[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 879792)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 152433003454.png - (4.53KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
879792 No. 879792 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads:
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/827428.html
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/842528.html
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/868410.html

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html

Wiki Page: https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd
Expand all images
>>
No. 879793 ID: 15a025
File 152433007982.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
879793

Tuesday Morning, 11 A.M.
Icy Pines Police Department, Front Desk.

Candy: "Thanks for holding on to that for me Officer Freeze"

I put my earring back on.

Officer Freeze: "Ready to hear your results?"

Candy: "Yeah!"
>>
No. 879794 ID: 15a025
File 152433013101.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
879794

Officer Nibbles moves the computer mouse around and brings up my test on the computer.

Officer Nibbles: "Way to go Candy, you barely passed it!"

Candy: "Nice! Wait, barely?"

Officer Nibbles: "If you would have got two more questions wrong you would have failed it!"

Officer Freeze gives me a nervous look.

Candy: "Hey come on now, I only two days to study! Anyway, does this mean you can give me a-"
>>
No. 879795 ID: 15a025
File 152433018581.png - (5.38KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
879795

Officer Nibbles: "Yes, but also no. You need to go through a training course with one of us first!"

Candy: "So in other words another test I need to study for?"

Officer Freeze: "Oh no, it's a hands on course."

Officer Nibbles: "There's a problem with it though!"

Candy: "And what would that be?"

Officer Freeze: "Our uh...testing site is a little bit away from town."

Candy: "How far away from town?"

Officer Nibbles: "A two hours drive to get there far!"

Officer Freeze: "If you really want, we can head out today. Otherwise you'll have to schedule another time to go."

Officer Nibbles: "If you're busy or don't feel like it today, I could put you to work and have you do some investigating!"
>>
No. 879798 ID: b1b4f3

DO IT
>>
No. 879806 ID: 91ee5f

>>879794
>Barley passed the test.
Yeah, that’s what I expected would happen when you were only given 2 days to study. But still, you passed, so congratulations!

>>879795
>Need to take a training course before you can get a permit.
That’s to be expected. They’ve gotta make sure you can properly use enchantments without hurting yourself or others before they can give you a permit and an enchantment.

>Testing site is 2 hours drive out of town.
Is there a reason it’s that far away?

>Head to testing site now or schedule it for some other time?
I think you might as well go to the testing site now instead of waiting until later!
>>
No. 879980 ID: 15a025
File 152441493736.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
879980

>Is there a reason it’s that far away?
Candy: "Is there a reason it's so far away?"

Officer Freeze: "To keep it somewhat hidden from the public, and to make sure nothing strays off and burns everything down. "

Candy: "Seems a little over the top, but understandable."

>I think you might as well go to the testing site now instead of waiting until later!
>DO IT!
Candy: "Alright, I guess I better go today then."

Officer Nibbles: "Officer Freeze, get going on those calls. Let the officers know what's going on! After that, grab some gear. Candy, stuff me in your sweater and head to the garage!"

Candy: "Why?"

Officer Nibbles: "Because I don't really feel like walking all the way over there with these tiny little legs! Plus it looks cozy...
>>
No. 879981 ID: 15a025
File 152441495341.png - (4.96KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
879981

After waiting in the car for a little bit, Officer Freeze shows up and we hit the road in the cop car. It feels really weird riding shot gun in one of these. The few times I've rode in one, it's always been in the back seat. It's a pretty long and boring ride other than that. I have to sit quietly while both of them send out and listen for messages on the radio.
>>
No. 879982 ID: 15a025
File 152441500854.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
879982

Officer Freeze passes up a small cabin and heads through a path into a clearing in the woods where she drops us off.

Candy: "So, your testing place is just a lake way out in the woods?"

Officer Freeze: "It's a very peaceful and calm area. It's proven to be our most successful area for testing and training. More importantly, there's lots out here to run more extreme and involved training exercises."

Candy: "Like?"

Officer Freeze: "We've used the lake to help train others to survive under water using water enchantments."

Officer Nibbles: "Speaking of. Officer Breeze, break out the case!"
>>
No. 879983 ID: 15a025
File 152441504732.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
879983

Officer Breeze heads back to the car and comes back with a metal suit case and some kind of ring or collar?

Officer Nibbles: "Alright Candy you've got a couple choices. Since your earring doesn't really have any enchantments we can use to test you, we brought one of each element out of storage to lend you."

Candy: "Cool, but that kind of means I'd have to take off my earring to use one then."

Officer Nibbles: "That's where the collar comes in. We call an enchantment limiter. It's a very expensive experimental device we've been testing."

Candy: "Okay, so what's it do?"

Officer Nibbles: "It basically lets you use two enchantment stones of the same element without them breaking each other."

Candy: "Where's the limiter part fit into this?"

Officer Nibbles: "It weakens both the enchantments so they can't fight for control over all your energy and shatter each other. Which also doubles as a cautionary thing for training. You won't have to worry about burning down the forest with it on."

Candy: "Do I have to wear it?"

Officer Nibbles: "No, but then you'd have to take off your earring."

Candy: "What kind of enchantments did you bring?"

Officer Freeze: "We've got one that shoots fire balls, one that fires beams of light, one that coats the ground with slippery ice, and one that can make small pits in the ground."

Officer Nibbles: "You can pick whatever you'd like. Make sure you're going to stick with what you pick though. Learning how to use these isn't easy and takes a lot of time."
>>
No. 879991 ID: 3abd97

>Candy, stuff me in your sweater
Pfffffffff

>limiter versus taking off earring
I don't suppose we could just turn ourselves off every time you go to fire off an offensive spell?

Oh. Hmmm. What element were we again? The blindar worked off soul-sight, the advice or talking is probably the same element, but Rainy picked up an earth spike spell. I forget if that was enchanted through us or if she learned that naturally.

>"We've got one that shoots fire balls, one that fires beams of light, one that coats the ground with slippery ice, and one that can make small pits in the ground."
Hmm. I feel like ice has limited utility in the middle of winter, although as a plus, it's easy to cover up / use covertly / has deniability ("that ice patch was there the whole time I swear!").

Earth pits have some utility, but we already went that route with Rainy.

Light is pretty much the go-to anti chimera element, but so far all we have are suspicions, not an actual sighting.

I really think you wanna go with fireballs. Fire's a lot of fun as an element, and there are bonus applications in the current environment (keep people warm, melt snow or ice that's in the way, shoot upwards for signal flares).
>>
No. 879995 ID: 91ee5f

>>879983
Jeez, if you have to take us off every time you need to cast a spell, then everyone that knows how enchantments work will know that we’re a magic earring, which pretty much includes everyone that lives in Sugar’s mansion.

This would be an easier decision if we knew what element we were. I mean, Rainy had pretty much the same enchantment for us voices on her necklace, which she called her “spooky guide spirits”, and she picked up earth magic easily. But I’m not sure if that means us voices are an earth enchantment or if that means that we can easily be paired with any 1 element without any draw backs.

>What element?
I’d say pick fire. If anything, you could at least be able to warm yourself up a little.
>>
No. 879996 ID: 91ee5f

>>879995
Oh yeah! Ask them if they have the key for the collar so it can be taken off. Because it would really suck if it accidentally got stuck on you and you’d be unable to take it off!
>>
No. 880000 ID: 15a025
File 152442595877.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
880000

>Jeez, if you have to take us off every time you need to cast a spell, then everyone that knows how enchantments work will know that we’re a magic earring, which pretty much includes everyone that lives in Sugar’s mansion.
This is might be more of short term problem though. If I can find a jeweler somewhere in town and another enchantment stone, I can have them fuse you with it and gain it's enchantment. Problem is most stones can only be enchanted with four or five things, and I don't know what else your enchanted with?

>What element were we again?
>This would be an easier decision if we knew what element we were
Oh, you're in a fire enchantment stone. Sorry if I forgot to mention that earlier.

>[what element are the voices?]
I should just ask Officer Nibbles this actually.

Candy: "Quick question Officer Nibbles. My earring is a fire enchantment stone, so does that mean all the enchantments I have in it are considered fire based enchantments?"

Officer Nibbles: "Normally yes. However, all the enchantments your earring has are actually neutral. You could find them on any type of stone."

>Ask them if they have the key for the collar so it can be taken off.
Candy: "Another question, you've got the key to that collar right?"

Officer Freeze: "It doesn't need one. It's got a neat little buckle system on the back."
>>
No. 880001 ID: 15a025
File 152442599166.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
880001

>I really think you wanna go with fireballs. Fire's a lot of fun as an element, and there are bonus applications in the current environment (keep people warm, melt snow or ice that's in the way, shoot upwards for signal flares).
>I’d say pick fire. If anything, you could at least be able to warm yourself up a little.
Candy: "Alright give me the collar, I'll go with fire."

Officer Freeze helps me put the collar on and sticks the enchantment stone in the slot. It's a lot more heavy than it looks!

Candy: "What is this made out of, lead or something?"

Officer Freeze: "Sorry! I should have mentioned it'll feel weird for a couple minutes while the enchantments balance out."

Candy: "No kidding!"
>>
No. 880003 ID: 15a025
File 152442608941.gif - (324.24KB , 800x600 , 10.gif )
880003

After waiting for this thing to get its act together, it lightens up a little. That or I'm just getting used to hauling this thing on my neck.

Officer Nibbles: "Alright we're going to take this a little slow at first. Let's see if you can just cast the fire ball on your own."

I take quick step forward and jut out my hoof and-

Wow, a whole tiny little spark of fire. Some fireball alright.
>>
No. 880006 ID: 3abd97

>Problem is most stones can only be enchanted with four or five things, and I don't know what else your enchanted with?
Oooh, secret powers waiting to be unlocked, maybe. Can anyone appraise what enchantments might be hidden, or are we stuck with trial and error?

>collar
Huh that's pretty noticeable. Maybe you need a turtleneck sweater.

>Wow, a whole tiny little spark of fire. Some fireball alright.
Hey you just made fire out of nothing, that's not nothing!

You can do it, Candy!
>>
No. 880012 ID: 91ee5f

>>880000
>Oh, you're in a fire enchantment stone. Sorry if I forgot to mention that earlier.
>all the enchantments your earring has are actually neutral.
I wonder how many enchantments are already on us? If we have room for one more, you could get a fireball enchantment for us. Then you wouldn’t have to take us off if you need to cast a spell!

>>880003
>Wow, a whole tiny little spark of fire. Some fireball alright.
Hey, look on the bright side, at least you did something instead of not doing anything at all! And you didn’t set yourself or the officers on fire! So I’d say that’s a pretty good start!

Don’t be afraid to ask for some tips on what to do and how to improve. Remember, this is your first time, so don’t let that tiny little spark discourage you!
>>
No. 880076 ID: 15a025
File 152444385432.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
880076

>Huh that's pretty noticeable. Maybe you need a turtleneck sweater.
It's pretty ugly too. I'll have to find a better sweater or scarf to cover it up with if I have to wear this long term.

>I wonder how many enchantments are already on us? If we have room for one more, you could get a fireball enchantment for us.
>Can anyone appraise what enchantments might be hidden, or are we stuck with trial and error?
Candy: "Sorry, more questions Officer Nibbles. Other than these earring ghosts here, what enchantments does my earring have?"

Officer Nibbles: "I...you don't even know what your earring is enchanted with Candy!"

Candy: "No...?"

Officer Nibbles: "I ought to dock you points for that. Didn't you read in those books it's dangerous to walk around and use unknown enchanted items?"

Candy: "I must of missed that part."

She lets out a sigh.

Officer Nibbles: "You've got two other enchantments, one that can give you a telepathic radar in you lose your sight, and some soul scanner? I'm not too familiar with this one actually. You've also got open space for two more enchantments as well."

>you just made fire out of nothing, that's not nothing!
>Hey, look on the bright side, at least you did something instead of not doing anything at all! And you didn’t set yourself or the officers on fire! So I’d say that’s a pretty good start!
Yeah, I just feel kind of stupid diving into this head first like that.
>Don’t be afraid to ask for some tips on what to do and how to improve. Remember, this is your first time, so don’t let that tiny little spark discourage you!
Candy: "Got any tips for this Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah, don't do that again. It doesn't work like that."

Candy: "Wow that sure is real helpful."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright I'll give you a little push here. Try actually focusing a little and charging up the fire some. Don't even think of launching or throwing it anywhere yet. Just focus on charging it up and making a half-way decent fireball."
>>
No. 880077 ID: 15a025
File 152444390164.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
880077

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I stick out my arms and imagine I'm holding a ball of fire.
>>
No. 880078 ID: 15a025
File 152444392566.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
880078

I open my eyes to technical success. It's not just a spark of fire, it's a small collection of sparks balled up towards each other now.
>>
No. 880090 ID: b1b4f3

Okay now think of it being hotter, denser. Like a miniature sun.
>>
No. 880095 ID: 91ee5f

>>880076
>”I...you don't even know what your earring is enchanted with Candy!"
Tell her that you got your earring from a nurse when you had an accident in your AP Chemistry class that caused you to go blind for a day. The nurse never really explained what was on the earring and just said it would help you until your sight came back.

>”You've got two other enchantments, one that can give you a telepathic radar if you lose your sight, and some soul scanner? I'm not too familiar with this one actually. You've also got open space for two more enchantments as well."
Oh, that’s why those other enchantments aren’t working, they only activate if you lose your sight!

In fact, if you include us, all 3 of those are the exact same enchantments that Rainy has on her necklace!

Which is kinda weird that Nibbles would say she’s not familiar with the soul scanner, since she’s met Rainy.

>>880078
That’s actually an improvement! Good job!

Just keep focusing on it like that and you’ll get a fireball!
>>
No. 880096 ID: 3abd97

>You've got two other enchantments, one that can give you a telepathic radar in you lose your sight, and some soul scanner?
Oh, so it's the same as before. When we were with Rainy we kinda lumped those two functions together.

Too bad closing your eyes doesn't seem to let the blindar work for you. Hopefully there's a trick to using it besides going blind fo' reals.

>It's not just a spark of fire, it's a small collection of sparks balled up towards each other now.
Well, see if you can combine or focus them into one? Or fill in the blank spots?

That you can make a bunch of discrete sparks is encouraging for keeping a thing (or person) warm applications. Spread them fine enough and you're more creating heat than fire.
>>
No. 880201 ID: 15a025
File 152450290010.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
880201

>Oh, that’s why those other enchantments aren’t working, they only activate if you lose your sight!
>Hopefully there's a trick to using it besides going blind fo' reals.
Well, at least I'm prepared in case I ever lose my sight. Hopefully I won't need to use those.

>if you include us, all 3 of those are the exact same enchantments that Rainy has on her necklace!
>Which is kinda weird that Nibbles would say she’s not familiar with the soul scanner, since she’s met Rainy.
Candy: "Hey wait a second, how are you not familiar with one those enchantments? You've met and worked with my friend who had the same one before!"

As soon as I say that my little ball of sparks disappears.

Officer Nibbles: "Candy, don't shift focus like this while you're casting. Especially something dangerous like a fireball. That could of blown up in your face!"

Whops.

Officer Nibbles: "Anyway, to answer your question. Your radar and soul search are different."
Candy: "How are they different?"

Officer Nibbles: "I guess the easiest way to explain it is they're like an off-brand or knock off? It's recognizable enough that I can tell what it is, but I'm not familiar with this version of the enchantment."

Candy: "Well that's not alarming or worrying at all."

Officer Nibbles: "See? This is why we don't use unknown enchanted items! Where did you even get this anyway?"

>Tell her that you got your earring from a nurse when you had an accident in your AP Chemistry class that caused you to go blind for a day.
Candy: "A few years ago in college. Messed up a chemistry project and went blind for a bit. One of the nurses gave it to me to help me out till I got my sight back."

Officer Nibbles: "They were just handing out en- never mind. Now you're distracting me too. Come on, let's get some magic going!"
>>
No. 880202 ID: 15a025
File 152450293142.png - (4.24KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
880202

>think of it being hotter, denser. Like a miniature sun.
>Just keep focusing on it like that and you’ll get a fireball!
Let's try this again then. Still holding my arms out, I close my eyes and just try to picture I'm holding a little sun. I try to imagine I'm nice and warm, not freezing cold by some lake out in- nope. Focus. Nice and warm. I'm holding the sun. I can feel it's warmth.
>>
No. 880203 ID: 15a025
File 152450295597.gif - (60.37KB , 800x600 , 16.gif )
880203

I open my eyes and see I'm doing a little better. I can't really feel any heat coming from it, but it's more than just a spark at least.
>>
No. 880210 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, maybe instead of a miniature sun, imagine you're holding the sun itself. An OVERWHELMING heat.
>>
No. 880212 ID: ee2d6e

BIGGER
>>
No. 880225 ID: 15a025
File 152451699366.png - (4.28KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
880225

>Hmm, maybe instead of a miniature sun, imagine you're holding the sun itself. An OVERWHELMING heat.
>BIGGER

Still focusing, I close my eyes and start thinking about the sun again. It's not some small speck of fire like this. It's a giant ball of fire that should be keeping me warm. So warm I ought to be sweating from it, even in this weather!
>>
No. 880226 ID: 15a025
File 152451702008.gif - (95.53KB , 800x600 , 18.gif )
880226

Candy: "Hey now we're getting-"
>>
No. 880227 ID: 15a025
File 152451705024.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
880227

It drops down and burns up the ground a little.

Officer Nibbles: "Way to go, you dropped it."

Candy: "You're a tough one to please."

Officer Nibbles: "I know it's all exciting making a big ball of fire for the first time but you need to keep your thoughts on the ball until you toss it somewhere like the lake or carefully extinguish it. Speaking of tossing, let's see you try that next."
>>
No. 880228 ID: 15a025
File 152451707962.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
880228

I try to power up another fireball, but I'm getting nothing but cold air now!
>>
No. 880248 ID: 91ee5f

>>880228
You’re not feeling tired or anything, right? If you start to feel weird, make sure you let the officers know.

Maybe instead of trying to brute force it with thoughts of the sun, try just thinking of things that make you feel all warm and happy on the inside.

Try thinking about that day when you, Rainy, and Jill arrived at Rainy’s new home. You and Rainy went out into the backyard to start a little campfire and make s’mores. That was a pretty fun and happy moment, right?
>>
No. 880250 ID: b1b4f3

Are you out of mana? Or do we have to help you cast it every time?
>>
No. 880258 ID: 3abd97

>"I guess the easiest way to explain it is they're like an off-brand or knock off? It's recognizable enough that I can tell what it is, but I'm not familiar with this version of the enchantment."
Well that's worrying.

I had assumed the earrings were somehow ancillary to Rainy's enchanted object, but they're actually separate enchantments. I suppose the good thing there is that means the earring isn't us, we just connect to it. So we can theoretically make contact again if the earring is ever lost or destroyed.

>I try to power up another fireball, but I'm getting nothing but cold air now!
Did you run out of juice already? That's going to make practice challenging.

Hmmm. It is fire. Maybe you're not concentrating on the right things. Maybe it needs... racy thoughts?
>>
No. 880323 ID: 08227f

Maybe it has to do with your emotional state, like those mages that were with Rainy back when you were helping her fight the chimeras. Buddy was a light mage and seemed mostly happy and positive, Oscar was a water mage and seemed to be the most calm, and Don was an angry ball of passion who used fire based counter magic. Perhaps if you focus on the fireball, but try to channel feelings of anger or passion, it will help?
Try envisioning someone you care about being attacked, and you have no other option but to burn away your enemies. You have no time to think, you have to just do it or someone you love dearly will die, and you can't let your friends down. You want to see them smile again and take away all the pain that is weighing them down and burn it to ashes. You know you have the strength to do what's necessary, so just ball up all that desire to be there for them and let it burst forth in a torrential blaze of vehement destruction, and chuck it forward like a projection of the feelings you want the world to understand, preferably in the direction of the lake.
>>
No. 880335 ID: 15a025
File 152453428346.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
880335

>You’re not feeling tired or anything, right? If you start to feel weird, make sure you let the officers know.
No, I'm feeling alright.

>Did you run out of juice already? That's going to make practice challenging.
Candy: "What gives, is this thing already out of power or something?"

Officer Nibbles: "Oh right, forgot to mention that enchantment has few second cool-down after every few castings. Your enchantment stone should light back up again when it's re-charged itself."

Guess I'm going to have to make each one of these fireballs count then. Which means I'm going to need a better strategy for focus and control.
>>
No. 880336 ID: 15a025
File 152453434857.gif - (702.28KB , 800x600 , 22.gif )
880336

>Maybe instead of trying to brute force it with thoughts of the sun, try just thinking of things that make you feel all warm and happy on the inside.
I face myself towards the lake and get in a better position to throw the fireball for when I do get it out. I try to think of some easier warm feelings than just the sun. I think about the campfires I've had with my best friend, eating some s'mores, and having a good time. I try to stay calm and keep my thoughts focused when I see the fire ball this time. At the same time, I wanna see this thing fly!

>Try envisioning someone you care about being attacked, and you have no other option but to burn away your enemies. You have no time to think, you have to just do it or someone you love dearly will die, and you can't let your friends down.

I quickly go for a wind up and whip this fireball at whoever had the guts to try and hurt my friends!

After chucking it and hearing the steam sizzle as it hits the lake I feel a little better about all this.
>>
No. 880339 ID: b1b4f3

Success! Okay now you gotta practice that some more I guess.
>>
No. 880346 ID: 3abd97

>>880336
Do a jump for victory!

Then ask the experts how well you did, and see if they have any further pointers.
>>
No. 880362 ID: 91ee5f

>>880336
Alright! Way to go!
>>
No. 880719 ID: 15a025
File 152470380314.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
880719

>Success!
>Alright! Way to go!
Woo!

>Okay now you gotta practice that some more I guess.
>Then ask the experts how well you did, and see if they have any further pointers.
Candy: "Alright, how'd I do that time?"

Officer Nibbles: "It looks like you're getting the hang of it now. Distance could use some work, but you're doing alright."

Candy: "Got any pointers?"

Officer Nibbles: "Once you feel you've got the hang of casting it consistently, try doing it without closing your eyes. Other than that, I think you're ready to move on."

Candy: "Move onto what?"

Officer Nibbles: "Utility. There's a lot of things you can do with a ball of fire, which goes in part with why they're banned. I could give you something specific to try, but I'd like to see how creative you get with it."
>>
No. 880723 ID: b1b4f3

Obvious uses: tone down the heat and just use it for warmth, try to amp up the light to use it as a lantern, just use it to light a campfire...

Hm. Well if you have really fine control over it you could turn it into a flamethrower or a blowtorch.
>>
No. 880738 ID: 91ee5f

>>880719
Ask Nibbles if she wants you to list off ideas or if she wants you to demonstrate?

Because if she wants you to demonstrate, then you could gather some sticks, put them in a pile, and then light them to make a campfire.
>>
No. 880768 ID: 830fb7

>>880719
More cool idea, use the sparks of the flame to make a ring around yourself then lower it o the ground and melt the ice around you without burning the grass, slowly expand the ring of heat keeping it at a sustainably safe temperature for contact.
Essentially warm up the area enough that it melts the ice and warms the others around you in a showy way.
>>
No. 880771 ID: 91ee5f

>>880768
You really expect a beginner like Candy to be able to do something that complicated and not mess up by accident?

Could we please try to stick to simple things for now?
>>
No. 880790 ID: 3abd97

>>880719
>Officer Nibbles: "Utility. There's a lot of things you can do with a ball of fire, which goes in part with why they're banned. I could give you something specific to try, but I'd like to see how creative you get with it."
Oh cool, I wasn't sure how flexible we could be with a premade enchantment.

Possible applications:
-go for heat, not flame, to keep yourself (or someone / something else) warm
-focus on light over heat, make a light source
-focus on a burst of light (fast, and as strong as you can make it), make a flashbang
-focus on a bright light and stability or staying distance, now you have a single flare to shoot straight up
-focus on precision and finesse, make shapes in flame, now you have a 3D holographic display.
-focus on sympathetic connections to sense heat or fire around you, now you have a magic heat-detection radar.
-stealthily half-form a fireball on some snow- melt, stop, let it freeze. Now you can create patches of slippery ice at need.
>>
No. 880989 ID: 08227f

Make a candy cane out of fire and drop it in the snow to make a snow candy cane.
>>
No. 881376 ID: 15a025
File 152495882778.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
881376

Whoa! That's a lot of ideas. You ghosts are pretty creative. I should probably keep things simple for now, though there's a few ideas I'd like to try and work towards as I get better here though.

>stick to simple things for now?
>Obvious uses: tone down the heat and just use it for warmth, try to amp up the light to use it as a lantern, just use it to light a campfire.
Candy: "Got any sticks?"

Officer Freeze: "I can go forage for some. What are you using them for?"

Candy: "Start up a little camp fire."

Officer Nibbles: "That's pretty...no actually that might be a good challenge for you."

Candy: "A challenge?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah, if you're going to start a small camp fire with some sticks, you need to control the flame and heat enough so that it won't burn out or incinerate the sticks instantly."

Officer Freeze: "It might take bit to forage around for some sticks. While I'm gone you could practice controlling the flame more."
>>
No. 881377 ID: 15a025
File 152495886658.gif - (341.86KB , 800x600 , 25.gif )
881377

Officer Freeze heads off, and I do just that. Officer Nibbles has me try and just hold the flame and keeping it going for as long as the enchantment allows me. The longest I could hold it is for about ten seconds. At that point it smokes up and I lose my focus.

Officer Nibbles: "Okay I think you found a limit here. Let's stop making it blow up into smoke before it blows up into something worse!"

I let out a nasty cough and have to try and catch my breath for a second.

Candy: Agreed.
>>
No. 881379 ID: 15a025
File 152495891591.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
881379

After a few more attempts at making a fireball, Officer Freeze comes back with a big pile of sticks.

Officer Freeze: "I tried to bring back as many as I- hey. Does something smell like smoke?"

Candy: "Don't ask."

Officer: "As long as it's not a forest fire."
>>
No. 881380 ID: 15a025
File 152495894272.gif - (387.99KB , 800x600 , 27.gif )
881380

I grab some sticks, sit down, and try to get another flame going. When I light the sticks up and let go of the flame, it just disappears into some lighter smoke.
>>
No. 881388 ID: b1b4f3

>>881380
Wait, can you extinguish fires with fire magic? Maybe that's what you're accidentally doing here.
>>
No. 881415 ID: 3abd97

>>881380
Usually it's easier to light some kindling than to light larger stuff. It doesn't help that this wood is probably wet, too, if it was gathered after snow's on the ground.
>>
No. 881427 ID: 08227f

Maybe try holding it a little further away and letting the heat do most of the work?
>>
No. 881456 ID: 91ee5f

>>881380
Woah!

Ok, now I see why Nibbles said this would be a challenge. Since you incinerated the sticks, that means that the problem is your flame control, your control of the heat, or both.
>>
No. 881533 ID: 15a025
File 152503159752.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
881533

>Wait, can you extinguish fires with fire magic? Maybe that's what you're accidentally doing here.
I stand back up and brush the snow off my legs.

Candy: "Is fire magic able to extinguish fires?"

Officer Nibbles: "It's a fireball, it's supposed to make fire."
>>
No. 881534 ID: 15a025
File 152503165074.gif - (324.83KB , 800x600 , 29.gif )
881534

>Maybe try holding it a little further away and letting the heat do most of the work?
>It doesn't help that this wood is probably wet, too, if it was gathered after snow's on the ground.
>Since you incinerated the sticks, that means that the problem is your flame control, your control of the heat, or both.

I grab some more sticks and set up for another attempt. I try to wipe them off a little with my sleeves. The sticks aren't soaking wet from the snow, but I wouldn't call them dry either. Since I pretty much incinerated the last pile of sticks, I'm assuming I had the flame way too hot.

I take a breath and light up another fireball. I hold it up a little higher this time and try to warm up the sticks a bit. While I do this, I slowly lower the flame a bit to try light the sticks without much direct contact.
>>
No. 881535 ID: 15a025
File 152503169377.gif - (121.94KB , 800x600 , 30.gif )
881535

Candy: "Haha, Nice! Now, where's the crackers and marshmallows?"

Officer Freeze: "Oh...if I would have known we were going to making camp fires I would have brought some."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright Candy, put out the fire and let's move on."
>>
No. 881537 ID: 15a025
File 152503176422.gif - (152.73KB , 800x600 , 31.gif )
881537

I flick some snow on my poor fire and put it out.

Candy: "So, what's next?"

Officer Nibbles: "Show me some other things you think you can do with that fireball. Just try not to go too overboard."

Hmm... going back to some other ideas you had:
>focus on a burst of light (fast, and as strong as you can make it), make a flashbang
>focus on a bright light and stability or staying distance, now you have a single flare to shoot straight up
>stealthily half-form a fireball on some snow- melt, stop, let it freeze. Now you can create patches of slippery ice at need.
These sound like some ideas I might be able to try now that I'm getting the hang of things a bit.

>if you have really fine control over it you could turn it into a flamethrower or a blowtorch.
This sounds pretty cool but tough. I could try practicing this and really re-fine my control over the fireball, but it might take me a lot of time.

I'm open to other ideas as well.
>>
No. 881543 ID: 3abd97

>Officer Nibbles: "It's a fireball, it's supposed to make fire."
Well, in real life firefighting, that might be useful in making a firebreak (burning fuel up so by the time a forest fire reaches a location there's nothing for it to consume so it stops spreading) or in a smaller setting, putting out a fire by consuming oxygen (assuming magical fire needs oxygen).

>I try to wipe them off a little with my sleeves
Helps less than you think. The problem with wet wood is it absorbs water, like a sponge. Usually that's why we stack wood in neat, covered piles to slowly dry out after cutting it. And why dead wood burns better than just-living wood, there's less to dry out.

>>881537
Those ideas are fine to try, but if you're gonna try for a flashbang you probably want to warn the others so they can look away.
>>
No. 881794 ID: 91ee5f

>>881537
I think you should try the flare idea.
>>
No. 881817 ID: 15a025
File 152513514764.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
881817

>Helps less than you think. The problem with wet wood is it absorbs water, like a sponge.
Ah great, I got my sleeve all wet for nothing now.

>Well, in real life firefighting, that might be useful in making a firebreak
Candy: "How useful would this fireball be in making a firebreak?"

Officer Nibbles: "You're not think of starting a forest fire to test this are you?"

Candy: "..."

Officer Nibbles: "Candy!"

Candy: "I'm just messing with you, well kind of. I didn't plan on testing this, but I am curious. Does the fireball even need oxygen?"

Officer Nibbles: "That's both a yes and no. The fireball itself doesn't need oxygen, but works off the magic used to summon it instead. It'll go out as soon as it burns all that magic up. The flames it spreads however, do require oxygen. I'll have to say, I'm a little surprised to see the you think in that direction."

>I think you should try the flare idea.
Candy: "Is the range on the fire ball good enough to use it like a signal flare?"

Officer Nibbles: "It can. I'm not sure what kind of range you'll get with a limiter on though?"

Candy: "Let's find out then!"

Officer Nibbles: "How about let's use some smart safety! Throwing a fireball up into the air isn't exactly the best idea. Sure would suck it didn't go high up and landed on your head wouldn't it?"

Candy: "I'm not dumb, I know to look up and book it if things go bad. I'll even stand by the lake in case I miss up and end lands somewhere."

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah, and the lake will be close by for you to jump in if you get hit by it too."

Candy: "With a nice mouse in my sweater pocket to keep me company."

>if you're gonna try for a flashbang you probably want to warn the others so they can look away.
Candy: "I could try making a flash bang out of the fireball inst-"

Officer Nibbles: "Alright signal flare it is! Fire away!"

Candy: "Any tips for getting some decent height with it?"

Officer Nibbles: "Use your imagination a bit. Pretend you're holding onto a flare gun and that you're pulling the trigger as you toss it up in the air."

Officer Freeze: "It also helps if you give your enchantment a name. They say it gives you a closer connection to the magic inside the stone."

Huh. I'll have to give this a thing a name sometime then.
>>
No. 881818 ID: 15a025
File 152513518797.gif - (459.28KB , 800x600 , 33.gif )
881818

For now though, it's time to heat things up! I try to cast the fire ball with one arm in place, ready to toss it after the ball forms. After that I picture I'm holding the gun and pull the trigger as I toss it!
>>
No. 881819 ID: 15a025
File 152513521018.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
881819

Sploosh


Well, it went a little further across the lake that time.
>>
No. 881826 ID: b1b4f3

To get even more height you could imagine a rocket.
>>
No. 881838 ID: 91ee5f

>>881817
>”It also helps if you give your enchantment a name. They say it gives you a closer connection to the magic inside the stone."
>Huh. I'll have to give this a thing a name sometime then.
.....can you give us a name too? Rainy called the voices in her necklace her “Spooky Spirits”, so maybe you can give us a similar name or something like that?

Oh! I’ve also heard that if you repeatedly use a spell, it’ll eventually become a stronger version of that spell! Which is actually how Rainy’s ability to “see” got so good. She kept using her necklace and eventually she got to the point where she could “see” through illusions.

So if you keep using that fireball, it’ll eventually get stronger! Not anytime soon though, so it’ll take a while. But.....I wonder if we’ll get stronger from you using us?
>>
No. 881843 ID: 3abd97

>Huh. I'll have to give this a thing a name sometime then.
Name the fire spell, or name individual techniques?

>>881818
What kind of height did you get there? Easily 3 times you height before it goes out of frame, at least. Did it clear the trees?

>>881838
I think we can still be spooky ghosts for Candy.
>>
No. 882039 ID: 15a025
File 152522540823.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
882039

>Name the fire spell, or name individual techniques?
Candy: "Officer Freeze, when you said to name enchantment. Did you mean spell or each of the techniques?"
Officer Freeze: "The fireball itself."

>can you give us a name too?
>I think we can still be spooky ghosts for Candy

Is there something else you'd like me to call you? I'm fine with calling you all anything long as it isn't anything profane or inappropriate. Otherwise I'm fine with spooky ghosts if you like.

>I’ve also heard that if you repeatedly use a spell, it’ll eventually become a stronger version of that spell!
Candy: "I've heard a spell also gets stronger the more you use it, is that true?"

Officer Freeze: "It's another theory, just like the naming thing. It hasn't been tested properly."

Officer Nibbles: "You know what they say too, practice makes perfect."

>What kind of height did you get there? Easily 3 times you height before it goes out of frame, at least. Did it clear the trees?

I saw it go a little bit over the trees before it started to plummet down into the lake.
>>
No. 882040 ID: 15a025
File 152522543221.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
882040

>To get even more height you could imagine a rocket.

Alright. Let's try this again. I hold the ball of fire and picture it's a giant rocket.

Officer Nibbles: "Candy, what are you-"
>>
No. 882041 ID: 15a025
File 152522545027.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
882041

Candy: "Blast off!"
>>
No. 882042 ID: 15a025
File 152522549225.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
882042

I toss it into the sky. It goes a little higher than my one, but not by much. It does look pretty neat though.
>>
No. 882043 ID: 15a025
File 152522552614.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
882043

sploosh

And down into the drink it goes.
>>
No. 882046 ID: 830fb7

>>882042
Imagine it as a firework, the big explosion at the end will make up for the short distance and airtime.
>>
No. 882050 ID: 91ee5f

>>882043
Hey, where’s Officer Nibbles? Did she fall out of your pocket when you jumped?

Also, how many more things do the cops want you to do?

>>882046
Maybe we should ask the officers first before we try something like making the fireball explode mid flight.
>>
No. 882054 ID: b1b4f3

Ah, that's better. I think it went above the treeline that time.
Yeah a firework framework to make it explode at the top could be nice.

Name us Spooks.
>>
No. 882058 ID: 3abd97

>anything long as it isn't anything profane or inappropriate
No tricking you into saying something you don't know is inappropriate, okay.~

>Otherwise I'm fine with spooky ghosts if you like.
Sounds good. Makes us easier to discus if we have one name.

>"The fireball itself."
Well that's sorta tricky, the name is already pretty distinctive and descriptive.

>>882054
>Name us Spooks.
Pls don't.
>>
No. 882060 ID: 91ee5f

>>882039
>Otherwise I'm fine with spooky ghosts if you like.
Yeah, I’m fine with that.

And now that you’ve named us, I can already feel us forming a closer connection with you! I wonder how and/or when we’ll power up for you?
>>
No. 882114 ID: ee2d6e

Nothing profane? Guess "Some Dickheads" is off the table, then.
>>
No. 882494 ID: 15a025
File 152545413874.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
882494

>[Spooky Ghosts]sounds good. Makes us easier to discus if we have one name.
>Yeah, I’m fine with that.
Alright, spooky ghosts it is then.

>Hey, where’s Officer Nibbles? Did she fall out of your pocket when you jumped?
I'm checking it right now to make sure she's still-

Officer Nibbles: "Hey watch it in here, what are you trying to do squish me or something!"

Yup. She's still in there.

Candy: "Just making sure you didn't fall out."

>Ah, that's better. I think it went above the treeline that time.
>Imagine it as a firework, the big explosion at the end will make up for the short distance and airtime.
>Maybe we should ask the officers first before we try something like making the fireball explode mid flight.
Candy: "Alright Officer Nibbles. I've got some decent air on that fireball. How can I make it explode a bit and have it be a better flare?"

Officer Nibbles: "You're going to keep trying even if I say it's dangerous, aren't you?"
Candy: Yup!"

Officer Nibbles: "You need to do some long range casting then. You'll have to keep charging it up after you toss it. Remember how it was blowing up into a ball of smoke earlier?"

Candy: "Yeah."

Officer Nibbles: "That was from either lack of control or over charging it. If you give the fireball more energy than it can handle, it could become dangerously un-stable. Same thing if you lose focus."

Candy: "Isn't this limiter thing supposed to prevent that?"

Officer Nibbles: "It's still being worked on, but It's been doing a decent job today. When your fireball exploded into smoke earlier, that could have been fiery explosion instead if it wasn't for the limiter."
>>
No. 882495 ID: 15a025
File 152545417593.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
882495

Candy: "So I shouldn't try exploding the fireball like that?"

Officer Nibbles: "I can see how it'd be useful and I like the flare idea, but you're not always going to have the limiter to say your skin if you mess up?"

I think about it for a second.

Candy: "Now's the safest time for me to be practicing this then Officer Nibbles. I'm not trying to mess up on purpose, but if I do goof up it'll be fine for now."

Officer Nibbles: "I can't argue that point. Alright, start slowly charging up a fire ball."
>>
No. 882496 ID: 15a025
File 152545420813.gif - (195.46KB , 800x600 , 42.gif )
882496

I charge it up a little slower than normal.

Candy: "Like this?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes. Now, while it's still small, chuck it and picture yourself as the fire ball itself!"
>>
No. 882497 ID: 15a025
File 152545427392.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
882497

I toss it and imagine myself as the fireball and-

Candy: "A-"
>>
No. 882498 ID: 15a025
File 152545429231.png - (3.87KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
882498

Officer Nibbles: "Steady! Keep focusing! Picture you and the fireball growing bigger until-!"
>>
No. 882499 ID: 15a025
File 152545431199.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
882499

Candy: "Ah!!!"

The fireball bursts into a cloud of red hot smoke.
>>
No. 882682 ID: 91ee5f

>>882499
Red smoke, huh? That’s not what I thought would happen.

So, how many more things do the officers want you to do?
>>
No. 882725 ID: 3abd97

>The fireball bursts into a cloud of red hot smoke.
Is... that good? I'm not sure if that's better or worse for a flare. I guess the unusual looking smoke might linger longer than a single flash of fire?
>>
No. 882783 ID: 15a025
File 152558340591.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
882783

>Red smoke, huh? That’s not what I thought would happen.
Officer Nibbles made it sound like if I didn't have the limiter on that it would probably be an actual explosion instead of smoke.

>I'm not sure if that's better or worse for a flare. I guess the unusual looking smoke might linger longer than a single flash of fire?
It could draw more urgent attention to where ever it ends up going off. I'm sure if someone saw this in town they'd call the fire department?

>So, how many more things do the officers want you to do?
Candy: "So, how many more things do you two want me try here?"

Officer Nibbles: "After briefly hearing you mention making this into a flash bang, I think I'm fine for now."

Candy: "So does this mean-"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes you can have your license when we get back to the station. We've got other things to talk about when we get back as well."

Candy: "Like what?"

Officer Nibbles: "Your job."
>>
No. 882784 ID: 15a025
File 152558343898.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
882784

Officer Freeze takes the limiter off of me and packs everything up. We clean up a little bit before hopping back in the car and ride back to the station.

It still feels weird riding around in this thing.
>>
No. 882785 ID: 15a025
File 152558348333.png - (5.45KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
882785

Icy Pines Police Department, Front Desk. 5:45 P.M.


Officer Freeze: "Alright Candy, say cheese!"

Candy: "Cheese!"

Click!

Officer Freeze: "It'll take me a bit to make your license and put you in the system, so why don't you and Nibbles go over some stuff in the back."

Candy: "Alright."
>>
No. 882786 ID: 15a025
File 152558354329.png - (3.91KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
882786

Officer Nibbles yells directions and leads me back into that empty room.

Candy: "So, what kind of job stuff we talking about here?"

Officer Nibbles: "Some cases, investigations, and other stuff I feel you'd be perfect to help with."

Candy: "Okay, let me re-phrase that. What kind of cases and investigations?"

Officer Nibbles: "What sounds the most interesting? Bootleg movie sellers, a con artist, or a music ripper?"

Candy: "Can you be more specific here? Those all sound pretty vague."

Officer Nibbles: "I wish I could, but I can't really give you any more than that until you commit to one of them."
>>
No. 882801 ID: b1b4f3

>>882786
Con artist. Gotta focus on the crimes that hurt the little guy.
>>
No. 882807 ID: 91ee5f

>>882783
>Yes you can have your license when we get back to the station.
Yay!

>>882785
Aw, man, I blinked! Can we take the picture again? .....what? I’m allowed to make jokes!

But seriously, now that you’re getting your lisence, you can show it to Sugar. I can’t wait to see the look on her face, she’ll be so surprised! XD

Oh, yeah, she said you could pick out an enchantment from her big bag she had, but maaaaybe you shouldn’t take one of them after all? Since Officer Nibbles will question where you got it and all that.

>>882786
>”What sounds the most interesting? Bootleg movie sellers, a con artist, or a music ripper?"
Tell her, “I’m so glad one of those options wasn’t ‘Help solve a murder’! I’m not ready for that kind of police work!”

And then tell her that you’ll take the con artist because of this reason: >>882801 .
>>
No. 882872 ID: 15a025
File 152562852202.png - (3.91KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
882872

>now that you’re getting your license, you can show it to Sugar. I can’t wait to see the look on her face, she’ll be so surprised!
Knowing how much of a sore loser she can be I'm looking forward to seeing how she takes the news.

>Oh, yeah, she said you could pick out an enchantment from her big bag she had, but maaaaybe you shouldn’t take one of them after all? Since Officer Nibbles will question where you got it and all that.
Yeah, I'm starting to think there's more reasons I shouldn't take one of them after all. Not knowing what any of them are is my biggest concern. Officer Nibbles asking questions on where it came from is like the icing on top.

>Tell her, “I’m so glad one of those options wasn’t ‘Help solve a murder’! I’m not ready for that kind of police work!”
Candy: "Well I'm glad one of the options wasn't about solving a murder. I doubt I'm ready to handle something like that."

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah don't worry, I'm not throwing anything dangerous your way. These are all less serious cases we don't exactly have the time or officers to look into. I mean, all crime is serious, but when you got a bunch of missing people reports, stabbings, and murders going on here you really don't have time to hunt down someone selling copied floppies and movies. So what case you do you want?"

> Con artist. Gotta focus on the crimes that hurt the little guy.
Candy: "I'll start by taking on the con artist."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright then. We don't a picture of the guy or his name, his file just referred to him as 'Con Artist Coon.'"

Candy: "Real original name there. Is that all I have to go off of, just an alias? Where does he usually hang out? What's he do?"

Officer Nibbles: "The reports we got came from the local bars and the mall. As for what he does, it'd probably be easier to ask what don't they do? From supposedly rigged gambling games to fast talking cashiers to giving him more change back to selling broken junk on the streets."

Candy: "So what do I to do with him here? Walk around with a little microphone and feed you info or something?"

Officer Nibbles: "Kind of. I need you to find him and then get evidence or catch him in the act of conning someone. Then try and stall him long enough for us to come and arrest him. Any other questions?"
>>
No. 882879 ID: 91ee5f

>>882872
With a name like 'Con Artist Coon’, I’ve gotta ask if he’s really a raccoon? I mean, I know Nibbles said there isn’t a picture of him, but we can’t exactly accuse everyone that looks like a raccoon of being the con artist.

>The reports we got came from the local bars and the mall.
Hmm, maybe Marsh has run into this guy at her bar? Or maybe Vienna met him at that coffee place in the mall?

>Any other questions?
When she says “gather evidence” what does that mean exactly? Does she want you to take pictures of him doing something or what?

And how are you supposed to let the cops know that it’s time to come arrest him? You don’t have a cellphone or anything like that.

Also, stalling him, how do we do that? Talk to him until the cops arrive?
>>
No. 882896 ID: 3abd97

>From supposedly rigged gambling games to fast talking cashiers to giving him more change back to selling broken junk on the streets.
Pretty vague, I assume that's part of the reason they haven't been able to charge this guy.

>When she says “gather evidence” what does that mean exactly? Does she want you to take pictures of him doing something or what?
Good question, knowing what kind of evidence we need here is important. If they want us to be undercover, our eyewitness testimony that we saw it might not be the best evidence, since then we've outed ourselves on the first case.
>>
No. 883000 ID: 15a025
File 152571827691.png - (4.24KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
883000

>With a name like 'Con Artist Coon’, I’ve gotta ask if he’s really a raccoon?
Candy: "Do you know if they're really a raccoon?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes, though it mentions in the file they've used disguises several times."

Candy: "They must not be very at good disguises then."

I hear Officer Nibbles let out a little squeak of laughter.

>When she says “gather evidence” what does that mean exactly? Does she want you to take pictures of him doing something or what?
>Good question, knowing what kind of evidence we need here is important.
Candy: "So when you say gather evidence, what do you mean? You want some pictures of him in action? Eyewitness testimony?"
Officer Nibbles: "We'll be giving you a radio microphone to record conversations with him. You'll also get a camera to snap some pics with."

Candy: "You think he's going to confess to me or something?"

Officer Nibbles: "Well if you think you can get him to that'd be great! But, No. The biggest thing we could use is some audio evidence that he's running these 'shady' gambling games or scamming somebody. Maybe a recording of him fast talking those cashiers or pictures of him selling crud on the streets? Even just a photo of him to have on file would help out."

>And how are you supposed to let the cops know that it’s time to come arrest him? You don’t have a cell phone or anything like that.
Candy: "Okay so I find this guy and get some evidence, how am I going to let you know it's time to arrest him? I don't have a cell phone and I doubt he's going to wait for me to call you on a pay phone."

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah you do, or...yeah you will!"

Candy: "Huh?"

Officer Nibbles: "Everyone on the police force gets a private cell phone. Since you're technically on the force now, you get one too."

Candy: "Neat. What makes it private part though?"

Officer Nibbles: "It can only make and receive calls to and from other officer's phones and emergency services. It's what makes it affordable enough to be giving out."

Candy: "Sweet."

I hear something ding, followed by Officer Freeze's voice coming from somewhere.

Officer Freeze: "Candy, your license is all set for you to pick up at the front desk."
>>
No. 883001 ID: 15a025
File 152571830106.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
883001

I stuff Officer Nibbles back into my sweater and head on over to get my license.
>>
No. 883002 ID: 15a025
File 152571835272.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
883002

Officer Freeze: "Here you go. With this you're officially allowed to use any enchanted items and enchantments that we approve. Congrats!"

Candy: "Thank you!

Officer Nibbles: "Officer Freeze, we've got Candy assigned to case now as well. Can you go grab her a cell phone, a camera, and one of our radio microphones?"

Officer Freeze: "Sure thing!"
>>
No. 883003 ID: 15a025
File 152571838808.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
883003

She pulls all three out from under the desk.

Candy: "You just keep a box of that stuff under your desk?"

Officer Freeze: "Don't worry, it's locked up tight."

Officer Nibbles: "Now that you're all set, what are your plans?"

Candy: "Plans?"

Officer Nibbles: "Do you need a ride home or somewhere?"
>>
No. 883004 ID: 15a025
File 152571840996.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
883004

Shoot, I didn't think about this much at all. I forgot to arrange a time to meet up with Marsh somewhere. It's a little past six, so she's probably closed up the bar for the night. I could go to the coffee place and see if she's there. If she isn't though, I could be in trouble. The officers might be able to drive me to Sugar's place, but I can't see that ending well. I could ask about staying with them tonight and work on tracking down that con artist, but being late that could be dangerous now. What do spooky ghosts think?
>>
No. 883036 ID: 91ee5f

>>883003
About that radio microphone, does it have an on/off switch?

That way we don’t waste tape by recording things that don’t involve the con artist.

>>883004
We’ve only known Marsh for a few days and I can already tell that she’s a person of habit. She works, goes to the coffee place to relax, does some random things for your sister, then goes home.

I think there’s a good chance that Marsh is at the coffee place.
>>
No. 883041 ID: ee2d6e

Maybe call the coffee place and ask if she's there first, maybe, possibly?
>>
No. 883081 ID: 3abd97

>Officer Freeze
By brain keeps wanting to see this as a police officer telling us to freeze.

>Can you go grab her a cell phone, a camera, and one of our radio microphones?"
Just be careful when you have that turned on. There's a probably stuff you don't want showing up on an official record. Like the ithay andyay unray oryay ehicularvay anslaughtermay.

>What do spooky ghosts think?
Let's try the coffee shop. If she's not there, maybe you can crash in town somewhere?
>>
No. 883444 ID: 15a025
File 152588773991.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
883444

>About that radio microphone, does it have an on/off switch? That way we don’t waste tape by recording things that don’t involve the con artist.
Candy: "Hang on, quick question. Does that microphone have an on off switch? I'd hate to waste tape for stupid non-related conversations."

Officer Freeze: "How thoughtful! Yes, it does have an on and off switch. We've also got a push-to-listen model as well in-case you're a little forgetful."

Candy: "I'm fine with the power switch. It'd be my luck I forget to hold down the button."

>Just be careful when you have that turned on. There's a probably stuff you don't want showing up on an official record.

Yeah, no kidding. I'll have to be extra careful back home to make sure it's off.

>I think there’s a good chance that Marsh is at the coffee place.
>Maybe call the coffee place and ask if she's there first, maybe, possibly?
That's a good idea!
Candy: "Hey Officer Nibbles, do you have a public phone I can use?"

Officer Freeze just hands me a corded phone from behind the desk.

Officer Freeze: "What's the number?"

I- crap. I don't know their phone number.

Candy: "Do you know the phone number for the coffee place at the mall?"

Officer Freeze: "Yup! Dialing it right now."

I hear some weird turning, grindy sound come from the desk.
Officer Freeze: "Whops, hang on. Sorry, this rotary dial wasn't exactly made for someone with big paws."

Candy: "Wow, that's a pretty old phone to be using, even for here."

Officer Freeze: "It's one of the few things we still need to upgrade and replace here. It just hasn't been a priority yet."

I hear her turn the dial several more times before it finally starts ringing.
Vienna: "Hi, this is ---- --- How can I -elp?"

Ah! That static sound is hurting my ears!
Candy: "Hey Vienna, this is Candy calling. Is Marsh there?"

Vienna: "Y--h. Want me -- pu- -er on?"

Candy: "No that's fine. Can you just tell her to wait for me? I'll be there to meet up with her soon!"

The phone spits out a cacophony of static in my ear. I'll just assume he said "Yeah okay Candy!"
>>
No. 883445 ID: 15a025
File 152588777064.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
883445

I hand the phone back to Officer Freeze.
Candy: "Yeah, I'd say it's time to get a new phone. That interference on the line was horrid."

Officer Freeze: "Sorry for not giving you a heads up. It's usually not too bad though?"

Officer Nibbles: "I take it you want a ride to the mall again then?"

Candy: "Yes please!"

Officer Nibbles: "Alright, be on a look out for that con artist then. Give us a call if you see anything!"
>>
No. 883446 ID: 15a025
File 152588781685.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
883446

Officer Freeze drives me over to the mall real quick, and I scramble into the coffee place.

Vienna: "You can head on in, Marsh paid for you as soon as I told her you were coming."
>>
No. 883447 ID: 15a025
File 152588786974.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
883447

Looks like Marsh is sitting in the usual spot again. Seems like she even ordered me a peppermint tea too.
Marsh: "So what's up?"

Candy: "I passed my thing today."

Marsh: "Well let's drink to that!"

We take a little sip out of drinks.
>>
No. 883448 ID: 15a025
File 152588788956.png - (4.93KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
883448

>maybe Marsh has run into this guy at her bar?
Candy: "Hey Marsh, you ever run into this 'Con Artist Coon' guy before?"

Marsh: "No, but it sounds faintly familiar? I might have heard it from a customer or someone at the bar, why? You get ripped off or something by him?"
>>
No. 883450 ID: b1b4f3

Tell her you heard about him while taking your exam and you think you're gonna do some investigating.
>>
No. 883463 ID: 91ee5f

>>883448
Tell Marsh that you just heard about that guy while you were taking your test and heard he was spotted somewhere in the area. You just wanted to warn her to watch out for that guy.

Don’t say anything about investigating him to Marsh. You’re supposed to be undercover, don’t go telling everyone that you’re helping the cops.

Especially, since your closest friends all seem to be doing shady things. They might even kick you outta of the mansion if they think you’re gonna turn them in.
>>
No. 883554 ID: 3abd97

>>883448
Nah, they got mentioned in passing when I was doing my exam.

Might want to ask Marsh how her day's been.
>>
No. 884077 ID: 15a025
File 152618990790.png - (5.05KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
884077

>Tell her you heard about him while taking your exam and you think you're gonna do some investigating.
>Don’t say anything about investigating him to Marsh. You’re supposed to be undercover, don’t go telling everyone that you’re helping the cops. You just wanted to warn her to watch out for that guy.
>Nah, they got mentioned in passing when I was doing my exam.
Candy: "Nah, just heard about them on my out of the exam. Thought he might be worth mentioning so you can be on the watch out."

Marsh: "I know all the tricks in the book, ain't no con artist pulling a fast one on me anytime."

>Might want to ask Marsh how her day's been.
Candy: "Anyway, how's your day been?"

Marsh: "It was alright. Had to break up only one fight at the bar today, so that was at least decent."

Candy: "What happened?"

Marsh: "Couple of sports guys or whatever got in fist fight over their team losing a game on the radio or something. Probably a bet or something, I don't know."

Candy: "How'd you break it up? Did you kick'em out?"

Marsh: "Nah, I usually only kick people out if I see blood or they don't chill it. I just shut the radio off and told'em it comes back on when they quite down. About the whole bar turned round and shot some pretty angry faces at them."

Candy: "I take it everyone who comes to the bar is a big sports fan then?"

Marsh: "No, tonight was just the night of a big hockey game. I'm not a sports fan myself, but I make sure to mark the nights of big games, those are always the busiest. Can just imagine what that sports bar on the other side of town is like on those nights."

Candy: "Sports bar?"

Marsh: "Yeah, there's sports bar ways away on the opposite end of town. Sugar took me there once to check out the competition. It's nothing super fancy, but they've got a special back room where you can watch games on live cable. Costs like twenty bucks a person to get in though."
>>
No. 884085 ID: 91ee5f

>>884077
>"I know all the tricks in the book, ain't no con artist pulling a fast one on me anytime."
Then she better hope the 'Con Artist Coon' didn’t write anything new in the book!

>Sports bar
Sounds like a good place to rig a few bets or something.

Hey, Candy, I know Officer Nibbles wanted you to look into this con artist guy, but that doesn’t mean that you have to immediately find him. Officer Nibbles is probably expecting you to find him in about a week or something, not a few hours after you’ve been given you’re assignment. Besides, you’re undercover, it’ll look kinda weird if you go looking for him.

So just try to relax and go about your day like you normally do. He’ll eventually show up on his own and that’s when we’ll catch him!

.....hey I bet Marsh would love to see the look on your sister’s face when you show off your license and win that bet you made with her. Why don’t you ask if Marsh if she’d like to be there to see that when you guys go home later?

I’m sure there’s still a few thing to do in town before we head home though. Let’s ask Marsh and see if she needs help with any errands?
>>
No. 884798 ID: 15a025
File 152660118984.png - (4.93KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
884798

>Sports bar sounds like a good place to rig a few bets or something.
I'd probably be more surprised if there weren't a few rigged up bets were going on there. Reminds me a little bit of this one guy I used to drink with back in college. He used talk about recording games and then making bets with everyone the next day. Never could tell if he was just joking or if people were really that dumb to fall for something like that.

> I know Officer Nibbles wanted you to look into this con artist guy, but that doesn’t mean that you have to immediately find him. Officer Nibbles is probably expecting you to find him in about a week or something, not a few hours after you’ve been given you’re assignment. Besides, you’re undercover, it’ll look kinda weird if you go looking for him.
Going right after them would seem weird since I'm supposed to be undercover. It'll be hard to find anything out though if I don't ask around though? Maybe if I had some other excuse to be looking for him?

>try to relax and go about your day like you normally do. He’ll eventually show up on his own and that’s when we’ll catch him!
It's been a long enough day for me though. I should give it a few days and see what happens before making some kind of game plan.
>hey I bet Marsh would love to see the look on your sister’s face when you show off your license and win that bet you made with her. Why don’t you ask if Marsh if she’d like to be there to see that when you guys go home later? I’m sure there’s still a few thing to do in town before we head home though. Let’s ask Marsh and see if she needs help with any errands?
Candy: "Twenty bucks sounds like a rip off. Speaking of places, there any errands or running around you need help with?"

Marsh: "Nah, errands went to Roxie tonight. Something about some punks selling on her street?"

I stick my hoof in my pocket to make sure the recorder is turned off, it thankfully is.
Candy: "Then wanna head home and see her reaction to me getting my license?"

Marsh: "Is that the thing you went to the cops for today?"

Candy: "Yeah?"

Marsh: "You sure that's a good idea?"

Candy: "I made a bet with her on it, it'll be fine."

Marsh: "I'm still playing it safe and keeping my distance from both of you tonight."
>>
No. 884799 ID: 15a025
File 152660121011.gif - (79.06KB , 800x600 , 63.gif )
884799

Marsh pays Vienna for our drinks and then we make for our way back home.
>>
No. 884800 ID: 15a025
File 152660128396.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
884800

We walk through the front door and-
Marsh: "Oh boy my favorite. Empty flavored. Stingy jerk probably didn't even save one for me."

Candy: "Sugar, you home?!"

I hear loud belch echo from upstairs. She responds back sounding pretty hammered.
Sugar: "Does that an-answer your question?"

Marsh: "How many times did you miss the bin out here, seriously!"

Sugar: "All of the times cause there is no biiiin!"

Marsh: "Did you at least save some for me?!"

Sugar: "Noooope! You got yer own drinks at the baaaaawr."

Marsh: Tight-wad

Candy: "Hey Sugar, can you come down. I've got something to show you!"

Sugar: "You're gonna make your sis tumble all the way down there? Why don'tcha come- nevermind I'm coming, I'm coming. Yeah, I'll be back up in a second!"
>>
No. 884801 ID: 15a025
File 152660135228.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
884801

As she comes down the stairs the pungent smell of alcohol follows with, getting stronger with each step.

Sugar: "Was I hearing things? I coulda swore I was talking to Marsh down here?"
Candy: "Yeah she's-"

left me alone, great.

Candy: "She's in her room I think?"

Sugar: "Wadever. What's so important I has to climb down here to see?"

I pull my card out of my sweater pocket.

Candy: "I got my license!"

Sugar: "Let me see that then."
>>
No. 884802 ID: 15a025
File 152660140275.png - (5.95KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
884802

She gives it a long funny stare before saying anything.

Sugar: "Aaah screw you ya little dork. What'd you do, bribe'm er something? You know someone at the place and have'em hack ya in or what?"

Candy: "Nope. Just took a test and passed it."

Sugar: "Can't even at least ham it up or sometihg, or you just keeping secrets from me?"

Candy: "Nope to both."

Sugar: "Buzzzkilll... Well whatever."
>>
No. 884804 ID: 15a025
File 152660145815.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
884804

As soon as she hands me back my license, I hear someone up stairs.

???: "Sugar, you coming back-"

Sugar: "In a second! There anything else you need or want? I ain't coming back down here again tonight. Shoot, I might even need help getting back up there?"
>>
No. 884809 ID: b1b4f3

Ask her to keep some Light stones around just in case you get attacked by chimeras. Might even be nice to practice a little with one of them.
>>
No. 884827 ID: 3abd97

>It'll be hard to find anything out though if I don't ask around though? Maybe if I had some other excuse to be looking for him?
Maybe we need to think of another topic we can bring up with people that will lead to them talking about Con Artist Coon instead of asking everyone about him directly. Then word won't get back to him someone is asking about him all over town.

>There anything else you need or want?
Nah, I'm good. How was your day?

>Shoot, I might even need help getting back up there?
Help your sister up the stairs.
>>
No. 884875 ID: 15a025
File 152666469656.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
884875

>Ask her to keep some Light stones around just in case you get attacked by chimeras. Might even be nice to practice a little with one of them.
Candy: "Yeah hey, can you keep some of those light enchantment stones for me?"

Sugar: "Yeah whatever."

>Nah, I'm good. How was your day?
Candy: "How was your day today Sugar?"

She lets out a few hiccups before answering.
Sugar: "Was going real great t-till [i]someone] dragged me down here to show off."

>Help your sister up the stairs.
Candy: "Alright, I'll help you up the stairs and get back to whatever it is you were doing."

She hiccups again.
Sugar: "I thought you'd neeever offer."

I walk her up the stairs and she goes off down the hallway past her office. After I see she makes it to her room fine I head back downstairs to mine.
>>
No. 884877 ID: 15a025
File 152666486985.png - (4.11KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
884877

I plop myself up on my bed and start thinking about that raccoon again.

>Maybe we need to think of another topic we can bring up with people that will lead to them talking about Con Artist Coon instead of asking everyone about him directly. Then word won't get back to him someone is asking about him all over town.

I remember Officer Nibbles mentioned they sell stuff on the street? I could try going around asking where some rummage or street sales happen. She also mentioned something about him being a gambler? I could take a risk and try to get a name for myself as one and maybe challenge him or something? As fun as it sounds, I feel like it'd be equally risky. I could come out with extra cash though?

What are you spooky spirits thinking? Got any ideas or plans for cracking this con artist?
>>
No. 885176 ID: 5fa661

Doesn't your cousin own the local casino? You could always ask her if some coon's been hustling her customers.
>>
No. 885181 ID: 91ee5f

>>885176
We might have to wait until she’s sober for that.
>>
No. 885326 ID: 3abd97

>rummage or street sales
That might work.
>>
No. 885558 ID: 15a025
File 152702092709.png - (4.11KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
885558

>Doesn't your cousin own the local casino? You could always ask her if some coon's been hustling her customers.
Oh yeah, Sugar did mention my cousin owned a casino here or something? I could have Marsh drive me over there tomorrow and see if I can't find her.

>rummage or street sales might work.
I'll go for the rummage sales in the mean time. Knowing how "busy" my cousin claims to be, it might take a few days to get a hold of her.

I get up and head over to Marsh's room to okay the plan.
>>
No. 885559 ID: 15a025
File 152702098727.png - (4.81KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
885559

I walk in and see she's in the middle of watching something.
Candy: "Whops, Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt."

Marsh: "Nah your fine. What's up?"

Candy: "I was wondering if we could go hit up some rummage sales tomorrow?"

Marsh: "What's a rummage sale?"

Candy: "You know, like a street sale? People set up a little table somewhere and sell off some stuff they don't need any more for cheap."

Marsh: "You got any money in case you find something?"

Candy: "No. Not until Sugar decides to pay me at least."

Marsh: "Guess I'll have to float you s-"

She gets caught off by the sound of my sister getting sick up stairs.

???:Ugh man did you really have to get that all over the bed?"
Sugar: "Maaaarsh!"

Marsh: "Seriously! I'm in the middle of a movie here!"

Sugar: "Maaaarsh!"

Marsh: "I'm going have to go up there aren't I?"
>>
No. 885586 ID: ee2d6e

Did your sister just wet the bed
>>
No. 885591 ID: 91ee5f

>>885559
>"I'm going have to go up there aren't I?"
Candy, you can either go up there with Marsh or you can tell Marsh that she can stay here and you’ll go up there instead of her.

>>885586
No, she’s drunk, so she threw up in the bed.
>>
No. 885618 ID: 3abd97

>>885559
>Marsh: "I'm going have to go up there aren't I?"
*Sigh* No, I'll go. And I'll bully whoever's up there with her into helping me.
>>
No. 885727 ID: 15a025
File 152710650197.png - (4.80KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
885727

>Did your sister just wet the bed
I hope those aren't sounds of her wetting the bed.

>she’s drunk, so she threw up in the bed.
Either way this is gonna suck.

>you can either go up there with Marsh or you can tell Marsh that she can stay here and you’ll go up there instead of her.
>*Sigh* No, I'll go. And I'll bully whoever's up there with her into helping me
Candy: "Nah don't worry about it. I'll go up with you or just go myself. Maybe we can even bully whoever that is into helping us too."

That sure opens her eyes up
Marsh: "Ya know. I didn't want to go up there, but now I gotta see this."

She hits the pause button on the remote and gets up.

Marsh: "Let's go ruin her company's night then."
>>
No. 885728 ID: 15a025
File 152710659255.png - (4.67KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
885728

We creak up the stairs carefully, making sure we don't trip on any beer bottles or empty cans. Marsh takes me down the hall and over to where Sugar's room is.

Marsh: "Ugh, carful. Butter...hooves? Butter hooves here musta dropped a couple of bottles. There's some broken glass on the floor here."

Huh. That's usually not like Sugar to drop her drinks like a klutz? At least not till there empty anyway...

Marsh pounds on the door.

Sugar: "No don't come in!"

I hear her let out a little growl.
Marsh: "Then what'd I come up here for!"

Sugar: "Just....hang on!"

I hear some fumbling and sheets shuffle around in there. Shortly after I hear the floor creak a couple times.
Marsh: "Are you seriously-"

Sugar: "Shut uup I'm jussst..."

I hear something go ploof by the door, followed by some more creaking.
Sugar: "Alright just, just open the door quick and take the blanket and wash it please!"

Marsh: "With what!"

Sugar: "We gotta wash board thing downstairs in the kitchen."

Marsh: "Since w-"

There's that low growl again.

Marsh: "Never mind!"
>>
No. 885729 ID: 15a025
File 152710669188.png - (4.89KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
885729

She opens the door and pulls out a disgusting balled up blanket.

Marsh: "She could have rolled it up so the... stains were inside and not on the outside. She's probably too drunk to think that smart though."

Candy: "Well, let's see if we can't get someone else to take care this. Let's see just how drunk she is."

I prep my throat and try to impersonate my mom's voice a little bit.

Candy "Sugar!!!"

I hear her mutter something inaudible.

Sugar: "Maaarsh! Go see what Candy needs! She sounds horrid!"

Shoot, the one time you wish she was totally hammered, she isn't. Though, she doesn't seem to be able to hear that I'm right in front of her door.

If we're going to get her friend out here to wash this blanket, I might need a tricky plan. I could just head down and help Marsh wash this thing and get it over with now too. Knowing our luck and judging by all these empty bottles and cans, her friend might be just as wasted and useless as Sugar right now.

I'm also up for any other ideas on how we could try and ruin their night?
>>
No. 886245 ID: ca0e20

Ruining might not be that high of a goal. I'd say just leave the dirty blanket in the way of the door, so they have to at least step over it once they want to leave, and go do whatever else. They might make a big enough of a fuss once they try to get out for you guys to be alerted that they are leaving the room.
>>
No. 886259 ID: 91ee5f

>>885729
Ask Marsh why she puts up with this? You doubt Sugar is paying her enough for this.

>I'm also up for any other ideas on how we could try and ruin their night?
Think back to when you last saw her. Was there anything that could make Sugar drop everything she’s doing and focus her full attention on it? Doing something like that will make her rush outta the room and leave her buddy alone in there.

Or does Marsh know how to get into Sugar’s car? You could just throw that disgusting blanket in her car.

Then again, we could just stick with the classic plan of “making too much noise to do anything fun”. You guys bought power tools, right? Just start doing repairs around the house.....specifically, the ones closest to Sugar’s room and/or in the rooms on both sides of Sugar’s room. Marsh will hate having to do work, but if it’s for ruining Surgar’s evening, then she might enjoy doing it.
>>
No. 886477 ID: 15a025
File 152743692689.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
886477

>Think back to when you last saw her. Was there anything that could make Sugar drop everything she’s doing and focus her full attention on it?
Hard to think off the top of my head, it's been so long. Only thing she'd ever really care about enough to drop everything is back when we were in school. The second we heard our parent's truck pull in the yard we dropped everything and panicked to hide our stash. That or, her finding the stash went missing.

>Ruining might not be that high of a goal. I'd say just leave the dirty blanket in the way of the door, so they have to at least step over it once they want to leave, and go do whatever else.
Candy: "Never mind. I got another idea. Just toss the blanket on the ground by her door."

Marsh: "Okay?"

She plops it on the ground.

Candy: "Alright, let's head down stairs now."
>>
No. 886478 ID: 15a025
File 152743703292.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
886478

Marsh: "Alright, so what are we doing?"

>Then again, we could just stick with the classic plan of “making too much noise to do anything fun”. You guys bought power tools, right? Just start doing repairs around the house.....specifically, the ones closest to Sugar’s room and/or in the rooms on both sides of Sugar’s. Marsh will hate having to do work, but if it’s for ruining Surgar’s evening, then she might enjoy doing it.
Candy: "Where's that drill we bought, Marsh?"

Marsh: "Closest down the hall. Why?"

Candy: "Any re-pair work around the house we can do that'd involve the drill? More importantly around Sugar's room."

Marsh: "Why? You going to put me to work too?"

Candy: "Kind of. The idea here is, they can't do anything fun if there's too much noise interrupting."

Marsh: "Well in that case, who says we actually have to be doing any work? We could probably just run some stuff down here and say we're working on something."

Candy: "That work's until she comes out to see what's going on."

>They might make a big enough of a fuss once they try to get out for you guys to be alerted that they are leaving the room.
Candy: "We'll be able tell when she's coming and have plenty of time to hide though."
>>
No. 886479 ID: 15a025
File 152743714012.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
886479

Marsh rushes off and comes back with a drill and a hammer.
Marsh: "Here you can have the drill. I'm going to go vent a bit and pound on something with the hammer incase it isn't loud enough."

>Ask Marsh why she puts up with this? You doubt Sugar is paying her enough for this.
Candy: "Oh hang on, I've got question Marsh."

Marsh: "What's up?"

Candy: "Why do you put up with all this? She can't possibly be paying you enough to do all this work?"

Marsh: "Because I'd be on the streets, or... worse. She's the only person in town that even bothered to even think of hiring me. She can be a real pain in the neck sometimes and one of these nights I'd love to knock her upside the head, but, she's also the one letting me stay here for free."

Candy: "Never really thought of Sugar as the charitable one. Pepper maybe, but Sugar? I'm surprised she's not making you pay rent or doing something shady. At the same time, I doubt anyone would actually pay to-"

Marsh just starts pounding the hammer on the floor.
Marsh: "Well, you going to start making some noise or what?"

Guess that's my hint to zip it for now. I turn the drill on and "rev it up" a couple of times. It's not super loud, but I'm sure Sugar can hear it up there.

After a couple minutes of "hard work" I hear Sugar yell down at us.
Sugar: "Maaarsh keep it down!"

Marsh: "Can't, doing some important repair work here!"

Sugar: "What about washing my blanket!"

Marsh: "I can't wash it because...."

Candy: "We can't get in the kitchen because the door's stuck or something!"

Sugar: "Then fix it!"

Marsh: "What does it sound like we're doing!"

She doesn't say anything back.

We give her a few moments of peace before we go back to fixing this door.
Candy: "Alright Marsh I think we're going to have to just rip this thing out!"

Marsh: "You think so?!"

Candy: "Yup!"

Sugar: "I don't need your play by play commentary about the door down there you know! Keep it down!"

Marsh starts pounding on the wood a little harder while I lean over left and right a little to make the floor creak. As we go on I hear my sister let out a loud, annoyed groan.

Sugar: "That isn't keeping it down you two!"
>>
No. 886480 ID: 15a025
File 152743718121.png - (5.87KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
886480

After some more pounding and drilling, I hear Sugar finally come out of her room.
Sugar: "I- Oh come on!"

I look over to see Marsh trying to hold her laughter in.

Marsh: "Oh no wait. Shoot. She's coming!"

The question now is do we go hide or confront her? Or something else?
>>
No. 886778 ID: ca0e20

Maybe one of you stay to confront Sugar (Marsh) and the other tries and sneak past her to go and see who's with her in her room (You).

Marsh can tell Sugar that you guys were working on repairs. Seems more important than cleaning Sugar's mess at the time and you can say that you guys were totally gonna clean that sheet after the repairs... If there was time afterwards. Marsh can lie and say you got some glasses of water from the kitchen (especially if that's in the opposite direction from the stairs up to her room, allowing Marsh to possibly join you).
>>
No. 886785 ID: 91ee5f

>>886480
Quick, both of you hide!
>>
No. 886786 ID: 15a025
File 152761837293.png - (5.93KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
886786

>Maybe one of you stay to confront Sugar (Marsh) and the other tries and sneak past her to go and see who's with her in her room (You).
Might be a bit of a challenge with how much the floor creaks, but I should be safe if I creep up slowly. I'll hide behind the stairs and go up after she comes down. How's Marsh going to keep her down here and out of her room though?

>Marsh can tell Sugar that you guys were working on repairs. Seems more important than cleaning Sugar's mess at the time and you can say that you guys were totally gonna clean that sheet after the repairs... If there was time afterwards. Marsh can lie and say you got some glasses of water from the kitchen (especially if that's in the opposite direction from the stairs up to her room, allowing Marsh to possibly join you).
Good idea, she might get curious as to where I'm at. I explain the plan to Marsh quickly while I go hide.

The floor boards creak as she comes down.

Sugar: "I though you were fixing the door."

Marsh: "I am, or was."

Sugar: "Now maaaybe I might have had a little too much to drink tonight, but I don't see a door here Marsh."

Marsh: "Why would the kitchen door be out here?"

Sugar: "Then why are you out here and not there fixing?"

Marsh: "I was just going to see if we had any more screws. We might of stripped some taking it out."

Sugar: "Oh. Well be more careful next time."
>>
No. 886787 ID: 15a025
File 152761840995.png - (6.24KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
886787

Marsh looks up briefly and sees I'm only half way up the stairs.

Marsh: "Say, how bad would it be if I said we needed to just get a whole new door for the kitchen?"
Sugar: "March, don't tell you broke it ripping it out."

Marsh: "I didn't breaking it ripping it out, it was already broken!"

Sugar: "Oh, yeah. Guess you two wouldn't be tearing it out if wasn't- wait. Where's Candy at anyway?"

Marsh: "In the kitchen, getting some water. Hard works thirsty work."

Sugar: "How is she in the kitchen if the door won't open?"

Marsh: "I told you we just ripped it out."

Sugar: "I think I might need to ask Candy for a glass myself then."

I'll say.
>>
No. 886788 ID: 15a025
File 152761845921.png - (4.51KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
886788

Once I'm up I head over to Sugar's room and- she locked her door. Guess I'm getting them out here the hard way. I fumble with the door knob a bit more before knocking on it.

???: "Door stuck or something?"

Luckily her voice is a little easier to impersonate.

Candy: "No I... dang it I musta locked it on my way out!"

???: "Well unlock it then?"

I try to make it sound like I'm looking for a key.

Candy: "Don't got it!"

???: "Guess I'll just have to let you-"
>>
No. 886789 ID: 15a025
File 152761847599.png - (4.77KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
886789

They open up the door.
???: "You're not Sugar?"
>>
No. 886791 ID: ca0e20

Make sure the door can't be closed again if they try. I think we're trying to figure out who they are, right? Tell her you're Sugar's sister and ask them who they are in return.
>>
No. 886798 ID: b1b4f3

Tell him you wanted to meet the guy who's dating your sister.
>>
No. 887176 ID: 91ee5f

>>886789
Wait a second, is this guy even drunk? If not, then why is only your sister drunk?! You might want to question him about that!

>>886791
>>886798
Pretty much these.
>>
No. 887204 ID: 15a025
File 152787213316.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
887204

>Make sure the door can't be closed again if they try. I think we're trying to figure out who they are, right? Tell her you're Sugar's sister and ask them who they are in return.
>Tell him you wanted to meet the guy who's dating your sister.
I put my arm up on the door in case they try to shut it.

Candy: "No, I'm here sister Candy. You are?"

???: "Me? Oh yeah I'm uh..."

I notice him looking around when he stops at one of the beer cans.
???: "You can just call me uh, Baaaawsh."

I just roll my eyes.

Candy: "So what brings you out here?"

Bawsh: "Oh uh... business."

Candy: "What kind of business?"

Bawsh: "Some uh... candy sales. Ordered some stuff from her store in town and then she invited me over for a few drinks."
Candy: "I can see that."

He glances down at the blanket
Bawsh: "Yeah, your sister doesn't seem like she can hold it down that well."

>Wait a second, is this guy even drunk?
Candy: "Yeah speaking of, you sound a lot more sober than she does right now. How come?"

Bawsh: "She's she's kind of like, hogging it all to herself. I've had about three or four cans tonight."

That seems about right. I think I've only seen four cans laying around. The only thing odd here is Sugar doesn't drink anything out of a can. She's kind of snob and only drinks from those glass bottles.

Are there any other questions I should ask "Bawsh" here, or should I just get to the point and tell them to start helping clean up this dump?
>>
No. 887206 ID: b1b4f3

>>887204
>beer cans, no glass bottles
So either she got smashed before she came home with this guy and gave up her glass bottle habit because she was suddenly self-conscious about it, or she's been drugged. Either way he's lying. Suspicious. What are the chances Sugar tried to make herself look less like a snob in front of this guy? If that's approximately zero, call him out on his lies.

She probably shouldn't be drunk alone with a stranger in her bedroom regardless. Strongarm him into helping clean up since this is at least partly his fault.
While cleaning up you gotta ask Sugar how drunk she was before she got here. Then ask how much she's been drinking here, and where all the glass bottles are.
>>
No. 887331 ID: 15a025
File 152799963132.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
887331

>beer cans, no glass bottles. So either she got smashed before she came home with this guy and gave up her glass bottle habit because she was suddenly self-conscious about it, or she's been drugged. Either way he's lying. Suspicious. What are the chances Sugar tried to make herself look less like a snob in front of this guy? If that's approximately zero, call him out on his lies.
I might have mis-spoke. I've seen only four cans laying around. There's glass bottles all over the place. I even had to be real careful walking up here with that broken one still laying around. What I'm curious about is why she'd have cans of beer here. Or, well I guess he could have brought his own to drink? He still doesn't exactly rub me in trust worthy way.

>She probably shouldn't be drunk alone with a stranger in her bedroom regardless. Strongarm him into helping clean up since this is at least partly his fault.
Candy: "Well, I hate to be tonight's buzz kill but you two made quite the mess out there and if you think I'm cleaning this up myself you're mistaken."

Bawsh: "Hey I'm sure Sugar will help out."

Candy: "She's so wasted I had to help her back up the stairs earlier. You'd really make her help clean up?"

Bawsh: "Well obviously not now. Just do it in the morning."

Candy: "When she's got a horrible hangover from all this?"

Bawsh: "Hey I'm not the one who made this giant mess."

Candy: "You made part of it. I'm assuming those beer cans laying around are yours."

He's eying up the door.

Candy: "Just remember we finished ripping out a door from the kitchen to get a wash board for that crusty blanket laying there."

Bawsh: "Wouldn't that be more work than just cleaning up the mess? Plus-"

Candy: "Plus we'd be making you clean everything up yourself then."

Bawsh: "...Fine, I'll help out."

Candy: "Good, you can start out by washing that blanket then."

Bawsh: "Oh what! No way! Besides she asked you to do first."

Candy: "And as the carrier of scrubbing duty, I pass it down to you. Marsh will show where all the cleaning supplies are at."

Bawsh: "Man this sucks."
>>
No. 887332 ID: 15a025
File 152799966855.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
887332

He comes out of the room and picks up the blanket.

Candy: "Alright let's- what's with the backpack?"

He gags a bit trying to reply.

Bawsh: "Ju- just my bag. Gonna stash those bottles and cans for returns later."

Candy: "Whatever gets you to help out I guess."
>>
No. 887333 ID: 15a025
File 152799971091.png - (6.16KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
887333

We head downstairs where we see Marsh picking up bottles already.
Marsh: "So who's this?"

Candy: "Our honorary helper of the night. You got that wash board and some water?"

Marsh: "Nice. It's filling up in the kitchen right now."

Candy: "And where's Sugar?"

Marsh: "Sleeping on the kitchen table."

Candy: "She okay?"

Marsh: "Yeah, I wouldn't be standing around here picking up bottles if she wasn't. Just left her there for a bit while we get her bed made."

Candy: "Alright, you two go in the kitchen and take care of her. I'll take over bottle duty."

Bawsh groans as Marsh drags him off into the kitchen.
>>
No. 887334 ID: 15a025
File 152799975245.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
887334

I start picking up some bottles and notice there's something in a few of them? I take a closer look and see she's been using them as ash trays too. Real cute, sis.
>>
No. 887335 ID: 15a025
File 152799978937.png - (5.95KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
887335

After cleaning up a bit, hauling Sugar into bed, and making Bawsh finish picking things up, we're faced with another problem.

Bawsh: "I don't got a ride home."

Marsh: "Well I ain't making another trip into town tonight. That's another two hours worth the gas out the tubes."

Bawsh: "Can't I stay here tonight?"

Marsh: "I don't know about her, but if it was up to me you'd be sleeping in a snow bank."

Bawsh: "Now is that how you treat a customer and your boss' guest?"
>>
No. 887336 ID: 15a025
File 152799996324.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
887336

I can hear that nasty low growl coming from Marsh again.

I hear her mutter something to me.

Marsh: "Candy, help me out here."

Candy: "We can't throw him out -"

The louder growling coming from Marsh makes me stop that sentence.

Candy: "Okay, Bawsh. I'm sure if you give Marsh some gas money I'm sure she'd bring you home."

Marsh: "Candy. No one could pay me enough to drive this guy into town. Alone. At night."
Bawsh: "Guess I'm staying here tonight then?"

Marsh: "Candy..."

I get the feeling Marsh is slowly losing her self-control here. I'm not sure what to do here, but I gotta do something before she does!
>>
No. 887350 ID: 5fa661

Tell him you won't even consider letting him stay unless he empties out that backpack first.
>>
No. 887353 ID: 91ee5f

>>887332
>He gags a bit trying to reply.
>Bawsh: "Ju- just my bag. Gonna stash those bottles and cans for returns later."
Either he’s got his own private things he’s afraid of you stealing in his bag or he’s got a bunch of stuff that he stole from Sugar’s bedroom.

.....hang on, just to be sure, does he vaguely look kinda like a raccoon? Just in case this guy happens to be the con artist.

But if he doesn’t look like a raccoon, then just forget I said anything about it.

>>887336
>"Candy. No one could pay me enough to drive this guy into town. Alone. At night."
Who said anything about her going alone? You’d go with her because, you know, safety in numbers and all that.

But she’s right, we can’t go out at night.

Hmmm, I guess it all depends on if there’s anything he stole from us in his bag or not. If there isn’t anything he stole from us, then I guess maaaybe he can stay for the night.
>>
No. 887371 ID: 21ea40

All you know is this guy is a con artist. seems kinda strange he has a backpack. I would make sure to keep a eye on him. never know if he will back stab you.
>>
No. 887419 ID: 15a025
File 152804918322.png - (6.13KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
887419

>hang on, just to be sure, does he vaguely look kinda like a raccoon? Just in case this guy happens to be the con artist.
Nah, his ears are too big and floppy. If anything I'd say he looks just a hair bit more like a goat than a sheep honestly. If a goat could grow wool that is.

>All you know is this guy is a con artist. seems kinda strange he has a backpack.
>Tell him you won't even consider letting him stay unless he empties out that backpack first.
>Hmmm, I guess it all depends on if there’s anything he stole from us in his bag or not.
Candy: "Okay, before we even make a decision on him staying or going, he needs to empty that backpack out."

Bawsh: "Sure, no problem. Just got my beer cans and some bottles in it."

Marsh: "Do it slowly too. One thing at a time."

Bawsh: "Yeah. Yeah. Sure."

He does so, and it goes fine till he starts pulling something out and then puts it back in...
>>
No. 887420 ID: 15a025
File 152804927924.gif - (154.19KB , 800x600 , 91.gif )
887420

Bawsh: "Crap! "

Marsh: "What was that?"

Bawsh: "Uh...just ah... magazine."

Marsh: "Why are you packing ammo in there?!"

Bawsh: "What?! No! No! Not that kind of magazine! I'm talking like a magazine! A book!"

Marsh: "Pull it out anyway."

Bawsh: "D.. do I really have to?"

Marsh: "Yes!"

Bawsh: Ah man...

He pulls it out and Marsh snatches it to take a look. She then quickly tosses it back at him.

Marsh: "Okay I didn't want him staying here before, now I really don't want him staying here."

Bawsh: "Hey I tried to hint at what that was!"

Marsh: "Zip it and keep emptying it out."

Bawsh: "That was it. See?"
>>
No. 887421 ID: 15a025
File 152804929611.png - (6.14KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
887421

He opens it up and shows that it is in fact empty.
>>
No. 887422 ID: 15a025
File 152804933643.png - (6.18KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
887422

>Who said anything about her going alone? You’d go with her because, you know, safety in numbers and all that. But she’s right, we can’t go out at night.

Candy: "Well Marsh, driving alone isn't the safest, so I'm willing to come with you, but it's also night. I can't really do anything to change that or make it any safer. Come on he emptied out his bag and doesn't have anything we need to really worry about. I think it's best if we just let him stay here tonight."

Marsh: "Fine. He stays in your room though and you get my couch tonight."

Candy: "I'm fine with that. Bawsh?"

Bawsh: "Yeah sure. Cool."

Marsh: "Alright then. Be ready early in the morning then cause were leaving at seven."

Bawsh just sighs and has me show him where my room is.
>>
No. 887423 ID: 15a025
File 152804936831.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
887423

After that I head into Marsh's room.
>>
No. 887435 ID: b1b4f3

>>887423
Ask if there's a reason she's so hostile towards the guy. Is she expecting him to rob the place while we sleep?
>>
No. 887502 ID: 21ea40

We might regret it, but what kind of magazine was it? Just to make sure we are all on the same page.
Pun not intended
>>
No. 887551 ID: 15a025
File 152812947737.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
887551

>Ask if there's a reason she's so hostile towards the guy. Is she expecting him to rob the place while we sleep?
Candy: "How come you were so aggressive towards Bawsh? You kind of have me worried a little."

Marsh: "I wasn't being aggressive, I'm just angry and tired."

Candy: "Marsh, you looked like you were ready to pound him through the floor early."

Marsh: "He'd be lucky if that was it..."

Candy: "Marsh!"

Marsh: "Come on the guy is dancing around with a sign saying 'I'm hiding something'!"

Candy: "Okay yeah, he's a little suspicious but he didn't have anything on dangerous on him."

Marsh: "Did you miss that part where I said he's hiding something?"

Candy: "Alright, what's he hiding then?"

Marsh: "Okay, let's take a few steps back here and remember why he was here. He said he was a customer right?"

Candy: "Yeah?"

Marsh: "And what does your sister sell again?"

Candy: "Drugs."

Marsh: "And did he have in his bag?"

Candy: "No. He could have smoked them all already? Actually they might have. Sugar was using some of the beer bottles as ash trays."

Marsh: "Come on he barely looked like he had anything at all tonight compared to Sugar. Not to mention those were just plain cigarettes in those bottles."

Candy: "So maybe he's lying about buying drugs? Why though?"

Marsh: "He's trying to cover up why he's really here."

Candy: "You think he's here to rob us tonight? There's nothing here really wor-"

Nothing other than some enchantment stones...
Candy: "Okay yeah, he might be here to rob us."

Marsh: "Huh? Oh yeah, that's possible too but not where I was going. I'm locking the door just to be safe."

Candy: "So where are you going with this?"

Marsh: "I think he was here trying to fish for some info or something."

Candy: "What led you to that conclusion?"

Marsh: "What really tipped me off here is when he called Sugar our boss."

Candy: "What's wrong with that?"

Marsh: "Nobody ever calls her 'the boss' or 'our boss' Candy. She's just Sugar to everyone. Then there's how he just dropped that line like he was trying to black mail us or something."

Candy: "I'm not seeing how that makes him some kind of 'spy' Marsh."

Marsh: "This is totally a spy situation or worse Candy. He just shows up here with Sugar while we're gone, she gets wasted, and he doesn't."
>>
No. 887552 ID: 15a025
File 152812950442.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
887552

> We might regret it, but what kind of magazine was it? Just to make sure we are all on the same page.
Pun not intended
Candy: "Going off topic here, but what about that magazine he had? What was that?"

Marsh replies with the most disgusted tone I've heard from her yet.

Marsh: "It was Fiiiillllllth."

Well, I think we're on the same page there at least. I'm not quite sure I'm with Marsh about Bawsh though.
>>
No. 887567 ID: 91ee5f

>>887551
>Nothing other than some enchantment stones...
Does Marsh know where those are at? Because that’s something you should at least keep in the same room with you!

Hell, ask if Marsh knows where any of the valuables are!

And you said Bawsh had wool, right? Could he have something hidden under there?
>>
No. 887573 ID: 21ea40

I would worry about this later. I got a feeling that Marsh will be a big part. Might want to tell her about us...

Never know with the church being attacked, and stabbing that happened a some time ago. make sure you tell her in private, Trust is earned not giving... Hey don't look at me like that I am as worried about our life as yours.
off topic I am not going to lie to you. Time is hard to tell when your in a magical prison of beyond the grave...

and please lets wait until tomorrow before we do anything else.
>>
No. 887575 ID: 91ee5f

>>887573
>Might want to tell her about us...
I’m not entirely sure about doing that. At least, not yet anyways.

Sure, she seems to be pretty reliable, but there’s a lot that we don’t know about her. She might not be as trustworthy as she looks!
>>
No. 887595 ID: 4eba89

Is there any way you can lock him in the room, or maybe sleep right outside the door or something so that he can't physically leave without alerting you?
>>
No. 887598 ID: b1b4f3

Jeez, Marsh noticed all that stuff? She's a better detective than both you and us combined it seems. Or maybe she was just more on guard.
>>
No. 887643 ID: 15a025
File 152816722960.png - (5.09KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
887643

>tell her about us...
>I’m not entirely sure about doing that. At least, not yet anyways.
I'll keep you guys a secret for now then. Marsh is probably the most trustworthy person here to tell, but I still don't know her all that well.

>Jeez, Marsh noticed all that stuff? She's a better detective than both you and us combined it seems. Or maybe she was just more on guard.
It might be I just don't have as much experience around here with people as she does. I still don't understand the whole calling Sugar "the boss" or whatever that was about. I think what I'm more confused on is the drugs. Why would he lie about that?

>you said Bawsh had wool, right? Could he have something hidden under there?
He might be able to hide something small in his wool? Maybe that's where he's keeping his drugs?

>Does Marsh know where those [enchantment stones] are at? Because that’s something you should at least keep in the same room with you!
I don't think she even knows about them? I forget if I even told her or not.
Candy: "Marsh, do you about the bag of enchantment stones Sugar got recently?"

Marsh: "She mentioned something about them the other day to me."

Candy: "Where are they?"

Marsh: "I don't know, she didn't tell me. If they're worth anything, she's probably got them locked up tighter than a knot."

>Is there any way you can lock him in the room, or maybe sleep right outside the door or something so that he can't physically leave without alerting you?
Candy: "If you really think he's up to something Marsh, we could try and lock him in my room or put something that'd make noise if he left?"

Marsh: "Hmm, well the extreme idea would be moving my couch into the hallway and put it in front of his door. We crash out on the couch and he ain't getting out."

Candy: "That seems like a lot of effort and I doubt both of us could sleep on that couch."

Marsh: "Okay, idea two. We just stay up all night."

Candy: "We've got work tomorrow Marsh."

Marsh: "Alright, well hmmm. I might have a bell or something we could tie onto the door?"

Candy: "The bell will work great, unfortunately."

Marsh: "Unfortunately?"

Candy: "I can't stand the sound of bells chiming and ringing. It'll probably wake me up tonight if it starts jingling."
Marsh: "You too?"

Candy: "Guess that's our plan then."

Marsh: "I'll go dig up what I've got and string them up on the door."

I'll have to remember to rip those down later when Bawsh leaves.
>>
No. 887644 ID: 15a025
File 152816724910.png - (5.10KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
887644

It takes Marsh a bit to find some, and soon she's running off with a string of'em, jingling away a nasty cacophony of sounds. There's no way I could miss hearing those dead in the night.
>>
No. 887645 ID: 15a025
File 152816728324.png - (4.57KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
887645

After she comes back she plops herself on the couch and resumes her movie from earlier.
Marsh: "Mind if finish watching this while you doze off on the couch here?"

I let out a little yawn.
Candy: "Go for it. Just turn the volume down a little."

I lay down on the couch and fall asleep to the sounds of cheesy gun shots and monster noises. Night spooky ghosts. See you all in the morning.
>>
No. 887715 ID: 21ea40

Hey candy, Remember how you said we were ghost? if there is a heaven and hell, would we be angles or demons? I mean if we are dead we had to die, right?
>>
No. 887720 ID: d7b8dc

Sleep well wooly gal.
>>
No. 887726 ID: 21ea40

Goodnight, Candy Cane. I hope you have sweet dreams... I would see myself out.
>>
No. 887739 ID: 91ee5f

>>887645
Don’t worry, as long as you’re wearing us while you’re sleeping, we’ll wake you up if something or someone sneaks into the room with you and Marsh!
>>
No. 887754 ID: 15a025
File 152822812967.png - (4.50KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
887754

Marsh: "You almost ready Candy!"

Ah there you are!
Candy: "Yup, just a second!"

I'm so sorry spooky ghosts. I forgot to stash you all in my pocket before going to bed. I guess you all fell off and rolled under the couch on me?
>Hey candy, Remember how you said we were ghost? if there is a heaven and hell, would we be angles or demons? I mean if we are dead we had to die, right?
I don't think demons or chimeras would be willing to throw helpful advice out to a random sheep, or for free at least. So I'd have to say guardian angels or something like that. Speaking of what you all are, I wonder if Officer Nibbles would know that?

Marsh: "Car's running Candy!"

Candy: "Coming!"
>>
No. 887755 ID: 15a025
File 152822817808.png - (5.96KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
887755

Marsh: "Alright. Candy you're sitting behind me. Bawsh, you're sitting next to her. Got it?"

Candy: "I'm fine with that."

Bawsh: "Yeah, yeah."
>>
No. 887756 ID: 15a025
File 152822828081.png - (5.57KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
887756

We hop in the car and take off.
Marsh: "Alright, so where in town do you live Bawsh?"

Bawsh:" Huh? Oh yeah you can just drop me off at the mall."

Marsh: "You live at the mall?"

Bawsh: "No, but I got some stocking up to do."

Marsh: "I ain't a taxi driver here you know."

Bawsh: "I do know, that's why I said you can just drop me off there. I got cash to call taxi afterwards."

Marsh: "Alright, the mall it is then."
>>
No. 887757 ID: 15a025
File 152822830106.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
887757

It's a pretty quite ride until we get to the mall. Marsh pulls up the car to the drop off spot and Bawsh gets out.

Bawsh: "Hey, thanks again for the-"
>>
No. 887758 ID: 15a025
File 152822832640.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
887758

Someone familiar dressed in purple cuts Bawsh off and shoves him out of their way.
>>
No. 887765 ID: 21ea40

>>887754
We are what you would have call a Human or homo sapiens if you like a more scientific term.... Basically a hairless ape. were we came from magic does not exist... But hey we lived in a technology centered world.

>>887758
Save him, as much as we would like to leave and you know. I am pretty sure Sugar would be less inclined on him being the next one to join the land of the dead. hey if needed drop him off somewhere else.
>>
No. 887769 ID: 91ee5f

>>887765
>Save him
Save him from what? Being shoved? Well, too late, he already got shoved!

And he’s not dying! He was only shoved out of the way, he wasn’t stabbed or anything like that!

Although, he might’ve gotten something stolen from his bag when he got shoved.
>>
No. 887780 ID: b1b4f3

>>887758
I kindof want to follow that guy.
>>
No. 887828 ID: d7b8dc

...Raccoon. Purple robes. Uh. Is this the con artist or one of the creepy cultists or BOTH?

...Also did Bawsh just get mugged
>>
No. 887833 ID: 91ee5f

>>887758
By “familiar” do you mean the same guy that attacked us and then Marsh ran him over with her car?
>>
No. 887837 ID: ca0e20

Are they running? If so chase them!
If they are walking, tail them!

Also ask Bawsh to check his person to see if he's missing any objects from his pockets and whatnot.
>>
No. 887902 ID: 15a025
File 152830533062.png - (4.95KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
887902

>Raccoon. Purple robes. Uh. Is this the con artist or one of the creepy cultists or BOTH?
>By “familiar” do you mean the same guy that attacked us and then Marsh ran him over with her car?
I doubt it's the same guy Marsh ran over. They do look similar to the group of them that chased us that night. As for if it's the raccoon, I'm not sure. I couldn't really tell what species they were.

>he might’ve gotten something stolen from his bag when he got shoved.
>ask Bawsh to check his person to see if he's missing any objects from his pockets and whatnot.
Candy: "Bawsh check your bag and make sure nothing got stolen."

Bawsh: "Nothing much to steal in there. Just those empty bottles and cans."

Marsh: "Oh no, what if he, stole your magazine!"

I giggle a bit, but Bawsh opens up his bag and gives a sigh of relief when he finds it's still there.

Bawsh: "Wew, still there."

Marsh "Seriously?"
>>
No. 887903 ID: 15a025
File 152830537433.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
887903

Just then, a dog comes running towards us.
???: "Hey, did you see someone dressed in purple robes run by here?"

Marsh: "Yeah he just ran off towards that way. Why?"

???: "Thanks!"

>I kindof want to follow that guy.
>Are they running? If so chase them!
Candy: "Hey wait, are you going after them?"

???: "Yes!"

Candy: "Then hop in, it'll be faster!"

Marsh: "Candy!"

???: "Thanks, again!"

He jumps over the door and buckles up.
???: "Alright, after them!"

Marsh just groans and speeds off.
>>
No. 887904 ID: 15a025
File 152830542566.png - (4.96KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
887904

Candy: "So... who are you?"

???: "Name's Cliff. Mall security."

Marsh: "Got a badge or- oh wait I kind of know you? You're in that little coffee shop every now and then right?"

Cliff: "Yup. I've seen you in there a couple of- hang on I'm getting buzzed."

I hear some radio static before Cliff starts talking into a little radio.
Cliff: "This is Cliff. Yup! I'm in hot pursuit of the thief right now!"

Candy: "What'd he steal?"

Cliff: "A lot of tapes from the movie store."

Marsh: "All this is over some movies?"

Cliff: "No, we're after him for stabbing several customers and the clerk!"

Candy: "What is it with these jerks and stabbing everyone!"

Cliff: "Wait, you know this guy?"

Candy: "Not really. There's just been a lot of these purple creeps going around stab-"
>>
No. 887905 ID: 15a025
File 152830547529.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
887905

Marsh makes a sharp turn into the parking lot and chases him all the way to the back end. Once we get to an empty spot she speeds up, turns around, and cuts the guy off. Cliff hurries up and jumps out of the car.

Cliff: "Stop right-!"

The thief tosses a knife, just barely missing Cliff and hitting Marsh's door instead.

Marsh: "You're gonna pay for that you purple little freak!"
>>
No. 887908 ID: b1b4f3

>>887905
You got your fireball stone right? Get out and lend aid if you can, by blocking off the criminal's escape.
>>
No. 887909 ID: 21ea40

It boogie time! Time to uses your special gift... or at least get it ready for combat... Grab the knife from the door if possible.
>>
No. 887914 ID: 91ee5f

>>887908
>You got your fireball stone right?
>>887909
>Time to uses your special gift.
Guys, Candy doesn't have that fireball enchantment stone with her!

It was only given to her so that she could use it for her test to get her enchantment stone license. After the test was over, she gave it back to the cops.

We are the only enchantment stone she has right now and last time I checked, we don’t have a fireball enchantment on us!
>>
No. 887916 ID: b1b4f3

>no stone
Well... we should try to block the cultist's path anyway.
>>
No. 887920 ID: 5fa661

Start throwing Bawsh's empties at the cultist.
>>
No. 887935 ID: 15a025
File 152832437108.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
887935

>You got your fireball stone right? Get out and lend aid if you can, by blocking off the criminal's escape.
I wish I had it right now! Officer Nibbles and Officer Freeze took the collar and stone back when we left yesterday.

>Grab the knife from the door if possible.
Well, at least I'm prepared with my own knife already! Marsh or Cliff can grab it if they want.

>Start throwing Bawsh's empties at the cultist.

Candy: "Bawsh ha-"
Dang it, we left him by the drop off!

>It boogie time!
>Well... we should try to block the cultist's path anyway.

I sneak my knife from my pocket get out from the car. I hurry up and try to run to the thief's other side.
>>
No. 887936 ID: 15a025
File 152832438334.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
887936

The thief's got another knife and tries to stab me, but misses!
>>
No. 887951 ID: 91ee5f

>>887936
Good!

And I say this because, according to the law, you’re now allowed to stab him with your knife to try and subdue him! If you end up killing him by accident, then it counts as self defense and you won’t be arrested for killing him!

So fight back with your knife!
>>
No. 887954 ID: b1b4f3

I suggest NOT getting into a knife fight without some serious martial arts training. You are going to get stabbed if you try to get within range to attack, there is almost no way to avoid it. Focus on staying out of his reach.
>>
No. 887966 ID: d7b8dc

You're the distraction. The mall cop is the one who's going to nab him. Just try to keep his attention on you and focus on defense, but if he turns to focus on mall cop, try to stab his arm.
>>
No. 887979 ID: 21ea40

Go for the neck. Nice quick cut should do nicely, That or go for the knee. I mean we can end it with him faster if he is dead. I mean I remember hearing if you stab a kidney someone goes into shock because of the pain... I mean if you want to go with the prison tactics we can go there. No I haven't been there.
>>
No. 887980 ID: b1b4f3

Uh also definitely don't try to kill this guy, he needs to be interrogated so the whole cult can be taken down.
>>
No. 888072 ID: 15a025
File 152839103763.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
888072

>You're the distraction. The mall cop is the one who's going to nab him. Just try to keep his attention on you and focus on defense, but if he turns to focus on mall cop, try to stab his arm.
>Focus on staying out of his reach.
>definitely don't try to kill this guy, he needs to be interrogated so the whole cult can be taken down.

I try to stay light on my feet and start backing up a little, ready to run in case he charges or throws his knife at me. Best thing I can do to keep his attention on me is just trying to fake him out. I shift around a little bit and try to make it look like I'm ready to strike.
>>
No. 888073 ID: 15a025
File 152839105842.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 112.png )
888073

Cliff bashes him in the head with something.
>>
No. 888074 ID: 15a025
File 152839107567.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
888074

The cultist is down!
>>
No. 888075 ID: 21ea40

Woo... now time to grab some sorta rope from the junk trunk!
>>
No. 888076 ID: 21ea40

>>888074
That a night stick! otherwise known as a police Baton! Useless info - night sticks are straight with a little bar on the side, day sticks are more like a club.
>>
No. 888096 ID: b1b4f3

I think the officer will have handcuffs, no need to get rope. Let her handle the rest.
>>
No. 888220 ID: d7b8dc

Take no chances, go with this guy until he's at the police station. Also maybe doublecheck that he isn't dead. Typing up with rope is a really good idea though, don't forget the legs.
>>
No. 888251 ID: 91ee5f

Let Cliff handcuff him!

