[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 885570)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 152702379081.png - (174.75KB , 1212x826 , Titlecard.png )
885570 No. 885570 ID: 8a947d

Previous Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/882482.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 885572 ID: 8a947d
File 152702402422.png - (196.33KB , 1212x826 , Coffee.png )
885572

Your name is Roland Gallows Conroy, and you like coffee more than you thought you would. You don't have any sugar or cream for it but it's fine as is. You were so tired last night you ended up just falling asleep on the couch rather than going up to your room. You woke yourself up early, you've gotten used to scheduling yourself to be up at the crack of dawn. If you want to keep yourself fed and begin any sort of demonology research you need to be up and ready.
>>
No. 885574 ID: 8a947d
File 152702453512.png - (203.63KB , 1212x826 , Coffee 2.png )
885574

You finish your coffee and head into the kitchen where Vol is. He's having some eggs for breakfast.

VOL: Mornin' Rol! I found eggs.
YOU: "Found" eggs?
VOL: Yeah found em in a tree, some birds eggs. Taste good. Anyway, whatcha plannin' for today? We's good on food but we ain't got anyway ta find demons. Less ya wanna take a job from town and hope it ain't nothin' crazy.
VOL: But first, I guess I should ask, if you're really committed to dis whole demonology biz than I guess It'd be better if ya knew some things ta help ya.
YOU: ...Things like what ?
VOL: Ya wanna learn some demon magic ?
>>
No. 885575 ID: e5c658

>>885574
Sure. What have you got for me?
>>
No. 885578 ID: dc91a0

Absolutely.
>>
No. 885579 ID: 3583d1

Hell yeah
>>
No. 885581 ID: ad51b8

well since you're offering I don't see why not
>>
No. 885587 ID: d3602f

>>885574
Even if we weren't going to hunt demons, I'd still be interested in learning magic.
>>
No. 885592 ID: 91ee5f

>>885574
>Ya wanna learn some demon magic?
Yeah!

But first, let me get something to eat.
>>
No. 885597 ID: 032491

>>885592
Seconding, eating well is always healthy, breakfast rules!
>>
No. 885603 ID: dbf422
885603

Sure but let me get at some eggs. Those won't keep anyway.
>>
No. 885621 ID: 8a947d
File 152703997737.png - (130.91KB , 1212x826 , Coffee 3.png )
885621

YOU: Even if we weren't going to look for demons I'd want to know magic!

You take a bite out of one of Vol's eggs...it's crunchy and unseasoned.

VOL: Yeah I put da shells in for texture.

You grab a jar of peaches for your breakfast instead.

VOL: Anyway, I can only really teach ya things dat I know myself. I'm sure ya noticed I ain't really one for action or violence. I can teach ya some things about keepin' ya self safe though.
VOL: As much as I'd like for ya to go out an' have an arsenal of magic abilities, your body can only handle so much aethereal energy. You can only learn one spell got it?

>Barrier
A barrier bubble that covers you from all sides. Doesn't last forever, but can take a lot of physical punishment. Magic might be a problem if anyone has it. Has more range to it than Vol's song

>Mend
The ability to mend wounds and injuries, even your own. Can heal bigger wounds than Vol's song. Healing yourself takes much longer to do. Can't heal injuries that happened over a day ago.
>>
No. 885622 ID: e5c658

>>885621
Barrier.
>>
No. 885623 ID: d3602f

>>885621
Barrier. This is for midcombat, we might not have the time to use the healing spell. Also, there are other uses for the shield spell if you are creative, like maybe imprisoning something. It would also help to protect the skipper if we need to run.
>>
No. 885624 ID: b1b4f3

Barrier. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I presume there will be other ways of healing large wounds, anyway.
>>
No. 885626 ID: 094652

Barrier - Any stray bullet to the head, a sufficient critical hit to the vitals, or something you won't predict, and you're dead. Get shields and you'll last far longer against the chaos.
>>
No. 885627 ID: dc91a0

Barrier.

Know of any way to get my body more accustomed to Aetherial energy?
>>
No. 885634 ID: 91ee5f

>>885621
Barrier
>>
No. 885635 ID: 33cbe7

Mend. Permanent healing > temporary barrier.
>>
No. 885637 ID: d3602f

>>885635
Not so permanent when another a stray hit will just undo what you've fixed.
>>
No. 885638 ID: eeb7d9

Going with barrier here.
Is it possible for us to learn more magic over time?
Like, today i learn Barrier, other day i learn Mending. Something like that?
>>
No. 885644 ID: 8a947d
File 152705596412.png - (88.14KB , 1212x826 , Coffee 4.png )
885644

YOU: Is it possible for me to learn more than one spell? Like can my body get more accustomed to aethereal energy?
VOL: I don't think so...I do know dat a spell ya learn can evolve into somethin' different though. Human's dat learn demonic magic can have it grows in ways demons ain't never seen before. I...don't know how to do it though.

You decide you want to learn a barrier spell.

VOL: Alright! Sound good, how do ya wanna learn it?
YOU: What do you mean?
VOL: I can teach ya two ways to learn dis spell. The normal way I'd help ya would be to give ya a Demon's Mark dat'd let ya cast it.
VOL:...or since I'm so musically inclined I can teach you the demonic music note-sigils dat let me use these spells through my violin. How d'ya want to learn it?

>Demon's Mark
The demons mark will allow you to cast the spell you know hands-free. This will allow you to do other things while the spell is in effect.

>Demonic Music
By learning it on the violin you will have to play it to cast, by doing this you can have Vol join in for a Dark Duo and increase the effectiveness of what you're casting. This takes up both hands, and once the song runs out or you stop playing the spell will end.
>>
No. 885645 ID: 094652

Demon's mark - you need your full concentration to fight, run, and open/close doors.
>>
No. 885646 ID: 1cddc0

Aw I didn't get to vote for the spell. Oh well, maybe I'll get to do the evolution part.

Demon's Mark. The benefit of a barrier isn't really in careful planning of musical numbers. It's snap protection.
>>
No. 885649 ID: b1b4f3

Mark.
>>
No. 885650 ID: d3602f

>>885644
Demonic music. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good duet. The song may end eventually, but we could start over. Remember, we can't shoot through the shield, so it isn't like we're losing attack power either, and with a duet we might be able to have it resist magic.

For more future possibilities, music also seems a bit more open to adaptation. A mark is just static, but a song can change. Just a change in tempo can make a cheerful song somber, or vis versa. Maybe even small changes to the violin could do something. Maybe there is a demonic spider out there who's webs would make great violin strings.

It also feels kind of sentimental. Our dad was apparently amazing at playing violin, using it to tell stories of his adventures. To have the music protect us, it feels a bit like he's watching over us. One day we might be able to make our own ballads. From the perspective of his young son, his songs were magical. Let's make music that can rival his. To make others feel what we felt when we heard his music, and so much more.
>>
No. 885653 ID: dbf422

>>885650
1. You lose a lot of time between attacks with music. So yeah, attack power is lost. A lot.

2. Marks can change. Especially demon ones. Like, you can add to them or they mutate or grow or something. Maybe there's something to the tempo thing or maybe spells are very specific, but don't count out sigils.

3. Yeah that's a fair opinion. Not necessarily the only way to look at it, but fair.
>>
No. 885654 ID: 166e1c

>>885650
Those are good points. I'm a little worried about been exposed to attacks during the time we have to take to drop whatever we are holding, take the violin and start playing.
Will be nice to cooperate with Vol, not only with duets, also taking turns.
>>
No. 885655 ID: 91ee5f

>>885644
>Demon's Mark
Does he have to put that on our body as a tattoo? Because I’m not sure if there’s room on our body for another tattoo.

>Demonic Music
>Vol can join in for a Dark Duo
That sounds fun! And I agree with what >>885650 said with the honoring Roland’s dad thing.

So, yeah, let’s learn Demonic Music!
>>
No. 885656 ID: 91ee5f

>>885655
We should also ask Vol why we can’t do both ways for those times we don’t have our violin, but we really need a barrier.

That way, Vol can explain in detail how that’s a bad idea because it would rip our body to pieces or something equally horrifying.
>>
No. 885658 ID: dc91a0

Music.
While mark will be better if we get separated from Vol, the Music will open up other possibilities, mainly that reading a situation correctly might allow us to time a duet so we can block an attack that would otherwise smash through the barrier.

What about a duet with Vol casting other spells, like some Demonic Melody?
Or With other demons in the future?
Plus music can more easily be experimented with and built upon, It's much more intuitive than some rune.
>>
No. 885664 ID: 10c408

demon's mark. There's no sense to using music to maintain a defensive barrier. It'd take up both hands and time that we could use doing pretty much anything else that would deal with whatever problem is at hand that requires the usage of barrier.
>>
No. 885665 ID: 3740b1

Mark
>>
No. 885679 ID: e5c658

>>885644
Mark.
>>
No. 885680 ID: eeb7d9

I love the idea of the music, but the mark just seems more practical. I'll go with the mark.
>>
No. 885683 ID: 8a947d
File 152708463729.png - (173.30KB , 1212x826 , Coffee 5.png )
885683

You decide the Demon's Mark would be better to use. Vol nods and pulls one of his teeth out of his mouth, he stabs it into his palm and grabs your hand. Vol begins to etch the rune into the palm of your hand, it burns but the pain quickly subsides when he's done. The sign looks sort of like a double-sided pitchfork.

VOL: Dat's dat! Now ya gotcha magic wat're we gonna be up ta next?
YOU: We'll probably go into town look for a job, we'd be able to find some demons if we took a demon hunting job.
VOL: Yeah, dat way we can get paid and fill out your journal. You also gotta go check on dat plant ya lent ta da spider lady
YOU: What? Do I stink?
VOL: Like blood, dirt, and sweat. Is dere anything else ya wanna do dat we're forgettin' ?

>Shower and throw on old clothes skip paper doll
>Shower and pick out new clothes paper doll
>>
No. 885685 ID: 094652

Skip Paper Doll
>>
No. 885690 ID: 59c8bb

>Shower and pick out new clothes paper doll
>>
No. 885693 ID: d3602f

>>885683
Old clothes, I like our current look. Unless we're going to put the dress on again.
>>
No. 885701 ID: 032491

Skip paper doll, dresses or nothing.
>>
No. 885702 ID: 8a947d
File 152709329028.png - (270.01KB , 1212x826 , Dressed Up.png )
885702

You shower and toss on new clothes. Now that you're ready you head to the skipper to head to town. Where are you going to go in town?

>Lila Palast
>The Job Board
>The Bar
>>
No. 885703 ID: d3602f

>>885702
Pilast, gotta see if Ada found out anything about that plant. She also said she might have a job for us.
>>
No. 885707 ID: 91ee5f

>>885702
Might as well check on that plant we gave to Ada. So let’s go to Lila Palast!

Hopefully the shop and/or the town gates are open this early!
>>
No. 885726 ID: 4d2d3a

Palast to check on the plant then the job board.
>>
No. 885770 ID: ad51b8

>Lila Palast

let's check on that plant.
>>
No. 885771 ID: 8a947d
File 152711776816.png - (256.69KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast.png )
885771

You decide to visit the Palast first to talk to Ada. When you enter you call for her and she once again lowers herself from the ceiling.

ADA: Hallo Roland! You are here early. Normally I do not get business until a bit later. Anway, how can I help you?
YOU: I wanted to see how you were doing looking at the plant I lent you yesterday.
ADA: Ah Yes! Of course! Vell...somethink happend vhen I tried to take a closer look.
YOU: "Something"?
>>
No. 885772 ID: 8a947d
File 152711803104.png - (169.07KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 2.png )
885772

Ada unlocks the door to the back of her shop and leads you inside. The floor is cluttered with paper and bits of scrap. In a corner of the back you see an odd looking glass box with something crawling around in it.

ADA: I placed zhe sapling into an airtight glass case to watch it, but I guess becauze it vas not a special stazis pod like zhe one you brought it to me in it began to grow. Now it iz meandering around itz case. I do not know if zis is a good zhing or a bad zhing...
>>
No. 885774 ID: dbf422

Maybe it needs soil? And water. Hopefully that's all, had a run in with parasites recently.
>>
No. 885775 ID: d3602f

>>885772
Oh. The paper on the tree just had all the notes crossed out and wrote in bold that it should not be exposed to air. I like to think that they may have been overreacting, but if they weren't this could lead to something disastrous.

It doesn't seem so bad right now so I don't want to kill it, but I suggest keeping something like a flamethrower on you. If it gets violent at all, I give you permission to destroy it.
>>
No. 885776 ID: ad51b8

>I do not know if zis is a good zhing or a bad zhing...
yeah I'm right there with you. I would go back to where I found it and see if I couldn't find any notes on it but that place kinda... blow up. Vol you got any idea on this or are you just as in the dark as everyone else?
>>
No. 885777 ID: dbf422

>>885775
Don't mention the notes. Mostly because that makes us seem incompetent for not saying so earlier. And we're not incompetent... Right?
>>
No. 885778 ID: d3602f

>>885777
We mentioned the notes in the replies in the last thread.
>>
No. 885780 ID: 91ee5f

>>885772
>the plant is moving
“.....yeah, I’ve got no idea what’s going on with that either.”

>I do not know if zis is a good zhing or a bad zhing...
“Neither do I.”

“Well, it doesn’t look dangerous for now. Hopefully, it isn’t a parasitic plant that digs its roots into living things and drains them of their blood in order to grow. But if that thing turns dangerous, then you’ve got my permission to kill it.”

Might as well ask if Ada is still offering that job she said she might need help with, since you’re look for work and you currently don’t have anything else to do.
>>
No. 885781 ID: 91ee5f

>>885777
We already mentioned the notes to Ada.
>>
No. 885785 ID: 032491

>>885772
It's cute as heck but I don't really belive that a plant should have theses neat legs, still, cool.
>>
No. 885787 ID: eeb7d9

A damn shame the place blew up. Did she find out something at least?
If not, we should start looking for someone who knows about this stuff.
>>
No. 885791 ID: d3602f

>>885787
Hey, the door may have been melted by the heat but there is still the airvents. We could also get in if we had some strong explosives. The problem is, we'd have to be ready to fight who knows how many lacerflies.
>>
No. 885793 ID: dc91a0

Slap a scroll on it...
Or kill it with fire.
Choose one before it grows more.
>>
No. 885795 ID: b1b4f3

>>885772
The note associated with it seemed to imply it was dangerous once exposed to air. The box is airtight but it had air in it, didn't it?

Well, if we can come up with some better containment then we can experiment with giving it more air.
>>
No. 885796 ID: 10c408

"...I think this is how most horror movies start, to be honest."
>>
No. 885803 ID: dbf422

>>885778
Ah, then we are blameless, good work.
>>
No. 885867 ID: dc91a0

I bet that vial it was in was High Vacuum.
If that container she put it in is normal vacuum, then the tiny amount of air in there must have made it grow like this.

Oh god.
Imagine if it was exposed to normal pressure?
I don't really wanna think about it.
>>
No. 885871 ID: 8a947d
File 152718282092.png - (201.01KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 3.png )
885871

YOU: Yeah...I don't know either. It doesn't look dangerous though. Maybe it just needs some soil and water?
ADA: Maybe...I am zhinking I vill need to run more tests if you vant me to find out more about it. I vill be keeping a close eye on it in case it does turn out to be somezhing I should vorry about.

You ask Ada if she has any jobs she'd like you to do. She has nothing for you right now.
>>
No. 885872 ID: d3602f

>>885871
Well, let's check out that job board and see if there are any demon jobs. Ask Vol what the danger levels of said demons are. We should probably pick the weakest so that we can study it without putting ourselves in too much danger.
>>
No. 885879 ID: b1b4f3

>>885871
Ok job board then I guess.
>>
No. 885880 ID: 3583d1

To the Job Board!
>>
No. 885881 ID: eb4715

Time to say a neat goodbye and go to the job board.
>>
No. 885889 ID: 91ee5f

>>885871
Let’s say bye to Ada, then go look at the job board.
>>
No. 885894 ID: eeb7d9

Arite, let's find a job involving demons then.
Ask Vol if we should prepare something.
>>
No. 885902 ID: 5fa661

Give her a kiss on the cheek before you leave.
>>
No. 885903 ID: b1b4f3

Oh I suppose you could tell Ada that you've decided to study demons so if she runs across anything that can help with that you'd be interested.
>>
No. 885904 ID: eeb7d9

>>885902
... Why? We don't know her that way in SR. Kinda out of the blue.
>>
No. 885905 ID: 5fa661

>>885904

A: To get a reaction, and
B: Why NOT?
>>
No. 885906 ID: eeb7d9

>>885905
B has been already responded, kinda. But, fine, can't really argue against A.
>>
No. 885907 ID: dbf422

>>885906
I can! Because who knows if it's a good reaction, and we're currently relying on her for both buying and selling, and looking after the walking tree. Don't risk it all for like, a second of amusement. Also don't accost people, especially when they're working.

Please just get to the job board with a typical goodbye.
>>
No. 885909 ID: 91ee5f

>>885902
NO!

We don’t know her that well and it would be very inappropriate!

>>885905
Neither of those are valid reasons!

>>885907
>Please just get to the job board with a typical goodbye.
Yes, I agree! Please do a normal goodbye!
>>
No. 885921 ID: ad51b8

well thank her for you help, tell her to keep you posted, and head to the Job board I guess since it seems a little early to head to the bar.

>>885902
little to soon for that.
>>
No. 885926 ID: dc91a0

>>885902
But this isn't Ada, this is fake imposter SR Ada. There is only one real Ada.

Don't do that.
>>
No. 885928 ID: e5c658

>>885926
OG Ada 4 Lyfe
>>
No. 885931 ID: 3e8a21

>>885921 I agree also I feel like we should keep our options of romance open.
>>
No. 885942 ID: 8a947d
File 152721373498.png - (143.40KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 4.png )
885942

>Kissing Ada
You have absolutely no intention of kissing Ada when you barely know here. It's quite honestly very odd that the thought would cross your mind at all. You certainly have no problem with mutants and Ada's definitely cute but to kiss her out of the blue would be inappropriate and awkward.

Before you leave you decide to tell Ada about your plans to document the array of demons.

ADA: Really? Zhat is such a dangerous profession to take up! You could make better money by selling organs and live longer, vhy go zhrough zhe trouble of documenting demons?
YOU: It's less about money and more about knowing that the knowledge gained from doing this could help other people who don't know anything about demons.
ADA: Are you sure you vill be able to do zhis? I had considered doing it once but I realized zhat doing it alone vould be nearly impossible! I assume you do not have a trained team to help you?
YOU: Well...no but I'm only just starting out. Besides, if I quit anytime I thought something would be hard I'd be dead by now. Someones gotta do this it might as well be me.
ADA: hmm...anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
YOU: What?
ADA: Nozhing...if you really do vant to go zhrough vhizh zhis then you'd better be well equipped. I do not know a lot about demons but I do know zhey hate silver.

Ada reaches under her desk and grabs and hand full of shotgun shells, she drops the into your hand. You've been given four Silver Slugs.

ADA: Please try to stay alive, it'd be bad for business to lose customers.
>>
No. 885944 ID: 8a947d
File 152721442583.png - (216.27KB , 1212x826 , Job Board.png )
885944

VOL: Ya think we should find some people to help us do dis stuff? I know it'd be faster if we had a team. Then I guess the real challenge'd be finding people who aren't weirdos or crazy cannibals.

You head to the job board in the middle of town and look at what's posted. Vol looks around at a few jobs involving demons and picks out three that he says are the least dangerous.

>Phaseworm Problem!
Phaseworms have been biting up the tires of caravan vehicles around a certain trade route, there must be a nest somewhere nearby the road, find and take it out so the trading can go smoothly.

>Lacerfly Infestation
A small mine has found a good vain of copper but can't work due to an infestation of Lacerflies, equipment will be provided to anyone willing to help clear them out.

>Mandrake Harvest
A local doctor has heard rumor that a demon called a Mandrake can be used to make powerful medicine that can heal a multitude of diseases. They're supposed to nest in high altitude areas like mountains. Bring one back alive to experiment on.
>>
No. 885948 ID: d3602f

>>885944
Sorry, I feel like we've dealt with enough lacerflies for now. I like dealing with relatively slow things that are usually big enough to shoot.

Phaseworms are interesting, maybe we could find some smell that could function as a repellent, or maybe find just what they can't burrow into. Maybe we could use them to help with mining into the earth, picking out ores. But, I'm feeling more inclined towards the...

Mandrake. Medicine is always good, and I'd imagine it would pay pretty well. On top of that, this guy seems to be on the same page as us. Maybe he'd be a useful contact.
>>
No. 885949 ID: 91ee5f

>>885944
>Ya think we should find some people to help us do dis stuff? I know it'd be faster if we had a team.
Yeah, getting help is something we should consider doing.

>Then I guess the real challenge'd be finding people who aren't weirdos or crazy cannibals.
“Shhh! You’re gonna jinx us! Then those would be the only guys we can find! Besides, another challenge would be finding someone that has their own vehicle. Because there’s no way in hell we’re all going to fit on my Skipper!”

.....what’s the job on that paper on the ground?

If it’s not interesting, then you could just stick it back on the board so that someone else can have a chance to do that one.
>>
No. 885950 ID: dc91a0

Aren't mandrakes those plant things that fuck you up by screaming?

No more demon bugs this week. Get some ear protection and go find that mandrake.
>>
No. 885952 ID: 91ee5f

>>885949
Also, go with the mandrake mission.

If those guys count as lesser demons, then we can use a Binding Scroll on it.
>>
No. 885961 ID: e5c658

>>885944
Mandrake
It's the only job that deals with a single demon.
>>
No. 885973 ID: 91ee5f

>>885961
Correction: It’s the only job that wants us to acquire a demon.

