[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 722585)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146300503789.png - (102.27KB , 1000x1000 , 1.png )
722585 No. 722585 ID: fba208

Big day today. Your favorite webcomic is updating. Your friends will be coming over to play some games.

Oh, and you're going to embark on a quest spanning over six different worlds.

No big deal.
Expand all images
>>
No. 722586 ID: 5ad4a7

Who is "you", though?
>>
No. 722587 ID: 595d54

Have fun. Bye.
>>
No. 722589 ID: 15a025

Tell us a bit more about these "six worlds" you're going to quest through.
>>
No. 722595 ID: fba208
File 146300752990.png - (58.25KB , 1000x1000 , 2.png )
722595

>>722585

PLAYER 1
>>
No. 722596 ID: fba208
File 146300768896.png - (30.61KB , 1000x1000 , 3.png )
722596

>>722595

ENTER NAME

[_]
>>
No. 722597 ID: eb820b

Bozo
>>
No. 722598 ID: fba208

>>722597

Gonna need a last name there.
>>
No. 722599 ID: 15a025

Ann Pepper.
>>
No. 722600 ID: 35151f

Feraligatr Pornhub
>>
No. 722602 ID: 0eaeaf

Jaja Deathleaper
>>
No. 722603 ID: eb820b

>>722598
Bozo Baggatelli
>>
No. 722620 ID: b4d131

Brunhilda Buckwheat
>>
No. 722621 ID: fba208
File 146301246672.png - (53.90KB , 1000x1000 , 4.png )
722621

>>722596
>>722603

BOZO BAGGATELLI...
FAR TOO SILLY

>>722600

FERALIGATOR PORNHUB...
FAR TOO LONG, CONTAINS TRADEMARKED TITLES, AND COMPLETELY NONSENSICAL

>>722602

JAJA DEATHLEAPER...
BETTER THAN THE LAST, BUT STILL A DECENT LENGTH FROM ACCEPTABLE

>>722599

ANN PEPPER...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_Ann

...
>>
No. 722622 ID: fba208
File 146301277153.png - (44.84KB , 1000x1000 , 5.png )
722622

NAME APPROVED

RETURNING TO ADVENTURE
>>
No. 722635 ID: cab7d6

Set grenade tripwires by the front door. Save webcomic archive to thumb drive and release the virus that deletes the Internet. Leave a letter for your dog before you depart from this world.
>>
No. 722639 ID: fba208
File 146301812447.png - (135.32KB , 1000x1000 , 6.png )
722639

>>722622

>>722586
>Who is "you", though?

Whoa, where'd that voice come from? Is this one of my powers? The ability to communicate with spirits? Cool. Pretty weird that it hasn't come up until just now, but cool.

If you're asking my name, it's Ann Pepper. If you're asking for a description of myself, then I'm not quite sure what to say.

As of last week, I'm a sixteen year old woman. I like books, mainly detective novels and fantasy. I love video games. I have a PC, a Gem, and a Crystal3D. I mostly use my computer for gaming; but my Gem is great for playing with friends, and my Crystal3D can go out with me. What else should I say...

I want to be a detective when I grow up. I know that it's not as interesting as the stories I read make it out to be, but the idea still seems alluring. Snooping around, finding clues, putting evidence together to solve complicated puzzles... It's really neat!

>>722589
>Tell us a bit more about these "six worlds" you're going to quest through.

You've never heard of the 'Six Tiers'? What kind of spirits are you?
>>
No. 722645 ID: 094652

Internet Nerd spirits. Look, just run with it; you'll have entire libraries of internet memes and website recall even in areas where technology is regulated. We run on a first-come first-serve mercenary basis, so you can trust us to a limited extent.

And no, we've never heard of the "six tiers" in our world minus the internet, or applied magic gems, or even applied magic for that matter! We're not even sure how this connection even works and you're talking about spirits like they're a normal thing! Seriously what alternate dimension do you live in?!

But seriously, I think we've established that you are not on our Earth. Now, what are you doing and why is it so important?
>>
No. 722647 ID: 8013df

>>722639
Hi gal, I'm Kome "Cryptix" Asidi, but most call me Mr.C. And to answer your question, we're spirits from another world entirely, called "Terra." So if you don't mind, would you mind explaining to us?

And a little disclaimer: sometimes Other Kome can get a little...out of the loop. Please don't take it against him, he's like that sometimes. He can be very wise though!
>>
No. 722650 ID: 8013df

To the OP: I would highly recommend creating a disthread. Without it the thread will get real crowded real fast.
>>
No. 722652 ID: 99d7d8

Don't worry what we are, there are better things to worry about. For example, do you have enough snacks for when your friends come over? Snacks are very important.
>>
No. 722653 ID: 5ad4a7

What games are you going to play?
>>
No. 722655 ID: a075ba

>You've never heard of the 'Six Tiers'? What kind of spirits are you?
It's called the Socratic method. We just want to know what you know. Indulge us and answer the question?
>>
No. 722704 ID: 3bd427

>>722639
We are special helper spirits! We don't know about tiers. We don't know what spirits are. We don't know anything!
>>
No. 722725 ID: fba208
File 146307784639.png - (96.47KB , 1000x1000 , 7.png )
722725

>>722639

>>722645
>Internet Nerd spirits. Look, just run with it; you'll have entire libraries of internet memes and website recall even in areas where technology is regulated. We run on a first-come first-serve mercenary basis, so you can trust us to a limited extent. And no, we've never heard of the "six tiers" in our world minus the internet, or applied magic gems, or even applied magic for that matter! We're not even sure how this connection even works and you're talking about spirits like they're a normal thing! Seriously what alternate dimension do you live in?! But seriously, I think we've established that you are not on our Earth. Now, what are you doing and why is it so important?

Okay, so you're not spirits. You're just internet people from another dimension. Fine, I'll roll with it for now. For the record, spirits are in no way a normal thing around here. Most people that I know would consider hearing random voices with no clear origin quite peculiar. I just happen to be taking it in stride.

>>722655
>It's called the Socratic method. We just want to know what you know. Indulge us and answer the question?

I know all about the Socratic method. I learned about Socrates in school. Interesting guy. I'm much more fond of Chinese philosophers though. Sun Tzu has said some brilliant things. "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." Actually, I should probably look into some of his quotes, seeing as I'll be getting into fights.

>>722704
>We are special helper spirits! We don't know about tiers. We don't know what spirits are. We don't know anything!

Jeez, how many different people are in there? I've heard at least five different voices. Whatever, that's not what I should be focusing on. You all seem to be interested in the six tiers...

>>722635
>Set grenade tripwires by the front door. Save webcomic archive to thumb drive and release the virus that deletes the Internet. Leave a letter for your dog before you depart from this world.

With exception to this guy, who seems much more interested in anarchy. Alright, let me just pull up some visual references on my PC.
>>
No. 722728 ID: fba208
File 146307931462.png - (109.67KB , 1000x1000 , 8.png )
722728

>>722725


I'm not that great an artist, and I'm sure that it shows. This is my planet, Earth. Home to humanity, plants, water, animals, etc. A lot of the other nearby planets don't have all this cool stuff. That's why we're special. The 'Six Tiers', are habitable worlds in an unknown location somewhere in the cosmos.

Earth is the first tier. To get to the second tier, we travel through...
>>
No. 722729 ID: fba208
File 146307960203.png - (191.58KB , 1000x1000 , 9.png )
722729

>>722728

..A cosmic gate! They don't look like this shitty ass generic gate though. They look super cool from what I've heard. These things act as a doorway between two tiers. However, they only go one way; so if you go from tier one to tier two, you can't return through this gate. From what I've heard, there are gates that can take you down a tier; but I haven't met anyone who's been to tier two and back, so I can't validate that.
>>
No. 722730 ID: fba208
File 146307983447.png - (45.41KB , 1000x1000 , 10.png )
722730

Shit, I was trying to draw six gates, but I ran out of room. Forget it, it doesn't matter. This is stupid. So you can only go up a tier, not down. Probably.

The question that I assume you'll be asking next is, "Why are you going to climb these tiers?" That's a great question, and the answer is very simple.

We're all gonna die if we don't.
>>
No. 722731 ID: fba208
File 146308079967.png - (138.18KB , 1000x1000 , 11.png )
722731

>>722730

Honestly, I'm kind of happy with this one. The boobs are a mess, but it's not too bad.

Alright, so this is a witch. I don't know her name. A while back, there was this one guy who could see the future. His predictions were always accurate, and he used his powers to help prevent accidents. On the day that he died, he looked far into the future. He saw the something nasty. He saw the end of mankind. He wrote everything he saw in a journal, and then passed away. His journal detailed how humans would be wiped out. It caused panic, but most people were calmed by the revelation that his divination wouldn't take place until years later.

Six years later, the cosmic gate opened.

People freaked out, mass hysteria, yadda yadda yadda. The important thing is that, the journals told about this. Because of that prophecy, we knew that they were gates. We knew that there were six of them. And we knew that we could try to go through them and stop the witch. In the seer guy's original writings, we played safe with the gate for too long. By the time we realized we sent anything through it, we'd run out of time. When the gate appeared in real time, people went through to try and stop the witch. So far, nobody has returned.
>>
No. 722733 ID: 1e3ab1

So why is it that you aren't going to die when you try like everyone else?
>>
No. 722734 ID: 094652

I take it they sent an army in already.

Any nukes?
>>
No. 722735 ID: fba208
File 146308110634.png - (101.94KB , 1000x1000 , 12.png )
722735

>>722731

Oh look, the generic gate is back. And it brought its friend too.

So that's our situation. Somebody needs to climb all six tiers, probably battle some dangerous foes protecting the gates, and defeat the witch. And I plan on being the one to do it. Not alone of course, that would just be silly. My friends agreed to come along. The three of us shall save humanity.

Yeah, we're not sure how we're gonna do it either; but we'll figure out something.
>>
No. 722736 ID: fba208
File 146308177460.png - (43.66KB , 1000x1000 , 13.png )
722736

>>722735

>>722734
>I take it they sent an army in already. Any nukes?

You'd think that sending in an army to fight for the Earth would be the first thing we try. Sadly...

Politics.

As for the nukes...
>>
No. 722738 ID: fba208
File 146308199567.png - (58.65KB , 1000x1000 , 14.png )
722738

>>722736

I think you might've missed the part about there being six gates. If we fired a nuke through the one on Earth, it would just come out gate number two. To our knowledge, it's just the witch that we need to look out for. Not the people in tier two.

Plus, people from our planet have gone through gate one, and we don't know how many of them are still on the second tier. Most people voted against nuking our fellow Earthlings.
>>
No. 722739 ID: 094652

So do your friends have any special skills or research equipment? Because alien planets will likely require INTENSE experimentation before you can take two steps in.
>>
No. 722740 ID: fba208
File 146308405987.png - (89.50KB , 1000x1000 , 15.png )
722740

>>722738


>>722733
>So why is it that you aren't going to die when you try like everyone else?

Look, I'll be honest with you. I can't say that this is a good idea. People way stronger than I have already gone through that gate. I'm not sure what all I can bring to the fight.

What I AM sure of is that if the witch isn't defeated, we're all dead. So even if I can't be the person to beat her, maybe I can help out somehow? It's not the best plan, but we're running out of time. I'll do whatever I can to help.
>>
No. 722741 ID: fba208

(Gonna take a quick break. Be back sooner or later.)
>>
No. 722748 ID: a075ba

>>722740
When you're facing certain death, uncertain action is the smart choice. The only choice, really.

You keep putting this in terms of a fight- like, actual physical battle. What do you bring in those terms? You have any kind of training, experience with a weapon, a special power or ability?
>>
No. 722750 ID: 15a025

Can you fight with magic?
>>
No. 722763 ID: 0eaeaf

Alright, so what do you have at your disposal? Weapons, abilities, magic?
>>
No. 722770 ID: 0d6c82

So how do humans get wiped out in the "do nothing about the gate" scenario, and what does this witch have to do with it? I ask because if you are going to fight the witch you should be prepared to deal with her having similar powers in the fight.
>>
No. 722836 ID: fba208
File 146309994423.png - (124.21KB , 1000x1000 , 16.png )
722836

>>722740

>>722748
>When you're facing certain death, uncertain action is the smart choice. The only choice, really. You keep putting this in terms of a fight- like, actual physical battle. What do you bring in those terms? You have any kind of training, experience with a weapon, a special power or ability?

In terms of power, I'm about average; but I have pretty good stamina. I don't have any sort of weapon, but my friend is going to bring me something tonight. He just finished it apparently. I'm not sure what to expect, but he's not the kind of friend to let me down. I don't have any great magical abilities. I think one of you said that your world doesn't have magic. Mine does. Not in a DnD, go learn some spells from whatever school, sort of way.

Everyone has something that they can do. That guy I told you about earlier had seer abilities. My dad has the ability to see through lies. One of my friends has the ability to conjure and manipulate flames. I on the other hand...
>>
No. 722840 ID: 15a025

Can conjure up a mean ghost pepper.
>>
No. 722841 ID: 47160d

Always win in the worst way possible
>>
No. 722845 ID: 5ad4a7

The ability to summon and control ghosts!
>>
No. 722849 ID: 0d6c82

Cannot be seen by people/things you cannot see, heard by people/things you cannot hear or smelled by people/things you cannot smell.
>>
No. 722850 ID: a075ba

>>722841
Jinxed / cursed good luck does sound pretty tempting.

>>722845
But so does doing ghost stuff.
>>
No. 722852 ID: 06b6c5

Can turn invisible, along with anything directly touching part of your body! But because your eyes stop interacting with light, it also makes you blind so long as it's active!
>>
No. 722853 ID: fba208
File 146310425117.gif - (594.66KB , 620x620 , 17.gif )
722853

>>722836

I get a book.
>>
No. 722854 ID: 430103

Hrrrm...*thinks* Ah.
Magic super speed, in essence?
>>
No. 722855 ID: 47160d

...So do you know a way to transfer us to a host with any possibility of succeeding?
>>
No. 722856 ID: a075ba

>>722853
So you can conjure that specific book?

What's in it?
>>
No. 722858 ID: 0d6c82

Like, summoning one specific book, summoning any book, or creating books?
If its that specific one, does it contain anything particularly neat like stored spells, the true names of demons or Secrets Mortals Were Not Meant To Know?
>>
No. 722860 ID: fba208

(That's all for tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.)
>>
No. 722871 ID: 5ad4a7

>>722853
What's in the book? Is it a book of FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE?
>>
No. 722891 ID: 094652

Cute. Can you write in it? Is there a USB port?
>>
No. 722892 ID: 430103

magic booook...Okay. Gotta ask-can you do anything clever with the summoning of that book or is it special via it's contents as it's a spell book or something?
>>
No. 722931 ID: 3641d4

Anything special about the book?
>>
No. 722938 ID: cd90cb

Eat the book.
>>
No. 722939 ID: fba208
File 146316184443.png - (101.25KB , 1000x1000 , 18.png )
722939

>>722853

>>722856
>So you can conjure that specific book? What's in it?

Nothing.

>>722858
>Like, summoning one specific book, summoning any book, or creating books?
If its that specific one, does it contain anything particularly neat like stored spells, the true names of demons or Secrets Mortals Were Not Meant To Know?

This is the only book I can summon; and it's a book filled to the brim with nothing.
>>
No. 722940 ID: 094652

Ouch.

Well, whatever. Powers or not, you're going to an alien planet. Pack accordingly.

Do you have a hazmat suit?
>>
No. 722941 ID: 06b6c5

Hmm. Can you write in it, leave it somewhere, and then summon it with the writing still inside? You could use it as a... really inefficient method of passing messages.

Or, what about if you attach something to the book somehow? Like, press a flower between the pages, or leave a paperclip fastened on it, or tie something to it with duct tape? Will any of those things come along with it?
>>
No. 722942 ID: 5ad4a7

>>722939
You know what'd be really cool? If the pages started filling out when you entered the next world.

Have you tried asking the book questions? Or writing in it?
>>
No. 722943 ID: 5fa8b4

>>722939
Can you store things in it? Do its contents persist across summoning? Can you also banish it? Can you summon more than one? Does it have all the properties (weight, density, flammability) one expects a book to have?
>>
No. 722945 ID: 066a87

>>722939
Hollow out the pages in the book so you can put your weed in there.
>>
No. 722955 ID: 79a07e

>>722939
A book with nothing in it? You best believe we're gonna try to figure this out.
>>
No. 722956 ID: 79a07e

>>722939
I second the idea of writing an action or name or something in the book. If you could use this to dictate variable actions or otherwise defy/warp reality on a local level, that'd be awesome. Or even just affect other people or objects.
>>
No. 722963 ID: a075ba

>>722939
Have you ever written anything in the book, and tested if the writing persists when you desummon and resummon it? A magic notebook you can't be separated from, and that no one can ever steal or read without your cooperation, isn't the strongest power, but it certainly does have it's applications.

If you damage the book (tear a small corner off one page) and desummon and resummon it, does the damage persist, or is the book refreshed?

If you can't make permanent writing in the book, I would hypothesize it's supposed to fill itself when certain conditions are met. Something like a spell book, or a pokedex. But you haven't encountered a condition that makes anything appear, yet.

If your power is really "summon a blank book", well, uh, there are still applications. As much paper as you ever need (bring a pen, and take up origami). Free firewood. (Well, those two only apply if the book is renewable). A blunt object that serves as a poor weapon.

If you can summon more than one of the book at once, it could be used for construction. Walls, or to assemble book-staircases.
>>
No. 723000 ID: fba208
File 146318676694.png - (113.45KB , 1000x1000 , 19.png )
723000

>>722939

>>722955
>A book with nothing in it? You best believe we're gonna try to figure this out.

I slightly regret showing you this. I sense an incoming headache. It would be cool if you figured out what this book did though.

>>722942
>You know what'd be really cool? If the pages started filling out when you entered the next world. Have you tried asking the book questions? Or writing in it?

I have attempted to communicate with this book. Results indicate that this book is in no way living. It also made me look silly, so I'm not doing it again.

As for writing in this book, I've noticed a few things. Pencils, pens, markers, crayon, and all other tools I've gotten my hands on have left no markings on this book's pages. The only thing that can write in it is this red pen that comes with it. Even then, nothing seems to last. After about a minute whatever I write disappears. I don't know if it's supposed to be temporary, or if it's looking for something specific to be written. So far, I'm left with blank pages.

>>722943
>Can you store things in it? Do its contents persist across summoning? Can you also banish it? Can you summon more than one? Does it have all the properties (weight, density, flammability) one expects a book to have?

It has almost all of the properties of a book, save words. The only quirk that I've noticed is that it can't be damaged. I've tried burning it, cutting it, and drowning it. Nothing seems to leave any impact.

I do have the ability to banish it. I'm not sure where it goes when I do. For all I know, it ends up in your plane of existence. I can only have one of these out at a time. If I try to summon another, the book that was already out will vanish. I'm assuming that I get the same book, but I can't be sure. Finally, storing things won't work well. If I put something in it, it won't appear with the book. The object would just remain wherever it was.

This book is pretty useless, but not completely. I could probably use it as a shield, since it's indestructible. Anyways, I should probably focus on preparing for my friends' arrival.
>>
No. 723002 ID: a075ba

>The only thing that can write in it is this red pen that comes with it. Even then, nothing seems to last. After about a minute whatever I write disappears. I don't know if it's supposed to be temporary, or if it's looking for something specific to be written.
If we assume it can only accept specific writing, then it's a simple matter to brute force the hidden message:

Record letter "A". Wait to see if it vanishes. Record letter "B". Repeat down the alphabet until a character doesn't vanish. Move onto the second letter and repeat, slowly spelling out what it lets you.
>>
No. 723007 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723002
Yeah, maybe. If it requires a specific message to activate whatever it does, it could also require the entire message to be written out before it vanishes. So, an incomplete (like a single letter) message would disappear, even though the first bits of it are correct.

However, I have a different theory.

>>723000
What have you tried writing in it? Facts, requests, descriptions? What about drawings? It's possible that the book brings things to life if described/depicted accurately enough, or it could be the book acts like a journal and records only true facts, which means you can use it as a fact-checker. Or it could be that it answers specific questions. Have you tried writing in questions about the next tier? Or maybe it's a Death Note and writing someone's name in it kills them!

Or maybe the red pen is only there to draw temporary diagrams on top of whatever is going to appear on the pages later?
>>
No. 723008 ID: 595d54

>>723002
Assumptions in that:
1. It accepts partial answers.
2. It is short enough that brute-forcing can be done in a reasonable timeframe.
3. It is restricted to the characters of the Latin alphabet.

Overall, not a very good solution, and I suspect one that she's already tried.
>>
No. 723010 ID: a075ba

>>723008
Technically, as I was proposing an experiment, 1 and 3 aren't assumptions. They're hypotheses to be partially tested.

If either is false, it'll fail, and further testing will be required. Restricting the character set to the latin alphabet is a reasonable constraint in order to test 1 in a reasonable time-frame (only about half an hour, since a character disappears at a rate of 1 per minute). Expanding to ASCII or unicode greatly increases the initial test time.

>2
And no, that's not assumed at all. It's a goddamn book. If it can be brute forced, it'll be eating up her free time for ages, at a rate of half an hour or less per character. (Although if the process works, you can go a little faster than pure brute force by picking likely characters based on usage rates, or guessing words).
>>
No. 723011 ID: 79a07e

>>723000
Well, you can take these suggestions as things to do when there's downtime. If you have to prepare, then I'd suggest starting with an appropriate set of clothes to change into, and a decent amount of food to last you in case you get hungry.
>>
No. 723012 ID: 79a07e

>>723000
Yeah, sorry if we're annoying you. Just, you're a fellow nerd. You know as well as we do, likely, that there's people (fantasy, but still) with book related powers that are REALLY BADASS.

It would be amazing if you had something like Heaven's Door and could affect stuff by writing out actions as if you're writing a story. (If you haven't done that, then hey, try it!)

Either way, you should probably take some time to ignore us and prep vital stuff.
>>
No. 723013 ID: b17b81

>>723011
And a bag, some rope, some water (I assume it will take a bit to go through 5 new worlds), a first aid kit, a compass for shits and giggles, and some personal trinket to remind you what you are fighting for when times get rough.
>>
No. 723015 ID: fba208
File 146319195662.png - (110.89KB , 1000x1000 , 20.png )
723015

>>723000

>>723002
>If we assume it can only accept specific writing, then it's a simple matter to brute force the hidden message: Record letter "A". Wait to see if it vanishes. Record letter "B". Repeat down the alphabet until a character doesn't vanish. Move onto the second letter and repeat, slowly spelling out what it lets you.

I AM NOT GOING TO BRUTE FORCE MY WAY THROUGH EVERY COMBINATION OF LETTERS! THAT WOULD TAKE AN ETERNITY!
>>
No. 723019 ID: a075ba

>>723015
Well, if we assume the book is around 250 pages, that would be about half a million characters, at about half an hour each... comes to 29 years. Assuming we're limited to the latin alphabet.

Significantly less than eternity, but yeah, not exactly feasible.
>>
No. 723027 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723015
Write in "butts".
>>
No. 723029 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait what if it's like a computer and you need to log in first?
>>
No. 723032 ID: 094652

>>723015
HEY.

First off, we're trying to solve a puzzle. Please don't overreact.

Second, you said that the prophet wrote everything down in a book. Why not the internet? Why didn't he videotape his last prophecy to increase his credibility? If there's a reason why he used a book then damn well we're going to work on cracking yours!

Third, he didn't say "try everything ever", he said to try one letter at a time and see if anything reacts. You said it takes about a minute for the ink to fade, so 26 letters means 26 minutes, and even with the entire ASCII that's still just 2 hours and 8 minutes. If it doesn't work then whatever, and if it does work then you can work on this during the second tier.

My guess is that it uses characters that aren't recorded in human history, or you're supposed to annotate what appears when you reach new areas. In any case, can you at least try stuff? You don't have to go all-out on any suggestion.
>>
No. 723036 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh wait if it's like a computer write in "help"!
>>
No. 723075 ID: 81d322

>>723032
Plus, if brute-forcing it isn't going to work, we'll know when every letter disappears. And if it does work, you'd think you'd want to know, since like, this is your one and only magic skill.
>>
No. 723094 ID: 67d5dc

You know, if nothing else your book is an unbreakable object.
Might make a half decent chest plate if you can keep it out all the time.
>>
No. 723139 ID: 066a87

>>723000
So you can't keep your weed in it.

Where do you keep your weed?
>>
No. 723142 ID: 430103

Okay new thought-
Wanna know what it might be good for?
Encoded messages, in a sense.
Take paper out of...actually can you do that?
Well, either way words written into the book vanish, so you might be able to use it to send a message before the words vanish...
Or possibly, if you can remotely summon the book back to yourself, you can entrust it with someone else about to go spying and they can use it as a way to get the information out to you.
>>
No. 723159 ID: fba208
File 146324461044.png - (77.92KB , 1000x1000 , 21.png )
723159

>>723015

Alright, so a lot of you have suggestions for things to try with this book. For now though, I'm not going to focus on this. I plan on testing out some ideas with my friends later. Until then, I need to get prepared for their arrival.

Also, I should go have some lunch. I'm starving.
>>
No. 723160 ID: a9d982

Eat the book
>>
No. 723170 ID: 15a025

>>723160
That is a tasty looking book. Probably high in fiber as well.
>>
No. 723205 ID: fba208
File 146325781897.png - (79.27KB , 1000x1000 , 22.png )
723205

>>723159
>>
No. 723213 ID: 93244f

>>723170
But it's also indestructible, rendering it impossible to eat.
>>
No. 723216 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723213
Such a shame. It probably tastes like blueberries, too.
>>
No. 723239 ID: 5ad4a7

...wait no that color's more like a grape.
>>
No. 723242 ID: 430103

*sighes* Right, on to lunch, and then meeting with your pals...What magical abilities do they have? More conventional powers or are they all...Ah, the kind of things that require patience to figure out.
>>
No. 723266 ID: fba208
File 146327035503.png - (58.96KB , 1000x1000 , 23.png )
723266

>>723205

Dangit! Why is this hallway light always off? It makes everything unnecessarily dramatic.
>>
No. 723267 ID: 094652

You're going on a long trip. Use up most of your groceries for lunch and pack up the rest.
>>
No. 723446 ID: fba208

(Hey guys! No update today. I'm going to use Sundays to work on other personal projects. Updates shall continue tomorrow if all goes as planned.)
>>
No. 723772 ID: fba208
File 146343062061.gif - (221.75KB , 800x800 , 24.gif )
723772

>>723266
(I tried an animation thing. It's a bit off. Oh well.)

>>723160
>Eat the book.

>>723170
>That is a tasty looking book. Probably high in fiber as well.

...No.

>>723242
>*sighes* Right, on to lunch, and then meeting with your pals...What magical abilities do they have? More conventional powers or are they all...Ah, the kind of things that require patience to figure out.

See, this guy gets it. I don't feel like standing around and telling my whole life story. You can pick things up as things happen.

As I said earlier, one of my friends has the power to make and manipulate fire. She's pretty good at it. [PLAYER_2_NAME: NOT FOUND] is one of my closest friends. She's tougher than anyone else I've met. One time, when we were freshmen, two junior girls started hassling me. Three minutes later, I'm trying my best to pull my pal off of them; as I genuinely feared for their lives. She can go a bit overboard at times, but she'd never let anyone give me, and especially not [PLAYER_3_NAME: NOT FOUND], trouble.

