[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 842196)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150971028954.png - (225.36KB , 1212x826 , Chapter 9 Title card.png )
842196 No. 842196 ID: 8a947d

Do you get it yet? Can you see through this?
You know all too well you cannot make things perfect
No, I'll be shifting through lists of these possible loves
With this pain in my brain it feels scattered like doves
Through this sky where my eyes have been drifting towards recently...

Expand all images
>>
No. 842197 ID: 094652

Speaking of eyes, YOUR EYE IS BURSTING!
>>
No. 842198 ID: 8a947d
File 150971047182.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , Darkness.png )
842198

Eugh...Why's it so dark in here ? Oh that's right there no windows down here. You reach over to try and turn on the lights and end up knocking over three or four things off of your dresser, that's nice now you gotta clean that up later. You grab the remote light switch off of the dresser.
>>
No. 842199 ID: 8a947d
File 150971068478.png - (341.50KB , 1212x826 , Wake Up.png )
842199

That's better

Your name is Ada Buabenee, and you have to open your shop and go to work in about an hour or so.
>>
No. 842201 ID: 13fded

Just an hour? Than hurry! Eat some bread, brush your teeth and get dressed.
>>
No. 842202 ID: 094652

And cook with beer!
>>
No. 842205 ID: 68751b

>>842202
Now when you say cook with beer, do you mean use beer like some sort of subsitute for oil? Or ignite and fuel the flames with beer? Or just flat out chug beer while cooking?
>>
No. 842206 ID: 91ee5f

>Playing as Ada.
Oh? I wasn't expecting that. This outta be interesting!

>>842199
Be honest, you were dreaming about Roland, weren't you? ~

>open your shop and go to work in about an hour or so.
Then quickly shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and then get to work!

Maybe you'll be lucky and Roland will show up? ~
>>
No. 842215 ID: 65dabf

Hey,what was that about "studing" Roland's runes?
(Were those runes, marks, i don't remember)
>>
No. 842239 ID: 3ce125

>>842199
Shower, breakfast, brush teeth, check your email.
>>
No. 842242 ID: d1d0b8

>>842199
What are all those papers on the wall to your left?
>>
No. 842287 ID: 094652

>>842205
Knowing Ada? All of the above.
>>
No. 842324 ID: 7152b7

Admire fine wall diagram whilst removing knots from hair.
>>
No. 842339 ID: 8a947d
File 150975755418.png - (188.65KB , 1212x826 , Wake Up 2.png )
842339

You have time to spare since Distant Wonder barely get's any customers, Roland is the only person who shows up consistently. You take your shower and get dressed, you can eat while you're at the front desk. You don't plan on cooking anything since last time you did the church guard almost investigated your shop after getting reports of a poisonous gas leak.

You stand at the counter of your shop and begin to read a book while waiting for somebody to come in. Just as you turn the page the bell above the front door rings...
>>
No. 842340 ID: 8a947d
File 150975765245.png - (111.98KB , 1212x826 , Customer.png )
842340

An odd man with long hair stands in the door way, he looks around the empty interior before entering.

You: Welcome to Distant Wonder, what can I do for you today ?

Man:...You run this shop ?
>>
No. 842341 ID: 91ee5f

>>842340
>...You run this shop?
"Yes, I do. Is there anything I can help you find?"
>>
No. 842349 ID: 9b80a5

get ready to take action, he looks shady as fuck, though don't let him notice your doing that either,
>>
No. 842351 ID: 3ce125

What do you have for self-defense?
>>
No. 842356 ID: 91ee5f

>>842351
Well, unless she sold it, she's still got that knife that Roland cleaned for her. Which'll help since the knife has Rending Sigils on it, which stops wounds from healing.
>>
No. 842368 ID: 77784b

>>842340
... okaaaay, this guy's strange, but we had strange customers before ﴾Roland is as strange as they get﴿. Let's see what he wants, but until then:
Don't turn your back on people you don't trust
>>
No. 842369 ID: 3abd97

>...You run this shop ?
Yes, can I help you?
>>
No. 842396 ID: 8a947d
File 150977147615.png - (183.65KB , 1212x826 , Customer 2.png )
842396

>>842351
You have a Stun Gun behind the counter along with some other much less legal ordnance in the back just in case.

You: Yes, I run this shop. What do you need sir ?

The man reaches into his coat and pulls out a badge.

Man: I'm an agent of the Itsdin Church Guard. It's come to our attention that your business may be in possession of multiple heretical artifacts and I've come to confiscate any that you may be in possession of and take you in for questioning.
>>
No. 842400 ID: 8a947d
File 150977174132.png - (161.12KB , 1212x826 , What the hell.png )
842400

...Wait what !?

That's not right, how could he have found about about all the stuff you have ? The Suppression Engine in the basement is supposed to be blocking the magic signal given off by your shop!...Shit did you charge it ? You're supposed to charge the engine at the start of every month so it works properly! This month started yesterday. Why didn't you charge it then !?
>>
No. 842402 ID: 65dabf

God damn it, i knew it. Look, my advice is to do as he says, for now. Resisting will only make things worst. If they take your stuff, Roland will be more than happy to help you get it back.
>>
No. 842403 ID: 8a947d
File 150977188960.png - (182.88KB , 1212x826 , What the hell 2.png )
842403

Oh dammit that's when Roland came over, you spent all of that time working on his Waystone and you forgot about the Suppression Engine!

Well you can't say no to this guy, even if you did he'd just suspect you more! what are you gonna do !?
>>
No. 842405 ID: 65dabf

God damn it, i knew it. Look, my advice is to do as he says, for now. Resisting will only make things worst. If they take your stuff, Roland will be more than happy to help you get it back.

Sorry, i posted too soon.
>>
No. 842406 ID: 3ce125

>>842403
God damn it Ada.

Obviously if you let him look around he's going to almost immediately find a bunch of heretical shit and the "questioning" will be less than pleasant. Optimally you'd distract or disable him somehow while you escape with some of the more sensitive/valuable items in your collection. Also all the money you can recover.

I say stun him, close the store so nobody disturbs you for a bit, tie him up and start gathering up your possessions so that you can move to a new location. No need to kill the guy since he's just doing his job.
>>
No. 842411 ID: 9c2f50

Oh crap!

Uhh... sure just show him into the back so he can check out your “inventory” then stun a bitch!
>>
No. 842412 ID: 91ee5f

>>842403
Oh shit!

Maybe if you stall long enough, Roland will show up and rescue you again?

I mean, sure this guy's a Church asshole, like the Priest that turned you into a card. However, unlike that Priest, this Church asshole is just doing his job and hasn't turned you into anything.

.....try stalling him by saying, "How do I know that you're really who you say you are?! For all I know, that badge could be a fake and you're just here to kidnap me and sell me as a sex slave!"
>>
No. 842460 ID: 7152b7

Surely you have something terrifying and horrible to use against him.

Also, [Stat Sheet] and [Inventory] Please.
>>
No. 842461 ID: be0718

You can't just stun him, the church has as many tricks up its sleeves as a pagan, maybe more.
First, refuse him disrupting your business without a warrant. Second, use everything you can think of to disable him, not just that Stun Gun.
>>
No. 842462 ID: 91ee5f

>>842460
I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get a stat sheet, since we didn't get one with Flint.

But we probably will get an inventory check.
>>
No. 842464 ID: 830fb7

Ask if he has a warrant.
>>
No. 842466 ID: 13fded

Explain that most of your products are in this room but you can bring your stock here if he want to see. It will be easier to hide the more valuable products but you will need to let him get away with some pagan paraphernalia.
>>
No. 842469 ID: 61f639

Be careful, this guy could be a priest for all we know.
>>
No. 842471 ID: 094652

"I'm sure we can work out a transaction. Would you like a cup of orgasm while you wait?"

GASLIGHT HIS ASS AND BREAK HIS MIND.
>>
No. 842474 ID: 77784b

>>842403
Can you think of a way to talk him out of this?
>>
No. 842491 ID: 91ee5f

>>842412
Also, if he does prove that he is who he is, then try to bluff your way outta this and pretend that you didn't know you had any heretical artifacts!

The store owner that didn't know what was on her shelves is better than the store owner that knew exactly what she was selling!

Of course, you can't let him or any of the Church look around in your shop, they could find your Suppression Engine!
>>
No. 842523 ID: c5aeb0

>>842491
we can claim that any suspicious magic signature came from a customer.
>>
No. 842575 ID: 8a947d
File 150983671709.png - (211.04KB , 1212x826 , Agent 2.png )
842575

>Inventory
Aside from your Stun Gun you have your Repair Tools to help you fix whatever you need and a Short Circuit Node you made in case you ever needed to sabotage machinery for whatever reason. you never really stopped making machines for guerrilla warfare.

You can't let him look around the basement, with the Suppression Engine down there he's definitely going to question what it is and if he does find out then the church will have access to a piece of Arcamagikal technology! There is a way to destroy it along with the rest of the store but you'd need to get down to the basement first. After that you have way to escape,

As the Agent talks to you two other guards enter your shop. The Agent sends the two to search the front of your shop while he talks to you.

You: A-a warrant is necessary for you to search my shop is it not ?

Agent: No, it's not. If you'd like you can talk to the Guard Captain about the process after we're done here but when we're ordered to search an area we follow orders.

Sebastian: My name is Agent Sebastian Stout, I understand that shops such as these tend to gather their stock from scavenging or bartering. It's understandable if you have a few heretical artifacts that you didn't recognize but for the sake of protocol you'll still have to come in for questioning if any are found.

Sebastian: Now is this all of your store's inventory ?
>>
No. 842577 ID: 3ce125

>>842575
Tell him there's some overstock in the basement, you'll bring it out for him.

Then go scuttle the shop. Grab what you can take with you of course.
>>
No. 842581 ID: d8b9a6

I hope you have some sort of escape plan in place in case something like this were to have happened....

>>842577
If not do this.
>>
No. 842582 ID: 7152b7

Uh. No. I was sold one thing. It has some strange markings but I don't know much about it.

Give him the knife.

Maybe he'll be satisfied enough to leave the store. Sure you'll be interrogated but worse can things can happen.
>>
No. 842583 ID: 91ee5f

>>842575
>Destroy Suppression Engine and shop.
Ok, how long will it take for that to activate? Because you wouldn't want to activate it, run away, and then one of these guys turns it off and your shop doesn't get destroyed!

>>842577
This sounds like our only option.

The only problem I see would be one or all of them following Ada to make sure she doesn't try to run. Or them not letting her go into the basement and telling her that she has to stay behind the counter.

We'd have to find a way to create an opening if either of those things happen.

>Grab what you can take with you of course.
The knife Roland cleaned for her should be one of the things she grabs.

And any Arcamagikal weapons that she can use to fight.

Anything that she can't bring with her, including anything Arcamagikal, should be destroyed with the Suppression Engine and the shop.
>>
No. 842585 ID: 91ee5f

>>842582
Were you not paying attention? Being interrogated is the worst that'll happen!

If they find one thing, including the knife you want to hand over, they'll take her in to be interrogated. And if they take her in, that means more guards will be looking around in her shop while she's being interrogated, which means that they could find their way into the basement and find things that Ada doesn't want them to find!

In other words, we can't let them take Ada in!
>>
No. 842594 ID: d3602f

>>842577
Just in case he wants to go down to check himself without you, say that these objects were ornate, so you placed them in a vault for safe keeping. You don't like to keep your more expensive wares out in the open after all. I think you would be justified in saying that you would rather put the code in yourself rather than tell him.
>>
No. 842598 ID: 13fded

"Mostly. There are a few things spread around I can bring here if you want to see."
>>
No. 842646 ID: 8a947d
File 150986446483.png - (225.78KB , 1212x826 , Agent 1.png )
842646

>>842582
You do not want to give up the knife! You were going to try and sell it but after you got it back cleaned you couldn't part with it for some reason...

>>842577
You: I have some overstock in my basement, I'll go get what I can.

Sebastian: Of course, Hey you two! Go help the lady with her inventory, she shouldn't have to carry it up alone.

They're going to see the Suppression Engine if they go down into the basement with you! You need to make some sort of excuse so you can go down alone. Maybe you can do something with the Short Circuit Node and all of the machinery around the back of your shop.
>>
No. 842648 ID: 3ce125

>>842646
Good idea. Short circuit something in passing, then say you have to fix the damn thing before it blows up. Get some protective gear on and tell the guards they should probably stay outside while you have the machine open, the fumes involved are very dangerous.

You know, basically, create a falsely hazardous environment in order to get the privacy you need.
>>
No. 842659 ID: 91ee5f

>>842646
>You do not want to give up the knife! You were going to try and sell it but after you got it back cleaned you couldn't part with it for some reason...
That's probably because it was a gift from Roland and you can't bear to sell something he gave you! ~

>Of course, Hey you two! Go help the lady with her inventory, she shouldn't have to carry it up alone.
At least he's polite and he isn't forcing you to do it all by yourself! .....which would be nice if you weren't actively trying to hide these things from him!

>>842648
This is a reasonable plan!

.....as long as the guards don't suddenly become living examples of chivalry not being dead and insist on coming to help you!
>>
No. 842668 ID: 3ce125

Alternate plan: break something, get them to "help you", have them hold some wires or something and then go "hang on I need to get the soldering iron/wire clippers/spare parts/whatever" and just go down into the basement then.

Basically, occupy their hands and attention on the machines as if they're actually helping you with something.
>>
No. 842671 ID: d3602f

>>842659
Usually, unless you are a skilled repairman, helping in fixing usually just causes more problems. These guards are more likely to blow it up... Actually, yeah, let's get them to fix it for us. I'm sure these BIG STRONG MEN (and maybe women) who were hired by the WISE AND BRILLIANT CHURCH would know just what to do.
>>
No. 842672 ID: 094652

>>842671
They'd pray to their gods. And unfortunately, in this universe, their gods listen and reply. Bad idea.

How about this: focus on disguising one of your expensive objects, but ignore the machine. Hopefully they'll assume your engine is a distraction from the real powerful stuff, and then you surrender it without a fuss. Immediately after they take a bunch of magic items out, turn the engine on. Then plant the idea that the other magic items in the basement get their power from the expensive stuff and without it you're just a junk peddler. Arresting you at that point is a waste of good interrogation resources.
>>
No. 842673 ID: 830fb7

Pretend you have a security system down there, say to them not to touch anything unless passed to them or it'll activate the security system. Once they touch something walk up to the machine blocking the signals saying "oh crap you've done it now", when they ask done what say "cant you feel the static in the air", then fiddle with the machine pretending to try and disable the alarm (but really enabling the self destruct) "shout out oh crap it's worse than I thought" they'll react asking what is worse, reply with "I've never had the alarm activated like this before, I think the machine is going to overload we got to run now", grab what you can and run for it. Blame the explosion on the one that touched the item saying "I though I told you not to touch anything I didn't hand you" you'll be asked what happened and you can say the two guards didn't follow directions and caused the alarm system to overload and explode.
>>
No. 842677 ID: 3ce125

>>842672
Guards aren't priests.

>>842673
The magic blocking machine is in the basement, not the back room. She doesn't want the guards in the basement.
>>
No. 842710 ID: 65dabf

In any case, for all this plans to work, you'll have to play the "clunky girl" act, try to do everything wrong. In the best case scenario, they will eventually get tired and try to get this over with and leave, and the won't think of you as a suspicious individual.
>>
No. 842716 ID: ade112

>>842648
Sounds like a solid plan! Let’s do this and yeah try and act like a ditzy girl. Like when you say you have to go check something and the guards follow you, say something that will stop them from trying to “help.”
>>
No. 842718 ID: d3602f

I wonder if they would believe us if we told them that we were sold a "defunct" bomb.
>>
No. 842811 ID: 8a947d
File 150993113328.png - (433.60KB , 1212x826 , Sabotage Yourself.png )
842811

As you move to the back of the shop you carefully plant the Short Circuit Node on a power box on one of the walls. The box explodes in a cloud smoke as electricity crackles off of the wall. Sebastian and the two guards look in concern as you put on your best acting.

Sebastian: What happened !?

You: Some of the wiring must have short circuited! This is bad...these wires connect to the heating system down in the basement! From the look of it the basement may be filling with smoke and other fumes!

Sebastian: Well...it sounds serious do you need help ? Should we call emergency services ?

You: No, I have had to do this before do not worry. I've only got one gas mask and it could be dangerous besides I need somebody to stay here and watch the fuse box.

You grab both of the guards and direct them to the power box, you give them rubber gloves and ask them to hold onto some worthless wires in the box until a certain light flashes red. At that point you head down to the basement.
>>
No. 842816 ID: 8a947d
File 150993164353.png - (322.82KB , 1212x826 , Suppression Engine.png )
842816

In the basement you walk into the room that houses the suppression engine. You enter in three separate access codes and put in a time, 5 minutes should be long enough to get what you need and get out of here. In the room over from the suppression engine room you keep something that'll help you escape.

As you pack important items and books for escape you hear the bell over the front door of your shop up, somebody else has come into your shop. The agent must have called somebody anyway. You don't want anybody else getting hurt in the blast!
>>
No. 842819 ID: 3ce125

>>842816
Or maybe it's Roland. Well, keep an ear out. If you hear the sounds of a battle it's probably Roland and you may have an opportunity to make a more controlled escape.

If you don't hear a fight it might be a priest. In that case you'd want to be ready to escape at any moment. So hurry up.

Do you have any cameras or something you can look through to see who it is? If it's a civilian the investigator will make them leave, so you probably don't need to worry about that.
>>
No. 842823 ID: d8b9a6

>>842816
Work fast if you hear someone coming make sure you have a good escape plan, when in doubt, know your way out.
>>
No. 842826 ID: 65dabf

Grab that knife Roland re-peared for you, you might need it later. It is a big chance that it is Gallous up there, he really likes to come here~~
Try to listen for what might be happening up there.
>>
No. 842827 ID: d3602f

>>842816
Check through the door to check if it's someone you know that you could probably convince to leave. If it's no one you know, run out and say that some voodoo hexed your generator to explode, and you can't find anything resembling an effigy down there, so it must be somewhere outside.
>>
No. 842829 ID: 91ee5f

>>842816
What if it's Roland?! You know how offer he shows up at your shop!

You just need to wait long enough for the timer to reach a small amount of time left that either the Church guys will be foolish enough to run down and try to do something or scare them away so they run outside!

What exactly is the thing that you were going to use to escape? Is it something that will let you teleport?
>>
No. 842830 ID: 91ee5f

>>842829
Oh, and you should definitely grab the knife that Roland cleaned for you!
>>
No. 842832 ID: d3602f

>>842830
While it might have some sentimental value, we are in a town filled with priests, and that thing is oozing pagan magic.
>>
No. 842834 ID: 91ee5f

>>842832
True, but Ada doesn't plan on sticking around in town for very long, so it won't be that big of a deal.

Plus, it's a knife that prevents anyone from healing any injuries it causes. That's useful!
>>
No. 842882 ID: 7152b7

If it's small, removable, and requires Unters Infrastructure to create it, then you should probably grab it.
>>
No. 842947 ID: 8a947d
File 151000714632.png - (79.76KB , 1212x826 , Basement 1.png )
842947

The explosions going to be big, it'll definitely hurt anyone caught in it's blast and you don't wan't bystanders getting injured. You head out to check the camera monitor out in the hall.
>>
No. 842949 ID: 8a947d
File 151000767207.png - (341.17KB , 1212x826 , Camera 1.png )
842949

On the monitor Roland has entered your shop! He walks forward but completely ignores Agent Sebastian.

Roland: Ada ? Hello ? Your front door was open are you in here ?

You can hear him ringing the bell from in the basement. For some reason he doesn't notice the two guards in the back of the shop either, almost like they aren't there at all. You notice there's a sign on the front counter you didn't put there, once Gallow's reads it he decides to wander the shop and look at the shelves and stock. Agent Sebastian is watching him silently.

You can't blow up the shop with Roland in here!
>>
No. 842954 ID: 3ce125

>>842949
Well go cancel the countdown. I'm guessing the inspector has some sort of stealth ability keeping Roland from seeing him, so you're going to have to start the fight.

Get some of the weapons from your stash down here. Then you get to attack the guards, which will draw the attention of both people in the front of the store. Unless you can take them out silently- that would be optimal. Then you can bust out the loud weapons against the inspector.
>>
No. 842967 ID: d8b9a6

>>842954
do this.
>>
No. 842968 ID: 830fb7

>>842949
He could be a priest with the powers of illusion.
>>
No. 842969 ID: 583424

>>842949
Do you have a device that blocks transmissions? Roland can fight them as long as not a lot more of them show up. Can you make him aware of the other visitors from where you are?

Should have gone with the disguise,
Gallows, in Itsdin you're a wanted man ~♪.

>>
No. 842971 ID: 91ee5f

>>842949
Don't you have some kinda sprinkler system in the shop for in case a fire started? If you do, can you turn it on manually? That way the water will give away the Inspector's location!

Or maybe you can come running out of the basement and shout that you can't fix the heating system and everyone needs to get out before it explodes!

Don't turn off the self-destruct, you might not get another chance to come down here and try again! Especially if the Inspector drags you away from the shop for questioning! Because while you're being questioned, he'll have more guards look around your shop and you won't be able to stop them from going into the basement!
>>
No. 842972 ID: 65dabf

These preists are full of surprises aren't they? You could try as well to find what is causing the illusion, so Roland can help you out.
>>
No. 842980 ID: d1d0b8

>>842949
Turn off the countdown, fuel the machine, then calmly walk back up with a box of "overstock" weapons.
>>
No. 842993 ID: d3602f

>>842949
I still suggest we do that "voodoo people hexed my generator" plan.
>>
No. 843004 ID: 91ee5f

Wait, we can't go back up! The guards we have holding a bunch of wires will be expecting a certain light flash red! They're gonna question if we actually did anything to fix it if the light doesn't flash!
>>
No. 843021 ID: d3602f

The light coming on just means we "fixed it". We could easily just say that the malfunction must be worse than we thought, or that there must be something else wrong with the machine.

Actually, we might be able to use it as an excuse to get Roland down there and tell him what's going on. We can just say that he's our technician. Perhaps before we go, we should tell him to get that gas mask out of his bag, so that they think we are still having a bit of a gas problem.
>>
No. 843025 ID: 7152b7

If Roland is here he can handle these assholes!
If he sees them that is. Go back out front and point them out to him.
>>
No. 843042 ID: 91ee5f

>>843021
>Perhaps before we go, we should tell him to get that gas mask out of his bag, so that they think we are still having a bit of a gas problem.
If Ada can say that to Roland and get him into the basement before he can say, "But I don't have a gas mask!" then I'll be impressed!
>>
No. 843044 ID: d3602f

>>843042
Considering the fact that he apparently can't see the priest, he will probably be too confused to answer.
>>
No. 843046 ID: 91ee5f

>>843044
He's not a Priest, he's an Inspector.

And he might have to reveal himself and the guards when Ada comes up, since she's expecting them to still be here!
>>
No. 843049 ID: d3602f

>>843046
Since cameras can still see him, it seems to be target specific. So either Roland sees us talking to no one, or he sees some guy appear out of nowhere. Both would make it clear to him that something is off.
>>
No. 843112 ID: 8a947d
File 151004211830.png - (154.63KB , 1212x826 , Roland 1.png )
843112

>Weapons
You're not too sure about starting a fight, but in case it does ave you.happen you grab your Grenade Pouch and the Rending Knife Roland gave you.

You stop the timer and head upstairs locking the basement door behind you. You head up to the front counter to talk to Roland.

Roland: Ada, there you are! I came to-

You: Oh I am so glad you came, I'm lucky you were close by when I called you. You brought your gas mask right ?

Roland: I-

You: Good! We need to be quick about this. You two keep holding on to those wires!

You grab Roland by the arm before he can say something stupid and rush down to the basement.
>>
No. 843114 ID: 8a947d
File 151004264428.png - (154.78KB , 1212x826 , Basement 2.png )
843114

Roland: What's going Ada ? What was that up there ?

You: The shop might be under investigation by church guards. I have a solution that would have gone a lot smoother if you had not shown up!

Roland: S-sorry! I didn't-

You: Never mind. I need you to go into the back and grab as much stuff as you can, and load it up onto the big thing in the room over there, you will know it when you see it.

Roland: And what about the shop and the guards up there ?

You: I am going to have to blow this place up along with everything inside, that is why I grabbed you.

Roland: Wha-there's nothing else you can do besides blowing the place up ?
>>
No. 843117 ID: 830fb7

Roland can use his daemons to transport the items if the filter is up and if things go bad they can be stored with fiddler in the aether.
>>
No. 843122 ID: 7152b7

No time to argue.
Look him in the eye and trail off.

"Please Roland..."

Gets 'um every time.
>>
No. 843123 ID: 3ce125

>>843114
...well we could remove all Pagan items from the shop before the Investigator and his guards find them. Hide the evidence and start the machine back up, then they won't have a reason to check the basement because they can't detect anything anymore, right? Problem is how do we actually do that? Ask Roland if he has any way of perfectly hiding Pagan objects.
>>
No. 843126 ID: 3583d1

>>843117
>>843123

Bad idea guys, we are caught between a rock and a hard place right now. If Roland uses his pagan magic, then the priests will REALLY know something is up with Ada, and we don't want to fuck things up for her further. Roland is going to have to do what he can for now, unless she gets that magic suppression engine going ASAP this place is gonna have to go boom.
>>
No. 843127 ID: 91ee5f

>>843114
>Wha-there's nothing else you can do besides blowing the place up?
"I can't risk letting the Church look around my shop and find my people's technology!"

Also, you might want to check the security cameras to make sure that Investigator didn't sneak in behind you and Roland!

>>843123
That would be nice, however it won't work.

A magical signal suddenly disappearing like that would look very suspicious!
>>
No. 843129 ID: 3ce125

>>843126
>>843127
You're assuming that they're scanning all the time.
>>
No. 843130 ID: 3ce125

...oh, one thing we could do is have Roland use Cerebral Gnat to take over the Investigator and make him cancel the investigation.
>>
No. 843131 ID: 91ee5f

>>843129
In a city like Itsdin? Odds are, they probably are scanning all the time, which is why they immediately sent an Investigator on the day the Suppression Engine ran out of charge.

>>843130
But does Roland have the ingredients to summon it?

And it'll only stay summoned for 1 minute, unless it successfully takes control of someone. So would it be able to reach the Investigator from here in that amount of time? Hell, if he's still invisible, would the Cerebral Gnat even be able to find the Investigator?
>>
No. 843132 ID: d3602f

>>843130
That investigator seems to have magical powers, which suggests he is a priest. I don't think gnats would work on him.

However, maybe we could use the gnat to control one of the guards. They wouldn't be able to call off the investigation, but if they are the only one who sees the basement, we should be fine. We might have to let go of some actual magical artifacts, but the rest we can hide in the aether. Question is, how do we convince them to only let one person into the basement? If we can create two, maybe we could convince the agent to guard the door while the others check?
>>
No. 843145 ID: 583424

>>843114
Can't we take Sebastian with us smh? As a prisoner? I kinda want him to do something for us.

Also I'm pretty sure he's standing right next to us.
>>
No. 843271 ID: 8a947d
File 151009580218.png - (309.37KB , 1212x826 , Phasebike 1.png )
843271

You're not sure if demons will work on an church agent, and you aren't sure if Roland still can't see Sebastian and if that will affect it.

You go back and set the timer on the suppression engine again, this time for 3 minutes. You tell Roland you have no time to argue and just ask him to do what you say. He reluctantly packs as much stuff as possible and loads it onto-

Roland: Whoa! What is this thing ?

You: That is a phasebike, I have been building it for a while after I found the chassis. I have not gotten used to riding it but I am good enough to get us out of here.
>>
No. 843276 ID: 8a947d
File 151009595437.png - (69.48KB , 1212x826 , Phasebike 2.png )
843276

Outside you and Roland can hear banging on the doors.

Sebastian: Ada! We can't keep waiting here forever Is something the matter down there ?

Roland: Who's that ?

You can hear the door to the basement being broken down, you'd better get going.
>>
No. 843281 ID: 91ee5f

>>843276
>You can hear the door to the basement being broken down
Put something big and heavy in front of that door! It'll buy the self-destruct some extra time to count down so that if they do get in here, there won't be enough time for them to turn off the self-destruct!

Get on the bike and tell Roland to hold on tight!
*insert Roland accidentally choking Ada here*
Ack! Not that tight!
>>
No. 843285 ID: 65dabf

Well, it was a nice shop. Say your goodbyes and get the hell out of there. Now Roland owes you a shop, and a house, and tons of shit.
>>
No. 843287 ID: 90f3c0

Ask Roland is he can summon something to block the door, then get the hell out of there.
>>
No. 843333 ID: d3602f

>>843271
Do you guys think it might be a bad idea to go to our friend's bar with a church agent on our tail? The town might be on alert soon.
>>
No. 843338 ID: 91ee5f

>>843333
Yes, that's a terrible idea!
>>
No. 843347 ID: d3602f

>>843338
Okay, but the only other choice I can think of is going on a high speed chase through on a weird flying bike that would probably stick out like a sore thumb. Should we find somewhere to hide, or should we just try to fly out of town and risk any defenses along the parameter? Or does anyone have a better idea for our destination?
>>
No. 843359 ID: 91ee5f

>>843347
Ada's got an escape planned. She's always had one planned for when this eventually happened. She'll know what to do.
>>
No. 843471 ID: ec39db

>>843276
"the damage is more severe than I thought! This whole place is gonna blow!"
>>
No. 843603 ID: 8a947d
File 151019101963.png - (160.33KB , 1212x826 , Phasebike 3.png )
843603

Roland knocks down one of your tool shelves to keep the door blocked!
>>
No. 843606 ID: 8a947d
File 151019117776.png - (411.14KB , 1212x826 , Phasebike 4.png )
843606

You rev up the Phasebike and drive head first into the wall, but don't collide with it. Instead the bike phases through space and into a void between dimensions.

You can Roland choking on your hair on the back of the bike.
>>
No. 843607 ID: 8a947d
File 151019163590.png - (246.57KB , 1212x826 , Phasebike 5.png )
843607

While in the void some supernatural anomaly shifted the narrative back to Gallows' point of view.

After a few minutes of riding the bike stops outside of Itsdin behind a few dunes of sand. Ada seem's very understandably upset as she mutters and shouts to herself in a language you don't understand. After a little she calms down and turns to you.

Ada: Great...now what am I going to do ? This is exactly what my father warned me about. I am going to have to go back to the Unter now ? There is no way I can go back to Itsdin.

You hear an explosion in the distance punctuating Ada's point.
>>
No. 843608 ID: 3ce125

Tell her about the game, and that you would very very much like Unter's help winning it. Also that she can set up a shop in the Gilded Cage!
>>
No. 843609 ID: 830fb7

Well you could always come with me I came here to show you a neat place me, the pagans and some friends found. What do you say would you come and take a look for me before heading out to your old home.
>>
No. 843610 ID: 5d7976

>>843607
Well... You could join me in making the world green again. The funny thing is, I actually found a way to do that, and... I want you to be a part of it with me... if... you want to that is...
>>
No. 843612 ID: d3602f

>>843607
First of all, how did we choke on your hair when our mouth is covered in bandages? Must be the magitech making it phase through.

Second, we got a hideout that should be quite accommodating if you want to stay there. Oh, and we are also now part of a game to find spheres of azurite in order to change the world, and unless we want another team to take over the world, we are going to need all the help we can get. So... would it be too much to ask for help from the Unter? If you don't believe us (we don't blame you if you don't), we can bring you to the guy in charge of things.
>>
No. 843614 ID: 094652

Also, can we wait to see the explosion cloud?
>>
No. 843617 ID: 91ee5f

>>843607
Hey, Roland, did you come by Ada's shop to tell her what you found behind that door, like you promised you would? You'd better go ahead and tell her then!

Also, what did that sign: >>842949 , on the counter say?

Also also, now that you've been seen by Church authorities, it's going to be hard for you to go back to Itsdin to look at what's behind the door Hakim found there! .....if the guys that saw you are still alive anyways. Which is doubtful. So since the only guys that'll be able to recognize you are most likely dead, I guess you should be safe to go back to Itsdin. Maybe?
>>
No. 843626 ID: 65dabf

I don't know if she is going to want to get all her people involved in a game that maight make them desapear form the face of existence. But it wouldn't hurt to ask. At least you can provid her with a place to stay until all this commotion blows off.
>>
No. 843656 ID: d3602f

>>843626
This game is going to be won, and if not by us, it will be by the enemy team. People WILL disappear. Better that we win than the enemy team, who I'm pretty sure is formed by priests who dislike anything not of their religion.

Besides, we have a huge room that can protect those who we wish to see survive. They help us, it is only reasonable that we save a place for them.
>>
No. 843663 ID: 91ee5f

I just realized something.

If we do manage to convince the entire city of the Unter (or just some of them) to come into the Gilded Cage with us, then they'll have to blow up their entire city! Because as soon as they leave, the Church is going to show up when nobody's home!
>>
No. 843706 ID: 65dabf

>>843656
Wait, so we can let them go to take refuge. BUT, if they help us, they would be participating in the game, and if we lose, they lose as well, or i get that all wrong?
>>
No. 843708 ID: 3ce125

>>843706
Only those in the winning team's Gilded Cage get to survive and enter the next world. The losing team *and everyone on the surface* is erased.

This means there is no advantage to staying out of the game. I suppose neutral parties could hedge their bets by helping both sides and splitting up their population between the two cages.
>>
No. 843713 ID: 8a947d
File 151020861995.png - (131.65KB , 1212x826 , Ada 1.png )
843713

>>843706
From what you remember from the rules. No matter who wins the world will be reset, anybody outside of the winning Gilded Cage will disappear whether they're participating or not. Everybody your teams Gilded Cage will still disappear if the opposing team wins, if they want to survive then helping will make it easier.

You tell Ada about the door, the game, the Gilded Cage, everything.

Ada: ...You are kidding ? That sounds insane!

You: I wouldn't lie about this sort of thing, that's why I came to your shop in the first place.

Ada: If what you are saying is true...that means that everybody in the Unter is doomed to be wiped from existence!

You: Unless they help win and take shelter in the Gilded Cage. That way they'll survive. Do you think they'll help ?

Ada: Only if they believe what you are saying...I think we should get going first. Of course I will offer any help I can but after what happened there isn't a lot I can give.

You and Ada bike over to Gudon, from there you Waystone back to The Gilded Cage
>>
No. 843715 ID: 8a947d
File 151020888283.png - (248.96KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 1.png )
843715

Ada like everybody else who's entered stands in awe at a room lined with gold. You tell her to find a room for herself to put her things and she goes to unpack her phasebike in a room.

The Administrator opens his curtains to talk to you.

Admin: A new member for the red team ! Wonderful you've made a lot of new additions today haven't you ? Your pagan pals have brought some more very important looking people here to talk about who knows what, they're all in the conference room in you want to poke your head in on them. Meanwhile your friends are all making themselves some breakfast in the kitchen if your hungry.
>>
No. 843721 ID: 3ce125

>>843715
Business before pleasure. Go check on the conference room.
>>
No. 843722 ID: d3602f

>>843715
Let's see what the other pagans know.
>>
No. 843725 ID: 91ee5f

>>843715
I've got 2 questions for the Administrator.

1.) He said this place once housed armies, but can it hold an entire city (the Unter)?

2.) Can we get him something to eat and/or drink or does he not need anything like that?

>Important looking Pagans have arrived.
Let's go meet them before we go get anything to eat.

And if we get a chance, let's hand over that Priest Charm Knife to someone and then ask Flint to give us Karas' card so we can give that to Hakim.
>>
No. 843731 ID: 094652

>>843715
Can stuff be stored on the lowest layer for years, or will the lowest layer fall eventually?

Is there any way to increase the space of the Gilded Cage? What about stealing layers from the Blue Team's base?

After the game is over, do you kick everyone out or have there been hermits living in the Gilded Cage long after the new god has created a world?
>>
No. 843741 ID: 70fa23

Let’s go have a meeting after we get some breakfast. What we need to to is talk with our pagan pals and take stock of our situation. Ada should sit in on this too, because if we ally oursleves with the Unter they are going to be a part of this too.

First question is do any pagan colonies that we know of have any ready azurite for our immediate usage? This question will also apply to the people of the Unter. If that answer is yes then it’s important we collect them as soon as possible.

Secondly, Roland and Hakim need to tell their stories of how they got their azurite. The reason for this is so we have something to go off of when we are looking for more. Anyone else who has any more ideas where azurite can be found should speak up as well.

And thirdly, we also need to discuss how we plan to deal with the church. Because they are also collecting azsurite so it sounds like we will be pulling off a real pagan raid on the church sometime in the near future, like proper pagans do, fuck yeah. We should get a plan of action ready soon.
>>
No. 843768 ID: 65dabf

>>843741
All this sounds good. It's payback time!
>>
No. 844142 ID: 8a947d
File 151036343104.png - (522.97KB , 1212x826 , Confrence Room 1.png )
844142

>>843725
Admin: Why sure, I've anticipated players wanting to bring many loved ones with them so this place can accommodate all of them. Although it is possible to simply have the citizens of said city come here once you have all ten orbs of azerite if they aren't too excited about spending too much time here.

>>843731
Admin: The absolute lowest layer of my cage will be shed off once I begin the next game which'll probably be millennia from after this one is finished so it is safe to store things in the lower areas.

Admin: I give people a period of time after they win to move their objects and belongings out before I hide the cage again. After that I kick anyone squatting here out, they've got a whole new world to see they aren't gonna stay in here.

You decide to head to the conference hall to see what the other pagans are talking about. The room is full of head pagans sitting muttering to one another, in the middle of the room a table circled with pagans discussing the current issues. The New Olmec heads are sitting there, Flint see's you and motions you to come sit next to him. When you do you notice you're sitting right across from Killboss.
>>
No. 844148 ID: 8a947d
File 151036414129.png - (249.78KB , 1212x826 , Confrence Room 2.png )
844148

Killboss: You're Gallows right ? I must say I'm impressed that so much progress was made in such a short amount of time because of you.

You: W-well, I had a lot of help too.

Flint: The Administrator caught everybody up to speed about this game, We've already decided to move as many pagans here as we can as soon as possible. We plan to keep certain outposts up to keep tabs on certain areas that have high church activity though.

Killboss: Since you're the red team leader it only makes sense to have you here for this meeting. We've already gone over multiple topics in your absence, if there's anything else you'd like to put up for discussion now's the time.
>>
No. 844159 ID: 830fb7

Bring in Ada, say she is a member of the Unter and you would like to take a small party to the Unter to bring them into the fold as potential allies and experience people in the arts of Arcamagika.
>>
No. 844160 ID: 91ee5f

>>844148
>We've already gone over multiple topics in your absence, if there's anything else you'd like to put up for discussion now's the time.
No matter what, don't say anything about Ada, the Unter, or Arcamagika! It would be very bad if we promise Arcamagikal help against the Church, but then we can't deliver on our promise because the Unter ends up not wanting to share their secrets with us! Just because they hate the Church, that doesn't mean they're gonna join with us!

We should discuss plans on how we're gonna find Azurite.

Talk about getting more allies. Voodoo users, Prophets, and anyone else that hates the Church as much as us Pagans. And it would be preferable to find allies that won't try to stab us in the back for their own personal gain.

And bring up what Flint told you one time, about how even though you're a Rune Child, you're sort of lacking in real fire power. You'd like to fix that before you end up getting killed from a lack of having that firepower.
>>
No. 844164 ID: 91ee5f

>>844159
Let's not bring Ada in, we promised we wouldn't do that.

Plus, dragging her into a room full of important people is like putting a gun to her head and forcing her to either give up the secrets of Arcamagika and betray her people or refuse and look like an asshole for not helping fight the Church!

Besides, she's only 1 person from the Unter. The decision to share Arcamagika shouldn't be made by her alone. It's a decision for the leaders of the Unter to make!
>>
No. 844168 ID: d3602f

>>844148
Well, the most pressing issue right now would be getting some leads on where to look. Finding allies could also give us leads, so it would be a good idea to ask if anyone knows people who may be willing to join us.

I don't think we need to take time out of a conference to ask if they can help us train. We can talk to Killboss about it afterwards.
>>
No. 844170 ID: 13fded

We need info on the Blue Team. We know they are from the church, but how much of the church is with them? Are they betraying their order or is the entire clergy behind this cause like we are? Could be that some factions of the church are offering support for misleading reasons?
What are the current gods position on this? Will they suspend their support to the priests for betraying them? Are they participating in the game? Can they hide in their cage as gods? Will they need to resort to prophets to survive? If so what will be of the rest of the priests?

Other than that our focus should be what have been so far: allies.
We need to contact others and get evacuation plans ready, when the time come this ship should be as full as it get.
>>
No. 844201 ID: 3ce125

>>844148
Yes, tell them you think the next step is to ally with Unter. You made a friend who should have contacts with the country so your foot is in the door, and we can offer them safe haven from the end of the world. That alone should be enough to secure their help, but it wouldn't hurt to offer them Pagan secrets alongside that.
>>
No. 844204 ID: 8a947d
File 151037834861.png - (174.88KB , 1212x826 , Confrence Room 3.png )
844204

You: I feel like right now having more allies help us with this would make it easier.

Killboss: We've though about that of course. The allies we have managed to get are so few that they barely add anything at all to our organization besides general support, do you know anyone that would help us ?

You: We may have help from large group that's hidden themselves away underground, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get their support fully. They're so secretive but they know powerful magical techniques that could be useful to us. I may have a way to find them and talk to them but it might not go well.

You: Also, I've made friends with a smuggler and an avid voodoo user. I know for a fact we can get help from some voodoo users and I think that Troy may have connections in and around the city of Itsdin.

Killboss: Voodoo users huh...Criminals are one thing but are you sure we can trust voodoo men ?
>>
No. 844206 ID: d3602f

>>844204
We have someone who is able to smell out rotten people, and he said that Hakim doesn't smell rotten. We also saved a close friend of his from being controlled by a god. I think so long as she trusts us, he is willing to work with us.
>>
No. 844207 ID: 3ce125

>>844204
Frankly no, but we need all the help we can get and if we're careful we'll be ok I think. If we use Hakim as an intermediary it should be safe. We should be able to get an information advantage via voodoo by trading artifacts. Especially that priest card.

Troy's smuggler contacts could get us some undercover agents where it counts, and if things go well with the secret society we'll have power when we need it.
>>
No. 844208 ID: 91ee5f

>>844204
>but are you sure we can trust voodoo men?
Don't tell them that Hakim and his group have been trying to kill you for a while. Just mention that if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have been able to get into the Gilded Cage. He allowed you to have his Azurite shard and you combined it with your own shard to create a complete orb of Azurite, which is what was needed to open the giant door.

"Can we trust all Voodoo users? I'm not sure. But what I do know is that we can trust this guy and his group."
>>
No. 844209 ID: 91ee5f

>>844208
Oh, and if they ask how he knew you had Azurite, just tell them that being exposed to Azurite sometimes causes prophetic dreams and that caused him to seek you out.

Speaking of prophetic dreams, if these: >>/questarch/833446 , >>/questarch/833451 , were a prophetic dream that you had, then you should go ahead and mention the names of the people you heard in that conversation and the names of those Circles they mentioned. That way the Pagans and their allies will know who and/or what to be on the lookout for when gathering info on the Church.
>>
No. 844210 ID: 094652

>>844204
>are you sure we can trust voodoo men?
No, and that's not the point. The point is, these are the end-times. We should focus on saving as many non-church civilians as we can, and that includes the voodoo community. We can worry about them stabbing us in the back AFTER we've won the game and prevented the church from ensuring our total erasure from existence.
>>
No. 844238 ID: 7152b7

If we're winning, definitely.
We need to verify who run's the blue team though.
If it's the church I think most Voodoo men would naturally want to be on our team, so long as we aren't way behind.
Vodoo is a strange art. They are masters of deals, always wanting to come out ahead. We should convince them that we are the winning side.
>>
No. 844341 ID: 8a947d
File 151044656994.png - (132.17KB , 1212x826 , Confrence Room 4.png )
844341

You: Not all of them, Voodoo user's aren't as organized or closely connected as we are but I'm sure Hakim will keep his group in line. Hakim did help me open this door to begin with, and he says he might know how to find some Azerite. Flint did you give him Karas ?

Flint: Not yet, I didn't know if I should or not. I'll hand it over after this if I gotta.

Killboss: If you say so. Regarding how the church found 15 hideouts, we've got spies inside trying to figure out what happened. Hopefully they find something. Is there anything else you want to discuss ?
>>
No. 844342 ID: d3602f

>>844341
Any areas that could contain azerite, of course. Or perhaps information networks that could aid us?
>>
No. 844348 ID: 91ee5f

>>844341
>Is there anything else you want to discuss?
"No, Ma'am. Other than leads on Azurite locations, I can't really think of anything else."
>>
No. 844350 ID: 3ce125

Hey... since I'm Red Team leader and all... got any Priest relics lying around I can use to power up my summons?

Also take up that offer of training from Flint.
>>
No. 844352 ID: 91ee5f

>>844350
I don't think we need to actually ask for Priest Charms.

Because if Flint is gonna help Roland get stronger, then those things are gonna be provided without having to ask for them.
>>
No. 844359 ID: 3ce125

Oh, what about mundane/magical equipment for the party? Or some bodyguards to help protect the team?
>>
No. 844376 ID: 8a947d
File 151045344211.png - (272.71KB , 1212x826 , Confrence Room 5.png )
844376

You: You wouldn't happen to have any leads on areas that may hold azerite would you ?

Killboss: We'd have been all over them if we had. Finding azerite for this game is going to be difficult but we do have people out in the field searching or possible leads.

Killboss: If that's all you have to add, I'd say this meeting is done. Everybody back to your posts, those who wish to station yourselves here find an appropriate room and move your belongings as soon as possible.

Killboss: I'll be returning to the previous HQ to gather important supplies, please relay any important questions to one of the Council members or to Gallows.

Killboss and the rest of the pagans begin to exit the conference hall.
>>
No. 844380 ID: 8a947d
File 151045362688.png - (248.96KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 1.png )
844380

There are pagans walking all around the Gilded Cage now, you kinda like how it isn't as empty as before.

You see Flint walking into his new room. Maybe now you should talk about that training he offered.

Your friends are still in the kitchen.
>>
No. 844382 ID: 3ce125

>>844380
Training!
>>
No. 844383 ID: 7152b7

While Flint is definitely a priority, we should go check on Ada, see how she's holding up. A lot has happened real fast. After this training, it might be a good Idea to connect with Unter. Their tech will be useful, they deserve to be warned and perhaps seeing some old friends will put some more pep in Ada's step.


Nhe
>>
No. 844388 ID: 13fded

Friend first. They must be formulating their own plans, I mean they wouldn't be goofing off all this time when the stakes are so high. ...although I wouldn't mind goofing off with them.
>>
No. 844409 ID: 91ee5f

>>844380
>Friends are still in the kitchen.
Normally, I'd be worried about that, but this is our home base, so I doubt they've run into a trap of some kind.

.....don't tell me there's a puzzle that's locked the refrigerator and they can't get to the food!

Speaking of which, have you eaten anything yet? You should probably go eat before you go train. You can't train on an empty stomach!

Go to the kitchen!

>>844388
>Goofing off
.....why do I get the feeling that the only thing happening in there is Troy trying to get Issei to eat something that isn't strawberry flavored and they're arguing about it, while Uma is trying to get them to stop fighting?

Or maybe it's a food fight?
>>
No. 844429 ID: 008d05

>>844383
Let’s do this and maybe bring her to breakfast.
>>
No. 844430 ID: 008d05

To the court with us! Who knows where our beloved’s enemies lie, we must listen and prepare him, for when he comes to us we can relay to him what we know.

He says we must know our place, but let’s make sure that place is still useful and that it only ensures his loyalty to us.
>>
No. 844432 ID: 91ee5f

>>844430
What are you talking about? There isn't a court here.

And what do you mean by "beloved"?
>>
No. 844478 ID: 8a947d
File 151048910755.png - (265.78KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 1.png )
844478

You decide to check on Ada to see how she's settling into her room. You knock on her door and she calls you in.

She's only been in here for a few minutes but the room is already littered with bits of scrap and paper. her room is much bigger than yours to accommodate for mechanical apparatuses and other odd's and ends Ada's brought with her.

You try to speak with her but she stops you as she finishes looking over boxes and bags taking stock of what she could bring with her counting it all up in a language you don't understand. After she's done she turns to you to talk.

Ada: So...I have spoken with my father. He is very upset that I was almost captured by church men and is pressing for me to return home; but I did manage to tell him about everything that is happening and he wants to talk about it more.

Ada: After much more arguing and trying to tell him that our lives are at stake, I got him to allow you to come with me. You and a small group may come to discuss things.
>>
No. 844484 ID: 13fded

That is good.
I think we should take Uma in this trip. She is smart, maybe that will help finding common ground with grumpy eggheads.
How does Ada feel about Hakim? I think we should bring him, if for nothing else just to show we are trying to trust him, but if Ada got any reservations he can stay occupied making that cruel deal for Azerite and explaining how it works to Flint.
If we have time before talking with her father let's hang out with our friends at the kitchen. Ada should agree that lunch would be well deserved after all the bullshit we had to deal with.
>>
No. 844494 ID: 65dabf

Ok the succession of actions should be like this: Go kitchen with Ada, meet friends, eat something, make a group with Troy, Issei, Uma, Hakim and Flint, apologise again becouse is all actually your fault that Ada is in this mess and, finally, go meet your future father in law- i mean Ada's dad.
>>
No. 844496 ID: 65dabf

Aaaaand you should all have a shower.
>>
No. 844497 ID: 7152b7

Issei is a must.
Issei is always a must.
Love that guy.
>>
No. 844506 ID: 91ee5f

>>844478
Might as well tell Ada about what you told Killboss, the leader of all the Pagans. But make sure Ada understands that you kept your promise to her and didn't tell Killboss anything specific.

You just made it vague enough that Killboss only knows what you told her, which was, word for word, "We may have help from a large group that's hidden themselves away underground, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get their support fully. They're so secretive but they know powerful magical techniques that could be useful to us. I may have a way to find them and talk to them but it might not go well."

Ask her if she's eaten yet? Then invite her to the kitchen to meet your friends and she can decide which of them can come with you to this meeting with her father.

.....also hug her and tell her that you're glad that she's not hurt.
>>
No. 844512 ID: 3ce125

>>844478
Cool. Let's bring some high ranking Pagans but leave our less savory friends out of it. Who knows how they'd react to an abomination, a criminal, or a Voodoo man?
>>
No. 844522 ID: 65dabf

>>844512

How dare you to call Issei an abobination?!
>>
No. 844525 ID: 528a85

>>844494
This
>>
No. 844546 ID: 61f639

>>844512
I agree with not taking Issei, he has 1 charm. He's more likely to just bother people. Hakim would actually probably be a good idea, seeing as how he is very good at convincing others into accepting deals.
>>
No. 844551 ID: 91ee5f

>>844546
If we're going by stats, then Troy would be good to take with us, since he's got 9 Charm.
>>
No. 844570 ID: 7152b7

>>844512
They probably hate everyone, not from Unter Equally.
>>
No. 844619 ID: 8a947d
File 151053990344.png - (155.69KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 2.png )
844619

You think about who you should take with you. You have time to decide later if you need to but you should definitely bring another pagan with you, probably Flint.

You: So...I was wondering who your father was ? It sounds like he's someone important if he's able to talk to do something about all of this.

Ada: Right I never told you, my father is the mister of arcamagikal technology and research. He is the reason I know so much about arcamagic. As a Mister he has connections to the Konich of the Unter and he might be able to say something to him...

Ada: Wait I almost forgot something important! But first I need to know if I can trust you. It is important that I do this now.

You: Sure you can trust me Ada. What do you need me to do ?
>>
No. 844620 ID: 8a947d
File 151053995013.png - (243.49KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 3.png )
844620

Ada begins to unbutton and remove her pants.

Ada: I need you to close your eyes and turn around.
>>
No. 844624 ID: 008d05

>>844620
...

Alright then. No peeking.
>>
No. 844625 ID: 33cbe7

You're a half-step ahead of her.
>>
No. 844627 ID: 8a947d
File 151054098605.png - (250.12KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 4.png )
844627

After a small shock you listen to her and turn around shutting your eyes...well "eye". You can hear cloth hitting ground as Ada finishes after which she tells you to turn around.

Ada: Well ? I know it's weird but... You needed to see now so you would not be startled later...

Ada's lower half has taken on the appearance of a large spider's abdomen, her forearms are covered in chitin as well
>>
No. 844630 ID: 2c8807

>>844627
haha not gonna lie, that's pretty cool
>>
No. 844633 ID: d3602f

>>844627
... You're beautiful.

But really, we can summon demon dicks onto our arm and create mind controlling flies. We aren't exactly normal ourselves
>>
No. 844635 ID: 91ee5f

>>844627
"Hey, you're as tall as me now!"

".....I'm, uh, just going to lock the door so that no one comes in here."
>>
No. 844637 ID: 13fded

I'm impress and disappointed. Not gonna lie, I was hopping the pants would lead to something completely different.
Other than that I'm cool with it, even though my imagination is running wildly right now.
>>
No. 844639 ID: 008d05

Take her by the hands(?) look her in the eyes, “you are beautiful.”
>>
No. 844641 ID: 91ee5f

>>844639
>look her in the eyes
I wonder, if her hair wasn't covering them, how many eyes would she have?
>>
No. 844642 ID: 094652

"... We need to keep you away from Uma.

So... what? Your entire family is Driders?"
>>
No. 844645 ID: 830fb7

say "ok, that's cool. I cant believe you didn't show me this earlier, you look lovely like that. If only I had something I could show you that was that awesome."
>>
No. 844648 ID: 3ce125

>>844627
I'm ok with this.
>>
No. 844650 ID: a633c6

I, uh have some questions. I'm sure you can guess them.
>>
No. 844651 ID: 65dabf

Ok, we can work with this.
"Nice.... legs?"
Seriously, this is the coolest thing ever. Now it all makes sense actually, living underground and being so secretive. You gotta have to admit it has it's charm, besides, we are all a bunch of wierd people, let's not get started with Issei. This is no isue at all.
>>
No. 844654 ID: 008d05

>>844645
Yes we do have something we can show her. Our skin, we are a runechild after all.
>>
No. 844655 ID: 91ee5f

>>844654
That involves being completely naked and I don't think either Roland or Ada are ready for that yet!
>>
No. 844659 ID: efcc58

>>844627
Is this... Common where you're from?
>>
No. 844678 ID: 91ee5f

>>844627
"Huh.....good thing I don't have arachnophobia!"
>>
No. 844719 ID: 7152b7

"Neat"
>>
No. 844721 ID: 3740b1

... but... where will I put my flagellum, now?
>>
No. 844724 ID: 7152b7

>>844721
That is some comedy gold.
>>
No. 844725 ID: b71966

Look her in the eyes.

"Ada, darling." Start unwrapping your bandages.

"You aren't the only one who has secrets. I don't know if you've noticed, but normality is overrated."
>>
No. 844748 ID: 8a947d
File 151058011162.png - (156.25KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 5.png )
844748

You: Is this uhh... common where you're from ?

Ada: It is understandable that you are confused. Yes, this is how all of the inhabitants of the Unter look. It makes it harder for any of us to live on the surface without some sort of disguise.

Ada: I though it best that you know now anyway. I still have more stuff to sort out for now but when you are ready to leave tell me.

Ada returns to counting up her remaining tools and machine parts. It's weird watching her walk around as a giant spider woman but it's ... sorta cute ? You guess ? Spiders can be cute. Anyway do you want to talk to Ada more or leave to speak to somebody else in the Gilded Cage ?
>>
No. 844749 ID: 13fded

Invite her for a lunch break.
>>
No. 844751 ID: 3d2d5f

Return the gestures. Undo some bandages, and show her your runes.
>>
No. 844753 ID: 65dabf

Yeah, she should go and meet the gang, and have lunch, AND A SHOWER. Also, doesn't the rest need toknow about this as well? If they are going to go there anyway, they are going to get shoked as well... or not, i mean, they all have seen wierd shit all this time, so i gess it's not nesesary?
>>
No. 844757 ID: b9b4da

That is *not* a problem from where I'm standing.
>>
No. 844761 ID: ba506f

>You guess ? Spiders can be cute.
buddy, after the whole shark centipede thing and the giant bug whale... not to mention some of the shit you and your people can summon she's down right freaking adorable. Not saying it probably is a bit odd after seeing her with only 2 legs for so long but still compared to some of the strange things you've seen does this even make the top 10?

But yeah, take a shower, grab some food, and see if she want's to come with... can't remember if you've shown her your ruins before or not but since she showed hers maybe ask if she'd like to see yours.
>>
No. 844775 ID: 91ee5f

>>844748
.....ask her if this is the secret to her being able to drink so much alcohol without getting drunk?

Invite her to come get something to eat with you in the kitchen. And tell her that your friends are in the kitchen, so if she wants to meet them and decide who should come with us to the Unter, now would be a good time for that.

If she does want to come to the kitchen with you, ask her if she wants to put her disguise back on before she leaves this room.

>>844761
>can't remember if you've shown her your ruins before or not but since she showed hers maybe ask if she'd like to see yours.
She's seen the ones on his face and his arms.

But if showing her our runes involves becoming completely naked, then let's not do that. I don't think either of them are ready for that yet.

.....I mean, we can ask, but I doubt that it'll happen. But if she does want to see, then we'd better lock the door so that no one just randomly walks in here!
>>
No. 844776 ID: 91ee5f

>>844775
But if she doesn't want to come with you to the kitchen, then ask her if you can bring her something to eat?

And remind her to lock her door if she's going to stay undisguised.
>>
No. 844777 ID: 20b1af

Talk to Ada more. ALOT more. Turn that frown upside down!
>>
No. 844784 ID: d3602f

>>844748
Before we go and eat, tell her that you kind of like her this way. Don't leave her feeling worried that she scared you.
>>
No. 844787 ID: 91ee5f

>>844777
>Turn that frown upside down!
>>844784

Both of these!
>>
No. 844796 ID: 7152b7

Ada has had a long day.

That frown is.... It doesn't end.

HUG YE SPIDER GIRL!
>>
No. 844970 ID: 8a947d
File 151063997272.png - (183.82KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 6.png )
844970

You already showered after you woke up, you weren't going to go meet Ada without a good shower.

You: Y'know Ada I kinda like how you look.

Ada: Really now ? Compared to you I must look so drastically alien. From what I can tell spiders are not very popular to humans.

You: Well sure, but when you're someone that summons demons for a living you get used to making friends with less than human characters. Besides, I gotta say I've always appreciated nice legs.

Ada laughs at your comment and blushes slightly.

Ada: Oh stop it Roland! I am glad you do not think I look to odd like this...hopefully your friends will feel the same.

You: Hey they aren't exactly normal themselves, You're a spider woman but I'm not even sure what Issei is. Trust me they aren't going to mind too much when they find out. Do you want to go show them now ? We can get you something to eat too while we're there.

Ada: I still need to take stock of what I did and didn't bring with me. Besides I am not in the mood to eat anything right now, maybe later.
>>
No. 844972 ID: 3abd97

>>844970
Okay later then spiderbutt.
>>
No. 844976 ID: 91ee5f

>>844970
"Ok, if you say so. Depending on how long this'll take you, you can either find me in the kitchen with the others or I'll be with Flint doing some training. And if you're going to stay like that while you're walking around, if anyone gives you any trouble, tell them that you're a friend of Gallows and they should leave you alone. If I don't see you before then, I'll come get you so we can head to the Unter."

"Before I go, I've just gotta ask, how many people should I bring with me to the Unter? Do you want to meet them and choose who will come with us yourself? And, uh, do you want me to tell them about you and your people being spider people or do you want to tell them yourself?"

After she answers your questions, tell her, "Oh, and one last thing....." then give her a hug and say, "You're easier to hug when you're this tall!"
>>
No. 844992 ID: 91ee5f

>>844976
And I almost forgot to mention something.

>>844970
>you weren't going to go meet Ada without a good shower.
You trying to make a good impression on her? Do you have a crush on her? ~ <3
>>
No. 844994 ID: 3583d1

>>844976
this
>>
No. 844995 ID: 3ce125

Hmm I suppose the spider people thing won't be much of a secret after the game's over. In the new world they won't have to wear disguises! Well I guess they still would on occasion, to avoid inevitable persecution.

Ah, now that things are calmed down a bit why don't we help Fiddler Imp find out more about his old master?
>>
No. 844996 ID: 830fb7

>>844970
>>844976
You may want to reciprocate by showing her your special too.
>>
No. 844998 ID: d3602f

>>844996
She already knows we are covered in tattoos, she saw us without our wrap. If you are asking for us to take off everything and show her all the ruins, it might be a little early in our relationship for that.
>>
No. 845001 ID: 91ee5f

>>844995
>Ah, now that things are calmed down a bit why don't we help Fiddler Imp find out more about his old master?
We did give Hakim the sheet music to summon Fiddler Imp so that he could locate that guy's body, so maybe now he's got a location of a grave that Fiddler could visit to pay respects?

It's worth asking Hakim if he's got anything.

Speaking of finding people, I'm kinda worried about Troy's sister. She's still in New Olmec and I'm sure Troy's smoking at least 3 entire packs of cigarettes a day from how worried he is about her!

We should send him and someone else to go get her!
>>
No. 845052 ID: 7152b7

It's not to late to hug ye Spider girl.

We should go collect whatever is behind that second door tho.
It's unlocked, we don't have forever before someone stumbles upon it.
>>
No. 845055 ID: 91ee5f

>>845052
That's the door Hakim found in Itsdin, right? He was there when the Administrator unlocked it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's already gone over there to open the door to see what was behind it.
>>
No. 845105 ID: 9e4723

Just tell her that if she wants to get even with the "showing my true body" thing, you can show her your runes some other time. She DID said that she wanted to studied them after all ;)
>>
No. 845106 ID: 9e4723

Also, Roland, realise that she PROBABLY isn't using any underwear.
>>
No. 845209 ID: be43cd

>>845106
Well, no, assuming her reproductive and excretory systems are identical to a spiders her epigyne did not appear to be covered, and her "back door" most definitely wasn't.
The epigyne is a plate right on the front third of the underside of the abdomen designed to receive the nuptial web of the male spider when guided by the male's pedipalps, and is specifically shaped to prevent males of other species from doing so.
>>
No. 845211 ID: d3602f

>>845209
I won't let this deter us from one day having 1/3 spider human babies!
>>
No. 845215 ID: 1e7aa8

Seriously. Hug her if she'll let you OR unwrap the bandages on your head to show that she isn't the only one who is weird.
>>
No. 845219 ID: 91ee5f

>>845215
>unwrap bandages on your head.
She's already seen Roland's unwrapped face.
>>
No. 845220 ID: 9e4723

>>845209
I was waiting for someone to correct me or something, but not in such an enlightened way.
Did you actually knew that or you look it up?
>>
No. 845237 ID: 8a947d
File 151075729624.png - (267.43KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Room 7.png )
845237

You give Ada a hug before you leave her room. It worries you how much you're thinking about spider sex, you doubt Ada has the exact same biology as a normal spider but you have better things to think about than spider vagina.
>>
No. 845238 ID: 8a947d
File 151075731577.png - (248.96KB , 1212x826 , A New Place 1.png )
845238

You return to the Gilded Cage's lobby.

Hakim and a ton of Shadowmen are warping in.

Hakim: Go find a room and unpack your things immediately, Don't start shit or I WILL find out.

Troy and Uma are sitting on one of the lobby tables
>>
No. 845239 ID: 9e4723

>>845237
Sorry-not-sorry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>>
No. 845240 ID: 13fded

Hey Hakim, I'm going into a diplomatic mission soon. Do you want to come?
>>
No. 845241 ID: 91ee5f

>>845238
>Troy, Uma, Hakim
Once again, Issei has pulled his disappearing act. I wonder where he went this time?

Ask Hakim if he ever got a chance to go look and see what's behind the door he found in Itsdin, since the Administrator unlocked it. If he did, ask if he found anything.

Ask Troy if he's worried about his sister and he plans on going to New Olmec to find her.

Roland, I think you should only bring 2 others with you to the Unter. And since 1 of them is going to be Flint, that means you've only got room for 1 other person.

So just ask Uma, Troy, and Hakim if any of them want to come with you on a diplomatic mission to try and get help from a city that doesn't exactly like outsiders? Whoever says they don't want to come or they wouldn't be helpful or they have something else to do, is someone that you won't choose. If all of them can't come, then it'll just have to be you and Flint or you'll have to think of someone else.

And if you do get a volunteer, then tell them that you're not leaving just yet, but let them know that they should go get ready for when you come and get them.
>>
No. 845244 ID: 19dd52

Y'know, having Issei sniff out the rotten among us could be incredibly useful.

Traitors or cruel people get eaten, Issei gets food and we get only decent people for our new world. Plus, with any luck traitors and spies would be rotten. Maybe that's where he got off to?
>>
No. 845248 ID: 1e7aa8

>>845244
Are you nuts? That would DESTROY morale across the entire board and likely get us killed one way or the other.
>>
No. 845250 ID: 9e4723

>>845244
I doubt that Issei would do somthing stupid like eating people that you are trying to make an aliance with, even if they are the most putrid person in the world. He cuoldn't have survived this long without being careful about it. I see no reason for him not coming along with us in this. I insist in taking the whole team plus Flint, the group is not that big.
>>
No. 845252 ID: d3602f

>>845250
As much as I love Issei, most people find his false human appearance off-putting, giving him a charm of 1. He doesn't need to speak for people to be bothered by him. This is a diplomatic mission with a group of people who are extremely isolationist, to the point that a lot of them may have never left the Unter. We need to convince them to break a long held tradition, and bringing along the creepy mimic will just make them distrust us.
>>
No. 845254 ID: 91ee5f

>>845250
>I insist in taking the whole team plus Flint, the group is not that big.
That's 6 people, counting Hakim and Flint, not counting Ada! That's way too many people to bring!

Besides, Ada already told us to bring a small group, which is why I think we should only bring 2 people, not counting Roland. And since Roland already decided he wants to bring Flint, that leaves only room for 1 more person.
>>
No. 845255 ID: 13fded

>>845254
I think two is too little, but if we go with that Uma should be the one. (Do you get the pun?) Smart girl who like bugs.
>>
No. 845256 ID: 3ce125

>>845238
Psst Uma. Do you like spiders? Just asking, for reasons.
>>
No. 845258 ID: 8393b7

>>845238
Oh crap, shadowmen! Quickly disguise yourself so they don't notice you!
>>
No. 845278 ID: 9e4723

>>845258
Roland shouldn't need to, they made a truce, and Hakim just told them to not make trouble. Have some faith in them, with moderation.
>>
No. 845285 ID: 91ee5f

>>845256
That's actually a good idea!

We should ask everyone how they feel about spiders.
>>
No. 845289 ID: c81293

>>845285
We're gonna have to do that anyway if we get people in the Unter on our side. So we've got Summoners, Shadowmen, and Spider on our side. Awesome!
>>
No. 845326 ID: 3ce125

>>845289
Summoners, Smugglers, Shadowmen, Spiders.

It's the 4S Alliance!
>>
No. 845327 ID: 9ac535

Oh no. Make sure Issei isn't eating our allies.
>>
No. 845373 ID: 270080

>>845220
I knew everything except that it was called an epigyne and that it was actually specifically designed to prevent inter-species mating, which I learned when double-checking.
>>
No. 845391 ID: 9e4723

>>845373
Internet is a cool place to learn about stuff.
>>
No. 845421 ID: 8a947d
File 151080904901.png - (221.33KB , 1212x826 , Lobby 1.png )
845421

You decide to talk to your group in the lobby. You walk over to the table Uma and Troy are sitting at and Hakim comes over as well.

Troy: Hey Gal, you missed breakfast. I made a hell of a sandwich.

Uma: It was like a foot tall! it's ridiculous that you ate any of it!

You: I'll eat later, anyway me and the other pagans talked about some plans. First Troy you have connections right ?

Troy: Damn right I do.

You: Good, see if you can get them together and bring them here. It shouldn't be hard if they know that the end of the world is coming.

You: Also, I need to make a small group to come with me to Ada's home city. We have a chance to make an alliance with powerful group and I need to know who I should bring with me.

Uma: I'd like to come. I don't want to be stuck in here forever, besides...I-I kind of haven't done anything useful since I joined you guys.

Hakim: I haven't checked out the door near Itsdin yet, I thought you'd want to see it too. I'd suggest going down there sooner rather than later. Your friend gave me that priest too but I haven't had time to do anything with him yet.

Troy: Also Issei's eating. Y'know how he goes off to eat people, he warped out a while ago. He may not be the most charming guy but he's definitely good take with you for muscle.

Uma: I didn't want to say anything but does anyone else notice how he doesn't blink ? Like ever ? or how his words don't sync up with his mouth ?
>>
No. 845424 ID: d3602f

>>845421
>does anyone else notice how he doesn't blink ? Like ever ? or how his words don't sync up with his mouth ?

Not exactly someone who should go to a negotiation with paranoid isolationists.

I suppose it might be a good idea to check on that door first though. It's open, and if we wait too long our enemy, or even just some passerby might decide to take what's inside. The Unter could probably wait a little longer, they aren't going anywhere.
>>
No. 845429 ID: 3ce125

>>845421
Uma I thought you saw how Issei has tentacles and stuff? And he has a huge maw full of teeth? His "face" isn't real. Or I guess you're saying that his disguise isn't perfect.
...we probably shouldn't bring him to the Unter. We won't need the extra muscle anyway. If there's a fight down there then we'll have a bunch of Unter guards helping out. Let's just bring Uma and maybe Troy if they don't mind him coming. Troy should be able to offer his smuggling services on the surface when we're negotiating an alliance. Troy, Prophets' gods can't talk to other gods, right? I'm slightly worried about Gya spilling the beans.

Hmm. Let's set some priorities though. Ada isn't going to want to leave today since she needs to get her things in order. We should check out the door near Itsdin before the priests find it, so let's do that before the Unter... but the knowledge from the priest card will enable the Pagan-allied forces to act without Gallows to gather Azerite. I think that's the top priority.
>>
No. 845437 ID: 91ee5f

>>845421
"If any of you want to come to Ada's home town with me, then I have to ask: How do you feel about spiders? Don't laugh, I'm serious. And not normal spiders, I'm talking person sized spiders. How do you guys feel about that?"

>I haven't checked out the door near Itsdin yet, I thought you'd want to see it too. I'd suggest going down there sooner rather than later.
"Sure, let's do that."

>Your friend gave me that priest too but I haven't had time to do anything with him yet.
"I'm sure you'll think of something you can do with him. Speaking of which, what about that music sheet I gave you? Did you get a chance to do anything with that yet or should I wait a little longer?"

>I didn't want to say anything but does anyone else notice how he doesn't blink? Like ever? Or how his words don't sync up with his mouth?
"Really? I was more focused on the tiny hat he has on his head. Have you ever seen him take it off? In fact, after all the times I've seen him get hit, I don't think his hat ever fell off his head! I'm starting to think he glued it to his head!"

>>845429
>If there's a fight down there then we'll have a bunch of Unter guards helping out.
Unless we get in a fight with the Unter guards. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
>>
No. 845439 ID: 91ee5f

>>845437
When asking about the person sized spiders, don't mention that they're spider people. Just mention that it is a deciding factor on who to take to Ada's hometown.
>>
No. 845446 ID: d3602f

>>845439
If anyone gets the idea to ride one, don't. Only we will get an awesome spider mount.
>>
No. 845475 ID: 8a947d
File 151083354893.png - (237.66KB , 1212x826 , Lobby 2.png )
845475

You decide to ask an important question.

You: How do you guys feel about spiders ?

Troy: I mean...as long as they ain't too big I don't have a problem.

Uma: Spiders are so cute! Even the bigger ones are pretty neat. I've seen one's as big as my head before! I have pictures too!

Hakim: Eh. Spiders are spiders, nothing too special bout em.

You've decided that you should check out the door near Itsdin with Hakim before you do anything else. Do you want to head out now or do something before you leave ?
>>
No. 845477 ID: 13fded

Uma definitely coming for the Uter. Until then she should talk to Ada, maybe help her plan what we will be doing.
Gallows, Troy Issei and Hakim go look at the door. Hopefully this won't take more than a day.
After that Troy and maybe Issei will contact Troy's old business partners and go after his sister. The first thing we need from those guys is information on church activity.
After returning Gallows, Uma, Ada and Flint are going to the Uter. Hakim will either go with us or do his voodoo thing. Issei if he doesn't accompany Troy.
>>
No. 845488 ID: 91ee5f

>>845475
>Troy doesn't like really big spiders.
>Uma thinks spiders are cute, especially the big ones.
>Hakim doesn't really care about spiders.
"Ada warned me that there are some.....person sized spiders in her hometown. Troy, you might not want to come along for that."

>You've decided that you should check out the door near Itsdin with Hakim before you do anything else. Do you want to head out now or do something before you leave?
That depends on how long learning new things from Flint will take. If it's going to take all day, then learn a few things from him. If it's not going to take that long, then learn everything he can teach you.

That way if there's some kinda trap behind the Itsdin door, you'll be ready for it.

Make sure you tell Hakim that you're going to learn some things from Flint first. When you're done, you'll come and get him to go look at what's behind the door.
>>
No. 845489 ID: 91ee5f

>>845488
Also, tell Troy that when Issei gets back, both of them should go to New Olmec and find his sister before the Church tries to indoctrinate her or something.
>>
No. 845634 ID: d3602f

>>845475
We should go before anyone can reach the door before us.
>>
No. 845671 ID: 348b52

>>845475
With whats going on in Itsdin we need to go in disguise!
>>
No. 845673 ID: 91ee5f

>>845671
Only if the guys in Ada's shop somehow managed to survive Ada blowing up her shop. Otherwise there's no one left alive that can recognize Roland.
>>
No. 845680 ID: 8a947d
File 151093289639.png - (136.51KB , 1212x826 , Flint 1.png )
845680

>Learning from Flint
You go to check on Flint and find him wandering the halls of the Gilded Cage.

Flint: Oh hey Gallows, good job at that meeting. Most people start to choke when they meet Killboss.

You: Thanks, I wanted to see what else you could teach me but only if it doesn't take to long, I'm going somewhere important soon.

Flint: Don't worry I really only have one thing to tell you about, and that's how to make an Eidolon. First off I got one of these to make it easier.

Flint tosses you a small necklace, it's a priest charm.

Flint: There aren't a lot of those but I feel like you've earned one after doing all of this. Now then, do you want to learn now or do you want to wait 'til after you do whatever business you've got ?
>>
No. 845682 ID: 5f7d8a

>>845680
COOL! New summons! Teach us Flint!
>>
No. 845684 ID: 7152b7

I'm Ready
>>
No. 845685 ID: 13fded

An Eidolon sound awesome. I would love to learn now, but if take the entire day to learn we can do it latter. I'm kind of fearful the church will get to that door before us.

Also I want you to come with us in the diplomatic mission after the door thing. If you agree take with Ada and Uma about the details.
>>
No. 845691 ID: 91ee5f

>>845680
>Learning how to make an Eidolon.
"That sounds awesome! Yeah, lay it on me! How do I do this?!"

And then we see Roland completely failing at not bouncing up and down like a child that's eaten too much candy! XD

>>845685
>if take the entire day to learn we can do it latter.
That shouldn't be an issue. Whenever we learned anything from Flint, it's usually instant and only takes a few minutes.
>>
No. 845697 ID: 9e4723
845697

Well, if it doesn't take to long, it should be fine. Besides, wasn't Roland supposed to ask him to came with him?
>>
No. 845701 ID: 91ee5f

>>845697
To the Unter, not the door with Hakim.

I guess we can tell him that we were planning on asking him to come with us to the secretive group we mentioned in the meeting for negotiations, after we're finished with the important business we're about to go do.

But whether or not he gets to come with us all depends on his answer to this important question: How do you feel about spiders?
>>
No. 845706 ID: 3ce125

>>845680
Alright let's do this.
>>
No. 845823 ID: 8a947d
File 151101446654.png - (117.25KB , 1212x826 , Flint 2.png )
845823

You: Yes! Teach me how to make an Eidolon!

Flint: Okay okay, first things first an Eidolon is a demon that's created a bond with a human that allows them to be summoned at will without any ritual. They are much stronger than any normal demon.

Flint: Technically when you make an Eidolon you give the demon a new summon recipe which basically just requires that you exist.

Flint: There are some steps to making an Eidolon: First you can only create Eidolons out of aberrant summons, second it requires you to sever connection with 5 other demons, and finally you need to have the complete trust and respect of the demon you want to make into an Eidolon.

Flint: Having an Eidolon is much different than normal summoning, it's less of a summoner and demon relationship and more of a real partnership. Your Eidolon is meant to be a companion that you can rely on and vice versa.

Flint: It'll take work if you want one, but it pays off in the end. Now that you have that second priest charm what do you want to do with it ?
>>
No. 845825 ID: 0d45a9

We should probably ask Fiddler what they think of the idea.
>>
No. 845830 ID: 094652

>Fiddler Eidolon
Actually, I have my doubts about this. You've used Fiddler like a tool to his chagrin on occasion, and his loyalties are to his dead partner.

I think making a demon you would summon constantly, like Demon Flagellum or Harvester, would be a better choice. Too bad they're both normal summons. Maybe you can buy an aberrant summon recipe from the other pagans here and go on a few missions together.

>Which summons to sacrifice
Cerebral Gnat, Aquatic Stalker, Hunter Killer Hawk, Serpentine Vanguard, and some level 1 summon you learn later on. Honestly, just buy some level 1 summons with extremely low summon costs and make a few quickie bonds. Or does that weaken the Eidolon bond?
>>
No. 845831 ID: 91ee5f

>>845823
Tell Flint that music sheet you showed him a while ago is what let you summon Fiddler Imp, which is your only Aberrant Summon. And then tell him that you think you can get Fiddler to trust if you help him find out what happened to his previous summoner, Mason Anthem, AKA "Mojo".

And then ask Flint if he's heard anything about that guy or if he knows where his grave is so that Fiddler can pay his respects or something?
>>
No. 845871 ID: d3602f

>>845830
Well, most of the suggestions technically came from Troy. He was the one who asked him to hold that door open, and to be fair, that got him out of getting swarmed by fish.

Also, Hunter killer hawk has been useful to us in the past, and it's always good to have something that could fly us away. Serpentine Vanguard is good for fusing with other demons, especially our flagellum. Maybe get rid of the Harvester? It may be level 3, but it's expensive to make and I'm not sure just how useful its stealing ability is. Not too big on the Gelatinous Cube either. I want to try our Volatile Deviants soon too, so we can see if it is worth keeping them.

On what to do now, well, we need to save our "worthless" summons for the Eidolon, spells are the only real choice here.

Actually, I have a question. We have already ascended Fiddler Imp once. Would this make him a stronger Eidolon than if we did it unascended, or would it perhaps decrease the amount of demons we need to sacrifice?
>>
No. 845876 ID: 3ce125

My picks for banned summons are (we need 4 more):
Cerebral Gnat, Aquatic Stalker, Serpentine Vanguard, Harvester.

Let's start off by banning Aquatic Stalker to boost Fiddler. We have the two charms needed, now.
>>
No. 845883 ID: 9e4723

>>845831
I agree with this. Plus, if Roland keeps upgreading him, it could be as good as the one Flint has. Fiddler is kind of a support summon, but it has really useful abilitys now, maybe later could have really powerful tunes. Music can move people to it's ritm, and that's prety useful.
>>
No. 845892 ID: 205799

I'm all for turning Fiddler Imp into our Ally Spirit/Familiar/Stand.
>>
No. 845898 ID: 91ee5f

I see most of these suggestions are saying that we should make Fiddler our Eidolon right now. I don't think it'll be possible for us to do it now because even if Roland trusts Fiddler, I don't think Fiddler fully trusts Roland yet.

I think we should first complete his "companion quest" before we try to make Fiddler our Eidolon.
>>
No. 845900 ID: d3602f

>>845898
I think a few people are connecting ascension with creating an Eidolon. If this is true, we could do this in parts. Admittedly, the "sever connection with 5 summons" bit is kind of confusing. Do we need to sever 5 MORE to create one? Is he saying anyone who wants one needs to sever exactly 5? Do we need to ascend Fiddler Imp three times to make him one?

The rest of the conversation seems to be focused on what summons we consider the most expendable.

If we need to ascend three times for the Eidolon, I guess I would agree to another ascension for Fiddler rather than a spell. Get rid of the Gnat and Harvester. Whether we can turn him into an Eidolon now or not (we can't) it would still be useful to have him stronger.
>>
No. 845915 ID: b66d4e

>>845823
even if we wanted to make Fiddler stronger, we gotta gain the imps trust. We did say we'd help locate Moji, and we already have that pending with Hakim. Since Fiddler is our only Real summon and we've already been through so much with him, I say he's our ONLY choice. The Cerebral Gnat, Aquatic Stalker, Serpentine Vanguard, Bulwark Brute, and Choirkin are the ones we have never used and may never use, so lets lose them and give Fiddler a leg up.
>>
No. 845959 ID: 13fded

Wait, what would be the advantage of turning Fiddler into an Eidolon? He is already easy to summon. Would he become stronger?

Please don't sacrifice the Serpentine Vanguard. This sound super useful and I want to see one without fusions at some point.
I guess I would accept the sacrifices of the Gelatinous Cube, the Gluttonous Arachnid (we don't need two gluttons) and the Aquatic Stalker (assuming we will bring Uma to where there is water).

The wiki is lacking recipes for the fusions we tried. A lot of those demons are redundant or use rarer reagents.
What is the recipe for the Vanguard Whip? It's basic a superior version of the Demon Flagellum. Since we have a blood powered flagellum we can sacrifice the vanilla one or the reptilian version if the recipe is too expensive.
>>
No. 845964 ID: 3ce125

I assumed Eidolons are more powerful than if you just funneled the same number of summons into that aberrant. If there's no inherent power boost then the main advantage would be instantly summoning Fiddler instead of requiring the song.
>>
No. 845983 ID: 7152b7

Fiddler's very much not ready to be an Eidolon. He's More of an acquaintance still rather than a true friend. We should probably go visit the Aether some time and meet some potential partners and aberrant summons before considering an Eidolon.

Also, It's pretty clear flint burned ELEVEN summons on Pensword. Six to fully Ascend, and Five to Eidolonize. Five summons wouldn't be worth for a stock demon, even an aberrant one, especially for a summoner who can fusion summon. Flexibility and utility are Gallow's strengths, and making an Eidolon now would just rob him of too many options.


Question though. Can charms be used to restore lost Summons?
Could we use a charm to restore the Voyeuristic Globule? Could we use twice as many charms as necessary to Ascend a Summon without sacrifice?
Because if so, I'd say we burn both Charms to improve our Flagellum.
>>
No. 846044 ID: 8a947d
File 151107002766.png - (101.20KB , 1212x826 , Flint 3.png )
846044

>Advantages of an Eidolon

Flint: There's the obvious increase in strength first of all, the ability to instantly summon and the versatility of one too. A Roaming Gluttony eats stuff, a Fulgurbeast shocks things, but Eidolons know how to do more than one thing and have a variety of abilities.

Flint: Ascension is sepreate from Eidolon creation. Severing those 5 other demon connections won't require charms to preform, and an Ascended demon becoming an Eidolon will be more powerful than a regular one. Summons used to ascend others can be restored but that's not easy to do and takes time to teach, and you did say you were in a hurry.

Flint: First though you should talk with Fiddler Imp. How he feels about you is also important. Do you still want to ascend him again ? It will require 2 Charms and 2 Demon link severances. I suggest worrying about the Eidolon bit later when you know you can do it.

You're pretty sure you and Fiddler are on good terms, you aren't sure if he 100 percent trusts you, though that reminds you to ask about Mojo.

Flint: Mojo...Mason Anthem ? yeah I remember that guy sorta. he was kind of a wanderer, never stayed in the same place too long and always roamed the wastes. I never had full knowledge of his whereabouts at all times though, sorry.

You should probably ask Hakim if he figured anything out when he takes you to the door.
>>
No. 846047 ID: 91ee5f

>>846044
Yeah, we're in a hurry, so let's tell Flint that we'll think about it.

Let's go meet up with Hakim and head for the Itsdin door!
>>
No. 846049 ID: 0764a8

>>846044
Ascend him now. Sever Cerebral Gnat and Aquatic Stalker. We can worry about Eidolon stuff later. We do need to go with Hakim immediately afterwards, though.
>>
No. 846055 ID: 3ce125

Ah, so it's 5 summons in addition to the ascension price? Ascension powers up the summon alongside the Eidolon bonus though, right?
That means we'd need to choose 7 summons to disable to boost Fiddler to the max we can manage right now. I don't think that's a good idea with our current selection so let's wait on it.

Boosting the Flagellum once is a good idea though, since we can spend blood to instantly summon it. Blow one charm on that and save the other one for later. Block off the Gluttonous Arachnid if we can, otherwise... Aquatic Stalker.
>>
No. 846056 ID: 13fded

>>846049
Agree.
>>
No. 846079 ID: 5d13f5

>>846049
I agree we should probably get his opinion first, however I do agree with severing these ties.
>>
No. 846097 ID: 7152b7

>>846049
I'll Agree to Ascending him but Don't get rid of the Cerebral gnat. Just because we have'nt used it much doesn't mean we couldn't have.

I'd say Aquatic Stalker and Roaming Gluttony (Or Gluttonus arachnid).
As much as we have used the Gluttonies in the past, we've very much outgrown them with the number of damage summons we have.
>>
No. 846105 ID: 8a947d
File 151110338678.png - (134.91KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Ascension !.png )
846105

You decide to sever bonds with Aquatic Stalker and Cerebral Gnat to ascend Fiddler Imp a second time. Fiddler Imp's ascension causes its arsenal of abilities to grow stronger.

Mending Melody becomes Mending Melody Major. Mending Melody Major can heal more extreme wounds such as missing limbs and major hemorrhaging though it takes time to heal bigger damage.

Blinding Bariolage becomes Blinding Bariolage Major. Instead of having a singular target, Blinding Bariolage Major fires a "flashbang" that disorients everyone in its range for a short time.
>>
No. 846106 ID: b66d4e

>>846105
Fiddler is becoming more badass!
Now lets head for Hakim's door!
You should grab Troy and Issei to go with you.
>>
No. 846108 ID: 9e4723

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE WITH THE POWER OF MUSIC!
>>
No. 846109 ID: 91ee5f

>>846105
Ok, time to head out for the Itsdin door with Hakim!

I don't think we'd need to bring anyone else with us, unless we think there's some kind of "defense system" behind the door and/or we run into some Church goons that have found the door.

I guess we could ask Hakim if there's anyone he'd want to bring along.
>>
No. 846122 ID: 9e4723

Say, i have a question. Could we make Fiddler learn others spells by practicing with him? Maybe if Roland practice with him, they can somehow learn or create new tunes with diferent efects. Maybe a tune that can buff allies or de-buff enemies.
>>
No. 846148 ID: 3ce125

Cerebral Gnat would be very useful for forcing information out of someone... oh well. Hopefully some other Pagan can summon one if we take a captive. Speaking of captives, what about the billiards priest? He dead yet?
>>
No. 846153 ID: b66d4e

>>846148
He was turned in alive to the Pangans hideout that Flint was in, and might be dead due to the hideout having been destroyed in order to escape a raid from the Church.
>>
No. 846156 ID: 91ee5f

>>846153
No, he was brought in to Castle's hideout and we were told that he was going to be used for a prisoner exchange for any Pagan prisoners that the Church might have.

Beyond what we were told, we don't know what happened to him.
>>
No. 846167 ID: 7152b7

>>846105
What does Ballad of Blood do?
>>
No. 846171 ID: 91ee5f

>>846167
It causes an enemy to start bleeding.
>>
No. 846191 ID: 7152b7

>>846171
no no the enhanced version.
>>
No. 846192 ID: 91ee5f

>>846191
Balad of Blood probably doesn't get an upgrade and that's the for the next time we Ascend Fiddler Imp.

Although, I don't think that's going to happen, since we plan on Fiddler becoming an Eidolon.
>>
No. 846195 ID: d3602f

>>846105
Might as well as one more question. Can we ascend them after they are an Eidelon?
>>
No. 846361 ID: 8a947d
File 151120135171.png - (170.02KB , 1212x826 , Hakim 1.png )
846361

Flint: You can keep ascending your Eidolon as well, of course it'll gain more power but after a while it's power will hit a sort of "soft cap". It'll keep growing with each ascension but in smaller increments which makes it almost not worth it.

After you finish you go to talk to Hakim about the door he found.

>>846122
Possibly, it's something you'd have to talk to Fiddler about.

>>846106
You can't grab Issei or Troy. Troy left to get in contact with his allies and Issei's off doing something else.

You meet up with Hakim shuffling his tarot deck in the lobby of the Gilded Cage.

Hakim: Hey, so we going now or what ?
>>
No. 846362 ID: efcc58

>>846361
Sure thing, famalam.
>>
No. 846366 ID: 3583d1

Let's boogie. Hey so Hakim? Kinda funny isn't it? I saw you draw the justice Tarot card, and in the end both of us were the in the right. Glad to have you with us.

On the way there we should summon up fiddler if we have time to get his opinion about becoming and Eidolon
>>
No. 846372 ID: 91ee5f

>>846361
>Ready to go?
"Yeah, let's go."

>>846366
>Summon Fiddler Imp on the way there.
We're gonna be warping into Itsdin, we can't summon Fiddler in the middle of the city.
>>
No. 846374 ID: c31aac

>>846361
Haha holy shit dog I just realized you got no neck

Your head is just floating there

Wow man
>>
No. 846381 ID: 91ee5f

>>846374
Everyone has been drawn like that. Don't make fun of Heretic's art style.
>>
No. 846631 ID: 8a947d
File 151124873701.png - (141.83KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp.png )
846631

You as you begin to leave with Hakim you summon Fiddler Imp to get his thoughts on becoming an Eidolon.

Fiddler: Becomin' a wat ? An Ay-dee-o-lon ?... I mean gettin' tougher sure sounds like it could be nice. I got no real objections, but I still wanna know if ya found anythin' about Moji. We're still lookin' for wat happened to 'im right ?
>>
No. 846632 ID: 094652

Loyalty Mission - Find out what happened to Moji
>>
No. 846633 ID: d3602f

>>846631
We have Hakim working on tracking him down. Not sure if he's made any progress yet. Wouldn't hurt to ask, I suppose.
>>
No. 846645 ID: 830fb7

>>846633
Say this.
>>
No. 846646 ID: 3583d1

>>846633
yep, lets go with this
>>
No. 846662 ID: ba506f

Sooooo... since you got fiddler here would this be a bad time to ask him if he'd know anyone back home that he thinks would be willing to help you out? I mean we're kinda in that "gather allies" stage right now so if he'd know about anybody that wouldn't mind being summoned by you to help out it would go a long way. Could also use them to help us gather info on his friend but I feel mentioning that to him would be a bit of a low blow.
>>
No. 846664 ID: 8a947d
File 151126897745.png - (301.64KB , 1212x826 , Cave 1.png )
846664

You: Hakim is supposed to be working on it, he'll find something for us.

Fiddler:...Ain't dat one 'a dem guys dat tried to kill ya ?

You: Yeah but we're on better terms now, plus he knows a way to find where Mojo last was.

Fiddler: Well fine, but I'm keepin' my eye on 'im. You humans are way to trustin' no wonder ya die so fast.

You, Hakim and Fiddler ride the Phantom Express over to the Itsdin door to get around any church security in or around the city. You stop outside of a cave much like the one above the Gilded Cage. Inside you find the door; same design as the Gilded Cage's but much smaller and inside there is another elevator. You descend into cave.
>>
No. 846665 ID: 8a947d
File 151126947598.png - (161.82KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door 1.png )
846665

The elevator comes to a stop and opens into a small room much different than what you were expecting. Instead of the glitzy golden walls like the Cage this rooms walls are old and peeling with mold growing in a few areas. There's a door to the left with odd panels and a weird lock on it, one of the panels looks like a camera feed that's been cut. There's a dark pane of glass like a window at the back of the room. To the right there's a door but it's totally locked down, reinforced steel and strong locks stop you from opening it.

Fiddler:...Ey Gal. I don't like dis place...

You realize that you can feel a strong demonic presence behind the locked door to the left with the odd locks.
>>
No. 846670 ID: 13fded

here is a demon permanently in this place? That could be interesting.

The first thing we need is information. It's possible that all questions we may have are written down on a piece of paper on top of the panel or in a file.
Pocket any document that may be useful, like that keycard in front of you.

I bet that, much like the camera feed, the glass panel wasn't always black. If it doesn't look like a big ass screen, tap the glass to see if something tap back.
>>
No. 846674 ID: 91ee5f

>>846665
Obviously, before you try to open that door, let's see if we can take a quick peek behind it with Aether Scan.

Then we go over to that stuff in the back of the room by the window looking thing and take a look at all of it.
>>
No. 846683 ID: 9e4723

This has the name "Mini-Boss" written all over the place. Ask Fiddler what can he sense.
>>
No. 846693 ID: 8a947d
File 151127516173.png - (244.22KB , 1212x826 , Aether Sight.png )
846693

>>846674
You decide to use Aether Scan to try and see through the door[68oz ==> 58oz] . There is something on the otherside though you can't make out the shape through the large amount of demonic energy it's emitting. Whatever it is doesn't move, it looks like it's contained by something.

In the back there's a key-card and a clipboard. The Key-card belongs to a Jeremiah Thompson who from the look of it was a class-3 on staff scientist ? The clipboard's pages are torn in many places and weathered with age but you can make out a few sentences.

-It keeps doing something to the lock! I don't know how but the specimen changed the way the door lock to it's containment chamber functions and we keep having to either solve each new change or disassemble the door every time we want to continue testing it. there was a note posted to the door which I can only assume has to do with the lock.

THE TUNE THEY'VE SEEN BUT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD.

We haven't been able to enter the containment chamber in a week, nobody's willing to dismantle the door for fear of a containment breach but it looks like we might have to soon.


You tap on the black screen out of curiosity, but it doesn't do anything.
>>
No. 846716 ID: 91ee5f

>>846693
Ask Hakim if he's sure he wants to open this? Whatever's behind the door is demonic and there's no guarantee that it'll be friendly.

Were there buttons where you found the clipboard and keycard? If not, then I guess look at the controls on both sides of the door to see if you can figure out how to open it.
>>
No. 846719 ID: b66d4e

>>846716
second this notion
>>
No. 846740 ID: 094652

Tune they've SEEN but never HEARD... dictionary says...

Got it: Check around for a radio frequency. 'They' refers to transceivers and their physical outputs, and 'you' refers to a human with no ultrasound hearing. Then use the frequency on a video output to get the drawing passcode from the local radio broadcast.
>>
No. 846744 ID: 7152b7

Ask Fiddler what kind of demon's are powerful enough to feel... like this...

look around the room for sort of marking or symbol that could be transliterated into sheet music.
>>
No. 846773 ID: 3ce125

>>846693
Ask Fiddler to play you something new. Something you've never heard before.

That's "something they've seen but you've never heard"
>>
No. 846782 ID: d3602f

>>846740
Yeah, kind of sounds like radio waves. But are there any transceivers nearby?
>>
No. 846903 ID: 8a947d
File 151131926261.png - (97.72KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door Panel.png )
846903

>>846716
Hakim: You talk to demons don't you ? Why would you be scared of one ? Let's open this damn thing.

You haven't felt a demonic energy like this one before, you can tell it's a demon but there's something different about it.

You look at the lock on the side of the door, it's a different make from the rest of it. There are three panels on it each showing a symbol. After scrolling through them for a little you see there's a few symbols you can put in.

Hand, Foot, Ear, One Eye, Two Eyes, Lungs, Heart, Mouth, Brain, and Skull.
>>
No. 846906 ID: 3ce125

>>846903
TUNE -- THEY'VE SEEN -- HEARD
ear, two eyes, ear?
>>
No. 846912 ID: 91ee5f

>>846903
>You talk to demons don't you? Why would you be scared of one? Let's open this damn thing.
"I'm nervous because I didn't summon whatever's behind that door. There's no telling what'll happen when we open it!"

>>846906
That makes sense.
>>
No. 846920 ID: 991a02

>>846903
If it were as simple as putting in the symbols that correspond to the phrase, then these researchers wouldn't have had any issues unlocking the door. There must be some sort of deeper meaning.

Perhaps the tune mentioned is symbolic for evil? Set it to [Eye - Ear - Mouth] and cover each symbol in blood.
>>
No. 846933 ID: d3602f

>>846903
Summoning demons didn't help us when that demonic phone tried to kill us. I agree with trying lips (tune) two eyes (They've seen) and ear (heard). If that doesn't work, replace lips with lungs, perhaps the tune never came out.

And if those don't work, we might seriously need something that can pick up radio signals.
>>
No. 846936 ID: 094652

>>846906
Too easy, there has to be a trick...

>>846920
>cover it in blood
So you're saying the code itself is a summoning spell for a demon that has the security key or opens the door? BRILLIANT!!! Do this!
>>
No. 846993 ID: 8a947d
File 151134967218.png - (88.49KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door Panel 2.png )
846993

>>846906
>>846920
>>846933

None of the combinations you put in work. There don't seem to be anything in the room useful for picking up radio waves.
>>
No. 847005 ID: 91ee5f

>>846993
"THE TUNE THEY'VE SEEN BUT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD."

Try EAR (the tune), TWO EYES (they've seen), and SKULL (never heard).

Ask Hakim and Fiddler Imp if either of them have any suggestions on what the answer is?
>>
No. 847017 ID: 8a947d
File 151136357296.png - (130.22KB , 1212x826 , Talk with Hakim and Fiddle.png )
847017

>>847005
The combination doesn't work. You decide to ask Hakim and Fiddle what they think.

You: Any ideas Hakim ?

Hakim: ...It sorta seems like you're trying too hard to match symbols to the lock up to parts of the note. I doubt it'd be that easy. Maybe there's a certain song it's talking about, but what song have we seen but not heard ?

Fiddler: Ya know I'm kinda confused. Why's is dere a difference between "You" and "Them" ? I mean... are we da "You" or are we "Them" ? And if we was dem whos da you ?...I don't know I ain't good wit stuff like dis. Wat I'm tryin' to say is why not just use you twice or dem twice instead of two different words ? does dat make sense ?
>>
No. 847021 ID: 094652

Wait a minute. I think we're looking at this code as an object, and not a story. Try adding some punctuation:

The tune, they have seen. But you? Have never heard.

Think about it; Beethoven was deaf when he created his greatest masterpieces. Clearly, he could have seen his composition, and so could his fans, but he never actually heard what he was playing. If it said "the tune you've seen but never heard" then the obvious guess would be something on a sheet of paper that literally cannot be played, but it says 'they' as in 'fans' and 'you' as in 'artist'.

So my guess is we need a blind and deaf man who was smart enough to create a masterpiece for people with eyes and ears.
>>
No. 847022 ID: 91ee5f

>>847021
Would that make the combination: 2 eyes, ear, brain?
>>
No. 847040 ID: 9e4723

>>847021
I am starting to see a theme with the music in this quest. Either way, this is a good idea, try it.
>>
No. 847042 ID: 7f4144

It's the song in the opening post.
So either
Eye brain eyes
Or
Hand brain eyes
>>
No. 847044 ID: d3602f

>>847042
That actually could be it. We, the posters, are they in this situation. Try eye brain eyes.
>>
No. 847049 ID: 91ee5f

Could the message be whatever's behind the door referring to itself and its captors?

Maybe it's whatever the captive has seen, but the captors have never heard? And if the thing behind the door is demonic in nature and the people that were out here were human, then maybe it's a demonic song that humans have never heard of?
>>
No. 847054 ID: 7152b7

"Heart" is mentioned multiple times before brain and eyes.

So Heart Brain Eyes.

I just realized... If Gallows was still holding the whole azurite chunk, we might have just had him listen to the whole song by posting a youtube link.
>>
No. 847059 ID: 8a947d
File 151137221758.png - (183.97KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door 2.png )
847059

>>847054
You try Heart, Brain, Eyes. The lock accepts the combination and the door opens up.

As you enter the room you feel conflicting energies, demonic energy but also something suppressing it. Inside you find a large demon inside of a tank submerged in green liquid multiple computer terminals and screens surround it. The demon is alive but possibly in a comatose state. Something must be keeping its form sustained outside of the Aether maybe one of the machines can release it, or you can find more information somewhere in the room. You've never seen a demon like this one though, the energy it gives of is strong but also unfamiliar to you.
>>
No. 847060 ID: df82b6

>>847059
Time to check out the terminals. See what you can do before you do anything.
>>
No. 847061 ID: d3602f

>>847059
More information is always good, look around.
>>
No. 847068 ID: b66d4e

>find more information somewhere in the room
Yes, do this. if the demonic energy is foreign then there might be something wrong with it or its not actually a part of the Aether.
Also, be sure to tell this to Hakim and Fiddler Imp so no "ACCIDENTAL RELEASE" occures.
>>
No. 847071 ID: 9e4723

If this was a pagan facility, that thing must be really dangerous to be locked in and in a comatose state. Even if it is a daemon, it sounds like trouble.
>>
No. 847076 ID: 7152b7

Fiddler... What... Who is it?
>>
No. 847079 ID: 8a947d
File 151137557688.png - (140.66KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door 3.png )
847079

>>847071
Nothing about this place makes you feel like it's a pagan facility. It's also odd how a place like this was placed behind a door by the Administrator.

You go to check out one of the terminals and warn Hakim and Fiddler not to touch anything. Everything's covered in dust but the terminal still works, you boot it up to find that there's already a page opened up on the monitor.

The first of these creatures we have recovered from alter dimension have shown below basic intelligence, but the current subject has shown to have much higher brain functions than the others; this creature hence forth known as Subject-A. Subject-A has minimal control over reality while in it's dormant state, it is unknown if this is subconscious or deliberate but it does show that the suppression technology we have is not strong enough to fully cut off the abilities of a demon such as this one.

From the multiple texts recovered from the cult known to frequently summon and control these "demons" all of these creatures originate from one primordial being referred to as "Athmoor". After a number of tests and procedures (See Addendum) We have confirmed that lesser demons originated from the body of Athmoor, however the creature that we have apprehended did not come from the body of Athmoor but rather the mind. We are not sure what actions this allows Subject-A to preform but we do intend to keep it under close observation in case it proves to be dangerous.

>>
No. 847082 ID: 91ee5f

>>847079
This demon came from Athmoor's mind?!

Ok, as cool as that is, it could still be dangerous to release. Let's keep checking other log entries and looking around the room.

Also, ask Hakim if he was expecting this to be back here?
>>
No. 847085 ID: 7152b7

We should free this poor guy immediately.
If he flees to the Aether, we will seek him when we travel there sometime in the future, though based on his abilities, he could probably seek us.
>>
No. 847086 ID: 1c8c35

Release him!
>>
No. 847087 ID: ba506f

heh, maybe the guy in the jar is the what's left of the old god before the other gods tricked him into giving up to much of his power. No not really but this guy is something you've never seen before and coming from a summoner like yourself that is saying something.
>>
No. 847089 ID: 1c8c35

On second thought let's try to talk to him before fully releasing him. That way he'll know who let him out.
>>
No. 847091 ID: 91ee5f

Maybe consider contacting Flint? Because something like this.....yeah, you might need help determining if it's safe to release this guy and whether or not it'll attack you if you let it out.
>>
No. 847092 ID: 13fded

A piece of your god's mind. For better or for worst you need to release him.

After learning that Athmoor were once a mortal who won the previous game I though the origin story of demons were somehow wrong. Either become the god of the world change the nature of a person so much that it's peaces can become individuals or the Administrator lied about the game and those facilities were attempts of studying the sacred.
>>
No. 847097 ID: 9e4723

>>847091
Yeah, this is like a big deal. If it was locked all this time in here, most of our fellow pagans couldn't have seen him.We need t at least warn them that we are going to free this guy.
>>
No. 847101 ID: 3583d1

>>847097
We should send Hakim back with that train so he can tell Flint or maybe even Killboss, this is huge deal.

Take a look around the room, is there anything that indicates a release function or or something? Maybe another log that shows what this place is and what they were doing?
>>
No. 847139 ID: 91ee5f

>>847101
We can't, Hakim said he can only use the train a certain number of times and I think we've reached that limit.

Maybe Hakim has a phone he can use to call one of his guys and they can pass the phone to Flint or someone and we can tell them about this?
>>
No. 847141 ID: d3602f

If this came from Athmoor's, and if he is as good as you say, this demon be a lot less violent than most. Still, Hakim should get some other high ranking pagans to look into this, while we will stay here and guard the place.

This could be big, second only to finding the gilded cage. We may have just found a key piece of Athmoor. We might need quite a few of our fellow pagans to move the tank though, if we don't want to risk waking it up. Precautions must be taken.
>>
No. 847146 ID: 91ee5f

Maybe look around and see if there's a conveniently placed Waystone here?
>>
No. 847169 ID: b66d4e

>>847079
OH WOW, a being that came from Athmoor's mind.

>>847141
I second this notion!

>(See Addendum)
Check and see if there is a consol command, and if so type in Addendum for more info on the study of this demon.
>>
No. 847176 ID: 991a02

>>847079
Make sure it's chill before you actually free it, though.
>>
No. 847363 ID: b2f6e9

>>847141
Well, assuming this isn’t just part of Athmoor’s mind like most demons are only part of his body, and a bad part.
I mean, we wouldn’t want to deal with only his nightmares or fight-or-flight reflex, would we?
>>
No. 847372 ID: 094652

Since it came from Athmoor's mind (and apparently we posters can use out-of-context information to help Gallows), do you think we can directly control it?

Get Ada here, she has more experience with computers than the rest of your team multiplied.
>>
No. 847375 ID: f888ae

Okay gallows the instructions i’m about to give you are possibly the most important you’ll ever have to follow:
Squeal like an excited schoolgirl at the thought of having this demon on our side
>>
No. 847743 ID: 8a947d
File 151154699209.png - (182.62KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door 5.png )
847743

You decide against releasing the demon just yet, this is a big discovery and another step towards securing power for the Pagans. You'd be lying if you said you weren't excited. Before you can leave the room the tank begins to drain and smoke escapes multiple grates at the bottom as warning lights flash around the room. The tank begins to open...

You: W-what?! Who let it out ?

Fiddler:...I did. Ya said to let it out.

You: No! I told you not to touch anything!

Fiddler: Yeah, but after ya read dat ding over there ya said to loof fer a way ta let it out clear as day.
>>
No. 847744 ID: 8a947d
File 151154712202.png - (131.60KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin Door 6.png )
847744

The demon falls from the tank and sits on the ground in front of you. It stays put swiveling it's head around the room, it looks confused. It makes no noise aside from a low guttural sound as it breathes. You keep your distance in case but it doesn't seem to be paying any attention to you.
>>
No. 847746 ID: 9e4723

Ehh, you do know how to communicate with demons, yes? What is different in this one from the others?
>>
No. 847747 ID: 91ee5f

>>847743
>Yeah, but after ya read dat ding over there ya said to loof fer a way ta let it out clear as day.
"No, I didn't! I didn't say anything!"

>>847744
Since waiting to let it out isn't an option anymore, I guess the only thing left to do is to try and talk to it.

"Hello? Can you talk?"
>>
No. 847748 ID: 8a947d
File 151154838276.png - (232.64KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 1.png )
847748

Normally they just sort of listen to you. Usually you're the one who summoned them but you didn't summon this one. You'll try anyway.

You: H-Hello ? Can you speak?

After a few seconds the demon jumps up and begins shrieking before slashing Hakim's arm clean off. It only continues to scream louder and louder.
>>
No. 847761 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 6 = 6

Stun Claw!

Then get Fiddler to heal Hakim!
>>
No. 847764 ID: d3602f

>>847748
Shit, I hope he has something for that arm.

Now, this might seem a little overly optimistic, but there may still be hope. It has attacked Hakim, but it might not be as willing to attack a Pagan. Maybe Hakim should leave while we could try to have Fiddler placate it with none combative music to calm it down? They are a part of the same being. I would suggest summoning a Choirkin too, but we don't have sugar or a tongue.

Summon a bulwark to give us something to hide behind though.
>>
No. 847765 ID: 9e4723

OH OK! It must have detected that Hakim it doesn't emanate demonic energy! You need to tame that thing!
>>
No. 847766 ID: 91ee5f

>>847764
>Shit, I hope he has something for that arm.
Thanks to Fiddler's new upgrade, he can either help reattach Hakim's arm or he can help Hakim grow a new arm.
>>
No. 847767 ID: d3602f

>>847766
Yeah, but if we want to calm this thing, we might need him to be away, and we still need Fiddler. So unless he has something for that, he will need to wait for us before Fiddler can help him.
>>
No. 847769 ID: 3583d1

Holy shit!!! What did we awake? Athmoor’s wrath?

Stun him! Then see what we can do to calm him down! Fiddler time to put that new healing song to work!
>>
No. 847772 ID: 13fded

rolled 1 = 1

Fiddler is probable susceptible to this thing influence. It's possible all demons are.
For now make Fiddler heal Hakim and keep trying to communicate with it. We need to find out if Fiddler will do what we want or be under this thing's control, and if it's aggressive toward a pagan.
Let's see if it will attack Gallows when given the opportunity. I'm rolling perception for a fast reaction if attacked.
If it's more amiable to people with demonic energy maybe we can empower Hakim to make him look less threatening.
>>
No. 847774 ID: 13fded

>>847772
Critical fail!
>>
No. 847777 ID: 7152b7

Have fiddler take it back to the aether with it.
Send it home get it out of here.

Also, Can Fiddler Hear us?
>>
No. 847784 ID: 91ee5f

>>847777
He was just talking to us. So yes he can hear us.
>>
No. 847794 ID: 7152b7

>>847784
Not us as in Roland, us as in Us.
We suggested we let this guy out. Roland didn't say let this guy out.

Usually it takes a shitload of azurite to hear suggestions, but can Demon's here us?
Did this big daemon trick Fiddler?
Or did he let him hear us?
so many unknowns.
>>
No. 847801 ID: 91ee5f

>>847794
Well if you read this: >>847079 , and got to the part that read, "Subject-A has minimal control over reality while in it's dormant state." then it would be pretty obvious that this thing tricked Fiddler Imp into hearing Roland say something he didn't actually say.
>>
No. 847802 ID: 8a947d
File 151155753119.png - (337.62KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 2.png )
847802

rolled 1 = 1

The big demon starts to move towards you claws at the ready. He leaps toward you and you try to shoot him mid leap, it manages to redirect itself and dodge your bullet. The bullet instead hits a fuse box in the back of the room and the lights flicker off.
>>
No. 847803 ID: 8a947d
File 151155772425.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , Blackout.png )
847803

The lights go out and you cannot see!

The demon claws at your leg (20hp ==> 15hp) and again at your chest (15hp ==> 10hp). You lose a lot of blood [58oz ==> 38oz].

You hear Hakim scream in the darkness (35hp ==> 20hp)
>>
No. 847804 ID: 8a947d
File 151155785796.png - (264.00KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 3.png )
847804

The lights eventually flicker back on, you've fallen to the ground and can't feel your leg. You look over at Hakim fighting the demon, Voodoo energy crackles around the demon hurting it (55hp ==> 50hp).

Fiddler is by your side, he looks worried for good reason.
>>
No. 847809 ID: d3602f

Kitty gloves come off. Do we have a caustic substance to summon a Fulgurbeast with?
>>
No. 847810 ID: 3583d1

alright, game on motherfucker.

>>847809
If we do lets kick some ass with this. We'll make that thing bow to our will.
>>
No. 847811 ID: 0d45a9

Erm, you're not gonna want to try and stand up Roland, you're missing a leg. Time to start summoning stuff. We should have enough for a Fulgurbeast (Does battery acid count as caustic?). Since you're immobilised, if it comes at you, maybe instant summon a Flagellum?
>>
No. 847812 ID: 767ae9

Tell fiddler to start the healing process. Damn well know you’re going to need it.
>>
No. 847813 ID: deec6e

rolled 5 + 9 = 14

>>847804

"L'il bit o' healing there, buddy? Kindly play something enlivening, I gotta talk down a mad god."

Hey, you PO'd piece-of-mind. I get it, I think. The people you trusted abused you, and then you got split into bits, and then you got trapped here for ages... but you just listen, if you can. World's broke again - there's a new game on and the Gilded Cage is open. We're on one team, the pagan team, the team that kept on believing in you, befriending your parts, despite knowledge of you being suppressed like hell. The other team is the church and worshippers of your old betrayers, our oppressors. You really gonna keep on killing us, when you've got so many better targets to choose from?"
>>
No. 847818 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 5 = 23

Have Fiddler Imp use Mending Melody Major! (d20 + 5 from Summoning 3 Skill)

Hopefully a high enough roll can heal both Roland and Hakim! Or at least heal 1 of them!
>>
No. 847819 ID: 91ee5f

>>847818
I wonder if the detached limbs will just magically fly back over to where they belong and reattach themselves when Fiddler plays a healing tune?
>>
No. 847823 ID: b40fdf

It's been a while since we've used Roland's point of view. His inventory is still here: https://pastebin.com/9LPi14pP
>>
No. 847824 ID: 7152b7

rolled 5 + 16 = 21

Summoning Knowledge.
How do we bind this thing?.
>>
No. 847825 ID: 9e4723

Man, that looks like it hurts. Should we try to fight it to submission or tame it? I don't' think we can win a fight in this state, we already lose a lot of blood.
>>
No. 847831 ID: d3602f

>>847823
I completely forgot about that. So we do have sugar and tongues! Does the bag with the sugar count as cloth? Summon a choirkin with the fulgurbeast, because god knows we need the defense.
>>
No. 847834 ID: 3583d1

rolled 11 + 16 = 27

>>847824
Trying this.
>>
No. 847889 ID: 117b94

>>847804
OK! Roland don't panic, your missing your leg. Summon something sturdy to help Hakim out.

>Fiddler Imp can repair missing limbs
Fiddler have a look at that missing leg of his when Rolander makes a summon.
>>
No. 847918 ID: 19dd52

Shit, is there some sort of demon language we don't know that this thing speaks?

Or maybe it has a connection to Fiddler since it's a part of Athmoor's mind?
>>
No. 847919 ID: 8a947d
File 151162084561.png - (247.37KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 4.png )
847919

Three pieces of scrap metal, Battery Acid, Two chunks of animal viscera, and the bronze pocket watch let you summon a Fulgurbeast.

The Fulgurbeast quickly charges it's fur full of electricity and rams into the side of the demon, the demon drops Hakim as it's electrocuted (50hp ==> 40hp).

>rolled 18 + 5 = 23
Fiddler plays Mending Melody Major, regrowing your leg and healing you (10hp ==> 20hp)
>>
No. 847920 ID: 8a947d
File 151162091431.png - (172.60KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 5.png )
847920

The demon swings back and claws at the side of Fulgurbeast! (30hp ==> 20hp)
>>
No. 847921 ID: 8a947d
File 151162112642.png - (77.56KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 6.png )
847921

The demon rears back and lets out a piercing shriek that rings inside of your head. It's bad on you but your demons seem to be taking it the worse! Fiddler Imp (15hp ==> 10hp) and Fulgurbeast (20hp ==> 15hp) fall to the ground shaking and convulsing. Neither of them can act for now!

The demon is dangerously erratic and aggressive, it doesn't seem like you can reason with it in anyway unless you're good enough at talking down rampaging demons (Roll for CHARM, a CRITICAL is required for success).
>>
No. 847927 ID: deec6e

Well. Here goes.
>>
No. 847928 ID: deec6e

rolled 5 + 9 = 14

>>847927

Or not. Let's try that again.
>>
No. 847929 ID: 73ad05

rolled 13 + 9 = 22

Fingers crossed
>>
No. 847930 ID: b20e5a

rolled 5 + 9 = 14

Ah nu
>>
No. 847931 ID: 094652

rolled 15 + 9 = 24

phuck
>>
No. 847934 ID: b20e5a

What counts as a crit?
>>
No. 847936 ID: 8a947d

>>847934
Natural 20 on a die roll, you guys can suggest more actions besides dice rolling too in case you don't get a 20
>>
No. 847939 ID: 13fded

rolled 18 + 9 = 27

Stun Claw would be wise in this circumstance, but I'm commuted to that critical.
>>
No. 847940 ID: 7152b7

rolled 2 + 9 = 11

Ready a defensive flagellum.
>>
No. 847952 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 4 + 9 = 13

>>847921
Ok
>>
No. 847957 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 14 + 9 = 23

Rolling...
>>
No. 847959 ID: 19dd52

rolled 13 + 9 = 22

Worth a try
>>
No. 847960 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 13 + 9 = 22

Rolling!
>>
No. 847962 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 6 = 6

>>847960
Crap. Oh, well, if we get another chance, then I'll try again.

But for now, I'm rolling again for using the puddle of blood on the floor Stun Claw! Since we lost 20oz of blood, that puddle of blood should be enough for us to not use the blood still in our body!
>>
No. 847963 ID: 91ee5f

>>847962
That's supposed to say using the puddle of blood on the floor for Stun Claw!
>>
No. 847970 ID: 8a947d
File 151163250961.png - (262.82KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 7.png )
847970

Despite your protests and attempts to calm the demon down it only continues to approach you! It begins to run towards you but you catch it with a Stun Claw blast using some of the blood off of the floor, a lot of it has sunk down into cracks between the floor but there's still enough left to help cast. The demon is hit square in the chest! (40hp ==> 36hp). While it shakes from being stunned you feel something odd fill your body, you don't know what but you feel stronger!

Hakim has empowered you with voodoo magic! You summon a Demon Flagellum and prepare to attack [38oz ==> 28oz]...
>>
No. 847971 ID: 8a947d
File 151163270285.png - (225.40KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 8.png )
847971

The combined boost of energy from Hakim with the help of your Demon Flagellum allows you to stab right through the demons chest. You don't totally impale him but you do a lot of damage (36hp ==> 20hp) The demon begins to stagger back and forth but doesn't fall just yet, Your Fulgurbeast and Fiddler Imp rise up off of the floor dazed but ready to act again.
>>
No. 847973 ID: 13fded

rolled 16 = 16

Maybe we can keep this thing incapacitate long enough for it's anger to diminish.
Fiddler should use Blinding Bariolage Major.
>>
No. 847974 ID: 117b94

/roll 1d20+9

its getting weaker! ... what if we end up killing it? Will it go to the aether, or just up and die? no time to worry though, its still rampaging! trying using the Demon Flagellum to hold it down!
>>
No. 847976 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 7 + 9 = 16

Rolling.
>>
No. 847977 ID: deec6e

rolled 18 + 9 = 27

>>847971

C'mon Ath, we don't want to do this to you. Have you really got nothing but rage left for us?
>>
No. 847978 ID: 7152b7

rolled 18 + 9 = 27

Press On! But continue to try and reason. We don't want to kill him but he's forcing our hand.
>>
No. 847979 ID: b20e5a

rolled 13 + 9 = 22

At this point we may as well at least go for incapacitating this thing.
>>
No. 847983 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 9 = 25

Trying again to talk him down!
>>
No. 847989 ID: 8a947d
File 151163772147.png - (168.00KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 9.png )
847989

You continue to do your best to try and talk the demon down. It stops for a moment and you think you've gotten through to it, but a portal opens beneath your feet and tentacles emerge from it grabbing you and holding on tight squeezing the life out of you.

Literally squeezing the life out of you (20hp ==> 5hp) and into the air for the demon to suck up (20hp ==> 35hp). It eventually drops you onto the ground.
>>
No. 847990 ID: 8a947d
File 151163788028.png - (320.01KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 10.png )
847990

After it's done feeding on you the demon leaps over towards Hakim and swings it's arm around chopping his head off in one motion. You sit in shock as his head rolls over to your feet.

Hakim: I don't think it's going to listen to you, and you can't survive something like this. Maybe get a little more aggressive.
>>
No. 847994 ID: d3602f

We can't kill it, but we definitely are going to need to hurt it enough that it will give up. Fiddler imp, heal us. We should summon a bulwark brute for some defense, and have the fuglurbeast attack again.
>>
No. 847995 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 5 = 20

>>847990
>Maybe get a little more aggressive.
Hakim's right. We tried but it's just not happening. It's time to kick this thing's ass! .....after Fiddler gives us a little help with another Mending Melody Major.
>>
No. 847998 ID: 0d45a9

You still have that flagellum summoned right? Ask Fiddler to heal us, and use empower on yourself (Hopefully Hakim's version of empower is still effecting us and stacks). Then double team the demon with yourself and the fulgurbeast.
>>
No. 848000 ID: 91ee5f

>>847998
If you want to use Empower on Roland, then you should probably use the Blood Restorative from our inventory to restore 20oz of blood first. Especially since using Empower on himself requires Roland to use 20oz of blood and he's only got 38oz of blood left in his body.

Also, if you're attacking with the Flagellum, you should roll a d20 + 4 from his Strength Stat + 5 from his Summoning 3 Skill.
>>
No. 848001 ID: deec6e

rolled 1 + 5 = 6

>>847990

I know you've got a point, man, but this is like a living piece of oh my god why are you still alive.

Uh, fulgurbeast, get cracklin' again!
>>
No. 848002 ID: d3602f

>>848001
We shot him in the head when we first met him. Him surviving decapitation isn't all that surprising.
>>
No. 848006 ID: 9e4723

I gess you are going to have to try the Pokemon way.
>>
No. 848008 ID: 8a947d
File 151164410892.png - (122.70KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 11.png )
848008

>rolled 1 + 5 = 6

Fulgurbeast leaps at the demon but gets caught by a cluster of tentacles emerging from the ceiling, Fulgurbeast get's dragged up through the rift and back into the Aether.
>>
No. 848009 ID: 8a947d
File 151164421704.png - (260.51KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 12.png )
848009

>rolled 15 + 5 = 20

Fiddler Imp plays Mending Melody and heals you (5hp ==> 15hp)

You drink the blood restorative and regain 20 ounces [28oz ==> 48oz] Then cast Empower on yourself for extra strength. You jump at the demon and slash at it with your Demon Flagellum (35hp ==> 20hp).
>>
No. 848010 ID: 8a947d
File 151164433052.png - (106.05KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 13.png )
848010

The demon slashes at Fiddler, but he manages to dodge under him and plays Bariolage of Blood. The demon starts to bleed heavily (20hp ==> 18hp).
>>
No. 848013 ID: d3602f

dice1d20+5
Hit him again!

Fiddler, disorienting him might help!
>>
No. 848014 ID: d3602f

rolled 17 + 5 = 22

>>848013
Fucking, is this how you use dice?
>>
No. 848016 ID: 767ae9

Dern it fulgurbeast. You had one job. At least good ol fiddler is still with us.
>>
No. 848018 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 17 + 15 = 32

>>848010
Here's an idea: Dual Wield your Blue Baroness and your Ivory Repeater!

Shoot it once with the Blue Baroness, use it's ability to teleport yourself behind it and/or dodge its attack, then unload with your Ivory Repeater! ( d20 + 10 from Perception Stat + 5 from Pistols 3 Skill )

>The demon slashes at Fiddler, but he manages to dodge under him
And since we're trying to turn Fiddler into our Eidolon and it requires him to trust Roland, I think Roland shouting, "Leave him alone!" at the demon will help earn Fiddler's trust!
>>
No. 848020 ID: 7152b7

rolled 14 + 9 = 23

LOOK INTO MY MIND YOU FUCK, I HATE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU DO! YOU'RE FIGHTING THE WRONG GUY!
>>
No. 848025 ID: 13fded

rolled 18 + 11 = 29

Since he is bleeding we can use his blood for another Stun Claw.
Does it use the intelligence status?
>>
No. 848028 ID: 91ee5f

>>848025
Roland has to physically be touching any source of blood if he wants to not use the blood in his body.

I don't think he should get close enough to touch it, since it's too risky! Also, I don't think he should use anymore spells since he's only got 28oz of blood left in his body! If he uses anymore he'll either pass out or die of blood loss!
>>
No. 848082 ID: 02d8f4

>>848018
We still have our demon flagellum out so would this work? I like the idea of using the blue baroness to teleport but what if we attempt a grapple instead?
>>
No. 848173 ID: 8a947d
File 151174035541.png - (318.13KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 14.png )
848173

>>848018
You take out the Blue Baroness and fire through it's chest [18hp ==> 5hp]. Teleport through the wound and unload six bullets(31 Large Rounds ==> 25) from your Ivory Repeater into the demons back! [5hp ==> 0hp]
>>
No. 848174 ID: 8a947d
File 151174057009.png - (282.30KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor's Hatred 15.png )
848174

The demon begins to split up into clusters of shadow and Aether energy as it dies, but as it does so something large round and heavy drops from it's body and onto the ground.

Before you investigate you help Hakim put himself back together (His limbs sort of meld back to his body, he still looks pretty tired). The orb buzzes and shakes on the floor. You REALLY want to pick it up something pulls you toward it.
>>
No. 848175 ID: d3602f

>>848174
Pick it up. BUT WRAP IT IN A CLOTH FIRST, NO DIRECT CONTACT.
>>
No. 848176 ID: 7152b7

TOUCH IT
>>
No. 848177 ID: 094652

Nobody touch that, ESPECIALLY Fiddler! Have him focus on healing you!
>>
No. 848179 ID: 8a947d
File 151174297392.png - (124.82KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 1.png )
848179

Fiddler brings you back to full health with a full playing of Mending Melody.

You decide to pick it up with cloth between it and your hands, it seemed like it was heavy but now that you hold it its light as a rubber ball. You turn to talk to Hakim...
>>
No. 848181 ID: 8a947d
File 151174304502.png - (74.82KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 2.png )
848181

But you realize you're not in the underground facility anymore! You're back in the Halfway. You look down at your hands, the orb is gone. You hear piano music playing...
>>
No. 848183 ID: 939c2b

>>848181
Wander off away from the piano music. If this guy wants to be dramatic, you should ruin it for him.
>>
No. 848184 ID: c66305

.... Athmoor?
>>
No. 848185 ID: 3abd97

>>848181
Walk closer, then listen respectfully. Don't interrupt.
>>
No. 848187 ID: d3602f

Do we still have our violin? If so, maybe we could join in.
>>
No. 848188 ID: 7152b7

>>848187
This is perfect.
>>
No. 848190 ID: 91ee5f

>>848181
This is just like what happened in New Olmec! .....which means that you just passed out again. Great. At least Troy and Issei aren't here to make fun of you for passing out again.

>Piano
Since there's literally nothing else to do, go see what's up with that guy.
>>
No. 848192 ID: 9e4723

>>848187
Do it. Let the music speak for us.
>>
No. 848221 ID: 9b80a5

huh matching neckerchiefs coincidence or no? who knows?
>>
No. 848224 ID: d3602f

>>848221
All the magic users have colors associated with them. Red just means he is associated with pagans and demons. Blue is priest, purple is voodoo. Prophets are a bit variable though.
>>
No. 848227 ID: 094652

Knock him out.
>>
No. 848276 ID: 8a947d
File 151181210454.png - (94.59KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 3.png )
848276

You'd play along if you could but you don't know the song. It's oddly sporadic in places too you aren't sure if you could keep up even if you wanted to. You approach the man playing the piano, he begins to slow down as you get closer. He starts talking to you as he continues to twiddle at the keys on his piano.

???: Hello there, I'm guessing you're only visiting. I know for a fact people like you don't normally belong in the Halfway. How'd you get here ?

You: I just...I picked something up and...who are you ?

???: Just a tired old ghost trying to pass the time...hey do you know how Moonlight Sonata goes ?

Part of you knows who he is but another part doesn't believe it, it would be impossible to be face to face with him right here right now.
>>
No. 848277 ID: 91ee5f

>>848276
>hey do you know how Moonlight Sonata goes?
Answer his question.

If you know how Moonlight Sonata goes, then say, "Yes."

If you don't know how Moonlight Sonata goes, then say, "No."

>Part of you knows who he is but another part doesn't believe it, it would be impossible to be face to face with him right here right now.
Ask him, "Are you Athmoor?"
>>
No. 848278 ID: 3583d1

I think I know that one, its a little sad though isn't it? But i'll play it with you if you answer this one question. Are you Athmoor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3_ZIBgPA1g
>>
No. 848280 ID: 33cbe7

If that's Athmoor, you're phrasing the question wrong. It should be:
"Could I have your name, stranger?"
>>
No. 848281 ID: 7152b7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
You know this song.
You know this man.
No need to harry him for his name.

Play if you feel up to it, but don't forget to ask him a few good questions.

Which gift should you fear the most?
Can the Denizens of the cage be trusted?

Would he do it all over again if given the chance?
>>
No. 848283 ID: 9e4723

That song is simply the best thing you could have put in this panel, OP.
>>
No. 848285 ID: 939c2b

>>848276
Ask him who he played against.
>>
No. 848287 ID: 8a947d
File 151181695050.png - (137.32KB , 1212x826 , Moonlight Sonata.png )
848287

You: I think I do...It's sort of a sad one though. Before we start can I ask you real quick...what's your name ?

Athmoor: It's pretty obvious isn't it ? I know you know.

Athmoor: Now come on, I haven't played a duet in a while so forgive me if I'm a little off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3_ZIBgPA1g

He begins to play Moonlight Sonata and you follow along, The somber music echoes in the Halfway's void. None of it feels real it's almost dream-like, You close your eyes and enjoy the music still. You're not too used to slower songs like this but you feel like you're doing well. Eventually Athmoor stops playing abruptly.

Athmoor: Hmm...that one is a bit too sad for me. Your violin playing's amazing, I'd start a band with you if I wasn't dead. Who taught you how to play ?
>>
No. 848288 ID: 91ee5f

>>848287
>Your violin playing's amazing, I'd start a band with you if I wasn't dead.
Athmoor himself has complimented your violin skills! Resist the urge to squeal in excitement like a little school girl!

>Who taught you how to play?
Nobody, you taught yourself.

When you were 8 and then Pagan Knights rescued you and gave you the name "Gallows", you kinda needed something to do to calm yourself after being so close to death. One of the Pagans suggested learning music and you thought the violin was a cool instrument, so you just picked it up and started playing. Everyone said you were a prodigy with the violin and you've been playing ever since.
>>
No. 848292 ID: 3583d1

>>848288
"I mostly taught myself when it came down to it but I did have some help. I first started to play after I was taken in by some of the pagan knights. This was when I was eight years old, they gave me the name 'Gallows' because I was almost hung, lucky for me I got saved at the last minute by a stray arrow fired from... well, I don't really know. After I got rescued I was something of a wreck. One of the knights started to play a song to calm me down, and it really did help. So I asked him to teach me a little bit. I quickly picked it up, it just came very naturally to me. The guy who taught me called me a prodigy. Where did you learn piano?"
>>
No. 848293 ID: 9e4723

>>848288
That is a good answer, i don't know if a prodigy; but modesty aside, you ARE pretty good at it.
>>
No. 848294 ID: 9e4723

All this aside, why is HE here? What happened to his horn? there just so many questions. Do we even have time enough?
>>
No. 848311 ID: deec6e

>>848287

School of hard knocks - you should've been a drummer, really. You also got an aberrant summon fiddler friend now, so you've gotten more practice in of late.

Ask him if he minds if we talk about some serious stuff. You've got questions. There's a new game on.
>>
No. 848312 ID: 7152b7

>>848288
Thirding
>>
No. 848313 ID: 8a947d
File 151182596780.png - (87.77KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 4.png )
848313

You: I mostly taught myself when it came down to it but I did have some help. I first started to play after I was taken in by some of the pagan knights. This was when I was eight years old, they gave me the name 'Gallows' because I was almost hung, lucky for me I got saved at the last minute by a stray arrow fired from... well, I don't really know.

You: After I got rescued I was something of a wreck. One of the knights started to play a song to calm me down, and it really did help. So I asked him to teach me a little bit. I quickly picked it up, it just came very naturally to me. The guy who taught me called me a prodigy.

You: I'd love to talk about this more really I would but I need to talk to you about something serious, another game's started.

Athmoor:...Oh boy...Of course it would happen sooner or later. I'm guessing Pagans are the red team and that church is the blue team ?

You: Yeah, I'm sure the church is the enemy team of course it would only make sense. I want to know if there's anything you can tell me about the game that could help, anything at all! We need all the help we can get.

Athmoor: Of course, ask any question you want. Though the Administrator told me not to give away too much about the game, as much as I'd like to "cheating" would only get you in more trouble later on. Now what do you want to know ?
>>
No. 848314 ID: 117b94

how do we find more Azerite orbs?
>>
No. 848315 ID: 117b94

>Athmoor's mind orb
Ask him about the orb you picked up off that mind demon that attacked you.
>>
No. 848316 ID: 91ee5f

>>848313
>Though the Administrator told me not to give away too much about the game, as much as I'd like to "cheating" would only get you in more trouble later on.
".....ok, now I'm afraid to ask the wrong questions! Could you let me know if I ask a question that'll get me in trouble?"

>Now what do you want to know?
How about asking him what strategies he used during his game?

Maybe ask why the Church's Pantheon tore him to pieces?

>>848315
Yeah, ask about that.

And maybe ask if there's anymore of those hidden around somewhere?
>>
No. 848318 ID: 3ce125

>>848313
Ask him about the true history of the world. Is his side of the story the same that the Pagans know? How did the Pagans come to know the story-- did one of the gods present at the time tell mortals what happened?
>>
No. 848319 ID: 939c2b

>>848313
If you aren't in the cage when we win, but some of your fragments are, what will happen to them?
>>
No. 848321 ID: 7152b7

Which of your stolen gift's should I be most wary of?
Inversely, are there any gods with lesser gifts that could be re-conquered entirely?

Could you tell me more about some gods?
I've encountered Cadzevix of Space's minions a couple times now.

Frietast of Black Ice appears is helping us, but she's quite aloof and I'd like to know more about her.

Gya of Sea Spiders is begrudgingly being dragged along by us. Any insight on her would be helpful. Her relationship with her prophet is hurting their development, and I'd like to rectify that.
>>
No. 848322 ID: 8a947d
File 151183050531.png - (100.53KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 5.png )
848322

>Mind Demon Orb

Athmoor: Sounds like that demon was a part of my mind, that orb must've been a concentrated ball of mental energy that drew you to my soul when you touched it.

Athmoor: ...Or something like that.

>More Azerite

Athmoor: Well...that's sort of one of those "cheat" questions, but I feel like since you went through a lot to get here I could tell you were one is.

Athmoor: ...There's a place all the way to the north of Adipedi on a small island that should have something. Check your map when you get back.

>What strategies he used during his game?

Athmoor: ...You shouldn't use what my team used, with the way you're going you should do fine without any of what we did.

>Why the Church's Pantheon tore him to pieces?

Athmoor: They wanted what I had, a whole world of my creation...and I was foolish enough to basically hand it right to them. Now look where we are.
>>
No. 848323 ID: 3ce125

>>848322
You could try asking if it is possible to resurrect him. You have access to part of his mind, which leads to his soul... and his body is very familiar to the Pagan faction. Would it be possible after you win the game and become a god?

Where did the other gods come from?
>>
No. 848327 ID: c8480c

If we can't use the mind orb anymore after this we should give it to Hakim since it kind of is his door.
Should ask Athmoor if that could blow up in our faces, though.
>>
No. 848329 ID: 8a947d
File 151183154353.png - (98.91KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 6.png )
848329

>>848321
Athmoor: I know very little about the gods, I feel some have hidden their true nature from me when I was alive but now I know them for what they really are. I don't even know where they came from, I just saw them as people in need of a place to call home.

Athmoor: Khonadon by far has the most intimidating aspect of the world, he controls time. Though Tyrant's control of destruction makes him dangerous as well. You have no hope of killing a god sadly

Athmoor: Freitast...she wasn't one of the ones who helped kill me, neither was Gya. Gya was childish always playing with mortal creatures like toys, but I feel like with enough work she can be taught a little compassion. Freitast kept to herself; she always had an interest in the natural world, but went about discovering it by herself.

>Resurrection

Athmoor: I feel like I may stay dead. There isn't much you can do about that, the Aether will always exist and so will the demons inside of it but me ? I will live on through humanity and through the demons. That's just how it'll be.

>True history of the world

Athmoor: Everything the Pagans know is very much true, though it wasn't all of the gods that wanted me dead. I imagine one of the smarter demons told the story to the first few Pagans and it's been passed down since.

You feel the world get blurrier beneath your feet as your body begins to fade, it looks like you're running out of time in the Halfway.
>>
No. 848331 ID: 7152b7

It seems my time is short.

Besides winning the game, is there anything you want me to do?
>>
No. 848332 ID: 5bc36c

>>848329
Shake his hand.
"It was nice meeting you."
>>
No. 848333 ID: 91ee5f

>>848329
>Freitast and Gya
Tell him that you're friends with their Prophets. Then ask if there's anything you can pass on to the Prophets to help their relationships with their gods?

>You feel the world get blurrier beneath your feet as your body begins to fade, it looks like you're running out of time in the Halfway.
I can't think of anything else to ask.

Roland, after asking whatever questions you have, reach out your hand and tell him, "It was an honor to meet you, sir." Hopefully, he'll take your hand and give you a handshake.
>>
No. 848334 ID: b0f04f

Is there any final piece of advice you want to give me?
>>
No. 848337 ID: 3ce125

>>848329
Wait, one last thing: Can we trust the Voodoo Men?
>>
No. 848345 ID: 91ee5f

>>848327
No. Something like that needs to be in Pagan hands.

He can have whatever else is in the place we found. Or when we go back to the Gilded Cage, we can let one of the higher ups know that he was very helpful and they can give him a reward of some kind.
>>
No. 848346 ID: d3602f

>>848337
As much as I respect Athmoor, the guy much too trusting. I don't think he is the best person to ask about who to trust.
>>
No. 848348 ID: d3602f

Wait, do you know where we could find a powerful demon who could help?
>>
No. 848349 ID: 91ee5f

Wait, where is his team? Could we ask them for help?
>>
No. 848355 ID: 830fb7

Is he able to do the profit thing with you to gain access to your world and technically be "Alive" through you (while granting you power and advising you).
>>
No. 848360 ID: 9b80a5

any tips? or any powers you can teach me?
>>
No. 848397 ID: 9e4723

Ask him if it's possible to find another mental fragment of his to talk to him again. And ask him what good did to fight this one, besides of the obvious, on what other way i can help us.
>>
No. 848403 ID: 8a947d
File 151188081901.png - (84.79KB , 1212x826 , Halfway 7.png )
848403

>What happened to his team ?
Athmoor: They're gone. That's all I can say for now.

>Mental fragments
Athmoor: It's possible to find more, fragments of the rage I felt when I died. They're probably lurking in forgotten places or in the Aether. If you can come back I can help you more, it's nice having someone to talk to.

>Make you Prophet ?
Athmoor: Gods make Prophets to escape death, I'm already dead so I can't do that for you.

You shake his hand at tell him it was an honor to meet him, before you go you ask if there's anything else important he can tell you. he turns around and stares up into the void of the Halfway.

Athmoor: The Regent Church has brought something into this world, something dangerous of course. It's how they found your hideouts and it's how they plan to win the game. I don't know exactly what it is but you need to hurry.

Your form fades away into darkness, as the world around you fades out you hear violin music playing.
>>
No. 848405 ID: 8a947d
File 151188167431.png - (163.26KB , 1212x826 , Gilded Cage 1.png )
848405

Fiddler imp is beside you playing his violin, he stops when he sees you wake up.

Fiddler: Mornin' Gal! Well not mornin' really it's like afternoon but ya get what I mean.

You: I'm...back in the Gilded Cage ?

Fiddler: Yeah, Dat big voodoo guy carried ya back 'ere. Everyone was freakin' out, especially that shop lady with the weird accent.

You: ...Why am I wet and sticky ?

Fiddler: Oh that's spit. I was spittin' on ya to try and get ya to wake up. It's a demon remedy, if anythin's wrong with ya a little demon spit'll fix it.

Fiddler: You was hummin' a weird song I ain't heard before. It went like dis right ?

Fiddler begins to play Moonlight Sonata, but it's not exactly the same. Really it's not as somber as the original and it's pace is different in places but it's still really good. Fiddler has learned [Bloodmoon Sonata]- Increases the power of attacks to allies that can hear it.

Athmoor said something about checking your map when you got back.
>>
No. 848408 ID: 91ee5f

>>848405
Tell Fiddler what happened when you touched that orb! In fact, you should tell everyone what happened! And you should tell them about the things Athmoor told you about! Especially what he told you about how the Church found your hideouts!

Do you even still have the orb?

>Fiddler spitting on Roland.
".....if I find out you're messing with me, I'm gonna get you in a headlock and noogie you!"

Also, don't unsummon Fiddler just yet. After giving a report on what we found, I kinda wanna just hangout and play some tunes with Fiddler, so that we can relax. And considering how close we came to death a few times during that last fight, just relaxing a little before we get back to doing things sounds like a good idea.

Oh, and just in case Fiddler is mad at himself for releasing that demon, we should let him know that we're not mad at him for doing that, but we are glad that he saved our ass from dying.

>Athmoor said something about checking your map when you got back.
Then check your map, I guess. And show it to whoever you give your report to.
>>
No. 848411 ID: 9e4723

Oh yeah, now song! Ok, you got a lot of things to do. Check your friends, specially Hakim, he took a good pownding and you have to thank him. Check your map to find that azerite, AND inform your felow pagans about the fate of Athmoor.
>>
No. 848412 ID: 0d45a9

Tell Fiddler what you saw. I'm surprised you're not squee-ing about it already, Gallows, it's not every day you meet your own god.
>>
No. 848426 ID: 7152b7

The tune was one Athmoor was playing in the Halfway. He called it "Moonlight Sonata"
I'd never heard it before, and yet knew exactly how it went.

He said it was too sad for him. He'd probably like your version better, to be honest.
>>
No. 848431 ID: 3583d1

This, and tell him to slow the song down when he plays it, it is Athmoor’s song after all...
>>
No. 848432 ID: 8a947d
File 151190782603.png - (151.75KB , 1212x826 , Flint 4.png )
848432

You hurry to Flint's room to tell him about what happened. You show him your marked map and tell him about meeting Athmoor.

Flint: I can't say I'm not skeptical, but if you have a lead on Azerite we definitely shouldn't pass it up! I'll give an order to have pagans look out for large feral demons.

Flint: We should have pagans on stand by that can investigate that Azerite site for us, unless you want to go with your group instead ? Either way we out to hurry, if it's there the enemy team might get to it before us.
>>
No. 848434 ID: 939c2b

>>848432
We need to go to the Unter. Flint's group can handle this.
>>
No. 848436 ID: 91ee5f

>>848432
Let him send a team to go investigate.

And before we go to the Unter, let's just stay here and relax for a little bit. Remember what Issei told you, "it's important to slow down sometimes Roland, it can't always be go, go, go."

I think you deserve to take a break before you go back out and do stuff. Also, you've gotta make sure you get your blood levels back up to normal, otherwise you ain't gonna have any spells!
>>
No. 848438 ID: 91ee5f

>>848436
Ask if he's gonna send anyone to take a look at the facility we found that demon in? What about the orb, did you show it to him?

Oh, and before you forget, if you're gonna bring Flint with you to the Unter, you've gotta ask him the important question! "How do you feel about spiders?"
>>
No. 848444 ID: 7152b7

Woah. IDEA.
We need to talk to Hakim! I know what to use Karas' Card for!

Trade it for information on the item brought into the world by the priests to win the game.
What it is, where it is, and how to destroy it.
It's capture or destruction is a top priority.
So long as it remains in Church hands they can remain one step ahead of us at all times.
This is unacceptable.
>>
No. 848445 ID: 91ee5f

>>848444
>Trade it for information on the item brought into the world by the priests to win the game.
Oh, yeah, let's make sure we tell Flint about that and explain that's what let the Church find our hideouts!
>>
No. 848447 ID: 9e4723

>>848444
Nice, this is actually a pretty good idea. This either puts us in a even ground or higher.
>>
No. 848459 ID: 3583d1

>>848444
Booyah! Let’s get this done!
>>
No. 848461 ID: 8a947d
File 151191886517.png - (199.58KB , 1212x826 , Hakim 2.png )
848461

You decide Flint can get a team of pagans to find the Azerite, you still have other stuff to do. Before you go you tell him about Athmoor's warning and ask for Karas' card.

After he gives it to you you head over to Hakim to give it to him.

You: Hakim! I learned the Church has access to something dangerous that they plan to use to win the game! Do you think you can use Karas to find out what it is!

Hakim: A: Stop shouting I have a headache from being decapitated. B: I'll see what I can barter for but I have no guarantee I'll get exactly what you need.

Hakim takes the card and heads back to his room. Now you'll have to wait for the results, until then you should see Ada about heading to The Unter.
>>
No. 848463 ID: 38f35c

On your way to ada try to come up with some way to repay hakim’s help. He’s been more helpful than I expected and i feel like we should at least try to reciprocate some of that.
Might also help out with trust issues.
>>
No. 848467 ID: 3ce125

Get some fuckin' food.
>>
No. 848468 ID: 9e4723

>>848463
Well we could start by thanking him for taking us back to the Gilded Cage in one piece.
>>
No. 848469 ID: d3602f

>>848468
We'll do that next time we see him. It has also been a while since we last ate, I believe. It wouldn't be too unreasonable to go to the mess hall.
>>
No. 848470 ID: 91ee5f

>>848467
Good idea.

.....hey, do you think we can get invite Ada? I mean, the kitchen here in the Gilded Cage is a shitty location for a date, but I think we could somehow make it work.

.....should probably take a shower before we go talk to Ada, anyways.
>>
No. 848471 ID: 91ee5f

>>848470
Actually, even if we're not gonna go see Ada right away, we should shower before we eat. We're still covered in demon spit from when Fiddler was spitting on us and even though Fiddler said demon spit was a good remedy, I don't exactly like the thought of touching our food with our hands covered in spit and then eating the food along with the spit.
>>
No. 848503 ID: 7152b7

>>848470
...should probably take a shower...
...hey, do you think we can get invite Ada?
Good Idea.

Fix'd
>>
No. 848883 ID: 8a947d
File 151207500105.png - (188.26KB , 1212x826 , Gilded Cage 2.png )
848883

You realize how hungry you are after almost dying today. You begin to head for the dining hall and run into Ada on the way. She's surprised to see you, and very obviously worried.

Ada: Roland! Are you okay ? That large man with the face paint was carrying you inside unconscious when he came back!
>>
No. 848884 ID: 9e4723

Oh, you know, i almost died from a demon attack and blood lost, but there is nothing like a good nap and some food can heal. Want to come?
You DO realise you forgot to wash the demon saliva off your self don't you?
>>
No. 848885 ID: f0e789

>>848883
“Today has been a very odd day, Ada. But you know it nothing a hot meal and a nap can’t fix. Care to join me for some food?”
>>
No. 848891 ID: 7152b7

>>848883
My mind was stuck in the halfway after I fought a demon. I learned alot from a ghost there.
>>
No. 848892 ID: 3ce125

>>848883
Oh she's walking around without her disguise. Does that mean she showed your friends already? How'd it go?
>>
No. 848893 ID: d3602f

>>848883
I got to play violin with my god, Fiddler learned a new song, and I found out demon spit apparently has healing properties (at least that what Fiddler told me). I think today was a pretty good day for me. Still feel a bit bad about Hakim losing his head though, feel like we should make it up to him at some point.
>>
No. 848899 ID: 8a947d
File 151207922735.png - (301.27KB , 1212x826 , Gilded Cage 3.png )
848899

>>848884
You wiped it off before you left your room, you're not going to walk around with demon spit on your face!

You: I'm fine! I almost died from blood loss met the ghost of my dead god learned some important stuff and now I'm going to get food, want to come?

Ada: ...You say that like all of it is no big deal again I swear Roland. But yeah, I have been so busy sorting things out and worrying about our meeting with the Unter I have not eaten anything at all besides breakfast!

You and Ada head to the Dining Hall and you realize her disguise is off.

You: So everybody knows you're a spider-person now ?

Ada: We are called Spinnensch, and yes. I have gotten mixed reactions but none have been too bad just general surprise, what you would expect when you first see a half spider half human.
>>
No. 848901 ID: 8a947d
File 151207965946.png - (282.27KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen.png )
848901

You and Ada go into the Kitchen, there are a bunch of trays and platters full of food and snacks along with refrigerators stocked full of ingredients. Issei and Troy are sitting at a table.

Ada leaves to get food immediately but you decide to speak with Troy and Issei first.

Issei: so we're just going to see how long it'll be before you give yourself a heart attack ?

Troy: C'mon Issei, My sandwiches are world famous. The taller the better. Eat one for breakfast lunch and dinner and you'll be feelin' stronger than ever!

Issei: the only thing anyone will feel after eating one of these things is clogged arteries. hello Roland, Troy's trying to kill himself.

Troy: There are vegetables on the sandwich!

Issei: along with bacon, ham, chicken, egg, and roast beef. the two tomatoes you put on it won't cancel out the rest of the mess on there.
>>
No. 848904 ID: d3602f

>>848901
First you eat that that clam chowder you call "food", now you are eating a huge sandwich with everything on it that probably couldn't fit your mouth? Am I the only one with a normal diet around here?
>>
No. 848906 ID: 91ee5f

>>848901
"Listen, Troy, I know you said you were gonna get Issei to try something besides strawberries, but isn't this a bit excessive?!"

And if he doesn't know about Ada, maybe give him a little heads up so that he doesn't overreact.
>>
No. 848912 ID: 3583d1

>>848901
Honestly that sandwich sounds pretty good actually, care to make me one Troy?
>>
No. 848913 ID: 3ce125

Sandwich me.
>>
No. 848915 ID: 9e4723

You have to give him points for trying to get you to try to eat new things. But i don't think giving him a whole sandwich full of things is going to work. You have to start with small things.
Oh, ask Ada about her eyes! We haven't seen them yet!
>>
No. 848929 ID: 7152b7

WAIT!
STOP!
YOU ARE MISSING THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT!

Grab 3 of Issei's Strawberries cut them in half, and place them on the sandwich.
>>
No. 848935 ID: 8a947d
File 151208913551.png - (136.42KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen 2.png )
848935

You: Are you really trying to get Issei to eat that ?

Troy: What ? Oh no this all for me! Issei wouldn't even eat one of those weird orange fruit things.

You: ...Honestly, I kinda want one.

Uma comes up from behind the counter, you didn't notice she was back there.

Uma: Why not try some of the scramble I made ? It's got green peppers, eggs, potatoes, cheese. All the good stuff!

You: Well...I can't say no to potatoes, lemme get a bite.

You take a fork and pick up a nice scoop of eggs, potatoes, and vegetables. As you blow on it you turn a little and notice Troy very adamantly shaking his head warning not to eat it, even Issei with is expressionless false face some exudes an aura of concern as you move the fork closer to your mouth. Do you still eat it ?
>>
No. 848937 ID: 813db0

you're in too far, if you back out you'll just insult her.
>>
No. 848941 ID: 7152b7

Pffft Troy's just still creeped out about Ada's spideryness.
Scrambled omelets are legit. Devour, sir.
>>
No. 848942 ID: 9e4723

I mean, you can alwas say you didn't like it. At least try it. Do you know how to cook, Roland?
>>
No. 848943 ID: 3abd97

>>848935
Eaaaaat iiiiiiiiit.
>>
No. 848946 ID: 3583d1

>>848941
Uhh, it’s Uma who made it, not Ada.

With that being said however, DO IT! Show these pussies you can eat a lot worse.
>>
No. 848947 ID: d3602f

>>848935
Whisper your prayers to Athmoor and eat it. Try to avoid tasting it though, I have a pretty good feeling that if we get a good taste we are going to be spending the rest of the day in our bed.

I didn't hear her mention fish at least, so we aren't going to be eating mutants.
>>
No. 848950 ID: 91ee5f

>>848935
>Troy and Issei silently saying, "No, don't eat that!"
Just ignore them and take a bite.

If it taste disgusting, don't tell Uma. You don't want to hurt her feelings, right?

But if Uma herself can see through your bullshit and she tells you to tell her the truth about the food, then go ahead and admit that you don't like it.

Just remember, she only wanted you to try it and you said that you'd get a bite. A single bite is all you need to take.

After that, ask everyone what they've been up to while you were gone. Be prepared for Troy and Issei to start making fun of you for passing out again.
>>
No. 848966 ID: 117b94

EAT IT YOU BITCH!
>>
No. 848976 ID: 8a947d
File 151209989709.png - (139.23KB , 1212x826 , Nom.png )
848976

You decide to take a bite regardless of the warning given by your friends.

Its...not bad. Actually it's pretty damn delicious! You haven't had potatoes this good since you left home. You don't know why anyone wouldn't eat this stuff it's amazing, Uma is an amazing chef!
>>
No. 848977 ID: 8a947d
File 151209999168.png - (149.44KB , 1212x826 , Nom 2.png )
848977

Each bite releasing more amazing flavor, the savory egg and the crispy potatoes come together to create a sort of...tingling ? Almost...hot sensation. You could even say it was...
>>
No. 848978 ID: 8a947d
File 151210028295.png - (129.83KB , 1212x826 , Nom 3.png )
848978

BURNING!

Before you can even say Satan's fiery nutsack your mouth is engulfed in flames! You can feel the skin on the inside of your mouth peeling off as more of the singing feeling crawls down your throat and into your stomach! Your entire mouth has been turned into a funerary pyre ! You'd rather give a Living Pyre a blowjob than feel this awful tongue immolating, bud blazing, esophagus melting taste in your mouth any longer!
>>
No. 848979 ID: 6f75e1

>>848978
Sounds delicious. Finish eating and ask for seconds.
>>
No. 848980 ID: 52bd63

>>848978
MILK STAT!!! And maybe a healing draft....
>>
No. 848981 ID: d3602f

>>848978
Look for milk! I hear that helps with spicy things!
>>
No. 848985 ID: a1c783

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/916/Shits_4b0362_1564208.jpg
>>
No. 848987 ID: 9e4723

Well, at least you could taste it before you lose all your sense of taste.
>>
No. 848989 ID: fe7355

Milk or cream, alcohol, sugar, milk chocolate, or chewing on some bread will help neutralize hot and spicy food. ...I'd suggest all of the above for this one.
>>
No. 848993 ID: 3ce125

UMA WHY

WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME
>>
No. 848994 ID: 91ee5f

>>848978
Don't drink water, that'll only make it worse! Drink some milk! That'll neutralize the burning!

Now I'm kinda expecting Ada to come to the rescue with a glass of milk in hand! XD
>>
No. 849000 ID: 91ee5f

>>848994
Now that I think about it, this isn't Uma's fault, this is all Roland's fault. This doesn't prove that Uma is a bad cook, since Roland said that it tasted good. He just ate too much too fast. Because if he just ate a little slower, his mouth would've slowly started warming up, which would've given him more than enough time to get some milk before he started spitting flames outta his mouth, which would've also allowed him to keep eating.
>>
No. 849005 ID: 3abd97

>>848978
It's a test, dude, tough it out.
>>
No. 849036 ID: 7152b7

Them peppers are real, yo.
It's an acquired taste, eventually, the fire will become a mild tingle.

In the meantime, Milk. It will immediately end the pain.
>>
No. 849037 ID: 830fb7

*New ability unlocked Fire Breath*
>>
No. 849112 ID: 8a947d
File 151216753587.png - (190.17KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen 3 .png )
849112

You scramble for the nearest refrigerator and down an entire bottle of milk to douse the fire in your mouth.

Uma: It's good right? My mom always told me if it's not burning the skin off of your tongue you're doing it wrong!

You: I couldn't have gotten a little warning ?

Uma: This was funnier.

Ada comes back with a plate of food and sits down at the table.

Ada: I saw all of that from over there, I think everyone in here saw that.
>>
No. 849116 ID: 11c9ff

>>849112
Alright well... how about we get some food that’s won’t burn our tongue off.
>>
No. 849117 ID: 7152b7

Oh god.
Now there's a new dilemma.
It... It was so good.
But it hurt so much.

You need more. But... Pain.

Get some more scramble. But Deffo bring a tall glass Carton of milk.
Should be manageable if you take a swig between every bite.
>>
No. 849118 ID: deec6e

>>849112

"Hooh, thank Athmoor for milk. I don't want any more, but I gotta admit it's pretty good cooking! Want to try some, Ada? We can at least have the milk ready this time. Actually, what's the cooking like in your home? You guys got any specialty recipes?"
>>
No. 849119 ID: 91ee5f

>>849112
See, what'd I tell you? She's not a bad cook, it's supposed to be like that!

Still, tell Uma that you didn't think she was the kind of person to play pranks like that. And then go get something else to eat.
>>
No. 849128 ID: d3602f

>>849117
Heck, maybe we should cover the stuff in milk first. It would not be too bad soggy, right?
>>
No. 849136 ID: 8a947d
File 151217735223.png - (169.60KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen 4.png )
849136

Despite the utter hell the scramble unleashed upon your mouth the taste was amazing enough for you to want more. You ask Uma for a bowl of it and sit down with a whole jug of milk. Ada sits across from you.

Ada: So...We must be heading to the Unter soon yes ?

You: Yeah, When's a good time.

Ada: Whenever we can. Either today or tomorrow, You did almost die today so I would understand if you wanted to stay put a little longer.

Ada: Also did you decide who you wanted to bring with you ? Three people should be good.
>>
No. 849141 ID: 7152b7

Uma is a must.
Flint or another High ranking Pagan is a must...
But who's third?

I'm Thinking Troy. He tend's to be insightful in his own unique way, and he meshes well with Uma.

Not sure if we should bring along Hakim. He's proven reliable thus far but the location of the Unter could be valuable. Don't want that ending up in a deal.

Issei would be great but he's... Unsettling to others. Not really a good pick for the first impression to a bunch of xenophobes.
>>
No. 849146 ID: 9e4723

Again with this? Man, i don't know anymore. Ask if someone offers to go, you don't have to choose everything.
>>
No. 849148 ID: 094652

We could bring another of Hakim's flunkies, they might need the exp and would be a good source of Vitamin I[smallntel[/small].
>>
No. 849152 ID: 91ee5f

>>849136
"I know for sure that I want to bring Flint. Or if he's not available, one of the other head Pagans. Uma, because she seems like someone that would be good with words and her Good Natured Trait gives her a +5 to social rolls, which would be good for negotiating. Annnnnd I can't think of a 3rd person. How about you pick? Did you meet anyone around here that you'd want to bring with us?"

Issei will understand why Roland didn't pick him, but Troy might not. So if Troy wants to know why Roland didn't pick him, then Roland should tell Troy that he thought it would be better if Troy and Issei went over to New Olmec to find Troy's sister. Because after the Church cleared out the Pagan hideout, they've probably set up their own base there and they're gonna start indoctrinating people. So Troy should probably go find his sister before the Church brainwashes her into joining them.
>>
No. 849153 ID: 11c9ff

>>849141
Think of where we are going, would they really be xenophobic to someone who might potentially be something they could relate too? That’s being someone who must hide their appearance to blend in? I doubt it would make much difference. Besides we haven’t had our main guys together for a job in a while anyway.

As for the high ranking pagan what about Ms. Killboss herself?
>>
No. 849154 ID: 3ce125

>>849136
Take Uma, some high ranking Pagan, and... well, ask Ada if her people will take offense to you bringing Issei along. He's not human.
Alternatively, we could bring Hakim. The Pagans are working with the Voodoo Men already, so we may as well have a representative with us. Plus he's friends with Uma.
>>
No. 849156 ID: 91ee5f

>>849154
Yeah, I can see Hakim working as a number 3.

But would he want to come? He also almost died and he might be in the middle of resting or using Karas to make a deal or something and wouldn't want to be disturbed.
>>
No. 849161 ID: d3602f

>>849156
Then we can do it tomorrow.
>>
No. 849211 ID: 13fded

>>849141
I support this reason.
>>
No. 849212 ID: 3ce125

Guys you forgot Troy doesn't like spiders. I don't think he'd do well in Unter.
>>
No. 849220 ID: 830fb7

>>849136
"You did almost die today"
That might as well be our default state by this point, after all we did go through the big expedition of being under constant threat by both the church and Hakim's group.
>>
No. 849253 ID: 8a947d
File 151222707440.png - (171.89KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen 5.png )
849253

Hakim's probably still working on the Karas deal.

You: Uma, Flint, and Issei. That should be good.

Ada: If you say so. No matter who comes down we need to be careful this meeting will determine if we can get more help or not.

Troy: Speakin' of more help, I got in contact with my associates. They're gettin' together and I'm goin' to bring 'em here later on. I'm makin' sure to get my best guys for this, no real criminals. Also I'm goin' to get my sister too of course. Some weird shit might be goin' down in New Olmec and I gotta get he outta there.

Ada: So Roland, do you want to go today or tomorrow ? We can leave right after we finish eating if you want to. Though... I'd understand if you want to wait a little.
>>
No. 849257 ID: 9e4723

Well, how do you feel Roland? I mean, you always are about to die from something, so unless you really feel tired and need some rest, go today.
>>
No. 849258 ID: 13fded

No reason to wait. Let's go!
>>
No. 849267 ID: 91ee5f

The only reason to wait would be to get Roland's blood back up to max.

If it's already up to max, then we might as well go after we're done eating.

Besides, if Roland is ever gonna date Ada, he's gonna have to meet her parents sooner or later, so he might as well go sooner instead of later.
>>
No. 849272 ID: 7152b7

I think today is the best option. We need to get this out of the way so we can mount our assault on the Churches Device as soon as possible.
Not only that but if the church can find the unfindable, Unter should know sooner rather than later.
>>
No. 849273 ID: 91ee5f

>>849272
Yeah, that's right! If that thing the Church has can find Pagan hideouts, then it could also let them find the hidden city of Unter!
>>
No. 849279 ID: 3583d1

Best to do this sooner rather than later. And that’s good to hear Troy! It’s always good to have more people on the team.
>>
No. 849300 ID: d3602f

Issei? Damn, I really don't want to bring him. Remember what Uma said? He doesn't have to speak, and he is still scary. Not the face of trustworthiness. Will he really be any use on a diplomatic mission?

Anyway, I think tommorrow might be best. Since we aren't in a rush, it might be good to ask Flint about how to regain summons.
>>
No. 849364 ID: 8a947d
File 151225692563.png - (93.55KB , 1212x826 , Kitchen 6.png )
849364

You: Let's go now. I'm always close to dying its basically how I live. I don't want to waste time.

After lunch you gather everybody. Flint agree's to coming along and leaves the rest of his work to Pensword.
>>
No. 849366 ID: 8a947d
File 151225751047.png - (248.70KB , 1212x826 , The Unter.png )
849366

Ada leads you out in to the wasteland in the middle of Adipedi. There's nothing around for miles and the heats beginning to get to you through your bandages.

Ada: Everybody stand over here. Get close together I do not want anyone getting left behind.

Ada turns to you.

Ada: My father probably is not in a good mood, I can only imagine how much talking it took to get us inside. When we get down there don not be rude, but do not try to kiss up to anybody they hate that.

Ada: Look people in the eyes when you talk to them and do not do any demon summoning, we may be a society build on magic but pagan magic might freak them out a little, Issei must keep his...condition under wraps, and try not to stare, they will probably stare at you but you do not stare back, DO NOT eat any mushrooms unless I look at them first, everybody stay next to me don not go off on your own. You understand ?
>>
No. 849367 ID: 3583d1

Got it.
>>
No. 849369 ID: 33cbe7

Heh heh, twin peaks.
>>
No. 849370 ID: d3602f

>>849366
Understood. We don't go summoning demons for every little thing, only in combat.

If anyone asks, Issei is our bodyguard.
>>
No. 849380 ID: 91ee5f

>>849366
>Issei must keep his...condition under wraps
"Honestly, I'm surprised everyone that's seen Issei in action isn't weirded out by him."

>and try not to stare, they will probably stare at you but you do not stare back
"It's gonna be hard for Issei to not stare, since I've never seen him blink the entire time I've known him."

>DO NOT eat any mushrooms unless I look at them first
"Wait, you think they'd try to poison us or something with those mushrooms?"

>everybody stay next to me don not go off on your own.
"Not even if someone insists that we split up with you?"

>You understand?
"Got it."
>>
No. 849392 ID: 9e4723

Issei, you already ate, right? So no wandering off to eat some putrid Spinnensch, eh?
Don't worry, Ada, i am sure we can behave ourselves.
>>
No. 849394 ID: 3abd97

You sure I wouldn't fit in more if I summoned a spider demon to ride around on?
>>
No. 849397 ID: 9e4723

>>849394
No, not only it would make it worst, but beside that, the main problem is the summoning itself. As Ada said, they are magic users, but demonic power is diferent from what theirs, and they are just distrustful in general.
>>
No. 849418 ID: 8a947d
File 151226916426.png - (217.59KB , 1212x826 , The Unter 2.png )
849418

You: Wait, you think they'd try to poison us or something with those mushrooms?

Ada: Not intentionally, but I am not sure what humans can and cannot from the Unter.

You: Anyway, I'm sure we'll stay on our best behavior you've got nothing to worry about.

Issei:...what would a spider-person taste like ?

Ada: Good let us be on our way then.

You look around and notice that you're no longer on the surface anymore.

You: W-We're already here? How'd that happen so fast?

Ada: Same way everything happens down here. Magic.
>>
No. 849420 ID: 8a947d
File 151226972862.png - (450.70KB , 1212x1653 , The Unter 3.png )
849420

Your party steps out of the large warp facility you teleported into. The Unter is large, larger than any city you've seen. The cavern it's in is huge, you have no idea how deep underground you must be. The cavern roof is lined with luminescent mushrooms and other fungus that help light the city along with the electronic lights that the tall buildings emit.

As you walk down into the front of the building you instantly feel tons of eyes on you. Everybody is staring at your group, which was to be expected but is still disconcerting.

Ada: There should be a pick up for us at any moment...It occurs to me that it might be harder to get my father and the Konich to warm up to you than I thought.

You: ...Why's that ?

Ada: You're missing an eye, covered head to toe in bandages; underneath which hide odd scar patterns, and are carrying dead meat, bones, and other odd items.

Issei: and you were worried about me looking weird...
>>
No. 849424 ID: d3602f

>>849420
Er, maybe we should have left our pack outside... still, we are the only one of our group Ada really knows. Better than her trying to get them to trust a group of strangers she just met.
>>
No. 849427 ID: 3ce125

>>849420
Okay. Take off the bandages.
>>
No. 849428 ID: 9e4723

Hmm, that might be a problem, yes. Ask her what does she suggest that would help. Maybe if you take off your bandages, or hide or summon materials? I mean, you can't help it about your runes, you didn't chuse to have them, and it has bouth a cultural significance and a utility use. Maybe you should try to make them understand that you are diferent, but it doesn't mean that you can't by at peace with each other. After all,your objetive is to ensure the survival of bouth of your and his people.
>>
No. 849429 ID: 91ee5f

>>849418
>...what would a spider-person taste like?
"I heard that Issei. Please don't do it."

>>849420
>You're missing an eye, covered head to toe in bandages; underneath which hide odd scar patterns
"Well, that just feels insulting. Being judged by my appearance like that."

>and are carrying dead meat, bones, and other odd items.
"I'm not gonna to summon anything, so I'm not gonna use any of it. Although, I'd like to point out that some of the odd items I've got are things that you sold to me."
>>
No. 849431 ID: 91ee5f

>>849428
>you didn't choose to have them
Actually, I think he did choose to have them.
>>
No. 849433 ID: d3602f

>>849431
He was told he was born with them, but Flint told us that children with a lot of aether energy need the ruins to avoid getting hurt.

Actually, it said that we reach our peak at 20, and I think we should be around that age. Flint, would it be safe to remove our ruins after the growing process?
>>
No. 849434 ID: 9e4723

>>849431
No I dont think so. He did not even know what a "rune child" was until Flint told him about it. I think Roland explained that he has had them since he was a child in one of the first threads, and later Flint explained to him what they were when he realized that he had no idea.
>>
No. 849435 ID: 9e4723

>>849433
Oh shit, i forgot aboute that. Roland is going to be so broken if that hapens! In the good way!
>>
No. 849436 ID: 91ee5f

>>849433
Removing the runes would require using magic! And we can't do that here because Ada already told us not to do shit that would make the people of the Unter distrust us even more than they already do!
>>
No. 849438 ID: d3602f

>>849436
We don't really know that it would require magic, but she just said no demon summoning. This is just removing markings on our body. But I suppose we could also ask Ada if she thinks it might be reasonable for us to use magic to remove them.
>>
No. 849441 ID: 13fded

>>849438
We just entered the magic capital. Why don't ask someone here to magically erase the scars? Maybe Ada know something about that.
>>
No. 849442 ID: 91ee5f

>>849438
>>849441
How about we keep the runes and wait until we leave the Unter before we try to remove them!
>>
No. 849444 ID: 8a947d
File 151227488312.png - (274.54KB , 1212x826 , The Unter 4.png )
849444

You: Are you suggesting I remove my bandages ? That would leave the issue of the runes underneath...Is it possible to remove these ?

