[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 922379)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3799 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155061975941.png - (252.33KB , 1609x902 , HeartsTitle.png )
922379 No. 922379 ID: 66629a

It's a funny thing living out on the frontier, you can get lost in so many ways, whether it be physically, mentally, looking for gold, or even just lost in the atrocity that humans can cause, you can always find a reason.

After all, many come out here, just to get lost.
30 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 925861 ID: 2202fb

>>925857
neck him
>>
No. 925875 ID: 080aaf

Listen. And pull your hat brim back before you're spotted, cowboy.
>>
No. 926505 ID: ed041d
File 155311420917.png - (10.32KB , 203x128 , Hearts12.png )
926505

You pull back and decide to listen. You hear the bandit talking.

"Get yer asses in gear! Schmidt was a liability and we all know that, you're not in danger!"
>>
No. 926506 ID: ed041d
File 155311429907.png - (47.63KB , 416x347 , Hearts13.png )
926506

"Johnny! Get that Peacemaker moving, we got a bunch more boxes before Mr. Wolfe arrives! We're on a schedule here!"

"Whatever ya say boss."

Wolfe? The hell does the upcoming senator have to do with these guys?

Do you have any actions or theories you want to take?
>>
No. 926514 ID: b1b4f3

Ugh it's the peacemaker again, combat is going to be risky.
Maybe these guys aren't bandits? Maybe the ones that got shot were the lawbreakers?

If you can get one of them alone and pull them away for interrogation, do so. You need to know why they killed someone on your land.
>>
No. 927268 ID: ed041d
File 155353412376.png - (28.04KB , 190x147 , Hearts14.png )
927268

You grab someone walking around the back and drag them over.

"Talk. Now," you say.

Thankfully this fella has never seen a automaton like you, judging from his shocked reaction.

What shall you ask him specifically? You've probably only got a short amount of time before someone notices he's gone missing and gets looking.
>>
No. 927271 ID: b1b4f3

What are they doing here, why did they kill those two men, what's Mr Wolfe got to do with it?
>>
No. 927284 ID: 080aaf

Also, remind him to keep his voice down, or bang.
>>
No. 927406 ID: 2fb5cd

>>927268
Also, "Where are the Cheetos?".
For comedy points or something
>>
No. 927677 ID: ed041d
File 155378768733.png - (58.36KB , 498x379 , Hearts15.png )
927677

>>927271
>>927284
You let go of the man and let him know that if he keeps quiet and explains what's up, he'll get back to work unharmed.

The man starts talking and says that they were hired by Jonah Industries to move their automatons out here as part of a deal to help Senator Wolfe.

Wolfe and Mr. Jonah himself apparently have some plan and it involves moving out here.

You ask about the man that died.

"Jack Schmidt? He was one of Jonah's engineers, he went missing a few weeks ago and took a lot of Mr. Jonah's plans and blueprints, they're out here somewhere. We were tying up a loose end. We didn't know that area was your farmstead."

The man in the station? "Saw too much, rules are rules, we gotta clear out loose ends."

Sounds a bit too convenient, but it's something. Jonah Industries manufactures a lot of fancy new devices. Also supplied weapons to both sides during the Civil War, wonder what they could be planning, and why it involves murder.

What are you going to do next?
>>
No. 927695 ID: 2202fb

>>927677
If this is legit, then you just stumbled on a black site.

...you are probably another loose end now.
>>
No. 927696 ID: 080aaf

If anyone asks, you were never here.
Now, this plan sounds a little crazy, even to me, but why don't we just walk around to the front door and offer Jonah a deal: We dig up his missing blueprints for him, no questions asked, and in return he pays a nominal fee for them, and keeps his men off our gol durn property. Y'hear?
>>
No. 927697 ID: b1b4f3

I don't think there's any way to avoid becoming a loose end, which means we should immediately leave and try to find the plans. Bring those to the authorities and we can take down the entire operation, which will get them off our backs and buy us some peace.

Also knock him the fuck out.
>>
No. 928428 ID: ed041d
File 155421411631.png - (38.62KB , 350x268 , Hearts16.png )
928428

>>927695
You reckon that you need to get out of here very soon.