We don’t know how many Mandrakes are going to be at the location we’re supposed to capture 1 of them.
>>
No. 885978 ID: 8a947d
File 152723446018.png - (211.24KB , 1212x826 , Doctors.png )
885978

You decide to check out the doctor's job about capturing a mandrake. Somebody else who's willing to learn about demons seems like a good place to check. You head to the doctor's clinic to get more information on his request.

Doctor Mordecai sit's behind his desk looking through documents.

MORDECAI: Hello, how can I help you today?
YOU: I'm here about the job you posted on the board.
MORDECAI: Ah! Perfect! I was just about to take that down. It's sad to say but looks like there are no demon hunters that value bringing in living specimens. I trust you're okay with it?

Dr. Mordecai hands you a pair of earplugs for the mandrakes.

MORDECAI: The mountains out by Crud City should be a good place to check for mandrakes, any questions?
>>
No. 885979 ID: 094652

What are the handling and containment procedures for a plant that can bleed your ears to death?
>>
No. 885982 ID: dc91a0

Ask Vol if he needs earplugs too.
>>
No. 885983 ID: 3702a4

Ask what he knows about mandrakes. We got some idea but I’m willing to bet he knows more, or at the very least would confirm what we already know.
>>
No. 885992 ID: 91ee5f

>>885978
Tell him that you’ve got some Lesser Binding Scrolls with you and ask if those would work with bringing in a Mandrake alive? Or would he prefer us to bring it in a cage?

And ask if he knows anyone that would be willing to help us?
>>
No. 885999 ID: dbf422

Ask for ear protection.

As for containment... Maybe we can get that mutant tree container back from Ada, since she's using a different one now? Dunno how big Mandrakes are, though.
>>
No. 886001 ID: d3602f

Ask him what he knows about mandrakes.

>>885999
He literally just gave us some.
>>
No. 886012 ID: 8a947d
File 152727659479.png - (301.18KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains.png )
886012

MORDECAI: They only scream that when they experience pain, like being pulled from the ground. The rest of the time they should be pretty docile. I suggest putting them in cages or wrapping them tightly in cloth to-
YOU: I have binding scrolls for demons, would these work?

You show him the scrolls, he seems confused but intrigued about their function.

MORDECAI: I've never seen anything like these before! Well, if they allow you to safely capture demons then they should work just fine.
VOL: Ey can I get some a' those earplugs too?

Moredcai drops another pair onto the counter which Vol takes

MORDECAI: Aside from the screaming thing there isn't a lot I know about mandrakes. That's why I'm hiring you. Speaking of hiring I forgot to mention payment, I plan to pay you a full deck for your services. Good luck.

You mount the skipper and ride out to the mountains near Crud City
>>
No. 886014 ID: 8a947d
File 152727725864.png - (296.00KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 2.png )
886014

You manage to get the skipper up to a point on the mountain, it's pretty good at climbing but not the best. You reach a spot where you decide to give the skipper a rest, it's started sputtering a bit. There's cave on the mountain leading deeper into it, you aren't sure if it's high enough to find mandrakes though.
>>
No. 886019 ID: d3602f

>>886014
Holy fuck, what's all that smoke!? We can get the mandrakes later, this could be urgent.
>>
No. 886027 ID: b1b4f3

That smoke is way too far away to investigate.

Poke around in the cave a little bit.
>>
No. 886028 ID: 5fa661

Yeah, investigate that smoke first. The cave can wait until after we get the mandrake, assuming we're still in good shape and nothing horrible has gone wrong.
>>
No. 886030 ID: eeb7d9

>>886019
I don't know if this is important, but it is certanly striking. Could it be related? Where does the smoke comes from?
>>
No. 886036 ID: 91ee5f

>>886014
>You reach a spot where you decide to give the skipper a rest, it's started sputtering a bit.
Shit, that’s not a good sign. We’ll have to spend our payment on repairs before that ends up getting worse.

>>886027
>That smoke is way too far away to investigate.
I agree. Let’s just go in the cave and start looking for mandrakes.
>>
No. 886042 ID: dc91a0

Check the cave entrance for clam marks, pawprints, dung, ect. before venturing in.
>>
No. 886056 ID: dbf422

>>886036
I assumed the sputtering was because we were overworking it going up a hill. Maintenance is fine, but I don't think it's the warning you think it is.

And yeah, smoke is too far.
>>
No. 886058 ID: 8a947d
File 152728317224.png - (64.94KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 5.png )
886058

>Smoke

That looks worrying, but it's only the fumes off of Crud City, their oil refineries produce a lot of smoke. Oil isn't as effective as Lucy but it's a bit easier to get a hold of and a bit less dangerous. That also means it's more affordable too.
>>
No. 886072 ID: 8a947d
File 152728571143.png - (137.37KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Cave 1.png )
886072

>Check the cave entrance for clam marks, pawprints, dung, ect. before venturing in.

There are no markings you can discern, but you don't have any skills in tracking marks like that. You do hear loud croaking coming from the back of the of the cave, however. Do you still want to go in?
>>
No. 886074 ID: e5c658

>>886072
Nah, keep climbing.
>>
No. 886076 ID: d3602f

>>886072
Go higher, if we go into a cave I want to be pretty sure that we're going to run into a mandrake.

Also, what's Lucy?
>>
No. 886077 ID: 8a947d
File 152728865964.png - (219.65KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 3.png )
886077

You ignore the cave for now and continue to climb up the mountain. If mandrakes nest at higher altitudes it only makes sense for you to try searching the mountaintop first.

>Lucy

Short for Lucifer water. It's a strong but rare source of fuel sought after anyone that has a vehicle. You heard a single gallon could power a whole convoy for a year, but that's probably just a myth.
>>
No. 886078 ID: 8a947d
File 152728880136.png - (334.13KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 4.png )
886078

You manage to reach the top of the mountain after some climbing and hiking. The very top is covered with cactus bushes, there's another much smaller cave at the top but the most notable thing you see is the tent in front of it.
>>
No. 886080 ID: d3602f

>>886078
See if anyone is inside the tent. If there is no one, continue on to the cave.
>>
No. 886081 ID: 094652

Sneak your way into the tent, search around but don't steal anything yet.
>>
No. 886082 ID: 91ee5f

>>886077
>Short for Lucifer water.
Is it actual water? Has anyone tried drinking it? What happened to the person that tried drinking it?

>>886078
Real quick, ask Vol if the Barrier spell is sound proof. You know, just in case one of you loses your earplugs.

>tent
Go investigate.

If no one is in there, they might be in the cave.
>>
No. 886083 ID: e5c658

>>886078
Go up to the tent's entrance and ask if anyone's inside. If there's no response, check out the cave.
>>
No. 886084 ID: 8a947d
File 152729184473.png - (113.10KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 6.png )
886084

You decide to check the tent to see if anyone's inside. First, you call to see if anyone is inside, but nobody responds. After another call you decide to investigate the inside, maybe it's an old tent. You see a sleeping bag, a few boxes and cases, and some jars both empty and unopened.

There's a bowl of food on top of a portable stove, still warm...
>>
No. 886085 ID: 8a947d
File 152729189358.png - (158.68KB , 1212x826 , The Mountains 7.png )
886085

You hear a gun cock behind you.

???: Drop whatever you took and stand up.
>>
No. 886087 ID: ad51b8

put hands up and slowly turn around. wait until they start asking more questions before talking.
>>
No. 886088 ID: d3602f

>>886085
Put your hands up to show that you are safe. We didn't steal anything, we just came here to deal with some mandrakes for a doctor in our town and were a bit surprised to find evidence of someone else here is all.

Would you mind telling us what you are doing all the way up here? Are you also a demon hunter?
>>
No. 886089 ID: e5c658

>>886085
Activate Barrier, then explain you took nothing.
>>
No. 886090 ID: d3602f

>>886089
Barrier might surprise him and make him think we're hostile, which could lead to a fight. I think as long as we're calm and polite, he'll probably not shoot us.
>>
No. 886091 ID: 91ee5f

>>886088
This.

>>886090
Agreed, no Barrier for now.
>>
No. 886092 ID: eb4715

Put hands up, you should listen to someone with the gun!
>>
No. 886094 ID: 8a947d
File 152729503430.png - (272.01KB , 1212x826 , Gunpoint.png )
886094

You raise both hands slowly and turn around. It's odd, you didn't hear his footsteps or any movements coming from behind you. You come face to face with a man in a long coat and gas mask.

???: You're an odd lookin' one, but you don't look like you're with Channing. Who do you work for?
YOU: N-no one!... Well no that's wrong I'm here on a job for a doctor in Dawnsprings. He sent me up here to find demons.

The man seems to calm down when he hears this. He takes his finger off of the trigger but he doesn't completely lower his gun.

???: And you were goin' through my tent why?
YOU: I didn't know if it belonged to anyone or not, why are you up here anyway? are you a demon hunter?
???: pfft! Course not! I ain't that dumb. I assume you're here to check into whatever's in that there cave?
YOU: Yeah, wait you know there's stuff in there?
???: Yup, I hear weird moanin' and wailin' comin' from here. It creeps me the hell out but it also keeps others away, makes it easier for me to hide. Anyway now ya know that belongs to someone, now go get what you're gettin' and don't tell anybody ya saw me here 'kay?

You ushers you away from his tent where he goes to finish eating the food on his portable stove.
>>
No. 886097 ID: d3602f

>>886094
He doesn't seem the talkative sort. Those sounds are probably mandrakes, so let's go in there and get what we came for.
>>
No. 886099 ID: eb4715

Yep, let's enter the caverns and check the mandrakes, dude might be suspicious as hell but we're not a bounty hunter (for people) or a snitch.
>>
No. 886100 ID: 91ee5f

>>886094
>Yup, I hear weird moanin' and wailin' comin' from here.
Sounds like there’s a good chance that there’s Mandrakes in that cave!

>Anyway now ya know that belongs to someone, now go get what you're gettin' and don't tell anybody ya saw me here 'kay?
Well, he didn’t immediately shoot you where you stand, so he’s not a bad guy. It’s only fair that you agree to not tell anyone that you saw him up here.

Give him a warning that if it starts getting really loud, or at least louder than it normally does, then he should cover his ears.
>>
No. 886101 ID: 1951f9

Apologize and let’s go search for mandrakes.
>>
No. 886104 ID: b1b4f3

Gosh FINE Troy.

Go mess with the cave.
>>
No. 886105 ID: eeb7d9

I am going to asume that that is the standar way to treat stragers and that he is not an asshole. Say good bay and let's look for the deamos.
>>
No. 886106 ID: e5c658

>>886094
Let him know that there's a chance he'll need ear protection. Put on your plugs and head inside.
>>
No. 886109 ID: 8a947d
File 152729951923.png - (346.78KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain 8.png )
886109

You warn him about the possibility of some loud mandrake screaming that could damage his ears or worse. He responds by pulling a set of large headphones out of his bag and putting them on giving you a thumbs up afterward. you guess he's gotta have a way to drown out all of the moaning at night.

You and Vol put in your earplugs and head into the cave, inside the cave another hole leading deeper down sits. Guess you can add spelunking on top of hiking.
>>
No. 886110 ID: 8a947d
File 152729969601.png - (369.60KB , 1212x826 , Mountaintop Cave.png )
886110

Inside the hole, there's a large cavern. Right at the bottom a large metal door sit's, beside it a skeleton lies on the floor. You take off one of your earplugs real quick to listen around, you do hear some moaning coming from deeper underground but see no way down aside from the locked door.
>>
No. 886111 ID: b1b4f3

>>886110
Investigate skeleton. Also, skeleton's pack.
>>
No. 886112 ID: 91ee5f

>>886110
That skeleton isn’t going to be needing its bag anymore, so you might as well take what’s in the bag for yourself!

.....huh. That looks like a door back there on the far wall. Try shining your flashlight over there.
>>
No. 886113 ID: 05ff2f

The moaning might be coming out of a tunnel or passage that isn't immediately apparent. Listen for where the moaning is louder and go that way. After wielding your lit flashlight, of course.

That locked hatch makes me think of the place with the giant Lacerflies. I really hope this place isn't related and there aren't giant mandrakes in there.
>>
No. 886115 ID: ad51b8

ooh, bag next to the skeleton. and I think I see something on the circle in the middle of the floor down there.
>>
No. 886120 ID: 8a947d
File 152730459431.png - (104.91KB , 1212x826 , Picture.png )
886120

>Skeleton Bag

The skeleton has nothing notable on it but the bag near it only has a picture and a note along with it. On the picture, the sentence "You'll get it if you're loopy enough" is written.

The note seems like a conversation between two people. The note read's

What's this supposed to be some sort of threat? I'm sick of your fucking games you dumb bitch it's getting hotter out here if don't get somewhere safe soon it'll be over for me please open the door.

I don't have to do anything for you meany >:P

Please there's gonna be another flash you need to open the door

Then just open it yourself.

I don't have the code please open the door.

Yeah you do, you'd better figure it out fast.

>>
No. 886122 ID: 8a947d
File 152730471095.png - (174.12KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock.png )
886122

>>886112
There is no other door in the cavern aside from the large door on the ground.

The door on the ground has a number pad and four screens each with 00 on them.
>>
No. 886124 ID: 90b264

Flip the not upside-down! Maybe the Numbers are the code!
>>
No. 886125 ID: 90b264

>>886124
I mean the picture! Flip that upside down so the noose is hanging!
>>
No. 886129 ID: dc91a0

The pic is upside down
89 88 XX 86

Obviously, the missing door is 87
noose and loopy both have two O's so XX could be 00
or 88 for that matter.

The noose knot has 10 loops
11 if you count the large loop
>>
No. 886130 ID: d3602f

>>886122
Flip the note. From left to right the numbers are 89, 88, (noose room) 87, 86. At least, assuming it's going down and the noose doesn't mean something else. Also assuming the loopy (7006 upside down y) doesn't translate into code.
>>
No. 886132 ID: ad51b8

>>886122
89, 88, 87, 86?

that's what I'm getting from the picture, unless the noose is meant to be a 0 or something
>>
No. 886133 ID: 8a947d
File 152730573218.png - (273.54KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Picture Wrong.png )
886133

You flip the picture upside down, or right side up and understand that the doors have a pattern of numbers to them. You enter in 89, 88, 87, 86 in the keypad but that doesn't work.

>>886129
You try a couple different substitutes for 87 instead. You use 00, 88, 11, and 10 in place of 87 but those get you nothing.

You don't think the hint on the pictures talking about loops in the noose. You think that's just something the person from the bunker added themselves for some sort of morbid humor and not really as a clue.
>>
No. 886135 ID: b1b4f3

Maybe the password is 88-88-88-88? All possible loops.
>>
No. 886137 ID: 8a947d
File 152730652120.png - (168.44KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Wrong.png )
886137

>88-88-88-88
This password doesn't work, but maybe the loops in the numbers do have something to do with the code.
>>
No. 886138 ID: d3602f

If it's like that, 8 has two loops, while 9 and 6 have one loop, and 7 has none. The code could be 21 22 20 21.
>>
No. 886139 ID: 8a947d
File 152730756227.png - (168.44KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Wrong.png )
886139

>21-22-20-21
This password does not work, you feel like this is somewhat close however...
>>
No. 886140 ID: d3602f

>>886139
It's probably got something to do with the noose room, but the noose itself doesn't have anything to do with it. Maybe since room 3 has no sign, it would be 0 loops for both. 21-22-00-21?
>>
No. 886141 ID: b1b4f3

Maybe we have to input it as the original orientation- upside down.
12 02 22 12.
>>
No. 886142 ID: b1b4f3

Or the noose might count as 1 loop, so 01 in that spot, upside down or no.
>>
No. 886144 ID: 91ee5f

Was there anything on the back of the picture?
>>
No. 886146 ID: 8a947d
File 152730934640.png - (168.44KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Wrong.png )
886146

>21-22-00-21
>12-02-22-12
These codes do not work.

>>886144
There was nothing on the back of the picture.
>>
No. 886148 ID: b1b4f3

12 00 22 12?
>>
No. 886155 ID: eb4715

>20-21-19-20
>19-20-18-19
Theses are the suggestions my friend gave so far, I know you gave a lot of tips but my brain is thinking for a while.
>>
No. 886158 ID: b1b4f3

Another possibility: 21-22-72-21
Since the 7 has no loops, just leave it as-is.
>>
No. 886160 ID: b1b4f3

>>886158
oops I mean 21-22-27-21
>>
No. 886162 ID: 8a947d
File 152732105052.png - (168.44KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Wrong.png )
886162

>12-00-22-12
>20-21-19-20
>19-20-18-19
>21-22-27-21

None of these codes work, you think back to an idea you had a little bit earlier.
>>886138
You feel like that's the closest you were to getting it right...
>>
No. 886163 ID: 91ee5f

>>886162
Wait, maybe the open door isn’t an 87? What if it’s just another 88?

Let’s try 21, 22, 22, 21.
>>
No. 886164 ID: 8a947d
File 152732503666.png - (168.44KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Wrong.png )
886164

>21-22-22-21
This code does not work.

As you try to solve the code to the door you notice Vol is fuming beside you. He probably understands something you don't. If you ask Vol he'll probably solve whatever the issue is for you, but are you the kind of person to just let someone else solve problems for you?
>>
No. 886169 ID: ad51b8

fuck it
21-22-1-21
or incase we fuck this up from the beginning and we were not meant to flip the thing
12-1-22-12

yeah I'm just counting every "loop" and placing it down and since the door is open with only a single "loop" in it I'm just going to take it as that is meant to be our clue and not the room number.

Also probably helping kill heretic's faith in our intelligence as I'm fairly confidant that I'm wrong as hell for I am a dumbass.
>>
No. 886173 ID: 0d45a9

>>886169
Also try those combinations with the single one replaced with 11, since that's how many loops are in the noose.
>>
No. 886183 ID: 91ee5f

>>886164
>If you ask Vol he'll probably solve whatever the issue is for you, but are you the kind of person to just let someone else solve problems for you?
Well, if you can’t do something by yourself, then it’s best to ask for help.

Let’s see what Vol has to say.
>>
No. 886185 ID: dc91a0

12 02 22 12
>>
No. 886187 ID: b1b4f3

>>886162
If 21 22 20 21 is the closest, and we've tried a bunch that only changed the 20, then the 20 must be right and one of the other ones is wrong.

That makes no sense.
>>
No. 886188 ID: b1b4f3

Okay here's a long shot. Let's try just adding up the loops. It means having two digit numbers is pointless, though.

03 04 02 03.
>>
No. 886206 ID: 8a947d
File 152736407384.png - (171.77KB , 1212x826 , Door Lock Unlock.png )
886206

>03-04-02-03

You enter the code into the door's pad. The lights on the pad brighten and the platform instead of opening begins to lower down into the ground.
>>
No. 886207 ID: 8a947d
File 152736430620.png - (128.19KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker.png )
886207

The elevator comes to a halt at the bottom where a large door opens as you reach it. The old door screeches as it opens and reveals the interior of the underground facility. In the unlit halls, you can hear the eerie echoey moans of what you assume to be the mandrakes you came to find.

Vol: Boy, I'm gettin' real sick a' bein' underground. Dat whinnin' ain't makin' it easier either...

It's too dark for you to see anything inside.
>>
No. 886208 ID: e5c658

>>886207
Put in your ear plugs, then start using your flashlight to look around.
>>
No. 886209 ID: 1951f9

Earplugs and flash light. I just realized does Vol have anything for his ears?
>>
No. 886210 ID: e5c658

>>886209
He does, the doctor gave him an extra set of plugs.
>>
No. 886231 ID: b1b4f3

>>886206
Son of a bitch.

>>886207
Flashlight time.
>>
No. 886248 ID: 91ee5f

>>886207
Earplugs and flashlight.

Make sure you occasionally take your earplugs out to make sure you’re getting closer to the moaning and then put them back in.

What is that next to the door?
>>
No. 886257 ID: e72379
886257

I think we already have the earplugs in. But flashlight out and get your weapon ready.
>>
No. 886263 ID: ad51b8

well on the bright side this place looks like it could have some nice scrap for you to make a little extra on the side.
>>
No. 886328 ID: eeb7d9

Cover your ears and bring your flashlight.
Stay vigilant, especially behind you. I don't fully trust that guy we met earlier.
>>
No. 886332 ID: e5c658

>>886328
If he wanted to harm Gallows, he could have just shot him in the back of the head.
>>
No. 886380 ID: 8a947d
File 152738724541.png - (210.31KB , 1212x826 , Inventory Check.png )
886380

Before you continue you give your inventory a look. You learned from last time and grabbed yourself a holster and toolbelt to hold more things, specifically you flashlight and weapons.

Your Scrap Double Barrel has 8 shells. 4 regular shells and 4 silver slugs more effective against demons. It's been worn a bit but it still works.

Your Hand Axe is unbroken

You have 2 Lesser Binding Parchements
>>
No. 886382 ID: 8a947d
File 152738735976.png - (100.07KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 2.png )
886382

You give your flashlight a few good cranks and continue to pass through the halls into the main lobby of the facility. This one doesn't look like it's used for scientific research though, but you can't really tell. There are four doors in the room.

>Doctor's Quarters
>Living Quarters
>Kitchen
>Storage (Locked)

You hear the moaning coming from down the Living Quarters room.
>>
No. 886389 ID: d3602f

>>886382
Hey, you think that TV has any working parts? For the first room to go to, I'd say the doctor's office, maybe there are some things mordecai would be willing to buy off us. I say avoid the mandrakes for now, just in case we have to get into a fight and evacuate.

Also, I have no idea what mandrakes look like in this world, but they usually look like plants, right? That hanging pot wouldn't happen to be holding one, right?
>>
No. 886392 ID: 91ee5f

>>886382
>You hear the moaning coming from down the Living Quarters room.
Is it painful moaning or is it.....sexual moaning?

I guess, let’s try the closest room and work your way down the hall.

Watch out for that suspicious looking plant up there.
>>
No. 886393 ID: b1b4f3

>>886382
Go straight to the living quarters. Don't disturb the potted plant in case it's a mandrake, we can do that after.
>>
No. 886398 ID: eb4715

>Doctor Quarters
I don't know why but I belive there's something here that would probally explain why the heck someone burned to death and turned into a skeleton here.
>>
No. 886399 ID: eb4715

>>886398
Rewording it, I know happened a flash and all, just need to know who fucked up and killed the guy.
>>
No. 886426 ID: 05ff2f

Aim your flashlight straight up and check the ceiling and all the high walls for nasties.
>>
No. 886429 ID: 8a947d
File 152739574009.png - (154.36KB , 1212x826 , Doctor's Office.png )
886429

>>886426
There is nothing of note on the ceiling or high up on the walls.

>The Tv screen
A lot of the parts inside are damaged badly and seem worthless. You still managed to take a few salvageable parts and hope they're worth something.

>Hanging plant
It's an old withered plant, nothing special about it.

>The Doctors office
You enter the doctor's office. on the floor in front of you is what looks like some sort of ripped apart animal corpse.
>>
No. 886430 ID: f22061

>>886389
That TV will have something worth salvaging at least. I guess we can leave it for now if we want to explore first.
>>
No. 886431 ID: d3602f

>>886429
Check all the cupboards for medicine or other things we can sell. It also looks like there is a note on that table.
>>
No. 886432 ID: eb4715

Check cabinets and check that... Thing? God, this thing is even a creature? The worst part of this is that the body seem's awfully recent, say to Vol to look around while you check the room so there's no surprise attack.
>>
No. 886433 ID: ad51b8

check the note at the end of the room and the cupboards
>>
No. 886434 ID: 5fa661

black skin = something demonic? Does Vol recognise what it is/was?
>>
No. 886439 ID: 8a947d
File 152739949736.png - (77.03KB , 1212x826 , Doctor's Office 2.png )
886439

The body looks demonic, almost plant-like. With the knowledge of Mandrakes being present down here you make the assumption that this is a dead mandrake. It's all dried up and shriveled, the blood isn't wet but you can't tell how old it is.

The note on the desk is mostly illegible aside from one detail.

Greenhouse locked off due to issues with equipment, I think the key is in one of the rooms, probably Takami's.

Takami said she talked to Floyd after one of the missions, but I haven't seen him since.

>>
No. 886440 ID: eb4715

...Time to go to the living quarters, but first, pick up the corpse, it sounds dumb but it is alwwys good to have a bait or a tiny gift for the doctor, and they eound easy to carry.
>>
No. 886443 ID: 5fa661

Rummage through those cupboards for any valuable medical supplies, maybe there's enough to put together a makeshift first aid kit for yourself.
>>
No. 886444 ID: 91ee5f

>>886439
Is there anything in any of the cabinets that could be useful? Medkits, bandages, disinfectant, anything like that?

Let’s head for the Living Quarters next.

.....and on your way there, think about how you always seem to find an underground bunker of some kind where something has gone wrong. Then ask yourself if this is going to be a common thing for you and you’re just going to be known as the guy that always finds abandoned underground bunkers?
>>
No. 886471 ID: dc91a0

Might as well Raid the cabinets and cupboards while your here. might be something in them.
>>
No. 886476 ID: eeb7d9

Search the room for something useful. You think that you could take notes from this dead Mandrake? It might not be much, but maybe something there is something there.
>>
No. 886522 ID: 8a947d
File 152746499922.png - (106.02KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 3.png )
886522

You rummage through the cupboards for anything useful. A number of pills, syringes, and bottles are laying in a couple of the drawers. Most of them seem to be anesthetics but you take them all anyway.

>You think that you could take notes from this dead Mandrake?
There's nothing to take notes on, it's a corpse. You do pick it up and take it with you.

>Living Quarters
You head into the Living Quarters. The hall has four doors like the ones you saw in the picture each numbered. Only two are unlocked 88 and 87. The other doors are blocked or something you can't open them. At the end of the hall is a room titled "Garden"
>>
No. 886524 ID: eb4715

>Open 87
There's something here and what is inside is probally something problematic or ugly.
>>
No. 886526 ID: ad51b8

87 and then 88

keep your gun and shield ready.
>>
No. 886527 ID: d3602f

>>886526
I agree with this. Don't be too trigger happy though, we don't want to waste a bullet on a hanging corpse.
>>
No. 886530 ID: 5fa661

Stand WELL to the side when you open them, don't need god-knows-what jumping right in your face.
>>
No. 886533 ID: eeb7d9

Could this place be related to the other bunker?
>>
No. 886534 ID: b1b4f3

Better go with 88 first. 87 had a noose in it, which didn't actually matter for the puzzle but seems like a warning.
>>
No. 886536 ID: 91ee5f

>>886522
Why do I get the feeling that the hanging noose in the picture you found was there for a reason?

You’re probably gonna see that noose again if you open 87. Only this time the noose will be occupied by a body.

>At the end of the hall is a room titled "Garden"
Is that where the moaning is coming from?

I’m not sure if the Garden door is the one that’s locked or if there’s a greenhouse in the Garden and that’s what’s locked. Either way, we should try to find Takami's room where the key is supposed to be, just in case we need to get into the greenhouse in order to get a Mandrake.
>>
No. 886541 ID: 8a947d
File 152747050815.png - (187.15KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 4.png )
886541

You slowly and carefully enter room 87 with your gun drawn. It's a painfully small living area but there's nothing dangerous inside, and no noose. There's a door leading to a bathroom in the back of the room.

There's an odd piece of graffiti written on the wall.
>>
No. 886542 ID: d3602f

>>886541
Okay, I'm getting the feeling that someone somehow learnt how to summon demons, and is absolutely crazy.

It looks like there is another note on that drawer.
>>
No. 886543 ID: 9032fc

Start with 87, have your gun ready to go along with barrier. You know what I’m curious about? What kind of place this was. It seems the first area we went was maybe a kind of research station. I want to see if we can find any data logs or a journal as to what this facility was or even what the world was like before.
>>
No. 886545 ID: 9032fc

>>886543
Maybe see if we can find anything as to what that symbol is? My journal idea is lookinng pretty good
>>
No. 886546 ID: b1b4f3

Copy that sigil down in your journal. Also check that paper.
>>
No. 886548 ID: 91ee5f

>>886541
Check that paper on the nightstand and check under the drawer that’s on the floor.

Then check slowly open the door to the bathroom.
>>
No. 886549 ID: ad51b8

Vol any idea what the symbol on the wall means?

Also grab note.
>>
No. 886554 ID: eeb7d9

Write down the symbol and read the papers.
>>
No. 886564 ID: 8a947d
File 152748314795.png - (44.09KB , 1212x826 , Keyhole.png )
886564

Vol says that the symbol on the wall isn't demonic in nature, it's just some weird human graffiti.

The note on the table reads

Forgot storeroom password. Jonas what was it again?

Is in front of my room, always. Just go and look, how are you forgetting?

You try to open the bathroom door but it's jammed shut. There's a keyhole above the handle which you look through, there's not much to see inside. You look up and see a small vent just above the door, but it's too small for you or Vol to fit inside. Looks like you're not getting in that door anytime soon.
>>
No. 886567 ID: b1b4f3

Alright let's try the other room then.
>>
No. 886569 ID: d3602f

>>886564
Yeah, next room. But I just realized there was that welcome mat in the hallway. Maybe we could look under that for something.
>>
No. 886574 ID: 91ee5f

>>886564
>Forgot storeroom password. Jonas what was it again?
>Is in front of my room, always. Just go and look, how are you forgetting?
Hello, what do we have here? I think we already know the password!

I believe Jonas’ room is 89, which would mean the password is “WILLKOMMEN” as seen on the floor mat in the picture here: >>886133 !

>bathroom locked
That’s all we can do in this room.

Let’s go next door to 88.
>>
No. 886575 ID: f22061

Looks like in the process of searching the rooms we need to find which is Jonas'
>>
No. 886576 ID: 8a947d
File 152748700964.png - (130.52KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 5.png )
886576

You write down the symbol on the wall in your journal just in case and leave the room.

You enter room 88 the same way you entered room 87. There's an undamaged dresser by the wall and another bathroom at the back of the room.
>>
No. 886577 ID: ad51b8

man people sure loved plants back in the day... granted we technically have one now as well, even if it isn't actually at our place and has started to crawl around.

Anyways check dresser then bathroom.
>>
No. 886578 ID: d3602f

>>886576
It looks kind of like that plant has a label on it's pot. Does it say anything?

And yeah, check the dresser and bathroom.
>>
No. 886581 ID: 91ee5f

>>886576
Careful around that plant.

You never know, a Mandrake could be pretending to be a withered dead plant to make you drop your guard.
>>
No. 886582 ID: 8a947d
File 152749381775.png - (43.68KB , 1212x826 , Keyhole filled.png )
886582

>Plant
The plant is old and withered, but normal otherwise. The label on the plant reads "Herby".

>The Dresser
The dresser contains a few old and tattered clothes and one clothes hanger, you take the clothes hanger with you.

>The Bathroom
The bathroom once again is jammed shut, but this time when you look through the keyhole it seems like something is stuck inside. There's a grate above the door just like the last bathroom in room 87.
>>
No. 886583 ID: ad51b8

whelp let's hit that garden then. Make sure you 2 have those ear plugs in since this is the most likely spot we'd find mandrakes.
>>
No. 886584 ID: d3602f

>>886582
Stick that clothes hanger in the lock and try to remove the thing jamming it.
>>
No. 886590 ID: eeb7d9

>>886584
Be careful with that. You can break the lock for good and we won't be able to get inside later.
>>
No. 886592 ID: f22061

>>886590
It started out jammed, we don't lose anything by jamming it further. Not that we should try to, but it's worth a shot. Let's get in that bathroom.
>>
No. 886594 ID: 91ee5f

>>886584
Might as well try this.
>>
No. 886599 ID: b1b4f3

Is there a gap under the door? You could slip a piece of paper under to catch whatever's in the keyhole.

Where is the moaning coming from, anyway? Maybe the door with the red light above it? Maybe you can knock.
>>
No. 886614 ID: d4ceb4

>>886599
Well if we get the door open, that's moot, but it couldn't hurt beyond feeling a bit foolish. Try it.
>>
No. 886618 ID: eb4715

>>886582
Let's pick up Herby, herby need's a new owner and good care, that's what the owner of this room would like.
>>
No. 886630 ID: 7576c6

>>886618
Herby adoption? Herby adoption.
>>
No. 886632 ID: d3602f

>>886630
At this rate we're going to take a plant from every underground facility we find.
>>
No. 886653 ID: dbf422

>>886618
Why? Is this going to be a thing?
>>
No. 886665 ID: eb4715

>>886653
I mean, Roland need a pet or something like that, studying demons are pretty stressing, didn't you know?
>>
No. 886671 ID: 91ee5f

>>886618
Unless that’s a Mandrake, there is really no reason to take a dead plant.
>>
No. 886677 ID: dbf422

>>886665
Plants aren't calming, they're just all the stress of a tamagotchi but for real. Metaphors are also stressful.
>>
No. 886681 ID: eeb7d9

I don't know what to think about the plant. But it's name is Herby! We can't just ignore it!
I such a bad name is good!
>>
No. 886685 ID: 8a947d
File 152755209640.png - (175.48KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 6.png )
886685

>Herby
You take the plant with you, at least this one won't mutate on contact with air.

>Use the clothes hanger one the keyhole
The clothes hanger cannot fit inside of the keyhole. Even if it did you're not sure if the thing in the keyhole is jamming the door. If you did just pop it out you'd probably lose whatever it is and would still be unable to open the door.

>Is there a gap under the door?
There is no gap under the door, you can't do the old paper trick here.

>Where's the moaning coming from?
the moaning is coming from down the hall in the room labeled "Garden"
>>
No. 886690 ID: dbf422

Well, uh, I guess we could hack the door down with the hatchet.

Don't, though. Just check out another room and hope for the best.
>>
No. 886691 ID: ad51b8

>the moaning is coming from down the hall in the room labeled "Garden"

well let's get ready to met the locals then.
>>
No. 886692 ID: d3602f

>>886685
To the garden I suppose.
>>
No. 886696 ID: 91ee5f

>>886685
Let’s try the Garden.
>>
No. 886702 ID: eb4715

>>886685
Time to go to the garden, place full of plants and even more plants.
>>
No. 886705 ID: 8a947d
File 152755672611.png - (178.98KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 7.png )
886705

You head out of the room and towards the source of the moaning, the garden. The door creaks open to a room lit a bit better than the rest of the facility. The entire ground seems to be made up of dead grass and dry soil beneath it. The walls look like they're made up of odd mirror-like panels but a lot of them seem broken.

To your left is a door with a flickering light coming from its window, it looks like some sort of back up energy source is powering the room. The noises are the loudest here than anywhere else in the bunker. You look through the window and see a few odd plants growing in the planters of the room. This room is the greenhouse, but it is locked.
>>
No. 886708 ID: ad51b8

peek through the door's window.
>>
No. 886709 ID: e5c658

>>886705
Check behind the bench and in the fountain.

>>886708
We already did, it's a greenhouse.

Hey Heretic, have you seen what I posted in the disthread, yet?
>>
No. 886711 ID: b1b4f3

>>886705
So they're coming from the greenhouse? Well, we don't have the key. Anything under the bench? Or in the dried-up fountain?
>>
No. 886713 ID: 8a947d
File 152755952513.png - (172.78KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 8.png )
886713

You check the fountain, there's a small magnet at the bottom of it. Behind the bench, you find what looks like some sort of recording device. You really don't want to play whatever is on it
>>
No. 886714 ID: 8a947d
File 152755954679.png - (291.00KB , 1212x826 , Inventory Check 2.png )
886714

You store both in your inventory.
>>
No. 886716 ID: 91ee5f

>>886714
Let’s try looking for something in the Storage room. The code to unlock the Storage room should be “WILLKOMMEN”.
>>
No. 886717 ID: b1b4f3

>>886713
>don't want to play it
Why not? Too scurred?

Well, fine. Go open Storage up with the password.
>>
No. 886718 ID: e5c658

Try to use the magnet to unjam the locked door.
>>
No. 886719 ID: d3602f

>>886718
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it's metal.
>>
No. 886720 ID: eeb7d9

Maybe the tape recorder was for the plants?
Some people talk to them and play them songs to make them grow. Or so i heard. Maybe they were trying that. Iwouln't be surprised, if there are mandrake here, they could react to it.
>>
No. 886721 ID: d3602f

>>886720
Or, it could be recorded mandrake screams. If we play it, I highly suggest only doing so with earplugs in and away from others. Hmm, now that I think about it that could be a good way to kill lesser demons, and stun stronger ones. Think lacerflies would just drop dead if they heard?
>>
No. 886726 ID: 8a947d
File 152756277533.png - (118.94KB , 1212x826 , Magnet Keyhole.png )
886726

>Why not? Too scurred?
Yes, very actually. Your dad always told you playing the recorded voice of a dead person would disturb their spirit and attract their ghost to you, and you really don't want that to happen to you.

>Magnet on lock
You return to room 88 and try the magnet on the lock. You hear the thing inside jingle around and pull towards the magnet, but beyond that nothing else happens. If you managed to get the magnet on the other side you could pull whatever it is out.
>>
No. 886727 ID: 8a947d
File 152756296842.png - (133.43KB , 1212x826 , Storeroom.png )
886727

You head to the storeroom and use the code WILLKOMMEN to activate the door. Inside are a number of lockers, which after a short search you find are empty save for broken bits of glass and empty bottles. On one of the shelves in the back, there's a case and next to the shelves there's a panel in a wall cutout.
>>
No. 886728 ID: d3602f

>>886727
Try to open the case, then take a closer look to that panel. I bet if we flipped a few switches it could bring power to room 89 and 86.
>>
No. 886729 ID: 91ee5f

>>886727
Let’s take a closer look at both the case and the wall panel.
>>
No. 886732 ID: 05ff2f

I'm leery about trying to flip the power on right now. Could allow something nasty stuck behind a currently depowered door out. Also, is there even enough juice to power anything. If there isn't, then shame we forgot to bring that BWD85 battery along.

>If you managed to get the magnet on the other side you could pull whatever it is out.
Wait a second. There's a small vent over the door. If you tied the magnet to a string, you could slip it through there and lower it to snag whatever is on the other side. Unfortunately, you don't have any string on you. Is there any in this facility, or anything you could use as a substitute.

Could you rip some of the bedsheets into strips and tie their ends together, then tie one end to the magnet and slip that through? Or perhaps unwind the coat hangers, tie their ends together and the magnet to the end then fish it through the vent? Go try those.
>>
No. 886733 ID: b1b4f3

I think what's going to happen is we're going to capture a Mandrake, and that's what's going to go through the vents for us.
>>
No. 886734 ID: 8a947d
File 152756837161.png - (104.69KB , 1212x826 , Ooh Shiny.png )
886734

>The Case
The case is unlocked, you open it and find a double barrel shotgun in much better condition than the one you have. Of course, you take it.
>>
No. 886736 ID: 8a947d
File 152756850628.png - (95.60KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 9.png )
886736

>The panel
You poke around the panel a bit and manage to find a backup power feature on the side. It activates the lights in the bunker.
>>
No. 886738 ID: 8a947d
File 152756862286.png - (165.18KB , 1212x826 , Magnet Grab.png )
886738

>Unwind the coat hangers, tie their ends together and the magnet to the end then fish it through the vent.

With a little work, you manage to work your makeshift fishing rod into the vent and pull the keys out of the slot in the door. The label on the keys read "Greenhouse".
>>
No. 886739 ID: b1b4f3

>>886738
Nice. Let's go open up the greenhouse then. Just be sure to load your new shotgun beforehand.
>>
No. 886741 ID: d3602f

>>886738
Nice. Should we sell the old shotgun, or do you think we could perhaps use the parts for something else?

Also, by any chance, did the other numbered doors unlock? I want to see every room before we leave, including the kitchen.
>>
No. 886743 ID: 91ee5f

>>886734
Unload the bullets out of your Scrap Shotgun and load them into the new Shotgun.

Place new Shotgun in holster.

>>886736
>Lights are on.
Now nothing can sneak up on us from the shadows!

>>886738
>Got the Greenhouse key!
If there’s anything dangerous down here, you turning on the power has definitely alerted them that you’re in here with them!

You should probably go get that Mandrake before you go exploring the rest of this place. That way if you need to run for your life, you’ll at least be running away with a Mandrake, instead of running away without one!
>>
No. 886746 ID: dbf422

I mean, why not wear out your old shotgun, first? To delay wearing down the new one.
>>
No. 886752 ID: 91ee5f

>>886746
The new one isn’t made of scrap, it’s not gonna wear out anytime soon.
>>
No. 886753 ID: 91ee5f

>>886752
Actually, now that I think about it, check the new Shotgun to make sure there isn’t any important parts missing that will prevent it from firing.
>>
No. 886756 ID: 094652

Equip both shotguns. Dual-wield means a stronger first strike, and you can unequip your scrap shot when it's empty.
>>
No. 886763 ID: 3583d1

It’s probably not even loaded but yeah we might want to check and make sure the new shotgun is good. Afterwards let’s head to the greenhouse. We might run into some more of those strange plants so be wary
>>
No. 886767 ID: eeb7d9

I like the idea of dealing with the mandrake first, just in case you have to retreat for so me reason. That way at least, you will be completing your mission.
>>
No. 886775 ID: dbf422

>>886752
I played Fallout New Vegas, I know that everything requires scrap.

Okay that's not necessarily relevant.
>>
No. 886845 ID: 7f3fc1

>>886775
given that this is a wasteland, and new Vegas is a wasteland,the fallout games probably help a lot with being genre savie
>>
No. 886851 ID: 8a947d
File 152765348939.png - (154.93KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 10.png )
886851

>>886753
The newer shotgun isn't missing any important parts, it's functioning and in good condition. You load the shells from your Scrap Shotgun into the Sawed-Off Shotgun and holster it.

You head back to the Garden and unlock the greenhouse. Inside you see a number of empty planters except for the one right in front of you. A trio of red sapling like plants sprout from the planter each one squirming and occasionally making moaning or yawning noises.
>>
No. 886852 ID: 7576c6

Found em
>>
No. 886855 ID: d3602f

>>886851
Since you aren't interested in listening to that recording, maybe we could record the mandrake's screams with it? It could make an effective weapon against lacerflies.

Think of it as our first test: Does a Mandrake's scream remain dangerous when recorded?
>>
No. 886856 ID: eeb7d9

>>886855
What must be dangerous is the vibrations they make. A recording can't reproduce that.
>>
No. 886858 ID: eb4715
886858

>>886851
Put the ear plugs, pull them up and use the bindding scrolls, job done. You might also write a bit about then and their anatomy, but otherwise? Simple job.
>>
No. 886859 ID: d3602f

>>886856
It could be from magic, volume or maybe the pitch of the scream. Maybe it's possible to recreate the scream with the right tech. It isn't like we're going to listen to the recording anyway. We can't let someone else here it and have them tell us what it says either, not unless we want them to be haunted by ghosts. At worst, the tape will probably just explode.
>>
No. 886860 ID: 5fa661

Can we dump the withered plant and transfer one of the mandrakes to the pot without setting it off? As long as the root is still covered with dirt it should be okay, as long as it'll fit.
>>
No. 886869 ID: 91ee5f

>>886851
Behind you! Unless that’s the statue in the other room, then never mind.

Anyways, make sure your earplugs and Vol’s earplugs are in before you get any closer to those Mandrakes!

.....so, how exactly do the Binding Scrolls work? Do we point it at the demon or do we touch them with the scroll?