And now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for! Let’s pull back the hood and see who this guy is!
>>
No. 888257 ID: 15a025
File 152847659012.png - (5.12KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
888257

>Take no chances, go with this guy until he's at the police station. Also maybe doublecheck that he isn't dead.
>I think the officer will have handcuffs, no need to get rope.
Candy: "Cuff'em Cliff. Maybe make sure they're still alive too?"

Cliff pulls out a pair of handcuffs and goes to cuff'em.
>>
No. 888258 ID: 15a025
File 152847660670.png - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
888258

Candy: "Cliff Watch out!"
>>
No. 888259 ID: 15a025
File 152847662387.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
888259

Cliff jumps off the cultist and dodges the shot.
>>
No. 888260 ID: 15a025
File 152847664740.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
888260

He... he's getting back up now!
>>
No. 888261 ID: 21ea40

Knew it stab him in the back. Stab him life if you where a rouge!
>>
No. 888276 ID: b1b4f3

Just because she won't go to jail doesn't make it right.

Honestly the smart thing to do is to get the fuck away. He's got a GUN. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
>>
No. 888280 ID: 91ee5f

>>888260
Oh, shit, his hands are glowing! He’s got magic!

He’s facing away from you now, so go over there and tackle him! Make sure you shove his face straight into the pavement!

>>888276
That’s not a gun, he’s firing purple magic bolts out of his hands!
>>
No. 888290 ID: d7b8dc

>>888280
IS he facing away? It's hard to tell. If he is, tackle and try to stab him. If he's not, hide behind the car asap.
>>
No. 888326 ID: 15a025
File 152852615840.png - (4.51KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
888326

>That’s not a gun, he’s firing purple magic bolts out of his hands!
>IS he facing away? It's hard to tell.
He's facing towards me, staring me down with glowing eyes.

> If he is, tackle and try to stab him. If he's not, hide behind the car asap.
I bolt and take cover behind the car!


I don't see what happens, but I hear someone screech in pain. I get the feeling I'm going to regret looking, but I take a quick peep.
>>
No. 888327 ID: 15a025
File 152852618149.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
888327

I think it's safe to say they're probably not getting up from that one.
>>
No. 888328 ID: d7b8dc

Well they can't be questioned now, but you guys are safe. Sucks you couldn't have gotten more, but this is still a win.

Question is, what the hell tapes did he steal and why was it worth stabbing people to get them?
>>
No. 888330 ID: 21ea40

Check for magical stones... because don't you need stones to use magic? I mean this is the ultimate way to get some "Info" right?
>>
No. 888352 ID: b1b4f3

>>888327
Alright don't touch the body. From now on it's in the hands of the police. Ask what happens now.
>>
No. 888353 ID: 91ee5f

>>888327
Alright, don’t touch the body! It’s in the hands of the police now.
>>
No. 888367 ID: 21ea40

>>888327
Wait a minute... marsh is a bad-ass, she just one hit that guy/girl from the front seat of the car with a knife...

I sure Cliff is going to be traumatized... might want to comfort her and thank Ms.Bad-ass right here right now. Also I would recommend keep a close eye on marsh because throwing knife skills are not something a bartender would ever need.

(TLDR) Comfort Cliff, thank Marsh, might keep close eye on Marsh.

Also one last thing. Dark secrets make friends fast... I mean all three of you just say/caused a "murder in self-defense" so yeah...
>>
No. 888569 ID: 15a025
File 152873793608.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
888569

>Wait a minute... marsh is a bad-ass, she just one hit that guy/girl from the front seat of the car with a knife...
She...what!

I get up and walk back over to them. I see she looks pretty angry right now, that and the knife isn't sticking out of the car door.

>Alright don't touch the body. From now on it's in the hands of the police. Ask what happens now.
Candy: "So Cliff, what are we supposed to do now?"

Cliff: "I just notified the others about this. The police are on their way to handle things."

Marsh: "You need us to stick around for anything then or can we shove on off to work?"

Cliff: "I'm going to need some contact information in case the police have any questions."

Marsh: "Well, I don't really got a phone. Uh.. just send them over to The Electric Sheep and ask for Marsh."

Cliff: "And what about you little sheep?"

Candy: "Oh trust me. They've already got my contact info."

Cliff shoots me a weird look.

>what the hell tapes did he steal and why was it worth stabbing people to get them?
Candy: "Oh before we go. Out of curiosity, what tapes did he steal that would be worth stabbing someone over?"

Cliff: "Blank tapes, oddly enough."

I hear Marsh let out an annoyed sigh.

Marsh: "I'm not even going to comment on that. You ready to go now Candy?"

Candy: "Yeah."
>>
No. 888570 ID: 15a025
File 152873801781.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
888570

I get in the car and she speeds off onto the highway. So much for saying good bye to Cliff I guess?

>thank Ms.Bad-ass right here right now. Also I would recommend keep a close eye on marsh because throwing knife skills are not something a bartender would ever need.
Candy: "Thanks for saving my skin back there Marsh."

Marsh: "Yeah, don't mention it."

Candy: "Where'd you learn how to throw knives like that though? I can't imagine the kind of night where you'd learn that working at a bar?"

Marsh: "It's... yeah just something I learned back home."

Candy: "Just something?"

Marsh: "Anyway, where'd Sugar say she has you working today? Candy store, running with Roxie, or brewing up some trouble with me at the bar?"

I don't think Sugar actually assigned anything to me? I didn't even see her up this morning. Guess it's my pick? I could also have Marsh drop me off at the police station and see if Officer Freeze and Nibbles need me?
>>
No. 888589 ID: 21ea40

I think staying with Marsh is kinda the only choice... I mean like you guys are officially friends now, also if what I just said does not convince you she also safer to stay with than any other option.
>>
No. 888627 ID: 91ee5f

>>888570
>Where to go?
I guess tell Marsh to drop you off at the Candy Store, so you can help Sharcole. That’s the place you asked to work at after all, so it only makes sense that you go there.

>I could also have Marsh drop me off at the police station and see if Officer Freeze and Nibbles need me?
If they need you, they’ll somehow contact you in a way that won’t let everyone around you know that you’re undercover and working with them.

>>888589
The thing is.....would that really be a good idea?

Because Marsh will ask Candy to mix drinks and last time that happened, Candy seemed to think she would be allowed to have a measuring cup. Mixing drinks requires someone to make them quickly and using a measuring cup isn’t quick at all. Candy might end up slowing things down at the bar and upsetting Marsh for being slow.
>>
No. 888649 ID: 21ea40

>>888627
Yeah I see your point. I mean she is a rookie at this stuff. sooner or later she going to have to work there.

>I don't think Sugar actually assigned anything to me? I didn't even see her up this morning. Guess it's my pick?

I guess it would be a best idea to get some training after hours.

(sorry if my stuff is a little off, still new to posting tgchan)
>>
No. 888758 ID: 15a025
File 152890503149.png - (5.52KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
888758

>I think staying with Marsh is kinda the only choice... I mean like you guys are officially friends now
>would that really be a good idea?
What's wrong about working with Marsh at the-

>Marsh will ask Candy to mix drinks and last time that happened, Candy seemed to think she would be allowed to have a measuring cup. Mixing drinks requires someone to make them quickly and using a measuring cup isn’t quick at all.
Okay, fine, I'm not the best at making or mixing drinks.

>I guess it would be a best idea to get some training after hours.
I'm up for it. Let's just hope after hours training involves making better shots and not fighting her again.

>I guess tell Marsh to drop you off at the Candy Store, so you can help Sharcole.
Candy: "I guess drop me off at the Candy Store. It's been awhile since I've seen Sharcole, so I'm sure she could use the extra help."

Marsh mutters something to herself, but I can't understand it.
Candy: "Huh?"

Marsh: "Nothing, just talking to myself. Candy store it is!"


When we get to the store, we find the lights are off.
Marsh: "Good thing I've got the key."

She goes to unlock the door and finds it's already open?

Marsh: "I think someone might have broke in, the door's not locked!"
>>
No. 888760 ID: 21ea40

Remember that Rat that was wanting a product that you didn't have, that one guy that scared her. give Marsh the knife because lets be honest shit is about to hit the fan.
>>
No. 888765 ID: 91ee5f

>>888758
What time is it? Shouldn't Sharcole be here by now?

>someone might’ve broken in!
Please tell me that security camera above the door is real and isn’t there just for show!

>>888760
Actually, Candy got sick and hasn’t been here for a few days, so he might’ve already just come by and got his stuff normally.
>>
No. 888995 ID: 15a025
File 152907484380.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
888995

>What time is it? Shouldn't Sharcole be here by now?
It's almost ten in the morning. Sharcole should have been here about two hours ago?

>Give Marsh the knife because let's be honest shit is about to hit the fan.
I try to hand Marsh my knife.
Marsh: "I think I've had my share of knife action for awhile Candy."

Candy: "Marsh, between me and you, you'd probably have a better chance with the knife."

She takes knife without saying anything else.

>Please tell me that security camera above the door is real and isn’t there just for show!
Candy: "That camera by the door isn't just for show is it?"

Marsh: "Nope. I'll have to tell Sugar to review the tapes later."
>>
No. 888996 ID: 15a025
File 152907489215.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
888996

Without any more questions, Marsh tries to quietly open the door.


We sneak in and take a quick look around, no-one's here and nothing seems to be missing?

Marsh: "I swear if Sharcole just forgot to lock the door-"

A sound coming from the front counter cuts Marsh off.

Marsh: "Hide behind the side of the counter."
>>
No. 888997 ID: 15a025
File 152907492703.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
888997

I get my back up to the side of the counter while Marsh creeps to look behind.
>>
No. 888998 ID: 15a025
File 152907495559.png - (4.78KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
888998

I hear her let out a panicked gasp!

Marsh: "Sharcole!"

Candy: "Sharcole? She's here?!"
>>
No. 888999 ID: 15a025
File 152907497708.png - (5.03KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
888999

I get up from the side of the counter and see Marsh has her head resting on the counter.

Marsh: "Candy she's not waking up!"
>>
No. 889000 ID: 21ea40

Check for wounds. What ever you do do not panic I repeat do not panic, I wound also tell you to take to the hospital now! I mean speeding in this time wound be a good reason and justified reason!
>>
No. 889003 ID: b1b4f3

Is she breathing? There's no sign of a struggle, so maybe she was just drugged.
>>
No. 889005 ID: 91ee5f

>>888999
Check for a pulse and make sure she’s breathing! Turn the lights on so you can check her for injuries!

If she’s not injured, then she might’ve just collapsed from not getting enough sleep!

Take her to the hospital, just to be safe!
>>
No. 889077 ID: 15a025
File 152915866241.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
889077

>Is she breathing? There's no sign of a struggle, so maybe she was just drugged.
>Check for wounds.
>Check for a pulse and make sure she’s breathing! Turn the lights on so you can check her for injuries!
Candy: "Turn on the lights so we can see!"

Marsh scurries off to turn the lights on. I walk up and check, she's still breathing and has a pulse.
>>
No. 889078 ID: 15a025
File 152915870305.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
889078

Soon as the lights come I check her over.
Candy: "It looks like she's got a bruise on her head?"

Marsh: "A bruise?"

>she might’ve just collapsed from not getting enough sleep!
Candy: "She said she was having a hard time sleeping right? Maybe she collapsed as she came in this morning?"

Marsh: "That'd explain the bruise, but what if she's hurt?"

>I wound also tell you to take to the hospital now!
>Take her to the hospital, just to be safe!
Candy: "Marsh we gotta take her to the hospital."

Marsh: "You... wouldn't mind if I just took her would you?"

Candy: "And leave me at the store? Why?"

Marsh: "Read this note from Sugar I found on the floor."

Candy: "A note? Let me see that!"
>>
No. 889079 ID: 15a025
File 152915876325.gif - (184.77KB , 800x600 , 130.gif )
889079

I snatch it out of Marsh's paw.


Sugar's note: "Sharcole, here's a list of the special orders we've got being picked up today. No, I didn't forget anything. Anyone give you trouble tell'em Roxie's making the rounds tonight.
Tulip: One box of lemon grass.
Knits: Five tins of breath mints.
Watch: Ten boxes of Christmas Candy Cigars
Homerun Slugger: Two box of Christmas Candy Cigars.
Stone for brains: Hasn't paid me a cent yet. Do not give him anything unless he pays up. One small pouch of pop rocks.

Not everyone here might make it tonight so don't freak out over the no shows. Do yourself a favor and cross off names as they pick up their stuff. Don't toss this till all the names are crossed off.


Candy: "I take it none of this stuff on the list is actually candy is it?"

Marsh: "Nope."
>>
No. 889086 ID: 21ea40

This seems like a drug deal.
>One small pouch of pop rocks.
I mean doesn't the store have other pop rocks? I would stay out of this.
if that wasn't enough remember sugar and her illegal magic stones?
>>
No. 889090 ID: 91ee5f

>>889078
>”She said she was having a hard time sleeping right? Maybe she collapsed as she came in this morning?"
I know for a fact that Sharcole sometimes complained about her boyfriend keeping her up at night. I think it’s safe to say this is probably his fault.

Then again, I could be wrong. So just in case I am wrong, let’s not mention this to Marsh, since we already know she and Sharcole‘s boyfriend don’t get along at all. She might use this as an excuse to go beat the shit outta him!

>>889079
Candy, you don’t know who these guys are and you don’t know which candy code name goes to which drug.

You’d just end up giving the wrong thing to the wrong person. So it might be best to not get involved.
>>
No. 889231 ID: 15a025
File 152926793077.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
889231

>I know for a fact that Sharcole sometimes complained about her boyfriend keeping her up at night.
I don't think she's said it's her boyfriend, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the culprit.

>let’s not mention this to Marsh, since we already know she and Sharcole‘s boyfriend don’t get along at all. She might use this as an excuse to go beat the shit outta him!
If that's all she did to him, I'd say he'd be pretty lucky compared to last guy Marsh ran into.

>Candy, you don’t know who these guys are and you don’t know which candy code name goes to which drug.
>I would stay out of this.

Candy: "Marsh I don't know any of these people, except maybe Tulip, if that's her. I don't know how Sugar has all of this stuff in the backroom organized or what any of these things are."

She's already off carrying Sharcole to the car.
Marsh: "Lock up and hang the pink closed sign on the door then. I'll be waiting in the car."

Candy: "Pink closed sign?"

Marsh: "Under the counter!"

I can just imagine what that could be for.
>>
No. 889232 ID: 15a025
File 152926795386.png - (5.39KB , 800x600 , 132.png )
889232

I shut off the lights, hang up the sign, lock the door, and head out.
>>
No. 889233 ID: 15a025
File 152926798181.png - (5.13KB , 800x600 , 133.png )
889233

When we get Sharcole to the hospital they take her in and make us sit in the waiting room.
>>
No. 889236 ID: b1b4f3

Tell Marsh you hope you're not too much of a square to keep living here.
>>
No. 889245 ID: 21ea40

Ask Marsh to train you in Com- *cough* Mixxing drinks at the bar later.
>>
No. 889246 ID: 21ea40

>>889236
she is not a square. I mean she used to smoke candy canes. Also remeber she has only been here for like a week at most.
>>
No. 889282 ID: b151ce

Can't think of anything to say, sorry. This whole situation absolutely sucks. Really hope Sharcole is gonna be ok.
>>
No. 889384 ID: 15a025
File 152942409276.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 134.png )
889384

>Tell Marsh you hope you're not too much of a square to keep living here.
>she is not a square. I mean she used to smoke candy canes.

Hey, would a "square" be toting around a magic earring or be secretly working for the police? Though, no-one actually knows about either of those things... Guess I am kind of a square.

>Ask Marsh to train you in Com- *cough* Mixing drinks at the bar later.
Candy: "Hey Marsh, think maybe later you could teach me how to mix better drinks later?"

Marsh: "I could try, but I'm not the greatest teacher around."

We're in the waiting room for two hours before Sharcole comes out looking like she's sleepwalking.

Marsh: "Hey, look who's up. What'd they say?"
>>
No. 889385 ID: 15a025
File 152942413221.png - (5.62KB , 800x600 , 135.png )
889385

She just hands Marsh some papers.

Candy: "What do they say?"

Marsh: "Just some papers talking about insomnia and a prescription for some sleeping pills? Sharcole, where are you supposed to pick these up at?"

Sharcole: "In a couple hours at the pharmacy in the mall."
>>
No. 889386 ID: 21ea40

God I had insomnia for like a few days. I just going to tell you. it sucks... might have been the depression.
You might want to stay with Sharcole until she gets home.
>>
No. 889405 ID: 91ee5f

>>889385
>Insomnia
Hmmm, as far as I can tell, insomnia is usually caused by anxiety, stress, and depression. And having difficulty sleeping can also make anxiety, stress, and depression symptoms worse. There are other common emotional and psychological causes which include anger, worry, grief, bipolar disorder, and trauma.

We should ask Sharcole what’s been preventing her from sleeping. Once we figure that out, we can help her fix her problem(s) so that she can get some sleep.

>prescription for some sleeping pills
Those will help for now, but it’s a temporary solution at best.
>>
No. 889508 ID: 15a025
File 152952789172.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 136.png )
889508

>We should ask Sharcole what’s been preventing her from sleeping. Once we figure that out, we can help her fix her problem(s) so that she can get some sleep.
Candy: "What's been keeping you up at night Sharcole?"

Sharcole: It's noisy at night.

Candy: "Just noisy in general, or is it someone in particular? You ever think of complaining to the help desk or someone?"

Sharcole: "Noisy jerks are good friends with..whoever the guy.

Marsh: "What guy?"

She looks like she's nodding off again. Marsh grumbles to herself a bit.

Marsh: "Well, how about we go somewhere where you can get some rest while we wait for those pills then Sharcole?"

Sharcole Ok.

Marsh: "Let's head over to the bar for a few drinks then."

Candy: "You can't drink Marsh, you're the driver! Besides, where's Sharcole going to rest at in the bar?"

Marsh: "We do have non-alcoholic beverages at the bar you know? We also got a little bed set up in one of the back rooms."

Candy: "Why is there a bed in the bar?"

Marsh: "For the few party animals who get too drunk to drive home and blew all their cash on drinks. Used to pay the taxis and stick it on their tabs but, more people screwed us than paying up."

Candy: "I'm fine with that then."
>>
No. 889509 ID: 15a025
File 152952794430.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 137.png )
889509

We haul Sharcole into the car and we zip over to the bar.
Marsh: "Ah, nothing like the smell of booze in the afternoon. If only I could have some.

Candy: "You sure you can control yourself here Marsh? You look like you're ready to down a six pack."

Marsh: "Ah park it and zip it. Unlike your sister I've got a little self-control. I mean, kind of have to working at place like this all day."

I shrug and take a seat.

Marsh: "Sharcole, you want something drink before your nap?"

Sharcole: "I guess.

She goes behind the bar and rests her head on it.

Sharcole: Anything's fine. Just nudge me when it's done.

Marsh: "Well, how about you Candy. I've got some stuff here to make lemon-aid, cans of pop, juice boxes, you name it. Or, you wanna take a shot at making some shots?"
>>
No. 889510 ID: 891b91

>>889509
Couldn't hurt to get some practice in mixing shots, but make sure Sharcole gets a caffeine-free soft drink. In her condition, alcohol might only make her feel worse.
>>
No. 889557 ID: 21ea40

>>889509
Todays been a wild day. unless you are a light weight drunk. take a shot. and maybe help Marsh. She did say she was going to teach you!
>>
No. 889566 ID: 91ee5f

>>889509
You might as well get in some practice with Marsh. If you get better, then next time you can come help her in the bar.

Of course, if Marsh asks you to give her a blow job or give her an orgasm ( >>/questarch/828666 ), we’re all going to laugh! XD
>>
No. 889814 ID: 15a025
File 152977039869.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 138.png )
889814

>Todays been a wild day. unless you are a light weight drunk. take a shot.
>Couldn't hurt to get some practice in mixing shots, but make sure Sharcole gets a caffeine-free soft drink. In her condition, alcohol might only make her feel worse.
>You might as well get in some practice with Marsh. If you get better, then next time you can come help her in the bar.
Candy: "I'm need to learn how to mix drinks better if I'm going to work here, so I'll take a shot at making some."

Marsh: "Cool. Let's see if you can't make a melon ball then."

Candy: "A melon ball?"

Marsh: "It's mix of some melon and pineapple with vodka."

She pulls out some bottles and a jug from under the counter.
Marsh: "Half an ounce of vodka, fourth of the melon liqueur, and then a fourth of some orange juice."

Candy: "What about the pineapple you mentioned earlier?"

Marsh: "Pineapple juice is expensive so we're just gonna use some oj instead."

Candy: "Makes sense. So how much is half an ounce and how much is a fourth of an ounce Marsh?"

Marsh: "Just wing it, you'll get the hang of it."
>>
No. 889815 ID: 15a025
File 152977043022.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 139.png )
889815

I take the vodka bottle and start filling up half the glass with-

Marsh: "Candy no! I said half an ounce not half a glass!"

Candy: "Well how many ounces is this glass then?"

She groans.

Marsh: "It's a small four ounce glass."

Candy: "You could of told me that first."
>>
No. 889816 ID: 15a025
File 152977045771.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 140.png )
889816

She hands me another cup of ice and takes the vodka bottle away from me.

Marsh: "Alright, just pour a little bit of vodka from that glass into this one."

I pour just a little bit in. Then has me drip a little bit of the liqueur in, and topping it off the orange juice.
>>
No. 889817 ID: 15a025
File 152977048109.gif - (25.23KB , 800x600 , 141.gif )
889817

Marsh: "Now put the shaker over the cup, tip it upside down, and shake it just a little bit."
>>
No. 889818 ID: 15a025
File 152977050385.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 142.png )
889818

Marsh: "Alright that's good!" Now set it back down and drink up!"

Candy: "All I can taste is the orange juice and a little bit of the melon?"

Marsh: "Sounds like you used a little too much juice and not enough melon then."
>>
No. 889821 ID: 91ee5f

>>889814
>"Just wing it, you'll get the hang of it."
Yeah, that’s how most people learn to mix drinks, they eyeball it.

>>889815
Learning the measurements of the glasses that you’re using helps when you have to eyeball it.

>>889818
>"Sounds like you used a little too much juice and not enough melon then."
Alright, that sounds like a simple enough fix.

Try again and use slightly less orange juice that you did last time and use slightly more melon liqueur than you did last time. And since neither you nor Marsh said anything about the vodka, try to use the same amount you used last time.

And this should be pretty obvious: If you start to feel a little dizzy, then that’s when you should stop before you end up drunk off your ass.
>>
No. 889846 ID: 891b91

>>889818
>>889821
>Try again and use slightly less orange juice that you did last time and use slightly more melon liqueur than you did last time.
Seconded. Also, maybe pour a little OJ in another glass for Sharcole.
>>
No. 889878 ID: fafba8

>>889818
Pour more OJ!
>>
No. 889923 ID: 15a025
File 152985635015.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 143.png )
889923

>Pour more OJ!
Not that I have anything against orange juice, but wouldn't pouring more drown out the melon taste?
>Try again and use slightly less orange juice that you did last time and use slightly more melon liqueur than you did last time.

I slam the rest of the drink down and ready another glass, this time using just a little less juice and some more liqueur before shaking it up good.

>Also, maybe pour a little OJ in another glass for Sharcole.
Oh no, I forgot about her drink too! After I finish shaking up the drink I fill her up a little glass of orange juice.

Candy: "Here Sharcole, some juice should help me you feel little better."

Sharcole: "Mhmm, thanks."

She slowly gets up and takes a little sip of juice before setting it down and goes back to resting.

Marsh: "Why don't we get you to bed for a little bit? Me and Candy will go get your pills in a little bit while you're resting up."

Sharcole: "Mmhmm."
>>
No. 889924 ID: 15a025
File 152985637130.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 144.png )
889924

Marsh leaves the counter with Sharcole and her juice, taking her over to the bar's bedroom.

While they're gone, I try out my second attempt at this drink. I gulp down half of it, getting a better mixture between the two flavors this time. It's got a much more tangy flavor this time around.
>>
No. 889925 ID: 15a025
File 152985642126.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
889925

A few moments later, Marsh returns.
Marsh: "So how was it this time?"

Candy: "Better. The flavors were more balanced out this time around."

Marsh: "Congrats then. If I wasn't the driver tonight I'd taste it myself to throw some critique your way."

Candy: "Speaking of driving, when exactly are we supposed to go pick up Sharcole's pills?"

Marsh: "In about two hours. I'd open up the bar for a little bit while we wait, but we get some pretty noisy people in here."

Candy: "Anything we can do while we wait then?"

Marsh: "Hmm... didn't you mention looking for some street sales or something today? We could go drive around and hit a few up while we wait?"
>>
No. 889945 ID: ee2d6e

Just take it like you would wine. Swish it in your mouth and spit it out. The amount of alcohol you'd get in your system would be negligible.
>>
No. 889946 ID: fafba8

>>889925
Stay with Sharcole. I mean you know the purple cultist around might try to steal some cups or something.
I mean they stole blank VHS tapes right?
>>
No. 890077 ID: e7276a

>>889946
You could always take her with you. Not sure about how you feel on waking her up or lugging her around though.
>>
No. 890078 ID: 91ee5f

>>889925
>street sales
It’d be nice if you bought a watch so that you could keep track of time more easily.

And Candy, do you have some money with you this time? I’ve noticed that Marsh has been paying for things that you wanted and I don’t want her to have to keep giving you money out of her pocket to help you out!

>>890077
But we just barely let Sharcole lay down! If we don’t let her sleep her insomnia is gonna get worse!

I’m pretty sure Sharcole will be find as long as Marsh locks all of the doors in the bar.
>>
No. 890101 ID: 891b91

>>890078
I agree, just make sure the place is locked up before taking off, and Sharcole should be fine. Maybe you could leave a note for her as well in case she was too sleepy to remember where you said you were going.
>>
No. 890392 ID: fafba8

If we are going to leave let's at least get Sharcole opinion.
>>
No. 890410 ID: 15a025
File 153020642415.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
890410

>You could always take her with you. Not sure about how you feel on waking her up or lugging her around though.
I don't think hauling her around is a good idea. She needs to get some sleep.