Speaking of him, he's my other closest friend. He's very quiet. If I spent an hour with him, I'd expect to hear around three sentences. I don't know if he's shy, or if he just doesn't have much to say. He studies at home, so I don't see him during school hours. The only reason I get to see him so much, is that he lives with [ERROR]. They aren't siblings, and they aren't dating. They have a weird situation going on that they've never completely explained. I don't ask about it much. I can tell that it makes them uncomfortable.

I don't actually know what his power is. I've asked him before, but he won't say. I think he's scared of something. I'll ask him about it later, 'cuz it's starting to worry me.

>>723267
>You're going on a long trip. Use up most of your groceries for lunch and pack up the rest.

I'm going to make myself a sandwich; and then I'll pack up some grub.
>>
No. 723778 ID: 094652

TWO HOURS LATER
>>
No. 723784 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723772
Maybe his power is related to his relationship with [ERROR]. Who is [ERROR], anyway?
>>
No. 723785 ID: d14190

Hmm, maybe we can connect to [ERROR] while Ann makes her sandwich. [ERROR] seems interesting, okay hold on.
[ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO (PLAYER_NAME)]
>>
No. 723809 ID: fba208
File 146344389440.png - (31.25KB , 1000x1000 , 25.png )
723809

>>723772

>>723785
>Hmm, maybe we can connect to [ERROR] while Ann makes her sandwich. [ERROR] seems interesting, okay hold on.
[ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO (PLAYER_NAME)]


PLAYER 2 FOUND, SWITCHING PERSPECTIVE
TIME TAKEN: 453 SECONDS
>>
No. 723810 ID: fba208
File 146344410903.png - (32.69KB , 1000x1000 , 25.png )
723810

(Fuck, I forgot to add a sleep command to that script. Here's the corrected image.)
>>
No. 723821 ID: 094652

You didn't define X. Can you call a Scan function that returns X as a coordinate from the scanner and then return the square root of the sum of the coordinates squared?
>>
No. 723832 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723810
You also assigned active_player to player_1's value before defining player_1 or giving it a value. You never give player_1 or player_2 a value, either.
>>
No. 723836 ID: 8013df

Can we please stop correcting the quest author and move on with the quest?!
>>
No. 723837 ID: 595d54

Meta whining is even less productive. If you want the quest to move on, actually suggest something.

Yo. What's up, and who are you?
>>
No. 723840 ID: fba208
File 146344918346.png - (30.85KB , 500x500 , Whoopsie.png )
723840

(For the sake of this quest, I'll have to ask you all to accept the fact that I know half of what I'm trying to do with the coding. Enough to make it seem legitimate to a non-coder; but not enough to fool other programmers. I do appreciate the critique though. If you could show me a more accurate way to display what I attempted in my previous post, then I will gladly redo it. After finishing the next post of course.)

(Thank you for following this story so far.)
>>
No. 723844 ID: d14190

If we have to give this player a name, let's know your gender, is player 2 male or female?
>>
No. 723852 ID: fba208

>>723844
>If we have to give this player a name, let's know your gender, is player 2 male or female?

(Player 2 is female, and Player 3 is male. I'd better get some good names this time. We're stuck with Ann Pepper. I don't need Morgendorffer Daria and Funnie Doug waltzing in right after that.)

(Honestly, I like Ann Pepper. It's dumb just how blatant a rip-off the name is, but I find it funny. Still, I'd prefer more creativity for these two.)
>>
No. 723855 ID: d14190
723855

>>723852
Sophie Quinn
>>
No. 723865 ID: 8013df

>>723852
But I like Jaja Deathleaper D:
Gina Cortez.
>>
No. 723866 ID: 79a07e

>>723865
Second Gina Cortez.
>>
No. 723868 ID: fba208
File 146345311121.png - (148.92KB , 1000x1000 , 26.png )
723868

>>723809

PLAYER'S 2 AND 3 LOCATED.

ANCHORING SPECTATORS TO PLAYER 2...

...

LOADING PLAYER SELECT SCREEN...

...
>>
No. 723869 ID: a075ba

>>723868
Hello, monkey girl and zombie man!
>>
No. 723871 ID: 430103

guy names right?
Hrrrm...
Adam Syrus?
Winston Brown?
Patrick Dunham?
enough spitballing, let's goo uhh...
zombie man with cancer crab shirt.
>>
No. 723872 ID: d14190

Sophie Quinn and Logan Pierce
>>
No. 723876 ID: fba208

(Alright, that's all for today. Come up with your best names, or cast votes for ones others have come up with. If I see that a name receives a lot of praise, I'll probably select it. Unless it's something like butt munchems or something. I hope you all have a good night, or morning depending on where you are.)
>>
No. 723877 ID: fba208

>>723876

(I might also just take all of them and run them through a randomizer actually.)

(Yeah, that's what I'll do.)
>>
No. 723882 ID: 8013df

As for the guy...
Hmm.
How about Logan Faust?
>>
No. 723953 ID: fba208
File 146351326164.png - (87.74KB , 1000x1000 , 27.png )
723953

>>723868

PLAYERS 2 AND 3
>>
No. 723954 ID: 094652

Player 2
>>
No. 723955 ID: 0eaeaf

>>723953
Player 3
I want to play as a boy for once ;_;
>>
No. 723956 ID: b4c73a

>>723955
play as the gothy lookin boy
bettin' he's really into nightmare before christmas, just lookit him
>>
No. 723958 ID: fba208
File 146351590618.png - (30.61KB , 1000x1000 , 3.png )
723958

ENTER NAME FOR PLAYER 2

[_]
>>
No. 723960 ID: 094652

Rhianna Pesto
>>
No. 723961 ID: 35151f

>>723958
Jimmy "bones" Johnson
>>
No. 723963 ID: fba208
File 146351998879.png - (54.29KB , 1000x1000 , 28.png )
723963

>>723958

GINA CORTEZ

NAME APPROVED
>>
No. 723964 ID: fba208
File 146352010281.png - (30.61KB , 1000x1000 , 3.png )
723964

>>723963

ENTER NAME FOR PLAYER 3

[_]
>>
No. 723965 ID: 430103

Daryll Johnson
Last name I'll throw out there.
>>
No. 723967 ID: 0eaeaf

>>723964
Logan Pierce-Faust
If that's too long, Logan Pierce.
>>
No. 723969 ID: 98ff64

maurice boreal
>>
No. 723970 ID: 35151f

>>723964
Jimmy "bones" Johnson, meant to suggest that for p3 anyhow
>>
No. 723971 ID: fba208
File 146352212554.png - (53.24KB , 1000x1000 , 29.png )
723971

>>723964

LOGAN FAUST

NAME APPROVED

RETURNING TO ADVENTURE
>>
No. 723972 ID: fba208

(Feel free to start asking questions to these two.)
>>
No. 723983 ID: 094652

Salutations! Pepper's ready to go, get going!

... Do you remember what she was going to do?
>>
No. 723991 ID: 15a025

Gina show us some magic!
>>
No. 724083 ID: 35d98d

Hey guys! How's it going?
>>
No. 724104 ID: fba208
File 146354116075.png - (146.83KB , 1000x1000 , 30.png )
724104

>>723971

>>724083
>Hey guys! How's it going?

Gina: "Hmm? Logan, did you hear someone speaking?"

(Logan shakes his head)

Gina: "Huh, I could'a sworn I'd heard something."

>>723991
>Gina show us some magic!

Wait... Is this all in my head. What's going on? Why the hell is this happening? Who's talking to me?

You want me to show you my magic? No can do originless voice. I'm not gonna' just bust out some flames 'cuz the voices in my head told me to. How the bitch would I explain that to Logan? "Somebody who probably doesn't exist told me to." What a load of crap.

>>723983
>Salutations! Pepper's ready to go, get going! ... Do you remember what she was going to do?

Fuck you. I don't have time to deal with whatever the shit this is. Stop asking me questions. At the very least, explain what the hell you are before digging head first into the lives of me and my friends. Whatever this is, I want none of it.
>>
No. 724112 ID: 5ad4a7

>>724104
We're interdimensional nerds who give advice. We're helping you get to TOP TIER.
>>
No. 724120 ID: a075ba

>At the very least, explain what the hell you are before digging head first into the lives of me and my friends.
Ann Pepper summoned us, or something. We're supposed to help her, so we went to check on her friends while she's making a sandwich, after we (unsurprisingly) failed to solve how her weird book power works in 5 minutes.

That's you, right? Her friends? We aren't badgering the wrong people?
>>
No. 724126 ID: 35151f

>>724104
we're the ghosts of all the plants that died to go into your goth skeleton facepaint dyes.
oooOOOOOooooo.
>>
No. 724143 ID: 094652

You and Pepper seem nonplussed about this whole adventure. Are you suppressing your anxiety or is this how you react to danger?
>>
No. 724155 ID: 35d98d

Ann seemed to take us in stride, where as you don't really even want to acknowledge us. That's okay we take some getting used to. We are here to help you guys on your journey though
>>
No. 724198 ID: 99d7d8

Come on, what's the harm of answering a few personal questions in your head? It isn't like we can use it against you, we're voices.
>>
No. 724213 ID: 066a87

>>724104
So, realtalk: Ann doesn't actually have any weed does she?
>>
No. 724218 ID: 0eaeaf

>>724126
You do realize we're not talking to Logan

>>724104
Ignore my rude comrades. We're just your conscience, the little angels (and devils!) on your shoulders. We're just here to help you defeat the witch! So what can you do?
>>
No. 724219 ID: 2a7417

Ignore my polite comrades. We're here to pester you and lead you in circles while you risk life and limb for humanity. Now light Logan's hair on fire.
>>
No. 724220 ID: 595d54

Is that a Homestuck shirt? Set it on fire.
>>
No. 724251 ID: fba208
File 146360430928.png - (130.21KB , 1000x1000 , 31.png )
724251

>>724104

>>724112
>We're interdimensional nerds who give advice. We're helping you get to TOP TIER.

Interdimensional nerds. Perfect, that explains everything. You have no lives, so you decided to come stick your noses with mine.

>>724198
>Come on, what's the harm of answering a few personal questions in your head? It isn't like we can use it against you, we're voices.

FUCK YOU!

>>724213
>So, realtalk: Ann doesn't actually have any weed does she?

FUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOUUUU!!!

>>724120
>Ann Pepper summoned us, or something. We're supposed to help her, so we went to check on her friends while she's making a sandwich, after we (unsurprisingly) failed to solve how her weird book power works in 5 minutes. That's you, right? Her friends? We aren't badgering the wrong people?

...

Alright, see, that's actually at least trying to be useful information. In return, I'll treat this voice respectfully and answer their question. Maybe that will discourage the idiots from voicing their inner dumb.

Yes, Ann Pepper is my friend. We're walking to her house right now. It'll take us about ten minutes to arrive.

I don't accept the idea of her summoning you. I haven't seen anything that would suggest she's capable of doing such a thing. Especially since you just said it had nothing to do with her 'Book of Blankness'. I might have believed it if you had said she wrote something down, and you could suddenly communicate with her and I. At least then we'd have a clue what that book did. Though maybe I shouldn't be too quick to judge. It is entirely realistic that you all failed to solve the riddle that is Ann Pepper's power.

Seriously, it's a load of crap. Everyone around her gets wicked sick powers like super speed and water manipulation, and she gets the most stupid bullshit power ever. The worst part is, I know that it's gonna be awesome. I just know that she'll write down hocus-pocus or some shit, and she'll turn into a twelve story dragon; but why should she have wait so long to find the right words. I know that it bothers her, and I don't know what I can do to help. I can't relate to her, my powers are awesome. Logan can kind of relate with his...

Goddamn it! No! I'm not gonna go there, not for you. You're trying to get all the data you can out of me, right? You want me to tell you all about our quest. Well fuck you! I'm going to do everything in my power to not tell you anything important. I'm gonna waste your time until you eventually get bored with me. Then you can go back and pester Ann. She probably loves it. She's into this sort of BS.

>>724126
>we're the ghosts of all the plants that died to go into your goth skeleton facepaint dyes. oooOOOOOooooo.

FUCK YOU! I don't know who you are, or where you are; but if I ever run into whichever one of you shitheads just insulted my pal, I'll rip your tongue out. Everyone will consider it a heroic action. "Look! That brave woman tore the tongue off of the infernal shitspewer." They'll throw a banquet in my honor. I'll go down in legend as the person who personally shattered the communication line between pure unadulterated ignorance and our world.
>>
No. 724256 ID: 595d54

>>724251
We don't have lives, we aren't going to get bored. And given how poorly you seem to handle unpleasant things happening, I really doubt you're going to accomplish anything at all without our help. Want to bet how long it'd take for you to collapse and throw a tantrum if things didn't go exactly your way? Minutes? Hours?
>>
No. 724257 ID: 35151f

>>724251
Mild ribbing doesn't equate to insults, ay, chill you're orky bum down

You'll probably take a while to really accept it but we ARE here to help.
Ostensibly, at least. That's the USUAL thing we do.
>>
No. 724258 ID: 8ec390

>FUCK YOU!
Only after we get to know you, toothy.
>>
No. 724259 ID: 5ad4a7

>>724251
Jeez, a bit overprotective are you? Are you two... together?
>>
No. 724264 ID: 430103

*Sighes* Unfortunately it seems the majority of us have decided being silly is the way to go, barring better ways to interact with our hosts.
So far it seems like it's gonna be the three of you we'll be jumping between. Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to move between the three of you and enable communication. Also, when not massively bored and trolling, we can also serve as tactical advisors.
You've got...Fire manipulation or something along those lines right? Any rules or is it just as cool as it sounds?
>>
No. 724266 ID: 595d54

>>724264
You're the one misspelling roleplay in asterisks, mate.
>>
No. 724281 ID: 066a87

>>724251
Maybe you should calm down. Cheer up, roll a joint, smoke some weed.
>>
No. 724284 ID: a075ba

>I don't accept the idea of her summoning you. I haven't seen anything that would suggest she's capable of doing such a thing.
Well, something dumped us on her. We didn't do it, and if she didn't do it herself... well that raises an interesting question as to our origin, doesn't it?

>I'm gonna waste your time until you eventually get bored with me.
*cough* You realize, that vitriol, anger, and insult spewing isn't exactly the most productive way to bore a provocateur?
>>
No. 724287 ID: 99d7d8

Geez, that is one fiery temper.
It's understandable that you don't trust us, so if can think of anything that we can do to prove our sincerity let us know.
Also we could bother Logan instead if you would prefer.
>>
No. 724302 ID: 93244f

I wonder how much we can piss her off.
>>
No. 724309 ID: fba208
File 146362456395.png - (127.03KB , 1000x1000 , 32.png )
724309

>>724251

PLAYER 2 IS UNAVAILABLE DUE TO COMPLETE REJECTION OF SPECTATORS.

ANCHORING SPECTATORS TO NEAREST ANCHOR.

SEARCHING...

PLAYER FOUND. ANCHORING SPECTATORS TO PLAYER 3.
>>
No. 724311 ID: 595d54

>>724309
It looks like your friend is contemplating murdering you for your shitty taste in shirts. Offer her weed to calm her down.
>>
No. 724312 ID: a075ba

>>724309
Hey, tell her we're sorry, okay?

Hello, by the way.
>>
No. 724315 ID: 5ad4a7

Hi, we're interdimensional nerds that give advice.

Is your friend in a bad mood or does she usually have a short fuse?
>>
No. 724319 ID: 430103

Hello there good sir Faust, we are...I suppose voices will work.
Anyhoo, we don't seem to mix with your friend there very well, and unfortunately she's now in a bad mood.
Basically, we're here to help you guys out on your quest to reach TOP TIER!
>>
No. 724358 ID: 35151f

>>724309
sup Bones, how's tricks
>>
No. 724376 ID: f6442a

Hey kid, set your hair on fire. Gina says it helps her calm down.
>>
No. 724392 ID: 79a07e

>>724309
Howdy! So, in a nutshell, we're just called The Voices in most cases. Primarily, we're a sort of gestalt entity of...well, voices, and our primary function is to come in right before some kind of major upheaval, cataclysm, or major change in the world in general, and give advice to one or more special people who will likely be the cause of said change. Most people who hear us get the cool 'power' of being able to have multiple plans of action concepted, detailed, and confirmed for you in a matter of seconds (from your perspective, I think). Think of it like a hive mind or your own personal think tank that you don't actually have to listen to or obey.

Lucky you.

And just as a heads up, we're largely benign in regards to what we can do, but we're utter goofballs so long as nothing serious is happening. So we tend to crack a lot of jokes and make a lot of silly an impractical suggestions when there's down time, like now. S'our way of being friendly. Your friend there didn't really appreciate our sense of humor, though, and shut us out entirely- which doesn't often happen, but we're sorry for it regardless.

Don't worry too much- when important stuff actually starts going down you'll see a bit of a different side of us- and learn why we tend to get rung up a lot. Despite how we may act during chill-out time, we are largely VERY good at what we do.

So. How ya dooooooin'?
>>
No. 724435 ID: 2a7417

Logan, you need to bully Gina so she knows what it feels like and magically inverts her personality within the space of a single update. That or kick her in the groin.
>>
No. 724443 ID: 5f31bd

What's up Logan? As my other voices have explained we are just essentially voices that are here to help guide you and your friends to the top tier. It uh, also appears we may have irritated Gina, sorry about that.
>>
No. 724513 ID: fba208
File 146370357194.gif - (67.72KB , 1000x1000 , 33.gif )
724513

>>724309

>>724358
>sup Bones, how's tricks

>>724311
>It looks like your friend is contemplating murdering you for your shitty taste in shirts. Offer her weed to calm her down.

>>724312
>Hey, tell her we're sorry, okay? Hello, by the way.

Who said that? What are you talking about? I don't understand anything you're saying!
>>
No. 724525 ID: 5ad4a7

We just told you.
>>
No. 724526 ID: de6122

>>724513
Well, buddy, you know how they tell you puberty causes changes in your body, including hormones and neurochemistry? Bad news is that in your case, neurochemistry included a hitherto-latent case of schizophrenia. You're clinically insane now, and the symptoms are only going to get worse now. Try to keep a grip on reality. Sorry you had to find out like this, see a doctor ASAP.
>>
No. 724528 ID: fba208
File 146370470166.png - (104.93KB , 1000x1000 , 34.png )
724528

>>724513

>>724392
>Howdy! So, in a nutshell, we're just called The Voices in most cases. Primarily, we're a sort of gestalt entity of...well, voices, and our primary function is to come in right before some kind of major upheaval, cataclysm, or major change in the world in general, and give advice to one or more special people who will likely be the cause of said change. Most people who hear us get the cool 'power' of being able to have multiple plans of action concepted, detailed, and confirmed for you in a matter of seconds (from your perspective, I think). Think of it like a hive mind or your own personal think tank that you don't actually have to listen to or obey.

>Lucky you.

>And just as a heads up, we're largely benign in regards to what we can do, but we're utter goofballs so long as nothing serious is happening. So we tend to crack a lot of jokes and make a lot of silly an impractical suggestions when there's down time, like now. S'our way of being friendly. Your friend there didn't really appreciate our sense of humor, though, and shut us out entirely- which doesn't often happen, but we're sorry for it regardless.

>Don't worry too much- when important stuff actually starts going down you'll see a bit of a different side of us- and learn why we tend to get rung up a lot. Despite how we may act during chill-out time, we are largely VERY good at what we do.

>So. How ya dooooooin'?

Oh, um... That, actually explains everything. Thank you for that informative speech. I'm personally doing fine. I was somewhat frightened by you, but I'm quickly recovering. So, is there something you want to know? I can try to answer any questions you have.

>>724435
>Logan, you need to bully Gina so she knows what it feels like and magically inverts her personality within the space of a single update. That or kick her in the groin.

Umm, is that one of your 'jokes'? I don't get it. Gina's not a bully. She's passionate, but isn't the type to pick on others. Gina only reacts with violence, she never opens with it.

>>724443
>What's up Logan? As my other voices have explained we are just essentially voices that are here to help guide you and your friends to the top tier. It uh, also appears we may have irritated Gina, sorry about that.

Oh, is this the context of the last joke? That explains why Gina has a menacing scowl on her face. You should apologize to her. I don't know what you said, but I'm sure she'll forgive you.

Probably...

Maybe...

...
>>
No. 724532 ID: 5f31bd

Ahem, sorry let me restate what I just said. Firstly hello Logan m, we are... Uh... The Voices. Your friend Ann actually summoned us from another dimension to help you on your quest to the top tier. A lot of us are kind of odd but mostly what we do is provide advice to adventurers like you and your friends. We were originally inside Gina's head but uh, that didn't go very well.... So we jumped over to you.
>>
No. 724534 ID: 5f31bd

So! Moving right along, what is your estimated time of arrival to Ann's house? She was busy making a sandwich when we left.
>>
No. 724537 ID: fba208
File 146370543949.png - (30.85KB , 500x500 , Whoopsie.png )
724537

(Sorry, didn't have much time to post today. Will be back tomorrow with more.)
>>
No. 724542 ID: 35151f

>>724528
We uh, can't get back in her head, so we have to go through you for that.

Also, bones was a joke about your skellington face paint. I -think- it's facepaint, I can't actually tell for sure.
>>
No. 724543 ID: f6442a

>>724542
He's wearing a Homestuck shirt, it's totally grayface.
>>
No. 724545 ID: 79a07e

>>724528
Mostly, just curious about your setup. We know your friend's powerset, but apparently yours is a mystery to Ann. Might filling us in, even if just on the basics?
I'll say right now, there is literally nothing you can tell us that will shock us. We, collectively, have millenia of experiences and knowledge to draw from. We've seen it all and some besides. We won't judge.

We're more than likely gonna crack jokes and stuff if it's something uncommon, but not JUDGE.

Also, got supplies for this trip? It's sounding like it'll be a long one.
>>
No. 724665 ID: fba208
File 146376436772.png - (88.30KB , 1000x1000 , 35.png )
724665

>>724528

>>724542
>We uh, can't get back in her head, so we have to go through you for that. Also, bones was a joke about your skellington face paint. I -think- it's facepaint, I can't actually tell for sure.

Okay, then I'll let her know for you later. Not now though, I think it's best to let her cool off first.

Also, this isn't facepaint. I'm just naturally very pale. And these aren't fake stitches, they're scars.
>>
No. 724669 ID: fba208
File 146376544299.gif - (1.49MB , 1000x1000 , 36.gif )
724669

>>724665

I'm not surprised that you thought of Jack Skellington. That's who everyone thinks of when they see me. Almost every person I meet will bring it up. It's a name that haunts me. I used to like 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. Now...

Well, I still like it. But I still wish people would stop bringing Jack Skellington up as someone I look like.
>>
No. 724687 ID: 08ed3a

Ironically Logan, now that I know they are scars I'm reminded more of Norse mythology, Loki, God of trickery and fire once had his lips sewn shut and when he got them out it left a really bad rictus of scars kind of like you.
>>
No. 724689 ID: 12d29b

...Did you try to eat broken glass?
>>
No. 724690 ID: f6442a

Or people could think you're like Sev-Three with hair. Anyway, are you adventuring right now or should we go back to EXTREME SANDWICH PREPARATION with Paprika Ant?
>>
No. 724691 ID: fba208
File 146377555040.png - (105.72KB , 1000x1000 , 37.png )
724691

>>724669

>>724545
>Mostly, just curious about your setup. We know your friend's powerset, but apparently yours is a mystery to Ann. Might filling us in, even if just on the basics? I'll say right now, there is literally nothing you can tell us that will shock us. We, collectively, have millenia of experiences and knowledge to draw from. We've seen it all and some besides. We won't judge. We're more than likely gonna crack jokes and stuff if it's something uncommon, but not JUDGE.

>Also, got supplies for this trip? It's sounding like it'll be a long one.

I can increase the volume of my voice up to 130 decibels.

The problem is, I can't control it.

Specifically, I have problems toning down. I can raise my voice with ease, but I can't easily stay near a normal 60 decibel average. Because of this, I mainly communicate in sign-language. It's much simpler, and I don't need to worry about accidentally erupting into shouts. It's such a dumb power. It's gotten me into nothing but trouble, and I can't think of a single time it's been useful. I hate it.

I really wish that I was just powerless.
>>
No. 724692 ID: 08ed3a

Well, the plus side is with your appearance and voice if you ever decide to sing death metal you won't need a microphone. Shit that would actually be badass!
>>
No. 724693 ID: 99d7d8

Bet that power will be useful later.
Hey do you know anything about a weapon that was made for Ann?
>>
No. 724696 ID: b17b81

>>724691
You ever thought about using something to kick it up one notch higher? You get something loud enough and you can debilitate people just by shouting at them. Only problem is your friends (and you I assume) are not immune to it.
>>
No. 724701 ID: 12d29b

>>724691
Get a cone to shout through. Concentrated noise is an effective weapon.
>>
No. 724704 ID: f6442a

>>724701
Yes. Equip VUVUZELA OF DEATH.
>>
No. 724706 ID: 79a07e

>>724691
Oh, okay, so you're Black Bolt. (Don't worry about who that is if you don't know, just a point of reference.) No big deal, like I said, we've experience with stuff like that. Actually, that's pretty badass.

Expect a lot of suggestions for how to help yourself control it, now that you've said so.

Anywho, besides that, looking forward to this whole thing?
>>
No. 724708 ID: 430103

Okay so earplugs, and a mic or loudspeaker+you= BOOM!
Tricky, but the times you get to let loose...Well.
So by the looks of things...
There's the book of Mystery, which if nothing else can be used to block attacks.
There's Gina, who's firepower is...prooobably going to be the thing that carries us through the early stages? Depends on how reliant on these powers we are.
And then there's you. Your shouts SHOULD be good for AOE disruptions, though used sparingly due to the lack of control.
I think that about covers obvious applications of your gifts.
>>
No. 724717 ID: fba208
File 146378086910.png - (143.38KB , 1000x1000 , 38.png )
724717

>>724691

>>724701
>Get a cone to shout through. Concentrated noise is an effective weapon.

>>724704
>Yes. Equip VUVUZELA OF DEATH.

Sorry, that's a neat idea; but I don't think that would work. At least, not if I understand those tools correctly. My mouth stretches wide open to release the sound waves. I can't completely focus my sound into the short end. Also, a megaphone only increases sound 3 decibels. It wouldn't really be worth carrying around, even if I could completely focus my sound into it.
>>
No. 724721 ID: 094652

And I'm guessing those scars happened when you ripped your mouth open trying to hold it in.

Under the right conditions, you could concentrate your power into a medium-range weapon. For instance, blast waves are more effective underwater because the instant pressure transfer can crush vital organs. You can also make some remote mines that only detonate when they detect a high frequency, which means you could stun the enemy in place while your mines detonate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, dunk your head underwater and shout the fish to death? Might be a useful skill if you run out of rations.

Your power might be dangerous, but it's somewhat appropriate for this adventure. If you run into something that stabs first and asks questions later, you can MAKE them listen.
>>
No. 724724 ID: a075ba

>I can increase the volume of my voice up to 130 decibels.
Um. Ouch. Do you have permanent hearing damage, yet?
>>
No. 724725 ID: 430103

...Something tells me most of us are gonna have to really look around for relevant ideas to work with your voice...
Well, you kinda have it covered better than we do for now, so I guess for the time being we'll stick to tactical advice...
>>
No. 724731 ID: 5f31bd

Do you have an idea of when you might reach Ann's house?
>>
No. 724740 ID: fba208
File 146378922919.png - (136.56KB , 1000x1000 , 39.png )
724740

>>724717

>>724724
>Um. Ouch. Do you have permanent hearing damage, yet?

My hearing has been damaged by by power. I'm expected to go completely deaf before I'm twenty-five. It's something I've come to accept. It's partially why I've learned sign-language. The other benefit is that I don't need to use me voice as often, thus pushing the date further back. I've also been studying how hearing aids work to see if I could improve upon the designs of any of them. I have a few ideas, but it's all theory at this point.

>>724731
>Do you have an idea of when you might reach Ann's house?

We're almost there. It'll just be another minute.

>>724721
>And I'm guessing those scars happened when you ripped your mouth open trying to hold it in.

>Under the right conditions, you could concentrate your power into a medium-range weapon. For instance, blast waves are more effective underwater because the instant pressure transfer can crush vital organs. You can also make some remote mines that only detonate when they detect a high frequency, which means you could stun the enemy in place while your mines detonate.

>I guess what I'm trying to say is, dunk your head underwater and shout the fish to death? Might be a useful skill if you run out of rations.

>Your power might be dangerous, but it's somewhat appropriate for this adventure. If you run into something that stabs first and asks questions later, you can MAKE them listen.

No, the scars are from something... else. It's not a happy story. If it's alright with you, I'd rather not retell it right now.

Also, thank you. I have a hard time seeing any positives to this ability. It's caused me more trouble than I'd like. So hearing ideas like this is really uplifting. If there's some way that I could channel this positively, then I'd try it in a heartbeat. Just imagining it makes me feel, kind of happy.

Gina "Hey Logan, you look like you're having some intense thoughts. You wouldn't happen to be hearing voices, would you?"

Logan (Signing words) "Yes, I'm hearing the voices you had been hearing. They apologize for upsetting you."

Gina "Bleh. Those guys are jerks. Don't waste your time with them."

Logan "They aren't so bad. Some of them are strange, but harmless overall."

Gina "Feh, if you say so. They aren't giving you any trouble?"

Logan "None."

Gina "...Fine, I'll accept their apology then. Just let me know if they start picking on you dude."

Logan "Will do."

Gina's always looking out for me. She's great.
>>
No. 724741 ID: 595d54

So you two dating?
>>
No. 724745 ID: fba208
File 146379011551.png - (104.24KB , 1000x1000 , That's All For Tonight.png )
724745

(That's all for tonight. The next update will go a bit slower, as I'll soon be drawing three people in a single panel. Plus interior design. Ugh...

Welp, I can worry about that tomorrow.)
>>
No. 724749 ID: a075ba

>My hearing has been damaged by by power.
I don't know if ear protection would even help, since the noise is originating from you. Even with earplugs in, you're going to be getting vibrations through your skull. (...which might have other health risks, actually).

Dang, need to find someone with a healing power.

>>724717
If you flipped that cone around, you'd be focusing the energy at on a narrow point. That would work as a short range weapon, I think.
>>
No. 724865 ID: 066a87

>>724749
Surgically inserting sound isolating material like adipose tissue around the upper jaw may help. You'd have a free-floating jaw, speech impediment, and weaker bite, but it could cut as much as 30db from the war yodeling. Likewise, additional adipose tissue around your neck could help too.

You'd need to find a surgeon looking to make a name for himself, or a mad scientist. I assume you have mad scientists, right?

In the meantime, you should smoke some weed. It helps with tinnitus.
>>
No. 724936 ID: fba208
File 146386747742.png - (113.04KB , 1000x1000 , 40.png )
724936

>>724740

>>724741
>So you two dating?

Nope.

Gina "Where here."

Logan (Signing Words) "Great."

So, are you going to stick with me, or are you going to swap to one of my friends? I don't mind if you want to talk to them.
>>
No. 724938 ID: fba208

>>724936

>Gina "WHERE here."

(Fuck me.)
>>
No. 724939 ID: fba208
File 146386763046.png - (30.85KB , 500x500 , Whoopsie.png )
724939

(Also, I've just noticed that my username was removed. It must have happened when I cleared my cache last night. It's fixed now.)
>>
No. 724957 ID: 67d5dc

Eh, its more a question of if you want to be rid of us. Both the girls kicked us out just recently.
>>
No. 724960 ID: f6442a

We're gonna keep swapping until we find someone feeble-minded enough to overpower, and then possess their body to achieve WORLD DOMINATION!
>>
No. 724961 ID: 79a07e

>>724957
Pretty much what this guy said. You're pretty cool, and I dunno if Ann's ready to have us back just yet. Gina sure as hell isn't.
>>
No. 725031 ID: fba208
File 146388428104.png - (119.32KB , 1000x1000 , 41.png )
725031

>>724936

>>724961
>You're pretty cool, and I dunno if Ann's ready to have us back just yet. Gina sure as hell isn't.

Cool, feel free to hang out in my head for now.

Gina knocks on the door. Not long after, Ann opens it up.

Ann "Gina! Logan!"

Gina "Hey there Ann, what's up?"

Ann "Not much, I was just preparing for your arrival. How are you two doing?"

Gina "Swell, how about yourself? Are you excited for what tonight holds?"

Ann "A bit nervous honestly, but there'll be time for that later. For now, let's go play some video games."

Gina "Sounds like a plan."
>>
No. 725034 ID: 398fe1

What kind of video games?
>>
No. 725071 ID: 237eb2

What game you guys going to play?
>>
No. 725073 ID: 094652

I vote we switch back to Ann.

I think you should have purchased a hand-cranked/solar-powered portable generator. And all the portable tech you can buy (crystals included). Maybe there's still time? Do the shops have that gear for sale or is that only sold on the internet?

In any case, bring a few games, some chocolates, anything else you think is impractical in a survival mission.

You never know what the natives will trade for that kind of ^&*(.
>>
No. 725120 ID: 066a87

>>725031
You know what goes great with video games?

Smoking a bowl.
>>
No. 725162 ID: fba208

(Quick reminder, No new updates today. See you guys tomorrow.)
>>
No. 725501 ID: 93244f

>>725071
Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube.
Clearly the only correct choice.
>>
No. 725527 ID: fba208
File 146404500849.png - (158.53KB , 1000x1000 , 42.png )
725527

>>725031

>>725071
>What game you guys going to play?

We're probably just going to spend a few hours playing Fantastic Feud Crossover. It's a very fun fighting game. All of the characters come from other games. It's a game that probably only exists to solve arguments. "Johnny Jumper could totally beat Speedy the Dog in a battle." "Let's set two computers to level 10 and see if that's true." Ah, pointless debates. Wanted by none, yet had by all.

Ann "Some interesting stuff happened before you two showed up."

Gina "Oh, did you start hearing voices?"

Ann "Uh, yeah actually. They stopped talking at one point. Did they begin asking you you questions?"

Gina "They did for a short while, but they pissed me off. They're hanging out with Logan now."

Ann "Really? I didn't know they could just swap between people. Logan, they aren't giving you and grief, right?"

Logan (Signing Words) "No, they're okay."

Ann "Alright, I recognized the sign for no. That's good. I'm not sure where they came from, but it's somewhat clear that they plan on sticking with us. It would stink if they were nothing but a pest."

Gina "Yeah. I must have gotten unlucky. When they were with me, I got annoying questions that made no sense. They didn't even start out with any form of explanation. It was just 'Hi there, do a magic thing.'"

Ann "Some of them are obnoxious, but the majority of them are just nosy. They come from another world or something. Also, I think they're viewing us through their internet."

Gina "I guess that figures. I've read webcomics. I know how entertaining it is to watch people doing stuff. Though, if I could talk to the characters, I would try not to immediately let them know that they should hate me and disregard anything I have to say."

Ann "Oh yeah, I checked out the latest DCXD. Funny stuff. Too bad I'm gonna miss a bunch of updates while were gone."

Gina "Don't worry too much about it. I mean, it could be far worse. Instead, worry about the webcomics with storylines that you're going to be missing out on."

Ann "Uuuuuggghh. That's even worse."

Gina "Yep, it's a sad reality. glad I could be unhelpful."

Ann "Thanks, I appreciate the negative thoughts."
>>
No. 725529 ID: 094652

How far is the gate from your house?

Does FFC have mod compatibility? You know, for downloading community-made characters that are... "not approved for family-friendly viewing and child entertainment"?
>>
No. 725530 ID: e95cec

Btw, Logan, do you mind if we tell Ann about your powers? She doesn't actually know, yet, and it will probably come up.
>>
No. 725550 ID: fba208
File 146405532199.png - (108.29KB , 1000x1000 , 43.png )
725550

>>725527

>>725529
>How far is the gate from your house?

>Does FFC have mod compatibility? You know, for downloading community-made characters that are... "not approved for family-friendly viewing and child entertainment"?

There are ways to put mods in it, but it involves messing with your console. I've checked with Ann, she isn't interested in that kind of thing. As for the gate, it's about one miles from where Ann lives. We'll walk over tonight, after Ann says her farewells to her dad.

>>725530
>Btw, Logan, do you mind if we tell Ann about your powers? She doesn't actually know, yet, and it will probably come up.

I don't mind. I can't see me using it any time soon (unless the next tier is highly violent), so she's probably wondering about it. The only reason I haven't told her was because I don't like talking about it. I have no problem with others knowing about it.

Ann "Alright, let me just turn on the system. The game should already be inside."

Gina "Swell, anywho, I'm taking the beanbag seat."

Ann "That's fine. Logan and I will sit on the couch."

Gina "So, after an hour or two of this, we'll show you some of the things we've come up with for your book; gear up, and head out."

Ann "Sounds like a plan."
>>
No. 725551 ID: 094652

ONE HOUR LATER
>>
No. 725552 ID: fba208
File 146405545172.png - (104.24KB , 1000x1000 , That's All For Tonight.png )
725552

(Sorry, I got swamped unexpectedly today. I'll try to do more tomorrow.)

(Also, feel free to come up with made up characters to use in the game. Simply a name, maybe a description of them, and possibly a description of their game. Whatever you feel like doing.)
>>
No. 725562 ID: 094652

>>725552
If you insist.

Name: Glitter Ring
Description: Living Golden Statue (accessories mostly gold, looks like a pawn chess piece princess who is going to be promoted soon)
Game: Tank Top Queendoms
It's a tower defense game featuring a bunch of classic game piece people using their overstocked war fortress to defend against a bunch of small, super-fast blue blurs. The player has enough firepower to take on ten times as many of these bandit buggers, but the catch is that each enemy has their own dynamic pathfinding AI that can keep up with their Mach 1 parkour. You have to outsmart the enemy and figure out where to shoot your entire arsenal while they race towards you at breakneck speed.
>>
No. 725571 ID: 35151f

>>725562
There was that one Jojo's bizarre adventure First-Person fighter game
play that one, see how far you can get pitting koichi against Pre-stands dio
>>
No. 725576 ID: 237eb2

Name: Muschio Malto
Game: Dive: The Video Game
Description: a fallen Volto prince who fights with a rapier, his game involves him going on many a wacky adventure with the aid of the orb of infinite psyke and all of the rag tag members of his army. Together they make through this fantasy realm in order to restore Muschio to his former glory.

Name: Hrothgar Baldursson
Game: To Valhalla
Description: Aged Viking warrior with a big ass axe, his game is a side scrolling beat-em-up in which battles his way through zombies, Giants, Trolls, and other beasts and monsters inspired by Nordic and Celtic mythology.

Name: Sergeant Avery Machs
Game: No-mans Land
Description: Sci-fi soldier armed with plasma pistol and stun stick, his game is a third person shooter/Star fighter combat in which he journeys across the nine gates of Erenos across the galaxy, into nine different worlds and Solaris systems to end the tyranny of the Arthenax Empire.
>>
No. 725577 ID: 93244f
File 146406188626.png - (1.37KB , 88x108 , i came up with this character in like 10 seconds d.png )
725577

Cindy (Creative, I know)
Description: Phoenix chick.
Game: Ash City - generic beat-em-up brawler game a la Streets of Rage.
>>
No. 725646 ID: d035ee

Name: 4314 (or Aela)

Description: Thin, agile warrior robot. Wields spear that fires bolts.

Game: Black Planet
A side-scrolling exploration game, 4314 must gather upgrades, kill monsters and eventually escape the planet. May or may not involve a dragon at one point.
>>
No. 725676 ID: 0eaeaf

Name: Bradford, Paladin of Redford
Description: A red-haired paladin belonging to the kingdom of Zarzoth, he has been thrice blessed with strange powers called "Providences." The first of which is strength, second temporary invincibilty when one of his comrades is disabled, and the third is summoning a legion of the warriors of the House Redford.
Game Description: Avalon Quest, a strategy game where the player must manage resources and defeat the evil kingdom of Blackwater before the evil god Tartarus rises!
>>
No. 725679 ID: fba208
File 146412110313.png - (30.85KB , 500x500 , Whoopsie.png )
725679

(Sorry that this is taking so long. Interior + Group shots = nightmare. You may notice some strategic zooming in following this next post. Expect the next update in about an hour.)
>>
No. 725714 ID: fba208
File 146412867720.png - (207.32KB , 1000x1000 , 44.png )
725714

>>725550

>>725551
>ONE HOUR LATER

If you want to leave while we play this game, I won't mind. This probably won't be fun for you to watch. Or maybe it will be. It depends on your taste. If you know some way to skip an hour, go right ahead.
>>
No. 725716 ID: fba208
File 146412897092.png - (83.32KB , 1000x1000 , Art is hard.png )
725716

(Jeez, that took at least two hours. I'll be heading out to see a flick, but I'll try to do at least one more update tonight. If you want to skip ahead an hour to plot relevant things, just go ahead. If you want to play some games, feel free.)

(Thanks to everyone who submitted characters. They aren't going to be used much, but it was fun to see what you submitted.)
>>
No. 725720 ID: 094652

>>725714
Lag on our end means that waiting one hour of your time takes about FORTY EIGHT of ours.

>>725716
Just make three panels of pure video game comedy.
>>
No. 725725 ID: 237eb2

I want to see what characters they are playing as!
>>
No. 725737 ID: 8013df

I bet Bradford will wreck those cheeky scrubs, too OP for them.
>>
No. 725780 ID: fba208
File 146414880030.png - (170.79KB , 1000x1000 , 45.png )
725780

>>725714

>>725725
>I want to see what characters they are playing as!

All right, I'll quickly go over our characters:

Gina - Cindy: Cindy is a phoenix lady. She comes from some old generic beat-em-up. She's uses fire powers to beat up here enemies. Yes, we have mentioned that Gina picked the one character with fire powers as her favorite. She completely owned it.

Me - Glitter Ring: She's a golden pawn. She starts out weak. She can promote herself to another piece (Knight, Bishop, Rook, Queen). Different forms have different strengths and weaknesses. Knight is more mobile, but it makes her moves harder to land. Bishop changes all of her moves to ranged attacks, but makes her moves weaker. Rook increases her strength, but lowers her speed. Queen increases all of her stats, but leaves her weakened for a while afterwards. She's a very complex hero, and I appreciate that.
>>
No. 725781 ID: fba208
File 146414898121.png - (119.00KB , 1000x1000 , 46.png )
725781

>>725780

Ann - Bradford: Your basic paladin. He's strong, he has a sword, and he fights for good. One of the most basic characters in the game, but that doesn't diminish his value. Ann plays him well, but typically mains Johnny Jumper.
>>
No. 725782 ID: fba208
File 146414909879.png - (104.24KB , 1000x1000 , That's All For Tonight.png )
725782

(I apologize for the lateness of this last post. That's all for today, and we'll continue tomorrow.)
>>
No. 725783 ID: 094652

>>725577
>>725780
In retrospect, I think you should have gone with "Aria". Oh well.

>>725782
ONE HOUR LATER
>>
No. 725855 ID: fba208
File 146420420851.gif - (208.62KB , 1000x1000 , 47.gif )
725855

>>725781

Gina "FUCK!"

Ann "Sorry Gina, but I've got you trapped in my combo."

Gina "Dammit, shit."

Ann "Look at all the damage you're taking. Look at it!"

Gina "FUCKIN SHITT!"

ANN "LOOOK AT IITTTTTTTT!!!"
>>
No. 725857 ID: 237eb2

Geeeeeeeeeet dunked on!

Lol but when did you guys want to move out on your mission?
>>
No. 725859 ID: 398fe1

Damn don't you know anything about smash DI?
>>
No. 725864 ID: fba208
File 146420805616.png - (127.83KB , 1000x1000 , 48.png )
725864

>>725855
>>
No. 725865 ID: fba208
File 146420809971.png - (57.54KB , 1000x1000 , 49.png )
725865

>>725864

Logan (Speaking) "Hail to the queen."
>>
No. 725871 ID: 430103

...Nicely done Logan. Or as we might say, well played.
>>
No. 725897 ID: fba208
File 146421731946.png - (140.99KB , 1000x1000 , 50.png )
725897

>>725865

After a few more rounds of fighting (Most of which were won by Ann or Logan), an hour had passed.

Ann "Wow, time sure flew by. Didn't it?"

Gina "Nope. I was too busy feeling the slow painful sting of defeat. You guys are too good at this game."

Ann "Gina, I'm telling you this as a friend. You're awful at this game."

Gina "Eh, oh well. I'd rather be good at real life stuff over some video game.

Logan (Signing Words) "Let's try to crack Ann's book.

Gina "Yeah, now would be a great time to try."

Ann "Oh, are we going to try out your solutions to my power's true nature?"

Gina "Yep, so get your thing ready."
>>
No. 725900 ID: 094652

>>725897
Start off by pressing plants and meat onto the pages. Maybe it's a bestiary scrapbook?
>>
No. 725943 ID: 93244f

Try writing things that sound or look like spells. Random symbols or words. Maybe it's a magic book.
>>
No. 725947 ID: 398fe1

We already gave you a lot of ideas.

Has Gina tried burning your book using her fire?
>>
No. 725948 ID: 5fe64b

Something I wanted to try:
Gina or Logan, take the book and pen into another room, and write/draw something in it.
Ann waits for a bit, maybe thirty seconds? Then recalls/banishes&Summons the book again back to herself. Then Ann opens it and sees if the writing/drawing persists.
My hope is that even if we don't figure out it's power, we can use it to aid scouting operations, especially if banishing/summoning it plays with the ink vanishing duration.
>>
No. 725969 ID: fba208
File 146423056092.png - (104.24KB , 1000x1000 , That's All For Tonight.png )
725969

(Alright, I don't have time to finish the next update tonight. Tomorrow, we'll try to figure out Ann's book.)
>>
No. 726138 ID: fba208
File 146429979515.png - (81.03KB , 1000x1000 , 51.png )
726138

>>725897

Ann: "Alright, I've got the list of things I've already tried. Logan, you have the voices right?"

Logan nods his head.

Ann "Alright, take this. Whatever they suggest, check it on the list."

Ann hands the paper over to Logan.

>>725900
>Start off by pressing plants and meat onto the pages. Maybe it's a bestiary scrapbook?

Pressing things between the pages. We've tried leaves, people, meat, other books, CDs, floppy disks, water, and a bunch of other stuff. Basically, it's unlikely that this is the solution. Unless it involves pressing things that we haven't found yet.

>>725947
>Has Gina tried burning your book using her fire?

Yes. It didn't work.

>>725948
>Something I wanted to try: Gina or Logan, take the book and pen into another room, and write/draw something in it. Ann waits for a bit, maybe thirty seconds? Then recalls/banishes&Summons the book again back to herself. Then Ann opens it and sees if the writing/drawing persists. My hope is that even if we don't figure out it's power, we can use it to aid scouting operations, especially if banishing/summoning it plays with the ink vanishing duration.

Don't worry, we've tried that one. The words do stay, but only for the one minute time frame. I like your plan for using the book for scouting. I'll bring this up with Ann later.

>>725943
>Try writing things that sound or look like spells. Random symbols or words. Maybe it's a magic book.

That's not a great idea. Ann's tried it a bit though. She's drawn random magical symbols and stuff all over in her book. We're working under the assumption that the solution isn't a random symbol. Without a reason to write it, we probably won't be trying any symbols.

Gina "Alright, get your book ready Ann. If the voices don't have anything new to add, then it's time for you to try our ideas."
>>
No. 726142 ID: 430103

Hrrm...
1 minute to write/draw...I wonder if there's something to that? Like if you're supposed to use that somehow to draw specific things with it or something?
Okay I've an idea, but uhh...
Well, let's try this:
Khorne
Blood for the blood God
Skulls for the Skull throne
...As you can probably guess, it's not the safest idea I could have had...
>>
No. 726143 ID: 35151f

>>726138
try drawing dicks in it or eating the pages
>>
No. 726146 ID: 094652

Ultraviolet spectrum doesn't work, so how about SOUND? Use sound waves and see if the pages react in morse code.

With the right origami, you might be able to turn the book into a slicing weapon.
>>
No. 726148 ID: 237eb2

>>726142
Okay, let's not summon the blood God? I don't think these kids are adequately equipped to deal with a God of chaos.

Hmm. Here's an idea! Why not try writing something we say down in the book? Like:

"Hello, we are a collective of voices and we want to guide these three on their journey."
>>
No. 726155 ID: 0eaeaf

>>726142
Heresy! Stop him before he summons a Bloodthrister

>>726138
I'm assuming you already tried writing your name? You should also search your family history for someone with a similar power; maybe you can learn from them!
>>
No. 726180 ID: b17b81

>>726138
Has she tried drawing or placing maps into the book? Like starting off with a compass rose.

If it disappears from its place in the world when it gets summoned to her, it would make a perfect trigger for traps you set. As an example, use the book to prop up a boulder and poof it away to trigger it.

It cant be cut through, right? Does it transfer force as an object should? (Smacking one side with a hammer, does the force carry through to the other side.)
Either way it would work well as a bit of armor in pocket or bag. (If it cannot be destroyed)

Can the pages be folded? Does the book float or sink when it's placed in water?
>>
No. 726186 ID: b17b81

A couple others. Can you glue or tape anything to the outside of the book? Would make it easier to make it into a shield. What happens when fluid is poured on it? Does it just sit on top, get absorbed by the pages?
>>
No. 726213 ID: 430103

...Something just struck me.
Can you remove pages from the book? And once removed, do they retain their invulnerability? And lastly...Do the removed pages remain if the book is desummoned?
What I might be getting at here is origami invulnerable armor. And not just for Ann, for teh whole group...Actually, we might even be able to make earplugs/earmuffs to protect the group's hearing if things need to get LOUD!
>>
No. 726243 ID: fba208
File 146432125313.png - (104.24KB , 1000x1000 , That's All For Tonight.png )
726243

(Alright, I lost a lot of time tonight; and this post is taking longer than I thought it would, so we're ending it here today. I'm not going to do this end of day message anymore unless I have something to say. For example: I've worked out an update schedule. I'll update once or twice every day except for Sundays and Saturdays. On Saturdays, I'll update somewhere between two and four times. There will be some exceptions of course, but this will be the schedule I work on from now on.)
>>
No. 726368 ID: fba208
File 146438637949.gif - (351.35KB , 800x800 , 52.gif )
726368

>>726138

>>726186
>A couple others. Can you glue or tape anything to the outside of the book? Would make it easier to make it into a shield. What happens when fluid is poured on it? Does it just sit on top, get absorbed by the pages?

Things can be stuck to the outside, but they don't teleport with the book; and fluid will just form a puddle on top of the book. The pages won't absorb it.

>>726213
>...Something just struck me. Can you remove pages from the book? And once removed, do they retain their invulnerability? And lastly...Do the removed pages remain if the book is desummoned? What I might be getting at here is origami invulnerable armor. And not just for Ann, for teh whole group...Actually, we might even be able to make earplugs/earmuffs to protect the group's hearing if things need to get LOUD!

This is a nice idea, but it won't work. The pages won't come out of the book. Hence why we referred to its whole as, indestructible.

Ann "So, what do you want to try first?"

Gina "Alright, Logan has a Dangers and Dungeons player's manual. It has a list of spells in it. I'm thinking that we should try to scribe some of them into your book."

Ann "Alright, it's worth a shot. Let's do it."
>>
No. 726372 ID: 094652

> Stuck items will not teleport
This could make a good detonator. You have the ability to summon and disband an indestructible rock. This has a few uses:

1. Catapult Remote Trigger: Glue catapult trigger hinges to book. Disband to fire.
2. Boulder Trap: Place book over a comically large boulder. Fire when ready.
3. Breach Patch: Place book over hull breach. Easy.
4. Cooking utensil: Place tomato firmly between pages. Stomp. Place book in pot and disband.
5. Sample holder: In the event that you need to carry a dangerous object just place it in the book. The book won't be contaminated after you disband it.
>>
No. 726520 ID: fef726

Try giving the book a title. Write on the front or in the middle of the very first page something like The Book of Spells.
>>
No. 726564 ID: fba208

(Sorry, update taking too long. No time to finish. Will post tomorrow.)
>>
No. 726650 ID: fba208
File 146454197795.gif - (1.07MB , 620x620 , 53.gif )
726650

>>726368

>>726520
>Try giving the book a title. Write on the front or in the middle of the very first page something like The Book of Spells.

Sorry, the cover can't be written on. It's been tried according to the list.

Gina "There are a lot of spells in this book. Pick out one that you want to use."

Ann "Well, I don't want one that's too destructive; but it needs to be flashy enough to observe."

Gina "What about 'Prestidigitation'? It's literally just a small cool looking effect."

Ann "Perfect! So, what all should I write down? There's a lot of data here."

Gina "Hmm, definitely leave out spell slots."

Ann "I probably won't need the class restrictions."

Gina "Why not just write the title and effect. If that doesn't work, add the components."

Ann "Sounds like a plan."
>>
No. 726786 ID: fba208
File 146462961766.png - (142.54KB , 1000x1000 , 54.png )
726786

>>726650

Ann "Alright, I massively simplified the spell into this."

Gina "That's probably for the best. The original is a bit long.:

Ann "So, do I just say the word? Hold the book up, and shout it?"

Gina "Yep, give it a try."
>>
No. 726869 ID: 853caa

Alright here is an easy one we can use this on, plus it might make for a cool effect. Grab a marker and use prestidigitation to change the color of the ink.
>>
No. 727041 ID: fba208
File 146474659774.png - (135.46KB , 1000x1000 , 55.png )
727041

>>726786

(Crap, I forgot to post this. Sorry for the wait.)

Ann "Alright, let's do this."

Ann "Prestidigitation!"
>>
No. 727115 ID: 35151f

>>727041
Well? did it work?
>>
No. 727123 ID: 094652

You know what, let's just go already.

I think you should bring a car. Just ram it into that gate and screw anyone who's stupid enough to stand in front of it on the other side.

In that order.
>>
No. 727127 ID: 008615

What did you even use it on?
>>
No. 727133 ID: b17b81

I got to say that that post/update does not seem well thought out at all if it is not meant to be quickly followed by another. In the future please try to put like '1/3' or 'cut-scene', or something when you don't want us to suggest. This is just... annoying done this way. They don't even have to be posted at the same time so long as it's evident when the series of action ends.

Try to turn the whatever you picked prismatic. I am sure that's a color!
>>
No. 727135 ID: 813bc6

>>727041
Attempt to color one of your controllers I guess. seems small.
>>
No. 727217 ID: fba208
File 146480466081.png - (53.92KB , 500x500 , Valid Point.png )
727217

>>727133
>I got to say that that post/update does not seem well thought out at all if it is not meant to be quickly followed by another. In the future please try to put like '1/3' or 'cut-scene', or something when you don't want us to suggest. This is just... annoying done this way. They don't even have to be posted at the same time so long as it's evident when the series of action ends.

You make a great point. I will make sure that it's clear when a cut-scene is going on. I apologize for any confusion that followed as a result of these last few updates. The next post is coming soon.
>>
No. 727225 ID: fba208
File 146480906422.gif - (90.91KB , 1000x1000 , 56.gif )
727225

>>727041

...

Nothing changed about the pokeball (Which was definitely there the whole time, and not just quickly moved because the author forgot to add a focus point).

Ann "Eh, it was worth a try."

Gina "Dang, I really thought that that one would have worked."

Ann "Don't sweat it, I kind of expected this result."

Gina "Well, let's try something else then."

Ann "Alright, let's"

We're probably going to end up doing this for a while. So, while they test out various ideas, is there anything I could tell you guys?
>>
No. 727226 ID: 094652

Can you explain how Crystal3Ds work?
>>
No. 727230 ID: 430103

a couple of things that come to mind:
some D&D spells require spell components...Some of which are hard to get (ruby dust, etc, etc.) But more problematic are the somatic (gestures), seeing as I don't recall descriptions of those gestures...
But as for magic ideas...
we have limited information on the other world/tiers right?
Is it known what to expect from those tiers, like are htere magical monsters or things that just won't work here that would work there?
It might be that book isn't really meant to work with anything here, or it's like blue mages from final fantasy-you gotta tank a hit from specific powers to learn them...
Unfortunately, I still don't have any ideas I'm any more sure of than you guys would be soo...
How good's your throwing arm Ann? If you're a good shot-and assuming you smacking things with the book acts predicably (you could beat someone with it, for example) You might be able to just use it as unlimited throwing objects, albiet with a limit of one thrown book at a time...
>>
No. 727233 ID: 35151f

>>727225
have someone write in the book without you looking and see if it can put notes into your head.

another possibility is that we ARE the book's power somehow.

and just on the off chance, write/say "hey book could you please tell us how you work?"
>>
No. 727273 ID: 398fe1

Have you tried writing changes to the world inside the book? Like "the pokeball is now blue"?
>>
No. 727298 ID: b17b81

>>727233
If it's a verbal/somatic thing, the only spell I know off the top of my head is true strike. It is literally just point at the creature you want to target. No spoken parts. It lets you get into something's mind well enough to gauge where they are thinking of moving for the next few seconds.
>>
No. 727305 ID: fba208
File 146483912969.png - (175.88KB , 1000x1000 , 57.png )
727305

>>727225

>>727226
>Can you explain how Crystal3Ds work?

Sure, I know plenty about that system. It's one of the most popular portable gaming systems currently being produced. I've looked into the technical details of it before. I'll assume that your interested in the 3d aspect, as that's what's most unique about this system. The screen uses a filter known as a parallax barrier. It projects one image to the right, and one to the left. The left and right image take up alternating vertical columns of pixels; so when they run through the parallax barrier, it causes the 3d effect. This all happens on a very minuscule level. It's a really fascinating design.

I've considered toying around with the design, maybe seeing where it could be improved. I haven't gotten around to it yet, as I've been working on other stuff.
>>
No. 727306 ID: 008615

Hmm so is tinkering with electronics a hobby of yours Logan? That actually might be a fairly useful skill on your quest, like hacking and riging up machines.

How are they doing over there by the way, any headway found?
>>
No. 727307 ID: 398fe1

Hmm, what about writing stuff on both the left and right pages?
>>
No. 727318 ID: b17b81

>Parallax
Yeah, it's real neat to not have to use a separate worn filter to get that 3d effect. Only issue is that it tends to cut screen resolution a decent bit.

Do you have a portable solar panel/handcrank for any electronics you're bringing with you? If not, you better charge before heading off. No clue how long the trip will take. What other survival gear are you taking with you? Speaking of, I remember Ann mentioning a weapon you were bringing over. Can you give us some deets?
>>
No. 727461 ID: fba208
File 146490378654.png - (84.27KB , 1000x1000 , 58.png )
727461

>>727305

>>727306
>Hmm so is tinkering with electronics a hobby of yours Logan? That actually might be a fairly useful skill on your quest, like hacking and riging up machines. How are they doing over there by the way, any headway found?

Err, thanks. I'm pretty good with technology. It's a hobby of mine. I guess it could be useful on our adventure. As for progress, Ann and Gina are still going at it.

>>727318
>Yeah, it's real neat to not have to use a separate worn filter to get that 3d effect. Only issue is that it tends to cut screen resolution a decent bit.

>Do you have a portable solar panel/handcrank for any electronics you're bringing with you? If not, you better charge before heading off. No clue how long the trip will take. What other survival gear are you taking with you? Speaking of, I remember Ann mentioning a weapon you were bringing over. Can you give us some deets?

Yeah, you're right about the resolution problem. It's one of the disadvantages to the 3d gimmick.

I have a few solar batteries that I'll be bringing along with me. They charge quickly, and can hold power well. The only downside is that they're bulky. I can live with that.

Ann's weapon is pretty cool. I designed it myself with her in mind. Actually, now would be a pretty good time to show it off.

Logan (Signing Words) "Gina, I'm going to show Ann her weapon."

Gina "Gotcha. Hey Ann, let's stop for a minute. Logan wants to show you your new weapon."

Ann "Great. I'm up for just about anything. I'm sure that whatever you've made will be wonderful."

Gina "This'll be my first time seeing it too. He's been hiding this thing for months. It'll be disappointing if it's just a sword or something."

Logan (Signing Words) "I hope you like it."
>>
No. 727597 ID: fba208
File 146498426537.png - (109.62KB , 1000x1000 , 59.png )
727597

>>727461

Logan (Speaking) "Hang on, I have to dig around a bit."

Logan spends a short amount of time digging around his pocket. Finally, he pulls out an object.
>>
No. 727600 ID: 35151f

>>727597
Laser pen? lawn dart? some kinda bomb?
...The suspense of waiting itself?
>>
No. 727608 ID: fba208
File 146498853146.png - (69.46KB , 1000x1000 , 60.png )
727608

>>727597

Logan (Speaking) "Here it is."

Ann "It's... A gun?"

Gina "Whoa! You've been designing a firearm? I'm pretty sure that that's illegal."

Logan hands the weapon off to Ann. She cautiously takes it.

Ann "Is this actually a revolver, or does it just look like one."

Logan "It's a bit more complex than that. I designed it to have far less problems then a normal revolver. Normal revolvers have stability issues, and commonly malfunction. I messed with the firing mechanisms and barrel to lower the chances of misfires. I mean, I already had to change the firing mechanism for the specialty ammo I wanted to implement. There were too many small moving parts at the start, which allowed for too many possible problems; so I replaced the traditional method with a much more modern method. I still kept the look of a revolver, as I remember you saying that you like them. The actual components resemble an automatic pistol far more than a revolver. It should feel a lot nicer that way. You wouldn't want to use a revolver without experience, it's much more difficult to handle. All of the modifications I've made should make firing it feel great.

Gina "Logan-"

Logan "The actual ammunition is quite fascinating. I realized that if I gave you nothing but standard bullets, then this would only be helpful in scenarios where you're shooting to kill. To increase the versatility, I came up with plenty of alternate types of projectiles.

Gina "Logan-"

Logan "The barrel can hold six different type of ammunition at once, so you could plan around whatever situation we're in. There are so many great strategic opportuniti-"

Gina "LOGAN!"
>>
No. 727610 ID: ef98fb

Add weapon-smithing to Logan's skill set. Just be careful with it bud, you have to respect a weapon otherwise bad things happen to good people. But while on the topic of arming, what have Ann and Gina decided to use as a weapon besides their powers?
>>
No. 727612 ID: 094652

@#$%ing awesome. Did you design it with a concealment method so you can smuggle it across the boarder? The guards at the gate probably won't like kids entering, let alone kids with guns.

Also, we need more guns.
>>
No. 727624 ID: 430103

While awesome that you apparently can make guns being a thing...
Gina seems to have an issue with this. I'm guessing she's disturbed about the whole gun thing, but let's see what she has to say before we get carried away with all the fun tricks you built into that thing.
>>
No. 727626 ID: fba208
File 146499695391.png - (132.04KB , 1000x1000 , 61.png )
727626

>>727608

Gina "Logan, volume control. You're getting too excited again. You need to calm down."
>>
No. 727627 ID: 094652

Oh, right. We're (usually) deaf on these connections. You weren't thinking LOUD so your mind text wasn't on caps lock.

More guns.
>>
No. 727629 ID: 398fe1

That's not fair, how come we can tell when Gina is shouting, but not when Logan is loud?
>>
No. 727630 ID: ef98fb

Hmm, actually Logan, Gina may have just given me an idea about your power! You say you can't control it very well but I think I have an idea as to how you can gain a much better control over it! It's clear that whenever you are excited your volume level rises, if you were calm on the other hand it would be very quiet or normal decibel levels. So in a combat situation where your very survival is at stake... Well.. You ever play the game Skyrim?

"FUS RO DAH!"
>>
No. 727672 ID: 79a07e

>>727630
It's less that, more he's Black Bolt, I think.
>>
No. 727826 ID: fba208
File 146508282977.gif - (69.86KB , 1000x1000 , 62.gif )
727826

>>727626

Oh.

I forgot about that.

I should stop talking now.
>>
No. 727829 ID: ef98fb

It's alright bud, if it's any consolation, your voice sounded just fine to us. Try to center yourself a bit though, my guess is when you get over-excited or scared your volume increases.

(By the way this is what I think Logan's voice sounds like: https://youtu.be/w0sTSy6UeFE)
>>
No. 728159 ID: fba208
File 146524313730.png - (161.58KB , 1000x1000 , 63.png )
728159

>>727826
>>
No. 728160 ID: fba208
File 146524316015.png - (102.13KB , 1000x1000 , 64.png )
728160

>>728159

Oh.
>>
No. 728161 ID: fba208
File 146524321184.gif - (72.85KB , 1000x1000 , 65.gif )
728161

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH...
>>
No. 728165 ID: 7e1ea2

>>728161
Yeeeeaahh... Shouting one's own lips apart can't exactly be pleasent...

Ann, did we switch back to you?
>>
No. 728168 ID: 8013df

Yeah. My nephew was born with a cleft palette. Luckily, we could pay for his surgery while he was still little, but other people aren't as lucky.
>>
No. 728303 ID: fba208
File 146532584493.png - (70.68KB , 1000x1000 , 66.png )
728303

>>728161

>>728165
>Yeeeeaahh... Shouting one's own lips apart can't exactly be pleasent...

>Ann, did we switch back to you?

Yeah, I can hear you. I've just had some pretty huge revelations. My mind's a bit rattled by all that.

>>728168
>Yeah. My nephew was born with a cleft palette. Luckily, we could pay for his surgery while he was still little, but other people aren't as lucky.

Well, technically it could have been something like that. I'm only assuming that his mouth was damaged by his power. It makes so much sense though. I can't think of a better explanation. That's why he doesn't speak often. That's why he has scars. They were caused by doctors stitching his mouth together. I think. I'll confront him about it sometime, but gently. I don't want to upset him, just get some answers.

Anyways, I should focus on this revolver he just gave me. It looks pretty cool. Honestly, this makes way more sense than if he gave me a sword or something. I've never wielded a sword, there's no way I'd be able to handle one competently. A gun though, that's within reason. I just need to get used to aiming this thing, and I'll be good to go. Also, I think he said something about specialty ammo? What was that about?

Ann "Hey Logan, what were you saying about specialty ammo before?"

Logan opens his mouth briefly, closes it, and then begins to sign words towards Gina. I guess it figures that he wouldn't want to speak again.

Gina "Uh, he says that he designed cartridges that fire things other than bullets. And, wait, repeat that... Okay, He'll write you a list of all the ones he's made."
>>
No. 728304 ID: 08ed3a

DON'T POINT IT AT ANYONE EVEN WHEN IT'S UNLOADED, but when you do, shoot to kill.
>>
No. 728317 ID: 9f3729

>>728304
Also practice trigger discipline. Fingers off the trigger until you are DEAD SURE you want what it's getting pointed at dead.
>>
No. 728335 ID: 93244f

>>728303
Logan:
"No, the scars are from something... else. It's not a happy story. If it's alright with you, I'd rather not retell it right now. "
>>
No. 728489 ID: fba208
File 146541636137.png - (83.91KB , 1000x1000 , 67.png )
728489

>>728303

>>728304
>DON'T POINT IT AT ANYONE EVEN WHEN IT'S UNLOADED, but when you do, shoot to kill.

Don't worry, I understand the dangers of firearms.


Logan hands me the list of ammunition types.

Fire
Shock
Oil
Blunt
Piercing
Water
Blank
Gas
Sleep
Gust


Ann "Hmm, alright. I understand most of these. The three that are stumping me are blunt, piercing, sleep, and gust. Mind explaining those a bit further?"

Logan waves his arms around. You understand a few simple words, but can't grasp the general statement.

Gina "Blunt shots fire out larger slower pellets. They're non-lethal, but could easily bruise. If it hits a vital point, it could possibly break a bone or hurt an organ."

Gina "Piercing shots are regular bullets. They easily puncture flesh and organs. They'd likely get stuck in bone. These shots are incredibly lethal, and should be handled with extreme caution."

Ann "Why aren't they just called bullets?"

Gina (Totally ignoring Logan) "Because piercing shot sounds way cooler than bullet."

Ann "That's true."

Gina "Alright, sleep shots. It shoots a small canister that releases an incapacitating agent. A.k.a, sleeping gas. Now, the size of the canister limits the amount that it can hold. Each one can only fill a space of fifteen cubic meters. It would take about three of them to fill an average bedroom. The gas releases at a rate of about- No, Logan, you're getting too technical. Stick to the big picture."

Gina "Alright, gust shots are really simple. Instead of a bullet, it fires a great amount of air. You have to be careful with this one, as whatever hand you hold the gun with will receive a great deal of force. Logan recommends using two hands for this type. It has about... Logan she won't understand how powerful that is... Well then make an analogy or something. Yeah, that's perfect. It's strong enough to push a two-hundred pound man back fifty meters in five seconds."

Ann "That sounds strong. Is it lethal?"

Gina "Nope, not concentrated enough to be. Unless you held the gun right up against something. In that scenario, you might kill someone."

Ann "Alright, I think that I understand."

Any questions from the voices?
>>
No. 728490 ID: 9f3729

>>728489
if we point the gust round at the ground can we use it for a doublejump
>>
No. 728491 ID: 93244f

>>728490
Seconding this question
>>
No. 728502 ID: 430103

Double jumping, or more accurately, multi-jumping...It seems plausible, but very risky and difficult to pull off properly, since you'd not be say, having temporary platforms to jump off of, but more just kinda blasting yourself in various directions via explosive shockwave...
Actually, given the potential to kill if done too close to the target, that might be what happens. Too much force and you just ragdoll yourself.
>>
No. 728514 ID: fba208
File 146542860317.png - (110.05KB , 1000x1000 , 68.png )
728514

>>728489

>>728490
>if we point the gust round at the ground can we use it for a doublejump

Interesting question.

Ann "Alright, question from the voices. If I were to point it downwards in the air, could I potentially preform a double jump?"

Logan begins to make motions, but stops. He ponders something, and then begins to speak.

Logan "It... Is potentially plausible. I wouldn't recommend it. It would be easy to launch yourself in the wrong direction. Also, the knock-back could mess up your arm. It would be safer, and more accurate to use it at the start of your jump. It would allow for better control that way."

Ann "That makes sense. Thank you."

The man has spoken.
>>
No. 728526 ID: 9f3729

Nice. So, uh
what now?
Adventure start?
>>
No. 728556 ID: 813bc6

Also of note, get your ass some earplugs, both for the gun, and for your friend's power, just in case. Also, Always hold it with both hands whenever possible (the gun I mean) AT very least until you get used to the kick It gives.
>>
No. 728560 ID: c8b820

>The three that are stumping me are blunt, piercing, sleep, and gust.
Okay, this is sort of late, but can Ann count? Should we be concerned?
>>
No. 728608 ID: fba208
File 146550392539.png - (125.00KB , 1000x1000 , 69.png )
728608

>>728514

>>728560
>"The three that are stumping me are blunt, piercing, sleep, and gust."

>Okay, this is sort of late, but can Ann count? Should we be concerned?

Yeah, I realized my mistake there. I had only thought of the first three, but I decided to ask about gust halfway through the sentence. It was a simple slip up.

*SLAM*

That sounded like the front door. That can only mean one thing.

Dad "Ann, I'm home. Are you and your friends here?"

Yep. Dad's home.

Ann "Yes, we're in the living room."
>>
No. 728722 ID: 094652

You didn't tell him, did you?
>>
No. 728730 ID: 2f5847

Maybe put the gun somewhere not immediately obvious.

Like back in Logan's pants. No one would think to look there!
>>
No. 728731 ID: 7e1ea2

Does your dad know about the journey you are about to take, or the fact you have a firearm in the house?
>>
No. 728733 ID: fba208
File 146558549804.png - (86.76KB , 1000x1000 , 70.png )
728733

>>728608

>>728731
>Does your dad know about the journey you are about to take, or the fact you have a firearm in the house?

Of course I told my dad about our quest. I can't just disappear for up to a year without telling him. That would be rude, and almost impossible. I told you before, my dad has the ability to see through lies. If I tried to withhold information from him, he'd know. Admittedly, I might be overestimating his power. I have a very honest relationship with my father, so I rarely fib around him. The gun might surprise him a bit, but I don't think he'll object to it.

Mr. Pepper "Hey there kids. How are you all doing?"

Gina "We're fine Mr. P. Just getting ourselves ready to head out."

Ann "Yep. We've played some games, tested out a few more ideas regarding my power, and now I have a gun."

I hold the revolver up so that he can see it. I'm extremely careful not to point it at anyone, or touch the trigger.

Mr. Pepper "Where did you get a revolver? Oh! Wait, is that the weapon Logan was making for you?"

Ann "Right on the money."

Mr. Pepper "As always."

Ann "What are you talking about? You're right about random things maybe five percent of the time."

Mr. Pepper "I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing but fact leaves my mouth."

Ann "All lies. You tell horrible lies."

Mr. Pepper "Perish the thought."

Ann "Not until you discard your facade of honesty."

Mr. Pepper "Never! My fibs shall remain in the shadows for eternity."

Ann "Aha! So you admit that you have fibs?"

Mr. Pepper "Ack! I've found myself tangled in my own words. You've caught me."

Ann "Is it a surprise? Liars like you shall always be brought to justice."

Mr. Pepper "Nooooooooooo."
>>
No. 728734 ID: 094652

Seriously? Sargent Pepper?

At this rate, I'm even more worried about what your mom is like.

Ask your dad if he has recommended supplies or survival tips. You should also go to the store and buy survival gear while you still can.
>>
No. 728738 ID: 08ed3a

Cute. So any idea when you want to hit the road? Oh real quick though did you have any ideas about your book? I'm sure we can experiment on the road of course.
>>
No. 728784 ID: 93244f

Before you leave, bring a lighter. Or multiple lighters. Fire is always useful.
>>
No. 728912 ID: fba208
File 146567175201.png - (142.09KB , 1000x1000 , 71.png )
728912

>>728733

Ann "Heh, alright. Enough messing around. Time to get serious."

Mr. Pepper "Indeed. Do you have everything you'll need for your trip?"

>>728784
>Before you leave, bring a lighter. Or multiple lighters. Fire is always useful.

Don't worry, I have one in my bag.

>>728734
>Ask your dad if he has recommended supplies or survival tips. You should also go to the store and buy survival gear while you still can.

I already have. My bag is packed, and ready to go.

Ann "Yeah, I have everything I need."

Mr. Pepper "I don't see your bag anywhere. Is it still in your room?"

Ann "No, Logan has it."

Mr. Pepper "..."

Mr. Pepper "Please elaborate."

Ann "All of our stuff is in Logan's bedroom. We're going to collect it when we reach the gate."

Mr. Pepper "Is this something you can demonstrate quickly?"

Gina "No problem, right Logan."

Logan nods his head
>>
No. 728913 ID: fba208
File 146567193666.png - (30.85KB , 500x500 , Whoopsie.png )
728913

(Sorry guys. My PC has been having issues today, so I won't be able to finish the next post today. I'll update again on Monday if everything is fixed. If there are any complications, then I'll let you know.)
>>
No. 729420 ID: fba208
File 146583774576.png - (93.16KB , 1000x1000 , 72.png )
729420

>>728912

Logan reaches deep into his pocket, and pulls out a briefcase.

Logan "My pocket has a portal woven into it."

Mr. Pepper "A pocket portal... Did Franklin help you out with that?"

Gina "Yeah, he asked my dad for help. Logan ran a bunch of tests on his portals until you figured out how to replicate them."

Logan "I managed to make a stable connection between two points. It was... tough."

Let me fill you guys in. Gina's dad has the power to open up holes in space. I don't know exactly how it works, but its basically a portal. He works as a fireman, and specializes in rescue. He has one of the most useful powers that I've ever seen.

Logan showed me his replication of Mr. Cortez's power a few months ago. It involves two stable creation fields to give it form, some excessive limiters to keep it constrained, a few computer chips running data through each field to establish a connection, and a lot of energy. His portable portal doesn't use as much, as it's smaller. The other one is in his room. It is hooked up to a generator. All of our stuff is laying in his room at the moment. We'll take it out before we head to the next tier.

Mr. Pepper "Just out of curiosity, would you be able to use that to return to Earth if you felt like it?"

Logan "I don't plan on attempting that. The excessive distance increases the chance of failure between the two gates. If anything went through when the connection was unstable, they could end up anywhere in-between the two points. Plus, without Mr. Cortez on standby, there are greater chances of the whole thing destabilizing."

Gina "Yeah, that's not a huge issue right now; as we could call dad if anything came up. Are phones won't work over there though, so it wouldn't be possible."

Mr. Pepper "Ah, I see."

It seems like everyone's ready to head out. Anything you guys want to say or do before we leave?
>>
No. 729540 ID: 094652

Yes. Leave. Before your fear glues you to the couch.

If you do the song, I will turn up the yapping.
>>
No. 729547 ID: 9d2fbb

Time to roll out!
>>
No. 729553 ID: 79a07e

>>729420
Nothin' I can think of. Let's rock n' roll!
>>
No. 729575 ID: 9f3729

>>729420
Hug dad, promise to stay safe, and then promptly do exactly the opposite of staying safe
>>
No. 729640 ID: fba208
File 146593397929.png - (60.65KB , 1000x1000 , 73.png )
729640

>>729420

(I refuse to put any effort into this fucking car. Fuck you automobile. Fuck your complex parts that I don't wish to draw for this quick transition scene.)

>>729547
>Time to roll out!

Ann "Alright, are you guys ready to go?"

Gina "Yeah. We should probably start walking. It'll be getting dark soon."

Mr. Pepper "Why don't I just drive you over?"

Ann "Oh, you don't have to do that dad. It's not far away."

Mr. Pepper "I insist. It'll be much faster."

Ann "Well, okay then. Let's go."

Everyone gets into dad's car. He begins driving down the city road. There were many empty houses along the way. Most people wanted to get away from the portal as fast as possible. My dad was one of the few who stayed. The neighborhood is quiet, at the expense of being labeled a ghost town.
>>
No. 729712 ID: 094652

Has any megacorporation purchased the land surrounding the portal?

How about street hoodlums? Any large-scale graffiti?

I spy with my little eye, etc.
>>
No. 729799 ID: fba208
File 146602879581.png - (86.68KB , 1000x1000 , 74.png )
729799

>>729640

>>729712
>Has any megacorporation purchased the land surrounding the portal? How about street hoodlums? Any large-scale graffiti?

To my knowledge, most of these houses have no owners. I don't think that any corporations have purchased them, and I don't know why they would. As for graffiti, there definitely is a decent amount. It's not too bad in terms of content, but it definitely depreciates the value of this area's houses.

The car comes to a stop. The gate is in sight. We all exit the vehicle.

Ann "Thanks for the ride dad."

Mr. Pepper "No problemo kid."

My dad pulls me into a hug.

Mr. Pepper "Hey, promise me you'll stay safe out there?"

Ann "Yeah dad, don't worry."

Mr. Pepper "You'd better. Seriously, when all of this is done, I expect you to come home."

Ann "You know I will."

Mr. Pepper "We'll celebrate. I'll bring home some nice food. We can play games together. I'll invite your friends' parents over to join us-"

Ann "Dad, will... Are you going to be okay?"

He's silent for a moment. He tightens his grip around me. Quietly, he speaks.

Mr. Pepper "...Please come back."

Ann "I will... I promise."
>>
No. 729804 ID: 25433a

D'aaawwwwww. Alright guys, LETS DO THIS THING!
>>
No. 729805 ID: 25433a

D'aaawwwwww. Alright guys, LETS DO THIS THING!
>>
No. 729825 ID: 2f5847

That's sweet as hell, yo.
>>
No. 729839 ID: fba208
File 146603841965.png - (93.29KB , 1000x1000 , 75.png )
729839

>>729799

Dad let's go of me, and grabs something from the car. He extends a letter in my direction.

Mr. Pepper "Here, this is for you."

I take it from his hand, and begin to open it.

Mr. Pepper "Ah, don't open it yet. Save it for a bad day. It's supposed to be a pick-me-up. A little motivation."

Ann "Thanks dad."

We share one more brief hug. Then, he steps inside his car and drives away.
>>
No. 729872 ID: f457da

Look at portal <Enter>
>>
No. 729949 ID: 79a07e

Alright. Deep breath, no looking back, no second thoughts.

Let's rock this thing. Round 1, here we go.
>>
No. 729952 ID: 9f3729

Do a flying cartwheel into that shit, get this on the road already!
>>
No. 729954 ID: 25433a

Stand together as a team, and go through in a badass way, an awesome one liner would work too, for example: https://youtu.be/AzT4G9W1lfI
>>
No. 730024 ID: fba208
File 146611660231.png - (301.65KB , 1000x1000 , 76.png )
730024

>>729839

>>729872
>Look at portal <Enter>

We get our bags from Logan, and stare at the portal.

Gina "So, it's time to head out I guess."

Ann "Yep."

We all stand there in silence for a minute. The portal produces a somewhat quiet ambience.

Ann "Do you guys think we can handle whatever's on the other side of this gate will throw at us?"

Logan shrugs his shoulders.

Logan "Maybe?"

Gina "Eh, look at it like this. In a years time, we're all dead. If we don't act now, then this is a fact. Maybe we specifically won't be able to stop the witch, but we have to try don't we? We have to give it our best shot before we can resign to an inevitable fate. Even if we get ourselves killed just by going through this thing; wouldn't it be better dying for a cause, rather than with our spirits broken next year?"

Ann "Yeah, you're right Gina. We can't just do nothing."

Logan "This gate might kill us, but it could just as easily not do that. Who's to say?"

Gina "Yeah, that's almost uplifting. Maybe death, but maybe not. Are you guys ready?"

Ann "Yeah. I am."

Logan nods his head.
>>
No. 730033 ID: 9f3729

>>730024
remove shirt, whip it about screaming WOO WOO WOO as you moonwalk in.
Enter with STYLE.
>>
No. 730034 ID: 08ed3a

Let's rock, baby!
>>
No. 730041 ID: 430103

WAIT!
If you're worried about the gate, throw the book in first, then try to resummon it!
If it works and the book comes back whole then fine, but if the book ends up damaged somehow? Examine the damage and see what's waiting on the other side.
>>
No. 730045 ID: 398fe1

>>730041
The book is indestructible.
>>
No. 730217 ID: 79a07e

>>730024
C'mooooon we hyped, we eager, It'S SHOWTIME!
>>
No. 730258 ID: fba208
File 146620207389.png - (199.18KB , 1800x1000 , 77.png )
730258

>>730024

>>729954
>>730034
>>730217


Ann "Let's rock, baby!"
>>
No. 730260 ID: fba208
File 146620294763.gif - (13.08KB , 1000x1000 , 78.gif )
730260

END OF CHAPTER 1

(This is the end of this thread. We shall meet again in the next.)
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password