>>927696
Considering they've shot everyone and probably could've paid off the station guy, you highly doubt that you can bargain your way out of danger.

>>927697
You grip your SAA by the barrel and get ready to strike him, only for a Peacemaker to poke its head around the corner.

"I was stallin', didn't see that coming did ya?"

Good news is that this Peacemaker has hand attachments on, which means it has no long range attacks. Bad news is that these things are reported to have enough hydraulic strength to rip open a steam engine.

What do you do next?
>>
No. 928438 ID: f07f0b

>>928428
Shoot this dude between the eyes point blank and the bullet should go straight through and hit the peacemaker in the face.
Right after pulling the trigger, kick the guy's corpse into the peacemaker before the dude falls down and then back yourself up.
>>
No. 928503 ID: 080aaf

Yeah, I'm sure your boss will give you a big pay raise when you're dead.
>>928438
>>
No. 928564 ID: 2fb5cd

>>928438
this
>>
No. 929107 ID: ed041d
File 155475747548.png - (27.68KB , 643x312 , Hearts17.png )
929107

>>928438
You shoot the bandit right in the face, and go to kick him.

Only to suddenly need to flee.
>>
No. 929108 ID: ed041d
File 155475752429.png - (52.94KB , 374x447 , Hearts18.png )
929108

A wall is broken open and you go running out, you've pissed off the Peacemaker by shooting out on of its eyes with that shot and as good as you are, you don't wanna risk being hit.

So you go running.

Do you run back home to your farm, into town, or somewhere else?
>>
No. 929145 ID: 2202fb

>>929108
Run to the wilderness and camp out for a bit. You dont want them knowing where you live.
>>
No. 929895 ID: ed041d
File 155534726107.png - (158.46KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts19.png )
929895

Realizing you can't afford more peacemakers near your farm, you take a direct path to a forest near the river.
>>
No. 929896 ID: ed041d
File 155534732253.png - (20.56KB , 344x286 , Hearts20.png )
929896

Several hours pass and nobody's come yet, it's getting dark outside, you should probably head home and refuel but you're still good for another several hours.

What will you do?
>>
No. 929931 ID: 688dd6

It seems like we have no stake in this conflict. Do we know what kind of person Senator Wolfe is? Do we have any reason to go mucking about in his business? If we're going to ask around and try and poke our nose where it doesn't belong, we'll most likely have to go somewhere that isn't crawling with Mr. Jonah and the Senator's stooges.

In the meantime, we might as well take care of something:
>you should really invest in some more guns some time.

Collect your savings from wherever you've stashed them, go to Oakwood and buy a rifle or shotgun.
>>
No. 929971 ID: 080aaf

You should invest in a stockpile, a backup location to refuel next time you're on the lam.
That said I think you have no choice but to slink back home if you lack the supplies.
>>
No. 931115 ID: ed041d
File 155620786457.png - (153.47KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts21.png )
931115

You opt to head home and rest, you need to refuel and grab whatever cash you have. You've got a busy day tomorrow if you're stocking up.

>>929931
"What kind of person is Senator Wolfe."

Senator Wolfe is one of those young upstarts who promises great changes to the nations, he's been spending his time putting on a great public image. Reports however say he's a ruthless perfectionist who has driven his own to suicide over their failures. You're not certain what to believe as you only got hearsay and what the news and tabloids say.

You aren't really certain what to believe.
>>
No. 931116 ID: ed041d
File 155620787812.png - (53.33KB , 1030x1071 , Hearts22.png )
931116

> Snakeye rests the night
>>
No. 931117 ID: ed041d
File 155620796750.png - (154.31KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts23.png )
931117

With your tanks topped up, you head off to Oakwood, it's a shorter walk and your little special project still isn't ready yet. You've got to get the parts for it.

You grab about 25 dollars from your stash at home and you now have 33 dollars on hand. Hopefully that'll be enough to get what you need.
>>
No. 931119 ID: ed041d
File 155620825151.png - (145.57KB , 1088x884 , Hearts24.png )
931119

You enter the main road of Oakwood, represented by a map you've been sketching to keep track. There are only really several notable locations in town you can think of.