>I’m pretty sure Sharcole will be find as long as Marsh locks all of the doors in the bar.
>I agree, just make sure the place is locked up before taking off, and Sharcole should be fine. Maybe you could leave a note for her as well in case she was too sleepy to remember where you said you were going.

Candy: "Yeah. Before we go though, you should leave Sharcole a note in case she wakes up before we get back."

Marsh: "Smart thinking. She might freak out if the lights are off and we're gone."

She reaches over the bar to grab a pen and some napkins and makes a quick note explaining where we're going.

Marsh: "I'll just leave it on the bar for her."

>Candy, do you have some money with you this time? I’ve noticed that Marsh has been paying for things that you wanted and I don’t want her to have to keep giving you money out of her pocket to help you out!
Sugar still hasn't paid me for the one day I worked yet. I don't like having to keep borrow money from her, but I do plan on paying Marsh back once I do get some cash.
>>
No. 890411 ID: 15a025
File 153020651111.png - (6.16KB , 800x600 , 146.png )
890411

Having everything locked up at the bar, Marsh drives me down to some fenced off place. Looks like it used to be a parking lot? There's a crowd of people with rugs and mats laid out with signs all over the place.


Candy: "You sure found this place quick Marsh."

Marsh: "Just something I remembered hearing about."

A crow sitting nearby caws out to us.
Crow: "Well, you picked a good day to remember."

Marsh: "Why's that?"

Crow: "My stuff is half off the sticker price today."

Marsh: "Guess we got here too late, looks like you've picked pretty clean."

Crow: "Picked clean! I think you need you to take a closer look. I've got plenty of stuff to go around still."

I guess I do need to take a closer look. I can't even tell what half of this crap is, other than some cheap looking earrings and a few movies?
>>
No. 890412 ID: ee2d6e

Hope you're not planning on replacing us with some cheap knock-offs!
>>
No. 890415 ID: fafba8

is that a gun? Mind giving us some info of what he is selling?
>>
No. 890445 ID: 91ee5f

>>890411
>junk
Try looking for a watch that looks like it works. Then you won’t need to worry about not knowing what time it is!

>cheap looking earrings
Please don’t replace us!

Also, if anyone asks to trade you something for us, please refuse to trade us away!

And, uh, keep an eye out for anyone that might be waiting for you to take us off to try on some other earrings. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone tries to snatch us as soon as you take us off to try on a different pair of earrings.
>>
No. 890552 ID: 15a025
File 153033736596.png - (4.65KB , 800x600 , 147.png )
890552

>is that a gun? Mind giving us some info of what he is selling?
That weird brown and grey thing?

>Try looking for a watch that looks like it works. Then you won’t need to worry about not knowing what time it is!
I have Marsh move aside and take a closer look at what he's got laid out on the mat. It seems the brown thing is a watch. There's a price sticker on it, but I'm sure even Officer Nibbles would have to strain her eyes to read.

Candy: "What's up with the old watch? How much is it?"

I hear Marsh let out a little smirk.
Marsh: "More than you have, that's for sure."

Crow: "Well, I've got it marked down to twenty now."

Candy: "So ten bucks?"

Crow: "No, that was considering my half off sake today. The sticker I've got on it says forty."

Candy: "There something special about it that makes it worth so much? Looks like a dirty watch to me."

Crow: "Looks can be deceiving, in more ways than one unfortunately. It's not just a watch, but a vintage gun as well."

Candy: "There's no way this thing could fire a bullet."

Crow: "Well, you're technically right about that. The very small barrel hidden inside of the watch is cracked in half."

Candy: "Okay, let's just say it's a gun watch. Can you really just sell this at some street sale?"

Crow: "Only able to really sell it here is as a rare watch, and since the gun part of it is busted. I was thinking about repairs, but they're very expensive to fix. The ammo for it being even more due to its out of production rarity."

I've got a few doubts over this "gun watch." Seems kind of fishy. Plus, for twenty bucks I could probably get a new watch at the mall.


Candy: "What about the earrings?"

>Hope you're not planning on replacing us with some cheap knock-offs!
>Please don’t replace us!
>Also, if anyone asks to trade you something for us, please refuse to trade us away!
As nice as they are, blue isn't really my color. On top of that, you guys go better with my sweater.

You'd really think I trade over the magic earrings that saved my skin just a few hours ago for some cheap knock offs?

Crow: "Egh, those. Five for the pair."

Candy: "Egh? Something wrong with them?"

Crow: "To make a long story short, just some bitter medicine my sister needs to swallow."

Candy: "Ouf, mind if I ask about the story behind them?"

Crow: "Eh... she got ripped off at a bar few weeks ago. Man sold them to her claiming they were enchanted."

Candy: "Well, that's a red flag there. Pretty much anything enchanted is illegal to own."

Crow: "Oh there's the real kicker. They said these only had civilian grade enchantments on'em. Said they could work like a humidifier and let the wearer make water vapor. All you had do was stick your wing in some water and let the stones work their magic. Of course, they're just shiny blue rocks and not enchantment stones."

Huh, so they really are cheap knock offs.


Candy: "What about that green...thingy sitting there?"

Crow: "Just an old pair of binoculars used in the military. Thought their age and history might of been worth something but, doesn't seem to be the case here. Was originally asking at least twenty for'em. I'm willing to part ways with'em for then though."

Candy: "Military?"

Crow: "Not much else I can say. Bought these at an auction few years ago. Some surplus auction to help raise some funds for a charity drive."

First time I've ever really heard anyone call the Royal Army "The Military" before. Unless he meant these are from another country or kingdom?
>>
No. 890553 ID: b1b4f3

>>890552
Binoculars sound pretty useful, how expensive is that compared to ones you can get elsewhere?
>>
No. 890574 ID: fafba8

>>890552
GUN WATCH, I mean if he is lying we can just take him in for Mal-practical... I mean we are not evil and totally not want a weapon of mass destruction or anything. *cough cough*
>>
No. 890577 ID: 91ee5f

>>890552
>gun watch
Yeah, that sounds cool, but you’re probably better off getting a normal one from the Mall.

>earnings
That sounds like it could’ve been a con artist. Maybe even the con artist we’re looking for.

Ask which bar his sister was in when she bought the earrings so that you can avoid going there and getting conned yourself.

If the name of the bar happens to be the name of Marsh’s bar, then say, “Well, shoot, I can’t avoid going to my friend’s bar. Guess I’ll just have to be careful and hope I don’t get conned!”

Either way, you’ll at least have a possible location on where ‘Con Artist Coon’ was last seen, if it was him and not someone else.

>As nice as they are, blue isn't really my color.
.....but could they be Marsh’s color? I mean, she might not even wear jewelry because it’s a grabbing hazard during a bar fight, but she might wear them outside of work.

I’m not saying you have to buy the earrings, I’m just trying to think of something nice to give to Marsh as a way of telling her “Thank you for being a good friend.”, since she’s always driving you around and buying things for you when you don’t have any money to buy those things yourself.

>On top of that, you guys go better with my sweater.
So what you’re saying is, you enjoy our dashing good looks and our vibrant red and white coloring make us more appealing to you, right? Oh, Candy you’re too kind! If I had a face, I’d be blushing right now! >///<
>>
No. 891022 ID: 15a025
File 153064151030.png - (5.81KB , 800x600 , 148.png )
891022

>Binoculars sound pretty useful, how expensive is that compared to ones you can get elsewhere?
Ten isn't too bad if they're any good. I think a new pair at the mall would run me about twenty or twenty-five dollars. That's for a cheap pair though. These may be better since they're "military" grade, I've got my doubts though.

>GUN WATCH, I mean if he is lying we can just take him in for Mal-practical... I mean we are not evil and totally not want a weapon of mass destruction or anything.
>Yeah, that sounds cool, but you’re probably better off getting a normal one from the Mall.
It'd be cool to tote around with a gun watch, but I think I'd want one that worked. I'll see if I can't just get one at the mall then.

>I’m not saying you have to buy the earrings, I’m just trying to think of something nice to give to Marsh as a way of telling her “Thank you for being a good friend.”, since she’s always driving you around and buying things for you when you don’t have any money to buy those things yourself.
I'll keep earrings in mind as a thank you gift for later. I don't have any cash to buy them myself, and borrowing money from Marsh to buy her a thank you gift is a little ironic.

Huh, thinking about now, other than movies and drinks. I don't really know a lot about Marsh or her interests?

>That sounds like it could’ve been a con artist. Maybe even the con artist we’re looking for.
It could be. It'd be hard to find out though seeing as this happened a few weeks ago.

>Ask which bar his sister was in when she bought the earrings so that you can avoid going there and getting conned yourself.
Hah, joke's on him. I'm flat broke. Sadly, the only advantage I have over him.

Candy: "Out of curiosity, what was the name of the bar?"

Crow: "I don't really remember the name. Just remembered her saying it was some sports bar. Pretty big game going on that night. It was the Pines versus the Snowshoes."

I see the team names are as creative as ever still.
>>
No. 891023 ID: 15a025
File 153064155549.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , 149.png )
891023

Candy: "Thanks for the tip then. Hey Marsh, do you think I could get these binoculars?"

Marsh: "One second. You wouldn't happen to have any more tapes would you?"

Crow: "All I've got left, sorry."

Marsh: "Alright, give her the binoculars then. How much?"

Crow: "Ten bucks."

Marsh: "Five?"

Crow: "No, I said ten."

Marsh: "Seven or we're walking."

Crow: "That's fine. I've done pretty well here today."

She mutters to herself

Marsh: "Fine here's your ten. Take your new set of eyes Candy and let's see if there's anything else around here."
>>
No. 891024 ID: 15a025
File 153064160155.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 150.png )
891024

We move on from the crow's setup to see what else is here. Sadly, it seems like we might have came here a little late. A few of the merchants here are packing their things up, while the rest seem well picked through. Guess it's a good thing we came now rather than later. There's still one more stand that catches my eye though. I stop over and greet the tiny fellow.

Candy: "Hello, how's it going today?"

Dog: "Oh not too terrible. Could be better though. See something here you like?"

He's got some tiny furniture and massive piles of playing cards.

Candy: "That little night stand you got over there is pretty cute. How much is it?"

Dog: "Quite a fine eye you got there. It's a little rough though, had it for ages! It's time for it for it to move onto a new home though. How's fifteen sound missy?"
>>
No. 891048 ID: fafba8

>>891024
Okay The night stand will be a good idea... "at least to us"... I mean at this point you owe Marsh what 100$ or more... I kinda mean she trust you... I kinda starting to feel bad for Marsh. I mean she clearly trying to be your friend. I mean what makes friends faster than dark secrets?
>>
No. 891099 ID: 094652

I still don't understand how post-industrial age people can stand to pay [twenty bucks] for a giant piece of wood.

Ask about the playing cards, though. Do any of them have stuff that looks like incantations?
>>
No. 891103 ID: 91ee5f

>>891022
>Huh, thinking about now, other than movies and drinks. I don't really know a lot about Marsh or her interests?
Then I guess you’d better find out before you buy her anything. It’d suck to get her something she doesn’t like.

>Hah, joke's on him. I'm flat broke. Sadly, the only advantage I have over him.
The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

But you not having any money doesn’t actually make you safer. Because without money, the only thing left would be whatever you’ve got with you at that moment, which includes clothing and/or jewelry. In other words, us, your magic earring.

>>891024
>night stand
Hmmm, on one hand, you really could use some more furniture in your room, but on the other hand, how would that fit in Marsh’s car?

There’s also the fact that you’re not heading straight home, so the night stand would just be sitting out in the open in Marsh’s car, where if anyone wanted to, they could just reach in and take it.

And I doubt Marsh would feel like driving home to drop off the night stand and then driving all the way back to town. That would use up a lot of gas in her car!

Hmmm, why don’t you talk to Marsh to see what she’ll say? Just explain to her that you want it, but you feel like you’re being a jerk by having her buy these things for you, so you’re not sure if you should get it.

Now it’ll be Marsh’s choice on whether or not you guys get the night stand. If she buys it for you, be super grateful and thank her. If she doesn’t buy it for you, then don’t get upset and be understanding about her not wanting to spend all the money she’s got with her.
>>
No. 891398 ID: 15a025
File 153089811529.png - (4.58KB , 800x600 , 151.png )
891398

>not having any money doesn’t actually make you safer. Because without money, the only thing left would be whatever you’ve got with you at that moment, which includes clothing and/or jewelry. In other words, us, your magic earring.

I'd question about how someone would know your enchanted, but being earrings alone might make you valuable to someone. I'd be more worried about thieves than a con artist though.

>Okay The night stand will be a good idea... "at least to us"
Yeah, I need a safer spot to put you guys in for the night than my increasingly heavy pockets.

>I mean at this point you owe Marsh what 100$ or more?
What? No, that can't be right. Unless those drinks at her coffee place are pretty expensive? I gotta re-trace the past week here and see if I can't figure this out?
Other than the time Sugar treated all of us there the first night I went, I've been there with Marsh... three times I think? So that's fifteen dollars in just entry fees there. Being there three times means three drinks? I don't think a little thing of tea would be more than three dollars, would it? I should probably just add another dollar in case it is kind of pricey, shouldn't I? That's another twelve dollars, plus the binoculars, makes thirty-seven I owe her at minimum. I'll have to ask her or Vienna just how much that tea I've been ordering costs to make sure though.

>I kinda starting to feel bad for Marsh. I mean she clearly trying to be your friend.
>on one hand, you really could use some more furniture in your room, but on the other hand, how would that fit in Marsh’s car?
>why don’t you talk to Marsh to see what she’ll say? Just explain to her that you want it, but you feel like you’re being a jerk by having her buy these things for you, so you’re not sure if you should get it.
>Now it’ll be Marsh’s choice on whether or not you guys get the night stand.

Candy: "I feel bad for asking for it Marsh, but I could use some better furnishing in my room."

Marsh: "This isn't exactly a money problem here, it's more of a 'how are we going to get this in the car?' problem. Plus, chance it might get stolen and all."

Candy: "If we can get it in the car, we could just leave it at the bar till we head home for the night?"

Marsh: "Yeah, if you can get it in the car we could just leave it at the bar for now."

Dog: "If it doesn't fit in your car, I'm willing to take a return on it. You two will have to do all the moving though. As long as you don't break or damage it, that is."

Marsh: "I'll buy it if you haul it to the car yourself Candy."

Candy: "Looks light enough. I think can handle it."
>>
No. 891399 ID: 15a025
File 153089817177.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 152.png )
891399

>Ask about the playing cards, though. Do any of them have stuff that looks like incantations?
Candy: "Before I go hauling this thing, what's with all the playing cards?"
Dog: "They're vintage decks from casino's all over the kingdom. Used to be quite hot shot gambler back in the day. Ended up visiting just about every casino there was. These are just my extra sets from the return visits."

Marsh: "How much for a deck?"

Dog: "Depends on which one you want. Some of these are from places that aren't around no more."

Candy: "Had no idea there was a market for something like this. Sell any expensive ones?"

Dog: "Almost had me a big sale earlier today, but some crook cheated me out of it. Twice."

Marsh: "How'd he cheat you out of a sale?"

Dog: "Played a little game of poker for it. If I won, he paid double for it. He won, he got it for free. Dirty cheat was stacking deck and I didn't even see it till after the fact."

Candy: "You wouldn't happen to remember what he looked like, would you?"

Dog: "He was greyish dog looking fellow. Stunk like skunk and cheap paint. He ain't a friend of yours, is he?"

Candy: "No. Sorry to hear about your game though."

Marsh: "Any of those cards only a buck?"

Dog: "Oh I think I've got a newer deck I'll let go for a dollar."

He starts looking at his big pile of cards.

Dog: "Peep's Pit or The Pine Inn Casino?"

Marsh: "The Pine Inn please."

Marsh pays the little fellow while I grab my new night stand. It's not that it's heavy for me, it's just incredibly awkward to carry. It's got nowhere I can really lift it without putting all the pressure and weight on my hooves.
>>
No. 891400 ID: 15a025
File 153089819965.png - (4.59KB , 800x600 , 153.png )
891400

The trip back to the car absolutely sucks and I have to set the thing down several times. I pull the last of my strength to squeeze it in the back seat. There's enough room for it in there thankfully.

Marsh: "Oh yeah, that sure looked like it was light alright."

Candy: "It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to put all the weight on my hooves. There's no good spot to grab it!"

Marsh: "Hope you can carry that thing into the bar without waking up Sharcole. Or without dropping it through the floor."
>>
No. 891401 ID: 15a025
File 153089823198.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 154.png )
891401

When we get back to the bar, I manage to get Marsh to help me haul in the nightstand. We didn't want to risk waking up Sharcole.
Marsh: "Wow, you need to work out Candy. That wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be."

Candy: "Try lifting that with hooves and then we'll talk."

Marsh: "Whatever. I'm going to go peep in on Sharcole and see how she's-"

The sound of snoring echoes through the empty bar.

Marsh: "Something tells me she's sleeping still."


A few seconds later, I feel something vibrating in my sweater pocket.

Marsh: "Hang on, you hear something buzzing?"
>>
No. 891410 ID: 91ee5f

>>891399
>He was greyish dog looking fellow. Stunk like skunk and cheap paint.
I think the reason that greyish dog smelled like cheap paint is because he was actually a raccoon! Raccoons are usually grey with black stripes, right? So I’m pretty sure that dog was the Con Artist Coon after he painted himself grey!

And this happened earlier today, so it’s a more recent piece of info compared to the earrings that crow’s sister bought last week!

>>891401
>A few seconds later, I feel something vibrating in my sweater pocket.
Huh, I thought that phone you got from the police could only make calls to the police, I didn’t think it could receive calls. Maybe the police are calling you?

>”Hang on, you hear something buzzing?"
Uh oh! She’s gonna question where you got a phone when you don’t have any money!

Uhhh, tell her you don’t hear anything. Then ask her where the restrooms are and calmly walk in there, shut and lock the door, then answer your phone.
>>
No. 891459 ID: fafba8

>>891401
Look at the radio say it might be it... start fiddling with it and you know wait for the buzzing to stop.
>>891410
Bad idea... structure buzzing and electronic buzzing sound different.
>>
No. 892053 ID: 15a025
File 153127958309.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 155.png )
892053

>Uh oh! She’s gonna question where you got a phone when you don’t have any money!
Shoot! Yeah, this is going to probably end badly.

>Look at the radio say it might be it... start fiddling with it and you know wait for the buzzing to stop.
>Then ask her where the restrooms are and calmly walk in there, shut and lock the door, then answer your phone.

I'd fiddle with the radio but it's too high up for me to reach! I'll still try and pin the blame on it.
Candy: "Think it might be coming from the radio?"

Marsh: "No, it doesn't sound like radio interference. Plus I know I shut that thing off the other night."

She looks around the room for a few moments while it continues to buzz. Before shooting a look at me.

Marsh: "Thinking it's something in your pocket, Candy."
>>
No. 892054 ID: 15a025
File 153127961472.png - (5.37KB , 800x600 , 156.png )
892054

Just as she says that, it stops. I wait a few seconds before saying anything.
Candy: "Marsh, I don't hear anything?"

Her suspension doesn't seem to be eased.

Marsh: "Yeah, maybe I'm just hearing things."

Candy: "Anyway, there a bathroom anywhere?"

Marsh: "Yeah. Just go down the hall over there."

Candy: "Thanks."
>>
No. 892055 ID: 15a025
File 153127973594.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 157.png )
892055

Pretty small bathroom for a bar. Guess the most important thing is it's clean? Well, cleaner than a fast food place or gas station's at least.

I take out my phone and fight with the tiny buttons to get through the menus. After some figuring out, I manage to return the call.

Officer Freeze: "Hello, this is Officer Freeze?"

Candy: "Hello, this is Candy. You called?"

Officer Freeze: "Huh? [small]It's Candy. Huh? Oh You c-
One second Candy."

She hangs up o-
The phone starts vibrating again.

Candy: Hello? What happened?"

Officer Nibbles: "I was just calling to ask you the same thing Candy!"

Candy: "Officer Nibbles? What happened to Officer Freeze?"

Officer Freeze: "Still here! I must of pocket dialed you by mistake at the same time as Nibbles called you."

Candy: "Okay? Anyway, what's up?"

Officer Nibbles: "Oh nothing really. Just wondering if you know anything about someone here in the mall parking lot. Bird with black feathers, stole some vhs tapes, has a knife stuck in their head?"


Before I can answer, her and Officer Freeze start having a hushed conversation again.

Officer Nibbles: "I'm sorry, that was a little rude of me there. First, are you alright? You're talking kind of quite here."

Candy: Yeah I'm alright. I'm whispering here so no one can hear me."

Officer Nibbles: "Where are you?"

Candy: [small]Bathroom at a bar."


Officer Nibbles: "Okay, could have just said a bar. Anyway, back on topic here. We want to know what exactly happened out here in the parking lot."

Candy: "Not that I've got a problem with sharing, but couldn't you just review the security camera footage for that?"

Officer Nibbles: "No, someone managed to already wipe the tapes before we could arrive. How convenient? All the info we've got is you and someone else witnessed the murder."
>>
No. 892096 ID: b151ce

...That someone wiped the tapes, especially already, is terrifying. But first off, that was definitely self defense, not murder. The guy was brandishing a knife at you and Cliff the mall cop, after having stabbed several customers and a clerk (from what Cliff told you). After being subdued, he started blasting unknown magic at you and Cliff. Thankfully you got behind cover in time, and he got taken down with a knife while he was focused on you. He was wearing creepy purple cultist robes; is he not wearing them anymore?

Make sure to keep your volume low, aye? No sense being too loud in this awkward position. Either way, it seems like finding the people he (purportedly) stabbed might be a good idea too, if they're not aware of them. Also, just a reminder that you didn't see whether Marsh or Cliff was the one who used the knife on him.
>>
No. 892098 ID: 91ee5f

>>892096
Yeah, say this.

>Also, just a reminder that you didn't see whether Marsh or Cliff was the one who used the knife on him.
Even though Marsh admitted that she did it.

But, yeah, let’s just tell them Candy didn’t see who did it, she only knows that she didn’t do it.

And I’m wondering if Candy should mention Marsh’s name or not.
>>
No. 892163 ID: fafba8

>>892055
Just be honest, say he stole tapes and tried to murder to keep the tapes, Tried to kill you, Marsh, and the other person. You should also talk about the magic he was using. (Eldrich Blast)
>>
No. 892167 ID: 91ee5f

>>892163
>You should also talk about the magic he was using. (Eldrich Blast)
Yeah, purple magic isn’t normal.
>>
No. 892333 ID: 15a025
File 153140875748.png - (5.09KB , 800x600 , 158.png )
892333

>Make sure to keep your volume low, aye? No sense being too loud in this awkward position.
Right.
>That someone wiped the tapes, especially already, is terrifying.

Given what happened at the mall today, I've got a few suspensions already.

Candy: "Hang on here. Were the security tapes completely blank, or was there any footage-"

Officer Nibbles: "Completely blank."

Candy: "Call this a hunch but I think someone in security might be in on all this. Cliff told me thief stole a bunch of blank VHS tapes from the movie store today."

Officer Nibbles: "We'll look into it. What happened in the parking lot?"

>The guy was brandishing a knife at you and Cliff the mall cop, after having stabbed several customers and a clerk (from what Cliff told you). After being subdued, he started blasting unknown magic at you and Cliff. Thankfully you got behind cover in time, and he got taken down with a knife while he was focused on you.
Candy: "I was helping Cliff chase after the thief. We caught up to him in the parking lot. There he pulled out a knife. Cliff managed to knock him down with one of those club things, but they managed to get back up and starting firing off some kind of purple magic. That's when I took cover behind the car. When things got quiet, I peeped over the car and saw the dead thief."

Officer Nibbles: "So Cliff killed them in self-defense?"

Candy: "I can't really say for certain as I was with another friend too. I didn't see who killed them."

Officer Nibbles: "Doesn't matter, the key here is it was in self defense then."

>He was wearing creepy purple cultist robes; is he not wearing them anymore?
Candy: "Something else, are they wearing this big purple cultist robe still?"

Officer Nibbles: "No?"

Candy: "They were covered up in a big purple robe. How does that just vanish?"

Officer Nibbles: "Alright, we gotta go then! We'll call if anything comes up, good luck on your own investigation!"

She hangs up.
>>
No. 892335 ID: 91ee5f

>>892333
Well, if you’ve gotta use the restroom, you might as well do it now while you’re in here. Just take us off and put us in your pocket, then put us back on when you’re done. And wash your hands before you touch us!

Head back out to Marsh when you’re done in here.
>>
No. 892336 ID: fafba8

>>892333
Well time to start carrying a weapon...
Hey Candy I have a question, what is your stance on Marsh?
>>
No. 892338 ID: 91ee5f

>>892336
She’s already got a knife in her pocket.
>>
No. 892347 ID: b151ce

Excellent, it seems like Marsh is in the clear. It's really concerning how fast this stuff gets covered up. Is Cliff trustworthy? They were the one that TOLD you he'd stabbed a bunch of people, though the radio made it more convincing. Somehow the robe must have disappeared sometime between you guys leaving and the police arriving at wherever he ended up.
>>
No. 892515 ID: fafba8

>>892338
MORE FIRE POWER! I mean what good is a sword if not trained to use it?
>>
No. 893131 ID: 15a025
File 153171045816.png - (5.03KB , 800x600 , 159.png )
893131

>Well, if you’ve gotta use the restroom, you might as well do it now while you’re in here. Just take us off and put us in your pocket, then put us back on when you’re done. And wash your hands before you touch us!

...
>>
No. 893133 ID: 15a025
File 153171052710.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , 160.png )
893133

You honestly thought I wouldn't wash up after using the restroom?
>Well time to start carrying a weapon...
>She’s already got a knife in her pocket.

A knife's only going to do so much around here. Unless you're Marsh? What I really need is to get is a gun or some enchantments. Shoot, even some pepper spray could be useful.

>what is your stance on Marsh?
I think she's a good friend. I feel bad I'm always having to ask her for help given how my sister treats her. Definitely not someone who I'd want get on their bad side with though.

>It's really concerning how fast this stuff gets covered up. Is Cliff trustworthy?
Haven't met him till now, so for all I know, he might not even actually work there?

>They were the one that TOLD you he'd stabbed a bunch of people, though the radio made it more convincing. Somehow the robe must have disappeared sometime between you guys leaving and the police arriving at wherever he ended up.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to set all of this up, especially for some VHS tapes? I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

>Head back out to Marsh when you’re done in here.
Yeah, sitting in here being all paranoid isn't doing me any good. I'm sure Officer Nibbles will have everything under control.
>>
No. 893134 ID: 15a025
File 153171056783.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 161.png )
893134

Marsh: "In there long enough? Was getting worried I might have to break out my fishing rod and pull you out."

Candy: "I wasn't in there that- wait, fishing rod? You fish?"

Marsh: "Used to. Haven't really fished since I moved in with your sister. No real need to now."

Candy: "No need?"

Marsh: "Never mind."
>>
No. 893135 ID: 15a025
File 153171060408.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 162.png )
893135

Since we still have time before Sharcole's pills are ready, Marsh talks me into playing cards with her while we wait. Thankfully we weren't playing for money, as she would have taken me to the cleaners tonight.
>>
No. 893136 ID: 15a025
File 153171064561.png - (6.22KB , 800x600 , 163.png )
893136

After that sad display of my poker skills, we shove off to the mall's pharmacy without Sharcole. She was still sleeping, so we didn't want to wake her up when she needs the rest.

Doe Pharmacist: "Good afternoon! Here to pick a up a prescription?"

Marsh: "Yeah."

Doe Pharmacist: "Okay, may I have your name please?"

Candy: "Sure, it's Sharcole."

Doe Pharmacist: "Last name?"

I just assumed all I'd need here were her papers! Wait, I've already got them down on the desk. I slide my gaze down just slightly to see her full name's on here.
Candy: "Luetta?"

Doe Pharmacist: "Alright Sharcole. Here's your prescription. Take two before bed with some water."
>>
No. 893137 ID: 15a025
File 153171070117.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 164.png )
893137

With Sharcole's prescription, Marsh walks me down by the coffee shop.

Marsh: "That was a pretty quick-

A Hyena guy standing by the door calls out to us.

Hyena: "Hey, you. Fuzz ball. You Sugar Cane's sis?"
>>
No. 893149 ID: b1b4f3

>>893137
Who wants to know?
>>
No. 893153 ID: 91ee5f

>>893137
>"Hey, you. Fuzz ball. You Sugar Cane's sis?"
There’s no telling who this guy is or what he wants with you or your sister. I think you’re better off acting like you don’t know who he’s talking about.
>>
No. 893163 ID: fafba8

>>893137
>"Hey, you. Fuzz ball. You Sugar Cane's sis?"
That does not sound like hey me and your sis are friends... I stay out of this. knowing Hyenas he is going to laugh while eating your bones... fuck Hyenas
>>
No. 893305 ID: 15a025
File 153180342638.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 165.png )
893305

>That does not sound like hey me and your sis are friends...
>There’s no telling who this guy is or what he wants with you or your sister. I think you’re better off acting like you don’t know who he’s talking about.

I try to ignore him and start walking away but I hear him follow after us.

Hyena: "You got some of that wool stuck in your ear or something? You related to Sugarcane er not?"


>Who wants to know?
I groan a bit as I turn around.

Candy: "Who's asking?"

Hyena: "An acquaintance from the next town over."

He slowly pulls out a candy cane and shoves it in his mouth.
>>
No. 893306 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, one of her suppliers? Ask what he wants.
>>
No. 893325 ID: 91ee5f

>>893305
Nudge Marsh and ask if she knows who this guy is? Because if she doesn’t know him, then we probably don’t have any business with him.
>>
No. 893375 ID: fafba8

>>893305
Hmm... I would check with Marsh... might want to play dumb if he talks about drugs or something
>>
No. 893419 ID: 15a025
File 153186890456.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 166.png )
893419

>Nudge Marsh and ask if she knows who this guy is?
>I would check with Marsh.

I give Marsh a little a nudge.

Candy: "You know this guy at all?"

Marsh: "Nope, I only deal with the drunks. Think this is Roxie or Sharcole's department."

>Ask what he wants.
>play dumb if he talks about drugs or something.
Candy: "What do you want?"

Hyena: "Looking for someone to deliver a letter for starters. That is, if either of you know'er?"

Candy: "Sounds-"

Marsh: "Before we say anything. Pull it out, slowly."

Hyena: "Sure thing."

He complies with her terms and pulls out the letter. Marsh then walks up to him and starts sniffing it?

Marsh: "Well, the letter's clean at least."

He starts to chuckle a bit.

Hyena: "Yeah you're with Sugar alright. Her usual delivery person does the same thing. I trust you two can get it to her tonight then?"
>>
No. 893423 ID: fafba8

I would do this... what could go wrong?
I think he is going to back stab us.
>>
No. 893430 ID: 91ee5f

>>893419
>Marsh then walks up to him and starts sniffing it?
She’s making sure the letter is safe to open.

>I trust you two can get it to her tonight then?
Tell him, “That depends on how drunk she is. For all we know, she’ll either be too drunk to read it or she’ll throw up all over it.”

If he still gives you the letter, then when you walk far enough away from him, ask Marsh if we should open it first or if we should just give it to Sugar and let her open it?
>>
No. 893433 ID: b1b4f3

>>893419
Sure why not.
>>
No. 893550 ID: 15a025
File 153193725881.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 167.png )
893550

>Tell him, “That depends on how drunk she is. For all we know, she’ll either be too drunk to read it or she’ll throw up all over it.”
Candy: "Depends on how drunk she is. Sugar doesn't exactly have a good track record with mail."

Marsh: "Yeah, thanks for reminding me about that night."

Hyena: "Well, see to it she reads it then."

>I would do this... what could go wrong?
>Sure why not.
Candy: "Alright, we'll make sure she reads it tonight."

He walks away from Marsh and hands it to me.

Hyena: "Don't lose it either."
>>
No. 893551 ID: 15a025
File 153193733570.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 168.png )
893551

He starts to walk into the coffee shop, but he stops and turns around for a second.

Hyena: "I was gonna treat you two to some coffee but, you two look like you're itching to get outta here. Thanks for the help."
>>
No. 893552 ID: 15a025
File 153193738086.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 169.png )
893552

He heads inside.

Marsh: "As much as I like that place, I'm wouldn't really want to sit at table with him anyway. Even if he was buying..."

>If he still gives you the letter, then when you walk far enough away from him, ask Marsh if we should open it first or if we should just give it to Sugar and let her open it?
Candy: "You think we should open this up first before giving it Sugar?"

Marsh: "No. She respects my mail and privacy even though she threw up all over my mail the other week, I gotta respect hers too. Besides, I already sniffed it over. Nothing dangerous I can smell."

Candy: "Alright, if you think it's safe."
>>
No. 893553 ID: 15a025
File 153193742758.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 170.png )
893553

Now we've got two things to deliver. First things first, we make a quick stop back at the bar to give Sharcole her pills. Marsh pulls her out of the bed room and back up to the bar.

Marsh: "Alright Sharcole here's your pills. Pharmacist said to take two of these before going to bed."

Candy: "With water."

Marsh: "Right."

Sharcole: "Thanks for picking them up."

Marsh: "No problem. You get a little sleep while we were gone?"

Sharcole: "Yeah, kind of."

Kind of? I could hear her snoring while we were playing cards earlier. I'd hate to hear her when she's getting a good night's rest.

Marsh: "Well, hopefully with these you can get some sleep on something that's not a counter top."
Sharcole: "I'm not getting my hopes up, but yeah."
>>
No. 893554 ID: 15a025
File 153193750497.png - (5.12KB , 800x600 , 171.png )
893554

We take Sharcole home after, and get greeted by her grumpy roommate.

Kyle: "Your home early. And you brought her over again too."

Marsh: "Boy, for someone who got kind of mad she was home late the last time we were here, you don't sound so happy she's coming early either."

Kyle: "Cut the crap, you wouldn't be bringing her home early unless something happened. Now spill it."
>>
No. 893556 ID: b1b4f3

Tell him she fell asleep on the job, and demand an explanation.
>>
No. 893557 ID: 91ee5f

>>893554
Tell him what happened.

We found her with a big lump on her head, which was caused by her passing out and hitting her head on the counter. We took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with insomnia. So we went to the pharmacy and got her some pills that she’s supposed to take 2 of with water before going to bed.

She hasn’t been getting any sleep because something or someone is keeping her up all night and that’s the reason she got hurt. You wouldn’t happen to know what’s keeping her up all night, would you?
>>
No. 893560 ID: fafba8

>>893559
Lol
Also don't forget to get ready to grab Marsh... I got a feeling shits about to hit the fan.
>>
No. 893632 ID: 02a0f7

Say that you had to go to the hospital and discovered that Sharcole has severe insomnia. You've been told you need to check out her sleeping arrangements to ensure she can get proper rest at home. It might be a lie, but it'll hopefully get you in to see just how bad this situation is.
>>
No. 893761 ID: 15a025
File 153205143288.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 172.png )
893761

>Tell him she fell asleep on the job, and demand an explanation.
>We found her with a big lump on her head, which was caused by her passing out and hitting her head on the counter. We took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with insomnia. So we went to the pharmacy and got her some pills that she’s supposed to take 2 of with water before going to bed.

Candy: "I came into work today she was passed out on the floor with a bruise on her head. We rushed her over to the hospital and they diagnosed her with insomnia. After that, we had to go run a grab her prescription."

Kyle: "Fine, here."

He pulls out some money out and hands it to Marsh.
Marsh: "Ah yes. Nothing says thanks for saving my friend and taking care of them like a nice worn down five dollar bill."

Kyle: "Yeah, and I could have just brought Sharcole in and slammed the door on ya too. Keep that in mind."

Marsh: "Whatever. Can we at least use your shower?"

Kyle: "Ya know, I find it hard to believe that one of the biggest dealers in town can't even afford to get working shower in her fancy mansion."

I hear Marsh get ready to fire something back, but he cuts her off.

Kyle: "Whatever, come back later tonight if you wanna use the shower."

Marsh: "Why can't we now?"

Kyle: "All the waters being used up for laundry right now."
>>
No. 893764 ID: 15a025
File 153205150704.png - (5.06KB , 800x600 , 173.png )
893764

>You've been told you need to check out her sleeping arrangements to ensure she can get proper rest at home.
Candy: "That's alright Marsh. We need to come back here tonight anyway."

Kyle and Marsh: "For what?"

>Sharcole has severe insomnia
Candy: "Sharcole's insomnia is pretty severe. The doctor said we need check her sleeping arrangements and make sure she can get some rest at home."

Kyle doesn't look so happy about that.
Sharcole: "Oh Candy! We could have a sleep over!"

He lets a sigh of annoyance.
Kyle: "No sleepover. They can stat till ten, that's it."
>>
No. 893783 ID: b1b4f3

How come he gets to call all the shots?
>>
No. 893784 ID: 91ee5f

>>893764
>Kyle doesn't look so happy about that.
What the matter with him? Is he afraid that we’ll find out that it’s his fault that Sharcole has insomnia? Or is he afraid of what we’ll do to him if he is responsible?

>"No sleepover. They can stat till ten, that's it."
Last time I checked, he’s Sharcole’s roommate, not her father.

>>893783
Yeah, why does he get to call the shots?
>>
No. 893810 ID: 02a0f7

Does Sharcole have a lease? ...Do EITHER of these guys have leases? If so, they should be having an equal relationship. If not, that's an entirely different problem that's gotta be fixed.
>>
No. 893849 ID: fafba8

>>893810
What?
>>893764
I starting to get a feeling that we should leave... I mean try not to do anything to get him or Marsh even more angry. I mean unless you want to stop a murder.
>>
No. 893875 ID: 15a025
File 153213120225.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 174.png )
893875

>How come he gets to call all the shots?
>Yeah, why does he get to call the shots? Last time I checked, he’s Sharcole’s roommate, not her father.

Candy: "Your starting to sound more like her father instead of a roommate you know. How come your calling the all shots here?"

>Does Sharcole have a lease? ...Do EITHER of these guys have leases?
Candy: "Who's name's are on the lease anyway?"

Sharcole: "Both us are."

Kyle: "Yet I'm the one who's paying most of the rent and bills."

Sharcole: "Yeah, but who's putting food on the table?"

Kyle: "Not you. I'm the one who pretty much cooks everything too."

Sharcole: "That's not what I meant."

>Is he afraid that we’ll find out that it’s his fault that Sharcole has insomnia? Or is he afraid of what we’ll do to him if he is responsible?

Candy: "I'm getting the feeling you just don't want us around because your why she isn't getting any sleep."

Kyle: "I'm just going to go grab a beer and act like I didn't hear that. Come back around seven for your showers."
>>
No. 893876 ID: 15a025
File 153213130931.png - (3.92KB , 800x600 , 175.png )
893876

He walks off to go get his beer. Jerk probably drinks some garbage canned brand.

Sharcole: "I guess I'll see you two at seven?"

Marsh: "Much as I hate hanging around him, yeah. We need to hit the showers and make sure you're alright."

Sharcole: "Thanks, see ya then. Oh! Thanks for helping me out too."

Marsh: "It was nothing."
>>
No. 893877 ID: 15a025
File 153213136553.png - (3.82KB , 800x600 , 176.png )
893877

Sharcole heads inside her apartment.

Marsh: "I'm gonna have to haul drinks home from the bar at this rate, or hope Sugar hasn't guzzled down whatever we got yet."

It's about three o'clock right now, I think?. We should have about four hours to kill before we can come back and at least wash up a bit. Is there anything I should do or take care of in the mean time?
>>
No. 893881 ID: 91ee5f

>>893877
Let’s just hangout with Marsh and help her do things, so that she doesn’t have to do them by herself. It’s the least we can do, since she’s always helping us and buying things for us and driving us everywhere.

.....jeez, I feel like we’re taking advantage of her hospitality and that makes me feels like an asshole.
>>
No. 893938 ID: fafba8

>>893877
Okay hang out with Marsh... I mean who else can you call a friend here?
>>
No. 893954 ID: 02a0f7

Marsh is pretty much the best. Help her out with whatever she needs for a while.
>>
No. 893962 ID: de6d84

Friend hangout is go
>>
No. 894097 ID: 15a025
File 153237772939.png - (4.44KB , 800x600 , 177.png )
894097

>Let’s just hangout with Marsh and help her do things, so that she doesn’t have to do them by herself.
>Marsh is pretty much the best. Help her out with whatever she needs for a while.
>Friend hangout is go

Candy: "Well, we got some time to kill. There anything you need to do or need help with?"

Marsh: "Since it's just you and me now, I should probably open up the bar, even if it is just for a little bit."

Candy: "I'm fine with helping out."

Marsh: "Alright! To the bar!"

Marsh grabs my arm and drags me down to the car.
>>
No. 894099 ID: 15a025
File 153237775461.png - (5.12KB , 800x600 , 178.png )
894099

When we get to the bar, Marsh turns on her open signs while she has me wipe down the bar and move my nightstand to the back.
>>
No. 894100 ID: 15a025
File 153237780325.png - (5.38KB , 800x600 , 179.png )
894100

A little bit later, someone walks in.

Kola: "Hey you are open today after all!"

Marsh: "Huh? Oh hey Jay. Yeah we're open, but not for too long tonight."

Jay: "How late you open?"

Marsh: "Closing at six-thirty."

Jay: "Oh that's not too bad. Hey, who's you new friend here?"

Marsh: "That's the boss's sister, Candy."

Jay: "Well it's nice to meet you Candy."

Candy: "Nice to meet you too Jay."

He plops down on one of the stools and we shake.

Marsh: "You come in alone or?"

Jay: "Nah, Hammer's coming in after he-"
>>
No. 894101 ID: 15a025
File 153237785425.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , 180.png )
894101

A big bull comes stomping up to the bar.
Bull: "Alright what's on the menu tonight and why isn't the radio going?"

Marsh: "We just opened up, Hammer. I'll turn the radio on in a minute. Before I start serving you two, who's the driver?"

Jay: "Did you even have to ask?"

Marsh: "Hey, never know when you might decide to venture out a little for some fun and he chills out for a night."

Hammer: "So if this night getting started or what?"

Jay: "She's not staying open late today."

Hammer: "More reason to hop to it then. Let's go."

He slams some money on the counter.
Marsh: "Can't serve you if you don't tell me you want."

Hammer: "Hit me hard and surprise me."

Marsh: "Alright you heard him Candy. Give him your best shot!"

Candy: "I-what?"

I still don't know how to really any drinks?! Any ideas on what I should I make him?
>>
No. 894104 ID: fafba8

>>894101
Lets bring back a old request... blowjob or Orgasm?

no I am not the one who requested it in the first act... I found it funny.
>>
No. 894111 ID: 094652

>>894104
No.

>Hit me hard and surprise me
Spicy habaneros, a dash of chocolate, and a drop of ethanol mixed with two parts rum and one part beer.
>>
No. 894112 ID: ee2d6e

He looks like a man that would enjoy a Godfather: Take an Old-Fashioned glass (the short, wide one), dump some ice in, pour in equal parts whisky and amaretto and stir. It's hard to fuck up.
>>
No. 894125 ID: 91ee5f

>>894112
Yeah, do this.

Don’t tell anyone what it’s called unless they ask you first.
>>
No. 894417 ID: 15a025
File 153254890092.png - (5.80KB , 800x600 , 181.png )
894417

>He looks like a man that would enjoy a Godfather: Take an Old-Fashioned glass (the short, wide one), dump some ice in, pour in equal parts whisky and amaretto and stir. It's hard to fuck up.
>Yeah, do this.
Well, it's easy to make I guess I'll give it a shot.

I grab one those short glasses and fill it with some ice. Then I pull out some of Marsh's whisky and fill it a little.
Candy: "We got any ama-"

Marsh: "Yeah, it's on the bottom right corner of that bottom right-shelf."

Candy: "Thanks."
I grab it and pour it into the rest of the cup and stir.

Candy: "Alright, here you go. Think you can handle it?"

Hammer: "There ain't nothing here I can't handle."

Marsh: "Except the wine glasses."

He takes a swig out of his drink.
Hammer: "Yeah, don't remind me about that night."

Candy: "How's the drink."

Hammer: "About what I expect coming here. A little too sweet me though."
>>
No. 894418 ID: 15a025
File 153254894671.png - (6.03KB , 800x600 , 182.png )
894418

Jay lets out a little chuckle.
Jay: "So much for 'nothing here I can't handle' "

Hammer: "Did I say I wasn't going to finish it?"

He tries to show off and chug it down but ends up choking a bit.

Marsh: "Alright slow it down. You're going to end up spilling more than just your drink at this rate."
>>
No. 894419 ID: 15a025
File 153254903509.png - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 183.png )
894419

He sets the drink down on the bar.
Hammer: "Alright, but you going to get that radio going or what?"

Marsh: "No, unless there's some surprise game I haven't heard about?"

Jay: "I think he's wanting to hear the re-caps and highlights."

Hammer: "Highlights? No, I thought there was a game on tonight!"

Jay: "It isn't Friday or Sunday night."

Hammer: "Oh, right."

Jay: "So, Marsh, how come you opened so late today?"

Marsh: "We got caught up in some trouble this morning and had some other business to take care of."

Jay: "Everything alright?"

Marsh: "Nothing you two need to worry about."

Jay: "Alright, hint taken. Glad you opened up before we decided to take a chance at that sports bar again."

Marsh: "What do you mean,again?"

Jay: "Sorry! When they're the only place open, there really isn't much other-"

Marsh: "No, I meant like, what happened the first time?"

Jay: "Someone tried to run off with our wallets."

Hammer: "Key word is tried."

Jay: "Yeah, he wasn't very good."

Hammer starts showing off and flexing his arm.
Hammer: "Grease ball musta thought I was too hammered to notice. Don't really remember what I did after I caught him, but I'm sure he felt it in the morning."
>>
No. 894431 ID: 91ee5f

>>894419
>"Someone tried to run off with our wallets."
>"Key word is tried."
>”Yeah, he wasn't very good."
Huh, I thought the Con Artist Coon was more into conning people than pickpocketing them. Unless it was another one of those assholes in purple robes.

>Don't really remember what I did after I caught him, but I'm sure he felt it in the morning.
Well, since Hammer doesn’t remember what he did, then ask Jay what the guy looked like and what Hammer did to him.

If they ask why you want to know, tell them it’s so you can keep an eye out for that guy in case he shows up here.

Also, ask them how long ago this was. Because depending on how long ago this happened, if Hammer did something noticeable like brake the guy’s arm, we could use that to help us identify him. Unless it was a few weeks ago, then he might’ve had time to heal.

If we’re lucky, then a guy matching these descriptions and who also has matching injuries, could show up here and he could probably the Con Artist Coon guy we’re looking for!

Just don’t tell anyone that you’re looking for him for the cops!
>>
No. 894449 ID: fafba8

>>894431
Yeah that, but instead if they ask why just say if they are regulars then it better to know... you never been a bartender so you can just say your new to bar tending and are just interested.
>>
No. 894539 ID: 15a025
File 153264825726.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , 184.png )
894539

>Well, since Hammer doesn’t remember what he did, then ask Jay what the guy looked like and what Hammer did to him.
Candy: "Jay, you remember anything about him? What'd he look like?"

Jay: "He stood out like a gun in a knife shop. Big ol trench coat on and a goofy hat."

Hammer: "Heh, he was probably too ashamed to show off his loser team's jersey."

Jay: "Yeah, he probably roots for the 'Skates. Anyway, he was shifty red fellow. Not really sure what species he was."

Hammer: "Ha, was that before or after I got done with him?"

Jay: "That was before you smashed his nose in."

Candy: "Ouch!"

Jay: "Oh he said more than just that."

Marsh: "How many teeth got knock out?"

Jay: "None."

Marsh: "Booo..."

Candy: "How long ago was this?"

Jay: "Just the other week actually. Apparently they've got all kinds of problems over at that place. Guess it's expected for any busy place around here now days, still a shame though."
>>
No. 894540 ID: 15a025
File 153264839472.png - (5.83KB , 800x600 , 185.png )
894540

Marsh: "You want something to drink Jay? You haven't even had your freebie yet?"

Jay: "Got any coconut milk?"

Marsh: "Should'a kept my mouth shut."

Jay: "Just enjoying the benefits of being the responsible one."

Marsh: "Yeah, enjoy it too much and we'll be out of stock for real. Stuff's getting pretty expensive you know."

Jay: "Better stock up on it while you can. Prices are only going to get worse."

Marsh: "Why's that?"

Jay: "Apparently coconuts are the new hot thing with Royalty in Kessaru now. All the leaders over there want them now, so of course they're charging a royalty to import them here too."
>>
No. 894541 ID: 15a025
File 153264843475.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , 186.png )
894541

Marsh: "Well, thanks for the tip, but it sounds like more risk than it's worth. Here's your fancy imported drink."

She slides a half full glass of milk to Jay.

Jay: "Half-empty?"

Marsh: "Word is there's a coconut milk shortage over at the Electric Sheep."

Jay and Hammer both start laughing.

Jay: "Guess I should have kept my mouth shut."
>>
No. 894542 ID: 15a025
File 153264847425.png - (4.53KB , 800x600 , 187.png )
894542

Marsh: "Wish I was joking, but we really are out now."

She goes to pour the carton over the bar counter, but not even a drop comes out.
>>
No. 894543 ID: 094652

>Coconut Milk is popular now
I'm thinking, how much would a substitute be worth?

Also why is it so popular? New health study? World-Famous chef invented a new coconut recipe? Latest princess declared she likes cocoa?
>>
No. 894610 ID: fafba8

>>894542
Well wheres the trashcan, tell Marsh you can take it to it *unless it is right next to both of you* Sometimes the smallest gestures can become big...
>>
No. 894638 ID: 91ee5f

>>894542
>She goes to pour the carton over the bar counter, but not even a drop comes out.
That’s almost as empty as Candy’s barely furnished room!

Well, do we have anything else that Jay could drink?
>>
No. 895512 ID: 15a025
File 153309707753.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 188.png )
895512

>That’s almost as empty as Candy’s barely furnished room!
Eh, as long as I've got a bed I'm alright. Having a proper nightstand with a little drawer to keep you guys in has me pretty set for now.

>Well wheres the trashcan, tell Marsh you can take it to it *unless it is right next to both of you*
Candy: "Where's the trashcan, I can go throw that out for you."

She pulls out a little bin from under the counter.
Marsh: "I got it. Thanks though."

She tosses away the now empty carton.

>I'm thinking, how much would a substitute be worth?
I'd think yogurt or just regular milk would be just fine? Those are both a lot cheaper since regular milk doesn't need to be imported.

>Also why is it so popular?
Candy: "So, what's up with coconut milk over in Kessaru? Why's it so popular now?"

Marsh: "Yeah, why coconut milk of all things?"

Jay: "They got the idea that drinking it makes their fur more shiny looking. I hear some of them are even bathing in the stuff"

Marsh: "Well, enjoy in your last thing of coconut milk here. If the prices on that stuff ends up sky rocketing, I doubt Sugar's going to bother getting more in."

>Well, do we have anything else that Jay could drink?
Candy: "Anything else here Jay could drink?"

Marsh: "We've still got, you know, non exotic drinks here. Like juice and soda."

Jay: "Nah the milks fine for now."

Hammer: "Alright, hit me with a tall mug of beer, fluff ball."

Marsh: "Hit me with some cash then."

He slams some cash on the bat table again. Marsh returns the favor by slamming a frothy beer on the counter. He lets out a little laugh.

Hammer: "Ha, Now you're the one spilling."
>>
No. 895513 ID: 15a025
File 153309712167.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , 189.png )
895513

The door opens and a scruffy looking dog with some kind of cape comes in.

Dog: "The usual. Bottle a hisky."

He sounds like he's already drunk.
>>
No. 895514 ID: 15a025
File 153309717130.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 190.png )
895514

He walks up over to the bar and Hammer moves out of the way to join Jay.
Marsh: "I thought you were sobering up, Scruf."

Scruf: "Wen I had a job I was."

Marsh: "Again?"

Scruf: "Would I be here if I didn't?"

Hammer: "So what'd you do this time Professor?"

Marsh just about snaps back at him, but she ends up just giving him a stern look before going back to Scruf.
>>
No. 895515 ID: 15a025
File 153309727481.png - (6.29KB , 800x600 , 191.png )
895515

Marsh: "You got a way back home?"

Scruf: "...Maybe?"

She lets out a sigh.

Marsh: "Let's try this from the start. How'd you get here?"

Scruf: "Drove myself."

Marsh: "You drove here drunk?"

Scruf: "No, I didn't drunk my way here. I just had some in the car before I walked in."

Marsh: "Your breath says more than just some. You smell like a whole thing of rum."

He lets out a weak chuckle.
Scruf: "Nah, just a half a rum. Promise it was after parking. Had a few stops before getting here."

Marsh: "So what's your plan for getting home then? We're closing a little early and I can't really let you stay in the guest room today."

Scruf: "I don't know?"
>>
No. 895525 ID: 91ee5f

>>895515
Don’t offer for us to drive him home. I think Marsh might not appreciate you offering to give rides to people all the time.

Are there taxis in this town? You could call a taxi and have them drive Scruf home, then in the morning he can come back here to get his car out of the parking lot.

All you’d need to do is get Scruf‘s address before he gets too drunk to answer, then you can tell the taxi driver where to take him.

No, wait, the taxi driver might need someone to ride along to get Scruf into his house. I guess you can ride with Scruf in the taxi and have Marsh follow behind the taxi. Then after you help Scruf into his house, you can hop into Marsh’s car and go home.
>>
No. 895582 ID: c4bc1f

>>895525
Then you might as well have marsh drive the you guys there. Taxi should be fine unless marsh offers.
>>
No. 895641 ID: fafba8

>>895515
Back room once more today. Once he is done might see if he is in the land of the living or in the void.
>>
No. 895984 ID: b151ce

Poor guy. Back room and see if you can get his address for a taxi.
>>
No. 896074 ID: 15a025
File 153344035716.png - (6.32KB , 800x600 , 192.png )
896074

>Are there taxis in this town? You could call a taxi and have them drive Scruf home
>Taxi should be fine unless marsh offers.
Candy: "Guess we're calling a Taxi then?"

Marsh: "You do have enough cash for a taxi, right?"

Scruf: "Yeah I got some cash for a cab."

Marsh: "Then hand it over!"

Scruf: "You robbin me!"

Marsh: "No, I'm holding onto it so you don't end spending it on booze. Now hand it over."

He digs out some cash and hands it to Marsh.
Marsh: "Need a quarter as well."

Scruf: "For what?"

Marsh: "To use the payphone outside."

Scruf: "Oh. Right."
>>
No. 896075 ID: 15a025
File 153344038212.png - (6.31KB , 800x600 , 193.png )
896075

Marsh: "No orders till I get back. Candy, keep these three out of trouble till then."

Hammer: "Don't be too long, I'm almost outta beer here."

She rolls her eyes and walks out of the bar.
>>
No. 896076 ID: 15a025
File 153344044649.png - (6.11KB , 800x600 , 194.png )
896076

Scruf: "So, who's the other missy behind the counter?"

Hammer: "Yeah, how about you introduce yourself already."

Jay: "She did. Maybe if you weren't so slow you would have been here for it."

Candy: "Missy? Anyway, my name's Candy. I'm just Marsh's helper."

Jay: "So what brings the big boss' sister out to help out Marsh tonight?"

Hammer: "Wait, you're her sister? You look nothing like her."

Candy: "Finally, someone who can actually see. I hate it when people say we look alike."

Scruf: "Don't care about the boss, ready know her. Tell us about yourself."

Candy: "I'm not really all that exciting. Just graduated college and now I'm here helping out my sister while I job hunt."

Scruf: "What'd ya graduate wif?"

Candy: "Scored myself a chemistry major."

Hammer: "Ha, yeah. Chemistry. Think that sums up what you're here to help with."

Scruf: "Ah great, another drug addict in the field. Just what we need."

Candy: "Hey, I've been drug free for about a year now. I've been working on kicking the smokes all together."

Hammer, Jay, and Scruf: "Sure you are."
>>
No. 896077 ID: 15a025
File 153344046324.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 195.png )
896077

They all start laughing.
>>
No. 896078 ID: b1b4f3

>>896077
Tell them this is like the polar opposite of how Sugar reacted when you told her you wouldn't be getting involved with her business.
>>
No. 896084 ID: fafba8

>>896077
Keep your cool. Being a bartender means you gotta stay cool.
>>
No. 896087 ID: 91ee5f

>>896077
I’m not sure if showing them your enchantment license would be considered proof that you’re not helping your sister. But if it is, then you could show it to them and tell them that your sister wouldn’t let you help her because of how often you’ve been visiting the police station to take your test.

In fact, your sister lost a bet with you when she said that you couldn’t get a license. You’re still trying to decide on how she’s going to pay up! .....and you’re trying to catch her at a time when she’s sober enough that she’ll actually remember to pay up.
>>
No. 896088 ID: 094652

Tell them if they continue being rude, you're going to treat alcohol as a drug and keep them away from it for the rest of the night.
>>
No. 896328 ID: 15a025
File 153367753535.png - (3.90KB , 800x600 , 196.png )
896328

>Tell them this is like the polar opposite of how Sugar reacted when you told her you wouldn't be getting involved with her business.
Candy: "You know, it's kind of funny how this is the exact opposite of how she reacted when I told her that."

Jay: "Told her what?"

Candy: "That I've quit smoking and doing drugs."
>>
No. 896329 ID: 15a025
File 153367756431.png - (3.91KB , 800x600 , 197.png )
896329

They all start roaring again.
>>
No. 896330 ID: 15a025
File 153367758830.png - (4.21KB , 800x600 , 198.png )
896330

>Keep your cool. Being a bartender means you gotta stay cool.
Keeping cool isn't what I'm worried about. Keeping the urge to light up a cigarette away is what's killing me now. Thankfully I can't since my lighter and that is back in my room.
>>
No. 896331 ID: 15a025
File 153367763952.png - (6.13KB , 800x600 , 199.png )
896331

Jay speaks up and interrupts the other two's laughter.
Jay: "Alright that's enough. I think she might be serious."

Hammer: "Ha, makes you say that?"

Jay: "You hear that noise?"

Hammer: "That rustling? I thought that was just the wind?"

Jay: "No, that's her digging in her pockets."

Candy: "I am not digging in my-"

Why am I'm digging around for lighter that's not even in here!

Hammer: "There's no way that's"

He leans over the counter

Hammer: "How much crap you got in there! It sounds like you're trashing someone's room over there!"
>>
No. 896332 ID: 15a025
File 153367766198.png - (4.06KB , 800x600 , 200.png )
896332

Marsh: "Alright Scruf, your taxi will be here at- Candy what are you mixing up over there, I said no orders till I got back!"
>>
No. 896340 ID: 91ee5f

>>896332
Tell her that you’re not mixing up orders! You were just talking to these guys!
>>
No. 896423 ID: fafba8

Ya Marsh I think Marsh is joking with you. Bar fun and all.
>>
No. 896437 ID: 15a025
File 153376164976.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 201.png )
896437

>I think Marsh is joking with you. Bar fun and all.
>Tell her that you’re not mixing up orders! You were just talking to these guys!
Candy: "I'm not mixing up anything. Just talking with everyone."

Jay: "You know, I think I've still got a lighter in my car Candy. Want me to go grab it?"

Candy: "No, I just said I'm trying to quit!"

Jay: "Whoa, just offering."

Marsh: "No smoking in the bar anyway."

Candy: "Can we change topics? This really isn't helping."

Marsh: "Yeah. Scruf, your taxi's going to be here at six."

Scruf: "What about the whisky I ask fer?"

Marsh: "What the number one rule here at the bar Scruf?"

Scruf: "Don't drunk and drove?"

Marsh: "Okay, yeah. Don't drink and drive. I mean, the other big rule?"

Scruf: "Dunno?"

Marsh: "We only serve those looking to have a good time. I get you had a pretty rough day, but I'm not going to let you sit in here and drown yourself over it in booze."

Hammer: "Yeah, come of professor, if you're going to drive all the way down here at least try and have a good time."
>>
No. 896438 ID: 15a025
File 153376169909.png - (4.58KB , 800x600 , 202.png )
896438

Scruf: "Bar's are for drinking. There ain't nothing else 'round here to do."

Marsh: "Sure you wanna go there? Because I'm pretty sure the four us can come up with something to prove your little hypothesis there wrong."

Scruf: "Whatever gets me a drink faster I guess."
>>
No. 896455 ID: fafba8

>>896438
Drinks make people more sad... so yeah I think maybe a game or how about a bar song... I not really sure.
>>
No. 896502 ID: 87353e

>>896438
>>896455
A game sounds good! Marsh just got a new pack of playing cards. If its ok with her to use them, maybe you could play a few games? You could start out with a few simple and easy party games like Slapjack, War, Old maid or other like games to get started.
>>
No. 896522 ID: 91ee5f

>>896502
Be careful with the card games. I’m pretty sure once we get to the gambling games like poker, someone is gonna ask for free drinks if they win.
>>
No. 896689 ID: 15a025
File 153394224659.png - (6.42KB , 800x600 , 203.png )
896689

Hammer: "How about dusting off that pool table and playing some cut-throat? Drinking rules."

Marsh: "Pool table is still getting repaired."

Hammer: "Oh yeah. Can't believe that dude flipped that thing the other week."

Jay: "Someone flipped the pool table?"

Marsh: "Yeah. It's also why we're not doing anymore big pool tournaments either."

Jay: "What was the prize?"

Hammer: "Buy in was five hundred and the prize was two grand."

Jay: "I can't believe I missed it!"

Scruf: "How's about something we can do?"

>I think maybe a game or how about a bar song
>A game sounds good! Marsh just got a new pack of playing cards. If it's ok with her to use them, maybe you could play a few games? You could start out with a few simple and easy party games like Slapjack, War, Old maid or other like games to get started.
Candy: "Hey Marsh, we could break out those playing cards you got."

Marsh: "I don't mind playing poker for fun, but I'm pretty sure Jay and Hammer are going to want to play that for cash."

Hammer: "If I'm playing, I'm playing to get more drinks. So let's make it a drinking game."

Scruf: "Now you'rr talking!"

Candy: "We could play old maid?"

Hammer starts laughing. "I'd love to see how you'd make that into a drinking game!"

Candy: "Easy. Whoever gets stuck with the old maid at the end takes a shot."

Jay: "Dang, she just showed you."

Hammer: "Alright, I'm game. But can we call it something else?"
>>
No. 896690 ID: 15a025
File 153394227558.png - (4.15KB , 800x600 , 204.png )
896690

Marsh: "We'll just call it black cat."

Jay: "Why black cat?"

Marsh: "Because I'm sticking the joker in as the old maid, and the joker on here is a black cat."

She sets the card down on the counter for everyone to see.

Hammer: "Way to play off an old superstition."
>>
No. 896691 ID: 15a025
File 153394234240.png - (7.07KB , 800x600 , 205.png )
896691

She takes us all over to card table to the side.

Marsh: "Alright, I'm setting the full ground rules here. Just because we're playing a drinking game here doesn't mean the drinks are going to be free. They're going on your tabs and I'm expecting you'll be able to pay them off tonight. Jay, since you're driving tonight you don't get anything for losing. No drinks for you either Candy. Can't have my assistant getting wasted on the job."

Hammer: "What, nothing happens if they lose?"

Scruf: "Fine wif me! More hisky for us then."

Marsh: "Yeah, like you need any more drinks tonight Scruf. Alright, if they lose, they have to drink whatever nasty crap I dig out of the fridge from a shot glass."

Jay: "Thanks Hammer."

Candy: "Oh boy. Mystery drinks."

Marsh: "I'll be tonight's dealer. We've got four players, so each person's getting a hand of thirteen cards with one unlucky person getting hit with a fourteen card hand. After drinking three shots, you're out of the game. We all set?"

Candy, Hammer, Jay, and Scruf: "Yup!"
>>
No. 896693 ID: 094652

Some of the cards are too far away for us to see, what other cards do you have?
>>
No. 896696 ID: 15a025

>>896693
Whops, forgot to post those. I'll repost that last panel with Candy saying her full hand.
>>
No. 896698 ID: 15a025
File 153394354755.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 206.png )
896698

Marsh deals out the cards, and I'm already off to a great start. It seems a black cat decided to cross my paths.

Here's my full hand for you spooky ghosts.
King of Diamonds
Queen of Spades
Ace of Diamonds
Six of Spades
Nine of Hearts
Eight of Diamonds
Two of Diamonds
Four of Clubs
Four of Hearts
Seven of Clubs
Two of Spades
Three of Diamonds
Joker.
>>
No. 896705 ID: 91ee5f

>>896698
Alright, if I remember the rules correctly, your supposed to make pairs of cards and place them down in the middle of the table, the opponent to your left is supposed to pick one of the cards in your hand, you’re supposed to pick a card from the hand of the opponent to your right, and you’re trying to not get stuck with the Black Cat.

The only piece of advice I can give you is this: To increase your odds of getting rid of the Black Cat, shuffle the cards you’ve got right now and put the Black Cat in the middle of your hand, since people are more likely to pick a card from the middle instead of the edges.
>>
No. 896724 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, there isn't much to this game until your hand gets smaller, is there?

Anyway you've got a pair of fours and a pair of twos.
>>
No. 896751 ID: 91ee5f

>>896705
Oh, and obviously you should wait for your turn to come around before you start putting pairs down on the table.
>>
No. 896899 ID: fafba8

https://erik.cup.al/rules Not sure if the rules if wrong just link me
>>
No. 896918 ID: 87353e

I believe you're allowed to discard any pairs in your starting hand before the dealer starts the game by offering up their cards to the person on their left to choose from.
Discard your pair of 2's and 4's and then shuffle your hand like in >>896705
>>
No. 896946 ID: 15a025

>>896899
Had no idea there was a card game called black cat until now ;p;
For clarification, the game they're playing is still Old Maid, the group is the just calling the old maid card, The Black Cat.
Here's a link to the rules https://historicalgames.neocities.org/Victorian/oldmaid.html in case you haven't played it before:
>>
No. 897100 ID: 15a025
File 153422401358.png - (7.26KB , 800x600 , 207.png )
897100

>The only piece of advice I can give you is this: To increase your odds of getting rid of the Black Cat, shuffle the cards you’ve got right now and put the Black Cat in the middle of your hand, since people are more likely to pick a card from the middle instead of the edges.
> you've got a pair of fours and a pair of twos.
Candy: "Alright so do we all start throwing down our pairs?"

Marsh: "Yup, starting with Jay, and ending with Hammer."

Jay: "All of them?"

Marsh: "Yes, all of them."

Hammer: "All of them? What kind of bluff you trying pull."

Jay: "This kind."

He throws down six pairs onto the table.
The Two of Clubs and Hearts
The Five of Hearts and Diamonds
The Six of Clubs and Diamonds
The Seven of Spades and Diamonds
The Ten of Clubs and Spades
The Jack of Hearts and Diamonds

Hammer: "Did you even shuffle the deck Marsh! What are the odds of him even getting six pairs right off the bat like that!"

Scruf: "I'd do the math but it ain't worth the effort."

Marsh: "You really going to complain when that puts you closer to a getting a drink?"

Hammer: "Guess not, even though I'm still paying for it."
>>
No. 897102 ID: 15a025
File 153422407950.png - (7.24KB , 800x600 , 208.png )
897102

Marsh: "Alright Scruf, throw your pairs down.
Scruf: "Well, it's not the worse of starts."

He plays two pairs:
The Ten of Hearts and Diamonds
The King of Clubs and Diamonds.
>>
No. 897103 ID: 15a025
File 153422411175.png - (7.24KB , 800x600 , 209.png )
897103

Candy: "Guess it's my go now?"

I put down my pair of two's and fours.
Scruf: "At least we're on even grounds."
>>
No. 897104 ID: 15a025
File 153422428109.png - (7.23KB , 800x600 , 210.png )
897104

Hammer: "And here I thought I had I good hand till Jay had to still my thunder."
Hammer tosses four pairs onto the table.
The Eight of Hearts and Clubs
The Three of Hearts and Spades
The Nine of Clubs and Spades.

Scruf starts mocking Hammer.
Scruf: " Did you even shuffle the deck! What are the odds of him even getting four pairs right off the bat like that! I oughtta deck ya."

Jay: "You're just mad I shocked everyone with the better opening hand."

Hammer: "I'll make you drink those words when I win this round."

Jay: "Yeah, drinking the drink you didn't get to order."

Marsh just groans.
>>
No. 897105 ID: 15a025
File 153422433693.png - (7.23KB , 800x600 , 211.png )
897105

Marsh: "Alright, stick out your hand Hammer, Jay's taking one of your cards now."

Since Marsh is sitting in between Jay and Hammer, he just points to a card in Hammer's hand.
Jay: "I'll take that one."

Hammer: "This one? You suuure?"

Jay: "You know what, never mind. I I'll take that one over there instead."

He pulls out of his hand and slides it over to Jay.
After that it's Hammer's turn to take a card from my hand. He ends up taking my King of Diamonds.
Hammer: "Darn, nothing."

Then I take a card from Scruf, getting the King of Spades. How great.

After that Scruf takes a card from Jay.

Jay: "Hang on, I think we're getting turns mixed up here?"

Marsh: "Huh?"

Jay: "When I started, shouldn't I have taken a card from Scruffy instead of Hammer?"
>>
No. 897108 ID: 91ee5f

>>897105
>"When I started, shouldn't I have taken a card from Scruffy instead of Hammer?"
Nope.

The opponent to your left, which is Scruffy, is supposed to take a card from you and you’re supposed to take a card from the opponent to your right, which is Hammer.
>>
No. 897155 ID: 15a025
File 153428071231.png - (4.62KB , 800x600 , 212.png )
897155

>Nope.
>The opponent to your left, which is Scruffy, is supposed to take a card from you and you’re supposed to take a card from the opponent to your right, which is Hammer.
Candy: "Nope. The person sitting to your left takes a card from you. Since Scruffy is sitting to your left, he'll be taking your cards this round."

Marsh: "Which means you always take a card from the person sitting to your right."

Jay: "Thanks, I was getting a little mixed up."

With the turn order clarified, we go through a couple more turns before it finally happens. Scruf grabs the black cat out of my hand.

He doesn't say anything. Instead he just let's his expression do all the talking.
>>
No. 897156 ID: 15a025
File 153428075248.png - (7.23KB , 800x600 , 213.png )
897156

Then after that, either Jay's trying to bluff us or he pulled the joker out of Scruf's hand.

Jay: "Well, at least I only got a hand of three cards."

Hammer looks a little cautious as he picks his next card from Jay.

Hammer: "Ha, pair of nines! Thanks."
>>
No. 897157 ID: 15a025
File 153428078986.png - (7.20KB , 800x600 , 214.png )
897157

Both Hammer and Jay are down to just two cards now. I'm sitting in dead last here with six cards, and Scruf's got five. I'd ask how can turn things around, but I don't think there's much I can do other than just hope for good luck. Since Hammer grabbed a matching pair from Jay, I think it's safe to say he isn't holding the joker now. I grab my card from Hammer and get a pair myself!

Candy: "Woo Pair of threes!"
>>
No. 897158 ID: 15a025
File 153428081882.png - (7.20KB , 800x600 , 215.png )
897158

Scruf's turn comes around next and he makes a pair of aces from his grab. Then Jay's turn comes around and makes a pair of sixes from Hammer's... last card.

Hammer: "Ha! Look who got the last laugh this round after all, Jay. Since he took my last card, does that mean I'm out from this round now?"
>>
No. 897163 ID: 91ee5f

>>897158
Yeah, he gets to sit out for the rest of this round.
>>
No. 897185 ID: 094652

Did you remember to keep an extra pair to spice things up a notch? Me neither, keep playing and play with yourself to distract the others.
>>
No. 897384 ID: 15a025
File 153443382488.png - (7.18KB , 800x600 , 216.png )
897384

>Did you remember to keep an extra pair to spice things up a notch?
I feel like that'd be too easy to call out right now. That might be something funny to pull later on after everyone's had a few a drinks though.

>Yeah, he gets to sit out for the rest of this round.
Candy and Marsh: "Yup."

Marsh: "Jinx, you owe me a beer later."

Candy: "What, rea-ow!"

I feel something sting me a little.

Marsh: "You okay?"

Candy: "Yeah, just felt something sting me a little."

Marsh: "Anyway, nah. I'm just messing with ya. Like you could afford to buy me a drink anyway."

Hammer: "Like anyone here could afford your taste in drinks anyway."

Jay: "Seriously, how and why do you drop like fifty dollars on a thing of... whatever weird drink of the month it is with you."

Marsh: "Drink of the month? Come on, I can't believe neither you know what my favorite drink is."
>>
No. 897385 ID: 15a025
File 153443387144.png - (7.19KB , 800x600 , 217.png )
897385

While they're going on about drinks, I take my card from Scruffy and make a pair of queens.
Hammer: "You're always talking about some weird brand no-one here's heard of that you drank when you got home. Plus, we've never really had drinks with you."

Marsh: "Hey, when you're the bar that stocks just about everything you can, it's hard not to try something new when you can. Plus, I like to go big or don't go at all. No point in wasting money on the cheap crap."

Scruf takes his card from Jay, and Jay takes my five of clubs. No new pairs, yet. It's getting down to the wire here now.

Scruf: "Not too picky with my drinks. Cheap whisky or some scotch, that'll do."

Before they go on about drinks more I take my card from Scruf.

Candy: "Thanks for the pair of eights, Scruf."

Jay: "Ah shoot."
>>
No. 897386 ID: 15a025
File 153443395334.png - (7.21KB , 800x600 , 218.png )
897386

Hammer: "Ah shoot? Oh, haha. Nice come back cotton swab. Anyway, price doesn't make no difference to me. Think it's all in your heads. I'd be willing to bet sometime you couldn't tell the difference between some gas station crap or some expensive fine wine."

Marsh: "If I didn't have anything going on today I'd take you on that bet so fast."

Scruf: "Good life lesson. Don't mess with her drinks. She's got one hell offa sniffer."

Hammer: "What! You went out drinking with him!"

Marsh: "Kind of, not at a bar though. We met at that coffee and tea place in the mall once."

Hammer: "What happened?"

Marsh: "Some moron put black tea in my hot chocolate by mistake a few months ago."

Jay: "Eh, black tea is just boring hot chocolate. Was it any good?"

Scruf: "She sat and chewed him out in front of the manger for ten minutes! Made him make her another and give her a coupon for a free visit."

Jay: "Little over kill don't you think?"

Marsh: "The hot chocolate was twelve dollars, plus the five I had to pay to get in there. You bet I'm-"
Hammer: "Who in the right mind, pays twelve dollars for a hot chocolate!"

Marsh: "It was huge mug with marshmallows in it and everything!"

Scruf: "Alright I'm pulling my card now!"

Jay: "Yeah, let's get this round over with. Give me your card Candy."

He takes my last card.

Marsh: "Congrats Candy, you've been spared from having to drink one of my mystery drinks."

Scruf and Jay's showdown interrupts the talk about drinks as they snatch cards from each other until...
>>
No. 897387 ID: 15a025
File 153443403289.png - (7.22KB , 800x600 , 219.png )
897387

Scruf: "Ah screw you, pair of jacks I won."

Hammer: "So much for your fancy six pairs right off the bat, Jay."

Jay: "Guess that mean's I get the stuck with the mystery drink. Yippee."

Marsh: "Nah, I'm not going to make you some 'mystery drink' Jay."

Hammer: "Ah what! Buzz kill!"

Marsh: "Candy's going to make you something to drink."

Jay: "Why do I get the feeling that's going to be even worse?"

Marsh: "Go mix him up something non-alcoholic!"

Alright, how nice do I feel like being to Jay here?
>>
No. 897394 ID: 91ee5f

>>897384
>I feel something sting me a little.
Where did you get stung?

Check the area to see how bad the sting was. But if the sting was in an area that would look weird if you looked at it in public, wait until you get behind the bar to mix Jay’s mystery drink, so that the counter will block everyone’s view.

>>897387
>Alright, how nice do I feel like being to Jay here?
Somewhere in the middle between “being the nicest person on the planet” and “being a complete asshole”.
>>
No. 897395 ID: 91ee5f

>>897394
Although, to be honest, it all depends on what nonalcoholic stuff you’ve got to work with behind the bar.
>>
No. 897476 ID: b1b4f3

>>897387
Mix something sour.
>>
No. 897504 ID: 094652

Mix gummy worms, ice cream, and a can of tomato juice!

Just kidding mix gummies with melted ice cream.
>>
No. 897574 ID: 15a025
File 153453551965.png - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 220.png )
897574

>Where did you get stung?
Felt like my stomach.

>Somewhere in the middle between “being the nicest person on the planet” and “being a complete asshole”.
>Mix something sour.
>mix gummies with melted ice cream.

Sour gummy worms in melted ice cream it is. If Marsh has any gummy worms or ice cream here?
I head over to the bar find she has some snack stuff stocked under the bar. Mostly salty stuff like peanuts and sunflower seeds. She's got a few bags of gummy worm... or gummy snakes? I grab a bag of the sour ones and head to the little fridge next. She's got ice cream in here, but it's just little cups of it. That might actually work out with a little drinking glass! I dump out some strawberry ice cream into a glass and stir up with the little spoon a little to speed up the melting a bit. After that, I break up the gummy snakes and add them to the drink.
>>
No. 897575 ID: 15a025
File 153453554619.png - (7.09KB , 800x600 , 221.png )
897575

Candy: "Here you go, one mystery drink."

Jay: "Are those chunks of gummy worms floating in here?"

Candy: "Drink it and find out."

Jay: "Welp, here goes nothing."
>>
No. 897576 ID: 15a025
File 153453565497.png - (7.06KB , 800x600 , 222.png )
897576

He chugs it down in one gulp.
Marsh: "Careful you don't choke on those things!"

Jay: "Strawberry milk and fruity gummies? You really do live up to your name."

Marsh: "Wait, I don't have strawberry milk here?"

Candy: "It was melted strawberry ice cream."

Jay: "Close enough."
>>
No. 897577 ID: 15a025
File 153453573149.png - (7.43KB , 800x600 , 223.png )
897577

We startup some more rounds of "black cat" and end up spending the whole time playing it, talking about drinks. Hammer ends up getting hammered, Scruffy somehow manages to never lose a round, and Jay ends up ordering some more strawberry gummy snake drinks. It's a great time and we all have a blast!
End Volume 4.[spoiler]


[spoiler]Please check the discussion thread for a quick post about Volume 5

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password