[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 705639)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 145651558419.jpg - (57.79KB , 900x297 , FQI00.jpg )
705639 No. 705639 ID: 1ed605

Chapter 01: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/605439.html

Chapter 02: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/623897.html

Chapter 03: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/648665.html

Discussion/meta Thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/87374.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 705640 ID: 1ed605
File 145651586143.jpg - (63.37KB , 800x550 , FQI01.jpg )
705640

The young cyclop swings the treetrunk again, as the soldier step back from the tent he is protecting.

The raid into the Cyclops encampment has been a success. Most of them have already fled, leaving their supplies behind. But the young cyclop has put on a tremendous fight, moved by a iron determination in protecting his tent and whatever is inside.
>>
No. 705641 ID: 1ed605
File 145651600235.jpg - (98.61KB , 1000x500 , FQI02.jpg )
705641

Soldier: "What the hell is up with this one? The other ones haven't been so difficult!"

You yell at them for their incompetence, and order them to step back and let you handle this.

You had enough of these monsters invading your precious country.
>>
No. 705642 ID: 1ed605
File 145651628141.jpg - (67.97KB , 800x600 , FQI03.jpg )
705642

You strengthen your grasp on the Grimdoom's Hammer. Passed to you by your father.

The cyclop roars and readies his treetrunk.

You steel yourself, trying to decide how to approach the beast. A single swing of that treetrunk would crush your skull, even if it is protected by your family's magic armor.
>>
No. 705643 ID: 99a64d

Try to wear him down with repeated blows to the arms.
>>
No. 705645 ID: 3663d3

dodge and attack his fingers. if he cannot hold the tree, he cannot hit you with it.
>>
No. 705646 ID: b2fcbe

>>705642
Taking a direct hit is not a good idea. Go for the legs and the hands, but don't overcommit. Try verbally taunting him into swinging wildly or hard, then counter-attack by breaking his hands.

Order your men to search the tent afterwards - if the cyclops isn't down, he'll spring up and try to defend it, which will give you an opportunity to smash him to pieces.
>>
No. 705667 ID: bb78f2

Well, you're SUPPOSED to climb on it and attack its eye while everyone else is distracting it.

One on one? Feint so it attacks where you're not, then smack its hand. THEN climb on it and smack it in the eye.
>>
No. 705670 ID: 5ad4a7

>>705642
It's protecting family or something. Maybe you can negotiate, and tell it you will give it enough time to gather what it is protecting and leave.
>>
No. 705686 ID: b17b81

Have someone go around him to cut a hole in the back of the tent while you keep the ogre busy. Tire him out, keep on the defensive. Go for the hands if you get a clear shot, but most importantly keep yourself alive. If your goal is just to have them flee/for you to take their stuff, then getting into a straight up fight with something more than 3 times your size is a terrible idea.
>>
No. 705690 ID: c45b7e

>>705642
Pull back, if it will only defend the tent, it will not approach you. Try to communicate?
>>
No. 706573 ID: da3774
File 145687185358.jpg - (69.59KB , 700x600 , FQI04.jpg )
706573

>dodge and attack his fingers. if he cannot hold the tree, he cannot hit you with it.

>Try to wear him down with repeated blows to the arms.

>Taking a direct hit is not a good idea. Go for the legs and the hands, but don't overcommit. Try verbally taunting him into swinging wildly or hard, then counter-attack by breaking his hands.

>One on one? Feint so it attacks where you're not, then smack its hand. THEN climb on it and smack it in the eye.

You prepare for his swing and then quickly dodge his clumsy attack
>>
No. 706574 ID: da3774
File 145687194186.jpg - (58.37KB , 600x550 , FQI05.jpg )
706574

You then hit his hands with a quick blow.

The first hit makes the Cyclop drop his weapon.

The second and third break his left wrist and right arm.

The fourth one is just to inflict as much damage as you can.
>>
No. 706578 ID: da3774
File 145687205308.jpg - (49.50KB , 800x500 , FQI06.jpg )
706578

Another blow breaks his knee, and he falls on the ground.

The last one is straight into his eye, to crack his skull and kill him.

You take a second or two to let the other soldier understand how it's done. Then you pull the hammer out of the cyclop eyesocket.
>>
No. 706580 ID: da3774
File 145687213517.jpg - (72.85KB , 700x500 , FQI07.jpg )
706580

You stop the soldiers that are about to approach the tent.

You tell them that you'll take care of that yourself, since they have proven to be unreliable.

You enter the tent.
>>
No. 706581 ID: da3774
File 145687220604.jpg - (50.74KB , 750x450 , FQI08.jpg )
706581

Inside the tent, a lonely, old female Cyclop lays in a makeshift bed.

You clutch your hammer, but the creature is clearly not going to fight. She looks sick and too weak to do anything.

But something else hits you.
>>
No. 706584 ID: da3774
File 145687234009.jpg - (39.02KB , 600x350 , FQI09.jpg )
706584

In her eyes, you read resignation, sadness and... pity.

She knows she has outlived her own child. Who was defending her sick mother...

You look deep inside her eye...
>>
No. 706585 ID: da3774
File 145687238158.jpg - (29.51KB , 700x500 , FQI10.jpg )
706585

And then you wake up, gasping for air.
>>
No. 706587 ID: da3774
File 145687261753.jpg - (48.46KB , 600x600 , FQI11.jpg )
706587

> YOU ARE FATHER LUDWIG "PIOUS HAND" GRIMDOOM, OF THE CHURCH OF THE UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

You get up from your bed, still feeling sick and tired.

Haven't had those kind of nightmares in years. You don't even wish to know why they came back...

Your energy has lowered a lot after saving that young goblin mother. If it wasn't for the fortuitous help of the dwarven bard she might have died.

You start washing yourself with cold water. But after that, you'll have to find a way to cover up your debilitation so that the other knights won't notice and get worried.
>>
No. 706589 ID: 5ad4a7

>>706578
Aw man. I guess we couldn't spare him. Majority seemed to be in favor of not killing him.

>>706587
Stamina potion?
>>
No. 706610 ID: 02422f

>you'll have to find a way to cover up your debilitation so that the other knights won't notice and get worried
Pretend as if you came in from an early morning exercise or training session? Your weariness will be less suspicious then.

Have some coffee. Or an orange.

Get your gorgon to stiffen you just enough that you can stand on your feet without exerting effort.
>>
No. 706650 ID: 2ccbb3

Bacon and eggs.

You're in a brothel, go hire someone to cheer you up.
>>
No. 706662 ID: bb78f2

Get some stamina potions, and a good hearty meal.
>>
No. 708805 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787104987.jpg - (54.78KB , 650x600 , FQI12.jpg )
708805

>Get your gorgon to stiffen you just enough that you can stand on your feet without exerting effort.

>You're in a brothel, go hire someone to cheer you up.


You aren't in a brothel. Last time you were there was 2 days ago, and you slept in lady Lapisvisum's room to have enough energy to get back to the temple.

For a moment you think about her. Despite her strong and cheerful attitude she seems to be hiding something. She has an aura of sadness and kindness all around her, and you would not mind getting to talk her more. But you know you should not, one thing is helping someone when asked. Another is forcing yourself in someone's company.
>>
No. 708806 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787125281.jpg - (41.12KB , 600x620 , FQI13.jpg )
708806

>Stamina potion?

>Get some stamina potions, and a good hearty meal.

>Have some coffee. Or an orange.

>Bacon and eggs.

A good breakfast should be a good start. But as you feel so weak, you have to take one of the stamina potions the Charred One gave you.

Urgh. It taste awful.

But as always, his potions are incredibly effective. You don't feel weak anymore.

Someone knocks at the door and you tell them to wait till you are completely dressed.
>>
No. 708807 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787135211.jpg - (56.91KB , 800x550 , FQI14.jpg )
708807

One of the youngest priests tell you that you have a visitor, that she came here and said she needed to talk to you.

You are worried it's again one of the girls from the brothel. Maybe the mother had a complication.

You tell the priest to lead the way to your office.
>>
No. 708808 ID: eb7f9e
File 145787171792.jpg - (57.35KB , 600x600 , FQI15.jpg )
708808

But it's not one of the girls.

It's one of the knights that are stationed at Miner's Rest. You try to recall her name.

Ella Greyarrows. A young elf woman that joined the ranks few years ago.

She looks exhausted and worried. You ask her what happened and why did she leave her post.

Ella: "Brother Grimdoom. I am sorry to inform you that Miner's Rest was attacked. Demons appeared out of nowhere and possessed the sick."

You are taken aback from the revelation.

Ella: "We were outnumbered and our captain fell fighting a FlameHound. Me and my partner were saved by a group of adventurers that were present in the village. They told us that the demons appearing might have been caused by something in the mines and they are going to take care of that."

You imagine she's talking about the Ranidae and the Bard you met few days ago.

Ella: "Sir, There are at least a hundred Demons roaming in that village. We saw at least one Gorger and it was killed, but there might be more. We ran as fast as we could while trying to avoid any contact with the enemy. "

She stops and drinks her tea.

Ella: " I'm afraid they will attack the town soon."
>>
No. 708818 ID: 3663d3

then we must marshal the defenses. get another messenger to send for reinforcements, send people around town to explain what is happening and that they ether leave or stay and fight.
>>
No. 708821 ID: b17b81

Get as much holy water as you can, and get the alchemists to pitch in some useful potions.
>>
No. 708871 ID: 02422f

>Another is forcing yourself in someone's company.
Why do you assume you'd be foisting yourself on her?

If she didn't trust and respect you, she wouldn't come to you for help as often as she does.

>But as you feel so weak, you have to take one of the stamina potions the Charred One gave you.
...when did you first start feeling these weak, and become dependent on his stamina potions? (I'm willing to bet the stamina potions are addictive and/or that the Charred one is the actual source of his problem).

>>708808
Time to marshal the town's defenses. Seal the gates, get people watching the walls, townspeople should seal themselves in their homes or other sanctuaries, while soldiers and knights of the order take up positions.
>>
No. 708874 ID: 2ccbb3

Set up your defenses accordingly. You'll want chemical weapons that are effective against demonic enemies.

Evacuate the town and send the stragglers to a safe bunker. Let them carry as much as they need, just warn the civilians closest to the mines first.
>>
No. 708902 ID: 5ad4a7

>>708808
Then we need to fortify the town, and get the civilians out of danger.

(hmm, I bet miss Gorgon will be effective against the demons!)
>>
No. 709913 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824397898.jpg - (103.21KB , 600x600 , FQI16.jpg )
709913

>Why do you assume you'd be foisting yourself on her?
>If she didn't trust and respect you, she wouldn't come to you for help as often as she does.

True, but you always have the feeling that both of you are hiding something and since you are also part of the church you are not allowed to have actual relationship without the consensus of the high bishops. And you are sure they would not approve of you keeping company to a lady of the night.

>...when did you first start feeling these weak, and become dependent on his stamina potions? (I'm willing to bet the stamina potions are addictive and/or that the Charred one is the actual source of his problem).

You are not dependent by them, but you have used those before when you started treating the young goblin mother. The enchantments of the flame are powerful but they exact a lot from your own body.


>Then we need to fortify the town, and get the civilians out of danger.

>then we must marshal the defenses. get another messenger to send for reinforcements, send people around town to explain what is happening and that they ether leave or stay and fight.

>Evacuate the town and send the stragglers to a safe bunker. Let them carry as much as they need, just warn the civilians closest to the mines first.

You call all the priests that can hear you and start giving order. To wake up the younger knights and send them to rally the population and warn the city guards and the nobles. The more experienced ones need to get ready in case demons arrive before the time.

This town will not fall in the hands of demons!
>>
No. 709914 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824407171.jpg - (88.19KB , 650x600 , FQI17.jpg )
709914

>Set up your defenses accordingly. You'll want chemical weapons that are effective against demonic enemies.

>Get as much holy water as you can, and get the alchemists to pitch in some useful potions.

You tell the other priests that you'll get to talk to the alchemist and prepare any special alchemical item that can be useful
>>
No. 709915 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824418811.jpg - (43.77KB , 600x600 , FQI18.jpg )
709915

The Charred One's laboratory is under the main church, in a old dungeon that was used ages ago to keep relics. He prefers working there since it's humid and it helps his condition.
He's a weird individual, but always ready to help when needed.
>>
No. 709917 ID: ce0b0b
File 145824429498.jpg - (134.74KB , 600x600 , FQI19.jpg )
709917

You open the door and call him.

He drops his vials and screams.

Charred One: "F-fir, pleafe! Don't fcare me like that! You know i work with dangerouf fubftancef!"

He leans on the table as the magical eyes on his masks dart around the room.
>>
No. 709926 ID: bb78f2

>>709917
Apologies, when demons are at your door, you forget about the dangers in your own house and become careless.

But demons are at the door, and we need those dangerous substances made more dangerous. For demons in particular.
>>
No. 709944 ID: 5ad4a7

>>709917
Yeah, we need some dangerous substances for a coming battle.
Oh, how's his work coming along? Any progress on the unicorn blood?
>>
No. 709945 ID: e34813

Well bring 'em up, there might be demons coming to town.
>>
No. 709965 ID: 02422f

>>709917
I apologize.

...could you secure your dangerous substances for a moment? I have news, and it is not pleasant.

Wait till he puts down whatever he's working on so you won't scare him again, and then tell him about the approaching demons. Is there anything he can produce that could help?
>>
No. 711222 ID: 6afddc
File 145884955140.jpg - (58.09KB , 800x545 , FQI20.jpg )
711222

>I apologize.

>Apologies

>Oh, how's his work coming along? Any progress on the unicorn blood?

You apologize for startling him and ask him how the work on the unicorn blood is going.

Charred One: "It if going! The fample waf fmall. B-but i think i can fynthefize a cure for the lord'f fickneff!"
>>
No. 711223 ID: 6afddc
File 145884981896.jpg - (48.35KB , 700x600 , FQI21.jpg )
711223

>But demons are at the door, and we need those dangerous substances made more dangerous. For demons in particular.

>Yeah, we need some dangerous substances for a coming battle.

>Well bring 'em up, there might be demons coming to town.

>...could you secure your dangerous substances for a moment? I have news, and it is not pleasant. Wait till he puts down whatever he's working on so you won't scare him again, and then tell him about the approaching demons. Is there anything he can produce that could help?

You tell him that demons are approaching the town, and that you need as many alchemical weapons and potions as possible.

He freaks out.

Charred One: "OH NO DEMONF! HOW? WHERE?! WHEN?! WHAT IF HAPPENING?"

You explain to him that unfortunately the miners in Miner's Rest were infected by some sort of demonic plague, or something similar. The guard that survived came back thanks to a group of adventurers lead by a ranidae and that they are going to search the mines for the source. Meanwhile the rest of you will have to deal with the demons.
>>
No. 711225 ID: 6afddc
File 145885006167.jpg - (48.50KB , 600x600 , FQI22.jpg )
711225

The Charred One remains silent while you explain the whole situation.

Then he mutters something under his breath, but you manage to catch it anyway.

Charred One: "The egg..."

He raises his head and stares at you, with all four of his magical eyes.

Charred One: "I'll prepare the thing you need. But first i need to contact someone. Leave me be."

He motions you to go out.
>>
No. 711232 ID: 3663d3

*narrow eyes* why does he need to contact someone to give you some ultra demon kill death potions?
>>
No. 711236 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711225
Would you mind elaborating? What was that about an egg?
>>
No. 711315 ID: 02422f

>>711225
An egg?

Ask if there's anything he knows about this situation that would help. Then thank him for his assistance, and go. You'll have to trust him to produce what he can, you have others to marshal.
>>
No. 711366 ID: f562b1

>>711232
Well, when dealing with a whole army of demons, it helps to get ideas on how to kill a lot quickest from allies.

The mention of an egg is interesting, but the Pious Flame doesn't have any reason to be anything more than just simply intrigued.
>>
No. 711372 ID: 5ad4a7

>>711366
Yeah, so, Grimdoom would probably not be terribly pushy about it.
>>
No. 713008 ID: 4b7681
File 145953866119.jpg - (67.88KB , 600x600 , FQI23.jpg )
713008

>*narrow eyes* why does he need to contact someone to give you some ultra demon kill death potions?

>Would you mind elaborating? What was that about an egg?

>An egg?

>Ask if there's anything he knows about this situation that would help.

>Well, when dealing with a whole army of demons, it helps to get ideas on how to kill a lot quickest from allies.

>The mention of an egg is interesting, but the Pious Flame doesn't have any reason to be anything more than just simply intrigued.

You ask him what he meant when he muttered something about an egg.

Charred One: "Oh... Uh. Nothing. thefe kind of newf aren't fomething you fhould hear when you had a heavy breakfaft like i did. I'm fure the eggf will upfet my poor body. Should hafe fticked with the porridge. Heh..."

You then ask him why he needs to call someone first and not give you immediately the potions you need.

Charred One: "Well i have my own orderf to follow firft! And we need to follow the hierarchy, no?"
>>
No. 713011 ID: 4b7681
File 145953888124.jpg - (59.41KB , 700x600 , FQI24.jpg )
713011

>Yeah, so, Grimdoom would probably not be terribly pushy about it.

>Then thank him for his assistance, and go. You'll have to trust him to produce what he can, you have others to marshal.

He starts pushing you toward the door, with the same strenght of a little kitten.

You tell him to be as quick as possible with it since demons can appear at any moment.

Charred One: "I will. I will. They won't probably get here too soon, i'm fure. The defenfe will be up by then."

You thank him and get out of the door. He immediately locks it behind you.

Now you need to plan what to do while waiting for the potions.
>>
No. 713015 ID: 3663d3

hmm... lean on the wall and take a nap.
>>
No. 713022 ID: b17b81

>>713015
Maybe not the wall, but you do need some more rest. You look like hell and are about to go into battle. Post someone at your door to rouse you once they are nearer. That's if you can trust the priests or the knights to properly prepare the remaining defenses without direction. You also never got a chance to eat; this business was brought to your attention right after you had gotten up. At absolute least get a decent meal in you. You'll need all the strength you can get for when the fighting starts. You'll also inspire much more confidence in your troops if you look fresh than if you look haggard before the fighting even starts.
>>
No. 713038 ID: 1cebc8

And get yourself some extra food, you'll need to keep up your strength during the fight.
>>
No. 713073 ID: 5ad4a7

Get to the armory. Perpare yourself for battle.
>>
No. 713146 ID: 02422f

You're not in much shape for the front line yourself anymore. You will do what you can do to inspire the troops, but your real battlefield... will be with the healers. You need to rally your medics. There will surely be many injured to treat.

...should you contact Petra? Gorgons work on demons, right?
>>
No. 717968 ID: 91ee5f

>>713146
Do you honestly think he's going to ask a civilian to fight with him?!
>>
No. 721874 ID: b73e84
File 146273442594.jpg - (44.91KB , 600x500 , FQI25.jpg )
721874

>And get yourself some extra food, you'll need to keep up your strength during the fight.

>Maybe not the wall, but you do need some more rest. You look like hell and are about to go into battle. Post someone at your door to rouse you once they are nearer. That's if you can trust the priests or the knights to properly prepare the remaining defenses without direction. You also never got a chance to eat; this business was brought to your attention right after you had gotten up. At absolute least get a decent meal in you. You'll need all the strength you can get for when the fighting starts. You'll also inspire much more confidence in your troops if you look fresh than if you look haggard before the fighting even starts.

>You're not in much shape for the front line yourself anymore. You will do what you can do to inspire the troops, but your real battlefield... will be with the healers. You need to rally your medics. There will surely be many injured to treat.

You realize that you need to get something to eat at least. You order to the guard to have someone bring you a meal in your room. You think you can have a quick nap right after it.
>>
No. 721875 ID: b73e84
File 146273454557.jpg - (59.85KB , 830x500 , FQI26.jpg )
721875

>Get to the armory. Perpare yourself for battle.

The nap and the meal helped a lot. You aren't feeling 100% but you at least you are not wobbling on your legs anymore.

You open up your wardrobe and prepare your own armor.

You try to avoid even looking at the Grimhammer, hoping to forget your most recent nightmare.
>>
No. 721878 ID: b73e84
File 146273492823.jpg - (57.43KB , 650x500 , FQI27.jpg )
721878

>...should you contact Petra?
>Do you honestly think he's going to ask a civilian to fight with him?!

You are not sure why, but Lady Lapisvisum has been on your mind a lot lately. And you can't shake a weird sensation of dread knowing that demons are lurking so closely.

You stop one of the novices and ask him if the messengers have been sent to warn the population.

Novice: "Yes sir, to the lords of the town, the guards, and to the market place. They have been told not to cause panic and help people moving out"

You ask about the slums, the farms and the lower quarters of the town.

Novice: "Uh, no sir. Those hasn't been warned yet. We sent knights to the most important places of the town."

You ask him why they haven't sent anyone to warn the rest of the population.

Novice: "Uh... We don't have a lot of soldiers and priests in the town, sir. We can't reach everywhere. Besides, the slums aren't as important. Right?"
>>
No. 721880 ID: 5ad4a7

>>721878
Fine. You'll go in person.
>>
No. 721904 ID: 726a91

>>721878
The slums are densely packed and undefended. Demons would spread quickly and overwhelmingly if they attacked without an evacuation.
>>
No. 721907 ID: b17b81

>avoid even looking at the Grimhammer
It is merely a tool; nothing more. Its past deeds should hold no sway over your judgement than your armor does. Yes, it can be used for evil, but it can also be used for good. The true good of defending the lives of the innocent.

>>721878
They must be informed one way or another; they are people too.
>>
No. 721908 ID: 3663d3

"the more they kill the more corpses there are for the demons to return to after they are killed themselves meaning the longer the battle will take. all casualties must be minimized."
>>
No. 721909 ID: bb78f2

>>721878
Hell yes the slums are important, what are you, a sociopath? Not to mention the chance of spreading demonic influence AND the chance of having a violent uprising from the poor because we chose not to defend them. Slums are a huge vulnerability in a siege for a variety of different reasons, if anything we want to defend the nobles less, because there's LESS of them, and they have MUCH more independent protection due to their wealth and are less likely to commit treason and riot. Send the knights to the slums, the nobles can hire their own mercenaries and protection.
>>
No. 721910 ID: a075ba

>Besides, the slums aren't as important. Right?
They're an extremely dense concentration of people, with the weakest internal defenses and protections. If demons get to them, it will be a slaughter, and there will be ample flesh for the demons to make more of themselves with. Leaving them ignorant is a moral and tactical failing.
>>
No. 721938 ID: 3f5166

Give him a proper smack on the head for the implication that people in the slums have no value. What does he think who makes up the bulk of levies in any army?
>>
No. 730500 ID: 3169fd
File 146628074514.jpg - (59.24KB , 600x650 , FQI28.jpg )
730500

>The slums are densely packed and undefended. Demons would spread quickly and overwhelmingly if they attacked without an evacuation.

>They must be informed one way or another; they are people too.

>"the more they kill the more corpses there are for the demons to return to after they are killed themselves meaning the longer the battle will take. all casualties must be minimized."

>Hell yes the slums are important, what are you, a sociopath? Not to mention the chance of spreading demonic influence AND the chance of having a violent uprising from the poor because we chose not to defend them. Slums are a huge vulnerability in a siege for a variety of different reasons, if anything we want to defend the nobles less, because there's LESS of them, and they have MUCH more independent protection due to their wealth and are less likely to commit treason and riot. Send the knights to the slums, the nobles can hire their own mercenaries and protection.

>They're an extremely dense concentration of people, with the weakest internal defenses and protections. If demons get to them, it will be a slaughter, and there will be ample flesh for the demons to make more of themselves with. Leaving them ignorant is a moral and tactical failing.

>Give him a proper smack on the head for the implication that people in the slums have no value. What does he think who makes up the bulk of levies in any army?

You give him a stern look and scold him, explaining several reason for why the slums might be actually the most important part of the town.

The young priest apologizes, while cowering in fear.

You are way too pissed to care about it now.
>>
No. 730504 ID: 3169fd
File 146628100230.jpg - (79.45KB , 800x570 , FQI29.jpg )
730504

>Fine. You'll go in person.

>It is merely a tool; nothing more. Its past deeds should hold no sway over your judgement than your armor does. Yes, it can be used for evil, but it can also be used for good. The true good of defending the lives of the innocent.

You tell the young priest that you will take action yourself and rally the slums on your own.

You grab your hammer, more as a symbol of your status rather than anything. You shudder a little after touching it.

Ella Greyarrows asks if she can tag along. Since she has seen the demons with her own eyes she might be useful so you let her tag along.

You start strutting through the streets, seeing civilians packing carts quickly. You know that the slums might have alerted by simple chit-chat, but it's still better making sure that they get emptied in order, without causing chaos.

???: "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY BUDDY-PAL-FRIEND-AMIIIIIIIIIGO"

Oh damn it all...
>>
No. 730507 ID: 3169fd
File 146628128204.jpg - (79.17KB , 775x600 , FQI30.jpg )
730507

An opulently dressed orc blocks your way.

Hugo, the high priest of the Laughing Bastard God. The main church in town.

Hugo: "Soooooooooo heeeeeeeeey Luuuuuuuuuuuuuudwig baaaaaaaabe! What are these tales of demons your church is spreading around?"

He smiles, the same type of smile that you can see in the face of a hungry hyena after it was offered a free meal.

Hugo: "Are you guys trying to spread chaos in the Laughing Bastard God's beautiful city? Are you still trying to be... 'relevant'?"
>>
No. 730511 ID: 3663d3

"chaos is the last thing we want, we have a report that an army of demons is heading this way and we want to make sure everyone gets somewhere safe"

if he really bugs you for the details you can explain how everyone with that sickness in the mining town exploded into demons and some of your men died.
>>
No. 730522 ID: 398fe1

>>730507
This is serious, High Priest. Lives are at stake.
>>
No. 730524 ID: a075ba

>>730507
We are trying to save lives and defend the town from an imminent threat. Our own relevance matters little.

By the teachings of your own god though, if you wish to revere yourself, and show that you matter, you should aid us. Prove that you are important choosing to act, and by saving yourself from slaughter. Demons are the ultimate mockery of individual power, turning victims into more of themselves.

>trying to spread chaos
You would very much prefer to spread order, at the moment. Chaos is panic, and weakness for the attacking force to exploit.
>>
No. 730551 ID: 57463b

"What could I gain from lying about this? If demons don't show up their absence would be obvious, and I would take the blame as a paranoid old fool jumping at shadows. If they do show up though, you could be a leader whose quick action was vital to keeping his city safe."
>>
No. 730564 ID: 9fdb37

"Huuuugoooo, you're free to tag along to confirm the accuracy of those tales. If you're worried that we might gain some converts and relevance through our actions, why don't you field your own force to protect your flock alongside us?
>>
No. 736220 ID: f75a70
File 146870057514.jpg - (70.29KB , 750x530 , FQI31.jpg )
736220

>"chaos is the last thing we want, we have a report that an army of demons is heading this way and we want to make sure everyone gets somewhere safe"

>This is serious, High Priest. Lives are at stake.

>We are trying to save lives and defend the town from an imminent threat. Our own relevance matters little.

>"What could I gain from lying about this? If demons don't show up their absence would be obvious, and I would take the blame as a paranoid old fool jumping at shadows. If they do show up though, you could be a leader whose quick action was vital to keeping his city safe."

Hugo puts an arm around your shoulder as you explain that this is a serious situation.

Hugo: "Yeah of course it's a serious situation. But you need to understand that as the leader of the Laughing Bastard God church i can't let people take the spotlight from me. understood?"

>"Huuuugoooo, you're free to tag along to confirm the accuracy of those tales. If you're worried that we might gain some converts and relevance through our actions, why don't you field your own force to protect your flock alongside us?

You ask him coldly if he wants to join you and help out, so that he could claim to be the author of the salvation of the town.

Hugo: "Ah, you are making me blush. It's like you can read straight into my soul and pick the perfect words to arouse me. Too bad we are both married to our job or i'd put a ring on you already!"

You really wish to cut this conversation short.
>>
No. 736222 ID: f75a70
File 146870076715.jpg - (49.38KB , 750x500 , FQI32.jpg )
736222

You point out to the direction of the poorest part of the town and start moving, Hugo hasn't still moved his arm from around your shoulder as he continues to spout nonsense.

Hugo: "I know that this is the start of a really good friendship, my buddy-pal Ludwy. Can i call you Ludwy? Sure i can"

You grunt at him.

Hugo: "So anyway i was thinking, as we get there, just let me do the talking, alright?"

He points at himself and laughs.

Hugo: "Let's be honest between the two of us, i'm sure people will find my laughing smile to be more..."
>>
No. 736223 ID: f75a70
File 146870088447.jpg - (73.82KB , 750x500 , FQI33.jpg )
736223

Screams from the marketplace.

Hugo: "...reassuring"

You both freeze in place. Hugo shuts up and you both try to listen better.

Someone is calling for help, and a lot more people are just screaming.

Hugo: "What in the flying fucking fuck is going on?"
>>
No. 736224 ID: f75a70
File 146870109526.jpg - (124.27KB , 800x800 , FQI34.jpg )
736224

You, Hugo and Ella rush to the marketplace, moving against the current of bodies running away from the place.

Where two Gorger demons are eating the remains of citizens and fighting with each other over the spoils.

The marketplace is covered in blood and guts.

Hugo assests the situation and, with the most serious tone, whispers "Not it"
>>
No. 736227 ID: 3663d3

shoot the one with one eye exposed in the eye. , it will lash out and hit the other one, hopefully escalate this from an argument to a real fight. then get in there and start smashing their knees apart.
>>
No. 736235 ID: 9fdb37

If your faith grants you powers, I suggest you use them.

If not, climb onto the roof for an attack from above.

In any case, since he forgot about being a gloryhound, send Hugo to rally the survivors and guide them to safety while you risk your life.
>>
No. 736236 ID: 398fe1

>>736224
They got here EARLY! How did this happen? Better get to fighting! Today your hammer will save more lives than it will take.
>>
No. 736276 ID: 398fe1

What kind of fighty stuff do you have anyway? Any combat magic, expendable magic items, that sort of thing?
>>
No. 736284 ID: b2d501

Infighting can work to your advantage. Have the scouts confirm the existence of demon recon units, grab reinforcements and begin evacuations. Let the demons eat the dead, it will be their last meal after all.
>>
No. 736307 ID: 2e2d71

>If your faith grants you powers, I suggest you use them.
Say this to the priest.

Then draw your weapon and bring forth the flame. Smite those demons.
>>
No. 737357 ID: 9fdb37

Quick, use steampowered grappling hooks to propel yourself into the air and strike at the weak spots on their ne...wait, no, that's something else.

Uh, use your giant-fighting skills against the demons? If you imobilise them, you could minimise the damage they do until you can properly slay them.
>>
No. 740734 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051539529.jpg - (53.77KB , 360x500 , GrimDoom Charsheet.jpg )
740734

>What kind of fighty stuff do you have anyway? Any combat magic, expendable magic items, that sort of thing?

>FATHER LUDWIG "PIOUS HAND" GRIMDOOM, OF THE CHURCH OF THE UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

Physical strenght: Way above average
Reflexes: Above average (currently debilitated to Average)
Stamina: Way above average (currently debilitated to Average)
Intelligence: Average
Senses: Below average

Abilities:
- Incredibly powerful warrior
- Fire-linked caster (able to produce flames thanks to his faith)
- Fearless

Maluses:
- Depressed
- Bound by his past and his duties to the church
- Currently weakened by overuse of life-transferring spell

Equipment:
- The GrimHammer, magical hammer
- Fire blessed armor
- Headband of the clear mind (focus for fire spells)
>>
No. 740737 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051564001.jpg - (80.95KB , 800x550 , FQI35.jpg )
740737

>They got here EARLY! How did this happen? Better get to fighting! Today your hammer will save more lives than it will take.

They are also in the middle of the town, without no one seeing them arrive here? This makes no sense at all...

>If your faith grants you powers, I suggest you use them. Say this to the priest.

>In any case, since he forgot about being a gloryhound, send Hugo to rally the survivors and guide them to safety while you risk your life.

You give Hugo a stern look

Hugo: "HEY!" He points to his clothes "This are my GOOD clothes"

You tell him that it doesn't matter. That he can be useful by getting the rest of the people run away while you deal with the demons.

shoot the one with one eye exposed in the eye. , it will lash out and hit the other one, hopefully escalate this from an argument to a real fight.

You take a deep breath and then focus your mind into a fireblast.

You direct the small fireball into the longhorn Gorger demon.

It reels back in anger and pain, while the other one looks at its brethen in confusion
>>
No. 740738 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051574786.jpg - (66.36KB , 800x550 , FQI36.jpg )
740738

>Then draw your weapon and bring forth the flame. Smite those demons.

>then get in there and start smashing their knees apart.

You take advantage of the confusion and smash the closest Gorger demon in its knee, smashing it.
>>
No. 740739 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051588863.jpg - (67.57KB , 800x550 , FQI37.jpg )
740739

You try and go for the finisher, but the longhorn gorger recovered and quickly tries to stomp on you.

You manage to block the attack, but you are pinned.

Your flame should have had more effect than that, but you are clearly not fighting at your full potential.

Which is a real problem right now.

You struggle to not be squashed down.
>>
No. 740740 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051595713.jpg - (51.31KB , 800x550 , FQI38.jpg )
740740

HUGO: "NO ONE"
>>
No. 740741 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051601910.jpg - (58.71KB , 800x550 , FQI39.jpg )
740741

Hugo: "STEALS"
>>
No. 740742 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051603526.jpg - (143.99KB , 800x730 , FQI40.jpg )
740742

>>
No. 740743 ID: 1a91e3
File 147051615717.jpg - (72.02KB , 600x700 , FQI41.jpg )
740743

Hugo: "MY SPOTLIGHT!"

In front of you, a half naked Hugo stands smiling.

The Gorger demon with the broken knee is weakly trying to get up.

But you are kinda taken aback from the scene that you just witnessed.
>>
No. 740750 ID: 398fe1

>>740743
That's frankly very impressive.

Finish off your target, he can finish off his. Then you should follow the trail of destruction back to where they came from (if there is a trail? I wonder if they showed up right here.) to find out how they got here. I suspect teleportation, but it's possible people were in town who were unknowingly carrying demons inside them.
>>
No. 740753 ID: b2d501

Relieving to see Hugo can put his money where his mouth is. Now, cut a swathe and aim for the head, once the demon horde loses their leader they'll start infighting easily.
>>
No. 740754 ID: 9f3729

>>740743
"That's more like it. Glad to have you on board."
>kick demon tush
>>
No. 740765 ID: 24100f

>That's more like it.
Take a moment to do a buddy cop action move arms clasp pose to play to his glory seeking, and cement that this is a team effort, so he's not going to be trying to one up you in ways that will be detrimental. His whole philosophy is about aggrandizement of self- such tropes will have power in his presence.

>The Gorger demon with the broken knee is weakly trying to get up.
Then go bring your hammer down in its face.
>>
No. 740796 ID: 9fdb37

Collect yourself and offer a friendly fistbump with a half-smile to Hugo, followed by: "You magnificent son of a bitch". And try to convince him to be a bit more careful - else the town repairs will be even more costly once this is done.
>>
No. 741058 ID: 3663d3

of course the high priest of the laughing bastard would be a combat monster.
>>
No. 750419 ID: 6756a9
File 147526581317.jpg - (55.29KB , 800x480 , FQI42.jpg )
750419

>That's frankly very impressive.

>Relieving to see Hugo can put his money where his mouth is.

>"That's more like it. Glad to have you on board."

>Take a moment to do a buddy cop action move arms clasp pose to play to his glory seeking, and cement that this is a team effort, so he's not going to be trying to one up you in ways that will be detrimental. His whole philosophy is about aggrandizement of self- such tropes will have power in his presence.

>Collect yourself and offer a friendly fistbump with a half-smile to Hugo, followed by: "You magnificent son of a bitch". And try to convince him to be a bit more careful - else the town repairs will be even more costly once this is done.

You are honestly surprised for what just happened, but happy to have Hugo on your side rather than against you.

You compliment him, causing him to stick his chest out and smile even more.

Hugo: "Yeaaaah boy! All in a day work"

You offer him your fist, to show comradery and he pounds it in response.

You tell him that you need to finish off the demons before they got back on their feet.

Hugo: "Don't have to tell me twice Ludwig babe!"
>>
No. 750420 ID: 6756a9
File 147526589907.jpg - (84.74KB , 800x520 , FQI43.jpg )
750420

>Finish off your target, he can finish off his.

>Now, cut a swathe and aim for the head, once the demon horde loses their leader they'll start infighting easily.

>kick demon tush

>Then go bring your hammer down in its face.

The two demons don't offer any resistance and you quickly finish it off.

Hugo does the same.

In a more showy and gory way of course.
>>
No. 750421 ID: 6756a9
File 147526600524.jpg - (61.51KB , 700x600 , FQI44.jpg )
750421

>Then you should follow the trail of destruction back to where they came from (if there is a trail? I wonder if they showed up right here.) to find out how they got here. I suspect teleportation, but it's possible people were in town who were unknowingly carrying demons inside them.

You look around, trying to figure out where the demon came from.

But, aside for the destruction caused by the demons (and Hugo) there are no real trails. There is no damage on the other structures, nor footprints going into the marketplace.

Hugo: "HOY LUDWIG BABE"
>>
No. 750424 ID: 6756a9
File 147526650113.jpg - (69.55KB , 800x530 , FQI45.jpg )
750424

Hugo: "You might want to hear this"

A scaredy looking goblin is held by him above the ground. he's shaking visibly.

Hugo: "Go on, tell him the same thing you told me. It's all good. You are among friends."

Goblin: "I-i was reading in my h-h-house and i hear a commotion outside."

He stops for a bit and gulps.

Goblin: "I w-went to open the window and yell to k-keep it down. I was reading y-you know? B-but then i saw"

He stops again

Hugo: "Go ooooon. I don't like suspense..."

Goblin: "T-the people in the market. They were c-convulsing in pain... and then... then they started b-b-breaking"

You ask him to explain better what he means.

Goblin: "L-litterally! Their torsos ripped open... and... and blood bursted out... and then the organs... and from the pool of blood... th-those things came out... and they started EATING EVERYONE!!!"

Hugo: "BUT THEN I CAME AND SAVED THE DAY!!!"

What is going on here...

The demons appeared in the marketplace apparently.

Which... should be impossible. The only way for them to come over is through demonbinding and what happened sounded completely different.
>>
No. 750429 ID: 398fe1

>>750424
Describe demonbinding.

Is it possible they were given tainted food or water?
>>
No. 750430 ID: 3663d3

wait, wasn't the disease at the mine happen like that? everyone that was sick turned into demons.
>>
No. 750463 ID: dd4df2

>>750424

Evidently, someone has found a way to do the impossible. And you best find out how, and fast.

The convulsing people... were they at any particular point in the market? Like, around a certain stall, or, say, a well?

Giving orders to HUGO is useless, so suggest, to yourself, that someone perhaps should investigate the remains of the site, to find clues to the sudden contagion. Question Ella as to the nature of the contagion at Miner's rest and see if it matches the demonic summoning taking place here.

We now also know that the demons can appear suddenly within town, so it might be useful to place keen-eyed and quick-footed runners at key points around town to coordinate internal defense teams, and keep the populace from panicking. Tracking the places where there are demonic eruptions should also giving a clue as to who or what is the cause of them.
>>
No. 750560 ID: 3abd97

>>750424
That's... very not good. If demons can form behind your lines, inside civilians, it's going to be next to impossible to hold them back, or keep anyone safe.

>The only way for them to come over is through demonbinding and what happened sounded completely different.
Is it possible those people have already been demonbound? Or that they could have been "infected" by some other vector? If the water supply or food or something else has been compromised...

Is there any way you can quickly scan or check for anyone who might have a demon bound to them, or attempting to take over?
>>
No. 750777 ID: 121191
File 147543349057.jpg - (67.30KB , 950x500 , FQI46.jpg )
750777

>Describe demonbinding.

Demonbinding is a long and complicated ritual involving corpses, covered in specific runes are put in a magical circle. The circle attracts the spirit of the demon, that possesses the remains and rebuilds its physical form into the material world, engulfing the runes into its own body.
Those runes anchors the corpses and the soul together, and they are linked to the binding wizard, making so that if the demon ever tries to hurt the wizard, the runes will immediately disrupt the body, causing it to return to the spiritual world.

>wait, wasn't the disease at the mine happen like that? everyone that was sick turned into demons.
>Is it possible those people have already been demonbound? Or that they could have been "infected" by some other vector? If the water supply or food or something else has been compromised...
>Is it possible they were given tainted food or water?

It does sound similar to what happened with the diseased miners at Miners' rest. But you are more than sure that the sickness wasn't contagious at all...

The water and the food in the town are controlled and purified by the different churches in town through rotations. And you have never heard about infecting someone with a demon. They are spiritual beings, trapped on the other side of the barrier...
>>
No. 750778 ID: 121191
File 147543362576.jpg - (68.90KB , 1000x600 , FQI47.jpg )
750778

>The convulsing people... were they at any particular point in the market? Like, around a certain stall, or, say, a well?

You ask the goblin if the people in the market where standing in a particular place.

Goblin: "T-they were standing in different places... B-but they... they moved to get near each other. Screaming. I saw a dwarf running while yelling from the opposite side of the market before his intestine shoot out from his m-m-mouth."

>Evidently, someone has found a way to do the impossible. And you best find out how, and fast.

It appears so... but how...
>>
No. 750783 ID: 121191
File 147543414656.jpg - (107.06KB , 1000x600 , FQI48.jpg )
750783

>Giving orders to HUGO is useless, so suggest, to yourself, that someone perhaps should investigate the remains of the site, to find clues to the sudden contagion.

You put your hand on Ella's shoulder. You say aloud that it should be important for SOMEONE to investigate the site so that THEY could get THE RECOGNITION for helping the community.

Hugo: "I GOT AN IDEA! I'M GONNA INVESTIGATE THE PLACE. I'M SURE I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED HERE. YOU GUYS SHOULD GET THE REST OF THE PEOPLE OUT!"

You can't hold back a little smirk.

>Question Ella as to the nature of the contagion at Miner's rest and see if it matches the demonic summoning taking place here.

You ask Ella if she sees any similarities with what happened to Miner's Rest. She nods and tells you that the demon pretty much popped out from the diseased people.
Which means that might be a correlation.

>We now also know that the demons can appear suddenly within town, so it might be useful to place keen-eyed and quick-footed runners at key points around town to coordinate internal defense teams, and keep the populace from panicking. Tracking the places where there are demonic eruptions should also giving a clue as to who or what is the cause of them.

>Is there any way you can quickly scan or check for anyone who might have a demon bound to them, or attempting to take over?

You tell Ella to go back to the temple and have the rest of the remaining knights and priest to bring back the holy incensers. Hopefully the fumes will scour out the demons from inside the bodies. Making it easier to find them. Hopefully. You tell her to divide them in teams and scout the city for more, and to bring the new Holy Fires.

Ella: "And what are you going to do in the meantime, sir?"
>>
No. 750852 ID: 505f10

Weren't you heading to the slums?
>>
No. 750863 ID: a886eb

What happens if you make the summoning circle very small and then put it inside a living thing?
>>
No. 750878 ID: bb78f2

>>750777
Couldn't a wizard in theory make a REALLY big circle, then get creative with the "remains" part of the ritual to make them suitable for demonbinding?

Like, the circle being an underground set of tunnels... or perhaps comprise of even the geometry of a market plaza if the wizard also happens to be a civil engineer in charge of the construction. If the city is as old as the mines, or at least that plaza, well, I'm sure you get what I mean.
>>
No. 750880 ID: 398fe1

>>750878
>really big circle
Around the entire town...? Or maybe even just around the poor quarters... Oh dear god.

Could "remains" be cooked meat? That has been recently eaten?
>>
No. 750924 ID: dd4df2

>>750777

If the demons come bursting out of people that's definitely a clear correlation with how things went down at Miner's Rest. But people here show no sign of the disease, so... has something or someone refined it so that it won't show any outward appearance or effect? If we assume it's the same, it has changed its course, although not its end result.

Actually, one more thing might not have changed about it. Since LOCATION and TIMING seems relevant to WHO the disease STRIKES, maybe SOMEONE should LOOK INTO who these people were and if there are any COMMON THREADS that link them, like AREAS THEY FREQUENT or PEOPLE THEY ASSOCIATE WITH. Although it would probably take A VERY CLEVER AND PRAISE-WORTHY INDIVIDUAL to unravel those particular threads in any kind of hurry. Hem.

Now, the holy incensers might help identify who's stricken or they might not, as the Flame's holy power had little to no effect upon the diseased originally. But hey, if it can help against the demons that come bursting out, ready 'em by all means.

What remains curious, is the why and how of the disease's spread to town. Last we knew the disease was stuck in Miner's Rest and the Flame guards (and the horses that came later!) there did not appear to fall prey to it, whereas all, person or animal, prior inhabitants did. Perhaps whatever it was that had caused the initial infection had simply left, its work done, and relocated to town.

Thinking about where to go, about the only one who has any kind of lengthy experience with trying to cure the disease is the Charred One (and that was before we knew of its true demon-summoning nature). Once the Slums are safe enough and people have gotten clear of the recent demon site, we should go to him and see if he's behind it all he's done with the potions he promised and if he can offer any additional insights into beating this hellplague. Also, on second thought, his sudden (if arguably warranted) panic reaction to the mention of demons (as opposed to an incredulous reaction, which many others seemed to go with) might demand some further investigation. Did he already know of the demonic nature of the plague?
>>
No. 750925 ID: 5900b7

Since there were no sign of disease in the city, and the sick guy who refuse medicine were the only infected who didn't turn, one possibility is that the demons have nothing to do with the disease and everything to do with contaminated consumables.
Could a summoning ritual be accomplished by alchemical means? If so the likely suspect is someone in your own order with advance alchemical knowledge and ways to contaminate food and medicine that were supervised by your people.
>>
No. 751390 ID: e0c48a
File 147566142701.jpg - (68.48KB , 800x550 , FQI49.jpg )
751390

>Around the entire town...? Or maybe even just around the poor quarters... Oh dear god.

>Couldn't a wizard in theory make a REALLY big circle, then get creative with the "remains" part of the ritual to make them suitable for demonbinding?

>Like, the circle being an underground set of tunnels... or perhaps comprise of even the geometry of a market plaza if the wizard also happens to be a civil engineer in charge of the construction. If the city is as old as the mines, or at least that plaza, well, I'm sure you get what I mean.

That would not be possible. It would require way too much energy and the circle would be way visible and recognizable. And there are no tunnels nor caves right behind the city.

>Could "remains" be cooked meat? That has been recently eaten?

>What happens if you make the summoning circle very small and then put it inside a living thing?

They could, of course. But the runes and treatment needs to be specific. The digestion would ruin them.

>Could a summoning ritual be accomplished by alchemical means? If so the likely suspect is someone in your own order with advance alchemical knowledge and ways to contaminate food and medicine that were supervised by your people.

Alchemy doesn't have enough energy to fuel the summoning. Not at this level at least.

>If the demons come bursting out of people that's definitely a clear correlation with how things went down at Miner's Rest. But people here show no sign of the disease, so... has something or someone refined it so that it won't show any outward appearance or effect? If we assume it's the same, it has changed its course, although not its end result.

>What remains curious, is the why and how of the disease's spread to town. Last we knew the disease was stuck in Miner's Rest and the Flame guards (and the horses that came later!) there did not appear to fall prey to it, whereas all, person or animal, prior inhabitants did. Perhaps whatever it was that had caused the initial infection had simply left, its work done, and relocated to town.

>Thinking about where to go, about the only one who has any kind of lengthy experience with trying to cure the disease is the Charred One (and that was before we knew of its true demon-summoning nature). Once the Slums are safe enough and people have gotten clear of the recent demon site, we should go to him and see if he's behind it all he's done with the potions he promised and if he can offer any additional insights into beating this hellplague. Also, on second thought, his sudden (if arguably warranted) panic reaction to the mention of demons (as opposed to an incredulous reaction, which many others seemed to go with) might demand some further investigation. Did he already know of the demonic nature of the plague?

There is definitively correlation. And the Charred One has been acting weirdly today. You will have to talk to him, after you have dealt with the current problem.
>>
No. 751392 ID: e0c48a
File 147566168161.jpg - (70.24KB , 800x550 , FQI50.jpg )
751392

>Actually, one more thing might not have changed about it. Since LOCATION and TIMING seems relevant to WHO the disease STRIKES, maybe SOMEONE should LOOK INTO who these people were and if there are any COMMON THREADS that link them, like AREAS THEY FREQUENT or PEOPLE THEY ASSOCIATE WITH. Although it would probably take A VERY CLEVER AND PRAISE-WORTHY INDIVIDUAL to unravel those particular threads in any kind of hurry. Hem.

You look down at the remains of one of the corpses and say aloud that maybe there might be a CORRELATION that SOM...

Hugo interrupts you: "Ludwig babe"

He raises a finger and spins it around

Hugo: "It's cute and all that you think that reverse psychology actually works on me and all, but don't treat me like a moron. I know what i'm doing here."

You are actually surprised for a moment.

Weren't you heading to the slums?

Hugo: "Beside, your lady-friend might need your help down in the slums' brothel"

You try to reply but he cuts you out again.

Hugo: "Go. It's not nice to let a madame wait."
>>
No. 751393 ID: e0c48a
File 147566180043.jpg - (99.76KB , 800x550 , FQI51.jpg )
751393

You strut through town, moving through a mass of terrified people moving in the opposite direction.

Guards, knights and priests are helping out and directing them properly, so that it's not becoming too chaotic.
>>
No. 751394 ID: e0c48a
File 147566191876.jpg - (115.36KB , 800x600 , FQI52.jpg )
751394

You reach the slums to find that most of the houses have already been emptied. Good thing.

And then your reach the brothel, where you can clearly see windows and door have been smashed and destroyed, There is also blood on the ground, but no one outside nor sound coming from the inside.
>>
No. 751413 ID: 094652

Uh oh.

Bring a crossbow, fire at anything that isn't a baby.
>>
No. 751441 ID: dd4df2

>>751394

Blood, but no bodies? That is not a good sign today. Silence is worse, though. If there are demons, and they're still alive inside, they're being quiet... which means they might be a stalker-type or an intelligent form of hellspawn, able to resist making a ruckus like the Gorgers and Imps are prone to.

Get in there. You've been here before and know the layout, so proceed into the building by whichever way will leave you least open to ambushes and give you room to swing the hammer. If anyone's alive in there, they might be hiding, so watch out for friendly fire.
>>
No. 751459 ID: 91ee5f

>>751394
Call out Petra's name and let her know it's you, so that she doesn't accidentally turn you to stone thinking you're one of those things.
>>
No. 751469 ID: 398fe1

>>751394
Knock on the side of the destroyed door and ask if there's anyone alive in there. No noise from inside means no fighting, at least, so don't charge in recklessly (mostly so you don't surprise the madame)
>>
No. 751642 ID: 3abd97

>>751394
Announce yourself, see if there's a response, then enter carefully.
>>
No. 755294 ID: 106656
File 147741511325.jpg - (50.75KB , 700x600 , FQI53.jpg )
755294

>Call out Petra's name and let her know it's you, so that she doesn't accidentally turn you to stone thinking you're one of those things.

>Knock on the side of the destroyed door and ask if there's anyone alive in there. No noise from inside means no fighting, at least, so don't charge in recklessly (mostly so you don't surprise the madame)

>Announce yourself, see if there's a response, then enter carefully.

You call out for Madame Lapisvisum, or anyone else.

No answer.

You cautiously enter the estabilishment.
>>
No. 755295 ID: 106656
File 147741529992.jpg - (110.64KB , 800x550 , FQI54.jpg )
755295

>Blood, but no bodies? That is not a good sign today. Silence is worse, though. If there are demons, and they're still alive inside, they're being quiet... which means they might be a stalker-type or an intelligent form of hellspawn, able to resist making a ruckus like the Gorgers and Imps are prone to.

The building is dimly lit from the light coming outside, the main room is a mess and you can see a good number of demonic creatures. You ready your hammer and stance.

But they do not move.
>>
No. 755296 ID: 106656
File 147741543702.jpg - (61.26KB , 600x500 , FQI55.jpg )
755296

You approach slowly, and you finally realize that they are statues.

Either someone wanted to pull a really mean trick or they have been turned into stone somehow.
>>
No. 755298 ID: 106656
File 147741570201.jpg - (46.70KB , 850x500 , FQI56.jpg )
755298

>Get in there. You've been here before and know the layout, so proceed into the building by whichever way will leave you least open to ambushes and give you room to swing the hammer. If anyone's alive in there, they might be hiding, so watch out for friendly fire.

You start searching the place. Calling out for any survivor while on guard on any possible ambush.

As you still walk through the ground floor, you ear a soft crack coming from under you feet.

You have stepped on a ceramic mask.

Madame Lapisvisum's mask. Without a doubt.

You call again for her. No answer.
>>
No. 755299 ID: 594c18

>>755296
Gee, I wonder how that could have happened.

Have you heard any stories about beings turning into statues? Even myths? Might help you know what you're up against.

And then when you figure it out COVER YOUR EYES
>>
No. 755300 ID: 594c18

>>755296
also what kind of stone
is it lapis
>>
No. 755319 ID: 91ee5f

>>755299
>Have you heard any stories about beings turning into statues? Even myths? Might help you know what you're up against.
Why? We already know it was Madame Lapisvisum, the gorgon, that turned them into stone. It's just worrying that we can find her anywhere.
>>
No. 755320 ID: 106656

>>755319
Remember that only Takabanda and Flycatcher (and the other prostitutes) know that she is a gorgon. Rest of the world doesn't.
>>
No. 755321 ID: 3663d3

try the upper rooms.
>>
No. 755326 ID: 398fe1

>>755298
Before you go any further... are you protected against petrification? It seems there is something here capable of it. They were fighting against the demons, so they should be an ally, but depending on how the petrification is inflicted it could be very dangerous for you anyway.

Pick up her mask. Inspect it a bit closer. Is it possible the madame is a gorgon, and has been wearing the mask to keep from accidentally petrifying people? Does the old tactic of using a mirror work to prevent being petrified from a gorgon's gaze?
>>
No. 755330 ID: 91ee5f

>>755319
I thought Grimdoom was the only other one? I guess not.
>>
No. 755405 ID: 3abd97

>Either someone wanted to pull a really mean trick or they have been turned into stone somehow.
Have you heard of magic spells, enchanted items, or magical creatures that can turn things to stone before?

The likely hypothesis is these demons crossed paths with something of that sort here. Troubling, since you can defend yourself against demons, but you have no way to shield yourself from this kind of attack should you come across whatever did this.

...I wonder if being turned to stone releases the demon's "soul" the way killing them does, or if they are trapped in their frozen bodies, unable to do further harm.
>>
No. 755411 ID: 7da6ad

Madame Lapisvisum must have been harbouring a mage among her girls without anyone's knowledge. However, she probably hid that information for a good reason.

Check the upper floors. Survivors might be too scared to risk answering your calls.
>>
No. 756246 ID: 67d5dc

You may want to break any statues you find, if feasible. In low light it would be too easy for a clever live one to blend in.
>>
No. 773308 ID: 36b7e7
File 148484961955.jpg - (69.72KB , 650x600 , FQI57.jpg )
773308

>Pick up her mask. Inspect it a bit closer. Is it possible the madame is a gorgon, and has been wearing the mask to keep from accidentally petrifying people? Does the old tactic of using a mirror work to prevent being petrified from a gorgon's gaze?

>Before you go any further... are you protected against petrification? It seems there is something here capable of it. They were fighting against the demons, so they should be an ally, but depending on how the petrification is inflicted it could be very dangerous for you anyway.

>Have you heard any stories about beings turning into statues? Even myths? Might help you know what you're up against.

The mask is a typical ceramic mask, mostly used in teathres by actors, madame Petra said she always wore that to cover up a really horrible scar on her face. She never really wanted to talk about how she got that...

You don't know of any spell that could turn something into stone, or at least so many targets. There has also not been any sighting of gorgons in over four centuries since they are not native of this region and they have been hunted down till extinction in other countries.
Madame Petra might had a hidden Basilisk, they are not legal, but her sneaking one in the town for protection might make sense.

>also what kind of stone

>You may want to break any statues you find, if feasible. In low light it would be too easy for a clever live one to blend in.

You break a bunch of the statues, the rock is extremely brittle. It takes no effort to destroy them whatsoever.
>>
No. 773309 ID: 36b7e7
File 148484981813.jpg - (128.99KB , 900x700 , FQI58.jpg )
773309

>try the upper rooms.

>Check the upper floors. Survivors might be too scared to risk answering your calls.

You skip to the upper level of the brothel, there is blood and guts everywhere, alongside a bunch of petrified statues and patrons.

You go straight for Petra's room, and slowly open the door, calling out her name.

The room is a mess. there was clearly a fight inside, and a lot of petrified demon confirm it. But no sign of her nor of any survivor.

???: "Sheeeee... not here..."
>>
No. 773310 ID: 36b7e7
File 148485008187.jpg - (105.69KB , 850x650 , FQI59.jpg )
773310

You turn around to face whatever said that.


Crawling pitifully on the balcony is a horrible imagery.

A malformed succubus, only half-formed and merged with what supposedly was the host. You recognize the young goblin girl you helped only few days ago with her pregnancy and you force your stomach to not give up.

She stops her miserable crawling and looks up to you, her voice comes from both her mouths, broken and tired.

???: "She... not... here... Father..."

>>
No. 773312 ID: 094652

She's infected. You can't save her.

Get the important information: Where's Petra, where's her daughter, did Petra tell her anything before she escaped.

Then set her on fire. Don't waste time when her daughter could be seconds away from infection right now.
>>
No. 773313 ID: d79f26

>>773310
seems she is half way, still recognizes you. ask where the mistress is and if her children are safe. do you have anything to help what's left of her soul move on?
>>
No. 773385 ID: 398fe1

>>773310
It sounds like the demon is not in control. Ask her where Petra went, and if her baby is safe. Then if there's no way to drive out the demon and save her, you'll want to put her out of her misery.
>>
No. 773406 ID: 3abd97

>>773312
This is mostly correct. Ask her what happened, if her child and the others are all right.

Then cleanse her with fire. If possible, burn the demon out of her and save her. If not, give her peace before the demon consumes her fully.
>>
No. 776548 ID: 6605f7
File 148604794768.jpg - (96.29KB , 750x600 , FQI60.jpg )
776548

>She's infected. You can't save her.

>Get the important information: Where's Petra, where's her daughter, did Petra tell her anything before she escaped.

>seems she is half way, still recognizes you. ask where the mistress is and if her children are safe.

>It sounds like the demon is not in control. Ask her where Petra went, and if her baby is safe.

>This is mostly correct. Ask her what happened, if her child and the others are all right.

You move close to her, she doesn't seem to be a threat, but you are wary.

You gently ask her if she recognize you.

Goblin: "Yes... father..."

You ask her to tell you what happened here.

Goblin: "I... laying... bed... felt... weird... felt... different... felt... craving... felt... a neee"

Goblin: "Called... Mistress... need... i cried..."

She raises her head up, looking around.

Goblin: "Girl... next me... Imp... came... out... Felt... the... call... fetch... the egg! Mistress... attacked... tried to... help... but... body too weak... felt... something... change in... me"

She makes eye contact.

Goblin: "B-but... music... i... didn't... lose... i... still here... Mistress... killed... brother..."
>>
No. 776549 ID: 6605f7
File 148604832402.jpg - (89.15KB , 700x600 , FQI61.jpg )
776549

Goblin: "Heard... others... shouting... in... pain. delicious... pain.... Mistress... tried to help... but... my babies... more... important..."

She starts crying crimson tears.

Goblin: "Mistress... promised... she... not here... she... WHORE... passage... secret... known to us... she safe... she brought... other sisters. A... sister... always looks... after the... other sisters."

You caress her cheek. Even through the gauntlet you can feel how cold she is.

Goblin: "My babies... safe? ...me?"

You nod, you haven't seen any infant corpses so far.

Goblin: "Why... father... why... this... PAIN..."

You look at her and tell her that you don't know. But you'll find out.
>>
No. 776550 ID: 6605f7
File 148604850693.jpg - (67.52KB , 600x600 , FQI62.jpg )
776550

>Then set her on fire. Don't waste time when her daughter could be seconds away from infection right now.

>do you have anything to help what's left of her soul move on?

>Then if there's no way to drive out the demon and save her, you'll want to put her out of her misery.

>Then cleanse her with fire. If possible, burn the demon out of her and save her. If not, give her peace before the demon consumes her fully.

Demons usually possess the flesh, actual possession is rare, and usually means that there are no chance for the host's soul. You hope this is not the case. You close her eyes and then cast a purging spell.

As she is engulfed in flame she lays on the ground, peacefully.

Leaving you alone again, wondering what is going on.
>>
No. 776562 ID: 094652

If only demons could be reasoned with.

You have the intel. Secure the area, then find the passage.
>>
No. 776566 ID: d79f26

the others used a secret passage to escape. do you have any detection abilities? looking for a hollow wall.
>>
No. 776568 ID: 398fe1

Any secret escape route would be on the bottom floor. Some of the demons were looking at the fireplace, so I bet it's there.
>>
No. 776727 ID: 3abd97

>>776568
Makes sense.
>>
No. 776769 ID: 90b004

>>776568
Thirded.
>>
No. 779009 ID: b60539
File 148693501962.jpg - (51.61KB , 650x500 , FQI63.jpg )
779009

>You have the intel. Secure the area, then find the passage.

>the others used a secret passage to escape. do you have any detection abilities? looking for a hollow wall.

>Any secret escape route would be on the bottom floor. Some of the demons were looking at the fireplace, so I bet it's there.

The rest of the brothel is secured, as much as you can tell, almost all the demons have been dealt with already and there is no one else left alive.

You go and check the fireplace, seemingly the focus of most of the demons. You touch the wall behind it and can feel it's cold. Tapping it makes a hollow sound, confirming your suspicions.

Usually secret passages have also secret switches, well hidden and hard to activate unless you know where to look. It might take you hours too even find it.

Good thing that
>>
No. 779010 ID: b60539
File 148693509123.jpg - (38.58KB , 650x500 , FQI64.jpg )
779010

some
>>
No. 779011 ID: b60539
File 148693515011.jpg - (109.20KB , 650x500 , FQI65.jpg )
779011

body once told you that these kind of wall are not too thick.

A quick hit with the GrimHammer is more than enough to create an opening.
>>
No. 779012 ID: b60539
File 148693532813.jpg - (88.57KB , 800x500 , FQI66.jpg )
779012

You walk down the stairs right into the secret passage.

You turn on your magical flame to light the tunnel up.

The air is cold and damp, and you feel a slight breeze coming from the end. The tunnel seems to be rather long, making you think it might pop out of the city walls.

There are signs of someone passing by. Mostly small objects being left behind and not smashed.
>>
No. 779015 ID: 398fe1

>>779012
Call out occasionally. Wouldn't want to surprise whoever's been petrifying the demons. Also, collect anything that would be particularly important to return to its owners.

I'm not sure if it's important, but there's a crevice in the wall coming up.
>>
No. 779052 ID: d79f26

move quickly but warily, simply put your hammerhead over possible locations a trap could spring from.
>>
No. 779173 ID: 094652

Keep your axe in a defensive position. If you see anything, shove. You'll put friend or foe off guard and not in the hospital.
>>
No. 779509 ID: 085302

How's the layout of the tunnel by your judgement? Will you have enough room to swing your hammer freely if something awaits you in the dark?

Inspect the objects. There might be valuables or things of sentimental worth left behind that need returning to their owners.
>>
No. 781437 ID: f067ed
File 148760402629.jpg - (60.29KB , 600x600 , FQI67.jpg )
781437

>How's the layout of the tunnel by your judgement? Will you have enough room to swing your hammer freely if something awaits you in the dark?

(It looks like a long straight corridor, nothing fancy or too complicated.

>Inspect the objects. There might be valuables or things of sentimental worth left behind that need returning to their owners.

You check on the ground, most of the items are combs, a shoe, few coins inside a small black silk sack, and a couple of bracelets. A couple of the items seem broken, probably trampled.

>Keep your axe in a defensive position. If you see anything, shove. You'll put friend or foe off guard and not in the hospital.

You pick up the items into the silk sack and start moving into the tunnel, wary of anything that could attack you.
>>
No. 781438 ID: f067ed
File 148760415720.jpg - (62.29KB , 600x600 , FQI68.jpg )
781438

>Call out occasionally. Wouldn't want to surprise whoever's been petrifying the demons.

You call out, and all you get is only your voice echoing into the tunnel

I'm not sure if it's important, but there's a crevice in the wall coming up.

You examine the crevice, it seems it was chiveled in, without many details or care. probably it was used to hold something there, maybe a source of light or supplies.
>>
No. 781440 ID: f067ed
File 148760446160.jpg - (121.04KB , 800x750 , FQI69.jpg )
781440

You finally reach the end of the tunnel.

You realize you are out of the town, as you are right in front of the river outside, you popped out of a wall, looking up it looks it belongs to an abandoned mill.

there are footprints in the mud of the riverbank, moving toward poles. A makeshift harbour, apparently.

Looking around, you don't see any boat down the river. Whatever happened, who passed through here has already been gone for a while...
>>
No. 781442 ID: d79f26

thing to your left. if it's nothing then we should go back, they are long gone by now, unless they come back after a few days there is nothing else we can do.
>>
No. 781460 ID: 398fe1

Yeah aside from... whatever that is in the dirt, I guess this means the madame is safe. Also, you could use this as an escape route if needed.
>>
No. 781503 ID: 085302

>>781442
I suspect it's part of the mechanism that opens the tunnel.
>>
No. 781604 ID: 3abd97

Tracks. Can you tell how many made it?

Regardless, they got out of the town, and you have no means to follow further. And you have a duty here.

Time to turn around.
>>
No. 781749 ID: 8deaa7

Looks like they've left and you can't track them any further. Turn back and deal with the other problems. Also, can you tell where exactly you are in relation to the town, like northeastern part or southwestern part.
>>
No. 782881 ID: 012889
File 148804595183.jpg - (75.03KB , 700x600 , FQI70.jpg )
782881

>thing to your left.
There is a recess in the stone, and it looks mechanical, it might be in fact just part of the mechanism of the secret tunnel.

>Yeah aside from... whatever that is in the dirt, I guess this means the madame is safe. Also, you could use this as an escape route if needed.

>Tracks. Can you tell how many made it?

You have never received any scout training in the army, and the tracks are all confused and messy. But you think at least a good number of people passed by.

>Also, can you tell where exactly you are in relation to the town, like northeastern part or southwestern part.

It looks like the north-east part of the town, you recognize the woods in that direction, on the other side of the river.

>Looks like they've left and you can't track them any further. Turn back and deal with the other problems.

>Regardless, they got out of the town, and you have no means to follow further. And you have a duty here. Time to turn around.

>if it's nothing then we should go back, they are long gone by now, unless they come back after a few days there is nothing else we can do.

You feel kind of relieved to know that Madame Lapisvisum was able to get out, but there is still work to do inside.

So you turn around and get back into the tunnel.
>>
No. 782882 ID: 012889
File 148804614426.jpg - (80.06KB , 850x550 , FQI71.jpg )
782882

Halfway through the tunnel you start hearing rasping and gurgling sounds.

You proceed cautiosly and near the end of the tunnel you end up face to face with a small group of Imps.

They stop in their steps and start glaring at you.

Imp 1: "Hhhhhhhhhhgg?"

Imp 2: "Hhhhhhhhhrrrrnh???"
>>
No. 782883 ID: d79f26

clang clang maxwell's silver hammer came down upon their heads, clang clang maxwell's silver hammer made sure that they were dead.
>>
No. 782909 ID: b7883c

Smash and squish! Smash and squish the imps!
>>
No. 782965 ID: 3abd97

>>782882
It's hammer time.
>>
No. 782983 ID: 96c896

Unleash fiery justice upon the demons.
>>
No. 782989 ID: 72a406

Roar in their general direction! The panic debuff will interfere with their horde tactics and give you the time you need to slowly crush each wimp one by one.
>>
No. 783082 ID: f562b1

>>782882
Just staring? Is that normal for imps? I would think they'd be a more hyperactive demon species.
>>
No. 783131 ID: 96c896

..I guess the worst case scenario is that these aren't imps and it's an illusion to cause friendly fire, but is that even possible? Or something the demon forces would try?
>>
No. 784144 ID: fc7c78
File 148846937880.jpg - (72.00KB , 800x500 , FQI72.jpg )
784144

>clang clang maxwell's silver hammer came down upon their heads, clang clang maxwell's silver hammer made sure that they were dead.

>Smash and squish! Smash and squish the imps!

>It's hammer time.

>Unleash fiery justice upon the demons.

>Roar in their general direction! The panic debuff will interfere with their horde tactics and give you the time you need to slowly crush each wimp one by one.

You seize the initiative and rush forward, smashing the closest imp's skull with the top of your hammer, while bellowing a prayer to hopefully panic the imps.
>>
No. 784147 ID: fc7c78
File 148846960267.jpg - (106.11KB , 650x600 , FQI73.jpg )
784147

But the imps don't react at all. They stand still and keep staring at you.

Imp 2: "Hhhhhgg?"
Imp 3: "Hhhhhhhhgg?"

>Just staring? Is that normal for imps? I would think they'd be a more hyperactive demon species.

They are just staring, which is highly unusual, they are not paralyzed or anything since they are shuffling and twitching on the spot, but they are not reacting at your presence.

>..I guess the worst case scenario is that these aren't imps and it's an illusion to cause friendly fire, but is that even possible? Or something the demon forces would try?

You have not heard of demons being able to cast illusions, since most of them lack enough intellect over their savage behaviours to learn spells.
>>
No. 784150 ID: f562b1

>>784147
Demons likely wouldn't bother even if they had the intellect. Worst case, an unreliable hallucinatory spore trap was left behind in the tunnel (Likely would have been in the wall that got smashed down, to prevent chasers from doing just that), but considering they're still just standing there, it's much more likely they got into some alcohol or something.
>>
No. 784170 ID: 398fe1

Well even if it were an illusion the others would have run away by now. Kill all but one, keep the last one for examination by a wizard or something. Gotta find out what caused this.
>>
No. 784174 ID: 094652

Remember what happened to the cyclops?

Capture these kids alive. De-fang and chain them, but alive. Then get the surviving wizards to analyze these imps, see what makes them docile.
>>
No. 784180 ID: d79f26

something is wrong, you need someone to look at this. i don;t think they are doing this for a 'good reason' like the cyclops but they aren't being normal.
>>
No. 784783 ID: 67d5dc

Perhaps there is a dark wizard somewhere controlling them, and they are distracted by something.

Hopefully a paladin. Maybe your green 'friend' has found something interesting?
>>
No. 787801 ID: 007b4b
File 148967168860.jpg - (69.50KB , 700x700 , FQI74.jpg )
787801

>Demons likely wouldn't bother even if they had the intellect. Worst case, an unreliable hallucinatory spore trap was left behind in the tunnel (Likely would have been in the wall that got smashed down, to prevent chasers from doing just that), but considering they're still just standing there, it's much more likely they got into some alcohol or something.

>Well even if it were an illusion the others would have run away by now. Kill all but one, keep the last one for examination by a wizard or something. Gotta find out what caused this

>Remember what happened to the cyclops?

>Capture these kids alive. De-fang and chain them, but alive. Then get the surviving wizards to analyze these imps, see what makes them docile.

>something is wrong, you need someone to look at this. i don;t think they are doing this for a 'good reason' like the cyclops but they aren't being normal.

>Perhaps there is a dark wizard somewhere controlling them, and they are distracted by something.

You prefer not to think back at the cyclops. They had a reason to fight at least. Demons don't. And they are quite real. Illussions or drugs would not FEEL so real.

At least you hope so.


You kill all of them but one, you need to bring this to someone.

The imp doesn't even try to stop you, and peacefully let you drag him out.
>>
No. 787802 ID: 007b4b
File 148967187666.jpg - (78.64KB , 750x600 , FQI75.jpg )
787802

>Hopefully a paladin. Maybe your green 'friend' has found something interesting?

Hopefully Hugo or someone else has found what is going on.

You walk through the, now almost silent, part of the slums. The imp walking behind you, like a kid following his father.

There are muffled noises coming from different places, but you can't really understand where they originates.
>>
No. 787803 ID: 007b4b
File 148967197247.jpg - (92.88KB , 800x600 , FQI76.jpg )
787803

As you get around the corner, you suddenly end face to face with a Gorger, sitting with his back against a building, silently slurping a leg.

You curse yourself mentally, and try to step back silently. Hoping the demon would not notice you.

But you step on the imp's foot and it yaps.
>>
No. 787804 ID: 007b4b
File 148967203824.jpg - (86.55KB , 900x700 , FQI77.jpg )
787804

The Gorger stops and turns its attention toward you. Slowly taking the leg out of its mouth.

You grasp your hammer, ready to fight.
>>
No. 787805 ID: 007b4b
File 148967216922.jpg - (59.37KB , 750x500 , FQI78.jpg )
787805

But instead of charging or swatting you, the Gorger simply moves his open hand, offering you the leg he was chewing.

Gorger: "Hhhhhhhhhnggggghrrrrrrrr, Hhhhhhhhhrrrrnh? Fffffffhhddd!"
>>
No. 787807 ID: 0555b9

Take offered leg. Go somewhere else to "eat".
>>
No. 787810 ID: d79f26

okay, this went from "odd" to "fucking weird", gorgers will fight other gorgers over food, what could possibly make one give up food?
>>
No. 787833 ID: 188451

Do they see you as a stronger demon or something?
>>
No. 787843 ID: 5cdf3a

What the hell is going on here?
Can you sense magic in some capacity? Try to determine if the aura of the place is different than usual. Though that might already be the case with so many demons around.
>>
No. 787853 ID: 398fe1

Maybe the goblin applied a succubus-powered illusion onto you? To make you look like a powerful demon? This means you will be able to kill demons very easily since they refuse to attack you, but if you run into any of your allies they'll attack you! Only way to test this would be to find an ally.

Anyway, can you kill the Gorger in one hit? Maybe drive the spike of your hammer into its skull?
>>
No. 788451 ID: 3abd97

Worst case scenario: you've been infected, and they recognize it.
>>
No. 788461 ID: bb78f2

>>787805
huh
They're kind to their own if you're infected...
That's nice I guess.
I mean, like horrible for you, obviously, but it means that they... an innate code to be kind to one another. They may not be intelligent, but they have the capacity to actively share.

I don't know how to feel about that.
I don't even know if you should kill this gorger.
I don't know anything anymore.
>>
No. 791695 ID: 44f31f
File 149089957278.jpg - (63.92KB , 700x650 , FQI79.jpg )
791695

>They're kind to their own if you're infected...

>okay, this went from "odd" to "fucking weird", gorgers will fight other gorgers over food, what could possibly make one give up food?

Demons are ruthless even among themselves, they only care about one thing, and it's their own body...

>Do they see you as a stronger demon or something?

>Maybe the goblin applied a succubus-powered illusion onto you? To make you look like a powerful demon? This means you will be able to kill demons very easily since they refuse to attack you, but if you run into any of your allies they'll attack you! Only way to test this would be to find an ally.

>Worst case scenario: you've been infected, and they recognize it.

You look up to the gorger, realizing that it's not offering the leg out of generosity, but out of fear. And you don't really know anything that could scare a monster this size...

You wonder if there has been something you have missed, your body feels the same, only a bit weaker due to the night of sleep you missed...
>>
No. 791696 ID: 44f31f
File 149089973444.jpg - (71.36KB , 750x600 , FQI80.jpg )
791696

>Take offered leg. Go somewhere else to "eat".

You grab the leg, and the gorger gives you a meek smile.

>Anyway, can you kill the Gorger in one hit? Maybe drive the spike of your hammer into its skull?

You decide to test something. You motion the gorger to come closer. An order he follows like a dog.

You then smash the spike of your hammer straight in the middle of its skull. Killing it instantly.

That still is not explaining what is going on, but it might turn out to be useful somehow.
>>
No. 791697 ID: 44f31f
File 149090006598.jpg - (160.28KB , 950x700 , FQI81.jpg )
791697

>What the hell is going on here?

You wish you knew. It seems things in town has being calming down too. There is definitively less screaming occurring at the moment. Hopefully Hugo has taken most of the citizens out.

>Can you sense magic in some capacity? Try to determine if the aura of the place is different than usual. Though that might already be the case with so many demons around.

You don't have ability to sense magic, as your magic is more about healing and damage. The air in the town does feel different anyway, without the need of any detect spell. It smells like blood.

You continue through the streets, making your way toward the town square. You do not encounter any demons, weirdly. Lots of bodies scattered around, half eaten though.

When you reach the blacksmith, you face another weird scene. A group of imps is loading a horseless cart with weapons.

One of them notices you and drop what it was carrying to wave at you, pointing at the cart.

Imp: "HHHHHHHHHHHRNN! WHHHHIPHN!"

The other Imps notice you too, and most of them stop to wave escitedly in your direction,
>>
No. 791698 ID: 44f31f
File 149090012767.jpg - (63.67KB , 600x600 , FQI82.jpg )
791698

Charred One: "What are you morons doing? Who are you waving a..."

Charred One: "..."
>>
No. 791699 ID: 44f31f
File 149090017389.jpg - (51.17KB , 700x600 , FQI83.jpg )
791699

Charred One: "W-W-WATCH OUT F-FIR! DEMONF!!!"
>>
No. 791704 ID: d79f26

grab him, put him into an extremely painful hold and ask him what is going on.
>>
No. 791710 ID: 398fe1

>>791699
Okay, sure. Kill the imps. If he's controlling them somehow and your influence over them is an unexpected effect of whatever he did, you won't want to give him the chance of turning them against you while you're busy restraining him.

Unless you can kill the imps one-handed, in which case just grab him in one hand and ask him why the demons are treating you (and him) like their boss. Is he responsible for what's happened in town? IS HE WORKING FOR THE DEMONS?
>>
No. 791729 ID: 188451

Armor? Do you know of any demons with human enough proportions that they could wear a suit? If not, then you are gonna have to deal with more than just demons. (and the one mage dude who the armor is almost certainly not for)
>>
No. 791734 ID: fee32f

Wait in awkward silence as nothing happens and he slowly realizes he won't get out of this one.
>>
No. 791743 ID: dd4df2

>>791699

Rush forward, smack the Charred One to the ground. It's painfully obvious now what's been going on.

"The demons ignore me, obey me. You've attempted to put something in me, haven't you, traitor? You put something into everyone."

Smack the hammer into his legs and/or hands, disable him from running/casting.

"Yet I feel no pain, nor agony. Nothing stands ready to burst from my chest. If my body and soul is at risk, the change has not yet come to pass. So I have my duty."

Plant the hammer into the ground near his head and tear away his enchanted cowl with your pious hands.

"Confess, Charred One. Confess in the hope that whatever you did to me will be effective soon. Confess your sins. Confess for time, in the vain hope your ploy will work. Confess everything."

Hold the fires of the unquenchable flame up to his naked face, and let him feel the heat.

"For once you are done confessing - I will MAKE JUDGEMENT OVER WHAT LITTLE IS LEFT OF YOUR SORRY SOUL."
>>
No. 791748 ID: 398fe1

Uh, I would like to advise some caution here. It's possible he's simply affected by the same thing that happened to you, and doesn't want to look like he's in league with the demons, because he isn't, and has no idea how it happened in the first place. I mean he could be looting the blacksmith in order to deliver supplies to evacuees.

Though I have to wonder what he was doing out on the streets alone. Shouldn't he have a guard escort or something?
>>
No. 791775 ID: 4c4abe

Catch the Charred One before he even has the time to think of running away. Whatever is happening, he's neck deep in it.
>>
No. 792380 ID: 0d6c82

Say "Quickly, we need to get inside!" Then enter a building with him (dragging him if necessary) as if running from the demons.
Basically; before interrogating this guy about his demon army see if we can get somewhere a bit harder for the demons to access first.
>>
No. 792524 ID: e01e87

CHARRED ONE KISS LUDWIG
>>
No. 793336 ID: bc659d
File 149132051703.jpg - (63.52KB , 650x600 , FQI84.jpg )
793336

>Wait in awkward silence as nothing happens and he slowly realizes he won't get out of this one.

You glare at the Charred One for a couple of seconds, while the imps shift their attention between you and the charred one.

One of the imps coughs.

>grab him, put him into an extremely painful hold and ask him what is going on.

>Rush forward, smack the Charred One to the ground. It's painfully obvious now what's been going on.

>Catch the Charred One before he even has the time to think of running away. Whatever is happening, he's neck deep in it.

>Say "Quickly, we need to get inside!" Then enter a building with him (dragging him if necessary) as if running from the demons.
Basically; before interrogating this guy about his demon army see if we can get somewhere a bit harder for the demons to access first.

You grab the Charred One by the neckwear and pull him into the blacksmith. You are disgusted to see the carcass of the poor guy, laying on the ground half eaten.

Charred One: "UHM... FIR! T-the demonf are ftill out"
>>
No. 793338 ID: bc659d
File 149132090005.jpg - (65.22KB , 650x550 , FQI85.jpg )
793338

You shake him. Making it clear you are not falling for his crap.

Charred One: "Ffffftop! I'm gonna throw up in my mafk!"

You tell him to also cut out with the fake lisp.

Charred One: "Alright Alright Alright! Please stop!"
>>
No. 793340 ID: bc659d
File 149132214719.jpg - (54.26KB , 600x550 , FQI86.jpg )
793340

>Is he responsible for what's happened in town? IS HE WORKING FOR THE DEMONS?

>ask him what is going on.

>"The demons ignore me, obey me. You've attempted to put something in me, haven't you, traitor? You put something into everyone. Yet I feel no pain, nor agony. Nothing stands ready to burst from my chest. If my body and soul is at risk, the change has not yet come to pass. So I have my duty.Confess, Charred One. Confess in the hope that whatever you did to me will be effective soon. Confess your sins. Confess for time, in the vain hope your ploy will work. Confess everything."

>Armor? Do you know of any demons with human enough proportions that they could wear a suit? If not, then you are gonna have to deal with more than just demons. (and the one mage dude who the armor is almost certainly not for)
You order him to tell you what is going on. Why is he working with demons, and why they are not attacking him.

Charred One: "I'm just following orders from the Flame"

You shake him violently.

Charred One: "STOP! IT'S TRUE! I SWEAR! I received order to seize the temple in the mountain. To see if there are still dragons alive down there. All i did was preparing a countermeasure"


You ask if he means the demons, and why would he resolve to using them. Causing this kind of massacre among the population. And why are they taking weapons with them.

Charred One: "I-it's necessary! The demons are the only creatures that can face a dragon! Fight fire with fire! All i did was creating a bait for demons to follow. It wasn't supposed to trigger unless i was forced! The egg was the cause!!!"

You ask him what is he talking about.

Charred One: "Our... spies have told us that an adventurer managed to find a living dragon egg. I couldn't imagine he'd bring the egg toward the mountain! It's his fault. W-whoever it was!"


You turn silent as you realize you have met the adventurer. You gave him free access to the town that was turned into demons...

You then ask why are the demon not attacking him on sight.

Charred One: "I... took my precautions..."

You ask him if he also gave you this precautions, since the demons are obeying your orders.

Charred One: "Ob... Oh..."

You wait for an answer that is not coming.

Then you shake him again.

Charred One: "OK! OK! OK! You... might have been chosen as a vessel for Infester. But i have no idea why you haven't transformed already!"
>>
No. 793345 ID: 48237d

If your time is limited you should kill him now. He can't be allowed to continue commanding demons.
>>
No. 793348 ID: d79f26

because you are a badass with an iron will.

and if this infestor is in you, then it knows that if you start changing you are perfectly willing to set yourself on fire to kill it.

also, what's so bad about dragons? be sure to also remember that life is not black and white, a dragon just like people could be good or evil and if all the dragons were killed just because they were powerful but not all evil then letting the dragon live is another step on redeeming your religion.
>>
No. 793350 ID: 8deaa7

Try to get more information out of him like how did he get the whole town to turn. After that kill him.

We also need to find out if any others survived and to investigate Charred One's belongings for these orders or anything related to what has happened
>>
No. 793364 ID: 398fe1

>>793340
I think it's time to see what's under the mask. Then ask who in the Flame has been giving him these orders.
>>
No. 793401 ID: bb78f2

>>793340
What exactly does the church have against dragons? Why enough hatred to think that it's worth sacrificing a whole town over?

It doesn't seem to be taught publicly that dragon's are evil, only a myth, so a naive and good adventurer, not knowing the whole story, of course would do something like this because, well it sounds like an adventure that doesn't have some evil goal. If anything, it's more the church's fault for resorting to these extreme measures, because right now, a dragon seems a lot less worse than these demons.
>>
No. 793412 ID: 188451

You mind listing an infester's abilities for us Ludwig? Would be a thing to keep an eye out for if nothing else.

Curing ourselves should be up there in priority. Is everyone suppose to turn into demons or only certain people?

>You gave him free access to the town that was turned into demons
No one who was not in the plan could have known. The people who decided that spawning fucking *demons* is the right protocol are to blame.
>>
No. 793436 ID: 1226ae

>>793340
Make a personal note to kill him for the unthinkable and utterly inhuman atrocity he has performed this day.

Though we should force him to write out a confession beforehand as well.

Unfortunately, I think I understand one of the things that happened. Father Grimdoom has been infected and is possessed by an Infestor. Everyone he's healed with his magic has been corrupted by demons. Find out who in the Order has unleashed his atrocity and prepare to spend your last days seeking vengeance.
>>
No. 793439 ID: 91ee5f

You're a racist. Dragons don't automatically attack anyone. They only burn down villages when the villages attack first! Also, look around at how many people you killed! This is worse than anything a dragon can do!
>>
No. 793470 ID: ca7e3d

There is no justification for this. Even if dragons are evil or your religion hates them, nothing could possibly make this justifiable. Remember the goblin girl. Make him pay.
>>
No. 793616 ID: dd4df2

>>793340

He's either a fool and an unconscionable mass-murderer or a glib liar and an unconscionable mass-murderer.

If it's not in your nature to end him for the above reasons, at least disrobe, disarm, gag and bind him and put him somewhere this Infestor will not easily find him should you turn. If you've got a writing implement or a piece of coal from the smithy, you could label him helpfully as 'traitor' and 'responsible' in case you're unable to say so yourself later. IF anyone, Hugo will be bound to investigate, for sure.

Speaking of which... you'll want to search him to see if he's carrying any bottles of holy fire like the one you passed to that Ranidae. From here on, you might have need of a quick self-immolating pyre should you start to turn.
>>
No. 793617 ID: 1226ae

>>793616
Actually, we know that the Demons inside people can perceive the outside world. No matter where we hid him, the Demon would easily be able to hunt him down anyway.

Oh, by the way, Grimdoom? The life-draining magic you've been using? The reason you've been feeling so weak? The reason you haven't 'burst' yet is because you've been channeling the demon's essence into other people.

Your healing spells have killed everyone they've touched and saved your life unintentionally.
>>
No. 793618 ID: dd4df2

>>793617

Fair point and... oh dear.
>>
No. 793628 ID: 66489a
File 149141299130.jpg - (74.76KB , 750x500 , FQI87.jpg )
793628

>Try to get more information out of him like how did he get the whole town to turn. After that kill him.

>You mind listing an infester's abilities for us Ludwig? Would be a thing to keep an eye out for if nothing else.

You have no idea what an Infester is. It's not among the commonly known demons. You order Charred One to tell you what it is.

Charred One: "Not what. Who. Infester. One of the primordial ones! Demons weren't always savage! The oldest ones were cunning and powerful. Infester, Usurper, Devourer and Betrayer... The progenitors of all demons. It feels the egg presence. It's coming, there is nothing you can do to stop it."

>because you are a badass with an iron will.

>and if this infestor is in you, then it knows that if you start changing you are perfectly willing to set yourself on fire to kill it.

>Curing ourselves should be up there in priority. Is everyone suppose to turn into demons or only certain people?

You tell him that you are going to do whatever is necessary to keep yourself from trasnforming. And in case you'd take your own life. You order him to reveal the cure for this infection.

Charred One: "IT'S NOT AN INFECTION, YOU MORON! Demons are spilling from the spiritual realm and taking over the flesh of people. All i did was directing them to their targets! And you have helped too!"

>Oh, by the way, Grimdoom? The life-draining magic you've been using? The reason you've been feeling so weak? The reason you haven't 'burst' yet is because you've been channeling the demon's essence into other people.

>Your healing spells have killed everyone they've touched and saved your life unintentionally.

You take a second or two to rationalize what he's saying.

Charred One: "Yeah! You distribute the potions i made to everyone! That was your role in this!"
>>
No. 793629 ID: 66489a
File 149141333727.jpg - (75.14KB , 750x550 , FQI88.jpg )
793629

You yell that you had no idea about his treachery.

Charred One: "IT'S NOT TREACHERY! It was an order from the Flame itself"

>What exactly does the church have against dragons? Why enough hatred to think that it's worth sacrificing a whole town over?

It's getting more and more difficult to keep a cold head in this situation. You yell that the church would have never caused such atrocities in the name of something like that. Why even dragons? There hasn't been a sight of dragons in centuries.

Charred One: "You are a fucking fool! They must not come back! The Flame needs time!"

>There is no justification for this. Even if dragons are evil or your religion hates them, nothing could possibly make this justifiable. Remember the goblin girl. Make him pay.

>If your time is limited you should kill him now. He can't be allowed to continue commanding demons.

>I think it's time to see what's under the mask. Then ask who in the Flame has been giving him these orders.

Angrier than ever, you ask what his real intentions are, what he knows about this whole deal and who he really is, to provoke such indiscriminate massacres in the name of your own religion.

You grab his hood with your other hand, and pull.
>>
No. 793630 ID: 66489a
File 149141340942.jpg - (72.92KB , 600x600 , FQI89.jpg )
793630

Charred One: "I'm a true servant of the Unquenchable Flame. Since the beginning of the war"
>>
No. 793631 ID: 66489a
File 149141356618.jpg - (74.86KB , 650x550 , FQI90.jpg )
793631

He throws something in your face.

Something sticky and smelly. It stings your eyes and the surprise makes you let go of him.

Charred One: "The reason you haven't been told anything about this is because your friend warned us about your depression and altruism. We need to be ruthless now. There is little time."
>>
No. 793633 ID: 398fe1

>>793631
You are bad at keeping a hostage secure!

Summon flames and send them in all directions. He should still be close to you. You can catch him in the blast. Then wipe your eyes while he's either dodging the flames or panicking from being on fire.

Can you verify somehow that a demon is trying to take over your body? Don't kill yourself to stop it unless you're sure it's going to happen. I mean, he could be lying to try to get you to off yourself. At the very least you need to find your orc friend and tell him what's really going on.
>>
No. 793664 ID: f6a086

Well. It's clear WHERE the 'Unquenchable Flame' comes from now. You know, this might be a good analogy for our obsession with fire.

This Ranidae is ruthless but cripplingly idiotic, he just infested an entire city and mutated hundreds of innocent souls when he could have just talked to the dumb adventurer about the dangers of dragons and that it would be better for everyone if the little dragon princess was raised in the comfort of the Unquenchable Flame and how they are secretly uplifting the Ranidae and how Flycatcher could take on an apprenticeship. All because the smartass alchemist who can usurp and raid an entire town by himself was either too disconnected to realize there was another frog in the pond or too shy to just talk to him.

WASTE HIM.
>>
No. 793703 ID: 1226ae

>>793631
You allowed him to poison you. Quick, headbutt him!

Also, it's clear now, the church has been entirely corrupted by demons, from top to bottom! The Order's most holy of holies being possessed was no accident. It's clear now that the demonic possession was no more than an excuse by the lesser-ranking priests to continue their demon-summoning plague upon the lands.

You, Father Grimdoom, are possibly humanity's last hope for survival! The demon-plague has been called by your order's treacherous leaders, and you've only got yourself to stand against it for so long as Infestor does not completely subjugate your will!

...So probably the next forty five seconds. Make em count!
>>
No. 793989 ID: 3abd97

>>793631
Time's up. He's betrayed you, he doomed this town, he's a fanatic, and he sees altruism as a weakness. Kill him.
>>
No. 794064 ID: b7883c

Maybe he's lying or maybe the corruption runs deeper, but what's clear right now is that he is doing evil and must be stopped. Keep a hold of him if you can and kill him with your other hand or your powers.
>>
No. 794135 ID: 237f2d
File 149159866529.jpg - (67.97KB , 700x550 , FQI91.jpg )
794135

>You allowed him to poison you. Quick, headbutt him!

Whatever threw in your face it reeks and stings. You put your hand on your face and starts evaporating the liquid with your powers.

Charred One: "Do not fight it! If you truly want to be a servant of the flame, help me!"
>>
No. 794136 ID: 237f2d
File 149159876360.jpg - (62.38KB , 700x550 , FQI92.jpg )
794136

>Summon flames and send them in all directions. He should still be close to you. You can catch him in the blast. Then wipe your eyes while he's either dodging the flames or panicking from being on fire.

As soon as you manage to regain your eyesight you cast a burst of flame in his direction. You do not have the time to aim properly, and the spell doesn't come out powerful enough to hurt him. But it does distract him.
>>
No. 794137 ID: 237f2d
File 149159891782.jpg - (75.97KB , 900x550 , FQI93.jpg )
794137

>This Ranidae is ruthless but cripplingly idiotic, he just infested an entire city and mutated hundreds of innocent souls when he could have just talked to the dumb adventurer about the dangers of dragons and that it would be better for everyone if the little dragon princess was raised in the comfort of the Unquenchable Flame and how they are secretly uplifting the Ranidae and how Flycatcher could take on an apprenticeship. All because the smartass alchemist who can usurp and raid an entire town by himself was either too disconnected to realize there was another frog in the pond or too shy to just talk to him.

>WASTE HIM.

>You, Father Grimdoom, are possibly humanity's last hope for survival! The demon-plague has been called by your order's treacherous leaders, and you've only got yourself to stand against it for so long as Infestor does not completely subjugate your will!

>...So probably the next forty five seconds. Make em count!

>Time's up. He's betrayed you, he doomed this town, he's a fanatic, and he sees altruism as a weakness. Kill him.

>Maybe he's lying or maybe the corruption runs deeper, but what's clear right now is that he is doing evil and must be stopped. Keep a hold of him if you can and kill him with your other hand or your powers.

You quickly grab him again, lifting him from the ground, and you ready your fist to cave his skull in.

You yell that you are going to do whatever is in your power to stop you and whatever infection is going through you.
>>
No. 794138 ID: 237f2d
File 149159902517.jpg - (52.41KB , 650x550 , FQI94.jpg )
794138

You don't manage to throw the punch, as your arm suddenly start shaking, a fit of pain runs through it and right into your spine.
>>
No. 794139 ID: 237f2d
File 149159911225.jpg - (57.48KB , 600x600 , FQI95.jpg )
794139

The pain is unbelievable, you feel every single inch of skin, bone and nerves being ripped apart as something makes its way through them, bursting through your hand and your gauntlet.

The pain is so powerful, you drop to your knees.

>>
No. 794142 ID: 094652

Well, you're boned. Stabby stabby the old toad.
>>
No. 794145 ID: 237f2d
File 149159939015.jpg - (64.67KB , 650x600 , FQI96.jpg )
794145

You look through your tears at what you once called your arm. It squirms, trying to clatch the air, not anymore in your control. You block it with your other arm.

Charred One: "Do not fight it, let it come. It will hurt less."

You murmur a curse, while the pain in your arm runs over to your shoulder. You can hear your skin rip under your armor.

Charred One: "The demons need a warleader. Someone that will command them in their battle against the dragon's force. I can see why Infester chose you, but do not think for a moment you will ever be able to resist it. Your time is almost over Ludwig. But your sacrifice will not be forgotten."
>>
No. 794147 ID: 0555b9

Initiate self destruct! Blow it all up!
>>
No. 794154 ID: d79f26

cut his head off with those claws. then light yourself on fire.
>>
No. 794160 ID: bb78f2

>>794145
Use the same magic you used on that goblin giving birth on The Charred One. Use it to the point it kills you of exhaustion and purges all demonic energies into him.

He'll become a host of some low level demon spawn and you're body will be unhostable.
>>
No. 794162 ID: 398fe1

The transformation started the instant you said you were gonna fight the infection and thought to yourself that your time was short. The potion he threw at you wasn't poison, it's a hallucinogen. Try to disbelieve. He's goading you into killing yourself right now.

He's lying to you, because the demons attacked you before. If they started treating you as a leader it's not because you're infected-- that would have happened right as the demonic invasion started, so you would have been able to order them around from the beginning. It's because of something he did before he stepped out into the streets after the battle was over.
>>
No. 794169 ID: 3abd97

>>794145
Grab the charred one in a full body hug.

Then immolate yourself.

The fire will purge the traitor, your body, than that which would claim it.
>>
No. 794203 ID: 1226ae

>>794160
I agree with this sentiment. Dump as much of your lifeforce as possible into the idiot frog's body. Infestor will be weakened and Charred Bastard will explode into demons.

Also it'll probably kill you. In this situation I'd say this is probably a positive considering the alternative.
>>
No. 794223 ID: b412df

>>794160
This makes sense I think. He probably expects you to try and kill / immolate yourself, so this might not be something he expected.
>>
No. 794245 ID: 91ee5f

>>794160
Do this while shouting, "You want a demon that badly?! THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!!"
>>
No. 794675 ID: aa703d
File 149176438640.jpg - (78.52KB , 735x600 , FQI97.jpg )
794675

>The transformation started the instant you said you were gonna fight the infection and thought to yourself that your time was short. The potion he threw at you wasn't poison, it's a hallucinogen. Try to disbelieve. He's goading you into killing yourself right now.

You try to disbelieve, but the pain is way too real to be just an illusion.

You think you are almost getting used to it, when you feel a crack and your armor burst open as new ribs pop out of your chest, almost as they are trying to grab your breastplate.
>>
No. 794677 ID: aa703d
File 149176471936.jpg - (73.29KB , 600x600 , FQI98.jpg )
794677

>Grab the charred one in a full body hug.

>Use the same magic you used on that goblin giving birth on The Charred One. Use it to the point it kills you of exhaustion and purges all demonic energies into him.

>Well, you're boned. Stabby stabby the old toad.

>Then immolate yourself.

>Do this while shouting, "You want a demon that badly?! THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!!"

You pull closer the Charred One, forcing what remains of your arm to stab the bastard with your newly formed demonic claws.

You yell that if he loves demons so much he will love getting one inside while you both burn slowly.

You then whisper your last spell, as you immolate your own body. Even the burning sensation of the fire is numbed compared to the pain currently wasting your body.

You look at him, triumphantly. But al you get back is a gargling laugh that is completely dissonant with the expression of pain painted on his face.
>>
No. 794678 ID: aa703d
File 149176506401.jpg - (61.03KB , 700x550 , FQI99.jpg )
794678

Charred One opens up his mouth and something peeks out.

???: "Sorry to disappoint you, but i'm afraid this body is already occupied."

???: "And do you really think we, that are true servants of the flame. Touched by Ignis Cor himself, will be harmed by fire? Thanks for giving me this last laugh, before your soul is consumed forever, Ludwig. I will treasure it."


And then your consciousness fades completely when you feel the demon finally passing into this world, and into your body.
>>
No. 794680 ID: aa703d
File 149176524618.jpg - (54.21KB , 600x550 , FQI100.jpg )
794680

Back again.
Hungry already.
First thing first.
You climb up the nearest building.

>>
No. 794681 ID: aa703d
File 149176537575.jpg - (69.36KB , 750x550 , FQI101.jpg )
794681

As you reach the roof of the building, you breath in the air of the world.

Fresh air. You missed that feeling.

And then you let out a Howl.

And howl so powerful everyone can hear in a radius bigger than the town itself.

>>
No. 794682 ID: aa703d
File 149176548554.jpg - (97.02KB , 600x740 , FQI102.jpg )
794682

You beckon the demons in town.

The time of feasting and playing is over.

>>
No. 794684 ID: aa703d
File 149176560024.jpg - (91.73KB , 800x550 , FQI103.jpg )
794684

You all have a job to do.

There is a temple to destroy and an egg that must not hatch.

>>
No. 794685 ID: aa703d
File 149176575302.jpg - (225.62KB , 650x850 , FQIEND.jpg )
794685

And most importantly, there is a little shitty frog that needs to pay for sending you back on the other side of the barrier before you were able to lay your hand on that egg.


END OF THE INTERMISSION
>>
No. 794686 ID: 398fe1

>>794685
Well I guess the last 4 updates were pointless then.
>>
No. 794691 ID: 91ee5f

>>794685
I have to call bullshit here!

We've been told that this guy is an Infester Demon, yet what the demon is saying here is suggesting that he's the same demon that Flycatcher killed back in Thread 1!

I don't see how that's possible, since the demon that Flycatcher killed was identified as a Fetcher Demon, not an Infester Demon!

So why is the Infester Demon saying that he's the one that got killed by Flycatcher?
>>
No. 794693 ID: d79f26

>>794691
it's simple. he's Infester, the fetcher. he's a named monster, this give em boosted stats and a special ability. in this case infestation. he stabbed flycatcher before and flycatcher had to get a soul cleansing because had a small demon growing on him.
>>
No. 794696 ID: aa703d

>>794691

Because he is.

Like Charred One said it better: "Not what. Who. Infester. One of the primordial ones! Demons weren't always savage! The oldest ones were cunning and powerful. Infester, Usurper, Devourer and Betrayer... The progenitors of all demons."

It isn't just a fetcher, It is the First Fetcher.
>>
No. 794697 ID: 70983e

>>794691
Were you not listening when the Charred One said Infester is not a what but a who or is that just your default state
>>
No. 794699 ID: 91ee5f

>>794697
No, I wasn't paying attention. I tend to not listen to the guy we're trying to kill because they usually lie to try and avoid getting killed.
>>
No. 794721 ID: 1226ae

>>794696
He's a bit of a scrub if a random frog with two potions of Cure Light Wounds and no formal combat training can take him out. Let's be honest here, the Demons aren't that much of a threat. I mean, certainly, the hundreds, if not thousands of lives snuffed out because of arrogance, greed and stupidity are certainly a problem, but they're complete pushovers in battle. That alchemist was way more of a problem. Only thing that really surprises me is that no one's regularly been running Demon Detectors over the Flame since that whole PREVIOUS apocalyptic war they started thanks to demons.
>>
No. 794725 ID: d9d165

>>794721
Infester likely created a low-level clone of himself by 'infesting' someone, like he tried with Flycatcher, and that clone was designed for a quick smash-and-grab through a trapped but deserted area, not any sort of combat.
>>
No. 794754 ID: 188451

>>794721
He was trapped for a really long time, right? He might have been short on whatever type of energy they use.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password