[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 718221)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146128671032.png - (19.31KB , 800x600 , vol3header simple.png )
718221 No. 718221 ID: 15a025

Volume 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/679483.html
Intermission - Candy's quest: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/689526.html
Volume 2: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/692289.html

Discussion thread: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/96175.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 718222 ID: 15a025
File 146128676781.png - (13.74KB , 800x600 , last time.png )
718222

Last time on Blind Quest! Rainy returns from her training mission out in the woods only to find out all sorts of crazy shit happened while she was gone! Her best friend Candy was attacked by an incompetent terrorist group and said terrorist group also went out and kidnapped the princess! Shortly after her return, boss man gives her another job to check out some creepy ass circus that might be ran by terrorists! Aided by her new allies, Officer Digs, a silent armadillo who's completely immune to the effects of magic and enchantments, and Officer Nibbles, a small mouse who has an eye for enchantments. Together the three of them with the help of Candy and her new chimera buddy Tybalt, discover a secret group of badger chimera cultists beneath the circus. They all swiftly put an end to that shit and find some research notes. Some asshole royal knight kill Tybalt upon everyone's escape from the lab. Later Candy and Rainy find out these cultist jerks played a part in Rainy's kidnapping a few months ago thanks to the research notes. Then it's party time at the King's Castle! On the way Rainy got attacked by more idiot terrorists and that badger jerk Trish. Then at the castle She meets her new body guard Oscar, a pretty chill water mage professor guy. During her stay she gets cursed twice because Oscar is terrible at staying watch! Now they're sailing off to go save the Princess and fuck up some terrorists in the process and hopefully restore peace to this frozen wasteland of a kingdom.
>>
No. 718223 ID: 15a025
File 146128690397.png - (49.40KB , 800x600 , which mage.png )
718223

"So how's it feel traveling on a boat?"
"Not that great honestly. It's pretty freezing out here and this little swaying feeling is making me sick to my stomach."
"Ah you'll get used to it. Hopefully... Here's a swell idea, why not get to know the other members here?"
"Oh yeah, didn't the King say he was sending three other mages with us? What can you tell me about them?"
"Now if I told you about them wouldn't that be cheating?"
"I guess it would be. Could you at least give me their names?"
"I suppose I could do that. There's Ronda the earth mage, Buddy the light mage, and Don the fire mage. His Highness also sent us three of his best men from the royal guard but it's best to leave them be, they're not very talkative. Course if you're feeling shy you're more than welcome to stick around and freeze with me up here."

Spooky guide spirits, anyone in particular you feel like visiting first or should I just visit who-ever? I could also stand and talk to Oscar a bit, but it's really chilly up here.
>>
No. 718229 ID: a075ba

>>718223
Well, Buddy might be interested after Oscar's description before. Or failing that, Ronda is the earth mage, which matches our element.
>>
No. 718352 ID: 0461fb

I think we should go see Ronda, she matches our element.
>>
No. 718470 ID: 7b65b9

You should just visit who you'd like to visit. I'm sure you can talk to them both eventually. Maybe flip a coin on it?
>>
No. 718548 ID: 15a025
File 146138907244.gif - (3.60KB , 800x600 , happybuddy.gif )
718548

>Well, Buddy might be interested after Oscar's description before.
"Could you tell me where Buddy might be?"
"I can see him from right here, he's just hanging by the starboard bow."
"Starboard bow?"
"Right side of the front of the ship."
"Thanks Oscar!"
"From now on it's Captain Scallop to yee!"
"Okay, thanks Captain Scallop"

I leave Os-Captain Scallop's little control room place and head to the starboard bow.
"Excuse me, are yo-"
"Oh boy! Oh boy! It's a nice little deer lady! Did you come all the way down here just to talk to me? That's so nice!"
"I did come down here to talk with you. Your name's Buddy right?"
"Whoa! We've just met and you already know my name! I kind of feel bad for not really knowing your name now."
"My name's Rainy, it's a pleasure to meet you Buddy!"
"Aw, it's a pleasure to me you too Rainy! Oh....oh boy! That's a very fancy stick you've got there! I hate to ask but can we play fetch! Oh can we please play fetch, I love playing fetch!"
"Ah....maybe? Tell me a little about your-self first."

"Yay! I'm a nice Golden Lab and my name's Buddy and I love meeting new friends! My bestest friend happens to be my teacher, Lain! She's such a gentle Griffon!"
"Did you say she was a...Griffon?"
"Yup! Just as a small secret between us...She's secretly the light sage! Don't tell anyone that or else she might get mad at me fly away to somewhere else. If you like cool enchantment tricks I know all sorts of cool ones I..aww...never mind."
"What's wrong?"
"You've got an earth gem on, that means you must like earth tricks more..."
"No, I'd love to see your tricks Buddy! Well actually I'd love to be able to see in general."
"You'd like to see...in general? Wait...are you saying you're blind! Oh gosh I'm so sorry Rainy! I didn't know honestly! I...I take it that gorgeous stick you have is for getting around?"
"No no no, it's fine Buddy."
"Really? Oh good, I thought you were going to get all mad at me for a second there and not want to be friends anymore. So is there anything else you'd like to know? Anything you wanna do? Play fetch with me?"
>>
No. 718714 ID: 7b65b9

I think you should ask to see some of his enchantment tricks.
>>
No. 718763 ID: a075ba

>>718548
Wow. He sure is an overeager puppy dog, isn't he.

You'd think he'd know your name anyways, assuming there was some kind of briefing. The king didn't literally shove his mages on the boat without telling them what was going on, did he?

>"You've got an earth gem on, that means you must like earth tricks more..."
Most of your gem's tricks aren't really earth specific.
>>
No. 718875 ID: 15a025
File 146154009536.gif - (14.25KB , 800x600 , buddy used orb.gif )
718875

>Wow. He sure is an overeager puppy dog, isn't he?
He sure is. Now I get why Oscar everyone gets along with him. He's too adorable and innocent to not like.

>You'd think he'd know your name anyways, assuming there was some kind of briefing. The king didn't literally shove his mages on the boat without telling them what was going on, did he?
I'm sure the King briefed the other mages before we were shoved off to sea. If he didn't then...it's going to be a long boat ride then.

>Most of your gem's tricks aren't really earth specific.
"Don't feel too bad about the earth gem Buddy. Most of the enchantments on it are just neutral ones."
"But still...Ronda would be way better at impressing you with her tricks. You'd actually be able to learn and use stuff she shows you."

>I think you should ask to see some of his enchantment tricks.
"Well, what if despite all that, I still want to see your tricks."
"Really...?
"Sure! Show me some nice tricks."
"Oh boy, oh boy! The pretty deer lady wants to see my tricks after all! Hmm...what's something I could show you....Oh, oh! I know! I know!
Out of no-where something starts tickling me everywhere!
"He..hey that tickles! What are you doing!"
"I made some magic feathers and now I'm tickling you with them!"
"O..okay! Stop that tickles! What other tricks you got Buddy?"
"Say, you're shaking like a little leaf there. Here let me help out with that."
A ball of light pops up on the blindar and hits me, it doesn't hurt though. It actually feels nice and warm. Kind of refreshing too.
"Hey, I'm not to chilly now. Thanks Buddy! You're a good friend"
"What! Who? Me? I'm a good friend! This is the best boat ride ever!"
Buddy rushes up to me and gives me a hug and licks me??? O...okay...
"That little trick I did helps keep your soul happy and clean for a bit by warming it up with the user's happiness. The happier I am, the better it feels!"
"How long does it last and what's the cool down on it?"
It lasts...about a half hour. By 'cool down' do you mean how long the magic sleeps for?, if so it takes a long five hour nap before it wakes up and I can use it again."
The Blindar changed color! Everything looks kind of happy and yellowish on here now.

"A...are we going to play fetch now? Can we oh please can we play fetch! I love playing fetch! I can keep doing some tricks too if you'd like! Or...do you need to go do something else now?
>>
No. 718887 ID: a075ba

I'm kind of wondering how he concentrated on one thing long enough to become a mage, let alone an archmage.

>"That little trick I did helps keep your soul happy and clean for a bit by warming it up with the user's happiness. The happier I am, the better it feels!"
Well that's pretty useful considering the nasty curse stuff you had targeting your soul, before.

>"A...are we going to play fetch now? Can we oh please can we play fetch! I love playing fetch!
Have mercy on him. Play fetch.

Pick somewhere to play where you're not going to accidentally toss your cane overboard. (Which also means no using super-robo strength to throw it a mile).
>>
No. 719110 ID: 15a025
File 146162617770.png - (14.04KB , 800x600 , shiprooms1.png )
719110

>I'm kind of wondering how he concentrated on one thing long enough to become a mage, let alone an archmage.
Let's hope I never end up on the receiving end of his more dangerous tricks. Just thinking about Buddy being mad enough to hurt or kill someone is seems like it'd be pretty horrifying.

>That trick is pretty useful considering the nasty curse stuff you had targeting your soul, before.
Hopefully his little trick can "do the trick" and help me get some decent sleep tonight as well.

>Have mercy on him! Play fetch. Pick somewhere to play where you're not going to accidentally toss your cane overboard
Mercy it shall be!
"Ah...I...I don't know. Say, who's a good dog?"
"Gee...that's kind of a hard question to answer. I know a couple nice dogs I could introduce you to sometime.
"Come on Buddy, who's a good boy?"
"Whoa, that's even harder to answer. Who could ever truly deserve such a noble title?"
"You!"
[color=yellow]"Who! Me! I'm a good boy? I'm a good dog?! Rainy...this...this is like the best day ever!"

"It's about to get even better! Go fetch the stick Buddy!"
I whip the walking stick across the ship deck. Buddy instantly jets after the stick, happily barking as he runs for it. I think about timing him but he's back with the stick before I can even start counting.
"Again!"

I sit and play fetch with him till I his cute little trick wore off. Now it's back to being cold in this freezing weather again...
"Oh gee Rainy thank you so much for playing fetch with me! Nobody ever sits and plays fetch with me now days. Oscar's always so busy teaching, Ronda would play fetch with me but can't really throw the stick far, and Don just doesn't like playing fetch."
Buddy hugs me and gives me another big wet "kiss". I grab the stick from Buddy and realize it's all wet and covered in slobber.
"Whops...sorry about getting your nice fancy stick all messy like that, here let me dry it off with one of my tricks!"
Buddy chants some jibberish and the stick starts to feel all nice and warm, kind of like how his little ball of happy light felt.
"Thanks Buddy!"
"No problem Rainy! I just wish I knew how to warm you up some more. You really shouldn't be standing out here in the cold like this in a sweeter, my little trick only lasts so long and I'm starting to think it's wearing off. Why don't you go inside and talk to Ronda or Don? If you stay out here you might get sick from the cold."
"Speaking of the cold, why are you sitting out here in this crappy weather?"
"I'm a watch a dog here, I gotta stay on the lookout for any sneaky chimeras that might be lurking about here."
"Okay...? Think you could tell me where Ronda is?"
"Sure thing! Just head inside and walk around a bit, it's the fourth door on the right."

I feel around for Buddy and give him a light pat on the head.
"Thanks a bunch Buddy, I really enjoyed talking with you."
"No, thank you Rainy! I think meeting you and playing fetch is going to be the highlight of the day!"
"Oh for quick reference, where is Oscar's, Don's, and your room at?"
Let me think...Oscar's just crashing up in the control room place with the wheel and all the flashing buttons, Don's staying in the room across from Ronda, and I'm sleeping in the room left to the entrance, which is also where you're also staying! [small]Oscar told me about your little sleeping problems, don't worry! No one's gonna hurt you while I'm on watch!

I make a small mental note of where all the rooms are and head off to see Ronda.
>>
No. 719111 ID: 15a025
File 146162621260.gif - (8.95KB , 800x600 , rondas room.gif )
719111

I reach Ronda's room and knock on her door.
"Who is it?"
"Rainy, can I come in?"
"I don't know, can you come in?
"May I come in?"
"You may enter."
I open the door and enter Ronda's room. As soon as I come in she greets me.

"Well aren't you just a cutie! Would you care for a cup of tea?"
"Yes please."
"Here let me help you over to the table. Do you like cookies?"
"I love cookies!"
I hear wings flap and something perches itself onto my head
"Eep!"
"Sorry for the scare! Anywho table is ten steps forward and three steps to the right."
"I appreciate your help but I've got a walking stick to help me get around."
"Sorry!"
Ronda flies off my head and I walk over to the table. She brews up some tasty smelling tea while I snack on some of her cookies.

"So, other than the tea, what can I do for you?"
>>
No. 719279 ID: 3641d4

Kiss her
Just eat all her cookies and ask for more. You seem to have horrible luck at getting food these days.
>>
No. 719304 ID: cd90cb

Yes, kiss her!
>>
No. 719308 ID: 7b65b9

Tell her that Buddy said she could show you some cool enchantment tricks, and ask to see some.
While she's getting that that prepared kiss her.
>>
No. 719320 ID: a075ba

Man it must be even harder to make tea and cookies without hands as an owl. A full teapot is probably close to her own weight. Thank goodness for magic, I suppose.

>"So, other than the tea, what can I do for you?"
Just looking to get in out of the cold and get to know the people I'm traveling with a little better.
>>
No. 719491 ID: 15a025
File 146178993297.gif - (20.17KB , 800x600 , akward animation.gif )
719491

>Just looking to get in out of the cold and get to know the people I'm traveling with a little better.
"I'm just trying to get out of this crappy weather out there and get to know everyone here a bit more."
"No matter where we get sent, it's always a snow storm out there. If you ever get too cold go talk to Don. Fire enchantments are his specialty."

>Man it must be even harder to make tea and cookies without hands as an owl. A full teapot is probably close to her own weight. Thank goodness for magic, I suppose.
"Sorry if this comes off as a little rude, but how are you able to make tea and cookies without...hands?"
"Same as someone with hooves, enchantments! I've got one that'll coat my wings with some magic magnetic stuff that'll pick up anything I touch. Problem is I can't really fly around with the stuff on. I've also got a cute little chipmunk spirit I can summon to help me out but he tires easily."
"You can summon a spirit? That's amazing!"
"It takes a lot of years of careful practice to do so, if you lose focus during the summon at all...you kind of kill the spirit... Whops! Tea is ready!"
"Want me to help you out over there?"
"Oh no don't get up! I've got things under control here."

>Just eat all her cookies and ask for more. You seem to have horrible luck at getting food these days.
Well I will agree I've been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to food, that's no reason to just eat up all of someone else's food. I...I'll just take two for now.
I listen to Ronda struggle with carrying the tea over to the table While I eat the delicious chocolate chip cookies.
"Are you sure you don't need help with all that?"
"I'm fine, thank you. Do you like sugar with your tea?"
"Just plain."
"Here you are, one hot cup of tea! How were the cookies?"
"Lovely!"
"If you think those were good, you ought to try the ones I bake!"
"You didn't make these?"
"No, one of cooks from the castle made these yesterday and let me take some for our little trip. So, what did you want to talk about again?
"Oh, Buddy mentioned you knew some cool enchantment tricks. Think you could teach me some?"
"If you mean teach you some enchantments I can't. The magic comes from the stones, not us ourselves, unless you're a mage or a sage. Still, that doesn't mean I can't give you some tips general tips to use what you have more proficiently. For instance, did you know giving your enchantments little nicknames actually makes them a little more powerful?"
"Why's that?"
"It gives you a stronger bond with the stone."
"That's kind of cool!"

"Here's another little tip, the more you use an enchantment, the stronger it gets. Eventually things get to a point where you can start putting your own little twists and tricks into things. For instance, I hear old Scallop up there put an enchantment that lets you grow spikes out of the ground? Once you start getting use to it and using it more, try thinking about making the spikes do more than just rise up from the ground. Maybe try to get them to shoot out from a wall as a projectile once you've got better control."
"So what's training to be a mage like? Are you able to cast enchantments without out enchanted stuff?"
"That's actually very classified stuff, but I will say this. Something's I can do without enchanted stuff, others I can't...yet."
"Did you learn under a sage?"
"It's the only way to become a mage. I'm training under the nature sage Odoryuk. She's such a shy and gentle little unicorn."
"Sorry about the species question again, but what kind of owl are you?"
"No problem at all, I understand completely. I'm a little surprised you knew I'm an owl though?"
"I've got a decent sense of smell. The whoing kind of helped as well."
"Well anyway, to answer the question I've a long eared owl."

Someone knocks on the door.
"Ronda! Conference room! Five minutes! Move it!
"Wonder what that's about? You probably should come with too."
>>
No. 719492 ID: 15a025
File 146179001183.png - (7.17KB , 800x600 , candy gets licked.png )
719492

I leave and follow Ronda down to the conference room, which is at the end of the hallway. When we walk in I can recognize a few scents. Oscar and Buddy are in here, as well as someone else I can't really recognize. They've got a very thick cologne or perfume on them. I sit in between Oscar and Buddy while Ronda sits next to the smelly stranger.
"Ah there you two are. Now that everyone's here I feel like we should discuss the game plan for our mission at hand."
"Scallop, would you mind refreshing me on what our mission was again?"
"Sure. Our number one priority here is freeing Princess Bijou from the terrorist's clutches. Second priority and putting an end to their group."
"That sounds relatively easy given how incompetent I hear they are."
"Let's not make assumptions now. Just because their other members were taking down easily enough doesn't mean they're all a laughing matter. They've got the means to lay curses on others on others. If any of us get cursed this whole operation could be put to a screeching halt. Luckily we've got a couple aces up our sleeves to fight of curses."
"Oh! Oh! Am I one Scallop? Am I one of the aces?!
"Good boy Buddy! You are one of our aces!"
"Who or what is are other ace then?"
"Our good friend Rainy over there happens to be our other ace!"
"You talking about no-eyes over there? She looks more like our crutch than an ace.
"Don! That was completely un-called for!
"Don does have a good point though, Rainy doesn't seem like she would be very useful in combat. Why is she coming with us?"

"Well first of all, she's got a very unique enchantment load out on her. She has not only a Life detection enchantment on her necklace, but a telepathic radar enchantment as well!"
"Life detection! That's one of the most rare and valuable known earth enchantment out there!"
"There's no such thing as a rare enchantment Ronda. Not when the sages can just make more of enchantment stones with it on them.
"Have you forgotten the sages can't just mass produce stuff like that? It takes days of hard work for the sages to enchant just one thing!"
"Let's not get off topic now...
"Right, so how does her having life detect help us out?"
"She's able to see more than just where someone is. She can even tell what mood you're in and most importantly, if you're cursed!
"So what if she can tell if we're cursed? It's pretty easy to tell if anyone here gets cursed, just look at the enchantment stone and if it's purple. Tell tale way of checking."
"Don, curses are getting trickery and trickier every day. For one, more powerful and serious curses can just skip through the enchanted item and hop right on into your soul. Second, we don't need enchanted items to use all our spells, what if one of us got cursed without your enchanted stuff on you? How else would we tell? Also speaking of, I don't see you carrying any on you right now! How do we know you're not cursed at this very moment!"
"Ask blindy over there then."
"Well, is he cursed Rainy?

Something weird happens on the radar, just like poof! Some more details pop up instantly. Th...this better just be some kind of prank you're pulling guide spirits!
>>
No. 719515 ID: a075ba

>give them a nickname for a power up.
We already have the blindar. Do we need a separate nickname for the life sense?

>Something weird happens on the radar, just like poof! Some more details pop up instantly. Th...this better just be some kind of prank you're pulling guide spirits!
It's not. Don's cursed, something is wrong with the tea, and he's apparently able to put up a hidden message the blindar can see. Aaaaand he's threatening Candy. No idea if that's a bluff or not. They've shown they can certainly get to people, but I'm skeptical they could actually pull off an attack.

Game theory says the only way to prevent people from trying to control you this way is to demonstrate it won't work. And you absolutely cannot allow yourself, or the mages here, to be cursed or captured.

>"Well, is he cursed Rainy?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. Let me come around for a closer look...

Make a show of examining him, pretend as if you're back down / clearing him, and then grab him by the neck with the serious business arm. "Yes". Hold until he passes out from lack of air. He can't cast or send any messages without a voice, or if he's unconscious.

Ask one of the mages to cast something to make sure he stays asleep, warn them about the tea, then Buddy can start working on breaking the curse while seeing if anyone has magic to communicate at a distance. Or a sat-phone or something, Candy could be in trouble.

Maybe we can... [switch to Candy]? (If she still has those earrings).
>>
No. 719764 ID: cd90cb

Lick Don.
>>
No. 720517 ID: 15a025
File 146222100403.png - (8.45KB , 800x600 , candy gets licked2.png )
720517

>[switch to Candy]?
Connection failed! Miss Candy Kane is not currently connected to the guide spirit hotline. Please try again at a later time.

>Do we need a separate nickname for the life sense?
I feel like they might be sharing the nickname? As for you guys I think spooky guide spirits works as a nickname? I can change that if you'd like though. Still need to come up with one for the spiky thing though.

>Don's cursed, something is wrong with the tea, and he's apparently able to put up a hidden message the blindar can see. Aaaaand he's threatening Candy. No idea if that's a bluff or not. They've shown they can certainly get to people, but I'm skeptical they could actually pull off an attack.
I'm mostly shocked Don, or the cursed can write messages to me like that. I really hope Candy's safe, I'd hate to hear that she got killed because of me!

>Only way to prevent people from trying to control you this way is to demonstrate it won't work. And you absolutely cannot allow yourself, or the mages here, to be cursed or captured.
I'm going to have to fight aren't I?

>Make a show of examining him, pretend as if you're back down / clearing him, and then grab him by the neck with the serious business arm. "Yes". Hold until he passes out from lack of air. He can't cast or send any messages without a voice, or if he's unconscious.
"Mind if I frisk you for this Don? The range on this isn't all that great."
He lets out a long sigh before he answers, "Do what you need but hurry up, we need to discuss our plans."

Another message comes up on the table.
>>
No. 720518 ID: 15a025
File 146222109680.png - (2.33KB , 800x600 , barren waters.png )
720518

I get up and start feeling Don over. Feeling him over I find out he's a flamingo. While I frisk him I wait for the prime opportunity to strangle him. Just when he thinks I'm done and grabs his drink I move in for the strangle and knock him out.
"Don!"
"He's cursed! Buddy can you purify or lift the curse at all?"
"I...I'm not the best at curse removal but I'll give it my all! Don's a good friend and I'd hate to see him turn into a chimera!"
"Ronda, is there any way you can keep him knocked out or keep him from waking up till the curse is removed?"
"I'm not sure if I can keep him out or not. Only thing I can really do is use a very basic spell that'll relax his muscles a bit."
Buddy and Ronda rush out of the room with Don.

"This isn't good Rainy...if Buddy can't lift the curse on Don, he might die."
"Or he might turn into a freaky chimera!"
"That'd be even worse. I can only shudder at the thought of a chimera with the magical capabilities of a mage could do, especially when compared to a regular-"
A loud siren screeches through the room and a voice blasts from the staticy intercom.
"Red alert! Group of three, no, four chimeras spotted flying towards the ship!"

Not even a few moments after the announcement, Buddy rushes back into the room.
"Captain Scallop! What should I do? I'm the only one here on the boat that can kill a chimera and the only one who might be able to lift Don's curse! I can't do both at the same time though!"
"Rainy here knows more about fighting chimeras than I do. What are your thoughts on the situation? Think you and I can hold them off while Buddy and Ronda try to purify Don?"
"Let me think here for a second. How long do you think it'll take to fix Don up Buddy?"
"At least an hour, and that's if I use up all my energy doing my best tricks. If you want me to save some my energy it could take me three hours or even longer."
"What happens when you're 'out of energy'?"
"I'd have to sleep the rest of the day to build it back up."

"Chimeras will reach the ship in approximately four minuets!
>>
No. 720524 ID: a075ba

>I'm mostly shocked Don, or the cursed can write messages to me like that.
I guess they finally figured out what spell you're using to see if they prepared a way to spell out hidden messages to you. The last few attackers were surprised you weren't blind.

>chimeras appear instantly
Crap. They knew the minute you turned on him, even though you didn't give him a chance to send a signal or cast a spell. Probably means they're going for Candy, too.

>Rainy here knows more about fighting chimeras than I do.
Assuming other Chimeras work like Tybalt did, we might be able to turn them against each other, and improve our odds. If we focus fire to take one out quickly without killing it, is should recognize whoever defeated it as it's new master. I think it's a limitation of whatever technique our opponents are using to control them.

Cyril also used a "battle charm" that actually gave us an advantage. I don't suppose you can do that? (Or that we still have his stone).

Royal guards shot up Tybalt. Didn't we have some of those on board? This doesn't have to be 2 v 4.

Even if they don't fight, Buddy and Ronda might be able to stack some buffs before they run off.
>>
No. 720631 ID: 3641d4

>>720524
>Crap. They knew the minute you turned on him, even though you didn't give him a chance to send a signal or cast a spell. Probably means they're going for Candy, too.

Maybe he was giving off a signal and knocking him out made the signal go out?

I think we should have just Buddy work on fixing up Don and have Ronda help us fight. Plus aren't there some guards on the boat that can help us as well?
>>
No. 720676 ID: 15a025
File 146231091054.png - (4.25KB , 800x600 , leaving room.png )
720676

>Crap. They knew the minute you turned on him, even though you didn't give him a chance to send a signal or cast a spell. Probably means they're going for Candy, too.
>Maybe he was giving off a signal and knocking him out made the signal go out?
Either way, they knew I conked him out. Which isn't good because now they're probably after Candy...

>Assuming other Chimeras work like Tybalt did, we might be able to turn them against each other, and improve our odds. If we focus fire to take one out quickly without killing it, is should recognize whoever defeated it as its new master. I think it's a limitation of whatever technique our opponents are using to control them.
Starting to think it would have been a good idea to read more into those research notes we found or get some copies made. There just isn't much info on them out there.

>Cyril also used a "battle charm" that actually gave us an advantage. I don't suppose you can do that? (Or that we still have his stone).
I don't have a battle charm or the stone with Cyril's soul in it. I believe Nibbles has those in her possession right now.

>Royal guards shot up Tybalt. Didn't we have some of those on board? This doesn't have to be 2 v 4. >Even if they don't fight, Buddy and Ronda might be able to stack some buffs before they run off.

>I think we should have just Buddy work on fixing up Don and have Ronda help us fight. Plus aren't there some guards on the boat that can help us as well?
"Scallop you said there were some guards on the ship as well right?
"There's three guards on the ship and only one is equipped with a lower powered enchantment ring."
"What enchantments?"
"I'm not sure!"
"Three minutes till chimeras reach the ship!"
"Then this doesn't need to be two versus four! Ronda, are you up for fighting or are you going to stick and help out Buddy?"
"My offensive skills are pretty limited and lacking, I'd be better off helping Buddy get Don back into shape."
"Sounds like it's just going to be me and you, and the guards then Scallop."
"Then our team is settled, let's hurry up to the control room!"
>>
No. 720677 ID: 15a025
File 146231103044.png - (4.11KB , 800x600 , battle2.png )
720677

"Alright men! Grab your gear, were going to send these chimera scum back from where they came!"
"But how captain? Only Sir Kagio has an enchanted ring to fight with! Our swords will do nothing to them!"
"Then only he shall join the fray with us. One of you can keep steering the boat and the other can go help Buddy and Ronda down in Don's room. Wait...are they clean Lady Brasshoof?"
"They're fine."
"Alright let's move out and defend our ship!"
I rush out with Scallop and Sir Kagio.

"Just in time, they're here!"
"Watch out!"
Oscar shoves me out of the way and a loud boom comes from where we were standing!
"What just happened!"
"Giant blast of lighting. I hope that arm of yours has a nice long reach.
"Why's that?"
"They're flying chimeras."
"What do they look like?"
"Do you really need to know something like that at a time like this!"
"Yes."
"They look like nasty badgers that just rose from their graves and gained some boney wings in the process."
Why am I not surprised?

"Kagio! What can that ring of yours do?"
"On activation I get six small balls of holy light to shoot at our targets. Once I'm out it takes a minute to recharge and activate again. I could probably fly up and whack one of them with a few shots but despite being a hawk I'm not the fastest flyer."
"I've got nothing, none of my magic is going to reach them all the way up there. That arm of yours got any aces we could use Rainy?"
>>
No. 721252 ID: 39c8c2

Don't do anything, just let them carry you away to the terrorists.
>>
No. 721257 ID: 3d2d5f

>don't have battle charm
I was sort of hoping one of the archmages would be able to cast one.

>the guards don't have guns
Really.

>no ranged water magic
Really. Wow. These archmages aren't living up to their title.

Ideas for magic: defensively, Oscar could set up shield, or if they're sticking to lighting, create a lightning rod out of ice leadind down to the ocean. Offensively, it would be great if he could screw up their flying. Could he summon a storm, or just make temperatures plummet at their altitude (if their wings ice up, they'll fall).

>got any arm tricks?
I think we can see them charging their spells. Shoot one of them, and time it to hit right as the chimera is about to fire. Misfiring an offensive spell will probably backfire, literally.
>>
No. 721285 ID: 15a025
File 146256590011.gif - (14.84KB , 800x600 , go kagio.gif )
721285

>I think we can see them charging their spells. Shoot one of them, and time it to hit right as the chimera is about to fire. Misfiring an offensive spell will probably backfire, literally.
Timing is going to be tricky but I'll try. I have my arm shift into hand gun mode and try to take aim. It's hard to aim when they're flying all over the place.
"Hurry up and shoot them before you get blasted!"
I fire two shots at one of them and hear a thundery explosion a few moments later.
"Did I hit one?"
"If you did, it didn't any visible damage."

>no ranged water magic? Really. These archmages aren't living up to their title.
"I'm shocked you don't have any ranged water magic Scallop. Not really living up to your title here..."
"I know some ranged water magics, nothing that'll fly way up into the sky though."
"Then I'm jetting up there and blasting them with this enchantment. It's the only thing we got we know will work!"

>it would be great if he could screw up their flying. Could he summon a storm, or just make temperatures plummet at their altitude (if their wings ice up, they'll fall).
"Couldn't you just brew up a storm to blow them out of the sky or freeze their wings?"
"I could, but I don't have good control over it. Worst case, it gets out of hand and we end up blowing over our ship. Doesn't help our only light enchantment just flew up there either. If I start a storm up he might get hurt, or worse..."
>>
No. 721340 ID: a075ba

...can he cast reflect, or mirror, or something like that? If he doesn't have a spell to hit them, he might be able to bounce attacks back at them.

Or maybe he could throw enchantments / effects onto bullets? That's one way to close the range.

>blindar
Wait, what's that lock that showed up on the one you shot? Does that mean you sealed it? Or gained control over it? The other three darted away from that one all together when that symbol appeared.

Maybe you can order it to attack the others?

You should probably fire on those three anyways, they're charging up again. Give the flying guard some cover fire so they aren't free to gang up on him.
>>
No. 721616 ID: 15a025
File 146265064313.gif - (11.47KB , 800x600 , ice shard.gif )
721616

>can he cast reflect, or mirror, or something like that? If he doesn't have a spell to hit them, he might be able to bounce attacks back at them.
"Scallop, what about something to reflect attacks back with?"
"Closest thing I've got for defense is throwing a water shield up on myself."

>Wait, what's that lock that showed up on the one you shot? Does that mean you sealed it? Or gained control over it? The other three darted away from that one all together when that symbol appeared.
If only Nibbles was here, she'd know.

>Maybe you can order it to attack the others?
"Chimera! Attack the other chi-"
Oscar shoves me out of the way, as the chimera with the lock dives down for an attack on us.
"I think somebody needs to cool it!"
>>
No. 721886 ID: a075ba

>If only Nibbles was here, she'd know.
I was hoping one of the archmages would know, but apparently enchanting it it's own sub-specialty. And no one caught it when you lied about the range of the soul sense to get close to Don.

I'm trying to think if anything you have could be considered a metaphorical 'key'.

>on the ground
Well, that's good. That means it's in fist-range now. You don't have to waste pullets. You just have to close without getting shot from above.

>"I think somebody needs to cool it!"
Is the battle-pun rule still in effect?
>>
No. 721984 ID: 39c8c2

Smash him to bits now!!!
>>
No. 722322 ID: 15a025
File 146283887125.gif - (10.44KB , 800x600 , swift punch.gif )
722322

>I was hoping one of the archmages would know, but apparently enchanting is its own sub-specialty.
I'll ask Scallop about the lock if I get a better chance to.

>it's in fist-range now. You don't have to waste bullets. You just have to get close without getting shot from above.

>Smash him to bits now!!!
I have my arm shift back to normal and run up to the chimera. A swift punch knocks it a few feet away. Either these chimera are weak and very lightweight or I've somehow been pulling my punches.
>>
No. 722323 ID: 15a025
File 146283893339.gif - (18.09KB , 800x600 , orb attack.gif )
722323

There's a loud boom in the sky that makes me glance up.

"Kagio! Watch out!

I shift my arm back into handgun mode and try to shoot the one chasing him in the sky away but miss both shots. There's a another boom but Kagio manages to dodge it. He returns fire with his last orb at one of the chimeras and...kills it?

"Great job Sir Kagio! Only three more chimeras to go!"
>>
No. 722358 ID: a075ba

>three left
If you smacked the grounded one hard enough it hit the sea before it recovered, it's effectively out of the fight, for now.

