[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 808120)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149756719886.png - (218.32KB , 1212x826 , Title Card.png )
808120 No. 808120 ID: 8a947d

When the low, heavy sky weighs like a lid on the spirit, aching for the light
And when, embracing the horizon
It pours on us a black day which is sadder than any night.
When the Earth is turned into a dripping dungeon
In which hope, like a bat, flutters blindly
And bruises its timid wing and tender head against the walls and rotted ceilings.
When the rain, stretching down its long streaks of water imitates the bars of an enormous prison.
And a silent throng of loathsome spiders come
And weave their webs inside our brains.
And suddenly the bells swing angrily
And hurl their hideous uproar into the sky like a band of wandering spirits, who wail relentlessly.
And long hearses, without drums, or music
Move in a slow procession through my soul.
And defeated hope bursts into tears.
And the fierce tyrant anguish
Sets his black banner on my bowed head´╗┐.


Wiki: https://tgchan.org/wiki/D3Quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 808122 ID: 8a947d
File 149756724803.png - (375.94KB , 1102x1653 , Veil over Olmec.png )
808122

New Olmec, a sprawling illustrious city in the desert of Moree, one that's been a around for years, one that has, sadly, become wrapped in the grip of the Regent Church. However despite all of this... The city is empty.
>>
No. 808123 ID: 8a947d
File 149756729043.png - (218.78KB , 1212x826 , Veil over Olmec 2.png )
808123

As you and your group continued through the gate there were no guards, no one manning the gate, no one greeting people through. Only empty rooms and quiet hallways.
There were no birds singing or animals barking and mewling, just silence, a silence that burned your ears and weighed heavy on your soul.
You look into the sky as you exit the empty registers building. Even the moon had an ominous glow too it, and the sky felt darker inside the cities walls. something is definitely wrong
>>
No. 808125 ID: 8a947d
File 149756732861.png - (325.76KB , 1102x1653 , Veil over Olmec 3.png )
808125

You reach the streets, also empty, and stop wandering after a while to stand and talk. Everyone's been so quiet it was starting to make you angry, you hate the unnatural silence, it makes you feel like you were in the deserted New Olmec alone.

Troy: Well? You see now right ? Something's definitely wrong with this damned city!

You: No, you were right Troy. This is too weird.

Issei: i smell very few people, a lot of them are corpses.

Troy: What !?

Issei: something's screwing with my smell, but i too can tell that something unnatural is at work.
>>
No. 808126 ID: 97bb2d

This is not good. Troy we're here for your woman, where is her place?
>>
No. 808135 ID: 3ce125

Yes, that's our first priority. Meet a friendly face and see if she knows what's going on.
>>
No. 808142 ID: fe7355

We're here for Troy's sister, so we head to her place first. You assume he has her address from her letters, that correct?

Take inventory of what you and your associates have. Make note of any stores you've seen and see that might have useful reagents or equipment that you can break into later.

You've already spent a bunch of blood and you're getting low, so using Aether Sight to try and locate the source of this unease would be wasteful. Perhaps a Voyeuristic Globule would be in order to recon? But would it be able to see immaterial or magical things? And you don't have the ingredients for it anyway. So what would be good for sniffing out where corpses.

Make sure everyone knows to take extra care with using fire while here. With nobody to man the fire brigade, New Olmec could go up like dry tinder if a building catches fire, spreading roof to roof. That means no plans that rely on open flames or magic or summons that make fire. You're a bit surprised half the place hasn't already burnt down from a accidentally tipped over candle or similar. And for that matter, why isn't there signs of panic or looting? It's like most of the population just up and vanished all at once.

How long ago did Troy lose contact with his sister? 'Cause if it's been a bit, undoubtedly other folks have lost contact with New Olmec too and some of them have come to investigate; Business associates, family members and so on. But none of them have come back from New Olmec, have they? That doesn't bode well for y'all.
>>
No. 808180 ID: 8a947d
File 149757691908.png - (104.88KB , 1212x826 , Troy.png )
808180

>>808135
>>808126
>>808142
The trek here is was a long one, you've recovered a lot of blood on the way (40oz). Voyeuristic Globules can only see physical threats, the Shadowmen on the airship were physical beings inside of something immaterial so you could see them. Besides the Globule has a range to it so you can't just scan the city it'd take too long.

Troy: I haven't heard from her in four weeks, she'd never go a week without mailin' me. I'm all the family she's got an vice versa. That and in the most recent letters she sounded worried 'bout somethin.

Troy: I know where she lives, I lead us here cuz it ain't far from her buildin' lets get the lead out and find her.

You: Troy, things look pretty bad here...are you even sure she's-

Troy: I said let's go Gallows.

Troy leads you around the alleys.
>>
No. 808184 ID: 3abd97

>>808180
Well, keep an eye out.

We're either here in time to help his kin or not. No use dwelling on it. If the worst happened, we'll deal with that when we get to it.
>>
No. 808185 ID: 97bb2d

Stay on your toes, keep and eye and ear out for any survivors along the way
>>
No. 808188 ID: 3ce125

If this is a zombie apocalypse I am going to be very annoyed.
>>
No. 808211 ID: 8a947d
File 149758455809.png - (501.74KB , 1102x1653 , Finding Troy's Sister 1.png )
808211

Troy begins to run towards his sister's building until you all reach an apartment complex, you pass the city's clock tower and notice that it reads 12:00 on the dot despite being much later than that.

Troy busts into the apartment entrance, abandoned like the rest of the city. He rushes up the steps and through the hall until he reaches his sister's room. The door is wide open.
>>
No. 808216 ID: 8a947d
File 149758504271.png - (141.33KB , 1212x826 , Finding Troy's Sister 2.png )
808216

Troy runs inside and begins to panic.

Troy: Oh shit, Oh shit... APRIL!? APRIL!

You notice as he runs into her bedroom that there's rotting food and the furniture is covered in dust, there are no bugs however. Its almost like life has just stopped existing in the city. There's no sign of struggle however.

Troy comes back out of Aprils room, he's very visibly panicking now.

Troy: She left with nothin', her purse, her effects, all still in her room. Ain't no blood or broken bits of furniture, she's just up and gone.

Troy: B-But she couldn't have just left on her own! the doors wide open! What's goin' on here !?
>>
No. 808220 ID: 3abd97

...can we summon a demon that can track? Lots of personal effects with sentimental value to use as a focus. Probably some hairs if we check her pillow or find her comb.

Can we use the Globule as a bloodhound? Or maybe the Aquatic Stalker?
>>
No. 808230 ID: 3ce125

"hunter killer hawk" sounds like something that could track? We still have the materials to summon one, right? Actually we didn't get any descriptions of the summons aside from the globule, gnat, and gluttony. Can we get some?
>>
No. 808231 ID: 3ce125

Oh, since Lisa isn't here I guess it's time to try the location of the pagan colony?
>>
No. 808238 ID: fe7355

Tell Tory you don't know. It's like everyone up and vanished, like a summon that was de-summoned. ...Or they just up and walked away from what they were doing all at the same time and didn't come back.

You're thinkin' you need to find somebody who was here at the time it all went down. Issei said he could smell very few live people, but that's still more than zero. Find one of 'em and question 'em.

You also should find the Pagan colony that was, and you hope still is, in this city. If weird, crazy magic and paranormal shit went down, they might have been able to hide from or resist it.
>>
No. 808242 ID: 094652

Check the other rooms, see if they also ring the same tune. If they do, we can rule out a classic kidnapping; a master assassin could pull off such a caper, but multiplied on the whole city and its infrastructure, there's little need to leave such a cleanliness.

Which means we're dealing with a mass spell, something that would charm everyone to take the path of least resistance to their doom, or something that would grab them all with surgical precision. While the energy cost would be high, there was enough preparation time and laboratory space in this low-crime city to pull this off. Or maybe she survived, but that would mean she went on a walk or ran without anything but possibly the clothes on her back. Very unlikely.
>>
No. 808248 ID: 91ee5f

>>808216
Slap him in the face and tell him to calm down because panicking won't help!

Since this is one of the Church's towns, do you think they had something to do with what's going on here?

Make sure you grab things that can be used as ingredients for summons while you're searching the town.

Do you think going to the roof of the tallest building in town and then using Aether Sight to look down at the whole town will help?

Also, what business did you have here in town, Gallows? Because from the looks of things, you ain't gonna be getting any business done!
>>
No. 808253 ID: 8a947d
File 149759109724.png - (157.87KB , 1212x826 , Finding Troy's Sister 3.png )
808253

You: Troy! Troy! Calm down! Don't panic okay? That's the worst thing to do here.

You: Now listen, something beyond the mortal realm of possibility did this. It's some sort of magic ritual or god bullshit, got it?

You: This food's been out for possibly weeks but hasn't attracted a single fly to it. There are no spider webs anywhere!

You: Somethings caused everything to disappear from this city. I doubt well ever find April searching conventionally, but before we jump to conclusions we should search the rest of the rooms for anything else, okay?

Troy: Y-Yeah... we gotta keep lookin'

You: I came here to speak to the Pagan colony in the city, so if we can't find anything else through searching this place we'll go there and see if they're still there, okay?

Troy: Right, Lets go

You, Troy, and Issei begin to search rooms. Lots of doors were left opened and non of the rooms show sign of struggle, they all match the previous scene with no new evidence. From the rooms you take a statue carrying a shard of Amethyst, an Amethyst necklace, a Ruby Ring and a Silver Hand Mirror. All that's left is to head for the pagan colony.
>>
No. 808261 ID: 094652

>amethyst necklace
Jackpot! Don't spend it all at once.

Well, actually, you could invest further. I'm surprised this town wasn't looted by other adventurers by now. So spend a few shards on weak collectors and have them grab all the components they can get their greedy little paws on.
>>
No. 808262 ID: 3ce125

>>808253
Nice looting. We need a second ruby still, but the amethyst and mirror helps for sure.

So um, can we get descriptions of what your other summons do?
>>
No. 808393 ID: 8a947d
File 149765415812.png - (342.02KB , 1212x826 , Finding Troy's Sister 4.png )
808393

>>808261
The Amethyst Necklace has 3 Shards on it bringing you to four Amethyst Shards all together. It's a good amount.



>>808262
From what you have to summon:
The Aquatic Stalker is a small but fast carnivorous fish able to bit clean through bone, can be summoned out of water but can only flop around.

The Bulwark Brute is a large slow moving beast that can block bullets, but its weak from behind.

The Living Pyre is a moving being made of pure flame. Weak to water, obviously, and any fire it spreads is uncontrollable.

The Hunter-Killer Hawk is fast flying and can shoot bolts of explosive energy from the space between it's horns ( You didn't get to see this last time you summoned it since you were knocked out of the air so quickly)

And the Serpentine Vanguard is a large snake like creature with viscous teeth covered in strong armor. Though it will not attack you or your allies after it is summoned it will do as it wishes.
>>
No. 808394 ID: 8a947d
File 149765484421.png - (188.32KB , 1212x826 , Finding Troy's Sister 5.png )
808394

You continue through the city, looking at other buildings and noticing that their doors have also been left open. All of the occupants must of just gotten up and left... It sounds ridiculous but you can't think of anything else.

Troy: You know where these pagans are right ? You think they can fix this ?

You: I'm not even sure what THIS is Troy. This whole thing is insane, impossible !

Issei: you two...look at that building.

Issei points you at a flower boutique, the window's been defaced and the front door's been kicked in. on the window in what is, thankfully, red pain is written "HE CAME EARLY!". Troy speaks up

Troy: I know this place... I bought April flowers from here.

You: This is the only building with a kicked in door, and the inside is in shambles. Do you know anything about the owner ?

Troy:... She's young woman who inherited it from her folks, she's blind and owned a seeing eye dog. Not much else besides that...
>>
No. 808402 ID: 3ce125

>>808394
Maybe whatever happened required sight to be caught by. Like some kind of hypnotizing light?

Maybe we should find someone who's dead, and look at their wounds. It'll give us an idea of what did this-- man or beast.
>>
No. 808403 ID: 3abd97

>>808394
Well, it's different from the rest of the town so far. Let's check it out.
>>
No. 808406 ID: 91ee5f

>>808394
Well, if someplace is different from all the others, that usually means that there's something important in there. And seeing as this is the only place that's got a kicked in door and has been defaced, there might actually be something in there. Let's go take a look.
>>
No. 808432 ID: 8a947d
File 149766412966.png - (51.22KB , 1212x826 , Edi's Boutique.png )
808432

You: Do you think whatever caused this needed the victim to see, and that's why this woman had to be forced out ?

Troy: That's all we got to go on, seems like it

You go inside the boutique. There are scuff marks on the ground presumably where the girl was dragged out, and one of the table's has been broken. All of the flowers inside are dead, and any of the documents or notes all pertain to flower orders or other business subjects. There is an Obsidian Earring on the ground.

You move back out to the front and examine the graffiti on the window.

You:"HE CAME EARLY ?" What could that mean...

You: Let's keep going, Troy you're more familiar with New Olmec do you know where Kaiden Center is?... Troy?
>>
No. 808433 ID: 8a947d
File 149766417746.png - (126.17KB , 1212x826 , Gone.png )
808433

Troy is nowhere in sight...
>>
No. 808438 ID: 91ee5f

>>808433
Did he just run off on his own?! I hope that's what happened, otherwise.....whatever did this is still here.

Issei is right behind you, ask him where Troy went and ask why he didn't try to stop Troy. But if Troy was taken, then ask Issei what happened and why he wasn't taken.
>>
No. 808450 ID: 3ce125

>>808433
If Issei didn't see Troy leave, could he track Troy by scent?
>>
No. 808453 ID: 8a947d
File 149767136772.png - (106.63KB , 1212x826 , Gone 2.png )
808453

You: Issei! Where's Troy ?!

Issei: i was looking at the writing on the store window, i didn't notice him leave.

You: Can you smell him at all ?

Issei:... yes, a little. he's this way hurry !

Issei sprints forward down the city streets twisting and weaving into alleyways and over stair steps. He stops occasionally to sniff for Troy getting more frustrated each time.

Issei: the smell of corpses is only getting stronger! but... i can tell Troys this way!

Issei leads down another path, the dark city streets becoming more and more maze-like as you follow. Issei stops and points at an alleyway

Issei: there! Troy's down there!
>>
No. 808454 ID: 97bb2d

Draw arms! Be ready for anything!
>>
No. 808458 ID: 91ee5f

>>808453
I don't know if that's Troy or someone else, but whoever that is seems to have some sort of outline around them.

Well, let's try to see what's going on. Use Aether Sight!
>>
No. 808459 ID: 3ce125

Wait, look out, there's something in the alley!
>>
No. 808463 ID: 91ee5f

>>808459
We already know that. That's what Issei is pointing at!
>>
No. 808468 ID: 8a947d
File 149767570606.png - (54.78KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway.png )
808468

>>808458
You use Aether Sight (40 oz==>30 oz) and- OH GOD EVERYTHING'S RED, FUCK THAT HURTS YOUR EYES. It...Your Aether Sight is registering the entire city as a threat! the FUCKING AIR is being registered as threatening and it hurts your brain, you don't have time to think about you continue forward and grasp for Troy.
>>
No. 808469 ID: 8a947d
File 149767575967.png - (120.39KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 2.png )
808469

You reach for him and grab...nothing. Its a shadow...its YOUR shadow.

What the hell?
>>
No. 808472 ID: 97bb2d

Oh crap... is Issei still with you?
>>
No. 808473 ID: 91ee5f

>>808468
Please tell me that doesn't mean the whole town is cursed!

>>808469
Try touching the wall to see if it's an illusion.

Wait.....there's only one shadow.....and the light source is behind you to cast your shadow in front of you.....and Issei is also supposed to be behind you.....right? So, where's Issei's shadow?!

Don't tell me he's gone too! DX
>>
No. 808480 ID: 3ce125

>>808469
I think we'd better just get the hell out of this town.

Is there another Pagan colony you can go to?
>>
No. 808490 ID: 91ee5f

>>808480
We can't leave without our teammates! Because, let's be honest, if they weren't with us, that voodoo worm woulda killed us! And if we leave, then odds are the next thing the voodoo guys send after us is gonna be a pain in the ass without Troy and Issei to back us up.

So, I guess we'd better start looking!
>>
No. 808495 ID: 6e0151

The town is ALIVE. This is some Apex-level voodoo, but the city itself is one big demon or curse monster.

Summon a flying creature before the ground swallows you!
>>
No. 808541 ID: 8a947d
File 149772176070.png - (284.13KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 4.png )
808541

>>808480
>>808490
You don't have any other plan than the pagan's in New Olmec and even if you did you can't leave without Troy.

>>808495
Just because the whole town is registered as a threat by Aether Sight doesn't mean it's alive, that's ridiculous.

You go to regroup with Iss-OW! what the...
>>
No. 808543 ID: 8a947d
File 149772179972.png - (85.99KB , 890x764 , The Alleyway 5.png )
808543

There's another wall blocking your exit of the Alley.
>>
No. 808544 ID: 8a947d
File 149772186427.png - (85.17KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 3.png )
808544

Issei: Roland!...Roland, that's the wrong alley way. Troy's down this...

Issei: Roland?
>>
No. 808545 ID: 0d45a9

Yell so Issei can hear you. Tell him you're behind the wall, and that this entire town is dangerous.
>>
No. 808562 ID: 91ee5f

>>808544
Start banging on the wall and yelling to let Issei know where you are!

Or you can just aim your gun straight up and fire a single bullet. That should be loud enough for Issei to hear!

If you don't hear anything from Issei after a while, then summon something that can smash through walls and bust out of here!
>>
No. 808587 ID: 8a947d
File 149772905015.png - (189.03KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 6.png )
808587

>>808545
You: ISSEI!...ISSEEEIII!!!

There's no response, you look up and notice their's a ceiling on the small room your in... the very, very small room... the minuscule inescapable room.

you feel like you're going to throw up...
>>
No. 808588 ID: 8a947d
File 149772912007.png - (153.53KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 7.png )
808588

you feel the room shake, the ceiling begins to descend on you getting smaller and smaller
>>
No. 808591 ID: 3ce125

>>808588
Okay, do you have any viscera left from the horse? A Flagellum should be able to hold the ceiling up or bash through the wall. Alternatively, do you have something Tough?

It's possible this trapped city is feeding off your fear. Try to calm down.
>>
No. 808593 ID: 91ee5f

>>808588
OH SHIT!!!!!

I'm thinking either summoning the Demon Flagellum or the Bulwark Brute to smash through the wall and get us out of here!

Quickly, summon the one you have the materials for!
>>
No. 808616 ID: 8a947d
File 149773480261.png - (172.29KB , 1212x826 , The Alleyway 8.png )
808616

>>808593
>>808591

Your chest is tightening up, but maybe you can summon something to help you. Your reach for your backpack, but don't find any ingredients or items. Just blood filling the sack to the brim.

But there is something floating to the top of your sack, what is that ?...
>>
No. 808617 ID: 2c4dc5

>>808616
No time to waste, grab it!
>>
No. 808621 ID: 3ce125

It's probably the AZERITE.
>>
No. 808624 ID: 91ee5f

>>808616
>Just blood filling the sack to the brim.
That's actually useful! Now you don't need to use your blood to use Aether Sight! Which I recommend using to see if there's a fake wall or a switch or something to stop all of this!

>>808617
This!
>>
No. 808634 ID: 8a947d
File 149773673813.png - (100.11KB , 1089x717 , The Alleyway 9.png )
808634

>>808624
Aether Sight only registers the city as a threat, you can't see anything other than red when you activate it.

>>808621
>>808617
You grab whatever it is... You hold it up and look at it... Its an eyeball
>>
No. 808636 ID: 8a947d
File 149773680341.png - (105.29KB , 1122x826 , The Alleyway 10.png )
808636

it's YOUR right eyeball
>>
No. 808649 ID: 8d4593

Alright. You are in an illusion. Don't panic.
A red light is shining. Find it's source.
>>
No. 808651 ID: 3ce125

>>808636
Okay, I see what's going on. The entire city is blanketed in illusion magic. What you need to do is close your working eye and see out of your blind eye, like the shop owner did.
>>
No. 808657 ID: b809a3

It's impossible for your right eye to be there...
you cannot trust what you see anymore, so you should close your remaining eye.
>>
No. 808658 ID: 3abd97

>>808636
How... can you tell its yours? I'm not sure I would recognize one of my eyeballs outside of my head.
>>
No. 808659 ID: 91ee5f

>>808651
This makes sense! Unwrap your right eye and close your left eye!
>>
No. 808683 ID: 8a947d
File 149774470920.png - (124.77KB , 1066x772 , The Alleyway 11.png )
808683

>>808651
>>808657
>>808659
You don't have a blind eye to see out of! your right eye's been gone for years, plucked out.

>>808658
You just... You can feel it, theres a puncture mark in the side where it was torn out. You know its yours

The ceiling stops just above your head, there's no more movement in the small... small room, all you can hear now is your heavy breathing. You feel the walls around you, the ceiling, and the floor but feel no indents or anything.

Your heartbeat starts to sputter as the room gets darker and darker as an indiscernible light source begins to fade leaving you in darkness. It's getting harder to breath.
>>
No. 808692 ID: b809a3

Voyeuristic Globule can only discern solid things, so they shouldn't be deterred by illusions, since they can't see them in the first place.
>>
No. 808701 ID: 91ee5f

>>808692
He can't summon anything.

See here: >>808616 .
>don't find any ingredients or items.

>>808683
>You don't have a blind eye to see out of! your right eye's been gone for years, plucked out.
It's right there in your hand. Close your left eye and maybe you can see out of your right eye in your hand.

But seriously, what the fuck are we supposed to do?! DX
>>
No. 808703 ID: b809a3

>>808701
He can't find them. He didn't put them out of the bag, so the ingredients are there regardless of what he's seeing right now.
>>
No. 808707 ID: 8a947d
File 149774912186.png - (67.81KB , 1212x826 , Smaller.png )
808707

>>808703
There's only dried blood in you bag, nothing else.

It gets quiet, the same silence you heard before only more intense. The sheer lack of sound drills at the back of your head.
>>
No. 808708 ID: 8a947d
File 149774923679.png - (37.30KB , 1212x826 , and Smaller.png )
808708

The booming silence mixed with the small room sends you over the edge, you panic. you cover your ears in a futile attempt to block it out.
>>
No. 808709 ID: 8a947d
File 149774929464.png - (9.45KB , 1212x826 , and Even Smaller.png )
808709

you drop to your knee's shaking. There's nothing you can do, there's nothing.
>>
No. 808711 ID: 8a947d
File 149774939459.png - (3.90KB , 1212x826 , Trapped.png )
808711

You're going to die in this hole.
>>
No. 808713 ID: b809a3

>>808711
I remember you having a bit of a strong opinion concerning inevitable design.
Was it... People like you burn fate.
>>
No. 808716 ID: 8a947d
File 149775000348.png - (3.28KB , 1212x826 , Darkness.png )
808716

>>808713
The darkness is heavier then any night you've faced, you can't escape. Why would you want too ?

HE CAME EARLY! HE CAME EARLY JUST FOR YOU
>>
No. 808717 ID: 8a947d
File 149775002139.png - (3.28KB , 1212x826 , Darkness.png )
808717

...
>>
No. 808718 ID: 8a947d
File 149775009214.png - (3.73KB , 1212x826 , Oww.png )
808718

Oww.... Ow,Ow,Ow. Your head's killing you. Everything dark.. where are you?
>>
No. 808720 ID: 0d45a9

No idea, this whole city is wrong, just wrong. Are you feeling ok? It looked like you got overwhelmed by some kind of fear spell or something.

I can't see anything either, try feeling your way around?
>>
No. 808721 ID: b809a3

>>808718
Any spells/summons that help?
Do you have your ingredients back?
>>
No. 808722 ID: 91ee5f

Feel around your body to make sure you've still got your clothes and your bag. Most importantly, make sure you've still got your Azerite!

Wait, doesn't Azerite glow a little? Think maybe it would be enough to see in the dark?
>>
No. 808732 ID: 8a947d
File 149775190708.png - (3.93KB , 1212x826 , Wandering Eye.png )
808732

>>808722
>>808720
You feel fine now, you don't know what got you but next thing you knew you're here! You feel around the room a little for a switch or something... oh wait, there's a light switch hanging from the ceiling.
>>
No. 808734 ID: 8a947d
File 149775201199.png - (103.41KB , 1212x826 , Surprise.png )
808734

That's better!
>>
No. 808739 ID: 0d45a9

Urm, dunno how to put it to you, but it looks like you're in Issei's body. Mind swap magic, IDK, things ain't right here.

What's on the table next to you?
>>
No. 808741 ID: 91ee5f

>>808732
Oh good, you're alive! Now let's-

>>808734
ISSEI?!?! HOLY FUCK!!!!!

.....well, let's check the table to see what's there.

Wait! Check your pockets! Someone might've stolen your strawberries!
>>
No. 808744 ID: 91ee5f

>>808739
Or maybe we just switched characters? Quests do that sometimes.
>>
No. 808746 ID: 3583d1

Wait wut? What happened? Issei, Roland is trapped somewhere! We gotta find him!
>>
No. 808756 ID: 8a947d
File 149775641492.png - (191.78KB , 910x826 , Issei Stat Sheet.png )
808756

>>808739
>>808744
Mind-swaps? No no, you are quite yourself.

You are Issei. you've traveled far and wide through out Second Helchaim but have never seen a catastrophe as odd as the one you've currently stumbled into. your new companion ,Troy, had disappeared and you were attacked while searching for him with Roland who had vanished seemingly into thin air as well.

You have no magical or godly abilities like Roland or Troy, but your less than human physiology makes up for it. The strength and speed of you and your tendrils gives you a leg up against other normal humans, but you can tell what's going on here is something you will struggle with. What ever forces are at work here is dulling your senses and doing who knows what else.

You try not to get to attached to people, but ultimately fail at every turn; So at the moment you seek to find your vanished companions and escape or fix or whatever this forsaken city.
>>
No. 808761 ID: 3583d1

>>808756
Issei, do you smell Troy or Roland anywhere?
>>
No. 808762 ID: 8a947d
File 149775701611.png - (63.65KB , 977x802 , Letter.png )
808762

>>808741
You check your inventory:

You have

A 1/3 Bag of Strawberries
A Large Burlap Sack
A Pocket-watch
and A Copy of Into the Wild

You check the desk next to you, there are many tools and bits for machinery but what catches your eye is the note left for you.

"Dear Friend

You are obviously not human, you have not succumbed to his power yet. You were attacked by a victim in the middle of the streets but I saved you and brought back to my shop. I had created a way to stave of his control but have run out of ingredients to create it, I will soon come under his control and be a threat to you. As such I am barricading myself in the backroom and leaving you the supplies I have, it's not much but its better than nothing. The recipe for the mind protection m3thod and the supplies aRE in my workshop, y u are currently in my storeroom.

/ don't know whYy you are in New Olmec, but y0u should leave as soon as poSsible. TherEs nothing we can dO...

HE CAME EARLY.

>>
No. 808767 ID: 91ee5f

>>808762
>You are obviously not human, you have not succumbed to his power yet.
Huh, looks like not being human is a good thing.....for now.

>You were attacked by a victim
I guess this means a random citizen attacked you? Or maybe it was Roland and/or Troy that attacked you? It sounds like these people are being controlled somehow.

>I had created a way to stave of his control
That's good, we could use some help to find-

>but have run out of ingredients to create it, I will soon come under his control and be a threat to you.
Oh. Never mind.

>As such I am barricading myself in the backroom and leaving you the supplies I have, it's not much but its better than nothing.
Ok, so don't let that guy out and get the supplies.

>The recipe for the mind protection m3thod and the supplies aRE in my workshop, y u are currently in my storeroom.
Let's get that recipe and- wait, why is his handwriting starting to- oh, right, falling under control.

>/ don't know whYy you are in New Olmec, but y0u should leave as soon as poSsible. TherEs nothing we can dO...
Now don't say that. Because we can't leave without our buddies!

>HE CAME EARLY.
Who the fuck is he?! Because so far the only thing he's made me want to do is MAKE HIM SUFFER SO MUCH THAT HE'LL BEG FOR THE SWEET MERCY OF DEATH!!!!!
>>
No. 808775 ID: 3ce125

>>808767
Jeez calm down.

>>808762
Check the recipe, collect what ingredients are left and let's start looking for the rest. We need enough to treat at least two people.
Optimally we should just kill whoever's doing this. Then the whole city should snap out of it. We don't know who's doing it yet though... if he's a god, it's gonna be hard to kill him.
>>
No. 808782 ID: 8a947d
File 149776739330.png - (165.77KB , 1212x826 , Workshop.png )
808782

>>808775
You exit the storeroom and enter into the workroom. To your right you see a table with a Shotgun, a Supply Bag, and an Ingredients List. you take them all despite being unskilled with firearms, and notice the door next to the table is shaking violently; behind it you here mad gibbering and laughing.

Inside of the Supply Bag is...

A Roll of Bandages
10 Shotgun Shells
and 2 Jars of Strawberry Preserves!

You take the Ingredients List, it's hastily scrawled, but still legible. It reads...

- 20 Pounds of Chopped Eel
- 2 Bleeding Tooth Mushrooms
- 3 Cups of Sugar
1.) Boil water in vat for 15 minutes
2.) Add Sugar then stir
3.) Gradually Add Eel chunks, continue to stir
4.) Drop whole Bleeding Tooth mushrooms into pot
5.) Let cool then soak small rag no bigger than your hand in the mixture.
( Rub into any functional eyes of the afflicted, Good for treating up to 3 people.)
>>
No. 808783 ID: 5d9e7d

Make a note of where this place is, you should help this guy out when you have everything you need and find the rest of your group.
>>
No. 808784 ID: 91ee5f

>>808782
You may not be skilled in firearms, but what about using bladed weapons? Because those things hanging above the table look like swords and I'm sure you could use those!

>(Rub into any functional eyes of the afflicted, Good for treating up to 3 people.)
Looks like Roland's guess about needing to see in order to be affected was right. This does explain what happened to the blind flower shop lady.

Speaking of Roland, do you have any guesses on why he's always got his right eye covered? Oh, well. You'll just have to hold him and Troy down in order to rub this stuff in their eyes.

Although, that guys note said you'd be unaffected for now, so maybe you make this stuff, you should rub some of it in your eyes also.
>>
No. 808787 ID: 3ce125

>>808782
Can you use bladed weapons? Those look like a whole bunch of sharp things.

Also, keys. Lots of keys. Sure to be useful.
>>
No. 808880 ID: 8a947d
File 149782351631.png - (267.47KB , 1212x788 , On the streets.png )
808880

>Sharp Weapons
A lot of the tools hanging from the wall are heavy and awkward to wield, it's obvious they're not meant to be used as weapons. Besides, your tendrils should be good enough weapons.

> rub some of it in your eyes
You don't really have "eyes" they're just parts of your mouth you shape to look like eyes, Roland has stated on several occasions how odd they look. You aren't really sure how you see, you just do.

You exit the workshop, the chaos is more obvious in this part of the city, dried blood and more graffiti. You see an area map in front of the workshop.

Nearby there's:
An Apothecary
A Meat Market
and A Bakery

Each one should have an ingredient you need for the recipe, where should you go first?
>>
No. 808884 ID: 9876c4

Let's get the eels last, in case exposure to the air affects their potency. I say get the sugar first.
>>
No. 808888 ID: 91ee5f

>>808880
Let's go to the bakery to get some sugar.
>>
No. 808910 ID: 8a947d
File 149783087058.png - (123.57KB , 1212x788 , Bakery.png )
808910

>Bakery

You head to the bakery. Troy and Roland were very obviously disturbed by the total lack of noise in the city, but you aren't necessarily concerned by it. The fact that you can't hear any of your heartbeats is a little disconcerting at times however.

You arrive at the front of the bakery.
>>
No. 808911 ID: 8a947d
File 149783098573.png - (145.75KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 2.png )
808911

You enter the building, the smell of rotting cakes and treats is revolting, The sight of the rotten strawberries on the cakes breaks your hearts a, and a table has been knocked over in the corner.

You're sure there's some sugar in the back so... Something moving behind the front desk.
>>
No. 808913 ID: 3ce125

>>808911
Well, the victims here can be cured. Use your strength to restrain whoever it is, don't kill them.
>>
No. 808918 ID: 9876c4

There's gentle takedowns, and ones that are less so. People still survive the latter, just with more broken bones.

Try not to hurt, but mostly, try not to get hurt.
>>
No. 808920 ID: be0718

Immobilize it with your tentacle cuddles.
>>
No. 808924 ID: 97bb2d

What do you smell? Anything?
>>
No. 808935 ID: 91ee5f

>>808911
>The sight of the rotten strawberries on the cakes breaks your hearts
No! Not the strawberries! D8

>Something moving behind the front desk.
Unfortunately, you're not going to be sneaking up on them. They already know you're here because of the bell that rang when you opened the door!

>>808924
>Smell anything?
He just said that he smells rotting cakes and treats and said that smell is revolting.
>>
No. 808936 ID: fe7355

Any people in this city are presumably controlled by a hostile entity while they themselves may not be "rotten" by your standards. You'd prefer not to kill them, but if they attack you you'd have no choice but to defend yourself. Furthermore, they may have abilities or powers channeled through them from said hostile entity. Following from both of these, the best course of action would be to avoid interaction if possible.

The bell on the door has already given your position away, so don't continue forward. Instead head around the back of the bakery and look for a back entrance. Check corners and watch out for any other effected people on the way. Look in any windows on the way as well.

>>808913
We may not be able to secure enough ingredients for more than three people; That's Roland, Troy and Troy's sister. That means avoiding contact with anyone else if possible should be the way to go for now.
>>
No. 808940 ID: 91ee5f

>>808936
>Furthermore, they may have abilities or powers channeled through them from said hostile entity.
Ah, shit. I just thought of something. What if whoever's being controlled is the one with the powers? That would mean we've got to deal with Roland's summons/Aether Sight/Stun Spike and Troy's Jet Black whenever we go to rub this stuff in their eyes!

>Instead head around the back of the bakery and look for a back entrance.
Well, whoever is there in the front isn't just going to let Issei walk away, so if we're going around back, there's a chance this guy will follow.

>We may not be able to secure enough ingredients for more than three people; That's Roland, Troy and Troy's sister. That means avoiding contact with anyone else if possible should be the way to go for now.
No, that guy wasn't talking about using the medicine to cure everyone. He was talking about taking out whoever's controlling everyone in order to cure everyone.
>>
No. 808945 ID: 8a947d
File 149783969655.png - (100.04KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 3.png )
808945

He already know's your here, the bell gave you away. Right now you feel its best to approach whoever's back there.

You step forward slowly

You: hello? is there somebody back there ?

???: O-Oh? Just a moment...
>>
No. 808946 ID: 8a947d
File 149783981710.png - (102.76KB , 1060x814 , Bakery 4.png )
808946

???: Hello! Hah! I do not work here if that's what you were looking for, I am simply on a mission from our glorious guest!

???: You are new to New Olmec I assume? Heheheheh. You've come at a wonderful time! We are in celebration!
>>
No. 808947 ID: 8a947d
File 149784004714.png - (82.39KB , 993x825 , Bakery 5.png )
808947

His eyes are...different, and that's coming from you. They look human, just a little too human. His head rocks back and forward like his neck is unsupported, and he's swaying so off balanced that it looks like he could fall over at any minute...

???: Have you witnessed him f-friend? Can you believe he's here? Somebody l-like him would be so busy, so caught up in his own w-work, but he's here! for us! and early of all things! He came early just for us !

???: So... why are y-you not celebrating with the rest us?
>>
No. 808948 ID: 9876c4

how fortuitous- please tell us of your local celebration. and festival!

I'm not from around here, and I don't know what to do! I wouldn't want to offend my hosts.
>>
No. 808949 ID: 3ce125

>>808947
Don't be fooled. You were knocked unconscious by someone just like this guy. Don't lower your guard.

Ask him who came early.
>>
No. 808951 ID: fc33ea

...Where is the celebration?
>>
No. 808955 ID: 91ee5f

Is that blood on him? I have a feeling that's not strawberry jam on him.
>>
No. 808956 ID: 3abd97

>So... why are y-you not celebrating with the rest us?
...because I'm hungry.
>>
No. 808959 ID: 8a947d
File 149784256478.png - (94.72KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 6.png )
808959

You: i-i simply...got lost on the way over, yes i have forgotten where the celebration is being held and need directions...

???: W-what?! How, HOW, h-how could you get lost? Can't you HEAR him? His sickly s-sweet voice urging you towards his festivities ?

You: uhh...who is "him" ? who exactly came early ?
>>
No. 808960 ID: 8a947d
File 149784264372.png - (78.21KB , 945x800 , Bakery 7(1).png )
808960

???: W-What?! W-What do you mean who ? You haven't heard him!? Y-You...
>>
No. 808961 ID: 8a947d
File 149784270543.png - (88.04KB , 945x800 , Bakery 7(2).png )
808961

???:YOU HAVEN'T WITNESSED HIM?! HIS GLORY?! YOU HAVE NOT GAZED UPON THE NOTHING THAT IS HIS VISAGE ?!
>>
No. 808962 ID: 8a947d
File 149784275216.png - (142.47KB , 945x800 , Bakery 7(3).png )
808962

???: HE CAME EARLY JUST FOR US AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD HIS VOICE ?!?!
>>
No. 808964 ID: be0718

Ha haa mistaaaake

When talking to an insane man, smile and nod Yes to everything. Try to salvage this situation and say of course you have heard his glorious insistations, it just echoed around and about so much that you lost track of which doors had walls.
>>
No. 808965 ID: 3ce125

Tell him you were just joking.
>>
No. 808966 ID: 91ee5f

Hey, Issei, I know you don't know much about humans, but normally they don't cry blood.

So I suggest saying, "Well, if it's a celebration, then what're you standing around for?! Get a cake! We can't have a celebration without a cake!"

If that doesn't work, try saying, "Hey, isn't that him right behind you?" while pointing behind him. When he turns to look, bash him over the head to knock him out!

Buuuuut, if that also doesn't work, then just shove past him and make a run for the back! Getting that sugar is your highest priority!
>>
No. 808967 ID: fc33ea

Apply some FIST directly to the forehead to calm him down.
>>
No. 808989 ID: 49c9d4

"Well actually, I've been hearing this grating voice all day that said 'I am here and I want my cake where is my cake eat the cake so I can taste it' over and over so now I'm here in this cake store. I don't think that was him... right?"

Back away as the civilian proceeds to gorge himself on rotted pastries.
>>
No. 809018 ID: 8a947d
File 149788659587.png - (221.93KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 8.png )
809018

You: uhh wait! i was just joking! his voice was just... uhmmm... he already told me t-ACK!

You aren't WITTY enough to quickly salvage your blunder!

The strange man grabs you with his... arm ?
>>
No. 809019 ID: 8a947d
File 149788671306.png - (441.20KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 9.png )
809019

???:HE CAME ALL THIS WAY TO BLESS US WITH HIS GRACE, EVEN COMING EARLY DESPITE HOW MUCH HE MUST DO; AND YOU STILL DON'T GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES ?

he flings you across th room.
>>
No. 809021 ID: 8a947d
File 149788677468.png - (238.29KB , 1212x826 , Bakery 10.png )
809021

You're not sure whats happening to this poor man, but you're sure the time for tact is over.
>>
No. 809023 ID: 91ee5f

Pull out your tendrils and whip him! Whip him good!
>>
No. 809024 ID: 3583d1

Stab him through the heart! NO ONE DISRESPECTS THE CONSUMER OF THE ROTTEN!
>>
No. 809078 ID: 173b46

I'm guessing Issei's primary stats are strength and charisma.

Pound this screwball into the floor.
>>
No. 809083 ID: 49c9d4

Those arms are made of blood! Blood is mostly water and easily infected blood cells! Throw the rotten cakes into his arms and let the diseases fester!
>>
No. 809101 ID: 3ce125

Those arms are made out of blood! EAT THEM!
>>
No. 809103 ID: 8a947d
File 149790641559.png - (269.69KB , 1212x826 , Bakery Fight 1.png )
809103

>I'm guessing Issei's primary stats are strength and charisma.

Being a tall gangly barely human creature with fake looking eye tends to turn people off. Your STRENGTH is high however.

The Blood Arms leaps at you.

>Pound this screwball into the floor.
You can fight this creature head on.
(Roll 1d20 adding 9 from your STRENGTH Success= 18)

>Throw the rotten cakes
Grabbing something to help you fight off the Blood Arms is possible, there's plenty of stuff lying around to bash him with.
(Roll 1d20 adding 7 from your AGILITY Success= 22 )
>>
No. 809108 ID: 3ce125

rolled 16 + 9 = 25

>>809103
Again, I say eat the arms. (rolling strength)
>>
No. 809109 ID: 5d9e7d

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

>>809103
Issei, you're unnervingly charming. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Rolling for direct attack.
>>
No. 809173 ID: 8a947d
File 149791666287.png - (512.38KB , 1212x826 , Bakery Fight 2.png )
809173

>rolled 16 + 9 = 25

You STRENGTH allows you to perfectly deflect the Blood Arms' attacks for long enough to find an opening...
>>
No. 809174 ID: 8a947d
File 149791692471.png - (520.74KB , 1212x826 , Bakery Fight 3.png )
809174

And strike with your TENTACLE SPEAR attack to stab through him and finish the fight! The man struggles on your tentacles before going completely motionless.

You didn't want to have to kill him, but thing's had escalated to an odd point. You couldn't smell his soul, almost like something else was taking up it's space and masking it's stench.
>>
No. 809179 ID: 97bb2d

They are probably not very good eating...
>>
No. 809207 ID: 8a947d
File 149792094267.png - (122.43KB , 1212x826 , Jelly and Jam.png )
809207

>>809179
Yeah probably not, luckily you have two jars of Strawberry Preserves to tie you over for this.

You look around the back of the Bakery and find a Sack of Sugar. You return to the front and go through the dead man's corpse, he has 50G and a Ruby Ring; he won't be needing those anymore. You rummage through the Bakery's front desk and find 120G, giving you 170G on hand.

Now you have the sugar, next is the Bleeding Tooth Mushroom and the Chopped Eel.

Where to next ? You can go to The Meat Market or The Apothecary
>>
No. 809210 ID: 91ee5f

>>809207
Let's go to the Apothecary for the mushroom.

Also, if that guy's soul wasn't in there, let's hope that because Roland and Troy are newly infected, you'll be able to get to them with this medicine before their souls get replaced also!
>>
No. 809214 ID: 97bb2d

>>809210
Replaced? How about we try and get them BACK.
>>
No. 809215 ID: 0d45a9

Mushrooms next I think. If convenient drop off the sugar somewhere, you wouldn't want it to spill everywhere if the bag split.
>>
No. 809221 ID: 91ee5f

>>809214
That's what I said! Cure them with the medicine before their souls get replaced!
>>
No. 809238 ID: 8a947d
File 149792819881.png - (221.58KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 1.png )
809238

>Souls get replaced
Their souls weren't replaced, it was like something else just sort of nested in next to it and suppressed the original soul. You should still hurry to save Troy and Roland.

>Apothecary
You drop the sugar off at the workshop and head for the Apothecary. You're on edge after the attack at the bakery, now that you know there are people able to pose you a threat relaxing is impossible. The cities gotten more menacing after that, almost like someone's watching you.
>>
No. 809240 ID: 8a947d
File 149792836526.png - (202.76KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 2.png )
809240

You enter the Apothecary.

A few shelves to your left are stocked with medicine and ingredients. No signs of violence. You sniff the air, you smell bitter medicine and... someone in the backroom.
>>
No. 809241 ID: 97bb2d

Someone? Or something? Proceed with caution...
>>
No. 809242 ID: 3ce125

>>809240
See if you can find the mushrooms without going in the backroom.

Can you smell their soul? Could be another survivor, if you're very lucky.
>>
No. 809243 ID: 3ce125

Also I am pretty sure the big bad is in the clock tower. It's been a prominent background element.
>>
No. 809245 ID: 91ee5f

>>809242
>See if you can find the mushrooms without going in the backroom.
This.

>>809243
Let's not forget the fact that the clock still says 12:00! We've been here long enough that thing should've changed time by now!
>>
No. 809258 ID: 8a947d
File 149793466635.png - (129.54KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 3.png )
809258

>Get mushrooms without going into the backroom
You search the shelves of the shop, all of the goods in stock are packaged medicines but no raw materials. The raw ingredients for concoctions would probably be kept in the back.

>Smell a soul
You do smell a soul in the backroom, meaning there is an unaffiliated human back there.
>>
No. 809259 ID: 3ce125

Oh good, start off the conversation by telling him not to worry, you're not human and can't be controlled by whoever "he" is. Ask him if he knows where the mushrooms are, tell him it's for a cure to the madness thing.

Maybe it would be a good idea to ask how he avoided being controlled?
>>
No. 809261 ID: 91ee5f

>>809258
I guess just casually ask if there's any Bleeding Tooth Mushrooms back there?

>>809259
>you're not human and can't be controlled by whoever "he" is.
I doubt telling that person that Issei isn't human is going to make them feel better. In fact, it might make them panic at the thought of having to deal with a monster of some kind on top of whatever's going on in town!

Let's just say that we can't be affected and leave it at that.
>>
No. 809343 ID: 8a947d
File 149797534852.png - (127.75KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 4.png )
809343

>You're not human
You'll keep that to yourself for now, whoever's back there probably won't question a sane person to help.

You head to the back and open the door. The lights in the back room are all shut off much like in the rest of the city and there is a woman crying in the middle of the room.

She flinches and begins to sob louder when you open the door but doesn't look your way.
>>
No. 809345 ID: 8a947d
File 149797572173.png - (132.03KB , 1094x792 , Apothecary 5.png )
809345

Issei: hello? it's alright i'm not one of them. are you okay, are you hurt ?

She doesn't make eye contact with you, from the look of it she's blind. After crying for a while sh finally speaks.

Woman: It's too late for us, he's not going to let either of us leave. You shouldn't have come down here.

Issei: what are you talking about? who won't let us leave? who is he?

You hear groaning and breathing from somewhere in the Apothecary.
>>
No. 809349 ID: f36501

Well, one innocent soul present doesn't mean that those puppet people aren't here.

Prepare to defend yourself and the blind lady.
>>
No. 809354 ID: 3583d1

What do you smell? Does this groaning sound human?
>>
No. 809355 ID: 5d9e7d

Ask her if she runs a flower shop.
>>
No. 809357 ID: 91ee5f

>>809345
Multitask. Talk to her while you're looking for the source of those sounds and/or looking for the mushrooms.
>>
No. 809369 ID: 49c9d4

Ask her if she's Troy's sister. Either way, you're getting her out of here, you have no idea where the exit is and she knows more about this city than you ever will.
>>
No. 809372 ID: 3ce125

>>809345
Issei, are you strong enough to break down walls? The enemy has sent minions into the shop, but we can escape through the back wall.

Get the mushrooms first, of course. Barricade the entrance to this room while you search.
>>
No. 809389 ID: 8a947d
File 149799999506.png - (174.07KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 6.png )
809389

>Does this groaning sound human?
Vaguely

>What do you smell?
Just the one soul and... blood?

>Ask her if she's Troy's sister.
You doubt this is Troy's sister, he'd have said something about hear being blind; and from what Roland pointed out at the apartments and the flower boutique Troy's sister's apartment would have had been in tatters if she were.

>Strong enough to break down walls?
Enough strikes to the back wall could break it, but you need to find the mushrooms first.

It's too dark to search anything properly, it'd be best to ask the woman assuming she works here.

Issei: you stock bleeding tooth mushrooms right? i need to make a medicine to fix this mess. what's your name anyway?

Bridgette: B-Bridgette, there should be some mushrooms around h-here. I think they're somewhere in the back there, but my husband usually helps keep stock.

You hear the door slam behind you.
>>
No. 809390 ID: d79f26

shit, it's another one of those blood arm fuckers.
this means they are smart enough to plan rather then are mindless beasts. grab her and dodge roll to negate any surprise attacks and then get into your fighting stance.
>>
No. 809391 ID: 3ce125

rolled 20 + 9 = 29

It's on the ceiling! Tentacles out, protect the both of you from the possessed!
>>
No. 809395 ID: 8a947d
File 149800304224.png - (451.94KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 7.png )
809395

>dodge roll
Not enough room to roll out of the way like that, but plenty of room to strike at the noise.

>rolled 20 + 9 = 29
You lash a tentacle out and sever the arm closing the door! The stump retreats to the ceiling.
>>
No. 809398 ID: 8a947d
File 149800356407.png - (174.02KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 8.png )
809398

Blood Arms: y-Y-yoU! YOu aRe InterrUPting an ImporTANT MissI0n... VEACRIEL will be pleased wheN I bRinG anoTh3r GueSt t0 the FestiviTIes.

Blood Arms: THE PO0r gIRl caNNot FatHom HiS GrEatNESS, so I must USher Her t0 HIm.

Blood Arms:HE CAME EARLY! JUST FOR US! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL, HOD DARE YOU STAND IN HIS WAY!

The Blood Arms rears back and prepares another attack.

Try to dodge between its attacks
(Roll 1d20 and add 7 for AGILITY, Success=20)

or Attack back directly.
(Roll 1d20 and add 9 from strength Success=25)
>>
No. 809405 ID: 3ce125

rolled 12 + 9 = 21

>>809398
Dodging isn't a great idea while we're protecting someone. Gotta be the tank until she can get behind cover at least.

Strength. Though I'd honestly like to switch to Agility as soon as the blind lady is safe.
>>
No. 809409 ID: 3ce125

>>809405
Oh, wait, I misunderstood his intentions. He intends to capture the woman to bring her to VEACRIEL, I think? Maybe we don't have to worry about her getting hurt, then. Roll's still too low anyway.
>>
No. 809410 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 9 = 29

>>809398
Kick his/her/its ass!
>>
No. 809411 ID: 99608f

>>809398
From what we've seen, this VEACRIEL appears to be a real treat, though I doubt we should meet him by ourselves. I say we deal with this welcoming committee(permanently), grab some mushrooms, get our friends in party mood and then join the festival for a feast.
subtle as a sledgehammer
>>
No. 809412 ID: fc33ea

How does he have so much blood?
>>
No. 809414 ID: 91ee5f

>>809410
Sweet! I rolled a natural 20! Isn't that a critical hit?
>>
No. 809420 ID: 8a947d
File 149801089519.png - (491.10KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 9.png )
809420

The Blood Arms lunges at you from the ceiling.
>>
No. 809422 ID: 8a947d
File 149801095424.png - (680.04KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 10.png )
809422

>rolled 20 + 9 = 29
You quickly dismember all attacking limbs coming your way.
>>
No. 809423 ID: 8a947d
File 149801112141.png - (204.35KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 11.png )
809423

The Blood Arms topples to the ground, spasming in pain. Bridgette is startled but untouched.

Blood Arms: ArrGGhhGGG!!! He will make YoU PAY!!! YOU"ll AcCept VEACRIEL oNe WAy or AnoTHER!
>>
No. 809426 ID: 91ee5f

Now that he's been taken care of, let's get back to what we were doing, getting those mushrooms!
>>
No. 809427 ID: 91ee5f

>>809426
Oh, almost forgot! Ask Bridgette if this guy is her husband.

If yes, knock him out.

If no, kill him.
>>
No. 809428 ID: 3210b8

Gods DAMN, Issei! You are a badass! The way the mention this Verceal or whoever, this makes me think he is more of a kind of god. Maybe this the work of an evil prophet?
>>
No. 809429 ID: 3ce125

>>809423
I'd suggest disabling this guy somehow but I don't think we can really prevent blood arms from reforming. Can you tell if he can be saved, or is he like the other one?
>>
No. 809430 ID: 91ee5f

>>809429
Technically, they can all be saved if we kill the guy controlling them. Well, except for the guy in the bakery, he's dead.
>>
No. 809438 ID: 91556e

>>809430
With the amount of blood outside the body I'm pretty sure that the moment that connection gets severed any possessed cucks are going to die.
>>
No. 809439 ID: 91ee5f

>>809438
Unless the blood gets pulled back in their bodies when they're freed.
>>
No. 809447 ID: 8a947d
File 149802193364.png - (101.63KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 12.png )
809447

Issei: do you know this man?

Bridgette: N-No, he busted in here and tried to kidnap me. He hid when he heard you coming in.

Bridgette: I don't know exactly where the mushrooms are, but we do have some.

A lot of his blood is outside of his body... You doubt he'll be fine after all this. He's probably going to die.
>>
No. 809449 ID: 8a947d
File 149802208367.png - (277.84KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 13.png )
809449

-But he's not yet! at least parts of him aren't. The arms you cut off before fling themselves off the ground and tackle you from behind.

Blood Arms: Hehehehehehe! VEACRIEL'S giFt too Me is More pOWerFul tHan Anything you've WITNEssed! You will PAY!
>>
No. 809450 ID: 3ce125

>>809449
Unfortunately for him you have more than two arms. Skewer him.
>>
No. 809471 ID: 91ee5f

>>809449
Let's kill this guy! Since these arms came out of him, they should hopefully disappear when he's killed!
>>
No. 809523 ID: 0d45a9

Please stop that. Skewer him, hopefully he can't control the hands when he's dead.
>>
No. 809552 ID: 8a947d
File 149806412727.png - (262.25KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 14.png )
809552

You try to unleash your tentacles, but the hands begin to pile onto you more and more, each one feels heavier than the last. You are soon forced to the ground by the swarm of bloody hands.

Blood Arms: dO NOT unDerEstimaTE me or The P0weR of VEACRIEL yOu FoOl. You WiLL bE CrUshED for YoUr INSOLENCE!
>>
No. 809553 ID: 8a947d
File 149806450549.png - (298.06KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 15.png )
809553

You feel the hands on your back congeal together into one giant mass of blood, the weight is too much to bear you cannot move any part of your body. The blood begins to twist and connect until it's turned into muscle and organs, and the large chunk of muscle starts to squeeze down on your body slowly crushing you.

Blood Arms: FeEl The WEIGHT OF THE FLESH yOU HeATHEN!
>>
No. 809554 ID: 0d45a9

Oh no. How loud can you yell? This will attract attention for sure but if it's loud enough it might give you a opportunity to escape from under that.

Otherwise the only option I see is to hope the woman does something, which given that she's blind is unlikely.
>>
No. 809556 ID: 91ee5f

>>809553
You've reshaped your body before! Can't you reshape yourself small enough to squeeze through that tiny little opening where your head is?
>>
No. 809572 ID: 8a947d
File 149807102953.png - (113.42KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 16.png )
809572

>How loud can you yell
Your chest is being crushed by a large pound of flesh yelling is not optional, at most you can make a hissing wheeze noise. Besides, the odds of anyone sane in town hearing you is low.

>Reshape your body?
That...might work but the flesh is starting to congeal around you faster and faster. It begins to cover your head and face cutting off your breathing.

Blood Arms: HA! WHaT DiD i SAy ? nOTHiNG You CAn Do Can DefeaT ThE Power OF VEACRIEL! No HUmAn CoUld ever StanD AgaiNSt his GRacE !
>>
No. 809573 ID: 8a947d
File 149807110622.png - (58.99KB , 1019x787 , Apothecary 17.png )
809573

You: i may have neglected to mention i'm not a human
>>
No. 809577 ID: 97bb2d

Fuck him up, Issei...
>>
No. 809586 ID: ae1924

>>809573
Consume! who thought meat powers can beat an eater.
>>
No. 809588 ID: 8d4593

COMMENCE VIOLENCE!
>>
No. 809615 ID: 91ee5f

>>809573
Issei, you know what must be done. Kill him!
>>
No. 809618 ID: 8a947d
File 149808039091.png - (538.93KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 18.png )
809618

In your smaller form you are less strong, but much more agile you leap off of his shoulder and dash at the Blood Arm's eye.
>>
No. 809619 ID: 8a947d
File 149808058023.png - (294.65KB , 1212x826 , Apothecary 19.png )
809619

With your speed and smaller stature you puncture his eye and blast through his skull. The Blood Arms crumples to the ground without a sound. The Mass of flesh that was his hands melts into a puddle of blood. It's over.

tablet pens busted, sorta functions but is really hard to work with. updates will slow down
>>
No. 809624 ID: 3ce125

>>809619
Phew, these guys are dangerous. Quickly search through the supplies to find the mushrooms.

Also, hmm, this hiding spot isn't safe for the blind woman anymore. Ask if there's anywhere else she can go... or is this going to turn into an escort mission?
>>
No. 809626 ID: 91ee5f

>>809619
Change back to your normal size and tell Bridgette that it's safe now. Continue your search for the mushrooms. And, for the sake of not letting that happen again, make a mental note that next time you run into one of those guys, just because the arms are cut off, doesn't mean that the cut off limbs are harmless.

Also, due to the lack of one of their senses, sometimes blind people's other senses are heightened. So when you were tiny and your voice was practically a whisper in the Blood Arms' ear, Bridgette might've heard you mention that you're not human. Be prepared for her to be afraid of you.
>>
No. 809627 ID: 9c5569

This time, make sure he's dead. Cook the blood, see what happens.

Look around for stuff, ask the girl where you can find some eels.
>>
No. 809637 ID: 0d45a9

Good grief these guys are a pain in the arse. How are you energy and injury wise?

Tell Bridgette that the man is dead now, I guess.
>>
No. 809695 ID: 8d4593

Don't forget to eat the soul!
>>
No. 809696 ID: be0718

Compact Carnivore is good. Stay that way, so you'll be harder to find (plus, you can pack a wallop into a punch by decompressing.) Tell Bridgette to follow you, you've got a plan to get us out of here.
>>
No. 809700 ID: 91ee5f

>>809696
>you can pack a wallop into a punch by decompressing
Issei just said that he's weaker when smaller.

>Tell Bridgette to follow you
She can't follow, she's blind. Issei will need to change back to normal size and either lead her around by holding her hand or pick her up and carry her.
>>
No. 809702 ID: be0718

>>809700
Yes, that's the point of getting bigger temporarily. Plus he's still strong enough to bore through skulls as he is. Issei can reach a tentacle up to guide her.
>>
No. 809950 ID: 8a947d
File 149826864202.png - (128.36KB , 997x811 , Apothecary 20.png )
809950

>Stay small.
Form change takes a lot out of you, and you can't keep a form for too long. You revert back to normal size.

>Eat the Blood Arms
You take a bite of his hand, the flesh tastes disgusting like its rotten; and not the good kind of rotten. Whatever else is inside of the body next to the soul is screwing with the taste. You still have strawberry preserves to keep you sated, but to be honest you're kinda getting sick of strawberries.

Bridgette: I-Is...Is he...

Issei: yeah, it's over.

You rummage around the storeroom for a while until you find the few bleeding tooth mushrooms in the back. You go through the dead Blood Arms' pockets for belongings, he's got 105G's on him The Apothecary probably isn't safe for Bridgette anymore.

Issei: hey, this palace isn't safe for you anymore is it ? there's a workshop i woke up in that seemed pretty safe. the owner locked himself in the backroom after he turned so it should be okay.

Bridgette: That's better than here i guess. lets go.
>>
No. 809952 ID: 902283

Check the list for the other ingredients. And grab everything you can carry, having ingredients will be kick-ass when you find the others.
>>
No. 809954 ID: 97bb2d

Have you fully introduced yourself to this young lass yet? Maybe she could help you find what you are looking for.
>>
No. 809980 ID: 91ee5f

>>809950
Only thing left now is 20 Pounds of Chopped Eel.

After you take Bridgette to a safe place, head on over to the Meat Market.

>you're kinda getting sick of strawberries.
Blasphemy! Heretic! How could you say that?!
>>
No. 809982 ID: be0718

>>809954
Is that code for 'eat her'? Issei, do us a favor and don't eat this one. You can eat the one-eyed one if you want.
>>
No. 809985 ID: 8a947d
File 149827640325.png - (304.30KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 1.png )
809985

You drop Bridgette off at the workshop along with the mushrooms, last stop is the meat market for the chopped eel.

When you arrive there are a large number of booths and set ups each selling different sorts of meats. There's got to be a fish stand somewhere with some eel, as you make your way through the market everything seems to be getting...redder. The clouds in the sky begin to part revealing an ever reddening sky, whatever's happening you'd better hurry up your search.
>>
No. 809990 ID: 91ee5f

>>809985
Do you know what fish smells like? Start sniffing around for anything fishy and follow that smell to the fish stand. Make sure you grab 20 pounds of the eel!
>>
No. 810001 ID: 3ce125

>>809985
Start moving quickly then. Use your large agility stat to its fullest!
>>
No. 810008 ID: fe7355

Yeah, get the lead out. Look for any signs pointing towards the fish and seafood section. And watch those kinda tendril-y black clouds to your right. They look like they might be closer to the ground and could be trouble.

Big problem here is that it's been so long since whatever the fuck did all this that any butchered or dead eels will have gone rotten by now. You'd either need to find canned eels or a live eel tank and hope the eels in it haven't died yet.
>>
No. 810012 ID: 902283

If that's blood in the air, you know what it can do.

Hopefully rotten eel will work. Start from the area with the highest traffic, and look at progressively worse areas until you find the stall with the worst stench.

And if you get cheese, take it for the penicillin.
>>
No. 810020 ID: 8a947d
File 149828282179.png - (233.62KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 2.png )
810020

>signs pointing towards the fish and seafood section
Nothing's marked or clearly distinguished you're basically just running around until you find something.

>cheese for penicillin
You're not sure moldy cheese constantly equals penicillin, and if you can use it to make penicillin you sure as hell don't know how.

>fish smell?
All of the meat here smells the same. Rotten. Shit will rotten eel work ? Hopefully there'll be some in an ice chest or freezer or something. You do smell something odd though... salt water ? Those must be tanks for fish! You head in the direction of the smell but you can also hear something in the same direction, sounds like... repeated strikes against wood ? Maybe a knife chopping ? Whatever it is it's right next to the salt water scent.
>>
No. 810023 ID: 902283

Use your agility for stealth! Get the drop on the next psycho, watch them from afar and maneuver your tentacles around in the shadows. If they spot you, stab like hell!
>>
No. 810031 ID: 97bb2d

Best to be prepared... I have a feeling that when the sky gets like this we might find bigger and badder psycho people. If an evil prophet is responsible for this we should find him and kill him soon. Maybe once we end this ritual we can free Roland and Troy, although I'm hoping we find them before that.
>>
No. 810032 ID: 91ee5f

>>810020
Quietly go over and see what it is. It might be another Blood Arms trying to get to another survivor that's barricaded themselves somewhere.

Or the guy controlling everyone knows what you're trying to do and has sent a Blood Arms to destroy the remaining ingredient! And if that's what's going on, then the Blood Arms that was sent might be one of the stronger types, in the hopes of stopping you!
>>
No. 810033 ID: 91ee5f

>>810031
That's why we're gathering these ingredients. To make a medicine to rub in their eyes and free them from whatever's controlling them! It'll be easier to stop whatever's happening if Issei isn't by himself. And hopefully we can stop it before the medicine wears off and Troy and Roland go back to being controlled again.
>>
No. 810039 ID: 3ce125

rolled 12 + 7 = 19

>>810020
Use stealth to sneak up on the noise. Possibly from above. Rolling for agility.
>>
No. 810218 ID: 8a947d
File 149837284642.png - (219.72KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 3.png )
810218

>Stretch your tentacles
Your tentacles have a fixed range to them unless you take one another form, but you don't know any form that allows you to do such. You came up with your Compact Carnivore form under the stress of dying, you'd need to either be in an equally life threatening situation or have time to think of one; shifting your body into different shapes isn't as easy as it looks.

>Stealth
You creep towards the source of the noise doing you best to hide your shadow and be quiet, as you approach the booth you see a man hunched over the table chopping away at human limbs and muttering to himself.

Butcher:...Everyone else gets to bask in his glory, worship at Veacriel's alter and I'm stuck preparing the feast. Rotten luck in both lives...

Butcher: He'll fix this, the church, the world, Veacriel will fix it all.

It seems he's turned the booth with the eels in it into a makeshift butcher's station, he has no idea you're there. How do you progress ?
>>
No. 810219 ID: 3583d1

What do you smell? Anything rotten and good to eat around here?
>>
No. 810221 ID: 3ce125

Can you shrink down for long enough to steal the eels and run away?

Alternatively, you could throw something to make noise and distract him, then dart in and steal the eels while he's not looking.
>>
No. 810228 ID: 91ee5f

>>810218
I really hope that's not Troy's sister! Or Troy! Or Roland!

>>810221
>throw something to make noise and distract him, then dart in and steal the eels while he's not looking.
This.
>>
No. 810229 ID: 81cfad

Take him out before he can kill anyone else
>>
No. 810241 ID: 9876c4

Well, this is a fair point. Does the guy butchering piles of human meat have a rotten soul, or is he just deluded like the rest?

Because you might have to decide between bending a rule, or taking a risk.
>>
No. 810337 ID: 8a947d
File 149843065515.png - (206.73KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 4.png )
810337

>distraction
You chuck a rock past the butcher, he goes to investigate the sound leaving the stand open.
>>
No. 810338 ID: 8a947d
File 149843076189.png - (421.85KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 5.png )
810338

You rummage through the booth, a few jars of eel but you don't think its 20 pounds. There's no scale on the booth to measure it and you can hear the butcher coming back around.
>>
No. 810341 ID: 094652

Just take what you can and move on to the next stall.
>>
No. 810351 ID: 91ee5f

>>810338
Shit, need to buy some more time to look for any more eel that you might've missed.

Try making a mess of whatever he was chopping up and take that bloody arm off the hook and throw it somewhere. Then go hide somewhere in the opposite direction you threw the arm. Hopefully he'll get pissed and follow the blood that dripped off the arm while it was flying through the air, thinking that a thief stole the "food" he was preparing.
>>
No. 810362 ID: 3ce125

If there's no more eel we're gonna need to find another spot. There should be more meat-themed stalls nearby...
>>
No. 810395 ID: 8a947d
File 149844172196.png - (186.77KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 6.png )
810395

> Make a mess.
You ruin the butcher set as well as you can, you toss limbs and throw down knife sets. After that you duck behind another booth has quick as possible before he catches you

The butcher returns.

Butcher: W-What! DAMMIT, WHO'S HERE ?

Butcher: I SWEAR I'LL FIND YOU YOU MISERABLE WHELP! I'LL MAKE STEW FROM YOUR ENTRAILS DAMN YOU!

He sounds angry, best to retreat quietly and look for more eel now, or you can engage right away and get the drop on him while he's in a fit.
>>
No. 810398 ID: 3ce125

I'm not sure there's any benefit to killing him aside from loot, and every time we've killed one of them the environment has gotten more foreboding. Let's just keep looking for eel.
>>
No. 810404 ID: 094652

Too late, he's aware now. I doubt it's that easy to get the jump on aware blood-men, each might have a different modification to surprise the hunters.

Just go look for more eel. The more allies you can get on your side by curing them, the better.
>>
No. 810405 ID: 91ee5f

Keep looking for eel when he runs off looking for a thief.
>>
No. 810416 ID: 8a947d
File 149844822610.png - (202.05KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 7.png )
810416

You decide to leave him and look for more chopped eel somewhere in the market. The butcher will be looking for you while you search now.

As you check the multiple stalls and booths you begin to see a large building in the center of the market set ups. The central market building is has a large number of shops set up inside, all with a more diverse inventory. You can smell more salt water possibly from containers made to hold fish, there could be eels in there.

You enter the central market. There are several floors above the bottom one each with a varied stock, it won't be long to find what you want but you aren't sure if there will be any eel or enough of it to use.
>>
No. 810418 ID: 094652

Get in and take anything fresh-looking, Bridgette must be starved by now. Not to mention your crew, they'll need comfort food after this nightmare.
>>
No. 810419 ID: 91ee5f

>>810416
A place like that has to have a scale! Go in and find a scale so that you know where it is or, if it's small enough, bring it with you! Then go look for more eel until you have 20 pounds of it!
>>
No. 810421 ID: 91ee5f

>>810419
Or find a scale to see if the amount of eel you already have is 20 pounds or not. It'll save you some extra time if it turns out you've already got what you need!
>>
No. 810432 ID: 3ce125

Start at the second floor and work your way up. That way you have an exit if the butcher starts searching the building. Also you can check the first floor while the butcher is looking through the second/third floors.
>>
No. 810545 ID: 8a947d
File 149851284275.png - (163.87KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 8.png )
810545

A lot of the booths on the bottom floor mostly sell cloths and clothing, there are a few that sell jewelry but you don't see any scales or measuring tools.

You continue up to the second floor which seems to stock vases and other artisan creations, with a few stalls containing food; a lot of which had gone bad but there are a few iceboxes with fresh food. You grab something for Roland and Troy when you find them and maybe something for Bridgette, you take 3 loaves of bread and a jar of grape jelly.

As you rummage through the booths you find a note on one of the tables.
>>
No. 810547 ID: 8a947d
File 149851338823.png - (132.51KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 9.png )
810547

It's torn but legible.

Arty

Talo keeps raving about this thing he found the other day says he can fix things around here. Talo has been right before, but this sounds insane; do you believe any of this ? He told me to tell you just in case you were going to go, but I'm staying far away form this. Also, Talo keeps talking about someone coming to meet us early; says they'll be up in the clock tower of all places. If you do go tell me whats going on, and be careful.

Edith


Roll 1d20 for adding 7 from AGILITY (20 to Succeed)
>>
No. 810552 ID: 3ce125

rolled 19 + 7 = 26

>>810547
Welp I guess it's time to fight.
>>
No. 810553 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 7 = 25

>>810547
Oh, shit!
>>
No. 810556 ID: 91ee5f

>>810553
Now that rolling is outta the way.....

>>810547
Sounds like this Talo guy is the reason this whole town is fucked up and has something to do with a thing that he found. Whether he did this on purpose or he was manipulated by this Veacriel thing the Blood Arms were talking about, remains to be seen.

We're gonna need to find Roland and Troy and give them the medicine so that they can help. Because I'm pretty sure Issei would like to have some help for when he goes to the Clock Tower.
>>
No. 810563 ID: 3ce125

Oh right, further combat actions:
Throw heavy things at him. Don't get your tentacles near him since he'll likely try to chop them off.
>>
No. 810573 ID: 8a947d
File 149852044175.png - (128.12KB , 1133x677 , Meat Market 10.png )
810573

>rolled 19 + 7 = 26
You hear the knife flying through the air and dodge it with ease.

Butcher: So... YOU'RE the one who vandalized my work.

Butcher: You need to be more careful, your bloody footprints led me to ya.

Butcher: Guess since you ruined my meal I'll have to make a new dish...
>>
No. 810575 ID: 8a947d
File 149852064458.png - (143.79KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 11.png )
810575

He steps out of the shadows wearing some sort of odd square helmet. It seems like it's fused with his flesh and oozes blood from his neck.

Butcher: Veacriel gifted me my very own shard from his body, my power is far BEYOND that of any HUMAN.

Issei: well come on then, i'm no human.

The Butcher begins to advance
>>
No. 810583 ID: 3ce125

rolled 10 + 9 = 19

>>810575
Again, do not get your tentacles near him, he'll cut them off with that knife. Grab anything heavy, or that knife he threw, and use that as an improvised weapon. At least to test his defenses and find out how fast he is.
>>
No. 810584 ID: 3ce125

>>810583
Oh, and don't bother trying to attack his "head". If it's a shard of Velacriel, it is likely far more resilient than his body. One worry is if you don't damage the cube he'll regenerate his body, but we'll just have to find out if that happens or not. Weakening his body would make attacking the cube easier anyway.
>>
No. 810597 ID: 701418

rolled 1 + 7 = 8

Dodge the knife and find something to close the box once you decapitate him!
>>
No. 810610 ID: 8a947d
File 149853009111.png - (402.07KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 12.png )
810610

>rolled 1 + 7 = 8

You attempt to keep your distance from The Butcher, but he's much faster than the Blood Arms you fought before. He swings his knife and cuts you deep across the abdomen.

Butcher: Oh! So you aren't human after all. I wonder what cuts from you would taste the best.

You can regenerate your cut, but it's so deep it will take a long time.

You can suffer through the pain for the rest of the fight. (subtract 3 from STRENGTH and AGILITY rolls)

Or you can accelerate your healing to get rid of it now, but it will take a lot of energy and slow you down (subtract 5 from AGILITY rolls)
>>
No. 810632 ID: 3ce125

rolled 11 + 9 = 20

>>810610
Well he only has one weapon, and it's short ranged. Maybe grappling would be a good plan. Accelerate healing, then grab him and keep the knife away as the first priority. Second priority is doing damage to his body with a free tentacle. Or if there are no free tentacles, just try to wrench his arm so that he drops the knife. Then you can use it against him or toss it away and use your own tentacles to stab him.
>>
No. 810635 ID: 91ee5f

>>810632
I agree with accelerated healing, but I don't think we should just twist his arm to make him drop the knife. I think we should completely twist his arm off his body so that he loses both the knife and an arm!
>>
No. 810644 ID: 3ce125

>>810635
Fair enough.
>>
No. 810647 ID: 8a947d
File 149853866530.png - (169.36KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 13.png )
810647

You accelerate your healing at the determent of your agility.

>rolled 11 + 9 = 20
You catch the Butchers knife arm...
>>
No. 810649 ID: 8a947d
File 149853885021.png - (290.63KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 14.png )
810649

...and in one fluid motion tear his arm off and stab him with a tentacle.
>>
No. 810663 ID: 3ce125

rolled 20 + 9 = 29

>>810649
Okay now strike at his helmet thing!
>>
No. 810665 ID: 91ee5f

>>810649
Just because you managed to stab him through the chest, that doesn't mean that he's dead! We're not making the same mistake we did with the Blood Arms at the Apothecary! Make sure this guy is dead and he stays dead!
>>
No. 810674 ID: 3ce125

...the runic skull incident is making me wonder if we shouldn't try to recover the helmet thing intact.
>>
No. 810679 ID: fe7355

>>810663
Didn't we figure that the "helmet" shard would probably be too tough to break through. His neck and head, however... I say aim a tentacle through his neck, separate his head, then pulp it through the opening in the shard "helmet." Quickly follow that with dismembering and pulping the rest of his body, throwing the chunks far apart.
>>
No. 810680 ID: 8a947d
File 149854133714.png - (450.22KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 15.png )
810680

>rolled 20 + 9 = 29
CRITICAL

You bring your arm back up and smash it hard against his helmet. It doesn't break, but you see it crack a bit and more blood begins to ooze from the fracture.

You take a bite of his arm...

Issei: tastes like failure.

The Butcher is still conscious after his beating and brings himself to his knees.

Butcher: T-There's so much more to Veacriel's power than you know... *cough* *hack*. It'll take more than that to kill me you freak!
>>
No. 810689 ID: 3ce125

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

>>810680
I guess we'll have to chop him into itty bitty pieces then. Or just decapitate him?
>>
No. 810691 ID: 23cc74

rolled 9 + 9 = 18

Men with loose arms shouldn't throw knives...

TEAR HIM APART
>>
No. 810700 ID: 8a947d
File 149854404063.png - (295.07KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 16.png )
810700

You rush toward the Butcher, but before you can reach him he reaches into the Shard of Veacriel and begins to pull something out...
>>
No. 810701 ID: 8a947d
File 149854415696.png - (331.44KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 17.png )
810701

Butcher: Witness Veacriel's GREATNESS YOU FOOL!

He leaps towards you.
>>
No. 810703 ID: 8a947d
File 149854430209.png - (414.97KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 18.png )
810703

>rolled 15 + 9 = 24

With your strength you manage to block his attack, but his cleaver does cut your tentacles; not enough to hinder your fighting but enough to hurt. That cleaver is sharp!
>>
No. 810719 ID: 3ce125

rolled 12 + 9 = 21

>>810703
Yikes! It may be sharp but it has a weakness. It's kept together by tendrils which you can cut. Go for those to break his weapon, then strike at him again while he's disarmed.
>>
No. 810729 ID: 91ee5f

>>810719
Yeah! Slice his weapon's meaty parts!
>>
No. 810801 ID: 8a947d
File 149860445720.png - (335.96KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 19.png )
810801

>Attack the weapon

The tendons holding together the blade seem like they could be a weakness, but the butcher manages to swing the blade so quickly that you will have a hard time attacking them.

You can attack him directly ignoring his weapon for now (Roll 1d20 adding 9 from STRENGTH)

Or you can attempt to disarm him and destroy his cleaver (Roll 1d20 adding 2 from AGILITY)

(Success = 20 for both rolls)
>>
No. 810810 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 9 = 29

>>810801
Attack his other arm and rip it off also! He'll be completely disarmed without both of his arms! XD
>>
No. 810811 ID: 91ee5f

>>810810
Or just try and break the box on his head.
>>
No. 810820 ID: 8a947d
File 149861193222.png - (206.02KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 20.png )
810820

>rolled 20 + 9 = 29
CRITICAL

You have no time to continue dodging with your weakened agility. You wait for an opening in The Butcher's defense and slash off his Cleaver arm leaving him completely armless
>>
No. 810821 ID: 8a947d
File 149861211451.png - (339.40KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 21.png )
810821

You look at the shard of Veacriel the Butcher is wearing and notice the crack you left in it from before. You position a tentacle and ram it through the crack and out of the back of the shard impaling the Butcher through the head on your tentacle. He squirms on your tentacle for a little, but ultimately stops dead.
>>
No. 810825 ID: 486e87

Dang, you are a badass Issei. Watch this guy's corpse for a bit, just in case something unexpected happens like with the last guy. Then go search for more eels.
>>
No. 810826 ID: 91ee5f

>>810825
This.

Also, look for a scale of some kind so that you can make sure you've got 20 pounds of eel.
>>
No. 810844 ID: 3ce125

>>810821
Separate his body from the cube entirely. Then examine the cube a bit. What is it made out of?
>>
No. 810864 ID: 8a947d
File 149863306284.png - (100.00KB , 1212x826 , Meat Market 22.png )
810864

>Separate his body from the cube entirely.

You cut his neck and remove the Veacriel Shard. The shard begins pouring what seems like a gallon of blood and chunks of flesh. You peek into the opening on the bottom, the space inside is way too small to safely house a human head. At one point it radiated an alien aura, now it's silent. You pocket The Shard of Veacriel. The Cadaver Cleaver dissolves into a puddle of blood.

You loot the Butchers body and find an Odd Ring and 210G's

You continue around the central market, after a few more hours of searching you manage to find about 20 or more pounds of eel in various chopped forms. All that's let to do now is to go back to the workshop and make the medicine.
>>
No. 810872 ID: 930e23

How long does the medicine last? Would it be possible to cure the alchemist dude that saved you and have him help you recover your companions? You'll probably want to permanently cure the plague before you leave the city.
>>
No. 810873 ID: 91ee5f

>>810864
Then I guess we'd better go make the medicine.
>>
No. 810878 ID: 3583d1

>>810873
Lets get to work!
>>
No. 810884 ID: 486e87

>>810872
That might be useful but only if we have enough for two batches or are capable to taking out the infection at it's source, since we may need to cure Troy's sister as well as Troy and Gallows.
>>
No. 810958 ID: 8a947d
File 149868430688.png - (162.21KB , 1212x826 , The Brew.png )
810958

You walk back to the Workshop and check on Bridgette. You bring her with you to the back where the pot is held to keep an eye on her, while your at it you give her a piece of jam bread.

Now to get to work on the antidote, you prepare the ingredients and boil the water. You notice that you have a little extra of each reagent, maybe with enough SKILL you can try to get the antidote to cure more than three people... but if you fail you might end up with less cure

Do you prepare the cure normally and create a antidote good for 3 cures ?

Or try to work with what you have and try to make more (5 cures) (Roll 1d20 adding 1 from SKILL Success=20)
>>
No. 810963 ID: 91ee5f

>>810958
That's not a roll I'm willing to take a risk on. Let's just make the cure normally.
>>
No. 810969 ID: 90f3c0

Those odds are terrible, stick to the regular three doses.
>>
No. 811066 ID: 8a947d
File 149870223586.png - (114.56KB , 1212x826 , The Brew 2.png )
811066

You decide against trying to make more antidote and stick with the original three doses. You dip three rags into the brew to make 3x Cure Rags. Now you have to find Troy and Roland, the only clue you have is that note saying something about the clock tower. Guess that's the only place left to search.

Before you leave you wonder about the workshop owner locked in the backroom. You can't help but feel leaving Bridgette here with him any longer may not be safe for her after encountering the other afflicted civilians. There's no way you can find another 100 percent safe spot for Bridgette. You could try to use one of your cure rags to cure him, your main aim is to cure Roland and Troy so using one on somebody else couldn't hurt.

Do you want to take a chance and leave him or cure the man ?
>>
No. 811072 ID: 9876c4

Considering we're relying on a hastily scribbled note from someone not all there for our recipe, a field test might not hurt.
>>
No. 811074 ID: 3ce125

>>811066
Cure him. We owe him that much.
>>
No. 811077 ID: 91ee5f

>>811066
Let's make sure this stuff actually works. Test it on the guy. Make sure you rub it in his eyes, like his note said!
>>
No. 811083 ID: 8a947d
File 149870453575.png - (129.91KB , 1212x826 , What ails you.png )
811083

You wander over to the locked room and snap the locks off of the frame. You open the door to see an old man in the small room with the same oddly over human eyes as the other's

Old Man: Hah! Thank you sir! I hope I'm not late for any of the festivities, it's still midnight yes ?
>>
No. 811084 ID: 8a947d
File 149870461789.png - (156.81KB , 1212x826 , What ails you 2.png )
811084

You're not sure how gentle you should be when doing this so to be safe.

Old Man: AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old Man: STOP STOP STOP!
>>
No. 811087 ID: 8a947d
File 149870526570.png - (150.58KB , 1212x826 , What ails you 3.png )
811087

Old Man: I SAID STOP!

Old Man: Shit! You don't have to grind it into my eyes! Holy Shit!

Issei: are you better now ?

Wilson: I'm fine now that you've stopped try to give me rug burn on my eyes. You're the fella I saved from the street huh? The names Wilson.

Issei: Issei, i've got a few questions but most importantly: how long does this stuff last ?

Wilson: Ah...I've got 15 hours before I start goin' loopy again. So unless you think you can fix this before then we should hightail it outta this nightmare.

Issei: i can't leave yet! my companions have been taken somewhere and i still need to save them. plus knowing one of them we're probably going to have to solve this problem before we leave. from what i've gathered they're probably up in the New Olmec Clock Tower.

Wilson: That may be the case, I'm in no condition to go anywhere. Best of luck to you Issei.

Issei: By the way, you have another guest in the other room. Her names Bridgette and she's blind, make sure she's safe.

You leave the workshop and head for the Clock Tower.
>>
No. 811090 ID: 91ee5f

>>811087
.....I wonder how he knew your name? You didn't introduce yourself to him. Oh well, let's head to the Clock Tower and hope Troy and Roland are actually there and not somewhere else!
>>
No. 811094 ID: 9876c4

>>811090
Reading is
fun
da
mental.
>>
No. 811098 ID: f505e7

and how did he lock it from the outside
>>
No. 811101 ID: 91ee5f

>>811094
I don't get it.
>>
No. 811113 ID: 9876c4

>>811101
Issei does introduce himself with his 2nd line.
>>
No. 811114 ID: 91ee5f

>>811113
Damnit! I just thought that "Issei" was just to tell us who was speaking, I didn't see the second "Issei" of him introducing himself! DX
>>
No. 811140 ID: 8a947d
File 149872039422.png - (62.33KB , 1212x826 , Approaching the Clock Tower.png )
811140

As you exit the workshop your can't help but notice the sky as gone completely blood red, and the moon hangs in the sky unnaturally.

The already heavy atmosphere turns oppressive the closer you draw to the clock tower. You begin to hear ethereal voices whisper into your ears, and you almost feel yourself come under whatever other-worldly power has taken the others. You hear one voice in particular that sends chills down your spine, it sounds exactly like her too...

"please don't go, i love you so, i love you so~"

This is beginning to become too much even for you. You hurry your pace towards the clock tower against every instinct in your body telling you not to.
>>
No. 811142 ID: 8a947d
File 149872068212.png - (42.97KB , 1212x826 , Approaching the Clock Tower 2.png )
811142

As you approach the clock tower you begin to make out two distinct smells, you can't smell their souls but you can smell them. Wood varnish and gunpowder, that's Troy, along with blood and rainwater and a hint of potato, that's Roland.

But a lot of it's being drowned by the smell of what you can only describe as madness.
>>
No. 811143 ID: 8a947d
File 149872082940.png - (73.02KB , 1212x826 , Enter the Clock Tower.png )
811143

You enter the main building connected to the clock tower. Its empty, but you know there are people here. You can't smell or hear them, but you feel the large amount corrupted souls around you; so many of them makes it hard to ignore.
>>
No. 811150 ID: 3ce125

>>811143
Yikes. Better move quickly and silently towards one of your friends. Let's go with Troy first since let's face it he's stronger. Roland just isn't quite set up to handle this challenge.
>>
No. 811152 ID: 3583d1

>>811150
Sounds like a plan, Troy first then Roland. Let's go find our friends!
>>
No. 811156 ID: 8a947d
File 149872433373.png - (183.07KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 1.png )
811156

You track Troy's scent for as far as you can Both his and Roland's smells lead the same way, up into the main body of the clock tower. you have no idea where you are in the building. There are a lot of hallways and rooms but you manage to track the smells to a hallway leading deeper into the palace and closer to the clock tower.

The red sky outside of the windows gives you a headache. The moon feels like a lone eye staring down at you, you feel like you're being watched.
>>
No. 811163 ID: 3ce125

rolled 3 + 7 = 10

>>811156
An ambush! Dodge and counterattack. ...or are you not walking under the archway yet? Well, agility roll anyway.
>>
No. 811166 ID: 8ad5aa

rolled 11 = 11

Screw evading! ROAR INTO HIS FACE!
>>
No. 811180 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 7 = 25

>>811156
Dodge!

I've got a feeling that's Troy up there!
>>
No. 811198 ID: 8a947d
File 149875558086.png - (195.72KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 2.png )
811198

>Dodge
Dodge what ? You pass into the hallway and notice nothing anywhere inside aside from the blood red sky out of the window.

Roland and Troy's scent continue deeper into the palace.
>>
No. 811202 ID: 9876c4

Hehe denied.
>>
No. 811220 ID: 8a947d
File 149876420404.png - (19.44KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 3.png )
811220

As you wander through the winding halls of the palace you find one of the staircases leading up to the clock tower portion of the building. As you climb its quiet, you don't now how to describe it. Its like there's a silence that feels too loud, you felt it before but it's gotten much worse now that you're in the clock tower. You decide to fill the silence somehow.

Issei: she may contain the urge to run away but hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks

Issei: Citrezene, your fever's gripped me again never kisses all you ever send are full stops
>>
No. 811224 ID: 8a947d
File 149876464142.png - (35.06KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 4.png )
811224

You look out of one of the windows as you pass. You can't see the city below, its just red outside. Nothing but a blood red light shining into the tower. You sing more to fill the growing silence.

Issei: do you know where the wild things go ? they go along to take your honey~

Issei: break down now weep, build up breakfast now lets eat my love my love, love, love ~
>>
No. 811225 ID: 8a947d
File 149876482816.png - (28.36KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 5.png )
811225

Issei: muscle to muscle and toe to toe, the fear has gripped me but here I go~

???: My heart sinks as I jump up, your hand grips hand as my eyes shut~

Someone approaches from in front of you, their voice is familiar but you can't see them from the shadows. They don't seem like their being controlled but you can tell for sure.
>>
No. 811228 ID: 91ee5f

>>811225
>their voice is familiar
Start sniffing. Is it Troy or Roland?
>>
No. 811233 ID: 3ce125

>>811225
Continue the song, but keep your guard up.
>>
No. 811235 ID: 8a947d
File 149877051848.png - (31.13KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 6.png )
811235

You've stopped singing, but the woman approaching you continues the song. You recognize her, from a long time ago.

???: Do you know ? Where the wild things go ? They go along to take your honey~

???:Breakdown let's sleep, build up breakfast now lets eat my love, my love, love, love~

???: ...

???: Hello, Issei.
>>
No. 811236 ID: 094652

Change the lyrics of the song:

1) Something only Roland or Troy would know
2) An insult to Vel
3) Old tales about the souls you have devoured
>>
No. 811237 ID: 9876c4

Excuse me Miss, do I know you from somewhere?
>>
No. 811241 ID: 91ee5f

>>811235
Issei, don't fall for it! You know she's been dead for a long time! She's not real! Whatever's happening to this town must be the reason you're seeing her right now! This must be how it controls it's victims! Snap out of it Issei!
>>
No. 811242 ID: 8a947d
File 149877164374.png - (32.72KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 7.png )
811242

Issei: you never called me Issei, i only made that name after-

???: I died ? Yeah that was a while ago wasn't it. What did I call you back then ?

Issei: you can't remember ?

???: Why its been so long, I can't remember everything. I do remember one thing, Strawberries! your favorite.

Issei: ...

???: You don't want any ? ... Don't have anything to say ?

Issei: ...

???: You can't even remember my name can you ? You let me die and forget all about me ?
>>
No. 811243 ID: 3ce125

>>811242
Attack the illusion. How dare this thing disrespect your memory!
>>
No. 811246 ID: 3583d1

>>811242
The dead should stay dead.
>>
No. 811248 ID: 91ee5f

>>811242
She's not real, the enemy is using her to try and control you!

Wait, of course! That's how it controls everyone! It's control is based on sight and the cure involves rubbing the medicine into the eyes!

Don't trust what you see Issei! Use one of your other senses! Follow your nose!
>>
No. 811253 ID: 486e87

Can you smell a person there or is it a illusion? What's that she's holding?
>>
No. 811261 ID: 8a947d
File 149877533122.png - (33.77KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 8.png )
811261

>Smell
All you can smell is strawberries

You close your eyes but you still hear her.

???: Issei...I'm fine now, everything's fine now.

Issei: none of this is real. you aren't real.

???: Couldn't you say that about anything ? Even if I was real would that matter anymore ? Now that you're all grown and bigger have you realized how far from human you are ?

Issei: i know i'm not human

???: Part of you doesn't, I guess maybe that's my fault. You are something far beyond human or demon but you go around pretending like you are. Why are you with those other's hmm ?

???: You told Roland he attracts trouble and that's good food for you, but so far you've barely eaten maybe 3 or 4 people in about 3 days ? You'd have eaten twice that much in a day before.

???: Issei, are you trying to get attached to someone ? Are you trying to feel a little more human like you felt with me ? Have you just been faking emotion ?

Issei: they're not my friends... they're just partners, acquaintances if anything.

???: You don't go through a city like this for acquaintances. This is ridiculous Issei forget them you've known the pagan for about 2 days and that prophet for even less than that, I'm right here.
>>
No. 811263 ID: 486e87

The difference is you're dead and they're alive. They need my help and it's too late for me to help you when you're dead.
>>
No. 811266 ID: 3abd97

>>811261
If you're here, it's not as if I would need to leave them behind to see you.

...you were always kind. Why are you telling me not to help people who aren't rotten?
>>
No. 811267 ID: 3abd97

Also if this place is trying get to me by pulling you out of the grave that makes me want to stop them all the more. Whatever is at work here just got personal.
>>
No. 811272 ID: 3ce125

rolled 14 + 9 = 23

You thought it was going to be simple at first. Too late to back out now. Also, tell the illusion that you kindof want to kill Velacriel now. I wonder how it tastes?

Issei why are you trying to close your eyes, you don't have any! Tell the illusion to stay back, or else you will attack it. Honestly you should attack it already.

Rolling to show how serious I am about that.
>>
No. 811276 ID: 3583d1

No. You're not. You are six feet under.
>>
No. 811277 ID: 91ee5f

>>811261
You were a kind and gentle person in life. If you really were here, you'd never tell me to abandon them. You'd want me to go help them, which is what I plan on doing. Besides, I don't care if you look like her and sound sound like her, I'm not staying with you.
>>
No. 811278 ID: 91ee5f

>>811272
Can we not? That might be Roland, Troy, or Troy's sister behind that illusion!

Instead, let's attack the basket she's carrying!
>>
No. 811279 ID: 7820da

She died like a hundred years ago.

That she's here can either mean a incredibly tasteless joke by Veacriel, ...
or she did something truly unforgivable to come back.
>>
No. 811323 ID: 8a947d
File 149879031371.png - (33.19KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 9.png )
811323

Issei: she'd never say something like that, you're nothing but a shoddy facsimile.

Issei: you're DEAD, and i made peace with that. Those other two are ALIVE and need my help

???: So what now ?

Issei: now i leave, and save my friends. And you stop existing.

???: You're really going to leave me again?
>>
No. 811326 ID: 91ee5f

>>811323
>You're really going to leave me again?
"I didn't leave her, she was taken from me, there's a difference! Oh, and give Velacriel a message for me, tell him I'm coming for his head and when I find him I'm going to make him beg for mercy for trying to use her image against me!"

Try to walk past her. Be prepared for her to try and stop you. Also, be prepared for that to actually be Roland, Troy, or Troy's sister being hidden under an illusion.
>>
No. 811327 ID: f505e7

i never left you you left me
>>
No. 811328 ID: 8a947d
File 149879179608.png - (30.60KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 10.png )
811328

Issei: I NEVER LEFT HER, SHE WAS TAKEN FROM ME!

Issei:...

Issei: i'm coming for the son of a bitch doing this, and when i catch them there will be hell to pay...

???:Oh Issei...
>>
No. 811329 ID: 8a947d
File 149879182222.png - (81.95KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 11.png )
811329

???: Such a disappointment
>>
No. 811331 ID: 9876c4

OH SHI-

Issei save your comical little hat!
>>
No. 811332 ID: 3abd97

Eat the strawberry.
>>
No. 811340 ID: 8a947d
File 149879582082.png - (92.91KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 12.png )
811340

That thing is real! You should have attacked her when you had the chance...it just looked so much like her you couldn't.

Facsimile: You strong will types really piss me off, stop trying to act like you're above all of this.

Facsimile: If I can't turn you, I guess I'll just have to get rid of you.

The Facsimile gets closer

Facsimile: You know you've been causing a lot of trouble for us, I was hoping to get me own Shard of Veacriel for bringing your head in.

The hole in your chest is painful but you can easily fight through it, it'll hurt to move but you can still fight. The creature leaps into the air, and up into shadows of the rafters above. You can just barely hear it skittering around.

You can try to get read on it's scent as best you can and attack where you think it'll land. (roll 1d20 adding 4 from WIT) [Success=20]

You can chase it around the rafters and attack directly (roll 1d20 adding 7 from AGILITY and 9 from STRENGTH) [Success=30]
>>
No. 811344 ID: 9876c4

rolled 6 + 4 = 10

Let's do this cautious, like.

2nd attempt, because first did not roll (at all).
>>
No. 811347 ID: 930e23

rolled 9 + 16 = 25

>>811340
Issei is more of a brute force guy.
>>
No. 811350 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 4 + 4 = 8

>>811340
Issei's been getting some good rolls, o let's put his luck to the test! Rolling for WITS!
>>
No. 811351 ID: 91ee5f

>>811350
Oh no! RNGesus has finally forsaken Issei! DX
>>
No. 811353 ID: 3ce125

rolled 5 + 7 = 12

>>811340
It can control scent. The first option is pointless.
>>
No. 811354 ID: 3ce125

>>811353
That's actually a 21, since the +9 didn't work. Still, not great.
>>
No. 811355 ID: 7fad5d

rolled 18 + 16 = 34

1d20+4 DC 20 is a 25% chance. 1d20+16 DC 30 is a 35% chance. Power through, Issei.
>>
No. 811357 ID: 8a947d
File 149880082992.png - (203.69KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 13.png )
811357

You can't get a beat on it's scent, instead you leap into the rafters after it to try and attack it head on. You scan for the Facsimile but can't see it anywhere.
>>
No. 811358 ID: 8a947d
File 149880120743.png - (268.34KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 14.png )
811358

>rolled 9 + 16 = 25
Failure

You feel the Facsimile's blade cut your back deep. The monstrosity retreats back into the shadows leaving you bleeding heavier than before. You have no way of knowing where that thing is, for now you are standing in the dark waiting for the Facsimile to strike again.

Staying in the rafters might not be a good idea, but if you fall back down to the floor you'll be out of attack range; unless you try to use the Shotgun you got before, but your SKILL with guns wouldn't help you.

What do you do next ?
>>
No. 811360 ID: 9876c4

What if... when it attacked us again, we restrained it, taking some damage in the process. Then blew it's brains out point blank with the shotgun.

It'd hurt, but the literally could not miss, at that range.
What kind of roll would I need?
>>
No. 811361 ID: 930e23

>>811358
Get back on the ground and pull out your shotgun. Fire into the rafters and prepare to counter her if she leaps at you.
>>
No. 811364 ID: 3ce125

Firing blindly with the shotgun could work just to get it to show up.
>>
No. 811413 ID: 91ee5f

Issei's more of a melee guy. What if we drop down and rip out a piece of the guardrail that was down below and use that to wail on the Facsimile?
>>
No. 811455 ID: 8a947d
File 149884466587.png - (390.35KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 15.png )
811455

You drop down from the ceiling and blast a few shells from your shotgun into the rafters (10==>8) You don't need to hit it, you just shoot a bit to try and draw it out.

You plan to catch it if it drops down and brain the thing at point blank.
>>
No. 811456 ID: 8a947d
File 149884485629.png - (137.63KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 16.png )
811456

You see the Facsimile's shadow creep down behind you, it's planning to strike you. Now you need to wait for it to approach and then ensnare it.

(Roll 1d20 adding 9 from STRENGTH) [Success=24]
>>
No. 811457 ID: 8d4593

rolled 12 + 9 = 21

Proceed as Planned
>>
No. 811458 ID: 7fad5d

rolled 7 + 9 = 16

>>811456
Sure, let's see if my luck holds up early enough this time.
>>
No. 811462 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 13 + 9 = 22

>>811456
Gotcha bitch!
>>
No. 811463 ID: 91ee5f

>>811462
FUCK!!! DX
>>
No. 811465 ID: 3583d1

rolled 19 + 9 = 28

Here goes nothing...
>>
No. 811466 ID: 3583d1

>>811465
FUCK YEAH!!!
>>
No. 811468 ID: 8a947d
File 149884775039.png - (175.55KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 17.png )
811468

rolled 19 + 9 = 28
Success

The Facsimile lunges at you, but you're ready. You open your tentacles and catch it mid leap. The force knocks you to the ground, but you still have the upper hand...tentacle
>>
No. 811469 ID: 8a947d
File 149884786774.png - (122.73KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 18.png )
811469

There's a pause as the Facsimile realizes what's about to happen.
>>
No. 811470 ID: 8a947d
File 149884789930.png - (411.57KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 19.png )
811470

BANG
>>
No. 811472 ID: 3583d1

HA! FUCK YOU!

Anything lootable in it corpse? perhaps if it smells rotten we can have ourselves a snack before we go find our companions
>>
No. 811475 ID: 8ac6f5

Don't risk it, doubl- no, triple tap it. Confirms its death then tend to your wounds.
>>
No. 811477 ID: 486e87

Slice it, dice it, cut it into little bits. Make sure it never rises to imitate the dead again.
>>
No. 811480 ID: f505e7

Make sure it dead
>>
No. 811485 ID: 8a947d
File 149885566878.png - (51.19KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 20.png )
811485

>>811472
You've established that these things always taste disgusting so that's a no go on the eating.

You go to search the body, when you realize it's still moving.

Facsimile: *Wheeze* You're a real pain in the ass...
>>
No. 811486 ID: 8a947d
File 149885582325.png - (120.69KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 21.png )
811486

Facsimile: Beating a few underlings doesn't prove anything, The butcher was a fool who didn't appreciate the gift Veacriel had granted him.

Facsimile: Climb up the tower and face our lord, go ahead.

Facsimile: But those will be the last steps you ever take.
>>
No. 811487 ID: 8a947d
File 149885589744.png - (264.44KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 22.png )
811487

???: Jeez, for mindless god slaves you flesh piles talk to damn much

???: JET BLACK

A chunk of black ice crushes the Facsimile entirely.
>>
No. 811488 ID: 8a947d
File 149885599417.png - (148.79KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 23.png )
811488

Troy: Didn't even need me did ya Izzy ?

Troy: Well, couldn't let ya have all the fun. Glad to see ya in one piece.

Troy walks up from the same direction you entered wearing a blindfold.
>>
No. 811490 ID: 486e87

Good timing Troy, that thing was a tough fight. How did you avoid being infected? I hope you didn't have to do anything drastic. We've got two doses of a temporary cure for it.
>>
No. 811492 ID: 9876c4

I love it when a plan comes together.

Careful, this could be another bluff.
>>
No. 811495 ID: 91ee5f

>>811488
Ask where he's been? Then ask if he knows where Roland is or if he found his sister yet?

And tell him about the medicine you've got and that it'll keep him protected for 15 hours, which should be plenty of time to fix what's going on. Hand him the rag so that he can rub it in his own eyes.

Oh, and don't forget to mention that note you found that mentions how a guy named Talo found a "thing" that caused all of this and he should be at the top of the clock tower with the "thing" that he found. Hopefully killing Talo, destroying that "thing", or both will put everything back to normal.
>>
No. 811496 ID: 91ee5f

>>811492
True. Let's sniff Troy to see if his soul is still messed up or something.
>>
No. 811508 ID: 8a947d
File 149886175333.png - (125.52KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 24.png )
811508

>>811492
No this is Troy alright, smells there, the black ice, sounds just like him.

You hand Troy an antidote and explain what you've been up to this whole time.

Issei: what happened to you back at the boutique ? you just disappeared.

Troy: I though I saw April. I told you guys to follow me and I ran after her, but when I reached...ah it's all fuzzy.

Troy: All I know is some bullshit went down and it wasn't great.

Issei: how did you escape ?

Troy: Freitast spoke to me. Told me to snap out of it and find you guys, The perks of bein' a prophet. Do you know where Gallows is ?

Issei: from what i've found out the source of all of this should be up in the clocktower, so for all i know Roland should be up there along with the majority of the missing people.

Issei: i'm hoping if we kill the one responsible for this we'll end it

Troy: Well then! lets get the lead out and finish this nightmare

You and Troy continue to the main clocktower.
>>
No. 811519 ID: fa044c

Swiggitty Swollend, we're coming for Roland!
>>
No. 811520 ID: 486e87

Lets go. How are your injuries Issei, any lasting effects or harm that might limit you in a fight? How are you hunger-wise?
>>
No. 811524 ID: 91ee5f

>>811508
Tell Troy that there's a chance his sister might attack us. Ask if he's ready for that and if he'd be ready to fight her and knock her out?
>>
No. 811532 ID: 8a947d
File 149887206384.png - (71.14KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 25.png )
811532

>>811520
The walk up to the main clock tower entrance gives you enough time to properly heal your wounds. You've eaten through the last of the strawberry preserves you got from the workshop though.

You approach the door to the main clocktower.

Issei: hey just so you know, Roland and your sister might be murder monster things and try to kill us.

Troy: Yeah...I've gathered, lets finish this quick.
>>
No. 811533 ID: 8a947d
File 149887221611.png - (84.91KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 26.png )
811533

You open the doors to the clock tower, inside the room is packed with people all staring blankly into nothing. None of them respond to you entering the room, they're all just standing there swaying and muttering to themselves. You think as long as you don't disturb them you should be fine.
>>
No. 811540 ID: 486e87

Creepy, like a minefield but with people.

Do a quick scan before proceeding, do you see Roland there and/or does Troy see April?
>>
No. 811556 ID: 611650

You could try your hand at non-lethal takedowns with blindfolds. No? Then find Vel and END HIM.
>>
No. 811558 ID: b1b4f3

It should be easy to find Roland, he is heavily scarred and is blind in one eye. Find him and see if you can cure him without the others noticing.
>>
No. 811562 ID: 91ee5f

>>811533
It shouldn't be too hard to find Roland. He should be the only guy wrapped in bandages.

But, if you find multiple people dressed like that, there is one other way to pick him out of the crowd.....because it should be pretty easy to recognize his womanly curves! XD

Or you can just sniff around for him.
>>
No. 811564 ID: 8a947d
File 149887847941.png - (147.02KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 27.png )
811564

He's not o the first floor, you check the next room and the next room until you have to climb the stairs onto the second floor. Once again you go through crowded rooms of mumbling, blank eyed men and women. You climb 6 floors until you find Roland.

One final room packed wall to wall with more people, in the midst of the throng you see a familiar figure in a red neckerchief. Roland stands in the middle of the mob in the same state as everyone else.
>>
No. 811567 ID: 91ee5f

>>811564
Yeah, that's Roland alright.

But how do we get to him without alerting the others?

Hmmmm.....! I've got it! Issei, shrink yourself so that you can get over to Roland and get the medicine rag onto his eyes! Make sure you also cover his mouth, in case he yells or something, so that he won't alert the others!
>>
No. 811572 ID: 094652

>>811564
Seconded

And remember to waddle!
>>
No. 811611 ID: fe7355

Hold up a moment. The malevolence here might sense you're seeking Roland and may have set a trap with a fake. Loop around to get a good look at him and give him a scent check before attempting to apply the dosed rag to his eye.
>>
No. 811622 ID: 8a947d
File 149889862259.png - (101.60KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 28.png )
811622

>>811567
>>811572
You can manage to slip past most of the people without shrinking down.

You reach the other side of him, it's definitely him. He's got that same empty look in his eye as everybody else.
>>
No. 811623 ID: 8a947d
File 149889873655.png - (92.78KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower 29.png )
811623

You really wonder what all of these people are going through, Roland's expression is a completely hopeless gaze. He looks like he's experiencing hell...

Roland...

Wake up...

Roland...
>>
No. 811624 ID: 8a947d
File 149889895404.png - (183.18KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 1.png )
811624

Torturer: WAKE UP HERETIC!

The torturer bashes you square across the jaw to jostle you awake. Its been what, 3 days ? You asked them to loosen your chains but it seems that complaints slipped by human resources.

Torturer: You ain't been cooperative with us at all have ya ?

You:...

Torturer: Well dat's fine ah guess, but it means we had to bring in a professional.

The door to your cell opens.
>>
No. 811627 ID: 8a947d
File 149889915064.png - (47.16KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 2.png )
811627

The priest walks in, his footsteps making no sound on the stone floor almost like he has no presence in the real world. Maybe this wasn't real, this is all just a bad dream and your still at the barracks passed out drunk... of course not.

Priest: You can leave now.

Torturer: Aye aye sir! ah can't wait to hear this!
>>
No. 811628 ID: 8a947d
File 149889949195.png - (67.23KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 3.png )
811628

Priest: Pitiful heretic, you were born into lies and raised on degeneracy.

Priest: I must admit, a lesser man would have broken under 3 days of torture. Looks like every step in brainwashing you gave you some sense of character, how odd.

You: Heh...hey man, I don't have nearly as much "character" as that dumb ass hat you're wearing.

Priest: You even manage to make jokes in your situation ? If you were one of us I might respect you. That being said I am giving you a chance to repent.

Priest: Denounce your demon god Athmoor right here, and I'll let you go. I am nothing if not benevolent.

Priest: Well? I'm waiting...
>>
No. 811629 ID: 9876c4

My god's not perfect, but at least he don't torture people for not towing the line...!

(Unless he does, because that would be awkward)
>>
No. 811630 ID: 8b43b7

"... Why should I? WHY?! What do the heavenly gods offer us?! A barren wasteland to build our brittle cities on?! Hordes of monsters and demons to tear us to shreds?! All the hatred and confusion of mortal men, where we build marvels that outshine anything in the cosmos and then turn them upon ourselves?! I hate this world, THAT is why I do not worship the traitor gods. Why I worship a DEAD god.

A dead god can offer nothing, promise nothing, so yes I agree that my path is foolish and ignorant and is likely the most prevalent reason for my upcoming demise. But the reason he died was because he gave too many boons. We're just trying to give them back."
>>
No. 811641 ID: fab662

Spit in his fucking face. Betrayer worshipping son of a bitch...
>>
No. 811644 ID: 486e87

Spit at him. Tell him to give you a reason to do so.
>>
No. 811651 ID: 441159

Didn't think mercy and benevolence were words you knew the meaning of, how curios.
I don't want to join the 'mad hat club', as I was sadly cursed with a sense of fashion. You should see me in that bitchin' dress I got ;)
>>
No. 811652 ID: 91ee5f

>>811628
"If repenting means joining you, then I'll pass. Partly because of your religion, but it's mostly because of the dress code. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a hat that stupid."
>>
No. 811653 ID: 8d4593

Got bad news for you son, me repenting isn't gonna be enough...

Last time I saw her I had your mother screaming "Athmoor" all night long.
>>
No. 811683 ID: b1b4f3

>>811628
Denouncing Athmoor would be pointless, he was never a god in the first place. Also he's fucking dead. Look this priest in the eye. Ask who he is to know Athmoor's name but not what he was.
>>
No. 811686 ID: 8a947d
File 149894265481.png - (111.29KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 4.png )
811686

You: What ? Does repenting mean I get to join the priests ? Oh! Do I get a fucking stupid hat too ? Sorry I couldn't accept after all I was cursed with this thing called a sense of fashion.

Priest: You joke out of fear. You and I both know it would be less painful if you simply stopped your pagan ways, what good will come from worshiping a corpse of a god ?

You: Athmoor wasn't a god, from what I can tell gods force themselves upon the living making them follow their every word. Athmoor was much more than the fakes you call gods, he gave us life and expected nothing back. Your gods came upon him and took advantage of that kindness stealing everything he had created.

Priest: You truly are deluded aren't you. Fine even if Athmoor isn't a god what good will come from worshiping a corpse ?

You: What good will come from worshiping those usurper gods ? They've given us nothing but a barren wasteland to our brittle cities on, the confusion and hatred of mortal men stumbling around a dead world, where we build marvels that outshine anything in the cosmos and then turn them upon ourselves?! I hate this world, That is why I do not worship the traitor gods. Why I worship a corpse.

You spit on his shoe for emphasis.

Priest:...

Priest: I tried doing this the easy way, but my job is to save as many souls as possible even if I must kill them to make sure they are sent to heaven.

The Priest begins to reach into his coat pocket
>>
No. 811687 ID: 8a947d
File 149894284979.png - (159.42KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 5.png )
811687

Priest: The gods do not forgive easily, but with enough work they will accept anyone willing.

Priest: We priests are trained in several methods of soul cleansing. This is one of the more extreme procedures, I hope you'll understand.

Priest: This will hurt less if you struggle less.

The Priest begins to chant something as he slowly moves the needle closer to your eye.
>>
No. 811689 ID: 8a1065

Meh, I'll live.
>>
No. 811690 ID: 3c751f

Sacrifice your eye for a ritual to escape.
>>
No. 811710 ID: 110ea0

That is an excellent idea kome.
>>
No. 811714 ID: f36501

Don't scream.
>>
No. 811718 ID: 8a947d
File 149895155444.png - (64.14KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 6.png )
811718

>Sacrifice eye
a Ritual summon requires a catalyst with a summoning symbol drawn on it, you have no catalyst and cannot draw summoning sygils with your hands bound.

Priest: In the past some cultures would place coins on the eyes of their dead so that their souls may use them to pay to enter the afterlife.

Priest: This is nothing like that.

Priest: I am going to remove your sense of sight as a sacrifice to the Regent Pantheon, hopefully they will forgive you for your sins and allow you into heaven.

You: Nnnnghh...Ahhh..AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!.
>>
No. 811719 ID: 8a947d
File 149895182134.png - (109.69KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 7.png )
811719

Priest: Good, you didn't move too much. It would've hurt just as much if you did but it wouldn't have been easier for me.

Another priestess enters the room, shes wearing a blue scarf.

Priestess: Father Collen ? The Head Meister is calling you up. Should I tell him you're busy.

Father Collen: No no, I'll be up soon. Our guests aren't going anywhere.
>>
No. 811724 ID: 8a947d
File 149895207720.png - (51.45KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Memory 8.png )
811724

Father Collen: Now pagan you will have time to think about your decisions, I will gladly allow you freedom if you were to repent by my return.

Father Collen: If you don't however, I will take your other eye and send your soul to heaven here in this cell. You better make the right choice boy, or else...

Father Collen: You're going to die in this hole.
>>
No. 811727 ID: f36501

People like you burn fate, Roland.

Let him leave, and find a way to break your chains within your cell. You aren't going to some asshole god's heaven, no matter how this shakes out.
>>
No. 811745 ID: 8a947d
File 149895949283.png - (140.22KB , 1212x826 , Clock Tower Wake Up.png )
811745

Issei: Roland!...Roland!

You:...

Troy: Whats the matter with him ?

Issei: i don't know, i used the rag he should be getting better

You: Hhhggg...

Troy: Gallows! Talk to us, are ya alright ?

You:[smaller]I'm not gonna die in this hole...people like me burn fate.[/smaller]

Issei: Roland ?

You: I...Where ?

Troy: You're in the clock tower, we're on our way to kill the son of a bitch responsible for all this shit. Can you move? are you alright to go forward ?

You: Feel like I've been asleep for a month... I can walk but my limbs feel like jelly.

Issei: some being called Veacriel is causing all of this, do you have any knowledge about him Roland ?

You:...No, but I do know a mere god could never do this type of damage. So this thing is above godhood, a persons helping make this happen, or both.

Troy: We'll learn more when we higher up the tower, let's beat it.
>>
No. 811747 ID: b1b4f3

>>811745
Inventory check. If you're missing your gear you need to find it. If you're not... I wonder if you can pickpocket some of these other victims to get some more ingredients for your more powerful summons? You can summon more than one demon at a time, right?
>>
No. 811774 ID: 91ee5f

>>811747
This!

Make sure you've still got your precious Azerite!
>>
No. 811776 ID: 8a1065

>>811745
Well, that was a blast from the past.
Check if you still have your gun. If not see if you can nick one from the people around.

Let's gather what we know about Veacriel: It possesses people using their sight.
The possessed gain some kind of power like bloodarms or shapeshifting or strength.
It can grant extra power through shards.
It likes to play very ugly mind games.
>>
No. 811791 ID: 91ee5f

>>811774
Also, look around and notice the fact that you seem to be the only Pagan here. It's entirely possible that the Pagan Colony that you came here to do business with, might've been able to avoid getting possessed due to their collective pagan magic!
>>
No. 811891 ID: f36501

Don't touch anyone, check inventory, ASCEND.

Whatever is causing this needs to be stopped.
>>
No. 811970 ID: 8a947d
File 149903636733.png - (136.64KB , 1212x826 , Ascend 1.png )
811970

>Check inventory
You go through your bag...

Tools:
Sixshot Pistol (22 Bullets)
Ivory Repeater (26 Bullets)
Wicked Knife
Flask
Lantern
Paper Set

Items:
Horned Skull
Dead Fly
Dead Cockroach
Horse Head
Feather Bundle
2x Obsidian Shard
3x Strawberries (Rotten)
Fruit Pack (Rotten)

Yup everything's...shit.

You: Its gone.

Issei: whats gone ?

You: MY AZERITE ! ITS GONE !

Troy: W-well now calm down, the guy at the top of the tower probably took it! Lets kick his ass and take your shit back.

You: *sigh* right...
>>
No. 811973 ID: 8a947d
File 149903690170.png - (282.32KB , 1212x826 , Ascend 2.png )
811973

You: It's one thing to try and traumatize me by making relive past tragedies, its another thing entirely to steal my shit!

You: Lets climb.

You're party climbs the stairs of the clock tower.

Issei: Troy, I think you'd be more accustomed to this sort of thing.

Issei hands Troy the Shotgun and its ammo.

Troy: Thanks, oh that reminds me! Gallows that knife you use is a piece of shit.

Troy hands you A Curved Dagger

You: Nice, lets fuck up some elder gods.
>>
No. 811974 ID: 094652

Stay in stealth! You need to get as close as you can, prepare some demons, and make your first strike count!
>>
No. 811981 ID: 91ee5f

>>811973
Fuck, they even took your kick ass hat!

We need that Azerite to make the world green again! Hopefully you can get up there and get it back before he ends up using it to do something else! Because it took you forever to find that and if he uses it, then it'll take you forever to find another Azerite to replace it!

>lets fuck up some elder gods.
And hope that Issei's luck with rolling critical hits will rub off on Roland!
>>
No. 812025 ID: 8a947d
File 149904651573.png - (206.63KB , 1212x826 , Ascend 3.png )
812025

Its a while before you reach the top, staircases wind up the clock tower through mechanical bits and pieces. Cogs and gears stand motionless keeping the clock at 12:00 Midnight.

>Prepare some demons
(Summons List: https://tgchan.org/wiki/D3Quest)

Issei and Troy hand you what they've gathered and you recall the ingredients you had looted from the apartments.

Tools
An Odd Ring
Items
4x Amethyst
A Wooden Bead Necklace
A Silver Mirror
2x Ruby Ring
A Shard of Veacriel

You can summon more than one demon at a time as long as you have the ingredients, if you need something to use as a catalyst try using objects together to make something you can write on.

What do you want to summon ?
>>
No. 812037 ID: 91ee5f

>>812025
Dang, the only thing I see that we can summon is the Demon's Dick Flagellum. For now, draw the symbol on the mirror and wait until you get to the top to put the Horse Head in front of the mirror. That way you don't accidentally knock yourself or one of your teammates off of the stairs when you summon it.

If we had something tough, then we could also summon the Bulwark Brute, but we can't.
>>
No. 812041 ID: 9876c4

>>812037
A shard of Velacriel isn't tough enuff?
>>
No. 812043 ID: 91ee5f

>>812041
I think that might not count as "something tough". It might count as something else and we'd summon something that might not be helpful.

I guess we could try it though. But we should still wait till we're at the top before summoning it. I don't like the thought of summoning something and it accidentally knocking one of us off the stairs!
>>
No. 812044 ID: 5ed72f

>>812041
Isn't it kind of metall?
Let's see if our hat is at the top.
>>
No. 812045 ID: 8a947d
File 149904902384.png - (69.20KB , 1212x826 , Maybe Don't.png )
812045

You aren't sure what the shard is made of...

You try writing a summoning symbol on it and-
>>
No. 812047 ID: 8a947d
File 149904906824.png - (689.75KB , 1212x826 , Holy Shit.png )
812047

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>>
No. 812048 ID: 8a947d
File 149904909575.png - (74.29KB , 1212x826 , Never Again!.png )
812048

You wipe the sygil off of the shard,

you don't want to do that again...
>>
No. 812051 ID: 91ee5f

>>812048
Okaaaaay.....I guess that means we can't use it to summon anything.

Let's just stick to my earlier plan here: >>812037 and summon the Demon's Dick Flagellum!
>>
No. 812065 ID: f36501

Should we at least send up a Voyeuristic Globule first to check out the situation? That way we could all better prepare.
>>
No. 812066 ID: 91ee5f

>>812065
But we've only got 1 reflective thing!
>>
No. 812074 ID: f36501

>>812066
Couldn't we break it? or if the silver part makes it too difficult for Roland, have Issei do it? A broken mirror would do the same thing as a whole one right?

Or are we superstitious about breaking mirrors in this world too?
>>
No. 812095 ID: 91ee5f

>>812074
Well.....uh.....I don't know. Can we do that?

No, wait, I remember now. Whatever we use needs to be big enough for Roland to draw the summoning symbol on it. So, in theory, we could break the mirror as long as the pieces are big enough to draw on.
>>
No. 812098 ID: 094652

You have the ingredients for a Gnat.

Actually, I recommend you summon something that's blind. Vel might try to control demons with sight.
>>
No. 812149 ID: b1b4f3

>>812025
What happened to the gauntlet?
>>
No. 812151 ID: 8a947d
File 149906490579.png - (154.81KB , 1056x805 , Silver Mirror.png )
812151

>>812074
You don't break the mirror, instead you carefully remove the Mirror Glass from the Silver Frame giving you two items instead of one.
>>
No. 812153 ID: 8a947d
File 149906517310.png - (220.57KB , 1212x826 , Take your time.png )
812153

You have several options for summons, anything in your inventory can be used but will be destroyed in the process. You are only limited by things you want to keep. The best thing you have right now is the Horse Head; there are a lot more things in the Horse Head than guts and brains. That and the Paper Pack still has plenty of sheets to use.

Don't forget you can always alter an item to fix its description (i.e giving something to somebody then taking it back without them knowing to make it Something Stolen)

You are approaching the top of the tower soon, decide on what you want to summon.
>>
No. 812156 ID: 094652

Cerebral Gnats go for the eyes, right? Summon one.

Save up the ingredients for the hawk, look for glasses.

Hopefully Vel has a few burning torches for dramatic effect. Prepare your rubies to summon a living pyre.
>>
No. 812160 ID: b1b4f3

>>812153
We can summon a flagellum by getting some viscera out of the head, a gluttony by removing teeth from the head, a pure if we can burn a piece of paper, but the hawk would be tricky. Would an eyeball count as see through?
>>
No. 812163 ID: 91ee5f

>>812153
Let's summon the Demon Flagellum.

And if we can break one of the horns off the skull, it'll count as 2 things, 1 bone and 1 tough. Combine those with the 2 obsidian and we can summon the Bulwark Brute!
>>
No. 812194 ID: ca39ab

>>812156
"Voyeuristic Globule lets you look through its eye and points out key weaknesses. (Sustain Time: 1 Hour)

And the Cerebral Gnat controls people. (Sustain Time: 1 Minute/ 1 Hour after infecting host)"

So I'm going to vote Globule first and then we can see what would work best.

Also for the hawk, couldn't we take a scrap of fabric or paper and poke a hole in it? Technically see through. Might be similar to the situation with the kinda purple crystals.
>>
No. 812356 ID: 8a947d
File 149911374384.png - (312.60KB , 1212x826 , Summon Barrage.png )
812356

>Summoning Hawk
You try to use the different methods for summoning the hawk using the paper and the eye, but both rituals fizzle. Guess See-Through in this case only means Transparent.

>Summon
You Take a Tooth from the Horse Head, some Rotten Strawberries, 2 Amethyst Shards, and the Silver Frame to Summon the Roaming Gluttony.

You take a tinderbox from your lantern kit and burn the edge of a piece of paper, take the rubies and the Wooden Beads to summon the Living Pyre

and you take some guts from the Horse Head and the Mirror Glass to summon a Demon Flagellum (add 5 STRENGTH while summoned).
>>
No. 812357 ID: 8a947d
File 149911383851.png - (195.03KB , 1212x826 , Summon Barrage 2.png )
812357

...and you take a horn off of the skull and the 2 obsidian shards to summon a Bulwark Brute.

The door to the top of the clock tower is just up ahead.
>>
No. 812364 ID: 8a947d
File 149911453711.png - (35.85KB , 1212x826 , Clockface 1.png )
812364

Issei kicks the door down. Inside a group of people are kneeling in front of a makeshift stage, on which a man walks back and forward yelling a sermon of some sort while holding your Azerite.

Talo: For you see friends ! He has arrived for us and us alone!

Talo: Veacriel will set us free from the bonds of this wasteland, this corpse of a world. He has sent us an honored guest who had brought us a most gracious gift!

Talo: Real life Azerite! Truly a message that this day will go down in history as the birth of a new world!

Talo: He came early for us friends we must-

Talo: ...OH! It would seem some of our guests have decided to join us! But I am afraid this is only for our inner circle. You will have to wait below for our festivities to begin.
>>
No. 812365 ID: a7a688

Don't let him use that azerite. Top priority right there.
>>
No. 812368 ID: 094652

ALPHA STRIKE
>>
No. 812371 ID: 486e87

Didn't your mother teach you not to steal? Can't exactly call that rock a gift when it's not yours.

Bulwark at the front for cover and advance, a lot of our summons are melee so we'll need to get up close. Troy, can you shoot or ice that fool before he uses the Azerite?
>>
No. 812372 ID: f424fa

"You've got my hat."
>>
No. 812378 ID: c655d4

>>812364
"You stole my stuff. Prepare to die."
>>
No. 812379 ID: 91ee5f

>>812364
"That's not a gift, you stole it from me, you asshole! That just makes you a thief! Besides, if anyone's gonna be fixing this world, it's gonna be me!"

We just kill that dumbass on the stage and everything will be fixed, right?

Also, I have a feeling that Troy is gonna see his sister is one of the inner circle guys.
>>
No. 812451 ID: 8a947d
File 149912621329.png - (117.08KB , 1212x826 , Clockface 2.png )
812451

You: That doesn't belong to you asshole! now give it back before I have to feed you to this guy.

Issei:... wait, me or the demon ?

You: Does that matter Issei ?

Talo: You ArEn'T GUeSt's ! YOUVE SHUnED VEACRIELS GIFT aND Now SEek To Ruin OUR PLANS!

Talos: No matTer... I Don'T neEd to WoRry abouT yOu foR LonG. FRIENDS! please RelEAse ThEse pOor foOls frOm their Mortal Coil...
>>
No. 812453 ID: 8a947d
File 149912633901.png - (410.27KB , 1212x826 , Meet The Crazies.png )
812453

Talo's mob removes their cloaks showing the throng of mutated creeps underneath.

Talo: EARL! MaKe swiSS cHeeSE OuTta TheSE Idiots!
>>
No. 812464 ID: 8a947d
File 149912697735.png - (249.44KB , 1152x725 , Brawl in the Clocktower 1.png )
812464

Earl takes aim and fires at You. The Bulwark Brute blocks his shots and protects your group.

Earl: EAT LEAD SUCKERS !

Who's going to attack next ?

Roll 1d20 for SKILL when Shooting
Roll 1d20 for STRENGTH when Striking

Abilities can be used in addition to actions, you can always show one of your characters abilities if you're not sure what they are or what they do.
>>
No. 812495 ID: 91ee5f

>>812464
It's been a while since we last played as Roland, what's his stats again? I need to know what to add to a roll!
>>
No. 812516 ID: 8a947d
File 149913111371.png - (166.16KB , 1212x826 , Roland Stats.png )
812516

>>812495
WITS: 9
STRENGTH: 3
AGILITY: 4
CHARM: 6
SKILL: 5

Abilities
Stun Spike: Stun up to three targets (roll 1d8 for number stunned)

Aether Sight: View entities through walls or other visual obstructions. Before would highlight the whole city as a threat, but now that you understand whats going on will work properly.
>>
No. 812530 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 8 = 24

>>812516
Ok, then I'll roll for STRENGTH to attack Earl! (+8 because it's Roland's 3 and the extra 5 with the Flagellum summoned.)
>>
No. 812556 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 2 = 2

>>812516
Stun Spike seems like a really good opening move.
>>
No. 812595 ID: 8a947d
File 149914923264.png - (285.87KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 2.png )
812595

>rolled 16 + 8 = 24

You crack Earl across the jaw with the Flagellum. Earl is knocked out and will not be acting next turn!
>>
No. 812598 ID: 8a947d
File 149914951474.png - (268.54KB , 1056x811 , Brawl in the Clocktower 3.png )
812598

Talo: DAMmIT, EVELYNN! Take Out tHe SmALL oNE!

Evelynn glides towards you and and a pool of blood begins to form underneath you, the blood shoots up and forms a hand grabbing you tight.

Evelynn: Embrace VEACRIEL infidel.

You are snared and cannot act until the snare is destroyed or the caster of the spell is knocked out or killed.

It is your teams move, who will you have attack who ?
>>
No. 812602 ID: 094652

rolled 15 = 15

Troy, whack him!
>>
No. 812609 ID: add027

>>812598
You're being held in blood?
Blood!
Use the blood holding you to cast a shitload of spells.
>>
No. 812611 ID: add027

>>805790
>"The payment for the casting of a Ritual Spell is blood, either blood on hand or the blood of the caster."
If the QM says we can't do that, I will be upset.
>>
No. 812626 ID: 8a947d
File 149915438445.png - (288.40KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 4.png )
812626

>>812609
sorry to disappoint but...

You only know two abilities that use blood, Stun Spike and Aether Sight. Aether Sight won't help you out of the snare and you can't lift your arms to launch a Stun Spike!

>rolled 15 = 15

(Troy has 4 STRENGTH so this roll becomes a 19. You can always check characters to see their stats and abilities)

Troy punches Evelynn, not enough to knock her out but enough to hurt.
>>
No. 812628 ID: 8a947d
File 149915453311.png - (250.82KB , 1078x781 , Brawl in the Clocktower 5.png )
812628

Talo: BARN, The TAll OnE!

Barn leaps into the air and bashes Issei in the face. 2 more of those and Issei could go down...

Its your groups turn, who will attack who ?
>>
No. 812629 ID: a7a688

Why are we just whacking? Shoot, stab, maim, and just overall do actual damage.
>>
No. 812633 ID: 094652

rolled 19 = 19

Roaming Gluttony, attack Barnie! Go for the legs!
>>
No. 812643 ID: ee8bec

Yeah, I get that maybe if we beat the big baddie these people might become people again, but if we're taking serious hits from the mobs before the real boss, we need to play for keeps. Take them out as efficiently as possible before we're swarmed. We won't save anyone if we fail here.
>>
No. 812647 ID: f424fa

>>812628
Can they act without Talo giving them orders?
Try sniping him when Gallows is free again.
>>
No. 812771 ID: 8a947d
File 149919914810.png - (113.29KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 6.png )
812771

>>812629
>>812643
If you want to make a more lethal move try rolling for SKILL to shoot them or looking through character abilities to use one. check a characters stats to know what they should add to a roll and what their abilities are.

>>812647
It looks like he's more or less shouting in frustration rather than ordering, you can shoot him when free but his minions will keep attacking.

>rolled 19 = 19
The Roaming gluttony leaps at Barn and swallows his legs, Barn is restrained and cannot move unless he is assisted.
>>
No. 812772 ID: 8a947d
File 149919941850.png - (315.85KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 7.png )
812772

Talo: HecriM! TaKe Out One OF THoSe DemON ThingS!

Hecrim leaps into the air and slices The Bulwark Brute across its carapace. Next time it defends someone its shell will break.

Its your group's move
Roland(You) will be free'd from snare next turn
who will you have attack who ?
>>
No. 812801 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 9 = 29

The only one of our guys we haven't checked is Troy. Let's take a quick look at his stats.

And for the sake of actually attacking someone.....

>>812772
Issei, you're good with disarming enemies. Attack Hecrim and rip off his arm holding the sword!
>>
No. 812803 ID: 91ee5f

>>812801
Holy shit! Issei got another crit?! He might just flat out kill Hecrim instead of only disarming him!
>>
No. 812804 ID: f505e7

>>812801
those crits man
>>
No. 812813 ID: 8a947d
File 149920923135.png - (174.09KB , 1212x826 , Troy Stats.png )
812813

>>812801
WITS:5
STRENGTH: 4
AGILITY: 5
CHARM: 8
SKILL: 9

Abilities
Jet Black: Launches large shards of black ice at target(roll 1d8 to see how many ice shards are summoned)

Void Ice Prison: Encase target enemy in black ice)
>>
No. 812815 ID: 8a947d
File 149920934804.png - (206.41KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 8.png )
812815

>rolled 20 + 9 = 29
CRITICAL

Why disarm when you can kill? Issei impales Hecrim!
>>
No. 812816 ID: 8a947d
File 149920942457.png - (196.97KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 9.png )
812816

And follows up by decapitating Hecrim killing him!

The enemy team is shaken by this viscous show. your team gets to move again !
>>
No. 812818 ID: add027

rolled 5 + 9 = 14

>>812816
Have Gallows rapidly turn Aether Sight on and off to free the blood holding his right arm in place, then use the rest of the blood to fire stun spikes at the crowd.
>>
No. 812819 ID: add027

Are we supposed to roll a d20 for success and a d8 for targets hit, or just the d8?
>>
No. 812821 ID: 8a947d

>>812819
just the d8, rolling a one will count as a failure
>>
No. 812824 ID: add027

rolled 6 = 6

Rolling for spikes, then.
>>
No. 812828 ID: 4951b9

Pyre attacks the gray one, maybe?
>>
No. 812835 ID: 8a947d
File 149921432524.png - (259.07KB , 1212x826 , Stun Spike.png )
812835

>rolled 6 = 6
You were free'd from the snare before, but there's still plenty of blood left on the ground to use for a spell.

You prepare a stun spike and blast the first person you see, the stream of red light arcs off of their body and hits the next, and the next, and continues until every active member of the enemy team is stunned!

Every active member of the enemy team is stunned and cannot act!

Talo: W-WhaT ? sNaP oUT Of iT I FOOLS !...uuuugh I Don'T nEEd to WastE mY TiMe HerE!

Talo jumps behind the makeshift stage and down into a trap door with your Azerite !
>>
No. 812851 ID: 094652

Wait.

Five were stunned, you rolled a 6. Do the game rules state you hit one less than what you rolled?
>>
No. 812873 ID: 8a947d

>>812851
If one equals a failure than 2 would equal 1 target hit, 3 would be 2 targets hit. etc.
>>
No. 812902 ID: 91ee5f

>>812835
>Talo jumps behind the makeshift stage and down into a trap door with your Azerite!
That fucker is running away!

Issei, as the teammate with the highest agility, go chase after him!

Luckily, the entire enemy team is stunned, so they can't get in the way!
>>
No. 812923 ID: b1b4f3

>>812835
Issei, give chase. Everyone else can make attacks of opportunity on the stunned enemies. The pyre hasn't acted yet, I want to see some damage.
>>
No. 812958 ID: 8a947d
File 149923951719.png - (406.31KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 10.png )
812958

>>812923
The Living Pyre lunges at the Blood Arms engulfing it in flames and burning it to death.
>>
No. 812959 ID: 8a947d
File 149923961858.png - (144.87KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 11.png )
812959

Issei leaps over the wooden stage and tries to follow Talo into the trap door. A large Blood Arm emerges from the hole and grabs Issei restraining him!
>>
No. 812960 ID: 8a947d
File 149924008685.png - (158.55KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 12.png )
812960

Some giant bloody creature contorts it's massive body through the small hole and leaps over the wooden set. The mass of blood and guts that make up its body is topped off by a large shard of Veacriel with your Azerite jammed into the front of it! the beast speaks with Talo's voice.

Talo: DO NOT AVERT YOUR GAZE! FOR THIS IS VEACRIEL'S POWER GIVEN PHYSICAL FORM WITH THE AID OF GOD'S BONE!

Talo: SOON I WILL GIVE THE TRUE VEACRIEL A VESSEL TO INHABIT AND HE WILL BRING US A TRUE HEAVEN ON EARTH!

Talo lets out an disgusting other worldly roar signalling the absence of any humanity.

Issei is restrained by Talo !
Talo's group will be free'd from stun next turn !
What's your next move !
>>
No. 812961 ID: 780a88

Troy, make it rain from above, Roland demons from below
>>
No. 812966 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 4 = 4

>>812960
Troy, use Jet Black and aim at the arm that's holding Issei to try and free him!

Meanwhile, one of the demons and/or Roland should take advantage of the enemy team still being stunned and get in another free hit!
>>
No. 812988 ID: 5ad6f0

rolled 18, 19, 15 = 52

Order the Bulwark to throw itself into the crowd, disrupting unit cohesion and distracting everyone while Roland uses the Roaming Gluttony to fly up and grab the Azerite!

Rolling 3d20.
>>
No. 812990 ID: 8a947d
File 149924925182.png - (343.67KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 13.png )
812990

>rolled 4 = 4

Troy uses Jet Black and fires 3 shards of black Ice, two hit Talo in the face thingy and one severs his arm freeing Issei!

Meanwhile You impale the Blood Body with the demon flagellum and kill it.
>>
No. 812991 ID: 8a947d
File 149924933399.png - (130.21KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 14.png )
812991

Talo rears back to attack You! but the Bulwark Brute steps in to block his attack. You are saved but the Bulwark Brute is killed in action.
>>
No. 812994 ID: b1b4f3

>>812991
So uh can Roland spam stun spike using the blood in that giant monster?
>>
No. 813000 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

We know Issei can reshape himself smaller, but can he also make himself bigger? Because if he can, let's have him became the same size as Talo!
>>
No. 813014 ID: f36501

rolled 19 = 19

So current status of the opposing team if I'm understanding right:
Talo: OK
Earl: KO? or Stunned
Evelynn: Stunned
Hecrim: Dead
Barn: Restrained
Arms: Dead
Body: Dead
???: Stunned

And everyone except maybe Earl is about to get out of stun.

So my vote would be for the gluttony to swallow or chompkill Barn, before anyone can help him escape.
>>
No. 813015 ID: 486e87

>>813014
Yeah, lets get rid of their bruiser before it escapes. Gluttony, start chewing.
>>
No. 813016 ID: e5d87d

rolled 18 + 9 = 27

troy shoot earl or evelyn whoever is farther. they're both ranged fighters so take them out asap
>>
No. 813098 ID: 8a947d
File 149928862709.png - (85.75KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 15.png )
813098

>>812994
If you can get close enough without getting grabbed.

>>813015
>>813014
Gluttony swallows Barn, killing him.
>>
No. 813103 ID: 8a947d
File 149928875625.png - (167.93KB , 979x771 , Brawl in the Clocktower 16.png )
813103

Someone sneaks up behind Issei and cuts him across the back! If Issei takes anymore punishment he might be out of the fight!

Evelynn is no longer stunned
Talo is charging something!
Whats your next move ?
>>
No. 813107 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 5 = 21

>>813103
Roland, shoot that fucker that slashed Issei!

Issei, get away and regroup with your team! Then, when you get a good distance away from the enemy, accelerate your healing!
>>
No. 813108 ID: e5d87d

>>813016
bumping my own suggestion. shoot evelyn.
>>
No. 813110 ID: f36501

>>813103
Talo: OK
Earl: Knocked Out
Evelynn: OK
Hecrim: Dead
Barn: Dead
Arms: Dead
Body: Dead
???: OK

Why is ???/someone greyed out anyways? Do they just look weird or is their appearance obscured to us? I'm hesitant to attack on the off chance it could be April. Unlikely but still a concern.

>>813107
Seconded Issei retreating and healing up. Don't want to lose our bruiser.
>>
No. 813112 ID: 91ee5f

Also, here's a review of our team:

Roland: Little damage
Issei: Severely damaged, at risk of dropping out of fight
Troy: No damage
Roaming Gluttony: No damage
Living Pyre: No damage
Demon Flagellum: No damage, equipped to Roland (+5 to Roland's STRENGTH rolls)
Bulwark Brute: Dead
>>
No. 813119 ID: 9e346b

So after this fight can we steal it power or something
>>
No. 813121 ID: 780a88

Mr Chompers (gluttony) and Bernie Red Hot (living pure) can go kill Evelyn, Troy aim some black ice for that big things eyes. When it hits and he's blinded Roland use Jefferey Cuddle-trousers to spring yourself and and use the strength bonus to the the azurite from its forehead!
>>
No. 813124 ID: 8a947d
File 149929464196.gif - (1.06MB , 1212x826 , prsTVKGRzePtn8ed.gif )
813124

>>813108
>>813107

Issei retreats to a safer spot and accelerates his healing, he won't be able to act next turn.

>>813110
Its like somethings obscuring him, you're not sure who he is but you can tell its a man.

>>813121
That's a good plan, but Talo doesn't seem to have eyes. You'd need to distract him some other way

>rolled 16 + 5 = 21
You move to shoot the shadowed figure...

[ANIMATED]
>>
No. 813125 ID: 8a947d
File 149929484652.png - (183.36KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower (Someone-2).png )
813125

...But shoot Evelynn instead ? Evelynn falls to the floor dead.

Talo: CHRYSLER WHAT THE HELL!

Chrysler: I was tryin' ta grab the tall guy, Evelynn always gets in the way.

Chrysler may have saved himself but it cost their team a member, and counted as their move.

Issei cannot act this turn.
What's your next move ?
>>
No. 813128 ID: f36501

>>813125
ENEMY STATUS
Talo: OK
Earl: Knocked Out
Evelynn: Dead
Hecrim: Dead
Barn: Dead
Arms: Dead
Body: Dead
Chrysler: OK

TEAM STATUS
Roland: Little damage
Issei: Severely damaged, Healing (can't act)
Troy: No damage
Roaming Gluttony: No damage
Living Pyre: No damage
Demon Flagellum: No damage, equipped to Roland (+5 to Roland's STRENGTH rolls)
Bulwark Brute: Dead

So I agree with >>813121
Except just sending Chompers after Chrysler, and instead using Black Ice and Bernie to distract Talo by burning and freezing his legs and such before the Azurite snatching.
>>
No. 813131 ID: 094652

lol critical fail

I figure the roaming gluttony should protect Troy while he casts, and the living pyre can distract Talo with burn threats.
>>
No. 813139 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

>>813124
>>813125
Fuck, Chrysler is dangerous! He can switch places with anyone to avoid damage! And he said he was trying to get Issei, which means if Evelynn didn't "get in the way", we woulda ended up shooting Issei by accident!

Talo is still charging something and I don't like that. Troy, put Talo's plans on ice with Void Ice Prison! If Talo is too big to completely encase in ice, then just aim for his limbs to try and stop him from moving!

I think this counts as Troy's skill, so I'm adding his 9 SKILL to the roll!
>>
No. 813190 ID: 8a947d
File 149930452933.png - (227.10KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 17.png )
813190

Troy uses Void Ice Prison and restrains Talo!

Troy won't be able to use Void Ice Prison until after next turn.
>>
No. 813193 ID: 8a947d
File 149930464628.png - (215.37KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 18.png )
813193

In that moment you use the Flagellum to spring yourself up towards Talo and pluck the Azerite out of his head.

The action shakes Talo and Interrupts his charge.
>>
No. 813194 ID: 8a947d
File 149930478778.png - (125.16KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 19.png )
813194

Chrysler sneaks up behind the Roaming Gluttony and strikes it critically, killing it in one shot.

You can probably take care of Chrysler if he didn't move around as much.

Issei has recovered!
Its your move.
>>
No. 813201 ID: f36501

rolled 8 = 8

Nice! Rip poor Chompers though.

Well, let's see if we can't Stun Spike Chrysler (and maybe Talo too.) Then the pyre can take him out quickly, and we can all focus up on Talo.
>>
No. 813203 ID: 486e87

>>813201
We've already used it one, does Roland have enough blood to use it again?
>>
No. 813208 ID: f36501

>>813203
There's plenty of blood laying around from all of the dead people and from Talo's arms, so we should be able to use that instead!
>>
No. 813214 ID: 91ee5f

>>813201
Critical hit with the Stun Spike!
>>
No. 813275 ID: 8a947d
File 149931821530.png - (154.33KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 20.png )
813275

>rolled 8 = 8
CRITICAL

You stun both Talo and Chrysler with the full power of your Stun Spike!
>>
No. 813276 ID: 8a947d
File 149931837055.png - (230.91KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 21.png )
813276

You take your knife and quickly stab Chrysler before he can move to substitute himself and kill him.
>>
No. 813277 ID: 8a947d
File 149931855265.png - (293.81KB , 1212x826 , Brawl in the Clocktower 22.png )
813277

Then you turn towards Talo. You use your Flagellum once again to fling yourself towards his head and slice it in half!

The shards shoot fountains of blood into before crumbling into nothingness. The body evaporates into bloody mist leaving behind the bleached skeleton of who you believe to be Talo.

The trap door behind the stage that Talo jumped out is still open, something is down there...
>>
No. 813281 ID: 094652

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Living pyre goes down. Living Pyre goes boom.
>>
No. 813298 ID: 91ee5f

>>813277
>Something is down there...
Since Talo came outta there with a shard on his head, I'd say the source of everything wrong in this town is down there.

Roland, stand next to the hole, look down there, and say, "It's time to end this nightmare. Troy, Issei, let's finish this!"

Then everyone, including the Living Pyre, jumps down the hole.
>>
No. 813308 ID: 8a947d
File 149932394018.png - (195.63KB , 1212x826 , Inside the Clocktower 1.png )
813308

You:...Troy, Izzy ? Lets finish this.

You climb down the later underneath the door, as you descend it feels like somethings pulling you down; almost like the air is weighing down on you. Once you reach the bottom you see it. A giant Shard of Veacriel sitting on the gears of the clock tower.
>>
No. 813309 ID: 8a947d
File 149932416258.png - (206.58KB , 1212x826 , Inside the Clocktower 2.png )
813309

All you can do is stare. You feel like you're drowning. The longer you look at it the deeper down you go. Its pulling you somewhere. The longer and longer you look into the deep etched runes and ethereal glow the deeper you sink.

Finally you fall, but its not into an unfamiliar place. You've been here before, this place close to the void but close to the material world at the same time. The Pagan Summoners taught you how to reach this place before, but you haven't been here in so long.
>>
No. 813310 ID: 8a947d
File 149932426833.png - (22.13KB , 1212x826 , Inside the Clocktower 3.png )
813310

Out of existence, but not quite nothing.

The Halfway

Why did it bring you here ? What's there to see ? You look around the empty white void, but see nothing as usual.
>>
No. 813311 ID: 91ee5f

>>813310
Uh.....Aether Sight and look around?

I wouldn't be surprised if it sees you as a threat and is doing this to make you hold still so that it can kill you when you're unable to move!
>>
No. 813317 ID: 3583d1

>>813311
that might work
>>
No. 813340 ID: a7a688

How mentally prepared are you right now? Because I think you may need steel yourself.
>>
No. 813343 ID: f36501

What is the Halfway anyways?

Maybe this wannabe god wants to parlay.
>>
No. 813345 ID: f505e7

i think your dead
>>
No. 813349 ID: 8a947d
File 149934802201.png - (79.12KB , 1212x826 , Halfway to the Halfway House.png )
813349

>>813345
No, you don't go to The Halfway when you die.

>>813340
You're pretty sure you're well prepared. You remember The Halfway from when you were younger; honestly it's always been sort of calming: the blankness, the sound of echoing water falling, and the slight breeze, empty but not quite nothing.

>>813343
Well, that's hard to explain without explaining the things around The Halfway. Okay so... there are multiple plains of existence (for example our world and the aether) and between these plains there's a gap you have to cross to get between them, that's The Void. A twisting ocean with no top and no bottom; endless nothingness.

There's also a gap between the plains of existence The Void, there's always something between everything, The Halfway is that space. It's important to learn how to enter The Halfway before you can summon a demon so plenty of Summoners learn to enter it.

>>813311
Oh! and there's another important thing. You aren't PHYSICALLY in The Halfway, right now you are astral projecting yourself into The Halfway. Your real body is still on Second Helchaim, yeah its all real confusing, but the point is since you aren't in your real body you can't use your blood to cast rituals.
>>
No. 813350 ID: 486e87

>>813349
Urm, couple things. There's something that looks like water rising up, and what's that casting a massive shadow?
>>
No. 813352 ID: 91ee5f

>>813349
But doesn't that mean that right now your body is in danger of getting attacked while you're here?! You didn't project yourself here, that giant Shard of Veacriel forced you here and it might be trying to kill you right now!

Wait, do you think that thing also affected Issei and Troy? They might be here somewhere! .....or you're the only one here and Issei and Troy are currently protecting your body.
>>
No. 813353 ID: f36501

Do we have the Shard still on us?

Either way look out for that shadow.
>>
No. 813355 ID: 8d4593

Call out:
Trying to parlay, Veacriel?
>>
No. 813356 ID: 8a947d
File 149935225882.png - (58.92KB , 1212x826 , Halfway to the Halfway House 2.png )
813356

>>813353
You don't have anything except for the clothes you were wearing.

>>813350
The water's always there, its part of the Halfway. The shadows not however. You look up to see whats casting it...
>>
No. 813357 ID: 8a947d
File 149935242445.png - (165.19KB , 1212x826 , Halfway to the Halfway House 3.png )
813357

You see...

something much bigger than you. Veacriel... he drifts through the Halfway slowly going nowhere. It looks like he's passing out of t he material world through the Halfway and into the Void.

You hear him whispering, but not to you. You can't make out anything it says but, you don't feel any danger. Just...Shaking ?
>>
No. 813359 ID: 8a947d
File 149935303257.png - (151.89KB , 1212x826 , Liberation.png )
813359

Troy: Gallows! Hey!

You wake up to Troy shaking you.

Troy: You know from what Izzy's told me you sure do pass out a lot. What happened to ya ?

You: I...saw him

Troy: Who? That bastard behind all a this ?

You: Sorta? Veacriel. I saw him but...

Troy: But?

You: I don't think he was doing any of this on purpose.

Troy: What ? Ya mean to tell me he sent an entire city into madness by accident.

You: I...Kinda ? When I saw him he wasn't doing anything, he didn't even notice I was there. He just kept floating on and left

Troy: Well then what was all this mess about ?

You: I guess it's sort of like how people breath in air and breath out carbon dioxide. Its just something you do that can effect the things around you.

Troy: ...and the shards ?

You: Their like skin flakes, just fall off from time to time. Guess a big one landed near here and caused all of this.

Troy: but... Why'd he just pass over us ? He just accidentally almost causes another world disaster and moves on with no reason ?

You: How many anthills do you step over Troy ? You don't count each and everyone of them do you ? Whatever the reason it's over now...Where's Issei, hell where are we ?

Troy: Issei brought us to some workshop, said he wanted to check on some friends, everyone else in the clock tower snapped outta of it and left. People are still tryin' to process what happened, hell I'm still tryin' to process what happened.
>>
No. 813362 ID: 486e87

Tell Troy you got pulled / forced to project yourself into the halfway when you saw the shard.

It was just floating there, in the halfway, not really doing anything. Just a giant box with arms coming out the bottom of it.

Could've been this Talos person was trying to muck around with things he didn't understand, or maybe he couldn't, how can you try to understand something like that?

What happened to the shard anyway? Both the big one in the clocktower and the little one you were carrying.
>>
No. 813366 ID: f505e7

i think you just met a greet old one
>>
No. 813368 ID: f36501

A hurricane doesn't intend to destroy, it just does. Old ones like that are just a force of nature. No intent, just action.

But anyways, where's April??? She get out okay??
>>
No. 813375 ID: fc33ea

Where's the azerite?
>>
No. 813380 ID: 91ee5f

>>813359
"I hope everyone will forgive us for killing the guys that were attacking us. They didn't really give us a choice. Oh yeah, did you find your sister?"

Wait, did Troy pass out too or did Freitast protect him from that?

Also, check your inventory to make sure that the Azerite didn't get stolen again!

Now that everything has calmed down, maybe now you can finally find that Pagan colony you were looking for when you first came here! No more city of crazies = plenty of time to look around!

Although, after everything you guys have been through, I think you guys should relax and take a break before you go looking for the colony.
>>
No. 813418 ID: 8a947d
File 149937865398.png - (95.10KB , 1212x826 , Roland and Bridgette.png )
813418

>Azerite, Shard of Veacriel
Both are in your inventory, the Shard doesn't seem to be in any better or worse condition.

You: What happened to that giant shard back there ?

Troy: Well after you passed out I crushed it with Jet Black, and that fire thing you summoned burned the rest of it. The towers still standin' so everthin's fine.

You: And...your sister ?

Troy: She's in the hospital, When we found her she was hurt bad. Shes gonna be fine though, she's been through worse...

Troy: C'mon, lets go say hi to our hosts.

You and Troy leave the backroom and enter the main hall of the workshop. You see Issei.

Issei: ah you're okay, i was brought to this workshop during the disaster and used it for shelter. i also met this young woman, Troy, Roland this is-

You: Bridgette ?

Bridgette: R-Roland !?
>>
No. 813419 ID: 8a947d
File 149937896614.png - (81.19KB , 934x780 , Roland and Bridgette 2.png )
813419

Bridgette runs forward and hugs you.

Bridgette: I had no idea you were caught up in this mess! Why are you in New Olmec?

You: Why am I? Why are you ? Last I saw you were in picking mushrooms on the other side of the country.

Bridgette: It's a long story, one that starts with a wedding!

You: You got married ? Man I missed so much! I'm sorry I couldn't make the-

Troy: Umm...You two know each other?

You: Well yeah we know each other!
>>
No. 813420 ID: 8a947d
File 149937920953.png - (113.41KB , 1212x826 , Roland and Bridgette 3.png )
813420

You and Bridgette roll up your sleeves and show your upper arms, slowly two red tattoos begin to show against your skin. The Heretics fork, the mark of the Pagans.

You: I'm glad I found you! I need to find the Pagan Colony in this city.

Bridgette: Well that'll be no problem. I may be blind but I know the city streets forwards and backwards, but don't you want to rest first ? From what Issei's told me you sure could use it.

Bridgette:...and a shower too
>>
No. 813432 ID: 91ee5f

>>813420
>Rest first?
"Actually, I think all 3 of us could us some rest after what we had to fight. And if you know where we could get some food, that'd also be something we could use."

>...and a shower too.
"HEY!!! It's not my fault that something mind controlled me and forced me to stand around in a room crowded full of the entire town! Especially, since it's their smell that got on me, since they've probably been standing around in there longer than I did!"

*sniff* "Ugh, somehow I don't think washing my clothes will get rid of the smell. I hate to say it, but I think I might have to go to a Priest and ask for them to perform an exorcism on my clothes to get rid of the smell!"
>>
No. 813442 ID: 486e87

Rest would be good. How long have you been wearing that set of bandages for Roland? They could probably do with being changed, or at least washed.

Ask Issei what happened while you were mind controlled. It sounds like him and Troy really pulled your arse outta the fire, so they both (Mainly Issei because we saw how much he kicked ass) deserve thanks.
>>
No. 813503 ID: 8a947d
File 149939767712.png - (72.61KB , 1086x728 , Rest.png )
813503

Rest does sound nice. After all the bullshit you've all been through getting to sleep and bathe would be nice. You're also kind off hungry.

Bridgette: You three are welcome to stay at my house. Gallows you can use the shower.

Bridgette: From the looks of it people don't really understand what's happened, there's a litte confusion but I'm sure things'll clear up tomorrow.

Bridgette: Then we can head down to the colony and get what you need.

Bridgette leads you to her house.
>>
No. 813521 ID: 91ee5f

>>813503
>From the looks of it
Funny choice of words coming from the blind girl! XD

But seriously, we killed a few people that were possessed. I hope the townsfolk can understand and forgive us for possibly killing their friends and/or family.
>>
No. 813524 ID: 7fad5d

What's her house like?

>>813521
It's a figure of speech, everyone uses those. You don't need to change how you talk just because you're blind or deaf or whatever.
>>
No. 813526 ID: 91ee5f

>>813524
I know, but from what I've seen so far, Roland and Bridgette are close enough friends that Roland is allowed to get away with making jokes about saying things like that and Bridgette will be ok with it.
>>
No. 813527 ID: c655d4

>>813503
So quick clarification is she a childhood friend?
>>
No. 813528 ID: 7fad5d

>>813526
Mate I'm deaf IRL and if one of my friends pulled that it wouldn't be offensive, but it wouldn't be funny either. It's just been done to death. It's like asking what's up with airline food these days, even if you're trying to be ironic it just falls flat.
>>
No. 813538 ID: 91ee5f

>>813528
Buddy, I have an IRL friend that is blind and they don't give a fuck. In fact, they even encourage those kinds of jokes and they make some jokes too and we all laugh our asses off!
>>
No. 813669 ID: c1d8eb

Eh, people all have different senses of humor.

Regardless, onto the house and into the shower!
>>
No. 813686 ID: 8a947d
File 149946136457.png - (82.11KB , 1212x826 , Bridgettes house.png )
813686

>>813527
You knew her in your teenage years. You were good friends, but like a lot of the people you know you lost touch when you set out to steal the Azerite and go on your journey.

>>813521
Nobody knows it was you guys, that's not a problem.

You arrive at Bridgette's house. It's one of the smaller houses but that being said it's still pretty big.

Troy: Beautiful house you have here.

Bridgette: I'll have to take you word for it, Gallows the guest rooms down that way, it's probably filthy. Aw man all the food's probably gone bad too... Dammit.

Issei: i can help you shop if you need more, i assure you it's no trouble whatsoever

Bridgette: Well, all the shops are probably still closed. Sorry guys you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
>>
No. 813688 ID: 8a947d
File 149946149419.png - (85.61KB , 1212x826 , Bridgettes house 2.png )
813688

Bridgette shows you up to the guest room on the second floor. It's dusty, but still nice. That bed's enticing even when it has a blanket of dust over it.

Do you want to sleep now ?
>>
No. 813693 ID: 3583d1

>>813688
Not yet, lets get cleaned up because we probably stink of blood and cthulhu viscera. So lets have a shower and then maybe get something to eat.
>>
No. 813694 ID: 0fa7eb

Why are you asking?! Headbutt the pillow!
>>
No. 813695 ID: 91ee5f

>>813686
>Well, all the shops are probably still closed. Sorry guys you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
The closed shops aren't the problem. The problem is most or all of the food in town has gone bad, since everyone was forced to stand around in the Clock Tower for a really long time!

>>813688
Bathe first, then pick up that blanket and shake it as hard as you can to get as much of that dust off of the bed, then you can sleep.
>>
No. 813708 ID: 8a947d
File 149946431921.png - (130.52KB , 1212x826 , Shower.png )
813708

>Shower

As much as you love the smell of sweat blood and madness you should shower, you have no other change of clothes so instead you just change your wrappings with the bandages Issei had.
>>
No. 813709 ID: 8a947d
File 149946441817.png - (180.50KB , 1212x826 , Sunrise.png )
813709

You waste no time leaping into bed. The sun may be rising but you don't care, you plan on taking the longest nap possible.
>>
No. 813711 ID: 91ee5f

Sooo.....skill point/level up time for everyone?
>>
No. 813712 ID: 780a88

Any interesting dreams to be had?
>>
No. 813734 ID: 8a947d
File 149947012141.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , Whats to come 1.png )
813734

...
>>
No. 813739 ID: 8a947d
File 149947074088.png - (59.55KB , 1212x826 , Whats to come 2.png )
813739

Boss: Why haven't we heard back from the execution team yet ? Shorty, what did you see when you scryed New Olmec.

Shorty: Nothing! just a cloud of red I couldn't see through! It went away after a while but I couldn't find none of them.

Slim: I ain't heard nothin' from da chatterboxes eitha'

Boss:... Sounds bad.

???: Want me to go now ? my fishies are getting bored sitting around.

Boss: No Thea, you don't have an effigy. It would be dangerous for you to go.

>>
No. 813743 ID: 8a947d
File 149947096991.png - (78.87KB , 1212x826 , Whats to come 3.png )
813743

Slim: Boss! can I go ? I'm still pissed dat dis mook gotta cheap shot off on me.

Shorty: Yeah! I wanna give it another go too!

Boss:Fine, but if you guys fail Thea's going in.

Thea: Yaaaaaaaaay!

>>
No. 813744 ID: 8a947d
File 149947106956.png - (72.59KB , 1212x826 , Whats to come 4.png )
813744

Boss: We're running out of time people, we need to hurry it up before we miss our chance

Boss:...

Boss: Gallows...You're much more of a threat than I thought.

[END CHAPTER 4]
>>
No. 813749 ID: 8a947d

For any questions comments or concerns go to the disthread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/111978.html
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password