[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 563038)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139262075307.png - (76.10KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
563038 No. 563038 ID: 2a1897

As a denizen of the deep cities, you've spent your entire life in a known environment. Everywhere you've ever swam, slept, and lived has long been found, explored, and mapped by countless Mer before you.

In spite of this, or perhaps because of it, you've always been fond of the whole notion of adventuring. As such, much of your free time has been spent wandering and exploring to the best of your abilities. You've never found anything of importance.

But this.

This.

Tubes like this don't just make themselves.
Expand all images
>>
No. 563039 ID: 2a1897
File 139262077550.png - (74.88KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
563039

They were difficult to navigate at first, and you admit you got lost more than once, but amidst the seemingly endless maze of tubes, you finally found something noteworthy.

And godsdamn the climb looked shorter from the bottom.

The trip back down should be easier, at least. You were beginning to worry about how you'd explain to your family that you lost your fishing spear throwing it up a tube.

With one final, wet heave, you climb out of the ruined mouth of the tube.
>>
No. 563040 ID: 2a1897
File 139262081173.png - (104.49KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
563040

What you find in the room above is both more exciting than what you were expecting and more disappointing than what you were hoping for.
>>
No. 563041 ID: a87e3a

>>563040
First, pull off that pole attached to the ceiling. Gotta have something to poke at things with. What's that stuff on the floor to the left? Looks like there's some rope across from you, may as well grab it.

Investigate the oddly-colored wall. Secret door maybe?
>>
No. 563042 ID: 9ddf68

retrieve your fishing spear, you're parents would freak if you lost that thing. then lets go looking around, if nothing else even if we don't find anything exiting we could maybe find something valuable left behind.

What can you see in the room you're in and then we can explore the room to the right of you.
>>
No. 563043 ID: d2995c

Get ye spear, grab the rope, and inspect the weird thing on the floor.
>>
No. 563048 ID: 2a1897
File 139262508390.png - (110.54KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
563048

>Investigate the oddly-colored wall. Secret door maybe?
Regular door, even. It's open.


>First, pull off that pole attached to the ceiling.
>retrieve your fishing spear
Hey, your spear is lodged in a rafter. Neat.

You reach up and give it a good tug. A small chunk of apparently rotten wood comes down with it. Seeing as you're almost certainly underground, you should probably be careful about that.

In any event, it feels good to have your spear back.


>grab the rope
It is so rotten it literally falls apart in your hands. By some fortune, though, roughly three feet of rope has outlasted the rest. You take it, but you doubt it is capable of supporting any significant load.


>inspect the weird thing on the floor.
Looks like a smashed basket or bucket. It's as rotten as everything else in here. There's nothing in it.
>>
No. 563049 ID: a87e3a

>>563048
Let's go down the open passage first then.
>>
No. 563050 ID: 9ddf68

open door first, rotting door second. let's see what we can find in here before we go exploring elsewhere.
>>
No. 563060 ID: 2a1897
File 139263621926.png - (132.15KB , 900x500 , 5.png )
563060

You head through the open door.

...

Those are corpses.

Oh gods, you can smell them.
>>
No. 563061 ID: 256d52

Can you use your spear to grab the thing lying on the ground? Looks like a bag maybe?
>>
No. 563064 ID: 13ef94

Also inspect lower torso... it may have something in its pants.
>>
No. 563073 ID: f562ed

>>563060
oh damn. they must be fresh. There must be another way out. Do those bodies look familiar at all, species wise?

You've just vastly expanded the known size of your world.
>>
No. 563077 ID: e31ca1

Oh. Um. That one looks kind of like it was chopped in half by those poles? Or am I being silly? Perhaps we better start poking the ground where we walk with the spear, first?
>>
No. 563083 ID: 4a75fa

Can you tell how old the corpses are? (Old enough to smell, but not to have rotten away). Can you tell how they died, or what they were?
>>
No. 563085 ID: 505e40

what species do they belong to?
>>
No. 563099 ID: 9ddf68

can you tell what these guys are? and maybe see if you can't get that bag through the bars with your spear.
>>
No. 563368 ID: 2a1897
File 139276781384.png - (146.39KB , 900x500 , 6.png )
563368

>Can you tell how old the corpses are?
You can't really tell how old the corpses are. The blood is dried but there's still flesh on the bones. And, obviously, they smell horrible.

>Can you tell how they died?
>Do those bodies look familiar at all?
They're kinda just.

Corpsey-looking, you guess. All of them are missing their tails, most of their skin, and at least one limb. The body closest to you is missing his(?) upper half. They're all pretty mutilated.

So.

No, none of them look familiar.

You don't think anyone would be able to recognize them anymore.


> Also inspect lower torso... it may have something in its pants.
You'd rather not do this, but.

Eugh. Yep.

There are a few coins in its pockets. They don't look like any coins you've seen before, but they're still gold. You think.

If it is gold, though, it's more money than you make in a week.


>Can you use your spear to grab the thing lying on the ground?
You think, maybe?

You carefully step around the half corpse and try to prod the bag closer to you with your spear.