Don’t forget to check the cabinet over there.
>>
No. 886873 ID: eb4715

>>886860
Not that good ideia considering we will have to eventually remove it from the pot and it would be in probally public spacr.
>>
No. 886878 ID: 8a947d
File 152766014027.png - (279.76KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 11.png )
886878

>Behind you!
As you enter the room you feel a hand grasp your shoulder. Startled you put your hand on your sawed off and whip around to come face to face with the masked man from outside.

???: Easy! Easy. It's just me.
YOU: What are you doing down here?
???: I...I came to check.
YOU: ...Check what?

He looks around and behind him again shutting the door. He speaks to you in a hushed tone.

???: Alright, so after you left I went back down the mountain to check if anyone followed you, or if you had people coming for me and you were just a distraction. I went down, found nothin' so I came back up. But when I got back to my tent I saw somethin' comin' towards this cave. Somethin' big and weird lookin', but I didn't get a good look before it left.
???: What I'm tryin' to say is I think somethin's down here with you, with us...

You hear something moving around in the garden room, loud sniffing and snarling heading towards the green house.
>>
No. 886883 ID: 91ee5f

>>886878
Good news, it’s the guy from earlier!

More good news, you’ve found the Mandrakes!

Bad news, there’s something really big blocking the exit out of here!

Ok, here’s the plan, everyone get your ear protection on and watch the door. Once whatever’s out there enters the room, yank the Mandrakes outta the soil and their screams will damage whatever’s going to be attacking us!

Then use 1 or both Binding Scrolls to bring 1, 2, or all 3 of the Mandrakes with you and then get the fuck out while shooting Silver Slugs at the attacking thing!
>>
No. 886884 ID: b1b4f3

>>886878
Ah, crap. We can't mess with the mandrakes yet since SR-Troy doesn't have any ear protection. Look around to see if you can find more earplugs for him to use. If you find some, you can bind one of the mandrakes and use it to help fight... whatever's followed you.
>>
No. 886886 ID: 3583d1

>>886884
I thought he had some kind of headphones or something?

If there is something down here with us we should find a way to set a trap. If this guy is who I think he is he'll be quick witted. Offer to work together to get out of this alive.
>>
No. 886904 ID: 91ee5f

>>886884
>SR-Troy
I’m still not entirely convinced that’s who that is, but you could be right.

>>886886
>I thought he had some kind of headphones or something?
He does. He’s using them right here: >>886109 . Whether or not he brought them with him is the real question here.

However, since this place looks like it was growing and/or studying the Mandrakes, I think there might be ear protection of some kind somewhere in this room.
>>
No. 886915 ID: eeb7d9

Hmmm, so many posibilitys. We might have a big reunion soon.

He seems to be a good guy, dispite first impresions. He actually came here to warn you and expouse himself to danger just for that. He could have just scaped himself. Or maybe he didn't had any other choise.
What is important now is to get the Mandrakes and then see how to avoid this big fella waitng for us.
>>
No. 886917 ID: 8a947d
File 152769240219.png - (194.34KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 12.png )
886917

Before you can grab any of the mandrakes the door behind you begins to creak open slowly. You, Vol, and the man leap over the planter and hide from whatever's entered the room.

You motion the masked man to put his headphones as you reach up to pull a mandrake out of the planter to stun whatever's in the room with you.
>>
No. 886918 ID: 8a947d
File 152769267233.png - (112.41KB , 1212x826 , Mandrake.png )
886918

The thing behind the counter grabs the same mandrake you were reaching for. The shrill scream fills the room, you feel the ground vibrate and your bones rattle. The thing behind the planter doesn't seem phased by the scream, however. It pulls the mandrake down and you hear crunching and chewing. Whatever that thing is it's eating your income.
>>
No. 886919 ID: eeb7d9

That is no good. Take a peek, see what are you facing.
>>
No. 886920 ID: cfac00

That fucker! Shoot it dead!
>>
No. 886926 ID: d3602f

>>886918
Grab one of the mandrakes with a binding scroll, then start shooting.
>>
No. 886931 ID: 7576c6

Combat must now be initiated, open fire and start moving.
>>
No. 886935 ID: 91ee5f

>>886918
Oh, fuck no!

Shoot it with some Silver Slugs! And while it’s reeling back from pain, pull up a Mandrake and use a Binding Scroll on it!
>>
No. 886945 ID: eb4715

>>886918
Mandrakes are so cute!
>>
No. 886955 ID: 9032fc

Open fire surprise round!
>>
No. 886957 ID: 8a947d
File 152771310787.png - (578.80KB , 1212x826 , The Mountain Bunker 13.png )
886957

You spring up from behind the planter and fire a silver slug at the unknown creature as at the same time you capture a mandrake from the planter with a binding scroll.
>>
No. 886958 ID: 575ec0

DON'T FORGET TO D O U B L E T A P
>>
No. 886959 ID: 8a947d
File 152771364708.png - (143.49KB , 1212x826 , Beast.png )
886959

You get a clear look at the creature in front of you. An odd mix of feline and canine features on a hairless pitch black body equipped with extra frontal legs and large tentacle-like protrusions sprouting from its shoulders. The creature's four eyes glow a bright demonic red and its outline seems to blur and shift around. Vol tells you it's a Displacer Beast.

The displacer beast has had it's paw shot off, it stands there staring at you unmoving blocking your only exit.
>>
No. 886960 ID: 7576c6

Well, don’t let up. Try to get that guy to help you, you’re both stuck here until that thing is dead or driven away.
>>
No. 886962 ID: d3602f

>>886959
Try to shoot off it's other leg, that should make it easy to finish it.

Also, I kind of want to tame Displacer Beast in the future once we can safely capture them.
>>
No. 886963 ID: 5fa661

AIM CENTRE-OF-MASS. Your accuracy is going to be much worse here, don't try for a headshot unless you can shove your gun right down the damn thing's throat.
>>
No. 886964 ID: e5c658

>>886959
Rush into it. These things create illusions of themselves while moving unseen.
>>
No. 886967 ID: eeb7d9

I wonder if it can still dodge. Tell the mask guy to surround it, he might distract it so you can shot at it again.

>>886962
>Tame Displacer Beast
That would be cool. Let's hope it can heal itself later. I would like to avoid killing it if possible.
>>
No. 886970 ID: b1b4f3

>>886959
Wait a minute, you can't be sure where this thing is. It's displaced, after all. Maybe you should put up a defensive shield until you're sure.
>>
No. 886972 ID: 91ee5f

>>886959
You’ve only got 3 Silver Slugs left, so make every shot count!

>>886967
Nope, we’re killing this thing.

Now that it’s got our scent, it’s gonna follow us home if we don’t kill it now!
>>
No. 886982 ID: dbf422

We don't have time to decide whether it can be tamed, it'll eat all our income before we get the chance to figure out if it's even possible. Take a split second and aim, and shoot its torso.
>>
No. 886985 ID: ad51b8

be ready to shield yourself if this thing rushes.

Vol, any tips and info on what this thing is?
>>
No. 886992 ID: 3583d1

Shield up! Reload, make sure Vol and Troy? are in the bubble too.
>>
No. 887076 ID: 8a947d
File 152780525858.png - (207.79KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 1.png )
887076

You fire the second silver slug at the displacer beast, but the beast's form disappears in a flash of light as the slug goes through it and hit's the floor instead.
>>
No. 887077 ID: 8a947d
File 152780540460.png - (214.49KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 2.png )
887077

You hear movement behind you and put up a barrier just in time to stop the beast's tendril from cutting into your head. The displacer beast had managed to get behind you somehow.

The masked man feels the side of the planter you're standing on. He then pulls you off of it and grabs Vol.
>>
No. 887078 ID: 8a947d
File 152780548058.png - (334.64KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 3.png )
887078

???: There's no way we're fightin' this thing in here! I think this planter and that door are made out of the same stuff but I'm not sure. Let's just hope this works...

He falls back into the planter while holding onto you and Vol.
>>
No. 887079 ID: 8a947d
File 152780554705.png - (194.52KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 4.png )
887079

The three of you end up falling down on the ground instead of hitting the side of the planter. You feel dead grass below you, you look up and realize you're in the garden room again just outside of the greenhouse.
>>
No. 887080 ID: 166e1c

Is the mandrake with you?
>>
No. 887083 ID: 91ee5f

>>887079
That’s a neat trick. He’s apparently able to move through objects that are made of the same material.

Quickly, lock the door with the key! Sure, that might not stop it, but it’ll at least buy some time!

>>887080
Look here: >>886957 . He grabbed one and put it in a Binding Scroll.
>>
No. 887085 ID: eeb7d9

Nice call!
Hey, his mask is falling!
What do we do from here?
Attaking it by surpice worked before, should we try that again?
>>
No. 887087 ID: 166e1c

>>887083
Is that what the scroll do? Like a pokeball? I though it just made demons obedient.
>>
No. 887089 ID: 05ff2f

Okay, so the gas masked dude has teleportation powers that go through materials of the same type. Good to know. You'll get the specifics from 'em later, when you don't have a displacer beast on your ass. And give 'em a big thanks for saving all your asses.

Don't waste time locking the greenhouse door. The door is closed so that means the displacer beast phased through it to get into the greenhouse and didn't even bother to open the unlocked door. Best use little time you gained to stay low, keep quiet and scramble for the exit before the beast gets on your tail again.

Also ditch the dead mandrake right away. The displacer beast probably can tail you by the scent of that carcass and Mordecai likely has a bunch of better dead mandrake specimens from other hunters already so there's no point in hauling it back. Leave it and maybe the displacer beast will get distracted eating it, buying you time.

Once you're reasonably sure you can whisper without the displacer beast hearing you, whisper to Vol to ask what he knows about this creature. Specifically, what its teleport/phasing powers are. There anything that can block, slow down or confuse it? Man, you wish you had silver shot instead of slugs. That beast would have a harder time dodging a expanding cone of shot than a single slug.
>>
No. 887093 ID: eb4715

Thank the mysterious guy and get the fuck out of here, that thing can beat ur ass.
>>
No. 887108 ID: 8a947d
File 152781493399.png - (45.69KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 5.png )
887108

You quickly turn around and lock the greenhouse door behind you with the key before darting away from the door and down the hall. You ask Vol if he knows anything about displacer beasts. He explains that they don't teleport or phase, a displacer beast bends light, making them appear to be several feet from their actual positions. When you shot at it in the garden the second time you hit the fake illusion it created while the real thing was camouflaged. As far as Vol knows it has the same basic weaknesses as any demon and has no real special resistances.

You aren't quite sure if you should just leave the bunker or try to kill the beast. A normal animal would give up after a while but you aren't sure to what extent this displacer beast is willing to go to chase you down.
>>
No. 887109 ID: 8a947d
File 152781550083.png - (308.57KB , 1212x826 , Inventory Check 3.png )
887109

>ditch the dead mandrake
Vol tells you the thing most likely smells you despite the corpse, but if you want you can drop if you want to. You check your inventory to see what you have and to see if there's anything you want to drop.
>>
No. 887113 ID: d3602f

>>887109
I don't think we should drop anything. The doctor could make use of that corpse, and dropping anything else would serve no purpose.

If we have to, we could just throw the dead thing at the Displacer's face to slow it down.
>>
No. 887114 ID: e5c658

>>887109
Lace the corpse with drugs and leave it for the beast to eat.
>>
No. 887115 ID: 7576c6

If we must fight again I propose that we do a little change up in our gun. Load a buckshot and a silver slug. Make it so that it shoots in that order. Maybe we can actually get a sort of “hit” with the buckshot and quickly follow up with a slug.
>>
No. 887119 ID: d3602f

>>887115
Hmm, in terms of tactics I suggest putting up the shield and waiting for it to attack. As soon as it strikes, we'll know just where it is and we can unload into it. I hope our friend still has his gun.
>>
No. 887120 ID: eb4715

>>887113
Seconding, keep running until we see that beast again, it would probally kill the last mandragora and lose focus.
>>
No. 887140 ID: eeb7d9

Keep running.
>>
No. 887148 ID: 8a947d
File 152782589904.png - (279.34KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 6.png )
887148

>>887114
You inject and stuff the mandrake's corpse full of the anesthetic drugs and leave it just in case the displacer beast comes after you, hopefully, it will be distracted and be knocked out or even overdose on the drugs. Part of you wants to observe the creatures closer, but it's a very small part compared to the part that doesn't want to be eaten by demons

>>887115
You load the gun as such and continue through the bunker.

You rush to the lobby of the bunker where you come face to face with a displacer beast, a different one not missing its front paw. It seems displacer beasts may travel in packs and there is more than just one down here looking for tasty mandrakes. The beast stays put again, while the outline of the beast flutters around it like the last one.
>>
No. 887149 ID: b1b4f3

>>887148
It's not there anymore. Shield up, wait for its attack and strike back.
>>
No. 887153 ID: e5c658

>>887148
Can you move the barrier while casting it? Try to smack into the illusion with it.
>>
No. 887159 ID: d3602f

>>887148
Try hacking that couch a bit, it should be filled with fluff or foam or something similar. If we scatter it around, we should be able to tell exactly where the demon is based on where the fluff is moving.
>>
No. 887161 ID: 91ee5f

>>887149
This!

>>887159
We don’t have time to do that!
>>
No. 887164 ID: d3602f

>>887161
Well, nothing else to do behind the shield except wait.
>>
No. 887167 ID: dbf422

Honestly, the best way to deal with an invisible enemy is to let it hurt you. If it matches onto you with a bite, you know exactly where it is. Maybe you can use your scrap shotgun as a surrogate arm, but if not, using your arm to keep it in one place would be very useful.
>>
No. 887169 ID: 91ee5f

>>887167
I think if we let it rip our arm off, Roland will be in too much pain to think straight.
>>
No. 887182 ID: dbf422

>>887169
Well considering that wasn't what I said, it should be fine. That demon's too small and too tricky to be strong enough to rip out arm off without a lot of free time it won't have. It won't be pleasant but that's what healing spells are for.
>>
No. 887193 ID: eeb7d9

What about our new friend? Any ideas?
>>
No. 887200 ID: f3fe9b

Can you judge its place by the shadow, or is that unreliable too?
>>
No. 887201 ID: 7576c6

If only a large amount of dust in that air is happening but it ain’t, hunker down with a shield.
>>
No. 887208 ID: 575ec0

Oooh. The previous displacer beast that "Disappeared" wasn't casting a shadow!
This one is!
Don't track the beast, track the shadow!

It seems to be sizing you up.
Ready your weapon but no sudden moves. Tell the new guy about the shadow thing and have him watch your back. Then slowly make your way to the exit.
These things remind me of big cats.
They likely won't attack head-on. As long as you're always facing where it truly is, you should be more or less safe.
>>
No. 887215 ID: 9032fc

>>887208
Good plan do this
>>
No. 887227 ID: dbf422

>>887208
Except don't go to the exit. We can't leave until we grab a live mandrake.
>>
No. 887234 ID: 91ee5f

>>887227
Read this: >>886957 . We’ve already caught a live Mandrake in one of our Binding Scrolls.

Going to the exit is what we should be doing!
>>
No. 887244 ID: dbf422

>>887234
Oh okay.
>>
No. 887275 ID: 8a947d
File 152795046987.png - (196.39KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 7.png )
887275

>>887208
You pay attention to the creature's shadow as it stands in front of you. You try to time your shield as best as you can since it doesn't last forever. At the last second, you see the shadow flicker out and move with frightening speed to your left. The displacer beast is incredibly fast and from the sound of it near silent when camouflaged. You have no time react as it perches itself on the couch.
>>
No. 887276 ID: 8a947d
File 152795089970.png - (308.05KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 8.png )
887276

The beast leaps at you. Vol manages to dodge out of the way, but you decide to do something else.

>>887167
You put up your scrap shotgun and allow the beast to bite down on it instead, you're pushed to the ground and the beast is left on top of you pinning you down. In this position, you reach for your new sawed off, but the demon's tendrils grasp your arms and keep you bound to the ground. The bristles of one of its tentacles claw at your head only stopped by its efforts to keep your arm in place. It's bite slowly crushes your scrap shotgun.

The man pulls his pistol and unloads his full magazine of 9 rounds into the displacer beast. it hurts it a little and slows its attack on you but you see a few of the bullets actually bounce off of its skin instead of piercing it.
>>
No. 887280 ID: d3602f

>>887276
Try to throw the shotgun to our friend, and have him blast it with that.
>>
No. 887284 ID: 91ee5f

>>887276
Shout, “Use this!” to your pistol wielding friend and throw the Shotgun towards him!
>>
No. 887285 ID: eeb7d9

Tell him to use your shotgun, it's the only thing that it will hurt it, since it has silver bullets!
Vol should make a barrier with the four of you in it, so the beast can't escape. I know is risky as fuck, but we already are in a tight spot here.
>>
No. 887288 ID: 91ee5f

>>887285
I’m pretty sure Vol can’t make a Barrier that big.

Also, let’s not do that.
>>
No. 887289 ID: d3602f

>>887285
Why would we want to keep it from escaping? At the moment we're just trying to survive.
>>
No. 887293 ID: dbf422

Well we can't move so we have to tell Vol to carry our shotgun to our new buddy.
>>
No. 887297 ID: eeb7d9

>>887288
>>887289
I don't know. I was thinking that we are already stuck with that thing biting Roland's head off, we might as well go and kill the thing without letting it scape.
It never occurred to my that was way too hardcore. I've being playing God Of War too much.
>>
No. 887321 ID: 8a947d
File 152799674278.png - (404.51KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 9.png )
887321

You toss the double barrel to the nameless man. He catches it and shoots one barrel at the beast. From the look of it, it was the normal buckshot you had loaded and not the silver slug. It seems like it manages to hurt the displacer beast more than the bullets did, however. The demon leaps off of you and camouflages away but you don't see exactly where it goes. It's gone for now.

Vol quickly comes to your aid to help you off of the ground and heal the lacerations you have. You look behind you to check if the displacer beast from before had caught up to you. When you look down the hall you see that the beast is passed out on the floor, most likely from eating the drugged mandrake corpse. You can't be sure if those two displacer beasts are the only ones around here. For now, you should still leave.

???: Damn! You were lucky I came down here else you'd probably be demon food! You always do crap like this? What the hell are you down here for anyway?
>>
No. 887322 ID: e5c658

>>887321
"Research."
Ask Vol if a lesser seal would work on the sleeping displacer beast. If it will or he doesn't know, use it.
>>
No. 887324 ID: d3602f

>>887321
Yeah, thanks a lot for the help. We came here because we are working with a doctor who thinks that he might be able to use mandrakes in medicine.

On a more general scale, we want to study demons, to try to see if we can find a way around them our take advantage of certain characteristics. Now, I know you probably think that we're crazy and will tell us that this situation should show us that we should just throw in the towel right now. But, this would have been pretty easy if it weren't for those damn dogs.

I really hope we either use less ammo or get better paying jobs soon, at this rate we're going to be wasting it all on restocking.
>>
No. 887326 ID: eb4715

Yea, we always do shit like that. It's just how life is, ain't no rest for the wicked, right? Noooooow let's just get the fuck out of here.

Also ask about the teleportation powers, because why not? Dude is really sketchy, but we don't know what the powers exact deal.
>>
No. 887327 ID: 7576c6

So, anything we can do with the knocked out beast or nah.
>>
No. 887328 ID: ad51b8

>>887321
>You always do crap like this? What the hell are you down here for anyway?

just kinda starting out really but more or less and mandrakes for research hoping it will help people out as a hole and no I don't care if you think I have a low IQ I get enough of that from Vol. Speaking of which thanks for the heal. Really hoping we can find some way to reliably hit these things that doesn't involve letting them maul me first to make sure they stay still long enough for one of us to shoot them.
>>
No. 887329 ID: d3602f

>>887327
Unless we can catch it with a scroll, we can't take it back. We have nothing to contain it, and there is no way I'm going to bring that thing back with us unless it's in chains.

Although, now that it's down we could probably safely execute it. Anyone interested in dissecting it later? Maybe some parts of it could be useful. Maybe we could even find something that it's weak to through experimenting.
>>
No. 887342 ID: 91ee5f

>>887321
>Damn! You were lucky I came down here else you'd probably be demon food! You always do crap like this?
“As a matter of fact, no, this is literally our second time we’ve run into demons we’re not purposefully looking for.”

“And I already told you earlier why we’re here, a doctor in Dawnsprings sent us up here to bring back a demon called a Mandrake.”

Take back your shotgun and head back up the elevator. You guys can introduce yourselves later when you’re all safely out of this place.

Also, when you get back out, you might want to tell this guy that he may want to relocate his tent, seeing as this place doesn’t look all that safe anymore!
>>
No. 887347 ID: b1b4f3

>>887321
If the scroll won't work on the displacer beast, kill it and chop off a tentacle to bring back.
>>
No. 887349 ID: 91ee5f

>>887347
In sure that as soon as we try to kill the sleeping Displacer Beast, the other one is going to reappear and attack us.

Hell, for all we know, a 3rd one is going to show up!
>>
No. 887352 ID: dbf422
887352

Thanks Vol, thanks nameless stranger. Mention that you're just starting but you plan to continue.

Then see if you can do anything with the displacer beast. If you can't capture it with the scroll, you could just try hog-tying it, since it's "teleport" is just invisibility.
>>
No. 887359 ID: 575ec0

Wil the other scroll work on the sleeping demon?
Check to see if it works like in pokemon.
>>
No. 887362 ID: 8a947d
File 152801411073.png - (347.86KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 10.png )
887362

You use your empty binding parchment to bind the unconscious displacer beast. binding parchments don't make the demon completely subservient to you but it makes them much more docile and prone to suggestion, more temperamental demons may outright ignore what you tell them but the odds of them attacking without being provoked is low. Don't forget this beast is missing a paw and knocked out on drugs so it may not be helpful to unleash in combat.

YOU: I told you I'm up here to find demons. I took a job from a doctor and I saw it as a good way to learn more about demons and make money.
???: Learn more 'bout demons? We already know everything we need to, silver kills 'em...no uhh...no offense to the little guy there.
VOL: None taken, I know plenty a things dat can kill humans.
YOU: Anyway...what's with that teleportation thing you do?
???: Teleportin'? It ain't really teleportin', more like makin' portals out a stuff I touch. Anyway, it ain't important how I do it. Anyway, we oughta get outta here; I need to find a new place to hide now.
>>
No. 887363 ID: d3602f

>>887362
That's a big one... I say we head to the skipper immediately, sorry man but we're going to have to leave your tent behind.
>>
No. 887365 ID: ad51b8

whelp speaking of leaving, their is a really big mother fucker right behind you
>>
No. 887377 ID: 166e1c

If that thing have any intelligence it's real position should be somewhere near the tent.
>>
No. 887381 ID: dbf422

Oh, there's a displacer beast momma on top of the mountain behind you. Uh. Kind of a shame, but think about using your newly bound beast as a distraction or peace offering. As a last resort, though. For now, get moving.
>>
No. 887384 ID: 91ee5f

>>887362
Shit, I don’t know where that thing is, since it’s already standing in a shadow.

Anyways, tell your new friend that he might have to abandon his tent.

>>887381
>think about using your newly bound beast as a distraction or peace offering.
You’re talking about the Displacer Beast and not the Mandrake, right?
>>
No. 887387 ID: 575ec0

>>887381
I doubt it works like that.
Portal out!
Now!
>>
No. 887391 ID: dbf422

>>887384
Well yeah. That's a thing some animals might care about, and since we know about nothing about demons, some of them could ostensibly have animal intelligence. Again, to be very clear, this is my super last resort plan. Any other plans people come up with should be tried first.
>>
No. 887392 ID: dbf422

>>887384
Also, I did say beast, and that's part of the displacer beast's name. Just saying.
>>
No. 887393 ID: eeb7d9

>>887362
Aaaand that must be the mother!
Do demons have children, Vol?
Look man, lets deal with this thing here first, and then we figure out a place for you to stay, sounds good?

Roland, load the silver bullets.
>>
No. 887398 ID: d3602f

>>887393
We had enough trouble with a regular Displacer, there is no way we can take this one on with our current equipment.
>>
No. 887437 ID: eeb7d9

>>887398
I didn't said we have to fight it, we just have to avoid getting kill. We can escape or something. Don't know how though.
>>
No. 887452 ID: 3e8a21

>>887362
well damn now I feel like we should have saved that scroll, but then again this feels more like a greater or at least medium demon than a lesser one
>>
No. 887484 ID: 8a947d
File 152807676979.png - (238.15KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 11.png )
887484

You hear the low growls and sound of claws scraping rock and quickly turn around to see a displacer beast much larger than either of the ones in the mountain. It leaps from the mountaintop and lands perfectly in front of you separating you from the man's tent.
>>
No. 887485 ID: 8a947d
File 152807757086.png - (387.58KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 12.png )
887485

You move towards the nameless man and reach for your sawed off and the last silver slug you have to load it but as you do so you feel sharp spikes rake across your chest leaving deep gashes. Since you were moving around the wounds aren't dangerously deep but still hurt. The displacer beast has moved back after attacking you and its shadow stays beneath it.

You put up a barrier to keep yourself safe while behind the barrier Vol plays his melody and heals the gashes on your chest as best he can. You ask the man to teleport you out but he says he cannot.

???: I need to know where another surface made out of the same rock as the ground we're standing on is, it's gotta be big enough to fit us through too if we want to escape.
>>
No. 887486 ID: d3602f

>>887485
Run back to the caves, the cave below might be made out of the same stuff.
>>
No. 887490 ID: e5c658

>>887485
There's another cave further down the mountain.
>>
No. 887493 ID: 166e1c

Isn't most of the mountain made of the same kind of rock?
>>
No. 887497 ID: 91ee5f

>>887485
How about the ledge where you parked your Skipper?

If you can describe where it is, can he still take you there?
>>
No. 887499 ID: 8a947d
File 152808216417.png - (114.86KB , 1212x826 , Ostarius.png )
887499

>>887493
???: Yeah it is...and that sort of makes it harder.
???: This ability I have is called "Geminae Porta" and it allows me to create a gate between two similar surfaces within range of the ability. Two separate similar surfaces have to be present and I have to know where they are, from what I know all of the rock on this mountain is forming one single surface and I don't know of any breaks in it. The way I ambushed you a bit earlier was from a sheet of metal similar to the material my truck is made of, in fact, I'd wager a guess that it's our best route out of here.

The displacer beast beats on the side of the barrier with its tentacles, it should hold for a bit longer but you can't be sure.
>>
No. 887501 ID: dbf422

>>887493
Yeah, but we need rocks big enough to go through or we need exposed mountainside, since there's probably layers of dirt and rock that gets in the way of the ground.

So the cave idea is a good one.
>>
No. 887505 ID: d3602f

>>887499
Needs to be different? There were a lot of large fused stalagmites/tites around the size of a human. Maybe we could get the thing to break one off, then it would be a separate surface.
>>
No. 887508 ID: 91ee5f

>>887499
Maybe he can teleport you all to his truck and then you can run back and get your Skipper? Because there’s no way you’re leaving it behind after how many years you spent putting that thing together!
>>
No. 887525 ID: dbf422

>>887501
Oh nevermind, I said this before I saw the new post.
>>
No. 887529 ID: 8a947d
File 152809697472.png - (237.93KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 13.png )
887529

>>887505
YOU: I'm pretty sure one of the stalactites or stalagmites in the cave behind us is big enough to use. We'd have be able to use that and not risk rushing the displacer beast.
???: If you say so...

The man picks up a large rock off of the ground and fires a few shots from his pistol into the rock. The bullets emerge from a separate rock behind the displacer beast and trick it into thinking there is another person down the mountain.
>>
No. 887532 ID: 8a947d
File 152809730820.png - (261.75KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 14.png )
887532

The three of you escape into the cave and down the hole once more into the underground area. You notice a large enough chunk of rock hanging from the ceiling that could be useful.

YOU: There! That stalagmite should be big enough to use!
???: Isn't that a stalactite? I'm pretty sure stalagmites-
YOU: Are you really going to argue this shit with me now?

You're pretty sure the displacer beast has noticed the two of you have gone and is probably heading to pursue you. A few shots should take the stalactite down.
>>
No. 887533 ID: dbf422

Make sure to switch to your regular shot first. Shoot once and have ??? finish knocking it down with his gun. Just to be fair, and all.
>>
No. 887543 ID: 91ee5f

>>887532
Use your normal shots and not your silver shots when shooting the stalactite!
>>
No. 887544 ID: eeb7d9

Let's just hope the beast is not smart enough to dodge it.
Bare in mind that the beasts that we encountered before might still be around.
>>
No. 887545 ID: 91ee5f

>>887544
We’re not using the stalactite to attack, we’re using it with Troy’s ability to escape!
>>
No. 887561 ID: b1b4f3

>>887532
Vol can set up a barrier near the entrance to keep the beast from entering so easily while you take down the stalactite.
>>
No. 887576 ID: eeb7d9

>>887545
Oh, that is even better then.
>>
No. 887807 ID: 8a947d
File 152824428858.png - (319.91KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 15.png )
887807

>>887561
Vol would have to stand right inside of his barrier since his doesn't have as much range as yours. If the barrier breaks he'd but right at the front of danger and you doubt he'd be able to get away fast enough without being attacked by the beast.

You unload the silver slug from your shotgun and fire 2 regular shells at the stalactite, you're currently at 2 Silver Slugs and 2 Regular Shells.

The stalactite doesn't fall right away, however. You turn and ask the man to shoot it a few times with you but you see he's looking back at the cave entrance as the displacer beast makes its way into the cave. it charges at the both of you instead of standing still like before.
>>
No. 887810 ID: dbf422

>>887807
Yell at him to shoot it as you and Vol jump between him and the beast and you shield up. When it's down, release your shield and run. Have Vol put up a shield if the beast tries to attack while you're vulnerable.
>>
No. 887814 ID: b1b4f3

>>887807
Lure it under the stalactite!
>>
No. 887820 ID: 91ee5f

>>887807
Barrier!
>>
No. 887821 ID: 575ec0

Throw the axe at the weakened stalactite!
>>
No. 887825 ID: eeb7d9

>>887814
Wait, wasn't it for escaping?
Or we are using it as a diversion as well?
>>
No. 887836 ID: d3602f

>>887825
We're kind of playing it by ear here. If the stalactite falls in one piece, we use it to escape to the cave down the mountain. If it smashes on the head of the creature, assuming it doesn't die, we can use the chance to get by and use the metal floor by Troy's tent to escape to his truck.
>>
No. 887859 ID: 8a947d
File 152825953376.png - (304.61KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 16.png )
887859

You put a barrier up quickly between you three and the beast, it makes an odd movement before slamming into the side of the barrier disappearing in a flash of light. A projection, but it's too dark in the caves to notice the shadow right away.
>>
No. 887862 ID: 8a947d
File 152825968630.png - (360.51KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 17.png )
887862

Before you can react you're struck from behind by the real beast and the man is grabbed in one of its tentacles. The strike would've been fatal but just before it hit Vol put up a small barrier to save you from being killed. The beast turns slowly strangling the man in its grasp and walking towards Vol slowly.
>>
No. 887863 ID: 5fa661

Reload that silver shot and aim for the tentacle! Trying to drop the stalactite on it is too risky with our new buddy in the way.
>>
No. 887868 ID: dbf422

Why don't we give that axe a try? What better to sever a tentacle with.
>>
No. 887899 ID: 575ec0

Silver slug in the barrel, and then Charge.
Fire at it straight in the face as it turns to attack. It's do or die time.
>>
No. 887933 ID: 91ee5f

>>/questdis/123459

I’m just gonna leave this link here, since it’s too long to be posted here.

Basically, I’m saying we could try trapping it in a barrier, with its head outside of the barrier, and then shoot it in the face with some silver!
>>
No. 887982 ID: 8a947d
File 152833775409.png - (291.55KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 18.png )
887982

Before the displacer beast can move any closer to Vol or disappear again you enclose its body in a barrier trap its head and tentacles. In shock, it thrashes around aimlessly and drops the man on the ground.
>>
No. 887984 ID: 8a947d
File 152833786178.png - (461.25KB , 1212x826 , Displaced 19.png )
887984

You load your gun with a silver slug and leap up on top of the barrier, you fire it into the back of the displacer beast's head. It continues to move and flail for a while longer yelling and roaring furiously until it begins to finally slow down and go limp. It's dead.
>>
No. 887986 ID: b1b4f3

Now that is a nice trick. How far away can we put the barrier? Can Vol do that too?
Speaking of Vol, ask him to help heal your injuries, then get that stalactite down so we can get out of here. There's still one more beast somewhere around; we can come back later to retrieve our vehicles.
>>
No. 887988 ID: d3602f

>>887984
Didn't think we would end up killing the thing. We only looked at the easier jobs on the job board, so you think there was anything calling for the death of a huge Displacer Beast? I say take the head in case there is a bounty. I am also still interested in some dissection work. Is the creature's organs similar to humans? Is it in similar areas? Is there anything that is poisonous/corrosive to the creature that may not effect humans?

So, you said that you needed a new place to stay? Maybe you could stay in Dawnsprings. Or, if you'd be alright with it, you could stay with us. We live in kind of a remote area and we have plenty of room.
>>
No. 887995 ID: 91ee5f

>>887982
>>887984
Yes, my idea worked! Now we have a new way to use the barrier if we ever need to do this again!

So, now that the immediate danger of this Displacer Beast is gone, let’s help this guy pack up his tent and we can all climb down the mountain to where we left our Skipper, then ride over to where the man’s truck is, load the Skipper into the back of the truck, and ride off back to Dawnsprings!
>>
No. 887999 ID: 8a947d
File 152834373136.png - (181.24KB , 1212x826 , Displaced (end).png )
887999

>How far away can we put the barrier?
When you trapped the beast it was maybe about 7 or 8 feet away. So a pretty short range. Vol's doesn't have any sort of real range to it but you assume his can do that too.

You want to take the body with you for further inspection but the thing is heavy. With some help, you can probably drag it but you don't think your skipper can carry it. While you think the man behind you starts to talk.

???: Goddamn, now I know I gotta get the hell out of here...jeez, where am I gonna go now?
YOU: Well you can always stay at Dawnsprings.
???: Nah, too crowded.
YOU: Oh! If you're worried about crowded you can hide out at my house if you don't mind.
VOL/???: Really!?
YOU: Sure! It's in a pretty secluded area and the odds of anything bad happening around it is low.

Vol grabs your arm and leads you away to talk to you.

VOL: Roland! Ya really gonna just invite anyone back to our house? We don't even know what he's hidin' for and we're just gonna let him squat at the one place we're for sure safe?
>>
No. 888016 ID: d3602f

>>887999
The guy just saved our life, we couldn't have taken on those things alone, so I wouldn't really mind. But if you are really against the idea... Vol, you and dad have definitely salvaged places before. Would you know any bunkers that he could stay in for a while? If not, I'm afraid he'll have to stay with us.

And just cut the head off and take a few slices of skin, that should be light enough to carry around. Even if there is no bounty, I think some rich guy could be interested in the idea of stuffing and mounting it.
>>
No. 888023 ID: dbf422

I might have misunderstood but doesn't this guy have a truck? He could help haul the whole beast. Especially if you're willing to let him room with you.
>>
No. 888030 ID: 91ee5f

>>887999
Vol, when he saw these Displacer Beasts, instead of running away, the first thing he did was come find us and warn us.

The first Displacer Beast down there would’ve caught us off guard and killed us if it wasn’t for him.

I’m pretty sure we can trust him.

>>888016
>bunkers
Considering how these last two bunkers we’ve been to have had demons in them, I don’t think sending him towards a bunker would be a good idea. The one we send him to might have demons in it!

>corpse
I’m not entirely sure we should be hauling that things body with us.

These Displacer Beasts showed up because they wanted to eat Mandrakes, just think of how much bigger the predator will be when it comes looking for a Displacer Beast corpse for food!
>>
No. 888032 ID: 91ee5f

>>888030
Oh, yeah, now that we’ve got a moment, let’s introduce ourselves to our new friend.
>>
No. 888038 ID: d3602f

>>888030
This one only had mandrakes before those Displacers came, and the previous one had been completely abandoned for who knows how long. Our father probably ran into a few empty ones, and I doubt anything big could get in if he kept the door shut. We could also teach him how to make that camouflage circle just in case.
>>
No. 888041 ID: 91ee5f

>>888038
>Our father probably ran into a few empty ones
But how long ago was that? Those bunkers might not be empty anymore!

>and I doubt anything big could get in if he kept the door shut.
Never underestimate demons. There’s no telling what kind of powers they could have to not only open the door, but just rip it completely out of the doorframe!

Hell, they could probably just phase through the door, like it’s not even there!
>>
No. 888042 ID: d3602f

>>888041
We've only started work recently, he had to get money somehow before that. We could go to the place that he scavenged from most recently.

And is our wooden house standing in plain view really any better than a metal vault hidden underground?
>>
No. 888043 ID: 91ee5f

>>888042
>And is our wooden house standing in plain view really any better than a metal vault hidden underground?
Considering how many years that house has been standing, yes, it is better.
>>
No. 888044 ID: d3602f

>>888043
Our father was a demon hunter, and he is no longer around to protect it. We stayed away for less than a day, and smile worms showed up right at our door.

Troy could probably handle a few lacerflies long before they could start a colony, and the I have a feeling that if anything killed anyone in this bunker is wasn't a mandrake, but some crazy lady who decided to pain the wall with her blood. Neither are a problem that Troy has to worry about.
>>
No. 888046 ID: 575ec0

>>887999
What can I say?
I owe him one.
Come to think of it, you saved my ass too.
You were great out there, Vol.
>>
No. 888054 ID: dbf422

>>888044
No, the reason the house was found out was because the magic that hid it wore out. We managed to fix it just fine on our own and if it happens again we'll just fix it again.
>>
No. 888066 ID: d3602f

>>888054
And we can't teach him the spell?
>>
No. 888069 ID: 91ee5f

>>888066
Vol taught Roland, I see no reason why Vol can’t teach the new guy.
>>
No. 888121 ID: eeb7d9

Although Vol does make sense, having a "friend" to lend us a hand from time to time is a good advantage. Besides, is not like we a are to just let him in for free. He has to help to maintain the three of us somehow too. He did came to warn us about the beasts, so i think he deserves a chance.
>>
No. 888142 ID: 3e8a21

>>887999
yep also make sure to tell him that our house is definitely not a creepy slave shack.
>>
No. 888154 ID: 8a947d
File 152841722529.png - (219.84KB , 1212x826 , Troy.png )
888154

YOU: The guy saved us! I owe him don't you think? I'd be happy to drop him off in a bunker or something if you know about one.
VOL: Yeah sure! dat lacerfly bunker from yesterday oughta be a great place for him!
YOU: A SAFE bunker for him.
VOL: Ah...then no...fine, but da second he gets us in trouble I ain't gonna just let it slide!

>>888066
VOL: Even if I was willin' ta I couldn't. Dat mark on your hand is a small opening into the Aether that gives you your "barrier", one dat uses my body as an energy source to keep open. making more than one could be REALLY bad for me.

You walk back over to the man and tell him you're willing to allow him to hide at your home.

???: Y'know if It'd be a hassle to have me then I'm perfectly fine with goin' somewhere else.
YOU: Oh it's fine! Though if you do stay I'd probably ask you to help me in one way or another if I needed it, and I do plan on working with demons in the near future.
???: Yeah but you seem like you know what you're doing, besides it's better than hidin' up here where there's a larger chance I'd be attacked with a small chance of anyone comin' to help me.
YOU: Great, my names Roland.
TROY: Troy's the name. Now let's get outta here. I'm sick a bein' up here in the mountains.
>>
No. 888156 ID: 8a947d
File 152841813441.png - (101.55KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Truck.png )
888156

The three of you descend the mountain. Troy packs up his tent and supplies and throws the bunch into a sheet of metal nearby. He helps you drag the dead displacer beast's body into the metal and onto his truck. You do the same with the skipper and tie it down to the bed of his truck and drive away from the mountains.

TROY: Now I don't want you worryin' about me eatin' up food or wastin' water. I don't plan to mooch off of ya while I stay.
TROY: So, does that whole demon hunting thing make a lot of money? I'd certainly hope so for the amount of danger you put yourself in...oh! where we goin'?
>>
No. 888157 ID: d3602f

>>888154
I meant the camouflage on our house, we didn't need the mark to make that. Since he's staying with us though, I guess there isn't much point.

>>888156
Dawnsprings, we need to get this mandrake back to our employer for a deck. Which, considering our ammo costs 20 cards a shot, we actually lost money. To be fair, 52 cards for just a little mandrake seemed pretty reasonable. Personally, I'm hoping we can get some more money by selling this things head to a taxidermist while keeping the rest for research. I'd bet some rich person with more money than sense would be quite happy with that freakish thing hanging over a mantle.

For things that we can buy, I think we should get a cage with silver lining so that we can interact with phaseworms without them escaping. Vol, are those binding papers one use, or can we reuse them after removing the demon inside of them?
>>
No. 888158 ID: 91ee5f

>>888154
>Even if I was willin' ta I couldn't.
What about the blood markings on the house? We can at least show Troy how that works, right?

>>888156
>So, does that whole demon hunting thing make a lot of money? I'd certainly hope so for the amount of danger you put yourself in...
Explain to Troy about how technically you and Vol aren’t Demon Hunters and tell him about what you’re trying to do with studying demons.

It should go without saying that as you’re saying all of this stuff to Troy, you should also be writing down everything you’ve observed about the Displacer Beasts in your journal.

>oh! where we goin'?
Tell him we’re heading for Dawnsprings. The doctor we took this job from said he’d pay us a full deck for bringing in a living Mandrake.
>>
No. 888159 ID: ff0134

I’m getting a full deck for this but i do scavenging on the side to make up the difference. Also we’re going to town so i can get paid.
>>
No. 888161 ID: 91ee5f

>>888157
I think each of the cards have different values depending on the number and the suit.

So we might’ve actually made more than enough money to replace what we lost! .....except for the silver slugs, I’m pretty sure those are expensive!
>>
No. 888163 ID: eeb7d9

Well, i'm not a demon hunter actually, i want to be a demontologist. But some demons are more agresive, and i have no option but to defend myself. Not all of them are like Vol here. But i guess hunting some of them might be useful to study them. That is why we came to the montain to begin with. To recover a mandrake and give it to a guy that wants to study it for its posible medicinal properties.
>>
No. 888165 ID: e5c658

Diabolist might be the correct title, here.
>>
No. 888166 ID: 91ee5f

>>888165
I think Roland already said the correct term is “Demonologist”.
>>
No. 888167 ID: b692f9

I’m more intresred in studying them but I do occasionally have to hunt ones who hurt people. It’s what my dad did for a living however and it built us the home I have now.
>>
No. 888170 ID: e5c658

>>888166
There's actually couple of titles we could use.

>Diabolist
A person who creates pacts with devils
>Demonologist
A person who studies demons or evil spirits
>Occultist
A person who studies the supernatural

Demonologist probably fits us best, but I personally like the sound of Diabolist.
>>
No. 888177 ID: 575ec0

Potentially, sure. But I'm still rather new at it to be honest. It's one of those things that you gotta start small at.

In any case, it's not something you really do for the money. It's more of a passion thing.

Take a left up here, my place is a little ways out of town. I gotta go deliver this Mandrake, but I can take the skipper from the house if you wanna lay low.
>>
No. 888182 ID: dbf422

We do demon hunt but our actual work is demonology, or studying and recording information on demons, with the plan of making sure as many people as possible know what I know. It's unlikely to make us wealthy, though if we're careful we'll be comfortable. We weren't careful this time.

We need to get to Dawnsprings.
>>
No. 888208 ID: 8a947d
File 152843781921.png - (309.01KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Truck 2.png )
888208

YOU: We're headed to Dawnsprings and like I've said before I'm not actually a-
TROY: Not actually a demon hunter right right you're an occultist.
YOU: Well Demonologist but...I don't think there's much of a difference really. Hell I doubt I'll only focus on studying demons if I find something else interesting so I think maybe occultist fits more?
TROY: I think Diabloist also fits, I forget exactly what it means but it sounds like it'd fit, then again I could be wrong.
YOU: Anyway, this job offered a full deck for grabbing one of those mandrakes.
TROY: 580 Card!? Well, shit that definitely sounds like its worth it! You could probably get some new parts for that skipper back there with that much!
YOU: Well the money is nice but it's less about getting paid and more about trying to compile a large enough source of knowledge of demons for others to use. Sometimes demons try to kill you but that's part of the risk.
TROY: Hmmm...How far you are ya into this mission?
YOU: This is like...my first day.
TROY: Your first day and you almost died!? Jeez and I know that's good money but are ya sure ya wanna keep doin' this?
>>
No. 888210 ID: b1b4f3

Tell him to be honest you might want to take on some safer work until you get some better protection. Can't keep fighting demons that outclass you so thoroughly.
>>
No. 888212 ID: 91ee5f

>>888208
>Jeez and I know that's good money but are ya sure ya wanna keep doin' this?
*facepalm*
“Jeez, Troy, not you too! Why does everyone keep asking me if I’m sure I want to keep doing this?! The answer is still yes and it ain’t changing anytime soon!”
>>
No. 888213 ID: d3602f

>>888208
We'll get better equipment with this money. If we knew that we'd run into something so huge, we probably would have gotten something a bit more explosive. Maybe we should stop by at Ada's for a couple of pop rockets and some more regular ammo after we get paid.
>>
No. 888215 ID: dbf422

Well, considering I thought a full deck was 52 cards, and I still did the job, for 580 I'm sure as hell not quitting yet.
>>
No. 888216 ID: e5c658

>>888208
I wasn't expecting a pack of displacer beasts to follow me up a mountain.
>>
No. 888217 ID: 91ee5f

>>888215
It is 52 cards. The cards have different values, so when added up, a full deck of 52 cards is worth 580 in spending money.
>>
No. 888219 ID: 6ec2af

The initial idea was to try and avoid in the more dangerous stuff.
>>
No. 888221 ID: 3583d1

Ironically the idea was to start out easy and eventually get better with time. I certainly didn’t intend to pick the hard one right off the bat, but here I am.
>>
No. 888222 ID: 575ec0

Hmm. You did capture a displacer beast. You could potentially heal it and use it as a mount. Who needs the skipper anyway?
Also, you can't really see yourself doing anything else.
>>
No. 888225 ID: ff0134

This is a terrible idea and i’m probably going to die alone and afraid, but on the plus side; if i don’t die, then people will be a lot safer with the knowledge of how to handle certain demons, i’ll be filthy rich and possibly famous too.
You’re talking to a maybe future celebrity right now!
>>
No. 888227 ID: dbf422

>>888217
That's really useful information that I had definitely missed, but my point still stands. For me personally. Thanks, though.
>>
No. 888249 ID: eeb7d9

I just went there for the mandrake, last thing i know, you came along telling me that there is a huge demon thing coming to us. Last time i went exploring, the same thing happens. I almost got myself blown up in a voult just to get rid off some demonic flying bugs. Is like i am cursed or something...
>>
No. 888277 ID: 8a947d
File 152849726082.png - (175.15KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Truck 3.png )
888277

YOU: Well to be fair the job didn't specify dealing with displacer beasts. That I'll chalk up to bad luck. We both know that demons can pop up anywhere.
TROY: Yeah that is true.
YOU: Besides, If I do make this work what I'm doing can help everyone that has no knowledge of demons. People are going to know that Roland Gallows Conroy is the expert on demons! Speaking of which...

You write a journal entry and record the date and time you saw these demons. You'll add more to it when you get more time to study the displacer beast cadaver and possibly the mandrake with the information from Dr. Mordecai.

TROY:...Your middle name is "Gallows"?
YOU: It was my dad's too, Apparently our family's been passing the name down to their first born kid for years. Weird tradition.

Troy pulls up into the gates of Dawnsprings.
>>
No. 888279 ID: 8a947d
File 152849826011.png - (124.81KB , 1212x826 , Mandrake 2.png )
888279

You return to Dr. Mordecai's clinic. Troy waits in his truck while you finish,

MORDECAI: Welcome back! Glad to see you're still in one piece. Did you manage to find any Mandrake?

You unfurl the binding scroll holding the mandrake and release it onto the counter of the clinic. Mordecai jumps a little startled but calms down when he see's the mandrake is docile.

MORDECAI: What a convenient way of holding demons! Anyway, I'd better get started on experimenting...

Mordecai takes a pair of tweezers from under his desk and plucks a leaf off the mandrake's head. Afterward, he leaves to the back of the shop for a few seconds before coming back with a stack of cards rubberbanded together. You count the amount, the stack is worth exactly 580 bringing you to 603.

MORDECAI: If you'd like I can share any findings I discover with you later, but for now I need to see what I can do with this.

You exit his clinic. Troy is sitting in his truck, his hat covering his eyes and his face as hidden as possible.

TROY: This is a pretty nice town. You ready to leave? Or you got more things to do?
>>
No. 888282 ID: dbf422

>>888279
We can always stock up when we're ready for our next job. Or next time we want to check on Ada and the plant. Let's go.
>>
No. 888283 ID: d3602f

>>888277
You couldn't be implying... no, it's unlikely.

>>888279
Gotta buy a couple of explosive shots from a store, and maybe a cage with silver lining to interact with captured demons. Docile doesn't mean they won't try to escape.
>>
No. 888284 ID: b1b4f3

Containment for captured demons is a good idea. Though it's going to be a pain in the ass to examine a displacer beast since it's likely to throw its projection all over the place. Might even occasionally fake an escape.
We also need better scrolls, to capture stronger demons.

At some point we need to upgrade the house to make an area big enough to hold a bunch of demons. Also, some sort of additional security layer so that if there's a containment breach we can keep the demons from running amok.

We could just leave the displacer beast in the scroll for now, and focus on buying equipment that will help us stay alive. Like some kind of armor?
>>
No. 888285 ID: 91ee5f

>>888279
>mandrake
When it’s in that pose, it makes me think that it’s trying to be sexy.

>You ready to leave? Or you got more things to do?
We can swing by Ada’s shop to let her know that we’re still alive and to see if she’s got any more of those Silver Slugs. We can also check and see if she wants our destroyed Scrap Shotgun or we can keep it for ourselves to try and use it as spare parts for something.

After that, we should go stock up on supplies needed to make more Binding Scrolls.

Speaking of which, what are we gonna do with the Displacer Beast we caught?
>>
No. 888287 ID: eeb7d9

I would also like to see if there is any progress with that plant we found. The rate of growth has me both intrigued and worried.
>>
No. 888293 ID: 8a947d
File 152850473227.png - (196.44KB , 1212x826 , Ada.png )
888293

>Ada and the Plant

You tell Troy to wait for a little bit longer as you run to Lila Palast. You're curious about the plant.

Inside, Ada is sitting behind the counter enjoying a drink.

ADA: Roland! Alvays good to see you alive.
YOU: Yeah, those Silver Slugs saved my ass. I'm pretty sure I'd be dead without them. How's that plant doing, it hasn't grown any bigger has it?
ADA: No, but it iz doing somzhing a little more...unexpected...
>>
No. 888294 ID: 8a947d
File 152850487261.png - (99.88KB , 1212x826 , Ada 2.png )
888294

Ada goes to the back of the shop and when she comes back she's holding a small vial of odd liquid.

ADA: It started leaking sap. Not a lot but I made sure to collect some, I do not know if it iz important or odd in anyway. Azide from zhis nozhing much else haz happened vhith it.
>>
No. 888297 ID: b692f9

Hmm can’t help but wonder what the effects of making syrup out of that would be
>>
No. 888298 ID: bb4e90

>>888294
Dr. Mordecai might be interested in this. He probably has equipment to figure out what it can do.
>>
No. 888305 ID: ad51b8

ask if she has any way to find out if it does anything weird. Like a lab or something to safely test it. If not ask if she knows someone that does and we might be able to see if we can do anything with the sap. Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and the sap can be made into something useful or sold at price.
>>
No. 888306 ID: 91ee5f

>>888294
That’s.....odd. I’d advise against drinking it, there’s no telling what it’ll do!

While we’re here, let’s check the price on those Silver Slugs to see if we can buy anymore. And we might as well look and see what else she’s got in stock.
>>
No. 888308 ID: d3602f

>>888294
Definitely curious.

Anyway, We'd like to buy around 4 silver bullets. And by any chance would you have a cage that can hold a Displacer beast, and something that could hold smaller demons? Preferably something that can prevent phaseworms from escaping.
>>
No. 888312 ID: b1b4f3

>>888294
Maybe we can take it to an alchemist to get it analyzed.
>>
No. 888313 ID: 91ee5f

>>888312
Yeah, that could work!

.....uh, do we know where one is?
>>
No. 888314 ID: bb4e90

>>888313
Lady
>>
No. 888315 ID: d3602f

>>888314
We in character don't know who that is, and she could be miles away for all we know. I'm not sure voodoo potions will help us here either.
>>
No. 888316 ID: b1b4f3

...wait, what part of the plant did it leak sap from?
>>
No. 888317 ID: eeb7d9

>>888308
Yes-yes.
We should get that sample back to the doc latter.
Let's boy some silver shells.
Anything you need help with, Ada?
>>
No. 888318 ID: 91ee5f

>>888314
She hasn’t been reintroduced in the reboot yet, so she doesn’t count.
>>
No. 888319 ID: d3602f

>>888317
I feel like we should just wait for her to tell us if she needs anything. We'll probably just end up annoying her if we ask her literally ever time we see her.
>>
No. 888320 ID: 91ee5f

>>888319
True.

Let’s not ask and just wait for her to tell us.
>>
No. 888331 ID: 5fa661

We should hold off on asking Dr. Mordecai about the sap for now, he's probably busy with the mandrake and Troy's waiting patiently for us to stop running to and fro.
>>
No. 888334 ID: dbf422

It's sap, it'll wait. We can take it off her hands, and when Dr. Mordecai is done analyzing the mandrake we can ask him for the favor.
Once we have the supplies we want let's get going.
>>
No. 888344 ID: 575ec0

>>888308
That's what the scroll is for. Besides that, it should be a alot more docile. Though we will likely need to heal and train it.

Speaking of which, we should probably pick up more materials to make more binding scrolls. Also some more food to feed our new mount Displacer beast.
>>
No. 888345 ID: d3602f

>>888344
Again, it can still escape while we're trying to interact with it, which we cannot do while it's in the parchment. Just because it won't attack us doesn't mean it will like us enough to want to stay, or that it will listen to us. It's also very hard to keep track of some of these things, or do you think we would notice something like a few lacerflies in a colony went missing and tried to start a new colony? What if we capture a demon that regularly eats smaller demons? That Displacer Beast was pretty calm while eating those mandrakes, who's to say it wouldn't eat some of our other catches?

I also feel like reminding you that the one we caught is also missing a leg, so unless we can fix that no mount I'm afraid. But, if we get the choice in a prosthetic, I want it to have knife claws, or something similar. If we aren't going to run into knife legged, we're going to make them.
>>
No. 888348 ID: 91ee5f

>>888344
Roland explains here: >>887362 , “binding parchments don't make the demon completely subservient to you but it makes them much more docile and prone to suggestion, more temperamental demons may outright ignore what you tell them but the odds of them attacking without being provoked is low.”

We don’t know the Displacer Beast’s temperament, so there’s a chance that it’ll ignore what we tell it to do. But on the plus side, it won’t attack us as long as we don’t provoke it.
>>
No. 888408 ID: 8a947d
File 152859831586.png - (192.73KB , 1212x826 , Ada 3.png )
888408

>That’s.....odd. I’d advise against drinking it, there’s no telling what it’ll do!
Ada takes a sip from her mug.

ADA: Oh that is terrible! zhat iz all I have been doing all day!
YOU:...R-really?
ADA: Hehe no no of course not...zhis is Apfelwein. Why would I ever drink I mysterious sap leaking from an odd valking plant I found in a basement full of demons?

>What part of the plant did it leak sap from?
ADA: It just started leaking from ze "trunk". I have yet to do any experiments. Sorry, I know I told you zhat I was prepared to research it but zhat vas before it grew bigger and sprouted legs.

You take the sap from Ada, hopefully you can find some use for it or someplace to get a better look at it. Doctor Mordecai might be the right place to go but he is still occupied with researching the mandrake.

>Demon containment equipment
Ada does not keep cages made of silver. Binding Parchments require animal hide tanned into parchment and a certain pattern of sigils and markings to be written on it in blood to work. Ada does not stock animal hide.

>Ammunition
Ada gave you those first four silver slugs out of kindness, but she is running a business and silver is hard to come by. A Silver Slug costs 70C
>>
No. 888411 ID: d3602f

>>888408
I guess a regular cage should be enough for a Displacer, the silver was more for phaseworms. Buy those bullets and ask if she knows anywhere that we could get animal hides.
>>
No. 888413 ID: b1b4f3

Buy four bullets.
>>
No. 888418 ID: eeb7d9

>>888413
This.
Also ask her what has she been doing, her hair has some stains of something.
>>
No. 888426 ID: dbf422

Get two regular shells and two silver shells. Also ask if she has any research tools. Anything from tongue depressors to scalpels to magnifying glasses would be a step up from what you currently have.
>>
No. 888428 ID: dbf422

>>888418
I think she's been drawn with shading.
>>
No. 888431 ID: 3fe84f

Gift her Herby! At least a non-sentient plant is a good gift if you think about it, she was been so kind that this is at least something we can do.
>>
No. 888432 ID: 5fa661

>>888431

Isn't it kinda horribly wilted? Might send the wrong message...
>>
No. 888433 ID: 3fe84f

>>888432
I mean, it's better than nothing, she can use the pot for other plants and it's the most regular and gentle item we have now, a well and good loved plant.
>>
No. 888436 ID: 91ee5f

>>888432
I’ve gotta agree with you there, a horribly wilted plant might send the wrong message to Ada.
>>
No. 888440 ID: dbf422

>>888430
Those were a few suggestions. Ada probably has something useful, even if it's not to the quality a doctor might have.

>>888431
Let's stop trying to push plants onto Ada, she's busy enough with her business and the plant we already gave her. Also the weird message thing.
>>
No. 888467 ID: eeb7d9

>>888431
This gave me an idea. Maybe the abnormal plant can react to other plants. We should try and put them together, see what happens.
>>
No. 888470 ID: 575ec0

>>888431
I think we should keep herby and you know. Water him.

Also, I would like to throw in a vote for "Let's not try to impress imposter Ada."
>>
No. 888471 ID: 91ee5f

>>888408
>Why would I ever drink I mysterious sap leaking from an odd valking plant I found in a basement full of demons?
“Technically I found it, but yeah, I see your point.”

“So, how was your day? You must be very pretty all day! .....! I mean busy! You must be very busy all day!”

>>888426
>Get two regular shells and two silver shells.
This.

>Anything from tongue depressors to scalpels to magnifying glasses would be a step up from what you currently have.
All of that sound like it would be used by a doctor. Too bad the only one we know of is currently busy studying a Mandrake.
>>
No. 888592 ID: 8a947d
File 152875736451.png - (195.65KB , 1212x826 , Ada 4.png )
888592

You purchase two standard shells and two silver shells for 180C. Leaving you with 423C left.

>>888418
She's got nothing in her hair aside from a few webs.

>Ask if she knows anywhere that we could get animal hides.
Ada: Zhere is a tanner in town not far from here. If you bring her animal hide she works it at a discount asvell.

>Herby
You gave Ada the other plant because it was an odd specimen that could've potentially been useful or interesting. Herby is just a dead plant, you doubt Ada would be interested in it. You ask Ada to place Herby beside the mutant plant, it seems uninterested and pays it no mind. You should have enough things for plants at home to help Herby get in shape.

>Research tools
Ada props an old microscope onto the table along with a few beakers and petri dishes. All of which is unbroken or cracked, she wants 20C for the set. She has more but those are hers.
>>
No. 888597 ID: eeb7d9

>old microscope with a few beakers and petri dishes

Do you know how to properly use this things?
If you do, purchase them. It will be useful.
>>
No. 888598 ID: dbf422

Looks like we should go hunting soon. Might want to get more hunting appropriate weapons first. Shotguns are not a good choice for that.

And yes, get the research equipment! It'll be a good start to our new career.
>>
No. 888600 ID: 3fe84f

Yeah, let's buy that for now and get back at ol' and good home.
>>
No. 888601 ID: 91ee5f

>>888592
>animal hides
Let’s look around at the house first.

Our father left a shitload of blood lying around for the magic symbols on the house, so I’m pretty sure he also has a few animal hides somewhere for making more Binding Scrolls.

>Research tools
Might as well buy those.

There isn’t really anything else we can buy, so let’s get going. We’ve kept Troy waiting long enough.
>>
No. 888602 ID: eeb7d9

>Our father left a shitload of blood lying around for the magic symbols on the house, so I’m pretty sure he also has a few animal hides somewhere for making more Binding Scrolls.
Or he could have sold those too already, the hides i mean. But is worth the search.
>>
No. 888615 ID: 575ec0

Pfft 20 c for a freaking microscope is a steal.
>>
No. 888617 ID: 4ecc08

>>888615
The price of a microscope depends on its maximum magnification. A 1000x microscope is usually around $50, while a 2500x microscope can cost almost $1000.
>>
No. 888618 ID: 91ee5f

>>888615
It’s not just a microscope, it’s also a set of a few beakers and petri dishes and none of it is broken or cracked. The 20C is for all of that.

>>888617
Could you convert that into C, since we’re not using $?
>>
No. 888619 ID: 8a947d
File 152877662123.png - (204.20KB , 1212x826 , Ada 5.png )
888619

You decide to buy the equipment. You have 403C left.

Ada uncorks a bottle of what you assume to be apfelwein and pours herself a glass.

YOU: So...What exactly is apfelwein?
ADA: It is vine made from apples. We do not grow any in Dawnsprings so my brozher sends me some.
YOU: Your brother in Solitude?
ADA: No, My ozher brozher in Havok. He runs a brewery there. Want to try some?

You take a sip of the drink. It's really tart, but not bad. You must've made a face when you drank it you hear Ada giggling at your reaction.

ADA: It is a bit of an acquired taste. Well, do you want to buy anyzhing else or vill zhat be all?
>>
No. 888620 ID: 4ecc08

>>888619
Parts for the flamethrower in the discussion thread?
>>
No. 888623 ID: 4ecc08

>>888618
I'd estimate one card to be worth somewhere between two and four dollars. The value of finished goods has probably dropped, though.
>>
No. 888624 ID: d3602f

>>888619
Do you have any regular cages? If not, I think we should use some of our cards to upgrade the Skipper.
>>
No. 888626 ID: 91ee5f

>>888619
>You must've made a face when you drank it you hear Ada giggling at your reaction.
But...but...you’re wearing bandages over your face! How did she notice?!

>Well, do you want to buy anyzhing else or vill zhat be all?
Let’s get that Skipper upgrade, now that we can afford it! Give Ada 200C for the parts!
>>
No. 888635 ID: dbf422

>>888626
These are tight bandages. Form-fitting.

And sure, the skipper upgrade sounds good. We'll still have plenty of money for supplies if we need them later, too.
>>
No. 888641 ID: 8a947d
File 152878862009.png - (208.91KB , 1212x826 , Ada 6.png )
888641

>Parts for a flamethrower
You walk around the shop to see if you can find any parts you can use to make a flamethrower within your price range. You do see a few bits you can use, and you remember the broken gun you have, maybe that can come in handy too. All around they all cost 90C including fuel.

>Upgrade the Skipper
ADA: I saw you vere looking at the modifications for a Steel Steed Model-30. Lucky for you Elias, zhe brozher in Solitude, sent me over some more parts of machines and a few of zhem are compatible with models such as zhis one! Personally, I vould save cards to buy a newer vehicle but I understand vanting to keep an older one in shape. Zhese parts are a bit old but zhey are affordable!

Ada gives you a list of Skipper upgrades.

Reinforced Leg Mobility (200C): Lets the Skipper run faster, gives it the ability to jump and survive large falls. Only works if it has it's standard leg attachments.

Extra Grip Treads (200C): Sorta makes the Skipper less of a skipper. Installs a durable tread with strong traction onto the Skipper replacing the legs. Helps the Skipper move up steeper surfaces without issue.

Hookshots (100C): Adds a set of small grappling hooks that can be fired out of the front of the Skipper. These can puncture most things and can be used to keep hold when climbing or to grab hold of something you're chasing after.

Reinforced Chasis (200C): The body of your Skipper is pretty light right now making it easy to damage. A reinforced chasis will help protect its more vunerable parts.

Auto-Pilot (50C): Lets the Skipper drive itself. It can't make any complicated manuvers though, it will do its best to avoid danger.
>>
No. 888642 ID: 5fa661

Hold off on skipper parts for now. We play our cards right, we might have the use of Troy's truck and that's a much more viable option for upgrades.
>>
No. 888644 ID: 575ec0

Yeah hold off for now on the skipper parts.
I still wanna see if the Displacer Beast can be ridden.

Flame Thrower parts though?
Now were talking.
>>
No. 888645 ID: dbf422

Get the reinforced leg mobility. As nice as the truck is, it can't handle the kind of terrain the skipper can.
>>
No. 888659 ID: 91ee5f

>>888641
>Personally, I vould save cards to buy a newer vehicle but I understand vanting to keep an older one in shape.
“Well, I’m kinda attached to my Skipper. I found it and restored it on my own, so after all that hard work, I don’t really want to trade it in for something else.”

Buy the Reinforced Leg Mobility (200C)

>>888644
>I still wanna see if the Displacer Beast can be ridden.
Not with a missing front leg!

Also, us riding on it might mess with its ability to make illusions of itself for sneak attacks.
>>
No. 888663 ID: 69d4b9

I want Auto-Pilot (50C) because that's both cool and potentially very useful
>>
No. 888664 ID: 575ec0

>>888659
>Not with a missing front leg!
We got a healer.

>Also, us riding on it might mess with its ability to make illusions of itself for sneak attacks.

We could... you know... Dismount?
>>
No. 888665 ID: d3602f

>>888664
I'm not sure he can heal an entire missing limb. We'll also need to heal it fast, assuming the "can't heal day old wounds" rule is in play.
>>
No. 888668 ID: 3fe84f

>>888664
I'm not sure if it is happy with us after we removed one of it limbs, so I suggest buying the Auto-Pilot.
>>
No. 888672 ID: 91ee5f

>>888664
I doubt it would listen to us anyways, considering that we’ve got its mother’s or father’s dead body in the back of Troy’s truck.

If it sees that, that may count as provoking it, which will make it attack us, even though we put it in a Binding Scroll.
>>
No. 888687 ID: 8a947d
File 152884639754.png - (207.11KB , 1212x826 , Ada 7.png )
888687

>Riding the Displacer Beast
That might take some time seeing as the thing could be wary of you, You'd need to do your best to gain any trust you can from it. Vol's healing can't completely fix severed limbs but you're sure it will help with the pain. A creature with six legs can probably still function missing one paw, though you're not sure if it's faster than your Skipper.

You grab both the Auto-Pilot Module and the Reinforced Leg Mobility parts which together cost 250C which would leave you at 153C.

ADA: I can install zhose parts for you for an extra fee if you wish.
YOU: No thank you, from the look of it I can install these on my own. I've been tinkering with my Skipper for a while now.
ADA: Oh! You are trained with taking care of machines huh?
YOU: Well...Just a little, I'm no expert
ADA: Interesting...Vell, Is zhat all you vill be needing today Roland?
>>
No. 888693 ID: 3fe84f

>>888687
Yeah, that's all, wish for a good day to her and let's get back to the truck!
>>
No. 888695 ID: eeb7d9

>>888687
That will be all for today.
Thank you, see you later!
What do we do now?
>>
No. 888696 ID: 4ecc08

>>888687
Did we buy the flamethrower parts and fuel? If not, then get those as well.
>>
No. 888699 ID: dbf422

>>888687
Yes, thanks Ada! You're the best.

Let's scoot.
>>
No. 888701 ID: d3602f

>>888696
I think we'll get flamethrowers if we do the lacerfly quest. The sign did say that they would give us equipment. Not sure if we get to keep it, but I feel like it would save money if we waited first.
>>
No. 888705 ID: 8a947d
File 152885302393.png - (200.56KB , 1212x826 , Crowd.png )
888705

>>888701
There's no guarantee that jobs still on the board. Even if it is, you doubt they'd let you keep anything they gave you.

You buy the flamethrower parts for 90C leaving you at 63C. With that, you say goodbye to Ada and head back to Troy's truck. On the way, you see a crowd of people gathering in the center of a plaza. There seems to be a large commotion over something.

Do you want to stop to see what it is?
>>
No. 888706 ID: b1b4f3

Well obviously yes.
>>
No. 888707 ID: 273c30

Might as well
>>
No. 888710 ID: d3602f

>>888705
Why not?
>>
No. 888712 ID: 91ee5f

>>888705
Let’s at least signal to Troy that you’re gonna check that out. He might want to have a look also!
>>
No. 888714 ID: 575ec0

Check it out
>>
No. 888725 ID: dbf422

>>888712
Also we've been gone probably longer than he expected already. At least wave him over once he's in eyesight.
>>
No. 888726 ID: 91ee5f

>>888725
Agreed
>>
No. 888730 ID: 8a947d
File 152887247773.png - (195.49KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play.png )
888730

You approach the crowd and find a good spot to see what everyone's clamoring over. The crowd of women and children surround a small wooden stage carried around by a moped. Somebody walks behind the stage, but you don't get a chance to see their face. From behind the curtain of the stage, you can hear loud clacking, like wooden blocks being smacked together. The crowd goes quiet and the man behind the stage begins to speak...

Narrator: Before the world ended, and the birth of a second sun gave way to destruction. In a far-off nation, warriors roamed a war-torn land, but even back then, before the end, dangers and otherworldly threats stalked in the shadows. At no point in time have we seen peace, but we have survived through every challenge that's emerged from the earth or from the stars.

Narrator: This is the story of a man who at the price of his humanity, became a tool for justice and the protection of the innocent. A lone samurai roaming dangerous lands to rid them of malevolence...
>>
No. 888731 ID: 8a947d
File 152887278286.png - (144.66KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 1.png )
888731

A paper card on the end of a stick pops out from underneath the curtain a small figure drawn on the front.

NARRATOR: Issei! The man that can smell the evil nature in human hearts and hunts down those that deserve death!

The crowd gives a cheer at the sight of the small paper figure. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Troy out of his truck when he see's you he motions impatiently almost like he's aking you "What's the holdup?".
>>
No. 888732 ID: 4ecc08

>>888731
Wave Troy over. It's storytime.
>>
No. 888733 ID: 05ff2f

>>888732
Dude, Troy is trying to keep a low profile 'cause he's got people after him who want to kill him. He's not gonna trot out of hiding for a puppet show. Frankly, Roland shouldn't stick around for more than a few minutes either. Troy has already waited around long enough and the longer he's here, the higher the odds someone will remember him and word will get to those who are after his life.
>>
No. 888735 ID: 4ecc08

>>888733
Standing by a truck and waving instead of joining a crowd is much more conspicuous. I don't feel like skipping exposition because of a few people's unfounded paranoia.
>>
No. 888736 ID: dbf422

I think we can miss enough of this to let him know what's happening. And then immediately head back and watch the show.
>>
No. 888747 ID: eeb7d9

Stay for a few minutes, then go back with Troy.
This sounds interesting.
>>
No. 888764 ID: d3602f

>>888731
It seems my assumption was right. I wonder how he's going to react to meeting his old friend's lookalikes. Did Troy manage to convince him to eat anything other than strawberries?
>>
No. 888774 ID: 91ee5f

>>888731
Hey, Roland, is this a story your parents used to read to you as a kid? Or have you ever heard this story before? Because if you have, then let’s go back to Troy and you can just remind yourself (us) of the story on the way back to your house.
>>
No. 888776 ID: 8a947d
File 152893350664.png - (218.21KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 2.png )
888776

>>888774
This is the first you're hearing of this story.

You quickly rush towards Troy and explain what's happening in the crowd. He doesn't seem very excited about the paper doll show and decides to wait in the truck instead. He tell's you not to make any more detours after this, however, being outside is making him nervous. You nod and continue with the show, you missed a little bit but not too much of the play.

NARRATOR: A forest of shadows, a path of bones. Issei walks through the underbrush of the dark forest. He follows his nose. A disgusting smell lingers down the path, for most it would be enough to turn them away, but it only drives Issei.
NARRATOR: Issei stops on the path, in front of him a small elderly man waits by a cave.
OLD MAN: Hohoho! Another traveler? My my this little trail is gaining a lot of popularity recently! But you should know...
ISSEI: that a large monster has been attacking travelers recently? We both know why that is.
OLD MAN: Oh? *sniff* I see you are like me! Have you come for a little taste of what this road has to offer? Plenty of rich men and women travel for the beautiful view of the falls down the way. Their fat stomachs make a great meal!
ISSEI:...
OLD MAN: Is there a problem? I assure you I don't mind sharing as long as you help me attack the next palace. Easy pickings! Plenty of plump bellies for eating!
ISSEI:...
OLD MAN: ...Hey!? You in there?

NARRATOR: Issei stays quiet, and draws his blade. Calmly, Slowly.
>>
No. 888777 ID: 8a947d
File 152893355573.png - (387.03KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 4.png )
888777

OLD MAN: W-what!? Why are you pulling a blade on me? Oh, I see...You plan to take this route for yourself even after I so graciously offered to share? No respect for your elders...
NARRATOR: The old man begins to lift himself from the ground, his flesh begins to stretch as his muscles grow and thick fur covers his body. Now the smell is more evident than ever. Issei felt the horrible odor waft under his nose, it made his mouth water, his tongue passing his sharp teeth and licking his scarred lips.
>>
No. 888778 ID: 8a947d
File 152893362712.png - (825.13KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 5.png )
888778

The beast gives Issei no time to think, the second the man sheds his human form he was upon the lone samurai. Issei blocks the flurry of swipes crashing down on him, slowly being pushed back. On the defensive Issei looks for an opening, the beast seems focused on his death despite being quite talkative before. To gain a foothold, Issei would need a way to break its focus.

ISSEI: i have given up my humanity to track and hunt the vile creatures such as yourself. can you even call yourself human any more you beast?
OLD MAN: Humanity is a crutch! Something to be shed to gain further power! Do not act so high and mighty you hypocrite, you're just as bad as me!
>>
No. 888780 ID: 8a947d
File 152893378944.png - (369.37KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 6.png )
888780

In the beast's rage, it leaves itself open. it's a small one but Issei knows to take advantage of every chance given to him. Issei ducks a swipe and rises back up quickly, in a flurry of cuts slices the beast's arm of with his sword! The beast rears back letting out an inhuman howl. This man's soul has become so rotten he has lost any chance of returning to how he was before...
>>
No. 888781 ID: 8a947d
File 152893395271.png - (674.58KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 7.png )
888781

THE BEAST: You pitiful fool! Humans will not see you any differently because of this! You will still be the same horrible monster in their eyes. The second they see a monster show weakness they will cut you down!

The beast swipes at Issei, in a feat of otherworldy speed and agility Issei flips over the monster and manages to land behind him. The monster is too injured to react...
>>
No. 888782 ID: 8a947d
File 152893407042.png - (566.52KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 8.png )
888782

ISSEI: I do not need the notions of ignorant people to keep going in my quest! The ones who see the good I am doing will know. They will hear my name and know the world is safer as I pass by and rid it of scum like you!

Issei leaps at the monster, blade drawn and determination burning in his eyes. This meal will be a delicious one.
>>
No. 888783 ID: 8a947d
File 152893440566.png - (175.29KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 9.png )
888783

NARRATOR: In a single final strike, the beast was slain. His blood falling in a rain of crimson droplets, Issei lifted his head and opened his mouth basking in his victory. Issei looked on at the path ahead of him, from what that old man said the path was used by many wealthy individuals. From Issei's experience, the rich tend to be the most corrupt, the most rotten. Issei walked down the path in search of his next meal.

The Narrator drops the curtain and you hear a small music box play as the play comes to an end. The crowd gives a rousing applause after their long silence enraptured by the story. It was short sure, but the way the man made the paper figurines move and how his voice told such a story you could've sworn you were there in the forest. People walk forward to the stage and leave cards in a hat left on the side of it.
>>
No. 888784 ID: 4ecc08

>>888783
Leave ten card for the performer, then head back to Troy.
>>
No. 888785 ID: d3602f

>>888783
How does giving 10 cards sound? I don't feel like going below 50 cards.
>>
No. 888791 ID: 273c30

Just a small tip, it was a good story
>>
No. 888792 ID: 91ee5f

>>888783
Toss in 10C for the performance, then head back to Troy so that you can guide him to your home.

While Troy’s driving, tell him, “If you’re gonna be staying with us, then you’ve gotta pay a rent of 100C per week. Buuuut, I'm gonna give you the ‘saved my life’ discount and say that your rent is that you’ve gotta help out when I ask for it. Other than that, just don’t steal any of our shit and there won’t be any problems.”

Also tell him what the story was about and say, “It’s too bad that Issei guy isn’t real, he could probably help you with the guy you’re running from.”
>>
No. 888805 ID: eeb7d9

Give a reasonable tip, you should know how much that would be.
>>
No. 888817 ID: 8a947d
File 152894113505.png - (265.70KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 10.png )
888817

10 Cards is definitely a decent amount of money for a good story like this. You walk up to the stage to drop off your cards, as you reach to set them down you get to see the man behind the stage. He's a tall man, he no doubt had to crouch to be completely hidden by the small stage. He see's you too and decides to start a conversation, he speaks in an incredibly monotone voice a complete opposite of the way he narrated the show.

NARRATOR: did you enjoy the show? normally only a few people come to see when i put one on so i recognize when new people come to watch.
>>
No. 888823 ID: 273c30

>>888817
It was excellent sir! You have a talent for story telling! Although I’m afraid I’ve never heard any stories about “Issei” before, its a strange kind of talent of “smelling evil” what kind of a man was he?
>>
No. 888824 ID: b1b4f3

>>888817
Tell him it was really cool, it was almost like you were there in person.
Sayyy... he's wearing clothing rather similar to Issei, did he base the character after himself?
>>
No. 888826 ID: d3602f

>>888817
It was very good! Where did he first hear the story? Or did he make it himself?
>>
No. 888828 ID: 91ee5f

>>888817
>You walk up to the stage to drop off your cards, as you reach to set them down you get to see the man behind the stage.
Since you haven’t set down your cards yet, you might as well hand them directly to this guy.

>He's a tall man, he no doubt had to crouch to be completely hidden by the small stage.
Ask him if he gets any back pain from having to crouch behind that small stage all the time?

>Did you enjoy the show? Normally only a few people come to see when i put one on so i recognize when new people come to watch.
Tell him about how you enjoyed the show.

Also, is Vol here or did he decide to go to Troy’s truck and wait for you there? If he’s here, I’d like to hear what he thought of the show.
>>
No. 888841 ID: 8a947d
File 152894921635.png - (151.72KB , 1212x826 , Paper Play 11.png )
888841

You hand Ichigo the 10 cards for his preformance as you talk to him.

YOU: I thought it was an amazing story. I've never seen a show done in that manner, with the paper cards with the little characters on them! Where did you hear this story from? I've never heard of anyone called Issei.
NARRATOR: it's a story i made myself. there were people called samurais way back when but other than that the character and story are made up.

Vol looks at a paper card with Issei's picture on it.

VOL: Y'know ya sorta look like dis Issei guy on ya cards. Did you base da character 'round ya self? and how'd ya know so much about old world stuff?
NARRATOR: ...maybe just a little. i've...i found some books a while ago on old world cultures and have been using them for inspiration in my story.
YOU: So should I assume you're name is Issei too?
NARRATOR: that would be ridiculous to not only model the character after me but to name him after me too don't you think? people would think i was self absorbed. My name is Ichigo, Chokoreto Ichigo, but Ichigo is just fine.
ICHIGO: i came into town a while ago and this is the best way for me to make money even if it's a little. plus this is pretty fun to do.
>>
No. 888845 ID: 273c30

>>888841
Nice! Where are you from originally. Also I think I remember reading something about an Ichigo in a foreign languages book but doesn’t that mean “strawberry?”
>>
No. 888848 ID: 91ee5f

>>888841
>You hand Ichigo the 10 cards for his preformance as you talk to him.
Hey, how did you know his name before he introduced himself?

>My name is Ichigo, Chokoreto Ichigo, but Ichigo is just fine.
Well, he introduced himself, so you should introduce yourself, with a handshake, and introduce Vol.

Tell him that it was nice to meet him and to see his show, but you’ve gotta get going before your friend drives off without you. And tell him that you hope you get to catch another one of his shows the next time you come into town!

Then we’ve really gotta get going before Troy gets even more annoyed than he already is!
>>
No. 888857 ID: dbf422

Return the greeting and say it was a really fun time but you gotta get going for now. You hope to see him again, though!
>>
No. 888859 ID: 8a947d
File 152896084484.png - (27.38KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Truck 4.png )
888859

YOU: My names Roland, aspiring Demonologist.
ICHIGO: demonologist...like the study of demons? interesting to hear, you wouldn't happen to have any tales of your demon studies would you? i'd be more than happy to hear of anything you've experienced.
YOU: I'd be glad to tell you but...I really need to go. My friends waiting on me and he's getting a bit impatient. See ya Ichigo.

You rush back to Troy's truck as fast as you can and leave Dawnsprings. Troy seems a bit annoyed but beyond that he seems fine.

YOU: So if you're going to be staying with me I do hope you can help me with my research from time to time. Nothing too dangerous but a truck is faster than my Skipper.
TROY: Guess that's fair. I'd be happy to help with a job you get if it calls for more than one person...and it pays me. So where we headed?
>>
No. 888862 ID: 8a947d
File 152896173103.png - (258.25KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Truck 5.png )
888862

As you give Troy directions, you feel the need to ask something he brushed off before.

YOU: So...I know you sort of dodged this question before but I can't stop thinking about it. How do you use that ability of yours?
TROY: Well I guess if I'm gonna be workin' with ya you should know. I'm a Saint.
VOL: I doubt dat if you on da run from thugs.
TROY: No you gremlin, a Saint is somebody who has an angel inhabiting their soul. These angels unwillingly grant their host an ability the nature of which depends on their nature and the angels ability while it was in Heaven.
TROY: The Angel in my body is named Gemini, he calls this ability "Geminae Porta", but that's a mouth full so I just call it "The Doors"
YOU: Whoa, never heard of that before!
VOL: Why would an angel ever fuse wit a human doe? those guys are serious uptight hard asses.
TROY: I did say they don't willingly do it. For whatever reason sometimes angels fall from Heaven, if they hit the earth they fall into Hell, or the Aether as some call it. When that happens their halo breaks and they become demons, so some angels think it's better to inhabit a human rather than become a demon.
VOL: *Tsk* Sounds like somethin' angels'd think.
TROY: So, is Vol the reason you can do that shield thing? does that have a name too?
>>
No. 888863 ID: d3602f

>>888862
We've just been calling it barrier, but if that isn't stylish enough, maybe Caesura? It's a pause in the music, or the action in this case.

So, other than the powers, what's it like having an angel inside of you?
>>
No. 888887 ID: 91ee5f

>>888859
>but a truck is faster than my Skipper.
For now, anyways.

Just keep upgrading your Skipper and eventually it’ll be faster than Troy’s truck!

>>888862
>So, is Vol the reason you can do that shield thing?
“Sure is. And unlike your Angel, Vol willingly gave me this power.”

Unwrap your hand and show him the Demon's Mark Vol put on your hand and explain how Vol put it there with one of his teeth and some of his blood.

“Although, to be honest, he just barely gave it to me this morning.”

>Does that have a name too?
“Not really, I’ve just been calling it a Barrier. Unless.....hey Vol, does this Barrier spell have a fancy name that I don’t know about?”
>>
No. 888895 ID: dbf422

I think Vol gets to name it, if we're using the same metric, but Barrier has been working okay. It's new but it's turning out to be really intuitive and adaptable.
>>
No. 888915 ID: eeb7d9

>>888887
This sounds good.
>>
No. 888928 ID: 8a947d
File 152901376743.png - (227.60KB , 1212x826 , Home 1.png )
888928

YOU: Yeah Vol gave me this power with some of his blood, he only gave to me this morning though. As for a name, I never really thought of about it. I've just been calling it barrier because that's just what it is...how about Caesura? It's like a break in a song.
TROY: Never heard of it, but it sounds like the kinda thing you'd learn from a demon. I sure wish Gemini was half as helpful, it showed said not even two sentences to me and now every once in a while it says shit to me tryin' to tell me how to live my life!
It's annoyin' at times but with The Doors I've managed to get out of a lot of sticky situations...this the place?

Troy pulls up and around to the side of your shed and parks. You unload your skipper and the displacer beast corpse and try to talk to Troy.

YOU: Do you want to come in and see where you'll be staying or-

Before you can finish talking Troy pulls a blanket, a pillow, an umbrella, a radio, and an old bass guitar from the back seat of his truck.

TROY: Nah, this is fine. Nobody'll recognize my truck after I re-painted it, I've been livin' out of this baby for a while now I'm used to it.
VOL: I like dis! He ain't in our house! We got some time before da sun goes down, what's da plan? Or do ya wanna relax for the rest of da day?
>>
No. 888930 ID: d3602f

>>888928
We should probably dissect the cadaver while it's fresh. Demons do rot, right?
>>
No. 888931 ID: 91ee5f

>>888928
>Troy’s gonna stay outside in his truck.
Uhhh, does the camouflage on the house extend out to the shed? Because if it doesn’t, you might want to tell Troy about the camouflage and what it does, so that he can know that it might be safer inside the house in case any sort of wildlife shows up.

Then again, if he insists on staying out here, let him know that he’s welcome to come in if it gets too hot or too cold or whatever.

>We got some time before da sun goes down, what's da plan? Or do ya wanna relax for the rest of da day?
First, you’re gonna get something to eat. Make sure you offer something to Troy if he’s hungry.

Then, you’re take a closer look at that Displacer Beast corpse and write down notes on whatever you find. The sooner you do this, the better because it’s a corpse and it’s gonna start smelling really bad.

Next, we’ll install those new parts on the Skipper.

Lastly, you’ll see if your dad left anything around the house that could be used to make more Binding Scrolls. We’re only looking for the supplies. If we find any, then we’ll know we have them and we’ll make the Binding Scrolls tomorrow after breakfast.
>>
No. 888938 ID: 4ecc08

>>888928
Can... Can you put wards on trucks?
>>
No. 888966 ID: 8a947d
File 152903838914.png - (209.31KB , 1212x826 , Disection 1.png )
888966

>>888938
Vol explains that the ward is a pretty basic one. A protected object has to be a certain size and be stationary, maybe when you learn some more complex wards you can help him out with that.

>Dissect Displacer Beast
With some quick help from Troy you drag the displacer beast corpse into the house and assemble a quick operation table to work on. Vol grabs what he think can help: a saw, some knives, and a few pins and nails. You grab a knife and quickly realize something...

YOU: I have no idea what I'm doing.
VOL: Ya just cut it open! Ain't nothin' else to it.
YOU: ...but is there a certain way we do it? I'm afraid of damaging anything if I do it wrong.
VOL: Dis is just ya first time doin' dis just do ya best, and if we screw up we got an extra to poke around at. So, how do ya wanna start this? Where we cuttin'
>>
No. 888968 ID: b1b4f3

Ugh, dissection of such a large body is going to be a pain. You want to do it while it's on its back so the organs don't fall out when you open the abdominal cavity. The ribcage works as a sort of container you see.

First, sketch the displacer beast as best you can in your journal. You want to capture as many important details as you can before you start cutting it up.
Once you have it on its back, start with a shallow cut down the middle then peel back the skin, nailing the skin to the table to keep it out of the way, and make notes of the muscle structure. You're going to have to cut through that to get to the organs so that information needs to be preserved. Once you have the cavity open you need to make another sketch detailing where the organs belong, then you take them out and do more detailed sketches of each one. This is an iterative, exploratory proccess. Once you're done with the abdominal cavity it's time to break out the bonesaw to get at the chest cavity. Pry that shit open, document those organs, then start peeling back the skin in general.

At some point you're going to want to cut the corpse into pieces to make it easier to take apart the limbs to get at the skeletal structure and document that. Also you're gonna want to cut open the skull to get a look at its brain.

If you don't feel like doing a detailed skeletal/muscle dissection (or don't have the stomach for it) the important bits would probably be the organs and brain. Easier to kill the thing if you can shoot the important bits. I wonder if there's an organ that controls its displacement?
>>
No. 888972 ID: d3602f

>>888966
Vol, I'm not going to kill the second unless it attacks us again. A live specimen can also be quite useful. We might need it to study a workaround for the invisibility.

>>888968
This is pretty good. I also recommend getting some buckets so that we can collect it's blood, it could be useful. Specifically, I want to know how silver hurts them. Does it burn their tissue? Weaken it, allowing for better piercing? Poison their blood?

Another thing, although this may be a bit dangerous as it's kind of mixing demonic magic. Could we tan some of this demon's hide and make it into binding parchment?
>>
No. 888973 ID: 91ee5f

>>888966
>if we screw up we got an extra to poke around at.
Well.....he’s not wrong. It just feels kinda wrong to kill the second Displacer Beast when it’s not actively trying to kill you.

>So, how do ya wanna start this? Where we cuttin'?
Pretty much all of this: >>888968 .

>Also you're gonna want to cut open the skull to get a look at its brain.
Or at least what’s left of its brain, since Roland killed it with a Sliver Slug from his shotgun to the back of the Displacer Beast’s head.
>>
No. 888974 ID: 91ee5f

>>888972
>I also recommend getting some buckets so that we can collect it's blood, it could be useful.
More blood for the ward on the house.

>Specifically, I want to know how silver hurts them. Does it burn their tissue? Weaken it, allowing for better piercing? Poison their blood?
It can’t be that bad, since Vol was using silverware to eat breakfast earlier. Although, that probably means the silverware isn’t actually made out of silver.
>>
No. 888976 ID: dbf422

>>888974
Was it silverware or just flatware?

>>888968
Good plan. Plus the buckets for some ward blood.
>>
No. 888990 ID: ff0134

Begin with cutting open it’s chest and belly down the middle..
While you’re doing so ask vol if it’s possible to gain a second ability from a second demon? For example: if we tamed a displacer beast could we theoretically gain it’s ability to manipulate light through a similar but separate ritual to what vol has with us or would that cause issues?
>>
No. 889002 ID: d3602f

>>888990
He told us there is a limit to how much magic we can have inside of us, which is why we could not learn healing on top of barrier without exploding. So unless there is a way to expand that, no, we cannot have another ritual performed on us. Vol probably doesn't know any methods to expand it either, otherwise he probably would have told us.
>>
No. 889009 ID: 3fe84f

Cut it up and take care to not get things bloody, seem's simple.
>>
No. 889030 ID: 8a947d
File 152910822458.png - (130.97KB , 1212x826 , Dissection 2.png )
889030

You turn the displacer beast onto it's back and use rope to tie the legs up and keep it from falling over. Vol grabs some empty buckets for the blood and places them under the table.

You get to cutting, the skin is extremely durable, you end up pushing further in than you wanted and from the feel of it you may have nicked a rib. You continue to cut down despite it and nail the skin to the table. You make an odd discovery after getting through the skin, It looks like the beast may have a large singular muscle? Past the skin there's just one large spongy muscle instead strands of it wrapping around the skeleton.

VOL: Hey Rol? I'm uh...I'm gonna step outside for a little 'kay? Just yell if ya need me!

Next you check the organs in the abdominal cavity. They seem to be normal organs like a regular animal would have: liver, spleen, intestines. Nothing special you can see from here. You grab a saw and cut open the chest cavity to look at the organs. The first thing you notice is the strange looking heart, its large and oddly shaped. you grab your journal and do a sketch of the organs and where they should be. You aren't sure you want to or now how to properly cut the body up to get a view of the entire skeletal structure so you decide to try and and examine the brain, which isn't easy seeing as you blew a large chunk of it out with a shotgun slug. There's not much to note on the brain itself, but you do notice something odd about the displacer beast's eyes. There aren't really eyes behind the sockets, it's another part of the large red muscle mass that seems connected to the brain.

You think you've gone through enough of the dissection that you can right down more in your journal.
>>
No. 889034 ID: 8a947d
File 152910993842.png - (209.56KB , 1212x826 , Displacer Beasts 1.png )
889034

You clean any spilled blood off of the floor, maybe next time you should get a tarp on the ground to avoid this. After a while Vol comes back into the house. You've covered the corpse with a sheet for now, you'll have to find a solution for the smell later.

VOL: Ya done? Ah god dat smells gonna take some gettin' used to...
YOU: I'm not sure if I'm completely done but I do have a good amount of information written down. I decided that I needed a sort of ranking slash organization system so I came up with this while I was cleaning up. I call it the PANIC system.
VOL: What does dat mean?

You explain how PANIC works. PANIC is going to be used to measure the physical abilities of demons you manage to examine.

Physique: Measures physical power
Aura: Measures the power of magical/aetherial abilities
Nimbleness: Measures speed and agility
Intelligence: Measures awareness and intellect
Constitution: Measures physical durability and vital force

Each stat can have minimum of 1 star(*) and a maximum of 6. For every 2 stars in a stat the demon gains a star in their overall PANIC score which dictates about how dangerous they are.

VOL: Interestin'. I guess ya done with cuttin' dat thing up for now right? Or is there more you gonna do?

>If we tamed a displacer beast could we theoretically gain it’s ability to manipulate light through a similar but separate ritual to what vol has with us or would that cause issues?
Vol explains that it wouldn't even be possible. Vol gave you magic because he knew magic, he's a demon with enough sense to learn, teach and pass on magic where as the displacer beast is the demon equivalent of an animal. Even if the displacer beast could teach you magic it wouldn't give you light displacement, the light displacement the the beast has is an innate ability of this species of demon while Caesura is a spell Vol knew. Imps do not innately know how to make barriers and heal.
>>
No. 889036 ID: b1b4f3

>>889034
What about the tentacle? Cut into the end of it and see what that's about. Are they just weapons or is there an organ in there too?
>>
No. 889037 ID: 8a947d
File 152911229074.png - (239.36KB , 1212x826 , Dissection 3.png )
889037

>>889036
Oh yeah, you kinda got focused on the rest of the body and forgot about the tentacles. The ends of them are made out of a tough claw like material, well they were when you remember getting scratched by them. Now that the beast is dead they seem to have gotten much softer, maybe it's like a muscle they can tense up to make tougher ?

Out of curiosity you take a silver knife from the table and press it to the tentacle. The flesh begins to smoke. Vol brought you this knife without any trouble, and he didn't wear a glove or wrap it or anything. you ask him why.

VOL: Oh my skin don't get hurt from silver, silver has different effects on demons. For displacer beasts it looks like it gets past dat tough skin a' theirs. For Imps it messes wit our ability if we get stabbed wit it so it's still safe for me ta touch it.
>>
No. 889040 ID: 91ee5f

>>889034
>After a while Vol comes back into the house.
“I thought demons would be used to things like this? I’m surprised that you were the one that got squeamish and not me!”

>you'll have to find a solution for the smell later.
Speaking of solutions for later, what are you gonna do with the body when you’re done with it?

I doubt it’ll be safe to bury or leave lying around somewhere, since it might attract more demons or some kinda wildlife. Maybe you should burn the body when you’re done with it? Or ask Vol if he thinks it would be safe to eat?

Whatever you’re gonna do, make sure you finish your dissection first and then you can worry about doing something to dispose of the body before the smell gets so bad that you can’t stay in your own house!

>>889037
>Displacer Beast’s flesh begins to smoke when in contact with silver.
Make a note of that and how normal pistol bullets sometimes bounce off of it.

>Oh my skin don't get hurt from silver, silver has different effects on demons. For displacer beasts it looks like it gets past dat tough skin a' theirs. For Imps it messes wit our ability if we get stabbed wit it so it's still safe for me ta touch it.
“So basically, as long as you don’t accidentally cut yourself with the silverware when you’re eating, you’ll be fine, right?”

>picture
Oh, jeez, Roland you might want to clean your clothes before the blood sets in and becomes a permanent stain that can’t be washed off! And make sure you take a shower and change your bandages!
>>
No. 889044 ID: 61f639

>>889037
Hmm, seems like silver is not that good for restraining. But, a net with silver could be deadly, trapping them and melting them from the inside.

Keep a bit of skin to see if we can use demons to make binding parchment.
>>
No. 889053 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, theory: displacer beasts bend light using that red flesh behind their eyes. I bet if you blind them they can't displace their image anymore.
>>
No. 889057 ID: dbf422

>>889053
If they actually use sight and not some magical sense, blinding them is good in general because they'd be too clumsy. True of any creature that relies on sight.
>>
No. 889059 ID: 91ee5f

>>889034
>PANIC system
So what level of PANIC did you rank the Displacer Beast and what are its individual stats?

Also, make sure you write notes on how Displacer Beasts act.

*Prefers attacking its target from behind or the sides. If you see one charging straight at you, odds are it’s already displaced itself.

*If encountered in a well lit area, watch its shadow. It can’t displace its shadow and its shadow will be where the real Displacer Beast is.
>>
No. 889071 ID: 8a947d
File 152914819455.png - (200.29KB , 1212x826 , Displacer Beasts Journal.png )
889071

>>889053
You ask Vol about the muscly film behind the displacer beast's head. He says the theory is unlikely as plenty of demons don't have "real" eyes. Even the mandrakes from before lacked proper eyes. The film where their eyes is connected to their brain and used for mixture of sight, sound, and smells in addition to their noes or ears.

>>889059
VOL: So what'd ya rank a displacer beast ?
YOU: Well...I'm not sure how accurate this really is since I'm still getting used to it. Physical they're potentially strong enough to pick a and hold down a human being. so I gave them four in Physique.
YOU: Their magic allows them to be completely hidden and lets them ambush people easily, but on its own isn't that destructive I gave it a three
YOU: They're fast but from the look of it their invisibility gives them extra speed, on their own they're not as agile but still enough to give them four stars.
YOU: They're smart enough to open doors and they seem like they know well enough to ambush their prey, so I gave them three stars.
YOU: And finally, most of the time bullets seem to roll off of their hide. Even while dead I had a problem cutting through it's fur. It's tough but not impossible, four stars.
YOU: Overall I gave the Displacer Beast a Panic Score of 8. Almost half of the maximum amount, they're pretty dangerous. We're lucky we never had to fight them in a group. I also jotted down some extra notes about taking care of them in a fight. Also I kept the skin to see if I can make Binding Scrolls with it, it was the hardest part but this could have an interesting outcome...What should I do with the body?
VOL: Lets get Troy ta take care of it, but for now I'm just gonna wheel it out to da backyard. I don't wanna look at or smell it. There ain't nothin' else ya wanna do with it before I cart it out?
>>
No. 889073 ID: bddb0f

>>889071

Carve a steak out and cook it, see if you or Vol can eat it. Waste not, want not, eh?
>>
No. 889074 ID: ad51b8

>>889071
can we use the extra skin as something to sell to the tanner in town to make some extra spending money?
>>
No. 889076 ID: 91ee5f

>>889071
>And finally, most of the time bullets seem to roll off of their hide. Even while dead I had a problem cutting through it's fur. It's tough but not impossible, four stars.
You might want to double check that. You put 5 stars next to Constitution.

>There ain't nothin' else ya wanna do with it before I cart it out?
“You want me to help you with that?”
>>
No. 889080 ID: 094652

Carve up the meat and organs and store for future use. Keep the skull and pelt as trophies to show off to future investors. Bury the rest so the nutrients can feed your supernatural plants.
>>
No. 889082 ID: 575ec0

Bruh.
Skull.
Clean and Keep the Skull.
>>
No. 889088 ID: eeb7d9

Do you think its body parts could have some alchemical properties you could take advantage of, or sell?
And the meat could be edible too.
When you are done, clean yourself up. You must smell horrible.
>>
No. 889248 ID: d3602f

>>889071
Considering displacer sizes can vary, I think we should make the physique star vary as well. Like, maybe 3-4.
>>
No. 889268 ID: 8a947d
File 152930013274.png - (226.80KB , 1212x826 , Displacer Steak.png )
889268

>>889076
>>889248
You make adjustments and fix mistakes you've made in the journal.

>Organs and Bones
You already skinned the beast so you remove the organs as carefully as possible. Vol leaves to grab you jars and to avoid throwing up. You remove collect the bones as well, you might as well if you're going to take the organs. You'll decide what to do with the material later later Finally you take a small slice of meat and cook it as well as you can.

The resulting dish looks a little dicey, the outer layer sort of crumbles and flakes but the meat on the inside seems edible. You take a bite, it tastes funny. Not like beef or poultry, it isn't bad actually. Vol enjoys eating it too. Though you don't have any salt to preserve the corpse and it will begin to rot so unfortunately you're still going to have to get rid of the rest of it. You cook a few more strips and give them to Troy outside, might as well since it's going to go bad.

TROY: ...Why are you covered in blood?
YOU: Science. Here I brought you some food!
TROY: ...This is safe to eat right? I'm not going to get like demon sickness or anythin'?
YOU: I ate it and I'm fine. Besides demon sickness probably isn't a real thing.

Troy takes his plate and eats. Looks like he had the same reaction as you and continues eating. Vol wheel's the displacer beast's corpse outside and bury's it in the garden, hopefully it'll be good for the plants. It's getting late, and you're starting to smell yourself now.
>>
No. 889271 ID: d3602f

>>889268
Maybe we should make a demonic cookbook (like people need another reason to think we're crazy). Take a bath and get to bed.
>>
No. 889273 ID: b1b4f3

>>889271
Haha, Demon Meshi!

>>889268
Wash up, maybe work on putting those parts on your skipper, then get to bed.
>>
No. 889274 ID: e37a06

>>889268
Re we sure the inedibility isn't our own horrible cooking skills? Not unheard of in quest protags...

May as well stay up for a bit and work on the skipper, and hope anything bad about the demon meat doesn't happen after digestion.
>>
No. 889275 ID: 91ee5f

>>889268
>Troy
You should let him know that if it needs to come into the house for anything, food, shower, toilet, laundry, a bed/couch, etc, then he’s allowed to come inside.

>hopefully it'll be good for the plants.
And then demon plants sprout up the next morning.

>It's getting late, and you're starting to smell yourself now.
Blood is very hard to wash out of clothes. If you can somehow wash out the blood from your clothes, then get them washed. Otherwise, you’ll have to throw them away with your bloodied bandages.

>>889273
>Wash up, maybe work on putting those parts on your skipper, then get to bed.
I think doing work after washing up might not be the best thing to do.

How about we install the parts first, wash up second, and then go to bed?
>>
No. 889281 ID: 094652

Speaking of salt, ever try making a saltthrower to test the effectiveness of biological warfare on roaming demon beasts?

Buy more salt next time, because meat sells well and it's a shame you have to throw it out. Maybe you should have done that when you were in town.
>>
No. 889284 ID: 575ec0

Hmm. Could Whittle a sick Demon Bone Knife Shank...

Also go stretch the hide out to dry in the sun. like, stake it to the ground or nail it to a wall or something, and actually scrape it clean.
>>
No. 889285 ID: 91ee5f

>>889284
You mean tan the hide? There’s a tanner in town that can do that without risking Roland accidentally ruining the hide trying to do it himself.
>>
No. 889286 ID: eeb7d9

Time to clean yourself. Do think is wise to use a demon corpse as fertilizer?
On the other hand, we might get an interesting reaction. Try using some bone dust too.
>>
No. 889289 ID: dbf422

>>889274
Well it's not inedible, clearly. Still, it could be a little overcooked, which is something that'll be fixed with practice. Different meat takes different cooking, and maybe displacer meat is tricky.
>>
No. 889299 ID: 8a947d
File 152936125624.png - (172.14KB , 1212x826 , Wind Down 1.png )
889299

>>889281
You've never though of making a "salt-thrower" since salt is much more valuable if you use it to preserve food. You will get more salt later.

>Skipper Parts
the upgrades are pretty easy to install, they don't take more than half an hour to get in.

>>889284
You'd rather take the skin to a tanner, you don't really think you'd be able to do it yourself.

>Clean yourself
You have few more clothes to wear and one last set of bandages. Hopefully you don't ruin those next time you're out or you'll have to go without bandages. For now a bath and sleep definitely sounds good.
>>
No. 889302 ID: 8a947d
File 152936136150.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right.png )
889302

...


???: ...Troy?


...


???: Troy


...

>>
No. 889304 ID: 8a947d
File 152936162545.png - (76.93KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right 1.png )
889304

???: TROY!
TROY: Wha! Huh...What the ?
???: Behind you buddy, how ya been?
TROY: Who the hell...Matzen?
MATZEN: In the flesh, well technically not really but you know what I mean.
>>
No. 889307 ID: 8a947d
File 152936215707.png - (16.67KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right 2.png )
889307

TROY: Ah shit, Fuck!
MATZEN: Now Troy don't worry.
TROY: How am I supposed to not worry? I know how your ability works, you can only do this if you know I'm sleeping and where I'm sleeping. That means you know where I am! and since Channing has you hunting me down-
MATZEN: I'm not hunting you down. I'm not hear to kill you or drag you back.
TROY: ...Then why are you here?
MATZEN: To warn you, you made a lot of people mad with what you did. Not mad at you but mad in general. you deserting caused a huge upheaval in the gang and now Channing is in an even worst mood than when you left.
>>
No. 889309 ID: 8a947d
File 152936268814.png - (71.55KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right 3.png )
889309

MATZEN: Channing is having patrols out looking for you.
TROY: He is? I didn't know he was that mad.
MATZEN: Yeah, he knows you can't go far. Luckily he isn't sending whole armies for you. A few operatives will be searching certain areas over and over. I was sent to check this area, but afterwards Channing will send a different person to look.
TROY: I don't get it! People have deserted before and this much shit wasn't raised.
MATZEN: Yeah, but they just left quietly in the night or something. You left after a big argument where you showed how crazy Channing could be, a lot of what you said was right and that's a problem for Channing.
MATZEN: Luckily from what I can tell you seem to have found someone who's willing to give you some shelter. That's something you were always good at Troy, making friends.
>>
No. 889311 ID: 8a947d
File 152936320560.png - (293.76KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right 4.png )
889311

MATZEN: Well...this dreams gone on for too long. Troy I'm going to do my best where I can, but I don't have a lot of power. You know I almost didn't warn you about this since Channing is good at finding out stuff like this, but you're one of the few people I respect enough to do this.
TROY: ...Thanks Matzen
MATZEN: No problem Troy. You're smarter than Channing is, and you're smarter than his lackeys. Good luck.
>>
No. 889312 ID: 8a947d
File 152936335881.png - (186.69KB , 1212x826 , You Liked Those Dumb Dream Sequences Right 5.png )
889312

TROY: Gah!
TROY: ...
TROY: Goddammit.

D3: Slight Return - End Episode 1
>>
No. 889344 ID: 91ee5f

>>889299
>one last set of bandages. Hopefully you don't ruin those next time you're out or you'll have to go without bandages.
That’s a problem, since your father told you not to let anyone see your tattoos. So buying more bandages sounds like it should be a priority next time you go into town!
>>
No. 889347 ID: 5fa661

Better than bandages, what about something like a luchador mask, and maybe long gloves?
>>
No. 889356 ID: d3602f

>>889347
Then people will ask why we wear the mask. With bandages people will probably just assume we're a burn victim.

I also kind of like the bandages. I think they're cool.
>>
No. 889359 ID: 91ee5f

>>889347
No way, we’d look ridiculous and no one would take us seriously!

>>889356
I agree with all of this.
>>
No. 889365 ID: 5fa661

What about gloves though? DISPLACER-SKIN GLOVES?
>>
No. 889366 ID: 91ee5f

>>889365
I’m pretty sure using the tanned hide to make Binding Scrolls takes priority over making anything else.....for now.
>>
No. 889367 ID: 31fc71

>>889365
Assuming that the resulting leather is of a good quality. binding parchment comes first, but eventually we should totally make a hat out of a demon we've personally killed and dissected.
>>
No. 889378 ID: eeb7d9

We could make clothes out of that hide, and since is really tough, it could provide some protection, like a light armor. The displacer skin was really resistant to bullets, so maybe we can use it in that regard.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password