>what do
Keep an eye out for the chimera you sent flying (have Oscar keep an eye out too, since he can't contribute to the aerial battle) and see if you can help the flying soldier with some more shooting.
>>
No. 722414 ID: 39c8c2

Yeah...don't forget the one that's chilling out on the ship by you.
>>
No. 722445 ID: 15a025
File 146291627761.gif - (10.37KB , 800x600 , run kagio.gif )
722445

>Keep an eye out for the chimera you sent flying (have Oscar keep an eye out too, since he can't contribute to the aerial battle)
>Yeah...don't forget the one that's chilling out on the ship by you.
"Scallop try to keep the one on the ship occupied, I'm going to try and give Kagio some cover while he recharges."
"Understood!"

I try my best to aim and fire off two more shots but neither of them hit. The chimeras seem to just dodge them and keep after Kagio. Suddenly the wind starts to pick up a bit and it feels even colder out here.

"If the wind keeps picking up like this I might have to head back down. It's getting hard to fly in this weather!"
>>
No. 722446 ID: 15a025
File 146291630770.gif - (9.10KB , 800x600 , kagio charged up.gif )
722446

I try my best to aim again and fire off another two rounds, I think one of the shots hit one of them!
"Alright! Which one of you abominations from hell is ready for round two!"

"Kagio, I think it might be a good idea if you could bait them down here to the ship! I don't think this wind is going to get any better!"
"What if they don't take the bait and the wind gets even worse! These orbs only go so far Captain! If I land now and it gets worse I might not be able to get back up here!"
>>
No. 722544 ID: 39c8c2

Tell Kagio to stop being a pussy ass bitch and start fucking up the other two chimeras.
>>
No. 722628 ID: a075ba

>>722446
If it gets bad enough you can't fly, that's gonna impact them too! They'll be forced to withdraw or land on the ship.

Go for the baiting.
>>
No. 722705 ID: 3641d4

Bait and shoot.
>>
No. 723466 ID: 15a025
File 146335313333.png - (7.31KB , 800x600 , shipfight1.png )
723466

>If it gets bad enough you can't fly, that's gonna impact them too! They'll be forced to withdraw or land on the ship.
"Bait them onto ship Kagio! If it's bad enough you can't fly, it's going to hinder them as well."
"Coming down then, try to cover me!"

As Kagio jets down to the ship the two chimeras follow. I go to fire another round but there's an unsettling click from the gun. Am I out of ammo? Before I can think about it more, I hear a thud, followed by two loud crashing sounds by me. Kagio and the two chimeras come up on the blindar down here.
>>
No. 723709 ID: 3641d4

Kiss the chimeras!!!
>>
No. 723930 ID: 39c8c2

Punching time?
>>
No. 723957 ID: 15a025
File 146351559707.png - (17.46KB , 800x600 , bq overboard SFX.png )
723957

>Kiss the chimeras!!!
I think I'll pass for now.

>Punching time?
I run up to punch the closest chimera but get a blasted with something. The blast knocks me off the ship and into the freezing water. I try to stay afloat but I don't know how to swim, and the pain from the blast isn't helping either.
>>
No. 724012 ID: a075ba

>>723957
Oh. Falling overboard from a ship that size, even without a fight going on, or a storm moving in, can easily be a death sentence. Not good.

>what do
Uh, move towards the hull. If you can't swim, you're going to have to learn fast.

When you get there, use the stone spike spell on the hull, but don't have them shoot off. Make handholds to climb up. You need to get out of the water before you drown, freeze, or are caught in the ship's wake.
>>
No. 724032 ID: 15a025
File 146353114823.png - (19.36KB , 800x600 , overboard2 SFX.png )
724032

>Uh, move towards the hull. If you can't swim, you're going to have to learn fast
I try swishing my arms through the water and it's kind of working? I don't feel like I'm getting very far with this though, feels like I'm also starting to sink more.

>When you get there, use the stone spike spell on the hull, but don't have them shoot off. Make handholds to climb up. You need to get out of the water before you drown, freeze, or are caught in the ship's wake.
I'll keep the spike holds in-

There's a large splash and some things come up on the blindar?
>>
No. 724123 ID: a075ba

>sinking
You're in salt water, you should be pretty buoyant. Unless... oh dang. How much does your arm weigh? Metal is a lot denser than flesh.

>I try swishing my arms through the water and it's kind of working?
The simplest stroke is the "doggy paddle" where you put your arms in front of you and ind of swish them back and forth like... well have you ever seen a dog dropped in a pool?

More complicated strokes involve kicking with your legs and pulling with your arms in concentrated efforts to pull / push you forward.

>There's a large splash and some things come up on the blindar?
...is he going to fire lighting at you. Underwater. God damn.

Well, the good news is the chimera is probably going to cook itself. The bad news is if you're close enough, there's no way to dodge electric discharge in salt water.

Um. Unless we're close enough to the ship to use the grapple hook in your arm?
>>
No. 724252 ID: 15a025
File 146360431615.png - (37.23KB , 800x600 , Fire hook sfx.png )
724252

>The simplest stroke is the "doggy paddle" where you put your arms in front of you and kind of swish them back and forth like... well have you ever seen a dog dropped in a pool?
I've never really seen anyone swim before. I'm getting a slight image of what you're talking about though.

>is he going to fire lighting at you. Underwater
This is going to hurt a lot isn't it?

>Well, the good news is the chimera is probably going to cook itself. The bad news is if you're close enough, there's no way to dodge electric discharge in salt water.
Doesn't everything in the water just get fried from the electricity though? I guess this is the-

>Unless we're close enough to the ship to use the grapple hook in your arm?
The grapple hook? I'm not sure if I'm close enough but it's all I got at this point. I panic and smash the grapple hook button on the serious business arm and it quickly transforms. I aim at the ship and fire away.
>>
No. 724253 ID: 15a025
File 146360437777.gif - (39.99KB , 800x600 , kaboom.gif )
724253

There's a loud and boom, followed by a lot of pain...and then nothingness.
>>
No. 724255 ID: 15a025
File 146360454067.png - (7.28KB , 800x600 , waking up.png )
724255

"Scallop! Scallop! I think she's waking up!"
Someone yells but I can't make out what they say.

"How ya feeling?"
I try to tell them my head is pounding and I feel cold and drenched. Instead I cough up a storm and vomit.

"I'll take that as 'not doing so well'. Let me go get Ronda!"

I feel like I'm missing what's going on here. Why am I bundled up in a soggy bed?
>>
No. 724267 ID: a075ba

>Doesn't everything in the water just get fried from the electricity though?
It's a question of range. For instance, when an electric eel goes off, it only zaps what it was hunting and/or protecting itself from, not everything in the entire ocean.

>I feel like I'm missing what's going on here. Why am I bundled up in a soggy bed?
Probably to try and keep your temperature up after dragging you out of the ocean. Hypothermia wouldn't be a good thing.

What's the last thing you remember? It looks like they got you back on the ship after being knocked overboard, and the chimera tried to electrocute you.

Hmm. That's a change in tactics. They don't seem concerned with needing to take you alive, anymore.
>>
No. 724408 ID: 4c553a

What's that purple stuff on the bed? Is that vomit? If so, looks like you puked a bit on the way in as well.
>>
No. 724454 ID: 15a025
File 146368767471.gif - (12.94KB , 800x600 , icebeam.gif )
724454

>Probably to try and keep your temperature up after dragging you out of the ocean. Hypothermia wouldn't be a good thing.
Why was I in the ocean? I don't even know how to swim.

>What's the last thing you remember? It looks like they got you back on the ship after being knocked overboard, and the chimera tried to electrocute you.
Yeah that sounds familiar now that you mention it.

>What's that purple stuff on the bed? Is that vomit?
Gross! Yeah, I think that's my vomit. I whip the sheet off the bed and get up to stretch a bit.

Is it just me or is it really chilly in here?
>>
No. 724468 ID: a075ba

>Is it just me or is it really chilly in here?
It might be you. You fell overboard, and you're apparently still wet, so your core temperature will be down.

>>724454
...or it might be Oscar still shooting ice around outside.
>>
No. 724470 ID: 7b65b9

Are you sure that's water in your bed?
>>
No. 724540 ID: 7b65b9

If you are still wet, maybe you could ask buddy to dry you off with his tongue.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>>
No. 724656 ID: 4c553a

I think the door is open and that's a chimera to your left.
>>
No. 724680 ID: 15a025
File 146377285331.gif - (12.56KB , 800x600 , summon.gif )
724680

>Are you sure that's water in your bed?
Yes, what else would it be other than water or vomit?

>If you are still wet, maybe you could ask buddy to dry you off with his tongue.
I...I think I'm fine with freezing for now.

>It might be you. You fell overboard, and you're apparently still wet, so your core temperature will be down.
That's logi-

"Sorry to snow on your parade but, I don't find it very ice that you turned my Buddy into a frozen pupsicle!"

>...or it might be Oscar still shooting ice around outside.
That too.
"Oscar I'm coming to help!"
"No stay inside! You're not in any shape to be fighting right now!"

>I think the door is open and that's a chimera to your left.
I quickly slam the door shut. Still feels cold in here though...
>>
No. 724719 ID: a075ba

>Yes, what else would it be other than water or vomit?
Um. Other bodily fluids? Let's not dwell on the possibilities. If it's anything offensive, you'd probably already smell it.

>>724680
...what's that purple heart blinking on the shelf? Did a tiny chimera just appear?
>>
No. 724882 ID: 0461fb

>I don't find it very ice that you turned my Buddy into a frozen pupsicle!

Buddy no ;_; They must pay for this!
>>
No. 724906 ID: 15a025
File 146385333502.gif - (5.16KB , 800x600 , lazy ice shot.gif )
724906

>what's that purple heart blinking on the shelf? Did a tiny chimera just appear?
Tiny chimera?
There's a small boom and something cold hits me in the leg!
>>
No. 724907 ID: 15a025
File 146385355001.gif - (76.77KB , 800x600 , Splat.gif )
724907

"Oscar there's a chimera in here!"
"Hang on! Ronda go help her out!"
I hear the door smash open and Ronda comes in. Then there's a loud crash that echoes through the room.

"You okay sweetie?"
>>
No. 724910 ID: a075ba

>instant spike
Well she's certainly efficient.

>looks at pile of purple goo the chimera bits landed in
Is... this not the first time she did that?

>"You okay sweetie?"
Cold, but okay, I think.

How's it going? They got Buddy?
>>
No. 725171 ID: 15a025
File 146394064621.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , sum tea.png )
725171

>Well she's certainly efficient.
I'll say! Remind me not to make her mad.

>Cold, but okay, I think.
I'm freezing but other than that I think I'm alright.
"I'd be freezing too if my leg was an icicle. Let's get that patched up.

>They got Buddy?
"Speaking of icicles, they got Buddy?"
"Those rotten hell beasts froze him out there. It's a good thing we got Don back with us though. Without Don's fire magic, Buddy would probably die out there.
Ronda has me sit down on the bed and she starts casting some magic on my leg.

"Where'd the bed sheets go?"
"I...kind of get sick and threw up all over them..."
"Upset stomache?"
"Now that you mention I am feeling kind of sick to my stomach."

"While I work on your leg here, why don't you have some tea? It might be a little cold now though, it's been sitting there for a little bit. There's also a stack of cookies if you'd like some."
>>
No. 725190 ID: a075ba

Uh, that tea is showing up as bad on my blindar, sorry. Guess we didn't clean up everything Don did while cursed, or everything whoever cursed him did.

...can you really afford to be tending to me while there's still a fight going on out there?
>>
No. 725473 ID: 4c553a

Ask why she can do some wicked magic while Oscar's a pussy ass bitch who can't do shit?
>>
No. 725515 ID: 15a025
File 146403741135.png - (36.13KB , 800x600 , chimera in the room.png )
725515

>Uh, that tea is showing up as bad on my blindar, sorry.
"I'll pass on the tea. It's coming up as bad on the radar. Cookies on the other hand..."
I grab one of the cookies and scarf it down.
"Are pretty tasty!"

>..can you really afford to be tending to me while there's still a fight going on out there?
"Are you sure you can afford to be helping me out while there's a chimera attacking everyone out there?"
"Oscar will be fine out there."

>Ask why she can do some wicked magic while Oscar's a pussy ass bitch who can't do shit?
"You sure? It seems like you're actually more capable at taking these chimeras out than he is."
"Why's that?"
"Well when we were fighting the chimeras on the deck he couldn't really do much."
"Well that's because we can't really kill chimeras, except for Buddy. Only known way to kill them is with light magic."
"But you just squished one with your giant spike thing!"
"Oh that one was a just a lil one. We're talking about full grown monster beasts from the underworld here. Tiny little ones aren't strong at all and die from just about anything you smack'em with. Also helps all my spells have nicknames, unlike Oscar's. He's an old poop butt that doesn't think it actually helps out."

There's a loud a slam against the wall. Now Oscar's suddenly in the room with us.
"Little help here!"

Then there's an ear piercing roar coming from what looks like a massive chimera.
>>
No. 725557 ID: a075ba

>Well that's because we can't really kill chimeras, except for Buddy. Only known way to kill them is with light magic.
If we can't kill them, can we at least main them to the point where they aren't a threat and dump them overboard?

>Then there's an ear piercing roar coming from what looks like a massive chimera.
Sounds like it's time for a serious business fist to the face.

If Ronda hits it with an earth spell from the other direction you can make a between a rock and a hard place pun. If we're assuming wordplay still helps.
>>
No. 725558 ID: a075ba

>>725557
Oh, also, there's a tiny chimera next to the big one. Maybe smush it by punching the bigger chimera right into it?
>>
No. 725654 ID: 4c553a

Give Oscar a kiss on the forehead to make the pain go away.
>>
No. 725669 ID: cd90cb

>Doesn't nickname his spells
Throw Oscar in the brig for being so boring.
>>
No. 725687 ID: 15a025
File 146412264995.png - (9.22KB , 800x600 , stuck.png )
725687

>If we can't kill them, can we at least main them to the point where they aren't a threat and dump them overboard?
"Is it possible we can pulverize them and just toss them overboard?"
"It'll solve the problem for now, but what if they recover and go attack other boats or manage to get to the city?"

>Sounds like it's time for a serious business fist to the face. If Ronda hits it with an earth spell from the other direction you can make a between a rock and a hard place pun. If we're assuming wordplay still helps.

>Oh, also, there's a tiny chimera next to the big one. Maybe smush it by punching the bigger chimera right into it?
I whisper the plan to get the chimera stuck in the punny situation while Oscar seems to be holding it off for a bit.
"Sounds like a plan for now."
I hear Ronda start muttering some magic sounding stuff and I run up to punch the chimera.
"Looks like someone's going to be stuck in between a rock and a hard place!"
I smash the chimera with my serious business arm and he crashes into Ronda's spike that stabs both the big and the small one.

The chimera gives off another loud, painful sounding roar.
"Watch out! He's braking free from the spike!"
>>
No. 725723 ID: a075ba

>It'll solve the problem for now, but what if they recover and go attack other boats or manage to get to the city?
Uh, change plans to "pummel them, and then seal them until our light wielder is up to purging them" instead of dumping hell pollution in the ocean.

>He's [breaking] free from the spike!
Well, if the spike isn't going to hold it pinned anymore...

Punch him, in the spike. If you make it shatter, the chimera is suddenly going to be filled with shrapnel. Tearing it up to that degree has to slow it down.
>>
No. 725847 ID: 0461fb

dodge and punch him some more.
>>
No. 726083 ID: 15a025
File 146428574154.gif - (18.69KB , 800x600 , failed spike blast.gif )
726083

>Punch him, in the spike. If you make it shatter, the chimera is suddenly going to be filled with shrapnel. Tearing it up to that degree has to slow it down.
I smash a punch into the spike with the serious business arm and it sounds like it shatters into a million pieces. The chimera lets out a thunderous roar of pain.

"Sounds like your making progress in there! Hold them down while I thaw out Buddy!"
"Will do Don! Let's see how well this thing can handle two spikes Rainy! Use your spike spell as well"
"I'll try but I'm not sure how well it'll work!"

I hold my other hand over the necklace and follow what Oscar told me to do to use it. I fling my hand out and...well that's a little embarrassing.

"You're poop butt like Oscar and don't nickname stuff, aren't ya?"
>>
No. 726188 ID: a075ba

>"You're poop butt like Oscar and don't nickname stuff, aren't ya?"
You just gave me the spike spell a little bit ago! I haven't had the chance to practice it, or come up with a nickname yet.

Cover your spike failure by punching it again. (Or pick up the failed to launch spike and stab it).
>>
No. 726262 ID: 7b65b9

Don't worry, I bet everyone has trouble getting it up the first few times, especially when you're put on the spot like that. You're good with your hands though, and I suppose that'll do for now.
I guess you better just keep fighting until buddy's thawed.
>>
No. 726614 ID: 15a025
File 146449949055.gif - (22.19KB , 800x600 , buddy blast.gif )
726614

>Don't worry, I bet everyone has trouble getting it up the first few times, especially when you're put on the spot like that. You're good with your hands though, and I suppose that'll do for now.
Glad to hear that even in the tightest of situations you spooky spirits can always crack some good jokes!