Moving it closer is a bit of work, what with your spear and arm awkwardly wedged through the bars, but you just.


almost.




alllllllmmoooooooost.
>>
No. 563377 ID: d315b1

>>563368
Duck back into the doorway to avoid that shadow monster thing.
>>
No. 563380 ID: a87e3a

>>563368
Shit, get away from the bars! Whatever killed them is about to kill you too. Let's try the door, don't get greedy. We may be able to pick up a hook or something to attach to the rope so you can collect the pouch that way.
>>
No. 563384 ID: 2a1897
File 139277160878.png - (114.80KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
563384

GODSFUCK one of them is moving!
>>
No. 563385 ID: 53ba34

back up a little and wait for it to reach the bars. then snatch the sword out of it's chest. an apply it to the face.
>>
No. 563387 ID: a87e3a

>>563385
I agree. Let's lure it closer. It might even kick the pouch towards us.

I kinda doubt a fishing spear will work on the undead.
>>
No. 563389 ID: 9ddf68

on the plus side, this explains the dead bodies somewhat. get your spear back on this side of the bars last, it would suck to live through an undead attack only to get killed by your parents because you lost your spear.
>>
No. 563420 ID: d2995c

Watch out for the half-corpse on the floor in case it starts trying to trip you or something.
>>
No. 563444 ID: f4b0d3

continue what you're doing until it's close enough for you to spear it in the skull.
>>
No. 563447 ID: 0b54f4
File 139279317195.png - (175.58KB , 900x500 , 139263621926-ghost.png )
563447

Not an update, sorry for posting an image, everyone, you may return to your daily lives. For those that haven't seen it yet, I've worked some GIMP magic to reveal the shadow-monster thing. Look on the right-hand side of the image, above the corpse.

>>563377
Nice catch, there.
>>
No. 563465 ID: 2a1897
File 139280288255.png - (138.24KB , 900x500 , 8.png )
563465

>back up a little
>get your spear back on this side of the bars
You pull your spear back through the bars and back away as quickly as possible.

The corpse lurches to its feet and slams against the bars between you. It is surprisingly fast, but the bars seem sturdy enough to hold it at bay.

>Watch out for the half-corpse on the floor in case it starts trying to trip you or something.
The half-corpse remains motionless.

>snatch the sword out of it's chest
The undead is struggling against the bars, clawing at the air, and gnashing what remains of its rotten teeth. There's no way you'd be able to grab the sword without getting grabbed, clawed, or bitten.

You begin to hear shuffling movement from elsewhere in the ruins.
>>
No. 563468 ID: f4b0d3

kill it kill it kill it kill it
>>
No. 563469 ID: a87e3a

The shadow wisp thing is in the corpse's head. Stab the head!
>>
No. 563472 ID: 90f62c

Stab through the monster clawed hand and then push it to the side or upwards to keep it away from you. Then pull the sword out of it's torso.
>>
No. 563473 ID: 256d52

If stabbing the head doesn't work, get out of there! It's a dead end.
>>
No. 563489 ID: e9e331

you know if you hear more of these things you might want to leave.
>>
No. 563492 ID: 4a75fa

Might as well try stabbing it in the head. Be good to know if these things can be killed before you run into one without bard to protect you.
>>
No. 563806 ID: 2a1897
File 139307029754.png - (296.69KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
563806

>kill it kill it kill it kill it
>Stab the head!
You thrust at the caged undead.
>>
No. 563807 ID: 2a1897
File 139307034011.png - (132.31KB , 900x500 , 10.png )
563807

The corpse collapses to the ground.

You rip the spear out of the ruined skull and take a moment to catch your breath.

You think it's dead.

Deader.

Whatever.
>>
No. 563808 ID: 256d52

If that movement in the ruins isn't getting any closer, get ye bag.
>>
No. 563810 ID: 04c11b

it appears to be gone now. get that bag by rolling over the corpse with the spear. oh, and also prod its pockets, maybe there's something in them.
>>
No. 563824 ID: 209014

>>563807
and get the sword, a closer ranged weapon can come in handy.
>>
No. 563838 ID: 4a75fa

Wait a minute to see that it's really dead. Maybe it's just faking. How do you know an undead is dead? Poke it with the spear a few times, see if it responds.

...then wipe the rotting brains off your spear onto the corpse.
>>
No. 563853 ID: 9ddf68

do you still hear other sounds coming your way? If so to hell with the petty bag and just check out that door in the other room.
>>
No. 564387 ID: 2a1897
File 139340752261.png - (79.92KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
564387

>Wait a minute to see that it's really dead.
>If that movement in the ruins isn't getting any closer, get ye bag.
The shuffling remains nebulously distant and the corpse remains still, even after several minutes and a few proddings.

You retrieve the bag. It contains a key and a few more coins.

>wipe the rotting brains off your spear onto the corpse.
Done.

>get the sword
>prod its pockets
Sadly, the corpse fell in such a way that getting at either the sword or its pockets is more or less impossible, and you can't get the leverage to move it with the bars in your way.
>>
No. 564389 ID: a87e3a

>>564387
What a shame. Oh well let's go try the door next.
>>
No. 564410 ID: 25dfb7

go back and open the door. try the key if it's locked.
>>
No. 564422 ID: 53915f

well the only other place we can go now is the door in the first room so lets see where that leads. I mean the smart thing to do would to be get back in the well and swim back home but this is turning out to be quit profitable now and this is only the first few rooms. Bet there's something even better deep inside. And besides if things do get to hairy in here we can always just run like mad back to the well and run.
>>
No. 564429 ID: 4a75fa

All right. Time to go back and check the other door, then.
>>
No. 564507 ID: e31ca1

>>564422
You know, that's the kind of sentiment that likely got these fellows slaughtered. You have a few gold coins, am I not right in assuming that's worth quite a lot? Maybe you should quit for now, buy some equipment with that gold, and come back in a few days.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason