[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 891658)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39162 unique user posts. View catalog

File 153103923203.png - (133.10KB , 800x600 , 521.png )
891658 No. 891658 ID: ea36cf

"Viccy! I'm glad to see you again. I just about thought you forgot about me!"
"How can I forget." I grumble.
"And you must be Emils. Do you remember me?"
"Yes. You brought me here."
"That's right! Good to see you cleaned up and a bit more lively."

"So, what are you here for? I doubt you came just to see me."

https://tgchan.org/wiki/I_Am
Expand all images
>>
No. 891659 ID: b38f01

Government-mandated social time
>>
No. 891660 ID: ba56e6

We need a dress to impress, and if there's one dresser that knows how to impress 'er, it's the one that pressed 'er with the dress.
>>
No. 891661 ID: 33cbe7

To pick up the dresses you still haven't returned. And get one of them tailored for Emils.
>>
No. 891665 ID: ff82d2

Tell him you've been invited to a royal birthday party and you don't have a dress for Emils. He should be able to infer the rest.

Tho I wonder if he's gonna help us for free. Victoria, does dealing with this half-man entail anything unusual? Like special favors?
>>
No. 891667 ID: dbf422

Dresses. And one needs to be fitted for Emils. If you're quick maybe we can be done before I feel like dying.
>>
No. 891669 ID: 5de987

>>891659
Government-mandated Scheduled Visitation.
Also Emils and I have been invited to the birthday of a child from an important affluent family and she, and I, needs help getting ready. Do you have any dresses that would fit her?
>>
No. 891674 ID: 91ee5f

>>891658
“We’ve been invited to a rich kid’s birthday party and we need a dress for both Emils and myself. Do you think you can help us?”

And while you’re saying that, send a coded message with your ears that says, “I swear, if you make me look ridiculous, I’m going to punch you in the face again!”
>>
No. 891675 ID: 5de987

Also nice muscles.
>>
No. 891676 ID: 094652

"I want you to feed us to monsters."
>>
No. 891733 ID: 9876c4

>>891667
I like this one.
>>
No. 891734 ID: 4f1cbc

>"So, what are you here for? I doubt you came just to see me."
"Dress duress."
>>
No. 891741 ID: ff82d2

>>891665 Actually, I got a better one

"Child support."

And then tell him that he owes you for making stuff up in the guild the last time.
>>
No. 891743 ID: ba56e6

>>891741
Seconding this.
>>
No. 891744 ID: a62780

>>891741
Damn, that's too good.
>>
No. 891836 ID: ea36cf
File 153116446931.png - (147.30KB , 800x600 , 522.png )
891836

"I'm here to pick up child support."
"...Excuse me?"
"Well clearly you owe me monetary compensation for abandoning your child on my lap."
"She's not mine."
I turn to Emils, "You hear that Emils? Daddy doesn't want you."
"But I thought children needed parental figures in their lives?"
"Hear that?" I turn back to Chris, "You can't possibly expect me to be a single mother, raising a child all on my own."
I look smugly at Chris, as his smile starts twitching.

"Viccy deary, it's nice to see you recognize our relationship." he grins.
"...what?"
"Well, officially we're eloped."
"What?!"
"It's a whole cover-up our families agreed upon. On one hand, it keeps the ancient agreement, and on the other hand, lessens the pressure the families would push on us."
I frown at this.
"How long has this been going on?"
"About a month after you left. So technically, we are husband and wife." He grins at Emils, "and now we're parents."

No no no no no
Don't freak out.

>Freak out
>Don't freak out
>>
No. 891837 ID: 3b108e

>Don't freak out
>>
No. 891842 ID: b1b4f3

>>891836
>the families
What families? Your homeland is in ruins. There is no pressure, you can do whatever you want. Heck, if the right people died, nobody else knows that you "eloped".
Don't freak out.
>>
No. 891843 ID: bddb0f

>>891836

Freak out!

... then realize this may be a joke, and either way the people who would make an issue out of this situation aren't here, so there's no real pressure on you to actually do anything, hem, 'familial' with Chris up to and including acknowledging this state of affairs.

Also, remember what you're here for.
>>
No. 891844 ID: e3e99e

>>891836
Don't freak out.
"Well, since everybody's dead or dying that doesn't really matter too much. Convenient if I'd like to get my bell rung, but ultimately unimportant."
>>
No. 891847 ID: ee2d6e

Freak out!
And hope that Emils doesn't exclaim "Mommy!" just to rub it in.
>>
No. 891848 ID: e7848c

GET MAD
>>
No. 891849 ID: 9876c4

Don't freak out.
What, if anything, does this change?

Now be a father figure and get us some adorable dresses.
>>
No. 891850 ID: 094652

Don't freak out, you'll just give him more ammo to troll you with. Pressure him to work somewhere on the other side of the city.
>>
No. 891852 ID: 91ee5f

>>891836
Victoria, you just told Emils that you didn’t want her to call you mom and now here you are claiming that you are her mom. You can’t do that, you’re gonna confuse the poor child! She might even start calling you mom again!

And it’ll be even worse now that you’ve told Emils that Chris is her daddy! Now she’s gonna get attached to the asshole that you don’t want to be around and she’ll constantly be begging you to let her go visit “daddy”!
>>
No. 891853 ID: 0c3c2c

>>891836
Don't freak out.
>>
No. 891854 ID: ff82d2

Don't freak out. You can't give him the satisfaction.

"Parents? Well then, Mrs. <Surname>, I'm sure you wouldn't mind taking care of our child while I'm busy, right?" (Not that you would actually ever leave Emils alone with him, this is just to try to get under his skin)

"So where's our marriage certificate?"

If it's a cover-up, then a public record of the marriage would have to exist. So he must be lying because when you visited the matron, she didn't say anything about a... marri- (>>/questarch/782710) ... oh dear.

Freak out!
Freak out and start shouting everything that you hate about him!
>>
No. 891857 ID: a62780

>>891836
Don't freak out.
This changes nothing! it's juuust an official cover story totally unrelated to how things actually are... yuuup.

Okay! Time to talk bout Emils' dress situation and do the codespeak thing about important events to change the subject!
(Would it be worth mentioning the talking manabeast quest bit or is that too sensitive a set of info?)
>>
No. 891874 ID: dbf422

Don't freak out. You can get angry without losing control. Just tell him to fuck off with bullshit that doesn't matter to you and get to business. If he tries to continue just keep shutting him up until he's doing what you want.

Consider freaking out later.
>>
No. 891875 ID: 4f1cbc

>>891836
I say we go for a cold fury freakout.

"Emils, dear, you wouldn't be too traumatized if you lost a parent to an inexplicable and terrible murder, would you?"
>>
No. 891880 ID: ba56e6

>>891836
"Well if we're married, it's time for you to start homemaking and make Emils a dress for her new friend's birthday party."
>>
No. 891885 ID: 7cae0a

Frak the frick out
>>
No. 891886 ID: 28261e

Yeah, this is the time for freaking out.
>>
No. 891890 ID: 977456

Freak out, massively, but try not to show it. Try doing that Ghibli Angry Hair thing while grinding your teeth into a forced smile and staring at a fixed point in space, possibly with enough unfocused magic behind it to burn a scar into the wall.
>>
No. 891892 ID: 60f32d

You're a dad now! You've got a daughter and, despite your best efforts, a wife. Freak out~
>>
No. 891904 ID: 5fa661

"I want a divorce. You're getting custody."
>>
No. 891911 ID: 8f1436

>>891836
Well, you were dating once, and this is only a cover, so it could be worse. Don't freak out.
>>
No. 891912 ID: c92184

>>891904
yes
>>
No. 891914 ID: 91ee5f

>>891904
There is no way in hell Victoria is going to let Emils stay with him!
>>
No. 891953 ID: dbf422

>>891914
Yeah there's no way she'd give up Emils, but if she did, it wouldn't be too this guy.
>>
No. 892121 ID: fb2a85

“What do you mean lessen the pressure of the families? I ran away from all that.” I try to control my facade, but a frown slips out.

“Victoria.” Chris says in an expressionless tone. “You underestimate your self worth towards the political implications of your bloodline, both in and out of our kingdom.”
He taps a finger on the table, straightening his posture and looking me in the eyes.
I gulp.
“It’s a secret between the high nobles at home, but the fact that we have the only dragonblood rabbolds puts a lot of pressure on us by the shrines. We barely keep them off our table by doing the whole song and dance of their cultic worship of the dragons and their technology, but the very fact that we manufactured weapons similar to the dragons makes us near heretics in their eyes.” He reaches under the table, pulls out a pistol, and places it on the table.
“And that’s just the tip of the ice berg. Did you know how the kingdoms climate barrier is kept active?”
“It... it draws in mana from the ground, the the crystals we mine...”
“Close, but no.” He shrugs. “Under the kingdom, lies a giant mana beast. Greater than any beast in history.”
His hand fiddles with the pistol, spinning it in a lazy circle.
“Our ancestors made a deal with the beast. We would feed it, and it will make out lands hospitable.”
“But greater mana beasts feed on living things...”
“That’s right. And what the beast really wants, is dragons blood.”
A silence hangs in the room, with only the sound of the pistol scraping against the stone tabletop.
“Truth be told, any one of the families could produce dragons blood children. The amount of interbreeding meant that any one of us could produce a pure blood heir, but only one family is allowed to publicly display theirs. The rest had been given as sacrifices for the sake of our kingdom.
Tell me, Victoria, If you truly believe you escaped the grasp the the families, how did i find you?”
He stops the pistol, pointing at it Emils.
“And who else has?”
>>
No. 892122 ID: b1b4f3

>>892118
Him finding you doesn't really change anything since they were staying out of your life and only sent him to deliver bad news. Also it occurs to me that you are both talking openly about your dragonblooded stuff despite having spoken in code during your first meeting. Are these all lies he's spouting, since you could be overheard?
Also wait, if they had a deal with the mana beast to keep their climate shield up, doesn't that mean the deal broke somehow? You need confirmation that he's not just fucking with you to get you back for fucking with him. Like go "if you're messing with me then fine, you got me good, can we stop now?"

Emils knowing the mana beasts' language... and the kingdom having a contract with the mana beasts(if that's true)... that implies she's somehow associated with them. Except, what has she even done while here? Have you been monitoring her activities? Maybe it's about time for a thorough interrogation.
How is she reacting to the implied threat?
>>
No. 892124 ID: dbf422

Is the implication that Emils is a spy? I mean, between Emils having no real world experience and the fact that Chris brought her to you, that's laughable.

