[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 638477)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143090282598.png - (11.79KB , 960x560 , 1.png )
638477 No. 638477 ID: 9aa87b

A holdover quest, done with simpler art, to tide my Enemigos over until my Tablet arrives. Let's explore the Other Side together!!!

Let's get something squared away:

Are you a Garakton[, a four-armed warrior,
An Oculot, a cyclopean Esper,
A Floater, a cybernetic flying machine,
or a Skut, a canid collective?
Expand all images
>>
No. 638478 ID: defceb

Skut
>>
No. 638479 ID: a02248

skut
>>
No. 638480 ID: e114bc

Skut.
>>
No. 638481 ID: 2cc14c

Oculot
>>
No. 638482 ID: c58cbf

It's back!!!!
Oculot!!!
>>
No. 638483 ID: de62f4

skut the crap
>>
No. 638486 ID: 064346

Lets be the horde
Skut
>>
No. 638488 ID: c5febc

Oculot so Brom doesn't have to draw a million skuts.
>>
No. 638492 ID: 57d76a

I guess I'm alone in wanting to explore floaterdom?
>>
No. 638493 ID: 7b7ab3

Skut, but if that proves to be too problematic, then oculot.
>>
No. 638494 ID: f461c5

I would think it would be fun to fly as a floater.

But the concept of being your own army is a fairly novel one. I vote skut.
>>
No. 638501 ID: 69db10

Skut skut skut skut skut
>>
No. 638503 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638501
This is now what you think skut sound like when they're running around.
Their little feet just going *skutskutskutskutskut* all over the place.
>>
No. 638505 ID: 396d2a

Skut
>>
No. 638510 ID: 88960e

Floater.

(All the skut votes don't count. You get one vote per person, not per body, you cheating ballot box stuffer!)
>>
No. 638513 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638510
I'VE BEEN DISCOVERED!

This is fun! :)
>>
No. 638514 ID: f5149b

Skut so Brom has to draw a million Skuts.
>>
No. 638516 ID: 9297f4

slut the skut
>>
No. 638517 ID: fbc59e

let's float~
>>
No. 638518 ID: d90668

Skut.
>>
No. 638519 ID: 2a7417

Want Floran- er, Floater, with the ssstabby thing!
>>
No. 638522 ID: 8bd2b1

Floater!
>>
No. 638526 ID: 2e88a5

Floater.
>>
No. 638527 ID: c717e8

Skut scout scoot.
>>
No. 638528 ID: fe4bfc

Voting Skut.
>>
No. 638529 ID: 59bad3

Skut!
>>
No. 638531 ID: 87ba78

Skut.
>>
No. 638532 ID: 31f075

Skut
>>
No. 638536 ID: b283c9

The hivemind says Skut.
>>
No. 638537 ID: 330ce5

Occult, because row row fighting the power!
>>
No. 638539 ID: 39214e

Skut!
>>
No. 638541 ID: 744329

Skut, obviously.
>>
No. 638555 ID: f61b8d

Skut ftw
>>
No. 638557 ID: d3be40

Skut
>>
No. 638561 ID: 55c4cf

Garakton.
>>
No. 638564 ID: 6e79d4

We are legion.
>>
No. 638567 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638564
An adorable legion.

Unless they turn out to be a jerk.
>>
No. 638569 ID: dbe554

Skut!
>>
No. 638570 ID: 9aa87b
File 143093720522.png - (12.70KB , 960x560 , 2.png )
638570

You are a juvenile Skut hive, recently split from its parent swarm and eager to make a name for yourself.

There are few of you, but you have the advantage of one particularly adept body, which is recognized as your Prime.

That body is:

The Harlot, a perfumed stunner with a curvaceous body and strong, child-bearing hips. She is considered highly seductive even to non-skuts, and carries litters to term swiftly and safely. She's capable of speeding up your reproduction rate admirably.
You're more outgoing than the usual Hive, charismatic and confident.

The Crone, one of the oldest skuts in your former hive. The bond your individual bodies have is sure and strengthened, and you retain a measure of maturity and memory from your respected parent swarm. Your skuts function better with fewer members, and even an isolated individual is now capable of limited conversation.
You're measured, wise, and diplomatic.

The Soldier, a powerful, toned beast of a skut, born with a spear in its hand and bred for battle. You're more familiar with combat and tactics than usual, especially for a hive as young as yourself, and the Soldier skut himself could hold his own against a Garakton.
You are brash, hotheaded, and aggressive.
>>
No. 638572 ID: f63e0b

Harlot.

Diplomacy is important!
>>
No. 638573 ID: 2a7417

Skut smash! We are an army of one!
(Vote for soldier)
>>
No. 638575 ID: 94af09

I´m kinda torn between Harlot and Soldier.

Former is always positive, but if we play in the War times the latter might better allow our survival.

But higher birthrate might still helb with the war, so I´ll go with harlot
>>
No. 638576 ID: 744329

Soldier would be nice in the short-term while we're still small, but the strength of the skut is strength in numbers... so Harlot.
>>
No. 638579 ID: ea0ad9

Harlot. We need more Skuts who get along with the other species.
>>
No. 638580 ID: fe4bfc

So many good choices. But I like the sexy diplomacy route so lets go Harlot.
>>
No. 638581 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638570
Either the Harlot or the Crone.

In these times of tenuous peace diplomats and peacemakers are needed more than ever.
>>
No. 638584 ID: 330ce5

Voting for Crone.
>>
No. 638585 ID: 89941a

I'll be a perv and vote harlot.
>>
No. 638586 ID: 9ddf68

crone
>>
No. 638588 ID: dbe554

Harone..

Well Harlot it is then.
>>
No. 638604 ID: 6141de

Definitely Harlot.
>>
No. 638607 ID: 57d76a

I like Crone.
>>
No. 638611 ID: 39214e

I'll say Harlot.
>>
No. 638619 ID: 79940c

Harlot.
>>
No. 638620 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638579
A skut extrovert? We're a walking party!

>>638580
Sexy diplomacy is far superior to regular diplomacy. We can be the face of a bright, new Golboria.
>>
No. 638627 ID: 396d2a

Soldier, maximum hunk
>>
No. 638632 ID: c717e8

I'll go with Harlot, because it seems like it would play more to skut strengths instead of covering what others can do.
>>
No. 638637 ID: d3be40

Harlot
>>
No. 638703 ID: f61b8d

Crone
>>
No. 638710 ID: 69db10

harlot all the way
>>
No. 638725 ID: 6e1234

Crone
>>
No. 638728 ID: cf91e4

Crone because noone would expect it.
>>
No. 638730 ID: e607cd

crone bonus actually sounds super good.
>>
No. 638734 ID: f5ba75

A skut consisting huge warrior skuts please. We've got some conflicts to resolve/initiate.
>>
No. 638735 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638734
>We've got some conflicts to resolve/initiate.

With who?
>>
No. 638749 ID: 3cc055

Who can say no to a Harlot?
>>
No. 638763 ID: f61b8d

>>638734
I'd like to point out that our hive wouldn't be MADE of burly skuts, but rather, we'd have ONE particularly burly skut, and in general we'd be better at tactics.

A side-note; the particular abilities of the Harlot and the Soldier are, in part, specific to that individual - they'd need to be personally present (and therefore more vulnerable) in order to use them. The Crone's abilities, on the other hand, are equally (?) present in all individuals.
>>
No. 638766 ID: c717e8

>>638763

One would assume that, since one option has improved reproduction as a perk, that some spans of time will be involved that a few generations of new skuts will be made and grow to usefulness.

The prime skut, therefore, will presumably increase the incidence of their traits in the skutcloud overall, since they'll be passing on those traits to their kids. Soldier will increase the amount of soldierly skuts and harlot will increase the amount of harloty skuts.
>>
No. 638768 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638763
Perhaps the crone would be a better choice based on ability alone, but personality and story wise I prefer the harlot.

Skut are typically very reclusive and shy, so playing as an extroverted skut is extremely tempting due to sheer novelty. Also, with the state Golboria is in now, a skut breaking cultural stereotypes is a very good thing.

At last that's how I feel.
>>
No. 638769 ID: e2a92b

>>638768
What makes you think thisss takes place in the presssent?
>>
No. 638770 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638769
An assumption on my part.

If I'm wrong, no big deal.
>>
No. 638786 ID: 8086eb

Harlot
>>
No. 638798 ID: 3a1f17

Economy victory!
Harlot!
>>
No. 638804 ID: aa4f94

The friendly face with the numerical advantage.

Harlot.
>>
No. 638806 ID: 9aa87b
File 143099165620.png - (5.40KB , 960x560 , 3a.png )
638806

"Here."
>>
No. 638807 ID: 9aa87b
File 143099166309.png - (5.99KB , 960x560 , 3b.png )
638807

"The island of Shadal," the Oculot says.
His name is Voxen. He's a prince. His voice is soft and low. "Fifty-odd feet below the surface. The creche of the resistance."
>>
No. 638808 ID: 9aa87b
File 143099167991.png - (9.53KB , 960x560 , 3.png )
638808

"You are the boldest Oculot in Golboria," you say. "Or perhaps the dumbest. Or both. It's not mutually exclusive. Revolution against the Kariket."

"We're not looking to change the world," he says. "Just a small piece of it. There are places out there free from his influence already. The Free States. Gataza."

"Gataza is constantly under siege," you say.

"And they defend themselves with free hands," he says. "A shift is on the horizon, madam. In the courts my colleagues question him openly, for the first time in a century or more. And with the implicit support of the Humans."

"The Truce was Tied," you say. "This is a daring claim to make in front of a stranger."

"I dare more," he says. His bodyguard folds her arms. "A daring offer. To link the infant resistance in blood and blood debt to your hive. The cause is just."

"One monarchy replaces the other?"

"I have no interest in rulership," he says. "My home and people are shackled to the genocidal tyrant and the chains have weakened. Our time is now. Your hive is young and displaced. I've heard of Yasku's incursions. You need a home. I'm offering you free, open country. Not his, not the Kariket's, yours. The queen hive of Shadal."

1]] You have my attention.
2]] There is a catch.
3]] You're a fool. It'll never work.
4]] Do you know you're good-looking?
5]] Yasku is no threat. I will chase them from my territory and keep my claim here. I have no need for you.
6]] To win me against the Kariket you'll have to give me more than land.
7]] You need someone disposable to fight your wars for you, don't you, princeling?
8]] ______________
>>
No. 638809 ID: 8d5bde

>>638808
7. then 6. It's always the poor bloody infantry that get the bad parts of a war.
>>
No. 638810 ID: bd8b82

2
there is ALWAYS a catch.
>>
No. 638811 ID: 90b08b

2 and 6. There's more going on here.
>>
No. 638812 ID: d190e3

>>638808
1 and 2.

"You have my attention, but there must be a catch."
>>
No. 638813 ID: 110837

>>638808
"I assume there's a catch."
>>
No. 638814 ID: 3eec4f

>>638812
This. We're interested, but he's clearly not telling us everything.
>>
No. 638816 ID: 149ae7

"Alright, you have my attention. What's the catch?"
>>
No. 638817 ID: 317eec

1, 2.
Our curiosity is piqued, but we err on the side of caution. What aren't you telling us, Vox?
>>
No. 638819 ID: 1ce348

A chance to stick it to the Kariket and chisel out our own territory at the same time?

What's the catch?
>>
No. 638820 ID: bfbb8e

1,2
>>
No. 638822 ID: 9ddf68

>7, 2
if you really want my aid then sale me on the idea, what is it you really want from me, what's the catch
>>
No. 638826 ID: 88960e

1, 2

Interest and skepticism.
>>
No. 638828 ID: 8bd2b1

Don't let him know he's actually got your attention, but he's got your attention.
>>
No. 638833 ID: 7b7ab3

>>638808
1 and 2.

His deal sounds too good to be true. There must be some strings attached. So, while he has our interest, we will not be led down the primrose path.

In short: He has our attention, now what's the catch?
>>
No. 638834 ID: 330ce5

2 and 6.
>>
No. 638837 ID: 2a7417

7, 6. I'll need things such as 'a reason I shouldn't think you're crazy' and 'having an actual plan.'
>>
No. 638844 ID: 7b7ab3

Our bargaining posture is highly dubious.

We are in his base, surrounded by his forces. We are in no position to be making demands, no matter how many bodies we may have available.

Besides, his offer sounds like our best shot at the moment. If this Yasku is a larger, more experienced swarm, then challenging him may not be the best option. If we sign on with Voxen, then that means allies and the possibility of securing our own territory. Facing the Kariket and his forces is no dream come true, but we seem to be between a rock and a hard place. At the very least, with Voxen and his crew, we wouldn't be alone in the struggle.
>>
No. 638853 ID: c717e8

I'd say 2 at least, but phrase it more diplomatically. Like, "are there any particular challenges you think I'd need to be ready for?"
>>
No. 638992 ID: 9aa87b
File 143106661944.png - (9.38KB , 960x560 , 4.png )
638992

>>638844
He is surrounded by you, not the other way around.
His bodyguard is his only retinue.

"You have my interest and my skepticism," you say. "There is a catch."

He shakes his head. "We are far too strapped for allies for there to be a catch, madam. You would be in opposition to the Kariket; surely that is tension enough to unify us."

"That in itself is a monstrous catch."

"It is," he says. "But we all know it is necessity. And with Humanity at our backs and a defensible position, we have a chance. Palms are being crossed with silver and alliances made. We'll have secrecy, for a time. Otherwise I wouldn't dare show my face on the continent. Are you with us?"

1]] I am.
2]] I am not.
3]] I need time to think about it.
4]] First you help me with my Yasku problem. Then I help you with your Kariket.
5]] Why shouldn't I capture you and tell the Kariket everything you told me? I'd be handsomely rewarded.
6]] __________________
>>
No. 638994 ID: 041b05

>>638992
1.

We're strapped for options, and we could use some allies. This deal could be our best shot.
>>
No. 638995 ID: bd8b82

1, let's do this.

besides if things get hairy you can make it look like some of 'your skuts' chicken out and flee to make sure you don't get completely killed.
>>
No. 638996 ID: a24849

1, because why the hell not? Yasku will kill us dead if we go solo, and the Kariket is making everyone miserable. So, why the hell not?
>>
No. 638998 ID: f99772

1.
Voxen is offering supplies, equipment, weapons, and allies that we wouldn't have access to otherwise. I say refusing his offer would be the fool's choice.
>>
No. 639000 ID: a2f4a4

1.

Our swarm needs allies, and Voxen is offering them with the addition of funding and support. The alternative is going solo, which is starting to sound worse and worse. We have more to gain by joining the prince than we would otherwise.
>>
No. 639001 ID: 2bb0d4

1. Down with the Kariket!
>>
No. 639002 ID: d3be40

1.

"We're in. But we will never have blind faith in you. Freedom demands no less."
>>
No. 639003 ID: 745cf2

1.
"Do not make me regret this, Voxen."
>>
No. 639004 ID: b5b419

>>638992
1&6 "I can't imagine fighting him with force of arms at this point of time is a good idea."
>>
No. 639005 ID: 3e4b6c

1.
"Very well. I assume you have something that resembles a plan. Or should I already be worried?"
>>
No. 639015 ID: 7b7ab3

1.

There is much to be gained from this alliance, should we succeed.

Of course, the good prince has a plan, yes?
>>
No. 639020 ID: b663d1

1.
Vive le revolution!

Or however they say it in Golboria.
>>
No. 639023 ID: facf2f

>>638992
1.
but as long as we have the Yasku problem we won't be able to help in full force. make that a priority.
>>
No. 639024 ID: 2a7417

1. You'll be seeing more of us in the future. (Heh. Li'l bit of skut humor.)
>>638995
Everyone in this dimension is reasonably versed in how skuts work. You won't be able to pull the wool over their eye so easily.
>>
No. 639031 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639023
If Voxen's resistance pays off, we should be able to avoid a confrontation with Yasku entirely, and secure ourselves a cozy little territory of our own. "Queen Hive of Shadal" sounds like a pretty good setup.
>>
No. 639043 ID: 8bd2b1

What's our yasku problem?
>>
No. 639061 ID: ea0ad9

1, 4.5.
You have my cooperation, but if the chance to deal with my Yasku problem presents itself, I will be focused on that first.
>>
No. 639096 ID: 9aa87b
File 143112780220.png - (5.44KB , 960x560 , 5.png )
639096

"I am," you say. "Assuming you have something resembling a plan."
"Thank you, madam," he says. "The revolution is in your debt."

"I am the revolution," you say. "A chunk of it, at any rate. You'll be seeing more of me. Skut humor."
"Aha."
"And don't call me Madam. My name is:

________________"
>>
No. 639100 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639096
Seeing as we know so little about Golborian naming conventions, let's just shoot for something we like.

I'd suggest a smooth, sexy name befitting our Prime. Something like Naska or Priva.
>>
No. 639101 ID: bb78f2

Kirsma
>>
No. 639102 ID: e2a92b

Chuu.
Bika, Chuu!
>>
No. 639104 ID: 8086eb

>>639101
Seconding
>>
No. 639107 ID: bd8b82

>>639101
i like it.
>>
No. 639108 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639102
Or we could go the completely adorable route. Either way.

>>639101
Thirding.
>>
No. 639109 ID: 79940c

>>639101
I like that.
>>
No. 639137 ID: 7b7ab3

By the by, Kirsma: very sexy sounding. Appropriate for a harlot.

>>639096
Got a little shoulder action goin' on, there.
>>
No. 639161 ID: 694ee5

>>639024
AHAHAHA, a good funny, yes.

>>639100
I kinda liked Naska, but Kirsma seems to be winning, which is acceptable.
>>
No. 639164 ID: 57d76a

>>639102
Pfffftyes.
>>
No. 639165 ID: f63e0b

>>639102
This!

It makes me smile.
>>
No. 639174 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639161
Thank you, but honestly I prefer Kirsma, too.

It kinda sounds like charisma if you said it really fast, y'know? I think that's appropriate considering the character we chose.
>>
No. 639176 ID: ea0ad9

>>639174
Yeah, that sounds fitting.
>>
No. 639180 ID: a24849

"Kirsma, Queen Swarm of Shadal."

I like the sound of that.
>>
No. 639182 ID: e607cd

Bika Chuu I chose you!
>>
No. 639183 ID: 89941a

>>639102
This seems too funny to not vote for.
Chuu away~
>>
No. 639212 ID: fbc59e

You cannot resist the Krisma!
>>
No. 639227 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639212
It's actually K-i-r-s-m-a, but yes!

You cannot resist! Her sexy, little, red dress commands you!
>>
No. 639269 ID: 9aa87b
File 143122495333.png - (10.40KB , 960x560 , 6.png )
639269

"We will be in touch, Lady Kirsma," Voxen says. "Within the month."
"I look forward," you say.

Voxen bows out of the room.
His bodyguard stalks after him.

Your two guards unfurl a heavy map and lay it out across the table.
Your prime runs her fingers across it.

From miles away, the thought has fizzed across your matrix, perking every ear in the network.
Yasku on the horizon. The eastern rim of your territory, that damn ridge they love so much.
You should knock it down. That would take him down a peg.
But to be hasty in these things is dangerous, especially considering their size.
If Bika had stayed; if you'd had the numbers;
But half of you had wanted to go and half of you had wanted to stay and in true Skut fashion the division grew into a physical one. And the loss of the voices, getting louder and fractious and then fading away, held too tightly so they drained and husked out. It still gnaws at you.
Some days you wonder how she's doing.
Focus:
It might well be time to act. Now that you have recourse and allies and a place to pull out if the heat is too bad.

1]] You know of a Yasku burrow nearby. Moving quickly before he can bring reinforcements, and fighting wisely, you can shift the numbers game into your favor.
2]] Meet with him. Tell him that with this revolution the paradigm is shifting. See if you can get him to let up for the month you have.
3]] Next time he's on that ridge, skirmish with him. Send a message.
4]] Call on Voxen to give you extra muscle. Yasku won't be counting on allies.
5]] Take the month to breed. You need more numbers for the revolt and soon your meager territory won't be an obstacle to growth. It'll be difficult, but you have the stores to hold out for long enough, provided you trust Voxen and a migration really is happening.
6]] _______________
>>
No. 639270 ID: bb78f2

>>639269
6]] Seduce Vasku
>>
No. 639271 ID: 9ddf68

>>639269
>1]] You know of a Yasku burrow nearby. Moving quickly before he can bring reinforcements, and fighting wisely, you can shift the numbers game into your favor.
give yourself some breathing room, we may have new allies now but with that we also have new enemies. Best to set up as many advantages as we can now before the shit storm hits.
>>
No. 639274 ID: 79940c

Oh, hey. We're Bika's sister. Mother. Uh, however the divisions priority works. (I'd think sister since they're both young, and they diverged over a difference of opinion, rather than a nascent desire to start over, or for independence).

Interesting idea, in practice. Skut don't need to think about alternate dimensions where they made a different choice. If a decision is important enough, they literally choose both.

>Some days you wonder how she's doing.
There's no inter-dimension mail service? Phone line?

I wonder if skut 'siblings' could communicate over distance by just trading messenger-drones back and forth from one swarm to the other. Not feasible with a dimensional divide in play here, but.

>what do
Five. You're committed to this, now. You've already committed treason by agreeing to rebellion. You're already dead if you can't trust Voxen. So you might as well trust him.
>>
No. 639275 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639269
>Kirsma is Bika's parent.
DUN DUN DUN!!!

But seriously, 5. It's time to hunker down and prepare for the "Big Leagues". Yasku's nothing compared to the Kariket, and we're going to need a lot more skut to bolster the revolution. Besides, if Voxen pulls through, we're going to be moving into our cozy, new territory soon enough. Yasku can have our old dump if he wants it so badly.
>>
No. 639286 ID: e2a92b

Man, knowing that would have made Chuu even more fitting. Oh well. Go with 1: Divide and conquer.
>>
No. 639298 ID: a9753c

Send a small team to Yasku on recon. Focus on breeding, while your scouting party spends most of the conscious time finding a base to launch an attack on Yasku later; this should allow you to participate in world events while increasing your numbers.
>>
No. 639308 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639298
A scouting party is an excellent idea.

While it keeps a lookout, the rest of us can focus on reproducing.
>>
No. 639466 ID: 933623

5. More numbers, more resources, more capabilities.
>>
No. 639609 ID: 9aa87b
File 143133002143.png - (9.95KB , 960x560 , 7.png )
639609

You get down to the messy business of running a hive, picking out four or five of your numerous libidos fortunate enough to sate themselves with the Prime this evening, with a few other fertile females for good measure.

There are currently 96 of you. By the month's end that number will have broken the triple digits handily, although your Prime's hourglass figure will be compromised for two weeks while the pups gestate.

While that's going on you send a small scouting party out to the ridge and carefully past it, to near the megabeast resonators.

An unnerving discovery:
The resonators, the humming bulwarks against the gargantuan megabeasts that freeroam the continent, have been destroyed. Thick industrial tubes spill out from them like carrion guts, leaking sludgy coolant down the ridge. You don't have the know-how to fix these: Yasku's left your entire hive vulnerable to roving monsters until you lodge the proper reports with who knows who and they send someone into the micro-hive sticks. It could take months.

This was nothing hidden. Yasku wanted you to see this.
He'll deny it to your face, of course. All flattering grins and bows.
Bastard.

1]] Get a delegation to the nearest town, find someone, and convince them to fix this.
2]] Strike back. It's time you did something.
3]] Gird the hive and start emergency prep for the beasts to come.
4]] Open negotiations with him.
5]] Dig his resonator out in the middle of the night and steal it. It'll take a lot of manpower but manpower you have.
6]] _____________
>>
No. 639610 ID: 9ddf68

>1
>3
we're good talkers, so I say play to our strengths. We didn't make more of us just to throw them away in a petty battle. Find help and dig in. We're just playing the waiting game anyways and even if our "allies" don't pull through for us we'll at least have the numbers to really hurt Yasku.
>>
No. 639611 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639609
1 and 3.

Don't panic. Get someone down here to repair that thing as soon as possible, and get the hive ready for what may come.

If he's willing to go this far, I think we're past the point of diplomacy. Yasku wants us gone.
>>
No. 639617 ID: bd8b82

the resonators are everyone's problem, a wild megabeast could come crashing through the weak point.
>>
No. 639618 ID: bd8b82

also, put 5 on the back burner. our resonator doesn't need to be repaired in a way that lasts, just until we get bigger. then we will have more then enough power to not only dig up his resonator but more.
>>
No. 639633 ID: 7b7ab3

Yasku's either crazy or stupid. If a megabeast got inside the defenses, it wouldn't be long before it made it's way to a town. The destruction it could wreak would be catastrophic!

This situation may actually play into our favor. If people see Yasku as a threat to public safety, they'll be more willing to take action against him, making our life far easier.
>>
No. 639636 ID: 9863ec

>>639609
haha 5 would be clever.

you're going to need to do 3 anyhow though, are the beasts tracked? do you know approximately where the nearest ones are? how long do we have?
>>
No. 639657 ID: e2a92b

1 and 3. Mo' allies, mo' problem-solvers!
>>
No. 639692 ID: 7b7ab3

I would also like to point out that Yasku apparently has very poor foresight. Even if he drove us out or eliminated us this very day, he'd still have the busted resonators and a bunch of horrible monsters to deal with. Not to mention the fallout he'd experience when someone found out about his little stunt.
>>
No. 639699 ID: 3a1f17

1 and 3.

I really really want to do 5 but If you thought of it then Yasku thought of it and probably set an ambush. So lets wright up a note asking for help with our monster problem and sent a skut off in the general direction of town. I doubt even a lone skut can fail to deliver a letter if we tape it to his head.
>>
No. 639710 ID: 334db2

I like five. Just be VERY sure he didn't think of it first.
>>
No. 639720 ID: 7b7ab3

I wonder: does Voxen have access to any engineers?

If we can get in contact with him, this may be an opportunity to see if he's serious about helping us. We are a major chunk of the revolution, after all.
>>
No. 639723 ID: b5b419

6) Destroy all your neighbor's resonators except for Yasku's and then team up on him.
>>
No. 639731 ID: d405f0

After being so blatant, he'll be prepared for any aggressive action. Never do what your enemy expects unless you have no other choice. I'd say option 4, but do it in an open way, with observers. As such a sneaky bastard, making such a visible play should catch him off-guard.

Ask, as a neighbor, to borrow repair supplies, just until you can bring in your own. What reasonable person could refuse? If he asks any significant price, act shocked, but polite, at such lack of charity. I'm sure we can get community opinion on our side much more capably than he, as it plays to our social strengths. As a young hive, sympathy should be easy to get, so long as we're not too obvious. Doing it with a visibly pregnant prime could even enhance the effect.

In the meantime, since we want to bring up our numbers, how's our genetic diversity? Are there any other skut clouds nearby who you could borrow or trade a little more gene pool depth from? We might be in worse position to do the same later.
>>
No. 639744 ID: 79940c

>1, 3
The delegation to the town shouldn't be to beg for help.

It should be to apologize, and warn them of the hole in their defenses. A megabeast could run freely across your land, building up momentum, and come crashing into their area before local resonators deterred it! (Play to their interests, not ours. We got social-fu, we can do it).

>6
I want to leave a... going away present for Yasku when we retreat. Trap or poison the territory we leave him somehow. Make him taste the ashes of defeat, crammed down the jaws of victory.

We might want to contract Voxen for this. He has the reach and resources to get us what we need, for that. We can send one last message. We're more than the harlot- we're the fem fatale. Good rep to start a rebellion on. Better than cringing defeat and retreat.
>>
No. 639930 ID: 7b7ab3

>>639744
>I want to leave a... going away present for Yasku when we retreat.
Yeah, something nice and flashy.

Like a bomb.
>>
No. 639986 ID: f461c5

I fail to see how five is not the best answer.

Wait, no.

It is not the best answer because we could be going to the locals and telling them how yasku has endangered us all, but you have a plan to help stop the problem.

Maybe even barter a bit of help while you are at it; its their lives at risk too.

WERK THAT POLITICS.
>>
No. 640007 ID: ea0ad9

>Trap or poison the territory we leave him somehow.
Weren't Skuts immune to just about any poison?
>>
No. 640011 ID: d3be40

1. Send delegations to the nearest three towns. Offer up some of your extra bodies as meatshields, while the local towns offer up some engineers and vehicles. Reason that if the megabeasts plow through the area, you all risk dying.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason