[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 833866)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150688521795.png - (233.66KB , 1195x812 , Chapter 8 Title Card.png )
833866 No. 833866 ID: 8a947d

Hold my hand
Ooh, baby, it's a long way down to the bottom of the river
Hold my hand
Ooh, baby, it's a long way down, a long way down
If you get sleep or if you get none
The cock's gonna call in the morning, baby
Check the cupboard for your daddy's gun
Red sun rises like an early warning
The Lord's gonna come for your first born son
His hair's on fire and his heart is burning
So go to the river where the water runs
Wash him deep where the tides are turning

Expand all images
>>
No. 833868 ID: 8a947d
File 150688537584.png - (66.95KB , 1212x826 , A Nightmare.png )
833868

It's cold outside. The wind hurts your skin. You can barely move. You hear a voice coming from above you.

???: What do you hate the most ?
>>
No. 833872 ID: 3583d1

The fact that we are alone. We don't have anyone with us to help or to lift our burden. We wish for companions for a family. We wish for a better world, where no one must be alone, a world of light and happiness.
>>
No. 833874 ID: 3abd97

>What do you hate the most ?
Do we gotta focus on the negative? I'm trying to make things better.
>>
No. 833875 ID: be0718

Steve.
>>
No. 833876 ID: 69b930

>>833874
If to not hate is an option, I'll take that.

But from what we've seen of Gallows's own behavior, he does hate the Church quite a lot.

So, what do we hate most? The ones that tore Athmoor apart. But that does not mean we will let that hate drive us. To fix the world is our own goal, and we work towards it for the betterment of all. Not simply to spite the Church.
>>
No. 833877 ID: 8d4593

The traitorous false gods of the Regent Church.
>>
No. 833878 ID: efcc58

>>833868
Pain.
>>
No. 833880 ID: 9b80a5

all these ominous sudo-prophetic dreams :3
>>
No. 833881 ID: 91ee5f

>>833868
>What do you hate the most?
The ones that took advantage of Athmoor's generosity!

They kept asking for things from him and he kept giving to them, never asking for anything in return, until they eventually tore him apart!
>>
No. 833885 ID: 8a947d
File 150689011180.png - (72.85KB , 1212x826 , A Nightmare 2.png )
833885

You: To be honest ? These weird dreams are starting to get on my nerves, but really without a doubt I hate the Regent Church, I hate the laws they enforce, and I hate the false gods they worship

???: A truthful answer. They tried to hang you when you were only 8 years old after all, there's no doubt you wouldn't die right away your little body would be too light to break your neck and you'd just hang there slowly suffocating while the church claimed it was for the best.

You: ...Gee, thanks for that.

???: Not to mention the eye they took from you, a constant physical reminder that they'll just keep taking and taking. You do want to restart the world because of the church after all, right ? sure it's also been devastated to a point that even a single tree takes a large amount of effort to grow, but you don't care about that. You just want the church gone.

???: I guess either way it'll work itself out, besides if you don't do it then who else will ?
>>
No. 833886 ID: 8a947d
File 150689039958.png - (130.74KB , 1212x826 , Awake.png )
833886

If you don't do it, who else will ?

You wake up from another weird dream. You've been having more and more since you started doing this, you hope it's not stress related. You never remember anything from them except that you really hate some guy named Steve.

Somebody's knocking on your door.

Yormi: Hello? Gallows? It's Yormi from the shop Burqel told me to wake you up. He's in the conference, he wants you to meet him soon.

Yormi: Oh and sorry for almost killing you yesterday!
>>
No. 833889 ID: 8d4593

Hmm. But you do care about bringing life back. It's the important part. The Church is just in the way, and also happens to be full of dicks that are really easy to hate.

Creepy dream. It's almost like something is trying to manipulate you.

But enough of that. Get to the conference. Maybe finally we can meet this Castle fellow.
>>
No. 833890 ID: 91ee5f

>>833886
Hey, Roland, you fell asleep with the Azurite in your hand, right? Check and make sure you didn't drop it off the side of the bed or something!

>Oh and sorry for almost killing you yesterday!
"Don't worry about it!"
>>
No. 833891 ID: 13fded

Hello Yormi. I suppose I haven't properly introduced myself. Roland Gallows Conroy here.
I hope to see yours and Burqel's unique skills again. Hopefully not against me.
>>
No. 833898 ID: 8a947d
File 150689427516.png - (203.85KB , 1082x788 , Castle.png )
833898

You wander through the den of the breakroom, Troy's playing the arcade cabinet by the front door, there's a cat on his shoulder did he pick up a stray yesterday ? Issei and Uma are talking at the front counter, Issei's ordered an even taller stack of strawberry pancakes today.

You wander further down the hallways following the signs as best as you can until you find the conference room. Burqel and another large bearded man are inside.

Burqel: Morning Gallows, this is Castle the pointman of the pagan firesquad we run from here. Castle the New Olmec pagans have sent Gallows here on important business to see you.

Castle: Have ya know ? Well it's a pleasure to meet ya Gallows, what d'ya need to see me for now ?
>>
No. 833899 ID: 9b80a5

realize you forgot your neckerchief and have to go back after the meeting
>>
No. 833901 ID: efcc58

>>833898
Pull out the MacGuffin. Ignore the art error.
>>
No. 833902 ID: 3ce125

Tell him your mission.
>>
No. 833904 ID: 11a5e6

Show him the azurite, I want to fix the world.
>>
No. 833906 ID: 91ee5f

>>833898
>Troy's playing the arcade cabinet by the front door
Oh no! Your high score is in danger!

>there's a cat on his shoulder did he pick up a stray yesterday?
Oh? I thought Issei told Roland about that?

Oh, well, I guess Roland can ask Troy about the cat later.

>Issei's ordered an even taller stack of strawberry pancakes today.
Good grief, try some blueberry already!

>Castle the New Olmec pagans have sent Gallows here on important business to see you.
>Have ya know? Well it's a pleasure to meet ya Gallows, what d'ya need to see me for now?
"Flint said to tell you that he sent me. And he wanted me to talk to you about this." Then pull out the Azurite and show it to him.
>>
No. 833923 ID: ca9f16

>>833898
I have a whole chunk of macguffin and plan to use it, I just need to know how to actually do that, I was told you could help.
>>
No. 833931 ID: 19dd52

Pull out azerite, ask if rezzing Athmoor could fix the world and make it green again
>>
No. 833938 ID: 8c51fa

>>833886
>Oh and sorry for almost killing you yesterday!
And Troy.

And Issei.

And an entire building full of potentially innocent people.

And they somehow knew our friends' names despite the fact that we never mentioned them after they claim they started watching us.

And they somehow didn't notice us ever using any Pagan magic despite knowing everything else we did whole time.

And they lured you into a trap using real Pagan code phrases in a fake message supposedly meant for non-Pagans.

Don't trust them.

>>833898
Well, there's the top secret mission. You might also want to mention that you took care of the assassin that was sent after him. How did he find out about that, anyway?
>>
No. 833940 ID: 8c51fa

>>833906
>Good grief, try some blueberry already!
At least he found something else he likes eating besides strawberries and people. Granted, it's got strawberries on it, but he's not just eating them off the top of the stack and leaving the pancakes alone.
>>
No. 833949 ID: 3ce125

>>833938
...and they told us to keep the incident a secret too.

Maybe we should bring it up with Castle.
>>
No. 833952 ID: 65dabf

Hey! When is our team going to level up? Those were some fights we had last time, and not easy, i might add!
>>
No. 833959 ID: 91ee5f

>>833938
He said he was sorry!

I mean, come on, how the fuck was he supposed to know that someone other than the Priest was going to be wearing bandages on his whole body?!

>>833949
Keep it a secret because he's embarrassed about his mistake!

He even gave us some Level 3 Summons as an apology!

Besides, I'm pretty sure that Castle can figure that out on his own.

Or Castle will say something about how lucky Roland is that the Priest was caught before he came back from his business, otherwise he would've attacked Roland himself! And then he'll just take a look at the nervous expression on Burqel's face and realize that's exactly what already happened.

Or maybe Burqel already told Castle about that and Burqel just didn't want us telling Clancy about the ambush that messed up his shop's back room.

>>833940
Well, I know that. He and Uma were eating strawberry flavored cake at that cafe yesterday while Troy was running around and being attacked by the Priest.

I'm just saying, he really should try a different flavor already.
>>
No. 834007 ID: 094652

>>833938
What he said.
>>
No. 834020 ID: 8a947d
File 150694974987.png - (156.09KB , 1212x826 , Castle 2.png )
834020

You pull out the azerite and place it on the table.

You: Flint told me you found something important and that this may be related.

Castle: Boy ain't that the biggest hunk of azerite I've ever seen! In fact...yup it looks like it might be perfect!

You: Perfect for what exactly ? What do you need to show me ?

Castle: Well me and a couple 'a other pagan scouts were out about north-east 'a here tracking an odd signal we were pickin' up. When we reached the place we found what looked like a door inside of a cave, we couldn't open it but there was a large indent in the front for somethin' orb shaped.

Castle: After a little analysis we found that the door would respond to a large enough amount of azerite being placed in the slot, whatever's in there must be somethin' important if you need that much azerite to get in. This could be our ticket to gettin' inside.
>>
No. 834029 ID: 91ee5f

>>834020
"A signal? What kinda signal?"
>>
No. 834031 ID: 13fded

So azerite is shaped like orbs to interact with ancient mechanisms? Hope it's not consumed in the process.
What's the plan. Will we assemble a group to explore the unknown?
>>
No. 834034 ID: 3ce125

That sounds like a long shot when it comes to achieving what we set out to do.
>>
No. 834049 ID: 8a947d
File 150696607353.png - (139.83KB , 1212x826 , Castle 3.png )
834049

>>834034
That's true...you don't have time to go searching for weird ancient technology, but at the same time you've got nothing else to go on aside from this. For now you should ask more questions.

You: What sort of weird signal did you find ?

Castle: It was a magic one, strong but nothin' like anythin' we'd seen before. It ain't demonic or godly and it don't come from voodoo, whatever's makin' the the magic signal's a whole new type a magic we ain't cataloged yet.

Castle: If you do want to move out then we'll have to go alone, our firesquad's not in the best shape after the mission we just came back from. Though from what I've heard your friends took care of a priest on their own, so we might be more than fine.

Castle: You're the one with the azerite, what do ya wanna do ?
>>
No. 834061 ID: 13fded

We have nothing else to do.
I would love to consult Ada about ancient magical mechanisms, maybe even bring her in this mission, but unless we find a functional waystone that is not an option.

The answers may be purely speculation, but what can we expect to happen? Will the door just unlock or will it use the azerite to do something? Does he thing there is a physical space on the other side or will it act like a magical portal to somewhere else? Beside the lock mechanism, how much the surrounding suggest the use of technology to deal with magic?
>>
No. 834063 ID: 3583d1

>>834061
That's actually a good idea! But I thought the waystone wasn't working?
>>
No. 834075 ID: 9b80a5

tell him his beard is amazing (what if he was actually a reverse trap (gal dressed as a guy) and he glued the beard on)
>>
No. 834076 ID: 91ee5f

>>834049
>door requires Azurite to open
Hmmm, this sounds like it could be Arcamagika. The key word being sounds, there's no telling if it is or not. We could ask Ada.....if we can find a Waystone.

Make sure you ask him to show you on a map where they found the door. (So that if you ever get a chance to warp back to Ada, you can show her and ask if her people have left anything there.)

And then ask where the nearest working Waystone is. You'd like to be able to travel without having to use the boat, it takes too long.

>Though from what I've heard your friends took care of a priest on their own, so we might be more than fine.
"I also heard that Priest was covered in bandages just like me! Boy, am I lucky that none of the Pagans here attacked me by accidentally thinking that I was the Priest!"

Oh, speaking of the Priest, can we give Castle the Priest's Pool Cue Charm so that he can teach us something?

>>834063
>But I thought the waystone wasn't working?
It's not. That guy is saying that we need to go find a working one in a different city if we want to even consider asking Ada for any kind of help.

We should also make sure we don't betray her trust in us, so even though this sounds like it could be Arcamagika, let's not mention it or Ada to them.
>>
No. 834082 ID: 11a5e6

>>834076
But see that’s why it might be a good idea to bring her along. We don’t want to betray her trust in us by asking her about it and gaining knowledge of Arcamagika, but if we told her our deal and what the machine sounds like and if she would want to go along I honestly think she would agree. Especially since there maybe some artifacts that she would have interest in. Honestly she has a lot to gain by coming with us. The best part is we don’t HAVE to know how the arcamagika machine works, she can just come with and she can know it, that way it’s secrets stay hidden.
>>
No. 834086 ID: 91ee5f

>>834082
I never said to not bring Ada, I just said that we shouldn't mention any of this to other Pagans without her saying that it would be ok for us to tell them.

If her people are willing to blow up Church towers to keep them away, then I'd hate to accidentally get on their bad side and they start blowing up Pagans!

Just because they're against the Church learning their ways, that doesn't mean they'll allow Pagans to learn them.
>>
No. 834088 ID: 3ce125

If this is Ada's type of magic it might indeed be a good idea to warn against investigating this.
>>
No. 834094 ID: 8a947d
File 150697663606.png - (189.33KB , 1212x826 , Castle 4.png )
834094

>Ada and Arcamagika
Ada probably would know the most about something like this along with the waystones, but there's no way for you to get back to her fast enough.

You: I may know someone that knows a lot about ancient magics and technologies, but they're across the continent down in Moree I have no way of getting there fast enough.

Castle: Well you can use this.

Castle pulls out a metal canister fizzling and crackling with red electricity, you can feel demonic energy coming off of it.

Castle: A few pagans tried to reverse engineer whatever technology the waystone uses, this here's a warp relay. It should work as well as a waystone as long as ya have a waykey. It ain't perfect though: it only works once for a trip to and from your destination, you can't bring anyone with ya, and after ya come back to it it'll need a month to recharge.

Castle: Also ya might, MIGHT, blow up just a little. Like the tiniest bit, you won't die just get a little hurt.
>>
No. 834095 ID: 8d4593

Buy The Waystone.
Take it with you and bring it back once Ada looks at it.
>>
No. 834096 ID: 69b930

>>834094
Convenience! Hit that shit up and go see the cutie.
>>
No. 834098 ID: 3ce125

>>834095
Agreed. Though it's technically a waystone shell.

Could we get a better location on the signal? How far north east?
>>
No. 834102 ID: deec6e

>>834094

Can we use that tech to bring someone back with us, someone who's no friend of the church? With a find like this, we might be able to convince Ada to come with us.
>>
No. 834103 ID: 3583d1

TO MISS CUTIE PATOOTIE! AWAY!
>>
No. 834104 ID: deec6e

>>834102

Also, is slotting our azerite into that tech-place going to use it up? Because we have other plans for it. If it's just, like, a key thing, then sure. If not... well, this thing's the key to your whole plan of restarting the world. Can't give that up idly.
>>
No. 834106 ID: 91ee5f

>>834094
That's.....risky.

We could use it to go to Ada, but if Ada wants to come with us, then we can't bring her.

And if there's another attack from an asshole Priest, then Roland will be on his own.

We could bring that Waystone shell to her also, but buying it from Burqel may not leave us with enough money to pay Ada to fix it. Because I doubt she'd work on it for free. And, like that one time she asked us to go get a part for her machine under her shop, she may not have the needed parts to fix it if we bring it to her.

Then again, if we show her this thing that the Pagans have reverse engendered, she might be able to make improvements to it so that it'll work better. Wait, no never mind, we can't bring it with us. It's going to stay here while we do the warping.

Actually, ask him if there's a time limit between warping and coming back? Like if you warped to your destination, do you have to warp back here in a certain amount of time before it shuts down or can you come back whenever?

And do you have to come back from the place you warped to or can you warp somewhere, travel to a different Waystone, and then warp back here?

>Risk of injury.
That's not very reassuring!

But the only way he'd know about any of this is if it's been tested already. So as long as no one has been killed from using this thing, I guess we can give it a shot.

Also, we'd better tell our friends that we'll be leaving and we'll be back.

>>834098
>Could we get a better location on the signal? How far north east?
If he's got a map to show us where they found the door, then we can easily point it out for Ada. Which will make it easier for her to tell us if that door is something her people put there or not.
>>
No. 834107 ID: 91ee5f

>>834102
Castle just told us that we can't bring anyone with us if we use this thing that he's showing us.

>>834104
For all we know, the key to resetting the world is behind that door.
>>
No. 834174 ID: 65dabf

>>834094
EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!!!!
>>
No. 834185 ID: 9b80a5

Ask how bad the explosion would be, also you really should just wait
>>
No. 834214 ID: 830fb7

Cant you see if they have a spare in the New Olmec pagan safe house (The Lounge), because the way they talked about their Waystones made it sound like hey had multiple. And setting up Waystones between pagan hideouts seems like a safe thing to do in case a base is found out since if the church doesn't already have an attuned Waykey they wouldn't be able to use them (easy pagan escape rout, if a hideout is compromised just use waystone EVAC).
>>
No. 834216 ID: 91ee5f

Oh! Before you forget, can you see if Castle can teach you something new in exchange for the Priest's Pool Cue Charm? Or do you have to go back to Flint to learn new things from him?
>>
No. 834253 ID: 8a947d
File 150704696292.png - (134.67KB , 1212x826 , Castle 5.png )
834253

You purchase the Waystone Shell for Ada to look at. [558G==>158G].

You ask some more questions to Castle.

>How the Warp Relay works.
Castle: You can go anywhere and comeback once, if there's another waystone somewhere else you can still use that one and travel between other ones. Don't take all day though.

>How far is the signal ?
Castle: It's a ways away, but we have ways of gettin' there faster.

>The Pool Cue Charm
Castle: Oh I wouldn't know what to do with that thing, if ya wantin' to ascend a demon summon you'll need another skilled summoner. Unless yer wantin' to sell it, you could get a nice price fer it.

Castle places the Warp Relay on the table.

Castle: Just touch yer waykey to the little square on the front 'ere and you'll be on yer way. Be sure to be quick with ya business, I'm mighty curious to see what's behind this door
>>
No. 834257 ID: 744892

Has it been long enough since we visited the glassblower? We should comission a glass eye that functions as a container we can fill with reagents. If we get captured or robbed, we'll have a way to summon without the rest of our inventory.
>>
No. 834258 ID: 91ee5f

>>834253
>You can go anywhere and comeback once, if there's another waystone somewhere else you can still use that one and travel between other ones. Don't take all day though.
Ok, so that means that we can go to Ada and then warp somewhere else before warping back here.

>Oh I wouldn't know what to do with that thing
Dang. Looks like we'll have to take it to Flint if we want to learn a new spell or something.

>Just touch yer waykey to the little square on the front 'ere and you'll be on yer way. Be sure to be quick with ya business, I'm mighty curious to see what's behind this door.
"I'll try to hurry, but no promises!"

"Oh, and if my friends ask, tell them that I'll be back as soon as possible!"

>>834257
I'm pretty sure Roland will be against shoving random things into his skull! Especially if it's animal viscera, rotten fruit, or something equally unsanitary!
>>
No. 834260 ID: 744892

>>834258
A volatile deviant's materials aren't unsanitary. If we pack bullets there, we could also use them if we snag a firearm.
>>
No. 834267 ID: 3ce125

Alright let's visit Ada to see if we can get her to make a new waystone for us, and also ask her about the ruins/signal. Then we go upgrade a summon using the pool cue.
We don't really have much funds for shopping unfortunately.
>>
No. 834293 ID: 8d4593

>>834267
This.
Though we might be able to sell those two special bullets if we need too.
>>
No. 834305 ID: 9b80a5

again you didnt answer anout how bad the explosion would be
>>
No. 834390 ID: 744892

We still have the broken handgun we bought a while ago. We could try fixing it ourselves or taking it to the shop we blew up.
>>
No. 834406 ID: 8a947d
File 150712212448.png - (133.66KB , 1212x826 , Outand About.png )
834406

>>834257
While that does sound like a good idea the though of shoving animal guts and human teeth into your eye socket isn't too pleasant, besides you probably wouldn't be able to fit a whole lot into it. Maybe you'll get one, but you're not sure what it'll cost you.

>>834305
Castle stressed how you'd explode "the tiniest bit" and he said that it would be unlikely to happen. You're a little worried but you'll manage.

You tap your waykey to the warp relay and teleport back to Luucc's Bar in Itsdin, the teleportation isn't the same as usual there's a large delay between leaving and arriving and when you get there you're a little dizzy and smell smoke, Luucc is probably cooking downstairs. There's no explosion though so you head for Distant Wonder.
>>
No. 834407 ID: 8a947d
File 150712237192.png - (161.61KB , 1212x826 , Ada Again.png )
834407

Ada's in the shop looking at weirdly colored jars in the back.

Ada: Hello Roland! It is nice to see you again...do you smell smoke ?
>>
No. 834409 ID: 13fded

Smoking!
I heard of an enormous door with a lock mechanism that require key shaped azerite to open and immediately though that would interest you. Do you know anything about ancient technology that use powerful magic?
>>
No. 834417 ID: 9b80a5

also do you know anything about warpkeys

also you smell smoke because i used a experimental pagan tool that acted like a portable warp-thingymadoo with a small case of exploding as a side effect
>>
No. 834419 ID: 91ee5f

>>834407
>It is nice to see you again
"It's nice to see you too."

>...do you smell smoke?
"Oh, that's probably me. I just warped here from Ebony Port using a device that the Pagans have supposedly reverse engineered from the Waystones because there isn't a working Waystone there. And let me tell you, it could use some improvements!"

Show her the Waystone Shell and tell her that since it's a mix of magic and technology, you thought that she might know how to fix it or something.

If she requires payment and it's out of your price range, ask if you could get a discount in exchange for some more knowledge of Pagan Magics? If she agrees to that, then you can show her Fiddler Imp again and explain how he got upgraded!

After all of that, ask her if she knows anything about an ancient looking door in a cave to the north-east of Ebony Port. Some of the Pagan Scouts found it because they were following a magic signal that doesn't belong to any existing category of magic. It's not Pagan, it's not Voodoo, and it's not from the Church, so you're all pretty confused by it. From what you've heard, the door sounds like it might be Arcamagika, but you don't know for sure.
>>
No. 834428 ID: 3583d1

>>834419
Pretty much this.

But here is a moment of truth with Ada. Can we trust her enough to show her the Azurite? Because if we ask her about Arcamagika (without actually asking about how it works) what will happen when she sees it. Maybe bring that up too, take her by the hands and look her in the eye ask her if she trusts us because we need her help.
>>
No. 834431 ID: 8d4593

That's me.
Had to use a janky reverse engineered teleporter to get here.
I think I'm missing a layer of skin.

How are things? You look well!
>>
No. 834443 ID: 3ce125

>>834407
Tell her about the weird magical signal thing and how you suspect it might be Arcamagika. You don't want her people to blow up your people so does she have any advice on that?
>>
No. 834451 ID: 8a947d
File 150713593652.png - (272.50KB , 1212x826 , Ada.png )
834451

You: Yeah that's me sorry. Anyway I need to ask you something important.

You: I've been told that somewhere up and west of here there's something underground emitting an odd magical signal unlike anything we've seen.

You: The door to whatever's down there requires a large enough shard of azerite to open it. I was worried it might be related to arcamagika, do you know anything about it ?

Ada: There is no way that could have anything to do with the Unter, our current arcamagikal technologies do not emit any signal traceable to non-arcamagikal devices or techniques. Otherwise we would be constantly attacked by people tracking us! besides no arcamagikal device we have created runs on azerite, it is so rare it is unreliable to use.

Ada:...but that makes me curious as to what is down there if it is not our own. If it is possible maybe tell me what you find, yes ? I am always excited to discover new types of magic and machinery!

You show Ada the Waystone shell and ask if she knows what to do with it.

Ada: Ah yes, these are older arcamagikal remnants from what we assume were our ancestors. We have advanced so far in the field that we do not bother trying to hide these anymore as it would take thousands of years to get to where we are with only a waystone, that and there are so many it would be a hassle.

Ada: Still, repairing this will not be cheap. In fact it may be a bit more difficult since I will need to use some of my more hard to find spare parts...from the look of it this will cost you around 1250G.

You: Yeah, I can't afford that. I spent all I had buying this thing. You sure there's nothing else I can do to pay it of or something ? anything you need help with ?
>>
No. 834453 ID: 8a947d
File 150713640964.png - (197.78KB , 1020x824 , Ada Knife.png )
834453

Ada thinks for a second before going into the back of here shop. She comes out holding an old rusted knife.

Ada: I found this a little while ago, I suspect that this knife may have magical properties associated with demonic energy. I will be honest, I kept this from you out of fear of you demanding to take it due to it's pagan magic.