Flint: I mean they're scarred onto your skin. You're not getting those off anytime soon.

Ada: Regardless, I do not want you changing too much about yourself. What you look like shouldn't be too important, that is something I want to get across to them. I am just saying it will not be as easy as I though before.

Flint: They shouldn't care what we look like when they figure out their entire way of life and existence is at stake.

Issei: ...is that bird ? what's a bird doing down here ?

Uma: It looks more like a moth than a bird. That's still pretty odd, I didn't know moths would be this far down here.

You hear the sound of humming and whirring as a large metal machine descends from the sky and lands in front of you.

Ada: Our ride is here. Roland you are not afraid of flying are you ?
>>
No. 849445 ID: 9e4723

I guess is up to Ada really. The original idea was to take off the bandages, but we can't be sure if the results will be positive, and even less with removing the runes altogether.
>>
No. 849448 ID: 9e4723

>>849445
GOD DAMN IT, late again!

We have flown before, no problems here.
>>
No. 849449 ID: d3602f

>>849444
If we can ride a Hunter-Killer Hawk, this should be no problem.
>>
No. 849455 ID: 11c9ff

We’ve flown on things a lot smaller and scarier and with a lot greater risk. So no, flying is not an issue.
>>
No. 849456 ID: 91ee5f

>>849444
>Issei and Uma are distracted.
Make sure they pay attention and don't get left behind.

>Our ride is here. Roland you are not afraid of flying are you?
"No. Uma, Issei, Flint, you guys afraid of flying?"
>>
No. 849459 ID: ba506f

>afraid of flying are you
no clue, let's find out.
>>
No. 849460 ID: 91ee5f

>>849459
Roland has flown on an airship in Thread 2. It's safe to assume that he's not afraid of flying.
>>
No. 849501 ID: 7152b7

Nah I can fly.
Also, Remove bandages.
>>
No. 849527 ID: b00d73

>>849444
"I've been on an airship before and was even carried by one of my flying summons. I'm cool with flying!"
>>
No. 849529 ID: 91ee5f

>>849444
>Regardless, I do not want you changing too much about yourself. What you look like shouldn't be too important, that is something I want to get across to them.
"Awww, thanks Ada. I think you shouldn't change either."
>>
No. 849567 ID: 8a947d
File 151232653624.png - (446.49KB , 1212x826 , The Unter 5.png )
849567

You: I've flown before, I'll be fine.

Ada: Good, everybody hop on.

Your party boards the vertibird. The pilot greet's Ada in the odd language they speak. He's much less human looking than Ada having large fangs and horn like protrusions coming from his head. The pilot eye's you and your party suspiciously. He says something which causes Ada snap back at him annoyed. You take off soon after.
>>
No. 849568 ID: 8a947d
File 151232706472.png - (596.13KB , 1212x826 , The Unter 6.png )
849568

The bright lights coming from the building and ceiling of the Unter is unlike anything you've seen before. You're curious to how this place was created, was the cavern natural or mined out and inhabited ? Below you see more lights in the street zooming around and moving, car's seem to be a commodity here. The Unter certainly seems to be thriving.

Ada: That tower over there, the large one ?, it is one of four conduit towers that help power the Unter. Even if one breaks down systems are in place to make sure the city can get enough power from the rest.

Ada: Down there is a very nice park I would always visit before. There are no trees down here but giant mushrooms are everywhere.

Ada: I may have left but it feels good to be home...I wish it were on better terms...what if this does not work Roland ? Will I have to leave my family behind if we can not convince them ? They will have to listen when they learn how important this is, right ?
>>
No. 849569 ID: 13fded

Hopefully. At the very least we should bring some of your people with us.
If things don't work out it won't be like you will be leaving them, they will perish.
>>
No. 849570 ID: d3602f

>>849568
"I understand that you are scared, they are still your family. If it helps, even they don't give us aid, I can at least promise a place for them if we win. I'm just worried that without their help, we might not win. The Church wouldn't be as magnanimous."

"But that is why we have to win. I don't want them to kill any more people. They may do it for power, but I just want to protect people. If we win this, we won't close our doors to those who would not ally with us."
>>
No. 849571 ID: 9e4723

"They HAVE to listen to you. You and I have bouth seen first hand what they are capable of, the damage they have done to the world. And if they win, they will eventually find out this place, if we all still exist by then. But if we win, you will no only be safe from them, but you wont have to hide anymore! It is a lot of risk, but it will be worth it."
>>
No. 849572 ID: 91ee5f

>>849568
>Bugs flying around.
I wonder how excited Uma is?

>what if this does not work Roland? Will I have to leave my family behind if we can not convince them? They will have to listen when they learn how important this is, right?
Put your hand on her shoulder to calm her down. Tell her that you'll try your best to convince them to help. And if they don't believe our words, they maybe they'll believe their eyes? We could try to convince someone to come and look at the Gilded Cage with us and speak with the Administrator. You'll find a way.

Uh, how about asking why she left home? Unless she doesn't want to talk about it.
>>
No. 849577 ID: deec6e

>>849568

Ada... I don't think your people have to do anything they don't want to. It's not like we can force 'em to join us, for one! And you guys are super-advanced, living safe, comfortable lives, looks like. People wouldn't want to throw that away, tear up their roots from the one safe place they know of in the world just to join a big be all end all throw-down between the bloody pagans and the oppressive church. Not on the mere suggestion of some supposed end-of-the-world scenario. For all you guys know, it could be a really silly, stupid trick, or we're just plain wrong, or whatever. Heck, even if we convince your leaders, your civilians might have a hard time understanding and believing the why and what for!

It's not gonna be as easy as just presenting the evidence, with your support, I think. There's gonna be concerns of politics, strategy, secrecy, a whole mess, I guess... but it's part of what makes you worth saving. You're people, too, and you're not assholes like the Church - just isolationists, and who'd blame you for that with the way the world's been of late?

Don't worry, though. I brought some of the best folks I could think of with me - Issei, in case of trouble and evil intent, Uma, for her love of the entomological and her kind way with words, and Flint, to sell the value of what we Pagans know and can do. We're all gonna do our best here... and we have you, too, to help us.

And best case scenario, we get your leaders' buy-in for long enough to really prove that what us pagans are saying is true. Then we get your people's actual support, and they can get started on the logistics of settling into the Gilded. It's not gonna be easy, but it sure as heck's gonna beat the alternative.

Worst case... I suppose they'll laugh or sneer at our story and boot us out. If that happens... well, it's up to you what you want to do. If I were you, I'd stay here, talk it out with whoever I could, and then come back to us. The Gilded will be open for folks from Unter.

... actually, worst worst case, they believe us, but decide they'd rather try to negotiate with the church instead. Boy, that'd sure suck. Flint? Can you field the question of how well our conflict has been going against the church without making us sound like the underdoggiest underdogs? I know me and my team has been dunking on priests for a while now, but the pagans did just take a pretty nasty blow.
>>
No. 849579 ID: 3583d1

>>849577
This is great! Let’s go with this.
>>
No. 849604 ID: 9e4723

>>849577
Yee. Not all of it, but go with this.
>>
No. 849619 ID: 8a947d
File 151234738588.png - (174.38KB , 1212x826 , The Unter 7.png )
849619

You: I'm sure once we share our information they'll have to think about it but...they don't have to listen if they don't want to. I'm sure your family will know you wouldn't lie about something like this, but as for the rest of the Unter I'm not sure. This definitely won't be a simple char, I'm sure this discussion will concern politics, strategy, secrecy, a whole mess of complicated issues.

You: We're going to try our best but if worst comes to worst, the next best thing would be convincing your family to come with us so they would at least have a chance at surviving.

Ada: ...You are right. My father has already allowed me to bring you, he must be willing to listen.

The vertibird begins to land on a large building. Outside of the landing zone three more Spinnensch stand waiting for you.
>>
No. 849620 ID: 8a947d
File 151234741526.png - (240.59KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Family 1.png )
849620

You're greeted by Ada's family upon landing. She runs towards them and is swooped up in a group hug. They talk happily for while before she introduces you to them.

Ada: You guys, this is my Mother Ines, my Father Sascha, and my younger Brother Ludgir.

She then introduces her parents to you, her father doesn't seem to thrilled to have any of you here. He speaks with a heavy accent

Sascha: I hope zis vas important enough for you to be brought down here. I do not need trouble from das Konich because I allowed access to outsiders for no good reason.

Ines: Bitte Sascha, Ada würde ohne Grund keine Außenseiter herbringen! Darüber sollten wir sowieso nicht reden. Lass uns zum Essen gehen, ich koche den ganzen Tag für unsere Gäste!

Sascha: Sie sind keine Gäste! Sie sind nur mehr Ärger für uns! Denkst du nicht, dass wir genug Probleme haben, ohne Außenseiter zu beherbergen?

Ines: Du sagst, dass, wie unsere eigene Tochter, ohne Grund zu Ärger in unser Haus bringen würde, du redest, als hättest du absolut kein Vertrauen in das was auch immer!

The two continue to continue to...argue ? While Ada looks on embarrassed Ludgir walks up to you and your group.

Ludgir: They do that sometimes don't worry. Do you want to go inside to wait for this to be over ? It could take a while.
>>
No. 849621 ID: d3602f

>>849620
Sure, I don't think it would be a good idea to get in the way of their arguing anyway.

(Oh god, Ludgir is so cute)
>>
No. 849622 ID: 9e4723

"As long as you don't mind, yes, we will wait inside. Also, i have a funny feeling about it, but do you mind telling us what were they talking about? If is okay to "eavesdrop", of course."
>>
No. 849624 ID: 33cbe7

>>849622
No need, Roland took a bit of Spiderling in grade school! They're apprehensive about his arrival, as expected. From their tone, it's evident Ines has a little more faith in this endeavor.
>>
No. 849626 ID: 9e4723

>>849624
Nah, there is something else in there, i am sure of it. Come on, Come on, give us the details Ludgir!
>>
No. 849630 ID: 91ee5f

>>849620
Yeah, let's go inside and wait.
>>
No. 849634 ID: 11c9ff

Let’s head inside and let the parents work it out.
>>
No. 849645 ID: d74f6f

>>849620
Sounds like they have problems besides harboring outsiders, so they are a bit on edge right now.
We would have to handle negotiations carefully and with caution, so not to upset anyone too much.
>>
No. 849653 ID: 3ce125

Well if they have problems, maybe we can help?
>>
No. 849654 ID: 91ee5f

>>849653
We are the problem.
>>
No. 849660 ID: 3ce125

>>849654
I translated what they're saying. They have other problems.
>>
No. 849661 ID: 91ee5f

>>849660
Really? I thought a couple of outsiders (us) were the problem?
>>
No. 849663 ID: 094652

Okay, problem #1: how do you convince an entire megacity to ditch most of their assets and squeeze into a ballroom hotel the size of a small village? Focus negotiations on that.

For now, ask if you can hire engineers to build miniaturized versions of this tech. Nothing powerful, just for communications and surveillance at the Gilded Cage.
>>
No. 849665 ID: d3602f

>>849663
Maybe we should first convince them that the world is going to end and that if they want to will need to be in the winner's Guilded Cage. Until they agree to an alliance, there is no way they are going to give us any of their tech. That stuff is what keeps the outsiders from destroying them, and they would never give it away unless they think they will die otherwise.

Get them on our side, then talk tech.
>>
No. 849666 ID: 9e4723

Nah, there is definitely something juicy in that arguing. Then again, it's bad education to snoop in other people conversations. BUT, it is of bad education too, to be talking about someone that is right in front of them in a language that they don't undersand. So i don't think it's unfair to ask Ludgirwhat are they talking about, as long as he is ok with it.
>>
No. 849675 ID: 91ee5f

>>849663
>how do you convince an entire megacity to ditch most of their assets and squeeze into a ballroom hotel the size of a small village?
If you were paying attention, then you'd already know that the Adminiatrator has already mentioned that the Gilded Cage can fit a lot of people in it. Which means there is more than enough room for the entire city of the Unter to fit in there.
>>
No. 849676 ID: 767ae9

Ludgir is way too cute.
>>
No. 849678 ID: 830fb7

Say to Ada's parents: "Tut mir leid ich wollte nicht so viel Aufruhr verursachen, alles, was ich tun wollte, ist Unter der was kommen könnte, zu warnen. Tut mir leid, wenn ich etwas auf meinen Reisen hier verursacht oder wenn ich alles wegen verursachen das wissen möchte ich aber wenn es, wie ich lieber hilft als sterben würde lassen Schäden kommen Ada oder alles, was sie lieb." (Sorry I didn't mean to cause so much turmoil, all I wanted to do is warn the Unter of what may be coming . I'm sorry if I caused anything due to my travels here or if I cause anything due to the knowledge I wish to give but If it helps any I would rather die than let any harm come to Ada or anything she holds dear.)
It should end the argument and if it doesn't you could say you are willing to go through anything he deems fit to prove himself.
Even going so-far as removing his bandages to show who and what he is while building trust.
>>
No. 849679 ID: 3ce125

>>849678
I'd advise against Gallows using the language since he should not know it. He won't even know where the knowledge comes from!
>>
No. 849680 ID: 11c9ff

>>849679
In other words, let’s not metagame here.
>>
No. 849681 ID: 9b80a5

also offering to help may be viewed as a faux pas or offense of some kind due to culture differences
>>
No. 849695 ID: 91ee5f

>>849678
No, don't say any of that. Roland isn't supposed to know their language.

>>849681
I agree, don't offer help unless they ask for it.
>>
No. 849701 ID: 7152b7

>>849678
>>849679
>>849680

Yeah... Unless Gallows has Azurite in his possession or we have some sort of good excuse we shouldn't give him too much outside info.
Without a bunch of Azurite Gallows perceives us as his own thoughts. Best not to let him understand a language he clearly doesn't know, he might freak out a little.
>>
No. 849724 ID: 9e4723

I agree with the "not knowing their language" option, it will make things more fun!
Besides, it wouldn't make any sense in this scenario.
That is why i incist that we interact with Ada's little brother. We can pass the time asking things to him. And he is way to adorable.
>>
No. 849743 ID: 8a947d
File 151241001385.png - (255.32KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Family 2.png )
849743

>>849678
You'd definitely say all of this is if you knew what any of it meant.

Ludgir and Ada lead you into the house as their parents continue arguing outside. The inside of the house is spacious and very well kept. Ludgir and Ada sit at a small table in the kitchen, you join them.

Ludgir: Father has been a bit on edge lately. There have been a few issues with his work lately. I don't know if I can talk about it in front of others.

Ada: I was only gone for a few months...has it really gotten to be that bad ?

Ludgir: Kirche have always been a problem, lately they've been getting a little more aggressive. I don't know a lot about it but there is good reason for Father to be a little angry as of late. I'm excited to hear your reasoning behind bringing surface people down here.

Ada's parents walk into the house. Ada's mom goes to bring out a tray of tea.

Sascha: I am...sorry I acted so rudely ven I vas ze one to invite you. I am sure whatever reason you are here must be important if my daughter vas ze one to bring you here. Vat news do you have to share
>>
No. 849744 ID: 3ce125

>>849743
Okay, here's the deal. You've seen how the environment on the surface has gotten worse over time, right? Turns out that's happened several times before. The world has ended several times before, then reborn through a kind of game. Each time, two opposing factions raced to be the first to gather a large quantity of Azerite. Whoever won was able to take their allies into the new world, but whoever lost was erased. The game has started, and it's the Church vs the Pagans. We're looking for allies.
>>
No. 849748 ID: 13fded

The world is going to end and we need help defeating the church guys to secure passage to the next.
>>
No. 849751 ID: 9e4723

>>849744
Yeah, this is pretty much it in a nutshell. It is not only the Pagans thoght. They are the ones who lead the "red" team, but others have joined os in the fray against the Church, tired of thier abuse of power. So, basicly, we are making a revolution. A big one.
>>
No. 849759 ID: 2ec04d

>>849743
The world is ending. It's us against them.
>>
No. 849761 ID: 9e4723

OH WAIT, didn't Ada said that she should explain everything, let her do the talking?
>>
No. 849764 ID: 7152b7

The World Forge will once again activate soon.
When it does, the whole world will be unmade, and remade in the image of whoever claims it.

Unter is in grave danger.
Once the World Forge is lit, Unter and all who inhabit it will be erased from existence.
Only those who are inside the golden walls of the guilded cage of the victorious will be spared.

Two Forces contest it. A Pagan Coalition on one end, The Regent Church on the other.
>>
No. 849766 ID: 91ee5f

>>849744
This, but don't say it's the Church vs the Pagans, that makes it sound like only the Pagans have something to gain from winning.

Instead, say it's the Church vs everyone else, that way it sounds like the Pagans aren't the only ones that will gain something from winning.
>>
No. 849774 ID: 3583d1

>>849744
>>849764

These, but let Ada try and explain it first. If she is unsure how to proceed we can step in and help her.
>>
No. 849798 ID: d3602f

Let Ada explain, pitch in if she needs help. Don't call our team "the Pagans", just say those who are against the Church and who wish to live.
>>
No. 849817 ID: 91ee5f

>>849798
This!
>>
No. 849819 ID: 8a947d
File 151242866714.png - (99.19KB , 1212x826 , Sascha 1.png )
849819

You tell Sascha everything. The war, the Gilded Cage, the Church, and the red team.

Ada: And no matter who wins everybody else on earth will definitely be erased from existence if they do not participate! My first and primary concern is my family's safety, and if getting my people to aid in this war helps us than I must try to get their aid.

Sascha: Meine Gute, Ada you do understand how ridiculous zat sounds do you not ? It is not a matter of me not believing you, It is ze matter of ze Konich and ze Unterrat believing you!

Flint chimes in.

Flint: Sascha sir, Ada has also left out the important detail of the Church having a way to find the Unter now. The Pagans are a secret organization that have stayed hidden for years, but in one day thousands of Church forces stormed 15 strongholds out of nowhere.

Flint: We've gathered intel saying that the Church has come into possession of a powerful weapon that could be used to find all of you and take everything you've worked so hard to keep secret.

It seems to have dawned on Sascha just how dire the situation is.

Sascha: ...Das kann nicht sein, No vonder ze Kirche have been getting more aggressive. If vat you say is true zen ve need to speak vis ze Konich and ze Unterrat immediately !
>>
No. 849820 ID: 2ec04d

>>849819
Aether scan a few times along the way, as well as during the meeting with the leaders. This is the worst time for an ambush, which means it's the most likely time. Make sure everyone else knows to keep an eye or three out.
>>
No. 849822 ID: 91ee5f

>>849819
>...Das kann nicht sein, No vonder ze Kirche have been getting more aggressive. If vat you say is true zen ve need to speak vis ze Konich and ze Unterrat immediately!
I'm just gonna guess that "Kirche" means "Church" and he's got a heavy accent.

Ask when the Church started to become more aggressive? Because if they started to become more aggressive around the same time that 15 of our Pagan hideouts were attacked, then that might mean that the Church knows where the Unter is now!

>>849820
There's no need. The Church may have gotten more aggressive, but they're still successfully being held back. And they may believe us, but that doesn't mean that they trust us yet, so no using Pagan magic around them.

Also, don't waste blood. It'll suck if we need it later but don't have any left.
>>
No. 849834 ID: 9e4723

If Kirche IS the Church, then we need to act fast. They may be capable of hold then for some time, but the sooner we can start mooving people out of here, the better. If he Konich and the Unterrat need proof of what we are saying, they can find it en the Gilded Cage. What would it take to convince them, if they don't listen?
>>
No. 849850 ID: 8a947d
File 151243641835.png - (303.77KB , 1212x826 , Ada's House 1.png )
849850

You: Great! Than lets head over now and-

Sascha: Ve must vait before ve can. I need to call zem, assemble ze Unterrat, notify ze Konich. After I get confirmation zen ve can go to discuss zis.

Sascha walks to call the Konich. In the meantime your group just sort of sits and waits with tea and cookies. Ada sits next to you.

Ada: The Unterrat is the council that operates with the Konich. I am sure you have guessed that "Kirche" means Church, it seems like the Unter has notice increased movement in their forces.

You: The Unter probably won't be found right away, there's got to be a limit to the Churches weapon otherwise they would have won the game by now and found every hideout we have. We just need to act fast before they activate it again.

Ada: ...You are right. Even if they do find the Unter I know there are emergency procedures in place but still! I can't help but worry about this...being around you and my family is helping though...This might take a while though, The Unterrat does not just get together on a whim so it could be a little while.
>>
No. 849851 ID: bccf1a

>>849850
I understand, but when it comes to "end of the world situations" that have real evidence and situations that maybe harmful to people, that usually makes people listen.

*hug ye spider girl, kiss if appropriate*
>>
No. 849852 ID: a633c6

Did we ever ask her why she left here?
>>
No. 849854 ID: 3ce125

>>849850
Well, at least that gives us an excuse to spend more time together.
>>
No. 849856 ID: d3602f

>>849850
Well, while we're waiting I just have to ask. How do you grow tea underground?
>>
No. 849858 ID: 91ee5f

>>849850
>In the meantime your group just sort of sits and waits with tea and cookies.
Ask Ada if either are safe for humans to eat and if she says yes, then have some tea and/or cookies.

>Ada sits next to you.
So that's what a Spinnensch looks like when they're sitting down.

Ask Ada why she left the Unter? And after she answers, say, "I bet you never thought you'd be caught up in something like this, huh?"

>>849851
>*hug ye spider girl, kiss if appropriate*
I don't think either of those are appropriate in front of Ada's family.

I would recommend just patting her on the shoulder.
>>
No. 849860 ID: 9e4723

>>849851
Woah there, we are just starting to know her, we will have time for that later. Besides, i don't think this is the best place and moment.
>>
No. 849861 ID: 91ee5f

>>849854
If Roland actually says that, then I just have to say this to Roland: Be prepared for your friends and/or Ada's family to embarrass you and Ada by saying something about how both of you make a cute couple or something similar to that! XD
>>
No. 849868 ID: 9e4723

>>849861
100% sure the father is going to want to kill Roland and the mother will approve unconditionally.
>>
No. 849870 ID: 830fb7

While we are here we should ask for permission so Ada can teach us some Arcamagic, worst case scenario we get scolded and told no, best case scenario they say yes, but it is more likely they will set limits to that which you will be allowed to know. They know you wont go around spreading the secret but to be sure show them your markings and say that they are the reason that even amongst your own you are rare and always being hunted by others. Explain that to be born to these markings you are doomed to people constantly trying to kill you and as such the information would not spread because you would be dead long before anyone gets the chance to take it.
>>
No. 849871 ID: d3602f

>>849870
I'm not sure their magic is that simple. Even the simplest of tech could take years of study to make. It would probably be easier to just ask for them to build us the weapons.
>>
No. 849878 ID: 91ee5f

>>849870
How about no, don't ask them to teach us.

>>849871
>Easier to ask them to build weapons.
True, but let's not ask them to do that yet. We still need to negotiate with the main leaders. So don't assume that we've won them over already.
>>
No. 849903 ID: 7152b7

You know... I've I've fought guards, soldiers, priests, giant beasts, cultists, shards of gods... Hell today I fought an aspect of hatred itself...
But... When Hakim comes back with the info on the weapon...
This next fight. It's gonna suck. I just really hope we're prepared for it.

---
Snuggle ye spider girl.
>>
No. 849904 ID: 91ee5f

>>849903
>Snuggle ye spider girl.
Not appropriate to do in front of her family.

.....unless Ada snuggles up to Roland, then it's fair game.
>>
No. 849947 ID: 8a947d
File 151248982245.png - (302.97KB , 1212x826 , Ada's House 2.png )
849947