[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 854952)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151473785357.png - (3.38MB , 1000x1000 , title.png )
854952 No. 854952 ID: e4958d

//I usually plan to start tgchan quests with 2-10 written pages in google docs including three to ten preview updates to consider if the quest is worth it && I have the guts to post+motivation to stand the poor quality of art and text... THIS QUEST IS NOT LIKE THAT!!!
22 posts omitted. Last 50 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 855032 ID: 3abd97

>>855023
Hey, you! You things! Shoo!
>>
No. 855035 ID: 393ae0

I'm sure the small lizards can't hurt you too much as long as you're careful. Yeah, she should throw the stones at the frog. It's more important to drive them away than worry about minor injuries. Kick the frogman with conviction a few times.
>>
No. 855066 ID: 6cc25a

>>855035
Actually, maybe the lizards will kick him for us. First wait to see what the lizards do, and then, if they don't do anything useful, kick the frog away.
>>
No. 855088 ID: e4958d
File 151476554974.gif - (88.41KB , 500x400 , 9frm_3rd_awake.gif )
855088

>>855066
Actually this
[Animation]
>>
No. 855093 ID: ba506f

well he's not dead... probably should go help him
>>
No. 855095 ID: 3abd97

>>855088
Help frog, shoo away scavengers.

Probably need something to clean and bind wounds with.
>>
No. 855099 ID: 6cc25a

Wow, that's nasty. Both of you should throw the stones at the frog to scare the lizards away.
>>
No. 855118 ID: e4958d
File 151477175751.png - (588.02KB , 500x400 , olivansling.png )
855118

We're both throwing stones, but only some hit the target. Nevertheless, the little carnivores flee.
>>
No. 855121 ID: ba506f

well that worked at least, better go see if the frog is ok
>>
No. 855122 ID: 3abd97

Check on frog!
>>
No. 855124 ID: e4958d
File 151477356767.png - (736.57KB , 500x400 , water.png )
855124

Looking a bit around you find a perfect clean water source, a giant creature sleeping around what appears to be total vegetational mayhem. Only few stalks of giant grass seem available for makeshift bandaging. There's no way you can make more than minimal clothing from this amount without wandering further into the lands.
>>
No. 855129 ID: e4958d
File 151477499653.png - (560.95KB , 500x400 , found_water.png )
855129

>>855121
>>855122

The frog is still bleeding minorly, should be okay. He's awake now at last, that's a good thing anyways. You explain that while looking for the bandage materials you found a half-collapsed mountain brook with pools of clean water very close.
>>
No. 855130 ID: 2990c9

Those birds seem to have the right idea, and the wrong tools.

For instance, that giant bronto is just sleeping there. If you could find something to cut its throat, you could harvest enough meat and hide to roast a bonfire and make cured bronto pelts!
>>
No. 855138 ID: e4958d
File 151477673686.png - (242.53KB , 500x400 , frog_speaks.png )
855138

"It seems like there's a plateu above us, a perfect place for camping. We also have a large brontotauris sleeping up there, or whatever they're called." The olivan doesn't seem to know either but nods fiercely taking mental note of your report.

"We could kill the brontotauris skin it, roast and preserve the meat. We could make real clothes from the hides for example and a lot of other crafted stuff."

The frog interrupts your situational report and begins by thanking for saving his life.

"Thank you, whoever you two might be. Without you, those small critters could have blinded me and made me no-worth for surviving."

"You're welcome frog. We've got clean water for you up there." The olivan responds, but the frog keeps speaking.

"Yes, good, thank you. But as far as I followed your plan making, I might say your plan sucks. It's not that you are both females of your kin, it's that I happen to be a way more sophisticated scheme-thinker by nature. So let me ask you, if you have a creature up there that, bronto-, how many tons does it weigh? What if it wakes up when you stab it the first time? Can you run away from it? You told there's a large cliff next to it. Does its had happen to lie towards that mountainside? Do you know what leverage is? Can you push or pull down a stick that's tuck between very large rocks that start a landslide? If you two die trying to kill that megabeast with a sharp stone that only angers it, I'm not going to survive this place without going insane."
>>
No. 855145 ID: ba506f

I think the first thing that happens should just find a good safe(ish) place to set up a camp and then try to find materials to let you set up said camp.

Also probably a bit late but what happened before the 3 of you all crashed here on the beach?
>>
No. 855148 ID: d36af7

How about instead of cutting or stabbing with crude stone blades, which is likely to wake up the beast long before inflicting a mortal wound, we braid some rope for an (appropriately-scaled) garotte or noose? If it wakes up partway through being murdered, "hold tight and don't fall off" sounds simpler and safer than "stab some more and don't get trampled." Rope also could be reused for lots of other things.
>>
No. 855173 ID: e5fd8b

>>855138
Pepe's got a point. The safe way to hunt the bronto is to set up a partial ring of flammable fuel around it. Light the flames to force it to jump off the edge of the cliff and kill itself for you. If something goes wrong, you do not need to be anywhere nearby.
>>
No. 855184 ID: 6cc25a

What a smartypants he is. Tell him you don't appreciate him calling your plan sucky when he doesn't even propose an alternative.

Anyway, the three of you should go drink some water and wash up. Then introduce yourselves to each other. Describe skills and abilities of each.
>>
No. 855205 ID: e5fd8b

He was giving it in the realest way he could, for the best of motives. Reflect on the suck, and repent for it.
>>
No. 855238 ID: 3abd97

>>855138
That's a fair point (even if the delivery was kinda awkward and self aggrandizing). We've got no tools and attempting to kill that thing unarmed could go very bad pretty quick.
>>
No. 855566 ID: e4958d
File 151492817068.png - (922.09KB , 1920x1200 , olivan_sheet_lvl1.png )
855566

>>855145

The olivan says: "I just woke up here. I was dreaming."

>>855148
The olivan thinks: "I think stabbing and killing the bronto is a good idea we must stick to, but so brutal."

>>855173
"His point is not valid in any measure, that should be clear! We stab the bront, only roast it afterwards."

>>855184
"Yeah he is a smartypants." The olivan says: "Don't call our plan sucky when you haven't even got an alternative!"

>>855205
The olivan thinks again: "I have plenty of time to repent my doings here. I will be held accountable for every action I make here after I pass away."

>>855238
"But that's true, we can't stab the bronto with stones. We need something sharper and I have some ideas."


LEVEL UP
10 points to one stat.

Name of the olivan, and /nickname she wants to be called by
>>
No. 855592 ID: 6cc25a

Name: Emmanaia
Nickname: "Ena"
Points into: AGI
>>
No. 855680 ID: 9876c4

FRT has gotta be farting skill. We need more of that.
>>
No. 855736 ID: 3abd97

>>855566
Call her Jodene. Nickname Jodi.

Put points in INT.
>>
No. 855742 ID: 33cbe7

Name: Kitara
Nickname: Kit
All points into FRT.
>>
No. 855748 ID: 094652

Put points into whatever stat increases exp gain.
>>
No. 855806 ID: e4958d
File 151498565524.png - (927.41KB , 1920x1200 , olivan_sheet_lvl2.png )
855806

Kitara
+10 points in Intelligence

increase in exp gain.

>>855680

Unlikely that fortitude increases the skill to fart, but it does increase the ability to keep from farting when it's not proper, which is realised with the (experience gain increasing) stats, influence and intelligence.
>>
No. 855807 ID: e4958d
File 151498568937.png - (862.47KB , 1920x1200 , velgris_sheet_lvl1.png )
855807

>>
No. 855813 ID: 6cc25a

Name: Marosia
Nickname: Rose
Points: STR

I don't see the point in all these stats but, I suppose it would be useful to specialize each of these characters, for instance, Olivan agility, Velgris strength, Frogman endurance.
>>
No. 855936 ID: 3abd97

>>855807
Isabel, nickname Ibb.

Put points in ATR.
>>
No. 856125 ID: e4958d
File 151509648461.png - (863.13KB , 1920x1200 , velgris_sheet_lvl2.png )
856125

Ibb gains 10 points in strength.

Same for "Pepe", his stats are min/max weighed towards influence/intelligence/resistance(endurance)

at the expense of hp, attractiveneess and strength.
>>
No. 856140 ID: 6cc25a

Frogman

Name: DePapias
Nickname: Pepe
Points: FRT
>>
No. 856172 ID: 3abd97

Ignacio, nickname Iggy.

Put the points in persuasion.
>>
No. 856671 ID: e4958d
File 151529056249.png - (293.69KB , 1920x1200 , pepe_sheet_lvl2.png )
856671

<- Points in Fortitude, not Resistance or influence.

//paused for a while / few days -again, it's shaping! Speed up the creation by sending perfect quest instructions while I'm being too busy to draw & quest, but not too busy to check back here once per day
>>
No. 856777 ID: 6cc25a

Ok, so now we know their stats, but what about their skills, what are they good at doing? What were their professions before they got here?
Does any of them even know how to make a fire?

We'll probably need to make some tools and a shelter, but can't make much without any plants to cover and tie the stuff together. So we'll definitely need to go exploring. I'd suggest for the thirsty ones to first go and drink from the pools. Uhh, let Pepe drink first in case it's poisonous. And then go exploring. Pepe goes to the left of the beach, Kitara to the right (or she can pray for some luck), and Isabel climbs inland. Regroup here in an hour and bring back anything useful.
>>
No. 857597 ID: e4958d

//my only pentablet is currently broken.
>>
No. 857612 ID: 6cc25a

>>857597
This is all Pepe's fault.
>>
No. 858109 ID: e4958d
File 151580779944.png - (1.85MB , 960x600 , pool.png )
858109

Pepe drinks first, he finds the water 'good'. Ibb drinks next, but when asked, Kit doesn't seem interested, because she already got 'greased' for today.

The three shortly discuss about their past.

Kit doesn't remember how she got here or what she did before, but has some idea what she could do in the future. She's an explorer type and thinks making a beautiful canoe would be a good idea.

Ibb was a retainer to a nobleman in a feudal society. She's good at repairing items and clothing. She knows something about melee weapons and crossbows. She also knows some carpentry and cooking.

Pepe says he comes from the 'darkness of void' above and below. He lived a chaotic phase of life before getting 'beamed' here naked of his many possessions. He thinks his people punished him for being too lazy and 'unproductive'. He doesn't know what the hell to do without his 'melder', but he has an 'device' inside him to boost his most important abilities, but he thinks it needs to be 'energized'. Rest of his story seems to be even more bizarre. He seems to be some sort of 'biologist' that experimented on the death of the living. He needs much more servants than just Ibb to get things arranged back to 'normal'.
>>
No. 858156 ID: 6cc25a

>canoe
We don't have the material.

The three of you should just walk together inland then. Until we find some greenery. Maybe take a few pieces of driftwood as walking sticks with you.
>>
No. 858179 ID: 3abd97

>She's good at repairing items and clothing
A pity we don't have any of those now!

Ibb seems like they've got the most immediately useful skills, but we're going to find some kind of supplies to work with for them to be relevant. Stone and water ain't enough.

Kit might also have useful wilderness survival info if she's an explorer. A canoe will take wood we haven't found yet.

Moving inland to try and find greenery isn't the worst idea.
>>
No. 859471 ID: e4958d
File 151631798875.png - (1.90MB , 1920x1200 , Wall.png )
859471

There's an ugly concrete wall and a village beneath it blocking the way.
>>
No. 859511 ID: 6cc25a

That's a pretty high wall. We should definitely get past it.

But first, make some tutus or clothes from the greenery and then enter the village.
>>
No. 859972 ID: 3abd97

>>859471
Observe the village for a little while before attempting to make contact.
>>
No. 860997 ID: e4958d
File 151673989580.png - (1.05MB , 960x600 , raptormanvillage.png )
860997

>>859972
>>859511

It's a semi-sapient raptorman village. They seem to be able to speak short sentences and simple language. Something seems to be off in them though. Pepe suspects they're highly intelligent animals, but they don't have that much 'sapience'. Their clothing is not any more developed than what you have at your reach at the moment. They seem to have bows, but that's about what you could trade for them.

As soon as you've observed their business and become ascertain they're peaceful, you approach and ask them about the wall and their life.

"We wait for the coming of the Stormbringer to collapse the Great Gates-to pass to the Great Family beyond it. We been here for many seasons. We have just what life takes, but nothing more."
>>
No. 861032 ID: 6cc25a

Bows would be pretty useful. Ask these lizards if there's anything they need. What would they be willing to trade for a couple of bows and arrows? I don't suppose they accept milk...

Also, ask them what/where are the Great Gates.
>>
No. 861411 ID: e4958d
File 151683154309.png - (54.93KB , 400x400 , poster_title.png )
861411

"The Great Gates of the living mind. They surround newcomers everywhere. They are not anywhere. They cannot be seen, touched, smelled or tasted. The Great Gates imprison those who escape or oppose the might of the Great Wetiko. They surround the oasis of the best ones. In true, the Great Gates surround the wanderer, the fool, the newcomer wherever he goes, keeping his mind limited and primitive. They are the illusions and the illusion that something can be. To open them is to open madness."

Quest concluded.
>>
No. 861417 ID: 6cc25a

>Quest concluded.
Reasoning?
>>
No. 861421 ID: e4958d
File 151683324490.png - (75.03KB , 1200x1200 , raptoir.png )
861421

The usual reason to end quests before they end themselves. The "quest" became more of the same mash-up than a quest and more of drawfaggotry. It got derailed from its original statement and (purpose of making spontaneous irony from the survival game) game progress and lessons to the broken side of certain players opposed to the good intentions and potential to be something really progressional and primitively utopistic. It didn't follow this single unwritten guideline and wasn't a proper 'quest' worthy of the readers, although you and other readers showed some skill on how to make the quest more interesting. The observation was, this quest too, although having some fun parts, wasn't a "good" quest or becoming one anytime soon.
>>
No. 861458 ID: 6cc25a

>>861421
What makes a good quest? We could discuss this endlessly. Personally, I did not find any issues with the writing. Instead, I think the issue was the lack of suggestions. In my opinion, this happened for two reasons.
1. There was nothing to gain the attention of the readers. If nothing spectacular or interesting happens early in the quest, then the readers are more likely to just skim through and forget about it rather than start actively following and suggesting in the quest. A spark, something that would really make a reader feel their voice is needed and turn them into an active suggester.
2. You did not make it easy to write suggestions. Casual suggesters will usually not think for more than a few seconds to write their suggestion. So if a quest does not have an obvious goal or direction to follow, if there's little information on available choices, if there no question directly asking for the input on a specific problem, the suggesting becomes harder. And unless the reader is invested in the quest, they will usually not bother spending several minutes thinking of what to suggest.
>>
No. 861465 ID: e4958d
File 151683917958.png - (1.03MB , 599x668 , nice_good.png )
861465

>>861458

Feedback noted, it's really in my opinion the difference between torch and day.

Not every drawing is art,
not every art drawing is qualified art,
not every attempt is a functional quest.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password