Ada: I don't know if you have any knowledge in cleaning or sharpening knives but if you can clean it for me I will repair your knife. I have all of the necessary equipment in the back you can use.

You: Why can't you clean it ? It's only a knife.

Ada: It is embarrassing to say...but when it comes to repairing simple things like knives, I tend to break them. I have broken at least ten possibly magical knives and swords trying to clean or repair them...so I do not want to try it again.

Ada: What do you say ?
>>
No. 834456 ID: 3ce125

>if you can clean it for me I will repair your knife
Is this supposed to say "I will repair your waystone"?

>>834453
Let's give it a shot. Man this thing looks old. Really beat up, too. Can it even be restored? What are those markings?
>>
No. 834458 ID: 8d4593

Hmm.
Gallows... Cut yourself with it.
>>
No. 834459 ID: 21023d

You can never have too many knives. Let’s see what we can do.
>>
No. 834463 ID: 91ee5f

>>834453
Take a look at the symbols on the knife. Can you read them?

Tell her that it might be a while before you can bring this knife back to her, so if you're gone for a few days, you didn't run off with it!
>>
No. 834464 ID: 91ee5f

>>834463
And if she's interested in learning something new, you can show her Fiddler Imp and explain the process that resulted in his new form.
>>
No. 834465 ID: 8a947d
File 150713942268.png - (326.89KB , 1212x826 , Knife Cleaning.png )
834465

>>834458
Oh sure you'll cut yourself with it! You just love tetanus!

>The Markings
They seem like ritual blood runes, smearing blood on them would cause the ritual spell to take effect but in it's current state that could possibly break the blade. It's in abysmal condition but with enough work you can definitely get it done.

You follow Ada into the back room of her shop, the room is covered in dust and cobwebs. Bottles and jars line shelves on the walls and books and pages liter the floor it's a bit...cluttered. There's an area in the back prepared with tools necessary for repairing the knife. Ada takes off her coat and ties back her hair in preparation to fix the Waystone shell, you roll up you sleeves and take of your bandages and start to clean the rust off of the knife.

Ada:...So those runes really do cover your whole body, do all pagans have those ?
>>
No. 834470 ID: 3ce125

>>834465
Nope. They're to contain your overwhelming magical power.
>>
No. 834474 ID: 13fded

No. They were to seal magic when I was a child.

I was wondering if you would like to come with us to see that door. I need someone that can tell if that thing will consume the azerite and you are the closest I can think of an expert.
>>
No. 834476 ID: 65dabf

>>834465
Wanna see four your self ;) ? But no, not all pagans have this, only a few, it allows me to cast summons more faster.
I honesty don't remember the thing with the runes, but we shuldn't be talking to much about this. Maybe another time.
>>
No. 834477 ID: 91ee5f

>>834465
>...So those runes really do cover your whole body, do all pagans have those?
"No, only some of us do. But even then, so far I'm the only one I know of that has them."

And then explain that you were told you're what's known as a "Rune Child" and explain what that's supposed to mean.

.....and then explain that apparently someone was supposed to tell you all of this by the time you were old enough, but they forgot to do that, so you yourself only recently found out about this.
>>
No. 834492 ID: 8a947d
File 150714372918.png - (400.33KB , 1212x826 , Knife Cleaning 2.png )
834492

You: No, apparently they help me channel the large amount of demonic energy dormant in my body and allow me to summon more efficiently. Some other pagans have 'em but I doubt they're common

Ada: Fascinating, so you have sort of innate talent for summoning? I will have to remember to examine you later.

You: What ?

Ada: Nothing. So, you seem to know a lot about knives from how well you can maintain and repair them. Did somebody teach you or were you also born knowing how to fix a chipped blade ?
>>
No. 834493 ID: 744892

>>834492
"I've spent some time in the army. Although everyone was able to summon, we used mundane weapons against priests due to their ability to banish everything we pulled out of the Aether. Gun and blade maintenance were part of our training."
>>
No. 834498 ID: ca9f16

>>834492
Knives are really practical for everyone, but probably moreso for Pagans.
Since summoning reagents tend to involve bits and pieces of lots of different materials it's handy to have a sharp, clean blade on hand.

I remember hearing that at some point sickles were a popular choice, until the church caught on and would arrest anyone carrying one.
>>
No. 834499 ID: 094652

"Pagan training starts with what you have. Most of my teachers had at a knife and a gun on them at all times."

Let her keep the waystone shell for long-term repair, you can buy it back from her when you have the dough.
>>
No. 834501 ID: 21023d

Well I’ve taken part in the pagan knights raid and they taught me that careful maintenance of gear is essential for survival. But not only that but having a blade is necessary in a lot of pagan summons, either for getting viscera or even using the knife itself in the summon. My old teacher used to tell me “you can never have too many knives.”
>>
No. 834523 ID: 8a947d
File 150714886829.png - (427.69KB , 1212x826 , Knife Cleaning 3.png )
834523

You: I volunteered to be part of the pagan knights for a while. Summon's were our main weapon of choice, but against priests a knife and gun were always good to have as well. proper maintenance of our gear was paramount to survival.

You: A common pagan saying was "you can never have too many knives" and since a lot of rituals involve guts and blood it was all good to have a sharp clean blade with us. Sickles use to be popular, but church guards caught on and began to arrest anyone carrying one so we stuck to knives.

Ada: You volunteered to fight against the church? How noble, few of the Unter's inhabitants even think of leaving the city for fear of the church. Was everybody a volunteer ?

You: Not all of us, somewhere drafted and others were hired mercenaries. I joined when we were having a shortage of troops. People thought I was crazy for wanting to fight the Regent's army on the field at all, but I had to help, I have to do everything I can against them.

Ada: We have a lot in common do we not ? far from home and doing our best despite the church. You are much braver than me though, I haven't committed an act of defiance against the church in a while. Even when I had it was only to keep the Unter safe...that makes me wonder, what is your goal Roland ? Why do you continue to do what you do ?
>>
No. 834524 ID: f0e789

"...I've been lucky, I got my pagan name of Gallows because I almost died by hanging as a kid. I somehow managed to escape my captors after I lost my eye. And I found this..."

Show her the Azurite.

"But luck can't get by, and the church is only going to keep people down. I want to give everyone their lives back. I want people to look out their windows and not see endless desert and wastelands. I want people to have a chance, I want to see the world green and growing again."
>>
No. 834531 ID: a3a96c

>>834523
Part of me just hates the church and the harm it does and I want to see it destroyed no matter what, but i'm also curious by nature and I really want to know where this path leads for now.
>>
No. 834534 ID: 3ce125

Two reasons. One, you really hate the church, because of everything they did to you and everything they do to others. Second, you want to restore the world to its former glory.
>>
No. 834535 ID: 3ce125

>>834524
No showing Ada the Azerite.
>>
No. 834544 ID: 91ee5f

>>834535
Agreed!
>>
No. 834551 ID: 094652

"Do you have any idea what it's like when the ruling government hates your very existence on the basis of principle? If I ever tried a different life, they'd hunt me down for exp."
>>
No. 834557 ID: 8d4593

I want a future, Ada.
This world is dying. We can't pick from the scraps forever. I want my future children to live in thriving green world of plenty, not rooting around in the barren wasteland.

I also want them to be safe. As long as the Regent Church keeps sending Psychopaths to roam the streets... that'll never happen.

The Gods of the church... They took something from this world. That's why it is the way it is. I have to take that back somehow...

Convenient, really.
Burn the Church, grow my the world from its ashes.
>>
No. 834564 ID: ca9f16

>>834523
I just. I think we have a shot at making a lasting change, I can't not see that through.
>>
No. 834576 ID: 18d05c

This is as good a time as any to ask her if she wants to come with, you could always say that hearing about it second hand probably won't give her the overall picture. She also seems to want to learn about different froms of magic so this could be a learning experience for her.
>>
No. 834580 ID: 65dabf

Hey, if all this turns out well in the end, we could probably work with Ada, look artefacts, repear them, teaching each other things, that sounds really nice.
>>
No. 834584 ID: 91ee5f

>>834576
She already told us that she can't come with us because she's got a shop to run.
>>
No. 834614 ID: 9b80a5

tell her if the church fucks her over and forces her to leave or something happens to the shop she can come with us on our quest
>>
No. 834646 ID: 8d4593

>>834523
I just realized that the magic symbols above Ada are The hex code for the color of the symbols. XD
>>
No. 834654 ID: 9b80a5
File 150722541469.png - (77.95KB , 735x501 , IMG_9050.png )
834654

we eventualy will have to get her some mad scientist goggles for her and meybe a white labcoat if possible but those goggles tho
>>
No. 834672 ID: 744892

I'm happy with Ada staying where she is. Although it would be neat seeing what shawty could do in a fight, she won't be able to sell us illegal memes if she's not stocking her shop.

>>834646
Nice catch. I didn't even notice that.
>>
No. 834700 ID: 8a947d
File 150723782712.png - (270.43KB , 1212x826 , Knife Cleaning 4.png )
834700

You: I can't just let the church keep existing, you and I both know the damage they've caused to everything around them. They almost hung me when I was a child, almost blinded me in the army, and now they continue to hate my very existence. I got lucky but luck can't keep me going for the rest of my life.

You: Not only that but the world as it is right now is dead and barren, barely anything grows and most of the planet is covered in deserts. Once I fix all of that we'll have green pastures and lush gardens.

You: If I work hard enough I can change things, even if it is the whole world. Whatever's behind that door we found might help me do it too, I'm gonna reset this world if it means my life.

You run the restored knife across a piece of paper, a clean cut with no resistance.

Ada: I have heard men talk like you, most of them were talking without purpose or drunks rambling in bars. I don't get that feeling from you Roland, no matter how ridiculous this mission of yours is your words are not empty. You truly believe in what you are doing.

Ada: That or you are an amazing liar, either way your Waystone is done.
>>
No. 834704 ID: 3ce125

>>834700
Cool, the colony will love having a functional waystone. The knife's done too. Hope it sells well.
>>
No. 834714 ID: 370d67

>>834700
... I'm a pretty good liar regardless, you know.
>>
No. 834720 ID: 91ee5f

>>834700
>You run the restored knife across a piece of paper, a clean cut with no resistance.
You should probably put some blood on it to make sure it works.

Buuuut if you did, then it might do something and make it where Ada couldn't sell it anymore.

So I guess just tell her what the markings are supposed to do and then give it to her so she can sell it.

>your Waystone is done.
"Thanks, Ada."

".....heh, you know what I just realized? Whenever I'm in trouble, most of the time it's something I bought from your store that ends up saving my ass. So I guess in a way, you saved my life a few times."
>>
No. 834721 ID: 8d4593

Heh. I might need to get some more cash so I can buy this myself.

Also, Wow that was fast. You're pretty amazing Ada.
>>
No. 834730 ID: 19dd52

Knife is done too! Want me to bleed on it and test it out for you?
>>
No. 834743 ID: 24d915

>>834730
You stop that now.

I do like the idea of complimenting her and pointing out that she has indirectly saved our but a couple of times
>>
No. 834747 ID: 0d45a9

While it would be handy to test the knife to see if the runes work, it's a weapon so the runes probably will make it hazardous to us if it works. So unless you can translate the runes and determine if it's safe or not, don't test it on yourself.
>>
No. 834787 ID: 9b80a5

awww no mad scientist goggles... okay...
>>
No. 834840 ID: 8a947d
File 150731531051.png - (257.77KB , 1212x826 , Ada 2.png )
834840

You: I didn't think an ancient technology could be fixed so quickly!

Ada: Normally it can not be done, but I have worked all of my life to learn how these things work. Something like this is child's play.

You and Ada return to the front of the shop where you hand over the knife and Ada gives you the fixed waystone.

You: Now that I think about it a lot of the stuff I buy from here does come in handy a lot, In a way you've saved me more times than I can count.

Ada: You are exaggerating, even without my store you would have made it through somehow. Besides I did not do anything but run a good business. Did you notice anything about the knife ?

You: The runes on the side are rending sigils that stop wounds from healing, nasty stuff but pretty basic. I'm surprised that this knife is worth as much as the waystone being fixed.

Ada: Oh it wasn't. That knife is no where near the value of a waystone no matter how nice it is, even with the work you put in to clean and sharpen it. If any one heard that I gave you that waystone for this knife they would think me a fool who has been scammed.

You:...Then why'd you fix it for me in return for a worthless knife ?

Ada: Because I know you will use the waystone for something important, That belief is reinforced by what you told about the church; Think of it as a favor. Besides, it was a nice excuse to talk with you some more!
>>
No. 834841 ID: 24d915

>>834840
>A nice excuse to talk with you some more!

... You wanna go out some time?
>>
No. 834843 ID: 8d4593

>>834840
>>834841

You don't really need an excuse.
>>
No. 834844 ID: 13fded

I though she would love the opportunity to come along. Pity it's not even an option...

Let's go visit Flint to exchange the priest charm for something useful.
>>
No. 834848 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

>>834841
>>834843
Here, let me help you guys with that.

(d20 + 7 from Charm Stat + 2 from Speech 1 Skill)
>>
No. 834862 ID: 91ee5f

>>834840
>Besides, it was a nice excuse to talk with you some more!
".....you don't really need an excuse to talk to me."

Also, since she's so interested in learning about Pagan stuff, offer to tell her about Demon Ascension and show off Fiddler Imp to her.

>>834844
>Flint
Yes, do this!

After that, we warp back to Castle to drop off the fixed Waystone!
>>
No. 834865 ID: 744892

>>834840
Stop by the glassblower's first. It might take a while for him to make a commission, so you should order one earlier rather than later.
>>
No. 834867 ID: 8a947d
File 150733906708.png - (218.52KB , 1212x826 , Ada 3.png )
834867

You: I mean...you don't really need an excuse to talk to me.

Ada: I guess not, but with you on your mission to reset the world I am not sure when you can and can not.

You: Maybe when you and I find some we can talk a bit more huh ?

Ada: I would like that! Until next time Roland.

You leave Distant Wonder and warp over to The Lounge, you don't want to spend too much time in one place. Castle did tell you not to take too long.
>>
No. 834868 ID: 8a947d
File 150733945267.png - (163.58KB , 1212x826 , Flint 1.png )
834868

You find Flint walking around the halls of The Lounge.

Flint: Hey there, glad to so you in one piece. What're you back here for ?

You show Flint the priest charm.

Flint: Well if you want I can ascend a summon for you, but if you want to ascend that Fiddler Imp again you'll need two of these.

Flint: If not that I can give you a new ritual spell to use, the choice is yours.
>>
No. 834869 ID: 91ee5f

>>834868
Let's try a spell this time.

Also, tell Flint that this Priest was a pain in the ass and it wasn't from fighting him, since your friends did that and you yourself never fought the Priest. But he was a pain in the ass because he was dressed like you, wrapped head to toe in bandages! And that caused some of the Pagans in the area to attack you by accident!

.....hey! Tell Flint to stop laughing, it's not funny!
>>
No. 834872 ID: 3e8a21

>>834868
a spell would be nice, also can we have that priest card back? I don't know why but I feel like it would be useful someday.
>>
No. 834878 ID: 91ee5f

>>834872
I'm pretty sure we don't need that asshole, so let's just leave him here.
>>
No. 834879 ID: 13fded

>>834872
You think today is that day? We can come back to the card when we need. Until then let's not risk get cough with it or it doing something on it's own on our hands.

Let's see what ritual spell will be produced with the physics god charm.
To be honest I don't even remember what a ritual spell is and just want to find out what it does.
>>
No. 834880 ID: 744892

>>834868
Let's hold off on ascension for now. A spell is fine. Ask him if needing two charms to power up Fiddler also means that we'll need to cut the connection of two other summons.

Leave Karas here. There's no need to carry around a smoking gun.
>>
No. 834923 ID: 8d4593

I think we should use it to regain use of the Voyeuristic Globule.
With our new fusion summons, long-range scouts could be useful.
>>
No. 834930 ID: 094652

Make Fiddler Imp a @#$%ing powerhouse.
>>
No. 834964 ID: 8a947d
File 150739370494.png - (215.61KB , 1212x826 , New Spells.png )
834964

>>834880
You: Will I need to sacrifice two summons along with two charms to ascend a summon another time ?

Flint: Yup, you can ascend a demon three times and it will take one more of each to do it. Fiddler Imp needs two summons sacrificed and two charms.

You decide to get a new ritual spell with the priest charm. Flint shows you two possible spells you can take.

Instant Summon: Flagellum (10oz, 5 per minute activated): Quickly summon a Demon Flagellum.

Aether Barrier (34oz): Conjure a barrier of Aether energy to form a shield that can block a single attack either magical of physical.
>>
No. 834965 ID: 9b80a5

i say barrier as we need some sheilding
>>
No. 834966 ID: 91ee5f

>>834964
Aether Barrier
>>
No. 834968 ID: 19dd52

Instant summon.

We already use the flagellum so often we might as well!
>>
No. 834973 ID: 9b80a5

also i cant remember did fiddler imp say he had a specific name? or was it just fiddler imp? if he doesnt have one i vote that we call him fid or fiddy
>>
No. 834982 ID: efcc58

>>834964
Wait, we need to use the charm to get a spell? Nevermind, then.
>>
No. 834985 ID: 13fded

Flagellum. It's an awesome weapon and having a guaranty way to summon even without materials will be great.
The barrier can be useful but it drain so much blood that we risk unconsciousness. It could be useful if our enemy is bleeding heavily but at that point we would already have the advantage.
>>
No. 834994 ID: 9b80a5

oooooh i did not see the 34 oz blood requirement yeah deff get the demon D
>>
No. 834996 ID: 094652

>>834968
Seconded.
>>
No. 834998 ID: 3ce125

Instant Summon. The barrier is too damn expensive and will only be used when the plot requires it.
>>
No. 835007 ID: 8d4593

Instant Summun: Flagellum
We can easily use it as a shield in most circumstances, and since fights generally happen very quickly we won't need to keep it out for very long. Not only that but it gives us a nasty, instant, and easy to hit surprise attack.
Sure the shield will prevent us from being hit by an unseen adversary, but its blood cost is so high we won't be able to use our other skills should we use it.
>>
No. 835009 ID: 3abd97

Instant summon.

Demon dicks for everyone!
>>
No. 835010 ID: 8a947d
File 150740873440.png - (194.91KB , 1212x826 , Flint 2.png )
835010

You decide to learn Instant Summon: Demon Flagellum.

Flint: That should take care of that, so you found Castle alright ?

You: Yeah, there was a little road bump but I found him alright. We're about to go to that door he found.

Flint: Glad to hear progress is being made. More importantly I need to tell you that recently a large amount of Church forces have been moving out towards a certain source west somewhere in Dolvan.

Flint: We're not sure entirely what for but once you've found out whats over there come back here quick. I want to try and show you more advanced summoning techniques when we both have more time so you're a little more prepared for what might be coming.

Flint: To be honest even though you're a rune child you're sort of lacking in real fire power. Anyway I gotta get back to work, don't get yourself killed.

Flint leaves and you return to the Waystones to warp back to The Breakroom.
>>
No. 835011 ID: 8a947d
File 150740908464.png - (208.66KB , 1212x826 , Castle 6.png )
835011

You re-enter the conference room in a puff of red smoke and sparks, Your spine's tingling and you mouth is full of dust. You're starting to realize you don't like the warp relay too much.

Castle: You got everthin' ya need ?

You put the waystone down in the room, Burqel looks over it in awe.

Burqel: You actual got it fixed, Impressive.

Castle: Now, we should start to move out. Your team is still relaxing in the main room, get them ready and we'll go.

As Castle goes to pick up the warp relay the canister starts to spark and fizzle before blowing up scattering red liquid and bits of machinery all over the room.

Castle: Ah shit!...It's a good thing we don't really need this anymore.
>>
No. 835012 ID: 3ce125

>>835011
Ask if you can have the wreckage of it. I'm sure Ada would pay for the magically charged scraps.
>>
No. 835018 ID: 91ee5f

>>835010
Ok, so go see what's behind the door and then come back and tell Flint about it and he'll teach us some new stuff.

Afterwards, if we have time, tell Ada what we found behind the door.

>>835011
Go ahead and tell Castle what Flint told you about the Church moving towards something in the west somewhere in Dolvan.

It might be something he'd like to know about and he could probably send a message to any Pagans in that area to warn them or have them spy and report what they find.
>>
No. 835022 ID: 13fded

You know, this waystone is actually ours. Burqel didn't let us borrow the thing to fix it, he sold it. When we are done, if they don't want to buy it, we can take the waystone with us to the next city.
>>
No. 835024 ID: 91ee5f

>>835022
Let's not be an asshole.

The Pagans here need it more than we do.
>>
No. 835031 ID: 13fded

>>835024
We also kind of needed that 400G, not to mention our implicit debit to Ada.
>>
No. 835038 ID: 91ee5f

>>835031
The Pagans here also need that 400G to keep their secret hideout running. After all, secret barber shop hideouts don't run on sunshine, rainbows, lollipops, and thoughts of bringing down the Church!
>>
No. 835040 ID: 8d4593

>>835018
That's fair actually. You did just pay so you could fix their waystone... Just to give it back.
>>
No. 835049 ID: d36af7

>>835022
Sell it back to them, at a suitable markup for being fully functional rather than hollowed-out scrap.
>>835038
Find whoever's got a waykey around here (somebody must or they wouldn't be working on experimental substitutes) and bring them along on a quick tour of the other waystones you've visited in your adventures thus far, so they can establish same-day communication and supply lines with other pagan outposts. That should be more than enough for this deal to be a net gain for the local pagans' survival prospects, even if it means you've cleaned out their cash reserve short-term.
>>
No. 835112 ID: 9c2d0c

It's probably fair to ask for your 400G back if this gets to stay here. I wouldn't worry about an upcharge.
>>
No. 835114 ID: 830fb7

>>835049
Nice idea, set up that pagan trade/communication/EVAC net so that pagans wont need to expose themselves to inform other branches, plus it acts as an emergency out.
>>
No. 835155 ID: 0d82af

>>835049
This is sound logic.
>>
No. 835167 ID: 8a947d
File 150748776111.png - (272.56KB , 1212x826 , Waystone.png )
835167

>>835112
>>835022
You talk to Burqel about the Waystone explaining how it makes no sense that you'd pay money to give it up for nothing. Burqel's reluctant to pay you back but he does since he's getting an important tool for the breakroom.
You get 600G back.

>>835012
You pick up 3 Warp Relay Bits.
>>
No. 835168 ID: 8a947d
File 150748817914.png - (238.17KB , 1212x826 , Ready to Go.png )
835168

You wander into the main room. Troy and Issei are talking in the middle of the room.

Issei: you sure you don't want to stop smoking any time soon ?

Troy: I'd rather not, I've gotten quite used to it again. You got a problem with it ?

Issei: yes actually the smell is awful, and in a room with no windows it's much worse than usual.

Troy: Hey you got strawberries and I got cigarettes.

Issei: strawberries don't stink up a room. Besides strawberries are healthy and good for you, cigarettes kill you.

Troy: Oh don't start with that there's no proof of cigarettes killing anybody. The day I'll die it'll be in a shoot out over somethin' stupid, itty bitty cigarette couldn't kill me.
>>
No. 835171 ID: 91ee5f

>>835168
>itty bitty cigarette couldn't kill me.
"Unless someone throws a bucket of gasoline on you while you're smoking. Or if the smell of smoke gives away your position when you're trying to hide from something/someone."

Also, compliment Uma on her new outfit and mention that you're amazed that she didn't catch a cold wearing that bikini all the time earlier.

Tell them the situation and ask they're ready to go.
>>
No. 835172 ID: 91ee5f

>>835171
ask if they're ready to go.
>>
No. 835176 ID: 8d4593

You ladies seem ready to go.
>>
No. 835187 ID: 3ce125

Troy please don't smoke indoors.
>>
No. 835201 ID: 13fded

>>835187
Generally a nice idea, but we don't want him wandering alone because he doesn't feel welcome with the group. That was, after all, how he got in trouble with that priest.
If he want to smoke let him, but let's not pretend it's not a bad vice.
>>
No. 835204 ID: 91ee5f

>>835201
That's true.

Plus, he's probably not the only one doing it.

So if he wants to smoke, let him smoke.
>>
No. 835214 ID: 65dabf

>>835168
It's fine if he wants to smoke, but he has to do it were there is fresh air, so quit it, no everyone likes smokes.
>>
No. 835216 ID: 8a947d
File 150749961973.png - (301.12KB , 1156x776 , Vroom Vroom.png )
835216

You: Troy maybe wait 'til we leave to start smoking.

Troy: Fine, honestly little smoke never killed nobody. We've been through worse.

Castle walks into the room.

Castle: Alright, everythin' should be ready. Y'all follow me now.

Castle leads you down a flight of stairs into what looks like an abandoned train station, only underground. There's car sitting on the tracks.

Castle: This is our way outta here, the fastest path out of the city unnoticed. These tunnels go a bit out into the wilds so it'll be a bit of a drive, it's faster than walkin' though.

You take the passenger seat while Castle drives...
>>
No. 835217 ID: 8a947d
File 150749997320.png - (356.65KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 1.png )
835217

The car sputters a bit before starting up.

Troy: These tunnels are huge, never though somethin' like this could be under a city.

Castle: Yup, it took us a while but we managed to use some space manipulatin' rituals to set this thing up.

Issei: never been in a car before, smells weird.

Uma: There are lantern beetles down here! We must be really far underground!
>>
No. 835226 ID: 91ee5f

>>835217
I wonder if Issei is feeling cramped back there? He's a tall guy, so he might not have much leg room back there.

I guess since it's going to be a while before you arrive to your destination, you can pass the time by talking.

Let's tell Castle what Flint told us, about the Church moving towards a certain source west somewhere in Dolvan.
>>
No. 835245 ID: 8a947d
File 150750647388.png - (238.34KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 2.png )
835245

>>835226
Issei doesn't seem to be complaining, then again it's hard to gauge emotions from his face. While you're driving you decide to tell Castle about what Flint said to you.

You: The head summoner of the New Olmec branch told me there are a large amount of church forces moving west.

Castle: That don't sound good, sounds like they might 'a found somethin' important. It's probably not anything related to the Pagans but it's gotta be somethin' big.

You: Think it could be related to what we found ?

Castle: Heck I don't even know what we found! It could be for all we know but for now it'd be best if we kept our guard up. What d'you think's down there Gallows ? Somethin' worth luggin' around that much Azerite ?
>>
No. 835246 ID: 0d45a9

Dunno. But if there's a chance it can help me restore the world, I'm gonna investigate it. If not, I'm gonna have to keep looking.
>>
No. 835256 ID: 3ce125

If it involves azerite it's gotta be important.
>>
No. 835260 ID: 27600a

>>835245
Well, considering the rarity of the material it uses as a key, there must be something even more useful or valuable than the azerite behind the door.
Or dangerous, but in that sort of situation surely you'd just wall it off instead of making a door.
>>
No. 835261 ID: 91ee5f

>>835245
"I've got no idea. I'm just hoping that putting the Azerite into the door doesn't use it up. That way, after we're done exploring behind the door, we can keep the Azurite and use it for something else."

".....I've heard of this weird rumor that some talking gecko can save you 15% or more on car insurance. If that thing is real, do you think you'll go find it to get your car insured?"
>>
No. 835310 ID: 094652

Hopefully the Azerite isn't "broken", there's a clear chunk blown off and it would look like a sphere otherwise.
>>
No. 835342 ID: 8a947d
File 150756304049.png - (219.88KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 4.png )
835342

You: If the key to it is something as precious as azerite then it must be something important, or dangerous. Whatever it is I'm hoping it can help me restore the world, and if not I'll just have to keep looking.

Ada: I-If it was something dangerous, w-wouldn't it make more sense for it to be closed of entirely ?

Issei: unless someone wanted it to be found again, in which case they would use something as rare as azerite.

You:...Now that I think about it there's a chunk of this azerite missing. Do you think that might be problem if we get there ?

Castle: I don't think so, then I ain't familiar with ancient technology. I'm just hoping it'll be useful to use, especially since apparently the church is doin' somethin' too. It don't help that they got more resources and troops to work with in their mission.

Castle: How many priests you guys gone up against ?

You: Three, we beat two of them.

Castle: You go toe to toe with any high priests yet ?
>>
No. 835344 ID: 13fded

I wouldn't know their ranks. Maybe you heard of the guys we meet: Leighton, Karas and Ann.
>>
No. 835347 ID: 27600a

>>835342
No idea, that first one seemed pretty overwhelmingly tough, though that might have just been your comparative lack of gear and abilities at the time.
>>
No. 835348 ID: e108a2

>>835342
We technically beat all three of them, but only captured two. Issei drove off the lightning priestess while we were unconcious. None of the priests we've faced have claimed to be high priests, so we wouldn't know.

>>835344
Are the interludes meta knowledge, or is Gallows actually having visions? Ann hasn't had revealed her name to us outside of an interlude, so we shouldn't know it.
>>
No. 835359 ID: 91ee5f

>>835342
"I'm not sure, the 3 Priests didn't tell us their ranks. Unless the names Karas and Leighton ring any bells for you?"

".....although, there is someone that I'm positive is a high ranking member of the Church. Back when I was a Pagan Knight and before I started this mission of mine, I was captured and then some asshole with a stupid looking hat came in and tried to convert me. Of course, I refused and he ripped my eye outta my skull. Luckily I was rescued before he could take my other eye. But.....I'll never forget that asshole's name: Father Collen. Maybe you've heard of him? I don't know how or when, but one day, when I get stronger and I meet him again, I'll return the favor and see how he likes it when I rip his eye outta his fucking skull!"
>>
No. 835363 ID: 13fded

>>835348
He is having visions because of the Azerite.
>>
No. 835364 ID: 91ee5f

>>835363
True, but was that a vision that Roland could see or was it just a story narrative thing that only we the audience could see and Roland couldn't see it?

Because if it's just a story narrative thing that only we could see, then Roland wouldn't know Ann's name.
>>
No. 835378 ID: 86d76e

“Yeah I have... he took my eye...”
>>
No. 835399 ID: 8a947d
File 150757812360.png - (383.97KB , 1180x773 , Vroom Vroom 5.png )
835399

You: I think I might've, a while back. When I was in the Pagan Knights I got captured with the rest of my squad and some fucker named Father Collen ripped my fucking eye out.

Castle: Sounds like a high priest with that "Father" title. You'd know a high priest when you see one though, even as a group you four couldn't take one down.

Troy: I heard a high priest could take out a whole squad of soldiers at once.

Castle: Well that may be a bit of an exaggeration but their definitely dangerous, they've got a lot more trainin' and know how to channel their magic better. All in all you outta stay away from 'em.

Another car passes by yours.

Troy: Jeez lotta people use these things ?

Castle: Yup, these tunnels run all under Ebony. They're helpful when we gotta send messages or packages to other areas. Or just plain don't wanna deal with surface traffic.

Castle: Anyone want music ?
>>
No. 835400 ID: 9b80a5

if you look at the 2nd pannel it does seem that roland could see them and either doesnt remember or doesnt realise their significance
>>
No. 835401 ID: 9b80a5

dang it i replied just that little bit too late
>>
No. 835412 ID: 91ee5f

>>835399
>All in all you outta stay away from 'em.
"Thanks for the warning. But just so you know, if I ever get strong enough to stand a chance against that guy, then I'd like to pull his eye outta his fucking skull. As the saying goes, 'An eye for an eye.' But until that time comes, we'll keep away from him and any other High Priests."

>Anyone want music?
"Sure thing."

Silently hope that he doesn't start playing old person music like Polka or something else like that.
>>
No. 835416 ID: 86d76e

Sure, some upbeat music would do nicely, get us off the darker parts of conversation.
>>
No. 835422 ID: 8a947d
File 150758789301.png - (313.27KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 3.png )
835422

Castle pops a cassette tape into the dashboard and the music flickers out of the radio before coming in completely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ

Troy: That's not bad music.

Uma: Aww! the musics scaring away the bugs...

Issei: there's somebody trying to pass us.

Castle: Yeah we are gettin' to the smaller tunnels, I'll try to find a place to turn into so they can pass.

After a little driving Castle pulls right to let the car behind pass him. The vehicle continues to follow your car.

Castle: They headin' out the city too ? That's fine long as they keep their speed we should be fine.

Castle continues to drive while the vehicle stays behind you, you realize that you can't make out the vehicles shape in the darkness, just the two bright headlights on the front. Even after the car makes a few more turns the lights behind you follow you.

Troy: Could it be other pagan's comin' with us ?

Castle: They woulda told me about that. I think this guys just tryin' to leave same way we are. What do you think Gallows ?
>>
No. 835423 ID: 86d76e

>>835420
Uhh... are they speeding up to catch us? Keep an eye on those rear view mirrors because we might have a shoot out on the road
>>
No. 835424 ID: 9b80a5

they are being suspicious so slow down and stop so you don't get rear ended by suddenly stopping and see who is tailing you and if its those shadow men or the priests get ready to fight
>>
No. 835429 ID: e108a2

>>835422
Pay attention to the front. If these guys are tailing you, there's probably another group trying to cut you off.
>>
No. 835430 ID: 3ce125

How about we check it out with Aether Sight.
>>
No. 835433 ID: 91ee5f

>>835422
Ask Castle if these tunnels are Pagan only or if they're public accessible?

Because if they're public accessible, then the car could be full of more of the Shadow man's voodoo flunkies or someone he hired. Or it could be Priests.

Let's use Aether Scan to see who is behind us! Better to be safe than sorry!
>>
No. 835445 ID: 8a947d
File 150759380539.png - (418.58KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 7.png )
835445

>tunnels are Pagan only or if they're public accessible?

Castle: These tunnels can only be accessed through pagan controlled checkpoint's. There's no way anyone else could get down here!

>Aether Scan
You activate Aether Scan [68oz ==> 58oz]

The light's still shining in your eyes but you can make something out behind them. The car's some sort of weird vehicle you can't make out entirely, it doesn't look like any car you've seen before. The longer you stare at it the less it actually looks like any sort of car at all! Whatever it is it's picking up speed!
>>
No. 835448 ID: 0d45a9

It's some kind of spiky critter! Stun claw it!
>>
No. 835450 ID: 8d4593

rolled 8 = 8

Stun claw that thing!
Also inventory check?
>>
No. 835452 ID: a633c6

NOT A CAR! NOT A CAR!
>>
No. 835453 ID: 91ee5f

>>835445
Ah shit. Roland, remember that Worm that could phase through the ground? I think these are the same kind of creatures, which means that whoever summoned them isn't in the tunnels with you, so the summoner isn't a Pagan! Which means only one thing: they're Voodoo beasts!

>Whatever it is it's picking up speed!
Tell everyone that it's hostile and you think it's Voodoo beasts that can phase through walls, which is how they got down here!
>>
No. 835454 ID: 173b46

>>835445
It looks like there's a pair of raptors with glowing eyes chasing you. Don't change your speed, but have Troy get his shotgun ready for when the raptors get close.
>>
No. 835457 ID: 3ce125

I think it's more likely that another Pagan is trying to kill you. Maybe the same one, even. Voodoo monsters are spooky, these look bestial. We can verify the origin once we take them down and pull over to examine the bodies.

Inform everyone else of the danger then roll down the window and start shooting at them.
>>
No. 835462 ID: 91ee5f

>>835457
The same one? You mean Burqel?

>We can verify the origin once we take them down and pull over to examine the bodies.
Wrong.

Once a Pagan summon takes enough damage, it'll poof back to the Aether, leaving no body to examine.
>>
No. 835471 ID: 3ce125

>>835462
Yes, and fine ugh we'll just have to get a better look at them during the fight. Maybe Issei can tell what they really look like since he doesn't use eyes to see.

We could also try to nab one in a black ice prison. Speaking of black ice, can Troy make any caltrops at this speed?
>>
No. 835485 ID: 3ce125

rolled 19 + 15 = 34

Oh right I should roll for the bang bang shooty.
>>
No. 835490 ID: 9b80a5

tell them to speed up while you shoot it from the window and then have troy black ice it if he caan
>>
No. 835495 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 14 + 6 = 20

>>835485
Since you're rolling for Roland to shoot his pistol, I'll roll for Troy to use Jet Black!
>>
No. 835507 ID: 8c51fa

>>835445
My first though was that they might not be an enemy and could just be Pagans or summoned monsters minding their own business, since all they've done is follow us so far, but if they're deliberately staying behind us and picking up speed they definitely don't intend to drive safely.

Quickly describe what they look like and ask if Castle recognizes them. Long legs, short arms, spiny backs, does that sound familiar? We should know what to watch out for in a fight.
>>
No. 835516 ID: 8a947d
File 150761345303.png - (295.99KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 8.png )
835516

You tell Troy to ready his shotgun and get the sunroof of the car. You lean out of the side of the car with your Ivory Repeater loaded.

The two of you unload everything you have.

>Stun Claw: rolled 8 = 8
>Ivory Repeater:rolled 19 + 15 = 34

You attack with Stun Claw [58oz ==> 48oz] and your Repeater (39 ==> 33) on the first light, the bullets roll off of the front of it and barely phase the light but the stun claw bolt causes it to seize up and fall. (Light A: 150hp ==> 134hp)

>Jet Black: rolled 14 + 6 = 20
Troy's jet black bashes the second light (Light B: 150hp ==> 135hp) but it only stops when it notices it's partner is down. The second light stops and soon they fade off into the darkness of the tunnel...
>>
No. 835518 ID: 8a947d
File 150761386474.png - (203.27KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 9.png )
835518

You: Hey Castle ? The fuck where those things ?

Castle: Ugh...Look's like a couple 'a pest's snuck into the tunnels.

Troy: Those are more than pests ! How often does this happen ?

Castle: Not at all! We have systems in place to make sure somethin' like this don't happen. Somethin' musta gone haywire...Now we gotta deal with Headlights

You: These things are local ? I've never seen those kind of animals before.

Castle: They only come out at night, and I guess they've taken a liking to the dark tunnels down here. I'm steppin' on the gas! We gotta get outta here pronto 'fore they show up again! They're probably on our trail so the best thing we can do right now is try to lead them out of the tunnels.
>>
No. 835523 ID: 13fded

What do you mean they are local? Those things can accompany the speed of a car and barely flinch after been shot! How can the local fauna be this dangerous and not prevent people from building cities?
>>
No. 835525 ID: 3ce125

>>835516
That's a lot of hp.

>>835518
We might have to summon something to get rid of them. Fulgurbeast maybe? Fulgurbeast hawk fusion for an even stronger ranged attack?
Choirkin would be optimal I expect, since it could just block the Headlights, but we have no tongue or sugar. I suppose we could fusion it...?

Well, let's see if they come back.
>>
No. 835528 ID: 91ee5f

>>835518
"I'll be honest with ya, I'm glad these things are local wildlife and not Voodoo summoned monsters that can phase through walls! Because I do not want to have to fight another one of those things!"

>>835525
>summon
Roland is gonna have to stick his hand outside of the moving car to summon and hope he doesn't drop anything before the summon is finished!

And whatever he does end up summoning, he's gotta make sure it's fast enough to keep up with the car or it's light enough to ride on top of the car, otherwise it'll end up getting left behind and unable to help us!
>>
No. 835530 ID: 91ee5f

>>835528
Do we even have the stuff needed to make any of the summons that could help us?
>>
No. 835532 ID: 3ce125

>>835528
>hand out the window
What?
>summon's gotta ride on the top of the car
Or inside the car? Or climb on top of the car like Troy did? Gallows could climb up there to summon, even.
Also yes I believe we have ingredients for summons considering we can use Fusion to fill in the blanks. We might be running a bit low on a few things though.

Oh and hey you're doing that thing again where you nitpick my suggestions without suggesting an action yourself. Stop it.
>>
No. 835561 ID: 91ee5f

>>835532
>Or inside the car?
You really think something like the Fulgurbeast is going to fit inside the car?

>Or climb on top of the car like Troy did? Gallows could climb up there to summon, even.
But he didn't climb up there, he opened the sunroof.

>Oh and hey you're doing that thing again where you nitpick my suggestions without suggesting an action yourself. Stop it.
That's because I can't think of anything myself, but I want to make sure we cover everything in order for your idea to work.
>>
No. 835564 ID: 9b80a5

everyone here has missed the 1000000$ question, what ARE the headlights and what does castle know about them, weaknesses and such
>>
No. 835580 ID: 3ce125

>>835561
>Fulgurbeast in the car
No, obviously. It would ride on the top. Though a fusion might be a different size. Choirkin would probably fit in the car.
>he opened the sunroof.
Makes no difference. There's roof access.
>want to make sure we cover everything
You're just nitpicking. This isn't a detail-oriented quest, you know.
>>
No. 835584 ID: 91ee5f

>>835564
Yeah, let's ask this! And let's also ask if they come in packs because I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than those 2 down here!
>>
No. 835596 ID: f0e789

>>835564
Good point we need to be sure to ask this, but I bet one of their weaknesses is really bright light. Why else would the prefer the dark so much? I doubt it would kill them but it might blind them long enough to kill them.
>>
No. 835802 ID: 9b80a5

Really? Bright light? They'd be weak to themselves cause werent they emmiting a bright light like why else would they be called headlights
>>
No. 835838 ID: 8a947d
File 150774150356.png - (504.93KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 10.png )
835838

You: Do you know anything else about these Headlights ?

Castle: Well I'm pretty sure you can tell that their tough creatures. Their bodies are covered in strong scales that make any sort of physical attack useless, even the bulb on their head is extremely durable.

Castle: -but they all have on weakness to them that gets past their scales, the back of their necks as a soft spot. If you can hit that they'll be done for.

Uma: H-How anyone can set up a city with these things running around? their speed and durability definitely m-makes them apex predators!

Castle: Church's got enough firepower to be above them. More importantly we should watch out for more, they tend to hunt in pairs but It ain't impossible for there to be more...

>Inventory Check
https://pastebin.com/9LPi14pP

As you continue through the tunnel another pair of lights shine down they way you're headed, there are two tunnels going left and right to the sides of you.
>>
No. 835855 ID: 91ee5f

>>835838
>Weak spot.
Good luck hitting that! But it is nice to know that they do have a weakness!

>Inventory.
Why is the Facsimile Recipe still there? Didn't we already use it and Roland memorized it? I thought it wouldn't still be in our inventory, just like the other recipes we found.

And didn't Roland return that Smartphone to Burqel after they cleared up that misunderstanding?

>As you continue through the tunnel another pair of lights shine down they way you're headed
Shit, there's more of them!

>there are two tunnels going left and right to the sides of you.
Turn right!

Castle knows these tunnels better than us, so hopefully he knows which way to turn that won't put us in a dead end and will keep us going towards our destination! But if going to our destination is too dangerous, then going to the nearest exit would also be helpful!

When you get a chance, ask Castle if he's got a radio or something so that we can report at least 4 Headlights, with the possibility of more, here in the tunnels to other Pagans! That way no one else ends up running into them and they can work on closing the breach and/or getting rid of the ones in the tunnels!
>>
No. 835878 ID: f268c5

>>835855
>Recipe
I left it there because it could be sold or used as a reagent. If you think it'll be too hard to sell, I can remove it and add a unit of paper.

Summon pack buffs when?
>>
No. 835935 ID: 3ce125

>>835838
>weak spot is the back of the neck
Issei might be able to grapple them and attack that spot. However that involves him exiting the vehicle and most likely falling behind.
Better would be a hunter-killer-hawk since they can fly above a Headlight and aim for the neck. Yikes, we only have one see-through item left. Better make it count.
I guess if we're really in a tough spot we could use one of the car's windows as the see-through item.
...looks like our choices are hawk-vanguard or hawk-Fulgurbeast. The fusion really needs to be able to fly, though, and fast enough to keep up with the car.
Man we really need more viscera and amethyst.

Speaking of the car, go left.
>>
No. 835965 ID: 91ee5f

>>835935
>Hawk-Fulgurbeast fusion
Hmmm, I wonder if fusing 2 summons with similar attacks can make it even stronger? We know the Hawk can shoot red lightning from it's horns and the Fulgurbeast can shoot lightning from it's entire body, so maybe the fusion of those 2 would have very powerful lightning?

>The fusion really needs to be able to fly, though, and fast enough to keep up with the car.
Yeah, that would suck if we get a powerful fusion and it can't keep up. But in this kinda situation, we're just gonna have to take that risk and hope it works!

But my only concern is the weak point. Would hitting it be an instant kill or would it only do a big chunk of damage and the Headlight is still alive?

If it is a one hit kill spot, then we can just send in a normal unfused Hunter-Killer Hawk!
>>
No. 835983 ID: 3ce125

>>835965
>normal hawk
Can't. We're out of feathers and viscera.
>>
No. 835984 ID: 91ee5f

>>835983
Fuck! DX
>>
No. 835987 ID: 8a947d
File 150777199085.png - (464.97KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 11.png )
835987

Castle turns into the right tunnel, The Headlights behind you turn in to follow.

Castle turns on the radio in the dash of the car.

Castle: Breakroom come in! This is Castle, there's been a break in of Headlights in the North-West tunnels. We are currently being pursued by non-Church threats!

Radio: Affirmative Castle. You're too far from any checkpoint for us to send immediate aid to your position but forces have been sent were possible. Hang on and try to get somewhere safe.
>>
No. 835989 ID: 8a947d
File 150777227025.png - (506.93KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 12.png )
835989

You drive out onto a bridge in a more open part of the tunnels. Over the railings two more Headlights climb and spot the car giving chase along with the two others. You have 4 Headlights chasing you.

Attacking them all directly may be difficult, if you can destroy the bridge somehow then maybe getting away will be easier.
>>
No. 835996 ID: 9b80a5

dont break the bridge as that would be REALLY shitty for the rest of the pegans but try to get to somewhere where you can shoot the sides or back of their necks like a right or left turn whenre you could see where you came from
>>
No. 835998 ID: f268c5

>>835989
Just keep driving. Try taking potshots at them with magic attacks while we wait for backup.
>>
No. 835999 ID: f268c5

>>835989
Just keep driving. Try taking potshots at them with magic attacks while we wait for backup.
>>
No. 836002 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 8 = 8

>>835987
>Too far from any checkpoint
Well that fucking sucks!

>>835989
>more Headlights.
Fuck!

>if you can destroy the bridge somehow then maybe getting away will be easier.
Woah, hold on there! Let's not get too drastic just yet!

How about you try to chain stun them? If they're grouped close enough together, a single cast of Stun Claw will paralyze all 4 of them!

Rolling for Stun Claw!
>>
No. 836006 ID: 91ee5f

>>836002
Yay! A crit!
>>
No. 836198 ID: 8a947d
File 150782918835.png - (523.09KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 13.png )
836198

>rolled 8 = 8

You fire another Stun Claw blast [48oz ==> 38oz] and manage to hit all four headlights at once. They fall to the ground as you drive away.
>>
No. 836200 ID: 8a947d
File 150782955231.png - (496.11KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 14.png )
836200

Castle: Goddammit! We're bein' driven off of the main path. I'm gonna try to find a way back around, but It's gonna be hard with all of these fuckin' headlights around here.

Troy: How many could there be anyway ?

The car passes through another tunnel as it enters a second larger area. Below beams of light shine up into the air searching around, further back on other bridges more lights move around in the dark.
>>
No. 836202 ID: 27600a

>>836200
This is time for a deadpan "I thought we agreed not to say anything that can jinx it."
>>
No. 836205 ID: 91ee5f

>>836200
"Uhhhh, Castle? You might wanna call someone and tell them about this! Someone should be warned about how many Headlights are here! And the number we're seeing right now means that there is an extremely large breach in whatever defenses you were using to keep them out!"

Is there water under this bridge? If there is, then Uma could use Deep Blue to create some fish minions to distract these Headlights before they start climbing up!
>>
No. 836210 ID: 13fded

I was already impressed with the tunnels, but now I'm thinking you guys are trying to build an city bellow the city!

Why there are so many headlights in here? Is there a god with power over those beasts? Can voodoo men move the wild life from place to place? Did the church secured an entrance and fill the tunnels with animals from the zoo?
Maybe we can summon a bait. The Serpentine Vanguard would be ideal but we don't have reptiles... We are short on obsidian for the Bulwark Brute and it share those creatures weakness, not ideal for a situation where it will be surrounded. We are also lacking animal viscera for the Fulgurbeast.
What about this: we stop somewhere the headlight can be bottlenecked, summon a Fiddler Imp to cause bleeding damage, use their blood for the new Flagellum and kill at least one of them. With their parts we can summon a Serpentine Vanguard and/or a Fulgurbeast to cover our backs so we can escape.
We need to replenish our ingredients soon.
>>
No. 836237 ID: 27600a

>>836200
is there a bigger Headlight variant called a Spotlight?
>>
No. 836241 ID: 8a947d
File 150784903933.png - (276.43KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 15.png )
836241

>>836205
Uma needs to be close to the water to make minions!

You: That...was a lot of them.

Castle: Yeah I saw...How could it have gotten this bad ? There's no way this many could sneak in at once...

You: ...Their like big lizard things ? D'you think maybe one got in a long time ago and laid eggs ?

Castle: Uggh, probably. There are enough rats and other things down here to feed them. I'm gonna call this in...

Castle turns on the radio in his dash again.

Castle: Breakroom, this is Castle. The infestation is worse I thought before!

Troy: Dammit, it's always gotta be somethin'...

Castle: Let's just hope we can get outta here fast! We might have to leave the tunnels early if we get too far from the path. As it stands right now our best hope is to just keep goin' 'til we reach an exit.

Issei: i can smell a lot more of them around us, they smell like filth and rat shit. what do you think we should do roland ? you're normally the one that has a plan for this kinda stuff.

As of now there isn't much you can summon. The one complete summon you can do is a Volatile Deviant by sacrificing bullets, and if you can kill one Headlight then you'd have enough viscera to summon something.
>>
No. 836281 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 11 = 31

>>836241
Well, start dismantling some bullets while you try to think of a plan. But don't summon the Volatile Deviant yet, just have the stuff ready for if you need it.

Also warn Castle that you might have to blow up a bridge or collapse the entrance to the next tunnel we go through to hopefully get these Headlights to stop following us!

Rolling to think of a plan. (d20 + 11 from Intelligence Stat)
>>
No. 836285 ID: 69b930

>>836281
GOD DAMN SON
>>
No. 836288 ID: f268c5

>>836241
You could also try having Fiddler stun them as they get close.
>>
No. 836294 ID: 91ee5f

>>836288
Fiddler can't stun.

He can cause bleeding, he can blind the enemy, or he can heal us.
>>
No. 836297 ID: f268c5

>>836294
Blinding is basically stunning. If they could track us through sound, they wouldn't have flashlights for eyes.
>>
No. 836310 ID: 91ee5f

>>836297
Yeah, I guess your right.

Although, do you think blinding one of them will turn off their light?
>>
No. 836321 ID: 13fded

>>836297
It's a fantasy creature, so anything go, but if their eyes work like ours the light can't be coming from them. Maybe it's above the eyes in a position that conveniently avoid any light going at the direction of the eyes.
>>
No. 836338 ID: 8a947d
File 150786851318.png - (281.29KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 16.png )
836338

>rolled 20 + 11 = 31
You rack your brain for a little bit, maybe it would be easier to escape if the car had a little more mobility to it; not just speed but some offensive capability too. You look down at the tires of the car, it wouldn't be too hard you just need some viscera to get started...but that means you'd need to kill something first.

You: Okay I've got a plan that's either completely brilliant or will get us all killed.

You: Anybody have any dead rats or horse heads ? Nobody ? Great.
>>
No. 836339 ID: 8a947d
File 150786859390.png - (600.72KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 17.png )
836339

Something jumps from a maintenance vent to the side of you and hits the side of your car. The sound of screeching and claws scratching at metal fills the car as a Headlight clings to its side.
>>
No. 836340 ID: 8a947d
File 150786882364.png - (297.97KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 18.png )
836340

Before anybody can react fast enough the headlight moves to the roof of the car and shoves it's head through the sunroof and bites the first thing underneath it, which happens to be Troy [30hp ==> 15hp]. The headlight gets a Troy's arm and shoulder in its mouth and tries to pull him through the sunroof!

Troy: AHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!
>>
No. 836348 ID: 13fded

rolled 12 + 12 = 24

Issei save Troy!
>>
No. 836353 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 17 = 33

>>836340
Issei grab onto Troy with one are and use your other are to Puncture that thing straight through that light in the middle of it's ugly face!
>>
No. 836354 ID: 3ce125

If Issei is going to attack that thing, he should be using his flexible limbs to hit the back of its neck.
>>
No. 836355 ID: 91ee5f

>>836353
Damnit autocorrect!

That's supposed to say "grab onto Troy with one arm and use your other arm to Puncture"!
>>
No. 836357 ID: 13fded

>>836353
I forgot about the +5 to unarmed rolls. Issei is a beast!

>>836354
Good point. And Issei don't even need to contort himself too much since the headlight got in from the ceiling.
The back of it's neck is completely exposed to the front passengers. Maybe someone can roll a gun attack from Roland.
>>
No. 836372 ID: 91ee5f

>>836354
Sure, if he can reach it, then do a Puncture to the back of the neck.

But if he can't reach, then he can still hit the back of the neck.....by going straight through the face!
>>
No. 836373 ID: 3ce125

rolled 20 + 15 = 35

I'll roll for Roland trying to shoot it in the weak spot.
>>
No. 836397 ID: deec6e

>>836373

Damn, son! That weak spot was neither giant, nor glowing, but I think you got it! Now loot y'self some viscera, quick!
>>
No. 836411 ID: 3be2aa

rolled 7 = 7

I Think We should Save Troy Before Killing this thing

>>836373
Well, it is a Critical... But I really don't think we want to kill this thing just yet. When an animal is killed in a violent way, ir's muscles tense violently (as far as I know), and it could rip Troy's entire Arm off, and even with Fiddler imp, I don't think we have much to deal with that much blood. We need to save troy before killing it.

>>836340
Troy, try to use Jet Black (or maybe Ice Prison) into it's fucking mouth. Make it Choke on it! I haven't been keeping up with how the Dice's works, is it a 1d8 or a 1d20 for Jet black? I used a 1d8

Otherwise, I think Issei should try to save Troy. These thing hunt in pairs, Right? Uma Look out for the Second one.
>>
No. 836416 ID: 8a947d
File 150790707005.png - (289.94KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 19.png )
836416

>rolled 20 + 15 = 35

You can't hit the back of it's neck from where you're sitting, but you do manage to shoot out both of it's eyes on it's left side.

Issei wrestles Troy's arm from the headlights mouth while it's distracted from the pain...
>>
No. 836418 ID: 8a947d
File 150790726702.png - (290.29KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 20.png )
836418

>rolled 16 + 17 = 33

...and Punctures it through the mouth up into the back of it's head! The headlight twitches for a while before going limp and dying.

You can't pull the whole thing in through the sun roof, if you want to harvest all of it's guts you'll have to stop the car; you needed to stop it anyway if your plans going to work.
>>
No. 836421 ID: 8d4593

this thing is massive the guts from the head and neck will be fine for now.
>>
No. 836422 ID: 13fded

Summon Fiddler making the back even more crammed. We can drag that thing for some time until Castle find a defensible position to stop and Fiddler should heal Troy as much as he can in the meantime.
>>
No. 836433 ID: d7cbac

Nice! Make sure Troy is okay first and then hey, we now have a giant headlight carcass to use, how about we summon something up with it and get the other headlights off our trail?
>>
No. 836436 ID: 67a70a

https://dontdrinkbeer.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/1332397100700.jpg
>>
No. 836442 ID: 91ee5f

>>836416
>Issei wrestles Troy's arm from the headlights mouth while it's distracted from the pain...
Good, that means Troy didn't lose his arm.

>>836418
>You can't pull the whole thing in through the sun roof, if you want to harvest all of it's guts you'll have to stop the car; you needed to stop it anyway if your plans going to work.
Then tell everyone what your plan is. That way Castle doesn't argue with you when you tell him to stop.

As soon as the car stops, summon Fiddler Imp to heal Troy. Don't summon him while the car is moving, just in case he appears outside of the car when you summon him!

While Fiddler is healing Troy, get to harvesting the Headlight corpse so that you can execute your plan!

>>836422
>Summon Fiddler making the back even more crammed.
Actually, looking at the inside of the car here: >>835217 , I think Fiddler is small enough that he can ride in the front with Roland and Castle.
>>
No. 836464 ID: 8a947d
File 150792631430.png - (163.48KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 21.png )
836464

You tell Castle to stop the car somewhere safe. There with help from Issei you dislodge the headlights corpse from the broke sunroof. With more help from Issei you remove 10 good chunks of viscera, 2 tongues, 5 teeth, and a shard of the headlight's jawbone.

You summon Fiddler Imp quickly to heal Troy's injury.

Fiddler: Damn! Ya know Moji neva got in dis much trouble even wit all da shit he did.

You then go around the sides of the car painting summoning sigils on all four hub caps of the car.

Castle: Hey! That's gonna fuck up the hubcaps !

You: It'll also help us get the fuck outta here! Trust me.

Almost as if on queue 3 light's shown down the hallway onto the car. You leap inside quickly and channel your summoning...
>>
No. 836465 ID: 8a947d
File 150792649951.png - (500.45KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 22.png )
836465

Demon Flagellums shoot from the tires of the car and lift it off of the ground. The Flagellums carry the car off.

You: I'll be driving from here Castle, lead me from here.

Castle: God damn you summoners are insane, head left up here!
>>
No. 836466 ID: 8a947d
File 150792670753.png - (399.96KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 23.png )
836466

You follow Castle's orders while at the same time dodging headlights leading you to another open hub area, in front of you there are three tunnels leading into different areas.

Castle: Our exit's to the far right! The way out's in tunnel T-3!

T-3's tunnel is full of lights coming out of it.
>>
No. 836467 ID: 9b80a5

jesus christ its a dick car
>>
No. 836468 ID: 90f3c0

Take T3, the demon car should have enough maneuverability to get past the oncoming headlights. Just jump over them, or spider climb up the walls if possible.
>>
No. 836470 ID: 8d4593

>>836467
Prepare another flagellum on the hood.

HELICOPTER MOTION, BITCHES!
>>
No. 836485 ID: 91ee5f

>>836466
Tell everyone to buckle up, hold on tight, and don't fall out of the sunroof!

Then ride upside-down on the underside of the bridge so that you can avoid the Headlights!
>>
No. 836488 ID: 91ee5f

>>836485
Or if you can ride the underside of the bridge without being upside-down, then do that so that you can be right side up!
>>
No. 836613 ID: 8a947d
File 150800087205.png - (678.50KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 24.png )
836613

You continue at full speed towards the T-3 tunnel, you command the car to leap as far over the pack of headlights as possible and land on the otherside.
>>
No. 836614 ID: 8a947d
File 150800146317.png - (556.54KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 25.png )
836614

You can hear what sounds like whining metal as something big climbs up on the tunnel track behind you. You look back and see a much bigger source of lighting behind the smaller ones; It's gaining much faster than the smaller ones and no doubt will catch up to you despite the cars new speed.

Troy: We're not gonna escape that thing !

Castle: We might need to escape early...there's should be an emergency exit hatch somewhere up ahead.

Issei: can we reach that in time ? it might be simpler if we killed it so we have more breathing room.

Uma: B-b-but how f-far i-is the r-real exit !? Can't we o-outrun it !?

Castle: Damn it what do you we do...

>Early Exit
>Outrun it
>Fight
>>
No. 836620 ID: 9b80a5

tell castle to exit early if it goes to an area where you wont get noticed but if it is a populated area outrun it
>>
No. 836630 ID: 8d4593

I say we leave a living cluster Mine and try to outrun it.

Fusion Summon a Volatile Cube and fill it with as many Volatile Deviants as you can muster. Drop it out the back with orders to detonate once the creature is within close proximity.
>>
No. 836667 ID: f268c5

>>836614
>Outrun it
>>
No. 836672 ID: 91ee5f

>>836614
We can outrun the Headlights, our only problem is the bigger Spotlight!

I think we should have Fiddler Imp blind it (roll 1d20 + 5 from Roland's Summoning 2 Skill) or we use another 10oz of blood to Stun Claw it (roll 1d8)! Either way should slow down the Spotlight and allow us to outrun it!

Another option would be to ask if Castle knows any spells that could help! Who knows? He might know Stun Claw or the upgraded version of it or something else that could help!

What does everyone else think?
>>
No. 836673 ID: 13fded

Let's fight this thing. They are trouble for the local pagans and will be much easier to be dealt with if we kill the queen.
Let's summon one Serpentine Vanguard and one Fulgurbeast.
>>
No. 836685 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 6 = 6

Well, since nobody else has any better ideas, I'll do one of mine.

Let's use Stun Claw on the Spotlight!

Since the other Headlights can't keep up and the Spotlight is the only thing that can catch up to us, stopping the Spotlight will help us outrun everything in here!
>>
No. 836698 ID: 8a947d
File 150802751955.png - (381.37KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 26.png )
836698

>>836630
With 5 Small Caliber Bullets, an Iron Sheet, The Bleach, 2 Animal Viscera, and the Jawbone Shard you fusion summon a Nitroglob and fling it at the hoard of Headlights.
>>
No. 836699 ID: 8a947d
File 150802772651.png - (607.00KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 27.png )
836699

The resulting explosion is giant, it rocks the tunnels and bits of viscera and scales fly hit the back of the car.
>>
No. 836701 ID: 8a947d
File 150802803504.png - (162.27KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 28.png )
836701

When the smoke clears the ray of light reemerges from the darkness and the Spotlight is closer to you than before. Though it's hide is cracked and scales have been ripped off of it continues to chase you getting even closer than it was before.

You try to use a Stun Spike to get it off of your back like you did with the other ones [38oz ==> 28oz]. But the blast curves off of it's dome, this thing is too big to be stunned with Stun Claw!

Castle: Just a little bit more! The checkpoint's gettin' closer !

Uma: B-but I-i-it's getting c-closer to! I don't think w-we can make it!
>>
No. 836703 ID: 3ce125

rolled 2 + 6 = 8

You've removed some of its scales. That means you can shoot at the revealed soft flesh.

More importantly, Troy can slap a Void Ice Prison on one of its limbs to slow it down. I'm rolling for the latter.
>>
No. 836708 ID: 91ee5f

>>836701
What's the Broken Handgun made out of? Is it iron?

If it is, then Fusion Summon a Volatile Deviant (bullets and hopefully iron Broken Gun) with a Hunter-Killer Hawk (Animal Viscera, Obsidian Paperweight, and Cracked Mono-scope). Then have it fly to the weak spot on the back of the Spotlight's head and explode!
>>
No. 836710 ID: 91ee5f

>>836708
Good thing Fusion Summons only require half the ingredients for each demon, otherwise not having feathers would've screwed this up!
>>
No. 836715 ID: 8d4593

rolled 8 + 5 = 13

Fusion Summon a Siren Like Demon by combining the Cerebral Gnat with the Choirkin.

Dead bug, Clear Crystal, Rotten Strawberry, Tounge, 3 teeth, Some of your own bandages, Along with 10 Oz of blood and a Summoning Roll.
(To help bridge the gap of lacking amethysts for the cerebral gnat even though we technically have half the stuff for it)

Use it's song to pacify the beast!
Fiddler can play along with it!
>>
No. 836753 ID: f268c5

>>836708
We can repair the gun ourselves, I believe. Let's not use it as a reagent.
>>
No. 836756 ID: 91ee5f

>>836753
I'd rather use it now and not get caught by the Spotlight, instead of saving it for later and the Spotlight killing someone.

But if you want to save it on the off chance that it's a good gun, then we can always give up one of our other guns. Except for the Blue Baroness, that one's too special to use like that.
>>
No. 836757 ID: 3ce125

>>836756
Can't we use the broken dagger instead?
>>
No. 836758 ID: 91ee5f

>>836757
Wait, we still have that? I thought we used it already.

Yeah, sure, let's use that for the Volatile Deviant/Hunter-Killer Hawk fusion.

Hopefully, when it hits the Spotlight's weak point and explodes, it'll be enough to kill it or distract it!
>>
No. 836768 ID: efcc58

I think we should hold off on the summons for now. It's been softened up, just shoot it until it goes down.

I also updated the pastebin with the bullets we fired. I assumed the two we used to shoot out the eyes of the monster we butchered were large caliber.
>>
No. 836837 ID: 91ee5f

>>836758
>Hopefully, when it hits the Spotlight's weak point and explodes, it'll be enough to kill it or distract it!
I just realized that the fusion doesn't have to hit the back of the head. It could just fly into the Spotlight's mouth when it opens up to try and eat us.

Issei already showed us that the insides are softer than the outside.
>>
No. 836939 ID: 8a947d
File 150810642913.png - (644.74KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 29.png )
836939

With 5 small caliber bullets, the broken knife, a handful of viscera and and the obsidian paperweight you summon a Kamikaze Kestrel.

The bird quickly darts around to the back of the Spotlight's neck and detonates itself right on it's weak spot. The Spotlight continues to chase you but it wavers back and forward as it goes dazed by the blast.
>>
No. 836940 ID: 8a947d
File 150810665698.png - (282.89KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 30.png )
836940

The car quickly exits into a more open part of the tunnels leading upward, the car quickly grapples onto a part of the ceiling to dodge out of the Spotlights way. The Spotlight doesn't try to chase you as in it's haze it continues off over the railing of the path and plummets to the bottom of the tunnels.

The car swings up and over back onto the path.
>>
No. 836941 ID: 8a947d
File 150810693103.png - (320.77KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 31.png )
836941

The car continues forward, there's no sign of any nearby headlights. Emergency cars drive past yours towards back toward where you came.

Castle: Looks like pagans are goin' to deal wit whatever's happenin' down here. The exit should be up towards the end here.

Fiddler: Gee road trips up 'ere are a blast ain't they Gal ?

You: ...I think I'm going to throw up.

Uma: I-i t-t-thing I might t-to...
>>
No. 836942 ID: 8a947d
File 150810736658.png - (177.57KB , 1212x826 , Vroom Vroom 32.png )
836942

The car comes up to the doors and the flagellums holding it up dissipate and Castle puts it in park. There's dried blood over the doors and ground of the station.

Castle: Up through here's a little hideout in a small town. Barleyville's got nothin' special about it, hell it's barely a town and more like a village. If you wanna look around do it quick cuz we needa get movin'.
>>
No. 836944 ID: 13fded

rolled 7 + 10 = 17

Yea I want to look around. What the hell happened here?
Roll for perception.
>>
No. 836946 ID: 3ce125

rolled 18 + 10 = 28

Perception roll.
>>
No. 836949 ID: 8a947d
File 150811007771.png - (403.07KB , 1212x826 , Barleyville.png )
836949

>rolled 18 + 10 = 28
You can only assume that some poor fellow fell victim to a headlight, who ever got attacked dropped a lot of important stuff. A Ruby Pendant and a Copper Pocket Watch.

Your group climbs up and out of the tunnels into what looks like a bar or inn. There are a number of other pagans with injuries, possibly from the infestation in the tunnels. Everybody sits down for a second to catch their breath, Troy heads straight for the bar counter.

Castle: After we rest fer a bit 'ere we need to get goin' towards a swamp 'bout due west, there we'll boat across and towards are final destination.

Castle: If you need to look around Barleyville you can. There a few shops but a lot of the buildings are broken down or abandoned. They might have some interesting stuff in 'em though so I marked some on this map.

Castle hands you a map and you leave the bar.

On the map you see a few places that might be of interest.

>Doctors/Barbershop
>Abandoned Building
>Lost and Found Store
>Armory
>Don't go anywhere, spend time at the bar.
>>
No. 836958 ID: 91ee5f

>>836949
Aw, crap. I wasn't fast enough. I was gonna say that we should check the back of the car for viscera and scales that got stuck to the car from when the Nitroglob exploded on that group of Headlights earlier. Oh well.

>Where to?
Let's go to the Doctors/Barbershop and see if they'll sell us some medical supplies.

Then we can go to the Lost and Found Store and see if we can get lucky and find some reagents there.
>>
No. 836966 ID: 13fded

Lost and Found Store sound promising. We can use some cheap ingredients.
Also look for the more mundane summoning ingredients: sugar, salt, fabric, sulphur, bugs, small lizards, feathers... If you see one of those on your way take/buy it.
>>
No. 836978 ID: f668c3

I agree with the lost and found but I’m also interested in that abandoned building. Perhaps we might find a way stone there? We could always come back here and maybe check out some of the other shops if there is one in there
>>
No. 836980 ID: 65dabf

Can I see the map if it's not too much trouble? First I suggest checking Troy, that bite didn't look good at all, then we go to Lost and Found Store, and then to the Abandoned Building, then Doctors/Barbershop, and finaly to the Armory, if we have the time and the mony.
>>
No. 836998 ID: 8a947d
File 150811642475.png - (236.18KB , 1212x826 , Lost and Found 1.png )
836998

>The Lost and Found

You head to a small shack not far from the bar surrounded by more corpse trees. The inside is cluttered with boxes each labeled with numbers and letters and placed in different sections. The owner leans against the counter, wearing an eyepatch and looking bored out of his mind half asleep.

Kale: Welcome, my names Kale. If you need something just ask, don't steal anything.

You look around for something useful, there are plenty of miscellaneous odds and ends on the shelves.

You have 758G's

Wooden Ruler: (15G)
Battery Acid: (50G)
Amethyst Figurine: (100G)
Amethyst Bracelet: (100G)
Large Metal Gear (x2): (50G)
Magnifying Glass: (15G)
Scrap Metal (x10): (5G)
>>
No. 837000 ID: f668c3

>>836998
Think Ada could use those gears for something?
>>
No. 837001 ID: 62d64c

>>836998
Ask him if he has any books. We're still looking for mundane books for the library, and anything else might be useful to us directly.
>>
No. 837005 ID: 13fded

I'm thinking two magnify glasses, four scrap metal packs (cheap and plentiful), one battery acid and one of whichever amethyst thing will give you more shards. That is 200G.
>>
No. 837007 ID: 13fded

rolled 14 + 10 = 24

Can I make an perception roll to look for geckos or feathers while moving from one shop to the other?
>>
No. 837008 ID: 3ce125

Get some battery acid, some scrap metal since it's so efficient here. Buy the amethyst figurine and break it up into pieces. Perhaps do the same with the bracelet. Get a few rulers too since those are cheap and pyres are handy.
>>
No. 837009 ID: 8a947d
File 150811777955.png - (226.31KB , 1212x826 , Lost and Found 2.png )
837009

The (x10) next to the scrap metal shows there are 10 in stock and each costs 5G,
same with the gears


>Books
You ask about any books Kale might have, he digs around underneath his desk and tosses an old text book onto the counter. History of Ancient Societies.

Kale: I'll give it up for...lets say 100G since the conditions still good, all pages legible and no big rips or tears anywhere important.
>>
No. 837016 ID: 91ee5f

>>836998
Lets get the Battery Acid, the Magnifying Glass, and 3 Scrap Metals.

>Metal Gear
We need a weapon to surpass this!

>>837000
Maybe?

>>837009
>Book for 100G
Yeah, let's get that.

And since we happen to be heading to an ancient door, this book might have some important info in it for us!
>>
No. 837018 ID: 094652

rolled 3 + 7 = 10

Once again, ask for scraps he hasn't been able to sell.
>>
No. 837019 ID: f668c3

>>837009
Interesting... we may want to take a peak at that one ourselves. Alright buy that one. Do we want to get the gears for Ada? If we plan on spending some extra money in town we should check other places out. If nothing else catches our eye we should come back and get those Amythsts. Also we should see about getting some medical supplies while we are in town, make sure Troys arm will be okay.
>>
No. 837020 ID: 62d64c

>>837009
Let's buy the book. Just try not to burn it this time.

>>837016
>Metal Gear
This gave me a chuckle.
>>
No. 837023 ID: 91ee5f

>>837019
>make sure Troys arm will be okay.
His arm is going to be fine, Fiddler already healed it.
>>
No. 837026 ID: 13fded

I though we were at the scrap heaven and would have to find a way to carry forty pieces. This was disappointing...
My order stay the same, maybe with two acids instead of one plus the book. If we are going to explore an ancient ruin it might be good to learn a thing or two about the civilization that could had build it.
>>
No. 837028 ID: 91ee5f

>>837026
>two acids
Where are you seeing that? There's only 1 Battery Acid in stock.
>>
No. 837029 ID: 13fded

>>837028
Sorry, I'm stupid.
>>
No. 837030 ID: 8a947d
File 150811929212.png - (227.97KB , 1212x826 , Lost and Found 3.png )
837030

>rolled 3 + 7 = 10
You ask if he has any scrap left he couldn't sell.

Kale: Ain't nothing I can't sell.

You buy Battery Acid, The Magnifying Glass, The Amethyst Figurine, 3 Scrap Metals, A Wooden Ruler, and the Text Book all for 195G (758G ==>563G)

If you're done here than you have more places you can visit before you have to leave.

>Doctors/Barbershop
>Abandoned Building
>Armory
>Spend time at the bar.
>>
No. 837032 ID: 91ee5f

>>837030
Let's go to the Doctors/Barbershop to see if they'll sell us medical supplies. For those occasions where we're unable to summon Fiddler for some reason.
>>
No. 837033 ID: 62d64c

Do we still have the smartphone? If so, can we use it to contact Burquel or anyone else?
>>
No. 837039 ID: 3ce125

Look in the abandoned building for dead things.
>>
No. 837044 ID: 91ee5f

>>837033
We shouldn't still have it, since I'm pretty sure we already gave it back to Burqel after he undid the Dares he put on us.

And like he explained earlier, he needs 3 phones for his Dare ability to work, 1 for him to use, 1 for his wife to use, and 1 for the target to receive the dares. So I'm pretty sure he would've asked for it before we left, since it's very important for his ability to work.
>>
No. 837046 ID: 8a947d
File 150812422643.png - (328.06KB , 1195x762 , Abandoned Building 1.png )
837046

>>837033
You gave the phone back to Burqel a while ago.

>Abandoned Building
You decide to head for the marked abandoned building on your map for something. Castle did say it was something interesting after all. It's a little bit on the outskirts of the village in a swampy part of the area.

The building is a wreck, there's a giant whole in the side of it and the interior is basically empty, there's a note on the remains of the chimney and a trapdoor on the ground.
>>
No. 837047 ID: 13fded

rolled 16 + 10 = 26

Read the note and, well, look around.
>>
No. 837056 ID: 094652

Troy might need a medical checkup. Who knows what diseases the headlights carry?
>>
No. 837060 ID: 3ce125

Anything burnt left in the fireplace?
>>
No. 837065 ID: 8a947d
File 150812618386.png - (83.29KB , 1212x826 , Abandoned Building 2.png )
837065

>Fireplace
There's nothing notable in the thing except for ash and dust.

>Note
You read the note over the fireplace

"Alex"

"You weren't here so I had to leave, I could hear it in the water so I had to get out fast. I'm sorry but you should leave too. I left the thing in the safe in the basement like you said, You wanted me to think of a good code so I made one you could remember. If you forgot how the safe works too remember

LUCY loves to TAPdance"

"Jeb"

>>
No. 837071 ID: 3ce125

SECRETS! Open that trapdoor and descend. Also take the note. It's paper.
>>
No. 837073 ID: 91ee5f

>>837071
This.

Also, check the back of the note for anything else written on it.
>>
No. 837089 ID: 8a947d
File 150813155976.png - (58.54KB , 1212x826 , Abandoned Building 3.png )
837089

You grab the note just in case. There's nothing on the back of it.

You descend into the basement, it's empty save for a cylindrical container in the middle of the room which you assume is the safe the note talked about.
>>
No. 837090 ID: 8a947d
File 150813169377.png - (92.13KB , 1212x826 , Safe.png )
837090

The safe has no keypad or dial on it, but there is an elevated portion at the top. Below it there are four glass bulbs. What should you do to it ?
>>
No. 837092 ID: 3ce125

>>837090
Hmm. Try tapping the top and the bulbs. Actually just try manipulating the elevated surface in general to see what you can do to it.
>>
No. 837096 ID: 91ee5f

>>837092
This.

Just mess with the safe to see how it works.
>>
No. 837100 ID: 8d4593

Tap Morse code on the top.
.-.. ..- -.-. -.--

If that Doesn't work, tap it a specific number of times, and then wait and do it again.

12
21
3
25
>>
No. 837102 ID: 13fded

I assume you can interact with the bulbs, maybe by pressing or rotating. If the door is that portion in the front the structure on the top is either a button or a dial(witch you said it isn't).
If the bulbs have an on and off states there are 16 possible combination, and in this case I imagine the sequence to be on, off, on and off following the capitalized words and the lower case.
>>
No. 837114 ID: 094652

Left, Up, Center,... Yorganism.

Screw it, do the morse code thing.
>>
No. 837149 ID: 8a947d
File 150816266460.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837149

>Bulbs
You investigate the bulbs on the safe's front. They look like regular lights, the can't be moved and tapping them doesn't seem to yield any results.

>Morse Code
You decide to use Morse code and do your best to tap in .-.. ..- -.-. -.-- as quickly as possible on the small platform, but after a few taps the bulbs on the front flash red and the safe buzzes a loud negative sound.

>Numerical Code
You try numerical code next and tap on the pad twelve times. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Si-BUZZZ! On the sixth successive tap the lights flash and the safe buzzes again.

Neither Morse Code nor Numerical Code works on the safe.
>>
No. 837155 ID: 91ee5f

>>837149
Ok, this tells us 2 things:
1.) Tapping is how you enter the code.
2.) The code requires 6 taps.

Maybe it depends on how hard you tap it?

Actually, the sentence to remember the code is 6 syllables long. So maybe you have to tap it hard on the capital letters and tap it softly on the lower case letters?

Which would make "LUCY loves to TAPdance" into the code, "hard tap (LU), hard tap (CY), soft tap (loves), soft tap (to), hard tap (TAP), soft tap (dance)". Try doing that.
>>
No. 837160 ID: 8a947d
File 150816980787.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837160

>>837155
You try the hard tap soft tap technique. Again on the sixth tap the lights flash red and the safe buzzes negative. It doesn't sound like it wants six taps at once, more like that a series of successive taps can't go over five.
>>
No. 837166 ID: 91ee5f

>>837160
Ok, how about this?

Each light represents a series of taps for one part of the password, which means that there are 4 parts that each have a limit of 5 taps each.

I think my syllable idea and hard tap/soft tap technique could still work here. Since there's 4 words in the hint to remember, then each word could be part of the code.

Try the same thing, only this time, have a long pause in between each word you tap in. Which would be, "hard tap (LU), hard tap (CY), pause, soft tap (loves), pause, soft tap (to), pause, hard tap (TAP), soft tap (dance)".
>>
No. 837167 ID: 9c2d0c

for the sake of completeness, try shave and a haircut.

Is there some sort of song or rhyme involving Lucy that we are missing here? Might need more information for this other half of the clue.
>>
No. 837171 ID: 8a947d
File 150817337877.png - (136.89KB , 1212x826 , Safe 2.png )
837171

>>837166
You try 2 hard taps *pause* and 1 soft tap. One light shines green this time!

You try 1 more soft tap then a pause...but after that the lights go red again and the safe buzzes.

>>837167
Just in case you try shave and a haircut knock

Shave and a hair-cut (5 taps) *pause* Two bits (2 taps). One light shines green again but the rest stay unlit.
>>
No. 837194 ID: 3ce125

>>837171
Hmm... I suspect that the combination is how many lines are in each letter. L=2, U=1, C=1, Y=3. So two taps, pause, 1 tap, pause, 1 tap, pause, 3 taps.
>>
No. 837209 ID: 9c2d0c

>>837194
hmm, maybe you have something there. Didn't they have a different alphabet in this world though?
>>
No. 837220 ID: 8a947d
File 150819011797.png - (130.06KB , 1212x826 , Safe 3.png )
837220

>>837194
2 taps *pause* 1 tap, one bulb lights up.
1 tap *pause* 3 taps, one more bulb lights up.
There are still two more bulbs that haven't be activated yet.
>>
No. 837222 ID: 8d4593

so TAP
2 pause 3
...
Is P one line or two?
>>
No. 837227 ID: 91ee5f

>>837220
That's good! At least now, if you mess up, you already know how to get the first 2 bulbs to light up green!
>>
No. 837230 ID: d8a695

>>837222
if Y and A were 3 then P should be 2.
Don't forget 1 for J
>>
No. 837232 ID: 8a947d
File 150819290248.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837232

>>837222
>>837230

2 taps *pause* 3 taps. One more light shines green.

You tap 2 more times for the final part but the light's flash red and the safe buzzes.
>>
No. 837235 ID: d8a695

How high are the chances that the code written on a note, stuck where everybody could see it, perfectly describing the location the safe could be a trap?
>>
No. 837237 ID: 91ee5f

>>837232
>One more light shines green.
This is good! Now you know how to get the first 3 lights to turn green!

So repeat everything to get the first 3 lights to turn green, then for the final light, try: 1 tap *pause* 1 tap!
>>
No. 837239 ID: 8a947d
File 150819473769.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837239

>>837235
It's a possibility, then again if it was a plain trap then they would probably just put up exactly how to open the safe on the note. You don't have to open this safe though, so if you feel like it's a bad idea or too tedious you can just leave.

>>837237
2 taps *pause* 1 tap, one bulb lights up.
1 tap *pause* 3 taps, one more bulb lights up
2 taps *pause* 3 taps, another light shines green.
1 tap *pause* 1 tap, the final light shines green, but after a second all of them flash red again and the safe buzzes.
>>
No. 837244 ID: 91ee5f

>>837239
Ok, wow, that doesn't give you much time to open the safe!

But now, you know how to turn all the lights green, it's just a matter of getting the door open!

Put your hand on the door handle and repeat everything to light up all the lights. Then, as soon as the final light turns green, yank on the door to open it!
>>
No. 837246 ID: 8d4593

so 2 then 1 lights up
but
>>837171
so does 5 then 2.

I think a green light just means its accepted a sequence to check, not that the sequence is correct. Were missing something.

The Note reminds me of the theme song from Peanuts.

3 then 3
1 ten 1
3 then 1
then either another 3 then 3 or a 1 then 2
Depending on where in the song you are.
>>
No. 837274 ID: 8a947d
File 150820168196.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837274

>>837246
You try both of these combinations
3-3, 1-1, 3-1, 3-3. The safe doesn't open
3-3, 1-1, 3-1, 1-2. The safe doesn't open
>>
No. 837276 ID: 8d4593

He made a code that Alex could remember.

Perhaps look around the property, Look for personal effects or a grave site or landmark.

I think we might need Uma for this one.
>>
No. 837278 ID: 91ee5f

>>837276
>I think we might need Uma for this one.
Why?

Is it because she has the second highest Intelligence of our group and the old saying of, "Two heads are better than one."?
>>
No. 837287 ID: 8a947d
File 150820813292.png - (77.71KB , 1212x826 , Abandoned Building 4.png )
837287

>Uma
You go and grab Uma real quick. You bring her down to the safe and ask her what she thinks.

Uma: It's an old TapSafe. Their supposed to be real hard to break into since they don't use conventional codes.

You: What code do they use ?

Uma: I'm not really sure. Gya broke into a few and from what I remember the code used to open them is Similar to Morse Code but not quite
>>
No. 837288 ID: 3ce125

The combination that lit up all the lights was
2-1, 1-3, 2-3, 1-1.

Why the fuck would we try something with 3-3 in it? Did any of the lights even turn green with those two attempts?

Try the first successful combination again except try 1-2 on the last one to see if the light still turns green. There's a slim possibility that the second number in the last sequence wasn't correct and it was waiting for more taps. If not, then we have all the correct sequences, it just might not be in the right order.
Try it in reverse first: 1-1, 2-3, 1-3, 2-1. If that doesn't give any green lights then I think there's something that needs to be done after all lights are green. Maybe just pull on the damn door before the lights go out? Or smack the damn safe instead of tapping it?
>>
No. 837290 ID: 8a947d
File 150820913228.png - (101.27KB , 1212x826 , Safe 1.png )
837290

>>837288
You enter two more codes
2-1, 1-3, 2-3, 1-2. The safe doesn't open
1-1, 2-3, 1-3, 2-1. The safe doesn't open

Each pair of successive taps causes a light to shine green, but after all of the lights are green they flash red. Almost like the safe is accepting inputs but the final result is wrong so the safe rejects it. Lights would flash red before when a series of successive taps went over 5 or when there was only one set of taps.

From what Uma told you the type of code used for the safe is similar to Morse code
>>
No. 837293 ID: 3ce125

Okay then. Let's try to figure out what the alphabet is then.
I'll just make a guess here:
A 1-1
B 1-2
C 1-3
D 1-4
E 1-5
F 2-1
G 2-2
H 2-3
I 2-4
J 2-5
K 3-1
L 3-2
M 3-3
N 3-4
O 3-5
P 4-1
Q 4-2
R 4-3
S 4-4
T 4-5
U 5-1
V 5-2
W 5-3
X 5-4
Y 5-5
Z ???
Maybe Z is never used. If that's right, then LUCY is 3-2, 5-1, 1-3, 5-5.
>>
No. 837295 ID: 91ee5f

>>837290
Wait, it's Tap Code! That's similar to Morse Code!

Which would make LUCY: 3-1 (L), 4-5 (U), 1-3 (C), 5-4 (Y)!
>>
No. 837299 ID: 8a947d
File 150821083722.png - (143.83KB , 1212x826 , Safe Open.png )
837299

>>837295
You enter 3-1, 4-5, 1-3, 5-4. The lights on the front shine green and then blink green as the safe chirps and opens up!

Inside there's a bag full of 10 Rubies, 10 Sapphires, and 200 Gold Coins! Next to it is a broken knife, upon closer inspection the handle is made of charm wood. It's a Priest Charm Knife! There's also picture of a man and a young girl, on the back it reads.

Me and Dad on my 6th birthday
>>
No. 837301 ID: 91ee5f

>>837299
All right!

Take everything except the photo.

Thank Uma for her help.

Next, let's go to the Doctor and buy some medical supplies!
>>
No. 837314 ID: 3ce125

Take everything, show the photo around to see who these people were.
>>
No. 837332 ID: 8d4593

Take everything. Even the photo.
Higher Level Summon recipes seem to have more esoteric requirements, so it could come in handy.
>>
No. 837394 ID: 91ee5f

>>837314
>>837332
>Take photo.
Well, the only way taking the photo could help is if we ever need to summon a Harvester, since the photo probably counts as Something Stolen.
>>
No. 837395 ID: 62d64c
837395

>>837394
Technically, everything in there was stolen, so we could summon 222 harvesters.
>>
No. 837406 ID: 8a947d
File 150826097324.png - (203.73KB , 1212x826 , Doctor Barber 1.png )
837406

You grab everything in the safe and leave for the Doctor/Barbershop.

The inside is clean and tidy. There are two doors on both sides of the front counter, one with a picture of scissors and one with a picture of a syringe. Behind the front counter a tall man looks over a clip board. His name tag reads Dog. He speaks to you in a dead pan voice

Dog: If you need a haircut go to the door on the left, if you need immediate medical attention go to the door on the right.

Dog: If you need medical supplies or pharmaceuticals I serve legal safe medicine here at the front desk. Now what do you need today sir ?

You look over what you can buy. You have (763G)

Medical Ampule (x10) : Restores 10 health (50G)
Antivenom (x5): Cures Poison (100G)
Eyewash (x5): Cures Blind (100G)
Gauze (x5): Cures Bleed (100G)
First Aid Kit (x5): Restores 15 health and heals all ailments (200G)
Smelling Salts (x3): Revives a KO'd ally (200G)
Sugar (x5): To take with medicine (50G)
>>
No. 837413 ID: bccf1a

>>837406
We should get at least 2 of those first aid kits for certain
And a couple of those medical ampules, just for the other members of our party if they don’t have access to Fiddler
>>
No. 837414 ID: 3ce125

Most things here are really expensive, especially considering we have access to Fiddler Imp for healing.

Just about the only things we'd need are stuff to get Roland up and able to summon Fiddler Imp, so Smelling Salts. Just get one of those. The Medical Ampule seems like it might be able to be used in combat, is that right? I could see that being worth 50g. Nothing else is worth it though. Antivenom is too expensive considering we can use Fiddler Imp to keep someone alive through the effects of the poison.
>>
No. 837415 ID: 3ce125

Wait why is the sugar 50g? Is farming sugarcane really that difficult in this world?
...might be worth it for easier access to Choirkin...
>>
No. 837423 ID: 91ee5f

>>837406
Ask if the Sugar needs to be taken with medicine or if that's an optional thing? And then ask why it needs to be taken with medicine?

>>837413
This.

>>837414
Well, it'd be nice to have this stuff just in case our violin gets stolen or broken, Roland's arms get so damaged that he can't play the violin to summon Fiddler, or we're hiding from something/someone and we can't play the violin to summon Fiddler because it'll give away our hiding place when we're trying to be quiet.

>>837415
Actually, I think it's because Barleyville, the town we're at, is located close to a swamp and these people can't grow Sugar in a swamp. I think. I don't know how hard it is to grow anything in a swamp.
>>
No. 837428 ID: 8d4593

Sugar for sure
>>
No. 837435 ID: 8a947d
File 150827435142.png - (209.90KB , 1212x826 , Doctor Barber 2.png )
837435

>Why's sugar so expensive ?
Dog: It's good quality stuff. I grow and harvest it myself and it's not easy, a swamp may be a good environment to grow the stuff but it still takes work to grow anything.

>Take it with medicine ?
Dog: Ya know that saying "a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down" ? I'm not sure if it's true but parents like to give it to their kids after they take medicine. You don't have to do it but it helps.

You purchase one Bag of Sugar, a First Aid Kit, and two Medical Ampules for 350G (763G==>413G)

You feel like you've spent enough time looking around, Castles probably ready to move on by now.
>>
No. 837437 ID: 91ee5f

>>837435
>You feel like you've spent enough time looking around. Castles probably ready to move on by now.
Ok, let's move on.

Since we're in a swamp, there should be plenty of fish for Uma to use her ability on, if you guys end up getting into a fight.
>>
No. 837457 ID: 90f3c0

Let's get going, then.
>>
No. 837550 ID: 8a947d
File 150830491789.png - (302.01KB , 1212x826 , A Visitor.png )
837550

You head back to the bar to meet up with your group. On your way you decide to take in the scenery, even if the tree's are dead it's a nice change of pace from desert wasteland. The corpse tree's grow out of the ground dead, they bear no fruit or leaves and are constantly home to dangerous mosses that irritate the skin on touch. The tree's are only really good for cutting down and building or hiding behind.

Speaking of hiding behind trees, should you do something about the person clearly watching you from behind that tree next to you?
>>
No. 837555 ID: 62d64c

>>837550
Aether Scan him to see if they're a threat. If not, ignore him until he decides to approach you.
>>
No. 837571 ID: 830fb7

>>837550
Aether Scan him. If he is not a threat then say hello, if he is a threat pull out your gun and say hello.
>>
No. 837572 ID: 8d4593

say Hi
>>
No. 837574 ID: 3583d1

Use the ol' Aether Scan.
>>
No. 837577 ID: 91ee5f

>>837550
>home to dangerous mosses that irritate the skin on touch.
>person clearly watching you from behind that tree next to you?
I wonder if that person is even aware of that?

>Everyone saying to use Aether Scan
Good idea! Aether Scan let's us identify friend and foe.

But do we have enough blood? We didn't exactly rest after the chase through the tunnels, so we might still only have 28oz of blood in our system.

If we're low on blood, then let's use that Blood Restorative (20oz) before we use Aether Scan.
>>
No. 837581 ID: 094652

rolled 9 + 8 = 17

Sneak up behind him and knock him out.
>>
No. 837597 ID: 91ee5f

>>837581
No, Kome, don't do that! He's already staring at us, so we can't sneak up on him!
>>
No. 837604 ID: c511ce

Call out to them
>>
No. 837633 ID: 8a947d
File 150834834188.png - (288.44KB , 1212x826 , A Visitor 1.png )
837633

You stop moving and put your hand on your gun.

You: Come out now, If you don't want to get shot.

The figure behind the tree slowly moves out from behind. The white face paint gives away that it's a Shadowman. Not just any Shadowman, it's the boss you attacked in Ulrik's Weapon Shop.

Boss: We both know that a gun shot is like a mosquito bite to me, but I understand if you want to shoot anyway
>>
No. 837636 ID: 23d381

>>837633
See you finally got tired of sending in minions to try and get me. So are you here to throw down then?
>>
No. 837637 ID: 62d64c

>>837633
He's not here for a fight, he wants something from us.

Hear him out, but be ready to fight if he decides to make things messy.
>>
No. 837639 ID: c511ce

>>837633
"Try playing the big man all you want, but you're running out of time, aren't ya?
Someone breathing down your neck?"
>>
No. 837642 ID: 13fded

Holy shit dude! This is like approaching a puppy whimpering and find out it's a huge bear. Why were you hiding behind a tree?
If you wanted to attack you would had prepared a trap like everyone who came in your behalf before. What do you want?
>>
No. 837643 ID: 9b80a5

"could you just like, screw off or something. just like leave me alone its very annoying having to fight your men. so is this a talk or a fight?"
>>
No. 837645 ID: c511ce

>>837633
We can make a you know that i know that you know kind of thing with those dreams we have. Plan C now, is it.
>>
No. 837649 ID: 3ce125

>>837633
He said his goal was the most noble there is. Ask what it is.
Also what's with the bag?
>>
No. 837650 ID: 8d4593

I was warned by a god that a great and dangerous trial lay ahead.

And here you are.

Walk with me.
What do you need?
>>
No. 837667 ID: c511ce

>>837633
>I understand if you want to shoot anyway
shoot him a few times to make sure(and for fun)
>>
No. 837669 ID: 8a947d
File 150835319425.png - (317.26KB , 1212x826 , A Visitor 2.png )
837669

You keep your had on your gun and begin to pull it out of it's holster.

You: What do you want ? We gonna fight, Is that it ?

Boss: If I wanted to kill you I wouldn't have shown myself obviously, or maybe I would've. You've proven to be hard to kill to so I may be using some less than orthodox methods.

Boss: ...Heh sorry, I'm not here to fight, I just want to talk.

You: About?

Boss: Your group is on route to something important yes ? I'm not sure what it is exactly but I know it's something with a lot of power. You need that big chunk of azerite to get inside, but it's not going to work.

You: What do you mean it won't work ?

Boss: You have a giant piece of your azerite missing and I know for a fact the door won't open without it. I came across a similar piece of technology near Itsdin, it's what I wanted your azerite for. It needs a full orb to operate.

Boss: I want to make a deal with you. I have an azerite shard here that will fit with the orb you have, but if I give it to you you have to agree to partner with me.

You: Why do you want to partner with me all of a sudden after trying to kill me so many times ? And just what are you trying to get done that would force you to want to team up ?

Boss: You seem reasonable, and I'm running out of options. Besides this benefits both of us, I'm trying to create a new world, one without the Church and lush with greenery. A complete departure from the wasteland we live in today, I don't know what you're trying to do but can't you understand why I'm doing what I'm doing ? It'll all be worth it in the end when I succeed, and you'll definitely like not having priests chase you around won't you ?

Boss: If you say no then I'll just have to go on home and think of some other way to get more Azerite and you'll be stuck with a broken key having traveled all this way for nothing.
>>
No. 837671 ID: 65dabf

It would be nice to talk for once instead of fighting, so let´s hear what he has to say. We might not get a truce out of this, but any information about our enemy is welcome.
>>
No. 837672 ID: b0f04f

>>837669
... You know what I find funny? Assuming of course you aren't lying, we've been fighting the same battle for the same side. I guess its true what they say about lack of communication leading to violence. So let's have a sit down talk alright? No weapons, just discussion of our dream.
>>
No. 837673 ID: 65dabf

>>837671
Oopsy, i was late.
Quite convinient to have the same goal. His methods are far from ideal nonetheless. Someone is going to have to give up his dream in the end, the thing is, who will?
>>
No. 837674 ID: c511ce

>>837669
>I'm trying to create a new world, one without the Church and lush with greenery.
What a fucking coincidence. Did Datba tell you about this?
>>
No. 837675 ID: 0d45a9

I've been seeing dream visions cause of this azerite. So if you've got azerite, what have you been seeing?

What you're saying seems awfully suspicious, because my goal is exactly the same as that, especially after how hard you've tried to kill me. Regardless, I doubt the rest of my group would be willing to partner up after what you've done.
>>
No. 837677 ID: 094652

"Here is how this works: You give me your piece of Azerite. I end this."
>>
No. 837678 ID: 3ce125

>>837669
Tell him that's the same goal you have. Kindof suspicious actually, how do you know he's telling the truth?
>>
No. 837682 ID: 62d64c

To be fair, we shot him first. He's more likely than not to stab us in the back, but we might need whatever he's got. Ask to see the piece before agreeing to anything.
>>
No. 837688 ID: 13fded

So he just show up and say everything we would want to hear? I don't believe him. He must know how seducing those words are.
We've been talking about restart the world with everyone: friends, enemies, pagans, priests, shop keepers. Maybe he say us in his own azerite dreams. Maybe he used voodoo to hear us. Maybe he asked someone we talked with before.

Agree to meet him at the door. No need to travel side by side with the men who tried to have us killed almost as many times as the church.
>>
No. 837694 ID: 8a947d
File 150835807254.png - (226.19KB , 1212x826 , A Visitor 3.png )
837694

You: Wow we just happen to have the same goal huh ? What are the odds of that ? How do I know you aren't just lying, do you even have azerite with you ?

Boss: What ? Do you think you're the only person in the world that wants the Church gone or wants to live somewhere that isn't just desert wasteland ? Plenty of people wish things were better but they don't have the power to do anything, but we do; or at least we might if we get to the end of this.

Boss: As for the azerite it's right here.

Boss pulls the shard of azerite of the bag.

Boss: And I haven't seen anything because I keep my azerite in protective containers that block the radiation. It doesn't hurt you too much but eventually it'll fuck with your head to a point where you'll start seeing shit.

Boss tosses you a large bag.

Boss: Keep your azerite in that from now on, it should stop the visions. Anyway, I still haven't gotten an answer from you.

You: Even if I did say yes I'm not sure my friends will want to team up with you.

Boss: That's fair, but think about what's best for your mission. That door won't open without this, I assure you my mission is the same as your's not because I'm trying to trick or deceive you, but because I care about the world I live in enough to want to change it.

Boss: I'll ask you again, do you want to work together ?
>>
No. 837696 ID: b0f04f

>>837694
I think it would open up more fronts for us if we did, but like I said would I might have a hard time convincing my people that you are serious about this. Might the same also apply to Slim and Shorty?
>>
No. 837699 ID: 65dabf

Is not like we have any other choise, i don´t belive fighting him here now is a good option, he is way to powerful. I gess making a truce IS actually posible, if not mandatory. Lest just keep your eye on him, ask him what his plan is.
>>
No. 837700 ID: 13fded

We will meet at the door.
>>
No. 837701 ID: 0d45a9

Comprise maybe? Let me talk to my friends then we meet again?

Gotta ask something though, why try to kill me over the azerite instead of talking, what's changed? I know I kinda shot you in the head when we first met, but still.
>>
No. 837703 ID: 3ce125

>>837694
Alright, but tell him if he betrays you his Voodoo powers won't protect him. Also ask what he means by "see shit". What kind of shit?

You should confirm the Azerite radiation hallucination thing with an outside source before sealing it off. Who knows, maybe the long-term "hallucinations" are what happens when you start to see beyond the veil of reality. Also I wouldn't trust that bag he gave you. It could be enchanted to steal the azerite somehow.
>>
No. 837713 ID: 91ee5f

>>837694
You guys are far enough away that you're talking pretty loud in order to hear each other. I think you should reach into your pocket and hold the button to talk on the walkie, that way Troy can hear that your talking to someone and they're trying to get the Azurite. Then he can get the others and they'll come looking for you.

>>837703
>Also I wouldn't trust that bag he gave you. It could be enchanted to steal the azerite somehow.
I agree with that!
>>
No. 837724 ID: c511ce

Let's see what Issei says after taking a whiff of that guy.
>>
No. 837726 ID: 62d64c

Let's work with him for now, but whether he joins our group or not depends on how the others feel about it.

>>837724
He's rotten, but that doesn't mean he's lying about his goals.
>>
No. 837727 ID: 27600a

>>837694
God damn do I want to believe you, I really do.
You're right about seeing shit, and what I've seen leads me to believe you and your crew isn't really all that bad. But from what I hear about you and your loa pals is that deals are a dangerous thing. Also the previously trying to kill me stuff, that too.
If we do this, cause I'm willing to actually make a deal for that azerite, we're going to discuss terms.
>>
No. 837733 ID: 91ee5f

We should not make any deals with him at all! That's the basics of voodoo, according to Ada, you make deals and receive power!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a literal power over deals! For example: If we make a deal with him, we have to fulfill it or else he takes our soul or something like that!

And even if he really does want to work together, this isn't a decision that Roland should be making by himself! We should talk with the others first and get their opinion!
>>
No. 837750 ID: 8a947d
File 150837223539.png - (183.96KB , 1212x826 , A Visitor 4.png )
837750

You: Part of me really want's to believe you, and honestly I don't have much of a choice; but I know making a deal with a voodoo man isn't too great an idea. How about we meet up with the rest of my group and see how they feel about it.

Boss: Sounds fine to me.

You usher Boss to get in front of you as you walk behind him with your hand still on your gun just in case. You enter back into the bar and everybody stares in surprise as Boss is the first one to enter with you following behind him. Castle's confused, Troy's eyes widen in disbelief, Issei is making that face he always makes, but Uma reacts differently...
>>
No. 837752 ID: 8a947d
File 150837259801.png - (257.31KB , 1212x826 , Boss.png )
837752

Uma: Hakim!

Hakim: Uma ? What are you doing with these guys ?

Uma: They helped me with Gya! She hasn't been a problem for two whole days! Troy's been helping me learn how to use my Prophet abilities!

Troy waves still a little confused as to whats happening.

Hakim: So...They helped you with Gya ? and this is where you've been all this time ? Well I'll be a son of a gun this is just too odd!

Uma: Roland, Where did you find him ? And Hakim what are you doing here anyway ?
>>
No. 837753 ID: 3ce125

>>837752
Oh for fuck's sake. Well, tell Uma that you had some run-ins with his goons a couple times before he backed off and Gya decided to come after you on her own. Can she vouch for his goals?
>>
No. 837758 ID: c81293

>>837752
... Huh. Alright then so this bodes well for us getting to be on good terms. I mean we spared Slim and Shorty and now he sees that Uma is still alive. I'd say we are starting off remarkably well.

But yeah can she vouch for him?
>>
No. 837762 ID: c511ce

>>837752
we already knew some of their relationship through dreams, so that's not much of a surprise.
Hey Issei, still haven't found some new clothes your size?
>>
No. 837764 ID: 91ee5f

>>837752
>Hakim!
They know each other?! Well, that at least makes figuring out the truth a little easier.....I hope.

"So let me guess, brother and sister? Childhood friends? Boyfriend and girlfriend?"

>They helped me with Gya! She hasn't been a problem for two whole days!
"Yeah, it turns out her problem was Gya lied to Uma and said she'd take her soul if she didn't obey. But, thanks to Troy here, Uma now knows that Gya can't take Uma's soul because that would kill Uma and if Uma dies, then Gya would also die."

>Roland, Where did you find him? And Hakim what are you doing here anyway?
"I was actually on my way here, when I saw him spying on me from behind a tree. Then he starts talking about how we should work together and he's wanting my Azurite so that he can open a door he found in Itsdin. The same kinda door that Castle found and requires Azurite to open it. Although, after how often he's tried to kill me, I'm having a very hard time believing his story on wanting to help."
>>
No. 837784 ID: 62d64c

Let Hakim explain himself to them. Quietly ask Issei how he smells.

>>837764
Gya was working for him. Uma just happened to be along for the ride.
>>
No. 837791 ID: 8a947d
File 150837832472.png - (170.58KB , 1212x826 , Boss 2.png )
837791

You: Hakim's sent some of his men to attack me on several occasions, the most notable one was a giant sandworm.

Uma: Really Hakim ?

Hakim: Well...He did kinda shoot me in the head first.

You: After you planned to kill somebody in Itsdin.

Hakim: I wasn't going to kill him, it wasn't exactly a friendly visit but he still would've been alive at the end. Besides, Ulrik cheated me out of 15,000 gold coins!

Uma: Was it for revenge because of something YOU did first ?

Hakim: ...maybe

Uma: Regardless, I've known Hakim for a long time now. He sort of kept Gya on a leash and stopped her from doing anything too dangerous.

Hakim: I had to make compromises with her, since I have no idea how prophets work I felt like it'd be safer than directly challenging her.

Uma: Whatever Hakim needs must be important. He never likes to ask for help from anybody. So what is it ?

You explain to everybody the deal that Hakim wanted to make with you.

Troy: Kinda seems like we ain't got much of a choice now huh ? but if he does join he better keep his voodoo bullshit to a minimum.

Castle: If we need it to open the door then I guess we gotta, but I agree with Troy he better not pull any tricks.

Issei: surprisingly he smells just fine, so i guess i can live with it.
>>
No. 837796 ID: b0f04f

>>837791
Well shit, if Issei doesn't smell anything off the main boss that says something. Especially if he can control dudes who aren't necessarily good themselves, remember the two voodoo guys Issei ate on the airship? Those guys were rotten.

Let's shake on it!
>>
No. 837797 ID: 3ce125

>>837791
>he's not rotten
What, seriously? Just like that priest, huh.
You know, we're not completely sure the door won't open with just the chunk we have. How about we tell him he can tag along until the door, then we'll see if we really need his piece at which point he can officially join up as an ally. But no promises other than that.
>>
No. 837805 ID: 3ce125

>"Short Man: The only thing we's gonna smuggle is this old fools body out in a casket, hehehe."
This is why we thought they were going to kill him. Either that was an exaggeration back then, or he's lying right now. (I'm leaning towards the former, because it fits better with the way the story's going)
>>
No. 837809 ID: 91ee5f

>>837791
>I had to make compromises with her, since I have no idea how prophets work I felt like it'd be safer than directly challenging her.
I have a feeling that Uma will fill him in on that.

>Everyone says bring him.
"Well sounds like everyone's agreed that you can tag along, so I guess you're coming with us. But I also agree with keeping that voodoo shit aimed away from us. Point it at some monster or a Priest, just not at us!"
>>
No. 837811 ID: 8d4593

We have much to discuss... but for now I suppose we can work together.

JOIN THE AZURITE

Do not keep the Azurite in a protective container, btw. The Visions have proven useful.
>>
No. 837814 ID: 65dabf

Issei has a wonderful and peculiar ability, we already know what it does, and still doesn't ceases to surprise me. Welp, if he says he is good, he is good.
>>
No. 837817 ID: 91ee5f

>>837784
>Gya was working for him. Uma just happened to be along for the ride.
That's not entirely accurate.

For all we know, Uma and Hakim could've known each other for a while and then suddenly Gya showed up.
>>
No. 837823 ID: 830fb7

>>837791
>>837811
I wonder how Hakim would react if (after we combine the Azurite to make it whole and we keep holding onto it like we have) we told him the visions the azurite gives you are specifically things about people/groups that wish to interfere or harm you, and that why you always knew he was coming, because you could see every time they had a meeting talking about there next attack on you (also bring up that he sounded really distressed about Uma not coming back after her disappearance).
>>
No. 837831 ID: 91ee5f

>>837823
>(also bring up that he sounded really distressed about Uma not coming back after her disappearance).
I guess we could say that. And when he asks how you knew about that, we just tell him, "Azurite."
>>
No. 837832 ID: 3ce125

He already knew about the visions. He could tell Gallows was watching in the last one that was related to him.
>>
No. 837915 ID: 8a947d
File 150843061780.png - (191.60KB , 1212x826 , Azerite DIng.png )
837915

It seems like everybody is in agreement. Hakim hands you his Azerite shard and place into the missing chunk of yours. The shards of Azerite fuse together and create a perfect orb.

Castle: Well, if that's settled let's get a move on.

Before you go with Castle you've got something important to do...

You level up!

[Pistols 2] ==> [Pistols 3] (+5 to rolls involving pistols. Efficiently Dual Wield pistols with precise accuracy)
[Summoning 2] ==> [Summoning 3] (+5 to rolls involving summoning. Replace 1 reagent in a summon with 10oz of blood (Cannot be the catalyst))

When you're done Castle exits the bar and you follow.
>>
No. 837921 ID: 8a947d
File 150843153911.png - (620.18KB , 1212x826 , A Walk.png )
837921

It's a bit of a walk, really it's a LOT of a walk. You're well outside of Barleyville's borders and you don't even see any abandoned buildings that surround the place. Uma and Hakim chat behind you two like long friends which you guess they are. You aren't entirely sure if Hakim will stay with your group or if he just wants to see whats behind the door, but since you have Uma you don't think he'll do anything to crazy to double cross you guys or at least not too soon.

Troy's on his second cigarette of the day, he complains about Issei's strawberry addiction too much that it seems like he's ignoring his own. It's sort of sad to know that he quit before and only started up again once he joined your group.

You decide to talk a little to Castle since you don't really know what he does as a pagan.

Castle: I'm mostly a scout, but on my down time I help Burqel with his tinkering. He sorta needs help when he's only like 4 feet tall.

Hakim: So there are different classes of pagan ? Like you're a Summoner and he's a Scout ?

Castle: Sorta...but really I'm not sure I should reveal too much about it...

Your group finally arrives after an extensive walk and hike, the area around is no longer as swampy but the ground is still covered in the same dead yellow grass. In front of you is a large cave that Castle leads you into...
>>
No. 837923 ID: 8a947d
File 150843203605.png - (55.31KB , 1212x826 , A Walk 2.png )
837923

The cave goes deep, almost too deep to feel real. As you go through you notice that the rigid rocky cave walls begin to slowly smooth out and even the deeper you go. The Azerite in your pack begins to buzz and glow the deeper down you go. eventually the cave looks less like a cave and more like a stone hallway, when finally the floor is perfectly level and the walls are completely flat and geometric.

After a bit more walking you finally come up to it...
>>
No. 837924 ID: 8a947d
File 150843229416.png - (78.91KB , 1212x826 , A Door.png )
837924

A large door with a circular indentation in the front perfect for your azerite to fit into. Multiple nodes and glowing circuits line the door and the wall pulsing with light, with each pulse from the lines and nodes your azerite pulses with them.

Hakim: It's like the one I found...but a LOT bigger.

Troy: ...

Castle: Well Gallows ? Go on and unlock it.
>>
No. 837925 ID: 8d4593

Summon 3 Sounds Legit to me.
Between That and fusion summons, We'll be able to summon stuff CHEAP.
I take it the Catalyst is typically the most Expensive/Weirdest thing used for the summoning?

Anyway.
OPEN THAT SHIT
>>
No. 837929 ID: 19dd52

Fingers crossed for like, a big chunk of Athmoor or a clue or something. We may be working with Hakim but damnit if we're gonna use voodoo rather than paganism to fix the world!

Open it.
>>
No. 837930 ID: 91ee5f

>>837915
>[Pistols 2] ==> [Pistols 3] (+5 to rolls involving pistols. Efficiently Dual Wield pistols with precise accuracy)
Yay! Now we can Dual Wield!

>[Summoning 2] ==> [Summoning 3] (+5 to rolls involving summoning. Replace 1 reagent in a summon with 10oz of blood (Cannot be the catalyst))
And if we're missing something, we can use blood instead! Just, don't use it too much.

>>837924
>It's like the one I found...but a LOT bigger.
I guess that just means that whatever's behind this one is going to be more impressive? Maybe?

>Well Gallows? Go on and unlock it.
"Ok. Everyone stand back a little. There's no telling what's going to happen when I open this."

Then insert the Azurite.
>>
No. 837941 ID: 8a947d
File 150843646069.png - (60.56KB , 1212x826 , A Door 2.png )
837941

You: Everybody stand back, there's not telling what could be behind this thing...

You insert the azerite orb into the slot on the door. The lights around the door glow bright as it opens to reveal...nothing. There's nothing inside. At first you feel a tinge of disappointment before looking closer at the interior, there's a panel with buttons on it next to the door. Almost like an elevator.

You all enter and you press the button to make the elevator go down. It descends for a while at a faster than average speed until it stops and the doors open once again.
>>
No. 837945 ID: 8a947d
File 150843677024.png - (248.96KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 1.png )
837945

The doors open to a massive room, despite how old it may be there are no cobwebs or dust anywhere. The walls seem to be made of gold, there are doors leading off to different rooms but their closed and locked. What really catches your eye is that your azerite is almost pulling you towards the odd platform in the back of the room in front of the red curtain.

Troy: Well I'll be damned...

Castle: What is this ?

Issei: i can't believe it.

You walk up to the platform in the back where there's another slot for you to put your azerite.
>>
No. 837946 ID: 6eae4a

>>837945
Check behind the curtain.
>>
No. 837948 ID: 0d45a9

You recognise something Issei?
>>
No. 837954 ID: c81293

>>837945
So what is this then? What’s going on? Why does everyone recognize this place?
>>
No. 837957 ID: 3ce125

Don't use the azerite again just yet. Fully explore what you can first.
>>
No. 837959 ID: 8a947d
File 150843839634.png - (99.32KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 2.png )
837959

>>837946
There's nothing behind the curtain, but there is a large space like something should be there.

>>837948
>>837954
Nobody recognizes anything, it's probably just general awe and wonder from being in a room where the walls are lined with gold.

>>837957
Every door past the the openings in the walls are shut and locked, there's nowhere to go except for the main room you are currently in.

The platform has a message flashing on it.

[AWAITING INPUT]
>>
No. 837961 ID: c81293

>>837959
Uma? Any ideas what this is?
>>
No. 837962 ID: 3ce125

>>837959
Welp here we go guys.

Slap it in there.
>>
No. 837972 ID: 91ee5f

>>837961
This is her first time here, just like everyone else. So the obvious answer is going to be no, she has no idea what this is.

>>837962
This.
>>
No. 837975 ID: 19dd52

Ask everyone and also Fiddler.
>>
No. 837985 ID: 8a947d
File 150844165251.png - (142.69KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 3.png )
837985

You place the azerite into the slot on the platform. The room begins to shake and you can hear machinery and gears twisting and turning. The curtains in front of you open up...
>>
No. 837987 ID: 8a947d
File 150844184320.png - (187.68KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 4.png )
837987

Behind the curtain is what looks like a smaller barred room, Inside a man is sitting at a desk with his hands folded over his face. When he speaks his booming voice echoes in your head.

???: Is it time ? Have we finally begun ? The stage is set and the game is getting started

???: Welcome Red Team, We can finally begin...
>>
No. 837990 ID: c81293

>>837987
... What?

This whole time... we’ve been building up to...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5CD4znx9g
>>
No. 837995 ID: 3ce125

Ask what the game is, what the rules are, and who the other team is.
>>
No. 837998 ID: 91ee5f

>>837995
This.

Along with asking who he is and what is this place.

And since this sounds like some kind of competition, ask what the prize is for winning.
>>
No. 838013 ID: 8a947d
File 150844377003.png - (149.92KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 5.png )
838013

After the initial shock and subsequent confusion you speak up.

You: W-who are you ? What is this place ? a-and what game are you talking about ?

Administrator: Oh of course! Where are my manners ? I am the Administrator and this is my Gilded Cage!

The man unfolds his hands revealing a red bandanna with a smile printed over it.

Administrator: You have managed to collect a large enough amount of azerite to enter my cage and start the game, but first let me explain what the game is.

Administrator: You see the world you live on, the one you know as Second Helchaim, is dying. This is not a new occurrence however as the world has ended many times before and will end many times after. That is where we come in, Me and my sister have been tasked with the renewal of this world every time it comes to an end.

Administrator: It is our burden, our punishment but one we've grown accustomed to. To win our game you will have to collect enough azerite to power the World-Kiln at the heart of my Gilded Cage and start it. Then as your reward you will rule over the new world as it's god.

Administrator: Simple yes ? Or do you have more questions for me ?
>>
No. 838016 ID: 3ce125

>>838013
Why does the world keep dying? Who's the current god? Who's your sister?
>>
No. 838018 ID: 404570

>>838016
In addition to this, what if we don't want to be the new god? What if instead I want to bring Athmoor back? Would Gallows become Athmoor or something? And what about our opposition? Have they started as well? I would assume you would know.

And by the sound of it this game has played out before. So what gives?
>>
No. 838019 ID: 404570

Also what about our friends here, i'm assuming since they are part of my team they would become part of the pantheon as well?
>>
No. 838023 ID: 91ee5f

What happens to the people that are still up there when the world ends? (Sudden worry about what will happen to Ada.)

And you said the prize would be becoming the god of the new world. If we're all on a team, then why are you using the singular 'god' instead of the plural 'gods'? Are you planning on having us turn against each other for the prize?
>>
No. 838026 ID: 094652

Take the Azurite, flip the charlatan, and leave.
>>
No. 838036 ID: 6eae4a

>>838013
Is there another team?
>>
No. 838041 ID: 8a947d
File 150844891003.png - (137.56KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 6.png )
838041

>Why does the world keep dying?
Administrator: War, Disease, Natural Disaster. Plenty of unfortunate events that can completely wreck the worlds ecosystem and kill billions. Its different every time and so is the game really.

>The current god?
Administrator: Well... it WAS Athmoor, the poor fool was too nice for his own good. The current "Gods" stole his prize and now they've gone and ruined it.

>Your sister?
Administrator: Oh yes The Moderator, she's in charge of the enemy team. Speaking of which they should be discovering her Gilded Cage right about...now, so I guess the race has started.

>Will my team become part of the pantheon ?
Administrator: If you want them to, You will become the big G God, and anyone you want to be part of your inner circle you can grant a shard of your power. From there on they can stay in your new world or leave, they'll have enough power to do as they wish.

>What happens to everybody else ?
Administrator: Everybody who is not inside of my Gilded Cage upon your victory will be deleted from existence. If that worries you I assure you it will be fine, if you want somebody to survive all you must do is bring them down here when you win. The Gilded Cage has hosted armies in it's halls, it is much bigger than you think.

>Other team ?
Administrator: Of course there is another team! I'm not sure who they are but If you found me then they'll have found my sister. That's usually how these things go.

Is that all ?
>>
No. 838042 ID: 3ce125

...how much Azerite do we need? Does carrying around Azerite unshielded for a long period of time make you hallucinate uselessly, or are the visions useful? Are you locked in as the one who will ascend to be the main god? What happens if you die, in that case?

Current plan is: defeat the enemy team (priests I'm guessing), then bring everyone on the planet in here. Issei can weed out most of the bad apples, and that's enough really. We don't need to pass judgement on everyone, just get rid of the worst offenders.
>>
No. 838044 ID: 094652

Question: How is Azurite formed? What are the main ingredients?

>Genocide
How about no.

>What do
Hakim likely found the other gate. Gather your armies, and raid the blue gate. Then protect both gates and overload the Azurite reactor at the core, never activating it. See what happens when it takes in more Azurite than it was meant to.
>>
No. 838047 ID: 163757

we said we wouldn't do it if it meant killing everyone that's currently alive now.
>>
No. 838048 ID: a633c6

I'd really rather not unmake anybody at all!
>>
No. 838049 ID: 91ee5f

>>838041
So we're supposed to go back out into the world and bring back more Azurite before the other team does? That's gonna be kinda hard, considering Azerite ain't exactly easy to find. Can you give us a hint or something on how to find it?

What if the other team dies? Either from us or some other means, do we automatically win?

And what happens to Prophets and their gods? Because if they become a god and they already have a god inside of them, what'll happen to both the Prophet and the god?
>>
No. 838050 ID: 19dd52

Is the other teams job to keep the world the same, or to end it and the cycle?

Because if its the latter we just need to save as many people as possible and hope for the best.
>>
No. 838053 ID: 13fded

We have to play, if nothing else to prevent the other team. Is there any consequence to delay both teams victory?
In any case, the first thing we need to do at the start of this game is inform the pagans and any persecuted community that is friendly to us so they can prepare to evacuate to those golden halls.
>>
No. 838067 ID: 8a947d
File 150845239412.png - (143.63KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 7.png )
838067

>The other team's goal ?
Admin: The other team has the same goal as you do. Get enough azerite, create new world, become gods.

Admin: And even if you don't complete the game, they will. Which means YOU'LL be the ones to be unmade.

>How much azerite ?/ Azerite hallucinations ?
Admin: 10 Good orbs should be enough, the enemy team will need the same amount. Azerite can cause prophetic hallucinations, realistic nightmares, expositional visions, and occasionally in more concentrated forms can make you hear voices that suggest action and dialogue to you.

>What if I die ?/enemy team dies ?
Admin: If you die somebody else will get to become the main god and if you're whole team dies, well the enemy will have an easier time winning.

At the end of the day if you don't play the game the enemy team will win and you'll be deleted from reality instead. Right now your best bet is to head back to New Olmec to inform the rest of the pagans what's going on.
>>
No. 838073 ID: 91ee5f

>>838067
>10 Good orbs should be enough
Does that include the one we used to get in here? Because that would mean that we need 9 Good orbs, not 10.

>Right now your best bet is to head back to New Olmec to inform the rest of the pagans what's going on.
Then let's get going!
>>
No. 838075 ID: 0d45a9

Huh. So the azerite is why we're here, neato. Good thing you didn't put it in the shielded bag.

Given that this is a pretty large chunk of azerite, would it be safe to stash any additional chunks we find here? Or would we have to carry all of it with us?
>>
No. 838078 ID: 8a947d
File 150845434470.png - (256.53KB , 1212x826 , Map.png )
838078

>>838073
Admin: The prime orb was necessary to gain access, you still need 10 more to win.

>>838075
Admin: Any azerite you find should be immediately fed into the World-Kiln below.

Castle: So...now we gotta get back to Ebony huh ?

Admin: If you need to get anywhere you may use the facilities here to warp back to whatever waystone you need to be at. What sort of home base doesn't have this sort of convenience ?

The platform in front of you displays a large map, you slot your waykey into the panel and a number of red dots representing waystones light up. You tap on New Olmec's dot and get ready to warp.
>>
No. 838079 ID: 8a947d
File 150845440305.png - (258.75KB , 1212x826 , Map Error.png )
838079

An error message goes across the screen.

[THIS WAYSTONE IS UNAVAILABLE]
>>
No. 838080 ID: 91ee5f

>>838079
"Uhh, Castle? I think we've got a problem. I can't warp to the Waystone in New Olmec. Do you think they've been attacked?"

But if New Olmec is under attack, then that would also include Troy's sister being in danger!

There's really only one thing we can do. Choose a Waystone closest to New Olmec and then find transportation of some kind to get to New Olmec!
>>
No. 838081 ID: 3ce125

It looks like there are more waystones than places we've visited, unless I'm misremembering... What other choices do we have?
>>
No. 838083 ID: 91ee5f

>>838081
Let me think.

There's Itsdin, Gudon, Ender Port, and Ebony Port.
>>
No. 838151 ID: 65dabf

For the record, i think Issei should be the prime god, i mean, he is the one who can detect evil and al that, so that makes him perfect for the job.
>>
No. 838228 ID: 8d4593

Go to the waystone nearest new Olmec. Travel the long way. There is business to attend too.
>>
No. 838231 ID: 3ce125

Personally I think if we're going anywhere it should be to another pagan colony. We have access to two, IIRC, and some other waystones that aren't strictly pagan-controlled.
>>
No. 838287 ID: e7fef0

>>838151
Nah man, Issei should be the judge of the dead. Good person in life? Welcome to heaven! Bad person in life? OMNOMNOM!

Use the way stone closest to New Olmec and would only provide as little travel as possible to get there
>>
No. 838339 ID: 8d4593

We should All stand back for a moment.
Look around.
Ask everyone...
How do they feel about this...
And if we win... What would they want?
>>
No. 838357 ID: 8a947d
File 150854621846.png - (256.53KB , 1212x826 , Map.png )
838357

Something is wrong with the Lounge waystone network. The closest available Waystone is the one in Ender Port. You really hope it's just an error in the waystones or something like that but you need to get over there quick to be sure.

>>838339
Before you do go you decide to talk to your team about doing this and what they think about.

Issei: i wouldn't want to if there was a choice, but if somebody else is playing this "game" then the problem is unavoidable anyway.

Troy: It kinda looks like we have to doesn't it ? Besides, a whole new world to walk around in sounds pretty good.

Uma: From the sound of it...we need to win, or else we and everyone else we know will be deleted from existence.

Castle: No choice, we hafta do this.

Hakim: I want to win this Gallows, let's get this done.

You tap on the dot representing Ender Port and your team warps.
>>
No. 838359 ID: 8a947d
File 150854625248.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , A Transition.png )
838359

...
>>
No. 838361 ID: 8a947d
File 150854675733.png - (197.05KB , 1212x826 , Old Trouble in New Olmec.png )
838361

Your name is Damian "Flint" Underwood the head summoner of the New Olmec branch of pagans. You haven't slept in two days and have been running off of coffee to get your work done. For the past month you've been going over lost journals and books in search for more powerful summon recipes and the location of esoteric and rare reagents to use in them.

Recently you've sent a novice summoner to investigate something odd another scout found up north from here and are waiting to see if there was anything important found. But for now you need to finish translating these last few books...or you would if Pensword didn't have the notes for translating them! Damn it now you have to go find him if you want to complete this.
>>
No. 838365 ID: 3ce125

>>838361
Okay first off what instant summons do you have? Second, what's your other gear? Third, who else here can hold their own in a fight?
May as well go see Password. What are these books about anyway?
>>
No. 838369 ID: 91ee5f

>>838361
What are your thoughts on the novice summoner? So far he and his friends have taken down 2 Priests practically back to back. That's pretty impressive, right? Is that some kinda record for "most number of Priests a novice Pagan has beaten in a short amount of time" or something?

>Pensword has notes and you need them.
Then I guess you better go find him!
>>
No. 838376 ID: 13fded

If you can't do anything take a nap. You need to sleep occasionally to be able to think straight.
>>
No. 838379 ID: 8a947d
File 150855487220.png - (129.40KB , 1212x826 , Old Trouble in New Olmec 2.png )
838379

>Summons
You have one summon, you only need one summon

>Gear
A Sickle, A Gun, and your chewing pen.

>Who can hold themselves in a fight ?
There are plenty of Pagan Guards in the Lounge in case of a breach. Plus all of the heads of the Lounge know how to fight for themselves.

>What are the books about ?
Paganism goes back a long time, ancient texts talk of lost summoning recipes with such extensive lists of odd ingredients and complex summoning sigils. What you can find is almost always written in some long lost language that takes time to decipher

>>838369
Gallows definitely has potential though he's spent most of his time using the most basic summoning techniques, with a little time and his natural talent he'll get better in no time. His friends aren't to bad either, they know what they're doing.

Pensword's room isn't too far from yours.
>>
No. 838380 ID: 8a947d
File 150855510578.png - (145.90KB , 1212x826 , Old Trouble in New Olmec 3.png )
838380

You knock and enter Pensword's room.

Pensword is going over maps, probably looking for good emergency travel routes. The radio next to him begins to crackle with static and he bangs on it with his fist a few times out of frustration.

Pensword: Dammit! This thing never works correctly, it's been like this all day!

Pensword: What do you need Flint I'm... Is that another one of my pens !? No ones going to want to lend you a pen ever again if you keep chewing on them!
>>
No. 838381 ID: 91ee5f

>>838380
>Dammit! This thing never works correctly, it's been like this all day!
"Has it only been messing up today or has it been messing up for a while?"

>What do you need Flint I'm...Is that another one of my pens !? No ones going to want to lend you a pen ever again if you keep chewing on them!
"I wouldn't be chewing on them if people didn't keep handing me shit that stresses me the fuck out! Anyways, I'm finally down to the last few books that need to be translated and I need those notes of yours so that I can finish translating them."
>>
No. 838383 ID: 3ce125

>>838380
Static huh? ...you know that could be due to interference from an outside source. Mess with the radio.
Also ask for those notes.
>>
No. 838400 ID: 8a947d
File 150856690185.png - (200.09KB , 1212x826 , Old Trouble in New Olmec 4.png )
838400

You: Chewin' on stuff helps my stress you know that.

Pensword: Well maybe if you'd actually go to sleep instead of chugging coffee you wouldn't be so stressed. Also gum, buy some gum.

You: I've gone a whole month without sleeping when I was deciphering and studying the Alcormio Tomb, I can stand two days without sleep; and I hate gum you know that. Now can I have those notes so I can finish my work or not ?

Pensword: Yeah yeah just don't spill coffee on them like last time.

Pensword hands you a notebook and a scroll. The static from his radio begins to grow louder and louder.

Pensword: Son of a bitch! I gotta get someone to look at this thing!
>>
No. 838402 ID: 3ce125

That static is not normal. I think you better prepare for trouble.
>>
No. 838405 ID: efcc58

>>838400
Isn't the hideout in a pocket dimension? How would you receive radio signals here?
>>
No. 838410 ID: 3ce125

...hmm. Could it be that the pocket dimension is destabilizing? Or being attacked from the outside?
>>
No. 838412 ID: 91ee5f

>>838400
If he can't get the radio to work, he could use a radio from a different room.

And if none of the radios in the hideout work, then something's interfering with the signal and none of the radios are broken. Which would mean that you need to think of things that can mess with a radio's signal and determine if that means trouble or not.
>>
No. 838417 ID: 67d5dc

I wonder what was behind Hakim's other door.
>>
No. 838432 ID: d36af7

Turn the radio off. Physically disconnect the power supply. If it keeps making noise that means somebody's hitting you with broad-spectrum jamming, probably to stop you calling for backup while they're getting into position for an attack.
>>
No. 838439 ID: ae8b7d

>>838400
turn it off, it's just annoying at this point.
>>
No. 838440 ID: 91ee5f

What level is your summon? What type of summon is it (Normal, Aberrant, etc.)? Do you have a summon pack for it or are you still missing things? How many times have you Ascended your summon?
>>
No. 838474 ID: 8a947d
File 150861782202.png - (159.23KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 1.png )
838474

You don't know a lot about radios, they're basically fucking magic so you tell Pensword the one thing you think might help and just have him turn the damn thing off. As Pensword gives up trying to fix his radio you hear a loud bang somewhere downstairs. You and Pensword jump a little but know that something bad's happened when the alarm starts going off.
>>
No. 838476 ID: 8a947d
File 150861798185.png - (175.05KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 2.png )
838476

You and Pensword rush downstairs, You can hear screams and gunshots coming from the main lobby. Guards and demons are rushing towards the noise.

Pensword: It's a breach alarm! We've been discovered!

Footsteps start coming down the hall towards you.
>>
No. 838477 ID: 3ce125

Get your summon out.
>>
No. 838479 ID: 13fded

Identify the enemy, protect the inhabitants, secure the exits. We need to fight is possible or guaranty a safe escape if the invaders are too powerful.
>>
No. 838502 ID: 0d45a9

Bring out the big guns, bring out your summon, lets send these invaders a runnin'.
>>
No. 838503 ID: 91ee5f

Get all noncombatants to the Waystone and have them warp outta here!

Get your summons and spells ready for a fight!
>>
No. 838525 ID: ae8b7d

>>838476
Gotta evacuate. This is a hideout, not a fortress.
>>
No. 838543 ID: 8a947d
File 150863270358.png - (241.77KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 3.png )
838543

Every citizen should have begun evacuation immediately after the alarm went off, they should all be headed for the Waystone Station.

The door down the hall bursts open, Church soldiers stand ready to fire on you. Before they can act...You summon your Eidolon.

Soldier Captain: Open fire!
>>
No. 838545 ID: 8a947d
File 150863272884.png - (579.62KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 4.png )
838545

Soldier Captain: HUURGGHHH!!!
>>
No. 838546 ID: 8a947d
File 150863276586.png - (75.60KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 5.png )
838546

???: Man...I was taking a nap.
>>
No. 838549 ID: 8a947d
File 150863310632.png - (250.89KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 6.png )
838549

You: Sorry Seprach, but this is serious.

Seprach: Uggh fine. It's always nice to wake up to a gun fight. How do you want to do this huh ? We goin' easy ? or is this a no mercy type deal ?
>>
No. 838551 ID: 8d4593

NO
MERCY

>>
No. 838552 ID: 0d45a9

We're on the defensive here, no taking chances, no mercy.
>>
No. 838554 ID: 91ee5f

>>838549
"No mercy."

How long has it been since you last summoned him? If it's been a long time, then tell him, "Hope you haven't gotten rusty."
>>
No. 838555 ID: 3ce125

>>838549
No mercy for those who invade a pagan outpost. Might be nice to leave one soldier alive for interrogation though.

What's an Eidolon?
>>
No. 838561 ID: 8a947d
File 150863597273.png - (375.23KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 7.png )
838561

You: Kill them all.

Seprach: Hahaha! Alright then!

Seprach fans the hammer on his gun and sprays bullets into the squad of soldiers.
>>
No. 838562 ID: 8a947d
File 150863606107.png - (149.76KB , 1212x826 , OTINO 8.png )
838562

It occurs to you that maybe you should have left one alive, but it looks like Seprach's kinda gotten back into the grove of killing Church soldiers.
>>
No. 838564 ID: 8a947d
File 150863631187.png - (112.48KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 9.png )
838564

>What's an Eidolon?
A Demon that's created a connection to a summoner strong enough to no longer need summon sigils or reagents, eidolons are much stronger than normal demons. The only demons smart enough to become eidolons tend to be aberrant summons.

Pensword: Their only grunts, there's bound to be a priest or two down here now too. Rose and Poker are probably dealing with this somewhere too.

Pensword: What do we do now ? No doubt the church are swarming this place now.
>>
No. 838566 ID: 13fded

We got to secure our people and valuable possessions. Lead a few volunteers to help carry documents and artefacts while the more skilled fight. Let's secure the more populated rooms and more relevant storages.
>>
No. 838570 ID: 91ee5f

>>838564
Let me guess, that's Seprach sitting on your head, isn't it?

He needs to rest before he can fight again, right?

Go pick up any guns those soldiers were using. If you don't want their guns, then at least pick up some ammo from them.

>What do?
"Make sure we've secured all of the important tomes, artifacts, scriptures, etc. After that, we go to the Waystone and we warp out. Speaking of which, let's go make sure the Waystone isn't getting destroyed."
>>
No. 838574 ID: 3ce125

>>838564
Collect important things, torch the rest, abandon the colony and relocate. First priority is to secure your escape route, though.
>>
No. 838588 ID: 8a947d
File 150864637747.png - (220.27KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 10.png )
838588

>>838570
Seprach doesn't need to rest he's just taking up a smaller form to conserve energy and because the artist has an easier time drawing him that way to him in frame so he won't forget he's there.

>Tomes, Artifacts, Important Items.
You rush to have as many summoner's as possible carry and transport as many important out of the Lounge as possible, the one's that aren't as important are burnt. Pensword orders the same over the radio's, static comes through but the radio's are still usable.

>Waystones
The waystones are still up and usable, along with alternate escape routes. There's telling how long those'll stay up though.
>>
No. 838589 ID: 8a947d
File 150864645659.png - (195.44KB , 1050x774 , OTiNO 11.png )
838589

You decide to check for incoming soldiers or priests, when suddenly soldier flies into the wall next to you hard enough to crack it. There's blood around his face in the shape of a rose...
>>
No. 838590 ID: 8a947d
File 150864653391.png - (216.78KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 12.png )
838590

Rose walks up from a hallway littered with corpses, bleeding and bloodied.

Rose: We've got a big problem.
>>
No. 838593 ID: 3ce125

>>838590
Is it a problem that can be solved with bullets?
>>
No. 838596 ID: 91ee5f

>>838590
>We've got a big problem.
"Yeah, the Church discovered our location, we already know."

".....please tell me that's the problem you're referring to. Because if it's something else, then I don't know about it and would like to be informed about it."
>>
No. 838597 ID: fd306a

on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is it?
With 1 being someone stubbed their toe and 10 being better chance of survival if we tried to kill ourselves.
>>
No. 838602 ID: 8a947d
File 150864844897.png - (97.05KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 13.png )
838602

You: What other problem could there be beside the Church raiding our location ?

Rose: Try the Church raiding dozens of other Pagan locations, we're not the only ones. Fifteen other Pagan hideouts, Three big ones, a LOT of Pagans are dead.

Rose: There are plenty that escaped, and they even managed to save important intel and information while burning the rest; put plenty were also taken prisoner. Those that escaped ran out to deserted and empty areas small one's, but I doubt they'll stay hidden for long.

Rose: Also they're starting to bring priests down here. I saw two on my way over. I suggest we finish up collecting whatever we can, evacuate whoever we can, and get the hell outta here.
>>
No. 838611 ID: 3ce125

Okay, fine. Time for the nuclear option. Get all the pagans together in one big army and start waging open war against the Church.
>>
No. 838612 ID: 91ee5f

>>838602
Do you think this might have something to do with that large amount of Church forces that have been moving out towards a certain source west somewhere in Dolvan?

But, yeah, let's get outta here while we've still got a chance!
>>
No. 838631 ID: 13fded

We invest much work on this place, but if the location is compromised it's useless as a hideout. Let's secure a new base to organize a counter-attack.
But before we ran we have to finish with the documents, take a certain priest in card form, and make preparations for the base to become as useless as useless as it can be after we leave. I'm thinking about some explosive demons and maybe something to collapse the dimension altering properties of this place.
>>
No. 838783 ID: 8a947d
File 150871781848.png - (356.41KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 16.png )
838783

You decide that a compromised hideout is useless to you, The best course of action is to collapse the pocket dimension housing The Lounge.

You: Pensword, tell everybody that we're going to destroy the Lounge. Head to the north control panel, you know what to do next.

Pensword: I understand, good luck Flint.

You take Rose and head to the south control panel at the very bottom of the Lounge. There you can collapse the Lounge, but you'll need to escape fast afterwards. Along the way you assist in as many firefights as possible and fend of whoever you can...
>>
No. 838784 ID: 8a947d
File 150871789426.png - (212.69KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 14.png )
838784

Lots of rooms are wrecked and full of dead, but you don't have time to grieve...
>>
No. 838785 ID: 8a947d
File 150871805291.png - (211.13KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 17.png )
838785

The south control panel room is surrounded by scorched bodies. Once you reach the door you see that the emergency security measure has activated , the large Living Pyre shrinks itself down and lets you pass through then resumes its watch.
>>
No. 838789 ID: 8a947d
File 150871835427.png - (189.39KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 18.png )
838789

The control panel rooms manage the Lounge, in a dire emergency like this their equipped to completely destroy everyone and everything inside of the Lounge. You press a button that brings up the intercom system.

You: Warning to all pagans this is a code Mashiach, repeat code Mashiach.

Pensword's voice pops up over the intercom as well.

Pensword: I'm in position, code Mashiach is about to begin.
>>
No. 838792 ID: 8a947d
File 150871856637.png - (69.81KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 19.png )
838792

You enter a series of codes into the control panel and a smaller screen emerges from the platform. You enter one final code into the screen. You'll have 10 minutes to escape the Lounge after the collapse begins.

Rose: We need to be quick if we want to do this. Once we get out of this place it's all out war against the church.

CONFIRM: Y/N ?
>>
No. 838795 ID: d3602f

Wait, did we burn the playing card holding Karas? We might want to just in case they find a way to free him.
>>
No. 838796 ID: 91ee5f

>>838792
Yes.

After you get outta here, you're gonna need to figure out a way to get in contact with Gallows and his group to inform them of what happened and where they need to go to meet up with you.

With his luck so far, he might try to come back here and give you another Priest charm. Which is why you should get a message to him as quickly as possible, before he tries to come here and gets ambushed by the Church!
>>
No. 838797 ID: 3ce125

>>838792
Is the escape route clear? If so, hit it and fucking leg it. If you can, use this to doom the remaining enemy forces by blocking off THEIR escape route.
>>
No. 838829 ID: 13fded

Yes. With some luck the two priests that entered will not survive.
>>
No. 838834 ID: 8a947d
File 150873297329.png - (218.19KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 15.png )
838834

You hit yes, the terminal waits for a while as Pensword hits yes on his terminal too. The Lounge shudders and suddenly the air feels stale and nothing feels on balance. You have 10 Minutes to leave.

You book it back up to a waystone room. Waves of people rush towards waystone rooms and begin to warp out. This place felt like home before and now it's full of screaming, gunshots, and blood.

You try to look for a waystone room that isn't cluttered with people and come across a hallway that's surprisingly empty. As you get closer you see why, Two priests stand near a dead body in front of the waystone room an old man and a large man.
>>
No. 838838 ID: 8a947d
File 150873337959.png - (132.63KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 20.png )
838838

Old Priest: Now I know you got a little...enthusiastic there Colt, but we're trying to take a few hostage not just kill them.

Colt: He was gonna cast a spell at me Walter ! You heard him mutterin' heretic magic words!

Walter: He was begging for his life Colt...Something feels wrong, do you feel that ?

Colt: I hear screamin'!

Walter: No not that! I mean the whole place feels like it's...Hmm?

The older priest turns around to see you and Rose standing behind them, The larger man looks at you too readying his mace.

Walter: Okay, I'm not sure we'll be able to take these ones hostage, just do what you do.

The large one starts to advance as the old man twirls his cane behind him.
>>
No. 838839 ID: 5245b2

Eliminate Colt. Then torture Walter for as long or as short a time as need be. Get into his head.
>>
No. 838843 ID: 13fded

Eliminate Walter. Colt seem too stupid to realize the place is about to be destroyed.
>>
No. 838844 ID: 91ee5f

Sure, right now, the big guy looks like he's the most dangerous of them. But I bet the old guy is the really dangerous guy!

How strong is Rose? Can he handle the big guy while you take out the old man?
>>
No. 838845 ID: 3ce125

>>838834
>>838838
This is why I asked if the escape route was clear.

Anyway, do not underestimate these two, but... try to draw out the fight a little bit. There's a good chance you won't be able to beat them, in which case you want to delay them then use a waystone to escape, leaving behind something to destroy the active waystones here so they can't escape. You can do that as soon as the other pagans have evacuated.

Drawing out the fight might be best done by going easy on Colt so that he lasts a while and Walter doesn't get involved. Walter may in fact be far more powerful than Colt.
>>
No. 838870 ID: 094652

Run.

Leave a trail of intel papers for them to gobble up. By the time they get their communications ready, pop goes the pocket dimension.
>>
No. 838895 ID: 3c6497

run to the front exit, killing priests is not our current objective and we're running out of time.
>>
No. 838896 ID: 91ee5f

>>838895
We're not trying to kill them. We're trying to get to the Waystones behind them so we can warp out.
>>
No. 838932 ID: 19dd52

Have Seprach shoot the cane. Looks like it could be a charm.
>>
No. 839026 ID: 8a947d
File 150881030589.png - (235.81KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 21.png )
839026

Rose jumps in front Colt, he's the strongest one of the two of you being the head Thresher. Rose strikes Colt repeatedly in the chest with no result. Colt swipes with his mace but Rose leaps out of the way. Rose can shrug of being hit by a car, but there's no telling what that priest's attack can do. It looks like the mace handle is made of charm wood...
>>
No. 839028 ID: 8a947d
File 150881063418.png - (364.29KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 22.png )
839028

You and Seprach head of Walter. Seprach fires at him but Walter, despite his age, manages to side step the bullet; the worse it does is cut his cheek.

Walter stops twirling his can and swings it towards you, the air around it flying toward you in a sharp blast that cuts you shoulder. It's not a deep cut and you can still move it fine, but you're more worried about what else Walter can do.
>>
No. 839030 ID: a2507c

>>839028
Switch opponents with Rose. The old priest seems to favor ranged fights, while the huge one hasn't displayed any ranged capabilities at all. You can probably keep your distance from the big guy, and Rose is fast enough to close the distance between himself and the old one.
>>
No. 839031 ID: 3ce125

>>839030
Yup. In fact, see if you can destroy the mace.
>>
No. 839049 ID: d3602f

Do we have any none summoning spells?
>>
No. 839064 ID: 3ce125

>>839049
Didn't you hear? He "only needs one summon".

I bet he doesn't even have any spells.
>>
No. 839086 ID: d3602f

>>839064
I'm pretty sure that the only reason why he has only one summon is because he used the rest to buff his favorite. So far I have seen no advantage to be gained from losing spells.
>>
No. 839087 ID: a2507c

>>839049
>>839064
He probably meant non-summoning spells, as in blood magic. It's very likely that he does, but he hasn't used any yet.
>>
No. 839221 ID: 8a947d
File 150887484175.png - (462.83KB , 1212x1116 , OTiNO 23.png )
839221

>non-summoning spells
You know a few but not many, you don't use them as much since you focus more on summoning than spells.

[Flash] (Cost 15oz): Allows you to teleport a short distance anywhere unblocked without channeling.
[Dominion Leak] (Cost 2oz per Second): Temporarily turns a small area into Aetherial Terrain, non Pagans have a hard time moving and demons are stronger inside. Rapidly drains blood.

Thanks to intense training over the years you're able to use 95oz of blood.

>Swap opponents with Rose
You and Rose switch opponents and you deal with Colt, Seprach shoots a Sticky Bomb at Colt and shields you from the ensuing blast...
>>
No. 839223 ID: 8a947d
File 150887503019.png - (164.87KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 24.png )
839223

Once the smoke clears Colt is still standing but his skin appears to have taken on a metallic appearance the same as his mace. Colt's body has mimicked the material of his mace and managed to survive the blast, though he is still obviously hurt.
>>
No. 839225 ID: 8a947d
File 150887509750.png - (319.63KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 25.png )
839225

Rose rushes to attack Walter. Walter swings his cane kicking up a large tornado that throws Rose up into the air.
>>
No. 839228 ID: 8a947d
File 150887529698.png - (422.30KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 26.png )
839228

Colt turns away from you and leaps toward the mid-air Rose striking him back down into the ground cracking the floor. Rose is still alive but is hurt pretty bad.

Colt's re-positioned himself in front of Walter. You have 8 minutes until the Lounge collapses.
>>
No. 839229 ID: 3ce125

Tell Rose to get to a waystone. Use Dominion leak to empower your summon enough that he can cover for Colt's escape. Then play defensive for a while. Maybe Colt and Walter will try to capture you, in which case you should make a dash for the waystone right when you have like 30 seconds left. They'll gloat for a bit, but you can use Flash to teleport the remaining distance right as the place is about to collapse.
>>
No. 839235 ID: 0d45a9

Are they close enough that dominion leak will get them both? If so slow them both down and spam sticky bombs onto them.

Where's Pensword?
>>
No. 839243 ID: deec6e

>>839228

Can you double-dip on Dominion Leak? If so, put one area over Colt for delay and one over Seprach for power. Tell Seprach to fan his guns at the old guy while Rose rushes around Walter's poor Dominated ass to take advantage of the old guy either dance-dodging or being pepper-hit to land a K-rOse of her own.

Colt, meanwhile, can just suck it getting free of the Aetherial terrain. Renew it if you need to, or if you have to, run towards him to distract him from Seprach, then Flash away as he tries to engage you. Bonus points if you can keep him in the Aetherial terrain.

Now show 'em how a combo's supposed to be done.

(Alternatively, put a Dominion over Walter, so he can't dodge Septrarch and Rose's shots as easily, and use yourself as a Flash-distraction for Colt.)
>>
No. 839244 ID: 8d4593

Use Dominion Leak and have Pensword shoot explosives at Walter [And by proxy, Colt].
Colt won't be able to do any fancy acrobatics in the aether terrain and will be forced to tank shots for Walter, meanwhile, the explosions should be close enough to Walter to force him to recoil.
>>
No. 839247 ID: deec6e

>>839243

*rushes around Colt's Dominated ass
>>
No. 839262 ID: 91ee5f

>>839228
>Colt's re-positioned himself in front of Walter.
If we Dominion Leak and then Flash behind them, would we be able to shoot Walter in the back of the head?

>>839235
>>839244
>Pensword
He's not here. The only person that came here with Flint is Rose.
>>
No. 839264 ID: 0d45a9

>>839262
Yeah, but as he went to other console, and his corpse isn't here, we can guess he's either already out or on his way to us. If it;s the latter we can't try to slip by them as that'd mean Pensword would be on his own against those two.
>>
No. 839269 ID: 91ee5f

>>839264
Read this: >>838834 .

It says there are multiple Waystone rooms. Meaning that Pensword would've got to the Waystone room closest to his location, wherever he was when he activated his self-destruct console.

So chances are he's already warped out.
>>
No. 839290 ID: a2507c

>>839228
Fight the huge priest amidst the waystones. Try to bait him into smashing all but one of them while you wear him down. When the lounge is ten seconds from collapsing, dominion leak the area and leave through the remaining waystone with Rose.
>>
No. 839318 ID: 19dd52

>>839290
If you can pull it off this is a good plan
>>
No. 839362 ID: d3602f

Think we could use all the blood of all the dead laying around?

>>839290
Aren't a lot of Pagans still trying to escape? Less stones, less escapees. Not to mention how many the priests might kill if we lead them to points where our people are still evacuating.
>>
No. 839368 ID: 3ce125

If we smash all but one of the waystones, can Seprach stay behind to break the last one after you're through?
>>
No. 839379 ID: a2507c

>>839362
There are other rooms with waystones. The only ones that need to be smashed are the waystones in this room.
>>
No. 839402 ID: 8a947d
File 150890590610.png - (156.50KB , 1117x826 , OTiNO 27.png )
839402

You cast Dominion Leak [95oz ==> 93oz]

Seprach's Sticky Bomb can't be cast in rapid succession, it needs a little time to recharge.
>>
No. 839403 ID: 8a947d
File 150890608665.png - (359.82KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 28.png )
839403

You Flash behind the priest duo [93oz ==> 83oz]

Seprach fans the hammer again aiming for both of them. Colt reacts quicker than Walter and absorbs the iron from his mace into his flesh again, he wasn't fast enough however as a bullet manages to catch his side before it can fully absorb the metal. Colt protects Walter from several fatal shots but one manages to slip past him and hits Walter in the side.

Dominion Leak is still in effect [83oz ==> 81oz]
>>
No. 839404 ID: 8a947d
File 150890616201.png - (119.23KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 29.png )
839404

Rose charges up his Deadly Thorn Strike and aims for Colt...

Dominion Leak is still in effect [81oz == 79oz]
>>
No. 839405 ID: 8a947d
File 150890649069.png - (501.08KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 30.png )
839405

Rose punches Colt right in the chest. Even with Colt's entire body covered in tough metal Rose's strike get's through and leaves a large rose pattern on his body.

Colt is hurt badly, a normal person would've gone down but the large priest stays on his feet. Walter starts to twirl his cane again.

Both you and rose have managed to get on the other side of the priests, you are now closer to the waystones. Dominion Leak is still in effect [79oz ==> 77oz]

You have 7 minutes until the Lounge collapses.
>>
No. 839407 ID: 3ce125

>Walter twirling
Shoot at him to interrupt the attack. Rose should go on the defensive against Colt this round.
We need an opening to hit Colt with an empowered bomb and take him out, but we don't have that opening right now.

Deactivate Dominion for the moment since we're not really going to be using it this round.
>>
No. 839408 ID: 13fded

Wait, both Colt and Walter are bleeding. Can you use their blood to sustain the Dominion Leak?
Regardless try to focus on Walter. If we eliminate him before leaving there is a good chance Colt will die with the dimensional collapse.
Keep shooting, don't flash if possible, maintain your position in relation to the waystone. If they advance let them gain ground, it's more important to guaranty the escape route than to win this fight.
>>
No. 839409 ID: 3ce125

>>839408
>using opponents' blood to sustain the Dominion
Good idea!
>>
No. 839411 ID: 91ee5f

>>839408
>>839409
There's just 1 problem with using the enemy's blood: You have to physically be touching the blood to use it.
>>
No. 839444 ID: 8d4593

Can you flash with another person?
if so grab Rose and avoid whatever Walter's about to do.
Keep The pressure on Colt!
>>
No. 839801 ID: d3602f

>>839444
Think we could flash someone unwilling? If so, might be better to flash he old man.
>>
No. 839804 ID: 91ee5f

>>839801
Ew, gross! Why would Flint take his clothes off in front of the enemy?!

.....oh, wait. Was that not the flash you were talking about?
>>
No. 839805 ID: d3602f

>>839804
Hey, Pagans are willing to do whatever it takes to win, including collection teeth, guts, and other seemingly random odds and ends. A moment of confusion or shock is enough to turn a battle.
>>
No. 839826 ID: bf4879

>>839805
We're not trying to win we gotta escape before the pocket dimension collapses!
>>
No. 839850 ID: d3602f

>>839826
I thought we weren't trying to escape because we wanted to delay these priests until the last moment.
>>
No. 839865 ID: 8a947d
File 150903995698.png - (268.21KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 31.png )
839865

You can't take anybody with you when you Flash!

You're too far from Colt and Walter to use their blood!

You deactivate Dominion Leak

Before Seprach can take aim at Walter he swings his cane at him. Blue wind swirls through the air and envelopes Seprach tightening around him until he's unable to move at all!
>>
No. 839867 ID: 8a947d
File 150904033701.png - (251.54KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 32.png )
839867

Colt begins to regain his balance after the beating he took. Colt start's to shout as the wounds on his body get fused shut with metal, his arms begin to morph and change shape into large weapons!
>>
No. 839869 ID: 8a947d
File 150904054203.png - (677.53KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 33.png )
839869

Colt charges you and slams you into two of the waystones behind you! Shattering both!

Your ears are ringing from the strike and your body feels numb. You managed to get Colt to destroy some of the waystones, but you need to be careful; if he destroys ALL of them you'll have no way of escaping.

You have 6 Minutes left!
>>
No. 839870 ID: 91ee5f

>>839865
>You deactivate Dominion Leak.
Wait, what?! No! Why?!

Who was the dumbass that suggested turning off Dominion Leak?!
>>
No. 839875 ID: 8d4593

Note to self: Never Turn of Dominion Leak as long as colt can move.

Turn that shit back on.
Inventory Check. Weapons, Items, What you got?
>>
No. 839877 ID: a2507c

How quickly can you summon Seprach? Banish and resummon them to free them from the priest's magic.

>>839870
3ce125 did.
>>
No. 839880 ID: 3ce125

It was part of my plan which did not work out because Rose wasn't able to keep Colt busy.

As a side benefit we can keep Dominion active through the rest of the fight and still have enough blood left over for a single Flash.

Maybe Rose can grab some rubble and chuck it at Walter to stop his air prison or whatever it is, at which point Seprach can rejoin the fight and start wearing down Colt. If his metal form is interrupted again we need to tag him with another bomb. Then we can focus on Walter for the rest of the fight.
>>
No. 839889 ID: 13fded

Do we have a way to destroy the waystones after we use them?
If we don't we should just leave. This fight isn't going our way, I don't think we can kill Walter and unless we leave moments before the inevitable doom we have no way to prevent the priests from leaving right after us.
>>
No. 839893 ID: 91ee5f

>>839880
>If his metal form is interrupted again we need to tag him with another bomb. Then we can focus on Walter for the rest of the fight.
Couldn't we just stick the bomb on Walter's foot or his leg? He's the one that doesn't have a metal body, so he's the one that'll be killed from a sticky bomb.

And if we can't stick it on him, then we could stick it on the floor next to him and he'll get caught in the blast.
>>
No. 839896 ID: a2507c

>>839889
Seprach can blow them up behind us. We're just stalling to make sure they don't have time to leave the room before the lounge collapses.
>>
No. 839902 ID: 8a947d
File 150904871129.png - (195.96KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 34.png )
839902

You cast Dominion Leak again [77oz ==> 75oz]

>Inventory
Your Revolver (12 Bullets) and Sickle are the only things you have on you right now, you weren't expecting a full attack and don't have much else.

You de-summon Seprach, you'll be able to summon him again soon but restraining rituals like that can tire demons out a lot.

Colt and Walter are mired in the Aetherial Terrain again. Despite Colt's lack of mobility he throws a punch that stretches across the room toward Rose. The windup is long enough for Rose to dodge, but in this form Colt has much more reach than before.
>>
No. 839904 ID: 8a947d
File 150904881438.png - (363.48KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 35.png )
839904

Walter swings a wave of cutting air at you but you manage to dodge it. The air slices through two more waystones! There are three left in the room.

Dominion Leak is still in effect (75oz ==> 73oz)
>>
No. 839905 ID: 8a947d
File 150904901493.png - (327.36KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 36.png )
839905

You pull out your revolver and take aim at Walter.

He whirls a strong curent of air around himself to deflect the fatal blows but one shot slips past his defenses and hit's him in the leg!

Colt notices Walter's condition and tries to move in closer to defend him, but can't because of Dominion Leak. No doubt he'll still act more defensively to protect Walter.

Dominion Leak is still in effect [73oz ==> 71oz]
>>
No. 839920 ID: 3ce125

Good! Keep up the barrage of gunfire! Keep them on the defensive! Summon Seprach again as soon as you can, and if there's only one waystone left, have Rose evac. Then you can Flash over to evac as well and Seprach leaves a bomb on the waystone to blow it after you warp out.

...wait, can the bomb collapse the door out of the room, so they can't leave easily to reach the other waystone rooms? I wonder if instead, Rose could go off to those nearby rooms and tell them to start breaking waystones.
>>
No. 839923 ID: 91ee5f

>>839905
>Colt notices Walter's condition and tries to move in closer to defend him, but can't because of Dominion Leak. No doubt he'll still act more defensively to protect Walter.
If he's focusing on protecting Walter, then that means that he's not attacking Rose!

So Rose should attack Colt, while Flint uses Flash to get behind Walter and inserts his Sickle or a few bullets into the back of Walter's head! Don't forget to take his Charm after you kill him!

>>839920
We have less that 5 minutes before this place collapses. I don't think there's enough time for Rose to do that.

Besides, we don't need to do that. As far as these Priests know, we're trying to escape from an invasion. They don't know that there's a self-destruct that's active. So if we tell Rose to run off and tell everyone to destroy Waystones, that's when they'll realize that something's wrong and they need to warp away!
>>
No. 839925 ID: 13fded

>>839920
Other waystone room? How many are there? God, this fight is useless!

Keep firing at Walter until you can summon Seprach. Rose should focus on defense.
Once Seprach can cover us we leave and, hopefully, he will destroy the waystones and desummon himself.
>>
No. 839934 ID: a2507c

>>839905
How much longer until the lounge collapses?
>>
No. 839936 ID: 3ce125

>>839934
Each round was 1 minute so I'd say we have 5 minutes left.
>>
No. 840052 ID: 8a947d
File 150907933511.png - (150.66KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 37.png )
840052

You continue to fire at Walter but Colt manages to stretch his metal limbs and block your bullets (12 Bullets ==> 6 Bullets). Rose re-positions himself next to you and whispers.

Rose: I don't think they're in a good enough condition to follow if we escape. Even if they do choose to follow we ought to be with others who can help, what's your call Flint ?

Seprach is still recovering

Dominion Leak is still in effect (71oz ==> 68oz)

You have 4 minutes until collapse.
>>
No. 840053 ID: 3ce125

Alright, sure. Worst case scenario we get to actually loot the priest charms. Rose you go first, then we'll do the planned Flash to escape. Just watch out for Colt, don't let him block you.
>>
No. 840058 ID: 91ee5f

>>840052
Agree with Rose and escape.

But where are you going to warp to?

>>840053
There's no need to Flash, we're right next to the Waystones.
>>
No. 840067 ID: 13fded

I would prefer to have a summon to give us cover, but if you think our chances are good let's run.
>>
No. 840146 ID: 8d4593

Welp, time to GTFO
>>
No. 840187 ID: 8a947d
File 150914983376.png - (379.47KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 38.png )
840187

You decide escape is the best option for now, You and rose dodge a strike from Colt that destroys a waystone behind you.

Rose flips back to another waystone and warps out. Colt tries to hit him on the way out destroying the waystone he used.
>>
No. 840188 ID: 8a947d
File 150914992360.png - (122.37KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 39.png )
840188

You rush to the remaining waystone. The front panel is damaged ! the screen that pops up flickers in and out making it impossible to tap on any of the escape points!
>>
No. 840189 ID: 8a947d
File 150914997977.png - (417.91KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 40.png )
840189

A powerful gust of wind kicks up at your feet and tosses you far to the side. You leave the range of Dominion Leak and the spell deactivates, freeing Walter and Colt.
>>
No. 840193 ID: 8a947d
File 150915022411.png - (216.71KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 41.png )
840193

Colt and Walter stand over you, you try to Flash away but something feels wrong. The air around feels heavy and cold chilling your blood.

Walter has cast Stagnant Air, pagan spells no longer work in his vicinity!

Colt presses his foot against your chest to keep you in place.

Walter: Credit where credit is due, you gave us quite the challenge. At least one of you got away from us.

Colt: I'm gonna crush you.

Walter: No you're not, we're taking him prisoner and that's that.

Before you can say anything somebody enters from the side door, it sounds like they're crying.

???: F-Flint ? A-are you in here ?
>>
No. 840196 ID: 8a947d
File 150915037450.png - (125.09KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 42.png )
840196

Poker's wife Bridgette steps into the room tears streaming from her face.

Bridgette: I-I can't find Poker anywhere...Flint ?

She steps forward taping the ground with her cane. Colt walks forward but Walter stops him before stepping back. The old man seems to feel pity for the young woman and allows her to speak with you. Bridgette's cane hit's the side of your body.
>>
No. 840199 ID: 8a947d
File 150915053365.png - (175.56KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 43.png )
840199

Bridgette: F-Flint ? O-or...

She puts her hand on your chest and feels you breathing.

Bridgette: Flint is that you ? Who is this ?

You:...Y-yeah...it's me.

Bridgette: Flint! Why are you on the ground ? A-and why weren't you answering me before ? What's happening ?
>>
No. 840201 ID: 094652

Whisper a code word to make her do ANYTHING, preferably in the general direction of those three voices to her right.
>>
No. 840203 ID: 3ce125

>>840199
Tell Bridgette the hideout was invaded, and you just lost a fight against these two priests. You don't know where poker is. Why is she still here? Didn't she hear the broadcast of code Mashiach?

You should summon Seprach and get him to cover your escape so you can use the remaining 2-3 minutes to flee to another waystone room with Bridgette.
(or maybe Bridgette is acting and she's about to summon something of her own? Or cast something?)
>>
No. 840210 ID: 91ee5f

>>840203
>(or maybe Bridgette is acting and she's about to summon something of her own? Or cast something?)
I'm pretty sure that's what she's doing.

Being blind has probably allowed her hearing to develop a lot. I'm sure there's no way she didn't hear the fighting or the footsteps of extra people or the extra people's breathing and/or heartbeats!
>>
No. 840211 ID: 0d45a9

Oh no, no, no, no. Me and Rose got in a fight with two priests, Rose got out, but I lost. Why are you still here, Bloom?
>>
No. 840216 ID: 3ce125

Oh, the piece of information she might be missing is that the only waystone left in this room is too damaged to use.
>>
No. 840227 ID: 13fded

Say the waystones are broken and she need to leave while the priests are letting her.
If she is clueless the best we can hope is that she take care of herself. If she have a plan she, the more clueless she look the better. Just get ready to summon or flash is the air stop been stagnated.
>>
No. 840257 ID: 8a947d
File 150916200795.png - (174.82KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 44.png )
840257

You: I uhh...sorta lost to some priests.

Bridgette: Are you hurt ?

You: Sorta, but it's nothing too bad. What are you doing here ?

Bridgette: Poker told me to find you.

You:...Didn't...Didn't you say you couldn't find Poker ?

Bridgette:...Dammit, I can never keep a story straight. Just hold on and hope this works.

You: hope what works ?
>>
No. 840259 ID: 8a947d
File 150916206116.png - (159.06KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 45.png )
840259

Bridgette pulls out an odd cylinder crackling with red electricity and presses a button on the side.
>>
No. 840262 ID: 8a947d
File 150916208404.png - (430.67KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO Warp.png )
840262

Everything gets all red and blurry for a minute.
>>
No. 840268 ID: 8a947d
File 150916244096.png - (239.63KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 46.png )
840268

After a while your somewhere surrounded by other people, all of them are pagans. Pensword is standing in front of you.

Pensword: So it went well ?

Bridgette: Everyone get's all soft when you put on the poor blind girl act. Even the warp recall worked just fine.

After some confusion you realize you're in a safe house outside of New Olmec, the basement of an old farm house no one goes near. Pagans are sitting down in various areas crying or panicking, some seem to be taking it a little better than others but overall nobody seems to be in good spirits.

Pensword: I'm glad you could make it out, I can only hope more pagans got out safely.
>>
No. 840269 ID: 094652

That's not Bridgette...

When the warp is done, kick the device out of her reach and go for a knifehold. Demand answers and a getaway vehicle from the nearby portal guards.
>>
No. 840277 ID: 13fded

>>840269
Or maybe he could... not...
Why?

If If this is all staged, or in your mind, just don't reveal important information. You would still be a prisoner of two priests that kicked your ass, resistance wouldn't accomplish much.


Give a few minutes to rest and to be sure our former home no longer exist. After that we need info: What happened? What did we lost? Who else were attacked? Can we contact our allies? Are there neutral factions that are been pressured?
>>
No. 840279 ID: 91ee5f

>>840257
>...Dammit, I can never keep a story straight.
*facepalm* >_<

>>840259
>>840262
>>840268
Well, it's nice to know their Warp Relay worked fine and didn't leave them all smoking or put sand in their mouths or explode after being used!

Just ask them what happened and how did she do that?

And I really hope they remembered to get April, Troy's sister.

So, Flint, now that you're safe, you got any ideas on how you're going to get in contact with Gallows? Knowing him, he's probably got another Priest Charm and is going to try to come back to you in New Olmec.

You've gotta find a way to tell him where you're at and warn him to stay away from New Olmec!
>>
No. 840283 ID: 3ce125

Right. Too bad we didn't get a relic from those priests but I suspect it wouldn't have gone too well if we'd tried to.

Dust yourself off and stand guard until the countdown finishes and the hideout collapses. Then you'll know either the priests didn't follow you and warped somewhere else, or they're dead.
>>
No. 840287 ID: 9dc26d

>>840268
Give that woman a hug, she saved your bacon
>>
No. 840289 ID: 91ee5f

>>840283
They can't follow us here because they'd need to have been to the Waystones here in this place and put a Waykey into them because they can only warp to places they've already been to. And I'm pretty sure they haven't been here before.
>>
No. 840310 ID: 8a947d
File 150917315480.png - (133.02KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 47.png )
840310

Before you do anything you pull your chewing pen. Your gonna bite right through the damn thing at the rate you're going. You talk to Pensword about what's happened.

Pensword: We lost a lot of supplies in that raid, I'm more worried about how they found us and 15 other hideouts. We can only hope that the three big hideouts got the majority if it's members and supplies out.

Pensword: We might have gotten out fine but if any other head pagan was taken prisoner we could be in trouble. Right now I'm going to contact Killboss, She's probably gotten a bunch of calls by now but I feel like it's necessary.

You: At this point we need to start taking a more offensive stand. This was a big hit to us and there's no way we can just go back into hiding. First things first, we need to take stock of what's been lost.

Pensword: Of course, your summoners have brought plenty of books, but we've also lost some of the untranslated works as well. Plenty of weapons have been saved by the threshers.

You: We're going to need more firepower, Gallows is still investigating something with Castle that might help but we need something more concrete. Are there any other rebellion groups that you think might help us ?

Pensword: We're the biggest one Flint, there are more but we've had trouble recruiting in the past. This'd be easier if all of us were here...I gotta take stock of what we have here, can you go get Poker and Rose ? They're both on the porch.
>>
No. 840312 ID: 91ee5f

>>840310
Let's go find Poker and Rose.
>>
No. 840318 ID: d3602f

>>840310
Sorry, I can't help but chuckle at that name. "Killboss", hehehe.

But yeah, we see how Poker is doing.
>>
No. 840321 ID: 3ce125

Why not summon up Seprach to let the guy know you made it out okay?
>>
No. 840362 ID: 8a947d
File 150921787935.png - (132.42KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 48.png )
840362

You summon Seprach

Seprach: What happened ? Did we beat them ?

You: Sorta, we're not dead but everything's gone.

Seprach: Damn...
>>
No. 840363 ID: 8a947d
File 150921818755.png - (253.00KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 49.png )
840363

You step out onto the front porch of the house, there's nothing but wasteland for miles around you. Rose and Poker are sitting on the bench talking to each other. like everybody else they're taking what happened poorly. Rose see's you walk up.

Rose: Flint! You made it! I was worried after you didn't immediately warp in with us.
>>
No. 840367 ID: 91ee5f

>>840362
Chew on that pen any harder and not only will you bite through it, you'll also get a mouth full of ink!

>>840363
>Flint! You made it! I was worried after you didn't immediately warp in with us.
"Well, I was going to, but the last Waystone the Priests didn't smash had a damaged front panel and the screen was flickering in and out, which made it impossible to tap on any of the escape points! I'm just glad Bridgette showed up when she did and warped me out with her! What was that little odd cylinder thingy she used to warp us outta there? And why don't we have more of those?"
>>
No. 840369 ID: 9b80a5

yeah the last waystone broke and Bridgette showed up and saved me, cant tell wich is more unbelievable, that the "pitiful blind woman" card worked, or them being stupid enough to let it happen
>>
No. 840376 ID: 8a947d
File 150922487147.png - (196.75KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 50.png )
840376

You: Bridgette saved my ass back there, they would've taken me prisoner if she hadn't. You sent her to look for me Poker ?

Poker: I said you and Rose might've gotten in trouble and she just went on her own. I very much didn't want her to go.

You: Well, everything went well.

Poker: It really didn't, nothing went well. The Lounge is gone along with a bunch of other hideouts, I can't even think straight because of what happened... What are we going to do ?

Rose: I'm sure we have a plan. We've always got contingency plan for stuff like this right ?

Poker: Even if we do have a plan I know for a fact it's going to be all out war. Unless there's something else we're screwed...
>>
No. 840378 ID: 0d45a9

We gotta hope Gallows comes back with one hell of a trump card. Although I don't know how he's gonna find us with the lounge gone.

Speaking of cards, what happened to that arsehole priest?
>>
No. 840379 ID: 3ce125

Maybe it's time to start looking for allies.
>>
No. 840383 ID: 91ee5f

>>840376
Flint, if Gallows isn't able to warp to the Lounge, he's gonna try to warp to the closest place to New Olmec and then travel the rest of the way on land. So where do you think is the closest place to New Olmec that Gallows would come from?

Because you've gotta make sure you get to him before he runs into any Church Preists that could still be in New Olmec!
>>
No. 840395 ID: 8a947d
File 150922810852.png - (101.11KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 52.png )
840395

>Gallows
You'll definitely have to message him about what's happened, there should be some carrier crows somewhere you can use.

>Priest Card
You pocketed him a while back, you still have him.

You: Right now I feel like it's best that we gather allies. I don't like the idea but we'll probably going to have to be more aggressive against the regency.

Rose:...Hey does anyone else hear that ?

The sound of a train runs through the night.

Rose: There aren't any train tracks that go through this area, what is that ?
>>
No. 840397 ID: 8a947d
File 150922823351.png - (398.28KB , 1212x826 , OTiNO 51.png )
840397

Suddenly the source of the noise pulls up in front of the house seemingly out of nowhere, a train decorated in bones running on tracks that disappear behind it and reappear in front of it. The train comes to a complete stop in front of the house.
>>
No. 840399 ID: 0d45a9

Is that the shadowmen? Allies might've just found you rather than the other way around.
>>
No. 840406 ID: 13fded

Voodoo! Get ready. This could be really good or tremendously bad.
>>
No. 840420 ID: 91ee5f

>>840397
Oh, that's just great!

First the Church attacks and now the Voodoo guys are picking fights! What is this, "Pick on the Pagans" day?! Give us a break already!

Be prepared for if they're not here to be friendly!
>>
No. 840421 ID: 3ce125

Get ready for a fight!
...but don't start one.
>>
No. 840425 ID: 8a947d