[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 851282)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151311226818.png - (269.95KB , 600x600 , Cover.png )
851282 No. 851282 ID: bd5c42

You're having the dream again.

Sentinel Key is a magical girl action/slice of life quest. It may contain blood, gore, body horror, and mild sexual content.
Expand all images
>>
No. 851283 ID: bd5c42
File 151311231187.png - (271.03KB , 600x600 , Update 1.png )
851283

"Please, please, Key- Hinata, Hinata, please, you don't have to do this."

You feel the fear pounding in your heart as a figure approaches, clothed in blacks and purples. You scramble backwards, but your back hits the wall.

"That's a bit rich, coming from you," she spits, nocking an arrow to her bow. Your hammer is nowhere to be seen. You can feel hot tears spilling down your cheeks.

"Please," you wail, barely coherent. "Please, my daughter- I have a family now, Hinata, you can't- please, I'm sorry-"
>>
No. 851284 ID: bd5c42
File 151311234691.png - (278.15KB , 600x600 , Update 2.png )
851284

The woman's hands are shaking, and you can see that she's crying too. She draws back the bowstring.

"I'm sorry, Natalie," she says. You can hear her trying to keep her voice from shaking. She's failing. "You should have thought about them first."

You know you're about to die. But all you can feel is an intense wave of pity. Pity for an old friend.

You have two options.
[A] Die
[B] Fight
>>
No. 851285 ID: 49ff64

>[A] Die
>>
No. 851286 ID: 3abd97

Die
>>
No. 851287 ID: dc3ea2

Die!
>>
No. 851295 ID: 2fe26a

Ded. Not big surprise.
>>
No. 851298 ID: 3d3972

死ね
>>
No. 851323 ID: 1e7aa8

B: fight back, dream logic her head right off!
>>
No. 851334 ID: be94cc

Death
>>
No. 851342 ID: 094652

[B] You want to live then live
>>
No. 851346 ID: 01134a

B
>>
No. 851349 ID: 9876c4

Expire stage right
>>
No. 851354 ID: d5b450

>>851284
[A] Time to cash in that one way ticket.
>>
No. 851377 ID: e6994f

RIP [A]
>>
No. 851412 ID: c0641d

A: If these shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended:
That you have but slumbered here,
While these visions did appear;
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Mistress, do not reprehend.
If you pardon, you may mend.
>>
No. 851654 ID: de6d84

Guess we'll die
>>
No. 851758 ID: 191af0

[A] Then perish
>>
No. 851786 ID: c9f5a7

[A] Die
>>
No. 851812 ID: 7a8792

Is that bobby hill in a dress and a wig
>>
No. 852439 ID: 90124d

Option C: Anaylze the situation, if this person is within 5 meters of you attack, otherwise take cover.
>>
No. 852499 ID: de6d84

>>851812
THATS MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU
>>
No. 852564 ID: bd5c42
File 151364418188.png - (327.65KB , 600x600 , 3.png )
852564

>[A] (Overwhelmingly)

You can't fight. And what would be the point, if you did?

"I can't fight you, Hinata," you tell her, choking back the sobs. "You know that. I could never hurt you."

"Even when it mattered most," she spits over sobs of her own. "You always were a coward, Magenta."

"I know," you choke. "I'm sorry. I l-"

"Shut up."
>>
No. 852565 ID: bd5c42
File 151364421524.png - (112.36KB , 600x600 , 4.png )
852565

The arrow pierces your chest and
>>
No. 852566 ID: bd5c42
File 151364424915.png - (116.85KB , 600x600 , 5.png )
852566

An alarm shakes me from my sleep. My eyes open, blearily, and immediately register two faces leaning over my bed.

"She lives," one announces bluntly, and it takes me a shamefully long time to register her voice. Brigid Lane. One of my two roommates. Which, by process of elimination, makes the other face Imani Ellison.

I roll over so that my face is buried in my pillow.

"Fuuuuck you," I mutter, still half-asleep. "I'm dead and you two murdered me." I hear a pair of suspicious giggles, then feel a sudden pressure on my back.

"Go get'er, Zo," says Imani softly. "Someone has to wake up our fearless leader."

The feeling of cat paws crawls up my spine as Zoloft takes her seat on top of my head. I groan.

"Fiiiiine." I gingerly remove the cat from my head and roll out of bed.
>>
No. 852568 ID: bd5c42
File 151364429032.png - (134.57KB , 600x600 , 6.png )
852568

"Okay," I mutter, shaking the wrinkles out of my clothes. "What's the deal?"

"It's a demon attack. On the quad near Wilson Hall. Class C. Imani sensed it," Brigid rattles off.

It's kinda tough to make heads or tails of Brigid's demon classification system, but most of the time, I manage. Class C demons are notoriously tough and large, formed from the negative emotions of large groups of people. Given that it's about finals time, I can hazard a guess at what those feelings are. They're also, like all demons, mostly invisible to normal humans.

"It has a few freshmen trapped as hostages," Imani adds before I can say anything. "I'm...not sure how you want to handle this. But you are the one who hears spirits, so..."

I know off the top of my head that Brigid is mostly a big-impact, short-range fighter who can take a lot of punishment. She's the tank of the group, so to speak while Imani is the DPS. She moves fast and has range. Which leaves me as support. I'm fully capable of doing damage, of course, but my powers are pretty uniquely suited to making my teammates stronger.

So, we have one heavy, tough enemy holding several unaware hostages. There are three of us.

How DO I want to handle this?
>>
No. 852569 ID: 60f0cc

go rescue the hostages!
>>
No. 852571 ID: 094652

First up, spy on the demon and get more details on basic weaknesses. You SURE it's finals?

Second, focus on separating the hostages from the enemy force. If you can use stealth to kidnap the hostages before the fight, the rest is easy. Just push the demon away from populated areas and wail on them with pure force.

I doubt there's only one demon. The end of a semester brings a lot of different types of stress out in people; people on the verge of failing or dropping out, couples forced to break up because of location changes, and even a few graduating students who don't have a future career prepared. Having the big dumb guy as the frontal assault is tactics 101 - you need to take out the brains behind this.

Also, why are demons so @#$%ing overt these days? Shouldn't they be busy warping the minds of the Illuminati or something?
>>
No. 852572 ID: 3ce125

Hostages? That means it wants something. What do demons normally want? Also, wait, do people know demons exist? Just how unawares are the hostages? Could you get them to leave the demon's presence without the demon becoming suspicious, by using the intercom or something? That would make it try to find new hostages, and you can intercept it.

If demons can be negotiated with maybe you can just do that to get it to release the hostages. Alternatively... maybe you can lure it away with the object of its ire? Get some test papers or something?

If all of the above won't work then you just need to distract the demon for a moment to give your team time to get between it and the hostages. How good is Imani's range? Could she snipe the demon while Brigid lies in wait nearby, close enough to dash in and shield the hostages from demon attack? Or could Imani move fast enough to get in and act as the meatshield for long enough for Brigid to get there?
>>
No. 852578 ID: 33cbe7

Die(again)
>>
No. 852978 ID: 3abd97

I'm going to assume the first problem is that is the hostages can't see the demon, they may be unaware they're hostages? That makes rescuing them harder, because you can't count on their cooperation.

A second related problem is that is you're visible, but the demon's not, going in spells-a-blazing means the hostages are going to react like you're the threat.

Best plan of action, if possible, it to separate the demon from the hostages, or at least keep it occupied, long enough to get the hostages out of there. Brigid the tank for occupying the demon, and maybe Imani uses her speed to get hostages out. Or maybe you get the hostages out, if your support powers would help civilians (overcoming fear or mind control effects, make them move faster, make them resistant to damage being thrown around). Whoever's not on hostage duty runs interference and backup for Brigid.
>>
No. 853348 ID: bd5c42
File 151396613860.png - (128.28KB , 600x600 , 7.png )
853348

Just a few pieces of background information:

1) Demons are not...sapient in the way that humans are, or the way we are. They have the emotional depth and intelligence of the humans that spawn them, but they largely lack logical intelligence. That's why they lash out at things they perceive to be the source of their distress, rather than work out a constructive solution as a human being might. It's...possible, but difficult to negotiate with a demon.

2) I have no idea what this particular demon's objective is with the hostages. If I'm right and it was born out of finals stress, the goal could be to cancel finals? But there's no way to know without getting closer and observing. The hostages ARE unaware that they're being held hostage, but it will be difficult to separate them from the demon. Demons induce heavy negative feelings by their presence alone. The poor freshmen are probably all having panic attacks. That makes it even more imperative not to upset them further.

3) Imani's a good mid-range fighter, but she's not a sniper. Her range relies pretty heavily on her speed, and her ability to get in and out before her target can respond.

Our team has actually always felt pretty lacking on the sniper front.

Real update coming up later today. Feel free to take the time to strategize further.
>>
No. 853349 ID: 3abd97

>Demons are not...sapient in the way that humans are, or the way we are
So you consider yourself inhuman? Important data point there.
>>
No. 853350 ID: bd5c42
File 151396672375.png - (128.28KB , 600x600 , 7.png )
853350

>>853349
It's complicated. But to dumb things down: No. We're not human, we're Sentinels.

(To specify: We can use magic. We can transform. We aren't susceptible to the emotional effects of demons, and we can see them. And, well. I can hear YOU. So that's something.)
>>
No. 853370 ID: 20c889

I mean, this is probably rough with demons around, but can you calm the situation down somehow to make it weaker? send in tutors or make up news about exams canceled or something.
>>
No. 853838 ID: bd5c42

Sentinel Key now has a disthread here which you can check for a fun excuse about why I haven't done that update: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/119146.html
>>
No. 853839 ID: e5fd8b

You need an excuse to get them out of there.

Like a fire alarm!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason