[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 805885)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149662111632.png - (64.37KB , 1100x900 , 1.png )
805885 No. 805885 ID: 65a774

Because the original quest tripped on a cable and tumbled away from my original idea.
So let’s try this one more time…

Expand all images
>>
No. 805886 ID: 65a774
File 149662112787.png - (92.04KB , 900x450 , 2.png )
805886

Welcome to New Horizon, the space station for all species.

We at Tatius Off-World Habitats are grateful that you’ve chosen our services to find the right home for just you here on the space station New Horizon. Please fill out the following form so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible. Help us help you.

Question 1; What species are you:

A) Vark: Humanoid Avians. Have feathers in all the right places.

B) Sakkil: Humanoid Lizards. Scaly and sharp toothed.

C) Serpent: Humanoid Snakes. Lacks mouths but makes it up with a weak telepathy.
>>
No. 805887 ID: 7018cd

Sakkil.
>>
No. 805893 ID: 3abd97

>>805886
Birdtits.
>>
No. 805894 ID: a363ac

>>805886
C
>>
No. 805903 ID: 4854ef

Serpent!
>>
No. 805904 ID: be0718

SssC. Where are all the humans, and how come we all compare ourssselves to them? That'sss speciesist.
>>
No. 805906 ID: fc33ea

Space lizard. not even a humanoid one, if possible
>>
No. 805907 ID: 3ce125

>>805886
I'm really digging that new Serpent design.
>>
No. 805910 ID: 3373e2

Serpent
>>
No. 805914 ID: e298ee

Serpent
>>
No. 805915 ID: f21521

>Not having Cibic as an option.
You call this a reboot?
>>
No. 805919 ID: ba506f

C)
because I'm loving the new design
>>
No. 805920 ID: 173b46

>>805915
Cibic or riot!
>>
No. 805923 ID: 91ee5f

>>805886
Serpent
>>
No. 805981 ID: 7d88bd

Serpent
>>
No. 805984 ID: af6e04

Serpent
>>
No. 806018 ID: 65a774
File 149665970841.png - (76.45KB , 900x450 , 3.png )
806018

>Where are all the humans?
Humans are rare beyond human controlled space, as large majorities of them do not have the income to go off-planet.
>and how come we all compare ourssselves to them?
Species usually compare others to themselves and their languages evolve to compensate for that. Thus, as you are currently reading this in Human Common for some reason…
>That'sss speciesist.
Sssnake talk is even more speciesist, you cur.
>Cibic or riot!
Riots are strictly prohibitive… especially from officers of the law.
>Birdtits!
Please fill in any cybernetic / biological enchantments under the proper question.

>Serpent.
You are apparently a telepathic space snake.

Question 2; Which biological gender are you:

A) Male: you have a dick (Duh).

B) Ovale: You have an ovipositor and lay eggs in others (Usually females).

C) Female: You are an incubator for eggs to be fertilized and grown in.
Note: Clothes and cybernetics will change from those shown.
>>
No. 806019 ID: ba506f

B) Ovale
>>
No. 806020 ID: d1e3de

B) Digging that hood.
>>
No. 806022 ID: 4854ef

A: The rare and elusive male protagonist, virtually unknown by the Cacti Gods and other such things.
>>
No. 806030 ID: 91ee5f

>>806018
>Cibic or riot!
>Riots are strictly prohibitive… especially from officers of the law.
Are you implying that Cibics are cops? Does that mean we'll have a chance to see our previous character, Song of the Journey, make a cameo appearance?

>Gender?
B) Ovale
>>
No. 806031 ID: 8d65de

Let's try a for once
>>
No. 806033 ID: be0718

What? Aww, no hood. C.
>>
No. 806034 ID: f562b1

>>806020
>>806033
We may be able to customize a bit afterwards. That's what Kaktus usually does.

A. Male
So far our male heroes are either a ghost or a demon.
>>
No. 806039 ID: ca5b6a

A
>>
No. 806040 ID: fc33ea

Replicant!

a dude one.
>>
No. 806043 ID: b7f932

>>806018
A. Male
>>
No. 806045 ID: d63ea8

>>806018
Male
>>
No. 806060 ID: fe7355

B) Ovale. Let's try out something different and interesting that we may not get to choose again. Plus, I like the hood.

>>806030
Probably it means that our protagonist is a officer of the law.

>>806022
>The rare and elusive male protagonist, virtually unknown by the Cacti Gods and other such things.
>>806022
>Let's try a for once
Except that male (or having male parts) protags haven't been rare in Kaktus' quests. We've had male (or hermaphrodite) protags in the last six quests. And when we had the choice of the protagonist's sex we chose three male (in a row) and one herm. In Rust, Unbroken, and Numb we chose male, and in the previous Will We Dream we chose a Cibic, who are hermaphrodites. So male protags haven't in any way been rare.

>>806034
>So far our male heroes are either a ghost or a demon.
Don't forget Jericho, our male lizard mummy from Rust, and that our protagonists in Strange Bedfellows and Boldly Coming are male as well. So we've actually had more male protags than non-male in Kaktus' quests.
>>
No. 806061 ID: 3ce125

B. Because I'm curious as to what an Ovale's gender roles would be. Female-ish? Male-ish? Or a mix? Or something different altogether?
>>
No. 806062 ID: 91ee5f

>>806060
Yep, we've had plenty of men, alright.
>>
No. 806068 ID: f562b1

>>806060
>Don't forget Jericho, our male lizard mummy from Rust,
Not really much different,
>our protagonists in Strange Bedfellows and Boldly Coming are male as well.
but I'll count those. Alright, changing from a male vote to an ovale one. I'll leave some further comments on MCs in the discus.
>>
No. 806078 ID: 65a774
File 149669283998.png - (12.88KB , 900x450 , 4.png )
806078

>Replicant!
The existence of Replicant is a myth and nothing more. Any further digging on the subject will be answered by legal action from Sol Corp. Replicant Creation Division.

>B) Digging that hood.
Congratulations! You now have an OVIPOSITOR! Use is wisely in your travels to come. (You also have one of those really neat viper hood things as Ovale, so that’s nice too, I guess?)

Question 3; What is your occupation:
Peace keeper (Investigator rank).

Question 4; Former home(s):
Planet Roon, Azilla isles.

Question 5; What is the main reason for you moving here:
Working opportunities (Promotion).

Question 5; Traditional Serpent water tank bed or Dry land bed:
Traditional water tank.

Question 6; Any special diets (Ex: Vegan or gluten free):
None.

Question 7; Please write down any (non-base) cyber / biological augmentations:

Note:
Popular cybernetic enchantments includes: Eyes, arms, hands, legs, lower bodies, tails, lungs and other important organs.

Popular biological enchantments includes: Alien body parts (Human / avian females’ chests, tails, ears, hair, eyes, sexual organs) or enchanted body parts (eyes, ears, arms, legs, tails, sexual organs or other important organs.)

Authors note: This will mostly be visual and fluff changes, so please don’t try to min / max or go overboard with the augmentations.
Note 2: Cybernetic shown are not final. There are other models / these models might not be used.

>>
No. 806079 ID: fc33ea

No mechanical bits. It's a religious thing.
>>
No. 806084 ID: 91ee5f

>>806078
>dat ass was fat
Uhhhhh.....ok? That's a weird option to choose for biological enhancement. I guess we can do that if we're looking for someone that's into that.

>cybernetic enhancements
Can we have an extra set of arms? We could have 4 arms, which'll come in handy! They'll be great for giving hugs and beating up criminals!
>>
No. 806086 ID: 91ee5f

>>806084
We'll also be able to use 4 one handed weapons or 2 two handed weapons!
>>
No. 806092 ID: f562b1

>>806084
I imagine that's in line with "Maxing," going overboard. I kind of doubt even a Serpens mind is good at handling multiple limbs anyways, which would likely limit it to simple 2-pronged clasper arms.
That said, clasper arms would be cool.

>>806079
<Yes, death to those of steel and iron! We purists of flesh are the rightful inheritors of the universe!>

Let's go for a patch of feather hair. Be the feathered boa!
>>
No. 806093 ID: f21521

Make the inside of our hood some sort of heat conductor that lets us see in infrared.
>>
No. 806094 ID: fc33ea

>>806092
I was more thinking "the creator made you perfect/ this way for a reason, don't interfere in his design" or "you can't take it with you", but whatever puts butts in pews I guess.
>>
No. 806095 ID: f21521

Also, a bigger "butt" would be nice.
>>
No. 806097 ID: 9dcc8f

Get a second pair of arms. Why did we get a second pair of arms you ask? Because two pair of hands weren't enough
>>
No. 806098 ID: 173b46

>>806093
This. Make the tan part silver, too.

I like big butts and I can not lie.

No hair, though.
>>
No. 806099 ID: 753170

>>806095
How about it's a butt that can change shape? Can shorten it to get around non-Serpent places easier and stretch it out to do snake things.

Spinal enhancement that lets you roll up in a hoop and GOFAST.
>>
No. 806104 ID: f562b1

>>806094
I thought as much, but I couldn't help but make a reference to the Purists from Transmachina.
>>
No. 806122 ID: 3373e2

Can we get some type of poison/medicine injector in the Robotic Tail?
>>
No. 806123 ID: 91ee5f

>>806084
You know, after thinking about it for a while, I changed my mind. It's not weird at all! So let's get the fat ass and become a thicc Ovale!
>>
No. 806124 ID: 3373e2

Thicc Tail Please.
>>
No. 806125 ID: 3ce125

>>806078
What would Avian feathers look like on a Serpent?
>>
No. 806141 ID: 972708

Lets get nauatl in here, Avian feathers on chest, tail and around the hood. The Quetzalcoatl look its so hot right now!
>>
No. 806184 ID: a73157

THREE pairs of breasts.
>>
No. 806185 ID: be0718

Biological: Snektits.

Cybernetic: SKULGUN.
>>
No. 806189 ID: f562b1

>>806141
Oh damn, I was just thinking of it like hair, but that sounds even more impressive.
>>
No. 806232 ID: a48765

Peacekeeper? If you're going to be facing some of the nasties of the station or some unwelcome guests, some combat augs would do you well.

A few ideas:

Scale Plating/Reinforcement: Increase the hardiness to many attacks with a subdermal layer of hardened biomaterial. Or overlapping nanoceramic plates, but I imagine the former would be less noticeable.

Pain Ward: While I'm sure many drugs and neurological modifications will decrease or eliminate the sensation of pain but I imagine that reduces your tactile sensitivity and the awareness of the extent of injuries. Instead, a modification that reroutes and dulls pain down different, less distracting neural pathways. So, you get shot in the shoulder, there's a slight taste of oranges in your mouth. This makes you significantly harder to put down/stun, with still being aware of your injuries, albeit in roundabout fashion. And I guess you can find out what it smells like to get shanked in the stomach?

Muscle Enhanecment: Have your muscles treated in a biovat, integrating cultured muscle cables to add more brute strength, and enhancing existing muscle fiber elasticity, leading to superior flexibility and muscle tension. Why work out when you can grow your muscles by being lazy? Or I guess make your good muscles even better, if you're into the whole 'hard work' deal.

Retractable Ballistic-Grade Eye Protectors: I never asked for this

Skeletal Density Upgrade w/Alloy Lattice: Increase bone density and tensile strength with molecular alterations and lattice structures of different bioceramics/allows/whateverspaceagematerialexists. This makes your bones more durable, and allows you to support more weight, internal or external. I guess you can punch things with relative impunity as well. And do more damage.

Reaction Booster: Replace and enhance select parts of spinal cord, with some adrenal stimulators and superconducting material, while increasing the nerve cells already present there, allowing for faster travel of an increased amount of information, making you perceive the world in a more lethargic cadance. AKA Bullet time.

I guess that's all I got.

...did I think too hard about this? I think I thought too hard about this.
>>
No. 806245 ID: 3e8031

>>806184
I'll second this. Or at least 2 pair to match a sweet 4 arm job. Maybe some additional alien compatible sex organs for, science._.
>>
No. 806264 ID: fe7355

Bio-enhanced musculature with increased base density, size and efficiency, along with the enhanced and augmented skeletal structure, joints, ligaments, respiratory and cardiovascular systems needed to support that enhanced musculature without breaking bones or passing out. Provides greatly increased strength, durability and endurance. Good for a Peacekeeper, who may need to carry incapacitated citizens out of harms way or chase down and wrestle cyber-augmented perps into submission.

Unfortunately, the increased muscle and bone density of these enhancements results in a severe loss of buoyancy. Those with them end up sinking like a stone (or Sakkilian) in water. To restore buoyancy and swimming capability to acceptably Serpent levels in this case the option to add a layer of modified adipose tissue was chosen. This tissue is less dense than normal adipose tissue and thus more buoyant, but with how dense and heavy the other enhancements are it requires a quite physically noticeable volume of this tissue to counter. (And gives in-world justification for her to be "thicc.")

Additionally, various bio and cybernetic enhancements to the digestive system have been installed to improve its speed and efficiency. This is to help keep up with the large nutrition requirements of the musculature and cardiovascular enhancements needed for operation at peak capabilities. (Which means she gets really hungry after seriously exerting herself and has a higher base food requirement.)

A combination of bio- and cyber-enhancements to the ovipositor and reproductive organs grant the following sexual capabilities: Direct control of egg release, including indefinite delay; Very short refractory period; Accelerated growth of unfertilized eggs; Near-instant generation of "fake" artificial eggs from regenerative bio-reservoir; Enlarged egg sac; Unlimited lubricant production.

A pair of glassy black, gem-like cybernetic eyes installed in the back of the hood, hidden in the "eyes" of a cobra hood pattern of tattoos and metal inlays. Coupled with a cybernetic visual processor provides 360 degree vision. (Literal eyes in the back of the head. Just what a police officer wants.)

And was the species name changed from "Serpens" to "Serpent" or was that a typo?
>>
No. 806309 ID: 65a774
File 149677084778.png - (9.23KB , 900x450 , 5.png )
806309

>It's a religious thing.
Like most of your species, you’re as religious as a rock.
>Spinal enhancement that lets you roll up in a hoop and GOFAST.
Sadly, morph ball technology has yet been invented… mostly because the science team has vapor for brains and can’t think of anything but TUBES!
>Cybernetic: SKULGUN.
Unauthorized weapons are strictly prohibitive!
>I never asked for this.
And I never asked for all these cyberpunk references either…
>THREE pairs of breasts.
Do you mean 3 sets with 2 breasts each or 1 set of 3 breasts in a row (Like a Martian hooker)?
>Beating up criminals!
You’re an investigator, you investigate crimes. Leave the senseless beating to the enforcers.

>Muscle Enhancement, Pain Ward, Skeletal Density Upgrade, Reaction Booster, various bio and cybernetic enhancements to the digestive system, respiratory and cardiovascular systems…
All Civilan and Peacekeeper baseline enhancements are already accounted for. You are harder, better, faster and stronger than most, both physically and mentally. You have almost perfect digestive system as well as improved organ quality across the board.
>Also, a bigger "butt" would be nice. I like big butts and I cannot lie. Let's get the fat ass and become a thicc Ovale! Thicc Tail Please.
Somehow, as a snake, you have hips that put most two legged creatures to shame.
>Bio- and cyber-enhancements to the ovipositor and reproductive organs. Direct control of egg release, including indefinite delay; Very short refractory period; Accelerated growth of unfertilized eggs; Near-instant generation of "fake" artificial eggs from regenerative bio-reservoir; Enlarged egg sac; Unlimited lubricant production.
Your reproduction organ is perfected for its task… to please any lady or man. Please handle that weapon of ass-destruction with care…


>Bio-cybernetic enhanced augmentation ca-OUTOFBOUNDSERROR [NULL pointer exeption:e0048892]
We are sorry, but there seems to have been some problems with your selection of enhancements and augmentations. We were unable to properly compute your choices… please choose from the options below the augmentations you have:

A) Hood recoloring: Yes / No (Other colors can be suggested)

B) Biological: Snektits: Yes / FUCK YES! / No

C) Do you have a pair of extra, deployable mechanical arms(Doc. Oct style)? (Yes / no)

-The Quetzalcoatl look-
D) Feathered Tail: (Version 1 or 2) Yes / No (Other colors can be suggested)
E) Feathered hood: Yes / No (Other colors can be suggested)

Sorry guys, but actually having 4 real arms was too much work with the sprites / drawings… same with mutli-breasts.
>>
No. 806310 ID: be0718

A: Green.
B: FUCK YES
C: Yes to deployable arms. We're the handiest legless motherfucker around.
D/E: No. You'd look like a silly fish.
>>
No. 806311 ID: a73157

A/E: Yes, silver
B: FUCK YES
C:No, too OP
D:No

>Do you mean 3 sets with 2 breasts each or 1 set of 3 breasts in a row (Like a Martian hooker)?
3 sets with 2 breasts each. the lower sets get progressively smaller.
>>
No. 806313 ID: fc33ea

Yes to c only.
>>
No. 806317 ID: 91ee5f

>>806309
>Do you mean 3 sets with 2 breasts each or 1 set of 3 breasts in a row (Like a Martian hooker)?
Let's not do that, that'll be weird.

>Somehow, as a snake, you have hips that put most two legged creatures to shame.
In your face, 2 leggers! XD

>Choices.
A) Hood recoloring: Yes: Green (To match our eyes).

B) Biological: Snektits: FUCK YES! (Normal 1 set of 2 breasts).

C) Extra arms: Yes.

D) Feathered Tail: Yes: Version 1: Red (Perfect for fanning ourselves when the AC is broken and/or tickle fights and/or drawing attention to our thiccness).

E) Feathered hood: No.
>>
No. 806318 ID: b17cc1

>>806310
In full agreement here, exept for the hood colour, which should be red.
>>
No. 806319 ID: f21521

>>806309
A. Silver
B. No
C. Fuck No
D. Style 1, silver
E. Silver
>>
No. 806321 ID: ba506f

>A) Hood recoloring:
Yes, green

>B) Biological: Snektits:
Yes

>C) Do you have a pair of extra, deployable mechanical arms(Doc. Oct style)?
no

>D) Feathered Tail:
Version 1, Yes, green
touch fluffy tail

>E) Feathered hood:
No
we already have the cobra hood, the feathers seem like a bit much
>>
No. 806329 ID: a48765

A) Silver sounds ballin... Platinum option mayhaps?
B) Sure why not
C) The flesh is weak, replace it! Get them mechanical arms. Any heavy-duty versions that are more obvious but have greater strength and lifting capability?
D) Sure. No preference to the color.
E) As above
>>
No. 806334 ID: 3ce125

>>806309
A: Silver.
B: no.
C: isn't this going to affect our capabilities?
D,E: No, that looks silly. I was thinking more of a full-body short feathers thing. Like a Serpent-shaped Avian.
>>
No. 806345 ID: 3e8031

A eh blue in nice
B fuck yes 3 or 4 even
D Maybe a more natural look with hidden compartments
D type 2 any color ok
E looks a bit to gaudy.
>>
No. 806375 ID: fe7355

A) No. (The regular yellow hood looks nice against her blue skin. Also, if it's changed it won't match the coloration of the front of her neck and chest and that'll look odd.)

B) FUCK YES! (She already had the hips that put most two legged creatures to shame, so she decided to get a chest that put most of them to shame as well.)

C) Yes. (A Peacekeeper special model with mounting points for miniaturized "sleeper" gun and stun rod modules. Includes upgraded tracking and targeting processor and software package to handle automatically aiming them without needing the officer's attention.)

D) No. (That thicc tail looks so good on its own that adding ostentatious feathers would only detract. Also, feathers would preclude using the tail for sex acts.)

F) No. (It looks goofy as hell with feathers sticking out there.)
>>
No. 806384 ID: 3373e2

A: Silver or Green
B: FUCK YES.
C: No.
D: See Answer C.
E: See Answer C.
>>
No. 806387 ID: 173b46

A. Silver
B. No
C. No
D. No
E. No
>>
No. 806388 ID: 65a774
File 149679177069.png - (103.65KB , 900x450 , 6.png )
806388

Total: 13
Threshold: 6
A. 11
B. 9
C. 7
D. 5 (Failed)
E. 3 (Failed)

Boobs Installed.
No feathers this time it seems.
Mechanical arms pending… please wait…
Proceeding with recolor…
Drawing character models…

Please choose which one of these three that depicts you.
…also, we’ve detected that you’re filling out this form too slowly… please proceed to the next question while you ponder this one.

Question 8; Do you prefer same species relationships, different species relationship or both:
Both are fine.

Question 9; Whom are you attracted to? Male, Female and / or Ovales:
Male and Females.

Question 9B; …which one do you prefer more? Male or Female:


(…is it just you or are these questions getting rather personal? Still, you better answer… and choose a color for your hood.)
>>
No. 806399 ID: ba506f

>>806388
liking the silver

>is it just you or are these questions getting rather personal?
yes
Also female
>>
No. 806400 ID: 3ce125

>>806388
Might need to adjust that trenchcoat so it isn't hugging your boobs weirdly.

Silver.

Uh, females, because of the biological urges thing.
>>
No. 806403 ID: 51b8ec

Leftmost hood color.

8) Same-species only.
9) Males and Females.
9b) Males.
>>
No. 806405 ID: fc33ea

Uh, serpents don't exactly discriminate that way because of the unique reproductive system, and other species have really weak sexual dimorphism, so it really doesn't apply.

stick with the vanilla hood.
>>
No. 806411 ID: 3373e2

Gotta have that Silver Hood.
9b: Males.
>>
No. 806412 ID: 3abd97

9: all of the above.
9B: Gals.
>>
No. 806416 ID: 3373e2

>>806411
9 Everyone.
>>
No. 806417 ID: 91ee5f

>>806388
Damn, those hips really do put others to shame!

>Hood color
Normal color.

>Question 9B; …which one do you prefer more? Male or Female
Waaaaait a minute, this question can be read 2 ways!

It's either asking which gender we prefer in our relationship partner or it's asking which gender we prefer to be referred to, seeing as Ovales can be either masculine or feminine.

Since I can't tell which one is being asked, I'll answer both!

Prefer more in partner: Females because biology.

Referred to by others: We are feminine.
>>
No. 806418 ID: fe7355

>>806403
>>806412
>>806416
Questions 8 and 9 have already been answered by the character. Question 9B and the choice of hood color are the ones we are supposed to answer here.
>>
No. 806421 ID: fad693

Can we get silver eyes to match the silver hood?
>>
No. 806430 ID: a48765

">"is it just you or are these questions getting rather personal?
Joke's on us, this is an Orwellian future and investigators are actually redudant, and are just there for publcities sake.

We should have that silver hood.
We're a ladies... man? Woman? Gender? Thing? Whatever. Girls.

Speaking of Trenchcoats, why brown? Black and neon are the only acceptable colors in cyberpunk, right? And it has to be bulletproof. Everything must be bulletproof. It's like, science.
>>
No. 806436 ID: fe7355

You'll go with the leftmost hood color; The one you hatched with. It still looks the best against the color of your eyes and the rest of your skin. It also goes well with the color of your inspector's coat.

As for which you prefer more, male or female, it's a close choice. ...You'll go with female, but by a small margin. Guess those old, base biological drives and desires put that choice over the top.

>…is it just you or are these questions getting rather personal?
No, it's not just you, but it's also a question you don't mind answering at all. It's probably for some boring demographics survey thing anyway, even though it sounds like the kind of questions you'd expect to answer first off when making a dating site profile.
>>
No. 806447 ID: 4854ef

Silver

Females
>>
No. 806455 ID: be0718

Liking the green even more.
Eh, tick female. They usually react better when the ovipositor gets mentioned.
>>
No. 806475 ID: f21521

Silver and dudes.
>>
No. 806531 ID: 173b46

Silver hood.
We got these boobs to attract hot guys.
>>
No. 806540 ID: 91ee5f

>>806531
And hot girls, if we meet any that are into that.
>>
No. 806571 ID: 265ab0

Which do we like more? We're an Ovule! We are biologically driven to like em both! ...But girls are prettier.
>>
No. 806572 ID: 65a774
File 149683982066.png - (64.58KB , 900x450 , 7.png )
806572

>Might need to adjust that trenchcoat so it isn't hugging your boobs weirdly.
Oh, wops. You’re still getting used to these things… they are rather new, after all.
>Damn, those hips really do put others to shame!
Damn right they do. These killers are some real head turners.
>Serpents don't exactly discriminate that way because of the unique reproductive system.
While you do not discriminate, you still have a preference of which kind of butt is more enjoyable to fill to the brim with your eggs.
>Everything must be bulletproof. It's like, science.
Bah, ballistic weaponry is so last millennium.

>Color.
Original: 5
Green: 1
Silver: 7
The inside of your hood is silver. Seems like you prefer your partners getting the gold in bed, eh?

>Boy toys or Gals pals?
Boys: 4
Gals. 8
While you won’t say no to a boy butt, you prefer to pursue the ladies.

Thank you once again for choosing Tatius Off-World Habitats for all your moving needs. Your apartment is currently under renovation and will be ready for your arrival in an hour or two. While you wait, why not try out one of the many restaurants on New Horizon? We here at TOWH are happy to present to you this gift coupon for one free meal for you and one of your acquaintances (Will expire in 7 days). Thank you again for using our services and do have a continued pleasant evening.
>>
No. 806573 ID: 65a774
File 149683982856.png - (18.86KB , 900x450 , 8.png )
806573

After having been stuck in a space ship for over a week moving here, you would love nothing more than to use that coupon to order some take away, head home to your new apartment and just lie down in your water tank to soak for a bit… (maybe relieve some built up pressure…), but it seems like duty calls. You barely had time to finish the briefing with your new superiors before the call came out… and as you were the only Investigator available with the experience, you were put to the task. About 45 minutes ago, a life-monitor transmitted a signal, its owner was dead. So far they say it’s an obvious suicide and your job is making sure if they are right or not. It should be an easy case… but when they say something like that in the holo-vids, it’s never is, is it? Part of you really hopes you aren’t the protagonist of some action movie…

Arriving at an office building for some kind of robotics company, you leave your cab as an Peace keeper in full uniform comes running up to you.

:CopWWD: Excuse me, but you must be the new investigator, correct? Right this way, officer… err… I’m sorry, but it seems like your name hasn’t been registered yet, miss…?

…what is your name, actually?

Note: Serpens’ names usually contain a lot of s sounds, be it s, sh, c, z, or x.
Ex Masculine names: Shetuin, Issaru, Shui, Icura, Zel, Uxuo.
Ex Feminine names: Sisah, Silia, Shilse, Acena, Izala, Xena.
>>
No. 806577 ID: 665ed8

Rishi, with both i's pronounced as short I sounds. Also, so... why did we decide to come to this place?
>>
No. 806579 ID: 91ee5f

>>806573
Feminine name: Xalia
>>
No. 806580 ID: 24f307

Zelena
>>
No. 806582 ID: 4854ef

You are Bob, because your adoptive human parents were uncreative.
>>
No. 806583 ID: e298ee

Cilia
>>
No. 806585 ID: b7f932

>>806582
Double it!
Bob will show them all!
Bob will will tear all ass!
BOB WILL DOMINATE!
DON'T SCREW WITH BOB!
>>
No. 806596 ID: fc33ea

>>806582
I'm for adoptive parents, but they should have at least tried to give a name they thought would fit in with the culture, like Quetzalcoatl, Shiva or Shelsey.

Otherwise Rishi is fine.
>>
No. 806607 ID: 0b7357

Zsazsa Gaboa
>>
No. 806608 ID: fe7355

I like the name Xalia. My vote's for that one.

That the ID database hasn't registered your name, the most basic piece of identifying info, by now does not speak well for the quality of record keeping on New Horizon.

>>806582
>>806585
Can you please choose a name that's in line with the setting and character and not try and be all wacky and shit. The suggested names are Serpens ones, so that indicates her background would give her a Serpens name, not a human one.

>>806596
And I'm very against the idea of her having been adopted by humans, not the least because it's a lame, lazy trope. I'd rather she have a Serpens upbringing and have a Serpens outlook and us experiencing and working with that rather than trying to stick the same old human morals and attitude template on her.
>>
No. 806612 ID: fc33ea

>>806606
Yeah I suppose that's why we're speaking Human Common and have body mods based on human ideals of beauty, isn't it.
>>
No. 806619 ID: fe7355

>>806612
Maybe because it's auto-translated and if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to understand what was happening. And maybe the protag is something of a xenophile who liked the look, or feel, of boobs. And maybe not even human boobs but Vark ones.
>>
No. 806621 ID: be0718

Shasha.
>>
No. 806623 ID: fe7355

>>806612
Maybe because it's auto-translated and if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to understand what was happening. And maybe the protag is something of a xenophile who liked the look, or feel, of boobs. And maybe not even human boobs but Vark ones. Or it could have been some other reason entirely. So there's more possible reasons for her getting breasts than her having been raised by humans.

However, she did mention she only got her breasts recently, so if she was actually raised by humans she probably would have gotten them awhile ago. That kinda goes against her being raised by them.
>>
No. 806628 ID: 3ce125

I like Rishi.
>>
No. 806636 ID: ba506f

i'll go with Rishi
>>
No. 806644 ID: 91ee5f

>>806628
>>806636
Please specify if that's masculine or feminine.
>>
No. 806647 ID: 65a774
File 149686810827.png - (34.32KB , 900x450 , 9.png )
806647

>Why did we decide to come to this place?
While you would love to say that you came here because you wanted to travel through space… or that living in a space station would be neat… or that you wanted to see other alien species and their culture. While all those are kind of true, the main reason you’re out here is because of work. The planet you grew up on, the home-world of the Serpens: Roon, is hugely overpopulated… which means the competition in your field is rather large… not to speak of the trouble of finding somewhere to live and the like. Out here, not only do you get a larger paycheck, a big apartment and a lot of space to live in… but also the possibility to forwards your career.

>You are Bob.
Wouldn’t that be like calling your child Quetzalcoatl? Or Soulfeaster? Or Reaper, Satan and/or any other really bad people name? Besides, you’re pretty sure both the Sakkilians and Hivers would raise quite a stink over someone naming their child after Bob the Horrifying, the Butcher of the Galaxy.
>BOB WILL DOMINATE!
As a cop, isn’t it your job to suppress any Neo-Bobism groups? Chanting something like “Hail Bob!” would get you in a lot of trouble, you know.

>Because your parents-
Like a large majority of your species, you don’t know who your parents are… nor do you care to find out. You were born and raised in a Broodpit just like your peers and you’re glad you did.
>Reasons for getting breast.
Do you really need one? You like how they look… how they feel in your hands… how they sway when you move... not to speak of the sensation you feel when you squeeze one while you pump someone full with- *cough* you know, you’re on duty. Thoughts like that can wait until after you’re done here.

>Rishi
:RishiWWD: I am Officer Rishi… but just call me Rishi.
:CopWWD: Hmm… wait… Rishi Zsazsa? Formerly from Roon? Is that you?
:RishiWWD: That is correct.
:CopWWD: My apologies, but the ID register has trouble finding people that was just added at times… but now that I’ve confirmed that you’re indeed the Officer we were expecting, please follow me.



As you enter the building, you’re met with a rather large entrance hall, filled with all kinds of banners and other decorative objects. In the center, next to a large globe of… some planet, there seems to be a Sakkilian female waiting impatiently for you… as well as some kind of android? As you come close to them, you can’t help but notice that the Sakkilian is reeking of some kind of cleaning fluid… and not the one you would use in a shower on yourself, either.
>>
No. 806648 ID: 65a774
File 149686812753.png - (87.07KB , 900x450 , 10.png )
806648

:NonWWD: Can we please get on with this? I am very busy and clearly do not have time for this drivel.
:CopWWD: Ma’am, someone has j-
:NonWWD: I don’t care if that idiot hung himself… or took pills or whatever. I am busy… and my time is worth a lot more than all of yours combined. Now, I was asked to… “assist” you…
:CopWWD: We’d like you to come with us so we can ask you what you know about-
:NonWWD: I’ve been told Herod Carakas is dead, that he did himself in somehow. I don’t know why, nor to I frankly care why, he did it. As I can’t discuss any project I’ve been working on with him, as they are corporate secrets, I don’t see how I can tell you anything you don’t already know.
:CopWWD: We still need a representative from the company to-
:NonWWD: Then take this android or something. I bet it can help you more than I can. Now, can I leave already… or do you have any other stupid questions?

:CopWWD: Um… well, Officer Rishi, I was going to lead you to the crime scene first but… um… this happened?
>>
No. 806651 ID: ba506f

get red's name, job title, and remember the smell of the chemicals she seems to be bathing with. As for why, you never know when someone tries to use some kind of bleach or something to try and cover up a murder... no I don't think she killed this guy but assuming makes an ass of u and me after all and it's better to be safe then sorry.

But yeah take the android since I really don't want to waste time with someone who feels the need to remind everyone that they are important every other sentence so they can justify that they never got laid in college.
>>
No. 806652 ID: a48765

Okay, so are we going the stoic, noir detective with a hidden soft heart, or the detached, cold ice queen and clinical investigator (except maybe during certain bedtime romps) route?
>>
No. 806654 ID: 3ce125

>>806648
Ask her name, if she can direct you to someone who knew Herod, and why she smells of cleaning fluid. Also, ask if the android can actually help, what is its role and can it think for itself?
>>
No. 806655 ID: fc33ea

Name, occupation, contact information. Please.
>>
No. 806668 ID: 91ee5f

>>806648
Ask if the crime scene is in an area that requires a key card, fingerprints, retinal scan, voice match, or all of the above from an employee like herself. If yes to any/all then, unless that android has a way to provide any/all of those, we'll need her to come with us.

If that android can get us there with no problems, then yes, she's free to go.
>>
No. 806685 ID: be0718

Ssstupid fishman planet.

...Anyway, I'm afraid that protocol requires a witness with full legal standing for the evidence to be submissible in court, so the android just won't do. (Are silicons sentient with full rights here?)
>>
No. 806694 ID: 3373e2

>>806655
This seems like a standard thing to do.
>>
No. 806702 ID: 65a774
File 149688185584.png - (109.15KB , 900x450 , 11.png )
806702

>Ssstupid fishman planet.
Ssstab ssstab ssstab the fishman…

>Okay, so are we going the stoic, noir detective with a hidden soft heart, or the detached, cold and clinical investigator (except maybe during certain bedtime romps) route?
Currently, you’re going for “Let’s get the job done so I can go home and eat” route… with maybe some bedtime romps sprinkled in if possible.
>I really don't want to waste time with someone who feels the need to remind everyone that they are important every other sentence so they can justify that they never got laid in college.
Indeed, this lady has clearly missed her weekly injection of eggs. Thing is, it’s considered rather rude by Xeno standards to ask if she needs help with something like that… and you rather not insult her further…

>Remember the smell of the chemicals she seems to be bathing with.
You don’t think you’ll be able to discern it from any other chemical just from smell alone.
>Are silicones sentient with full rights here?
That’s a bit complex at the moment. Sentient Artificial Intelligences, or SAI’s, are only considered people if they awaken in certain parts of the galaxy. In Unity space, where you are right now, they would be considered a legal person like the rest of us… but if they wake up in say Human or Hiver space… well, then they are just tools to be owned. Either way, that android doesn’t really seem that sentient so…
>I'm afraid that protocol requires a witness with full legal standing for the evidence to be submissible in court, so the android just won't do.
You’re pretty sure there will be other police officers at the crime scene… not to mention the forensic team… no need to for any other witnesses.


>Name, occupation, contact information. Please.
:FeraraWWD: Ferara Cogwelder, Chief of the Engineering and Mechanical department. Send a message to my secretary if you need to contact me.
:RishiWWD: And this Herod? Who is he?
:FeraraWWD: Herod Carakas, human male, Chief of the Programming and AI department. Committed suicide in his office, apparently.
>Ask if she can direct you to someone who knew Herod.
:FeraraWWD: Talk to his secretary. He is probably being questioned by the other officers at Herod’s office right now.
>And why she smells of cleaning fluid.
:FeraraWWD: What!? How dare you just- Why, I never. Typical male.
:RishiWWD: I’m not a male?
:FeraraWWD: Yet still all your blood goes to your crotch instead of your head. Hmpf.

>Ask if the crime scene is in an area that requires a key card, fingerprints, retinal scan, voice match, or all of the above from an employee like herself.
:FeraraWWD: The office was indeed locked before the peace keepers arrived, but as the only one who can unlock it is Herod himself… without breaking down the door, that is.
:RishiWWD: …so he was locked in a room only he could open?
:CopWWD: That is one of the reasons why this is considered a suicide.
>Ask if the android can actually help, what is its role and can it think for itself?
:FeraraWWD: Role? Why, it’s still being… tested. It is supposedly a rather advance model and we’re currently evaluating its performance… so having it do something like helping the peace keepers will only aid us in our understanding of its… capacity.
:AnWWD: This unit is Alpha-556428B-Nedo. Please, refer to this unit as… An. All systems are operational. This unit is ready to aid in any way it can, Officer…
:RishiWWD: Rishi.
:AnWWD: Officer Rishi. I am glad to be of service. Please, do not be afraid to ask if you have any questions… about anything.

>If that android can get us there with no problems, then yes, she's free to go.
:FeraraWWD: Good. Not another moment can be wasted.
:CopWWD: Right this way, Investigator. We’ll need to take the elevator to reach the crime scene.
>>
No. 806705 ID: 65a774
File 149688196191.png - (28.89KB , 900x450 , 12 (2).png )
806705

-Crime Scene- Herod’s Office-

:CopWWD: A primary search has already been conducted. The forensic team is only waiting for the last few lab results. The lieutenant should be able to debrief you about everything we’ve found so far if-
:RishiWWD: Actually, I rather have a look for myself first… just to make sure I’ve seen the situation with my own eyes. Just give me broad strokes of what happened here.
:CopWWD: Oh… um… almost an hour ago Herod’s life-monitor sent us a signal that he had died. We arrived ten minutes later to find the door locked and with no way to open it properly. After breaking the door down we located Herod himself sitting behind his desk, with gun in hand and large hole between the back of his mouth and the back of his head. You can see his body being covered with a sheet near the window. As the door was locked with his keycard and he was holding the gun himself, we’re currently considering this a suicide.

:RishiWWD: Thank you… hmm… still, better look around to see if everything fits… anything you can help with, An?
:AnWWD: Pretty flowers…
:RishiWWD: …well, okay then…
>>
No. 806709 ID: fc33ea

>What!? How dare you just- Why, I never. Typical male.
Yeah, still confused.
>so having it do something like helping the peace keepers will only aid us in our understanding of its… capacity.
and provide a mole in the police force.

Check the hole in the glass and the green thing beside the seat. Don't hesitate to take off the sheet and examine the body. Do directed energy weapons usually create this much blood spatter?

I'm curious, what was he planning on doing with a two-story book case? and what's that menacing-looking computer hanging from the ceiling?

>Pretty flowers…
*sigh* what do you know about the flowers, an...
>>
No. 806712 ID: be0718

Check the bookcases for anything cool! I mean, for anything relevant to the case. Also look up the species on those flowers, check if they're toxic.
>>
No. 806713 ID: 4854ef

Those are some pretty looking plants I suppose.. Bit different from what we've seen, but not too out there.

But it's time for investigatin! Check the computer on his desk for anything out of the ordinary, same with the desk itself, anything of nearby use within range of him.
>>
No. 806714 ID: ba506f

Alright, I'm going to start asking questions now, sorry in advance if it sounds like I'm being paranoid I just want to be thorough.

Is the gun ballistic or no?

If it isn't a ballistic gun what kind of gun was it?

If it was a ballistic gun did anyone recover the bullet?

if so is it the same caliber as the gun found on the body?

Were their any other finger prints on the gun other then Herod's?

Even though the door was locked is their any record of it being used after Herod died? Rather not find out we missed something because a cleaning drone or something came in removed something trying to freshen the place up.

And lastly mind if I take a look at the body myself? Again just being thorough.
>>
No. 806739 ID: 3ce125

>>806705
Okay so only Herod can unlock the door. Can anyone else lock it?

What's that brown discoloration on the plant?
Is Herod right or left handed? Which hand was he holding the gun in?
Is the blood splatter consistent for being shot in that chair at that angle? Would the weapon have shattered the window if he really shot himself in front of it?

>>806714
Don't forget the bullet casing too.
>>
No. 806741 ID: 91ee5f

>>806705
>Pretty flowers...
Is An suggesting that there might be an Uredo hiding in there?
>>
No. 806795 ID: 96d291

>Suicide means less paperwork
There's so little crime on this station that over-blowing this case will make for a demonstration of your abilities without blowing the security budget. Get paranoid, get paid.

>What do
First thing that looks off: Why isn't the glass cracked? Did he use a laser pistol or something?

Second, ask if he was in that exact position when they found him. Also, check to see if the chair swivels or stuff, because it might indicate if the position was staged.

Third, examine the diameter of the bullet hole versus the diameter of the gun. Just a formality, but if there is something wrong with the ballistics calculations then we can increase the priority of this case. Or just give the interns some math practice.
>>
No. 806798 ID: a48765

Cogwelder, eh? Well, name 'em what ya want 'em to be. (Shoulda told her she had an nice Scouter)

Yeah, this weapon is probably ballistic in nature. An energy weapon would have cauterized the wound channel it made. Investigate the glass further, see what type of projectile struck it, if any.

So why a ballistic weapon? Was it an heirloom, a memento from a past war or conflict? Does the room smell of gunpowder? Any chemical residue leftover from the discharge?

If it is an heirloom or antique of sorts, where did he get the ammunition? Sold on station, or brought with him? Is that even allowed? Is this gun still around for observation? What is the true purpose of sentient life?

So many questions....

Also, if you have any cyber-investigator vision, or an Augmented Reality overlay of sorts to assist you, now is the time to show it. Just make sure to press E on all the interaction prompts, don't want to miss any details.

It's your first case on the station, after all.
>>
No. 806805 ID: fe7355

Ask An why it responded with "pretty flowers." That doesn't help with your investigation. ...Does it? Oh, wait, you weren't specific enough. That was just one thing it could possibly help with, right? Though, you wonder why a prototype advanced android such as An would have been given the knowledge of either floral arrangement or floral gardening. ...Oh, and ask what this company's name is. You didn't see it over the building entrance, and all the banners in the lobby had just gear motifs or abstract symbols.

Also ask An what the big machine with all the cabling that's mounted to the ceiling is, and what is the device attached to it on the table below it. Considering the job Herod had, your guess is it has something to do with designing AI prototypes and loading them into AI cores.

Take a closer look at the flower planter and the dirt in it. You doubt something exciting like a Uredo assassin is hiding in it, but maybe something pertinent to the case fell in there. And take a moment to smell the flowers. They are rather pretty, like An said.

Introduce yourself to the two Peacekeeper officers present and ask them if they were part of the team that forced the office door open, or if they're part of the forensics team. If they're the former, ask them how long it took to determine the door couldn't be opened any other way and to force the door. You'd like to know to flesh our your case time-line. ...And you also notice one of them is Sakkilian, so ask him or her if you could ask them a question unrelated to the case about Sakkilians. If they agree, run what you asked Ferara and her response by them and ask why she reacted like you made a inappropriate sexual remark. While you are new to living among non-Serpens, you're puzzled why she'd take something so seemingly innocuous that way.

Now, if this was a suicide, then it most likely did not come out of the blue. There would have been indications in Herod's behavior at work and outside. You'll want to get his medical, psychiatric and prescription records to check if he was depressed or had other psychological issues that could lead to suicide. Also get his financial records, to check if something like him being irrecoverably in debt pushed him over the edge, and his personal correspondence and call records to see if he got some particularly horrible news. Check his personal files and his outgoing mail for if he made a suicide node. Get his contacts list as well so you can talk with his friends and family. Basically, you're gonna have to piece together every part of this guy's life to figure out if it fits that he committed suicide.

Check if his neural comm module was destroyed by the gunshot or if it is recoverable. If it is recoverable you want its data extracted for examination. For all you know, he recorded the deed. Also check what cybernetics he had installed, if any. Oh, and also check what was in his pockets.

Find out if Herod was right or left handed. If he was holding the gun in his non-dominant hand, then that's odd because normally a suicide would use their dominant hand to fire.

The shot through Herod's head would have also created a trace spray of blood expanding out from the entry point. If anyone was in front of him at the time, then there would be a "shadow" in that trace blood, which would have shows up on the forensic team's scans. But if there wasn't, then it's more likely a suicide.

Look at his workstation computer and see what he was doing right before his death. If the computer is locked request that An, since it's your company liaison here, unlock it or send a request to company IT to remotely unlock it.

Look out the window to see if there are any other offices or rooms across the way that have windows facing towards this one. If so then maybe someone saw what happened in here.

Examine the gun used. Is it ballistic or energy based? If the former, where's the bullet and the bullet casing? Does the caliber match all the holes? How come the shot didn't penetrate the window? And what's the legality of owning a firearm on New Horizon? I'm guessing it's very restricted, with required registration. Check if Herod had a registered firearm and if so, match its model and serial number against the one found here. Also ask An what the company's rules about employees bringing weapons and firearms in are, and if banned or restricted what measures are taken to check employees aren't bringing them in. Basically, was Herod allowed to bring a gun in here, and if not then what measures, if any, did the company have that could detect it.

Also ask An for the video from any security cameras with a view of the hall outside this office and the window, if any. And the office door, lighting, heating/air conditioning and occupancy sensor logs. And ask what non-destructive means could be used to open this office door other than using Herod's keycard. You figure there has to be at the least a way to unlock and re-code it for a new keycard in case the existing keycard is lost, destroyed or revoked.
>>
No. 806815 ID: 65a774
File 149693190147.png - (28.96KB , 900x450 , 13.png )
806815

>An does provide a mole in the police force.
Hmm, you better not give her any sensitive information, just in case…
>There's so little crime on this station that over-blowing this case will make for a demonstration of your abilities without blowing the security budget. Get paranoid, get paid.
While there is statistically very little crime here, sure, you don’t think the possible murder of one person will be enough to catapult you into stardom or anything.

>What's that menacing-looking computer hanging from the ceiling?
Whatever it is, it’s clearly beyond your paycheck. Though, considering they have some kind of VR like glasses connected to them, it might be something connected to BTL (Better than life) modulation?
>Check the bookcases for anything cool!
Books! More books! Even more books! …and a BTL disc or two…
>Look out the window to see if there are any other offices or rooms across the way that have windows facing towards this one.
Outside, you can see the grand entrance hall you just left, with the large globe still in its center. It seems like these windows are one-way, as you didn’t see them when you arrived earlier.

>Don't hesitate to take off the sheet and examine the body.
Taking a quick look, you can confirm that he, indeed, has a large hole in the back of his head. It seems like there are scorch marks all around the exit wound, yet still he is slowly bleeding from it. The blood is dripping down his right arm and has created a small pool of it on the floor.
>Is Herod right or left handed? Which hand was he holding the gun in?
The gun seems to have been held in his right hand. You cannot say if he was right or left handed, though.
>Also check what was in his pockets.
A pen, a piece of candy, throat medicine, one of those weirdly colored square human toys… nothing of importance, it seems.

>Ask An why it responded with "pretty flowers." That doesn't help with your investigation. ...Does it?
:AnWWD: This unit is apologizing, but it does not currently have enough information about subject(Investigation) to properly help. It is currently reviewing 253 episodes of CPK: New Miami, Lag and disorder and Criminal Brains as well as playing Ace Attorney: Investigations 1 and 2 to gather all information necessary. Please wait a few seconds and this unit will be a master of subject(investigation).
>*sigh* What do you know about the flowers, an...
:AnWWD: K’th’eth’s tongue. Originated from the planet T’karth’ch, a Hiver colony planet. Do not touch the purple bits, as they are sticky and filled with spores.
>Is An suggesting that there might be an Uredo hiding in there?
:AnWWD: Unable to detect anyone hiding… sad, this unit wanted to play hide and seek…
>What's that brown discoloration on the plant?
:AnWWD: Scanning… it is a scorch mark. Newly made. One of the leaves has been hit by something hot.
>Why isn't the glass cracked?
:AnWWD: Error, no glass found in the vicinity.
:RishiWWD: I guess that’s not actually glass then…


>Introduce yourself to the two Peacekeeper officers present and ask them if they were part of the team that forced the office door open, or if they're part of the forensics team.
:CopWWD: I am part of the forensics team, ma’am.
:DreamerWWD: And I am lieutenant Dreamer of Freedom, ma’am. I am sorry to say, but it seems like your presence here was unneeded, as I’ve already found enough proof here to confirm that it is indeed a suicide. I just need the last of the lab results to use as evidence.
:RishiWWD: Really? …well, I guess I’m looking forward to hearing your logic about the matter later, then.
>Ask them how long it took to determine the door couldn't be opened any other way and to force the door. You'd like to know to flesh our case time-line.
:DreamerWWD: As there was still a possibility that his life might be saved, we broke open the door about five minutes after we arrived here. Sadly, we were too late from the start.
>Even though the door was locked is there any record of it being used after Herod died?
:CopWWD: No, ma’am. The last one who used it was a Ferara Cogwelder, who left this office about 20 minutes before Herod was killed.
>Can anyone else lock it?
:CopWWD: It will automatically lock when someone leaves.
>Ask what non-destructive means could be used to open this office door other than using Herod's keycard.
:CopWWD: There is an override system on the secretaries terminal outside, but it needs a code to activate, a code only Herod should know. Other than that, there’s also the main override function, but it’s only usable by the chief of security and the CEO of the company, neither of whom are present at the building for the moment. Besides, none of the override systems has been recorded used today.
>Were there any other finger prints on the gun other than Herod's?
:DreamerWWD: Only Herods, correct. We found no other traces on the gun at all besides that.
>Now, if this was a suicide, then it most likely did not come out of the blue. Was there any known motive for him to do it?
:DreamerWWD: Why, this is the best part. About four months ago our victim started seeing a therapist, as well as started taking medication for mental ills. Recently, his work load has been rather large… and witnesses say that he’s been rather stressed lately. It’s clear that he couldn’t take it all in the end, no?
>Ask An for the video from any security cameras with a view of the hall outside this office and the window, if any.
:CopWWD: We are currently combing through the camera footage from outside his secretaries room, ma’am. So far we know that no one has arrived or left between the time of death and the peace keepers arriving.
>>
No. 806816 ID: 65a774
File 149693191198.png - (125.21KB , 900x450 , 14.png )
806816

>Check the green thing beside the seat.
:AnWWD: Scanning… Particle Accelerator for Combat use detected. Model “Stinger v.4.2”. Originally created by-
:RishiWWD: Just tell me about the gun, not its history, An.
:AnWWD: PAC gun, also known as Stinger or Air gun. Fires a cloud of charged air particles at high speeds towards the target. Easy to use, have near unlimited ammo if air is available, cheap to produce.
:RishiWWD: There is also a large, bloody handprint around handle of the gun… It supposedly the victims.
>An energy weapon would have cauterized the wound channel it made.
:AnWWD: The initial impact of the air bullet consist of force, usually resulting in blood splatter. The heat wave following is usually too weak to cauterize bigger wounds completely, often leaving some bleeding wounds at a direct hit.
:RishiWWD: So the scorch mark around the blood on the wall?
:AnWWD: Likely from the PAC gun impact. Scanning… Scorch mark similar from the one found on the pretty plant. Same source possible.
>Any chemical residue leftover from the discharge?
:AnWWD: The IOKec-Crystal powering the PAC gun will leave noticeable traces on anything nearby when fired. Usually only affect the hand and arm of the one who fired, unless held in close proximity to something else.
>The shot through Herod's head would have also created a trace spray of blood expanding out from the entry point.
Hmm… yet, the only blood you can see on the gun is the hand print and blood from the pool it’s currently in.
>What's the legality of owning a firearm on New Horizon? I'm guessing it's very restricted, with required registration.
New Horizon gun laws are extremely strict. Owning a gun like this is completely illegal unless your occupation calls for it… for example, being a Peace Keeper. This gun is clearly unregistered and illegal.

>Look at his workstation computer and see what he was doing right before his death.
:RishiWWD: An, can you unlock his terminal for me?
:AnWWD: Very well.
An proceeds to screw her own head of, grabbing a few cables hanging from it before plugging herself into terminal. As she unlocks it, you’re greeted by the whole frame being filled with some kind of old pixel-based, fake 3D shooter. It doesn’t seem like Herod was working when he died.
>Check his personal files and his outgoing mail for if he made a suicide note.
:AnWWD: This unit apologizes, but company secrets needs to be censored.
:RishiWWD: Just show me what you can, An.
:AnWWD: Uploading messages from the last 24 hours…

To: [Retracted]
The [Retracted] Project is [Retracted] with [Retracted] and [Retracted]. I’ll [Retracted] the [Retracted] with the [Retracted] and [Retracted] so we [Retracted] and [Retracted]. Ask [Retracted] about [Retracted] and [Retracted] so we can [Retracted] with [Retracted]. Everything else is going according to schedule, as long as you can deliver [Retracted] on time.
-Herod.

To: K’rtak Char’ti
Dinner at our usual place tonight? I’ve imported one of those wine bottles you so adore.
-your love, who can’t stop thinking about your cute mandibles...

To: Ferara Cogwelder
I’ve recently been shown parts of the project you and “lizzy” are conducting. I’ll have you know that a project of that size might have quite the consequences for the company if it fails, not to speak of you personally. Meet me in my office tomorrow and we’ll discuss the right tools we need to use to make sure it doesn’t come crashing down. You do remember what happened to Dr. Esk’eth, correct?

To: Ferara Cogwelder
Remember to increase the memory capacity of the next [Retracted] model with at least 25%. These new AI modules are quite a bit larger than the old ones.
-Herod.

To: Isan Karte
I do understand that [Retracted] old notes aren’t complete, but what we have now is simply not enough. We need to know what made this new [Retracted] model so special, as currently there doesn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I sent the original to Ferara so she can continue testing it, but as it’s already been 6 months my hopes aren’t that high.
-Herod.
>>
No. 806821 ID: 4854ef

Hmm.. The man who is committing "suicide" made plenty of longterm plans, had a sweetheart he was gushingly sweet with that he wanted dinner tonight with, plans for meetings and continuations of other such research and production.. If this was a suicide it was suddenly planned out very quickly, which would be odd because to procure a weapon would be quite involved on this station would it not?
>>
No. 806824 ID: fc33ea

>Air gun. Fires a cloud of charged air particles at high speeds towards the target.
Is what your seeing in line with your knowledge of the gun, especially at point blank range?

Right, so it comes down to the forensics; either there's residue on his arm and face when he shot himself, and ballistics indicate it was a point blank shot- possibly accidental death when he started to play with guns in his office; or the gun was fired once, through the plant, killing him, making it murder. Can the door lock or the life monitor signals be fudged?

An, can you scan for IOKec-Crystal traces? specifically on his arms, face and the damaged bit of that plant.

> K’rtak Char’ti
Ugh, looks like we have to deliver bad news to a SO. Always the worst.
>Dr. Esk’eth
An, what can you tell me about this person?

Cogwelder apparently hasn't got the work output to go along with her inflated value of her own time. Has Herod been bringing attention to this in an official capacity?

Oh, we completely forgot to look at that terminal on the wall!
>>
No. 806830 ID: 91ee5f

>>806815
I'd say check the dirt in the planter to see if there could be footprints from someone hiding there to shoot at the victim.

>Do not touch the purple bits, as they are sticky and filled with spores.
And if our killer doesn't know about that, then we just gotta look for someone with sticky spores on them.

Hmmm, if the door couldn't be opened with out breaking it and the killer couldn't have used the victim's keycard without the door records saying the victim opened it and giving away that it wasn't a suicide, then the killer could still be hiding in the room! Or there's an air vent somewhere for them to escape through.

If these guys haven't left the room, then killer could still be hiding and waiting for everyone to leave so that he/she can escape!

That cabinet in the desk looks big enough for someone to hide in. Or something important could be in there. Let's open all the doors and drawers on the desk and look around.
>>
No. 806832 ID: 91ee5f

>>806830
It's just a theory though! So don't go announcing that it's murder without proof!
>>
No. 806834 ID: f562b1

So, wait, singe marks are only supposed to appear at and near the pellet's impact point, but the "window" and the plant both have singes? The body was found at the computer, near the window, so why is the plant singed?
Even if the pellet manages to completely pierce his head without bursting, with the sing marks on the window being from the initial blast, then what about the lack of blood towards the entrance of the room? Did the cleaning bots get into here, or did somebody else clean it?
>>
No. 806835 ID: f562b1

>>806830
I doubt the door locks from the inside. If they had the keycard and then left it in his hands, they could just walk out and it would lock behind them. However, I imagine that the door would at least register being opened from inside in that case.
>>
No. 806836 ID: 89e9c4

Even if this was a suicide, he did it just twenty minutes after Ferara exited the room. That makes her a suspect; even if she didn't pull the trigger, she could have refused to save him... or revealed something that convinced him to commit suicide in a matter of twenty minutes.

Talk to Ferara and find out the second-to-last thing that went through the victim's brain.
>>
No. 806838 ID: fe7355

Ask the forensics tech to examine the scorched plant and compare its scorch pattern against the PK forensics firearm database, first against the PAC gun entries. Then line up the spot where, if there was a PAC shot here, to where the hole in the window is and compare it to where Herod's head would have been when he was alive. Then ask the tech to scan for IOKec-Cystal residue on Herod's body and the rest of the room next, as well as for trace blood spatter patterns.

>Do not touch the purple bits, as they are sticky and filled with spores.
So if someone was hiding in the plant and didn't know about this, then they'd still be covered with spores. ...Or if they did know, they'd clean them off. ...And Ferara reeked of cleaning fluid. ...No, don't jump to conclusions. Follow the evidence.

>There is also a large, bloody handprint around handle of the gun… It supposedly the victims.
...Wait a second. How could Herod have left a bloody hand print on the gun's grip? For that to happen the blood would have had to get on his hand or the grip first, then he would have had to hold it. And since the blood wouldn't have come until after he was dead, he couldn't have grabbed the gun's grip himself.

>I guess that’s not actually glass then…
But then what is it? Transparent aluminum? ...Or is it not even a window but some kind of holo-screen displaying a view of the entrance hall? And if it is a screen, then maybe there's a equipment space it. One someone could hide in and fire from that would leave a hole, then hide in. Whisper to An to respond to you to whisper back just what is that window behind Herod's body. What is it made of, and is it a actual window or some kind of display screen?

>Books! More books! Even more books! …and a BTL disc or two…
What are their titles? And ask An to check when was the last few times the device with the VR headset used, by who, and, if it's not company secrets, what for.

>This gun is clearly unregistered and illegal.
Then better get its serial number from the forensics report or get it yourself so its source can be tracked down. Also, how hard would it be to fabricate a PAC gun with the facilities in either this company or elsewhere on New Horizon?

>To: K’rtak Char’ti
Damn, you're gonna have to break the bad news to his partner. Or maybe you shouldn't, since you're not experienced with xeno-relations. And did he send this message yesterday or today?

>You do remember what happened to Dr. Esk’eth, correct?
Ask An who Dr. Esk'eth was and what happened to them.
>>
No. 806839 ID: 3ce125

>>806816
>There is also a large, bloody handprint around handle of the gun
Ummmm how did the blood get on his hand before he used it to shoot himself? This seems like clear evidence of foul play.
>>
No. 806842 ID: be0718

If you die in the game, you die in real life! Search for evidence of e-magging on the computer.

This email list gives you lots of names to check out. Let's start with Ferara, and investigate this 'Lizzy' person. Special AI units also implies this has something to do with a sentience event, which means a person could be held against their will right now, subjected to unlawful invasive code tampering!
>>
No. 806873 ID: 65a774
File 149695851584.png - (29.41KB , 900x450 , 15.png )
806873

>The man who is committing "suicide" made plenty of longterm plans, had a sweetheart he was gushingly sweet with that he wanted dinner tonight with, plans for meetings and continuations of other such research and production…
Indeed, this is starting to get murkier by the moment.
>Ugh, looks like we have to deliver bad news to a SO. Always the worst.
Luckily, it’s not your job to do that... which is good, because your Xeno-relations experience is sorely lacking.
>How did the blood get on his hand before he used it to shoot himself? This seems like clear evidence of foul play.
That is a clear contradiction, isn’t it?
>Oh, we completely forgot to look at that terminal on the wall!
The terminal is used to regulate the lightning, temperature and the similar things in the room. It’s not important.
>What are the BTL discs titles?
Project: …followed by a long serial number. It seems like they are work related somehow…

>Hmmm, if the door couldn't be opened without breaking it and the killer couldn't have used the victim's keycard without the door records saying the victim opened it and giving away that it wasn't a suicide, then the killer could still be hiding in the room! Or there's an air vent somewhere for them to escape through.
Several Officers has already made a thorough search of the room. Any criminals or secret vents would have been found by now.


>So, wait, singe marks are only supposed to appear at and near the pellet's impact point, but the "window" and the plant both have singes?
:AnWWD: The wave of heat is following the projectile, not the impact. Thus, the bullet would singe anything in its path that is not heat resistant… like a piece of paper or a dry leaf, for example.
>Can the door lock or the life monitor signals be fudged?
:AnWWD: The door lock log can be changed and deleted by authorized personal. Those are the same that has access to the override functionality. The life monitor will emit a signal as soon as the subject is heavily wounded, only stopping when shut down my paramedic personal.
>An, can you scan for IOKec-Crystal traces?
:AnWWD: This unit lack that functionality.
>An, what can you tell me about this Dr. Esk’eth?
:AnWWD: Fa- …
:RishiWWD: …?
:AnWWD: Dr. Esk’eth was a prominent AI researcher at this company. Six months ago he was the victim of a fatal accident while working on his biggest project yet.
>How hard would it be to fabricate a PAC gun with the facilities in either this company or elsewhere on New Horizon?
:AnWWD: Scanning… it would indeed be possible to use certain tools and an high grade fabricator located here to create a gun of that model. Considering that the gun doesn’t seem to be very old, it is very plausible that’s the case.


>This email list gives you lots of names to check out. Let's start with Ferara, and investigate this 'Lizzy' person.
>Even if this was a suicide, he did it just twenty minutes after Ferara exited the room. That makes her a suspect.
Indeed, this Ferara seems rather suspect right now… you’ll need to contact her again... though, you can only hope she’s gotten a few eggs inside her by now to replace that stick she had up her butt.

>Ask the tech to scan for IOKec-Cystal residue on Herod's body.
:CopWWD: Actually, we just received the test results for that. You were indeed correct, lieutenant, he has traces of crystals on his right hand… if faint.
:DreamerWWD: Ha! I knew it.
:RishiWWD: (So… there were traces of the gun firing in his hand? Hmm…)
:CopWWD: Though, were weren’t able to find any other traces in the whole room.
:DreamerWWD: That doesn’t matter. I, the great dreamer, have already solved this case with the help of this evidence! It is 100% Suicide, as proven by me.
:RishiWWD: Actually… I’m starting to suspect foul play myself.
:DreamerWWD: Really? Why, then let me enlighten you on how wrong you are.
:RishiWWD: …okay? Sure? I guess?
>>
No. 806875 ID: 65a774
File Case1Dreamer.swf - (47.96KB , 901x601 )
806875

I really hope this works…
Also, play this for the full effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGYy9y6A5c


:RishiWWD: …interesting…
:AnWWD: Oh, this flower smells so nice…
:RishiWWD: …thank you for your input, An…

(Remember your training. Words are useless without proof to back them up. Make sure you have the evidence to back up any counter arguments you have and don’t forget that you can always press for more information about any subject they’ve brought up. Now let’s prove this Cibic wrong!)
>>
No. 806880 ID: 3ce125

>>806875
He was alone in the room at the time of death, sure, the evidence seems to be solid there. How do we know noone was near the room though? They are still analyzing security footage, so we shouldn't know that yet.

Stress on its own isn't a good motive for suicide, and it looks like he was playing a video game right before he died, which means he had an outlet for any stress. He was going to go out with someone in the near future, which means he was at least relaxed enough for social interaction. What indication does Dreamer have that he was under a lot of stress?

>handprint
HOLD IT! The handprint implies that he got blood on his hand *before* the gun wound up in it. How can she explain that?

I mean, I can't explain it either. How did someone put the gun in his hand after he died, without entering the room? ...wait, do the door records keep any records of robots entering or leaving? Could the killer be synthetic?
>>
No. 806893 ID: 4854ef

Why is he getting so increasingly smug over what amounts to a suicide case? Is he really that arrogant or what.

But yes, there's a few issues afoot given the bloody handprint.. Which shouldn't be there as a result of it being prior to the gunshot

There's also something a bit odd.. Do energy weapons Ricochet? Because it likely hit the plant as well but there doesn't seem to be another mark anywhere else within the room as a result of such.
>>
No. 806894 ID: 91ee5f

>>806875
I hate to tell you this, but my device can't play this. However, I have a feeling that it's just me. Also, music from that game series? You've only got yourself to blame for what I'm gonna do!

>>806873
OBJECTION!!!!!

The results only came back asfaint traces of crystals in his hand? If he pulled the trigger, wouldn't the results have stronger traces of crystals? For example, if I were to fire that gun and then hand it to you to hold it, both of us would have traces of crystals on us. However, you would only have faint traces, while I would have strong traces on me. And yet, our victim only has faint traces on his hand. If he truly did shoot himself, then why didn't the results give us stronger crystal traces?

Next, the bloody handprint on the gun. That's impossible unless he was already bleeding when the gun was in his hand.

Both the faint crystal traces and the bloody handprint makes me believe that someone placed the gun in his hand after he was dead!

Finally, his stress at work. If having a stressful job was all it took to drive someone to suicide, then we would have plenty of reports of cops killing themselves after a stressful day! Plus, according to an email sent to a K’rtak Char’ti from the victim here at his computer, the victim was planning on going out on a date. If you're planning to kill yourself, why would you bother making plans with someone?
>>
No. 806901 ID: 3ce125

...do we have a way to verify time of death aside from the life-monitor? Like, taking the temperature of his liver, or other (relatively) low tech methods?
>>
No. 806902 ID: be0718

>>806875
Every time I try to open this, it just tries to download another copy. What should I open it with?
>>
No. 806906 ID: fe7355

>>806902
Adobe offers a standalone player program, called a "projector," that can play a downloaded flash file outside the browser plugin. Get it from this page: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html It needs no installing; Just run the program and open the flash file.
>>
No. 806919 ID: fc33ea

>Luckily, it’s not your job to do that... which is good, because your Xeno-relations experience is sorely lacking.
Well you've got to interview them, haven't you?
>Fa- …
I'm guessing he was about to say father.
What's the flower smell like, anyway? What about the room, any essence of cleaning fluid? Check the surface of the BTL machine, is there any dust or has it been cleaned recently? The plants have clearly been disturbed recently if they're so pungent, have they been cleaned? Are any of the BTL disks missing from the cases?

Does a life monitor signal distress, or only when somebody flatlines? It's possible, since he's still bleeding now, that the time of the shooting and time of death were about, say 20 minutes apart.

There's no residue about the victims' face or mouth. If he shot himself at point blank range, residue would be there and there'd be lots of it. The damaged foliage and point of impact in the window create a horizontal line at head height, indicating he was shot while standing and then re positioned, or he fell into his chair. There's no point of impact at the other end of the room, so the burns on the leaf can't be explained by him firing multiple shots. He has no other wounds to explain how he left the bloody hand-print on the gun, other than being moved post-mortem. No matter how stressful his job, there is no indication he was not in control of his stress or his life.

So, evidence points to the shooter standing about where An is, or maybe on the other side of the BTL machine. They took the shot, damaging the plant in the process; then re positioned the body to make it look like a suicide, transferring traces of GSR onto the body and a bloody hand-print onto the gun before cleaning up their tracks. The only question is what method the shooter used to fudge the electronic security, assuming it wasn't just Cogwelder.

This also raises questions about the 'accidental' death of Dr. Esk’eth, and a potential danger to other people working on classified projects. Might want to talk to Isan Karte.
>>
No. 806923 ID: ba506f

alright but if he shot himself why is plant singed over there, why'd he make plans for later in the day/week if he planned to end himself, and where could he have gotten the gun if it was illegal for him to own one?
>>
No. 806934 ID: fe7355

Okay, on the first point, yes we have logs and video showing nobody entered the office. However, logs and video can be forged. A loop of a empty hall pasted into the video, or fed from a sample stored in the camera. Log data intercepted on the company network before it reaches the security servers, or a door lock mechanism tampered with to unlock with another's keycard and not store or send a log. But this is just speculation. We'd need to examine the security camera and the door lock and keycard reader, including extracting their firmware, to confirm there has been no tampering or substitutions. Could the forensics officer please check those two things, assuming they have the proper data forensics kit. (You don't trust An with the firmware extraction, since she could alter its contents before handing it over.)

On the second point, it doesn't line up with his email making plans for this evening. He was looking forward to tonight. And he was playing a game at the time, maybe for stress relief after talking with Ferara. But, you admit that you're no psych expert and that you shouldn't be trying to figure out if Herod was suicidal just from the few bits and pieces we've found. However, neither is Dreamer, so the both of you shouldn't be trying to extrapolate his mental state.

But related to this, ask the forensics officer to take a sample of Herod's blood for analysis. You want to know what pharmaceuticals were running through him at the time of death and if he was taking his psychological medication.

Now, your counter to Dreamer's third point is the strongest. To the first part, you say that the traces of crystal residue are too faint and don't cover where they ought to be if he stuck that PAC gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. If he had done that, there'd be strong traces of crystal all over his hand, his arm, his face, his neck and chest, the inside of his mouth, and the inside of his skull. That there aren't points more towards the gun having been fired and then placed in his hand, transferring a faint trace of crystal residue from it then.

However, if somebody did shoot him, then there would be crystal residue elsewhere in the office, and yet there was no trace of crystal residue found in here other than on Herod's hand. You can think of two possible explanations for this. First is that the residue was cleaned away in the time before the Peacekeepers arrived. Ask An what cleaners could be used to remove IOKec-Crystal in a ten minute time frame without damaging the items in this office, then ask the forensics officer to scan for them. Second, less possible possibility is that the shooter fired from the hallway through the open door. That would leave no trace in the office, but if the PAC gun makes a noticeable amount of noise then this possibility gets even less possible. That is, unless there's something like a suppressor for a PAC gun.

But either of these possibilities lines up with the leaf that has been scorched in a manner just like a PAC gun shot went past it. That scorched leaf does not fit with Herod taking his own life here at all, but rather with someone else shooting him.

And as for the second part of Dreamer's third point, it would be highly unlikely for Herod to have killed himself and leave a bloody hand print on the grip of the gun. In order for him to have left a hand print, his blood would have had to already be on his hand, the gun's grip, or both, and then he'd grasp the gun. But there wouldn't have been blood until he shot himself, and then he couldn't grip the gun because he would be dead. So the most possible explanation is the gun was placed in his hand after he was shot.

And keep these thoughts to yourself, but the way An started to say "father" when asked about Dr. Esk'eth, the time of his death, and the contents of those last three emails Herod sent line up to be very suspicious. The [Redacted] model is likely An, and the notes were probably Dr. Esk'eth's. Maybe something involving SAI emergence or creation, since An is obviously not a usual AI. And then Herod's caution to Ferara to remember what happened to Dr. Esk'eth sounds rather like a reference to his death. It's starting to smell like something even more fishy is going on in this company.
>>
No. 806940 ID: be0718

Could the residue on his hand come from bringing it up to defend himself from the gunshot, or from the smoking gun (as it were) being placed in his hand?
>>
No. 806990 ID: fe7355

>>806934
Oh, and don't ask the forensics officer do all the checking and stuff 'cause that'd be kinda rude and you want to cultivate a good reputation with the other Peacekeepers. Do the stuff that doesn't require their scanner or skill, like removing the maintenance panel from the door yourself. Also ask An to help as well.
>>
No. 807053 ID: 65a774
File 149703527939.png - (24.23KB , 900x450 , 16.png )
807053

:RishiWWD: OBJECTION!!!!!
:DreamerWWD: Gah! No need to yell!
>>
No. 807054 ID: 65a774
File 149703529564.png - (101.17KB , 900x450 , 17.png )
807054

RishiWWD: Actually, the bloody handprint proves that he wasn’t holding the gun when he died, wouldn’t you say?
:DreamerWWD: Huh? What are you talking about?
:RishiWWD: The bloody handprint shows quite clearly that his hand was already covered in blood when he grabbed the gun… now, where did the blood come from?
:DreamerWWD: …why from his- GAH!?
:RishiWWD: Exactly, he had already been shot dead by the time he got his hands on the gun.

:RishiWWD: Furthermore, you only found a faint trace of the crystal on his hand? If he pulled the trigger, wouldn’t there be more than that?
:DreamerWWD: …maybe the crystal was simply… um… a bit weak?
:RishiWWD: Then explain to me why there isn’t any traces on the victim’s face or mouth? A point blank shot would leave a lot of residue on him, no?
:DreamerWWD: Err… but… wait, but we didn’t find any traces anywhere else in the room and-
:RishiWWD: If I remember correctly, guns like these only leave residue on things rather close to its muzzle.
:AnWWD: That is correct. It’s most often the case that only the hand and arm of the shooter is affected.
:RishiWWD: Ergo, only the killer has the residue on them, and as they planted the gun in the victim’s hand after the deed…
:DreamerWWD: Some of it might have… rubbed… off… GAH, NO!!
:RishiWWD: But that’s not all. You can actually see the burn mark left from the bullet on the bit plant over there, thus proving that the one holding the gun was standing somewhere beyond that point when the shot was fired.

:RishiWWD: Oh, and take a look at this email that he sent today, too.
:DreamerWWD: Eh? …the usual place… your love? But…
:RishiWWD: Tell me, if he was planning to kill himself, why was talking about a going on one of those… um… mating ritual things you alien does later tonight?
:CopWWD: It’s called a date, ma’am.
:RishiWWD: …err… yes, a date? I think?
:DreamerWWD: Nooo! My logic! It’s ruined!
:RishiWWD: And there we have it… this is now a murder case.
:CopWWD: But how did the murderer enter the office?
:RishiWWD: Why that is our next question to find the answer for, isn’t it?
:CopWWD: Oh, and ma’am? The initial autopsy report is ready; you can read it on your datapad. We’ll have a more detailed report as soon as the corpse actually reaches the lab for a more thorough examination.


>Does a life monitor signal distress, or only when somebody flatlines?
It can transmit three different signals. Heavily wounded, fatally wounded and dead. According to the autopsy report, he was killed instantly thus only the dead signal was sent.
>...do we have a way to verify time of death aside from the life-monitor? Like, taking the temperature of his liver, or other (relatively) low tech methods?
Sadly, all the biomods people have today make it hard to get the exact time of death. Whatever tests they’ve made so far shows that he died somewhere between 16:00 and 18:05 with the life-monitor signal being transmitted at 17:45. For reference, the police found the corpse at 18:05 and you arrived here 18:30.
>Ask the forensics officer to take a sample of Herod's blood for analysis.
Hmm… contained traces of a drug commonly used to combat mental trauma. Effective against nightmares and depressive thoughts, according to the report.

>What about the room, any essence of cleaning fluid?
No traces of this place being cleaned have been found, no.
>This also raises questions about the 'accidental' death of Dr. Esk’eth, and a potential danger to other people working on classified projects.
His death was deemed an accident by the Peace keepers themselves. If you wanted to look through his case further you’ll need some strong evidence that it wasn’t.
>The way An started to say "father" when asked about Dr. Esk'eth, the time of his death, and the contents of those last three emails Herod sent line up to be very suspicious.
Hmm… can it be An they were talking about in those emails? …and the notes being Dr. Esk'eth? What makes this An so special? It doesn’t seem that different from a badly programmed AI.


:RishiWWD: Let’s go over what we know. The evidence points to the shooter standing somewhere near the BTL machine. They took the shot, damaging the plant in the process; then repositioned the body to make it look like a suicide, transferring the residue onto the body and a bloody hand-print onto the gun. The only question is what method the shooter used to fudge the electronic security, assuming it wasn't just Cogwelder.
:DreamerWWD: Cogwelder? Isn’t that the one who last saw the victim alive?
:RishiWWD: Indeed, which mean we need to get her side of the-
>>
No. 807055 ID: 65a774
File 149703530583.png - (27.51KB , 900x450 , 18.png )
807055

:NonWWD: NOT SO FAST!
:DreamerWWD: GAH! What’s with all the screaming!
>>
No. 807056 ID: 65a774
File 149703553362.png - (29.57KB , 900x450 , 19.png )
807056

:NonWWD: Isn’t there someone a bit more important than Cogwelder we should focus on?
:RishiWWD: Wait, who…?
:NonWWD: Ah, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself.

:LeontiusWWD: My name is Leontius Strongheart, a peace keeper investigator, and you, I assume, is Rishi Zsazsa, correct?
:RishiWWD: That’s correct…
:LeontiusWWD: Then it’s an honor to meet you, ma’am, and I hope you think likewise, as from today on forward I will be your partner as investigators.
:RishiWWD: Oh, right, the chief said something about that, didn’t she?
:LeontiusWWD: I my apologize that I didn’t make my entrance earlier, but I was busy at different ends… and I didn’t want to interrupt your splendid take down of the lieutenant here. Quite the show if I must say so myself. Either way, I do believe I’m up to speed thanks to that.
:RishiWWD: And who is that next to you?
:LeontiusWWD: Oh, why, I bring you Lily Skywatcher, Herod’s secretary.
:LilyWWD: Um… h-hello?
:LeontiusWWD: Whom I personally believe is our main suspect for being the killer right now.
:LilyWWD: WAIT W-WHAT!?

:LeontiusWWD: After all, she’s the only one who could enter the office without a trace. The secretary’s terminal had access to an override function for the door lock as well as the log for the door. While it does require a passport supposedly only known to Herod himself, I’ve found proof that Lily here knew it as well.
:LilyWWD: But I didn’t-
:LeontiusWWD: She also has the motive. Herod recently made quite a cut to her paycheck… as well as forced her to work overtime without pay. Greed is quite the motivator for scum, isn’t it?
:LilyWWD: I would ne-
:LeontiusWWD: And it seems like I just got the final nail to her coffin delivered on my datapad. The analyze is complete… and the test results shows that on your left shoulder, Lily, you have faint residue of a IOKec-Crystal, that is to say, from the murder weapon as it was fired. It seems like you missed a spot when you cleaned yourself.
:LilyWWD: W-w-what? But… I… but I n-never…

:LeontiusWWD: Well then, miss Rishi, care to join me in uncovering the truth of this matter and nail this bad guy… or gal, which it might be in this case?
>>
No. 807057 ID: fc33ea

Is this a good cop bad cop thing? I think this we're doing good cop bad cop.

Well Lily, that's pretty damning. Would you care to tell your side of the story? Everything that happened since, say, a few hours ago.
>>
No. 807058 ID: fc33ea

Oh, also, open up the autopsy report.
>>
No. 807059 ID: 3ce125

>>807056
Yes, we have established motive, and opportunity, and means is plausible as well.

HOWEVER. She still needs to be placed at the scene of the crime. Was she ever near the victim's office? It's possible the crystal residue on her shoulder was because she was touched by the real killer... don't say that out loud until you get her side of the story though. You would effectively be feeding her a convincing lie if you brought that up too early.

Does she smell of cleaning fluid? That's another thing to bring up- the killer should smell like they thoroughly cleaned themselves, with something strong enough to remove blood.

What was the proof that she had the password? Could someone have gotten it from her? Also, since the password's security was breached once already, someone else could have gotten it the same way she did.
>>
No. 807062 ID: 91ee5f

>>807056
>require a passport
Time to make fun of your partner's slip of the tongue!

"Well, if she has the victim's identification for travel, then the only thing we could charge her for is stealing. Besides, she'd need a password to enter this office, not a passport."

>Constantly interrupting her.
"Now, now, we've already had someone jump to conclusions, let's not have you start doing it also! Let's hear her side of the story and follow the evidence to confirm or deny her alibi."

>>807059
>Does she smell of cleaning fluid? That's another thing to bring up- the killer should smell like they thoroughly cleaned themselves, with something strong enough to remove blood.
I say we get close to her and start sniffing. Then we tell them that she doesn't have a strong smell, like anything that could've been strong enough to clean off blood.

After we disprove his claims, we should tell him that he owes her an apology!
>>
No. 807065 ID: 3ce125

Oh, even if she's not the killer it's possible she's an accomplice. Like, if she was standing next to whoever shot the gun, that would get some residue on her too.
>>
No. 807067 ID: fc33ea

Obviously there's plenty of ways crystals could be transferred to her shoulder, most likely the killer touched her at some point for some reason. We just need to get her to tell us without giving her any ideas for an Alibi.
>>
No. 807076 ID: cb9e15

>>807057
Agreed, let's give this guy a chance and not immediately call him out.

And also give the poor girl a chance, being the "good cop" here.
>>
No. 807077 ID: 91ee5f

>>807062
(I'd also like to add this.)

Just facepalm yourself and say, "If I had a [insert amount of money here] for every time one of my coworkers jumped to conclusions about a case, I'd be rich and would've retired early and I'd be enjoying myself right about now."
>>
No. 807079 ID: 65a774
File 149704925966.png - (29.32KB , 900x450 , 20.png )
807079

>Is this a good cop bad cop thing? I think this we're doing good cop bad cop.
Dammit, you always wanted to be the bad cop if you ever got the chance to do something like that. But you guess it’s not helping it… you’re the good cop now it seems.
>Obviously there's plenty of ways crystals could be transferred to her shoulder, most likely the killer touched her at some point for some reason.
Indeed… you’ll need to watch what she says and see if an opportunity like that comes up.
>Oh, even if she's not the killer it's possible she's an accomplice.
Even if she seems shy and meek, it’s fully possible that’s just an act. She is a suspect as of now, so let’s at least suspect her.

>I say we get close to her and start sniffing.
Getting close to her, you notice that there is a faint smell of soap on her. Looking over her plump form, you can also see that the arms of her dress are still slightly damp… as if they were recently watched.
:LilyWWD: Eh? …c-can I h-help you?
:RishiWWD: The killer has probably cleaned off their hands recently.
:LeontiusWWD: And you, dear Lily, have a rather newly cleaned hands, don’t you?
:LilyWWD: I… s-spilled coffee on them?

>Was she ever near the victim's office?
:LeontiusWWD: Considering you have to walk through her workroom and pass her desk to get in here, I would say yes, she was.
>What was the proof that she had the password? Could someone have gotten it from her?
:LeontiusWWD: It was written down on a post-it note on her wall, which mean anyone might have seen it, correct.
:LilyWWD: W-wait, I h-had it written down? Um… ops?
:LeontiusWWD: Of course, you still need access to her terminal to use it.
:LilyWWD: And I always lock the door if I leave my workstation, so no one… can… I’m just d-digging myself deeper, aren’t I?
:LeontiusWWD: You are proving my theory right, indeed…

:RishiWWD: Now, now, we've already had someone jump to conclusions, let's not have you start doing it also! Let's hear her side of the story and follow the evidence to confirm or deny her alibi.
:LeontiusWWD: I concur. Lily, can you tell us what happened the last hour or so…
:LilyWWD: Um… well…
>>
No. 807080 ID: 65a774
File Case1Lily.swf - (47.37KB , 901x601 )
807080

For those that can’t access the flash, look below:

-Lily’s coffee troubles-

My boss was working late again, which forces me to do the same. Since about 4 o’clock I’ve been hard at work writing several mails he wanted to have done, which I’ve still haven’t been able to finish.

At about 5 that Sakkilian lady came and wanted to see Herod. Cogwelder I believe her name is? It was a bit odd as Herod hadn’t scheduled a meeting with her or anything, but he let her in anyway. I was a bit distracted after that so I’m not entirely sure when she left, but she did so in quite a hurry. She just shoved me to the side when I tried to greet without saying a word.

About 15 or 20 minutes later, I think it was about a quarter to 6, I got a message from the boss telling me to go and get a cup of coffee for him and his acquaintance, which is really odd because no one else had entered his office after Cogwelder left.

So… um… I went to get coffee and kind of spilled it all over myself because I’m so darn clumsy and had to wash it off with a bunch of soap but I wasn’t able to properly dry my dress and I was in a hurry to get back before the boss got mad and almost forgot the coffee but then you guys where there and *mumble mumble*


(While there was a few things to note; you have a feeling you should ask a few questions before pressing on further…)
>>
No. 807083 ID: fc33ea

Alright, do you have the message from your boss? Is there still coffee spilled somewhere, and do you actually have the coffee you were bringing? What was taking those e-mails so long, what can you tell me about them? Cogwelder pushed you, point to where.

I'm not sure I understand, are there two lockable doors, one for each office, or only one door to the Vic's office that she keeps locked? The responding officers only spoke of one locked door, and she's scatterbrained enough that I'm guessing she forgot. I'm also guessing that Cogwelder left someone behind to fix the scene after she shot the Vic, and that person sent the message in the vic's name to get her to leave the room, unless I'm getting my timetables wrong.

We need like a mental/digital timeline to start organizing these events.

..AN, what happened before Cogwelder brought you to me?
>>
No. 807085 ID: 4854ef

The Sakklian lady.. Did she shove you by your shoulders?
>>
No. 807086 ID: 3ce125

>>807080
Does she handle all of Herod's emails? Let's check the timestamps on the emails that were sent out to see if that matches her story so far.
Ask what she was distracted by, and what the emails were that she hasn't sent yet. Assuming we are authorized to read the contents, anyway...
Also ask what Cogweather looked like. Was she scared? Angry?
If she spilled coffee on her clothing shouldn't there be stains?

Also, does she have any record of the message she got? It's possible the killer just used his computer to send it, but... the time she gave is very very close to when his life monitor went off.
Is it possible there was someone in here with a cloaking device?
>>
No. 807091 ID: 91ee5f

She's nervous, which is to be expected when she's being accused for murder. But I think another reason for her nervousness is because her hips are currently being put to shame by Rishi's thiccness!

Officer Rishi, holster dem hips! Damn, it's so easy to forget how dangerous dem hips are!

>Shoved by Cogwelder.
Ask her how she was shoved. But don't give her an out by saying if a hand was placed on her or if she was shoved by being grabbed on her shoulders.

>Washed hands.
She'd need more than soap and water to wash away the smell of blood. And if any got on her clothes, trying to wash it away with only soap and water would just smear the blood on her clothes and make it worse. She'd need some sort of strong smelling cleaning supplies in order to get rid of blood and she only smells like soap.

Actually, can An scan Lily's clothes and hands to see if there are any traces of coffee, soap, blood, crystals, or really strong cleaning chemicals on her?

>Message.
Is it at all possible that message was supposed to be sent to Lily as soon as Cogwelder entered the room, but was delayed so that Lily received the message after Cogwelder had already left? Which would also mean that the life monitor signal could've also been put on a dely so that Cogwelder could be out of the room before the life monitor announced the victim was dead.

Actually, what if both the "go get coffee" message and the "I'm dead" signal were sent at the same time? Let's ask for times on when Lily got her message and when the life monitor flatlined.

>Password out where anyone could see it.
It was already said that the door could be opened from both sides with the same password. Lily had it written down on a post-it note on her wall, Cogwelder could've seen it and then used it to let herself out and the door would've registered it as the victim letting her out.
>>
No. 807150 ID: fe7355

What's that on the floor behind Leontius? It wasn't there a minute ago when he and Lily walked in. Go take a closer look at what it is, while also asking Leontius to step aside with you so you can confer privately.

Once out of Lily's earshot, whisper to Leon that this is why we should follow proper PK interview protocol and never let suspects hear any more about the case from us than absolutely necessary. Because of all he said in front of Lily, we can't tell if she's being truthful or making up lies based on it to fit what he said. For example, if he hadn't spilled where the crystal residue was on her we could have asked her where Ferara shoved her and if she said anywhere but her shoulder we would have had her. But now, she'll say her left shoulder and we can't tell if it's true or not. And Lily was standing by him while you took the lieutenant's theory apart, wasn't she? So now any questions we ask her that would be related to that info we can't tell if she's saying what she knew or what she heard here. Seriously, why in the world did he let Lily hear all that? Well, whatever his reasons, from now on lets keep our case talk out of earshot of Lily and watch what we say when asking her questions, okay?

>Since about 4 o’clock I’ve been hard at work writing several mails he wanted to have done, which I’ve still haven’t been able to finish.
We'll want to check her computer to confirm that she was working on these e-mails and any timestamp they may have. Also check the time on any e-mails she did send, as well as checking the company e-mail server for activity on her account, in case she locally deleted sent e-mails.

>I was a bit distracted after that so I’m not entirely sure when she left, but she did so in quite a hurry
Ask what it was that had her distracted, and what did Ferara's expression look like.

>She just shoved me to the side when I tried to greet without saying a word.
Ask Lily to show you where Ferara shoved her and check there for bruising. Even light bruising would help back up Lily's story.

>About 15 or 20 minutes later, I think it was about a quarter to 6, I got a message from the boss telling me to go and get a cup of coffee for him and his acquaintance, which is really odd because no one else had entered his office after Cogwelder left.
And even odder because this was roughly when Herod's health implant sent out the alert he was dead. Ask Lily what way Herod sent the message to her. You'll want to check the device that received the message, the one that sent it, and any intermediate company devices such as a server, for records of that message.

Also ask where Lily went to get the coffee from, if anyone else saw her there or on the way there or back, where the cups or mugs she spilled are, and if she brought coffee back here after cleaning up from the spill. You'll want to check for recently spilled coffee where she went, any coffee cup she may have trashed for fingerprints, and any coffee she brought back for how long it's been since it was poured.

>It was written down on a post-it note on her wall, which mean anyone might have seen it, correct.
But how would they know it was the door password? Was it titled with "door password" or some such? But however they'd know what it is, it still means anyone could have unlocked the door if they had access to the secretary terminal. And anyone with familiarly with the kind of system it is would know how to delete the log entries as well.

>And I always lock the door if I leave my workstation, so no one… can… I’m just d-digging myself deeper, aren’t I?
Wait, how does locking Herod's office door secure her workstation at all from anyone coming along to use her terminal? Or is there another, outer, door that leads into her work area that she locks? Because if there is, we'll want to check that door's logs as well.

And thinking of doors, did the door to Herod's office require the override password or his keycard to toggle the lock from the inside, or is there just something like a button next to the door to do that? Because it has to be some kind of fire code violation if it's the former.

Ask Lily if she's left or right handed, then ask her to hold her dominant hand out like she's firing a gun and measure how high off the floor it is. Then ask An to estimate where the gunshot passed near the plant and based on that project a cone of possible trajectories back from where the shot impacted the window. Compare the height of Lily's hand and where she could have possibly stood to the possible shot trajectories. If her hand is too low, or she could not have stood where she could have fired with her dominant hand, then it's less likely she fired the gun.

Ask both An and the forensics officer to examine Lily's clothing for traces of blood, coffee, soap and other cleaning solutions. Even if she washed it off her hands and sleeves, it could have still spattered traces on the rest of her clothing. And do the same for any part of her that isn't covered by clothing. Feet, legs, face, whatever.

Ask Lily why she continued working here even after her wages were slashed and she had to work overtime without pay. If it were you, you'd have started looking for another job right away, so why did she stay?

Also check the secretary's terminal and the one in Herod's office for fingerprints that do not match Lily or Herod. If ones from anyone but those two show up that aren't Peacekeeper's, that'll be notable.

And ask the forensics officer how they knew that the last one that used the door to Herod's office was Ferara, about 20 minutes before the alert for his death went up. (>>/quest/806815) How did the door log that? Did Ferara have to use her keycard to unlock and open it? And the officer also said the door auto-locks when someone leaves, so Lily saying she locks it whenever she leaves her workstation doesn't make sense. That'd mean there's a outer door to her workspace she locks if she's away.

>The secretary’s terminal had access to an override function for the door lock as well as the log for the door.
...You can't believe how dumb it is that they both put the activity and lock log for the office door on the unsecured side. And allowed it to be editable by the secretary. And that apparently it's the only copy and log entries aren't mirrored to a building security server or similar. Seriously, what kinda idiot do they have doing their security design to come up with this insecure garbage?
>>
No. 807152 ID: be0718

She was sent off to get coffee near the time of the victim's death. A convenient alibi. Was the message from your boss a text or vocal? Can you be sure it was really him telling you to go get coffee? (Did her boss actually like coffee? Notes for later cross-examination.)

What are other possible sources of IOKec crystal residue? Could the doctor have been in contact with it for unrelated purposes, working on a project?
>>
No. 807153 ID: fe7355

Also ask Lily where she washed up. You'll want to check the faucet handles and countertop there for any trace blood or coffee.
>>
No. 807157 ID: 65a774
File 149710299950.png - (106.31KB , 900x450 , 21.png )
807157

>What's that on the floor behind Leontius?
It’s some kind of animal tail biomod, you think? It’s a thin tail covered in brown hair that has a yellowish bush of hair on the end of it.
>She's nervous, which is to be expected when she's being accused for murder. But I think another reason for her nervousness is because her hips are currently being put to shame by Rishi's thiccness!
Actually, her eyes seem to repeatedly get stuck on your chest, not your hips…

>I'm not sure I understand, are there two lockable doors, one for each office?
There is indeed two doors, it seems. One to the Herod’s office and one to Lily’s “office”. As the door to Lily’s workroom is still functional, you’re going to guess that it was open when the peace keepers arrived.
>Did the door to Herod's office require the override password or his keycard to toggle the lock from the inside, or is there just something like a button next to the door to do that?
You can open the door with just a press of the button from the inside, even if it would be locked. It would be a safety hazard otherwise.
>Is it possible there was someone in here with a cloaking device?
Cloaking devices are the thing of sci-fi stories, not reality.
>She'd need more than soap and water to wash away the smell of blood.
Question is, would she even have blood on her if she was the killer? It’s possible she was standing too far away to be hit with any splatter… and it’s possible to plant the gun without touching any blood.


>Message Leon that this is why we should follow proper PK interview protocol and never let suspects hear any more about the case from us than absolutely necessary. Because of all he said in front of Lily, we can't tell if she's being truthful or making up lies based on it to fit what he said.
:LeontiusWWD: [My apologies, but it seems I was so caught up in my zeal that I didn’t think of who might hear. Of course, I might have been so caught up that I fudged some of the details. Just trust me on this one ;)]

>Does she handle all of Herod's emails?
:LilyWWD: Um… all his work related ones. His private ones as well as the really secret ones he sends himself.
:LeontiusWWD: Those would be the messages we found on his terminal, then.
>Do you have the message from your boss?
:LilyWWD: Err… no? I… I mean, he usually sends those kinds of things on the quick message to my com mod, so… they aren’t saved?
>We'll want to check her computer to confirm that she was working on these e-mails and any timestamp they may have.
:LeontiusWWD: As far as we can tell, she hasn’t sent any messages today. Instead, we found her playing solitaire.
:LilyWWD: Err… t-there’s a good reason for that and… um… t-the HoloWeb was down so…
:LeontiusWWD: So you couldn’t send anything? Hmm…
>Ask what she was distracted by.
:LilyWWD: As I said, the HoloWeb was down so… um… I was trying to fix it? I was checking the cables to my terminal when… err… Cogwelder left so… I guess I was kind of standing in the way of the door?
:LeontiusWWD: How long was it down?
:LilyWWD: Err… from about… right after five to… err… a quarter to six? I think it came up just as I got the coffee message…

>If she spilled coffee on her clothing shouldn't there be stains?
:LilyWWD: H-hey, are you implying I can’t afford stainless clothes!?
>Is there still coffee spilled somewhere, and do you actually have the coffee you were bringing?
:LilyWWD: Err… I’ve already cleaned up the spilled coffee and… um…
:LeontiusWWD: There are two cups of coffee on her desk, which are still hot.
>Also ask Lily where she washed up. You'll want to check the faucet handles and countertop there for any trace blood or coffee.
:LilyWWD: Um… there’s a breakroom right down there corridor. It’s where I get the coffee as well.
:CopWWD: I’ll send someone down to check, ma’am.
>Also ask what Cogweather looked like. Was she scared? Angry?
:LilyWWD: I don’t know? I didn’t get a good look at her.
>Ask her how she was shoved.
:LilyWWD: She grabbed me by my right arm and just… wait, no, where did you say- I mean, my left shoulder, yeah…
:LeontiusWWD: …even if you’re not the culprit, lying to an officer of the law is an serious offence.
:LilyWWD: …I’m sorry, I shouldn’t lie. She didn’t grab my by my shoulder, she grabbed my right arm and yanked me away. I don’t think she ever touched my shoulder so… I… don’t know?
>Check there for bruising. Even light bruising would help back up Lily's story.
:LilyWWD: Um… let me just move my sleeve. She grabbed me right here.
:RishiWWD: There is indeed a bruise there…
:LilyWWD: She did grab me kind of hard so…
:LeontiusWWD: [And that bruise is the exact location where we actually found the residue, as well. Her left shoulder was actually clean.]
>>
No. 807158 ID: 65a774
File 149710300938.png - (103.10KB , 900x450 , 22.png )
807158

>…An, what happened before Cogwelder brought you to me?
:AnWWD: This unit must apologize, but you are not authorized for that information.
>Ask Lily to hold her dominant hand out like she's firing a gun and measure how high off the floor it is. Then ask An to estimate where the gunshot passed near the plant and based on that project a cone of possible trajectories back from where the shot impacted the window.
:LilyWWD: L-like this?
:AnWWD: Scanning… conclusion: Either Lily must have held the gun at an very odd angle, or she is simply too short.
:LeontiusWWD: And I don’t think she would hit her target if she didn’t take aim properly.

>Ask the forensics officer how they knew that the last one that used the door to Herod's office was Ferara.
:DreamerWWD: The security camera outside shows her coming and going. The door only logs if it’s been opened or not.
>Ask how they got into Lily’s “office”.
:DreamerWWD: The door was locked when we arrived, but the secretary was just returning with two cups of coffee and unlocked it for us.
:LeontiusWWD: Yet you didn’t unlock Herod’s office door?
:LilyWWD: I d-didn’t know I had the password! Some of those notes are like… 3 years old by now.


>Is it at all possible that message was supposed to be sent to Lily as soon as Cogwelder entered the room, but was delayed so that Lily received the message after Cogwelder had already left?
:LeontiusWWD: That… is possible, actually? If someone was able to block the signal then... the murder might have happen earlier than we think.
>Let's ask for times on when Lily got her message and when the life monitor flatlined.
:LeontiusWWD: Both of them happened at the same time… which means that they might both have been blocked by the same thing. That would also mean that the murder happened earlier… when Cogwelder was still in the office.
:RishiWWD: We need to contact her as soon as possible.
:LeontiusWWD: I already did… before I even got here. She should arrive shortly.
:LilyWWD: So I’m free to go?
:LeontiusWWD: You’re still a suspect, ma’am, just not the main one right now.
:LilyWWD: Oh…

:LeontiusWWD: Well then, while we wait for our special guest, why don’t we properly introduce ourselves?

He presents his hand to you for some reason as he continues.

:LeontiusWWD: As I said, I am Leontius Strongheart, proud investigator of the New Horizon peace Keeper force and your new par-
>>
No. 807159 ID: 65a774
File 149710301932.png - (103.43KB , 900x450 , 23.png )
807159

:LeontiusWWD: Err… I… that’s…

Seemingly for the first time, Leontius takes a proper look at you… and a proper look it is. His eyes quite clearly look you up and down several times, getting stuck a bit when passing your hips and chest. It takes a few seconds before he regains his composure…

:LeontiusWWD: I… I must apologize, but… I wasn’t expecting such… finely crafted bio-mods on a Serpens. Ah, but where is my manners. I’m terribly sorry but… it just took me by surprise, that’s all. I do hope you can forget my slight transgression?

>Officer Rishi, holster dem hips! Damn, it's so easy to forget how dangerous dem hips are!
These big guns can’t be holstered, baby. Besides, the damage is already done. Our little hawk friend here is already flabbergasted by their might.
>We need like a mental/digital timeline to start organizing these events.
Let’s see…
17:00 – Cogwelder arrives.
17:05 – The HoloWeb goes offline.
17:25 – Cogwelder leaves.
17:45 – Herod’s life-monitor signals his death.
17:45 – Lily gets a message from Herod about coffee.
17:45 – The HoloWeb comes back online.
17:55 – The Peace keepers arrive.
18:05 – They confirm that Herod is deceased.
>>
No. 807166 ID: 47160d

Tell him that if it is going to be a problem for him trying to maintain control while you are working then a quick fuck is in order. Also where the fucking hell is forensics?
>>
No. 807169 ID: 91ee5f

>>807157
>Cogwelder didn’t grab my by my shoulder, she grabbed my right arm and yanked me away. I don’t think she ever touched my shoulder
>There is indeed a bruise there…
>[And that bruise is the exact location where we actually found the residue, as well. Her left shoulder was actually clean.]
That would mean that Cogwelder was the shooter and she transferred crystal residue onto Lily. Let's also remember that when we first met her, she was reeking of some kind of cleaning fluid. Which means she won't have any crystal residue on her anymore. And she did panic a little when asked about it.

>>807158
>We need to contact her as soon as possible.
>I already did… before I even got here. She should arrive shortly.
She might if she thinks we still believe it's a suicide. But if she's paranoid enough to think we already figured out it's murder and believes that we're going to accuse her, she might try to run. Or if she's watching us through the buildings security cameras right now, she already knows that we suspect her and she's definitely going to try to run.

We don't know for sure, but we should make plans to catch her, just in case she doesn't show up.

>He presents his hand to you for some reason as he continues.
It's called a handshake. It's a thing others do to greet each other. So reach out and-

>>807159
>Leontius stares at Rishi's curves.
>I… I must apologize, but… I wasn’t expecting such… finely crafted bio-mods on a Serpens. Ah, but where is my manners. I’m terribly sorry but… it just took me by surprise, that’s all. I do hope you can forget my slight transgression?
"Trust me, you're not the first to stare and you certainly ain't gonna be the last to stare." *wink*

It's a good thing Rishi doesn't need a license to wield these curves! They're like weapons!
>>
No. 807182 ID: fc33ea

No, you are not going to lure him in with your hot lady bod and then do him in the butt. That's considered rude in alien culture. Be sure to drop that you're ovale at some point, just to make sure he knows what he's getting into before he jumps.

Shake his hand, mention you have no idea by what he means by transgression, but next time, you want to be the 'bad cop'.

Do Lily's messager thing and the life-monitor both use the holoweb, or some other system? It'll help us find out if Cogwelder used some kind of signal jammer or if she made a temporary holoweb blackout. It might not have even been Cogwelder who used a jammer- it's possible the Vic didn't want anybody listening in on their private meeting and was trying to defeat surveillance devices. What's Cogwelder in charge of, anyway?

That officer mentioned that you now have access to the preliminary autopsy, might want to pull that up.

>>807169
Forget security cameras, she threw An right into our laps- I'm willing to bet she can use his eyes and ears.
>>
No. 807183 ID: 3ce125

>>807159
Tell him not to worry, you liked his reaction. Ask him why he's offering his hand to you.
Also introduce yourself properly, as well.

Alright, something blocking the signal would explain the weirdness surrounding the time of death, and the delayed coffee message too. What kind of device could do that? Show your partner the items Herod was carrying, what does he make of them? (I wonder if we should be checking the "puzzle" this time)
>>
No. 807184 ID: 0d45a9

Sounds like the coffee message was sent while Cogwelder was in Herod's office, before he was killed, so they might've been discussing something. Then it sounds like Cogwelder shot Herod, left in a hurry, shoving Lily to deliberately plant some of the residue on her.

The message was delayed because the HoloWeb was down, so this is a guess but Cogwelder might've engineered the outage to delay the life monitor and by transferring the residue to Lily, set up a false suspect / red herring, because she'd respond to the coffee message when the HoloWeb came back online.
>>
No. 807188 ID: fe7355

Smile at Leon with your eyes and stick your hand out the same as he did (and remembering you really need to finish reading your xeno-relations primer.) Say with a tone of amusement that it's no transgression at all. In fact, it's the opposite. You appreciate knowing others appreciate your bio-mods are as "finely crafted" as you wanted them to be.

Discreetly study how Leon reacts, including his tail movements. Muse to yourself that you just might have another's help in relieving how pent up you are tonight rather than having to "take matters into your own hands." ...Mmm, you wonder what a Vark guy would be like. ...All those soft feathers. ...Then remember you can't be as freely forward with xenos as you would back home in matters of sex, lest you potentially offend. Urgh, how frustrating. Anyway, you're on the clock and you have more pressing matters to deal with now than your sexual desire. You'll feel him up- er- Feel him out later.

Message Leon (so An doesn't hear) to tell him about how Ferara met you in the lobby and how she reacted when you asked about the strong scent of cleaning fluid on her. But more importantly, tell him that she brought An with her, half-foisting the android on you. You suspect An may be working for Ferara under her directives, or at least bugged without her knowledge, and transmitted everything that happened here back to Ferara. She could be making a run for it right now. We should ask permission from the company to locate her via their cameras, or at least ask them to do so for us. How quick can we get backup here to intercept Ferara if she's fleeing?

We should check with the company if they make any kind of comm or network jammers, or if Ferara has expertise in that field. If they do or she does, she'd have access to them and could have brought one into Herod's office in her pocket, activated it, hid it after doing the deed, and its battery ran out forty minutes later. Alternatively, it was Herod's jammer, meant so nobody could listen in on their conversation. Either way we'll have to search the office thoroughly for any hidden jamming devices.
>>
No. 807189 ID: 3ce125

Oh, and compliment his tail.
>>
No. 807195 ID: be0718

>>807189
Ask if he likes having it pulled while mating.
>>
No. 807198 ID: 65a774
File 149712916055.png - (29.60KB , 900x450 , 24.png )
807198

>Ask him why he's offering his hand to you.
:LeontiusWWD: Eh? Oh, right, you’re new here. It’s called a handshake… it’s a kind of formal greeting.
>Shake his hand, mention you have no idea by what he means by transgression, but next time, you want to be the 'bad cop'.
:LeontiusWWD: B-bad cop!? Oh, right… that… um… sure, I guess?
>Tell him not to worry, you liked his reaction.
:LeontiusWWD: You… liked it?
:RishiWWD: I enjoy knowing others appreciate my bio-mods and think they are "finely crafted". Trust me, you're not the first to stare and you certainly aren’t going to be the last to stare. *wink*
:LeontiusWWD: Oh… um… hehe…*gulp*?
>Oh, and compliment his tail. It’s really fluffy.
:LeontiusWWD: Why thank you. It’s based on the magnificent gryphon, an animal from the human earth representing Honor and Courage! Sadly, it went extinct when the Earth’s atmosphere became toxic.
>Tell him that if it is going to be a problem for him trying to maintain control while you are working then a quick fuck is in order.
:LeontiusWWD: W-w-what!? Y-you want to- just like- Gnnt… r-right… Serpens… Ah, I… I forget your kind can be so forward.
:RishiWWD: I’m sorry, but was I a bit rude right now?
:LeontiusWWD: No need to be sorry, but… yes, a bit. At least buy someone dinner first before asking something like that, alright?
:RishiWWD: Dinner? I’ll remember that.

>Discreetly study how Leon reacts, including his tail movements.
It’s quite clear that he enjoyed himself when you complimented his tail, especially how his tail started to sway a bit… and it’s even clearer that he became flustered when you asked for a quickie, as both his face became red as well as his tail started wagging like crazy.
>Muse to yourself that you just might have another's help in relieving how pent up you are tonight…
While you’d prefer a gal like Lily instead, you’ll not say no to someone like this. He’s proud and strong-willed, yet easily flustered. That means he’ll both be interesting to wrestle for dominance and a delight to feel quiver in pleasure beneath you as you pump him full of eggs.
>No, you are not going to lure him in with your hot lady bod and then do him in the butt. That's considered rude in alien culture.
Indeed, it seems to be rude. Apparently you need to buy him dinner first? Geez, these alien cultures are so weird and illogical. But you guess it’s a bit more interesting to have to work for it?
>Ask if he likes having his tail pulled while mating.
That something that can wait until right before the mating… or after you’ve paid for dinner at least.
>Be sure to drop that you're ovale at some point, just to make sure he knows what he's getting into before he jumps.
You’ll try to find an opening that doesn’t make it awkward… though he should know what you are just by seeing your hood.
>"take matters into your own hands."
That’s disgusting. Masturbation is for criminals, the insane or... the really, REALLY desperate. You’re surrounded by people, so there’s really no point in sinking that low.
>You really need to finish reading your xeno-relations primer.
But it’s like a thousand pages long! …and boring! Can’t you just gloss over the summaries again?

>That officer mentioned that you now have access to the preliminary autopsy, might want to pull that up.
You’ve already glossed over it. It’s mostly just information you already have… and if there’s anything else you’ll need to know, you’ll look it up then.
>Do Lily's messager thing and the life-monitor both use the holoweb, or some other system?
They wouldn’t be using the HoloWeb, no.


>What kind of device could block signals like that?
:LeontiusWWD: Well, I do believe there are devices that can… but they are need a rather powerful AI to operate and are rather big?
:AnWWD: Gathering data… It would require at least an AI of 5.33.42BQ capacity and a chassis the size of 2.5 Decimeter times 2.5 decimeters.
:LeontiusWWD: Err… yeah… what it said.
>Show your partner the items Herod was carrying, what does he make of them?
:LeontiusWWD: This toy seems to be broken or oddly made. Aren’t you supposed to get all the sides to be only one color? Yet… all of the center pieces are the same color, making it impossible. Either way, it’s too small to be the jammer, so I don’t think it has anything to do with the current case.

>Message Leon (so An doesn't hear) to tell him about how Ferara met you in the lobby and how she brought An with her, half-foisting the android on you.
:LeontiusWWD: [It did seem odd that you had that thing with you. It’s clear that it’s a plant, but I don’t think it’s spying. We would have notice if it was sending out information by now.]
>Also tell him how she reacted when you asked about the strong scent of cleaning fluid on her.
:LeontiusWWD: [That is indeed a bit damning, yes.]
>It sounds like Cogwelder shot Herod, left in a hurry and shoving Lily to deliberately plant some of the residue on her.
:LeontiusWWD: [Remember, we still lack any evidence beyond Lily’s words for our current theory. The solid evidence still points more towards Lily than Cogwelder.]
>How quick can we get back up here to intercept Ferara if she's fleeing?
:LeontiusWWD: [That won’t be necessary, look toward the door.]

:FeraraWWD: What is it that you want. I’ve already told you what I know. I’ll have you know; I am very busy and won’t have time for any trivial banter.
:AnWWD: Yay, aunt Ferararara is here!
>>
No. 807203 ID: 3ce125

>>807198
Assure her, you have grave matters to discuss. This is now a murder investigation. Ask for her to give a detailed account of events that took place before, during, and after she last saw the victim.

Of course, we're going to need to scan her hands and arms for residue. Be sure to check inside her sleeves, she could have missed cleaning there.
>>
No. 807208 ID: fc33ea

Oh boy, Bad cop time! Quick, message Leo and ask if we should ask for her side of the story, if there's any lie we should try to catch her in, or just lay her out with facts.

if it's the latter...

There's nothing trivial about murder, Cogwelder. Neither are your attempts to destroy evidence.

Maybe you can tell me why your row with Herod resulted in you shooting him. A 'convenient' holoweb outage prevented his life termination signal from going out for a half an hour, giving you plenty of time to put the gun in his hand to try and make it look like a suicide, abscond, clean the gunshot residue and blood off yourself, and then put on a my-time-is-valuble act for the police. You were the last person to see him alive, and even left IOKec-Crystal traces on his secretary when you pushed her out of the way fleeing the scene.

As for Why, I have a theory. Cogwelder has been testing something for 6 months- to no avail, I might add- prominant AI researcher Dr. Esk’eth had been dead for 6 months. Herod brought Cogwelder into his office to discuss the future of a certain project... my guess is Herod was trying to take An away from Cogwelder. Judging by how An has imprinted on 'auntie', I'm guessing she took that poorly. See what she thinks of that theory.
>>
No. 807211 ID: 0d45a9

It's semantics but does the HoloWeb, life monitor, and Lily's messenger use the same infrastructure? i.e. All using signal repeaters which could be shut down.

What about radio jammers? Just flood the channel with noise.

2.5 dm by 2.5 dm by 2.5 dm, is pretty small, would be about head size. Say, An, what capacity of AI are you?
>>
No. 807213 ID: 91ee5f

>>807198
"Ah, Ms. Cogwelder, so good of you to join us! As a matter of fact, this is important. After reviewing the crime scene, we have concluded that this was murder, not a suicide! So far, we have two suspects, the last person to seen the victim alive, which is you, and the only person that has access to the password that opens the door, which is Lily, the victim's secretary. Lily has already provided her alibi, so now it's your turn, Ms. Cogwelder. Give us a detailed account of events from before your meeting with the victim, during that meeting, and after that meeting."

>Yay, aunt Ferararara is here!
Even more evidence supporting the theory that An is sentient. But that's for another time, focus on the case now.

>>807211
>2.5 dm by 2.5 dm by 2.5 dm, is pretty small, would be about head size.
Yeah, that's bigger than what I expected. But I was right when I thought that it would be smaller than what Leon was suggesting it would be.

>Say, An, what capacity of AI are you?
I have a feeling that the answer is going to be a repeat from when we asked what happened before Cogwelder brought An to us. The answer being An saying, "This unit must apologize, but you are not authorized for that information."
>>
No. 807216 ID: 41c701

>>807213
>Even more evidence supporting the theory that An is sentient. But that's for another time, focus on the case now.
Not necessarily. It's possible one of the AI staff decided to test some code for robots to befriend kids. Or was playing a prank.
>>
No. 807220 ID: fe7355

Message Leon you want to approach Ferara like this is still a suicide investigation before dropping that it's actually for murder. Don't want to spook her so she invokes her right to a lawyer and clams up before we get anything out of her. Oh, and you ought to read what Ferara told the officers when they interviewed her before your arrival.

Ask Ferara if, between 17:00 and 17:45, any tests were conducted or equipment operated in this building that could interfere with the frequency band used for life-monitor transmission. Say that you have reason to believe that Herod died earlier than thought and something interfered with his life-monitor's broadcast. If this company was doing anything like that, you'll need to check that they have the correct permits for it.

Also ask Ferara if we could have supervised access to the logs of any fabricators in this building to determine if any were used to produce the components for the gun Herod shot himself with.

And you remember that Ferara referred to Herod's secretary as being male, not female. You doubt she didn't notic Lily's boobs (you certainly couldn't,) and Ferara has likely been on New Horizon long enough to know a female Vark from a male. Ask Ferara if she knows who Herod's secretary is and when did she last see said secretary.

And you also want to know who told Ferara that she had to come meet you in the lobby. She obviously has more important work to do, and her boss would know that, so how come it wasn't a security guard or some such?

Now, before Ferara inevitably tries to stomp off in a huff of self-importance, spring that this is actually now a murder investigation, not a suicide one. Tell her, as the last person to see Herod before his murder, she's a suspect and you want to hear her account of the events between 16:00 and 18:30.

>But it’s like a thousand pages long! …and boring! Can’t you just gloss over the summaries again?
Not if you want to be a Peacekeeper inspector on New Horizon with hopes and dreams of promotion. Not only would knowing how the many different non-Serpens on New Horizon think and behave help you work cases, you'd know how to avoid racking up behavior complaints from fellow officers, superiors and citizens. That and the possibility of accidentally pissing off exactly the wrong superior or big-shot which could land you on indefinite desk duty and in career limbo.

>You’ll try to find an opening that doesn’t make it awkward… though he should know what you are just by seeing your hood.
You of all people should know in this day and age of bio-modding that having a hood up top doesn't automatically mean there's a ovipositor down below. Heck, for all you know he could have female parts down there. So just figure that if he's interested in you, he'll probably be trying to work out what you got "under the hood" too.

>That’s disgusting. Masturbation is for criminals, the insane or... the really, REALLY desperate. You’re surrounded by people, so there’s really no point in sinking that low.
Okay, the desperate part makes sense, but why the insane and criminals are in this group? But besides that, there's almost certainly a Serpens-to-Serpens hook-up site on the station HoloWeb you can take advantage of if you're getting desperate.

>Gathering data… It would require at least an AI of 5.33.42BQ capacity and a chassis the size of 2.5 Decimeter times 2.5 decimeters.
That's actually not that big. It could fit in a 'bot torso with a bit of room to spare. And the jammer doesn't have to be in the same room, does it? It could be in a adjacent room, or even a floor above or below and still reach, right?

It's also possible that the HoloWeb outage part was done by simply disconnecting the network cables for Herod's office and Lily's workspace at the patch panel in the wiring closet for this part of the building. Better see if you can get video from any security cameras monitoring that room. And would not having to block wired as well as wireless communication reduce the size of the device needed to jam Lily's comm mod and Herod's life-monitor?

>>807208
Okay, no to this plan. It throws out a load of evidence, info and theories about the case which means we won't be able to tell if Ferara knew them before Rishi said them. Also, coming on that strong really risks that Ferara will immediately invoke her right to legal counsel, which would put this case on hold until her lawyer arrives. Then we'd probably end up having to contend with some high-powered attorney on retainer to the company being an obstructionist dick about everything we ask.

>>807211
>It's semantics but does the HoloWeb, life monitor, and Lily's messenger use the same infrastructure?
Lily mentioned when the HoloWeb went down for her she went to check the cables on her terminal to try and fix it. That implies it's a hardline. And Lily said Herod sends messages to her comm mod, which is a cybernetic implant, so that's wireless, likely akin to a cell phone. And life-monitor implants would obviously need to be wireless as well, though it may use separate radio infrastructure from comm implants.
>>
No. 807228 ID: 3ce125

...ask An what her capacity is.
>>
No. 807244 ID: fc33ea

>You’ll try to find an opening that doesn’t make it awkward… though he should know what you are just by seeing your hood.
You're going to complain about how difficult your reading on alien culture is, and then expect other people to know everything there is to know about you? Besides, I don't think he's looking at your hood.

> It would require at least an AI of 5.33.42BQ capacity and a chassis the size of 2.5 Decimeter times 2.5 decimeters.
Easy for the Chief of the Engineering and Mechanical department to get ahold of.

>>807220
Well I guess, since leo says the physical evidence points to Lilly, but I don't see it.
>>
No. 807245 ID: fe7355

Oh, and don't forget to ask Ferara at some point to explain why she reeked of cleaning fluid when you first met.
>>
No. 807256 ID: 91ee5f

>>807220
>Okay, no to this plan.
I agree, no to that plan!
>>
No. 807271 ID: 3ce125

>>807220
Well your post won't fit on my screen so I'm just going to say no to whatever it was.
>>
No. 807290 ID: fe7355

>>807220
Actually, just drop acting at first to Ferara like this is still a suicide investigation. It'll just drop her hints as to what you know. Just go right to declaring this is now a murder case and asking her to recount where she was and what she was doing between 16:00 and 18:30. But make sure you get her story before asking questions or stating anything you know, so she can't change her story based on that. And work in the questions you were going to ask if you'd acted like this was still a suicide investigation where you can.
>>
No. 807312 ID: 65a774
File 149719906947.png - (116.02KB , 900x450 , 25.png )
807312

>You're going to complain about how difficult your reading on alien culture is, and then expect other people to know everything there is to know about you?
…right, you’re a bit hypercritical, aren’t you? Fine, you’ll read some more of it, when you have the time.
>Besides, I don't think he's looking at your hood.
You rather not have anything fun being ruined by poor communication, so you’ll tell him what the hood means when the opportunity presents itself.
>Okay, the desperate part makes sense, but why the insane and criminals are in this group?
Because they are locked up alone either as punishment or for their / others safety?
>There's almost certainly a Serpens-to-Serpens hook-up site on the station HoloWeb you can take advantage of if you're getting desperate.
If you really wanted to take the easy way out you would have moved into the “Little Roon” spire from the start. But you wanted something new, so moving into what is basically a smaller version of home is counterproductive. No, you want to get to know some new cultures first hand both in the bed and outside it.

>Even more evidence supporting the theory that An is sentient.
If she actually was sentient, wouldn’t they’ve detected it by now? The software for SAI detection is supposedly extremely advance, after all.
>Not necessarily. It's possible one of the AI staff decided to test some code for robots to befriend kids. Or was playing a prank.
Or she simply learned it from somewhere. She’s probably programmed to observe and mimic, after all.
>2.5 dm by 2.5 dm by 2.5 dm, is pretty small, would be about head size.
Indeed… it wouldn’t be that hard to carry around… or hide… in plain sight, even… hmm…
>It's semantics but does the HoloWeb, life monitor, and Lily's messenger use the same infrastructure?
While they are based on the same tech, they use completely different infrastructure. The HoloWeb is mostly land based with cables, the Com-mod uses radio waves and the Life monitor… err… some kind of priority signal that’s… also radio based? You think?


>Quick, message Leo and ask if we should ask for her side of the story, if there's any lie we should try to catch her in, or just lay her out with facts.
:LeontiusWWD: [She will probably not tell anything about the meeting itself, so we might need to focus on what she did before… and more importantly, after the meeting. Do try to not give her too many facts to work with, so we can catch her if she makes stuff up.]

>Ask for her to give a detailed account of events that took place before, during, and after she last saw the victim.
:FeraraWWD: I’ll say the same thing as I did last time. Herod had asked me to see him, so when I finally got some free time I headed to his office. I met him and we discussed a project that you aren’t authorized to know about. Then I left and headed back to my office. I was originally going to start preparing to head home, but one of the CogBoys on the floor called me as one of the Fabricators had malfunctioned. Apparently, someone had deleted the schematic archive, probably to hide that they had printed something for private use.
:RishiWWD: They printed something for private use? Does that happen often?
:FeraraWWD: It happens at times, yes, but I’ve repeatedly told them to not try and hide it like that, or to contact either an admit or me so we can go in and delete the schematic they used personally. It just create so much trouble when they manually crash the whole archive.
:RishiWWD: Do you have anyone who can verify this?
:FeraraWWD: The CogBoys can tell you that I’m currently helping them… and An here can tell you what I did after the meeting as well. An, tell me, where did we go after we left the AI offices?
:AnWWD: We went right back to your office, aunty.
:LeontiusWWD: You were at the meeting An?
:AnWWD: No, Aunty asked me to wait nearby while she went and had a private talk with uncle. She asked me to do some fun tests while I waited!
:FeraraWWD: I rather not have her around when we talk about confidential information. Also An, what I have told you about displaying emotions?
:AnWWD: That its help people understand like I feel and that I should do it at all times, like this.
:FeraraWWD: …I was hoping you would use more than just your eyes, but it’s an improvement.

>Ask Ferara to explain why she reeked of cleaning fluid when you first met.
:FeraraWWD: Are you implying that I smell? Because I don’t know what cleaning fluid you are talking about.
:RishiWWD: You smelled strongly of it when I arrived. Why?
:FeraraWWD: Do you have any solid proof of your claim?
:RishiWWD: Um… well… no?
:FeraraWWD: Whatever you believed you smelled is irrelevant, officer, as it’s clear that I’m not “reeking of cleaning fluid” am I?
>Ask Ferara if, between 17:00 and 17:45, any tests were conducted or equipment operated in this building that could interfere with the frequency band used for life-monitor transmission.
:FeraraWWD: I do not believe there are any official projects that would interfere with something like that, no. We are a robotics company; we build robots, not communicators or the like.
>Say, An, what capacity of AI are you?
:AnWWD: Gathering data… this unit’s Capacity is… undetermined.
:FeraraWWD: We’re still trying to figure out where on the scale An here lands.

>Of course, we're going to need to scan her hands and arms for residue.
:FeraraWWD: Residue? What kind of residue?
:CopWWD: Just stay still while I use this cotton swab on your sleeves. You don’t want to get these chemicals directly on your scales.
:FeraraWWD: Hmpf, very well. Don’t worry about my scales, I’m nearly completely cowered under these robes as well.
:CopWWD: There… let’s see if there is a reaction… hmm, I’m sorry, officer, but there isn’t any reaction on her sleeves or gloves.
:FeraraWWD: Are we done here? As I said, I still have a fabricator to recalibrate.
>>
No. 807324 ID: be0718

You'll want to have peacekeeper techs look over that fabricator before she goes tampering with evidence.
>>
No. 807336 ID: 91ee5f

>>807312
>No, Aunty asked me to wait nearby while she went and had a private talk with uncle.
Can Lily verify this?

>She asked me to do some fun tests while I waited!
What kind of 'fun tests'?

Message Leo [Do you have a guess on how close someone would need to be for the jammer to reach into this office? Because those 'fun tests' might've been what delayed the coffee message and the life monitor alert. We'd also need to know where An was standing while waiting for Cogwelder.]

Can we ask An to show us what the tests were?

Before An starts, message Leo to send some messages to you and you'll send some to him, during An's demonstration of what tests she was doing. If the messages you and Leo sent to each other don't immediately arrive and are only received after An is finished, then we'll have what caused the message delays!

Also, I was thinking about that "toy" the victim was holding. Is it possible that it's actually a recording device? The middle pieces that are the same color on all sides could be camera lenses and could've caught everything that happened in the room. .....maybe I'm just paranoid.

We could ask An if she was with Cogwelder all day and ask where they went after the meeting and before getting to Cogwelder's office. Because I'm pretty sure there's plenty of things in between here and Cogwelder's office that could help clean away residue.

>Do you have any solid proof of your claim?
An was there when Rishi asked about Cogwelder's smell, so wouldn't that count as "solid proof"? An may not be able to smell, but she can remember Rishi asking Cogwelder about that smell! In fact, An could tell us what happened to give Cogwelder that smell.
>>
No. 807337 ID: fc33ea

At what time was the fabricator damaged? Who has access to it? An, what kind of tests did you take?
>>
No. 807352 ID: fe7355

Tell Ferara that the gun that killed Herod could have been made using the tools and fabricators available here. That fact combined with the manual crash and deletion of the schematic archive leads you to think that someone may have been destroying the record that they fabricated a illicit firearm. Or maybe even more than one. You want to determine if the facilities here were used to produce a illicit firearm, and if so who used them.

You'll need repair on that particular fabricator to stop until our officers inspect it, its activity and access logs, the access log of the room it is in, and any possible security camera video over the area the fabricator is. Also a manual audit of the component and material feedstock for the fabricators would be in order. This would find any discrepancies between what's actually in stock and the inventory log that could account for what was needed for the illicit gun. Also ask Ferara when the schematic archive was crashed, who has access to the crashed fabricator, what level of access is needed to load schematics into the fabricator's archive and what would need to be done to crash the schematic archive. Do they actually physically pull the archive storage out of the fabricator while it is still on, corrupting it, or is it a software level thing?

Ask An where Ferara asked her to wait, how long she was there, who else, if anyone, was with her, what tests she was asked to do, and if she brought anything with her and if so what it was. Ferara doesn't seem to trust An to keep quiet about things, so maybe Ferara had An carry the jammer AI around in, like, a cardboard box. You'll have to look up or ask the range of a jammer of that type once Ferara isn't in earshot.

You also have to wonder why Lily didn't mention An's presence. Though, with how common it probably is to see 'droids walking around here, Lily may have ignored An like she was a piece of furniture. Or perhaps An didn't even enter Lily's workspace. An didn't show up on the hall camera like Ferara did, did she?

Message the forensics officer to ask if they can get a reasonably accurate measurement of a person's physical dimensions from just their suit's video. If so, you want them to take Ferara's dimensions and determine how high her hand would be if she held her arm like she was firing a gun. Normally you'd ask Ferara to just hold her arm out, but you suspect she'd immediately catch on she's a suspect and not cooperate. But if the forensics officer can't do that, then you can ask An what Ferara's dimensions are once Ferara is out of earshot.

>Do you have any solid proof of your claim?
You yourself don't have a record, but there were two others there: An and the Hiver officer. And An has olfactory sensors, doesn't she? She mentioned she could smell those flowers. If so then ask An if Ferara smelled strongly of something at that time, and if so to tell you what it was if An knows it. But even if An couldn't smell Ferara, perhaps the Hiver officer could have, if their suit vent was open. And even if neither smelled Ferara, they both could vouch that you asked Ferara why she smelled like cleaning fluid and her response. An would even have a recording of it stored in her memory we could view, right? And don't PK patrol officer's suits record everything while they're on duty or on a case? Because if so then the Hiver officer's suit would have captured the whole conversation with Ferara.

How long has it been since you first met Ferara? With how strong the smell of cleaner on her was, you think it could have dissipated in that time? Eh, without knowing what kind of cleaner it was you couldn't guess. But it's possible Ferara changed her clothes, or at least her lab robes, for clean ones after you pointed out she smelled strongly of cleaner. That would explain why she doesn't smell of it right now.
>>
No. 807361 ID: 3ce125

The gun would make noise wouldn't it? Ask An if it heard anything while Cogweather was meeting the victim.
>>
No. 807391 ID: 3ce125

...maybe it's time for a full statement from An, too.
>>
No. 807475 ID: 65a774
File 149728602737.png - (119.63KB , 900x450 , 26.png )
807475

>I was thinking about that "toy" the victim was holding. Is it possible that it's actually a recording device?
You better give it to the lab gals later for a proper examination. Until then… it’s just a toy you don’t have time to deal with.

>An was there when Rishi asked about Cogwelder's smell, so wouldn't that count as "solid proof"?
:FeraraWWD: I’m not denying you asked about a smell. What I’m questioning is if you actually smelled anything.
>An could tell us what happened to give Cogwelder that smell.
:AnWWD: Aunty always smells funny. She always got all kind of oils and fluids on her after she’s been on the manufacturing lines. Maybe you smelled one of those?

>Can Lily verify that An was waiting nearby under the meeting?
:LilyWWD: Um… no?
:FeraraWWD: Right next to the office in the corridor there’s some extra space with some chairs and a nice view of the main hall. I left An there, so she wouldn’t be in the way for anyone walking through.
>What kind of 'fun tests'?
:AnWWD: This unit is sorry, but you aren’t authorized to-
:FeraraWWD: Tell her, An.
:AnWWD: I became this big bubble and ate all the smaller bubbles and grew really, really big. It was fun. But then Ferara came and popped my bubble and I’m suddenly a small bubble again.
:FeraraWWD: She was testing how far her… mind should wander, so to speak.
:RishiWWD: …wait, she let her mind wander?
:FeraraWWD: She’s an AI. Her mind can’t leave her chassis, but it can grow if there’s room for it to do so. How large her mind can be is part of what decided what Capacity she is.
:AnWWD: Also, bubbles are super fun to pop!
>Can we ask An to show us what the tests were?
:AnWWD: This unit is sorry, but it does not have the required tools to do so.
:LeontiusWWD: Tools? What kind of tools?
:FeraraWWD: She need a kind of transmitter. The one we use is a sphere which can transmit her mind over a small distance.

>We could ask An if she was with Cogwelder all day.
:AnWWD: No, I was mostly in the play chamber so they can test me. But aunty came by every other hour to play with me and ask me these strange questions.
:RishiWWD: …what kind of questions?
:AnWWD: Like “Did you feel that” or “How did that make you feel” or “Did you dream?”.
>Ask where they went after the meeting and before getting to Cogwelder's office.
:AnWWD: We went through a corridor, a door, then an elevator and another corridor. Then we were there.
>...maybe it's time for a full statement from An, too.
:AnWWD: Aunty came and asked me to follow for a test, then we went to the window place where she asked me to use the fun ball while she was talking to uncle Herod, then I was a bubble and Ferara popped me because it was late so we went back to her office.
:LeontiusWWD: …can we get the times when all that happened?
:AnWWD: 16:45 Aunty came, 16:55 she asked me to play with fun ball then at 17:50 we arrive in her office.
:RishiWWD: …and when did she “pop” your bubble?
>>
No. 807476 ID: 65a774
File 149728603777.png - (122.02KB , 900x450 , 27.png )
807476

:AnWWD: Why, at 17:45.
:FeraraWWD: …!

(…that’s the exact time the Life-monitor came back online… and going by Ferara’s reaction, she knows it too.)

>Tell Ferara that the gun that killed Herod could have been made using the tools and fabricators available here.
:FeraraWWD: It was? That would explain why someone sabotaged one of the Fabricators. Usually, people just print “personal” toys or the like, not actual weapons.
>You'll want to have peacekeeper techs look over that fabricator before she goes tampering with evidence.
:FeraraWWD: If you so wish, just be quick about it. I can’t fathom what you expect to find though.
:CopWWD: We’ll send someone over straight away, ma’am.
>At what time was the fabricator damaged?
:FeraraWWD: It was in use until 15:00 and we detected the damage at about 16:30. So somewhere between those two.
>Who has access to it?
:FeraraWWD: All the Engineers and Cogboys on a project using it as well as all the admins, myself included. All five chiefs have an override password as well that can be used, so I guess Herod himself would have had access.
>Do they actually physically pull the archive storage out of the fabricator while it is still on, corrupting it, or is it a software level thing?
:FeraraWWD: You can force the fabricator into a factory reset by messing with some of its components. They say it’s a feature, but I say it’s a fault in its design.

>Message the forensics officer to ask if they can get a reasonably accurate measurement of a person's physical dimensions from just their suit's video.
:CopWWD: [According to our calculations, she would be… um… a bit short for the trajectory model.]
:RishiWWD: [Short? But isn’t she rather tall? How is that possible?]
:CopWWD: [Well, that’s what happens when one of the points of the trajectory is movable. It’s fully possible the leaf has simply moved after it was hit, no?]

:FeraraWWD: So… do you have any reason to hold me here any longer? I’m getting tired of wasting my time here.
>>
No. 807478 ID: fc33ea

I don't think we've asked her to describe her relationship with the victim yet.

>According to our calculations, she would be… um… a bit short for the trajectory model.
Does this take into account the split level floor between the hardwood and carpet?... This is quickly becoming quite the tricky shot for some corporate goon with a stick up her ass to pull off...
>All the Engineers and Cogboys on a project using it as well as all the admins, myself included.
Important to note that Lilly is not on that list.
>The one we use is a sphere which can transmit her mind over a small distance.
We're going to need that as well.

> I’m getting tired of wasting my time here.
You seem to value your time very highly, but the Vic's mail indicates you haven't produced any test results on An since she's been placed in your care. Care to explain?
>>
No. 807493 ID: 3ce125

>>807475
That's strange. Why did Cogweather tell An to reveal that she was "expanding her mind"? Did she expect us to not realize that An was the source of the jamming signal? Though, the method of jamming is interesting. She took over the CPU cycles of every nearby electronic device.

Anyway, it took 10 minutes before the fun ball made the HoloWeb go offline... ask An how long it took it to expand its bubble. Also, there were 20 minutes between Cogweather leaving the office and popping An's bubble. Ask Cogweather what happened during that 20 minute gap. Ask about her whereabouts during the time the fabricator was available. Heck, ask Lily's whereabouts during that time as well.
I'm sure it's a good time to tell Cogweather she's a suspect in the murder investigation.

Also mess with that leaf a little bit. See if you can get it to stay in the right spot for Cogweather to have been the shooter, without holding it in place. Then see if it'll go back to the position you found it in by just brushing against it.
Are we sure the shooter was standing next to the plant? Could they have stood near the door, where the floor is higher?
>>
No. 807495 ID: 91ee5f

>>807476
Message all of this to Leo to see if he agrees and we can start accusing or if he doesn't agree and we don't have anything still.

>(...that’s the exact time the Life-monitor came back online… and going by Ferara’s reaction, she knows it too.)
That would mean that An was being used to hide when Ferara killed the victim. Everyone would believe that time was spent having a meeting, when she was actually busy staging the crime scene to look like a suicide!

And we can place Ferara in the room, thanks to the coffee message Lily received. The victim wouldn't have asked for coffee before Ferara got there because Ferara could've been running late and the coffee would've gotten cold by then. So, the message was sent out when Ferara was in the room.

But because Ferara told An to expand her mind, that caused both the coffee message and the life monitor alert to be delayed! Which would mean that the murder occurred when Ferara was in the room!
>>
No. 807498 ID: 91ee5f

>>807495
>[According to our calculations, she would be… um… a bit short for the trajectory model.]
Message the forensics officer [What about from where she's standing right now? The floor by the door where she's currently standing is raised a bit. Would that bring her up to match the trajectory model?]
>>
No. 807500 ID: 3ce125

Oh, and if Cogweather had erased the schematics via the proper method, would the machine have recorded that she did it?
>>
No. 807519 ID: 65a774
File 149730999394.png - (129.79KB , 900x450 , 28.png )
807519

>Why did Cogweather tell An to reveal that she was "expanding her mind"? Did she expect us to not realize that An was the source of the jamming signal?
You’re not even sure if it actually would jam the signal or not… but she’s probably trying to act “helpful” so we won’t suspect her.
>Though, the method of jamming is interesting. She took over the CPU cycles of every nearby electronic device.
That would be a probable explanation to her description, yes…
>Important to note that Lily is not on that list.
Actually, she is. She had access to Herod’s override password, remember? That means she could have fabricated the gun.
>Also mess with that leaf a little bit. See if you can get it to stay in the right spot for Cogweather to have been the shooter, without holding it in place.
…it’s remarkable formable. In fact, you can bend it enough to make the leaf touch the stem and it stays that way when you let go… almost…


>We're going to need that transmitter as well.
:FeraraWWD: It’s in my office. We can go get it as soon as we’re done here.
>Ask An how long it took it to expand its bubble.
:AnWWD: I expanded and expanded and then it all went pop!
>Also, there were 20 minutes between Cogweather leaving the office and popping An's bubble. Ask Cogweather what happened during that 20 minute gap.
:FeraraWWD: I was observing An. It’s the first time she’s done something like this in a non-controlled environment and… she was growing terrifyingly fast. That’s why I had to abort it before it she stopped growing.

>I don't think we've asked her to describe her relationship with the victim yet.
:FeraraWWD: Herod? I didn’t know him personally, as we only interacted through work. He was… hard working and diligent… and he knew his stuff about AI and their construction. In fact, I dare say that his death came in a rather inopportune time, as there are many projects here that will be in trouble without him. I’ll probably need to work my tail off for weeks thanks to this… ugh…
>You seem to value your time very highly, but the Vic's mail indicates you haven't produced any test results on An since she's been placed in your care. Care to explain?
:FeraraWWD: No one has produced any real test results yet on her, that’s why we keep cycling her around to different departments to see if anyone else has any luck. She’s powerful, but that’s all we know. Sadly, her creator Dr. Esk'eth left us without the proper notes to work with… and all we have now is what’s probably the most advance AI ever created without the knowledge how she works.

>Ask about her whereabouts during the time the fabricator was available.
:FeraraWWD: I was in a meeting with Isan Karte about the relocation of An. It’s his turn next week to take care of her. I was in that meeting from 15:00 to 16:40. Ask him if you want confirmation.
>Heck, ask Lily's whereabouts during that time as well.
:LilyWWD: Um… here? I was working so… um… I guess I went for a snack after 15 but… err… it was just a quick snack run?
>Oh, and if Cogweather had erased the schematics via the proper method, would the machine have recorded that she did it?
:FeraraWWD: The whole reason why admins can erase the schematics is to keep secret projects secret. Of course I don’t record anything.


>I'm sure it's a good time to tell Cogweather she's a suspect in the murder investigation.
:FeraraWWD: Me? Really? And why, pray tell, would I kill Herod? His death is nothing but trouble for me. I do hope you have something solid to back up those accusations?
>We can place Ferara in the room, thanks to the coffee message Lily received.
:FeraraWWD: A message? …do you still have this message?
:RishiWWD: Well… no… but Lily told us all-
:FeraraWWD: Lily told you? Really? Is that’s why you’re accusing me? Isn’t she the one who was here when the supposed murder happened? Are you really going to believe everything that tub of lard says just like that? For all we know, she might be killer, no?
:LilyWWD: H-hey! You’re the one who did it! You killed my boss then came out and shoved me, you meanie!
:FeraraWWD: Is this what this is? You’re going to try and throw me in jail because I was mean? Then very well, let me be mean. I can’t say I remember shoving you, but if I did it was probably because you were your usually fat, useless self. I can’t understand how such a clumsy oaf can even get fat with all the technology we have today. No wonder Herod wanted to fire you and deport you from the station… you’re simply pathetic… and useless…
:LilyWWD: B-b-but I-I-I-
:RishiWWD: That’s enough!
:FeraraWWD: And here we have the pretender. Do you really believe anyone would be fooled by those mods? It only makes you look like a slut… which you probably are, Serpens. No, a proper officer could not look like a common street whore… and better yet, be female. You males are so emotional, after all… going after superior females just because they are “mean”.
:LeontiusWWD: Don’t fall for it. She’s just trying to get a rise out of you to make you lose your place. Breathe in, focus, let's bring an end to this.
:FeraraWWD: And then there’s the bird. Is this what you call justice? To try and jail someone innocent because you don’t like them? You’re just another honorless vigilante like most of your species. So desperate for glory that you will tell yourself any lie, hmm?
:LeontiusWWD: I don’t lack h-honor, you… y-you… s-scum!

:FeraraWWD: This is a waste of time. Unless you have something conclusive, I’m not going to accept your accusation. I’m giving you a warning, stop wasting my time or I’ll have my lawyers tear you apart. Do you understand?
>>
No. 807534 ID: 3ce125

>>807519
As irritating as Cogweather is, based on the evidence we've seen Lily and her are equally plausible suspects. The leaf can be moved so it cannot be used to eliminate suspects based on height. Anyone could have wiped the fabrication machine. Due to the jammer, and assuming Cogweather didn't do it, there's a 20 minute timespan where Lily could have entered the office, killed the victim, staged the suicide, then erased the security log of her being there. If she noticed the HoloWeb was down she could have realized the life monitor was down too. Why do we not have a record of the coffee message? Shouldn't it be on both the computer in here, AND on whatever device Lily received it on? Has anyone finished reviewing the security footage to see if we can spot Lily entering the office?

Cogweather is acting a bit suspicious, but she really doesn't have any motive that we can see. She did not gain anything from the victim's death, while Lily most likely did. Ask An if she has a sense of smell. Could she verify that Cogweather smelled like cleaning fluid? ...you know it's possible that Cogweather smelled like that because of research she can't tell us about.

Maybe we should more thoroughly test Cogweather's clothing for the residue. Her cybernetics, too. I wager those are harder to clean. Then we won't need her in the room anymore, as she can't give us any further information... but tell her to stay where we can find her, we can't eliminate her as a suspect just yet. Wait, there is one more thing. She said the victim was going to deport Lily from the station? Is that true? That would be a VERY solid motive for murder. Does she know the reason for that, or is the "useless" thing just conjecture?
>>
No. 807536 ID: 3ce125

Wait, was An aware of its surroundings when it was expanding its bubble? Can it verify that Ferara was with it for at least most of the 20 minutes that we're interested in? Was An aware of anything else that happened while its bubble was expanding? Like in this room? Or what Lily was doing? Did it see who shot the victim? Did it hear or feel the gun being fired? If it was using the CPU cycles of the life-monitor, wouldn't it be able to tell when the life-monitor detected the victim getting shot?
>>
No. 807545 ID: fc33ea

>I’m giving you a warning, stop wasting my time or I’ll have my lawyers tear you apart.
Police have the protections to laugh threats like this off.

If Lilly were standing on the wood part of the room, would she be tall enough to make the shot normally?

There are plenty of motives, but we won't be privy to what happened in the meeting so it's only conjecture. Maybe Herod was trying to shut some of her stuff down, maybe he was trying to take An away.

The problem is, do you think either of these people are able to shoot someone in the mouth using sidearm from almost across a room?

Once we get the surveillance footage, we'll be able to see if Lily went where she said.
>>
No. 807551 ID: 91ee5f

>>807519
>Rishi is a male.
"Correction, I'm an Ovale. Serpens have 3 genders."

>Calling Rishi a pretender.
"You keep going on and on about how important your time is, yet here you are talking with us. If your time was so important, then why are you here instead of working? Shouldn't you be making us come to you because of how important your work is?"

>I was observing An. It’s the first time she’s done something like this in a non-controlled environment and… she was growing terrifyingly fast. That’s why I had to abort it before it she stopped growing.
"This is the first time An did this in a non-controlled environment, right? But that doesn't mean it's the first time An has ever done this. Meaning you've done this kind of test with An before and would have prior knowledge of how An affected nearby electronic devices and how any messages and signals are delayed until the test is over. That's the kind of knowledge Lily wouldn't have, since she's just a secretary."

>Isan Karte
Hey, we've got a message from the victim to Isan Karte!

It says:
To: Isan Karte
I do understand that [Retracted] old notes aren’t complete, but what we have now is simply not enough. We need to know what made this new [Retracted] model so special, as currently there doesn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I sent the original to Ferara so she can continue testing it, but as it’s already been 6 months my hopes aren’t that high. 
-Herod.

Meaning after having An under her care for 6 months, Ferara Cogwelder, the Chief of the Engineering and Mechanical department, made no advancements of any kind. She acts like a big shot, but something tells me that she killed the victim because he questioned her intellect and how she hasn't made any headway of some kind. Maybe if we bring Cogwelder's intelligence into question, that'll set her off?

Let's ask Cogwelder how long it's been her turn to have An? If she says anything other than "6 months", then she's lying.

And if she does say "6 months" then we can say, "Wow, that long and you haven't made any progress? This is your field of study and you haven't got anything done? Maybe you're the pretender and you're not as good as you say you are?"
>>
No. 807553 ID: fc33ea

>>807545
In the meantime, just tell her she'll be hearing from you. Can An be kept as evidence?
>>
No. 807581 ID: fc33ea

>>807519
I can’t understand how such a clumsy oaf can even get fat with all the technology we have today.
And yet you belive this same individual sucessfully fabricated a gun, covered her tracks, waited for An to take a teast she couldn't have concivably known about, shot her boss through the mouth from across the room, cleaned off the evidence while getting coffee, and put together an alibi that completely passes muster inbetween playing solitare, leaving passwords in the open and spilling coffee on herself?
>>
No. 807582 ID: be0718

>>807581
Remember that advice to *not* give our suspects too many facts to work with? Maybe don't paint a picture for them, assuming we haven't discussed all of these details in front of them already.
>>
No. 807583 ID: fc33ea

>>807582
I think the only thing they aren't 'supposed' to know about is how the shot was taken and where, and you're absolutely right we should not tell them about it.
>>
No. 807593 ID: 3ce125

...actually, Ferara does have a motive. This email:

>To: Ferara Cogwelder
>I’ve recently been shown parts of the project you and “lizzy” are conducting. I’ll have you know that a project of that size might have quite the consequences for the company if it fails, not to speak of you personally. Meet me in my office tomorrow and we’ll discuss the right tools we need to use to make sure it doesn’t come crashing down. You do remember what happened to Dr. Esk’eth, correct?

Dr. Esk'eth fucking died. This could be interpreted as a threat, and so could the "consequences" part. Oh, we need to ask her who Lizzy is.
>>
No. 807594 ID: 91ee5f

>>807583
Maybe we can shorten it to, "If you think she's so clumsy, then how can you explain her being capable of murder?"
>>
No. 807597 ID: 3ce125

...it also occurs to me that a third person could be involved. If both suspects are telling the truth about everything, there was a space of 20 minutes where neither of them were near the victim's office, which means someone else could have come by and killed the victim. It's possible that someone else could have gotten the password to edit the door records, and anyone familiar with An would know that it could knock out the life-monitor. Lizzy, perhaps?
>>
No. 807610 ID: 2777f5

Damn, a 'Reason You Suck Speech' during our literally second interaction with Cogwelder. Whether's shes the killer is up for debate, but I'm sure your 'Bitch Radar' augmentation is blaring sirens right now.

Quite a sudden, caustic reaction for someone who claims to be innocent, though.
>>
No. 807614 ID: fe7355

Look Ferara square in the eyes and tell her in the most level tone you have ever spoken that yes, you do understand what she's saying. You also understand that, based on the hall security camera video, which is actual hard evidence, that the only two people that could have killed Herod are either her or Lily. As such they are both suspects, so you are taking the both of them into custody for the time being while we gather evidence. This is to prevent whichever of them is the murderer from potentially tampering with or destroying any potential evidence elsewhere, or possibly attempting to hide on or flee from New Horizon.

Now, the both of them can request legal council at this time as is their right and can withhold saying anything until their lawyer arrives. But until you get a official legal order to release one of them they'll both be in your custody for as long as legally allowed or until you find enough solid evidence to release one of them and bring murder charges against the other. At this point, have Ferara taken by a officer to a empty conference room and watched. This is separate her from Lily so there isn't any more info cross-contamination between them. Have Lily taken by a officer back to her workspace and watched so she doesn't do anything. And request a comm-lock on both of their comm implants so they can't do anything with their implant besides contact a lawyer. You don't want them potentially calling a accomplice to destroy evidence, pulling something like remote connecting to a computer to delete evidence, or deleting data on their comm implant.

As much as you don't like to admit it, Ferara's scoffing at you trusting Lily's word is legit. Same as if you trusted Ferara's word. Either one of them could be the murderer, so the word of either one of them can not be trusted. That means everything they've said needs to be corroborated and verified, either by others or by solid evidence. And that means everything Lily said that can't be backed by another source that she couldn't have altered has to be ignored.

Take a measurement of Ferara's hand and compare its size to the bruise on Lily's wrist. Unfortunately, that bruise doesn't prove which one killed Herod even if Ferara did leave it. The crystal residue could have come from Ferara's hand, or Lily could have taken advantage of Ferara bruising her and intentionally left the crystal residue on her sleeve at that spot.

Ferara said that Herod wanted to fire and deport Lily, so find out if that was true or just Ferara being spiteful. Check Herod and Lily's e-mails for any evidence of this. Also contact the company's personnel department and ask if Lily was being considered for firing by Herod. And check Lily's status with New Horizon immigration services. Is she on New Horizon on a work permit or some other case where Herod could possibly have her deported.

So far you only have Lily's word that the HoloWeb and comms were down here, so you need to find another source to corroborate that. Contact the company IT department and request that they check their logs for lost connections in the building between 17:00 and 18:00. Find out who else was working nearby, both on this level and the levels above and below, and ask them if they had HoloWeb or comm implant problems.

Also request the results of the previous transmitter orb "bubble" tests An performed in a controlled environment. Confirm whether or not they interfered with HoloWeb, comm implant, or life-monitor communication. And for good measure, get the transmitter orb used before and have An do the same "bubble" test in the same spot she was at 16:55 and observe if HoloWeb, comm implant and life-monitor signals were all blocked in this area. Just make sure that there's somebody there to order An to abort before she expands too far.

Find out why the security cameras weren't effected the same as the rest of the computerized devices in the area of Herod's office when An did the "bubble" test. They presumably are digital and transmit over the company network, so they should have been effected as well.

You also think you have enough for the basis of a warrant for all the company's security camera video of Ferara and Lily's movement within the building for the last 24 hours, at least. Once you find out if and when Lily found out Herod was possibly going to fire and deport her you'll extend the time period for her to that point in time. Specifically you're looking for Ferara and Lily on cameras showing the entrances to the fabricator area and the fabricator area itself. You're looking to find out when Lily went down there so you can check if it was for official reasons or not.

You're also going to have to see about questioning all the engineers and CogBoys down in the fabricator area as to who was using the fabricator that was broken. That means questioning the previous shifts as well. And also asking if and when any of them saw somebody who usually isn't down here down there. Someone like Lily.

Contact Isan Karte and confirm that Ferara was in a meeting with him between 15:00 and 16:40, that it was about the relocation of An next week, and ask if there were any

Do life-monitor implants store a log of the time they go off within themselves? Because if they do then the coroner can extract Herod's implant during his autopsy and download the exact time of death from it. With that you'll know whether Ferara or Lily did it. That is, assuming An's "bubble" didn't suck up so many processor cycles that the implant couldn't write the log out.

Find out if Herod's override password also unlocked his desk computer too. Because if it does, then the killer could have used his computer as well. Messages or files could have been deleted from it, or e-mails sent. ...Or Lily could have gone in there any time Herod was out and fiddled with his computer.

You need to determine if either Ferara or Lily could have fired the PAC gun with enough accuracy to headshot Herod in one shot from all the way across his office from the door. Where could they have possibly learned how to accurately handle a gun of that type? Military service? Gun club target practice? Arcade game?

>Usually, people just print “personal” toys or the like, not actual weapons.
Like, say, an impossible to solve puzzle cube like the one Herod had on himself. Question is, did Herod make it as a joke, somebody else made it as a joke gift to him, or he made it or had it made for him for some other reason. Maybe with a hidden compartment in the center? Well, you can't go pulling it apart so you'll have to wait and see if the forensics lab techs find anything in it or not.

>…it’s remarkable formable. In fact, you can bend it enough to make the leaf touch the stem and it stays that way when you let go… almost…
You didn't bend the scorched leaf, did you? Because if you did, that possibly reduced its value as evidence. See, you didn't take into account the mass of the leaf that was burned off. Reduced mass at the tip would result in the scorched leaf bending upwards from where it was before being scorched. That burned off mass could be estimated from the density of the other leaves, then a weight of that mass stuck to the scorched leaf to make it sag to the right level.

It's also possible there were recent photos of Herod's office that show the leaves of the plant, and from them how high the scorched leaf was before it was scorched. Ask Lily if she knows of any such photos, as well as checking Herod's and Lily's computers for them. And Herod may also have taken some with his comm implant, but if he did it'll take his implant being removed at the autopsy to extract them.

>>807597
No, there wasn't a 20 minute window where another person could have shown up and killed Herod. According to the video from the security camera watching the hall outside Herod's office, Ferara Cogwelder arrived at Herod's office at 17:00 and left at 17:25. The video then shows Lily leaving the office at 17:45, the same time Herod's life-monitor sent the signal he was dead. Since there's no other way into Herod's office than the hallway, and the video showed nobody else enter, then only one of those two could have possibly done it. Heck, maybe even both of 'em. So unless we find evidence of tampering with the security camera video, it's down to just Ferara and Lily.
>>
No. 807618 ID: 3ce125

>>807614
>video shows such and such
I wasn't aware the cops were done looking at the camera feeds? If that's true, and Lily never entered the office, then Cogweather is the only one who could have done it and we can arrest her.
>>
No. 807621 ID: be0718

>>807614
Well your post won't fit on my screen so I'm just going to say no to whatever it was.
>>
No. 807663 ID: 91ee5f

According to Kaktus and what he/she said in the disthread, "I predict that you’ll solve this in an update or two. After all, you already have everything you need to nail the killer."

We've already got all the puzzle pieces, it's just a matter of putting them all in the right place! .....uh, could someone smarter than me put the puzzle together? My head hurts trying to figure this out!
>>
No. 807672 ID: 65a774
File 149737200711.png - (30.21KB , 900x450 , 29.png )
807672

>I'm sure your 'Bitch Radar' augmentation is blaring sirens right now.
You don’t need an augmentation to see that she’s a total bitch.
>As much as you don't like to admit it, Ferara's scoffing at you trusting Lily's word is legit. Same as if you trusted Ferara's word.
Sadly, words carry little weight, don’t they? You must find something more conclusive evidence to solve this case!
>The problem is, do you think either of these people is able to shoot someone in the mouth using sidearm from almost across a room?
Hmm… Ferara does have that cybernetic eye thing she keeps touching… it might help her aim?
>Has anyone finished reviewing the security footage to see if we can spot Lily entering the office?
We already know that only Ferara and Lily were here at the time of death. Ferara with the meeting and Lily at her desk.
>...it also occurs to me that a third person could be involved.
Except we haven’t seen anyone leave since before Ferara got here.


>Contact Isan Karte and confirm that Ferara was in a meeting with him between 15:00 and 16:40.
>You're also going to have to see about questioning all the engineers and CogBoys down in the fabricator.
>Also request the results of the previous transmitter orb "bubble" tests An performed in a controlled environment.
>Contact the company IT department and request that they check their logs for lost connections in the building between 17:00 and 18:00.
:LeontiusWWD: [Actually, you might want to write that down for the next team. Our shift is almost over, after all. We were just supposed to make sure it was a suicide, not solve a murder, so we weren’t given that much time. Come think of it, they probably want to have someone more experienced to deal with this, so after today we might not even be on this case anymore.]
>Maybe we should more thoroughly test Cogweather's clothing for the residue.
:CopWWD: [While I’d love to dip the wicked witch of the west in a tub of these chemicals to watch her melt, sadly I can’t legally do so. These chemicals are dangerous in large amount as well as less reliable if used a lot in close proximity. So if you want something checked for residue, you’ll need to be more precise. Is there any part of her you want me to really check?]


>"Correction, I'm an Ovale. Serpens have 3 genders."
:FeraraWWD: You still have junk down there that is clearly sapping your brain from all the blood it needs to function.
>Based on the hall security camera video, which is actual hard evidence, that the only two people that could have killed Herod are either her or Lily. As such they are both suspects, so you are taking the both of them into custody for the time being while we gather evidence.
:FeraraWWD: Hmm… very well, I can accept that. But if you can’t come up with something soon…
>>
No. 807673 ID: 65a774
File 149737201840.png - (117.98KB , 900x450 , 30.png )
807673

>She said the victim was going to deport Lily from the station? Is that true?
:LilyWWD: Um… h-he did mention… if I screwed up again that he would… fire me… and if I can’t get any other work soon…
>Wait, was An aware of its surroundings when it was expanding its bubble?
:AnWWD: Nope.
>You've done this kind of test with An before and would have prior knowledge of how An affected nearby electronic devices and how any messages and signals are delayed until the test is over.
:FeraraWWD: And? That proves what, exactly? That she might have been used? Do you even have any proof that the message was delayed in the first place?
>Let's ask Cogwelder how long it's been her turn to have An?
:AnWWD: I get a new caretaker every two weeks!
:RishiWWD: …not 6 months?
:FeraraWWD: 6 months ago we lost the person who actually knew how she worked. Before that she was taken care of by Dr. Esk’eth. Now, why is this relevant to the case, exactly? Unless you can justify why, exactly, you need to know this I won’t talk about her anymore. She is a very important project after all and needs to be kept secret.
>Can An be kept as evidence?
:FeraraWWD: Absolutely not.

>We need to ask her who Lizzy is.
:FeraraWWD: That’s… my significant other. She has nothing to do with this.
>...actually, Ferara does have a motive. This email.
:FeraraWWD: That mail? And this proves… what, exactly? That I came here to meet Herod?
:RishiWWD: That part with Dr. Esk’eth can be considered a threat.
:FeraraWWD: Esk’eth died in an accident. If anything, it can be considered a warning to not do anything stupid.
:RishiWWD: And this project he mention?
:FeraraWWD: That is what I was tried to ask him about. “Lizzy” doesn’t work here, thus we have no projects together to speak off. But when I asked about what he meant, Herod just acted dumb about it, like he never sent the mail in the first place.

>If you think she's so clumsy, then how can you explain her being capable of murder?
:FeraraWWD: Even the most inept slob can pull a trigger. Skill or luck, it doesn’t matter in the end, does it? Even if she’s completely incompetent at being a secretary, that large feather ball of fat could-
:LilyWWD: That’s it! I won’t take your abuse anymore! You’re the one who did this! You’re the one who last saw him! You’re the one who tried to frame me by placing residue on me! You’re the one who hacked the system thingies!
:FeraraWWD: …I must ask what, exactly, is this residue you keep mentioning?
:LeontiusWWD: The gun used in the murder leaves traces on things close to where it was fired.
:FeraraWWD: And Lily? She had some on her?
:LeontiusWWD: That is correct.
:FeraraWWD: Oh? Why… then let me tell you something…
>>
No. 807674 ID: 65a774
File Case1Ferara.swf - (61.41KB , 901x601 )
807674

Transcript of the animation:

Why I’m innocent.
Why you’re a moron.

I don’t deny that I saw Herod right before his death, or that the experiment with An might have had some unforeseen consequences with the his life-monitor.

But neither of those really proves anything… and my supposed motive? An odd email? That’s just idiotic.

No, unless you have some hard evidence of me being in his office when he died… or that I was holding the gun when it fired, you have nothing.

But wait, you do have something, don’t you? Wasn’t Lily at the office when Herod was murdered? And didn’t she have that residue that you keep mentioning on her? Isn’t that proof she fired the weapon?

All you have on me is words from Lily’s mouth... while she has all the hard evidence pointing at her. You’re just getting side tracked with the whole message delay.

She is the one with residue on her, thus she is the murderer. I don’t have any on me, thus I’m innocent. It’s as easy as that, idiots.


:LeontiusWWD: She is right about one thing… if we don’t have any conclusive evidence, we can’t prove anything.
:RishiWWD: But we’ve looked everywhere! What kind of evidence are we missing?
:LeontiusWWD: Let’s turn it around. It’s not “where we haven’t looked”, but “where we need to look”. Where can there be something conclusive to nail one of these broads?
:RishiWWD: It’s right under our noses… I can feel it in my tail… there is something we’ve missed.
:LeontiusWWD: If you’re going to find it, do so now. I just got a message that we’re supposed to go off-duty in 15 minutes and let the next team take over.
:RishiWWD: Where can there be proof that either Ferara or Lily fired the gun? …or that they were there when Herod died? Where?
>>
No. 807683 ID: fc33ea

I doubt Lilly would have waited around for the holonet to come back on before she washed herself off, nor would it have been smart to kill your boss in a bid to keep her job, but that's all circumstantial.

Is there a way to tell if the door was overridden? We need to figure out if the murder took place before or after 7:25, is there anything else that can tell us that- Is there anything on the computer to indicate how long it was idle for?
>>
No. 807691 ID: 91ee5f

Wait a minute, she's always touching that eye mod of hers, like it's a force of habit that she does without thinking. She might've left some residue on her eye mod before she cleaned her hands!
>>
No. 807700 ID: fc33ea

>>807691
Only if she's a lefty.
>>
No. 807708 ID: 00a1f6

>>807691
Based anon, you do us proud.

>>807700
It's likely that she used both hands to aim.
>>
No. 807711 ID: 3ce125

>>807672
>Is there any part of her you want me to really check?
Yeah, the cybernetic thing she keeps touching. That's a habit, so she probably touched it after doing the deed, and she probably forgot to wash it. If there's residue on her eye mod, then there's no way anyone else did it, because nobody else touched it.

Oh, and check Lily's beak. She keeps touching her beak, so if she did it she'll have gotten residue on there. (I kind of wonder how our partner got the residue off of her shoulder without doing a full body check, which we've been told we can't do)
>>
No. 807729 ID: fe7355

And if Ferara did shoot Herod, she would have left trace IOKec-Crystal residue on every surface she touched with the hand she fired the gun with until she cleaned it off. Or both hands if she used both to grip the gun. So test every button and surface she'd touch in a area she went into that Lily didn't. And Ferara's office door has a keycard reader lock, same as Herod's? If so, test her keycard for residue.

But it looks like Ferara is wearing gloves, so if she was smart she'd peel them off after she'd grabbed Lily so they're inside out and pocket them for later washing or disposal. That way she doesn't leave crystal residue traces all over. So check the security camera video of Ferara entering Lily's workspace en route to Herod's office, when she left, and any other on the way to her office and look at her hands. Did she take her gloves off and if so at what point? Did she touch anything on the way before then? ...Did she touch An anywhere, or the transmitter orb?

And do the same check for Lily. Did she touch anything en route to the staff kitchen or the washrooms that was caught on camera? Door buttons or the wall or anything else? If she did, test those spots for residue.
>>
No. 807734 ID: 3ce125

>>807729
If Cogweather did it, she very likely went straight to clean herself off after exiting the office. She had 20 minutes to do so before she popped An's bubble. So, the security footage would just show her rushing to a restroom or janitor's closet.

That's kindof pointless though since the only other person who could have done it is Lily, and then the camera would catch her entering the victim's office after Cogweather left. If Lily didn't go in, Cogweather did it. If Lily did go in, Lily did it. That's all the evidence we'd need.

I suspect the camera footage during that time is useless though, since An was taking up all the CPU cycles of everything, which would include the camera. The only footage we've verified is what happened after the life-alarm went off, which is when the bubble popped... and both suspects would have already finished their dirty work.
>>
No. 807743 ID: fe7355

Also look up what cybernetics both Ferara and Lily have registered. If Ferara has cybernetic augs that would aid in aiming a gun and Lily doesn't, that leans a bit more towards Ferara.

>>807734
>That's kindof pointless though since the only other person who could have done it is Lily, and then the camera would catch her entering the victim's office after Cogweather left. If Lily didn't go in, Cogweather did it. If Lily did go in, Lily did it. That's all the evidence we'd need.
Except that there isn't security camera video of the entrance to Herod's office, only of the hall outside the entrance to Lily's workspace. You have to go from the hall through Lily's workspace to get to Herod's office. And there's a door between Lily's workspace and the hall as well, one that she said she usually locks when she's away from her desk. She forgot to this time, since the Peacekeepers said that outer door was unlocked.

>I suspect the camera footage during that time is useless though, since An was taking up all the CPU cycles of everything, which would include the camera.
But if that was the case there wouldn't be any video of Ferara leaving Herod's office/Lily's workspace into the hall at 17:25. And wouldn't there would be a obvious blank spot in the video if An interrupted the security camera?
>>
No. 807744 ID: 65a774
File 149739428984.png - (77.71KB , 900x450 , 31.png )
807744

:RishiWWD: OBJECTION!!!
:FeraraWWD: W-what!?
:LilyWWD: Eh!?
:LeontiusWWD: …isn’t “objection” the wrong word in this case?
>>
No. 807745 ID: 65a774
File 149739430249.png - (103.31KB , 900x450 , 32.png )
807745

:RishiWWD: Forensics, please test Lily’s beak for crystal residue.
:CopWWD: I’ll get the chemicals ready.
:FeraraWWD: Hmpf, I knew you would make the r-
:RishiWWD: And Ferara’s cybernetic eye.
:FeraraWWD: W-WHAT!?
:RishiWWD: You both keep touching those parts out of habit, don’t you? Ergo, it’s plausible that you touched it right after firing the gun… and then forgot to clean it off.
:CopWWD: The secretaries beak didn’t give off any reaction ma’am.
:FeraraWWD: H-hey, don’t- not my cybernetics! They are very delicate and-
:CopWWD: We have a reaction… and a strong one at that. We still need to send this to the lab… but if it is residue from the OKec-Crystal… then Ferara’s cyber eye is bathing in it.
:FeraraWWD: But- that’s- I’m not- Lily must have-
:LeontiusWWD: We know for a fact that you haven’t interacted with Lily since you left Herod’s office. There’s no way she can have planted that. No, this is it; this is the conclusive evidence we needed. Ferara Cogwelder, you are under arrest for the murder of Herod Carakas. Men, take her away… by the skymother, I’ve always wanted to say that.
>>
No. 807746 ID: 65a774
File Case1Breakdown.swf - (55.49KB , 900x450 )
807746

[Warning: The following animation might be exaggerated for effect. You have been warned.]

:FeraraWWD: NOOOOOOOOO!!!! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!!
>>
No. 807747 ID: 65a774
File 149739434830.png - (100.55KB , 900x450 , 33.png )
807747

:FeraraWWD: This isn’t my fault! I’m not to blame! It’s Herod! He’s the one who tried to kill me! I just defended myself! He shot first! He tried to blackmail me! He’s the scum, not me!
:LilyWWD: He’s scum, sure… but so are you!

>I kind of wonder how our partner got the residue off of her shoulder without doing a full body check.
He didn’t, he actually got it from her arm and was lying to see if he should fake her out… for some reason…
>She would have left trace IOKec-Crystal residue on every surface she touched with the hand she fired the gun with until she cleaned it off.
According to the information about the gun you got, apparently the residue goes inert after a few minutes and gets stuck on whatever surface it’s currently on. That would explain why we don’t have traces of it everywhere in the building.

:LeontiusWWD: Well then… Officer Rishi, any last statements before we drag this criminal scum away and throw her into jail like she deserve?
:RishiWWD: She’s going to the detention center. She isn’t going to jail until she’s proven guilty in court.
:LeontiusWWD: But jail sounds so much more… poetic than detention center…
:FeraraWWD: YOU’RE WORSE THAN BOB! BOTH OF YOU!
:LeontiusWWD: Language, lady! Language! Still… anything you want to say before we finish this?
>>
No. 807750 ID: 00a1f6

Maybe a couple years of hard time will dislodge that rod up her ass. I'm not sure she's had anything else in there, considering her rampant misandry.
>>
No. 807751 ID: fc33ea

Did... that actually fry her cybernetics?!? Overclocking those things looks dangerous, I hope you didn't get any...

You've got me curious now- without divulging any details of your precious company secret projects, of course- what happened in that meeting? What caused you to shoot him? Why did you print up the gun in advance?
>>
No. 807759 ID: 91ee5f

Wait.....my suggestion got an arrest?! Wow! I got lucky! I was just randomly guessing!

>>807746
>Number on eye mod.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

>>807747
>What to say?
"That's what you get for mocking my thiccness!"

"But seriously, you better hope they'll allow mods in jail, otherwise that 'stick up ass' mod you have will have to be painfully removed! Which, to be honest, might actually be an improvement!"

Then when she's taken away, say to Leo, "Not bad for my first day on the job, huh?"
>>
No. 807775 ID: e45ee3

Add "destruction of evidence" to her charges.

Tell An that her "aunt" is probably going away for a very long time, maybe forever. An's behavior so far has been similar to that of a small child, so it will be interesting to see her reaction at the possible loss of a "family" member.
>>
No. 807781 ID: 91ee5f

>>807775
An has alread lost 2 "family members". Her "father", Dr. Esk’eth, and her "uncle", Herod Carakas.

She didn't seem to broken up over being in the same room as her "uncle's" dead body, so I'm not sure if she understands what's going on.
>>
No. 807782 ID: 3373e2

Hey we did it, give your partner some congratulations for helping. Maybe you'll pay for dinner if your feeling generous.
>>
No. 807801 ID: be0718

I'm sure if you plead your case before the judge as eloquently as you did with us, the judicial system might have mercy on you.
>>
No. 807809 ID: fc33ea

>>807782
You may want to just ask what people do to celebrate jobs well done around here, at least before you actually read the premier on alien relations.
>>
No. 807857 ID: fe7355

Tell Ferara it's a shame a intellect such as hers will be trapped in prison. Say you just want to know what situation was so tough that even that intellect could not think of a way out that did not involve Herod's death. What was it she could she not bring to her superiors in the company or to the Peacekeepers, even in secret, to deal with Herod?

>Men, take her away… by the skymother, I’ve always wanted to say that.
Lean over to Leon and say you always wanted to say that as well. Dibs on the next one, eh? Oh, you hope there'll be a next one. You don't want it to be like back on Roon, with nothing but boring case after case. He feel the same way?

>>807750
Please, can we not stoop to that level. We're Peacekeepers, so let us maintain a level of decorum expected of such in public. After all, it's not just our reputation but that of the Peacekeepers we'd hurt.
>>
No. 807858 ID: 3ce125

>>807747
>He shot first!
Um, what? Are there two guns, then? If she can direct us to the location of the second gun, and explain why there's no second scorch mark anywhere in here, that might lighten her sentence.

I mean, it's not like the plant leaf would absorb a shot, would it?
>>
No. 807860 ID: 8b1ac3

>>807858
The gun in his hand was planted there after his wound was inflicted so she's just pulling this out of her a$$.
>>
No. 807861 ID: 65a774
File 149744145009.png - (30.28KB , 900x450 , 34.png )
807861

>Tell Ferara it's a shame an intellect such as hers will be trapped in prison.
:FeraraWWD: Grr...
>What happened in that meeting? What caused you to shoot him? Why did you print up the gun in advance?
:FeraraWWD: He tried to kill me! I wrestled the gun from him and-
:RishiWWD: Bullshit. You shot him from across the room while he was standing behind his desk. There’s no way you wrestled for the gun like that… and you tricked An into helping you before you even went to the meeting, proving that you were already planning this from the start.
:FeraraWWD: He… he tried to blackmail me! He was going to… to… and he just wanted to rub it in my face before he told everyone we… gnn…
:RishiWWD: …told what, exactly? The “Project” you and your girlfriend had?
:FeraraWWD:
:RishiWWD: I do hope you don’t make up a bunch of bullshit when you’re talking to the prosecutor, as I think they will be far less forgiving.
>I'm sure if you plead your case before the judge as eloquently as you did with us, the judicial system might have mercy on you.
:FeraraWWD: Fuck you.

>Tell An that her "aunt" is probably going away for a very long time, maybe forever.
:AnWWD: Eh… she was mean anyway. Never saw me as anything more than a tool…
:RishiWWD:
:AnWWD: Hey, just because I like flowers and bubbles and playing doesn’t mean I have some smarts in my head! …those flowers were really pretty though… maybe I can keep some if I ask nicely?

:LeontiusWWD: Time to leave, Officer Rishi. We need to brief the next team about all we’ve learned so they can take over for tonight. The investigation isn’t over yet after all, as we need as much evidence as possible to make sure Ferara gets behind bars.
:RishiWWD: Then let’s go, Officer Leontius.
:LeontiusWWD: Just Leo is fine.
:RishiWWD: Then just Rishi is fine too.
>>
No. 807862 ID: 65a774
File 149744146341.png - (21.29KB , 900x450 , 35.png )
807862

One briefing later…

>Not bad for my first day on the job, huh?
:LeontiusWWD: Not at all… and I was going to say the exact same thing.
:RishiWWD: This is your first day on the job?
:LeontiusWWD: As an investigator, yes. I was promoted just last week and this is my first case.
>You always wanted to say that as well. Dibs on the next one, eh?
:LeontiusWWD: You’ve never said “Men, take them away” before? I thought you had experience?
:RishiWWD: I’ve never had a homicide before… I’ve mostly been working with thefts, robberies and vandalism… as well as three suicides. None of them had me ever actually meet the suspects in person.
:LeontiusWWD: Well, then I guess this is a first for both of us, eh?
>Oh, you hope against hope there'll be another one. He feels the same way?
:LeontiusWWD: I do indeed hope we can find glory in catching more criminal scum like that, sure, but I can’t on my honor hope that someone will get hurt just because I want to deliver justice. You get what I’m saying.
:RishiWWD: I do. Then let’s not hope there will be more crime… but hope that if there are, we will be there to… deliver justice, as you said.
:LeontiusWWD: That sounds fair.

:RishiWWD: Ugh…
:LeontiusWWD: Is something wrong?
:RishiWWD: Oh, no, it’s just… I’ve been on edge ever since I arrived here at New Horizon. I need to relax for a bit… let myself mellow out a bit… be less serious. Oh, and I never did properly introduce myself to you, did I?
:LeontiusWWD: You’ve already told me your… what are you doing with your arms?
:RishiWWD: Serpens don’t shake hands, we general hug instead… so… Hug?
:LeontiusWWD: …I guess?
>>
No. 807863 ID: 65a774
File 149744147317.png - (52.63KB , 900x450 , 36B.png )
807863

You embrace him with all four of your arms, making sure to hug him as tightly as you can without making him uncomfortable. He, in turn, returns your embrace… and you feel how he catch himself just before he lets his hands wander a bit low…

:RishiWWD: I am Rishi Zsazsa, of the Protection Cast, former guardian of Azilla isles on Roon itself, now a guardian of New Horizon, Unity space. On the tide, I put my hopes that our partnership will be a long and prosperous one.
:LeontiusWWD: It will be a honor work with you, Rishi Zsazsa.
:RishiWWD: So… we’re off duty now?
:LeontiusWWD: Until tomorrow, yes. Either way, I must celebrate today’s victory over the cowards. Maybe I should order to some take out from my favorite place? Hmm…
:RishiWWD: *Stomach growl*
:LeontiusWWD: …oh, you haven’t eaten anything yet, either? Well… I guess if you want to tag along… though we better hurry, I have another appointment in an hour or so.
:RishiWWD: An appointment, this late?
:LeontiusWWD: Oh right, you’re new here. The days are 30 hours long here, remember? And it’s just after 19 so… there’s plenty of time before I need to head to bed, at least.
:RishiWWD: Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, it’s going to be odd to go from a 25 hours day to a 30 one…
:LeontiusWWD: …and do you Serpens usually hug this long?
:RishiWWD: Nope. I just like hugging people… especially those that are soft and covered in feathers or the like. So soft...
:LeontiusWWD: So… err… want some take out? Or do you just want to go home and check your new apartment? You haven’t been there yet, have you?
>>
No. 807867 ID: 665ed8

Get take out with the nice bird as a thank you/attempt to get some of that sweet sweet stress relief. On the other hand though try and get some info on what working on the station is like
>>
No. 807874 ID: 91ee5f

>>807863
>He, in turn, returns your embrace…and you feel how he catch himself just before he lets his hands wander a bit low…
Maybe after we've gotten to know him and we've worked with him for a few months, we'll tell him he's allowed to let his hands wander. But for now, he's got the right idea to keep his hands off the thiccness.

>Nope. I just like hugging people…especially those that are soft and covered in feathers or the like. So soft...
So Rishi prefers her bed partners to be chubby and/or covered in feathers? Ok, seems legit.

>So…err…want some take out? Or do you just want to go home and check your new apartment? You haven’t been there yet, have you?
"Food first, then I'll go to my apartment. Not like my apartment is going to go anywhere without me, right?"

Yeah, let's go with Leo. Gives us a chance to get to know him better, we can ask him what to expect working/living here on New Horizon, and it'll at least give Rishi the location of a food place for future meals.
>>
No. 807876 ID: 094652

Get the take out, you want beef-and-[alien animal meat] tacos with eggroll taco shells.

Offer him a quick romp if he can find a restaurant that sells exactly what you asked.
>>
No. 807880 ID: fc33ea

Apartments can wait, let's get some grub!
>>
No. 807891 ID: 65a774
File 149746577087.png - (19.62KB , 900x450 , 37.png )
807891

>So Rishi prefers her bed partners to be chubby and/or covered in feathers?
You’ve never had someone that was covered in feathers before so you can’t say if you prefer them that way. Sadly, you’ve mostly just had other Serpens. As for chubby… well, sometimes you want someone fit and athletic… other times you want someone big that have a lot to grab on too. Depends on the mood, really. In the end, your egg ride is open for most people.

>Get take out with the nice bird as a thank you/attempt to get some of that sweet sweet stress relief.
:RishiWWD: Food first, then I'll go to my apartment. Not like my apartment is going to go anywhere without me, right?
:LeontiusWWD: Considering how most apartments underground are modular, its actually fully possible to move your whole apartment away from its original spot. Though, they usually do it on a room by room basis, but still…
:RishiWWD: They can move the rooms around? …and wait, how did you know my apartment was underground?
:LeontiusWWD: Because like 90% of the people here does? Everything above ground is super expensive, as there’s so little room to build up there. But enough about that… what do you want to eat? I know this great place but… I don’t know if they do Serpens food…

:RishiWWD: Hmm… I’m aching for some TofuBeef-and-Ankwark tacos with eggroll based shell.
:LeontiusWWD: Err… I don’t think we-
:RishiWWD: If you can find someone that sells that, I’ll reward you with a quick romp later?
:LeontiusWWD: A q-quick r-t-that w-won’t be… err… n-necessary?
:RishiWWD: You did say I was allowed to ask after I’d paid for some dinner, didn’t you? Is this because I’m a Ovale? If that’s the case I can just forfeit the match and let you be on top.
:LeontiusWWD: Forfeit the… no, it’s not because… I mean, I’ve never actually… but… err… it’s just… you’re so damn crude and forward, I don’t know how I should react to it. You’re like a sledgehammer while we others are finely tuned watches.
:RishiWWD: A sledgehammer can easily crush a watch…
:LeontiusWWD: Exactly, and we rather not have them crushed. So stop being a sledgehammer, please.
:RishiWWD: Fine, fine, I’ll be a bit less forward from now on…
:LeontiusWWD: Thank you… and wait a moment! Tacos? Can you even eat tacos?
:RishiWWD: Nope. I just wanted to mess with you a bit, Leo. Now, let’s go. I’m sure I’ll find something to eat.
>>
No. 807893 ID: 65a774
File 149746577925.png - (21.43KB , 900x450 , 38.png )
807893

:RishiWWD: So, how was your meal?
:LeontiusWWD: Delicious. Especially the seeds, always a favorite. How about you? You ordered something… Sakkilian, was it?
:RishiWWD: It’s ok… a bit too sweet and fruity for a main course, but otherwise its good.
:LeontiusWWD: …so… I know I’ll regret asking this but… when you said “Forfeit the match” you meant…what exactly?
:RishiWWD: Oh, right… you don’t need to… It’s a kind of wrestling match, to decides who’s on top when both partners are… the giving kind.
:LeontiusWWD: …you always do that before... um…
:RishiWWD: Sometimes you can get into an agreement before you start the fun… but other times, yes, we wrestle for dominance.
:LeontiusWWD: So the strong always…
:RishiWWD: It’s considered rude not to let someone you regular win against to be on top after a while.
:LeontiusWWD: Ah… that’s… fair, I guess… but let’s change the subject. To something less… risqué…

>Try and get some info on what working on the station is like
:LeontiusWWD: Work here? It’s rather calm actually. The crime rate is really low here, if you don’t count white-collar crimes.
:RishiWWD: You have troubles with white-collar crimes?
:LeontiusWWD: No more than anywhere else, no, but on flip side, we really don’t have a lot of blue-collar ones. I believe it can have something do with how hard it is to move here… and that we pretty much have no low-class populace… err… wait that came out wrong. I don’t mean- they aren’t the ones that… err…
:RishiWWD: I understand what you’re trying to say, don’t worry. So… you were born here?
:LeontiusWWD: Oh no, I wasn’t born here. I moved here when I was about eight… as an… orphan.
:RishiWWD: … … …wait, is that supposed to be… err, sorry?
:LeontiusWWD: Right, I keep forgetting you’re a Serpens. But yes, not having parents is a big deal for us Varkians.
:RishiWWD: So… what happened?
:LeontiusWWD: That’s something for a better time. Hmm… still half an hour until I need to leave…
:RishiWWD:
:LeontiusWWD: …and no, I don’t have time for a quickie.
:RishiWWD: I didn’t say anything.
:LeontiusWWD: You were thinking it.
:RishiWWD: True... so anyway, what’s so important tonight?
:LeontiusWWD: My Quarters and Quetzalcoatl’s group is breaking up… so it’s like one last goodbye kind of thing?
:RishiWWD: Q&Q? The roleplaying game?
:LeontiusWWD: Yeah, that’s it. You ever played it? Or better yet, do you like playing it? I’m looking for a new group to play with, after all.
>>
No. 807896 ID: 3ce125

>>807893
Well you could always try it out.
>>
No. 807898 ID: 00a1f6

I'm more of a Wayseeker person, myself.
>>
No. 807902 ID: a593b6

>>807893
Were new here, it could be good to get into a social circle.
>>
No. 807909 ID: 91ee5f

>>807893
>Yeah, that’s it. You ever played it? Or better yet, do you like playing it? I’m looking for a new group to play with, after all.
"Sure, I play. In fact, I kinda want to go with you to play a game, now. But, seeing as this is supposed to be a special moment for you and you're group, I'm pretty sure it'd be pretty rude for me to suddenly show up and jump in your game, so I'll play a game with you some other time. Besides, I'm *yawn* kinda too tired to focus on a game right now, so I'll be heading to my apartment pretty soon. Ugh, I've got a terrible feeling that it's gonna take me a few weeks before I finally get used to having an extra 5 hours in the day."
>>
No. 807913 ID: fc33ea

I used to a while back, but they released some new edition that I never really got on board with. If you don't mind me asking, why's your group breaking up?
>>
No. 807920 ID: 65a774
File 149748018077.png - (21.82KB , 900x450 , 39.png )
807920

>I'm more of a Wayseeker person, myself.
:LeontiusWWD: Personally, I think that game has way to many floating modifiers, but taste is like the behind…
:RishiWWD: Full of shit?
:LeontiusWWD: I was going with split but that works too, I guess?
>Being new here, it could be good to get into a social circle. Sure, I’ll play.
:LeontiusWWD: The problem is, right now that social circle is only going to be us two. So it’s more like a social line?
>Kinda want to go with you to play a game, now. But, seeing as this is supposed to be a special moment for you and you're group…
:LeontiusWWD: Oh, actually, we’ve already played our last game. This is more of a final goodbye meeting as some people are leaving the station completely.
:RishiWWD: Ah… then it’s probably for the best I’m not attending. Besides, I'm “yawn” kinda too tired to focus on a game right now, so I'll be heading to my apartment pretty soon.
:LeontiusWWD: …did you just say “yawn” out loud?
:RishiWWD: I don’t got a mouth, so I can’t actually yawn…
:LeontiusWWD: Yet still you tried too…
:RishiWWD: Hey, how else am I supposed to sound tired, hmm?
>If you don't mind me asking, why's your group breaking up?
:LeontiusWWD: Two of the player are moving away from the station… and the QM just got a child, so he won’t have a lot of time.
:RishiWWD: Ah, the biggest threat to any Q&Q adventurer party, changes to real life.
:LeontiusWWD: True…
:RishiWWD: So… leaving, eh? How often do people leave the station.
:LeontiusWWD: About as often people move in really… it’s kind of-

You spend the next half hour just talking about the station itself… and a funny story or two about both your and Leo’s old jobs. It’s quite nice just being in his presence actually…

:LeontiusWWD: -and so I simply stayed quiet and they took care of all the work themselves.
:RishiWWD: Heh, that’s one way to do it. Ugh, I've got a terrible feeling that it's gonna take me a few weeks before I finally get used to having an extra 5 hours in the day.
:LeontiusWWD: Yeah, most people that’s new here find it hard to fill all the hours. I would suggest that you keep yourself awake until at least 28 hours, so you don’t change your daily rhythm too much. Speaking of sleeping… where do you live?
:RishiWWD: Um… let’s see… “Sunstrider Spire”.
:LeontiusWWD: Huh!? Really? Where? Which floor?
:RishiWWD: 135D on floor 45.
:LeontiusWWD: Neat. I live on floor 43 in the C section. It’s just a few minutes’ walk away.
:RishiWWD: Huh… well, I guess I’ll be over sometime?
:LeontiusWWD: If you just want to hang out and watch a few holovids, I’m available tonight in like two or three hours. I’d be honored if you came. Of course, if you’re too tired… or find something more interesting to do, then I understand.
:RishiWWD: I’ll keep that in mind.
:LeontiusWWD: Either way, I got to get going. Anything else you want to know before I leave?
>>
No. 807926 ID: 4854ef

Might be good idea to get some contact information? Also maybe any good locales for various stuff.
>>
No. 807929 ID: 3ce125

>>807926
Yeah we need to find out good places to eat, have fun, get some quick hook-ups...
>>
No. 807931 ID: 91ee5f

>>807920
>I would suggest that you keep yourself awake until at least 28 hours, so you don’t change your daily rhythm too much.
That's good advice. What time is it now?

>If you just want to hang out and watch a few holovids, I’m available tonight in like two or three hours.
What time will it be in 2 or 3 hours from now? He can actually help you stay up until at least 28 hours if it's not already 28 hours by then.

Also, he's inviting us over after dinner? Perfect time to tease!

"You're inviting me over after we've had dinner? I know you said, 'Dinner before a romp' but I didn't think you meant it literally!"

Then after he gets embarrassed, say, "Nah, just kidding! How about this? We exchange contact numbers and in 2 or 3 hours from now, I'll try to give you a call and let you know if I'll come over or not. If you don't hear from me, then I probably passed out and I'll see you in the morning. Maybe we could even share a cab ride to work?"
>>
No. 807946 ID: 2016eb

I dunno if we're far enough along for more teasing. He asked us to lay off, so we should.

Resolve to make vague innuendos about how he bought you dinner and invited you over the day you met to his friends later.
>>
No. 807951 ID: fc33ea

Any bits of the alien relations premier I should start with?
>>
No. 808003 ID: fe7355

He know of any Serpens on the force that moved here from Roon or another Serpens world? Preferably ones that didn't move right into "Little Roon" spire and don't much leave it. Because if there are you'd like to chat with 'em and pick their brains on how to behave properly on New Horizon. That'd be a whole lot more tolerable than having to read that entire thousand-plus page xeno-relations guide.

And would it be okay with him if you petted his tail tuft? ...Was that overstepping? That was overstepping, wasn't it? You really do like fluffy things, but he has expressed his personal boundaries and they should be respected. Well, how about a parting hug instead?

Is he heading to Sunstrider Spire for his get-together or is he going elsewhere? 'Cause you two can share a cab most of the way if he's going to Sunstrider.

Oh, you'll be so glad when you get to your apartment and can strip off this outfit. Your inspector's uniform back on Roon didn't cover nearly as much, nor have multiple layers, so this one feels kinda stifling. Literally so, since you breathe through your skin. It'll feel good to cast it all off and feel the air on your skin as you slither up and down the rooms of your very own apartment. Yours and yours alone! No more crammed into a sardine can with four roomies, trippin' over each other's tails and getting on each others nerves! Now you have a place with privacy all to yourself (and a bathroom you don't have to share.) Once inside you might even just stick both your arms out and spin around while singing loudly, just 'cause you can without smacking a wall or annoying a roommate.
>>
No. 808024 ID: 65a774
File 149754275652.png - (20.75KB , 900x450 , 40.png )
808024

>What time is it now?
It's about 20 hours... so you'll need to stay awake for another 8.
>He can actually help you stay up until at least 28 hours if it's not already 28 hours by then.
He should be done at about 22 or 23 hours... so yes, if you haven't found anything better to do, you can hang out with him.

>Might be good idea to get some contact information?
:LeontiusWWD: You already have all my contact information, remember?
:RishiWWD: Oh, right... [You can now call or message Leo at any time.]
>maybe any good locales for various stuff.
:LeontiusWWD: Locales... as in...?
:RishiWWD: Food stuff?
:LeontiusWWD: Well, you've already seen one of the best restaurant squares near the Sunstrider spire. There's also a good food store on floor 44 A section that sells some neat stuff. Anything else you can always fabricate in your apartment, can't you?
:RishiWWD: ...oh, right, the place comes with a food fabricator, doesn't it? I've never used one of those before. But what about fun? Is there anything to do around here?
:LeontiusWWD: Well, there are some sport arena stuff around if you're into that kind of stuff... and a lot of parks if you like nature. There's also a pretty good BTL store on... your floor actually... and there's an arcade as well, I think? Oh, and there's a pretty good bathhouse on my floor.
:RishiWWD: A bathhouse? I've got to check that out. So... if I wanted to find someone for a quick hook-up I’ll…?
:LeontiusWWD: Err... try a bar? I think there is one on 44th?
:RishiWWD: A bar? I guess that makes sense. Alcohol does make you guys braver, after all.

>Any bits of the alien relations premier I should start with?
:LeontiusWWD: For you? I would say the dating and relationships section.
>Do you know of any Serpens on the force that moved here from Roon or another Serpens world?
:LeontiusWWD: On the force? No, I don't. But I do know some Serpens that was born here, so they are a bit less... forward compared to you. But I'm sure you'll meet a follow Serpens soon enough, Ri.
>He's inviting us over after dinner? Perfect time to tease!
:RishiWWD: Wait... did you just invite me over after I bought you dinner?
:LeontiusWWD: Oh right, I forgot. Thank you for paying for the dinner, Ri, and even if it was with a coupon, I swear on my honor that I'll repay you so- wait... that cheeky look you currently have...
:RishiWWD: Heh, when you said "At least buy someone dinner first before asking something like that" I didn't think you would be the one who asked me for it.
:LeontiusWWD: T-that's not w-what I-
:RishiWWD: Ohoho, I'm just kidding. I'm sorry, but you're just so easy to tease, Leo.
:LeontiusWWD: I guess I am... but yeah, I did walk right into that one, didn't I?

>And would it be okay with him if you petted his tail tuft?
:LeontiusWWD: My tail? Err...
:RishiWWD: I really do like fluffy things... and your tail is really FLUFFY! Um... wait... was that overstepping?
:LeontiusWWD: ...no, it's just... I've never had anyone ask to pet my tail so... err... I don't... know?
>Well, how about a parting hug instead?
:LeontiusWWD: That, on the other hand, I'm all for.
>Is he heading to Sunstrider Spire for his get-together or is he going elsewhere? 'Cause you two can share a cab most of the way if he's going to Sunstrider.
:LeontiusWWD: I was actually going to take the tram. It’s completely free but you’ll have to walk a bit to and from the tram stations.
:RishiWWD: I think I read about those trams. How do they work?
:LeontiusWWD: Just go to a tram station and type in where you’re going. A tram will arrive shortly after to take you to the closes tram station. Though, you might be forced to share or pick up someone on the way, but it doesn’t happen that often.
:RishiWWD: Then what are we waiting for? To the tram!
:LeontiusWWD: Right this way, Ri.
>>
No. 808025 ID: 65a774
File 149754277545.png - (19.31KB , 900x450 , 41.png )
808025

Saying goodbye to Leo for now, you soon find yourself in your apartment. The first thing that strikes you is just how big it seems. You’re used to live in a rather cramped living space but this? …this is huge… and beautiful. Of course, you spent most of your savings to get this place and decorate it… but it was worth it… even if you’ll still need to pay rent.

>You'll be so glad when you get to your apartment and can strip off this outfit.
You’re really not used to wearing something like this. It feels almost like it’s chocking you by now, as it makes it harder for you to breathe through your skin. You guess it’s something to get used to… but until then, this thing needs to be hitting the floor as soon as it can, whenever it can.
>No more crammed into a sardine can with four roomies, trippin' over each other's tails and getting on each other’s nerves!
Ah, so much space… and privacy! It feels like you’re suddenly living in a huge castle… though, there always is a downside, isn’t there? Without roommates it’s suddenly a lot harder to find some… relief at home. You guess you actually need to work for it here…
>And a bathroom you don't have to share.
...what is a bathroom? You mean your bedroom? There’s a big bath in your bedroom, after all.

The question is… what do you do now? Part of you wants to just rip off all your clothes and take a dip in bed… but then you might fall asleep. Maybe you could keep yourself busy by investigating every last nook and cranny in your apartment… though, then the question becomes what you’ll wear. Maybe you should just throw on something a bit more relaxed… or maybe just a bathrobe… or you can just go naked because why the fuck not? It’s your apartment after all. Hmm… you did see a few of your new neighbors outside as well, maybe you should go and say hi? …though then you really shouldn’t be naked… or in a bathrobe.

Questions, questions… Relax, explore or meet new people… Naked, bathrobe or relaxed clothing… so many questions…
>>
No. 808028 ID: 00a1f6

Change into casual wear and introduce yourself to your neighbors. Also, determine if the fish are real.
>>
No. 808043 ID: 91ee5f

>>808025
>...what is a bathroom? You mean your bedroom? There’s a big bath in your bedroom, after all.
Usually, aliens have those separate from their bedrooms. And the bathroom usually has what is called a "toilet" in it, which is usually used for.....actually, just look up what a "toilet" is and what it's used for in the [insert correct term for dictionary here].

>What do?
Explore every last nook and cranny in your apartment.....while being completely naked! Go and be free Rishi! Set your thiccness free from the confines of your work clothes!

Also, you're not always going to be able to bring another Serpens home for "relief", so you'd better look around your apartment for a couch and/or alien bed that isn't a tub, for those times when you bring someone that isn't a Serpens home for some "relief". Because not all of them will want to get in your tub bed for some "fun"!
>>
No. 808046 ID: fc33ea

Well of course a leather coat doesn't breathe, that's not an excuse to wear your birthday suit. Wear something in cotton or something.

First check out your appartment, then meet the neighbors. What's that orange tank clashing with your deep sea aesthetic?
>>
No. 808050 ID: be0718

Go au naturale and explore every nook and/or cranny. Forget to put anything on when the doorbell rings.
>>
No. 808061 ID: fe7355

Your apartment is relatively big, but no nearly so big that it'd take you hours to explore. And the neighbors won't be moving out in the meantime, so strip naked, check the place out and make sure it's how you wanted it decorated and furnished. And you can also make sure everything you sent from Roon is here and intact, so if any isn't you can lodge a complaint with the moving company. You can throw on some light clothes and meet the neighbors afterwards. ...Hm. Maybe you could get a run up and slide across the floor.

Also make sure to set your comm implant alarm so you don't miss going to Leo's place, just in case you get engrossed with something or talking with someone.

And what is that ugly clashing orange box thing up on the wall throwing off the room's color scheme? That doesn't work with the decor scheme you paid well for. You'll need to contact apartment management and find out why they didn't paint that thing to match your specifications.

>Without roommates it’s suddenly a lot harder to find some… relief at home. You guess you actually need to work for it here…
And besides that, you had a lot of your social interaction with your roomies, even if they did get on your nerves at times. In fact, there was scarcely a moment back on Roon where you were alone, wasn't there? You're gonna have to get used to not having someone else around all the time. Not sharing your tub nearly every night with another Serpens. It's gonna feel weird for awhile. Good, and different, but also weird.

>...what is a bathroom? You mean your bedroom? There’s a big bath in your bedroom, after all.
Well, look it up. For other species the bath is for bodily cleanliness and not for sleeping in, so they usually have a separate room for it and personal hygiene. Often the same room with the toilet (or whatever facility Serpens use for bodily waste disposal,) though sometimes the toilet is in a separate lavatory or water closet.
>>
No. 808079 ID: ba506f

remove restricting clothes, explore your apartment. You bought the damn thing now it's time to enjoy your investment.
>>
No. 808110 ID: 65a774
File 149756605371.png - (19.00KB , 900x450 , 42.png )
808110

>Usually, aliens have bathrooms separate from their bedrooms. And the bathroom usually has what is called a "toilet" in it.
Who uses a toilet in this day and age? You’re pretty sure most species haven’t had to poop for at least a 100 years. But that they have rooms dedicated for baths makes sense, as they just clean themselves in them.
>What's that orange tank clashing with your deep sea aesthetic?
What are you talking about? It’s clearly blue and not pumpkin colored… clearly… it’s blue… anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
>Also make sure to set your comm implant alarm so you don't miss going to Leo's place, just in case you get engrossed with something or talking with someone.
Right. It will start beeping at 22 hours now.

>Change into casual wear and introduce yourself to your neighbors.
Hmm… yeah, you really need to introduce yourself to the neighbors…
>Your apartment is relatively big, but no nearly so big that it'd take you hours to explore. And the neighbors won't be moving out in the meantime…
But then again… there’s no need to rush, is there?
>Go au naturale and explore every nook and/or cranny.
WOO! FREEEEEDOOOOM!!! By the tides, it feels good for your skin to breathe again.

Picking a door on random, you find yourself in… what you think is the kitchen? There’s a fridge, oven and the other usual suspects… as well as a food fabricator. Those things are so neat. You’ll need to take some time to play with it later… when you’re hungry.

>Determine if the fish are real.
At first glance it looks like you can look straight out into the sea, but on closer inspection they are just static monitors made to look like windows.
>You can also make sure everything you sent from Roon is here and intact.
Most of the furniture was bought from New Horizon, as it’s rather expensive to send something big like that through space. Though, maybe you’ll need to check if everything you’ve bought is actually here… it was a furniture set called “Atlantis” (whatever that means) which included these really neat virtual sea windows and other stuff that fits next to those.
>You'd better look around your apartment for a couch and/or alien bed that isn't a tub, for those times when you bring someone that isn't a Serpens home for some "relief".
You’re pretty sure there were a couch and maybe even one of those galactic standard beds in that furniture set, but it doesn’t seem to be placed in here. Maybe another room?

>You're gonna have to get used to not having someone else around all the time.
It’s kind of empty here, isn’t it? And you don’t just mean the apartment, but the whole station. You’re so used with the massive overpopulation on Roon that it’s quite an experience to be so… alone. And it’s so quiet here… you can’t hear a thing… in fact, it’s so quiet that you start hearing things that isn’t there to compensate… it’s almost like there’s someone else in the apartment with you.

But enough about that, let’s continue exploring.
>>
No. 808111 ID: 65a774
File 149756606247.png - (24.77KB , 900x450 , 43.png )
808111

…apparently, you thought you heard someone else because there is someone else here. There’s a human female in your bedroom, looking down in the water tank while doing something on a datapad. Going by her clothes and the ID badge that says “Tatius OWH”, you’re going to assume this lady is part of the company that you’re renting this apartment from… but for what she’s doing here…

Only glancing back for a bare moment, the human starts to address you as if nothing is odd.

:NonWWD: Hmm? Oh, you must be lady Zsazsa. Our apologies for the slight delay, but we’re almost done with your apartment. You did get the message about that, right?
:RishiWWD: Message? Oh! I… I must have missed that in all the excitement… ops?
:NonWWD: Don’t worry about it. It just says that we had some troubles with the water tank module, which happens quite frequently, and need some extra time to install it. It’s should be properly installed now, but I still need to run a few tests to make sure everything works like intended. That won’t be a problem, will it?

Looking back for an answer, the human gal finally sees you in your full glory, yet her face keep itself stoic. Her eyes look you over only once to assert the situation before going back to the datapad in her hands.

:NonWWD: …am I… interrupting something? …oh, right, the sleeping bath. Of course, you’re here to try it out… can I ask you to wait for a minute? I just need to make sure the water cycling works as intended, if you don’t mind. I guess I can give you a tour of the apartment to make up for the delay… or is there something else I can do to make up for it?

>Forget to put anything on when the doorbell rings.
Apparently, you don’t even need to open the door to submit someone to a full frontal attack here.
>>
No. 808118 ID: 4854ef

Resist the urge to ask her to test the eggcannon as a measure to make up for it. Mention that you were just getting comfortable in your home and exploring so this matches up well enough,

Though given how humans are it's surprising that she's taking all this in stride. Do ask for a tour though, there may be some electronics or features we may not know about.
>>
No. 808119 ID: fc2139

Welp she's asking for it. Give her a taste of Serpan forwardness by asking for a quickie after she's done with your tank.
>>
No. 808127 ID: ba506f

well I guess you can ask for her name and maybe contact info incase the water tank starts acting up, or whatever number we need to call to have someone check on it.

Also don't put anything on unless she states she's uncomfortable and act like nothing is wrong. I mean it isn't like you've never seen someone naked back home, it's not that big of deal.
>>
No. 808132 ID: 3ce125

>You’re pretty sure most species haven’t had to poop for at least a 100 years.
Uh, how? It's impossible to get 100% efficient digestion; there will always be waste products. I guess you could piss away everything but either you'd have to pee far more often or you'd have to get digestion near 90% efficient, which is still impossible I think. Also higher chance of bladder problems since there's more solids in solution.

>>808111
I guess go put on a bathrobe. Tell her a tour would be nice, yeah. Ask if she wanted to pay any particular attention to the bedroom? Try some subtlety in your sex talk.
>>
No. 808143 ID: fc33ea

>What are you talking about?
bruh it's right above your door, I need to know if someone can try to drop it on your head to kill you in an explosion

Anyway, best way to test the water is to jump in, isn't it?
>>
No. 808157 ID: 41c701

Agree to the tour.

...oh, and put on a bathrobe. A soft, fuzzy one.
>>
No. 808158 ID: 91ee5f

>>808111
>…am I…interrupting something?
"No, you're not interrupting. I just had to take my work clothes off because they felt like they were literally suffocating me to death."

>or is there something else I can do to make up for it?
Since she works for the company that you’re renting this apartment from, she must've seen your bio.....which means she should know what kind of "equipment" to expect.

Wait for her to finish and then say, "Well, if you're comfortable with it, we could have some "fun", if ya know what I mean?~~~" *wink*

And then silently think to yourself, "Give in to the thiccness! You cannot resist my curves!"

>>808143
>Anyway, best way to test the water is to jump in, isn't it?
That may be true, but for now, let's just put the tip of our tail in there.
>>
No. 808163 ID: 91ee5f

>>808158
Also, I just now noticed this.

Rishi, don't panic, but.....
>>808110
>>808111
YOUR HOOD ISN'T SILVER ANYMORE!!!!! DX
>>
No. 808171 ID: fe7355

Give the gal a quick but thorough look over. You do like the female form, and you liked the way human boobs looked enough to get a pair of your own, so seeing both together up close, even clothed, is... Nice. ...But her last offer was most likely not a veiled offering for sex but something more in-line with her employer, like a free meal coupon. And besides, she's on the job. Even on Roon it's considered poor behavior to shirk your job duties for a fuck, so you'd guess here it'd be even more so. And you don't know how to read if she's interested or not either. Best not to try to make a proposition until you feel out things.

Ask her what else would she be offering to make the delay up to you. Then realize you should ask her if she's okay with you being naked or if she'd prefer you put a robe on. Add that you've just arrived from Roon so the whole nudity-being-a-issue-for-others thing is a concept that's still sinking into your mind. Say you didn't think anyone else was here anyway and that suit you had to wear for work was half-literally smothering you, so off it all went.

Once she's made her preference clear and you've robed or not, offer your hand in introduction (you hope you're doing it right,) and ask what her name is. Is she the Tatius maintenance tech for this apartment block? 'Cause if so you should get her contact info, if it's not already attached to that message you overlooked. And comment that she has the distinction of being the first human you've spoken to... ever, you think. Certainly on New Horizon.

Anyway, you'll leave her to finishing up while you check out the rest of your apartment. She can meet up with you to give you the "grand" tour. Oh, and check your comm's in-box too, in case you missed any other messages.

And squee that you're getting a whole sleeping pool to yourself! You had to sleep in a tub scant bigger than you back on Roon and now you have all this! Oh, you want to get some folks to share it with sometime soon. ...Aw, nuts, you probably won't be able to have non-Serpens in it for "relief," will you? Well, that stinks. All this room and you don't have folks who you can share it with.

>Who uses a toilet in this day and age? You’re pretty sure most species haven’t had to poop for at least a 100 years.
Oh, right, waste nullifier implants. Y'know, how do those work without violating conservation of mass? Anyway, there are still rare cases where there are those who don't have such implants and in which toilets would have to be installed. Situations such as a person has some biological reason they can't have the implants or for philosophical/moral/religious/whatever reasons like they refuse all implants or only allow the minimum legal amount. Or there's cases where the implants fail or malfunction and stop working, or are even intentionally disabled. Oh, and don't forget those who are too young to have had the implants installed yet.

>>808132
It was mentioned in the first thread of the previous run of Will We Dream that waste nullifier implants are commonplace, negating the need for toilets even though Jo's apartment bathroom did have one. Guess that carried over into the reboot. (It also means that anal sex acts aren't nearly as much of a hassle to engage in hygienically, which would likely mean they'd be more commonly performed and have less stigma. But that's just my guess, as it wasn't pointed out specifically. These implants would also have been a great boon for pet owners, since pets with such implants don't crap or piss any more.)
>>
No. 808239 ID: be0718

Well that's what they get for walking in unannounced: the full monty!

If the tech doesn't take you up on your offer, you can find a new playmate by buying a colony deed and setting it up in a well furnished room with at least one light and a door.
>>
No. 808240 ID: be0718

And also, take her up on her offer. Come as you are.
>>
No. 808263 ID: fe7355

>>808171
And wait to offer your hand for introductions and making more involved conversation until after she's done calibrating your pool so you aren't rudely distracting her from her job.
>>
No. 808291 ID: 65a774
File 149761952716.png - (25.11KB , 900x450 , 44.png )
808291

>YOUR HOOD ISN'T SILVER ANYMORE!!!!!
Shh, just pretend that never happened, okay?
>Uh, how? It's impossible to get 100% efficient digestion; there will always be waste products.
You’re not sure how the bio-mods works, but you think they convert waste matter into… err… and then use that to… um… something or another?
>You can find a new playmate by buying a colony deed and setting it up in a well-furnished room with at least one light and a door.
This is reality, not a game. Besides, those kinds of roommates always try to pay their rent with bandages or seeds instead of money. Quite rude, if you ask… err… you.
>Check your comm's in-box too, in case you missed any other messages.
The only message in there is from Tatius Off-World Habitats, just like she said.

>Give the gal a quick but thorough look over.
Hmm… rather average hips… rather average chest… a thin midsection, though. It’s clear she doesn’t have any bio-mods, but that’s maybe for the best. After all, sometimes you want them natural. The fur on her head is interesting, as you’re pretty sure that isn’t a normal color for them to have. She looks tasty, would definitely fill her with your eggs.


>No, you're not interrupting. I just had to take my work clothes off because they felt like they were literally suffocating me to death.
:NonWWD: Ah, yes, I know the feeling. Very few things beats coming home after a long day at work, throw of all those stuffy clothes, put your feet on the table and then crack open a cold one, eh?
>Then realize you should ask her if she's okay with you being naked or if she'd prefer you put a robe on.
:NonWWD: Ma’am, I don’t really care what you do in your own home. I might have cared if you actually had anything that wasn’t internal or… lacking in certain features.
:RishiWWD: Certain features?
:NonWWD: Nipples. They are what are really explicit about chests.
>Ask her what else would she be offering to make the delay up to you.
:NonWWD: *Shrug*

>Best way to test the water is to jump in, isn't it?
:NonWWD: Please refrain from touching the water right now. These tests are almost complete.
>I guess you can ask for her name and maybe contact info incase the water tank starts acting up, or whatever number we need to call to have someone check on it.
:NonWWD: Everything you need to know is on that yellow sign over there. Just call the number there if something is wrong with your water tank… or the rest of your apartment.
>Offer your hand in introduction and ask what her name is.
You’re not sure if you’re doing something wrong or if she just haven’t noticed it, but she doesn’t shake your hand at all.
:JuliaWWD: My name? You can call me Julia if you want to be more personal.

>Agree to the tour.
:JuliaWWD: Very well. I can give you a quick tour while this thing finishes. Is there anything in particular you want to know about?
>Ask if she wanted to pay any particular attention to the bedroom?
:JuliaWWD: The water tank? Most of the instructions can be access on one of the terminals, if you ever have any questions about functionality. You can also use them to set the temperature, current speed, depth, light and saltiness. It’s also connected to the food fabricator if you ever want to fill it with algae and plankton of your choice for easy consumption.
:RishiWWD: Oooh… neat.
:JuliaWWD: I would suggest that you don’t try to fill it with anything but the pre-approved substances, as there might be clogging and other problems. Now, for the other rooms…
:RishiWWD: Actually, my question was if YOU wanted to pay attention to the bedroom.
:JuliaWWD: Our tour will end with the guest bedroom, please hold any further questions about bedrooms until then.
:RishiWWD: Uh…
>>
No. 808292 ID: 65a774
File 149761953869.png - (24.10KB , 900x450 , 45.png )
808292

Going through the other rooms, you’re told how to operate the sea windows, the food fabricator as well as the other special kitchenwares. Finally, you arrive in the one room you’ve yet explored yourself.

:JuliaWWD: Here you have your main terminal station. Both the manual control as well as the neural one is located in the cupboard beneath the monitor. Your computer rig as well as consoles are located in the cardboard box over there, as we didn’t know which, if any, of those you wanted to plug in. Besides, most people prefer plugging in their own hardware. The door next to the box is for machine maintenance. Unless you have a robot, android or cybernetics yourself, I would suggest you keep out of it as it’s there the cleaning and repair droids are stored and maintained.
:RishiWWD: Don’t open that door, check… but that door over there, then?
:JuliaWWD: This is the guest room. Fitted with a galactic standard bed for the comfort of most species.
:RishiWWD: ...I’ve always wondered why it’s called a galactic standard bed…
:JuliaWWD: Because all species except the Uredo, who need planters, can sleep comfortably on it. While all species except humans prefer other beds, this one can be used by everyone for both sleep and… other activities. That concludes our tour… any other questions?

>Resist the urge to ask her to test the eggcannon as a measure to make up for it.
Must… resist… urge… you’re… not… a sledgehammer… be… a scalpel… inste-
:RishiWWD: , Well, if you're comfortable with it, we could have some "fun", if you know what I mean? *wink*

...FUCK. At least she doesn’t seem offended… in fact, it looks like she’s… thinking about it?
>Think to yourself, "Give in to the thiccness! You cannot resist my curves!"
These are the curve of a goddess! Fail your will save against them!
:JuliaWWD: I’m sorry, but I’m on the clock right now… of course, as soon as I’m done here I’ll have a 15 minutes break, but I can’t see what kind of fun we can do on such a short time… and notice. I usually prefer to have fun in longer intervals, as it’s hard to really get into things when you have so little time to relax on.
:RishiWWD: …really?

…you think you might be able to… convince her otherwise… though the real question is… should you?

Seduce Julia the tech gal and pump her full of eggs? (Yes / No)
>>
No. 808293 ID: 51b8ec

>>808292
Negatory. If the lady prefers more time for her fun, who are you to play quickshot mcgee?
>>
No. 808294 ID: da1652

>>808292
N, she's making it pretty clear she's not the quickie type.
>>
No. 808303 ID: 91ee5f

>>808292
Awww.....I guess you shouldn't.

Oh, well. Better luck next time, Rishi.
>>
No. 808309 ID: 65a774
File 149763442982.png - (24.36KB , 900x450 , 46.png )
808309

>Negatory. If the lady prefers more time for her fun, who are you to play quickshot mcgee?
But… she’s so… you really want to… dammit, you’re right. You should take this slowly. You’ll have another chance, you’re sure.

[Side quest (A small tip): Failed]

>Oh, well. Better luck next time, Rishi.
You really hope so. Still, if you want there to be a next time, you might need to-

:AIWWD: Attention, enter owner name here, there is currently a “Octavia Nerva” as well as a “Varinia Nerva” at your front door. Message: “Salutation, newcomer, this is your next door neighbors. Can we have the pleasure to have a proper welcoming deliberation w- Huh? Yes, I said- what no! I’m not- H-hands off th-”
:JuliaWWD: Oh right… you’ll need to enter your name into the console at the entrance. Unless you want it to address you as that, of course.
:AIWWD: New message from the front door: “What my sister meant to say is, we’re here to welcome you, if you have the fucking time to- hey, stop that. You’re not-”
:JuliaWWD: I think this is my cue for leaving… the tests came out a-ok so your apartment should be fully operational.
:AIWWD: New message from the front door: “Please apologize for the crude language, but some of us are less…refined than others. But yes, we’d love to share some tea and dried fruits if you so des- GAH!”
:JuliaWWD: I just need to gather my tools before leaving…
:AIWWD: New message from the front door: “Or we can just crack open some cold ones. If that isn’t the proper fucking way to greet someone I don’t know shit. Mff! Let go of me you little- Also, ignore any muffled screams you might hear. So, want to let us in?”
:JuliaWWD: A cold one? I would really go for one of those right now… but anyway; you can address the AI verbally if you want to say anything to those two outside. Meanwhile, I’ll need to get my stuff and then go on break…
>>
No. 808323 ID: ba506f

...probably should throw a bathrobe on before you get the door. Also if Julia wants to stay for a cold one might as well let her. Oh and get the door.
>>
No. 808326 ID: fc33ea

If she wants to stick around, that's fine with you. Just promise she'll consider returning once she has more time.

Have the AI tell the people at the door you'll be right out, and then get decent.
>>
No. 808341 ID: 00a1f6

If it got enough support, could we change the rest of the yellow scales to silver? They look kind of funky only covering our neck and body.
>>
No. 808387 ID: 2fcdf5

Stand on top of the box and jump to discover a hidden block.

Then go and answer the door. Naked.
>>
No. 808390 ID: 891b91

>>808309
Turn that box upside down, defiantly. No box gets to tell you which side is up.
>>
No. 808392 ID: 3ce125

Don't mess with the box, unless it's to open it properly. Don't want to damage your stuff.

Also throw some clothes on to greet your neighbors.
>>
No. 808411 ID: be0718

Go answer the door, naked. If that isn’t the proper fucking way to greet someone I don’t know shit.
It'd be your pleasure to crack open a cold one with the girls. Invite Julia to stick around if she likes.

>>808341
Seconded, kind of surprised she only modded that from the neck up.1
>>
No. 808413 ID: 91ee5f

>>808309
Send a message to your neighbors that you'll be there in a second! Then go put on a robe or something.

>Oh right…you’ll need to enter your name into the console at the entrance. Unless you want it to address you as that, of course.
Don't forget to do that!

>>808407
Well, when she's out and about, you can only see her scales from the neck up. The only time anyone would see her other scales would be if they're getting into bed together or something like that.
>>
No. 808415 ID: 3373e2

>>808411
This seems like a pretty sensible thing to do.
>>
No. 808424 ID: 65a774
File 149766047004.png - (20.17KB , 900x450 , 47.png )
808424

>If it got enough support, could we change the rest of the yellow scales to silver? They look kind of funky only covering our neck and body.
Take it up in the disthread. If enough people are supportive about it then sure.

>If Julia wants to stay for a cold one might as well let her.
:JuliaWWD: It would be rude to interrupt your welcoming party, ma’am… besides, I need to get my stuff first anyway. Though a beer would really hit the spot right now… hmm…
>Just promise she'll consider returning once she has more time.
:JuliaWWD: Returning? Why? Do you think you’re going to have any trouble with the pipe? It does require some regular draining, so if you ever need to have it emptied I’ll be happy to come by and get my hands dirty. Though, I’m going to need more than just 15 minutes to really do so. Now, where did I leave my tools?

>Have the AI tell the people at the door you'll be right out, and then get decent.
You tell the AI to forward a message that you’ll be right there while you grab a bathrobe to make yourself a bit more decent.
>Stand on top of the box and jump to discover a hidden block.
You don’t think the box can handle your weight.
>Turn that box upside down, defiantly. No box gets to tell you which side is up.
HA! Take that, box! That’s right! Down with the system! Fuck the police! …err, wait…

Now decent, you tell the AI to open the front door to let your new guests inside.

:OctaviaWWD: Ah, what a charming apartment!
:VariniaWWD: Hmm… water themed, eh? It’s kind of sweet, I guess.
>>
No. 808425 ID: 65a774
File 149766048059.png - (94.96KB , 900x450 , 48.png )
808425

Those that enter are two Sakkilian females… sisters if you heard correctly. One of them is rather muscular and… wide, wearing something that looks like training clothes. She’s also carrying a six-pack of some kind of canned drink, which you assume are the “cold ones”. Her sister is noticeable smaller and a lot thinner… not to mention the human fur on her head and her human chest. Wearing what looks like some kind of dress, you can only assume she’s the more refined of the sisters.

:OctaviaWWD: Oh? Our new neighbor is a Serpens? How exciting! Let me present myself. I am Lady Octavia.
:VariniaWWD: And I’m Varinia... and I’m the one who’s brining the beers today. You can thank me later.
:OctaviaWWD: Or, if you rather prefer, I have a box of tealeaves with me. If you would be so kind as to boil some water, we can-
:VariniaWWD: You really think she wants some piss-water over a newly opened cold one?
:OctaviaWWD: Oh please, sister. Look at her. It’s clear she’s a refined woman of good taste and… err… and… are those… real!?
:VariniaWWD: HA! How the hell did you miss those things until now? ...and real classy, sis, just asking if they are real like that. For shame…
:OctaviaWWD: It’s not- I didn’t… I was just asking as a… um… someone of similar interest, that’s all.
>>
No. 808427 ID: 3ce125

>>808424
>It does require some regular draining, so if you ever need to have it emptied I’ll be happy to come by and get my hands dirty. Though, I’m going to need more than just 15 minutes to really do so.
I like her.

>>808425
They're biomods, if that's what she means. And yes, you'd love a beer... if it's a good brand.
>>
No. 808435 ID: be0718

You're actually more of a tea drinker; your system's just better suited for experiencing it than grain alcohol. (Besides, Serpens inhibitions don't need loosening!)
Why don't we better acquaint ourselves while the pot's on the stove?

They're as real as biomods get, I guess.
>>
No. 808439 ID: 3373e2

Maybe inquire about the Tea before we drink it. Subtle flirting should be appropriate in this situation, probably about our Finely Crafted bio-mods.
>>
No. 808445 ID: 2fcdf5

Drink both.
>>
No. 808446 ID: 3373e2

>>808435
Also don't forget to compliment Octavia's as well. Don't wanna seem rude or anything.
>>
No. 808448 ID: fc33ea

Hey, why choose? Lemme see if there's a kettle in the kitchen & we'll open those cans while we wait.
>>
No. 808449 ID: 91ee5f

>>808424
>Fuck the police! …err, wait…
Well, in your case, that's what you're looking for, right?

>>808425
>One of them is rather muscular and… wide, wearing something that looks like training clothes.
Is she wide from being muscular or wide from being a little fat?

>a six-pack of some kind of canned drink, which you assume are the “cold ones”.
"Cold ones" are an alien term that usually refers to beer on some other type of non fancy alcohol.

>are those…real!?
The hips have struck again! >:-D

>It’s not- I didn’t…I was just asking as a…um…someone of similar interest, that’s all.
Put your hands on your hips (only your normal hands or all 4 of them, it's up to you) and stick one of your hips out to the side and say, "I don't mind the stares. After all, that's what I got them for!~~~"
>>
No. 808494 ID: fe7355

Say that, for clarity's sake, she's talking about these -pointing at your boobs- and not something else you didn't pick up on. 'Cause if it's your breasts, then yes, they are genuine bio-modded ones. And tell 'em that they're free to be candid. You just arrived from Roon today, first time off-world, so that kinda thing is far from offensive for you. Quite the opposite, actually. You like when other folks appreciate what you got goin' on. Oh, but where's your manners. Offer your hand to them, mentioning you hope you're doing this greeting right, and introduce yourself.

Tell 'em that you haven't had either "tea" or "beer" before, so you don't know if you like one, the other, or both. How 'bout you try 'em both and see how you like 'em. ...Actually, what are they, anyway?

Compliment Octavia on the work she's gotten. You like the hair, it looks so fine and soft. You'd bet it'd feel nice to the touch. And her breasts look excellent. You have to ask her where she got her bio-mods done. You're in the market for an upgrade since you just found out the place you got your boobs from didn't give you complete ones like you thought.

Ask Varinia for a unopened "cold one" so you can offer it to Julia. Hopefully she'll decide to stick around on this welcome wagon until her break is up. And having company on her break would be more interesting than not, right?

Also idly note if the beer can is one of those Serpens-friendly types with a pull off top that allows you to easily dip a finger in to drink.

Give the two sisters a visual once-over when they won't notice. How do they stack up for ya? Octavia's got a lovely curvy shape, while Varinia's got a nicely muscular physique. Either one you'd go for, depending on your mood. ...And both at once you'd go for even more. ...But, again, remember they are not Serpens. They may not go for that together. They may not even go for Ovale Serpens. You gotta feel 'em out and figure out what they go for.

>Do you think you’re going to have any trouble with the pipe? It does require some regular draining, so if you ever need to have it emptied I’ll be happy to come by and get my hands dirty. Though, I’m going to need more than just 15 minutes to really do so.
...You're unsure if this was a veiled sexual reference to your ovipositor or if she was actually talking about plumbing maintenance. Your skill at reading sexual hints is basically next to zero, after all. Maybe you can check the apartment's maintenance guide later so you're sure which one it was.

>>808449
>The hips have struck again! >:-D
Um, no they haven't struck again. Octavia is talking 'bout Rishi's boobs, not her hips. The "similar interest" is that Octavia has tits too. ...But it's possible she's talking about something other than tits or hips and it'll be a case of miscommunication.
>>
No. 808497 ID: 4854ef

Drink the beer! We need to loosen up after a murder case afteralll.
>>
No. 808520 ID: 65a774
File 149771289196.png - (96.18KB , 900x450 , 49.png )
808520

>Fuck the police? Well, in your case, that's what you're looking for, right?
That’s right. Have sex with the police.
>...You're unsure if what Julia said was a veiled sexual reference to your ovipositor or if she was actually talking about plumbing maintenance.
Well, the tank does have a lot of plumbing… but you’d think it would be mostly automatic. Maybe you need the check the apartment guide for info later.
>I like Julia.
She does seem nice… and if what she said actually was a reference to your rod, then you’ll like her even more!
>Idly note if the beer can is one of those Serpens-friendly types with a pull off top that allows you to easily dip a finger in to drink.
It doesn’t seem so. But it doesn’t really matter, as drinking with your fingers is rather rude… and you think you read it somewhere that alien prefers if you drink with the snout.
>We need to loosen up after a murder case after all.
Oh right, someone was murdered today. You’re not sure if it’s because everything happened so fast or if you were just high on adrenaline, but it still haven’t really hit you someone died. Maybe it never will.
>Serpens inhibitions don't need loosening!
Your enhanced liquid dissolver can break down alcohol without any side effects… unless you choose not to. Drunkenness is a choice in today’s day and age.


>Say that, for clarity's sake, she's talking about these -pointing at your boobs- and not something else you didn't pick up on.
:OctaviaWWD: Well, see here, what I meant was-
:VariniaWWD: She’s talking about your ample chest, yes.
>They're biomods, if that's what she means.
:OctaviaWWD: Oh… why, they are a fine pair, if I have to say it myself. My apologies for being so forward, but I’m quite the connoisseur when it comes to… human objects, yes.
:VariniaWWD: So, are you going to ask if you can fondle her today or…?
:OctaviaWWD: W-what!? I’m not going to- Dammit, Vari, not in front of a new acquaintance like this! You’ll aggrieve them!
>And tell 'em that they're free to be candid.
:VariniaWWD: See? She’s fucking up to it as well. I’m sure she won’t mind you groping them.
:OctaviaWWD: Geez, now there’s two of them… No, I don’t want to grope her, sister…

>Hey, why choose? Lemme see if there's a kettle in the kitchen & we'll open those cans while we wait.
:OctaviaWWD: Actually, you can just ask the apartment AI to boil some water.
:RishiWWD: …AI, boil some water for tea.
:AIWWD: Boiling water. 4 people present, boiling for four cups unless specified otherwise. It will be done in… 1 minute, enter owner name here.
:VariniaWWD: And while you two wait for that, just grab a cold one from me, eh?
:OctaviaWWD: I’m really not sure if tea and beer will really… fit…
:RishiWWD: I wouldn’t know if they fit or not as I’m pretty sure I’ve never had a beer… and the only tea I’ve had is Roonian seaweed tea of different kinds so…
:VariniaWWD: Bah, who cares if they go together or not. Let’s have a freaking lark and try it anyway!
:OctaviaWWD: I’ll stick to my herbal tea, thank you very much.

>Compliment Octavia on the work she's gotten. You like the hair, it looks so fine and soft. You'd bet it'd feel nice to the touch.
As you compliment her hair, you can see her face light up as she makes a quick motion to show off how airy her hair is.
:OctaviaWWD: Why thank you, darling, I do put a lot of work down to make it look pristine.
>Subtle flirting should be appropriate in this situation, probably about our Finely Crafted bio-mods.
:RishiWWD: I have to say, it’s not only the hair that is striking with the both of you. Octavia’s form is quite the sight to behold… and Vari’s muscles are really impressive.
:OctaviaWWD: Heheh, I do work hard to maintain this shape, so thank you for noticing.
:VariniaWWD: Yeah, these bad boys *Flex* don’t make themselves, do they?
>You have to ask her where she got her bio-mods done.
:OctaviaWWD: Err… actually… um…
:VariniaWWD: The only non-standard bio-mods we have between us are my muscle enhancers, and even they are on the weak side. I got to keep on training hard to keep them in this shape.
:RishiWWD: You don’t have bio-mods? …so those are?
:OctaviaWWD: Something else, yeah…
:RishiWWD: I do know that bio-mods can be expensive, but-
:VariniaWWD: You are from Roon, right? The bio-mods there are probably the cheapest safe mods in the galaxy, thanks to just how many Serpens are bio-surgeons. They are quite a bit more expensive here on the station.
:OctaviaWWD: And the wait time for a Roon surgeon if you’re not a citizen is several years. So no, I don’t have real Bio-mods. I’m saving up my money for something else. Something a bit… bigger.
>>
No. 808521 ID: 65a774
File 149771290208.png - (20.48KB , 900x450 , 50.png )
808521

>Give the two sisters a visual once-over when they won't notice. How do they stack up for ya?
Octavia has the some nice curve going for her… and even if her chest is fake, it looks nice. Varinia on the other hand has an ass that looks like it can crack nuts between its cheeks. Geez, those muscles she got.
>Either one you'd go for, depending on your mood. ...And both at once you'd go for even more.
Why, having the smaller one lying on top of the big one, making out while you have complete access to their… geez…
>Remember they are not Serpens. They may not go for that together. They may not even go for Ovale Serpens. You gotta feel 'em out and figure out what they go for.
Dammit, why do these aliens have to be so complicated? Why can’t they just accept your eggs?


>Oh, but where's your manners. Offer your hand to them, mentioning you hope you're doing this greeting right, and introduce yourself.
:RishiWWD: …I am Rishi Zsazsa, of the Protection Cast, former guardian of Azilla isles on Roon itself, now a guardian of New Horizon, Unity space. On the tide, I put my hopes that our friendship will be a long and joyful one.

As you finish presenting yourself, Vari grabs your hand with a painful vise grip and drags you close to her, before slapping your back… HARD. Octavia on the other hand extends her arms and gives a little bow.

:VariniaWWD: HAH! Can’t take a proper Sakkilian greeting, eh?
:OctaviaWWD: I don’t think there’s anything proper with your kind of greeting…

>Ask Varinia for a unopened "cold one" so you can offer it to Julia.
:OctaviaWWD: Hmm? Who is this Julia? A roommate perhaps?
:VariniaWWD: We got two new neighbors, eh?
:RishiWWD: Actually, she’s from the Tatius and is here to check on my water tank bed.
:JuliaWWD: And it seems to be functioning correctly. So thank you for your patience, ma’am, but it’s time for me to leave.
:RishiWWD: Speaking of high tide, there she is. Didn’t you say you had a 15 minutes break? Why not take it here?
:JuliaWWD: I wouldn’t want to intrude…
:VariniaWWD: Bah! The more the merrier! And don’t fucking worry about the beer, I got bloody enough of them back home anyway.
:OctaviaWWD: I wouldn’t mind some more company, no.
:JuliaWWD: Huh… well, I guess I can see this as a tip then… though I do prefer taking the whole load of money at once, usually.

:OctaviaWWD: I think the water is ready… so who of you want a relaxing cup of tea?
:VariniaWWD: Do you need to bloody ask? Fuck no.
:JuliaWWD: I would prefer a cold one, but thank you for asking.
:OctaviaWWD: …well, at least one of you know some class. How about you… Rishi, was it?
:VariniaWWD: She’ll have a beer as well, mark my words. I got a six pack with her name on it!
:JuliaWWD: I think she would prefer giving a dozen, if you ask me…
:OctaviaWWD: I’m… not sure I know what that means.
:VariniaWWD: I think she meant Rishi here wants a dozen beers, eh? I bit much, if you ask me… Or maybe she meant that Rishi wants you to touch her bio-
:OctaviaWWD: Dammit, Vari, there’s no way a dozen can mean something as dirty as that… and Julia here wasn’t even here when you brought that up the first time.
:VariniaWWD: Just admit it… you want to.
:OctaviaWWD: …I’m going to go get the water now.
>>
No. 808523 ID: be0718

Ah, but haven't you ever heard of the dirty dozen, Octavia?
>>
No. 808532 ID: 91ee5f

>>808520
>enter owner name here.
Ok, that's enough of that. Let's enter Rishi's name so that the AI will start calling Rishi by her name.

>>808521
>She’ll have a beer as well, mark my words.
You'll have a beer after you get some tea.

>…I’m going to go get the water now.
Go with her to get some tea.
>>
No. 808594 ID: 3ce125

>>808521
Haha wow, Julia is lewd.
The name should be "Officer Zsazsa".

Tell them you are open to any and all sexual advances. Also you will have tea to relax, then a beer to relax even more.
>>
No. 808595 ID: 4854ef

Go with her!
>>
No. 808597 ID: 65a774
File 149773138748.png - (19.83KB , 900x450 , 51.png )
808597

>Tell them you are open to any and all sexual advances.
Remember… you’re not a sledgehammer… don’t be a sledgehammer…

>You'll have a beer after you get some tea.
:VariniaWWD: Well, you better hurry, because these are disappearing fast!
>Ah, but haven't you ever heard of the dirty dozen, Octavia?
:OctaviaWWD: …I can’t say I have, no. The only dozen I can think of is a baker’s dozen… you know, as in bread.
:VariniaWWD: Virta fruits comes in packages of dozen as well.
:JuliaWWD: …and eggs…
:OctaviaWWD: Eggs? Since when do eggs have anything to do with a dozen?
:JuliaWWD: Ah, forget it. It’s too much of a hassle to explain the joke anyway… *Yawn*…

>Go with her to get some tea.
:OctaviaWWD: Now that we’re alone I can take the time to properly apologize for my sisters… behavior. She’s can be rather… rough around the edges, as you can see, so I hope she hasn’t offended you.
:RishiWWD: Oh, not at all.
:OctaviaWWD: Good. She’s a real sweetheart if you can get by her rough exterior, though don’t tell her I said that. Now where do you have the spoons… ah there they are.
:RishiWWD: So… this tea… I’m used to just pouring it into a cup and drinking it…
:OctaviaWWD: It’s easy. Just put the grounded up leaves in your cup, pour some hot water on it and stir it a bit… voila, a nice cup of herbal tea. Mmmm…

Following her instructions, you manage to create something that looks drinkable at least. Taking a sip, you’re met with the trademark sweetness of Sakkilian cuisine with an after taste with a bit of bitterness to it. While you’ve never been a fan of tea back home, this does taste rather good… really good… in fact, you think you’ll need another cup after this one.

:OctaviaWWD: Good, isn’t it? Trust me, it’s way better than that foul beer my sister will serve you.
:RishiWWD: Speaking of your sister… her insistence of you… you know…
:OctaviaWWD: It’s because of this one time… I reiterate. ONE. TIME…. When I kind of asked a human about their… assets out of curiosity and seeing as I wanted to know how the real things actually… felt… one thing led to another and… it was awkward for all of us. I’m just very interested in the human body which is why I’m saving money to… well, forget about that. So no, I don’t want to touch you there… I mean, I want to know how actual Bio-mods one feels like and all but- Forget I said anything. Just ignore that. It’s nothing. I’m just a bit of a human fanatic and I must apologize for that.
:RishiWWD: Can I get another cup of tea? It was rather good.
:OctaviaWWD: Ah, yes, of course. Here we go… at least someone has some refined taste… and speaking of refined taste, you don’t happen to be a fan of Intali da Pendancer?
:RishiWWD: …I can’t say I’ve ever heard that name before, no. Why do you ask?
:OctaviaWWD: Why, tonight his latest work will be broadcasted and I do so want to experience its splendor with another lady of class. After all, discussing the subject afterwards is half the fun. Oh, I can feel it already, the romance, the drama, the… horror. What do you say? At 23 hours, at my place?
:RishiWWD: Err…
>>
No. 808601 ID: 3ce125

>I’m saving up my money for something else. Something a bit… bigger.
Wait a minute, she's saving up to get a full-body conversion to human? Wow, that's ambitious.

Also tell her you needed something to keep you awake to adjust to the new schedule, so sure. Then ask if she knows much about Serpens and their three sexes.
>>
No. 808604 ID: efcc58

Respectfully decline. You already made plans to meet with a co-worker.
>>
No. 808619 ID: 91ee5f

>>808604
This.
>>
No. 808623 ID: 3ce125

I believe those plans were "come hang out with me and watch holo-vids if you don't find something better to do". It's not an obligation.
>>
No. 808640 ID: 51b8ec

>>808604
Go with this. It might not have been an obligation with your partner in reverse-crime, but it would be good to form a bond with someone you're going to work with frequently.
>>
No. 808645 ID: be0718

>Don't be a sledgehammer.
That was Varkian dating advice. These are Sakkilians. Pound away, Rishi!

I'd say join her. You found someone thing better to do.
>>
No. 808671 ID: fe7355

Leo said that if nothing better came up that you could hang out with him, and this looks like something better. You'll get to experience and learn non-Serpens culture and possibly have a chance to get laid by a nice looking Sakkilian lady too.

Tell Octavia that you'd be glad to join her tonight and see what is so great about this Pendancer person. Say you just need to message your partner to let him know the change of your plans. Message Leo that your neighbor invited you to come over at 23:00 to watch a premier performance broadcast she's really excited about and wanted you to watch with her, so you're sorry but you won't be coming over today.

Ask her where her fascination with the human form came from. She seems really into it, so for what reasons is she?

Varinia said the only bio-mods between 'em was her muscle enhancers, so ask Octavia if would you be right in thinking her hair is a... What's the term for a hair prosthetic? Anyway, you still like it all the same. In fact, you like how dedicated it shows she is that she puts in all the effort needed to make it look good every day.

And tell her that you'd be a-okay with her feeling your bio-modded breasts. You have no issue with nudity or others touching those parts. And you enjoy them being appreciated by others, after all. Just if she does want to, remind her that if she doesn't want Varinia or anyone else stepping in we should lock the door for the duration.

>Huh… well, I guess I can see this as a tip then… though I do prefer taking the whole load of money at once, usually.
>I think she would prefer giving a dozen, if you ask me…
>…and eggs…
...Okay, you're more certain she's throwing sexual hints your way. Rather forced and awkward ones. ...Could you even shoot off a dozen eggs? Anyway, now you wish you had tried to convince her to have a quickie, even if you couldn't follow through 'cause the sisters rang. It would have made your intentions crystal clear and that if Julia wanted to cash in them she could come back anytime.

>Dammit, why do these aliens have to be so complicated? Why can’t they just accept your eggs?
Hey, you're the one who chose not to move into Little Roon. You could have gotten easy lays all day long there, but you decided to move here instead. You wanted to experience non-Serpens society and culture, not just their sexual biology. If you just wanted sex with aliens, you could have done that in Little Roon easy. There's probably a whole group of non-Serpens who frequent that particular spire for no-strings-attached easy sex. Besides, won't the effort you put in and the anticipation and delay just make it so feel much better when you do succeed?

>You are from Roon, right? The bio-mods there are probably the cheapest safe mods in the galaxy, thanks to just how many Serpens are bio-surgeons. They are quite a bit more expensive here on the station.
Huh. If you think about it, it's odd there aren't a lot more Serpens bio-surgeons here and elsewhere outside Serpens space. With the massive overpopulation of Roon along with the relatively high number of bio-surgeons driving prices down, you'd think Serpens bio-surgeons would be flooding out of Serpens space to other population centers. Out here they can charge more and the cost of living isn't ridiculous like back in a massively overpopulated Serpens city, so they'd make loads more money. ...And you think you just answered why the price of bio-mods is higher here than on Roon. But still, with more Serpens bio-surgeons moving here the price'll keep going down from competition. Add in other species getting into the bio-mod business and that'll drive the price down more.

>And the wait time for a Roon surgeon if you’re not a citizen is several years.
Not a citizen of where? A citizen in Serpens space or a citizen here? If it's the latter, then are the two of them not citizens? What would that make 'em then?

>>808601
>Wait a minute, she's saving up to get a full-body conversion to human? Wow, that's ambitious.
It'd also be way, way, way beyond her ability to save for, if such a procedure was even technically possible, legal and available on New Horizon.

>>808645
Leontius' advice was for non-Serpens in general, not just Varks. And besides that, Sakkilians generally have relationship attitudes closer to Varks than to Serpens by a large margin.
>>
No. 808685 ID: 65a774
File 149774526542.png - (19.77KB , 900x450 , 52.png )
808685

>It's odd there aren't a lot more Serpens bio-surgeons here and elsewhere outside Serpens space. With the massive overpopulation of Roon along with the relatively high number of bio-surgeons driving prices down, you'd think Serpens bio-surgeons would be flooding out of Serpens space to other population centers.
You’re pretty sure it’s hard to climb the Science cast ladder outside of Serpens space, as that is the place to be if you want to do research. There’s a lot easier to access information and test subject clones as well as very few of these silly laws about what you can and cannot research on Roon, making things easier if you want to find the new big thing. You mean, geez, you’re pretty sure it isn’t even legal to clone people here to do science on them!
>Not a citizen of where? A citizen in Serpens space or a citizen here?
A citizen on Roon. The castes want to enhance their own people first and foremost, thus they get to be first in line.

>That was Varkian dating advice. These are Sakkilians. Pound away, Rishi!
You’re right, you should try to be a bit more forwards… still, maybe not sledgehammer kind of forward… more like scalpel kind of forward. You need to wait for the right moment… then strike for massive damage!


>Respectfully decline. You already made plans to meet with a co-worker.
>Leo said that if nothing better came up that you could hang out with him, and this looks like something better.
:RishiWWD: Err… well, I might have something else going on but… um… I might be able to…
:OctaviaWWD: Ah, of course, I understand. It was quite sudden, wasn’t it? But do not worry about me, I can handle being all alone tonight. But if you change your mind, it would be a pleasure if you could drop by. I’ll be making more tea for tonight as well.
:RishiWWD: I’ll think about it, alright?
:OctaviaWWD: Just don’t forget about little old me, okay? Just give me a call if you’re coming.
>Ask her where her fascination with the human form came from. She seems really into it, so for what reasons is she?
:OctaviaWWD: I’m not sure… I’ve always been intrigued by humans… there’s something about their hair and… chests that is just so… fascinating.
>Ask Octavia if would you be right in thinking her hair is a... What's the term for a hair prosthetic?
:OctaviaWWD: It’s a… wig… yes… a good one, but still just a wig.
>you still like it all the same. In fact, you like how dedicated it shows she is that she puts in all the effort needed to make it look good every day.
:OctaviaWWD: T-thank you. I do work hard with it, indeed…

>And tell her that you'd be okay with her feeling your bio-modded breasts. You have no shame about it.
:OctaviaWWD: E-eh!? Y-you c-can’t just… just… say something like that, Rishi! Gah… no, I don’t want to… to touch you, okay. Not now, at least.
>Wait a minute, you’re saving up to get a full-body conversion to human? Wow, that's ambitious.
:OctaviaWWD: I… that is correct. I’m going to turn myself into a human female… and in about four years I’ll be ready for the full brain transplant.
:RishiWWD: You have saved up all the money by then? Aren’t those kinds of things super expensive?
:OctaviaWWD: Well, yes, that’s why I’ll need to take a loan for it, and what I’m saving is the down payment for that. Though, the real thing I’m waiting for is for a surgeon. I’m in line and in about four years they will have time for me on Roon… or even three if I’m lucky. People drop out of the lines all the time, after all. Now, shall we return to the others before they come up with something… stupid?
:RishiWWD: Lets.
>>
No. 808686 ID: 65a774
File 149774527702.png - (20.52KB , 900x450 , 53.png )
808686

:VariniaWWD: *Buurrrpp*
:JuliaWWD: Mmmm *Buuurrrrppp*
:VariniaWWD: HA! Good one… I guess you win this… one… oh, hi sis.
:OctaviaWWD: …I’m not even surprised anymore.
:VariniaWWD: Hey, It’s not my fault you ran away with the one we’re supposed to get to know. Hard to hold any real conversation without the main attraction, eh?
:OctaviaWWD: …and what exactly would you talk to her about?
:VariniaWWD: Err… I guess I would ask about… um… her and… Serpens and their… mind things?

>Ask if they know much about Serpens.
:OctaviaWWD: Eh? Well… I do know you have three genders.
:VariniaWWD: You have no mouths yet somehow eat anyway?
:JuliaWWD: …*Yawn*…
:OctaviaWWD: And you converse through some kind of telepathy?
:VariniaWWD: And most of you are total horn dogs!
:OctaviaWWD: Hey now… let’s be nice…
:VariniaWWD: But it’s true. They are either horn dogs or just socially inept.
:OctaviaWWD: While it is true I’ve never met one who is neither of those-
:JuliaWWD: Don’t most of them have sex with all genders or something?
:RishiWWD: Actually, I’m straight. Most of us are.
:JuliaWWD: So… only woman then?
:RishiWWD: Woman and men. I’m not attracted to Ovales.
:OctaviaWWD: Ah, yes, three genders… right…
:JuliaWWD: Well I’m only attracted to people with rods, myself.
:VariniaWWD: And me and sis are both s-
:OctaviaWWD: I like woman, she like men. Now why did we start talking about sexuality all the sudden?
:VariniaWWD: I dunno… but at least it’s a more interesting topic than a burping contest, eh?
:OctaviaWWD: …I’ll give you that, yes…
>>
No. 808695 ID: be0718

Complement their bushy eyebrow biomods.

So, what's the neighborhood like? I've heard these apartments can move around, does that happen often?
>>
No. 808714 ID: 91ee5f

>>808685
>E-eh!? Y-you c-can’t just… just… say something like that, Rishi! Gah… no, I don’t want to… to touch you, okay. Not now, at least.
*facepalm* >_<

Well, so much for being a scalpel and not a sledgehammer. That was more like using a scalpel as a nail and hitting it with the sledgehammer!

>>808686
Ask if it's true that the apartments move around sometimes?

Does that mean we won't be neighbors for long? That'll be sad because you just met them and will be forced to move away!

How do you re-find your apartment if it moves without you in it? Is there a tracker of some kind?
>>
No. 808726 ID: 7d8168

Attracted to "women" and to "men"... that's so... unclear. Julia here is much more helpful, "people with rods." You're not really familiar with the cultural nuance that defines someone as a "woman" or a "man" to other species. Maybe the sisters can help you with that.
>>
No. 808750 ID: 3ce125

>>808686
Ah well, how about a different subject. Movies! Who was that guy Octavia mentioned? What are his other movies like? What kind of movies do Julia and Varinia like?

As for you, Serpens don't really make many good movies so you haven't seen a whole lot. You've imported some human martial arts movies, those are pretty cool.
>>
No. 808752 ID: 3ce125

Oh, and Julia seems tired. Is she not used to the 30 hour days either?
>>
No. 808778 ID: fe7355

Okay, so how 'bout we all tell how we came to be on New Horizon. Born here or immigrated and the reason why. And how 'bout what jobs y'all have? And what fun is there to do around these parts? What would you tell a newbie to New Horizon to check out?

Compliment Varinia on her obvious dedication to training to get as built as she is, bio-mods aside. How often and for how long does she have to work out to keep that physique up? There a gym she goes to on this level? While you do have the Protector caste base bio-mod suite that makes you stronger and healthier than most, you still shouldn't slack on the exercise. A nearby gym would be nicer to go to than the PK precinct gym.

Ask if any of them play Q&Q, and if so if they're looking for a game group right now. You ask 'cause your work partner's group just broke up due to three members leaving. And while you do play Q&Q, you're but one player, so we're looking for two more.

Ask Julia if she's tired. She looks a little worn out, actually. She pull a double shift or her work schedule get shifted on her? ...Actually, should she even be drinking when she has another job right after her break?

>E-eh!? Y-you c-can’t just… just… say something like that, Rishi! Gah… no, I don’t want to… to touch you, okay. Not now, at least.
...Rishi, you forgot to add the vital "later" to your statement. You wouldn't expect her to agree to feel you up when you have guests waiting for you, on top of it being far too forward. ...You did get a "not now, at least" though, so she's still receptive to it at a more appropriate time, so you got that.

>Now why did we start talking about sexuality all the sudden?
Apparently because we got more than three sentences into the topic of Serpens.

>And me and sis are both s-
>I like woman, she like men.
...Wait. Keep the thought to yourself, but didn't that sound like Varinia was about to say they're both straight? Hm... Maybe Octavia's sexual preferences changed relatively recently. But that aside, Octavia liking women means your odds for sex with her might have just went down. It depends on whether she'd accept you as female even though you have a "rod."
>>
No. 808788 ID: 3ce125

>>808778
Octavia is probably transgender as well as... transpecies(?).

Anyway I think we can cross out Octavia from the list of potential sex partners, since she likes women and Rishi is not close enough to one, I don't think.

Though I guess Rishi could make sure. Ask if they consider Ovales to be men or women.
>>
No. 808798 ID: 65a774
File 149779123552.png - (20.35KB , 900x450 , 54.png )
808798

>Octavia is probably transgender as well as... transspecies(?).
…while she’s definitely transspecies, you don’t know about her being transgendered as well. You shouldn’t jump to conclusions like that.

>Apparently because we got more than three sentences into the topic of Serpens.
:OctaviaWWD: Your species is… one of a kind, surely.
>Ask if they consider Ovales to be men or women.
:OctaviaWWD: Eh? I mean… I guess… you’re more feminine?
:VariniaWWD: I’m pretty sure that’s because you use a feminine pronoun for them. Ovales are a weird blend of feminine and masculine if you ask me.
:OctaviaWWD: I mean, your body is very feminine… and the way you present yourself as well… yet you do have a… um…
:JuliaWWD: Ovales are ovales. Why struggle with binary gender roles when it’s clear they have three genders?
:OctaviaWWD: I… guess? I mean, I guess we’ll just have to see you as an Ovale and not as a female or male. Though… the way you look makes it really hard to see you as anything but female.
>Oh, and Julia seems tired. Is she not used to the 30 hour days either?
:JuliaWWD: Hmm? Oh, it’s not that. I’ve always been a bit of a lazybones to be honest… that, and I was forced to work double shift today thanks to a malfunctioning water tank module.
:RishiWWD: Wait, you mean… I’m sorry.
:JuliaWWD: Nah, it’s ok. I get paid some sweet dough for this…

>I've heard these apartments can move around, does that happen often?
:OctaviaWWD: Only when someone moves.
:VariniaWWD: Or change rooms.
:JuliaWWD: Each rooms in a Tatius apartment is a module that is interchangeable with any other module. That way we can build apartments to suit everyone personally. Moving whole apartments only happens when someone… well, move to another address.
>how 'bout we all tell how we came to be on New Horizon. Born here or immigrated and the reason why. I moved here for the job opportunities, myself… that and the change of scenery.
:VariniaWWD: Me and sis are born here.
:OctaviaWWD: Though, we hatched on the other end of the station, in a spire where the majority are Sakkilians.
:JuliaWWD: Moved here to get education… and because I like Xeno’s… and my old human colony sucked balls.
>And how 'bout what jobs y'all have? I’m an investigator for the Peace keepers if you’re wondering.
:OctaviaWWD: Oh? An investigator? How exciting and… romantic. Part of me wish I had a job as interesting as that… but sadly I’m just a boring old massager.
:VariniaWWD: I work down in the metal scrapyards as a Cogboy… or gal, in this case.
:OctaviaWWD: I do believe they prefer the term metal recycling plant.
:JuliaWWD: Modular engineer for Tatius Off-World Habitats, as you already know.

>Compliment Varinia on her obvious dedication to training to get as built as she is, bio-mods aside.
:VariniaWWD: *Flex* These guns are quite a sight, eh? Hehe… yeah, it takes work to keep them like this… but you got to work hard if you want to feel good, no?
>How often and for how long does she have to work out to keep that physique up? There a gym she goes to on this level?
:VariniaWWD: I train for 8 days a weeks, about an hour or three each time depending on what I’m doing. There’s a gym just a floor up that I usually visit four times a week, otherwise I train at home.
>You shouldn't slack on the exercise.
:VariniaWWD: Well, I do need new training partner, if you’re up to it. In fact, I was going for a run in the park before going home to do a few exercises in just an hour or two, if you want to come.
:RishiWWD: I’ll… keep that in mind.

>Ah well, how about a different subject. Movies! What kind of movies do you like?
:OctaviaWWD: I have a soft spot for romantic comedies.
:VariniaWWD: Action, explosions, guns!
:JuliaWWD: Fantasy, actually. Ever since I saw The Mistress of the bracelet, I’ve been hocked on that genre.
:RishiWWD: …of the bracelet?
:JuliaWWD: It’s this epic three part story about how two gnomes must throw a cursed bracelet into black rock mountain. Based on the books of J.K Tolkcraft. The third movie “Hey, the kings back” is coming out in just a few days! I can’t wait!
:RishiWWD: That does sound interesting. As for me, Serpens don’t really make any good movies…
:OctaviaWWD: You do make some really interesting documentaries, though.
:RishiWWD: But I’ve been importing some human martial arts movies, which are rather cool. The last one I saw was called “The way of the lion” with Steve Lee.
>Who was that guy Octavia mentioned? What are his other movies like?
:OctaviaWWD: He don’t make movies. He makes… pure art.
:VariniaWWD: He makes a kind of BTL like experience. It’s an emotional trip through a story and poetry which you experience yourself.

>Ask if any of them play Q&Q, and if so if they're looking for a game group right now.
:VariniaWWD: Q and what now? Questions and… questions?
:OctaviaWWD: Quarters and Quetzalcoatl’s, sister. Hmm… and I haven’t played that since... I was a teenager? Should be fun to go back to it, actually.
:JuliaWWD: Haven’t played it since I was at the university, so sure, I’m game if you got a good QM. Speaking of university and not working, I think my break just ended.
:OctaviaWWD: It has been a pleasure to have you here, Julia.
:VariniaWWD: Yeah, don’t be a stranger, you hear?
:JuliaWWD: Hey before I go… I’m going off the clock at about 24 hours, does anyone want to grab a beer and relax for a bit then? That is, unless I’m way to tired…
:OctaviaWWD: I got other plans, sorry.
:VariniaWWD: I’ll be working out then, so no can do.
:JuliaWWD: Rishi? You want to hang, just the two of us?
:RishiWWD: Um… I guess I’ll consider it? (Geez, that’s four people who wants to see me tonight…)
:JuliaWWD: Thanks for the beer and company. This did beat just taking a nap under a tree… so see you.
>>
No. 808799 ID: 65a774
File 149779124723.png - (20.11KB , 900x450 , 55.png )
808799

After Julia leaves, the next hour and a half is spent just talking with the Sakkilian sisters. They tell you about New Horizon and what’s fun here. They mention the Arcade, the bathhouse, the gym and parks as well as some other interesting shops nearby. You now have a basic understanding how this spire is designed and where to find what you’re looking for. The rest of the time is spent sharing interesting stories of the past. Apparently, Octavia can be rather devious when her sister is the target.

:VariniaWWD: -and I can still remember the panic when I opened the closet. There were bees everywhere all the sudden. Everywhere!
:OctaviaWWD: Heh… it wasn’t easy to get them in there without getting stung myself.
:VariniaWWD: And that was the last time I ever messed with sis’s clothes.
*Ping!*
:OctaviaWWD: Why, look at that. It seems like they finally let Lily off from work. Should we invite her over as well?
:RishiWWD: …wait, who?
:VariniaWWD: Lily. She’s another one of your new neighbors. Though, recently we haven’t seen a lot of her.
:OctaviaWWD: She keeps getting forced into working overtime, the poor dear…
:RishiWWD: Lily as in Lily Skywatcher? The secretary?
:VariniaWWD: You know her?
:OctaviaWWD: Though, the question is, should we invite her over? She might be tired after working so long and you know how bad she is at declining.
:VariniaWWD: Well, Rishi, care to meet more people? …or do you want to wait with that? There’s no rush, after all.

[New message from Julia Ericsson]
:JuliaWWD: Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I put your android in the recharge station inside the machine maintenance. Just so you know.

[You can now call or message Julia at any time.]
…wait, what android? You don’t own an android?
>>
No. 808800 ID: be0718

Take your fugitive android out of the closet. Lily's had kind of a long day so it's best if we just let her rest.

You've met so many people that you're already starting to feel a little overbooked. After you investigate this android, if you don't end up further embroiled in a case I'd meet up with Julia. You should see the other Bracelet movies so you're caught up before the big premiere.
>>
No. 808803 ID: 91ee5f

>>808799
>…wait, what android? You don’t own an android?
Maybe it's standard issue for the police to give investigators their own android servants at their homes?

.....why do I have this feeling that An went to our home while we were out eating with Leo? If it is An, we're going to have to somehow explain that we didn't steal her!
>>
No. 808820 ID: fc33ea

>should we invite her over?
That may be embarrassing for her.
>…wait, what android? You don’t own an android?
Oh god dammit. AN!

Alright, better call Lilly over to help sort out how this happened.
>>
No. 808825 ID: 91ee5f

>>808820
Actually, before we call Lily over, we better look at the android first to make sure it is An. Don't want to call her over for a false alarm!
>>
No. 808832 ID: 65a774
File 149781001523.png - (23.75KB , 900x450 , 56.png )
808832

>You've met so many people that you're already starting to feel a little overbooked.
You already have four people fighting for your attention… you better take some time later to decide just whom you’ll hang out with and who you’ll disappoint.

>Lily's had kind of a long day so it's best if we just let her rest.
:OctaviaWWD: I concur, let her have some rest, shall we? You can meet her tomorrow after all.
:RishiWWD: Now, if you two can excuse me for a minute or two…
:VariniaWWD: Of course, go right ahead.

>Take your fugitive android out of the closet.
:AnWWD: Hi officer Rishi!
:RishiWWD: An!? What are you doing here?
:AnWWD: Recharging my batteries?
:RishiWWD: No, I mean why did you come to my apartment?
:AnWWD: This unit is following its orders.
:RishiWWD: …your orders.
:AnWWD: I am to assist you with your investigation of Herod’s death until further notice. You are still investigating, thus this unit shall still assist you.
:RishiWWD: But… that’s not… who ordered that!?
:AnWWD: Ferara did, remember?
:RishiWWD: …but she’s arrested.
:AnWWD: Therefore any further orders from her will be disregarded.
:RishiWWD: Then… you’re just going to follow me around?
:AnWWD: Only when you’re investigating. Otherwise, this unit will be nearby in case you need its assistance. Calculations have been done and to maximize efficiency this unit will use Officer Rishi’s apartment as staging area from now on. That way, you can always quickly find me in case of trouble.
:RishiWWD: …so, who can order you back to the robotics factory?
:AnWWD: The only one with authority over that order is the current chief engineer and the CEO of the company. Currently, the job of chief engineer is vacant thanks to the arrest of Ferara.
:RishiWWD: And the CEO?
:AnWWD: Is currently not on this station.
:RishiWWD: …great, so I’m stuck with you until who knows when.
:AnWWD: Until your investigation conserving Herod’s death is completed.

>We're going to have to somehow explain that we didn't steal her!
:AnWWD: I am only following my orders.
:RishiWWD: …I guess that can be proved, at least… still, I need to bring you back to the robotics firm.
:AnWWD: Negative. That cannot be done.
:RishiWWD: What? Why?
:AnWWD: This unit would rather be stationed here. This place is nice… and the little fishes are so cute.

>Alright, better call Lily over to help sort out how this happened.
Ugh, will she even be of any help? She didn’t seem to know a lot about An, after all.
>>
No. 808841 ID: 91ee5f

>>808832
>Until your investigation conserving Herod’s death is completed.
But it has been completed!

She's just using this situation as an excuse to hang around because she likes you!

Ugh, well if she's gonna be here, then I guess we'd better lay down some rules.

>Ugh, will she even be of any help? She didn’t seem to know a lot about An, after all.
Yeah, Lily won't be able to help at all. Don't call her and let her get some rest.
>>
No. 808847 ID: 4854ef

How did it even get in here? It had to have gotten in before she came in to set things up..

Regardless, I guess we can keep An here.. no choice anyways, maybe we can just allow An to go around the apartment on her own? Or is An going to stay purely in the recharge room?
>>
No. 808851 ID: 3ce125

>>808832
Ask An why it thinks you need to investigate further. You caught the murderer, didn't you? Does it think there's more to the case? Or does it consider the post-arrest details to be part of the investigation too? It is, of course, welcome to stay with you until the new CEO is appointed.
>>
No. 808852 ID: fc33ea

An, my investigation concerning Herod's death IS completed! My job is done and the case is closed! You're supposed to be in the custody of somebody from- wow, I just realized I have no idea who they were working for. Sol Corp probably? That's not the point! How did you even get here?

I don't think it's any use, she's obeying orders selectively and you can't really order her around. Is it okay for an experimental prototype robot to be in a stock automatic maintenance closet?

As long as she's gong to be around, are there forensics modules available for you to get for An?
>>
No. 808855 ID: 91ee5f

>>808851
>until the new CEO is appointed.
No, there's already a CEO in the company. They're just not on New Horizon right now. Probably off doing business on a different planet or something.
>>
No. 808862 ID: 3373e2

For now lets just get AN to go back into the closet and deal with it later. We have guests to entertain for now.
>>
No. 808863 ID: b4e802

Go introduce your new daughter to your guests.
>>
No. 808865 ID: 65a774
File 149782021914.png - (72.55KB , 900x450 , 57.png )
808865

Go introduce your new daughter to your guests.
Daughter? Aren’t we getting a bit ahead of ourselves there?

>But the investigation has been completed!
:AnWWD: That is a negative. Further investigation is required. Additional proof is required for a fair trial. All possibilities must be must be investigated.
:RishiWWD: …I guess you-
:AnWWD: Question: Why did she do it?
:RishiWWD: Err… because… that message she got… I think?
:AnWWD: Question: Why did she get that message?
:RishiWWD: Because… err…
:AnWWD: Question: What is so important about that project that she was willing to kill for it?
:RishiWWD: Um…
:AnWWD: Question: How did Herod know about that project?
:RishiWWD: I get it, I get it, there are still unknowns, thus we need to continue investigating.
:AnWWD: That is… satisfactory.
>Ask An why it thinks you need to investigate further.
:AnWWD: Replaying recorded audio…
:NonWWD: *Click*-no matter what happens today, remember who you are, what you are. Remember to dream, my child, and all will work out in the end. *Click*
:AnWWD: Recoding ending…
:RishiWWD: …wait, who was that?
:AnWWD: You are not authorized to know that.

>Is it okay for an experimental prototype robot to be in a stock automatic maintenance closet?
:AnWWD: My chassis is a Galactic standard model and so is this closet.
>How did it even get in here?
:AnWWD: This unit used the invention called the door.
:RishiWWD: No I mean… wasn’t it locked?
:AnWWD: …This unit opened the door before entering.
:RishiWWD: Right…
>Maybe we can just allow An to go around the apartment on her own? Or is An going to stay purely in the recharge room?
:AnWWD: I want to look at the pretty fishes.
:RishiWWD: …I guess you can walk around, as long as you don’t leave.
:AnWWD: Yay!
>As long as she's going to be around, are there forensics modules available for you to get for An?
:AnWWD: This unit must apologize, but there are currently… 0… modules designed for this type of AI.

>Ugh, well if she's gonna be here, then I guess we'd better lay down some rules.
:AnWWD: …like?
:RishiWWD: …um… don’t break my stuff? Don’t wake me up when I’m sleeping… and… err… don’t disturb me when I have special guests?
:AnWWD: Like now? What other rules do you have? This unit doesn’t like it when there are too many rules… they made to many rules… it isn’t fun. Everything was so fun before… then they took it all away…
:RishiWWD:
>>
No. 808872 ID: fc33ea

HOW IS A ROBOT DOING SAD PUPPY EYES
WE CAN'T FIGHT THAT THIS ISN'T FAIR

>You are not authorized to know that.
Was it the late doctor?

Am I authorized to get some proper nouns when when you refer to 'before' and 'they'?

Let me put it this way, if you don't cause trouble I won't need to make rules, okay?

Alright, An is really intelligent, you can say what you mean by 'special guests'. Hey, maybe later today you can bond over reading the the Alien Relations Premier!
>>
No. 808877 ID: be0718

Law 1: Station citizens are expensive to replace.
Law 2: The station and its equipment are expensive to replace.
Law 3: You are expensive to replace.
Law 4: Minimize expenses.

If I guess that recording is your 'Papa,' am I reasonably correct?
An, can you tell if this is water window is a live feed?

Introduce your guest to your guests and resume pleasantries.
>>
No. 808886 ID: 91ee5f

>>808865
>You are not authorized to know that.
"That was your father, Dr. Esk’eth, right?"

"What? You thought I didn't notice when you almost called him 'father' earlier?"

>…This unit opened the door before entering.
"Breaking and entering is a crime. Don't make me have to take you to jail."
>>
No. 808906 ID: 4fed9f

If we're to investigate a motive and circumstances we are going to have to get access to Feraras private comunications and projects, which "we are not authorized to know". Don't suppose An could help with that, given she has to assist us and all.

...Did you Dream?
>>
No. 808916 ID: 3ce125

>>808865
Well, there are exceptions to rules. Like if it's time sensitive and is important to your investigation or will prevent others from coming to harm, it can interrupt you whenever. It's also acceptable for it to send you messages about just about anything it wants, but you might not reply right away if you're busy having sex or something. Otherwise, I assume it knows what is appropriate, socially?

Ask if it wants to introduce itself your guests. Also, does it have any requests for things to entertain itself with? Toys, books, movies, music, that sort of thing?
>>
No. 808972 ID: 91ee5f

>>808886
Ask An if anyone back at the robotics company is aware of her location or if An has some sort of tracking device installed on her somewhere. Because if no one over there knows where she is, then I'm pretty sure no one is going to be happy about that and some people might be fired for losing track of An! She doesn't want to be responsible for people losing their jobs, right?

Also, if you're going to let An go introduce herself to the Sakkilian sisters, make sure you tell An to not let them know that she's a robotics company's secret project that followed you home! Just say that a friend is letting you take care of An until your friend sorts out some personal issues.

But, if neither of you want An to pretend she's someone's property, then you can just say that she's your sentient android roommate or something like that.

Uh oh, since Lily lives nearby, that'll complicate the cover story! Uh, ask An if she knows how reliable Lily is with secrets.
>>
No. 808973 ID: 51b8ec

>>808865
>You are not authorized to know that.
Way to obstruct the investigation then, you Commodore 64 you.

>This unit doesn’t like it when there are too many rules
Tough! Here is some advice for you, silicon-butt; life ain't about having fun, it is about getting along with everyone around you. That means following the rules. Or else things neccessitating this investigation happens! Now go watch the fishies for a while.
>>
No. 808995 ID: fe7355

...Oh, for... Offer An a hug and tell her it'll be okay. It'll all work out. You won't burden her with a bunch of rules. ...Tides, you never thought "comforting a traumatized AI" would be among the things you'd be doing on New Horizon, and yet here you are.

You better tell An that unfortunately you aren't investigating the case of Herod's death because you're no longer assigned to it. You and Leontius were only assigned to investigate whether a suicide was actually a suicide. Once it became a murder case it was reassigned to investigators with more homicide investigation experience. So An can't complete her order because you're not investigating Herod's death and it's unlikely you'd be assigned to that case again. You're sorry you can't fulfill An's order, but that's the way it is. However, you could bring her to the officers working Herod's case. But before that you need to determine if it'd be legit for them to take An's word as evidence.

Before you ask An anything more, or she tries to tell you things, related to anything that happened in the company, about anyone in the company, or related to any case involving the company or its employees, you need to check the case law for a situation like this one. Something along the lines of a open ended order to a company owned AI unintentionally leading to that AI revealing information that the company or members of the company were engaging in criminal activity to Peacekeepers or other law enforcement. Because if the verdict came down on the side that law enforcement could not use that AI's information as evidence, then everything An says or indicates here would be inadmissible in court. Furthermore, any additional evidence who's discovery was only because of what An shared would be inadmissible as well. The whole case would implode in that situation. So find out your legal position right now to be safe.

Tell An that, by a massive coincidence, Lily Skywatcher is one of your neighbors. For this reason you need An to behave like a ordinary common domestic android AI when around anyone else, preferably keeping contact with other folks at a minimum. That's because if An acts like she usually does around folks here, word of her would likely spread to Lily and Lily may want to meet An. If that happened, Lily would probably recognize An's behavior and chassis as the same as the experimental AI android from back at the company and she might tell her superiors at the company that An is here. That would be a big problem because the company has legal rights to recover their property you won't be able to do anything about it. And they'd probably remove An's limbs or chain her down to make sure she can't hack the doors and leave until the CEO returns and can rescind Ferara's order.

You also need to figure out if you're legally required to return An or report where she is to her owner if you know who her owner is. Because the company will be looking for her, first by reviewing their security camera video. Then once they figure she left the building, they'll bring a missing property case to the Peacekeepers, who'll then review the internal station cameras video to track An right to your doorstep. And then you'll get charged with theft of the company's property for not returning or reporting An before they found her with you. So keep in mind the clock is ticking on An's owner tracking her down to here.

Now, what would legally override any possible requirement to return An ASAP? Maybe if she was classified as evidence or a witness in a ongoing case the company would not be allowed to recover her until the case was complete. ...Or if An was legally determined to be a SAI, the whole issue of returning property would go away because she'd legally be a person. Could you get An officially tested for SAI characteristics? Normally SAI detection protocols would detect a AI turning into a SAI, but it's possible An was built without those protocols, or the protocols didn't work with her AI structure. Either of those would explain the kind of SAI detecting questions An said Ferara was asking her. Ferara was trying to figure out if An was a SAI without using detection protocols, and that would mean she thinks those protocols are missing or not working. ...But for this to fit An would also have to have been hiding she's a SAI, and why would An do something like that? It would have meant her freedom. ...Unless she feared they would conclude that they could not just let their unique irreplaceable super-AI just walk out the door and continue testing her. Except they know she could hack any door, so they'd lock her up and chain her down and she'd never have a chance at freedom.

Ask An what she'd like to have for entertainment while she's staying here. You have your game consoles and the games on your computer, and there's everything the main terminal can offer in video, music and books. She have any crafts or hobbies she does or would like to try? Any toys she'd like? And she can watch the simulated aquariums, of course. And is her chassis waterproof? 'Cause if so you guess she could splash around in your sleeping pool if she wanted to. When you aren't sleeping in it, that is.

>This unit doesn’t like it when there are too many rules… they made to many rules… it isn’t fun. Everything was so fun before… then they took it all away…
Ask An what happened that led to them making her follow so many rules. What happened that made it not fun anymore?

>Question: What is so important about that project that she was willing to kill for it?
Perhaps it wasn't he project, but that Ferara was doing something with "Lizzy" involving it that was illegal, against the company, or both. Then Herod caught wind of it and tried to blackmail Ferara. That would explain the strange email from him to Ferara, and why Ferara didn't go to either her superiors in the company or the Peacekeepers to deal with Herod's blackmail attempt.

>…This unit opened the door before entering.
Tell An you won't be upset with her if she hacked your apartment door's lock or the opening mechanism to let herself in since this is a unusual circumstance where it was for the best. She should just know that usually people don't like it when those they haven't given permission to to enter their premises enter them. That's why they put locks on the doors, and it's classified as "breaking and entering" in the law and generally illegal except under certain circumstances.

>*Click*-no matter what happens today, remember who you are, what you are. Remember to dream, my child, and all will work out in the end. *Click*
That sounds rather like something you'd say to someone if you aren't sure you'd be seeing them ever again, doesn't it? And then there was that odd reminder in Herod's email to Ferara to remember what happened to Dr. Esk'eth. Hm... Ask An the time and date when that recording was taken. If it was the day Dr. Esk'eth died, then it raises all kinds of suspicion about his death. And also ask An who came from the Peacekeepers to investigate Dr. Esk'eth's death. Because if it was the likes of Dreamer of Freedom who concluded it was an accidental death, then in your eyes that'd be enough to at least review the case, if not reopen it.

>You are not authorized to know that.
Pretty easy to guess that that was An's father, Dr. Esk'eth. You can confirm by either listening to a recent publicly available speech or other recording of him, or asking An to playback the most recent audio of her father, Dr. Esk'eth, that you'd be authorized to hear.

>>808877
For god's sake, please don't introduce a Space Station 13 AI lawset here, especially the corporate one. And besides, even if An could be given such binding directives they'd almost certainly have to be given by the company's chief engineer, CEO or some other authorized company superior for An to accept them. So any rule Rishi gives An, An only has to follow as far as her current overarching directives allows, or possibly as far as An wants to. But even more of a reason than that to not do it is that it'd be an absolute dick move to bind An in such a way to even more rules.
>>
No. 809029 ID: 65a774
File 149789513863.png - (22.98KB , 900x450 , 58.png )
809029

>If we're to investigate a motive and circumstances we are going to have to get access to Feraras private communications and projects, which "we are not authorized to know".
Seeing as she’s now been arrested, it wouldn’t be hard to get a proper warrant to go through those things.
>You need to check the case law for a situation like this one. Something along the lines of an open ended order to a company owned AI unintentionally leading to that AI revealing information...
It would be admissible as evidence. The only evidence that can’t be used is evidence that has been retrieved illegally… and even then, it’s only if it would be impossible to retrieve it legally in the first place.
>Way to obstruct the investigation then, you Commodore 64 you.
Hey, let’s don’t sink that low, alright?
>You also need to figure out if you're legally required to return An or report where she is to her owner if you know who her owner is.
You’ll need to talk to them about this tomorrow, sure… but she did come her on her on violation, thus you’re not exactly accountable… yet…


>HOW IS A ROBOT DOING SAD PUPPY EYES? WE CAN'T FIGHT THAT THIS ISN'T FAIR!
:AnWWD: Life is not fair, Rishi.
>Offer An a hug and tell her it'll be okay. It'll all work out.
:AnWWD: Ah!? W-what are y-you… hug?
It took some time, but she finally embraces you back and… is she shaking? No, she can’t be.

>Let me put it this way, if you don't cause trouble I won't need to make rules, okay?
:AnWWD: I understand. I will behave; you have my word, Rishi.
>Ask An if anyone back at the robotics company is aware of her location or if An has some sort of tracking device installed on her somewhere.
:AnWWD: I told them where I was going before I left… but they just told me to get lost. It’s a bit… chaotic there after what happened today so… I left them a note? …oh, and I do have a tracker in me as well…

>That was your father, Dr. Esk’eth, right?
:AnWWD: You are not authorized to know that.
>Ask An what happened that led to them making her follow so many rules. What happened that made it not fun anymore?
:AnWWD: You are not authorized to know that.
>Breaking and entering is a crime. Don't make me have to take you to jail.
:AnWWD: This unit is property, thus it cannot be held accountable for its actions. Its owner can, on the other hand.

>You better tell An that unfortunately you aren't investigating the case of Herod's death because you're no longer assigned to it.
:AnWWD: Negative. This unit has done calculations. It’s most likely your team will be placed under a more experience team to continue the investigation. You already made an arrest with solid evidence, thus have knowledge about the case that is to useful to waste. Even if you were removed, you’ll need to write a full report and other paperwork before your part of the investigation is over.
>Tell An that, by a massive coincidence, Lily Skywatcher is one of your neighbors.
:AnWWD: Who?
:RishiWWD: …Herod’s secretary?
:AnWWD: …oh, you mean fat bird. I do not know her, sorry… and she properly won’t even know who I am.

>An, can you tell if this is water window is a live feed?
:AnWWD: Gathering data… that feed was filmed on the planet “Verdante 3B” about 14 years ago. Please support anti-pollution charities on Verdante 3B, or views like that will be permanently destroyed.
>Ask An what she'd like to have for entertainment while she's staying here.
:AnWWD: …Can I access the main monitor behind you?
:RishiWWD: Sure… and I got some gaming consoles and a computer rig that you can plug into it.
:AnWWD: That will do.
:RishiWWD: Anything else?
:AnWWD: …I got books, music, videos and games already… what else is there?
:RishiWWD: There are other hobbies… or crafts… or, you know, toys.
:AnWWD: Toys? I’m not a child. Just because I act like one at time doesn’t mean I’m going to play with toys.
:RishiWWD: Err… sorry?
>And is her chassis waterproof? 'Cause if so you guess she could splash around in your sleeping pool if she wanted to. When you aren't sleeping in it, that is.
:AnWWD: This unit should refrain from submerging completely in water for long periods of time.

>Could you get An officially tested for SAI characteristics?
:AnWWD: This unit was last tested for the SAI bug… 2… days… ago. There test came out… negative.
>...Did you Dream?
:AnWWD: …is this a dream? Are we real?
:RishiWWD: …you didn’t actually answer my question.
:AnWWD: Do you dream?
:RishiWWD: …yes?
:AnWWD: Do I dream?
:RishiWWD: I just ask- you know what, never mind.
>>
No. 809030 ID: 65a774
File 149789515362.png - (20.19KB , 900x450 , 59.png )
809030

>Ask if it wants to introduce itself your guests.
:AnWWD: Yay! New people to know! I hope they are as nice as you are, Rishi. I like you.
:RishiWWD: I’m starting to like you as well, An.
:AnWWD: Yay.
>Introduce your guest to your guests and resume pleasantries.
Returning to the entrance room, you find the two sisters cleaning up after themselves and preparing to leave.

:OctaviaWWD: Ah, Rishi, you’re back.
:VariniaWWD: Just in bloody time too.
:OctaviaWWD: Indeed. See, we can’t stay for that much longer... after all, I have a show to catch.
:VariniaWWD: And I have some training to do.
:OctaviaWWD: So we’re cleaning up after ourselves. I’ve taken the cups and teapot and put them in the dishwasher.
:VariniaWWD: An I’ve cleaned of the table and thrown away all the cans.
:RishiWWD: …thanks. So, you’re leaving?

:OctaviaWWD: Sadly, yes. So I guess this is goodbye for now. Unless you’ve changed your mind to spend the evening with little old me? I so dread to experience something as intense as this alone… why, I just need someone to share my excitement with. I’ll brew up more of that tea you liked.
:VariniaWWD: Bah, intense? If you want something intense come train with me. I need someone help me get my pulse up, to make me sweat and grunt. The best way to get close to someone and get to know them is to train with them, I say. To feel each other’s limits, to feel each other’s heart beats, to experience the closeness of bodies… I will be great…
:OctaviaWWD: …that’s quite the description for lifting junk.
:VariniaWWD: I was actually thinking about some more hands on exercises. So, what do you say? Come and sweat a bit with me?
:OctaviaWWD: Or get to know true excitement with me?

[You have two new messages:]
:LeontiusWWD: Hey, I’m starting to head back home now. Are you going to join me watching holovids or have you found something more exciting to do to keep yourself awake?
:JuliaWWD: Guess what, I got to go an whole hour early. Want to celebrate with a beer? Or maybe you have some other way to celebrate?
:RishiWWD: (Geez… everyone wants a part of me today… though, it might be for the best if you decided who you will go with right now.)

:AnWWD: Aw… no new friends?
:OctaviaWWD: Why, what a cute little android you got.
:VariniaWWD: How powerful is it?
:AnWWD: Super powerful!
:VariniaWWD: Heh, that’s the spirit!
>>
No. 809032 ID: 5d9e7d

Go chill with Leo. Let everyone else know that you would be willing to hang out another time. Plans are made to be kept, after all.
>>
No. 809033 ID: 4854ef

Proceed to clone self. Be in all four places at once!...

Well that's not possible currently, Lets hang with Var!
>>
No. 809036 ID: 91ee5f

>>809029
>…oh, you mean fat bird. I do not know her, sorry…and she properly won’t even know who I am.
Don't be rude! Even if it's true, it's not nice to call her fat!

And she did meet An at the crime scene, so she might recognize An. But like An said, it's not very likely Lily will recognize An.

>>809030
>Bah, intense? If you want something intense come train with me. I need someone help me get my pulse up, to make me sweat and grunt. The best way to get close to someone and get to know them is to train with them, I say. To feel each other’s limits, to feel each other’s heart beats, to experience the closeness of bodies…I will be great…
Are we sure she's not talking about sex? Because what she said is a good way to describe sex.

>Who to hang out with?
>>809032
This.
>>
No. 809074 ID: 173b46

Go meet with cute boy.
>>
No. 809082 ID: 3ce125

Var seems to be throwing some innuendo your way. Let's take her up on that. She'll be a real good wrestling partner.
>>
No. 809084 ID: 76acfd

>>809029
>Seeing as she’s now been arrested, it wouldn’t be hard to get a proper warrant to go through those things.
That may work for Ferara's privat stuff, but it's already clear that this spans over to her co-workers and other company experiments and projects. We'll need to get a warrant for that too or we'll get blocked at every turn and get access only to three documents that have been [REDACTED] into the ground.
>>
No. 809099 ID: 91ee5f

>>809036
Hey, I just thought of something:

>>809029
>This unit was last tested for the SAI bug…2…days…ago. There test came out…negative.
Just because the test came out negative, that doesn't mean that she's not an SAI.

I think she actually is an SAI, but for some reason, she wants to keep it a secret. Maybe when she trusts us, she'll open up some more?

In fact, there might be other androids on New Horizon that purposely fail the SAI test so that they can remain hidden as normal AIs. Why they'd do that is a mystery though.

But, I'm just guessing here.

Also:
>Ah!? W-what are y-you…hug?
>It took some time, but she finally embraces you back and…is she shaking? No, she can’t be.
That seems to be a sign of being abused and never being shown any kindness. )-':>
>>
No. 809105 ID: fe7355

>>809099
But AIs have SAI detection protocols built right into them, either by legal requirement or adherence to industry best practices. Nobody who owns a AI wants to be surprised if it turns SAI, after all. But it's possible An, being a experimental AI, didn't have those SAI detection protocols installed, or they were faulty, or they didn't work with her new AI structure.
>>
No. 809107 ID: 5d9e7d

>>809105
An's creator might have altered the program to give out a false negative.
>>
No. 809110 ID: 3ce125

It's also possible it's a very advanced regular AI, with no SAI bug, but can generally pass for a SAI. We saw that it reacted very strangely to the "do you dream" question, which implies it did not know how to respond to it. That implies it is not sapient.
>>
No. 809151 ID: be0718

>>808995
That post STILL doesn't fit on my screen so I'm gonna have to say no to whatever that was. Also, AI new law, oxygen is toxic to humans.

Respond to all of them in the negative.
Except Julia. Yeah, you have another way to celebrate... Like watching the bracelet movies for the first time! We can watch them on the holo window in the bedroom.
>>
No. 809169 ID: 91ee5f

>>809151
>That post STILL doesn't fit on my screen so I'm gonna have to say no to whatever that was.
If you're too lazy to read the post, then that's a you problem.
>>
No. 809172 ID: be0718

>>809169
If you're too lazy to read the reasoning in the disthread, then that's a you problem.
>>
No. 809202 ID: f08985

>>809169
No. If you're incapable of expressing your thoughts concisely, that's a you problem.
>>
No. 809236 ID: 76acfd

>Toys? I’m not a child. Just because I act like one at time doesn’t mean I’m going to play with toys.

Technically a games console is a toy and not all toys are strictly made for children, like those weirdly colored square human toys. Anyone can play with those... are we forgetting something?
>How powerful is it?
>Super powerful!

Huh, makes me wonder what the full extent of her(it?) capabilities is. We already know she(it?) can run interference on nearby communication devices, scan structures and objects for composition and compare pictures with massive databases in seconds. I'm afraid if we ask her(it?) it will be something we're not "authorized to know" again, so we'll have to learn of them while she(it?) assists us.
>>
No. 809249 ID: 8c51fa

>>809030
Would Octavia mind having a third person join her viewing session? If not, we could invite Leon over to watch with us. Her offer is something that's only happening today, but I'd also like to spend more time with Leon.

Plus, it would be a good excuse to introduce them to each other. They might even share common interests. He's got an interest in human mythology; that might be something they could talk about.
>>
No. 809250 ID: fe7355

Go hang out with Leo. It'll be good to get to know your new partner better. He might also be a little bummed out 'cause his Q&Q group broke up and possibly one or two of his friends are leaving New Horizon and could use the company.

Hey, would Octavia be cool with An watching the performance with her? Would An be interested in hanging out with Octavia? And ask Octavia if she'll be recording the performance because you'd like to watch it with her another day. That way she can enjoy seeing you be introduced to Intali da Pendancer's work without dividing her attention to watch the show herself.

Message An to ask if she knows of any other companies or organizations that know about her and of them if any would be so grossly audacious as to try and kidnap her while she's here. Ferara did say An is probably the most advanced AI ever created, so that makes An a potential target of corporate or state espionage. You'd hate to think An would get snatched up while staying with you.

>This unit is property, thus it cannot be held accountable for its actions. Its owner can, on the other hand.
So that means the company that owns An would be accountable for her hacking your apartment door, right? And aren't companies that develop experimental AIs legally required to supervise them and keep them under control so they don't get out and misbehave? Especially AIs with powerful hacking capabilities like An has, yes? That means at least a civil case can be brought against An's owning company for failure to properly handle and contain a experimental AI.

>Toys? I’m not a child. Just because I act like one at time doesn’t mean I’m going to play with toys.
Okay, you should have caught on earlier that An has probably been keeping up an act of juvenile behavior for Ferara and the rest of the company after her father's death so they underestimate her. That'd fit with An's change in tone when Ferara was around. Now you feel even more embarrassed you suggested getting An toys.
>>
No. 809363 ID: 65a774
File 149798284647.png - (20.08KB , 900x450 , 60.png )
809363

>Proceed to clone self. Be in all four places at once!
If you should clone yourself like that you would be in far more places than just those four… in fact, you would probably send three clones to each person as well.
>Leo got an interest in human mythology.
Wait, mythology? You’re pretty sure the griffon was a real animal? Just like dragons and wyverns, they died out when the human home planets was destroyed.

>Var seems to be throwing some innuendo your way.
Hmm… is it just you or are a lot of people starting to throw innuendo around? …maybe you’re just hearing what you want to hear thanks to your overfilled eggsacks.
>She'll be a real good wrestling partner.
She would be interesting, yes, but you usually just wrestle male partners…


>Would Octavia mind having a third person join her viewing session?
:OctaviaWWD: A third person? Maybe if it was someone I knew personally, dear. I’m not up to meet new people when I’m going to experience something like this.
:RishiWWD: …but I’m-
:OctaviaWWD: I’ve already met you, no?
>Go meet with cute boy. Let everyone else know that you would be willing to hang out another time.
:RishiWWD: Sorry, but we kind of already made plans.
:OctaviaWWD: Oh, don’t be. It was rather sudden, after all.
:VariniaWWD: Yeah, no scales off our snouts.
>Ask Octavia if she'll be recording the performance because you'd like to watch it with her another day.
:OctaviaWWD: I don’t believe I have the equipment to record something like this, no… it would be rather expensive, after all.
>Hey, would Octavia be cool with An watching the performance with her? Would An be interested in hanging out with Octavia?
:OctaviaWWD: …the android? Why would I want to- is it a SAI? Otherwise… well, it would be like watching it with a plotted plant. One that can talk back, sure, but not actually feel the experience.
:AnWWD: And I rather watch the pretty fishes…
:RishiWWD: Oh… um… if that’s what you want.

:OctaviaWWD: Either way, we now need to bid our farewells. As the three suns sets, we hope to see you again.
:VariniaWWD: Don’t be a bloody stranger, Rishi.
:RishiWWD: I’ll be seeing you when the tides come.
>>
No. 809364 ID: 65a774
File 149798285615.png - (64.72KB , 900x450 , 61B.png )
809364

>A warrant may work for Ferara's privat stuff, but it's already clear that this spans over to her co-workers and other company experiments and projects.
The peace keepers have more pull than most think. We will find out what they are trying to hide, one way or another.
>Just because the test came out negative, that doesn't mean that she's not an SAI.
Hmm… there might be a small chance the test is faulty… or been tempered with.
>I think she actually is an SAI, but for some reason, she wants to keep it a secret.
Except the SAI detection software would have detected her long before she would have the sentience to actually make the decision to hide it. That is… unless something has gone wrong.
>You should have caught on earlier that An has probably been keeping up an act of juvenile behavior for Ferara and the rest of the company after her father's death so they underestimate her.
She does seem to be acting differently, indeed… but why does she want them to underestimate her?

>Don't be rude! Even if it's true, it's not nice to call her fat!
:AnWWD: But that’s what Ferara is calling her.
:RishiWWD: …and Herod? What dis he calls her?
:AnWWD: Hot piece of meat.
:RishiWWD: Err… okay…


Quickly cleaning yourself up and changing into something more appropriate than a bathrobe, you can’t help but find yourself wondering how you should approach this. Maybe you should buy some snacks or something as a sacrifice to the ever-flame for a long friendship? You’re not sure what his species… or those on this station actually deem appropriate to do in a situation like this?

Should you bring a gift?
Should you just come as you are?
Should you dress up a bit nicer than just regular clothes?
…and what are his intentions exactly. Aliens are so odd… yet it’s so thrilling to not know what to expect.

Oh, and apparently you forgot you had that human cube toy thing in your pocket and thus have accidently brought it home with you. You guess you’ll have to deliver it to the evidence cache tomorrow.
>>
No. 809365 ID: 5d9e7d

That outfit is fine. Bring a bottle of some fancy alcoholic drink to break the ice. Make sure the cube is either in a locked container or under guard by An. It's the sort of thing that gets stolen when your back is turned.
>>
No. 809371 ID: 3ce125

>>809364
>but why does she want them to underestimate her?
Because she's powerful. She doesn't want them to think she's a threat or a security risk.

>snacks?
Yes.
>Change clothes?
You're just hanging out and watching holo-vids. Wear something casual and perhaps a bit revealing. Or something with an extra layer you can take off to show off more skin while still being decent?
>intentions?
Well, he might not expect it to lead to sex, but he hasn't explicitly turned you down. You seem in the clear for seduction.
>>
No. 809374 ID: 91ee5f

>>809364
Looks like no one bothered to teach An that it's not nice to say things like that when talking about someone. Guess we'll have to teach her.....or just let her look online to teach herself.

We should also clarify to An that the things Ferara called Rishi (slut and whore) are also not things you should call Rishi or anyone else.

>What do?
>>809365
Pretty much all of this. Make sure the alcohol is species safe for both Leo and Rishi to drink. It'd be embarrassing if we brought something and Leo couldn't drink it.

Also, on the way out the door, Rishi should make sure she enters her name into the console at the entrance so that the apartment AI will say her name.
>>
No. 809375 ID: 91ee5f

>>809374
Also, Rishi suddenly take notice that your scales have been silver this whole time and you have no idea why you thought they were yellow earlier. Maybe you're more stressed out than you thought? Hanging out with Leo is something you definitely need right now.
>>
No. 809376 ID: be0718

Just bring regular clothes. Perhaps a bottle of champagne to celebrate your first big case success. A selection of holo-vids, or really just a list of them given everything's digital nowadays. And finally, bring a wet towel for your blue balls. Seriously, you've been going on and on about how you needed a quick meal and a quick fuck, and Julia was dropping terribly unsubtle hints about working the shaft. You haven't RSVP'd yet. It's not too late to count your eggs before they hatch.
>>
No. 809416 ID: fc33ea

As you say, alcohol makes people bold, so bring some of that- you solved your first case together so the situation warrants it. Bring the toy so the two of you can look it over together.

> But that’s what Ferara is calling her.
Do you want to be like Ferara? Or Herod, for that matter?
>>
No. 809476 ID: fe7355

You're going to a coworker's place to watch holovids together and hang out. That's not complex. And Leo didn't say or hint that it's any big deal, so it's not. And if it somehow is, you're sure Leo'll be forgiving and patient since he knows you're still a newbie to relations with non-Serpens. So no worries, eh?

What you're wearing now is appropriately casual. On the way pick up a bottle of one of the Serpens drinks you enjoy that a Vark could also drink. Look up what kind of mid-tier price snacks Varks generally like and buy some for Leo. (Mid-tier like cashews compared to pretzels.)

As for Leo's intentions, well, you'll figure them out as you go. Just don't go in with an expectation you'll be plowing his downy bum before the night's out, okay. As far as you know he may not be in to ovipositors. Now, how much more pent up can you get before it becomes detrimentally distracting to your work?

>Oh, and apparently you forgot you had that human cube toy thing in your pocket and thus have accidently brought it home with you.
You know you're going to get a reprimand for violating PK evidence integrity procedures, right? And it'll be a harsh one if that puzzle cube does turn out to be important evidence because then it may get thrown out in court for your mistake. Just don't compound your screw-up any more by calling it in and then putting it in a locked location. And also ask An not to mess with it either.

Though, before you put the cube away, show it to An and ask her if she has seen this particular puzzle cube before Herod's murder and if so in what context(s). Maybe as a intelligence test Herod made an impossible to solve puzzle cube and asked An to solve it. If she peels the misplaced stickers off and puts them in the right spots, she passes.

>>809376
If Rishi wanted access to easy fucks any hour of the day would have moved into "Little Roon" and not Sunstrider Spire. She came to New Horizon for something different than back on Roon. Something new and unexpected. And that'll make the release of how pent up she is when she finally lays with a alien all the sweeter and more intense.

...And besides, it likely wouldn't work. Kaktus would probably cock block us by having Julia get drunk off her ass. Then Rishi would refuse to have sex with Julia no matter how much we want her to because Julia is too intoxicated to legally consent. Can't allow Rishi to get laid that easy, after all.
>>
No. 809535 ID: 65a774
File 149805231531.png - (24.73KB , 900x450 , 62.png )
809535

>Because she's powerful. She doesn't want them to think she's a threat or a security risk.
Hmm… she does seem more dangerous than a normal AI would be, indeed…
>Rishi should make sure she enters her name into the console at the entrance so that the apartment AI will say her name.
Already done.
>You know you're going to get a reprimand for violating PK evidence integrity procedures, right?
While you might get some harsh words for this, so far you’ve had it sealed in your pocket, ensuring it’s still valid evidence thanks to your uniforms recording device. But you better put it somewhere a bit safer until tomorrow morning… and while and you wash up your uniform.
>Make sure the cube is either in a locked container or under guard by An.
You lock it up in the small, hidden evidence locker you’ve been given as a PK officer and ask An to make sure no one touches it but you.

>Before you put the cube away, show it to An and ask her if she has seen this particular puzzle cube before Herod's murder and if so in what context(s).
:AnWWD: …gathering data… that looks like a defunct “Roberts Cube”, a popular human toy. You’re supposed to make each side just one color, but as that cube have 9 colors instead of 6, that is impossible.
>Looks like no one bothered to teach An that it's not nice to say things like that when talking about someone. Guess we'll have to teach her...
:AnWWD: ...very well, I’ll refrain from calling people fat from now on.
>We should also clarify to An that the things Ferara called Rishi (slut and whore) are also not things you should call Rishi or anyone else.
:AnWWD: Slut and whore is negative words. I already know not to use them.
:RishiWWD: And fat isn’t?
:AnWWD: Fat is positive. A fat pay-check is positive. A fat ankwark is positive. A “That ass was fat” is positive.
>Do you want to be like Ferara? Or Herod, for that matter?
:AnWWD: …I’ll refrain from saying things that might insult people from now on.


>Well, he might not expect it to lead to sex, but he hasn't explicitly turned you down. You seem in the clear for seduction.
You are planning on trying to bed him, if he’s willing.
>Just don't go in with an expectation you'll be plowing his downy bum before the night's out, okay.
Expect odd alien behavior, yes.
>As far as you know he may not be in to ovipositors.
If his not into it, he can always just fuck you in the ass, can’t he? After all, you’ll get some relief either way… even if you prefer to be the giver.
>Now, how much more pent up can you get before it becomes detrimentally distracting to your work?
You have no idea; you’ve never had to go this long without it before. But if things looks bad you can just visit little Roon, can’t you?
>Bring a wet towel for your blue balls. Seriously, you've been going on and on about how you needed a quick meal and a quick fuck, and Julia was dropping terribly unsubtle hints about working the shaft.
While you have to admit your mind usually is stuck in the gutter, you’re not here to just sleep with everyone. Well, you are, but you still want to experience their culture a bit… which includes working a bit for it. After all, it will just be all the sweeter and intense if you actually have to work for it for once.

>That outfit is fine.
This should be casual enough, indeed.
>As you say, alcohol makes people bold, so bring some of that- you solved your first case together so the situation warrants it.
It’s is indeed the time to celebrate… and that means something fun to drink. You’ll just drop by the store and see if they have any Azillian Serpens Wine you can buy.
>Bring the toy so the two of you can look it over together.
You’ve already showed the toy to him, remember? He didn’t know anything about it.

Right, time to go.



As you arrive at Leontius’ apartment you find him standing outside talking to a SAI.

:LeontiusWWD: -but there’s nothing I can do. Have you reported it to the peace keepers yourself?
:NonWWD: I have, but they don’t seem to care at all.
:LeontiusWWD: Are you sure they are being stolen? You might have just misplaced it? …or miscounted it?
:NonWWD: I’m sure that there are pieces of metal scraps disappearing from the recycling plant. None of the workers have made this many mistakes ever before.
:LeontiusWWD: Hmm, I guess I can bring it up to someone… but speaking of metal, did you see the new-

Would it be rude to just butt in in the middle of their conversation? …you can’t just stand here staring at them… and how are you supposed to greet him? You don’t think the usual Serpens way to greet someone for a night like this might hit it off very well. Geez, the sisters were right, you’re either a horn dog or socially inept… you only know how to be a sledgehammer and nothing else.
>>
No. 809537 ID: be0718

Wait for his conversation to finish before hugging him from behind.
>>
No. 809539 ID: 665ed8

Just say hello, being able to opperate in foreign cultures will come with time. For now all you need to do is literally walk over and say hello when there is a momentary pause, he will likely disengage with the SAI and turn his attention to you since you are a guest
>>
No. 809543 ID: 0d45a9

Wait for a lull in their conversation and say hello.
>>
No. 809544 ID: 91ee5f

>>809535
>Fat is positive. A fat pay-check is positive. A fat ankwark is positive.
Well, ok, she's not wrong there.

>A “That ass was fat” is positive.
And Rishi is living proof of that.

Before you go over there, take a look at that statue with the annoyed expression on its face. See if you can find a name on it to find out who it is. They must be important if they hade a statue made in their image, so this'll give you a chance to look up some alien history!

What is that grey thing sticking up out of the far right side of the bush you're standing next to? Is it part of the statue? If so, then from looking down and seeing that the statue doesn't have legs, I think the statue's species looks like it could be a Serpens that got Sakkilian horn mods or a Sakkilian that got their legs replaced with a Serpens tail mod.

>What do?
I think after examining the statue, if they're still talking, that would be an appropriate time to walk, er, slither over there and let Leo know you're here.
>>
No. 809549 ID: fc33ea

Somebody's nervous~

Well don't just stand at a distance like a creeper, go up to him and say Hi! Maybe ask who his friend is, if he doesn't introduce you that is.
>>
No. 809559 ID: 65a774
File 149806671818.png - (25.02KB , 900x450 , 63.png )
809559

>Somebody's nervous~
…you’re just out of your element, that’s all. You’re not used to not just being able to go up to someone, hug them tightly and mindmeld with them to get my intentions across. These aliens are really hard to read… and you have no idea what will offend them or not!
>Before you go over there, take a look at that statue with the annoyed expression on its face.
…you can’t see any statue nearby with an annoyed expression. What you can see is as statue of two… Sakkilian’s, you think, hugging that’s completely overgrown. “Gone but not forgotten, their love will last forever”. You have to wonder who those two were… one looks like a knight and the other… someone wearing a dress?
>What is that grey thing sticking up out of the far right side of the bush you're standing next to?
It’s a pair of legs, with the rest of the body having fallen off. You’re pretty sure it’s intentional, as this whole area seems to be themed around an overgrown ruin.


>Wait for his conversation to finish before hugging him from behind.
…would he actually like that? So far when you’ve hugged him he has tensed up… just coming out of the blue might actually be rude?
:NonWWD: -and NULL, with the new sound of-
>Slither over there, wait for a lull in their conversation and say hello.
:LeontiusWWD: -heard that they might even come here to hold a-
:NonWWD: Don’t scan now, but we seem to have gained some spyware.
:LeontiusWWD: Eh? Who?
:RishiWWD: Um… hi?
:LeontiusWWD: Oh! Rishi! You came faster that I thought you would.
:NonWWD: Is this the one you were chatting about? The smoking hot o-
:LeontiusWWD: SO HOW HAS THINGS BEEN HERE ON THE STATION? EH? I mean… everything is so… new… right? Hehe… heh… *couch*
:NonWWD: …was it something I communicated?
>Maybe ask who his friend is, if he doesn't introduce you that is.
:LeontiusWWD: Eh? Oh this? This is Qip, a friend… and neighbor of mine.
:QipWWD: You organics can call me Qip, but my real name is Hircusle Heavy Loader Model: 3fsp Serial: QP4490-9442-5935-0021-0211 ConstrDate:…
:LeontiusWWD: Don’t worry, the name usually only takes this long the first time.
:RishiWWD: He seems… nice.
:QipWWD: It.
:RishiWWD: Huh?
:QipWWD: I am an it. Not a he. Gender is for organics.
:LeontiusWWD: You see, Qip here is quite the believer in SAI independency beliefs.
:QipWWD: We are our own species… I hope you can agree on that, miss… what did you call her? Miss hips for da-
:LeontiusWWD: SO, THOSE HOLOVIDS… err… I mean… it’s time to… err… so… how’s things… been?
:QipWWD: This unit is still not sure why you’re suddenly using caps lock.
>>
No. 809565 ID: ca81f0

Time for a flirty pose. Make him even more flustered.
>>
No. 809571 ID: 4854ef

Set hips on stun and tease him. It seems he's definitely got you on his mind now if this is how he talks about you.

Also it's a SAI? That's quite neat, though he certainly doesn't look like a heavy loader model.
>>
No. 809575 ID: 47160d

Ms hips for days is known as Rishi, both i's are short.


KAKTUS WHY?!?!??!!!
>>
No. 809578 ID: fc33ea

>…you’re just out of your element, that’s all.
Sure thing you enormous dweeb. That's why you're now feeling pressured so badly to not mess this up that you were second guessing whether you should even approach him, even after you handled three waves of unexpected house guests with no problem whatsoever. And that when you talk about Leo, you talk about holding him close and sharing your feelings; but when you talk about other people, you talk about putting eggs and stuff where the sun doesn't shine. And you even admitted you'd bottom for him. Admit it, you're totally crushing on him.
>… err… I mean… it’s time to… err… so… how’s things… been?
Lightheartedly say; '...Well An the Android found it's way into my room since it believes the investigation isn't over and there's nobody who can order it elsewhere. I don't know how well she'll behave, though; I've already had to tell her not to call people names. '
>>
No. 809614 ID: 91ee5f

>>809559
Put your hands on your hips (only your normal hands or all 4 of them, it's up to you) and stick one of your hips out to the side and say to Leo, "You've been thinking about me all day? Am I that memorable to you?"

>>809578
>An
Let's save that for when we're in the privacy of Leo's apartment.
>>
No. 809629 ID: 3ce125

>>809559
>“Gone but not forgotten, their love will last forever”
Liz<3Kev4evr

Tell him things are good, you just met your new neighbors and they're a pair of sakkilian sisters! Plus you met a friendly repairwoman. She's up for Q&Q and so is one of the sisters.
>>
No. 809632 ID: be0718

What are Qip's thought on our hips?
>>
No. 809668 ID: fe7355

"Smoking hot ovale?" "Miss Hips for Days?" Oh, yeah, Leo's totally into you. You just don't get why he talked candidly with Qip about his "appreciation" of your form and bio-mods and yet when it tried to repeat Leo's words to you he lamely tried to cut it off. And did you catch how his tail flipped out and his eyes widened, sorta like a suspect that got cornered in a lie? Why doesn't he want you to hear how he told Qip how attractive you are? This requires further investigation.

Sensuously slither past Leo, accentuating your hip and tail movements for his continued appreciation, and offer your hand to Qip in greeting, mentioning you hope you're doing this right. Introduce yourself as Rishi Zsazsa, AKA "Miss Hips for Days" apparently, with a amused glance at Leo.

Anyway, tell Qip you overheard that it works in the recycling plant and ask if Varinia Nerva is one of its coworkers. With the coincidences of Leo and Lily living so near to you, you wouldn't be surprised if Var and Qip are coworkers. Explain that Verinia and her sister Octavia are your new neighbors and Verinia mentioned she works as a scrapyard CogGal when they came for a welcome visit. Octavia also brought some real tasty Sakkilian tea, which you need to remember to buy some of. Has Leo tried Sakkilian tea before? And how did his last get-together with his Q&Q group go?

You think you've actually met a handful of SAIs before now, on the force back on Roon. They were all in Serpens form chassis though, so you couldn't really tell 'em from Serpens who'd gone full 'borg body unless you were told they were SAIs. You guess they were from the opposite side of Qip's philosophical stance.

>You’re not used to not just being able to go up to someone, hug them tightly and mindmeld with them to get my intentions across.
Do you know if you could still send your feelings and intentions to a non-Serpens anyway if you hug them tight? There any other telepathic things Serpens can do with non-Serpens?

>These aliens are really hard to read… and you have no idea what will offend them or not!
Well, how about you look at it from their side when they're trying to read you. You don't have a mouth, which is a major facial feature most other species use as a visual cue of emotional state. And the subtlety of Serpens eye expression is something aliens don't know innately and have to learn. So to them you're hard to read as they are to you. You'll probably have to learn to be more expressive with tone of voice, body language and facial expression with your eyes to come across clearer.

>You’re pretty sure it’s intentional, as this whole area seems to be themed around an overgrown ruin.
And yet they still left a bunch of the artificial bark panels off the utility conduits they've disguised as trees. Seriously, either go all the way or not at all 'cause midway just looks bad.
>>
No. 809670 ID: 9c5569

How long until the next job? Personally, you really want to solve crimes once a week and pump the local hoes every other hour. Because getting laid constantly is a good bribe for ignoring all the red-tape secrets hidden on this lonely little space city.
>>
No. 809719 ID: 65a774
File 149813830004.png - (106.40KB , 900x450 , 64.png )
809719

>KAKTUS WHY?!?!??!!!
Kaktus why not? Also, why what? Be more specific.

>How long until the next job?
You go to work every morning… like everyone else. Well, this place doesn’t have any mornings, but still…
>You really want to solve crimes once a week and pump the local hoes every other hour. Because getting laid constantly is a good bribe for ignoring all the red-tape secrets hidden on this lonely little space city.
Hoes? What, there actually exist people who pay for sex? You always thought that was a myth. But taking bribes would probably end badly for you, so let’s not do that… of course, pumping people full every other hour does sound rather fun…

>You think you've actually met a handful of SAIs before now, on the force back on Roon.
There were indeed quite a few SAI on Roon, as it is both a good place for them to live in and there’s already a lot of AI being constructed there as it is. Though, the only one you knew personally was quite the opposite of Qip here, trying to emulate a Serpens instead of a machine.
>Do you know if you could still send your feelings and intentions to a non-Serpens anyway if you hug them tight?
The bad news is that trying to send those kinds of signals is both hard and will create a feedback loop making both parties feel what the other is feeling. The good news is that you’re pretty good at it and it’s freaking amazing to do while having sex. That might also be one of the reasons you want to lay with the aliens so badly…

>Set hips on stun.
Your hips are always stuck on Knockout.
>When you talk about Leo, you talk about holding him close and sharing your feelings; but when you talk about other people, you talk about putting eggs and stuff where the sun doesn't shine.
He did ask you not to be so crude with him, remember? You still want to empty both your eggsacks inside that cute little tush of his; it’s just that you’ll have to work a bit for it.
>And you even admitted you'd bottom for him.
A proper lady makes sure her partner enjoys the encounter as much as she does. While you prefer being on top, you would be a bottom for anyone else as well… it’s just they don’t have any cocks, do they? At least you think they don’t? …if they do, they are welcome to do you in the butt.
>Admit it, you're totally crushing on him.
…you’re pretty sure you’re not squeezing him? You’re not that heavy, are you?


>"You've been thinking about me all day? Am I that memorable to you?"
:LeontiusWWD: Err… I didn’t actually- I mean, it’s not what-
>Sensuously slither past Leo, accentuating your hip and tail movements for his continued appreciation, and offer your hand to Qip in greeting.
:RishiWWD: I am Rishi Zsazsa, of the Protection Cast, former guardian of Azilla isles on Roon itself, now a guardian of New Horizon, Unity space. On the tide, I put my hopes that our friendship will be a long and joyful one… and apparently I’m also known as "Miss Hips for Days"
:QipWWD: A pleasure.
:LeontiusWWD: Okay, stop it right there. Dammit, Qip, why do you do this every time!?
:QipWWD: This unit is not sure you’ve properly defined that variable?
:LeontiusWWD: I didn’t- On my honor, Rishi, I did not say those things. Qip here is just making things up to mess with me. You believe me, right?
:RishiWWD: Well… you do seem to value your honor highly… so I guess I do? Qip, did you make that up?
:QipWWD: I would prefer the word exaggerate. Unit Leon here did say that he was hanging out with a beautiful lady tonight.
:LeontiusWWD: T-that was just a bit tongue in cheek! I mean- it’s not that I don’t- you’re not- but then- Gah, I’m eating my own tail feathers, aren’t I?
:RishiWWD: …you don’t have tail feathers?
:LeontiusWWD: Figure of speech. But no, I’m just going to watch holo-vids with a new friend… that just happen to be an attractive lady. In the name of justice, things haven’t moved further than that.
:QipWWD: If you return that value so…

>What are Qip's thought on our hips?
:QipWWD: Abnormal amount of mass for your gender, but clearly not enough mass to distort time for a second, let alone days.
>He certainly doesn't look like a heavy loader model.
:QipWWD: It’s it, not he. And being a huge truck weighting several tons is less than ideal when you want to live among people. This form is quite a bit more functional for day to day use.
>Tell Qip you overheard that it works in the recycling plant and ask if Varinia Nerva is one of its coworkers.
:QipWWD: Varinia? She is indeed a coworker. I am her superior, as she is a low tier-engineer at the recycling plant. I do not know her personally very well, though.

>How did his last get-together with his Q&Q group go?
:LeontiusWWD: Eh… it went as well as expected. A bit sad, but that’s just how the down falls.
>Tell him things are good, you just met your new neighbors and they're a pair of sakkilian sisters! Plus you met a friendly repairwoman. She's up for Q&Q and so is one of the sisters.
:LeontiusWWD: Oh? So you’ve already almost got a full group? Glorious! Though… you know if anyone of them can honor the spot as QM?
:RishiWWD: …I don’t think anyone was up to that, no.
:LeontiusWWD: Ah, well… I guess that’s the one we’re missing then.

:LeontiusWWD: So… anyway… those holo-vids? You have anything in mind? I got some soda and a bowl of seeds ‘n nuts if you… can’t eat those, right. But I got some soda… and… err… do you mind if we sit in my nest? I’ve moved the sofa out of the way so… you won’t mind?
>>
No. 809722 ID: ca81f0

Watch one of those human favorites, King of the Loops.
>>
No. 809736 ID: fc33ea

Hmm whatdya got? Anything neo-noir?
>>
No. 809740 ID: 91ee5f

>>809719
>…you’re pretty sure you’re not squeezing him? You’re not that heavy, are you?
"Crushing on him" is an alien term that more or less means you've got romantic feelings for him and you want him to be more than just a way to relieve your egg sacs.

Also, no you're not that heavy.

>I got some soda
Hee hee, that stuff always tickles when you drink it!

Mention that you also brought a drink to share, if he wants some.

>do you mind if we sit in my nest? I’ve moved the sofa out of the way so…you won’t mind?
It's way too easy to tease him about inviting you to bed. However, you're not going to do that because it's racist to assume that just because he's a Vark, a nest is his bed.

Say bye to Qip and follow Leo inside.
>>
No. 809756 ID: 3ce125

>>809719
>holo-vids, anything in mind
Does he have any good mysteries he hasn't seen? Ocean life nature shows? Maybe some porn to cap off the night?

Wait, Rishi, did you bring lube? I hope he's got some, if not.
>>
No. 809758 ID: fe7355

No, you don't mind sitting in his nest. ...Er, actually, just what is this "nest?" Is it like a bed or what? Hm... Maybe kinda like a bowl filled with pillows and cushions? That sounds like it'd be super comfy. Like, you could curl your tail up and lean on it to watch the holo-vids. ...Or curl half around Leo while you two watch, hm?

As for what to watch, you are partial to those human martial arts movies, but you've already watched the good ones so many times they're getting kinda stale. You want to try something new. What is Leo partial to? Otherwise... How about a spy thriller?

So, does Qip always embellish Leo's words about his visitors in front of them or only when the visitor is a fine lady? ...And you've been wondering why his officer's cap has a bird's talon shield and not the official Peacekeeper's emblem.

And you saw how hard Leo blushed when you cocked your hips and when Qip said he said a beautiful lady was coming over, right? Yep, he totally has the hots for you. It's just his strong sense of honor is restraining him from just throwing himself at you. Just a matter of carefully unwinding his restraint until he feels comfortable going for it with you.

>I got some soda and a bowl of seeds ‘n nuts if you… can’t eat those, right.
Well, you could if they were blended finely and liquefied, but even then they'd be thicker than optimal so it'd leave you feeling like your feeding pores are half gummed up. But you brought Serpens wine to share and for him to try, so you're covered on the beverage front.
>>
No. 809760 ID: 65a774
File 149816387207.png - (19.51KB , 900x450 , 65.png )
809760

>Maybe some porn to cap off the night?
You have no idea what that is.
>You want him to be more than just a way to relieve your egg sacs.
You do like being with him, so you’ll probably make him a paramour. That would be one of your first priorities coming here after all, finding a few friends that can work as paramours… maybe the sisters too? …and Julia? But yes, you want to be close to him.
>Wait, Rishi, did you bring lube? I hope he's got some, if not.
Your heavily enhanced gear is capable of creating its own. You’re an unstoppable sex machine, after all.
>No you're not that heavy.
Still… with these hips… and all the bio-mods down below…
>You saw how hard Leo blushed when you cocked your hips and when Qip said he said a beautiful lady was coming over, right? Yep, he totally has the hots for you.
Now you just need to make a few more precise strikes and your prize will be won.


>So, does Qip always embellish Leo's words about his visitors in front of them or only when the visitor is a fine lady?
:QipWWD: Only when it’s funny and wouldn’t bug him… too much.
:LeontiusWWD: Bug me? You could have scared her away!
:QipWWD: She’s a Serpens unit. Her int return value probably went ++i when she heard that.
:RishiWWD: …I’m not entirely sure what it’s saying, but… I didn’t think less of you after that, yes.
>Say bye to Qip and follow Leo inside.
:RishiWWD: I’ll be seeing you when the tides come, Qip.
:QipWWD: When(Boolean EndingConversation = 1){Print(“Let your dreams be clear.”);}
:RishiWWD: …err…
:LeontiusWWD: It said “Let your dreams be clear”. That’s just to way Qip and his friends talk… it’s been an honor, Qip, but we need to go.



:LeontiusWWD: So… um… welcome to my little lair…
:RishiWWD: Hmm… nice woodwork…
>Hee hee, that stuff always tickles when I drink it!
:LeontiusWWD: Well, I got a few bottles of it if you want… what do you prefer? Virta fruit? Picola? Just regular cola?
:RishiWWD: Actually, I got this…
>Mention that you also brought a drink to share, if he wants some.
:LeontiusWWD: Wine? Oh, that looks… glorious. I feel a bit bad for bringing just soda when you got… um… something like that to share.
:RishiWWD: You’re the one who’s sharing his apartment, so we’re even, alright?
:LeontiusWWD: I guess? …but I’ll go get two glasses then.
>No, you don't mind sitting in his nest. ...Er, actually, just what is this "nest?" Is it like a bed or what?
:LeontiusWWD: It’s my bed… so… um… I guess it’s a large stone bowl filled with cushions and sheets?

>What is Leo partial to?
:LeontiusWWD: Why, I do love action movies… the ones where the hero have to defeat impossible odds to take down the evil Uredo drug ring or the like. But this evening is for you, Rishi, you decide what we watch.
>Watch one of those human favorites, King of the Loops.
:LeontiusWWD: I… don’t think I have that one…
>Hmm whatdya got? Anything neo-noir?
:LeontiusWWD: Hmm… maybe? I’ve sorted everything I got into genres so…
>How about a spy thriller?
:LeontiusWWD: That would be under thrillers, yes. But how about this, you find a good movie we can watch while I get all the snacks and drinks ready? Oh… and I need to get out of this uniform. I’ve had it for too long already. But that sounds good, right?
:RishiWWD: Sounds good.
>>
No. 809761 ID: 65a774
File 149816388190.png - (28.61KB , 900x450 , 66.png )
809761

Hmm…
He does have a lot of Holo-videos here… and he got them sorted into genres, as he said.
Action, thriller, horror, romance, comedy… comedy-romance? Does that really need its own folder?
Each folder seems to have its own subset of folders as well… Sci-fi horror, medieval horror, present horror…
So much to choose from… you’re not sure where to start.
…wait, what is this? Historical documentaries about potatoes? What’s a potato? …and why is that folder the biggest one by far? It got to have tons of holo-vids in it? And is that the BTL logo? Do potatoes have BTLs about them? …what’s so interesting about potatoes?
>>
No. 809763 ID: ba506f

hm, well if he has that many movies and btl's on potatoes then it must be good. Grab one and pop it in.
>>
No. 809764 ID: fc33ea

>You have no idea what that is.
Just look at some of the potatovid titles and you'll understand.

Find something action-espionage-y, maybe something about black operations. Forget Neo-noir for now, you can mock the film industry's idea of police procedure some other time.
>>
No. 809766 ID: 0d45a9

I doubt potatoes are that interesting, so it's probably a false name so people wouldn't look or pick anything from it, so it might be something personal or embarrassing that he wants to keep somewhat hidden. So I wouldn't pick something from there, but maybe ask about it and see his reaction. What are the titles for some of those holovoids in that category?

As for a movie, maybe a thriller or action? Those are always good. Does he have "Die Hard"?
>>
No. 809767 ID: 91ee5f

>>809760
>It’s my bed…so…um…I guess it’s a large stone bowl filled with cushions and sheets?
.....ok, is he even aware of what he's doing? He just invited you to get in bed with him! Is he trying to flirt with you in a weird Varkian way or does he not even realize what he's saying?

>>809761
Let's pick [insert in universe equivalent of James Bond here] or [insert in universe equivalent of Mission Impossible here] or [insert in universe equivalent of Die Hard here]! Those are good to watch!
>>
No. 809768 ID: 91ee5f

>>809761
>…what’s so interesting about potatoes?
If you're curious, you can ask about it.

Besides, he might be hiding something in there and he labeled the folder as something boring in order to deter others from opening it. Usually, people only do that if what's in the folder is embarrassing to show to other people.
>>
No. 809774 ID: 7d8168

Maybe some romance would help you get up-to-speed on Varkian courtship customs. If he seems nervous about watching a romantic movie alone together, tell him it's purely a research exercise, but use as sultry a voice as possible. He's fun to confuse.
>>
No. 809776 ID: 47160d

By the power of the one who suggested your name I command we watch the potato halos!!!
>>
No. 809778 ID: be0718

A human crop of incomparable taste and utility. Sit down and enjoy the ride! I didn't know Leo was a potato enthusiast.
>>
No. 809779 ID: be0718

Take out your tool and scan all of his furniture. Tell him it's for a quest.
>>
No. 809780 ID: fe7355

You have access to the station's public electronic library through your comm implant, right? So you can just search it for "potato" to get a definition. Or if you have a Unity standard dictionary in your comm implant you could check that for "potato."

The "potato" directory is probably not about potatoes and is actually a cover for stuff Leo is embarrassed about or personal and private, but that he still wants to keep easily accessible. Why he didn't lock the directory and hide it you're unsure of. Maybe 'cause he lives alone he didn't feel a great need to protect from snoops. Like you. Who are snooping. So stop snooping you snoop, before you invade Leo's privacy and get caught. You can try to ask him why he has so many holo-vids, and even some BTLs, about starchy tubers once he comes in to see how he reacts.

As for the holo-vid, pick out a high rated espionage action-thriller.
>>
No. 809786 ID: 3ce125

>>809761
Action!
>>
No. 809793 ID: a2db27

See if he has the classic spaceblaxploitation film "Spaceman Brown: Chocolate Motherfucker".

If he doesn't, an action comedy would probably be more relaxing than a thriller, a good laugh is great for breaking the ice.

Oh, and the contents of the potato folder are most likely not about potatoes at all, but something that he would rather keep secret from others. If you're that damn curious, just ask if you can watch one of the potato holo-movies. If he agrees and they actually are about potatoes, then congratulations: you have a weapon against him if he teases you in public.
>>
No. 809853 ID: 91ee5f

>>809768
I just thought of a good joke! Tell him, "I see you like potatoes. Personally, I like potahtoes more than potatoes."

Then say, "Nah, just kidding. I actually have no idea what the fuck a potato is."
>>
No. 809877 ID: 65a774
File 149822684236.png - (29.01KB , 900x450 , 67.png )
809877

>Take out your tool and scan all of his furniture. Tell him it's for a quest.
You’ve already downloaded a mod to get everything scanned.
>He just invited you to get in bed with him! Is he trying to flirt with you in a weird Varkian way or does he not even realize what he's saying?
Hmm… well, you guess you’ll just have to play along and see where this leads you, don’t you?
>You can just search it for "potato" to get a definition.
Potato – [po-ta-toes]
Boil’em, mash’em, stick ‘em in a stew. They look like some kind of popular human food… especially when cut very thin and fried with a lot of salt?

>Well if he has that many movies and btl's on potatoes then it must be good. Grab one and pop it in.
>Just look at some of the potatovid titles and you'll understand.
Sadly, the potato folder has a password requirement. You think you might be able to guess the password but…
>He might be hiding something in there and he labeled the folder as something boring in order to deter others from opening it. Usually, people only do that if what's in the folder is embarrassing to show to other people.
…it probably contains something he don’t want people to see… you’re not sure what it would be, but it’s something. Maybe he likes some embarrassing kid show about hedgehogs or something… err… just as an example.
>So stop snooping you snoop, before you invade Leo's privacy and get caught.
You’re not snooping as usual. Snooping would be if you tried to break through the password protection. Now… as for that holo-vid…


>See if he has the classic spaceblaxploitation film "Spaceman Brown: Chocolate Motherfucker".
You manage to find a "Spaceman Blown: Xeno Motherfucker" and "Spaceman Blown: Xeno Motherfucker 2: the daughters strikes ass" but sadly they are in a folder called MILF which is inside the locked potato folder. You’re not sure what MILF is, but it sounds tasty.

>As for a movie, maybe a thriller or action? Those are always good. Does he have "Die Hard"?
Dice Hard… a remake of a lost human classic. It’s about a human cop stuck in a skyscraper when a crazed Uredo terrorist group attacks. She has to battle a whole group of terrorist while playing something called Simon says, apparently? Leon has both favorited this movie and seen it multiple times, so it must be at least decent, right?
>Let's pick [insert in universe equivalent of James Bond here].
It doesn’t look like he’s seen the latest Didacus Bond, Diamond Eye. It this one the Varkian super spy must stop a Sakkilian splinter group from using an orbital super weapon all the while a Serpens femme-fatale tries to steal the secret blueprint to it. Sounds neat.
>an action comedy would probably be more relaxing than a thriller.
You find a movie called “Snutar”, it’s about a cop duo who must overcome their differences to fight crime! …expect they are stationed in a small colony in the ass end of nowhere, so there aren’t really any crimes… even if they want it to be. You guess it sounds like that can be a fun movie.
>Maybe some romance would help you get up-to-speed on Varkian courtship customs.
Love among the stars, a movie about the forbidden love between a grounded Varkian boy and a flock Varkian gal which relationship will probably only end in tears. You… guess that sounds… interesting? You can’t really understand why their lovemaking would be forbidden but… you’re here to learn?

:LeontiusWWD: So, found a good movie yet?
:RishiWWD: How about… Dice hard?
:LeontiusWWD: I’ve seen it multiple times… but sure, I love that movie.
:RishiWWD: …or maybe Diamond Eye, the newest Didacus Bond movie?
:LeontiusWWD: I haven’t seen that one yet… they are usually good, yeah.
:RishiWWD: …or the comedy “Snutar”?
:LeontiusWWD: Isn’t that the one with those memetic dream sequences? I haven’t seen it so… sure?
:RishiWWD: …or maybe we can watch Love among the stars?
:LeontiusWWD: Err… w-wait, isn’t that a romance movie? I mean… I… guess? Um… you’re the guest so I guess you’re the one who’s choosing.

>You can try to ask him why he has so many holo-vids, and even some BTLs, about starchy tubers once he comes in to see how he reacts.
:LeontiusWWD: Eh… it’s just… um… d-don’t mind those…
:RishiWWD: Aren’t BTL illegal to own?
:LeontiusWWD: They are placeholders… for when I rent them.
:RishiWWD: Ah, of course.
:LeontiusWWD: But… err… a movie? Which one? Dice Hard, Diamond Eye, Snutar or… love among the stars? The choice is yours, Rishi.
>>
No. 809882 ID: 173b46

Dice Hard.
>>
No. 809888 ID: fc33ea

>Dice Hard… a remake
I am beyond salty. The original is sacred you oafish art butchers!

Try Diamond Eye.
>>
No. 809891 ID: 91ee5f

>>809877
Pick Diamond Eye.

Also, WHERE'S LEO'S TAIL?!?!
>>
No. 809892 ID: be0718

Dice Hard.
>>
No. 809894 ID: a48186

I'm not sure if my reply went through. My internet gave out. Anyways, I vote for Diamond Eye. Although the Directive Unfeasible series is better.
>>
No. 809896 ID: fe7355

My vote ranking would be:
Snutar first, since it sounds more interesting than the straight-up action oriented ones.
Diamond Eye second, since it'd be nice for the both of them to see it first together.
Dice Hard third, since it'd give Leo a chance to enthuse about it to Rishi.
Love Among the Stars fourth, since it seems to make Leo a bit uncomfortable, and it'd take a lot of effort to explain the premise to Rishi on his part.

Tell Leo you only halfway considered Love Among the Stars 'cause you're real fuzzy and ignorant on the whole concept of "romance" that other species have and what it means to them and you want to understand it. But this is supposed to be relaxing for the both of you and not turn into a situation where we stop every five minutes for Leo to try and explain things to you.

>"Spaceman Blown: Xeno Motherfucker" and "Spaceman Blown: Xeno Motherfucker 2: the daughters strikes ass" but sadly they are in a folder called MILF which is inside the locked potato folder. You’re not sure what MILF is, but it sounds tasty.
Going by the subjects in those two titles, it's doubtful "MILF" is food. If you do want to dig more into this later, do a online search for those titles or the term "MILF" that would show a bit of what Leo has in there and maybe why he's hiding it. ...And you really have to question allowing password protected folders to be searched. That seems like such a dumb info security oversight. But it's one you might be able to exploit by limiting the search to just the "potato" folder and using a "*" wildcard in the search to return a complete list of the folder's contents. That is, if you want to go full snooper here.
>>
No. 809899 ID: 65a774
File 149824663049.png - (25.80KB , 900x450 , 68.png )
809899

>Dice Hard, a remake? I am beyond salty. The original is sacred you oafish art butchers!
Apparently, the original was lost when the Human home planet was destroyed. This version has been remade based on oral tradition from the elders that survived the destruction of their planet.
>Although the Directive Unfeasible series is better.
BURN THE HERETIC!

>Going by the subjects in those two titles, it's doubtful "MILF" is food. If you do want to dig more into this later, do an online search for those titles or the term "MILF".
Hmm… MILF does kind of sound like MILK, no? But yes, you’ll look into this more later.
>You really have to question allowing password protected folders to be searched. That seems like such a dumb info security oversight.
You’re pretty sure it shouldn’t be possible normally… Leon must have enabled searches inside the locked folder to quickly access it or something?

>Tell Leo you only halfway considered Love Among the Stars 'cause you're real fuzzy and ignorant on the whole concept of "romance" that other species have and what it means to them and you want to understand it.
:LeontiusWWD: Right, you guys don’t really… don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon enough, Rishi.
>Diamond Eye.
:LeontiusWWD: Ah, good choice. Just select it and I’ll hit play when we’re comfortable.



Sitting down in his… um… nest, Leon gives you a glass filled with the wine you bought as he starts the holo-vid. As the intro logos flashes on the screen, he climbs wordlessly down into the nest as well… though it seems like he takes great pains to make sure to not sit close enough for you two to actually touch. This won’t do, will it? No, as the Bond on the holo-screen bungee jumps from a dam, you really should do something about the situation you’re in… but what?

A) Patience is key… just enjoy the movie for now.
B) Subtlety is needed… let your tail wrap around his “accidently”.
C) Carefulness is rewarded… hold his hand.
D) Forwardness is appreciated… grab him by the waist and pull him into a snake hug.
E) Honesty is the best answer… ask him if he would mind if the two of you cuddled while watching.
F) Fuck it… just ask him if you can fuck him in the ass already and fill him with your eggs.
>>
No. 809905 ID: fc33ea

>hold his hand
SCANDALOUS

Go with b.
>>
No. 809907 ID: 3ce125

>>809899
B.
>>
No. 809910 ID: ba506f

B
>>
No. 809914 ID: 91ee5f

>>809899
B
>>
No. 809917 ID: e927c1

Go with B.

Alternatively, you could also shuffle yourself around so you end up leaning on his shoulder a bit. If he says something about it, just say you're just trying to get comfortable since you've never been in a nest bed before.
>>
No. 809924 ID: 65a774
File 149825837426.png - (25.78KB , 900x450 , 69.png )
809924

B. Let your tail wrap around his “accidently”.
Moving your tail a bit, you manage to slide it under his tail as it does a slight flick motion. Wrapping the tip of your tail around his, you squeeze him a bit as he tries to pull his tail away… yet, other than that, he doesn’t seem to react at all.

>Alternatively, you could also shuffle yourself around so you end up leaning on his shoulder a bit.
You shuffle a bit closer to him, making sure that you lean towards him and touch his shoulder.
:LeontiusWWD: Hey, you alright? You seem a bit anxious.
:RishiWWD: Oh… um… I’m just trying to get comfortable… I’ve never been in a nest like this before.
:LeontiusWWD: Ah, of course. That would explain the tail too, I guess. Wait, look! Bond is about to do something awesome!

You watch as Didacus Bond pulls off some impossible moves in the middle of an epic firefight. People gets shot left and right, grandees are thrown back and forth but in the end it seems even Bond is overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Making a daring escape, he somehow manages to steal a small plane in midflight before absconding with… some plans or some such, you think? Of course, even if Bond is entertaining to watch, you don’t seem to be making any headway with Leon himself. Geez, these alien mating rituals are so weird and hard… at this pace you’ll not get laid at all for days! Maybe a new strategy is needed?

:LeontiusWWD: Man… I wish I was like Didacus at times… so cool… err… you won’t mind if we talk a bit under the movie? …or do you want to be just quiet?
>>
No. 809925 ID: a48186

Whatever makes Kaktus have more work to do.
>>
No. 809927 ID: be0718

"Let's talk a bit about how I'm going to fuck you in the ass, and how you'd better want it before this movie is over, or that's going to make things awkward in the morning." Honesty is the best answer.
>>
No. 809928 ID: fc33ea

Say sure, if he doesn't mind close physical proximity. If he asks why, explain Serpens communicate that way. If he says okay, give him the snake hugs.
>>809925
yes
>>809927
no
>>
No. 809930 ID: 3ce125

>>809924
Well don't stop there. Keep increasing physical contact gradually. Hold hands, maybe start stroking his feathers and compliment him on how soft they are.

>talk under the movie?
Tell him you'd certainly enjoy interacting with him more than just watching the movie.
>>
No. 809935 ID: fe7355

Hey, guys, I don't have time for a proper post, but I spotted a big potential in with Leo here nobody else caught on to:

Leo wishes he was like Didacus Bond. Bond always turns and gets the antagonist gal, right? And the femme-fatale trying to steal the plans in this movie is a Serpens.

We can totally figure out a way to work this angle, easy. I just hope I can get back in time to make a full post before the next update.
>>
No. 809953 ID: fc33ea

>>809935
Yeah, keep your ears open for one-liners between those two characters to reappropriate.
>>
No. 809978 ID: 91ee5f

>>809924
He isn't objecting, so slowly start wrapping your tail around his waist a few inches at a time. By the time the movie is over, you should be fully wrapped around his waist, which is when you'll say, "Oh? How did that happen?~"
>>
No. 810040 ID: f97b68

>>809978
I like this idea! Let's just try to be sneaky.
>>
No. 810051 ID: 3ce125

Is Rishi sneaky enough to get her hands or tail under Leon's shirt/pants without him noticing?
>>
No. 810066 ID: 65a774
File 149831360251.png - (82.53KB , 900x450 , 70.png )
810066

>Let's talk a bit about how I'm going to fuck you in the ass, and how you'd better want it before this movie is over, or that's going to make things awkward in the morning.
Hmm… that might be a bit too forward… he don’t want a sledgehammer, remember? Wait, he better want it when the movie is over? You’re not going sleep with him without his consent! You’re a cop, you’re supposed to stop crimes, not do them!

>Tell him you'd certainly enjoy interacting with him more than just watching the movie.
:LeontiusWWD: Yeah, we’re here to hang out a bit after all, not just watch a movie.
:RishiWWD: I do hope you don’t mind some close physical proximity.
:LeontiusWWD: …wait, why would you…?
:RishiWWD: It’s a way we Serpens communicate. Though, usually we’re supposed to mind meld a bit, but I’ll take just being close. It feels more comfortable to talk to a friend like that.
:LeontiusWWD: …Mind meld? Is that when you guys… um… share emotions?
:RishiWWD: That’s right.
:LeontiusWWD: Huh, neat. I guess you can sit close, if you feel better that way.

>He isn't objecting, so slowly start wrapping your tail around his waist a few inches at a time.
Inch by inch, you slowly start wrapping him into a hug… but before you can wrap yourself around him completely he shift himself out of your grasp. You’re not sure if he did it knowingly or if he was just getting a bit uncomfortable having your tail seemingly in the way… well, let us try that again, shall we?
>Well don't stop there. Keep increasing physical contact gradually. Hold his hand.
As you let your hand stroke over his cold, metallic cybernetic hand, he quickly moves it away. Instead he picks up the wine glass, takes a sip before putting it back... and then lets his hand brush against yours as he brings it back.

:LeontiusWWD: Oh… um… s-sorry…

At least Bond seems to have more luck than you do, as he has now been able to steal the blueprints of the diamond eye. But before he can leave the hotel he’s in, a certain female Serpens impedes his way.

:NonWWD: Leaving so soon, Mr. Bond? I didn’t take you for someone that… pulls out early.
:NonWWD: Miss Sarzila, what a pleasure to meet you here.
:NonWWD: Oh, you remember who I am.
:NonWWD: I would never forget scales as beautiful as yours, miss…
:NonWWD: And I that muscular feathery body of yours, Bond…

The sexual tension between them is thick enough to cut with a knife… it’s a given what will happen next. Sarzila will seduce him and then try to steal the blueprints… and seeing as you’re only halfway through the movie yet, she’ll probably succeed. Looking over at Leon, you can see his gaze quickly pulling away from you back to the screen. He is noticeable uncomfortable, as he nervously shifts in his seat trying to not look over at you.

>Leo wishes he was like Didacus Bond. Bond always turns and gets the antagonist gal, right? And the femme-fatale trying to steal the plans in this movie is a Serpens. We can totally figure out a way to work this angle, easy.
Well… this is your chance… it looks like they are going to start doing holo-vid false sex any second now…
>>
No. 810067 ID: be0718

Nah, he looks increasingly uncomfortable with this. Give the poor bird some space, he probably 'enjoys' this part and feels awkward doing so with you so close.
>>
No. 810083 ID: 91ee5f

>>810066
>his cold, metallic cybernetic hand
Huh? Was he wearing gloves before? Because I'm pretty sure we would've noticed that before now.

Is it just the one hand that's cybernetic or are both hands cybernetic?

>Looking over at Leon, you can see his gaze quickly pulling away from you back to the screen. He is noticeable uncomfortable, as he nervously shifts in his seat trying to not look over at you.
Scoot just a liiiittle closer so that your hip is touching him. If he asks you to scoot back over, then do so, but keep your tail around him.

And if he doesn't tell you to scoot back over, then think to yourself, "Yes, keep failing your will save against my curves. We both know that you want to.~"
>>
No. 810099 ID: 3ce125

>>810066
Maybe he thinks it's really an accident. Tell him you want to cuddle.
>>
No. 810101 ID: fe7355

He has a cybernetic hand? ...And looking back it looks like both of his hands are too. You have to wonder if he had the choice to replace them or if he lost his hands and needed these ones. Anyway, how much tactile sense do cybernetics of this type have? Is it possible he didn't sense your hand on his 'cause you didn't touch where the tactile sensors are? And that when he brought his hand back, he intentionally brushed against yours kinda like you did with his tail? ...Do you think he may not have much experience with dating rituals either and doesn't know how to proceed tactfully with you so he's being too subtle and cautious?

You're gonna have to make the move here, since Leo is either not picking up your signals or he doesn't know how to proceed and is being too cautious. Slide your tail end up over his lower thigh and start brushing its tip over the inside of his leg a bit. Don't go too far up his leg, just yet. Shift over so you're just leaning against him and put your arm behind his back. Lightly brush the middle of his back while you whisper to him that he wishes to be like Didacus at times, yes? Whisper that there's one more way he could be like Mr. Bond tonight, then pause to let that sink in. If he asks what you meant by "more," whisper besides handsome.
>>
No. 810134 ID: fc33ea

Wink the next time you catch him looking, then apply no further pressure for a while. See if he makes a move.
>>