Or it would be if this didn't also feel like he's threatening to kill Emils. You just wanted a dress! I mean, Emils can take care of herself, and she'd do something if she actually felt threatened. But you can't just allow people to casually threaten you or people you care about! You can't allow for the chance this isn't a bluff.

I think it's time to freak out.
>>
No. 892126 ID: 10c408

slowly reach over and rotate the pistol away from emils so it's not pointing at anyone.

"Are you insane?!" commence freak out.
>>
No. 892127 ID: ff82d2

Dragon weapons? What does he mean? Inspect the pistol of his.

Greater mana beast? Environment? Remember the conversation with the Weaver. He said that the dragon towers are the ones responsible for creating suitable environment. So why is there a need for any sort of climate barrier? Something about this story just doesn't add up.

Tell him to not flatter himself. Finding you wasn't hard because you weren't exactly hiding yourself. White-furred rabbolds aren't particularly common outside the northern kingdoms. Your cover was more about sending a message to the families.

Considering you've spent a lot of time with Emils and how she acted in the beginning, you would think it's highly unlikely that she's related to the families in any way. And even if she was, she doesn't remember any of it.

But let's try to diffuse the situation a bit. Ask Emils what she thinks/knows about Chris.

And lastly, ask him why he's telling you all this. What does he want that would warrant revealing such highly classified information?
>>
No. 892130 ID: 094652

... Three weeks ago, this news would have been just barely enough to have stress relief sex with Chris.

This is not three weeks ago. You have Level 1 Clearance. You know things about the technology powering your world that the upper nobles have but an inkling of. This coincides with your goals, it is a conflict you can directly resolve.

And you're pretty sure you know what the megabeast actually does with all those dragon-blooded sacrifices. Isn't that right, Emils?
>>
No. 892136 ID: 977456

Normally, little girls should be kept from being naughty. This certainly looks as though he is waving threats and blackmail around to get you to do terrible things with no incentive. Ensure that he makes his position very very clear. If he is less offensive than he appears, prevent Emils from eating him.
>>
No. 892139 ID: 166e1c

>“And who else has?”
You were the one who bought her to me you lunatic! Don't point a gun to a little girl. Are you insane?
You must have examined her when you encountered, she has the physiognomy of a local. She isn't one of the northerners.
>>
No. 892165 ID: 91ee5f

>>892121
>He stops the pistol, pointing at it Emils.
Get Emils behind you.

Ask him if he’s threatening to take Emils to feed her to Mana Beast? Because you’re not gonna let that happen.

>>892136
>prevent Emils from eating him.
Victoria doesn’t know Emils can do that. She believes Emils is just a rabbold girl.
>>
No. 892179 ID: 33cbe7

Nobody who's been dumb enough to point a gun at my charge.
[[Emils: Consume = Y]]
>>
No. 892181 ID: ee2d6e

Push the gun away from Emils and tell him that he does not threaten your daughter
>>
No. 892186 ID: e3e99e

>>892121
Ignore him.
"Emils, how do you feel about handling contract renegotiations with another manabeast? That's your forte, after all."
>>
No. 892188 ID: 91ee5f

>>892186
Didn’t we agree to keep Emils’ ability to talk to Mana beasts a secret? Why should we tell Chris that secret? There’s no reason to!

Telling him would only make him want to take Emils away from Victoria!
>>
No. 892192 ID: ba56e6

>>892121
Step between him and Emils.

"What are you implying exactly?"
>>
No. 892208 ID: dbf422

>>892188
Yes let's not give up secrets to our current biggest threat.
>>
No. 892211 ID: e3e99e

>>892121
"That's easy. They're all dead or dying from the mana plague. The only way they'll survive is if they flee. Dead families are irrelevant, and any who flee will find themselves subservient to the extant power structures.

I'd put that weapon away if I were you. It's a good way to lose your arm, and I wouldn't blame Emils one bit for defending herself."
>>
No. 892231 ID: 4f1cbc

>>892121
>“But greater mana beasts feed on living things...”
>“That’s right. And what the beast really wants, is dragons blood.”
>The rest had been given as sacrifices for the sake of our kingdom.
That is reprehensible.

>He stops the pistol, pointing at it Emils.
Okay, this conversation has gone from cute/annoying to bad. I don't know how he's expecting to improve things by dumping ugly things on you or pointing a weapon at a child that's your responsibility, but it's only gonna get worse.
>>
No. 892277 ID: bddb0f

Okay, Chris isn't threatening you or Emils. He'd have way better ways to do that, such as by actually holding the gun, not twirling it theatrically on top of a table. He's giving you a warning, which is good and indicates he's somewhat on your side, even if you're suddenly being dropped in at the deep end of 'holy crap my family are/have been monsters in the name of necessity'. Acknowledge that Chris at least currently isn't doing some hackneyed attempt at kidnapping Emils, but instead telling you that this is a possible threat to the child we're taking care of (that he dropped in our care).

So get past this shocking news - while glaring at Chris for essentially turning your world topsy-turvy again - and try to find words. You certainly know a little about the state of things for the world, thanks to Emils' uncanny translation skill and Sammy the Weaver. You know it's imperative that these 'facilities' that maintain the atmosphere gets fixed properly and not just through these apparent stopgap measures your family have gone to. From the sound of it, this giant mana beast they were feeding children may have been one of the Moderators.

Chris lying to you is a possibility, but if so he doesn't show signs of having a endgame in mind yet. Maybe if he suggests taking Emils and hiding her, that could be his game, but then why tell us of the threat at all? He has to realize this'd likely make us more protective of her. For now, let's verify his implied word.

"... are you saying my family believes another sacrifice to it will restore the climate barrier?"

Then voice your opinion on that idea and go on a tanget on why it's bad. Chris may need no convincing, but he does need to be shown it's not something we're okay with, for a multitude of reasonable reasons.

"Monstrous, impossible AND stupid. For one, things appear to be unsustainable as they are anyway - anything we do to halt the climate barriers' failure is merely delaying the inevitable. Our family line has done something heinous and stupid and all it got them in the end was... what?

Secondly, even if they were to take and bring Emils - or me - into the recent dead zone and the great mana beast there, how'd they survive to get us there?

Thirdly - unless you have additional intel you're not telling me, we do not know the precise reason for the climate barrier's failure. How will they even know if more Dragon's Blood will help? The very idea that tossing more children to the beast will fix things stinks of desperation and folly."

Shake your head and feel very glad you never got into the marriage game.

"Fourthly - anyone wanting Emils needs to go through me - at least while I'm here. I intend to go on an important quest soon. I'll try to see that Emils is set up well, since I can't take her with me. I will need help for that. Preferably from someone I can trust not to act like a hideous monster."

Glance at him suspiciously, then shake your head. Time for you to drop a bombshell on him, for once.

"My quest will lead me towards something that might help fix this unholy mess before our entire world falls apart. Recent discoveries make me think it's possible to get to the Center and whatever shrine or shrine-like structure's bound to be there, but it requires someone with Dragon's Blood and the proper artifact. As it happens, I have both and I'm making preparations for the trip presently. Tell anyone you keep in contact with this - it may be possible to solve the climate barrier issue in a different way."

Then take a deep breath and start down the road of trusting someone with a secret. Just try to phrase things to keep Emils out of it. She's enough of a target already.

"Fifthly - since APPARENTLY our family knows about communicative mana beasts... would you be willing to believe I recently met one and that it was like nothing I ever expected?"

--------

Meanwhile, Emils, would it be possible for you to try to make a bit of Dragon's Blood in the background? Maybe you can pass if off as something you found during your sewer incursion, and suggest that to prevent Chris and Victoria's family from hunting you, maybe this can act as a substitute for whatever they want to try?
>>
No. 892313 ID: bfdaf0

There's an aspect of Chris's words that too many seem to have skipped here. It's not just a threat to Emils, it's also an urging to stay wary of her. After all, we still don't know where she comes from or how she landed in this town, precisely the one Victoria lives in.
>>
No. 892316 ID: dbf422

>>892313
I understood that, but that's not important while she's also being threatened. Victor can worry about that later.
>>
No. 892384 ID: e3e99e

>>892313
Chris brought her here.
That's how Emils wound up here.
>>
No. 892556 ID: bfdaf0

>>892384
But Chris found her in town, or so he claims.
>>
No. 892560 ID: 91ee5f

>>892556
No, he found Emils outside the city. That’s what he told Victoria right here: >>/questarch/782299 .
>>
No. 892799 ID: ea36cf
File 153159053073.png - (171.85KB , 800x600 , 524.png )
892799

"What are you implying? That Emils is part of some kind of ploy to get at me?"
"No. The possibility is there, but it's doubtful. More than likely she's part of some branch family. Some kind of distant niece."
"Her skin isn't dark."
I slide the muzzle of the pistol towards the wall, but Chris just lifts his hand and shrugs.
"That doesn't mean anything. Fur color is independent of skin color, and both can be affected by the parents, biology, and environment."
"Irregardless, what about the Blight? If the beast was controlling the weather, what happened?"
"Who knows? Reports states that there was a major earthquake before the blight hit. The routes to the beast had collapsed, and no one could check. Evacuations happened shortly after. For now, refugee camps have been sporadically forming around the edges of the blight."
"But with the kingdom gone, wouldn't the power of the families be crippled?"
"Yes, but not gone. The Sagittas still are the lead manufacturers of firearms and have plenty of outside supporters. The Clipeum were mostly stationed at the borders, and are the least affected, and the Cators have plenty of wealth outside the capitol. The branch families would probably be in arms, trying to vie for the top, and most would probably seek you out. Someone from the royal clan would bound to be a boon to any attempt of unification or rallying of our people. And don't forget, your family's gone too. Any backing you once had is now gone. I probably suspect the Shrines would have made their move on you already." He looks at Emils, "and if not you, Her."

"Well, that's all I wanted to warn you about for now. What can I do for you?"
>>
No. 892800 ID: b1b4f3

Clothes.
>>
No. 892801 ID: ff82d2

Invite him to your Dragon's Ridge expedition.
But, we don't know if he's got the clearance level for it. What color are his eyes?

Also, child support.
That is, supporting a child through provision of clothes.
>>
No. 892808 ID: dbf422

Clothes and to never see him again.

Next time there's a fancy party just go in casual clothes if the dresses you're getting now won't cut it.
>>
No. 892810 ID: 0c3c2c

>>892799
Tell him to stop calling you Viccy.
>>
No. 892813 ID: 4f1cbc

>>892799
If storytime is over, I need you to play dressup.
>>
No. 892932 ID: e7848c

Something you would be an expert in. Dressup.
>>
No. 892935 ID: 094652

Tell him to go capture a giant monster, or die trying.
>>
No. 893016 ID: ea36cf
File 153167146026.png - (166.87KB , 800x600 , 525.png )
893016

"Well... I need dresses."
Chris raises an eyebrow.
"It's for Emils. She's been invited to a party and I do not have any dresses her size."
"And you think I do?"
"No, but a theater is bound to have someone that can fix up dresses quick, and I doubt a traveling troupe would NOT have anyone with such skills. Much less, if it's you."

Chris thinks for a moment before nodding, "Very well, that's an easy request. Rachel, come down."
"Wh-"
A voice speaks up from behind me, making me yelp in surprise.
"What may I do for you my lord?"

"Take the child and get some outfits for her. Go for a mix of homeland traditional with modern traits."
"Very well, my lord."
The woman opens the door, waiting.
>Emils and Victoria leaves together. >Emils leaves with Rachel. Choose: ->Viewpoint Emils ->Viewpoint Victoria
>>
No. 893017 ID: 33cbe7

Emils!
>>
No. 893018 ID: 4f1cbc

>>893016
No fair he gets a ninja.

Emils
>>
No. 893019 ID: ff82d2

So easy! I'm sure you'd like to talk with Chris alone as well, so let Emils leave with Rachel.

Switch to Emils.
>>
No. 893020 ID: c92184

Emils
>>
No. 893022 ID: 91ee5f

>>893019
This
>>
No. 893025 ID: 0c3c2c

>>893016
Emils, it's only fair.

Also, now we get to teach Emils about latex outfits.
>>
No. 893057 ID: dbf422

I'm starting to think getting angry would've resulted in merely sound and fury. He always had the upper hand.

Let Emil's go with Rachel, and follow Emils.
>>
No. 893114 ID: ba56e6

>>893019
This
>>
No. 893141 ID: e7848c

>>893016
Victoria, let Emils go and put something on your to do list: get personal Ninja
Emils, set optional goal: Become magical ninja girl
>>
No. 893183 ID: ea36cf
File 153176241943.png - (152.97KB , 800x600 , 526.png )
893183

>Be Emils

"So little girl, What kind of dress would you like?"
>>
No. 893186 ID: ff82d2

"I want a normal-looking dress so I can blend in well with the locals"
>>
No. 893187 ID: ba56e6

>>893183
"I want be a magical girl."
>>
No. 893191 ID: ee2d6e

>>893187
There is no other answer. Other than also asking if you can hug her.
>>
No. 893192 ID: bddb0f

"I want to wear a magical girl's dress. Yours is cool too, though. What's it made of? Does it help you hide?"

Reach out and touch the black stuff. Pinch a tiny sample for analysis.
>>
No. 893193 ID: 0c3c2c

>>893183
Ask for a magical girl's dress made of the same stuff as hers.
>>
No. 893195 ID: b38f01

Ideally, a magical girl's dress. Practically, something to blend in with.
>>
No. 893203 ID: da1652

>>893183
"I don't know: I've never worn a dress in my life."
>>
No. 893220 ID: 4f1cbc

>>893183
The best kind of dress.
>>
No. 893226 ID: ff82d2

> >>893191 >hug her
I will always vote for hugs.

> >>893192 >touch the black stuff
Aim for the enlargements on her chest.
>>
No. 893235 ID: 33cbe7

Emils: Become meguca!
>>
No. 893250 ID: 977456

I want to wear a magical girl! ... Or be worn by?
>>
No. 893298 ID: dbf422

>>893193
This is the ultimate.
>>
No. 893319 ID: 352db1

>>893183
"I want to be a magical girl.
I'm already good at fighting monsters."
>>
No. 893332 ID: 094652

Emils: Point at her chest and say "I want to have big lumps on my dress like yours!"
>>
No. 893343 ID: 977456

Be sure to subtly adjust self to fit whatever dresses you try on.
>>
No. 893344 ID: dbf422

>>893343
Nah, this is self-care, let someone else do the fitting for once.
>>
No. 893368 ID: 61838d

"Like yours, but for a magical girl."
>>
No. 893371 ID: 33cbe7

>>893343
This, it'll make fittings faster if she doesn't need to make adjustments.
>>
No. 893401 ID: ae9bd9

You must become her pupil! Also second for the mahou shoujo kunoichi (both for the party and beyond).

btw, it is regardless, not irregardless
>>
No. 893406 ID: 91ee5f

>>893344
I agree. Let the nice lady take our measurements.

>>893371
But won’t Victoria notice how Emils looks different?
>>
No. 893431 ID: 7c90bc

Ask for something truly obnoxiously girly. Something pink with lots of frills and bows, that's much larger when worn than it should be for such a small girl. Something that is completely unfeasible to wear in normal life.
>>
No. 893780 ID: f1d6a5

tunic style gold trimmed red dress, with a black sash and black tights. a black lined red cloak, with a decorative white collar and shoulder thingies, both of which have the same gold trim pattern as the dress. gold trimmed white gloves and boots stylized to match the collar that holds the cloak on. and lastly white decorative ear ribbons
>>
No. 893781 ID: f1d6a5

...then sneak in a matching domino mask and wand.
>>
No. 893788 ID: 3062f7

magical girl
>>
No. 894785 ID: ea36cf
File 153287729224.png - (157.60KB , 800x600 , 527.png )
894785

>Magical Girl Dress
"Hm, while we do have some stuff fanatical, they're rather cumbersome and not all that good for dancing or strong movements, and they're typically sized to the actors who tend to be a bit larger than you are."

>Larger dress
"Absolutely not! You're attending a party, you might be expected to dance and socialize. The last thing you'd want is a wardrobe malfunction. A proper dress needs to fit your body and allow proper range of movement. Anything less is just a fancy layer of cloth over yourself."

She takes out a strip and claps her hand, "Now please undress so I can get a proper fitting."

>Options for magical girl dress
She hums, "I could offer you some added props and add in some sequins for the glittering look, but it could make you stand out, and not in the good way. Wouldn't you rather a safe dress?"

Final Call for dress designs Paper doll: >>/questdis/121620
>>
No. 894788 ID: 166e1c

I understand at this point Emils' magic girl obsession is non-negotiable, but is a formal kid birthday the right place for that? We should accept whatever miss ninja suggest as appropriate but ask for ribbons and an absurdly shaped mini skirt for another occasion.
>>
No. 894790 ID: dbf422

>>894788
Well the thing is, Emils does not care in the slightest how she appears to others. But she's also patient, and isn't so obsessed that she forgets how to blend in, in her own way.

Maybe a compromise? Something that stands out but isn't cosplay. Black and glittering and flowing to stand out on her white fur, maybe.
>>
No. 894795 ID: ee2d6e

Magical. Girl.
>>
No. 894802 ID: 4f1cbc

>Wouldn't you rather a safe dress?
What's the fun in being safe?

If our dress maker is going to be so insistent on it, I guess we could make the magical girl elements subtle, instead of an overt costume. Still, we're a little girl, there's never going to be a better time to get away with dressing up how we want.
>>
No. 894803 ID: ff82d2

> >>894788 >magic girl obsession is non-negotiable
As far as I'm concerned, the whole magical girl thing is a joke which has been going on for a bit too long now. So it's just a matter of suggester not voting for it.

That said, I submitted my dress design >>/questdis/124567
The sad thing is... it looks like a magical girl dress D:

As far as voting goes, I'll stick with a "normal-looking dress that blends in well with the locals" spoken like a true assassin. Because I want to impress Rachel~
>>
No. 894813 ID: b1b4f3

>>894785
Ok how about a compromise? Just something cute that looks somewhat similar to a dress in the storybooks Emils has been reading.
Emils definitely wants to blend in, that's one of her "orders" she's been following.

>>894803
Like this, maybe?
>>
No. 894814 ID: f1d6a5

>just a matter of suggester not voting for it.

HA! like that'll ever happen! face it, that running gag is here to stay.
>>
No. 894824 ID: e7848c

Subtlety is the mark of magicians everywhere.
>>
No. 894825 ID: dbf422

>>894824
This is not true.
>>
No. 894865 ID: ba56e6

>>/questdis/121745
My vote goes to this dress. Refined, good blend of dark colors for contrast with light fur, and a subtler sort of 'magical girl' style for the red mage who has everything.
>>
No. 895106 ID: 8f1436

>>894785
My personal vote is for >>/questdis/124569 though >>/questdis/121745 is quite nice as well and is my second favorite.
>>
No. 895115 ID: ee2d6e

Yeah, >>/questdis/121745 is sufficiently magical girl
>>
No. 895282 ID: caf1de

>>/questdis/124572
its perfect


for later so get it and then for the party
>>/questdis/124569
>>
No. 895310 ID: dbf422

I should probably vote for something that could win.

I like >>/questdis/121745 but with the headdress of >>/questdis/124569 in red
>>
No. 895326 ID: 54b8e3

I vote for >>/questdis/124569
>>
No. 895329 ID: d6afc2

I perfer >>/questdis/121745
>>
No. 895723 ID: 864e49

Can we please not do the Gothic vampire outfit, it's just too much.
If I have to pick one of the two then >>/questdis/124569
>>
No. 895780 ID: f1d6a5

>>895310
actually it's not a headdress. it was supposed to be ribbons but it went wrong... it's the same outfit i was describing in >>893780
>>
No. 895797 ID: dbf422

>>895780
I knew it was ribbons but I didn't know headdress wasn't just a generic word meaning "thing that goes on head", because I know nothing of fashion. I like the ribbons, regardless of what they're called.

I liked the whole outfit honestly, I just wanted a big ol flowing dress for the party.
>>
No. 895992 ID: 830fb7

>>/questdis/124633
>>
No. 896006 ID: ea36cf
File 153340322554.png - (136.01KB , 800x600 , 528.png )
896006

Momentary amounts of time later, Black clothes drapes me with cloths and pins as she adjusts, primps, and folds the materials around me, forming a loose set of clothes over me, ending with a length draped over my shoulders.

"What do you think?"
"It's very... Red."
"Red is traditionally the colors young royals wore during public events back home. Besides, it brings out your eyes!" She smiles.
>>
No. 896007 ID: 4f1cbc

Cute. Black did a good job. Although maybe you should ask after those sparklies or an accessory.
>>
No. 896010 ID: 0c3c2c

>>896006
It's very cute. Needs more latex though. Still, compliment her.
>>
No. 896013 ID: 33cbe7

It's so nice, it would be a shame to leave it behind when we outgrow it. Maybe we can mimic it ourselves in some way when we adopt a less compact form.
>>
No. 896018 ID: ee2d6e

Black Clothes deserves a hug
>>
No. 896025 ID: ff82d2

That's gonna be a bitch to draw, sorry Radial! pretty cool looking, altho maybe a tad too adult-ish for a child to wear.

Hugs!

And then ask her if she's got any advice about royal events. How would it be appropriate to act and how to talk?
>>
No. 896033 ID: b38f01

Dang, she's good. Complement her as such. Any advice for events such as this?
>>
No. 896049 ID: dbf422

Thank Black Clothes for definitely making clothes that are perfectly made of cloth and dyed with color and fits over your body. Truly this BDSM ninja is a master with a needle.
>>
No. 896070 ID: ba56e6

>>896006
Ask where she got her butt polka dots.
>>
No. 896071 ID: f1d6a5

so... instead of going with one of the designs submitted we get three of them mashed together?
Not sure ifi should be proud parts from mine made look like they it into the final mix, or jealous of how much better the final mix came out.

eenyhoo...

>Questions
"Does this outfit come with a wand? or maybe an aesthetically similar staff or rod?"
>>
No. 896082 ID: e3e99e

>>896006
"The red one is usually the leader. I can be the leader of a magical girl team.
This is good."
>>
No. 896085 ID: 91ee5f

>>896006
“I was told that I’m supposed to ask if this dress makes my butt look big. So, does this dress make my butt look big?”
>>
No. 896089 ID: 977456

>>896071
This outfit is for dancing. For this purpose, wands, rods, and staves are inferior to Poles.
>>
No. 896214 ID: 365ea0

Let's use some fancy words that Victor taught us.
>>
No. 896289 ID: 138934

Makeup and hairstyles?
>>
No. 896300 ID: ea36cf
File 153365860836.png - (118.99KB , 800x600 , 529.png )
896300

"Thank you very much for the dress."
I say while hugging black as a form of appreciation.
"Oh! I... Your welcome." She slowly lowers her arms around my in an attempt at a hug.
"Could you include the material of your outfit?"
"Oh, this? No, It's a kind of mana retardant material. Not really suited for dress materials, and is kind of expensive to make. It also doesn't breathe well."
"Oh." Perhaps if I could recreate the material if I absorbed some.
>>896289
I do not believe I have enough hair in this form to consider hair styles. Nor do I know what makeup is.

"What about a wand, staff, or pole. Some kind of mana focus?"
"Wow, those must be really old books you're reading. Staves and wands are rather rigid and don't play well with multi-structured enchantments."
She frowns, "Honestly all they're good for is casting one spell over and over. Totally outdated if you ask me."
>>
No. 896301 ID: 33cbe7

Stick two of them together and you could cast at least two spells readily. So, do you have any? Even just a prop will do.
>>
No. 896302 ID: 0c3c2c

>>896300
Okay, we now have the best plan! We should find and absorb a SMALL AMOUNT of the shiny material, and acquire a stick-staff.

The nice lady appears to be unnerved by the cuddling. Release her and return to Victoria.
>>
No. 896304 ID: ff82d2

Try absorbing an unseen quantity of that black stuff.

Staves are so outdated. You know what you should ask her for?

A whip.
>>
No. 896311 ID: 91ee5f

>>896302
>The nice lady appears to be unnerved by the cuddling. Release her and return to Victoria.
Yeah, do this.

>>896304
I think she’ll notice that since she’s still wearing it.

Why don’t we try looking for that stuff in the clothes that are hanging there to the right?
>>
No. 896317 ID: ee2d6e

It's not actually for casting spells, it's for being a magical girl.
>>
No. 896336 ID: 4f1cbc

>I think she’ll notice that since she’s still wearing it.
Yeah, it's harder to remove bits of something that's mostly skin tight like that.

>Totally outdated if you ask me.
Well you were thinking more style than practicality, but did she have any ideas?
>>
No. 896338 ID: 977456

A small bite out of the skirt could probably be missed, for a time at least... but if sampling would require more than a few hairs' worth than it would be best to ask.
>>
No. 896339 ID: e7848c

Only take what she won't notice before you break away from the embrace. We can fashion our own wand later.
>>
No. 896383 ID: dbf422

>>896311
Agreeing with all of this.

And I also think that we should be more of a modern magical girl, so we should try finding out what is state of the art in magical implements.
>>
No. 896384 ID: 094652

>Could make some if I consumed it
Bite her nipple to tear the cloth off. When she asks, say something along the lines of "Mom says she likes it when I do that".
>>
No. 896386 ID: 91ee5f

>>896384
No! Bad Kome!
>>
No. 896401 ID: 241ee0

Mana retardant?
Oooh... show us! Please?
>>
No. 896435 ID: b1b4f3

I say absorb a little of the cloth if you can get away with it.
>>
No. 896440 ID: a62780

>>896383
I mean it's been implied that Emils will be able to more intuitively do magic than any native, once she overcomes whatever weirdness is messing with her (might have been/be us tbh)
>>
No. 896547 ID: e3e99e

>>896300
"Oh, could I get gloves with Mana retardant pads? Those would have been useful several times so far.
A staff doesn't need to do anything to be useful. They are a fine prop. Also, people love to look at the obvious weapon and not notice the proper attack."
>>
No. 896548 ID: c804f4

Would a finger sized chunck work? Just press a finger and absorb
>>
No. 896549 ID: f3ba9e

Stealing cloth from a seamstress' clothing is a horrible idea.
>>
No. 896579 ID: dbf422

>>896549
I mean, she's definitely going to know it was Emils. It's as obvious as a thief's bump and grab technique.
>>
No. 896582 ID: ee2d6e

Instead of taking one small spot, why not just peel off a big but exceptionally thin layer instead? Would probably be indistinguishable from normal wear and tear.
>>
No. 896586 ID: ff82d2

> >>896311 >I think she’ll notice that
With "unseen quantity" I meant anywhere between a few molecules to something smaller than a width of a hair. Also, there's no way we'd get noticed because any pressure created by absorption would get negated by the pressure of our hug.

Anyway, even if we try, I'm guessing that the absorption would fail because the material is mana retardant. Thus, as soon as our slime would try directly touching it, the mana within that slime would be rendered inert and absorption couldn't be triggered/controlled. Well, we can test this even if we choose not to absorb anything.
>>
No. 896595 ID: 91ee5f

>>896300
I just thought of something.

Ask if her mana retardant clothing makes it harder for her to cast spells?

>>896586
>With "unseen quantity" I meant anywhere between a few molecules to something smaller than a width of a hair.
Emils is going to need way more than that tiny amount if she’s going to try and make it herself.

Which is why taking an amount that’s large enough for Emils to be able to recreate it from the dress this lady is currently wearing is too dangerous for us to make an attempt.

That’s why I also suggested looking for this stuff on the clothes hanging next to us.
>>
No. 896596 ID: 70c38c

Talk a bit about the theater, since you were planning on seeing on of their performances.
>>
No. 897133 ID: ea36cf
File 153426849951.png - (111.66KB , 800x600 , 530.png )
897133

I am unable to replicate such materials without it being in liquid form first.

"I don't actually plan to cast spells with it, it is fine for it to be just a prop."
"A prop huh... Well, in that case, any kind of stick or rod would do, but that won't be suitable for an outfit like that." She rummages though a drawer and pulls out a ring.
"It's a simple enchantment of [Light] on this ring, letting it glow in the dark. It'll last for half an hour on it's own, so you could fit it over a stick to replicate a wand."
I take it from her.
"To activate it, just run some mana though it and it'll toggle on and off on it's own."
"Thank you."
"Now that this dress is fitted, I'll need to set the stitches proper. Please take it off and I'll have it done in a few days."

I take off the dress and redress, keeping the ring on my finger.

We return back to the room Red eyes was in, but I can hear some muffled sounds behind the door.
They seem busy.

>Enter
>Wait
>>
No. 897134 ID: 33cbe7

Enter, and test out the Light spell.
>>
No. 897135 ID: cbcfcb

>>897133
Is it possible to recharge the enchantment, or does a new one need to be applied each time it expires?
>>
No. 897141 ID: ff82d2

(Wait) Ask Rachel if she ever kissed anyone before.
>>
No. 897147 ID: 0c3c2c

>>897133
Enter. Maybe you'll get to observe how sex works.
>>
No. 897149 ID: b38f01

Does getting closer to the door make it clearer? If not, enter.
>>
No. 897153 ID: f3ba9e

>>897133
Knock.
>>
No. 897160 ID: ba56e6

>>897133
Eavesdrop first.
>>
No. 897167 ID: dbf422

>>897160
Agreed. Can't have you stop eavesdropping already.
>>
No. 897179 ID: 4f1cbc

>>897160
Yes, listen. Information can be valuable!
>>
No. 897254 ID: 977456

We are apprised of their circumstances, have no issues with their biological habits, require as much information as possible, are discreet, and there is risk of Red Eyes being in some form of peril. Moreover, The Grey one was acting with hostility towards us just minutes passed, Red Eyes is better than that!
Enter.
>>
No. 897291 ID: 602601

Wait. This time Victor didn't greet him with a punch in the face, if they make up maybe we can convince Victor to take us to a play after all!
Let's hang out with Rachel until Victor comes to get us.
>>
No. 897313 ID: dbf422

>>897291
If you want to see a play there are easier ways to make that happen than making Victor make up with her ex.
>>
No. 897332 ID: ba56e6

>>897313
Not cuter ways.
>>
No. 897336 ID: dbf422

>>897332
Cute would be sneaking in with a school friend, stacked on top of each other in a large coat.
>>
No. 897342 ID: ba56e6

>>897336
I concede.
>>
No. 897348 ID: 75c493

Enter.
Maybe your caretaker is finally giving Chris the strangling he seems to deserve.
>>
No. 897381 ID: 54f525

Let's have a looksy around first, this is the first time we've been to a theater after all.

Maybe we can get Rachel to show us around.
Maybe we can find useful liquids, like paint or glue.
>>
No. 898338 ID: ac6625

Slowly and quietly enter. Peak your head in first. And if black clothes doesn't approve of you gathering information just shrug and respond "Curious." or some witty line.
>>
No. 898762 ID: ea36cf

"How long does the spell last?" I ask.
"Oh, It runs off of ambient mana. As long as there's mana in the air or in your body, it'll glow. You can make it brighter by forcing your own mana though it, but that would wear out the enchantment faster. At that point, the enchantment might short out and become dangerous to use. Otherwise, it would last for years. Most passive enchantments operate like this."

The sounds behind the door continue into muffled yelling.

I look to Black and ask, "Could we explore the building? I have not been in a theater before."
"I'm sorry, I am not allowed to let you wander around."
She knocks the door and the yelling stops.

>Enter room
>Wait to be called in
>Wander away anyways
>>
No. 898763 ID: 33cbe7

Enter without waiting.
>>
No. 898765 ID: ff82d2

Enter, but only stick your head in and ask, "I wanna see the theatre. May I look around?".

If either Victoria or Chris agree to it, then consider it a full permission and dart away!
>>
No. 898767 ID: 094652

>Muffled yelling
I honestly think they're just plain arguing at each other, mostly Victoria, and not the other thing. Stop that please.
>>
No. 898768 ID: 83473a

>wander away anyways
I don't think we can sneak away from the Ninja without eating her first.
>>
No. 898770 ID: b1b4f3

>>898762
Enter room.
>>
No. 898771 ID: ba56e6

>>898765
This.
>>
No. 898773 ID: dbf422

Just enter. If it weren't a ninja I'd suggest wandering away but as it stands, it'd be problematic.
>>
No. 898784 ID: 977456

This is pretty obviously a cunning plan to get us to think of lewds and be all awkward at the door while our pet Rabbold is being abducted right next to us. And if it IS lewds, then Emils wouldn't care in the slightest, so there is no downside to barging in.
enter
>>
No. 898786 ID: 91ee5f

>>898762
Enter
>>
No. 898813 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898762
Knock and enter.
>>
No. 898851 ID: 7826cb

I wonder how long it would take them to notice if we ate Rachel.
Could be anywhere between immediatly and a couple of months.
>>
No. 899016 ID: b38f01

Go on ahead.
>>
No. 900944 ID: fb2a85

I push the door and enter the room unannounced. The air smells of ozone and light, while being saturated with mana.

Red eyes is holstering a pair of T shaped blades tools under the back of her shirt. I could only gather a glimpse at it, but Something about the tools sends warning signals to my core.
The other one slides the weapon on the table back under it, locking it into its holster.

“Excuse us,” black states, following behind me, “I hope we weren’t interrupting anything.”
“Oh, no.” The grey starts, “We were just finishing up our conversation.”
“Emils,” red eyes looks at me while smoothing our her shirt, “how was the dress?”
“The dress would be ready in a few days,” black answers, “I’ve already gotten the base outline and fitting done, I will just need to tailor it and it can be sent to you in a few days.”
“That’s great then.” Red eyes holds my hand as she starts to leave, “come on Emils, let’s go.”
>>
No. 900949 ID: 33cbe7

Ask about the pointy sticks. Maybe you can get a closer look at them.
>>
No. 900961 ID: dbf422

Follow her out. And maybe it's time to try your hand at playing for sympathy. Say that the dress was suitable and you were having a good time but those blades scared you. She's not going to use those on you is she?
>>
No. 900965 ID: ff82d2

Ask Victoria if you'll get to see Daddy again.
Also, ask her where you're going next.
Lastly, show her your new magic ring and tell her that dark miss gave it to you. Ask her if she got any gifts as well.
>>
No. 900982 ID: 4f1cbc

>>900944
Say goodbye to the one who isn't Red Eyes.
>>
No. 900999 ID: b1b4f3

>>900944
Ask if they were trying to kill eachother just now.
>>
No. 901000 ID: b67388

>>900944
"Friends should not fight."
>>
No. 901019 ID: dbf422

>>900982
Say goodbye to just Ninja.
>>
No. 901025 ID: 91ee5f

>>900944
“I saw weapons. Were you trying to kill each other?”
>>
No. 901054 ID: e9cfa0

First the dojo and now here, Victor I'm noticing a trend.

Make sure to thank Chris as well. Ask about what they're performing.
>>
No. 901332 ID: a255bd

>>900944
something like 'i didn't think your arguments would escalate to drawn weapons', effectively asking her to tell us what they were doing.
>>
No. 901359 ID: 74adc7

Should have guessed that, given that last time instead of greeting chris you punched him in the face.
>>
No. 901826 ID: ea36cf
File 153703584305.png - (145.59KB , 800x600 , 531.png )
901826

"What was that?" I ask pointing to her back.
"Oh. You saw that huh." She pats her back, trying to hide the obvious bulge on the back of her shirt.
"They're ancient... tools? Weapons? I'm honestly not sure. They were made by the dragons, or so I'm told. Capable of disrupting Mana around it."
The thought of it makes my core shudder.
"I'd rather not pull them out, as they subconsciously attract the attention of anyone around it."

"So is that why you two fought?"
"What? No. Maybe. I'd rather not talk about Chris."
"But isn't he your friend?"
She snorts, "You can't believe everything he says."
"What did you fight about?"
Red eyes seems to redden a bit, "Don't ask."

"The nice lady gave me a ring." I hold out the glow ring.
"Oh nice. It's hard to find good enchanted items this far down. Keep good care of that, it'll be impossible to repair."
"Could you teach me about enchanting?"
"Ah... I know very little about it, besides it's just etching lines that relate to spells in a physical form, and dusting it with Mana Dust. I've never been able to make any enchantments myself."

"Could we stay and watch one of Chris's perf-"
"No."
And we leave the Theater.

Choose Next Event: >Find Alice >Guild Test >Find Silvia's Laboratory >Other
>>
No. 901828 ID: 2a7417

>Consume Alice
>>
No. 901832 ID: afdebc

>>901826
Find Alice, no consuming.
>>
No. 901837 ID: 93f082

Find Silvia's Laboratory.
Let's learn some enchanting.
>>
No. 901846 ID: 0c3c2c

>>901826
Find Silvia's Laboratory, then later find Alice.

And good work on keeping your lust to consume all life in check. It's a really self-destructive habit.
>>
No. 901852 ID: b38f01

Alice
>>
No. 901854 ID: 864e49

Alice to get the dirt on her hubby.
>>
No. 901858 ID: e9d75b

Alice I guess
>>
No. 901864 ID: b67388

>>901826
Guild Test. It's time to get a license and more leeway to go where we want.
>>
No. 901867 ID: 48ade7

Let's go to the guild, I wanna see if Nick left a message.
>>
No. 901925 ID: 33cbe7

>>901846
Don't be silly, it's not the self that's destructed when you consume.
Find the lab, those have lots of fluids to mimic.
>>
No. 901998 ID: ac6625

>>901826
Find the lab, ponder if the one named Chris would really hurt you or red eyes. The way he pointed that fire arm at you seems to suggest some hidden malice.
>>
No. 902751 ID: ea36cf
File 153760405867.png - (90.51KB , 800x600 , 532.png )
902751

>Find Alice

Finding where she lives was easy, since Red eyes knows the area.
With some directions, I find Alice's family estate.
I am unsure on the proper terms for houses, but it's big, about three floors and a large wall surrounding it.
I introduce myself to the guards as a friend of Alice and would like to talk to her.
A bit of waiting for confirmation, and a maid leads me to the back of the house, in a sort of training area garden where Alice is waiting.
The air smells of fire and mana, and scorch marks litter the dried ground.

"Hello Emils, what brings you here today?"
>>
No. 902753 ID: c92184

I wanna be a magical girl and I need to know magic.
>>
No. 902755 ID: b1b4f3

>>902753
We already got one spell from her, but... wouldn't hurt to observe her practice. Maybe we can learn how to cast fireball.

>>902751
Ask if she knows Silvia Strix Saron.
>>
No. 902758 ID: 93f082

"Just thought it would be fun to visit you. Wanna play?"
>>
No. 902759 ID: b38f01

Here to hear more about your stories. What are you up to?
>>
No. 902763 ID: 0c3c2c

>>902751
You desire to be a magical girl.
>>
No. 902768 ID: dbf422

>>902758
Yeah, but then mention the smell of fire.
>>
No. 902778 ID: 91ee5f

>>902758
>>902768
Both of these.

“I wanted to visit you. Do you want to play?”

*sniff* *sniff* “Is something burning?”
>>
No. 902783 ID: a255bd

>>902778
i will vote this
>>
No. 902808 ID: 977456

Playing with fire is always good.
>>
No. 902818 ID: afdebc

>>902751
Tell her about the birthday party you were invited to, you think she knows him.
>>
No. 902829 ID: b67388

>>902751
Would you like to play magical girls?
>>
No. 902912 ID: 2e0f31

Can you give me a hand learning magic? If that's all right with you.
>>
No. 902927 ID: c3a2fb

Hey, I'm kind of free today and wanted to know if we could hang out?
>>
No. 902949 ID: ac6625

>>902755

Both of these, learn a new spell if possible. Weather she is connected in some way to Silvia Strix Saron or not will help us learn about Silvia at least how others view em. Could also be a nice opener into finding out about Alice herself.
>>
No. 904062 ID: ea36cf
File 153823036753.png - (104.58KB , 800x600 , 533.png )
904062

"I want to become a magical girl."
"... Excuse me?"
"I would like to hang out for a while, and for you to teach me magic."
"Oh!"
Alice looks to her maid, "Could you bring us something to drink please?"
The maid nods and walks off out of sight.

"I was in the middle of practicing, so I guess I can demonstrate a few spells for you," Alice starts, "But please don't spread word about this, some families tend to keep their spellcraft a secret. I don't mind really, considering what I can do now is just basics."

Alice walks up to the middle of the dry patch of ground and starts murmuring a chant. I sense Mana drawing into her core in her chest, and then radiate outwards.
This continues for a few pulses as mana fills her body, and she whispers, "{Conjure:Fireball; Target:Coordinates; Scale:0.1% Initiate;}"

Using [Mana Manipulation] around her lets me feel how mana reacts to her.

Her mana flows from her core, down her veins, and towards her outstretched hand, as a ball of heated air gathers and ignites above her hand.
She maintains the spell for a minute, before the mana in her body starts to dissipates into her flesh.
Alice begins to sweat and holds a grimace as the fire wavers and dispels itself.

Her mana veins are frayed and at some parts unable to hold mana, even directing them to wrong places. Parts of them is even cut off where her left arm should be. I could attempt to use [Mana Manipulation] on her to reroute or repair some of the damage, but I am not sure what that would cause to something that has their mana veins ingrained into their organic bodies.

Alice pants, "So what do you think? Could you copy that like the other spells?"
>>
No. 904063 ID: 575ec0

Organic bodies can't handle rapid change, even if it's beneficial.

Mention the damage and ask if you can try to repair it.
When you attempt to do so, try fixing one thing at a time, gently. If she starts exhibiting pain or other negative effects, stop. It could potentially take many visits of tiny adjustments.
>>
No. 904066 ID: 0e4e29

I'll try.
Cast fireball.
I picked up some other spells from Strot and... someone unimportant.
Cast water manipulation
Try casting spire
>>
No. 904069 ID: ac6625

>>904062
Attempt the spell but try to put as little energy as possible into it. Once you see a light, slowly increase it, then cut off the flow of mana so the flame flickers out. We're still under the guise that we're learning this with no experience.

Mention to her the damage and that you could attempt a repair, if she's willing to allow it. Also mention it would take time. It only seems fair that if she's going to take some of her time teach us, we at least try to give something in exchange.
>>
No. 904071 ID: 93f082

Let's try something else first. Let's try out our abilities in a different manner.

Ask her to cast the exact same spell, but a bit farther away from her.
Then, while she's casting it, try to direct the mana inside her to her arm. Observe carefully and learn what changing the mana paths inside her does and experiment a bit. Learn what you need to change so that the mana correctly reaches the target point.

I think it's important that we do this first, to get some crucial experience, before trying to do more serious interventions in her body. If everything goes according to plan, the small spell that she casts should turn out to be much larger. Afterwards, she will probably have questions about what happened and we can tell her what happened. At that point, we can offer to make permanent changes, provided she agrees with the risks.
>>
No. 904072 ID: 2e0f31

Test repairs on a small section of her arm, say you need to get a feel for the mana flow first. Just to see what happens.
>>
No. 904085 ID: e3e99e

>>904062
"Hmm. I don't think I'll be able to learn much with your mana veins messed up like that. It's all flowing weird and leaking out.
I could try to fix some of it, if you'll let me. Just a little, since I've never tried this on a person before."

If she agrees then fix a few of the leaks and have her try again. Since it's an experiment you need to do things in stages to reduce the potential for harm.
>>
No. 904086 ID: 0a50de

>>904062
well, could you copy it?
and don't experiment on something living and sentient like alice is. you need to see what [Mana Manipulation] does to a living non-sentient creature first, preferably a simple one like a frog or lizard first.
>>
No. 904090 ID: 2a7417

How strong was the one that burned off her arm? Can she say the words without activating it again?
>>
No. 904091 ID: fd0bee

>I could attempt to use [Mana Manipulation] on her to reroute or repair some of the damage, but I am not sure what that would cause to something that has their mana veins ingrained into their organic bodies.
Probable the same thing that would happen to your organic body if you don't repair the damage. Don't propose any help yet, you got to experiment on your alvaro form before.
If you need to say something just say you can see she is damaged but it might be possible to repair.

Try to mimic the mana configuration that seem to be about to do something, complete interrupted veins to their presumable destinations (probable the palm of your hand) and avoid wasting mana in unnecessary channels. Make sure your target is the same Alice was aiming toward.
Since you are using [Mana Manipulation] don't use the vocal command. It could be bad if that somehow influence your mana veins when you are already casting a spell.
>>
No. 904093 ID: b67388

>>904062
"Your missing arm is interfering with mana flow. I do not think it was healed properly. I am getting very good at Body magic, when I am more experienced would you like me to fix it?"
>>
No. 904102 ID: dbf422

Yes you could.

>>904063
But then all this. It seems like her injury probably caused more harm than apparent. If she wonders how you know and can do this, like most questions it's because you were alone in the woods.
>>
No. 904110 ID: 91ee5f

>>904062
Try to do the same thing she did, only use 2 hands instead of 1, by making a fireball between your palms.
>>
No. 904158 ID: 0c3c2c

>>904062
Do limited repairs on these mana channels to try and discover the danger posed by full scale repairs. Request permission to go further after doing small scale repairs.
>>
No. 904163 ID: c92184

We shouldn't tamper with mana veins but do tell her that her's are messed up. Tell her we can try to fix them but have no idea what that would do or if it would hurt her or even kill her.

Try to copy the spell yourself.
>>
No. 904171 ID: 094652

Explain to Alice that the new ability you acquired from a friend's mother lets you see mana flow. She's having trouble because the amputation threw her mana circulatory system out of whack.

Don't offer to fix it, just tell her the problem so she can get professional help.
>>
No. 904280 ID: afdebc

>I could attempt to use [Mana Manipulation] on her to reroute or repair some of the damage, but I am not sure what that would cause to something that has their mana veins ingrained into their organic bodies.
Might be dangerous for her health. Maybe you should obtain some animal test subjects before attempting to repair Alice?
>>
No. 904281 ID: 91ee5f

>>904280
I agree with this.
>>
No. 904282 ID: b67388

>>904280
Ask her if she knows of any amputated animals in the city.
>>
No. 904353 ID: 7c90bc

Start by trying the same thing, at the same power.

Once you've done so, without saying a thing (cause you never do), take her hand and begin healing the paths. As long as it's not painful she shouldn't panic or likely even react.

Honestly, why try to hide. Now that we know what's up we should probably abandon this pretending and start acting like the inheritor of responsibility for these creatures that we are. Starting to plan on an escape plan for the species might be a good idea.
>>
No. 905425 ID: ea36cf
File 153886769977.png - (136.40KB , 800x600 , 534.png )
905425

I easily copy the spell, [Conjure Fireball], but I feel the efficiency is bad, with part of the spell missing. The other spell I learned from her gives a similar feel.

"I think I could, but I feel as if part of it is..." I motion to her left, "missing."
Alice winces, "ah.. Yeah, I guess something like that." She laughs with a not-happy expression, "The doctors once said it would be a miracle if I could ever cast another spell." She looks at me, "I guess I showed them, huh. While it's not perfect, I can still casts some tier one spells."

"Tier one?"
"Hm, I forget you're new to magic. A simplified explanation is that Tiered Spells are labeled such due to how complex they become. A tier one spell is a simple cast anyone can do. Stuff like being able to Conjure materials from mana, Read the composition of stuff, being able to Update the state of an object, and Destruction of material into mana.
Spells increase in tiers when they start expanding. For example, the full spell for a fireball would start with conjuring the fireball, and then updating the spell to fly in a direction."
She thinks for a bit before continuing, "I guess a tier three spell could add in an additional detonation effect upon hitting something, or a higher tiered spell could use destruction to fuel itself."

The mana in her body has reached her skin now, triggering an enchant in her dress to activate as a small gust of coldness flows onto her.

"I could try to help, if you wish."
"What do you mean?"
"I can manipulate how mana to an extent. With your permission, I could try to assist your spell casting."
"I..."
"Think of it as repaying you for teaching me." I say as I hold her hand, "Try casting fireball again."
"...okay?"

As Alice casts the spell again, I trace her mana, keeping it in from fraying without affecting her body.

--
[Mana Manipulation] has triggered.
Permission to read subject core.

Skills:
Nobility
Dancing
Singing
Magic

Spells:
Heat
Ember
Fireball
Firebolt
Detonation
Explosion
--

It feels as if I could copy these if she applies these abilities, letting me see how the mana flows when she uses them, but with her body as is, they would be inferior or incomplete.

The spell completes, and Alice casts a fireball, hovering above her hand.
It's fire pure and stable, and nearly invisible as the air around us grows in temperature.
"Eh-what?" Alice exclaims as she stops supplying mana, letting the fireball evaporate.
"That's not... I mean, Fireball shouldn't look like that! What did you do?"
>>
No. 905426 ID: 2e0f31

On the contrary, Fireball should look like that and they've been teaching everybody wrong.
Sidestep her question and ask her to dance. That's a skill we can copy, right? Especially if we remain in contact with her as she does it.
>>
No. 905428 ID: 2202fb

>>905425
Fuckit, this went too well, we are going to have to tell her about us to some extent or this is going to just arouse suspicion which could be dangerous.
>>
No. 905429 ID: 93f082

Right. Now that we've seen how the mana should flow to produce the correct results, we can try repairing her body. If we can repair her sufficiently, she should be able to cast other spells correctly, allowing us to learn them.

Repair would mostly consist of opening and closing the mana veins so that mana doesn't exit in wrong places and redirecting it to avoid the damaged mana veins.

Ask her if she would like you to try and repair her damage. Of course, inform her that the procedure may be risky and painful.
>>
No. 905430 ID: fd0bee

Glad to see mana manipulation doesn't hurt.

>>905426
Good point.

Explain to Alice you need to go to the birthday of Silvia Strix Saron, whom you know nothing about, and would like help learning about dance and whatever else you need to do in a party.
>>
No. 905431 ID: 7fb698

So that's how it's supposed to work, I get it now. Looks like the spell is supposed to cause only an 'ignition' effect. That was very impressive, Alice, thank you for showing us.
>>
No. 905432 ID: afdebc

>"That's not... I mean, Fireball shouldn't look like that! What did you do?"
I kept your mana from fraying.

I think Fireball is supposed to look like that. You're just the first person to do it perfectly in a long time.


Any chance you you "tie off" an anti-fraying effect? Something that endures without you having to constantly maintain it?
>>
No. 905434 ID: e3e99e

>>905425
You need all those skills in order to be a proper Magical Girl.

"That is how it is supposed to be. Fire itself is has no color, the color you see depends on what you are burning. This is fire in its purest form; no contaminates, meaning no color.
You don't need to put so much mana into the spell. Before most of your mana was leaking out and getting stuck, but right now I am keeping it from doing that so you do not need nearly as much.

Would you like to try another spell? Perhaps making this fly as per a tier 2 spell?

I can attempt a permanent fix, but would like you to test this thoroughly before you make a decision."
>>
No. 905440 ID: 7fb698

Well, it's what the spell does without sideeffects? I didn't move any mana myself, this is what happens when the mana gets only manipulated by the spell and nothing else? Maybe? Don't be mad, please?
>>
No. 905441 ID: 668ae9

>>905434
Very comprehensive
>>
No. 905451 ID: b67388

>>905425
"This is how it is supposed to look. Everybody else is doing it wrong."
>>
No. 905452 ID: 0c3c2c

>>905425
Politely inform her that nope, that's the correct way to cast it. It's now working as intended.
>>
No. 905457 ID: 7c90bc

So Emils can't fix the damage?

I mean, I guess you could explain what's wrong to her, get her to practice magic with your help since it'll let you learn the magic she's trying to do, even though it would ultimately be a pointless endeavor for her, since her mana channels are damaged.

You could be honest. How much longer are we going to keep up this charade? You aren't like these creatures, you are likely semi immortal and only going to die when the rest of the planet does (a process that's already starting), we could try to... I dunno, do something about it instead of dicking around in rabbold society.
>>
No. 905459 ID: b1b4f3

>>905425
Tell her that was what Fireball looks like without any inefficiency in casting whatsoever. Pure fire without waste. You've been dealing with mana directly for as long as you can remember, so you have a unique perspective-- maybe that's why it looks different.
>>
No. 905469 ID: 977456

Ask permission to copy her Nobility.
>>
No. 905474 ID: fd0bee

>>905457
>You could be honest. How much longer are we going to keep up this charade? You aren't like these creatures, you are likely semi immortal and only going to die when the rest of the planet does (a process that's already starting), we could try to... I dunno, do something about it instead of dicking around in rabbold society.

Alice isn't the right person for this conversation.
The plan was to talk with Victoria after returning from our meeting with Lust, but we didn't get the opportunity to do so in private. Emils was only alone with Victoria when we was following Victoria point of view, so maybe Radian doesn't want that to happen.
>>
No. 905487 ID: c92184

"I manipulated the mana to keep it flowing in the right channels. What you saw is a perfect fireball. I can change the paths of mana in your body to let you do that without my help but I don't know what could go wrong."
>>
No. 905917 ID: ac6625

>>905425
Tell her that you redirected the flow of her mana and "guess" that what she saw as pure flame. A short explanation such as >>905434 . Do try to still keep up the act that we know nothing about magic and simply remind her "it's just a guess".

Then change the subject. Inform her of the birthday you'll be attending. And that you heard there might be dancing. You don't know how to so you would like her to show you.
>>
No. 905936 ID: 2a7417

Can you siphon a portion of her mana as she's casting? As long as it's still more efficient she won't know the difference.
>>
No. 906807 ID: ea36cf
File 153949591738.png - (88.42KB , 800x600 , 535.png )
906807

>>905474
Red eyes seemed to be preoccupied at the time. She seems very busy and has sometimes forgotten or seem to be unreliable in terms of answers for issues in regards to things regarding Dragons.
Perhaps another creature might help, but I doubt any of the so called 'natives' would have a proper idea on the overall situation of the planet.

>>905936
I can't siphon mana away from her body, seemingly tied to her core as far as I can tell.

"I only made sure that your mana followed the right path. Perhaps that's what a fireball spell is supposed to look like?"
"I... I don't know," Alice looks at me pensively, retreating her hand, "I have never heard of something like this, but... I don't feel as exhausted?"
"Yes, I had felt that your spells had been 'leaking' mana across your body. I had reduced the effect of such, but I do not know of any effects of doing so. If you're willing, I can effectively prevent mana from leaking into your body."

Alice answers after a few minuets, but hastily answers me after her returns with a pitcher of water. "Sorry, but this is a hard decision. I can't possibly consent to it without asking my grandfather."

Alice guides me to a gazebo, where the maid pours us cups of water.
I sip at it as Alice gulps, exhaling heavily as the maid wipes off some sweat from her brow.

"So, What can you tell me about Silvia Strix Saron?"
Alice half chokes while drinking another cup, and after coughing, "Wh- what? Why? Do you know him?"
"I was invited to his birthday party."
Alice looks surprised, "Really? That... that's probably his father's doing."
I nod.

"Silvia and I were... betrothed. This happened way back, before we were born, when our fathers fought together in the army." Alice looks at the cup in her hand, "I don't... I don't know."

Alice takes a breath, "When we first met, I was 7 and he was 5. He was kinda cute," she smiled, "Still haven't completely molted his downy feathers," she smiled, "He was hiding behind his father, completely shy."
"Our parents met often, so we in turn had plenty of meetings. He'd watch as I trained magic, and we'd study together.
He was smart, arrogant, but also kinda chivalrous. He'd help me with my magic whenever I struggled."
Her smile strained, "The last time I saw him, was two years ago. I was 10 and was demonstrating my magic abilities to a facilitator to Fuller."
"What's fuller?"
She looks at me, "Fuller is THE magic academy. Built a few weeks travel away, around a dragon's tower. Anything and everything related to magic can be found, founded and researched there."
"Anyways... He was there, with his mother and my parents. I was demonstrating my spells. Things I've learned from my mother and my grandfather. It was going well, but... I can't remember what happened."
She tenses up.
"The only thing I remember after that was waking up in bed. It had been half a year later."
She wipes off her tears, "After I could walk again, I learned that something wrong happened when to me. My spell went out of control. My mother tried to dispel the magic, while my father protected me. They didn't make it.
I haven't seen Silvia since. He refused any invitation and meeting, and all I know of him is though gossip."

"I don't blame him... I killed his mother."
She looks up, eyes closed.
"Please lady Alice, It's not your fault." the maid speaks up from the entrance of the gazebo, "What happened was an accident, and you shouldn't blame yourself for it."

Alice keeps quiet.
>>
No. 906808 ID: 094652

"What was the exact spell the facilitator ordered you to cast? I bet it was meant to turn you into a bomb."
>>
No. 906809 ID: 2e0f31

Tell her you can make sure that never happens again, and the only thing you ask in return is dancing lessons. (While actually extracting further spells and skills during the 'treatment process'.) That should expedite her decision-making process.
>>
No. 906811 ID: b1b4f3

>>906809
We can't promise that. We don't know why it happened. For all we know she fumbled the wording and it wasn't a mana efficiency issue.

>>906807
Tell her all you know is he's focusing very hard on his work. Wouldn't he have said something hurtful if he blamed her? Sounds like she lost more than him anyway, maybe he thinks she's suffered enough to make up for it.
>>
No. 906815 ID: 1872dc

>>906808
Oh yeah, she might have been sabotaged. Even if that's not the case, it was not by choice and she's suffered enough.
>>
No. 906816 ID: 787c3d

Would you like to remember?
>>
No. 906823 ID: 977456

Ask how frequently and in what circumstances do such casting accidents happen? Someone in her household must have looked into the matter.
Query if any... Mana plague? has been reported in the region, or if anyone in attendance had recently been in such a region, or researched the effect.
Enquire if we can take people with us to... birthday parties? and if she would want to be included in that.
>>
No. 906824 ID: 7efe6b

This definitely seems strange. Safety should usually be a priority to expert magicians, and as you said, things were going well. It makes little sense to make a mistake, let alone one with such dire consequences. Do you remember wearing any enchanted items when you were demonstrating?

Also, ask her if she'd like you to say anything to Silvia when you go visit him.
>>
No. 906826 ID: 6f88a4

ABORT, ABORT!!
Change subject ASAP!
>>
No. 906828 ID: ad51b8

...hug?
>>
No. 906831 ID: b67388

>>906807
"Would you like me to talk to him for you?"
>>
No. 906832 ID: e3e99e

>>906807
You copied her spells, right?
"Did the facilitator survive? And did they give you that spell to cast, or was it your own.
My talent with mana extends to an innate understanding of how spells work. I believe the spell you cast was Explosion, but I do not believe you did so wittingly."
>>
No. 906844 ID: 0c3c2c

>>906807
Analyze spells she is capable of casting. Would she even be capable of effectively channeling enough mana to cause such an accident?
>>
No. 906855 ID: 91ee5f

If she was sabotaged, then the question is: Was there anyone that didn’t approve of her being betrothed to Silvia Strix Saron?
>>
No. 906865 ID: 457146

>>906807
that story was very emotional for her.

say something about that sounding like a horribly tragic accident, and she obviously didn't intend for that to happen.
>>
No. 906866 ID: 7efe6b

>asking my grandfather
This seems kinda important. We can't allow her to spread the knowledge of us being able to do what would be supernatural for them.

Apologize and tell her that if she talks to her grandfather about what happened between you two, that you won't be able to help her. Explain that no one knows you can do this, and you only offered to help her since she's your friend. Tell her that it would put you in danger if anyone else knows about your abilities, so if she decides on this, it would have to be her own decision.

Ah might... want to either whisper that to her or tell her when the maid isn't around.
>>
No. 906890 ID: 1872dc

>>906866
I'd prefer not to blackmail or coerce her. If you're worried, you could have Emils tell her to wait to ask and keep them anonymous.

I don't think that's necessary but it's less gross.
>>
No. 906992 ID: 16a3fa

We have too little information on that accident to form conclusions of any kind, so let's keep any speculation to ourselves until we investigate it further apart from Alice, since she basically only knows what she was told about it.
Witness testimonies are too unreliable anyways.
Let's try to cheer her up with some small talk.

Emils, do you still want to eat your classmates?
>>
No. 907007 ID: 787c3d

She might sympathize if you explain to her that, when you were living in a cave, you found signs you believe belonged to your sibling but you got no memory of them.
>>
No. 907102 ID: 7c90bc

Screw it, lets not hide anything anymore, lets go talk to her grandfather, tell him about the damage and solution in details he can't possibly understand. If he doesn't object fix her right there, and if he asks how tell him.
>>
No. 907164 ID: b67388

>>907102
>answer all inquiries as to our true origin with "I'm on a mission from God."
>>
No. 907188 ID: c32f4d

>>905425
We should totally learn to dance
>>
No. 907208 ID: ac6625

>>906828
Yes.

And also tell her that it couldn't have been her fault. Reassure her and all that.

>>906866

Yes, once the maid is away. Convince Alice to keep your abilities a secret. A few points on why it must be kept a secret such as: Certain people would hurt others just to know how to use it. You're afraid of what people might do to you to learn it.

Also, no offense to her but what could her grandfather contribute with a yet unknown power. It's best, for now that she keeps this in utmost secrecy till we perfect it, and perfection takes cautious experimentation. Mention to her that once you master this ability, she will be the first person you will help recover. Promise.
>>
No. 907239 ID: afdebc

>>906807
Emils isn't great with words, a hug is probably the best way to offer comfort.

>"Sorry, but this is a hard decision. I can't possibly consent to it without asking my grandfather."
That is reasonable. Modifying her mana is potentially dangerous and could have long term consequences- she has time to consider things.
>>
No. 907731 ID: ea36cf
File 154011095301.png - (118.21KB , 800x600 , 536.png )
907731

"Do you think it was sabotage?"
"Maybe? My grandfather was the one who took charge of the investigation. He tried his best to keep me safe and away from any news, so I don't know anything official other than it being publicly stated as an accident."

"And what happened to the facilitator?"
"He returned back to Fuller after getting healed. The test naturally had magic barriers in place around me, but it was the shockwave that did most of the damage. He did leave behind an invitation for when I got better... I... Think I still have it."

"I might not know everything in regards to this, but I don't think the issue is that he dislikes you.
You've described him as a smart person, and someone whose close to you. Besides, as children of influential people, perhaps there are other reasons he could not meet with you. He could just even be extremely busy."
"Maybe." Alice sighs, "I just hope he's still the same Silvia I remember."
"Unlikely. People change over time. At best you can only hope that you still find each other's company enjoyable in the end."

The maid seems to be glaring at me.

"In any case, I must insist you keep what we discussed a secret from others. If people know of what I can do, it may not be safe for me."
"I see... I can see how troublesome such abilities can be."

I set down the cup in my hand, "Well, I still have some time to spare, Could you please teach me what to look out for in the upcoming party, and how to dance? I lack the knowledge on proper etiquette of this place."

Alice smiles at me, and takes my hand, "Well I'm more versed on one side, but I can still teach you how to dance."

Attempts to learn the dancing skill though [Mana Manipulation] has failed. It does not seem to be operated though mana, and thus, can not be copied.
However, my ability to learn and move this form does let me learn easily.
---

>Learned Skill:
Dancing - F

>Learned Spell:
Fireball - Conjure a ball of fire

---

>>Emils, do you still want to eat your classmates?
Their unique abilities would be useful.
>>
No. 907736 ID: 2efaad

>>907731
>Their unique abilities would be useful.

but it would come at the price of never seeing them again, even disregarding the risks involved.
i want you to develop 'Empathy'. let's start with something small, you saw alice was distressed during that exchange, describe what you believe she was feeling.
>>
No. 907738 ID: 2348e8

>Their unique abilities would be useful.
That was a yes/no question, though I guess this non-answer grants insight in its own way.

Good luck with your preparations, Emils.
>>
No. 907740 ID: 7efe6b

How do slimes dance?
>>
No. 907742 ID: 080aaf

Before you leave this city, remember to pack as many of those unique abilities as you can for the road. Have you been eating well recently?
After dance lessons, take the guild test.
>>
No. 907744 ID: 094652

>Their unique abilities would be useful.
Eh, you can substitute all their innates with regular spellcasting, and you have the reserves to replicate their powers on a frequent basis. Focus on learning skills from them.
>>
No. 907749 ID: 1872dc

>Their unique abilities would be useful.
Useful how? Against what? Do you feel drawn to a grand destiny, saving the world?
And then, couldn't you get their abilities in other ways? Like, imitation or just getting them to choose to help you? Different people also have different insights that can't be physically taken.

For now, continuing to try to learn, and afterwards telling Alice you'd like to continue meeting her is good. Then I suppose check out the guild.
>>
No. 907754 ID: 0c3c2c

>>907731
Well, we now understand a good deal more about magic. And also magical surgery. We have done well this day.
>>
No. 907768 ID: b67388

>>907731
>Their unique abilities would be useful.
While true, they can also be obtained through non-destructive means. We will also require assistants and subjects if we intend to solve the problem of mana consumption ending life on the planet.
>>
No. 907774 ID: afdebc

>Their unique abilities would be useful.
Sure, but everyone has unique abilities, and what would you do if you ate everyone? There'd be nothing left to interact with, no unique viewpoints left to learn from.

You may as well prioritize the continued existence of persons you find interesting or pleasurable to interact with.
>>
No. 907776 ID: b1b4f3

>>907731
As demonstrated, you can learn those abilities without eating them. Anything mana-related you can copy. Anything that isn't, you can quickly learn by being taught.
>>
No. 908334 ID: c92184

What unique abilities?
>>
No. 908468 ID: ea36cf
File 154066191758.png - (15.38KB , 800x600 , 537.png )
908468

>Replication of spells and abilities
As mentioned before, Spells of these creatures are messy. Inefficient.

Currently I can afford to waste such Mana, substituted with my [Slime Mass] which acts as a battery. I would require to consume mana rich foods if I wish to keep a stock of Mana. Creatures with cores in particular seems the most efficient way to recharge mana, and gain [Slime Mass], but it would have to be fresh, as dead creatures seems to leak mana fast.
The living and freshly killed creatures I've consumed were a lot more filling than the prepared foods and the corpses I consumed before.

>Useful Abilities
The ability to affect a target's gravity would be extremely useful with the increased weight I get in correlation with my increased [Slime Mass]. It might also allow me some form of flight with the wings from the Avaros form.
Healing spells seems to affect my replicated body, and would be a more efficient way to repair any damage, rather than recycling damage parts and refreshing the body. Scars and other external imperfections would be more consistent, since my refreshing of this body would remove any such imperfections.
I would be compatible with Fire and Ice spells, and learning a variability of spells would be potentially valuable.
Body enhancement spells can be useful if I wish to disguise the over-physical abilities I can induce on my forms.

>Dance
As I understand it, it is a social faux-pas to step on ones partner's toes.
I am at least dexterous to avoid such complications, and the potential disastrous situation of crushing body parts with my weight.
>>
No. 908470 ID: ea36cf
File 154066241414.png - (12.22KB , 800x600 , 538.png )
908470

In comparison, spells such as [Warmth] which I can cast in my core is a lot more efficient, where I can direct easily into certain parts of my form. Unfortunately I do not have external abilities to test with if I can cast remotely.
The [Spire] spell itself requires me to have contact with the surface as it is cast, it's durability depending on the material used and how much mana I provide.
The [Fireball] spell becomes more transparent or changes size to an extent the more I focus on it, and more hotter depending on mana.
Both spells instantly dispel when I stop mana, or remove contact with the surface.
With the fireball, it extinguishes when I press it onto a surface.
Any change in the spell requires me to recast it, meaning it can't be changed mid-cast.

The [Warmth] spell, though [Thermoregulation], can be freely changed at any time.

>Guild Test
I can proceed with the test after school, which would eat up the remaining daytime, or go do something else for the rest of the day.
>>
No. 908471 ID: b1b4f3

When was the birthday party? Tomorrow? Day after?

Go do the test.
>>
No. 908476 ID: 787c3d

If we are going to eat any colleague we have to do so in a situation their disappearance is a possibility. The best possibility would be an them hunting monsters outside of the city, but an ambush during a trip could work.
>>
No. 908478 ID: 7efe6b

Hmm, so even perfectly cast Fireball is inefficient... Why? I guess this relates to how the spell can't be properly manipulated and how it instantly dispels. It's like there's something missing.

There's 3 ideas that come to mind:
- The whole concept is wrong. The resulting fireball should be reached in a different way, rather than through a constant supply of mana
- We're missing an underlying skill. Perhaps something like External Thermoregulation, which would give us proper handling of the effect.
- The spell isn't contained. The mana inside a fireball is missing a protective bubble to keep it from constantly dispersing.

We do have Mana Manipulation, so maybe we could try something with that.
Cast a Fireball, but use Mana Manipulation to prevent the mana inside the fireball from dispersing when you break off the supply of mana.
If that doesn't work, then try something different. First build up mana at the point where the Fireball should appear, and then cast Fireball on that point, without sending any mana around.

As for what to do after school, either guild test or finding Silvia's lab is good, tho I'd prefer visiting the lab first.
>>
No. 908479 ID: 83bf07

Test time.
>>
No. 908487 ID: b67388

Test it up my dude. With a longer leash we can freely hunt outside of the city where there are fewer essential personnel and is more privacy.
>>
No. 908511 ID: 75c493

>>908470
Its too soon for the test. We've hardly been in town at all, and even a little questioning will reveal that you haven't been spending every waking moment studying. On top of this, you will be under close scrutiny by professionals during the test. Possibly by another, more in depth appraisal.
>>
No. 908530 ID: 080aaf

Do the test. Make your competitors disappear before they reach the guild to improve your chances of winning.
>>
No. 908543 ID: 1872dc

There's not really a downside to failing the test, right? Might as well.
>>
No. 908592 ID: 5fa661

Is there some way to temporarily seperate and store part of your mass? Dancing might expose your absurd weight to your partner whether or not you step on any toes.
>>
No. 908616 ID: b1b4f3

>>908592
IIRC we can easily dump mass somewhere but it's very inefficient to reclaim it. We haven't done it yet because mass is fuel and Emils isn't dangerously heavy yet, just suspiciously heavy.
>>
No. 909502 ID: ea36cf
File 154132371721.png - (18.99KB , 800x600 , 539.png )
909502

>>908471
The party is held at the end of the week, about three days.

>>908478
Attempting to bubble in the mana results in a fading bubble of depleted mana, that leaks off into the ambient mana.
I can't control depleted mana, and they want to return to the ambient.
Trying to push my influence upon it, I can sense a sort of... pull?
A direction where it wants to go. To return. It's faint, and I can probably triangulate where wants to go if I try again in a further distance apart.

Unfortunately any additional control over the mana breaks the spell, causing a small burst of depleted mana.

>>908592
>>908616

Excess mass can be removed in two ways:
1. Converting Ejecting Slime/Flesh.
2. Compressing Slime into Mana Crystals.

Method 1 allows for a longer storage option, but requires me to consume it to reabsorb the mass. Highly wasteful, but leaves a mana-rich lump of consumable perishable.

Method 2 allows for higher mana capacity, and is a better option with larger volumes of mana. Reabsorbing mana into slime costs less, which is more efficient. The crystals however leak mana into the ambient, meaning I can't store these for long.

Any further testing is requested to be done at the discussion thread.
>>/questdis/108985
End of thread.


Delete post []
Password