, like, why though? I mean, demons are cool and all, but why use them to create a hellish wasteland? Think of all the cool stuff you could do with an army of demons! You could enforce world peace, or force them to play blood sports, or make them labor in coal mines kickstarting the industrial revolution and allowing for the eventual creation of TV and videogames! Hellish wastelands are boring. Plus taking over the world makes basically everyone else in the world your enemy, which kinda sucks. I mean, hell, I threw a bowl of soup at your face and managed to knock you out. (sorry about that btw). I think you're severely overestimating how hard it would be for someone to assassinate you. Plus this whole ritual is suspicious af, why does the sacrifice have to be a lizard? It's quite likely that there will be some trick to this, like a loophole where the demons don't have to not murder you unless you explicitly tell them not to or something.

If she seems unfazed by this argument then go ahead and say, "alright, but personally I'd rather just stay home and eat beef soup."
>>
No. 711592 ID: 02422f

>>711473
Okay, so I get what you're doing now (okay no I don't, your crazy), but what changed your opinion of me?
>>
No. 711631 ID: b66b01

>>711592
Are you asking again since Raven wasn't fully listening when the witch said why? >>711465 Or did I accidentally not make it clear? I mean it might not seem like a big reason, but it make sense to the witch.
>>
No. 711637 ID: 02422f

>>711631
I got that she was happy that we jogged her into apparently figuring out her evil ritual, but I'm more wondering why she's suddenly assuming we're a leader, and like her.
>>
No. 711712 ID: 5ad4a7

I just had the best idea. What if we get enough information from Emerald to finish the ritual without magic, kill her, then have Lucy mortally wound Rip so that Raven gets control of the demon swarm?

Assuming the demon swarm can be controlled to not destroy the world, we could rule it with a benevolent iron fist! All it would take is one life.
>>
No. 711714 ID: f56624

>looking a gift horse right into her lunatic demon-summoning mouth

It's like you aren't even genre savvy
don't do this
>>
No. 711958 ID: b66b01
File 145921157166.gif - (29.27KB , 800x600 , 169.gif )
711958

>...huh, what's that Rip's found?

Seems like he's fiddling with some of the ritual tools. Doesn't look like he finding anything helpful...

>Hmm. Trying to kill her will be difficult considering her telekinesis is so powerful. All I can think of is blinding her with your cloak, in the hopes she needs to see to use her magic. Then Rip can tear her throat out. It'd be nice if Lucy could distract her for a moment so you can do it.

I could try...

>what changed your opinion of me?/why is she suddenly assuming we're a leader, and like her.

Raven: "Like you?... What do you mean? Why are you assuming that I'm a leader?"

Emerald: "It's obvious. You arrive, Lucy questions my authority and then you talk to me about things that happened in the past, that only Lucy and I knows. I know you talked to her. And you were trying to steal my minion for yourself! It's clear that you're the one that told her to confront me. She would've never done that on her own! And seems like you used your leadership on the lizard too! He looked pretty surprised when you announced that you were delivering him to me! You must be... quite the leader if you work your magic without even noticing."

>Hellish wasteland doesn't sound very... hospitable. What will she rule over? A civilization of demons? Or will she order the demons to leave people alive? What about food? Water?
>Hellish wastelands are boring.

Raven: "A hellish wasteland doesn't sound like the type of place where you'd have people to rule over. That sounds boring! How are people suppose to live in one? What about food and water?"

Emerald: "I don't know what you imagine an hellish landscape would look like, but I don't blame you to think it would be boring if you think I'm trying to kill everyone in one fell swoop. I'd obviously allow some people to hide and make underground communities to make some more demon fodder! I could even raid one if I get bored!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "But, like, why though? I mean, demons are cool and all, but why use them to create a hellish wasteland? Think of all the cool stuff you could do with an army of demons! You could enforce world peace, or force them to play blood sports, or make them labor in coal mines."

Emerald: "World Peace is overrated, and I can still do those other things afterward! You think I won't ride them or make them fight for my amusement?"
>>
No. 711959 ID: b66b01
File 145921157652.gif - (28.86KB , 800x600 , 170.gif )
711959

>Plus this whole ritual is suspicious af, why does the sacrifice have to be a lizard? It's quite likely that there will be some trick to this, like a loophole where the demons don't have to not murder you unless you explicitly tell them not to or something.

Raven: "Don't you think that this ritual sounds suspicious? Why does the sacrifice have to be a lizard?"

Emerald is getting less jovial and more defensive.

Emerald: "I already told you! Whoever built this had something against reptilians! Or there is something about their blood properties, or their scales. That's just one of the things on the list!"

Raven: "But what if the demons can kill you unless you tell them not to first? They'll kill you as they get out!"

Emerald: "The ritual is made to bind the demons to the one who performs the ritual by blood! That's the whole point of the ritual! Why would anyone make a portal that kills the performers when it opens?! Ever cooked? You wouldn't question that a pie recipe might make a cake!"

Raven: "It has to be some sort of trick..."

She clenches her teeth.

Emerald: "It isn't!"
>>
No. 711960 ID: b66b01
File 145921158253.gif - (29.04KB , 800x600 , 171.gif )
711960

>Dialogue

Raven: "Also, taking over the world makes basically everyone else in the world your enemy, which kinda sucks. I mean, hell, I threw a bowl of soup at your face and managed to knock you out Sorry about that by the way. I think you're severely overestimating how hard it would be for someone to assassinate you."

Emerald: "And YOU're underestimating how awesome demons would be as body guard! You only threw that bowl at me apology accepted because you got a lucky shot while I had my guard down! And everyone in the world is already my enemy! The difference, once I open this portal, is that they'll have a reason to hate me then!"

Emerald is getting a bit agitated.
>>
No. 711963 ID: 211d83

"I don't think its a bad idea. Demons would be neat and ravaging the world would be pretty cool."

"So yeah lets go for it."

Then act all excited for a bit but then get a horrified look on your face.

"But what if some lizards built this as a trap a long time ago? I mean if it worked like it says it does wouldn't we have demons all over already? Maybe its a trap to lure in mages so it can steal there powers? We should work out a test to make sure its not going to kill you the second you activate it.

You need to lure her into a situation where you can knock her out at close range before she can magic you.
>>
No. 711966 ID: 99a64d

If she's angry and focused on you she'll be good and distracted, especially if she assumes she's safe and secure. Cower a bit, and act apologetic, "I'm sorry, I just figured you might rather stay home and eat beef soup!"
>>
No. 711967 ID: 15a025

>And everyone in the world is already my enemy!

"Why's that?"
>>
No. 711979 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711960
Why do they hate you? You don't seem so bad when you're not trying to kill me.
>>
No. 711982 ID: 343b23

Plus these demon contracts always have loophole that backfire.
>>
No. 712197 ID: b66b01
File 145929592276.gif - (28.70KB , 800x600 , 172.gif )
712197

>Dialogue

Raven: "Why do they hate you? You don't seem so bad when you're not trying to kill me."

Emerald: "W-? Y-yeah! I don't know! They're the bad ones! I knew all this time that they were wrong!"

Seems like I caught her off guard a bit.

>Dialogue

"I don't think it's a bad idea. Demons would be neat and ravaging the world would be pretty cool. S-so yeah, lets go for it!"

Emerald takes a step back and is now focusing on her breathing for a couple of seconds. I also hear a faint shuffling sound behind me but I'm not sure. After a glance, I spot nothing.

Emerald: "Yeah! Yeah! Of course it is!"
>>
No. 712198 ID: b66b01
File 145929592785.gif - (22.66KB , 800x600 , 173.gif )
712198

Raven: "But what if some lizards built this as a trap a long time ago? Maybe its a trap to lure in mages so it can steal their powers? I mean if it worked like it says it does, wouldn't we have demons all over already?

Emerald: "No one has opened the portal before because no one had the spine to do it before! You see the scorch mark on the wall where the portal is? I tried to clean that and it never went away! I covered it with bricks and the new brick got scorched over night! I even tied a prisoner over it over night and know what happened? She turned into a burnt up skeleton! And I'm sure you've seen the blue rocks in this room? I tried moving them and breaking them, but they are as persistent as a the scorch marks. Even the one up there just floats if I remove everything around them. And my green bricks just cracks overtime when I try to built them around the old rocks! Especially around the portal!"

Emerald: "You see, the people who were there before me have tried to open this portal. But reading the documents they didn't burn, it was obvious they didn't have the stomach for it. It's vague as to why specifically they aborted the ritual, but I know from the writing that they were shaking in their boots! And that's where I would succeed. I know I want to open this portal."

Raven: "We should work out a test to make sure its not going to kill you the second you activate it."

Emerald: "We don't have to. If you are somehow right, since I'm obviously right, then I don't mind dying."
>>
No. 712199 ID: b66b01
File 145929593329.gif - (28.12KB , 800x600 , 174.gif )
712199

I hear hooves behind me. I turn and Lucy is there. She's looking hurt, angry and defeated.
>>
No. 712200 ID: b66b01
File 145929593965.gif - (23.68KB , 800x600 , 175.gif )
712200

Emerald: "Oh Lucy! Come to oppose me yet again?"

There is a pause. Lucy is looking down. Once she makes eye contact with Emerald she speaks.

Lucy: "No. I know I can't do anything. Even when I t-thought I had help-... I'll just do what you ask me to..."

Emerald: "Say that you're weak."

Lucy looks back down and hesitate.

Lucy: "... I'm weak."

Emerald: "And don't you ever forget it again. Now. I'm sure you've met my new associate. She will be helping us open this portal. You do as she says!"

Lucy: "I already was..."

Emerald: "Go stand next to the lizard and make sure he's not doing anything suspicious. You don't need to since he has a collar, but let's pretend that you're useful!"
>>
No. 712204 ID: 15a025

>You don't need to since he has a collar, but let's pretend that you're useful!

Oh now that's just cold. Told Emerald she needs to be more nice to Lucy if she wants your help.
>>
No. 712206 ID: 99a64d

Ya know what? Fuck it. This demon summoning plan doesn't seem so bad. Sure, it's horribly dangerous, but sometimes in life you have to take risks. Plus, if it really does go wrong then the most likely one to die is Emerald, in which case; we win! And sure, it would turn this world into a hellish wasteland, but this world was already pretty shit to begin with. All those petty lords fighting meaningless battles and causing nothing but suffering. Why not sacrifice this world to create a new one? Rip will have to die, but he's a criminal anyway, and what's one life in the face of ULTIMATE POWER? The demons will, unfortunately, be bound to Emerald, but she's easy enough to manipulate.

I think we can do this! To rule the world is quite a step up from living in squander whilst wandering the desert, no?

Continue to give Rip meaningful looks, but never say the code word.
>>
No. 712238 ID: 5ad4a7

Don't give into temptation.

While Emerald is distracted by preparing the ritual, whisper to Lucy the plan to attack with the code phrase. Then at some point, ask Emerald about her cooking. Maybe try pissing her off again by insulting it. Finish off by saying you'd rather have beef soup. Then attack her yourself at the same time as the other two, by trying to peck out her eyes.

Alternatively if there's a loose rock anywhere you could just wait until Emerald has her back turned and throw it to knock her out, just like before.
>>
No. 712247 ID: 1cebc8

Will someone TAKEDOWN THE SUMMONER before she completes the ritual?! Lucy, STOP HER!
>>
No. 712513 ID: b66b01
File 145937709255.gif - (29.70KB , 800x600 , 176.gif )
712513

Lucy takes place next the Rip.

>Tell Emerald she needs to be more nice to Lucy if she wants your help.

Raven: "You know, if you want Lucy to help you, you should-"
>>
No. 712514 ID: b66b01
File 145937709978.gif - (29.59KB , 800x600 , 177.gif )
712514

Lucy grabs Rip.
>>
No. 712515 ID: b66b01
File 145937710431.gif - (21.67KB , 800x600 , 178.gif )
712515

Rip: "AAAAHHH-"
>>
No. 712516 ID: b66b01
File 145937710989.gif - (28.55KB , 800x600 , 179.gif )
712516

Rip: "-OOF"
Emerald: "GAAAH"
>>
No. 712517 ID: b66b01
File 145937711318.gif - (15.33KB , 800x600 , 180.gif )
712517

UMM!
>>
No. 712518 ID: b66b01
File 145937711949.gif - (23.58KB , 800x600 , 181.gif )
712518

Lucy is in front of me and is pulling back her fist.
>>
No. 712535 ID: f56624

>>712518
"Please don't"

lucy is going to feel really bad when/if she realizes this was a bluff to stall for time
>>
No. 712540 ID: 5ad4a7

>>712518
Tell her you're on her side, then go make sure Emerald won't be getting up.
>>
No. 712542 ID: 02422f

>>712518
I was stalling her, and I surrender!
>>
No. 712560 ID: 99a64d

YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE, THE OPERATION HAS ALREADY BEGUN! YOU HAVE TO KILL EMERALD RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR YOU WILL ALL FUCKING DIE! Dive away from her fist and start choking Emerald with all of your strength.
>>
No. 712561 ID: f6442a

Duck to the right!
>>
No. 712634 ID: 5ad4a7

...do we even need to say the code phrase now?
>>
No. 712643 ID: 8371c4

she just wants to give us a fist bump we should reciprocate and bump back
>>
No. 712644 ID: 15a025

Sadly, we must kill emerald. If only she wasn't a crazy psycho witch.
>>
No. 712670 ID: c22069

"AHHH! Don't hit me, I was stalling for time!"

Duck away so Lucy doesn't accidentally punch a fist through all of your delicate bird bones.

As much as I think we should just geek the mage right away, its probably not a great idea to do it in the vicinity of the "ANCIENT DEVICE of RITUAL BLOOD MAGIC & VIOLENCE".

Tell Lucy we need to restrain Emerald, Grab Rip, and get everyone out of this chamber. Tie up and gag the Witch, wrap her up in your robes and her apron if you have to. You can decide what to do with her after you all get out of here.
>>
No. 712689 ID: 38cb3f

Duck!
>>
No. 712769 ID: b66b01
File 145946803279.gif - (28.92KB , 800x600 , 182.gif )
712769

>Dive away from her fist
>Duck to the right!
>Duck!
>Duck away so Lucy doesn't accidentally punch a fist through all of your delicate bird bones.

I quickly move to my right while trying to keep low. Lucy's fist misses my head by a feather, which I see now that she was aiming for my stomach.

>Buncha Dialogue

Raven: "AHHHDon'thitmeIwasstallingfortimePleasedon'tI'monyoursideIsurrender!"

Lucy pauses for a moment, not sure how to take this revelation.
>>
No. 712770 ID: b66b01
File 145946803746.gif - (30.02KB , 800x600 , 183.gif )
712770

>go make sure Emerald won't be getting up.
>start choking Emerald with all of your strength.
>Sadly, we must kill emerald.
>its probably not a great idea to do it in the vicinity of the "ANCIENT DEVICE of RITUAL BLOOD MAGIC & VIOLENCE". Tell Lucy we need to restrain Emerald, Grab Rip, and get everyone out of this chamber.

I turn to Emerald and Rip to see what is going on with them. It looks like Rip was knocked unconscious. Emerald on the other hand looks like she got the wind knock out of her, but is still conscious.

Emerald: "Wh- what? S-stalling?"

Raven: "Lucy, please, we have to restrain her, get Rip and get out of here!"

Lucy hesitates for a fraction of a second but realizes that time isn't really on our side while Emerald is still loose and gets to Emerald. Luckily, with Rip unconscious on top of Emerald and her still being woozy, Emerald doesn't look like she can do much magic.
>>
No. 712771 ID: b66b01
File 145946804294.gif - (29.41KB , 800x600 , 184.gif )
712771

>wrap her up in your robes and her apron if you have to.

I remove my robe and give it to Lucy.

Raven: "Here Lucy, use this to wrap her up."

Lucy quickly wraps Emerald in my robe before she regains enough bearings to fight back. She then lifts Emerald on her shoulder.

Emerald: "Lucy? Lucy, you... milk bag..."

Lucy: "... Do you think you can carry the lizard?"

How should I bring him along?
>>
No. 712775 ID: 99a64d

Get Lucy to punch Emerald in the head until she falls unconscious. There's a chance she'l die from the trauma, but that's a risk we need to take to make sure she doesn't try anything.
>>
No. 712776 ID: 99a64d

>>712775
Oh, and don't bother bringing Rip if it'll slow you down, we need to get Emerald safely disposed of as quickly as possible. We can just come back and get him if need be.
>>
No. 712780 ID: 211d83

Have Lucy thump the bag on the ground a few times. Who knows what sort of magic Emerald can still pull off while in there. Get her knocked out if you can.

Then you can carry which ever one is lighter while Lucy carries the other.
>>
No. 712781 ID: 1cebc8

You and Lucy can hold Rip together. Just get out as soon as possible.
>>
No. 712786 ID: f56624

>>712771
"Emerald there are people I like here and I don't really want them getting killed by someone who just professed a desire to have underlings kill each other for sport. Maybe try not being so murderous in the future."
THEN have her

er

...anaesthetized.
>>
No. 712992 ID: c22069

Find something to gag Emerald with, like her hat or just knock her out. That should keep her from using any verbal or somatic spells now that shes tied up.

As for Rip, see if you can rouse him first. But if you can't, ask if Lucy can help support him between the two of you whilst shoulder carrying Emerald like a sack of potatoes.
>>
No. 712995 ID: 7b7ab3

>>712786
>anaesthetized
I'd rather see her euthanized.

Can we throw together some kind of rudimentary stretcher to carry Rip on?
>>
No. 713007 ID: 5ad4a7

>>712771
Just kinda have him slumped on your back, arms around your shoulders. Hold onto his arms to carry him. It'll be tough but we can get him out of the room at least.

Don't forget to get his sword. Wherever it went off to.
>>
No. 713365 ID: b66b01
File 145963896367.gif - (29.16KB , 800x600 , 185.gif )
713365

>Get Lucy to punch Emerald in the head until she falls unconscious.
>Who knows what sort of magic Emerald can still pull off while in there. Get her knocked out if you can.
>Find something to gag Emerald with, like her hat or just knock her out.

Raven: "I think we should knock her out. Who knows what kind of magic she can still pull off while in there."

Lucy: "Me, that's who knows. She always needs her arms or even body motion for anything strong. Don't worry, I can handle her... I just never did..."

Emerald seems that have said something but said it so weakly that I didn't understand what she said.

>Dialogue

Well, might as well tell her this...

Raven: "Emerald there are people I like here and I don't really want them getting killed by someone who just professed a desire to have underlings kill each other for sport. Maybe try not being so murderous in the future."

Emerald: "Like I care what anyone else wants... You're all the same..."

She seems defeated.
>>
No. 713366 ID: b66b01
File 145963896923.gif - (25.28KB , 800x600 , 186.gif )
713366

>see if you can rouse Rip first.

I turn my attention to Rip. Before trying to lift him up, I try to see if I can wake him up. I try to give small slaps to his face.

Raven: "Hey, Rip, wake up."

He mumbles. I try shaking him a bit.

Rip: "Whu?! Aagh!... What happened?"

Raven: "You were a flying lizard, but your inexperience showed."

Rip: "... I vaguely remember."

I help Rip up. He seems to still be gathering his bearings. Lucy must have thrown him pretty hard. I put his arm around my neck to help him walk around.
>>
No. 713367 ID: b66b01
File 145963897640.gif - (36.15KB , 800x600 , 187.gif )
713367

>Don't forget to get his sword. Wherever it went off to.

Both the sword and ax were floating in the air. Emerald's way to play keep-away I guess. They fell on the ground when Rip crashed into Emerald. Lucy is already getting her axe and looking at the sword as if she's trying to figure out how she could pick it up as well. I approach and do my best to pick it up.

Lucy: "Alright, you got it..."

We move toward the stairs.

Emerald starts talking to Lucy in a gentle voice.

Emerald: "This can't be it, after all these years. Lucy, please. Why are you doing this to me. Why are you acting so mean? Aren't you suppose to be nice? Don't you even feel a little bit of remorse about what you're doing here?"

Lucy looks a bit pained.
>>
No. 713369 ID: 211d83

Don't let her get to you Lucy. Best case she started out as a nice girl who was corrupted by something down here.

Worst case she is great at pretending to be nice and never cared about you.

Either way I would rather not be stuck in a world crawling with demons. So lets get out of here and we can decide what to do with her later.
>>
No. 713373 ID: 5ad4a7

>>713367
She could say the same to you, Emerald. Did you forget what you said to her that enraged her enough to attack you?
>>
No. 713376 ID: 7b7ab3

>>713367
"You, who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff!"
-Optimus Prime
>>
No. 713380 ID: 99a64d

See? This is why I said we should knock her out, she's a dangerous person, even her words are dangerous. It's unlikely she'll be able to pull anything from inside of that sack but you never know, we really shouldn't be taking that chance, this is incredibly reckless.
>>
No. 713385 ID: 1cebc8

Knock the 8!+(# out.
>>
No. 713404 ID: f56624

>>713385
Don't knock her out, jesus christ

don't stoop to her level and we might be able to get her into some therapy or something to get her to stop being so evil.

Seriously man, attempted genocide's not cool no matter what your background is, cmon.
>>
No. 713476 ID: 99a64d

>>713404
If we take mercy on her and she manages to kill anyone then their blood is on our hands. Mercy is for people who aren't incredibly powerful genocidal psychopaths.
>>
No. 713507 ID: c22069

This >>713369
It seems like Emerald is trying to use that weird leadership power she talked about before. Reassure Lucy that she is doing whats right. She is already being merciful enough in choosing to take non-lethal methods to stop Emerald from bringing harm to herself and others.
>>
No. 713557 ID: b66b01
File 145970400568.gif - (35.55KB , 800x600 , 188.gif )
713557

>See? This is why I said we should knock her out
>Knock the bitch out.
>If we take mercy on her and she manages to kill anyone then their blood is on our hands.
>don't stoop to her level and we might be able to get her into some therapy or something to get her to stop being so evil.

I very much want to knock her out and shut her up now that she's trying to make Lucy feel bad, but I also wonder if that wouldn't make me closer to what Emerald is. Into what I don't want to be... Maybe there are other ways to stop an evil person?

>Dialogue

Raven: "She could say the same to you, Emerald. Did you forget what you said to her that enraged her enough to attack you?"

Emerald: "I was speaking professionally! Socially, We're pals! Right Lucy?"

Lucy doesn't respond. But her expression is less pained and more controlled anger.

>Dialogue
>Reassure Lucy that she is doing whats right.

Raven: "Don't let her get to you, Lucy. Best case, she started out as a nice girl who was corrupted by something down here. Worst case, she is great at pretending to be nice and never cared about you. Either way I would rather not be stuck in a world crawling with demons. So lets get out of here and we can decide what to do with her later. You're doing the right thing."

Lucy's emotions are mixed. I detect a hint of confusion and a smile among them. But she's instantly sadden once Emerald starts to weep.
>>
No. 713586 ID: 99a64d

Seriously, just knock her out! Your other option is for this to turn into a battle to see who is better at manipulating Lucy, and then you really would have to become more like Emerald.
>>
No. 713592 ID: 9517c5

cease
just gag her then
holy fuck
>>
No. 713597 ID: c22069

If we really do have Leadership powers, maybe we can use them on Emerald to give her an intervention or impromptu therapy session?

Start out by asking Emerald some questions, something like "Why all of this?" and "Why do you think everyone is your enemy?". Is she trying to prove something?

If we can find out what her real issues are, it should at least give us a better scope on how to deal with her.
>>
No. 713602 ID: 99a64d

>>713586
She is a scholar and a manipulator, her brain is her most powerful asset. If you keep letting her use it she's going to find a way to take advantage of it. Do not forget that she has the blood of many a hapless wanderer like yourself on her hands, their souls will not rest until she is brought to justice.You would have to be helplessly naiive or downright stupid to believe that she would not kill you gleefully if given the chance, and make no mistake, by leaving her conscious you are giving her a chance. You must ask yourself this; who is worse, the murderer, or the fool that lets her get away with it.
>>
No. 713607 ID: 5ad4a7

>>713557
Okay what the hell Emerald, why are you crying now? I think we really need to get the rest of her backstory.
>>
No. 713608 ID: 9517c5

>>713597
as the only sane option noted so far, I vote this.
murder is a LAST resort.
>>
No. 713650 ID: b66b01
File 145972435931.gif - (20.50KB , 800x600 , 189.gif )
713650

>Seriously, just knock her out!
>just gag her then

I still have thoughts about shutting her up physically. But part of me also want to ask her things. I can't really ask questions to an unconscious person...

>Start out by asking Emerald some questions, something like "Why all of this?" and "Why do you think everyone is your enemy?". Is she trying to prove something?

Rip starts to move away from me. He seems to be doing better and probably and rightfully thinks we can handle the stairs better apart than holding onto each other.

Raven: "Emerald, why do you want to do all this? Why do you think everyone is against you?"

Emerald: "*sniff* Are you serious? Every one here is against me! I don't think that everyone is against me, I know so!"

Raven: "We acted against you because of the things you were trying to do to us. If you were nicer, we would be nicer to you too!"

Emerald: "I w-were nice to you when we first met! You threw a bowl at me!"

Raven: "You gave me some pretty convincing hints that you were planning something! Lucy vouched for my guts, and you then confirmed it when you came back to!"

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "Just tell us."

Emerald: "... *sob*"

Lucy: "... Do you think you have much to lose, witch? You might as well tell us."
>>
No. 713651 ID: b66b01
File 145972436427.gif - (16.89KB , 800x600 , 190.gif )
713651

Emerald: "Raaagh! When I was younger, I was learning magic and not only did people didn't want to be my friend, they went out of their ways to kick me when I was down! Everyone turned their backs on me and criticized anything I wanted to do with magic. I knew no one would ever like anything I ever do so I decided to do anything and everything! That's it! Happy?"
>>
No. 713657 ID: c22069

Ask Emerald what kind of stuff she was trying to do with magic back then. Say that you won't make fun of or judge her for it. (That is, as long as it doesn't involve hurting people.)
>>
No. 713667 ID: 5ad4a7

>>713651
That's it? She was going to destroy the world out of spite? Tell Emerald you're sorry for her rough upbringing but she's got problems. What kind of magic was she learning back then, anyway? We've seen her use telekinesis.

You know, I can think of one merciful fate for her. Weaken her magic permanently somehow and Lucy can be her caretaker. Maybe by keeping her tied up or in manacles or, at the extreme, cutting off her hands? She can't be allowed to kidnap, murder and torture people anymore, and I doubt she can be reformed enough to be trusted with freedom.
>>
No. 713691 ID: f56624

>>713651
"That sounds pretty messed up, I'm sorry you had to go through that as a kid.
...I meant what I said earlier though, you really aren't that bad when you're not plotting people's deaths."
>>
No. 713696 ID: 59a537

Point out that if you were entirely against Emerald you could have killed by now and that probably would have been safer. Say that you would rather not kill her, but right now you don't know if she would attack you again or go back to trying to kill everyone with demons.
>>
No. 713699 ID: 99a64d

Great, so she has a Freudian Excuse, how lovely. I still don't think this changes anything. Hell, even if she really is rehabilitatable she's still a serial killer, any just court would give her the death penalty or at least life imprisonment. We really should shut her up before she gets into Lucy's head.
>>
No. 714274 ID: b66b01
File 145998175525.gif - (35.26KB , 800x600 , 191.gif )
714274

Rip: "T-That's it?

>Dialogues

Raven: "That sounds pretty messed up, I'm sorry you had to go through that as a kid. But you got a problem... For what it's worth, I meant what I said earlier, you really aren't that bad when you're not plotting people's deaths."

Emerald: "mrh..."

>Point out that if you were entirely against Emerald you could have killed by now and that probably would have been safer. Say that you would rather not kill her, but right now you don't know if she would attack you again or go back to trying to kill everyone with demons.

Raven: "I'm not entirely against you Emerald. I could have killed you by now and it would have been the safer route. But I would rather not kill you. Although, I don't know if you'll attack me again or go back to summoning demons to kill everyone..."

Emerald: "... I'm sick of everyone having such a good time with each others. I never had that growing up or ever in my life. And for what reason? Because I was spawned? I've been nice and it doesn't work."

>Ask Emerald what kind of stuff she was trying to do with magic back then. Say that you won't make fun of or judge her for it. (That is, as long as it doesn't involve hurting people.)

Raven: "What kind of stuff were you doing with magic back then? I won't make fun of you or judge you for it as long as it didn't involve hurting anyone."

Emerald: "I don't know! It's been forever! Nothing ambitious compared to what I've done once I started real experiments. They were still too out of the box thinking type magic for the schools I guess..."

>What kind of magic was she learning back then, anyway? We've seen her use telekinesis.

Raven: "What kind of magic were you learning? I know you have telekinesis and you can make those solid objects with different properties."

Emerald frowns.

Emerald: "... I was trying to learn everything. Obviously I was better at certain things than others... Why do you care?"
>>
No. 714282 ID: 5ad4a7

>>714274
>why do you care?
Curious, and a little concerned about what she can do that we haven't seen. Looks like she needs her hands free to cast anything, though.

...is there any way to make someone immune to her magic? Or a way for her to give up her magic, irreversibly? Like via some kind of magically-binding contract?
>>
No. 714285 ID: c22069

>Why do you care?
Hey, someone has to care, right? (statistically at least)
Anyways, trying to learn everything? That sounds like a pretty tall order. What with no one wanting wanting to give her the time of day, It must have been tough huh?
>>
No. 714289 ID: c22069

>>714282
A Curse or a Binding might work, but we would probably have to hit up Emeralds research lab and maybe hope Raven is a secret magic genius.
But for now I think if we are still trying to help Lucy with her Life Debt conundrum there are a couple direct solutions.
1: Continue to talk Emerald down to a point where she no longer wants to murder everyone with demons and/or continue to do bad things.
2: Remove the demon portal from the equation by sealing the chamber in anyway way possible, like collapsing/exploding the mountain or something.
>>
No. 714292 ID: 99a64d

I'm just curious about you, I want to know how you managed to fall to this level.

We need to fish for as much information as we can without tipping her off to what we're doing. Right now I think we might be able to get away with cutting off her hands and keeping her under loose supervision, but if she can cast with her legs or something that won't be an option. We might be able to rehabilitate her, we'll have to probe more, but I think it's unlikely, and letting her go unpunished doesn't sit right with me. I still think a just execution is the right course of action, but it's apparent that I'm in the minority, so I'll just advise us to be very cautious.
>>
No. 714569 ID: b66b01
File 146007060413.gif - (32.09KB , 800x600 , 192.gif )
714569

>...is there any way to make someone immune to her magic? Or a way for her to give up her magic, irreversibly? Like via some kind of magically-binding contract?

I would imagine so. Otherwise, how else would you put a magic user in prison? Well unless they do what we did and bind them.

>Curious
>Hey, someone has to care, right? (statistically at least)
>I'm just curious about you, I want to know how you managed to fall to this level.

Raven: "Just curious. You had to have gotten the way you are from somewhere right?"

Emerald: "..."

>Dialogue

Raven: "Anyways, trying to learn everything? That sounds like a pretty tall order. What with no one wanting to give you the time of day, it must have been tough huh?"

Tears starts to run down Emerald's cheeks again as she seems to try and hold herself from crying again. Eventually gasping into quiet sobs once she starts breathing again. Whoops, I think I've opened up a wound...

Lucy sighs

Lucy: "So, huh. I'm gonna need help to navigate the desert. I mean, If you think you can point me in the right direction, that's all you need to do. Maybe I could get to a city and turn her in so they could handle her imprisonment?"

Emerald: "OOooohhhhhhhh..."

Rip: "I could guide you. I leave anyway..."
>>
No. 714570 ID: 5ad4a7

>>714569
Good plan, if Rip knows the way we can make our way back to civilization. Maybe she can even get some mental help while in prison. Rehabilitation. Tell Emerald you hope she turns a new leaf. Maybe you'll meet again someday under better circumstances.

...I suppose we'll want to report the existence of the demon gate to an organization that can seal it away?
>>
No. 714572 ID: 99a64d

Are there any institutions for the magically criminally insane? Given medieval attitudes towards these sorts of things, it might be better if we handled her rehabilitation ourselves, but we simply don't have the resources necessary to contain her. I guess we'll just have to hope that the current level of psychological knowledge can fix her, if she's even fixable at all.
>>
No. 714580 ID: 15a025

>How to imprison a magic person
Why, with the powers of a stronger magic person.
>>
No. 714609 ID: f56624

>>714569
Suggest we travel together for a bit. Ask Rip if he has anywhere to be, if not we have the makings of a full adventurer's party here.

Rogue, warrior, mage, and bard (us)
>>
No. 714614 ID: 5ad4a7

It occurs to me that Lucy will probably be thrown in jail too due to several counts of accessory to murder. If we tell her that, she might run away, leaving us to drag Emerald to town, which would be pretty inconvenient.
On the other hand we could just make sure she helps us get Emerald to town then she can leave before turning Emerald in, so that she's not there when charges are filed.
On the other other hand we could tell her nothing, and turn her in alongside Emerald once we have guards present, ensuring she goes to jail. Then she could protect Emerald from other prisoners, I guess, giving her a chance to repay her lifedebt.

To decide, we should ask Lucy if she still wants to repay Emerald for saving her life.
>>
No. 714683 ID: 99a64d

>>714614
Honestly, everyone here except Raven probably deserves jail time, but there's nothing we can do about that.
>>
No. 714686 ID: f56624

hey man

we dont know raven's story just yet

sinner squad might be an option

>reminisce about personal history as the headrush of saving the world suddenly hits you all at once
>>
No. 714819 ID: b66b01
File 146015458489.gif - (13.58KB , 800x600 , 193.gif )
714819

>Are there any institutions for the magically criminally insane?
>Good plan, if Rip knows the way we can make our way back to civilization. Maybe she can even get some mental help while in prison.
>It occurs to me that Lucy will probably be thrown in jail too due to several counts of accessory to murder.
>Honestly, everyone here except Raven probably deserves jail time

Actually... now that I think about it, I'm not sure if any jails would actually take Emerald. It sounds like she's done some horrible things, but she did it all in this desert as far as I know. Villages, Tribes and Kingdoms handle their own justice. Since this desert isn't near any civilization, save for some outskirts, the only people that would get to her is any families or friends her victim would have... Assuming they could even know what happened to their loved ones then find Emerald.

Rip would only be considered a criminal if he wronged the people of certain places. Since he's an adventurer, any wrong doing he might have done could have very well been done outside of civilization and to worst people than him. He has prejudice toward certain people, but I haven't seen him rob or murder an innocent person yet... Although I'll admit that attacking Emerald on a hunch was a bit rash, I also threw a bowl at her...

Lucy has done things... But as far as civilization is concerned, she's off the hook... Well, outside her tribe at least...

Also, I can navigate a little bit, I am an adventurer too! Rip isn't the only one that can get us out of this desert!

>reminisce about personal history as the headrush of saving the world suddenly hits you all at once

[OVERRIDE]

While not having direct control, Raven feels like her past is malleable.

>Suggest we travel together for a bit. Ask Rip if he has anywhere to be, if not we have the makings of a full adventurer's party here. Rogue, warrior, mage, and bard (us)

I'll have to find an instrument to accompany my beautiful caws!

As for leaving, I'm for it. If we're done here. We'll have to make sure everyone has enough water to drink, which should be easy with the water source under the mountain, food to eat and it's best if we rest a bit before leaving.

Rip: "I open the door. Your hands are full."

Lucy: "Ah, thanks. The door might be a bit tough to open."
>>
No. 714826 ID: 5ad4a7

>>714819
If no jails will take her, how will we keep her from escaping justice? Keeping her tied up isn't a permanent solution as she will eventually wiggle out of the restraints. Plus, if she's tied up at all times someone has to tend to her every need.
>>
No. 714833 ID: 02422f

>If no jails will take her, how will we keep her from escaping justice? Keeping her tied up isn't a permanent solution as she will eventually wiggle out of the restraints.
I'm suddenly wondering if you can keep a mage as a slave.
>>
No. 714907 ID: f56624

>>714819
So our only real recourse here is to either kill her (which doesn't feel good) or attempting to rehab the evil wizard, which sounds like a fun time.

I vote the latter.

"What jail would take her? This isn't exactly claimed territory, and I do still feel pretty bad for her in spite of everything. Hm.

...anyone want to form an adventuring party?"
>>
No. 715232 ID: b66b01
File 146023519783.gif - (31.02KB , 800x600 , 194.gif )
715232

>If no jails will take her, how will we keep her from escaping justice?
>So our only real recourse here is to either kill her (which doesn't feel good) or attempting to rehab the evil wizard, which sounds like a fun time

Fun time sounds good! Ah, that was sarcasm wasn't it?

But yes, I would think those are the apparent options. Might as well continue to talk to her until something happens. And the other option can always be a plan B... or Z.

>Dialogue

Raven: "What jail would take her? This isn't exactly claimed territory, and I do still feel pretty bad for her in spite of everything. Hm."

Lucy: "T-they wouldn't? ..."

Rip: "I guess is true."

Rip starts to push the door open without making it budge. Realizing Lucy wasn't exaggerating, he puts more effort into it and the door starts to open slowly.

Raven: "...anyone want to form an adventuring party?"

Emerald: "Ooo, Me! Me! Me! I can totally help you guys if I was untied!"

Lucy: "Q-quiet, witch!... I was just gonna turn the witch in, but even then, I wouldn't have known what I would have done afterward. I guess now I don't have anything to do, so I c-could try."

Rip: "Mghrraah!"

Rip has opened the door.

Rip: "I travel alone. Easy to avoid trouble... Usually."
>>
No. 715236 ID: 211d83

Honestly I would love to have you along for a adventuring party Emerald. If we could trust you.
>>
No. 715261 ID: 99a64d

Y'know, I was (and still am) on the side that she's too far gone to rehabilitate, but if we do form an adventuring party (with or without Rip) Emerald would make an excellent Token Evil Teammate. We just have to make sure that we have some way of reigning her in. Rip can take care of himself, but Emerald and Lucy will definitely need our supervision, going on adventures together sounds like an excellent way to do that.
>>
No. 715343 ID: 59a537

Right now we still have the worry that if we let Emerald go, she might betray us and go back to summoning demons to kill everyone. If she wants to prove she won't do that, maybe she can start by telling us how to undo the her preparations and destroy or at least block access to the portal and the documents describing how to use it. Because if she is really willing to give up on murdering everyone she won't need those anymore, right?
>>
No. 715391 ID: 35151f

>>715232
em i'd be glad to but we still need insurance first. anyone got ideas there? some kind of oath magic or something?
>>
No. 715501 ID: b66b01
File 146031091893.gif - (30.58KB , 800x600 , 195.gif )
715501

>Dialogue

Raven: "Honestly I would love to have you along for a adventuring party Emerald. If we could trust you."

Emerald: "Whaaaat? You can totally trust me! We're friends remember?!"

>If she wants to prove she won't do that, maybe she can start by telling us how to undo the her preparations and destroy or at least block access to the portal and the documents describing how to use it.

Raven: "So that means you'll tell us how to destroy or block access to the portal and the documents describing how to use it?"

Emerald: "Eh- Wait wait, let's not do anything we will regret here. There's no need to do that!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "Because if you are really willing to give up on murdering everyone, you won't need those anymore, right?"

Emerald: "..."

Emerald: "I miiiight..."

Emerald sees that no one's happy about her answer.

Emerald: "Oh come on! How do you expect me to give up on something I've work on for the last 5 or so years?!"
>>
No. 715502 ID: b66b01
File 146031092356.gif - (30.04KB , 800x600 , 196.gif )
715502

Lucy: "Lizard. Can you grab the witch?"

Rip: "Sure. Name is Rip by the way."

Lucy: "Huh, yeah. Mine is Lucy."

Lucy hands Emerald to Rip who hoist's her up the level above. Lucy then steps aside to let me climb first, so I do.
>>
No. 715552 ID: 043183

>>715502
so hows lucy getting up?
>>
No. 715571 ID: c22069

>>715552
She is probably gonna climb up one handed with her axe in tow. She just couldn't go up the ladder with both hands full.

Stick together with Lucy in watching over Emerald while you guys gather up supplies, you can keep chatting while having an extra pair of eyes on her. You might need to make some sheets into wraps for Lucy to help protect her from the sun and sand while you guys travel the desert.
Rip also sounds like he needs more convincing if we want him to join us. Ask him about what he plans to do next after getting out of the desert.
>>
No. 715600 ID: b66b01
File 146032684411.gif - (28.41KB , 800x600 , 197.gif )
715600

>so hows lucy getting up?
>She is probably gonna climb up one handed with her axe in tow. She just couldn't go up the ladder with both hands full.

I would think that is right.


We're now at the tower's entrance.

Raven: "Alright. Before we try and cross the desert, we'll need food, water and rest a bit before we go."

Lucy: "We can get water under the mountain. For food, there's a room in one of the hallways. I can gather those."

Rip: "I have to get my gear from the mountain."

Lucy: "It's in the drawer in my room."

>Stick together with Lucy in watching over Emerald while you guys gather up supplies, you can keep chatting while having an extra pair of eyes on her.

Raven: "I guess we're all going to the mountain!"

>Rip also sounds like he needs more convincing if we want him to join us. Ask him about what he plans to do next after getting out of the desert.

Raven: "By the way, Rip, what are you planning to do once we get out of the desert?"

Rip: "Might wander. But most likely maybe take break."
>>
No. 715629 ID: b66b01

Disthread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html[/spoiler]
>>
No. 715630 ID: b66b01

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html
>>
No. 715640 ID: 59a537

I think that one way or another we should do what we can to destroy Emerald's portal research and preparations before we go. Even if not Emerald, someone will eventually find that stuff if we leave it just lying around.
(And I don't think we should say it in front of Emerald, but when she won't tell us how to disable the portal prep she is obviously lying about not wanting to kill us. I don't see how we would ever be able to trust her, so I am not leaning towards killing her. Leaving her un-watched is a super bad idea, but maybe we can have Rip watch her for a bit while we discuss this with Lucy out of her earshot.)
>>
No. 715667 ID: 5ad4a7

Well, if we can't put Emerald in jail... are there any insane asylums?
>>
No. 715721 ID: c22069

What are the Local Regions surrounding the desert like? Does Rip have a map with his gear or a particular destination in mind?
If possible you or Rip should explore behind the fallen rocks in the mountain tunnel.
>>
No. 715895 ID: b66b01
File 146041889753.gif - (29.32KB , 800x600 , 198.gif )
715895

We start making our way towards the mountain.
>>
No. 715896 ID: b66b01
File 146041890403.gif - (23.10KB , 800x600 , 199.gif )
715896

>Well, if we can't put Emerald in jail... are there any insane asylums?

Is this some kind of other jail?

>What are the Local Regions surrounding the desert like?

I'm not sure about all directions since it's the first time I've been in this desert. But South of here, where I arrived here from, are forests and fields after some barren flatlands. There's a couple of villages, towns and cities. Most important one would be Khane.

>Does Rip have a map with his gear or a particular destination in mind?

Raven: "Rip, does your gear include a map?"

Rip: "No. I mostly just have sneaking clothes. Some throwing knives, lockpicks, canteen..."

Raven: "Were you heading anywhere in particular?"

Rip: "Depend. If I take break, I may go back to village. Or Smoothcrest. Otherwise, I do not know."

If my navigational skills are correct, the closest outskirt from here would be somewhere north-east-east from here. That's where I would head if I was trying to leave the desert. I know there are some small villages near the outskirts, but I'll admit that I didn't really memorized where they were. Part of being an adventurer is exploring at your own leisure. You could use a map and just follow it everywhere, but most adventurers prefer not doing that. Which explains Rip's lack of map or destination if he decides to continue his travels.
>>
No. 715967 ID: 35151f

>>715896
Mountains then? Man it occurs to me nobody here knows where they are, we're super fucked.
>>
No. 715974 ID: 5ad4a7

An insane asylum, as in, a mental hospital. With means of restraining dangerous patients.
>>
No. 716308 ID: b66b01
File 146058876677.gif - (14.86KB , 800x600 , 200.gif )
716308

Awkward Transtion!

Yes. Transtion. I misspelled it and by the time I noticed, I couldn't bother fixing it. This thread is getting long so instead of having an ending for the next part, I'm just gonna cut it here.

Go here for part 2: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/716306.html
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password