>I guess you better just keep fighting until Buddy's thawed.
Sounds like a plan. I start decking the chimera with the good old serious business arm as it screeches in pain. My onslaught on the chimera is short lived as it decks me in the face, sending me crashing into the wall.

"Hey! It's not nice to play rough like that! Somebody needs a time out!"
>>
No. 726701 ID: a075ba

>"Hey! It's not nice to play rough like that! Somebody needs a time out!"
Buddy! Good timing!

Now we just need to protect him while cornering and containing the remaining chimeras for him to zap.
>>
No. 726741 ID: 15a025
File 146458371192.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , ship view1.png )
726741

"Great job Buddy! You're such a good boy!"
"No good enough though. Poor Rainy looks like she's hurt."
"I'm feel fine for being slammed into a wall. Don't beat yourself up over it Buddy."
"Still, if I would have been more careful not got frozen out there you wouldn't have gotten hurt. Maybe Ronda can patch you up!"
"That's a good idea Buddy! Here let me use another healing-
"I'm fine really. You should save it in case someone here gets hurt real bad."
"Well aren't you just the little trooper here aren't ya? Don't push yourself to hard now."
"So uh...now what? Time's a wasting here!"

>Now we just need to protect him while cornering and containing the remaining chimeras for him to zap.
"Buddy, think you can muster up enough magic to take care of the rest of the chimeras with our help?"
"I'm not sure Rainy. Starting to run on empty here. Getting Don back with us took a lot, plus blowing that one chi...oh I can't say no to you. I'll give you all I got and more Rainy!"
"Don't push yourself either Buddy, we're kind of out of luck if you end up falling asleep from running out of energy."

"So where shall we start? They're all over the ship still. Sir Kagio's still fighting hard on the deck with the other two guards against six chimeras. They managed to find another enchanted ring like Kagio's. I also saw another group of four coming in towards the stern."
"Maybe we should all split up into two groups. I doubt the guards are going to last long on their own."
"For once you've got a decent idea there Don. How should we split up then."

"I say we send Buddy and the little deer girl out to the stern while the rest hammer it out on the front deck."
"I believe you mean the bow there Don. I also think that's a horrible plan as well. I don't like the idea of sending our most valued members here on their own like this."
"Most valued! Sure Buddy's a nice kid and everything but him and that deer? Most valued? I personally beg to differ. If they're so high and mighty why don't they deiced where everyone goes?
>>
No. 726954 ID: cdfa5a

Go with Don's plan, seems like a solid idea.
>>
No. 727244 ID: 7b65b9

Do you know if there's a way you can just get all the chimeras to come to you? If you could get them all in one spot, maybe you buddy can kill them all with one giant blast?
>>
No. 727292 ID: 15a025
File 146483161324.png - (9.15KB , 800x600 , double trouble.png )
727292

>Do you know if there's a way you can just get all the chimeras to come to you? If you could get them all in one spot, maybe you buddy can kill them all with one giant blast?
>Go with Don's plan, seems like a solid idea.
"Actually that's not too bad of an idea Don."
"Take that one fish breath! She seems to think it's a solid plan."
"It is a good plan, but I've got a better one as well."
"What's that old saying Don? Never count your chickens before the eggs have hatched."
"Buddy and I are going to act as bait and try to lure the four chimera coming in from the stern over to bow where we'll regroup with you three and the guards. From there maybe Buddy the guards can take out all the chimera in one big blast."
"And if they can't?"
"We'll have to take them down one at a time then."
"Not sure how I feel about that one but it beats doing nothing at this point. Let's break!"

With no further objections we all sprint out into the bitter cold. The ground is a lot more slippery than I thought it would have been and I end up slipping down face first. Buddy quickly lifts me up from the ground and just carries me to the stern.
"You okay Rainy? Your nose looks pretty bloody there."
"Stings like bee, but I think I can rough it out for now."

We arrive at the stern of the boat in the nick of time. The chimeras are sneaking on just as we get here.
"Hey you...you rotting monsters with wings! Bet you can't catch us!"
It looks like they leap at Buddy almost instantly. He tries to dodge and run but from the sound of that loud yelp it sounds like he took a hit.
"You okay Buddy?"
"Little sneaks trying to gnaw my leg off! Come on get off!"
"Kick it in the face Buddy!"
"Why didn't I think of that?"

Must of worked cause it feels like we're on the move again.
"How's your leg Buddy?"
"Feels like an abused chew toy right now. May need to set you down here soon. Think you can keep up with me without slip- never mind. We're surrounded. Two in front, two behind. Now what do we do?"
>>
No. 727599 ID: 7b65b9

Use your laser light attachment on your arm to distract the chimeras, maybe they'll chase it. If that doesn't work, just punch the two in front of you aside and keep running.
>>
No. 727848 ID: 15a025
File 146509296122.png - (12.45KB , 1200x1000 , chi bunch.png )
727848

>Use your laser light attachment on your arm to distract the chimeras, maybe they'll chase it. If that doesn't work, just punch the two in front of you aside and keep running.
"Buddy close your eyes and just starting running when I say so."
"Not sure where this is going but I trust you and your strange plan."
I whip out the laser just point it at the chimeras and wag it around a bit. It seems like they're chasing it around! Once they're off the blindar I have Buddy starting running for it again.

"May I open my eyes now?"
"You may."
"So what was your little secret trick Rainy?"
"They love chasing laser pointers."
"So do I!"
The Chimeras follow us back to the bow as planned and we re-group with everyone else.

"Buddy! What happened to your leg!
"It's fine for now."
"Are we ready to try and drop our holy bomb of enchantments here?"
"As ready as I'll ever be!"
"Are you sure Sir Kagio? That was a pretty unenthusiastic sounding answer.
"Sir yes sir! We are eagerly awaiting to drop the holy light magic combo on these beasts from the somber pits of hell!"
"Much better."
>>
No. 727849 ID: 15a025
File 146509301369.gif - (98.85KB , 1121x934 , chimer go boom.gif )
727849

A loud, high pitch noise echoes through the freezing wind as Buddy, Sir Kagio, and the other guards charge up their enchantments and spells to lay waste to the massive group of un-holy beasts. Soon the blindar picks up all the action. After the loud explosion from the enchantment combo, there's nothing left of the foul beasts.
>>
No. 727850 ID: 15a025
File 146509306837.png - (5.57KB , 800x600 , fighting over friend.png )
727850

"Way to go Buddy! You got rid of the chimeras for us!"
"What about us? We helped get rid of them as well..."
"We couldn't have done it without you three either. Now comes for the after party fun. Would one of you mind helping Buddy to his room now? We really need to get his leg patched up. Oscar, think you could get Rainy's nose fixed up a bit?"
"Forget fish breath over there. I'm much more knowledgeable on first aid than he is."
"not to mention more clumsy with those big floppy wings..."
"What did you say to me you little tuna fish!"
"What's it even matter to you Don? All day you've done nothing but lash insults at our friend over here. Now you want to fix up her nose!"
"There you go again, kicking up dirt on me. I never threw insults at her. Listen, why don't you come with me and get your nose fixed up, and then maybe enjoy some lunch. I am a pretty famous cook around the kingdom."
"Famous for burning everyone's food maybe... Come on Lady Brasshoof, we can retire my quarters for now and enjoy a real lunch after I get that nose fixed up for you."

A...are they really fighting over who gets to fix up my nose or am I missing something here? Who do you feel I should go with spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 728107 ID: a075ba

>A...are they really fighting over who gets to fix up my nose or am I missing something here?
I think it's a preexisting fight / rivalry between the two of them that has just happened to latch onto your nose.

Suggest that they work together. I don't think either of them really wants to, but pride will probably prevent either from bowing out first.
>>
No. 728163 ID: 15a025
File 146524634416.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , bcook1.png )
728163

>I think it's a preexisting fight / rivalry between the two of them that has just happened to latch onto your nose.
Guess this is what Oscar meant by not really getting along with the other sages.

>Suggest that they work together. I don't think either of them really wants to, but pride will probably prevent either from bowing out first.
"Why don't the two of you just work together then? Standing out here in the cold and arguing over something goofy like this isn't going to do us much good."
"Seems like a fine idea."
"Whatever..."
Oscar and Don bring into one the ship's cabins and have me sit down on the bed.

"First we should use some tissues to plug up the nose so you're not bleeding all over the place."
"Well that's pretty easy. Here hand me some tissues Oscar."
"You're not letting her do that herself are you?"
"Why wouldn't I let her handle it Don?"
"She's blind ya lousy tuna fish."
"And what's that got to with anything Don?"
"She can't see where she's putting the tissue! She might end up sticking it in her eye or something."
"Don.
"What!"
"Your idiocy is shining like a freshly lit candle. Just because you're blind can't doesn't mean you can't find your nose and touch it."
"I bet you fifty bucks you can't close your eyes and touch your nose on the first try."
"You got a deal!"
"Uh...I hate to interrupt your little competition over there but what about my nose over here?"
"Whops, sorry about. Here's the tissues"
"Thanks!"
>>
No. 728164 ID: 15a025
File 146524640630.png - (8.34KB , 800x600 , bcook3.png )
728164

I take the two little tissues Oscar handed me and use them to plug up my nose for now. After that it's back to listening to Don and Oscar argue with each other. Their argument goes on for what feels like an entire hour and turns into a competition of who can do more goofy thing with a blind fold on than the other. Towards the end here, the smoke detectors started blaring through the room.

"You floundering fool. Now look what you've done! I thought you were the best chef in the kingdom!"
"Look what I've done? More like look at what you've done! You were the one cooking."
"You're the one with the blind fold!"
"Uhh...I hate to interrupt your little competition here again but...aren't you going to put out the fire?"
"Yeah Oscar, aren't you going to put out your fire over there!"
"Don't try and pin this one on me you floundering flamingo! This is your mess to clean up!"
"My mess! Oh no this is definitely your mess fish breath. Besides, you're the one with the water magic here. Therefore, it's your job to put out the fire."

How can these two just stand there and argue while the rooms burning up in a blaze! Any ideas on how I might be able to put this out myself? I'm not really seeing a fire extinguisher on the blindar...
>>
No. 728185 ID: a075ba

>Any ideas on how I might be able to put this out myself? I'm not really seeing a fire extinguisher on the blindar...
Quickest way to put out a kitchen fire is usually to smother it by covering it up. Just grab the pan lids and get 'em in place quick! (Use your false hand so you don't risk burns).

Also helps to turn off the gas.
>>
No. 728189 ID: 7b65b9

You just got to fight fire with fire have and those two compete in a fire smothering competition.
>>
No. 728358 ID: 15a025
File 146534195187.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , don.png )
728358

>Quickest way to put out a kitchen fire is usually to smother it by covering it up. Just grab the pan lids and get 'em in place quick! (Use your false hand so you don't risk burns).
>You just got to fight fire with fire have and those two compete in a fire smothering competition.
That's not that bad of an idea actually!

"Alright winner takes all! Fire smothering competition, first one to put out the fire wins!"
"What's the prize?"
"Instead of a prize the loser gets punished. Loser has to fix up my nose."
"Oh it's one of those competitions. Have fun fixing that nose Oscar cause I'm gonna win."
"Too slow Don. I've already put it out."
"What! How?!"
"While you were distracted talking about another competition I put it out with a little water enchantment. Blindfolded. I'll be taking that fifty bucks you owe me now."
"Fine, here ya-oh yeah. Did I forget to mention I don't have any money."
"I'll just add that to the other four-hundred dollars you still owe me then."
"You've won this round fish breath, but we'll see who does the better job on this mission. Now get out of my cabin before you really burn it down."
"Your cabin? Have you forgotten who owns this ship! If anything, I should be sending the repair bills to you for burning it up!"
"Bah just get out of here you crusty barnacle.
The door slams shut as Oscar Storms out of the room.

"Now that he's gone I can finally work in peace."
"If you don't mind me asking, what was with all that?"
"What was with what?
"You know, your little rivalry or whatever with Oscar?"
"Rivalry? I suppose you could call it that. Anyway, it's none of your business. Now let's get this honker of yours fixed up."
Don's wings flap around my nose like he's trying to hold it or something. It really tickles a lot and makes me sneeze.
"Oh well isn't that just great! You got snot and crud all over me. Get out of here and just go have Ronda help you. I don't know why she just didn't help you in the first place. That's her job, not mine."
"Where's her room from here again?"
"Right across from mine! Now scoot, out you go. I can't offered to get sick from your germs."

Don physically shoves me right out the door. He's definitely a bird of a different kind...
>>
No. 728360 ID: 15a025
File 146534203782.png - (11.16KB , 800x600 , randb.png )
728360

Oh well. I walk over to Ronda's room and knock on the door.
"Who is it?"
"Rainy. May I come in?"
"You may."
I walk in and seat myself at the table, and after the blindar draws up the room for me I see Buddy's in here.
"If you don't mind me asking, what was all the commotion going on over in Don's room about? Did those two break into one of their famous goofy political debates again?"
"No, they ended up competing in some little goofy competition."
"Oh those two are always trying to prove one's better than the other."
"Why's that?"
"For the big promotion."
"What's the promotion for?"
"It's a little complicated so I'll just break it down into a bite sized piece. Between the four of us mages, one of us gets picked by the grand sage to train under them and become the first mortal sage."
"Sounds like a pretty big deal."
"Oh it is! It'd be amazing to get picked for the position myself, but I feel like Oscar and Don deserve the spot more. They're just so dedicated and determined to get picked, I'd feel bad if they didn't."
"How does one get picked for the spot?"
"The grand sage judges the four of us and just picks who they feels deserves the knowledge the most."
"Well where are my manners. I forgot to asked if you'd like something to drink. I'm sure you're pretty thirsty after helping us fight off all those chimeras."
"I'd love some tea!"
Ronda makes us all some nice warm tea. After some small talk she blows a fancy spell on my nose and fixes it up in an instant.

"Feeling better?"
"A ton!"
Suddenly the intercom goes off and one of the guards starts shouting something.
"Captain Scallop has issued another board room meeting. Everyone down to the conference hall in ten minutes. Yes, lunch will be served as well."
"I hope 'everyone' isn't including Buddy over here. He really needs to rest after fighting all those chimeras. If you want to stay here and skip the meeting I can tell Oscar and them you couldn't come either. I'm sure Buddy wouldn't mind the company."

That's a tough choice here. Should I head off to the conference with Ronda or stay here and hang out with Buddy?
>>
No. 728408 ID: a075ba

As much as I'd enjoy just hanging out with buddy, someone has to keep the feuding archmages in line. And you probably can't afford to miss the information.
>>
No. 728521 ID: 15a025
File 146543357907.png - (5.06KB , 800x600 , plain confrence room.png )
728521

>As much as I'd enjoy just hanging out with Buddy, someone has to keep the feuding archmages in line. And you probably can't afford to miss the information.
"I should probably come with. There's probably going to be some important information brought up. Plus I'm kind of hungry."
"Then let's head down. Behave your-self while we're gone Buddy!"
"I'll be on my bestest behavior!"
When we get to the confernce room and take our seats Oscar serves up...carrot salad.

"I see his highness has sent us only the best of the food in the kingdom again..."
"It could be worse...the king have made us stick to a bread and water diet."
After we all snack on our salads Don finally comes in.
"Don you were suppose to be here fifteen-minutes ago. What took you so long!"
"Had to shower up after someone sneezed all over me."
"Just sit down and shut up. Where's Buddy?"
"He's resting up right now. He isn't going to be moving around much today. I should have his leg patched up and ready to go before we dock tomorrow."

"So what's this meeting for anyway?"
"We still don't have a real plan of attack for our mission here."
"Yeah we do. We drop Rainy of at the place, get the princess in return, and high tail it out of there."
"What about the parts where we get Rainy back and make sure they don't get her weaponized arm that'll easily destroy everything in the kingdom if they get their hands on!"
"Oscar! Take a chill pill over there. We can hear you just fine."
"Yeah Oscar! Take a chill pill!"
"Don, shush! Anyway, do we have any maps of the building or any knowledge of the place?"
"We know very little of their base. In fact, all we know is it's a massive building. that seems to be ten floors high."
"Only the best of information from Captain Scallop himself! How do you get such amazing and detailed information such as how many floors the building has!"
"Don! Zip it please. Or do I need to slap you silly with a silence enchantment?"
"Jokes on you! There's no such thing as a silence spell."
"Fooey, you've actually been studying up on stuff for once..."
"Alright that's enough now. Despite our limited knowledge of the enemy and their base I've got two plans, both of which have some quite obvious flaws."
"What? The great Captain Scallop's plans have flaws in them? I never thought I'd live to see the day that'd happen!"
"Quiet Don! At least let him share his plans before judging them."

"Thank you Ronda. So as I was saying here, plan A here is to just storm the place and take the princess by force, and the less favorable plan B, we wire up Lady Brasshoof with a tracker and go from there.
"I don't mean to be rude here but...both of those sound like some rather un-favorable plans there Oscar."
"It's the best I can do on such little info here. I was hoping we'd be able to brainstorm some ideas here or flesh out the two plans I just proposed."

Well...what do you think spooky guide spirits? Should I go with one of Oscar's plans or do you have an ace hiding in there for us?
>>
No. 728631 ID: a075ba

Frontal attack puts you all at considerable risk, and gives the people inside a chance to escape with, kill, or chimerize the princess before we get to her.

Dropping Rainy in on her own means putting her at massive personal risk, quite possible gives the baddy what we want and gains us... what, exactly? You already know where the base is, and there's no reason they have to take her to the princes, so I don't see what the tracker gets us.

>Well...what do you think spooky guide spirits? Should I go with one of Oscar's plans or do you have an ace hiding in there for us?
It really seems like we should explore if we have any information gathering options. We have access to 4 archamges, and fairly unique blindar / life sense enchantments. Is there any way we can combine resources / elements to scan the place at range? (Range increase? Scrying Pool? Astral projection? Flight? Invisibility?).

Ideally we want a surgical strike or infiltration.

Also seems like we should explore what they're capable of preparing in advance when they have prep time, and aren't being surprised.

>constant bickering
Could both of you cut it out and act your damn ages? You're supposed to be archmages, not bickering children. And our lives, or worse are on the line. As well as the princess'.

If being a sage is supposed to be about wisdom, you're sure not displaying it right now!
>>
No. 729024 ID: 15a025
File 146570513140.png - (5.17KB , 800x600 , plain confrence room2.png )
729024

>It really seems like we should explore if we have any information gathering options. We have access to 4 archamges, and fairly unique blindar / life sense enchantments. Is there any way we can combine resources / elements to scan the place at range? (Range increase? Scrying Pool? Astral projection? Flight? Invisibility?).
>Ideally we want a surgical strike or infiltration.
"I've got an idea! Ronda, is there any way you might be able to increase the range on my enchantments?"
"I'd love too! Unfortunately I can't."
"You know, you guys already told me your elements, but what kind of spells and enchantments do you use?"
"Well I suppose we could fill you in on that then. Most of what I can do is just general healing. Like I said earlier, I can also summon a cute little chipmunk spirit to help me move things around. I've also got a pointy spike spell, it's the one you saw earlier. I'm able to coat my wings with a very special magnetic stuff I can conjure up on my wings so I can pick things up as well. The last trick up my feathers is I can turn into a stone statue of myself. Don can go next, I'm sure he's just itching to wow us all."
"Well they don't call me the fiery flamingo for nothing-"
"Well...they don't call you the fiery flamingo at all for starters."
"Shut up and wait your turn fish face!"
"Would you two please just set aside your goofy little grudges with each other for a few minutes, you're acting like little kids right now."

"As I was about to say, all of my magical skills are pretty special. They're all counter and reflection based. Throw a punch my way and you'll get a nice explosion of fire in your face instead. Can't really counter or reflect magic that well though. You're up tuna breath!
I can do quite the bit once I'm back in the swing of things. I'm able to throw up water shields for us, conjure up shards of ice and launch them at foes, summon uncontrollable storms, and heat up or cool down water to your preferred temperature.
"Anything else you'd like to know Rainy?"

"What kind of supplies do we have on the ship we could use?"
"I've got a bottle of ex lax in my room. I could bake some nasty cookies and give the enemy bathroom problems."
"On a more serious note here, we've got a couple shotguns on the ship with a decent amount of ammo for each one. Other supplies we've got are some lanterns, ropes, oil, and some smoke bombs."
"Any of this info giving anyone here some ideas on a better plan here?"
"Better plan? I still say we burn the place to ashes and kill everyone."
"I hate to say it, but I agree with Don here. A straight on attack seems like our only viable option."
"I don't think a head on attack would be good idea. What if they escape with the princess or turn her into a chimera, or kill her?"
"Well if you got any better ideas let's hear them then!"
"We could infiltrate their base."
"Oh we can, can we? And how do suppose we would go about doing that?"
>>
No. 729405 ID: be9352

You should ask Ronda if she can cure your blindness. Also ask Don for that peppermint.
>>
No. 729469 ID: a075ba

>I've got a bottle of ex lax in my room. I could bake some nasty cookies and give the enemy bathroom problems.
If we were going to try and disable them like that, we'd probably want to get it into their water supply. We could probably get into the pipes well outside the building.

>They're all counter and reflection based. Throw a punch my way and you'll get a nice explosion of fire in your face instead.
How big an area can you put a counter over, and what kinds of things can you counter? Just physical attacks like punches? What about gunshots? Or, radiation, light, radio?

>I'm able to throw up water shields for us, conjure up shards of ice and launch them at foes, summon uncontrollable storms, and heat up or cool down water to your preferred temperature.
How big can you make shields, how long can you keep one up, how many can you have up at once? How do your shields compare to a fire reflection in terms of defense? (Like, what things can get through).

How quickly can you change temperatures of a material?

What kind of storm? (Rain, hail, snow, thunder, tornado, hurricane...?) How large?

>"We could infiltrate their base."
>"Oh we can, can we? And how do suppose we would go about doing that?"
Well, off the top of my head, we can probably walk through any wall we want by hitting it with extreme cold and heat, and then tapping it with earth magic or my fist.

Exact details kind of up in the air until I've finished figuring out what we're all capable of. Even if we do just go on an all out attack, it would be nice if we did it smart.

Would be getting a flyover of the facility without being spotted be possible? Maybe if we sent Ronda at night, and we used Oscar to make sure there were clouds so there's no moon or stars?
>>
No. 729842 ID: 15a025
File 146603910606.png - (4.96KB , 800x600 , possible plan.png )
729842

>If we do just go on an all out attack, it would be nice if we did it smart.
"Well, if we're going to do an all out attack, we should try to be smart about it."
"Better step up your game there Mr. Fiery Flamingo. Our new friend here seems to already know more than you do about tactics. I agree with your statement Lady Brasshoof."
"I told you to zip it over there! As for you, just what kind of cards do you think you've got up your sleeves?"

>Exact details kind of up in the air until I've finished figuring out what we're all capable of
"Before I start hammering out ideas, I'd like learn more about your spells."
"Oh by all means then, fire away those questions. I'd be more than happy to talk about my skills."

>How big an area can you put a counter over, and what kinds of things can you counter? Just physical attacks like punches? What about gunshots? Or, radiation, light, radio?
"What exactly can you counter and reflect, and what's the area you can counter over?"
"I can only counter and reflect things from 3 feet away at most. As for what I can counter and reflect, pretty much anything that's not magic or water."
"So can you reflect bullets?"
"It can reflect a bullet. As in a single bullet. The spell can only handle one thing at a time. In other words, I have to ready the spell each and every time I want to counter or reflect something."

>How big can you make shields, how long can you keep one up, how many can you have up at once? How do your shields compare to a fire reflection in terms of defense? (Like, what things can get through).
"Alright Oscar you're next. How long can you hold the shields up, and how many can you have up at once?"
"I can throw up four shields at once and they last for however long it takes for the enemy to brake them."
"What's it take to brake them?"
"Depends on the type and strength of the enchantment or spell the enemy is using. It takes about a good ten fire based attacks to brake the shield, five hits from light based attacks, and only three good blows from an earth based attack. Water based attacks do nothing."
"Is there anything that can go through them?"
"Only one major flaw, bullets go through them like a hot knife through butter. They don't break the shield though."
"How quickly can you change temperatures of a material?"
"I can only change the temperatures of liquids. But to answer anyway, it takes only mere seconds to heat up your cold cup of coffee to feel freshly brewed. Alternatively I could make a nasty warm cup of water go back to a nice, cool, refreshing drink."
"That's still pretty handy!"
"I'm glad someone else thinks so for once. Any other questions?"

> What kind of storm? (Rain, hail, snow, thunder, tornado, hurricane...?) How large?
"What kind of storms can you summon and how big of a storm would it be?"
"I can't really control the spell all that well yet so it's kind of a mystery as to what kind of storm it'll be. From past experience it could be a heavy downpour of rain, a massive blizzard, or at worst, a thunderstorm with freezing rain and hail."
"Yikes!"

>You should ask Ronda if she can cure your blindness.
"Hey Ronda? I know I'm shooting for the stars here when I ask this but, do you think you could use your healing magic to cure my blindness?"
" Aw... I really wish I could. My magic and enchantments might be strong but they're not strong enough for that kind of job."
"It's fine..."

>If we were going to try and disable them like that, we'd probably want to get it into their water supply. We could probably get into the pipes well outside the building.
"Hey Ronda, were you serious about having ex lax here?"
"I've got a little bottle of it in my room but I wasn't actually serious about using it on the enemy. Why do you ask? Having some bathroom problems?"
"No, I'm fine. But I was thinking, what if we just dumped it all into their water pipes and contaminated their drinking water with it?"
"I'm not sure how well that would work with such a small bottle..."
"I think it's worth a shot if we get the chance. At worst we end up messing their pluming up a bit."

>Would be getting a flyover of the facility without being spotted be possible? Maybe if we sent Ronda at night, and we used Oscar to make sure there were clouds so there's no moon or stars?
"One more question here. Ronda do you think it's possible to get a flyover of this place?"
"I think it's worth a shot. It'd be nice if Oscar could give me some cover by throwing up some fog or making it a lil cloudy as well.
"I don't feel safe messing with the weather right now. I've got little control over the spell and it's too unpredictable."

>Ask Don for that peppermint.
"Hey Don, may I have one of those peppermints?"
"You many not."
"If I'm going to go do a flyover of the place then I've got a couple questions. First, when should I head off for that and how far away is this place from the dock?"
"The ships docking in the early morning tomorrow. From the docks it's at least an hour walk into the woods where this place is hiding. It might be best if you live soon."
"Alright then, second question is, is either of you going to come with or am I flying solo?"
"I'd be great for protection Ronda. Let me come with! I could even keep you warm!"
"I'd be a better pick than him. As much as I hate doing it, I could whip up a storm as a distraction to get out of there quickly in case things go south."
"It might be better if I went with, or went alone. Things could go real bad if even one of you got killed or captured."
"That's pretty brave of you to offer to fly behind enemy lines Sir Kagio."
"What are your thoughts Rainy?"

They seem pretty set on that whole flyover idea now... I don't know. What do you think Spooky Guide Spirits?
>>
No. 729852 ID: 7b65b9

I was wondering if Oscar can change the temperature of his shield, and if he can, can he turn it into ice to potentially stop bullets?
Overall, i'd say Don should go because he can fly, and if one of them gets hurt, the other can help fly the other out of the area, where as Oscar would have to go on foot. It would be easier for the two of them to stick together, like birds of a feather.
>>
No. 730025 ID: a075ba

Sorry, Oscar, but sending you defeats the whole point of sending a flier. We want people who hopefully won't be noticed and have an easy way to escape. I'm sure you could help, but you just can't move the same way.
>>
No. 730369 ID: 15a025
File 146622982885.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , Oscarconroom.png )
730369

>Overall, i'd say Don should go because he can fly, and if one of them gets hurt, the other can help fly the other out of the area, where as Oscar would have to go on foot. It would be easier for the two of them to stick together, like birds of a feather.
>Sorry, Oscar, but sending you defeats the whole point of sending a flier. We want people who hopefully won't be noticed and have an easy way to escape. I'm sure you could help, but you just can't move the same way.

"Sorry Oscar, but I think we should send Don out with Ronda. I'm sure you'd be a helpful addition but the point of a flyover is to...well flyover the place."
"It's fine, no need to apologi-"
"Ha! Now who's the fish out of water!"
"Don! Zip it!"
"Fine. Let's get going then. The sooner we leave, sooner we get back to report."
"Now you're talking. We'll try to be back before you all dock tomorrow morning.
"Stay safe you two."
I hear Don and Ronda rush out the room, leaving Oscar, the guards, and me left in the room.
"Well that leaves the schedule wide open for now. Is there anything you feel like doing?"

That's a good question. I'm not really sure myself. I could go check up on Buddy? I suppose I could also ask if there's anything Oscar needs help with, but I'm open to other ideas as well. What do you feel like doing Spooky Guide Spirits?
>>
No. 730570 ID: a075ba

Uh, now that the immediate crisis is over, do we have a sat phone or anything? I'd like to make sure Candy is all right.
>>
No. 730838 ID: 15a025
File 146638099591.png - (8.79KB , 800x600 , no buddys here.png )
730838

>Uh, now that the immediate crisis is over, do we have a sat phone or anything? I'd like to make sure Candy is all right.
Only phone I have is my emergency contact phone, but maybe the ship has some kind of really cool expensive phone?

"Oscar is there some kind of phone on the ship I could use? I'd really like to check up on my friend Candy."
"Sorry, only thing the ship's got for communication is an old radio set."
"Does it work?"
"Now what kind of captain do you take me for? Everything on the ship works fine. I'd advice against using the radio though, it's only for distress calls."
"That's understandable."
"Speaking of phones, why don't you just use yours?"
"It only dials nine-one-one."
"I'm sure your friend is fine. Why don't you go check up on Buddy? I'm sure he'd appreciate some company."
"What about you Oscar?"
"I'm going to head back up and keep the boat on course."
I leave the conference room and head back to Ronda's cabin to see how
Buddy's doing.

When I walk in, I notice a strange smell in the room, and no-one shows up on the blindar.
"Hey Buddy? You doing alright in here?"
No response. I wait around for a couple minutes in case he got up to use the rest room or grab something, but after a bit he's still not back. What should I do now?
>>
No. 730853 ID: a075ba

>>730838
There's a little bit of purple by the corner of the bed that wasn't here before. That's not good. Go check it out so we can get a better look at it.

Then we're going to have to sound the alarm / go looking for him. If something got to Buddy...
>>
No. 731070 ID: 15a025
File 146646259778.png - (5.38KB , 800x600 , goopy stuff.png )
731070

>There's a little bit of purple by the corner of the bed that wasn't here before. That's not good. Go check it out so we can get a better look at it.

I get up and move over to the corner of the bed and start to examine the purple stuff. It feels kind of liquidy and a little goopy, it also stinks a little bit.
When I finish messing with the purple goop I get up and head for the door when I hear some loud barking coming from outside!
"Buddy? Buddy are you okay?!"

The barking continues and gets louder...
>>
No. 731073 ID: 15a025
File 146646266644.gif - (9.56KB , 800x600 , Buddysroom.gif )
731073

I rush out the cabin and follow the noise. It's coming from Buddy's cabin! When I get there the bark stops but I can still hear the faint noise of something growling.

"Buddy what's going on in there! Are you alright?!"
"I'm fine but our cabin isn't!"
"What's wrong with our cabin?"
"Every so often there's just the faintest sound coming from something in here. I think there's some kind of chimera or something sneaking around in here. I hate to ask, but do you think you could help me scan out the room?"
"No problem!"

I whip the door open and run into the cabin. Nothing seems out of place to me. How about you spooky guide spir-

"There's that noise again!"

I'm not hearing anything. How about you spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 731160 ID: a075ba

>>731073
There's a little box in the middle of the back wall, next to the bureau. That looks like it's making a noise.

It might be a phone on vibrate or some other distraction, though. Take a look at Bucky before going in, make sure he isn't compromised.
>>
No. 731258 ID: be9352

Looks like there's something in that box making noise. Check it out. Also give Buddy his bone down there for being a good buy.
>>
No. 731289 ID: 15a025
File 146654225387.png - (21.70KB , 800x600 , get items.png )
731289

>There's a little box in the middle of the back wall, next to the bureau. Looks like it's making a noise.
Oh I think I can hear it now. Worth checking out.

>Take a look at Buddy before going in, make sure he isn't compromised.
I peep in a take a look at Buddy. He still shows up with that same gold/yellow color on the blindar.
"Something wrong?"
"Nah it's nothing. Just trying to figure out where that sound is coming from. Sounds like it's around the wall over there."
"I don't see anything strange lurking around the back wall though."
I walk over to the beds and check the little box on the floor. I feel around and sure enough, it's my phone vibrating in there.
"Did you find what was making that noise?"
"It was just my cell phone vibrating"
"Your cell phone? What kind of phone is that?"
"It's a portable phone."
"They make portable phones now? That's amazing!"
I flip the phone open and the cute little computer voice comes on.

"You have: Three new voice messages. Playing message One"
"Hey Rainy, it's Doctor Gene. Just calling to wish you luck. Give'em hell out there for me. Stay safe and come back in one piece."

"Message Two"
"Rainy! This is your boss calling. Where the hell are you and Dr.Gene at? We need you back soon to run some more tests on that arm. Call me as soon as you get this message. Wait... first install that little computer chip I sent you a few months ago. It'll let your phone make non emergency calls. Hope your safe and to hear from you soon."

"Message Three"
"This is the chief calling. Damn it where are you at Brasshoof! You were suppose to be back from that circus freak mission a few days ago! Unless I get some kind of explanation as to why you're taking a sudden vacation on us, I will personally hunt you down, rip that mechanical arm off, and fire you for breaking contract."
"End of messages."

"Yikes...what's that guy's problem?"
"Guess no one told anyone at the company I work for about a few recent events."
"Oh hey! I heard something about installing a computer chip in something. You should ask Oscar to help you out with that! He knows how to use computers and stuff. Oh and uh...sorry for eavesdropping on your calls there. It's just so hard for me to block sounds out."

> give Buddy his bone down there for being a good buy
I walk over to the bone on the floor and give it to Buddy.
"Nah it's fine Buddy. You're just doing your job like any other good dog would."
"Whoa! How'd you know I had a bone just laying around here?!"
"Magic."
[color=yellow]"You've got a enchantment that lets you know where bones are? That's amazing!"


I walk back to the box and dig around in it. Seems like it's my suitcase. Inside there's:
One Sweater
Two shirts
One Jacket
A pocket knife
That computer chip thingy
A screwdriver
An empty plastic bottle
Piece of paper. Not sure if there's anything written on it or not though. No braille on it.
And...a gun? Feels like a little pistol. No ammo in the box, not sure if it's loaded.
"So what are you going to do Rainy? I could bring you over to Oscar and have him help you out with that phone thing."
"Are you sure you should be up and moving around yet Buddy? Ronda made it sound like your leg's in pretty bad shape."

"It hurts to walk on it, but I've really got to scout out the ship for anymore chimeras that might be lurking around here. It'd be pretty bad if one of them got the jump on one of us because I didn't find them first."
>>
No. 731299 ID: a075ba

>no one told your boss
You'd think Dr. Gene would have told him. I mean, they'd have to call her too at some point, right?

>Piece of paper. Not sure if there's anything written on it or not though.
You could ask Buddy.

>Oscar could upgrade your phone to actually make outgoing calls
That would be pretty useful, yes. Probably should do that sooner rather than later.

>sweaters / shirts / jacket
Do you need to change and/or are you still cold? Your current outfit has taken a swim and been through who knows what else in the fight.

>inventory
Grab chip, knife, gun, screwdriver and any clothes you want to wear.

>"It hurts to walk on it, but I've really got to scout out the ship for anymore chimeras that might be lurking around here. It'd be pretty bad if one of them got the jump on one of us because I didn't find them first."
I'm not sure you should be doing that alone. What if one of them gets the jump on you?

If we go to see Oscar, maybe we should get one of the guards to watch Buddy's back.
>>
No. 731341 ID: 7b65b9

I think you should go get that chip installed with Oscar's help, call your boss so he doesn't have to worry any more, call Candy and see how she's doing, then help Oscar look for more chimeras. By that time maybe Don and Ronda will be back.
>>
No. 731503 ID: 15a025
File 146663785771.gif - (32.53KB , 800x600 , super slow ball of light.gif )
731503

>You'd think Dr. Gene would have told him. I mean, they'd have to call her too at some point, right?
Better call up the boss after I get that chip installed then.

>You could ask Buddy about the paper
"Hey Buddy, could you tell me what's on this sheet of paper?"
"Looks like instructions on how to install that computer chip. I'm sure it'd help Oscar if you gave it to him with that chip."

>Probably should do that sooner rather than later.
Sounds like a plan! Should I take anything else in the suit case with me?

>Do you need to change and/or are you still cold? Your current outfit has taken a swim and been through who knows what else in the fight.
A change of clothes needs to happen. My current outfit is pretty soggy still.
"Hey Buddy, I'm going to throw on a clean shirt here. Mind closing your eyes while I change?"
"Okay they're closed."
I whip off my soggy clothes and change into some nice dry ones. It's pretty cold even in here, so I throw on the jacket for now as well.
"Alright you can look now."
"Now what?"

>Grab chip, knife, gun, screwdriver and any clothes you want to wear.
"Hang on, just need to grab some more stuff out of my suitcase real quick."
I stick the knife in my pants pocket, the screw driver in the other pocket, put the gun in my jacket pocket, and my phone, chip, and instructions in the other jacket pocket.

>I'm not sure you should be doing that alone. What if one of them gets the jump on you? If we go to see Oscar, maybe we should get one of the guards to watch Buddy's back.
"I'm not sure you should be hunting chimeras on your own like that Buddy. What if one them gets the jump on you first? Then what? Maybe Sir Kagio or one of the other guards can help you scout out the place?"
"Good thinking Rainy! I never thought about that possibility."
"Well let's go see what Oscar's up to real quick. Mind bringing me to his room?"
"Sure thing!"

On our way up to Oscar's room Buddy stops a few times to look around.
"I might be a little paranoid here but I'm still getting the feeling there's a chimera or two still sneaking around on the ship here. We better hurry up to Oscar's room."

And as the old saying goes, speak of the devil and he shall come. Sneaking around right at the top of the stairs that lead Oscar's room, laid another tiny chimera. Buddy quickly charged after it and killed it with an orb of light.
"Good boy Buddy!"
"Taught him not to sneak around our ship. Still feel like there's a few more of those little buggers crawling around."
>>
No. 731505 ID: 15a025
File 146663790785.png - (9.24KB , 800x600 , banned.png )
731505

We walk into the Oscar's room to hear...snoring?
"I think he's sleeping..."
"Oscar wake up!"
"What! What's wrong!? What did I miss! Is everyone okay?"
"That was kind of rude Rainy, but it's also not polite to be sleeping while you're steering the boat Oscar."
"I know what I'm doing, but you're right. I should be sleeping while I'm driving. What do you two need?"
"I was wondering if you could install this little chip in my cell phone for me?"
"Let me take a look here..."

I hand Oscar my Cell Phone, Computer Chip, a screwdriver, and the instruction sheet.

"You do know these chips are illegal and outlawed right? Where did you get this?"

This isn't good...should I tell him the truth or lie about how I got it?
>>
No. 731510 ID: a075ba

>I [shouldn't] be sleeping while I'm driving.
Also with those tiny chimeras on the loose, if anyone is gonna sleep, they should do so around someone awake so there are no ambushes.

>You do know these chips are illegal and outlawed right?
Well I guess it's a good thing we're in international waters, then!

But no, I didn't.

...wait if it's illegal, why did it come with instructions. Since when does bootleg stuff come with proper documentation?

>This isn't good...should I tell him the truth or lie about how I got it?
Might as well be honest. Your company can afford the fine / has enough lawyers, I'm sure. And assuming you actually save the princess here, I'm sure the king will be more than willing to overlook a little tech.

Honestly, it's your boss' own fault. If he wanted it kept secret, he should have told you. And included instructions you didn't need help to read.
>>
No. 731591 ID: 15a025
File 146671370006.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , still cant draw phones.png )
731591

>With those tiny chimeras on the loose, if anyone is gonna sleep, they should do so around someone awake so there are no ambushes.

Good thinking! We should probably set up a "watch list" list sometime.
>Well I guess it's a good thing we're in international waters, then! But no, I didn't...wait if it's illegal, why did it come with instructions. Since when does bootleg stuff come with proper documentation?
"Well I guess it's a good think we're out in international waters then! Sorry, I didn't know these were outlawed."
"It's fine. You should really be careful about two things in Talvi though. Technology and Magic. Laws on those things are pretty tight and strict. I'll put the chip for now since we really could use another way of calling for help but I'm pulling it out once our business out here is finished. Mind telling me how you got this chip now?"

>Might as well be honest. Your company can afford the fine / has enough lawyers, I'm sure. And assuming you actually save the princess here, I'm sure the king will be more than willing to overlook a little tech.
"My boss gave it to me."
"Your boss? What kind of place do you work at?"
"Same place that gave me this freaky robot arm. I was a currier for a weapon R&D place."
"Well enough questions for now. Give me a second here to put this in for you."

When I turn around to talk to Buddy, he's gone!
"Buddy where'd you go?"
"I'm over here! Me and Sir Kagio are going to head out to hunt down those tiny chimeras."
Before I can say anything, I hear door behind me shut as fast as it opened.

"Looks like it's just us in here now."
While Oscar works on illegally modifying my phone, I wonder how everyone else is doing? After a few minutes Oscar finishes installing the chip.
"Here you go, make any calls you need while you can. Like I said, once we finish our job out here and head back for home, I'm pulling the chip out and bringing it back to factory settings."

I thanks Oscar for his hard work and take the phone back. Now let's see here, who should I call first? I could try calling Candy? Wait, she doesn't live at home anymore and I don't think she'd be back in her dorm room. I could call my boss or the chief and tell them what's going? I could also call up Officer Nibbles and see if they've found any more helpful info in those books Candy and I found.
>>
No. 731723 ID: a075ba

If it hasn't been very long, you might be able to get in contact with Candy by calling the palace. She still might be there.

Calling your boss probably takes priority over Nibbles, unfortunately. I'd rather talk to her, but I'd rather not be fired, and he should probably be coordinating with the royals instead of being in the dark.
>>
No. 731894 ID: 15a025
File 146691640591.gif - (8.87KB , 800x600 , cussphone.gif )
731894

>If it hasn't been very long, you might be able to get in contact with Candy by calling the palace. She still might be there.
"Oscar, do you know the number for the palace? I'd like to try and get a hold of my friend."
"Yup. Here I'll dial it in for you."
"Thanks!"
"Here, it's ringing."
The phone rings a bit before a silent answering machine beeps.
"No one picked up."
"They must be busy. I'd try calling back later."

>Calling your boss probably takes priority over Nibbles, unfortunately. I'd rather talk to her, but I'd rather not be fired, and he should probably be coordinating with the royals instead of being in the dark.
"Well I suppose I better call my boss and the chief then. Mind dialing the number for me?"
"No problem!"
Oscar dials the number for me and I step out of the room once someone picks up.
"Hello? Who is this?"
"Just a rain cloud blowing by."
"It's about time you called! Do you have any idea how much hell we've been going through to find you and Dr. Gene! Where are you!"
"I'm on a boat in the middle of the ocean."
A loud and drawn out sigh blasts through the phone speaker.
"Well I'm glad you're safe, but now is a really bad time to be going on vacation. The chief wants you back here ASAP!"
"I'm not out here to have fun!"
"Then what are you doing out at sea?"
"I'm on one of the king's military ships ou-"
There's a pop, and then a series of beeps. She hung up on me!

I fumble with the keypad a bit and manage to call up the chief next.
"This better be who I hope it is calling!"
"It's just a rain shower rolling in."
"Well it's about damn time I hear from you! Where the hell are you!"
"In the middle of the ocean on a military boat."
A series of incomprehensible words and vulgarities jet out from the phone's speaker.
"Can't understand a word you're saying chief."
"What kind of trouble did you get your ass into to land on a military ship! I send you out on a simple little job to stop some circus freaks, and you get stuck on a military boat! If you didn't have that arm on you I'd fire ya right now! I don't want to imagine all the bullshit and paper work we're going to have to deal with to get you back! Expect a big wage decrease heading your way as a token of my gratitude for this."
"But Chief, I didn't do anything!"

"Whatever. Anything else you'd like share with me?"
>>
No. 731977 ID: a075ba

>"[The palace] must be busy. I'd try calling back later."
What? You didn't get picked up by one of several secretaries, or go to voicemail, or anything? Since when do seats of governments only have a single line?

...or it does have multiple lines, and something's happening to keep them all occupied. Which isn't a good sign. Maybe the baddies tried to attack Candy at the palace after all.

>"What kind of trouble did you get your ass into to land on a military ship! I send you out on a simple little job to stop some circus freaks, and you get stuck on a military boat! If you didn't have that arm on you I'd fire ya right now! I don't want to imagine all the bullshit and paper work we're going to have to deal with to get you back! Expect a big wage decrease heading your way as a token of my gratitude for this."
>"Whatever. Anything else you'd like share with me?"
*snap*

Yes, I'd like to share that you're being an idiot. You sent me in to deal with a situation where people were manufacturing chimeras, and either your intelligence gathering was so incompetent you didn't know how bad it was, or you knew how bad it was and sent me in anyways without giving me the facts. I'm not sure which is worse. I could have been killed or much worse, easily. It got so bad the Royal Guard had to storm the place to rescue the hostages / test subjects, which is when the royals swept me up. And you didn't see anything about a massive rescue operation at the circus on the news with so many witnesses they couldn't have covered it up, and you didn't have any assets keeping a personal eye on the situation either? It's your own damn fault you didn't know what happened to me! This is the first time I've had access to a working phone in days!

Oh, and thanks for the highly illegal phone chip too. You could have mentioned that I was supposed to keep it secret when you gave it to me. And not given the blind girl written instructions!

Now, what you should be doing, instead of reprimanding me, is getting down on your knees and apologizing for the massive fuckup on your part, and getting on the phone and trying to leverage the opportunity I've given you with the palace to your advantage. One of your assets, using your tech, just helped the royal guard, repelled an attack on the palace, and got roped into a top level military assignment for them. You should be use this! Getting something for it! Working with them! Working a relationship that will benefit you company, and giving me a damn bonus for the opportunity!

DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!
>>
No. 731996 ID: 91ee5f

>>731977
Everything that was said here.
>>
No. 732181 ID: 15a025
File 146706617084.gif - (60.10KB , 800x600 , hang up.gif )
732181

>Yes, I'd like to share that you're being an idiot. You sent me in to deal with a situation where people were manufacturing chimeras, and either your intelligence gathering was so incompetent you didn't know how bad it was, or you knew how bad it was and sent me in anyways without giving me the facts. I'm not sure which is worse. I could have been killed or much worse, easily
"I...I'm almost at loss for words here. You send me out to deal with what turned out to be a group of crazy badger cultists that can turn people into Chimeras! Either you withheld that bit from me or our intelligence gathering group isn't all that great. It was far from a simple little job! I could have been killed or worse!"
"You're being over dramatic. You were more than well equipped for the job. Not only were you with some best members on the police force, but you had a robotic arm that could kill just about anything in a few measly punches!"

>And you didn't see anything about a massive rescue operation at the circus on the news with so many witnesses they couldn't have covered it up, and you didn't have any assets keeping a personal eye on the situation either? It's your own damn fault you didn't know what happened to me! This is the first time I've had access to a working phone in days!
"And don't you really haven't seen any of this on the news? With so many people around, I have doubts they could cover this one up."
"Hard to watch the news when [i]someone blows out the damn cable box with their morning coffee. Yes damn it I'm talking about you Andrew! But that's on us, so fair point."[/i]

>Oh, and thanks for the highly illegal phone chip too.
"By the way thanks for sending me a highly illegal phone chip thing. You could have told me to keep that a secret!"
"Did you even bother to read the instructions that came with it! You realize how big of fine we could be getting for that? Who did you show and tell that chip to?"
"Oh right, the instructions that I can't read. Thanks for not writing it in braille."
"Oh this day just keeps getting better."

>One of your assets, using your tech, just helped the royal guard, repelled an attack on the palace, and got roped into a top level military assignment for them. You should be use this! Getting something for it! Working with them! Working a relationship that will benefit you company, and giving me a damn bonus for the opportunity!
"Oh well sit down for this one and hold on to your hat, it's about to get even better."
"I swear if there's a law suit heading our way..."
"First, I'm not on this boat over some goofy little phone chip."
"Then why are you on a military boat when you're suppose be back here, working!"
"I'm on a military boat because I helped the royal guard repel a terrorist attack on the palace with your wonderful technology, and then got roped into helping out on top level military assignment! Instead of yelling at me for doing an amazing job, you should be apologizing for messing things up and start using this huge advantage and opportunity with the palace I-."

There's a click, followed by a series of beeps. He hung up me! Now what?
>>
No. 732217 ID: a075ba

>He hung up me! Now what?
Your boss hung up on you as soon as you mentioned the king. The chief hung up on you the minute you mentioned the palace. I don't think that's a coincidence. I'm having a harder time understanding why, though.

Are the phone lines in your country monitored? Is it a big no no to be heard discussing the royal? Does your company have a serious problem with the royals, where they're going to cut off contact with you if it even seems like you're associated with them? (Could they be in bed with the rebels?).

...did the palace get attacked again? If it was really bad they might not want to be associated with you or even second hand connected to the palace. They might be protecting themselves.

That or someone else is terminating the calls. Preventing you from giving away sensitive information?

I think you need to try the palace again. If that doesn't work, try Nibbles. Don't mention the King or the Palace or where you are. See if there's any big news since the party. Or if she knows what happened to Candy. Then maybe you can talk about the books.
>>
No. 732315 ID: 91ee5f

Since we're not under attack, I want to try something. I'm going to try screeching like a bat to see if we can use echolocation and improve our blind-dar.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....did it work?
>>
No. 732341 ID: 13e5d4

>>732315
This is a cute idea, maybe if Rainy joins in it'll improve even further!
>>
No. 732442 ID: 15a025
File 146716534442.png - (7.48KB , 800x600 , stairs.png )
732442

>Since we're not under attack, I want to try something. I'm going to try screeching like a bat to see if we can use echolocation and improve our blind-dar. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>This is a cute idea, maybe if Rainy joins in it'll improve even further!
If you feel it's worth a shot I'll try it.
I try to make bat noises with the two of you but the closest I get is making some sickly sounding deer noises.

>.....did it work?
I don't see any differences in the blindar, but I do feel a little better after that.
>>
No. 732447 ID: 15a025
File 146716561995.png - (6.57KB , 800x600 , captains view.png )
732447

>Are the phone lines in your country monitored? Is it a big no no to be heard discussing the royal?
I don't think we even have that kind of technology.

> Does your company have a serious problem with the royals, where they're going to cut off contact with you if it even seems like you're associated with them? (Could they be in bed with the rebels?).
I feel like if the company had a big problem with the royals, they wouldn't really be in business still.

> ...did the palace get attacked again? If it was really bad they might not want to be associated with you or even second hand connected to the palace. They might be protecting themselves. That or someone else is terminating the calls. Preventing you from giving away sensitive information? I think you need to try the palace again.
I go to head back in, but Oscar charges out the door
I heard some yelling and screaming out here, you alright?"
"Just some work related drama. Don't ask about the screaming though."
"Anything I might be able to help with?"
"Nah it's...it's fine. Mind dialing up the palace for me though?"
"Sure."

I hand Oscar the phone and he gives it back once it starts ringing. After a few rings an answering machine comes on.
"We're sorry, the line you're currently trying to connect to is busy. Please hang up and try again."
"I heard an answering machine, no luck on reaching your friend?"
"No luck."
"I'm sure everything's fine. Why don't we head in where it's not freezing cold out?"
"Sure!"
We head back inside the control room place. He shows me around a bit and has me even lets me sit on the captains seat.

>If that doesn't work, try Nibbles.
"Hey Oscar, do you know the number for the local police station? I'd like to get in touch with Officer Nibbles and find out if she's found any more useful info."
"It's the whatever the area code is plus nine-one-one."
"Thanks Oscar!"
I dial the number and yay! Someone answered!

"Hello? ---- city police, this is Officer Jace! What can I do to help you?"
"Oh hi Officer Jace! I need you to get Officer Nibble's on the line please."
"Oh hello Miss Brasshoof! Sorry, Officer Nibbles isn't here. Anything I can do to help?"
>>
No. 732614 ID: a075ba

>>732447
Uh, this might sound a little weird, but was their recently any really big national news you'd have to have been under a rock (or out at sea) not to have heard?

>Nibbles isn't here
Um, isn't here right now, or she still hasn't made it back after her last assignment?
>>
No. 732853 ID: 15a025
File 146731485519.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , captains view2.png )
732853

>Um, isn't here right now, or she still hasn't made it back after her last assignment?
"When you say she isn't here, do mean isn't here right now?, or do mean she isn't back from the castle party yet?"
"She hasn't come back from the castle yet."

>Uh, this might sound a little weird, but was their recently any really big national news you'd have to have been under a rock (or out at sea) not to have heard?
"This might sound a little weird but, has there been anything huge news wise going on?"
"Define huge."
"Huge as in, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know about it."
"Nothing that massive, but this morning was hell here in town. A chimera started a massive fire at a mall. We're lucky the royal guard showed up in time to kill it. Who knows what that foul beast would have destroyed next."
"That sounds awful! There weren't any casualties I hope."
"Unfortunately, there were a lot of casualties. The entire mall is nothing but a giant parking lot of fi-"

There's a little jingle and then a quiet beep.
"What was that noise?"
"I believe your phone's battery just died."
And almost at the same time someone walks into the room.
"How's it going Buddy?"

"Captain Scallop, Rainy! Quick we need to go down to the storage room! I think we've got a stowaway in there!"
"A stowaway, on my ship! Think it's time a go teach someone there's no such thing as a free ride around here!"

I hear Oscar stomp out of the room as Buddy dashes off barking as well. Did they just leave me in the control room by myself?
>>
No. 732860 ID: 91ee5f

A chimera showed up and the royal guard showed up to kill it? Well, that's a very convenient way to make them leave the castle with less guards protecting it. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Also, HOLY SHIT THERE'S A TINY CHIMERA RIGHT THERE!!!!!
>>
No. 732912 ID: a075ba

>"I believe your phone's battery just died."
I was concerned about that, but honestly, was afraid to ask and jinx it. It's been on in your suitcase for days, right?

Will have to plug it in later.

>Did they just leave me in the control room by myself?
Technically not. They left you with a tiny chimera for company.

Smack it one.

Hmmm. Do we need someone watching the wheel? It's not like there's anything to hit in the middle of the ocean, and Oscar ignored driving when the big chimeras attacked. And it's not like you can see any of the instruments.

...on the other hand if you leave the controls alone, that's pretty much asking a tiny chimera to show up and play with them, and who knows how much damage that could do.

Stay here, look around the room, see if you can make out any the controls, look for some place to charge in your phones?
>>
No. 732935 ID: 15a025
File 146733572370.png - (12.12KB , 800x600 , really bad cp.png )
732935

>A chimera showed up and the royal guard showed up to kill it? Well, that's a very convenient way to make them leave the castle with less guards protecting it. I've got a bad feeling about this.
From my understanding the royal guard is actually pretty huge. I don't think they'd send in the entire army to take down just one chi-

>HOLY SHIT THERE'S A TINY CHIMERA RIGHT THERE!!!!!
>Technically not. They left you with a tiny chimera for company. Smack it one.
Yikes, thanks for pointing that out! Just to be safe I go all out and smack it into the ground. I may or may not have put a decently sized hole into the ground in the process though...

>Hmmm. Do we need someone watching the wheel? It's not like there's anything to hit in the middle of the ocean, and Oscar ignored driving when the big chimeras attacked. And it's not like you can see any of the instruments.
Someone who can see should really be at the wheel. From what I've heard, there's actually more icebergs out here than you'd expect.

>if you leave the controls alone, that's pretty much asking a tiny chimera to show up and play with them, and who knows how much damage that could do.
I don't even want to imagine the possibilities! Hopefully Oscar and Buddy can handle whatever's down there. So while they're dealing with that, what should I be doing?

>Stay here, look around the room, see if you can make out any the controls, look for some place to charge in your phones?
Well I think I see the steering wheel on the blindar. Next to that is a little desk thing with a ton of buttons on it. I'm a little scared to push any of them though.
>>
No. 732946 ID: a075ba

>Tons of buttons
The circle and the triangle at the bottom are probably important, considering how they're differentiated from the rest, and bigger. (Gas and brake, maybe).

>chimera
>hole in the floor
Well, don't look now but there's another little one peeking over the edge of the control panel. Don't go smashing it and the controls together. Flick it off.
>>
No. 732953 ID: 91ee5f

HOLY SHIT THERE'S ANOTHER TINY CHIMERA RIGHT THERE!!!!!
>>
No. 733201 ID: 15a025
File 146743704147.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , captains view3.png )
733201

>The circle and the triangle at the bottom are probably important, considering how they're differentiated from the rest, and bigger. (Gas and brake, maybe).
The question is, which is which? Should I push one and find o-

>HOLY SHIT THERE'S ANOTHER TINY CHIMERA RIGHT THERE!!!!!
What where?

>Well, don't look now but there's another little one peeking over the edge of the control panel. Don't go smashing it and the controls together. Flick it off.

Yipes! I flick it off, being mindful not to smash the control station. The little bugger yelps in pain on impact and uh...whops? I hope that shattering noise wasn't the tiny chimera going through the window just now. Judging by the sudden temperature drop, it probably was. I should probably just stay on the lookout for little chimeras and not mess with anything else.
>>
No. 733202 ID: 15a025
File 146743710001.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , Tdoor.png )
733202

After waiting around, playing lookout, Buddy and Oscar come back with someone else?

"let me go damn it! I told you I'm on your side! For now at least"
"You can't fool my sniffer! Your soul smells all nasty and corrupted!"
"You know it's real funny how we just got attacked by a bunch of chimeras that looked like badgers, and then we just happened to find a badger of all things sneaking around in my ship."
"You fucks have no clue as to what's actually happening! Those chimeras use to be my family! Those backstabbing assholes fucked us over!"
"What backstabbing assholes?"
"The assholes you're out to go fuck up! Speaking of assholes...what's up Blindy?"
"Is this a friend of yours Rainy?"

I can't believe it! Of all the people it could of been hiding on the ship, it'd be Trish. I motion to start speaking, but get interrupted.

"Ah! Before you start spewing shit here Blindy, I've got a little proposition for ya. How's a temporary truce sound?"
"A truce?"
"Yeah a truce. We're willing to call off our little hunt on you if you're willing to help us slice up some P.O.S S.O.Bs. What'da say?"
>>
No. 733219 ID: 91ee5f

HOLY SHIT THERE'S ANOTH- Oh, wait, never mind it's just Trish.

.....?! HOLY SHIT IT'S TRISH!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK, HOW DOES SHE KEEP STALKING YOU?!?!

>Truce talk.
Tell her, ".....no. You don't deserve my help. In fact, you deserve to be thrown overboard with weights tied to your legs so that you die out here in the middle of the ocean, all alone and unloved and no one will even care about you. That's what you deserve. But, since I'm better than you, I won't do that. Besides, you can't be that much of a threat, since I managed to shoot you with a gun. That's right, me, a blind girl, with a gun, first try. And after all the shit you put me through, you expect me to trust you? With a temporary truce? I can't believe you're stupid enough to admit that you'd still attack me! My answer is no. We are not teaming up. And I may be blind, but I can see your soul clear as day. And it's purple, the color of corruption. The same color as the chimeras. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned into one right now. I kinda wish you would, it'd give us an excuse to kill you like the monster you are. But like I said, I'm better than you. Instead, we're going to purify you're soul and save you. And then, we're going to tie you up and make you sit in a corner in timeout, while the rest of us adults have a nice long talk about what to do with you."

And anytime she tries to interrupt and/or insult you, slap her across the face with the serious business hand and say, "Don't interrupt me!"
>>
No. 733226 ID: 93244f

>>733219
NEVER SAY "because i'm better than you I wont"
it does not benefit the conversation at all nor make you seem better than anyone
>>
No. 733247 ID: 91ee5f

>>733226
You seem to think that Rainy is unable to filter out what she doesn't want to say. In fact, I'm sure she's going to use me as an example of what not to say. However, criticizing me without offering a better suggestion of what she should say isn't helping the situation either. So how about you contribute to the quest and suggest something for her to say?
>>
No. 733260 ID: a075ba

>>733201
Little !'s everywhere. Must be broken glass. Don't step in that.

"Sorry about the window, Oscar. There were more little chimeras going for the controls."

>>733202
"If by truce you mean you'll stop tracking me down and attacking me, that would be great Trish. I haven't done a damn thing to you except defend myself."

"But if you think I'm going to tell them to let you go, or that I'll work with you, you're crazy."

>>733219
Then go with this speech. She's relentlessly attacked you in the worst possible situation, last time she could have gotten Nibbles or Candy killed. Read her the riot act.
>>
No. 733266 ID: 3ef6c8

>Those chimeras use to be my family!
>Those backstabbing assholes fucked us over!

I think we should ask about what happened here.
>>
No. 733575 ID: 15a025
File 146761292624.png - (6.14KB , 800x600 , captains view4.png )
733575

>Little !'s everywhere. Must be broken glass. Don't step in that.
Thanks for the heads up!

>If by truce you mean you'll stop tracking me down and attacking me, that would be great Trish. I haven't done a damn thing to you except defend myself. But if you think I'm going to tell them to let you go, or that I'll work with you, you're crazy.
"When you say truce here, does that mean you'll stop tracking and attacking me? That'd be great!"
"So we have a deal here then?
"I'll accept your truce. I'm not teaming up with you though."
"That's a big mistake bitch. A big mistake. I'll ask again, we have a deal here or not?

>She's relentlessly attacked you in the worst possible situation, last time she could have gotten Nibbles or Candy killed. Read her the riot act.
"I'm not teaming up with you Trish, especially after all the horrible things you've done to me! You threw snowballs at me, dunked me in a snow bank, chased me and my friend through the grocery store, and almost killed my best friend!"
"Well excuse me for following orders. Maybe if you would have just came quietly, none of that shit would have happened! It's your own damn fault!"
"How is it my fault? You're the one who started harassing me in the first place! Everything I've done has been in self defense!"
"Whatever, bitch. So if your turning my offer down then, what are you fuckers going to do with me?
"I feel that decision should be up to Rainy."

>we're going to purify you're soul and save you. And then, we're going to tie you up and make you sit in a corner in timeout, while the rest of us adults have a nice long talk about what to do with you."
"Well, we can't have some corrupted monster on board here so-"
"Yar! Sounds like you'll be walking the plank here missy!"
"Let me finish. Buddy, can you keep her tied up and try to purify her?"
"Don't you even fucking dare! Purifying me is a huge mistake! You realize I'm able to summon chimeras and get them on my side? I've been through too much shit to get my demonic powers to where they are. I'm not fucking letting you assholes take that away!"
"Oscar, I don't like this spooky feel I'm getting from her..."
"Then I suggest you start working on purifying her soul A.S.A.P. We don't need any more chimeras running around on my ship. Sir Kagio, could you go with in case it gets hairy?"
"Sure thing captain!"
I hear Buddy and Sir Kagio drag Trish out of the room as she shouts more obscenities.

"Now that that's being taken care of, mind explaining why I'm missing a window and there's a hole in the floor?"
"I'm so sorry about that! Some chimeras snuck in here and I got kind of scared and-"
"It's fine, nothing to cry over. Little money and some labor will get her good as new!"
"So Oscar, what do you think we should do with Trish when Buddy's done purifying her soul?"

"As much as I'd love to just send her out on a nice polar plunge to Davy Jones' locker, we won't. Sounds like she might actually know something about this terrorist group we're going to be fighting. We're going to have to dump her off somewhere as well. I don't think having her come with is the wisest idea. What are your thoughts on the matter Lady Brasshoof?"
>>
No. 733622 ID: a075ba

>You threw snowballs at me, dunked me in a snow bank, chased me and my friend through the grocery store
It almost sounds petty when put like that.

>Don't you even fucking dare! Purifying me is a huge mistake! You realize I'm able to summon chimeras and get them on my side?
So... right after we tell Trish we can't trust her she informs us she has a weapon we can't disarm her of, unless we purify her. Very good, Trish. That will surely make us less likely to purify you! Should have lied it would kill you, or that there was a trap or something. Or tried to bargain harder with whatever information she had.

But no, she's been proven to be relentless and merciless in her pursuit of you, and to be a damn nasty person in the process. Even if she's temporarily more mad at whoever betrayed her, that is not a person who should be trusted with the ability to summon dangerous monsters.

>Sounds like she might actually know something about this terrorist group we're going to be fighting. We're going to have to dump her off somewhere as well. I don't think having her come with is the wisest idea. What are your thoughts on the matter Lady Brasshoof?
...I don't suppose any of you have any interrogation magic? A way to just get her to tell us stuff?
>>
No. 733816 ID: 13e5d4

She dunked you in a snow bank, so why don't we dunk her in the lake a couple times to get some answers?
>>
No. 734470 ID: 15a025
File 146795592246.gif - (10.76KB , 800x600 , Whops wheres the glass.gif )
734470

>..I don't suppose any of you have any interrogation magic? A way to just get her to tell us stuff?
"Got any magic interrogation powers?"
"If there were magic powers like that, they'd probably, no, definitely be outlawed."

>She dunked you in a snow bank, so why don't we dunk her in the lake a couple times to get some answers?
I'm not really sure I want to jump right to torturing her. Maybe she'll be really cooperative?
"Then I guess we do things the old fashioned way?"
"Sounds like a plan. Once Buddy finishes purifying her soul and she rests a bit we'll hammer her with the questions."
"What should we do in the meantime?"
"I've got to focus on steering the boat. We're lucky we didn't crash into anything when those chimeras attacked, or while I was uh...resting my eyes a bit. If you're looking for something to do your-self, you could practice using that enchantment I gave you."
"Wouldn't I put even more holes in the ship doing that?"
"Okay...scratch that one off then. Hmm... I've got some old tapes with radio shows on them. You don't seem like you'd enjoy those though."
"I use to love listening to radio shows! What shows do you have tapped?"
"Really? Oh this is going to blast! I haven't listened to these in a few years. Let me go see what one I've got."

I hear Oscar running all over the room opening drawers and cabinets
"I've only got one show, but I've got the entire series for it on tape."
"What show is it?"
"It's the old classic, Frozen Jaw It's about the legendary sailor named in the title. He sailed around all the old kingdoms fighting off all sorts of nasty groups that hid out at sea."
"Sounds entertaining!"
"Here I'll pop the first tape in for you while I clean up this mess."

Before I know it, I'm hooked on the series! When the first tape ends I end up asking Oscar to put in the next tape, and then the next one, and so on until the batteries on the tape player die! Just when we were about to find out who the captain of the phantom ship was too.

"Ah come on, I just stuck new batteries in this thing today! What time is it even? Let's see here... it's only half past seven."
"Half past seven already?"
"Yeah, we should probably turn in for the night. I can barely keep my eyes open here."
"What about interrogating Trish and staying up for Don and Ronda to get back."
"Why don't you go check up on Buddy then?."
"What about you?"
"Even the captain needs a little rest."
>>
No. 734471 ID: 15a025
File 146795597837.png - (123.21KB , 800x600 , secret message.png )
734471

I let out a big yawn and head off to Buddy's room. Before walking in I knock on the door.
"Mind if I come in? It's Rainy."
"Yes! Please stay out where's it safe!"
"Buddy! Are you okay?"
"I'm fine! Just please stay out till I'm done in here! If I goof up a bunch of chimeras could spawn all over the ship!"
"How much longer will that take?"
"A few more hours!"
"Blind bitch I know you're out there! When I get out of this shit you're fucking dead"
"Sorry for being rude here Rainy, but please go away quickly! I'm starting to lose her!"
"Stay safe Buddy!"

I leave the little room hall way by accidently walking outside. Something sounds funny out here though. There's some weird squawky screechy sound hiding behind the roar of the wind and snow. Should I stay out here and try to find what's making that noise or should I just head back in?
>>
No. 734662 ID: a075ba

>>734470
Is he sleeping alone? Did we ever set up watches and shifts so he doesn't get attacked in his sleep? Is there someone watching the wheel while he's sleeping?

>>734471
(I feel like there should be hidden text in the static, but squinting, looking at the screen at an angle, and messing with the contrast and such in an image editor hasn't made anything stand out).

...does Buddy have a guard or anyone with him in case that gets ugly? Well, uglier?

>Should I stay out here and try to find what's making that noise or should I just head back in?
You should probably investigate the suspicious sounds, yes. I wouldn't trust much to be harmless nothing on this trip.
>>
No. 734696 ID: 91ee5f

>>734471
Don and Ronda are coming in for a landing! They're at the top and slightly to the left, you can barely see a green heart (Ronda) and a red heart (Don). Actually, it looks like Ronda is carrying Don! Is he injured?! We should help the when they land!

I think the squawky screechy sound is either Don and/or Ronda making distressed bird noises!
>>
No. 735299 ID: 15a025
File 146829021514.png - (3.21KB , 800x600 , hallway.png )
735299

>Did we ever set up watches and shifts so he doesn't get attacked in his sleep? Is there someone watching the wheel while he's sleeping?
Darn! I forgot to talk about setting those up. Wait...no one else was in the room either!

>...does Buddy have a guard or anyone with him in case that gets ugly? Well, uglier?
I think Oscar sent Sir Kagio with him? Can't remember now.

>Don and Ronda are coming in for a landing! They're at the top and slightly to the left, you can barely see a green heart (Ronda) and a red heart (Don). Actually, it looks like Ronda is carrying Don! Is he injured?! We should help the when they land!
I think that is them!

>I think the squawky screechy sound is either Don and/or Ronda making distressed bird noises
I listen a little more carefully. If they're making distress calls something could be chasing them that's not on the blindar. I feel like I hear something else but I'm not too sure. I stand around a little bit waiting to for them to get closer before rushing down to help them land. Thankfully my new robot hand has a built in flashlight to help them see a little better. After a few more minutes I hear something make a crash landing on the ship behind me.
"Are you two okay?"
"I've got a broken wing, and I just crashed onto a ship face first. What do you think!"
"Don drop the attitude already! Maybe if your big beak would stay shut for a few minutes, your wing would be fine!"
"My beak? You were the one who-"
"Sounds like you two had an eventful night tonight. Why don't we discuss this inside where it's not freezing cold?"
"Sorry Rainy! Thanks for coming out here to see if we were alright. Yeah, let's get inside so I can start fixing up mister crab butt here."
I help Ronda lift up Don and we head inside, rushing to Don's room.

"It's going to be a long night and an early morning now. I've got to fix up Don and poor Buddy now."
"Don't forget to add telling fish breath up there about our little trip as well."
"I don't see why you can't report on that as well. Your legs aren't broken and your mouth sure isn't either."
"Maybe I should go talk to Oscar and let him know you two are back?"
"That'd be... wait a second. What was that creaky noise just now?"
"I heard it as well."
As did I! Something feels weird as well. Kind of like the floor is slowly tilting to the left...
"Is it just me or is the room tilting a little bit?"
"Now that you mention it, yeah. Go check up on Oscar and make sure he's alright."

I walk out of Don's room and hear some more yelling.
"Trish stop trying to resist it! I'm trying to save you!"
"No you're trying to ruin everything I've worked for, asshole!"

Maybe I should go try to help Buddy out...what do you think spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 735690 ID: 7b65b9

If you run in all of a sudden, you might break Buddy's concentration. For now just get to the door, watch them, and be ready to act if things start going South.
>>
No. 735728 ID: 3d2d5f

Maybe ask one of the others if it's necessary for Trish to be conscious for this?

Would be pretty easy to just walk in and knock her out like you did before.
>>
No. 736132 ID: 15a025
File 146865090756.png - (8.50KB , 800x600 , trashed buddys room.png )
736132

>If you run in all of a sudden, you might break Buddy's concentration. For now just get to the door, watch them, and be ready to act if things start going South.
I walk over to Buddy's room and listen at the door.
"How can you accomplish your task when you're turning into the monster you're fighting Trish!"
"By ending this shit before it's too late!"
I hear Trish make some weird demonic screech, followed by the sound of something breaking.
"Hey no need to take it out on the chairs now!"
"Buddy! Are you sure you don't need any help with this?"
"Rainy? I told you to...actually never mind. I might need just a little help in here."

>Maybe ask one of the others if it's necessary for Trish to be conscious for this?
"Does she need to be conscious for the-"
"Nope! Please hurry!"
Without out even thinking I rip the door open with my robot arm. Better add a new door to the things I owe Oscar now...
"Well look who it is! I'm going to make you regret turning my offer down now!"

I hear something get lifted up and use the torn off door as a shield to protect myself from whatever she just threw at me.
"Hey that's no way to be treating my friend!"
"And what in the hell are you going to do abo-Yipe!"
"I hate to ask you to this Rainy, but I've got her in a good hold now. Mind hurrying over here and knocking her out?"

You don't need to ask me twice! I rush over to Buddy and give Trish a good conk in the backside of her head and knock her out.
"Thanks for helping Rainy! I'm a...I'm sorry you had to witness all this. The corrupted are not pretty to deal with."
"It's fine Buddy! Are you okay?"
"My legs still hurt, but they're not as bad as earlier. I hate to kick you out here but I need to concentrate on fixing her up before she wakes up."
"I'm not sure it'd be the best idea to leave you alone Buddy. If you want me to I will though."
"I can handle it!"
"Alright then Buddy! Oh before I leave, Don and Ronda are back! Sounds like they had a big day."

Buddy doesn't respond. He's already chanting some magic purification stuff. I take that as my hint to leave and go check up on Oscar...
>>
No. 736133 ID: 15a025
File 146865097754.gif - (11.89KB , 800x600 , you spin me right round baby right round.gif )
736133

I arrive at Oscar's little station to hear him snoring away and... well that doesn't look good at all.
"Oscar wake up!"
"Huh! Rainy? What's going on? You okay?!"
"Oscar the wheel is spinning out of control!"
"I guess it is."
The Oscar pops up on the blindar and the wheel slowly stops spinning around.

"So what else is going on Lady Rainy?"
"Ronda and Don are back."
"Good! Have everyone come up here so they can report their findings to us then."
"That's going to have to wait a little bit. Buddy's still purifying Trish, and Ronda is fixing up Don's broken wing."
"Well you know what that means then?"
"No, what?"
"Means we get to listen to the adventures of Frozen Jaw some more."
"Woo! Should I go down and tell them all to come up when they're ready?"
"That'd probably help out. You go do that while I look for some more batteries to get the radio going again."

And back down stairs again. I head off to see Don and Ronda first so I don't blow Buddy's focus...
>>
No. 736134 ID: 15a025
File 146865100269.png - (4.34KB , 800x600 , roompq.png )
736134

"Hello?"
"Who's there?"
"It's Rainy."
"Ah come on in then!!"
"How's Don's patch up coming along?"
"All we have to do is wait for the magic to do it's magic! What was going on down by Buddy's room though? Everything alright?"
"Things...got a little out of hand but everything's fine now. Oscar said to come up when you're all ready."
"It'll be a little bit yet but we'll head up soon. Anything else?"
"Not that I can think of."
"See you in a bit then!"

I leave Ronda and Don and head for Buddy's room. I listen at the door carefully and hear pure silence. I probably should just leave them alone and have Oscar send him up later, or at least have a fair excuse for coming in. What are your thoughts spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 736320 ID: 2e2d71

>>736134
...doesn't the radar usually pick up life signs and magic and massive corruption through walls? If you can't see Buddy, or Trish, or what he's doing to her, that's kind of suspicious.
>>
No. 736683 ID: 7b65b9

It seems weird there is no noise at all. I think you should peek in without disturbing Buddy.
>>
No. 736833 ID: 15a025
File 146889473383.png - (9.06KB , 800x600 , even more trashed buddys room.png )
736833

>doesn't the radar usually pick up life signs and magic and massive corruption through walls?
I don't think I've noticed if it has been picking up things through walls or not.

>It seems weird there is no noise at all. I think you should peek in without disturbing Buddy.
I guess a peek wouldn't hurt.
I...wait a second, how is the door back up? Didn't I accidentally rip it off last time I was here? I try to open it but it's locked. Guess I should knock first?
"Buddy? Everything alright in there?"
No reply.
"Buddy! You okay in there?"
Still nothing! I'm starting to get a little worried here. I force my way in using my serious business arm. Once the blindar scans the room, I see only Buddy is in here.
"Buddy are okay? Where'd Trish go?"
I hear a little whimper come from him.
"Buddy, what's wrong? What happened!"
"I'm sorry Rainy."
"What happened?"
"I'm sorry Rainy. I failed. I failed everyone!"
"What happened?"
"I let Trish get away! She snuck away into the cursed realm while I was trying to purify her."
"Are you okay?"
"I'm...I'm fine. I should probably head up to Oscar's room and tell him what happ-"
"Meeoow!"
"Is there no end to these little monster!"

The familiar chimera starts brushing its head up against my leg and yuck! It's all slimy and gooey feeling!
"Don't be fooled by its cute charm Rainy! That thing's a chimera and it's giving me a really weird feeling as well. I'll take care of this little monster!"

Something is different about this chimera. Both in how it's all slimy now and how it's showing up weird on the blindar now. Maybe I should stop Buddy here from killing it? Doesn't seem to be causing any harm What do you think spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 736871 ID: 2e2d71

>I failed everyone
It's not your fault, Buddy. You're overtaxed. We needed you to purify Don, to hold the day in the chimera battle, to search for other chimeras, to purify Trish and hold a hostile prisoner... there's only one of you, and we stretched you too thin.

>Trish escaped
Um. Can we at least hope her corrupted dark magic she wanted so bad is weakened?

>Maybe I should stop Buddy here from killing it? Doesn't seem to be causing any harm What do you think spooky guide spirits?
Ask buddy to hold his fire, please. You don't think this is a normal chimera.

On your soul-sight... there's only a shell of corruption, on the edges. It doesn't go all the way through. There's something white inside.

...I think it's the same one that helped me when I got stuck in the cursed realm.
>>
No. 737194 ID: 15a025
File 146899424272.png - (8.24KB , 800x600 , charger.png )
737194

>Ask buddy to hold his fire, please. You don't think this is a normal chimera.
"Don't shoot just yet, something's different about this chimera!"
"O..okay."

>On your soul-sight... there's only a shell of corruption, on the edges. It doesn't go all the way through. There's something white inside.
That's something new. I'll have ask Nibbles and see if she knows anything about that?
The slimy chimera thing keeps brushing itself on my leg till it just...vanishes?
"No I let it get away too! I'm sorry Rainy!"

>It's not your fault, Buddy. You're overtaxed
"It's not your fault Buddy. We really stretched out thin today. If anything we should all be apologizing to you for over working you."
I feel Buddy give me a nice soft hug.

"Thanks. I promise I'll make this up to you somehow Rainy."
"It's fine! Did you know Don and Ronda are back?"
"Oh boy! I can't wait to hear how their little adventure went."
Buddy lets go of me and dashes out of the room barking with glee. I go to follow him when I hurt my foot stepping on something. I pick it up and find that it's my phone charger! I stick in one of my pockets and follow Buddy to Oscar's room.
>>
No. 737195 ID: 15a025
File 146899433642.png - (6.77KB , 800x600 , howmanytimesamIgoingtoreusethispanel.png )
737195

"What took you so long Rainy! Just when I found some batteries for the radio, everybody started coming up here."
"Still listening to those stupid radio shows?"
"You know I can easily break your wing again."
"And you know if you try I'll be having otter soup tonight. You can't touch the fiery flamingo, fish breath!
"I'm about ready to ground both of you if this silly arguing keeps going on. How about we start talking about what we found instead?"
"Fine."

"Where should I start Oscar? We've got a lot of stuff we could talk about."
"From the basics up. How heavy is this place guarded, what kind of fire power do they have, is this going to be an easy in and out kind of deal?"
"The place swarming with guards. Most didn't seem like they were very well equipped though."
"Most of these morons were running around with knives, daggers, and even steel pipes!"
"The more tougher looking guards though are going to be a problem. There's a good few with some scary looking guns and what seemed like the ability to control chimeras!"
I don't like the sounds of that..."

"What about the layout? How many floors are there? Any important rooms in there we should know about?"
"It's actually a big stuffy office kind of building. Disregard the crap we've heard about this place. It's bigger than just ten floors. It's actually thirty floors tall, plus however deep the basement goes down. Speaking of, it's the only other place of note. We heard they're keeping a few people locked up down there."

"How are we all going to get in there though?"
"And here comes the tricky part. Don and I almost couldn't even find a way for ourselves in. We got lucky and saw some dummy left a window on the eighteenth floor open."
"Well that's great. Wait, Ronda. Can you use any of your enchantments to make us a door in the wall?"
"Didn't even think of that actually...I suppose it's worth a shot. What other questions do you have?"
"Well other than our glaring problem with getting in, I can't think of much. Rainy, Buddy, do you have any questions?"
"Can't think of any.

"How about you Rainy? Floor is all yours."
Got any questions I should ask, spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 737850 ID: 7b65b9

Did you see anyone with any kinds of enchantments, or magic other than controlling chimeras?
>>
No. 737982 ID: 15a025
File 146924974571.png - (7.55KB , 800x600 , thread end.png )
737982

>Did you see anyone with any kinds of enchantments, or magic other than controlling chimeras?
"Did anybody there have enchantments, or magic other than controlling chimeras?"
"I saw a lot of the more well equipped guards with enchantment stones, but I don't what kind of magic it would have been. Anything else?"
"That's all I got for you Ronda."
"If there's no other questions, then I believe you should all turn in for the night. We should arrive at the docks around five in the morning tomorrow so rest up. I'll go over preparations plans in the morning once everyone's up."

I head back down with Buddy and we climb into bed for the night.
"You won't have to worry about any nasty nightmares tonight Rainy! My magic does a great job of keeping those away."
"Oh before we go to bed could you do me a quick favor? I need to charge up my phone, mind plugging it in for me?"
"Sure thing!"
"Thanks Buddy!"
"Anything for my new pal!"
After I get settled into the cozy bed I quickly drift off into slumber.

Goodnight Spooky Guide Spirits!
>>
No. 737993 ID: 91ee5f

>>737982
WAIT!!!!! Don't fall asleep yet! You need to plug in your arm too! Can't go into battle without a fully charged arm!
>>
No. 737998 ID: 15a025
File 146925351792.png - (9.05KB , 800x600 , dead battery.png )
737998

>WAIT!!!!! Don't fall asleep yet! You need to plug in your arm too! Can't go into battle without a fully charged arm!
My I jump wide awake upon this realization!
"Buddy can you help me out with something else real quick?"
"Huh? Uh sure what do you need?"
"I need you to open up my suitcase and pull out the charger for my arm and plug me in as well."
"Sure thing! Can't have you fighting tomorrow with a dead arm!"
"Thanks Buddy, goodnight!"
"Goodnight Rainy!


To be continued, for realsies this time!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password