The William T Auto store, selling parts for automatons and auto-carraiges, the parts here are a fair price and it should have the last few bits you need.

the Wayne Brothers Company Firearms store, selling every gun they got available. Be careful as the store owner can be testy at times, especially since he doesn't know what the hell you properly are.

Chet's General Store, if it's not a gun or a piece of machinery it can be sold here. Chet's a decent fellow.

the Jonah Industries local office, self explanatory, avoid like the plague considering yesterday.

The Bank, you think you might have a account there, you haven't been keeping track as the tellers keep asking you what it's like to be a automaton.

Sunny's Saloon, good gal that Sunny, always keeps a spare bottle of good scotch for a decent price for you.

Watering Hole.

The Town Hall, run by Mayor White, you're fairly certain he's probably not on your side.

Sheriff Black's office, Black doesn't like you but he's a reasonable fellow and at least listens to you about troubles. Stern but fair.

Where do you head first?
>>
No. 931121 ID: 8dbfc2

Head to the gun store. You've got a few things to do and might as well get some proper protection to do them with. Then it's off to the auto store for the parts, and you should at least inform the sheriff of the goings on before you leave.
>>
No. 931164 ID: 2202fb

>>931119
Get a full-auto longarm if they are available and the highest caliber non-recoilless rifle you can handle along with as much ammo as you can.

Get a crate or two of burlap sacks to be used as sandbags. A shovel too, if you need one. If you dont have easy access to trees, get some wood as well to be used for holding up dirt ramparts.

Also check out any compatible modifications or parts for your body.
>>
No. 931165 ID: 2202fb

>>931119
Also, get a mag-fed 20mm pump grenade launcher.

As I said before (>>923034), they can hold anything: from shells with the standard grenades, shot, buckshot, slugs, flechette, and tri-balls to more exotic shells with things like high-explosive rounds, glass, gas, smoke, flares, napalm, and thermite.
>>
No. 931166 ID: 688dd6

Jesus Christ, you nutters. It's a Western adventure, don't try to live out your paramilitary wet dreams here. A simple lever action rifle will be fine.
>>
No. 931171 ID: 0fae41

Bank first, then gun store. There tend to be unfortunate misunderstandings if you mix the order up.
>>
No. 931390 ID: 2202fb

>>931166
oof, you know, that grenade launcher i was thinking of was from fallout new vegas which is a similar setting.

While i used some lingo, i didnt suggest anything ridiculous. Gatling guns and elephant guns would both fit the bill.
>>
No. 931819 ID: ed041d
File 155689357461.png - (147.61KB , 1088x884 , Hearts25.png )
931819

> Overwhelming vote is to go to the gun store
> One vote brings up a good point about visiting the bank, more money doesn't hurt

> Snakeye heads to the bank
>>
No. 931820 ID: ed041d
File 155689376704.png - (89.67KB , 863x398 , Hearts26.png )
931820

You enter the bank and look about, seems they finally painted the walls a pale green colour, there is a single woman at the Kiosk, oh great is Janice.

"Hello Snakeye! Welcome back, how can we help you today-"

Sure Janice seems fine but wait for it

"-Or are you here to finally answer some questions? I got a lot about you being a automaton, nobody's seen one so human like you before! You have to have something!"

That's the reason you don't like coming here, if you knew anything you'd probably be happy to help but as far as you can tell you're a automaton who was dumped out here about 2 years ago, which Janice already knows.

You could just check your account, maybe BS Janice, or you could attempt a stickup to get her to finally shut up and maybe get some extra cash.

Not like the sidearms that the sheriff and his boys carry will do much to you, they've tried.

You generally dislike causing trouble but it's a option.
>>
No. 931840 ID: 0fae41

We really don't have time for more questions or answers for 'em, Janice, I'd just like to withdraw anything I've got in the bank.
>>
No. 931854 ID: 688dd6

Let's stick to good karma for now. Withdraw what you've got in the bank and go shopping. Who knows, maybe pursuing this intrigue will somehow lead you to answers about yourself?
>>
No. 932186 ID: 509e5e

Keep your gun holstered and stay sharp.
>>
No. 932473 ID: ed041d
File 155750313967.png - (66.65KB , 451x596 , Hearts27.png )
932473

You keep your gun holstered and just ask for your money.

"You currently have 231 dollars in your account, are you certain you want to pull out all of it?"

It's a fair point, the bank here is relatively safe and you may risk your cash at some points, it is made of paper and burns. Do you want to pull it out now or only a set amount?
>>
No. 932496 ID: 0fae41

All but one dollar, I guess. Don't want to completely close out your account yet.
>>
No. 932993 ID: ed041d
File 155801873055.png - (151.44KB , 1088x884 , Hearts28.png )
932993

> Snakeye deducts 230 dollars.

With that out of the way, you head to the next stop, Wayne Brothers Firearms.
>>
No. 932995 ID: ed041d
File 155801924617.png - (73.60KB , 814x425 , Hearts29.png )
932995

You step inside and see Jayne sitting there, Jayne is the current storeowner, a fella from out East, you don't hate him, but it's pretty clear at times he doesn't like you.

"Hello Amadeus."

Oh yeah you also forgot to mention that the only thing you can remember is that your name is Amadeus for some reason... There's a reason you prefer being called Snakeye.

"What do you have in stock today Jayne?"

Jayne just gives you a look and proceeds to list the current inventory and their prices.

Colt Lever Action - $70
Winchester Pump Shotgun - Special deal $55
Wayne Navy Revolver - $60
Colt Semi-Auto Pistol - $45

And some new items thanks to the Jonah Offices.

Jonah Repeating Rifle - $80
Jonah Auto Gun - $90

Pistol ammo - $5 a box
Rifle Ammo - $10 a box
Shotgun ammo - $7 a box

You'd like to buy a lot of guns but you still need to save money for your parts from the auto-store, that little project of yours ain't cheap and any modifications for automatons would be naturally expensive. So you're gonna have to play smart with your money.
>>
No. 933068 ID: 094652

Buy either the shotgun or the auto-rifle, and the required ammo X2. You're going to need firepower since you don't have a posse.
>>
No. 933083 ID: acdd32

>>932995
take a look at the jonah arms and the shotgun. Auto may not mean what we think it means.

Take a look at what kinds of shotgun shells and rifle rounds they have.
>>
No. 933328 ID: 0fae41

The shotgun is ideal for home defense. Make those varmints git off your lawn!
Get 3 boxes of pistol ammo and shotgun ammo each. That should keep you for a long while.
>>
No. 933742 ID: ed041d
File 155857500054.png - (84.24KB , 827x659 , Hearts30.png )
933742

You ask to see the Jonah guns, just to get a idea.

The Repeating Rifle holds a small box like magazine of 9 rounds and is rather long, while the auto gun fires pistol rounds and holds a curved magazine of 20 rounds.

Do you wish to purchase either of these or stick with the shotgun?
>>
No. 933762 ID: 9876c4

From my perspective, you can get a lot done with a single-action and a shotgun. 12 shots without reloading.

Getting a shell carrier and sling probably wouldn't break the bank too bad.
>>
No. 933771 ID: 2202fb

>>932995
Do they have the shotgun featured in their sign? If so, can we see that?
>>
No. 934208 ID: ed041d
File 155900001349.png - (31.92KB , 511x228 , Hearts31.png )
934208

Jayne brings out the shotgun, "Here it is. Winchester Pump Shotgun, 10 gauge model. On sale."

10 gauge, sounds like it'd be trouble.

Any other guns you wanna check out or have you made your decision?
>>
No. 934210 ID: 422cea

Shotgun and 2 boxes of shells. That's one purty looking doorbuster there.
>>
No. 934216 ID: 189b8c

>>934208
Trouble? How so? Are you not equipped to deal with ungodly recoil?
>>
No. 934223 ID: 9876c4

Is that not a bayonet lug, and can we afford a bayonet?
>>
No. 934304 ID: 094652

That's a lot of heat dispersal holes for a pump-action shotgun. BUY IT.
>>
No. 934626 ID: ed041d
File 155941988988.png - (17.90KB , 183x181 , Hearts32.png )
934626

> Overwhelming vote is Shotgun

You buy the shotgun, spending 69 dollars and bringing your current cash on hand down to 194 dollars.
>>
No. 934627 ID: ed041d
File 155941989660.png - (152.93KB , 1088x884 , Hearts33.png )
934627

With gun shopping out of the way you head over to the William T Auto Store.
>>
No. 934628 ID: ed041d
File 155942004171.png - (25.31KB , 362x263 , Hearts34.png )
934628

The inside is a rusted orange and smells of oil, you see the current mechanic Mensah looking over a engine.

He's a good guy and you get along with him fine, but the a number of people in town look at him funny. You don't see why as the guy does good work and always makes sure the prices are fair.

"Hey Amadeus," he says noticing you, "What brings you to the store?"

You want to correct him about using your proper name but you've got more important concerns at the moment.
>>
No. 934709 ID: 0fae41

>194 dollars
Nice.
You, the illustrious Snakeye, require components for a confidential project.
>>
No. 935319 ID: ed041d
File 156018739250.png - (42.41KB , 498x300 , Hearts35.png )
935319

You prefer not to be rude so you just remind Mensah to call you by your nickname.

"Well, you here for the parts?"

Of course, you just need a few more bits and then your little project back at the farm is good to go.

"Before we go over the dealings and such, I gotta ask... Someone saw you out by the train station yesterday but you never went back through town back to your farm. What happened?"

Oh, do you tell him the truth or do you construct a lie? Mensah is a good person and you don't wanna risk getting him involved, but he would be helpful to have on hand if he knew.

You could also explain it in such a way that makes it clear it's a bad idea to get involved.

What do you do?
>>
No. 935328 ID: 7c1196

>>935319
"I saw something I shouldn't have. Lets leave it at that."
>>
No. 935343 ID: 0fae41

You had to see a man about a horse in a town with no name.
>>
No. 935456 ID: 9876c4

Something's brewing. You don't want to get involved, trust me.
>>
No. 936217 ID: ed041d
File 156082104810.png - (10.73KB , 100x155 , Hearts36.png )
936217

> You tell Mensah that it's not safe and he shouldn't get involved.

Mensah eyes you suspiciously, "Okay, one last question then. Will you be telling sheriff Black then?"

Sorry for the short update, was out of proper ideas and needed to continue
>>
No. 936243 ID: 0fae41

Absolutely. Definitely. I'm going to go do that right now in fact, when I am done here. For sure.
>>
No. 936255 ID: 9876c4

That was the plan.

Something I should know first?
>>
No. 936283 ID: 094652

"You tell him."
>>
No. 937184 ID: ed041d
File 156147183768.png - (23.35KB , 347x211 , Hearts37.png )
937184

You assure Mensah that you will inform the sheriff, don't worry.

"Good, cause if you found trouble I don't wanna have it running through here without anyone else knowing."

You ask for the parts and Mensah hands over the last few bits, one of which is a small metal plug, you pay 50 dollars for the parts and thank Mensah, before leaving.
>>
No. 937185 ID: ed041d
File 156147186920.png - (152.47KB , 1088x884 , Hearts38.png )
937185

> Snakeye travels to the Sheriff's office
>>
No. 937186 ID: ed041d
File 156147199294.png - (24.51KB , 240x241 , Hearts39.png )
937186

As you step through the door your met with the face of Sheriff Black.

"Howdy Snakeye, what brings you by here?" he asks in a accusing tone.

Sheriff Black used to be Deputy Black, until the last Sheriff died trying to stop a attack on Oakwood. He's a bit new to all this but he's a good person even if his level of trust for you is more based on suspicion more than anything.

You also think he may blame you for the loss of Sheriff Roland last year since you helped fend the attack on town off.

How do you want to break the news of what's going on?
>>
No. 937192 ID: 9876c4

Jonah Industries is making a move out this way. Killed two in the vicinity of the town, maybe more.
They got guns, mechs, and they're well-funded. What're you planning to do?

Let's not drag the Senator into it for now.
>>
No. 938166 ID: ed041d
File 156225228339.png - (28.49KB , 331x247 , Hearts40.png )
938166

> You tell Black about what Jonah Industries is doing

"Those are some serious claims there, I can't rightly just believe them considering that Jonah is also bringing industry and economy to this town. Got any evidence you can provide?"

Do you have anything to prove your statement?
>>
No. 938174 ID: 7c1196

>>938166
They probably already cleaned up the bodies, so probably not at the moment, however we may be on a hit-list so if anything happens to us, they are probably to blame.
>>
No. 938191 ID: 9876c4

You can show him the note.

Also, I'm not blind. Those heavy mechs are distinctive, and hard to mistake.
For what it's worth, we don't know if local management is involved. But someone at Jonah is.
>>
No. 938826 ID: ed041d
File 156285912783.png - (14.83KB , 169x141 , Hearts41.png )
938826

You hand Black the bloody note. He whistles, "This is pretty damning, it's enough to at least start investigating..."

You also bring up the distinctive Heavy Automatons of Jonah Industries.

"This is true, that stuff is closely guarded... I'll look into it, I'll have a telegram sent to the Governer's office for a warrant. For now, if you are in trouble, you may want to get yourself a posse sometime soon. Check out Sunny's place for some folk, some are always looking for work."

You thank him for what he can do.

Anything left you want to say or will you get moving, and if so, where?

Only one picture for the update this week, got a new job so less time on hand.
>>
No. 938927 ID: 9876c4

Future decisions should be made with a focus on surviving the week.

I'd rather not lose the farm, but I'd also rather not buy the farm.
Maybe we should rent ourselves a lookout.
>>
No. 939833 ID: ed041d
File 156371737010.png - (24.58KB , 337x281 , Hearts42.png )
939833

"Lookout huh? Ya might want to check out Sunny's Saloon, of course they may not be able to keep up with ya and yer lack of sleep."

You want to correct Black about the need for sleep as you can rest and find yourself more alert that way, but arguing about that will get you nowhere.

Do you head over to the Saloon?
>>
No. 939847 ID: 9876c4

I think we should! Who's with me?
>>
No. 939976 ID: 0fae41

Eh, not really. Our concern right now is avoiding retaliation from Jonah's goons, forming a posse to go stir up more trouble is going to invite it. Are we paranoid enough to hire a guard? Or should we just go home, batten down the hatches, and work on our project some more?
>>
No. 939977 ID: 094652

Saloon. See if you can get a bounty there.
>>
No. 940051 ID: 7cc158

Saloons are always a great place to be.
>>
No. 940927 ID: ed041d
File 156450932209.png - (52.30KB , 640x252 , Hearts43.png )
940927

You step into the Saloon, it's rather somber and empty today, you see what looks to be a gunslinger sitting at one table nursing a beer, a cloaked figure at another munching on some peanuts, Sunny behind the bar, ironically not being sunny, and finally a white coat sitting at the bar contemplating something.

You have a few options and any of these could lead into some assistance, who do you want to go talk to?
>>
No. 940933 ID: 9876c4

We need to talk to everyone, find ourselves a good pair of eyes and ears.

Let's start with the white coat, because why not?
>>
No. 941570 ID: ed041d
File 156509711763.png - (36.23KB , 396x264 , Hearts44.png )
941570

You sit down next to the white coat and notice he's not drinking anything, just mumbling to himself.

"Howdy," you say.

He looks over, "Oh, Snakeye right? You're the automaton."

Yes you are the automaton, you ask why the man is here.

"I lost my job recently, been working on a project."

Where did he work?

"I worked for Jonah Industries, was working on a new automaton project. The name is Alfred Smith, and I just got fired."

Well then, shall we continue with this line of dialogue or see about anyone else?
>>
No. 941586 ID: 0fae41

Really. Sounds like you got off fairly lucky if they let you go alive. What kinda robotics?
>>
No. 941593 ID: 9876c4

No harm in learning more.

Does he want to find his way back into their good graces, or was this more of a permanent split?
>>
No. 942507 ID: ed041d
File 156574702070.png - (22.74KB , 210x192 , Hearts45.png )
942507

You ask further about the loss of his job and whether or not this was permanent.

"I was working on a new human automaton project, something meant to better fit into small spaces and shoot accurately but apparently the higher ups didn't like that. Said something about... "stepping too far into Mr. Jonah's territory" or some nonsense like that. So I lost my job, my only prototype is here in town at my place, just missing a few parts."

That sounds helpful, you bring up how lucky he was not to be shot.

"Huh? What?"

You realize that maybe Jonah Industries doesn't shoot everyone they deal with.
>>
No. 942518 ID: 9876c4

Define 'a few parts'.

We might be willing to be a benefactor, and provide a field test besides. But you could be putting your rehirability at risk.

Nothing illegal, but danger is likely.
>>
No. 942750 ID: 997f7c

Ask him what parts he needs. If we make a posse, it would be dope for it to be full automaton.
>>
No. 943246 ID: ed041d
File 156643613544.png - (23.36KB , 282x189 , Hearts46.png )
943246

You ask what Alfred needs, sounds like another automaton on hand would be helpful.

"Most of the parts are cheap thanks to the automaton industry the company built, however what I need is a Union Grade photonic receptor array."

He means a camera eye, often found in Peacemakers and other security and military type automatons.

"Get me one of those and I can make it work with the machine man easily."

Question is where you would find it, and not risk getting a arm torn off.
>>
No. 943265 ID: 9876c4

Seems like the kind of thing they might send to silence a loose end like us.

This guy seems pretty smart, but I don't know about his Alertness.
>>
No. 943676 ID: ed041d
File 156691034684.png - (10.47KB , 273x123 , Hearts47.png )
943676

You ask Alfred where you'd even find those cameras hypothetically.

"Well there's a big shipment of parts from Jonah HQ out East coming in today, if one were to sneak on the train and grab a crate of spare Peacemaker parts, that'd be more than enough really."

Sounds like trouble.

Do you wish to continue with this or talk to the others around?
>>
No. 943678 ID: 9876c4

If someone else wishes to be the voice of reason, do so.

I will never vote against a train wobbery.
>>
No. 943744 ID: b1b4f3

Well it's either that or try to take down the peacemaker bruiser and salvage an eye off it.
...wait, what about one of your own eyes? Do you need both?
>>
No. 944105 ID: ed041d
File 156738105327.png - (21.07KB , 208x169 , Hearts48.png )
944105

>>943744

What kind of question is that? Of course you need both eyes, how else do you gauge distances from objects? Depth Perception is a very useful thing to have.

That and you only got so many spare parts for your eyes left.

You certain you want to do the train heist?
>>
No. 944195 ID: 9876c4

Again, I can't in good conscience vote against it.
>>
No. 944832 ID: ed041d
File 156820695477.png - (144.68KB , 1088x884 , Hearts49.png )
944832

You agree to help Alfred and he marks where he's currently staying on your map of Oakwood.
>>
No. 944833 ID: ed041d
File 156820702782.png - (151.48KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts50.png )
944833

Since you are going on a train heist, you'll need to scout out the location and see what's up. You head to the train station and find yourself a nice hill to observe the location.
>>
No. 944834 ID: ed041d
File 156820708318.png - (14.13KB , 310x180 , Hearts51.png )
944834

The train is currently inactive and doesn't seem to have any guards, it seems too easy, especially with it being a Jonah Industries train.

Either they're getting ready to get moving, or they're confident.

What do you want to do? What do you plan to do?
>>
No. 944873 ID: 9876c4

...or It's a trap.

Let's do this quiet, and try not to shoot anyone. Inspect the area, see if there's some hay or coal you can set on fire.

Then sneak in and nick what you came for.

I don't know if a disthread would get more responses, but it probably wouldn't hurt? Who doesn't like robot cowboys, anyway?
>>
No. 944875 ID: b1b4f3

Usually a train heist happens when it's moving on the track. Can't put guards outside a moving train after all...

Unfortunately the train is already here. Also we don't know which car the cameras are in. Got a telescope? Zoom lens in your eyes maybe? We gotta gather some data from a distance, see where the guards are and what cars are likely to carry the goods.
30 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason